11425 El Camino Real
590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

She [Dr. Susanna Park] was very friendly and explained everything to me. ... She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. ... She made me feel very comfortable. ... If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them [San Diego Fertility Center]. ... I would recommend her to any one ... even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles
When I needed to be seen on weekends they [San Diego Fertility Center] accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back. ... They [nursing staff] were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles. ... This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. T
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was very friendly and explained everything to me. She made me feel very comfortable. She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. I would recommend her to any one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be prepared for a no. Not every cycle will result in a pregnancy and it’s always tough when you get that phone call telling you that you aren’t pregnant. Stay strong
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. They explained everything to me and treated me kindly and with respect. If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them. I love this facility and even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles, I would still recommend this place to anyone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great there. I don’t think they had any weaknesses in my opinion. When I needed to be seen on weekends they accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back.
San Diego - Mission Valley
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.... Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer.... In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
Clinic staff [San Diego Fertility] was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.... [Nurse] Annette was wonderful .... We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us,
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
Our experience working with Dr. Chuan has always been very positive. I always tell anyone going through what we are what an amazing Doctor she is and how much she cares for us. I'm so thankful she has been our doctor through this whole experience.
I absolutely love this clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient....Every nurse or staff member at SD Fertility Center has been so kind and compassionate. Our experience there has been positive because of the people there. They all care.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an amazing Doctor and to trust her professional guidance and decisions. She always has your best interest in mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan always made us feel that she cared about us and our situation. We have always trusted her because we know she cares.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't remember all the meds but I do know it was important to take everything as directed so I did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely love this clinic. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
Very easy to schedule and attend. No wait time at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
The costs were well communicated to us and that part was absolutely fine.
Temecula

Dr. Park was so warm and would explain these intimate and highly scientific procedures in an understandable way. She gave me realistic confidence about our prospects and the course of action that needed to be employed...Dr. Park is so knowledgeable, but she made sure to make sure I was not overwhelmed with information. Dr. Park had a great demeanor that makes a very stressful situation seem routine. Dr. Park was empathetic when necessary, but always remained professional and positive.
The clinic [SD Fert Center] is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey...Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate....It was approximately $800 per cycle for the medication and the IUI. That does not include the price of donor sperm.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stay the course and never hold back with a questions - she will answer them all.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Initially, Dr. Park waived my HSG test; however, after the first unsuccessful attempt at IUI, she made me take a month off and get the HSG Test so as to insure there was no glaring issues. Further, I was given cholmid and it did not help to produce multiple follicles. On my second IUI, my cholmid dose was doubled, but it did not produce a second follicle. However, I was able to conceive a singleton through to birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.

2018 - 2020, Successful
The clinic staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!...Dr. Park instilled a lot of confidence in our journey and was quick to explain the concerns and strengths in a kind and authentic manner. She was available for appointments and was supportive throughout our journey...recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine...carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't delay! Move forward with Dr. Park and her team and you will not be disappointed
Dr. Park carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic staff was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I’ve already recommended her [Dr. Friedman] to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us. ... She has a lovely bedside manner and we felt like she really listened to us and our concerns.
Monitoring appointments [San Diego Fertility Center] are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work. ... The downside of this clinic is that they are SO busy. That’s also the upside though, you know they’re good at what they do and that’s why they’re busy. The girls at the front desk are so lovely and the nurses are great. You can’t really go wrong here. ... I have an allergy to one of the medications and one of the nurses forgot when calling in a prescription. It wasn’t a big deal and was easily rectified.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I’ve already recommended her to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
You’re in great hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have done so many cycles - I can’t recall the specifics anymore.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Brooke Friedman

