11425 El Camino Real
590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Before our first meeting, Dr. Chuan read through my entire medical file but before she provided any insights or thoughts, she had my husband and I both provide individual summaries about our multi-year journey to getting pregnant and the interventions and hurdles we can encountered. Immediately after, she provided ideas and thoughts that were tied directly back to not only the information she read but also the information we volunteered. This is important because every appointment I saw her for after that point, she always referred to specific information either from my file or from what we shared. I never felt like a number because she always tapped into the parts of me that were personal and human through the entire experience.
My treatment team [at San Diego Fertility Center] consisted of Monica and Jenn in the SDFC Temecula office. Jenn was my nurse and Monica was my Nurse Practitioner. I could not have made it through my fertility journey without them. They both were honest women that showed compassion while being direct...we did not qualify for the success guarantee package...when you are a patient and on a treatment plan, they will do EVERYTHING to accommodate you and your schedule within the constraints of their time windows for specific appointments. BEFORE you become a patient though, it can feel a little cold or business-like. What I mean by that is, as a new patient reaching out to a fertility team/office, I felt like my emotions were high and the most important thing was getting an appointment as soon as possible. When I called, it felt like I was just any other human calling and that they would fit me in when it was convenient. As soon as I became a patient and
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an incredible doctor that can present information to you that is honest and accurate but also kind at the same time. With fertility, sometimes it can feel really harsh hearing the cards you're dealt and I think Dr. Chuan walked the line of being upfront and honest with you but also knowing how to wrap the details with compassion and kindness. One thing I didn't realize going into it was that I would not see Dr. Chuan for every appointment. That didn't end up being a big deal for me since her staff was incredible and supportive BUT I know for some families, that is important and I think it should be shared if that is a concern for you as a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I don't really have any. I don't think you need advice to see her. She was honest and factual with my husband and I and that was most important to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specifics BUT I do remember we skipped trying IUI with Dr. Chuan specifically. We had been working with a "natural" fertility specialist for the year leading up to deciding to go to Dr. Chuan. I had done exploratory surgeries and medications with the prior doctor that Dr. Chuan explained basically acted like IUI treatments even though they hadn't been presented that way. For that reason, Dr. Chuan recommended jumping into IVF because we had been unsuccessful thus far with the other interventions and essentially had unexplained infertility. I am dumbing this down a lot but we jumped in fast and I appreciated that because we had been trying for multiple years before that point and I was ready for answers and actions and that is what Dr. Chuan provided.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
My treatment team consisted of Monica and Jenn in the SDFC Temecula office. Jenn was my nurse and Monica was my Nurse Practitioner. I could not have made it through my fertility journey without them. They both were honest women that showed compassion while being direct. There are so many emotions when you are going through fertility and I can say having a staff that was consistently honest with me about my treatment and/or current state helped me keep my head straight and my feet on the ground and not let my imagination get the best of me. They were always available to answer questions or be the emotional support I needed when struggling through this journey. I cannot emphasize enough how important these two women were to my experience and success with this journey.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic's (Temecula - SDFC) strength is that when you are a patient and on a treatment plan, they will do EVERYTHING to accommodate you and your schedule within the constraints of their time windows for specific appointments. BEFORE you become a patient though, it can feel a little cold or business-like. What I mean by that is, as a new patient reaching out to a fertility team/office, I felt like my emotions were high and the most important thing was getting an appointment as soon as possible. When I called, it felt like I was just any other human calling and that they would fit me in when it was convenient. As soon as I became a patient and was developing relationships with the staff, it was literally like their arms opened up to me and I felt like I was taken care of constantly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't remember the exact dollar amounts but we did not qualify for the success guarantee package which means that you pay a one time price for treatments (medication is never included in the cost-you pay that on your own) that I think was around $25k and you can have as many transfers as it takes to get a successful pregnancy. We ended up having to do a pay as we go program where we paid $15k which included a retrieval and transfer but since out first transfer didn't take we had to pay for a second one which I think was around $5k. Medications were probably between $6k-10k total for the retrieval and two transfers.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Chuan recommended single embryo transfer for us because of the rate of success and the fact that it is typically safer for both mom and baby. We had really wanted to do a multiple embryo transfer but we are not fertility specialists and are not well read on how the technology has changed. When she explained how much everything has improved and how much higher the chances are for implantation with a single embryo transfer, we followed her lead and guidance because we trusted her and it logically made sense.
