11425 El Camino Real
590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

He [Dr. Daneshmand] really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation ... He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field ...The entire staff was amazing, infertility is already heartbreaking to deal with. They understand that at SDFC and show nothing but compassion ... Aww qualified for their success guarantee program. You basically spend $30K but it guarantees a live birth up to 72 hours or use of all of your embryos, if love birth is not achieved you are refunded a portion of the cost
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
He really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have faith in him, he truly knows what he is doing
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the moment we had our consultation to the day we got a positive pregnancy test, Dr. Daneshmand was nothing short of amazing, He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
SHG stimming: Menopur/ Gonal-F Trigger: Lupron Birth control to prep my lining Progesterone in oil injections before transfer and until 12 weeks of gestation
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
My only complaint is that I didn’t find this facility sooner we spent 7 years ttc. This facility made our lifelong dream of becoming parents come true. They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. D was not opposed to us transferring more than one, but he did recommend we only transfer one. To optimize our chances of implantation, and for the fact that multiples puts you at a higher risk
Said Daneshmand

2017, Unknown Success
I truly feel she [Dr. Brooke Friedman] wants the best for us in building our family. She was kind, patient and transparent with our chances...detailed in her explanations...Based on her recommendation we turned to surrogacy...has been great in handling my need for every detail and in communicating in a different manner to my husband who just wants the bottom line.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] says they advocate for single transfer, but they believe strongly in individual choice...they are kind and caring. We have been treated like valuable friends who they want to help have a family...[staff] has been the very best to us in helping us with understanding the financial packet...[staff] was amazing in helping us select an egg donor
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is kind, caring, and detailed in her explanations. We have had horrible luck and a long history there, but she has been then the whole time. We lost two babies - stillborn to two separate surrogates in 2018 and 2019. Dr. Friedman has been amazing in helping us move forward after these devastating losses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I have no advice. Dr. Friedman has been great in handling my need for every detail and in communicating in a different manner to my husband who just wants the bottom line.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I truly feel she wants the best for us in building our family. She was kind, patient and transparent with our chances. Based on her recommendation we turned to surrogacy.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
By the time we transferred our care to Dr. Frideman, we only tried one more IVF with donor eggs transferred to me. Then we turned to surrogates. We are still hopeful and have found another lovely surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Everyone has been lovely. (We just don't have a living baby yet.)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It seems large and intimidating at first, but they are kind and caring. We have been treated like valuable friends who they want to help have a family. Debbie Goode has been the very best to us in helping us with understanding the financial packet. Jenna Lake was amazing in helping us select an egg donor, and again when we needed another.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have undergone treatment with transfers to first me, and then four separate surrogates. I could not begin to break it down. I do know they have a program with a "guarantee" that seemed quite attractive if you qualify.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic says they advocate for single transfer, but they believe strongly in individual choice. (We chose single for each transfer.)
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Chuan always made me feel like she new my case and my issues, even though I know she had a lot of patients....for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo...She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
They [nurses at San Diego Fertility Center] were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually...For the retrieval and transfer it was about 15,000 and then the medication was about 5,000. Each time... They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was great! Honest and I have recommended her to many friends. She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Make sure you go to the informational meeting the clinic holds about once a month, before your consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don’t really remember, but for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Just location depending on where you are coming from. They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Temecula
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.... Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer.... In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
Clinic staff [San Diego Fertility] was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.... [Nurse] Annette was wonderful .... We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us,
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Sandy [Chuan] is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this.
My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this. Something I can say is very comforting, considering this is an extremely emotional process to go through. I left everything in the hands of Dr. Chuan, having her definitely lifted a weight off of our shoulders- knowing we could count on everything to be taken care of, in the best way possible for myself, my husband & our future child.
Prepare to be hugged.
My experience with the SDFC office was very personable. Each appointment that we had, was obviously for the observation of a fertility procedure- but the conversation was always light and in regards to the on-going events of family, events, etc. I never felt like I was being shuttled around being poked and prodded with needles. It felt like a friendly stop-in to say hi to friends, give some blood/have an ultrasound etc. and go on my way.