2009 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
Dr D [Daneshmand] I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way ... I have very low AMH. All my cycles involved injections with clomid. Every cycle I had 100% fertilization rate and 80% made it to transfer
Everyone from the front desk, surgery center andin between has been beyond amazing. I have gotten to know all of them on personal levels and they genuinely care. They truly make this difficult journey a little easier with their compassion ... I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan ... My And Cindy [nurses] were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr D I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have confidence in him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very caring and positive
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: My Tran and Cindy C)
My And Cindy were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan
Said Daneshmand
San Diego - Del Mar Main
[Dr. Susanna Park is] the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful...clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate.
SDFC is super efficient. They get you in and out for appointments quickly so you do not have to miss much work. They worked with our insurance too. They are organized and professional - I never felt like I had to call to ask paperwork related questions or to advocate for myself - they totally had me covered...Megan was amazing - answered emails in off hours and truly showed compassion at every appointment. I felt so taken care of by the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate. She's the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful.
See her!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
She would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos.
San Diego - Mission Valley
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!... Great follow up and follow through. They [SD Fertility Ctr] have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She [Dr Chuan] highly recommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
The staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things....Jenn is always available, friendly and always makes me feel comfortable in some not so comfortable situations.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is very caring and has always had our best interest in mind. She always explains what's going on and why. She leaves the decisions up to us but always gives us her honest feedback and advice. I trust her completely with our care.
Trust the process and the doctor!
The staff is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things.
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She highly reccommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great staff! Awesome office! Fabulous doctor!
2013 - 2014, Successful
Iui [with Dr. Susanna Park] failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time...She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment...Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her...She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing...She was absolutely wonderful!
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable...The clinic was kind and successful. Would go again if needed. We are happy with the result of course and dr Park was amazing. We are thankful. Everyone helped us through this difficult time. Everything was troubleshooted as needed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was absolutely wonderful! I have 0 complaints. She’s an angel. She was kind and caring. Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her
Listen to what she says and do it! She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing
She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment
Iui failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable

2012 - 2013, Unknown Success
The entire team at SDFC were amazing despite our negative outcome. After 9 cycles feeling like a number in Australia it was refreshing to have such personalized care from SDFC.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
The most gentle and kind medical professional I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He was like a grandfather in his care with so much respect for us and what we had already been through. Extremely gentle, kind and compassionate but also was the one to say enough is enough. We can't get you pregnant and you need to look at other options such as surrogacy, adoption or being childfree. Amazing man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You are in the best hands possible. If anyone can get you pregnant he will do it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Tanaka)
Commitment to us as a couple from overseas. Constant communication through the entire process. Going above and beyond even offering to bring me dinner to my hotel after a rough day at the clinic.
William Hummel (retired)

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initially I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initally I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month. The assistant has since improved, I must note.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Chuan was so supportive at every visit. She always took the time to answer the many questions that I had and to thoroughly explain each process to my husband and I. I really felt like she always had my best interest....I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists [at San Diego Fertility Center] knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Don't give up!
I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
She was very caring and kind. I feel like she wanted this baby so much for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It was small, clean, organized and friendly
I believe our IUI were about $600 then we did them with injectables and it went to like $1100.

2009 - 2014, Successful
Doctor would call and do my consults by phone since I had over a 2 hour drive to his office
It's normal once treatment starts that you no longer see the dr at each visit.... Which is fine because the staff are awesome and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He had great bedside manner. Seemed to genuinely care about helping us become parents.
They always greeted me by my name when I walked in and we're all friendly. Doctor would call and do my consults by phone since I hD over a 2 hour drive to his office
Aggressive protocol due to being age 42. Used Bravelle and Menopure twice a day
She was efficient and had a great personality
We did a program they had where I could do two cycles using my own eggs then transfer to a guaranteed donor egg cycle. It seems like it ended up being approximately 50k