Temecula

Dr. Park is direct, clear, and warm as the San Diego sun. She was responsive via email, made time via Skype and in person, and answered all questions (even repeated questions as I scaled my fertility learning curve) with consistent enthusiasm. Importantly, my GC felt treated like a human...As I used a donor egg and GC, much was straight-forward. However, she explained that (as of 2019), the science showed that PGT provided no advantage in a successful pregnancy or in terms of the health of the child. She was clear that from a scientific perspective, the only reason to do PGT was for sex selection, which I opted not to do.
It was Dr. Park's approach and unique energy that drew me to SDFC and grounded me throughout the experience...The staff are positive and energetic. The building is bright and welcoming...I felt a bit of a southern California veneer about many of the staff and slickness about the design of the space. It's not thick, but I felt it. I'm a 20-year New Yorker who grew up in the Midwest, and culturally, any hint of falseness makes me a bit uneasy. Rest assured, they are all highly professional, and they took very good care of me.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I met with Dr. Park twice via Skype and once in person before traveling to San Diego for treatment. Her enthusiasm for this work practically made me want to change careers and start working in fertility. When it came to choices like PGT or sex selection, she presented the facts, reasons people decide for or against, then remained neutral, leaving space for those very personal choices. She gave valuable insights throughout the process (advising on medical aspects of the GC contract, weighing potential risks of anti-nausea medication during pregnancy). I joined the transfer via Skype, and the way that she remained connected to my GC, to me, helped narrated each step, and executed the transfer was magical. I was thrilled to share photos of my newborn daughter with Dr. Park!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park acts as a consummate professional and will treat you with caring and respect. She does not lord her expertise over you nor does she sugarcoat things or coddle you. If you need coddling, look elsewhere. If you want a smooth, caring, human process – strongly consider Dr. Park.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is direct, clear, and warm as the San Diego sun. She was responsive via email, made time via Skype and in person, and answered all questions (even repeated questions as I scaled my fertility learning curve) with consistent enthusiasm. Importantly, my GC felt treated like a human. Dr. Park is clearly motivated by helping people create and grow families.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
As I used a donor egg and GC, much was straight-forward. However, she explained that (as of 2019), the science showed that PGT provided no advantage in a successful pregnancy or in terms of the health of the child. She was clear that from a scientific perspective, the only reason to do PGT was for sex selection, which I opted not to do. Pregnancy and birth on first transfer, and today I have a healthy, beautiful newborn girl. Another area where we discussed treatment strategies was around genetic testing. I initially selected a first-time donor. Once the results of her genetic testing came in, we matched for a genetic variant that had a rather high likelihood of expressing as disease in a child. (The donor's particular variant was actually quite common and less problematic; mine was the one that made it tricky.) I consulted with the folks at Invitae (wonderful, btw) and with Dr. Park. She was direct, clear, and compassionate in giving me excellent information that helped me decide to go with a different egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York then Bonnie Harrison)
Sarah York was the nurse for one phase of the process. She was good – responsive, knowledgeable, organized, caring. Bonnie Harrison was the nurse for a later phase. I never met her in person or via Skype, which made communication feel a bit less connected. Otherwise, Bonnie was similarly responsive, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The staff are positive and energetic. The building is bright and welcoming. There were signs on the doors of various meeting rooms welcoming intended parents. I felt a bit of a southern California veneer about many of the staff and slickness about the design of the space. It's not thick, but I felt it. I'm a 20-year New Yorker who grew up in the Midwest, and culturally, any hint of falseness makes me a bit uneasy. Rest assured, they are all highly professional, and they took very good care of me. It was Dr. Park's approach and unique energy that drew me to SDFC and grounded me throughout the experience.
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
At the time (2019) San Diego gave the option of single or double embryo transfer. However, with strong embryos and a surrogate with no fertility issues, the strongly advised approach was single embryo transfer, which is what I did.

2016 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Sandy Chaun] always remembered our story, our names, and was incredibly comforting and empathetic after our first IVF baby was stillborn. She always had hope for us...We loved every chance we got to see and interact with Dr. Chuan. She was so empathetic, comforting, and calm with myself and my husband regarding our diagnosis and treatment (including the loss of our first daughter when she was stillborn). I loved her informative and truthful but compassionate manner. I highly recommend her & the entire clinic whenever anyone asks!