As I said previously, this is a very emotional process with a lot of moving parts. My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure. During the course of my treatment, I was monitored closely for all of my levels doing blood work/ultra sounds continually. There were times my levels would go too high & we would adjust medications accordingly. I would always receive a call the evening of the change, prior to administering my medications to let me know how to proceed. The day of my 'trigger shot' prior for my egg retrieval, my levels again went a little high. So we had to change course and order a new trigger shot. We were able to go to a nearby pharmacy and adjust for my body. Dr. Chuan and her staff were always very informative as to why the change, what it would mean & how to facilitate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jennifer "Jen", has been amazing. From day one, she gave me her cell phone number- and this poor woman. I contact her at all hours of the day, each time she responds within 10-15 minutes. When we started our egg retrieval cycle, it coincided with Thanksgiving Day, being my first shots- my husband and I were so nervous we were doing it right, we had to call Jen. She answered, on Thanksgiving and took the time to explain to us what we needed to do. She is always communicating with me and always right there when I need her.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It's gorgeous! Clean, furnished nicely. Myrna at the front desk is so accommodating. After my second visit, you typically don't even sign in when you walk through the door, they greet you by name & let you know they'll get you back. The wait is never long and they are always pleasant and attentive.
Again, she was great. During our egg retrieval cycle, we were out of the state. Due to being at a different clinic, we had to pay an 'offsite monitoring fee' payment to the OB/GYN clinic we attended. Dr. Chuan deducted what we paid to the other provider, off the balance at her clinic. It is obviously an expensive procedure, but they were very helpful with picking the plan that worked best for our family and our finances.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She [Dr Chuan] would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
My nurse [at San Diego Fertility Center] was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
Trust the process and the doctor, she would do the best for you and would tell you exactly what your chances are.
Dr Chuan is an extremely personable doctor, she makes you feel comfortable given those intimate and often painful circumstances. She is very professional and knowledgeable, yet very warm and inviting. She tries to answer all the questions in a very layman way and creates a very safe environment. Being a woman, I prefer to have a female doctor and she was exactly who I was looking for.
It was suggested we do 2 cycles of frozen embryos, considering my age (42) and my test results. We retried 10 eggs total, 3 embryos and after the PGS testing got one good quality, male one, exactly what we wanted. Waiting on the transfer in 5 days, then positive pregnancy test!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Kemp)
My nurse was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Extremely clean and very well organized. Everybody is very courteous and sharp. They are there to take great care of you, you can feel it instantly. Smiling and happy environment, reassuring and professional.
around $23,000 for 2 rounds of frozen embryos transfer, $4,600 for genetic testing, $5,500 for meds

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chuan spent an extensive amount of time on our initial consultation because I was in shock by what I was being told and had so many questions and needed her to repeat to me again what she said . She explained all our options. She was very sincere and empathetic. She kept me focused and reminded me to take it day by day. I would highly recommend Dr. Chuan....Read everything you can about your situation, I know it's hard because your depressed or like me in shock, but try to read up and come prepared with your questions, any question you have are important.
Jenn [was my] medical assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt I was treated very well, Dr Chuan was very straightforward with me and empathetic, called me personally and spent along time on the phone with explaining what the next step would be (aside from our lengthy consultation because I had so many questions and was very anxious and upset by this infertility diagnosis).
We did 1 cycle of injections d/t my age= no follicle response canceled 2nd cycle of high dose injections same as above no response from my body canceled. She gave me the option of trying Clomid pill; so far 3 cycles on this Cycle 1 ovulated before retrieval, she decided to keep a closer eye on me. Cycle 2 led to egg retrieval and 2 frozen embryos Cycle 3 ovulated 1 of the 2 follicles we decided to save our money instead of going after 1 egg and try another cycle Waiting to start my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Medical Assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful office, staff is professional and tries to work with your work schedule. They are organized and always followed through with your questions. They all seem to know exactly what is going in with your case. It makes you feel like your in great hands!
6,000 for medication 11,000 for cycles and egg retrieval
Temecula

We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were i
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
After 6 years trying to build our family, 6 IVFs, two clinics in LA and several in Argentina where we live now, we were so lucky that somebody introduced us to Dr Brooke Friedman of the San Diego Fertility Center. We hesitated at first because of the long distance but once we decided to do a treatment with them we felt their complete support and we were sure that we made the right decision. We had several Skype appointments and it was amazing to see how well they coordinated everything for us (medication, first appointments with a local doctor, tests, etc.). They were able to accommodate our schedules and help us with by being flexible around the logistics of our travel. I totally recommend Dr. Friedman and the SDFC to anybody going through this heart breaking journey, they were extremely professional, thorough and yet very warm, showing a great empathy for our situation. We are almost 12 weeks pregnant and we are still crossing our fingers so that all goes well, we are confidant that it will just because we know we were in such great hands.