2014, Successful
Dr. Chuan's bedside manner is one of clinical empathy. She is part scientific, part maternal. Being a nurse myself, this combination is imperative. She gave me all of the medical information I needed and should know, yet her delivery was that of a dear friend.
Myrna [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] is so organized & friendly! Jen was wonderful about giving us a detailed schedule about what was to come....Dr. Chuan treated my husband and I as if we were her only patients. She is warm and caring but also scientific and precise.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't give up hope in your quest to have children!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Myrna is so organized & friendly! Jen was wonderful about giving us a detailed schedule about what was to come.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Gorgeous!!!! I felt zen just sitting in the waiting room. It's calm, beautiful and inviting.
2011, Successful
Dr. Hummel was very caring and thorough, and I felt like my care was personalized. He also had a gentle touch.
Kendra [my nurse] was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
I had only two experiences with Dr. Hummel. The first was a telephone initial appointment to discuss my history and whether I was a candidate for donor egg IVF. The second was my embryo transfer. On both occasions, Dr. Hummel displayed kindness, intelligence and humor
He is terrific!
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't know the details of the protocol used because I was the recipient. I had to take Lupron, birth control pills, estrogen tablets and progesterone in oil injections during my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra)
Kendra was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
I believe our donor egg IVF cycle cost $16,770, and our donor's fee was $7,500
William Hummel (retired)
2014 - 2015, Successful
I could not be happier with my care by Dr. Kettel. He is warm, compassionate, and honest. He has a great bedside manner and is extremely intelligent. I trust him 100% and highly recommend him!
I was always treated like one of the family! My care could not have been better at SDFC!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christensen)
She was so warm and caring! Gave us a hug when meeting us and was so timely and open in all communication!
2014, Successful
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI.[with Dr. Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center]. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!...She is a very caring person. She really wants to be able to give patients a baby and is very good about explaining every aspect of your treatment
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go here first. Don't bother with anywhere else. It doesn't get better than this
She is very warm, friendly and easy to get along with.
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Fantstic
Clean, friendly, warm
Not sure

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Park is very personable and understanding of her patients needs and desires. She is extremely knowledgeable and up to speed with the latest and greatest treatments and procedures coming out. She is very in demand, but still takes the time to get back to you...She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do...is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone [at San Diego Fertility Center] has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons...Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Make sure you message her, as you can't go wrong.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons.
She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do... we already had in our mind single.
San Diego - Mission Valley

I felt very valuable as a patient [of Dr. Susanna Park]...was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs...I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do...[the nurses are] The absolute best. They always had a smile and showed so much joy for you during your visits. They were all wishing and hoping for a positive pregnancy every time.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna Park was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs.
Ask questions! She is there to help.
I felt very valuable as a patient
I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do.
IUI treatments are 700 each time