I loved my entire experience at SDFC. They are great at being open and honest, great communicators, compassionate, and helpful along a tough journey for any hopeful parents-to-be. I think they are wonderful in every area I came accross - from in office appts to surgery center...Jenn [nurse] was just as incredible as Dr. Chuan and always made me feel important and cared for. I would be so sad when she wasn't in office!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
To be understanding that she has a lot of patients who need her time, but that her assistant and office are wonderful as she is.
She always remembered our story, our names, and was incredibly comforting and empathetic after our first IVF baby was stillborn. She always had hope for us.
We had 4 embryo transfers and out of all 4, three resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn was just as incredible as Dr. Chuan and always made me feel important and cared for. I would be so sad when she wasn't in office!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I believe my cost for a "success guarantee" cycle was $17,000.
Temecula
Don’t be afraid to ask awkward questions. Dr friedman is open and honest and will answer your even craziest questions about any process...Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...Always felt that I was in the best care...is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely...She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable [at San Diego Fertility Center]. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they [nurses] were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free...Organized and easy to get appointments around my work schedule. My questions in person or by email were answered quickly. I liked the settings of the facility as I always felt I was cared for with privacy and compassion. Nothing to recommend to improve.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr friedman is a fantastic doctor. I felt in good hands with all 3 procedures, the last leading to a successful live birth. She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr friedman is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Always felt that I was in the best care
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Park was extremely nice and kind. She answered all our questions in a timely manner and always made sure that we had a full understanding of the process we were involved in, in addition to any risks associated with having twins through a surrogate...Being a male intended parent, the procedure was limited, but she was extremely nice and clear when talking to and about our surrogate...
Everything was great [at San Diego Fertility Center]. Excellent contact with the staff. Very clear instructions. And outstanding results, since we had twins and still have more embryos in storage. The facility and equipment are top quality. A very impressive team...Ca. 45,000 USD...We wanted twins and therefore transferred two embryos. It worked on the first time...
Trust her!
Dr Park was very kind and warm, in addition to being extremely clear as to what the surrogacy process involved. She also gave us all the information we needed in relation to risks associated with trying to have twins. One of the best doctors I have ever met!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great. Excellent contact with the staff. Very clear instructions. And outstanding results, since we had twins and still have more embryos in storage. The facility and equipment are top quality. A very impressive team
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
Ca. 45,000 USD
San Diego - Del Mar Main

While we didn’t see Dr. Friedman at every visit, I did feel that if I needed to talk to her she was easy to get in contact with. Ultimately after one unsuccessful IUI and one round of IVF we were able to have our wonderful daughter because of Dr. Friedman...We started out with an IUI because we suspected we were only dealing with male factor infertility (poor morphology, high DNA fragmentation). We also weren’t super comfortable immediately jumping into an IVF cycle, so Dr. Friedman felt an IUI or two was an appropriate first step. After 1 unsuccessful IUI (we used clomid I don’t remember if we used a trigger or not) we decided we were ready to pursue IVF. We did one round of IVF with ICSI. We also did TESE in hopes of getting around the high dna fragmentation issue. Because we had also had two naturally conceived miscarriages we opted to do PGS testing as well. From our IVF cycle we got 7 day 5-6 embryos and 2 were PGS normal. We transferred one in an FET cycle and delivered a healthy baby girl.
I was not assigned a specific nurse [at SDFC], though you get to know everyone pretty well when you’re in for monitoring nearly every day during an IVF cycle. If you find a favorite nurse, you can request to see them at each appointment. Everyone explained what was going on at each appointment and seemed to be on the same page based on my chart...We paid a flat fee for the IVF cycle and one FET cycle. The finance department was very clear and itemized what the associated costs were. Our IUI cycle was paid for by insurance. All monitoring was paid for by insurance. Medication cost was not included in the pricing for the IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Working with Dr. Friedman was great. I felt she listened to our concerns and responded appropriately. She was willing to hear our preferences and give her honest feedback as to what she thought would work best for us. We had a couple of set backs in our time At SDFC (failed IUI, cancelled FET cycle) and it was easy to make follow up appointments with Dr. Friedman to talk about next steps. While we didn’t see Dr. Friedman at every visit, I did feel that if I needed to talk to her she was easy to get in contact with. Ultimately after one unsuccessful IUI and one round of IVF we were able to have our wonderful daughter because of Dr. Friedman.