Trust her, you are in good hands.
Fresh transfer, egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Very profesional, flexible and understanding.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great coordination between all the departments (nurse, doctors, finance, donor team)
Around 40k
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Friedman] makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me...
The Staff at SDFC were so supportive, respectful, kind and knowledgeable. They try their best to make you ivf journey much easier...I highly recommend having a consultation with Dr Friedman and I'm sure you will feel the difference from that moment...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Going through IVF is not easy but Dr. Brooke made our experience much better. Dr. Friedman is so kind and intelligent and truly cares for her patients. She makes sure you are comfortable with any decision through the process and keeps you informed about everything. She always answered all our questions and replied to all our emails and we feel very fortunate to have our treatment with her. She even called to give the results when I was told that a nurse from the center will call. And when I decided to see a nurse for an ultrasound as Dr Friedman was in the operation room and I choose not to wait, Dr. Friedman called me in the afternoon to congratulate me. We had to deal with 4 doctors for infertility and Dr Friedman was the sweetest and most dedicated doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. ... Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff [San Diego Fertility Center] made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them. ... There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. ... I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. If she saw that I was nervous, she always reassured me and let me take my time getting my emotions under control. Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
Ask questions… Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification on things.
I feel that with all that comes with fertility treatments it is very scheduled and very planned and very strategic. It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them.
Injections and treatments leading up to anger triple were pretty standard, when my egg retrieval occurred they found polyps in my uterus, so they decided to freeze my eggs, scraped my uterus and allow time for my levels to go down before embryo transfer. They did a biopsy on what they found in my uterus, it came back clear and as soon as my next cycle came around we prepared for embryo transfer. All went as planned and I received a positive pregnancy test two weeks later resulting in a full term birth of my son.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns. They became who I was most familiar with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think overall the clinic was great! There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. I didn’t mind the drive and they were pretty flexible with me when needed. Depending on the timing of my treatments I would see them in to macula or San Diego, but both were pretty convenient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
I love my nurse stated that she was amazing. All my expenses are wonderful
20,000-30,000
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only had two embryos to transfer, so we decided to transfer both… We didn’t have a need to select a specific embryo, as long as it was healthy we are ready to transfer.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I cannot remember the first part of treatment and what they were called, but I do know she tried two different methods that failed before moving to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I have only done the embryo transfer once, and it was successful with one egg that split into identical twins, but I lost them at 16 weeks. I am in the process of doing my second transfer with Dr. Chuan now.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office [at San Diego Fertility Center] was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was very lucky to find Dr. Sandy Chuan. Being a younger patient it was all very scary and confusing. When I first met her, she was so kind and professional. Her knowledge of my issues and her ability to explain it so my husband and I could understand was greatly appreciated. She took the extra time to help us and never made us seem like we were holding her up and she never tried to rush us, which is something we so greatly appreciated. She was not only professional and sensitive she was also willing to work with my work schedules so I did not have to take extra time off work. I would recommend her to anyone having issues with fertility.
To get in ASAP because it will be the best decision you ever made.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
All nursing staff were very kind and answered all questions and followed up after every appointment. I am also able to reach them 24/7 with any questions big or small and they are always so kind about it no matter what time.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
New, clean, with the latest technology.
$20,000 one time fee, success guaranteed or money back.
Temecula
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success...She is super knowledgeable and made every option very clear and understandable for a new patient. If anything occurred she would think of our best interest...
Every staff member [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V] was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect...The most amazing staff that treated us like family on every visit. They were invested in our success through every step of the process..The best clinic in San Diego by far! Every step of the way was clearly defined, open lines of communication was readily available, and couldn't be happier...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success. We are happy to say that after one round we are expecting a baby in February and can't thank Dr Friedman enough. It was sad to leave them after 10 weeks, but they will always be in our hearts.
She is amazing!
