11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

2014 - 2015, Successful
From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!...Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
Everything at the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic...From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initially I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initally I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month. The assistant has since improved, I must note.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Chuan was so supportive at every visit. She always took the time to answer the many questions that I had and to thoroughly explain each process to my husband and I. I really felt like she always had my best interest....I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists [at San Diego Fertility Center] knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Don't give up!
I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
She was very caring and kind. I feel like she wanted this baby so much for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It was small, clean, organized and friendly
I believe our IUI were about $600 then we did them with injectables and it went to like $1100.
2014 - 2015, Successful
I could not be happier with my care by Dr. Kettel. He is warm, compassionate, and honest. He has a great bedside manner and is extremely intelligent. I trust him 100% and highly recommend him!
I was always treated like one of the family! My care could not have been better at SDFC!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christensen)
She was so warm and caring! Gave us a hug when meeting us and was so timely and open in all communication!

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
Jen [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process...Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him.
We did the "success guarantee" plan [at San Diego Fertility Center] which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him. The only negative I can say is that he suggested moving on to donor eggs while I was on the table having the last embryo transferred. I thought the timing was not so good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process.
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
All of our IVF cycles were long prototcol with either ganirelix or cetrotide as antagonist, Gonal-F/menopur stimulations, Ovidrel trigger shots with Lovenox for blood thinners. The first two cycles were fresh day 5 transfers, transferring 2 the first time and 3 the second. We froze the rest and transferred them after the fresh transfers did not work. The last 2 cycles were frozen transfers with PGS. We used ICSI in all cycles because of my husband's low morphology. None of the cycles worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carrie )
Carrie did all of my ultrasounds- she was professional, caring, gentle, and a great resource for information. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciated her after I went to a different clinic where the nursing staff was not great.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and structured in a way that you will feel taken care of and not lost in a sea of numbers. You have your ultrasounds in the morning and then the whole group meets for a midday meeting so they can discuss your case together. They call you with an update in the afternoon. That way everyone is on the same page and there is no confusion. The same nurse gives your ultrasounds (mostly) and the same nurse draws your blood each time. They are not pushy, and don't waste your time. And the office is clean and beautiful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
We did the "success guarantee" plan which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
Describe William Hummel (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He was happy to transfer more than one embryo from the start, but I was 35 at the time that I started treatment and had low ovarian reserve. We discussed the possibility of twins- my husband is a twin and so we were up for it.
2013 - 2014, Successful
Iui [with Dr. Susanna Park] failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time...She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment...Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her...She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing...She was absolutely wonderful!
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable...The clinic was kind and successful. Would go again if needed. We are happy with the result of course and dr Park was amazing. We are thankful. Everyone helped us through this difficult time. Everything was troubleshooted as needed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was absolutely wonderful! I have 0 complaints. She’s an angel. She was kind and caring. Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Listen to what she says and do it! She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing
She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Iui failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable

2009 - 2014, Successful
Doctor would call and do my consults by phone since I had over a 2 hour drive to his office
It's normal once treatment starts that you no longer see the dr at each visit.... Which is fine because the staff are awesome and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He had great bedside manner. Seemed to genuinely care about helping us become parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
They always greeted me by my name when I walked in and we're all friendly. Doctor would call and do my consults by phone since I hD over a 2 hour drive to his office
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Aggressive protocol due to being age 42. Used Bravelle and Menopure twice a day
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
She was efficient and had a great personality
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
We did a program they had where I could do two cycles using my own eggs then transfer to a guaranteed donor egg cycle. It seems like it ended up being approximately 50k

2014, Successful
Dr. Chuan's bedside manner is one of clinical empathy. She is part scientific, part maternal. Being a nurse myself, this combination is imperative. She gave me all of the medical information I needed and should know, yet her delivery was that of a dear friend.
Myrna [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] is so organized & friendly! Jen was wonderful about giving us a detailed schedule about what was to come....Dr. Chuan treated my husband and I as if we were her only patients. She is warm and caring but also scientific and precise.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't give up hope in your quest to have children!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Myrna is so organized & friendly! Jen was wonderful about giving us a detailed schedule about what was to come.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Gorgeous!!!! I felt zen just sitting in the waiting room. It's calm, beautiful and inviting.
2014, Successful
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI.[with Dr. Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center]. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!...She is a very caring person. She really wants to be able to give patients a baby and is very good about explaining every aspect of your treatment
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go here first. Don't bother with anywhere else. It doesn't get better than this
She is very warm, friendly and easy to get along with.
We did 2 rounds of clomid and IUI. After the second round I was pregnant with triplets!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Fantstic
Clean, friendly, warm
Not sure