Advocate for yourself!!! SDFC is a large clinic. Dr. Friedman was always available when I needed to see her, but I also felt it was on me to follow up after each procedure to set up next steps. Do your research, ask questions and reach out when you need answers.
In working with Dr. Friedman I felt like she took in all of the information available and tailored a plan for my husband and me to have the greatest chance of success. Throughout our treatment at SDFC I felt both Dr. Friedman and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming. From the finance team to the front desk staff to the nurses and PAs, everyone was incredibly helpful and treated us kindly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
MJ was my patient coordinator. She was great at getting back in touch with me via email or phone within the same business day. If she was out of the office (this happened a couple of times) another one of the patient coordinators would respond in her place. The nursing staff were all wonderful. I was not assigned a specific nurse, though you get to know everyone pretty well when you’re in for monitoring nearly every day during an IVF cycle. If you find a favorite nurse, you can request to see them at each appointment. Everyone explained what was going on at each appointment and seemed to be on the same page based on my chart.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially getting an appointment at SDFC was difficult, and I’m still not totally sure why. It took calling 3-4 times to get an appointment set up. Once I was in though getting appointments was easy. SDFC is a large clinic which is both a strength and weakness. They see a lot of patients and have a lot of experience and multiple well regarded physicians, which I see as a strength. However because they see so many patients much of the actual day to day during a cycle is managed by the nursing staff. I was fine with this, but could see how some patients might see this as a weakness. If you want to not “feel like a number” you have to advocate for yourself and directly ask for what you need.
Dr. Friedman strongly suggested eSET which we agreed with. I was 30 at the time of embryo transfer and Dr. Friedman felt that transferring two embryos (PGS normal) would have an incredibly high chance of twins which would be harder on everyone. We completely agreed with her recommendation.

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Susanna Park] listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance...a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Very modern and friendly clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see...She [nurse] was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so...Although it is one of the higher priced clinics, we felt we had value for money. We also were gifted some of our medication by the clinic which brought the costs down
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna is a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Be open and honest with her. Let her know your worries and concerns, ask her to explain anything you don't understand as she will always give you a listening ear and take on board anything you suggest. She also will always break things down to a level that you can understand.
She listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance.
in addition to the hormones, she added phospholipids, Endometrial scratch and implantation HCG. This got us pregnant first attempt with her
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
She was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very modern and friendly clinic. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see. I cannot fault it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
As we lived far away we had our USS done local to us
She will discuss your options, the pros and cons and give you her preferred option to decide. She will leave you to make an informed choice.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her.... She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).... I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized....
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours....San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols.... Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is a positive person. She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).
Keep in mind you won’t see her at every visit. However, the nurses are really nice.
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her. After deciding that my husband and I were going to try IVF, I called several other clinics. Dr. Park was the most positive of the doctors I spoke with.
For IUIs, I used Femara and a trigger shot. One IUI was canceled due to ovulating to soon while on Femara, and I did get pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn’t stick. My IvF experience, which was my last cycle, I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized. None of them made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours. I feel the communication between nurses and me, the patient, has been excellent. Another plus is that many of the nurses and the coordinators have been here for years. The staff seems very happy working for this clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols. Nurses and coordinators know what they are doing and communicate well. They have a few clinics around San Diego County, making everything more accessible. The clinics have been moved/upgraded in the past year. You feel like you are getting what you paid for. Staff seem happy to work there. Open to doing IVF patients at an older age. Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it. If you want a boutique clinic, this one isn’t for you.
San Diego Fertility Center gives you all the costs up front. Each IUI was $700, plus meds. For my IVF, I did the Success Guarantee Program. I had to qualify for it. It is $22,000 for egg Retrieval’s and any FETs after from the frozen embryos from that cycle. Being over 40, when it failed, I get 60% of that money back. I paid about $6,000 for my IVF meds. A cycle of IVF is about $12,000.