She was amazing and made sure we were aware of everything during the process. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Every staff member was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect
Total cost of $25,000
2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Park was very nice and accommodating. She thought out of the box for me and listened to my concerns. I did my own research and brought it to her and she ordered tests or treatments I requested. The only drawback was she didn’t fully know about MTHFR or believe that it could play a big role, but I think that I helped her to learn more about it and she’s slightly adjusted since.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic.... She [Dr. Park] likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.... $11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS... She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate- she will listen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was always very nice, she would listen to my concerns. She came to a hospital to do a fibroid removal for me since the hospital was covered by insurance and the clinic was not. She gave me treatments I asked for that I had researched.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Mostly very nice. Could have better awareness of if someone is there for miscarriage follow up or chemical pregnancy etc so they can act accordingly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic. Dr Park was great, very honest and ethical and compassionate. Her team was very nice also and responsive via email.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
$11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
Susanna Park
San Diego - Mission Valley
2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
Our experience working with Dr. Chuan has always been very positive. I always tell anyone going through what we are what an amazing Doctor she is and how much she cares for us. I'm so thankful she has been our doctor through this whole experience.
I absolutely love this clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient....Every nurse or staff member at SD Fertility Center has been so kind and compassionate. Our experience there has been positive because of the people there. They all care.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an amazing Doctor and to trust her professional guidance and decisions. She always has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Chuan always made us feel that she cared about us and our situation. We have always trusted her because we know she cares.
I don't remember all the meds but I do know it was important to take everything as directed so I did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely love this clinic. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient.
Very easy to schedule and attend. No wait time at all.
The costs were well communicated to us and that part was absolutely fine.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She [Dr Chuan] highly recommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
The staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things....Jenn is always available, friendly and always makes me feel comfortable in some not so comfortable situations.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is very caring and has always had our best interest in mind. She always explains what's going on and why. She leaves the decisions up to us but always gives us her honest feedback and advice. I trust her completely with our care.
Trust the process and the doctor!
The staff is always friendly, caring and they take the time to really explain things.
Our first Stim cycle my body did not respond to the meds in the way the dr had hoped. She highly reccommended we cancel the cycle and give my body a chance to heal and produce better results. She put me on a new protocol and always talked me through the process.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Great staff! Awesome office! Fabulous doctor!

2013 - 2015, Successful
We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She [Dr Chuan] was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics [at San Diego Fertility Center] were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever known. She treated me like you would a good friend, yet she remained professional. She was positive, kind and caring. I was extremely confident in her medical and fertility knowledge. We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Stay patient and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible
Doctors and staff treated me with kindness, respect and genuine caring
Dr.Chuan thought we would reach the best results if we started right away with an egg retrieval due to my age, 40. Our most successful retrieval was the first. After a month of birth control pills to suppress my ovaries, we then stimulated the follicles with injections and retrieved 6 eggs. My husband and I wanted to do genetic testing and the clinic charged same fee whether you had one or eight embryos, so over the next 2+ years we tried to retrieve enough eggs to fertilize into embryos so we could have eight embryos for the testing. It took 2+ years due to my body reacting to the protocols. The protocol that worked perfectly the first round did not work again. I think we tried around 6-10 different protocols over the whole process. The first egg retrieval resulted in the one embryo that genetically would be a viable pregnancy. We implanted the one embryo that was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn Hoffman was incredible. She, along with Dr.Chuan, showed a positive happy attitude throughout the years of treatment. She went above and beyond her duties for me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Over the 2+ years the total cost of medications and clinic procedures was $60,000

2013 - 2015, Successful