2020, Consult
[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
So far, it [San Diego Fertility Center] seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet...Our Mini IVF was broken down into different categories. I think the cost before meds would be about $15K...[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explain
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park greeted us with a very warm personality and kind regard. She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
Just ask a lot of questions because she’s very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
We haven’t got that far yet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
So far, it seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Before our first meeting, Dr. Chuan read through my entire medical file but before she provided any insights or thoughts, she had my husband and I both provide individual summaries about our multi-year journey to getting pregnant and the interventions and hurdles we can encountered. Immediately after, she provided ideas and thoughts that were tied directly back to not only the information she read but also the information we volunteered. This is important because every appointment I saw her for after that point, she always referred to specific information either from my file or from what we shared. I never felt like a number because she always tapped into the parts of me that were personal and human through the entire experience.
My treatment team [at San Diego Fertility Center] consisted of Monica and Jenn in the SDFC Temecula office. Jenn was my nurse and Monica was my Nurse Practitioner. I could not have made it through my fertility journey without them. They both were honest women that showed compassion while being direct...we did not qualify for the success guarantee package...when you are a patient and on a treatment plan, they will do EVERYTHING to accommodate you and your schedule within the constraints of their time windows for specific appointments. BEFORE you become a patient though, it can feel a little cold or business-like. What I mean by that is, as a new patient reaching out to a fertility team/office, I felt like my emotions were high and the most important thing was getting an appointment as soon as possible. When I called, it felt like I was just any other human calling and that they would fit me in when it was convenient. As soon as I became a patient and
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an incredible doctor that can present information to you that is honest and accurate but also kind at the same time. With fertility, sometimes it can feel really harsh hearing the cards you're dealt and I think Dr. Chuan walked the line of being upfront and honest with you but also knowing how to wrap the details with compassion and kindness. One thing I didn't realize going into it was that I would not see Dr. Chuan for every appointment. That didn't end up being a big deal for me since her staff was incredible and supportive BUT I know for some families, that is important and I think it should be shared if that is a concern for you as a patient.
I don't really have any. I don't think you need advice to see her. She was honest and factual with my husband and I and that was most important to me.
I don't remember the specifics BUT I do remember we skipped trying IUI with Dr. Chuan specifically. We had been working with a "natural" fertility specialist for the year leading up to deciding to go to Dr. Chuan. I had done exploratory surgeries and medications with the prior doctor that Dr. Chuan explained basically acted like IUI treatments even though they hadn't been presented that way. For that reason, Dr. Chuan recommended jumping into IVF because we had been unsuccessful thus far with the other interventions and essentially had unexplained infertility. I am dumbing this down a lot but we jumped in fast and I appreciated that because we had been trying for multiple years before that point and I was ready for answers and actions and that is what Dr. Chuan provided.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
My treatment team consisted of Monica and Jenn in the SDFC Temecula office. Jenn was my nurse and Monica was my Nurse Practitioner. I could not have made it through my fertility journey without them. They both were honest women that showed compassion while being direct. There are so many emotions when you are going through fertility and I can say having a staff that was consistently honest with me about my treatment and/or current state helped me keep my head straight and my feet on the ground and not let my imagination get the best of me. They were always available to answer questions or be the emotional support I needed when struggling through this journey. I cannot emphasize enough how important these two women were to my experience and success with this journey.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic's (Temecula - SDFC) strength is that when you are a patient and on a treatment plan, they will do EVERYTHING to accommodate you and your schedule within the constraints of their time windows for specific appointments. BEFORE you become a patient though, it can feel a little cold or business-like. What I mean by that is, as a new patient reaching out to a fertility team/office, I felt like my emotions were high and the most important thing was getting an appointment as soon as possible. When I called, it felt like I was just any other human calling and that they would fit me in when it was convenient. As soon as I became a patient and was developing relationships with the staff, it was literally like their arms opened up to me and I felt like I was taken care of constantly.
I don't remember the exact dollar amounts but we did not qualify for the success guarantee package which means that you pay a one time price for treatments (medication is never included in the cost-you pay that on your own) that I think was around $25k and you can have as many transfers as it takes to get a successful pregnancy. We ended up having to do a pay as we go program where we paid $15k which included a retrieval and transfer but since out first transfer didn't take we had to pay for a second one which I think was around $5k. Medications were probably between $6k-10k total for the retrieval and two transfers.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Chuan recommended single embryo transfer for us because of the rate of success and the fact that it is typically safer for both mom and baby. We had really wanted to do a multiple embryo transfer but we are not fertility specialists and are not well read on how the technology has changed. When she explained how much everything has improved and how much higher the chances are for implantation with a single embryo transfer, we followed her lead and guidance because we trusted her and it logically made sense.
Temecula