Dr. Park seems flexible with using 1, 2, or possibly 3.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Get to know [Dr. Said Daneshmand's] assistant - she's the key to his calendar!...I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos...very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Michelle [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way...Driving to San Diego was tough, but luckily I was able to go to a satellite clinic in Temecula which cut my driving time down by half. They all took the time to get to know me and all staff, from the front desk, to the phlebotomist to the nurse and doctor, were all fantastic.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Daneshmand has found his calling and true passion in life. I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos. He's a personable guy that makes you feel very important and at ease. Whenever I had a question he was only a phone call away and the day of the transfer I felt so comfortable in his care. He explained the procedure from start to finish before we even started. The intended parent had so many questions and he took the time to answer each and every one, as if he had all the time in the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Get to know his assistant - she's the key to his calendar! :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I only met Dr. Daneshmand for the FET, he was personable and available by phone whenever I needed him. He walked me through several potential miscarriage scares and always put me at ease during the process.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Estradiol tablets and Progesterone in Fish Oil - very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Walsh)
Michelle was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He recommended 2-embryos be transferred with a 70% success rate that one would take (which is exactly what happened).
Temecula

Dr Friedman is the best. She is committed to helping patients build their families, she is open to new suggestions and ideas if you have them from your own research. She is extremely supportive and knowledgeable and we felt confident in her ability to advise us.... Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time.
This clinic is wonderful. I went through multiple rounds of IVF with my own eggs and now am moving to a donor- when I first moved to a donor I researched all of the clinics in the Us that had an in house donor program and SDFC is by far the best. This is a clean, friendly, high end clinic that treats you like an individual and a priority. I recommend this clinic to people whenever possible.... Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I feel like this is a repetitive question as I just wrote an answer to this question about Dr Friedman. Dr Friedman has been very supportive through all of my fertility treatments. I was her patient for IVF only and she always made my husband and myself very comfortable in her knowledge of what we were going through. One of the first things she told us was that she was there to help us build our family and that really put our minds at ease. Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time. I would trust Dr Friedman with my life and recommend to anyone looking for an amazing fertility doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask all of your questions even ones that seem crazy or far out there! Dr Friedman was really patient answering questions about many different protocols I had read about and it made me feel confident in the protocol we ended up going with because I understood and wasn’t second guessing myself.
My first cycle started with BCP and went on to add Menopur, Gonal F and then Cetrotide. I had 7 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. One highly graded blast and it was abnormal. For my second cycle we intended to prep with Estrace but I ended up with large ovarian cysts. My second cycle also resulted in one abnormal embryo but less eggs. For this one I wish we had waited longer to make sure the cysts were not affecting the cycle at all.
Nursing staff was wondering. Always friendly and encouraging and professional.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
My doctor will allow me to transfer 2 embryos if we want twins but we need to sign off that we understand the risks. Given her advice I think k we will only transfer one however for prospective parents that want twins. Dr Friedman will allow 2.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

SD Fertility is a well-oiled machine. They have a beautiful facility and many of the MAs and nurses have been there for a long time. I have always had a good experience with communication and visits. The front office staff, MAs, and ultrasound nurses are great.... She [Dr. Friedman] calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.... Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner and is positive and encouraging without being overly optimistic. She will spend the time to answer all of your questions without making you feel like a number at the clinic and always remembered things about our past treatment even when significant time had passed. She is open to altering plans and treatments if things don't work the first time. She always responds to emails and calls with important news, whether it is good or bad. I appreciate this especially considering many clinics have the nurses call with results.
Generally, I would do your research but trust her knowledge. After going through a couple years of IVF, I know a lot more now than I did when I first started. Be informed with any protocol and treatments that any doctor gives you so you know what questions to ask, but remember that they have had years of training and trust that they are doing what is in your best interest.
Dr. Friedman took the time to explain aspects of treatments with us, answered our questions without making us feel as though we shouldn't ask them, and always weighed pros and cons with us. She was quick to answer emails and when we had questions that were too long to be answered via email, was always willing to set up a phone appointment with us. She calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.
The first retrieval round was standard with 250 gonal f, 75 menopur, and centrotide with an HCG co-trigger, second round we changed the protocol due to egg quality and decreased the gonal f and added HGH for part of the cycle with a lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Dr. Friedman strongly prefers ESET for PGS tested embryos. She is open to transferring more, but prefers ESET. I don't know what she would recommend for non-PGS tested embryos.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Chuan always made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me. She always knew the details of our case and had a warm bedside manner. ... Dr Chuan would always visit before and after any procedure. She would explain in detail before the procedure started and also go over the details and results afterwards. She always had a smile on her face and had compassion and understanding for ALL of my many questions!
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. ... We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. ... Jen was my primary nurse. ... She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As with any doctor, have all of your questions and concerned prepared before an appointment as her time is valuable and you want to make sure she can address everything at your appointment with her.