Jenn [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We could not have loved having Dr. Chuan as our doctor any more than we did. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over two years by the time we first saw her. She was warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. She took the time to explain everything to us in terms that we could understand and relate to. The month before we were to start the IVF process we ended up pregnant naturally and I miscarried at 7 weeks. The first time I saw Dr. Chuan after she found out she couldn't have been more sympathetic and caring. We decided to skip IUI as an option due to my age, 37 at the time, and the fact that we had been trying to get pregnant for so long at that point, we all agreed that IVF would have a higher possibility of success. We initially were going to do just one retrieval due to the high cost of IVF (our insurance covered nothing of course) and ended up with 3 fresh blastocysts of poor quality. We transferred all three and received a negative result which was obviously emotionally devastating. My husband and I decided to try again and the clinic was amazing in working with us. They offer a discount if you buy a three retrieval package and they rolled over the money we spent on the single retrieval into the package so we saved a lot of money. We did two more retrievals back to back and froze everything. For every new cycle of treatment, Dr. Chuan changed the protocol to try to find what worked best for us. Our first retrieval she was only able to get viable eggs from one ovary so she changed our medications the next time and got better results. She tried a change to the medications for the third retrieval as well to try to give us the best odds. Our second transfer ended up as a blighted ovum miscarriage. Another devastation. Our third transfer resulted in a negative result. By this point I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the quality of my eggs. We spoke to Dr. Chuan about possibly using an egg donor even though we still had six of our own five day blastocysts frozen. She was very empathetic and understanding about our frustration but urged us to give it one more shot with our own eggs and to try transferring three (they normally only transfer a maximum of two) blastocysts. So, we gave it a shot and I honestly fully expected it to fail since I was pretty disheartened at this point. I couldn't be more thrilled to say that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! To say that I was shocked by the positive result would be an understatement. After all of our HCG numbers came back and we were where we were supposed to be, Dr. Chuan called me to congratulate me. At this point in the process generally the fertility doctor is done but she knew how much we had struggled and wanted us to know that she truly cared about us. I have never dealt with a doctor who cared more about me and everything I was going through. If Dr. Chuan could be my lifelong doctor for everything I would be thrilled.
Always be honest about your feelings. I am fully aware about what a serious process fertility treatment is but my husband and I always use sarcasm and humor to deal with stress. Because we joked around, Dr. Chuan adapted fully to our personalities and that really helped us through the process. Had we been super serious about the whole thing, she would have been also. We were able to be ourselves around her which made the process infinitely easier and more comfortable.
From our very first appointment, Dr. Chuan was completely invested in our journey.
I remember that Dr. Chuan changed up our medications during each retrieval to try to get the best results but I don't remember exactly what she changed. I do know that I responded very badly to Estrogen during the egg transfer process and so she tried three different routes for me to take the medication to make me less ill, i.e. patches vs. orally. I was very grateful because taking the pills orally made me horribly nauseated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Most of my appointments, consultations, and ultrasounds were at the Temecula office while the egg retrievals and transfers were at the Del Mar office. The Temecula office is very lovely; well appointed and very clean. It was a pleasure to go here. And since I live in Murrieta, it was fantastic and convenient that most of my appointments were able to be done locally. The Del Mar office is just as nice. They have opened a new clinic in Del Mar that I haven't yet been to so I can't give an opinion of what it currently looks like but I'm sure it is even better than the last one!
The IVF three egg retrieval package was $26,790. Our medications per cycle were about $6,000.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Kettel] was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!On a day where we were full of anxiety and excitement at the same time, the day of our transfer, he was unbelievably kind and warm! For example, he knew that we had never gotten as far as an embryo transfer due to my egg quality, and immediately following the transfer of the embryo, he looked in my eyes and very sincerely said congratulations! I cried of course! He made it very personal like he understood!...
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V]... She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before!...
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in with high expectations because they will be met!
This doctor was Honestly unlike any doctor we have ever Matt especially in the infertility world! He was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Miller)
You could tell that the kindness and warmth really trickle down from the doctors to the staff! But as most people know the person you have contact with on a regular basis is your nurse. She was amazing! For example in her communication with me she often took time to acknowledge my fears and reassure me! This is definitely not been the case with most of my clinics that we're mostly sterile and their communication as if I was a checklist. Then when we finally got the results of a positive pregnancy through blood work results, she encouraged me to take a pregnancy test. I asked her why since I knew the blood test was superior. She said because I deserved to see a positive sign! Wow! I'll never forget that! She was so sweet! I took a picture of the positive test an emailed it to her thanking her for encouraging me to do that!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes. She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before! She answered all her questions like how do you store the leftover embryos. Before she left the room she sincerely said that she was going to take really good care of us and our embryos! I believed her! And they did!