During our consult she [Dr. Sandy Chuan] was warm and shared stories of past experiences and was very easy to relate too. She was informative without speaking too technical...Very professional and knowledgeable...She went with the best program for me, not immediately to IVF...I was initially told to try IUI first as I've never tried to conceive. I had a HSG performed along with genetic testing to make it easier to find a sperm donor who wouldn't share a genetic abnormality. I had donor sperm shipped to main facility and it was ready for use for insemination. I did one normal unassisted cycle but ovulated prematurely. For my next cycle I used Clomid to increase the odds of healthy follicles. After the second cycle I had a positive pregnancy result.
I had a HSG performed [at San Diego Fertility Center] along with genetic testing to make it easier to find a sperm donor who wouldn't share a genetic abnormality. I had donor sperm shipped to main facility and it was ready for use for insemination. I did one normal unassisted cycle but ovulated prematurely...After the second cycle I had a positive pregnancy result...Both [nurses] were very supportive and remembered our names when we came into the office.... For my HSG it was between $100-175. I had my lab work done for free. For my first cycle it was $700, it was cancelled before insemination. For the next cycle it was $250 and was fully completed. I paid $80 for the Clomid and trigger shot, as it was partially covered by insurance. I also paid for genetic testing of my blood which was $250.00.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very professional and knowledgeable. The staff in her office was the best. Her NP, Monica, and the other assistants, both Jenns included made me and my spouse feel very welcomed. I would recommend her to anyone who is trying to conceive. She went with the best program for me, not immediately to IVF.
Be patient of any setbacks and stay positive! She has your best interest at heart.
During our consult she was warm and shared stories of past experiences and was very easy to relate too. She was informative without speaking too technical
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica (NP) and Jenn Hoffman)
Both were very supportive and remembered our names when we came into the office. Their focus was the same as ours and I felt they genuinely cared.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Easy location to find, clean and new building. Weakness is that is closed the weekends so you have to travel to another office for appointments. There is also no financial counseling on site. Other than those couple of things, the office is big and has an ample amount of rooms to see its patients. The waiting room is well set up as well.
I paid out of pocket for my expenses. For my HSG it was between $100-175. I had my lab work done for free. For my first cycle it was $700, it was cancelled before insemination. For the next cycle it was $250 and was fully completed. I paid $80 for the Clomid and trigger shot, as it was partially covered by insurance. I also paid for genetic testing of my blood which was $250.00.
Temecula

She [Dr. Sandy Chuan] has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen...My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Jenn [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety...I did 2 egg retrieval’s back to back which worked out to be about $28k in that cost included a transfer. My second transfer was $4200 around there. Also had a hysteroscopy for $2500. The medications for stimulation were expensive and added an extra $7k to total costs. But to me was all worth it.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan from the moment my husband and I met her for our initial consultation showed us kindness and empathy. It was clear to us she was very invested in her patients and their success. My case was complicated as I had uterine fibroids and Dr Chuan was very honest and said I needed to have a myomectomy before she can do an egg retrieval due to large size of my fibroids. After having my myomectomy I waited 6 weeks before doing my first egg retrieval and only got 2 PgS normal embryos and Dr chuan took time to explain to me and my husband why another retrieval was a good idea. We did another retrieval back to back with much more success and got 5 PGS normal embryos. I had to wait 6 months post myomectomy to do a transfer and with covid was more. When I was finally ready to do a transfer My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Trust her! She knows what she is doing and she wants her patients to succeed.
She has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen
When my first transfer was a chemical I felt very sad and I didn’t expect it to fail since was a pgs normal embryo and I had a hysteroscopy before and uterine cavity looked ok. Dr chuan gave me option to Do receptiva test only cause she said due to my fibroids I may have andenomyosis or endometriosis and also did ERA. My receptiva was normal and ERA mildly Prereceptive. She ultimately felt the first transfer failed due to embryo. Next transfer she changed my protocol to Lupron and It was successful. She never gave up even when I wanted to.
Jenn was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths are friendly staff, really nice facility makes you feel VIP, draw their own labs for hormone checks and pregnancy tests, doctors are all professional and nice. Surgery center is downstairs from the clinic so very convenient
Dr chuan felt strongly about just doing a elective single embryo transfer as we didn’t want twins due to the stress of my job and we had PGS normal embryos. After first transfer failed I asked her if we should do 2 embryos instead as this would increase my chances and she suggested doing one this time since I had a lot of embryos and if this didn’t work then we can do 2! So glad I listened to her cause now I’m pregnant with one embryo and twins would have been very stressful for me and my husband