She chose the IVF for us as we had very fertile numbers. She chose and suggested that we just transfer 1 embryo as she felt transferring 2 could result in a higher risk pregnancy and since we had fertile numbers she thought there would be a good chance both would take. During injections for the egg retrieval, she put me on cetritide so that my body would not ovulate on its own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jen was my primary nurse. She is always so helpful and informative. She always encouraged me and answered all of my questions. She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. I feel like they were a huge part of our journey and I am so thankful for them!
We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. This program was also refundable by a percentage each cycle.
We are glad that we listened to her suggestion to just transfer 1 embryo as it was a successful pregnancy and I wouldn't have wanted a higher risk pregnancy carrying multiples.
Temecula

We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she [Dr. Friedman] was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. ... She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator. ... I needed to get the Fallopian tube blockage test, go on bc to start a period, take lupromen, get ultrasounds, ovidrel shot and then timed intercourse.
The front desk people [San Diego Fertility Center] could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly. ... MJ [nurse]was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was honestly a dream. I was so nervous fertility clinics just wanted to take my money, but she said she could have me pregnant in 4 months, and it was almost to the day that she said that we had our 4 week ultra sound with her... the front desk asked if we minded if our appt would be pushed back a bit because dr Friedman really wanted to do the ultrasound. So sweet.
Don’t hold back, tell her everything. She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator.
We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. Her nurse, MJ, gave us her cell phone number in case we needed to ask questions when they were closed. Unreal!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes! MJ was so amazing )
MJ was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
There was assigned parking spots for the clinic and jolly ranchers which was a plus. The front desk people could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly.
I got a referral for the fallopian blockage test, I don’t remember the price. But the sperm sample was $125. And then we spend $400 for the ultrasounds before the ovidrel shot.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Daneshmand is smart, explained the process well. Didn't go into unnecessary details. We felt at the best hands. When the first transfer didn't come through, he explained why it happened and suggested we try again with the same surrogate even though we had our doubts, and turned out he was spot on...He is compassionate and you can see he is doing his job for all the right reasons.
Responsive, helpful, compassionate. Full of people who are there for all the right reasons. You feel welcomed when visiting the [San Diego Fertility Center] clinic. We had a busy day at the clinic, full of meetings, but they were so productive and professional, it went by smoothly...Dr. Daneshmand has treated many LGBTQ members in his past and he has lots of knowledge.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Listen to everything Dr. D says and trust his judgement and experience.
Dr. Daneshmand is down to earth, super nice and sensitive. He is compassionate and you can see he is doing his job for all the right reasons.
Don't remember much, but we remember the surrogate had to take injections for a long period of time. We were recommended on some vitamins before giving sperm, according to our blood test results.
How competent was Said Daneshmand at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Lake (I think) )
She did well to explain the whole process but it wasn't always clear what the next steps were. I think it would be great to get an explanation every step along the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Responsive, helpful, compassionate. Full of people who are there for all the right reasons. You feel welcomed when visiting the clinic. We had a busy day at the clinic, full of meetings, but they were so productive and professional, it went by smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
Don't remember the costs because they were mostly paid at the beginning of the process. We had two options - pay per transfer or pay a larger price in advance that would guarantee a successful transfer. We did the math and figured the guarantee plan would only be worth it if we failed two transfers so decided to "take the risk".
Dr. D was in favor of eSET because of health reasons.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at San Diego Fertility Center.