They were very discreet and professional

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Hummel was kind, knowledgeable & compassionate. I was somewhat disappointed in the infrequency with which I saw him. I was a patient of his for approximately 1 year an I think I saw him 3 or 4 times....I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff. I did occasionally feel like Dr. Hummel had forgotten about me because I mostly dealt with his MA and NP.... I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
The facility [SD Fertility Center] was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking...I received personal care and frequent updates from the staff....I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be sure to ask questions if you become confused with the process or terminology. I have a medical background and struggled myself at times to understand the process, especially when it came to the explanation of the IVF treatment packages.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 6 failed IUI cycles and 1 successful IVF cycle. During IUI I did 2 natural cycles, 2 with oral clomid and 2 with injectables (I can't remember the names). During the IVF I used several different injectable medications in a specific series as well as intravaginal estrogen suppositories after the implantation. The injectable series was complicated but with good organizational skills, was manageable. The vaginal suppositories were inconvenient & messy (twice a day for 2 weeks). However I was told the only other options were daily intramuscular injections of estrogen. I was tired of injections so I went for the suppositories which were effective in holding my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: His medical assistant)
I would have preferred more contact, direction & updates from the medical assistant. I felt like she treated me like just another patient she has seen a thousand times before, whereas this was my very first experience with fertility treatment and I had no idea what I was doing. Sometimes I felt like she was irritated when I would ask her to explain something more because I didn't understand, almost like she expected me to know.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The facility was beautiful and the office front staff were so friendly and warm. Frankie is amazing (front desk). The facility location is very easy to get to, right off the freeway. The rooms are private and comfortable, the office is very clean & professional looking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Approximately $35,000 total with IUI, IVF & medications.
Describe William Hummel (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Hummel gave me the option of single or multiple transfer. He explained the risks vs benefits and was ethical in that he would not consider transferring 3 or more embryos based on my personal story (single mom by choice). I felt he was being very responsible in his advice.
William Hummel (retired)
2014 - 2015, Successful
From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!...Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
Everything at the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic...From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initially I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initally I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month. The assistant has since improved, I must note.
Susanna Park

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Chuan was so supportive at every visit. She always took the time to answer the many questions that I had and to thoroughly explain each process to my husband and I. I really felt like she always had my best interest....I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists [at San Diego Fertility Center] knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
Don't give up!
I felt like the doctor, nurses and receptionists knew my name, knew our struggles and genuinely wanted this baby for us. We were dealt with with love and compassion throughout our whole process.
She was very caring and kind. I feel like she wanted this baby so much for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It was small, clean, organized and friendly
I believe our IUI were about $600 then we did them with injectables and it went to like $1100.
2014 - 2015, Successful
I could not be happier with my care by Dr. Kettel. He is warm, compassionate, and honest. He has a great bedside manner and is extremely intelligent. I trust him 100% and highly recommend him!
I was always treated like one of the family! My care could not have been better at SDFC!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christensen)
She was so warm and caring! Gave us a hug when meeting us and was so timely and open in all communication!

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
Jen [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process...Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him.
We did the "success guarantee" plan [at San Diego Fertility Center] which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him. The only negative I can say is that he suggested moving on to donor eggs while I was on the table having the last embryo transferred. I thought the timing was not so good.
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process.
All of our IVF cycles were long prototcol with either ganirelix or cetrotide as antagonist, Gonal-F/menopur stimulations, Ovidrel trigger shots with Lovenox for blood thinners. The first two cycles were fresh day 5 transfers, transferring 2 the first time and 3 the second. We froze the rest and transferred them after the fresh transfers did not work. The last 2 cycles were frozen transfers with PGS. We used ICSI in all cycles because of my husband's low morphology. None of the cycles worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carrie )
Carrie did all of my ultrasounds- she was professional, caring, gentle, and a great resource for information. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciated her after I went to a different clinic where the nursing staff was not great.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and structured in a way that you will feel taken care of and not lost in a sea of numbers. You have your ultrasounds in the morning and then the whole group meets for a midday meeting so they can discuss your case together. They call you with an update in the afternoon. That way everyone is on the same page and there is no confusion. The same nurse gives your ultrasounds (mostly) and the same nurse draws your blood each time. They are not pushy, and don't waste your time. And the office is clean and beautiful.
We did the "success guarantee" plan which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
He was happy to transfer more than one embryo from the start, but I was 35 at the time that I started treatment and had low ovarian reserve. We discussed the possibility of twins- my husband is a twin and so we were up for it.
William Hummel (retired)