2012 - 2013, Unknown Success
The entire team at SDFC were amazing despite our negative outcome. After 9 cycles feeling like a number in Australia it was refreshing to have such personalized care from SDFC.
The most gentle and kind medical professional I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He was like a grandfather in his care with so much respect for us and what we had already been through. Extremely gentle, kind and compassionate but also was the one to say enough is enough. We can't get you pregnant and you need to look at other options such as surrogacy, adoption or being childfree. Amazing man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You are in the best hands possible. If anyone can get you pregnant he will do it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Tanaka)
Commitment to us as a couple from overseas. Constant communication through the entire process. Going above and beyond even offering to bring me dinner to my hotel after a rough day at the clinic.

2010 - 2012, Successful
I was happy with Dr. Rakoff. I felt like he was up front with me about everything but will willing to let me do the IUI's even when it was clear he felt I should go right to IVF. He explained things to me clearly and when I was nervous for my mock transfer he was great about calming me down and letting me relax without rushing it...I remember unmedicated IUI's were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k
I remember unmedicated IUI's [at San Diego Fertility Center] were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k...Receptionist at the time (Frankie) was really great. Clinic was well organized and well run and appointments were pretty much always on time...There was one nurse or coordinator that I didn't like - I think her name was Chris but can't be sure. She was not very warm and did my first IUI, for which I was very nervous, and she had little compassion. The woman who always did the blood draws came in with me for that first IUI and was amazing - she was so positive and compassionate every single time I was there.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You have to have done your homework and know what you want. I knew I wanted to try IUI's first even though he felt I should just go to IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Was always greeted by name by the receptionist and nurses and Dr. Rakoff made me feel like they really cared about me and the process.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three cycles without anything and then 3 with clomid before moving to injections. I know he changed it up when I didn't have a lot of follicles but can't recall what was changed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra, Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had 3 excellent quality embryos and he asked if I wanted to transfer all three given my age. I said absolutely not but I was ok with 2 since I would be fine with having twins but not fine with having triplets. I have twin boys so I am really glad we didn't transfer 3. But it was my decision and he did not pressure me one way or another. Again, you have to know yourself well and stick to what you believe.
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)
2006 - 2011, Successful
Doctor cared about me and my future children. Goal was to get pregnant and as as patient, I was willing to do whatever it took to get there. Doctor was very transparent...Dr. Kettel started with not as intensive treatments but adjusted protocol as needed based on results and age...Tammy was my saving grace. She brought the reality into the picture and was very compassionate and caring.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed...Very pleasant, organized with appointments, accessible when needed, very caring and treated patients with great confidentiality. I felt the staff genuinely cared about me and my future children and were great cheerleaders. I felt like they were family.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor is pioneer, experienced with excellent results. Doctor has a great team of staff to assist every step of the way, who are excellent caregivers. SD Fertility Center is the only place I would go, they know me and the best care to achieve results.
Dr. Michael Kettel has great outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Kettel discussed strategies when it came time to decide on multiple embryos. Very open and honest.
2011, Successful
Dr. Hummel was very caring and thorough, and I felt like my care was personalized. He also had a gentle touch.
Kendra [my nurse] was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
I had only two experiences with Dr. Hummel. The first was a telephone initial appointment to discuss my history and whether I was a candidate for donor egg IVF. The second was my embryo transfer. On both occasions, Dr. Hummel displayed kindness, intelligence and humor
He is terrific!
I don't know the details of the protocol used because I was the recipient. I had to take Lupron, birth control pills, estrogen tablets and progesterone in oil injections during my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra)
Kendra was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
I believe our donor egg IVF cycle cost $16,770, and our donor's fee was $7,500
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Park was so warm and would explain these intimate and highly scientific procedures in an understandable way. She gave me realistic confidence about our prospects and the course of action that needed to be employed...Dr. Park is so knowledgeable, but she made sure to make sure I was not overwhelmed with information. Dr. Park had a great demeanor that makes a very stressful situation seem routine. Dr. Park was empathetic when necessary, but always remained professional and positive.
The clinic [SD Fert Center] is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey...Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate....It was approximately $800 per cycle for the medication and the IUI. That does not include the price of donor sperm.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stay the course and never hold back with a questions - she will answer them all.
Initially, Dr. Park waived my HSG test; however, after the first unsuccessful attempt at IUI, she made me take a month off and get the HSG Test so as to insure there was no glaring issues. Further, I was given cholmid and it did not help to produce multiple follicles. On my second IUI, my cholmid dose was doubled, but it did not produce a second follicle. However, I was able to conceive a singleton through to birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego - Mission Valley