We got an amazing egg donor through the clinic's database. She seemed like a good match for us so we were very happy. It took us a while to find the right person but it was worth the wait.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding.... After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
This clinic [SD Fertility Center] goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.... The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr Kettel took the time to review my case and clearly considered my specific situation when giving his recommendations.... He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!... The clinic is clean and beautiful, the staff are friendly, and their communication is great. They have gotten me into appointments really quickly and respond to emails and phone calls right away. I have not had any issues with anyone at this clinic so far.... [Cost Of Treatment] I have only had two appointments - the appointment with Dr Kettel was a $50 copay, and my SHG was around $300.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I came to SDFC as a new patient after having my first IVF baby at another clinic across the country and then moving to San Diego. My former RE recommended Dr Kettel, and I have been pleased with him and SDFC so far. He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have a list of questions ready to ask him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have not done a cycle yet, but he agreed to do whatever my former clinic wants, which is estrogen patches and crinone gel for a FET cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We would only ever do eSET with our PGS tested embryos, so I did not have this discussion with Dr Kettel.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main
I was treated as an individual and was included in the decision making process of my treatment. Dr Friedman treated me with respect, always addressing my concerns and celebrating my victories with me as well...is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
SDFC is full of compassionate and knowledgeable people, from the people who welcome you as you enter to the doctors. The clinic is available 7 days a week so that you do not have to manipulate your cycle any more than is necessary. I even had a monitoring appointment on a holiday. This was a much appreciated aspect of my care! The wonderful staff and practitioners are the clinic's greatest strength!...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
The fertility process is a real roller coaster, with many bumps. You have to have realistic expectations of yourself and everyone else. And be patient. The fertility journey unfolds over time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was excellent! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, compassionate, and remembered me - which really makes a difference in how I experienced the process.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The doctor strongly encouraged me to use eSET rather than transferring multiple embryos. I probably could have pushed, but the scientific, medical, and personal reasons for eSET were very compelling, particularly since I had done genetic testing of my embryos.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious. ... The nursing staff were wonderful. They were very efficient. Everytime I had an appointment I was in and out within 30 mins.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is a wonderful and sweet doctor. She is very attentive and compassionate throughout the process. She always made me feel welcomed and comfortable everytime I saw her. After the first unsuccessful egg retrieval she asked if we wanted to try again. Knowing that we tied IUI in the past, she wanted to make sure that we emotionally and physically wanted to try the egg retrieval process again. During the follow up after the second unsuccessful egg retrieval, she presented us with other options. The process is not easy emotionally and physically. But her thoughtfulness makes the process a lot smoother.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She explained everything clearly, where you understand what's going to happen. She also took our feelings and emotions into account.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious.
San Diego - Mission Valley

She [Dr. Susanna Park] was very friendly and explained everything to me. ... She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. ... She made me feel very comfortable. ... If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them [San Diego Fertility Center]. ... I would recommend her to any one ... even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles
When I needed to be seen on weekends they [San Diego Fertility Center] accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back. ... They [nursing staff] were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles. ... This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. T
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was very friendly and explained everything to me. She made me feel very comfortable. She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. I would recommend her to any one.
Be prepared for a no. Not every cycle will result in a pregnancy and it’s always tough when you get that phone call telling you that you aren’t pregnant. Stay strong
This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. They explained everything to me and treated me kindly and with respect. If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them. I love this facility and even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles, I would still recommend this place to anyone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great there. I don’t think they had any weaknesses in my opinion. When I needed to be seen on weekends they accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back.

2009 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
Dr D [Daneshmand] I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way ... I have very low AMH. All my cycles involved injections with clomid. Every cycle I had 100% fertilization rate and 80% made it to transfer
Everyone from the front desk, surgery center andin between has been beyond amazing. I have gotten to know all of them on personal levels and they genuinely care. They truly make this difficult journey a little easier with their compassion ... I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan ... My And Cindy [nurses] were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr D I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way
Have confidence in him
Very caring and positive
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: My Tran and Cindy C)
My And Cindy were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!... Great follow up and follow through. They [SD Fertility Ctr] have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main
[Dr. Susanna Park is] the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful...clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate.
SDFC is super efficient. They get you in and out for appointments quickly so you do not have to miss much work. They worked with our insurance too. They are organized and professional - I never felt like I had to call to ask paperwork related questions or to advocate for myself - they totally had me covered...Megan was amazing - answered emails in off hours and truly showed compassion at every appointment. I felt so taken care of by the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate. She's the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful.
See her!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
She would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos.
San Diego - Mission Valley

From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. ... She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. I am terrified of needles and she adjusted my cycles to ensure the least amount of injections were necessary to get the most favorable result - and always gave me the risk involved of such adjustments. She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome. She truly changed our life and I am forever grateful to her and the staff.
Be honest about your fears / expectations / desires / needs, etc. and know that she will give you completely honest and tailored advice every step of the way.
Dr. Friedman, my nurse MJ and the entire staff became more like my friends/family than doctors and nurses. These wonderful people took an active interest in my progress and my emotional state throughout the entire process and I still keep in touch with them today.
I really wanted to transfer two embryos because I would have preferred to double my chances of a viable pregnancy and felt having twins would potentially relieve me of having to go through any future IVF cycles. Dr. Friedman strongly advised against this taking into account my body type, my extremely active lifestyle, anxious personality, and the excellent rating of my embryos and one embryo was all I needed!
MJ was the BEST nurse and care coordinator I could ever have been assigned. I am extremely terrified of needles and she personally came to my home to administer all injections throughout my cycles. She kept me completely informed of everything happening and I received all test results in a timely manner. She become part of our family and I miss working with her dearly!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Having first been to an infertility doctor at a hospital, SDFC was a breath of fresh air. The clinic was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
I paid upfront for a full IVF cycle which included all costs except medications. This provided me with the ability to visit the clinic without having to ever provide additional payment at each visit.
Please see my previous answer.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation...She had excellent bedside manner, took the time necessary to explain things and answer all questions. She was well-versed on my laden factor 5 and knew what was necessary. She also took the extra time during the embryo transfer to make sure I didn't feel rushed and had me drink a bunch of water to have my bladder put pressure on my cervix. This allowed for a more accurate transfer.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive [at San Diego Fertility Center]!...It is a beautiful, state of the art, private clinic. It really helped make this whole experience more enjoyable! Everyone was always very pleasant and helpful and I never had to wait very long to be seen or get an appointment...She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman was a wonderful Doctor! So much so, my husband and I just contacted her about trying for #2! She is extremely patient and caring. She also explains everything to me and my husband but gives us the choice after presenting all the facts.
Fertility issues can be really challenging for many different reasons but you are in great hands!
She treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't remember. I do know we had insurance coverage for one of the embryo transfers though.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her...Being able to email her directly with questions was amazing. She not only answered everything I would ask (and I had a lot of questions), she responds in the same day which is HUGE when you are going through fertility treatment...Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her.
As a clinic everyone there [at San Diego Fertility Clinic] is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with...The IUI cycles were around $700 per cycle. The IVF cycle if you do single cycle is around $13,500 and we chose to do success guarantee which was $22,465...On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her. We had full faith in every decision or opinion she gave and could feel that she genuinely cared about us. She is also extremely warm and compassionate and is also very calming and reassuring. I wish that Dr. Friedman could be my doctor for everything, she is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her. She quickly responded to any questions I had as well as would call me to wish me luck on everything.
When we came to Dr. Friedman I had already tried 8 IUI's without a single one resulting in a pregnancy. I have PCOS, am a lesbian, and was using frozen donor sperm. I also had tried everything from fertility meds (clomid and letrozole) to injectables (follistim and hcg trigger shots) and progesterone suppositories. I had had some positive physical changes (ie: lost weight, less stress, more stable cycle) and wanted to try IUI at least once or twice before making the big plunge to IVF. Dr. Friedman was in full support of this, she believed there was the possibility that IUI could work and understood my reason for wanting to try. After the 2nd try when it did not work I appreciated that she was honest in telling me her opinion on why she thought the IUI's weren't working and why IVF would have a much better chance and she was supportive of either decision we made. We ended up deciding to go with IVF retrieval and FET instead of trying a 3rd IUI with her (would have been my 11th IUI total). She confidently believed we would get pregnant on our first FET. We had a minor road bump right before the transfer (I ended up having uterine polyps and had to have them surgically removed) but then everything went smoothly with our embryo transfer (we transferred 1 by choice) and I am happy to say we are currently almost 10 weeks pregnant after our first try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Some of them are fantastic, a couple of them weren't as warm in their bedside manner but then again that could be because we were spoiled by how lovely Dr. Friedman is. Some of them were a little disorganized and lost some of my forms but I made copies for myself so it wasn't a big deal to me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
As a clinic everyone there is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with. For example, you speak to coordinator to arrange your meds, 1 coordinator to arrange your insurance, 1 coordinator to arrange your financials and billing, 1 coordinator to train you on your meds, 1 coordinator to set up your calendar, and then the medical assistant to the actual doctor. There were times this was frustrating for me and I wished that I could just contact 1 person to take care of all of that and arrange with all those coordinators themselves. I'm not sure if this is usually how all clinics work or not. On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
We were very adamant about not wanting to multiples, obviously if we somehow ended up with multiples we would not complain but we preferred to have a singleton. Other doctors I have seen push to transfer more than 1 embryo to increase your chances and Dr. Friedman was in complete and total support of us transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We are so grateful that her vision and ours were completely on the same page.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
One of the nurses lost a set of my documents but I had copies for myself so it ended up not being a big deal.