9.9

San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Chaun] was great with providing statistical data to manage your expectations while providing these facts in a very gentle manner. With each IVF protocal I went through, she would tweak the medication or the protocal I was to under go based on how the prior protocal went. I had poor egg quality and a low ovarian reserve but after 4 rounds of IVF, we were able to get one PGS normal embryo! Dr. Chuan knew how important this one embryo was to me and would often personally do my ultrasounds, check ups and hysteroscopy herself.
SDFC staff were all very personable and knew who I was and what procedure I was undergoing every time I came into the office...very clean and easy to find with ample parking. Staff there are great not only in the clinic side but also the surgical team for egg retrievals, nursing staff and embryologists. The lab team was wonderful also and got back to me very quickly with questions...The order sheet tends to have an oversupply of what to purchase and sometimes you're left with pricey medication that you've paid for but haven't used.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan cares. She cares about you as her patient and is very understanding of what you're going through. She was great with providing statistical data to manage your expectations while providing these facts in a very gentle manner. With each IVF protocal I went through, she would tweak the medication or the protocal I was to under go based on how the prior protocal went. I had poor egg quality and a low ovarian reserve but after 4 rounds of IVF, we were able to get one PGS normal embryo! Dr. Chuan knew how important this one embryo was to me and would often personally do my ultrasounds, check ups and hysteroscopy herself. I remember she wanted everything to be perfect before we went through with the embryo transfer. I did have several cancelled transfers due to my lining not being thick enough and each time Dr. Chuan would apologize and change my protocal slightly to get me the best results. I fondly remember her saying "we only have one", and I knew how important this was to her as it was to me. Her taking her time and waiting until the perfect moment paid off as I had my baby girl in November 2020. She was right when she told me, "it only takes one".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As it pertains to purchasing the fertility medication, it's very pricey. I wish I had known I didn't need to purchase everything they noted on the order sheet all at once. As the cycle progresses, Dr. Chuan may increase or decrease certain medications. The order sheet tends to have an oversupply of what to purchase and sometimes you're left with pricey medication that you've paid for but haven't used. I learned you can order just enough to cover you for a couple days at a time and keep calling the pharmacy for a certain amount to last a couple days or through the weekend to ensure you only purchase what you need. It takes extra time and you have to be very organized with what your dosage is and also have to make extra trips to the pharmacy but it ended up saving us thousands of dollars in medication that otherwise would have been leftover.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan and the SDFC staff were all very personable and knew who I was and what procedure I was undergoing every time I came into the office. They would say hi to me by name and were all very friendly from the ladies at the front desk to the phlebotomists. Most importantly, I had a mini breakdown after my first IVF egg retrieval which resulted in 0 embryos. Dr. Chuan very kindly set aside time to talk to me that very day about my options and what my next steps would be. She was very empathetic to how I was feeling and when she spoke to me, she talked to me like a friend and not just a doctor to patient which I really appreciated. Under Dr. Chuan's care, I felt like she really understood how important this was to me on a personal level and I felt like she was my cheerleader keeping my hopes up when things seemed dire while still managing my expectations. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Chuan and her staff.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle, I was a "sandwich" protocol that resulted in low retrieved eggs and 0 embryos. My second IVF cycle was an Antagonist protocol that resulted in more retrieved eggs and 2 embryos however the embryos were not normal. My third protocol used estrace and testosterone gel that resulted in low retrieved eggs however the eggs were better quality. This was the cycle that we had our daughter out of. My last cycle was the antagonist protocol again that resulted in one embryo that was abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli)
The primary contact I had was with Shannon Martinelli, Dr. Chuan's medical assistant at the Del Mar Clinic. She was great at responding to my many many questions throughly and responded to me very quickly. Everyone I came into contact with was very helpful, kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and easy to find with ample parking. Staff there are great not only in the clinic side but also the surgical team for egg retrievals, nursing staff and embryologists. The lab team was wonderful also and got back to me very quickly with questions. I have no complaints with anyone I have came into contact with at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
I paid approximately $85,000 for 4 rounds of IVF including medication.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I did not see [Dr. Chuan] as much as I expected, but I learned quickly that this was the norm and you see your Dr for the really important stuff. She was always straight forward with the information and answered all of my questions...compassionate and was never rude or hard to communicate with...also listened to my own suggestions and would give me practical feedback...She understood exactly why we were doing IVF and allowed us to make our own path.
[Nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] answered my emails promptly and even laughed with me when I asked crazy questions...kept me in the loop and if she didn't know the answer she would get it for me. She kept me connected to Dr. Chaun. Everyone I came in contact with rather in person or through email was very approachable and personable...
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I did not see my Dr as much as I expected, but I learned quickly that this was the norm and you see your Dr for the really important stuff. She was always straight forward with the information and answered all of my questions. She was compassionate and was never rude or hard to communicate with. She understood exactly why we were doing IVF and allowed us to make our own path.
Go in being open and honest, the more information you give her the better the feedback and treatment options you will have.
My nurse Jenn was excellent! We would always chat and she remembered my treatments. During my IUI's I had nurse, Monica, she was also great. Dr. Chuan also listened to my own suggestions and would give me practical feedback.
My egg retrieval was standard, towards the end my medication was reduced due to high estrogen levels and the risk of OHSS. The outcome was no OHSS. For my first transfer, I also think it was standard protocol. It failed. Before my next transfer I requested an ERA, she told me they usually don't do those until multiple failed transfers but honored my request and I had ERA/Receptiva completed. After my 2nd failed transfer, she offered to use the same protocol but also offered me a more medicated process similar to the process of someone who had endometriosis since my ERA/Receptiva results were borderline and the option for blood thinners, more steroids, and intralipids. I opted for this method because I wanted to do all we could and not wait for another failed transfer to try these things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman & Monica)
Jenn was very upbeat and available for my questions. She answered my emails promptly and even laughed with me when I asked crazy questions. She kept me in the loop and if she didn't know the answer she would get it for me. She kept me connected to Dr. Chaun. Everyone I came in contact with rather in person or through email was very approachable and personable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I started at the Temecula site, and ended up having to drive to the San Diego office for everything once I started the IVF process. They have longer wait times but it wasn't terrible. The front desk staff at the San Diego office seemed really busy but they were still nice.
Most of it was covered by insurance, out of pocket I think we paid close to maybe 10K including prescriptions.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
My insurance only covered single embryo transfer, but my Dr said we could discuss multiples at a later time if needed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an appointment get lost, but the fixed it as soon as I arrived. I did not get some of my test results but when I emailed the nurses they were provided.
Temecula
She [Dr. Park] is extremely knowledgeable advanced up to date with latest technologies and approachable...It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care...he always proposes a single embryo transfer but adapts to a unique situation and improvises. She's always willing to find out of the box solutions....
they [San Diego Fertility Center] are excellent and familiar with third party reproduction...They have an inhouse egg donor team which was a delight work with...They [nurses] have kept me up to date on every appointment setback and future plan of action. Sarah, is the one that stood with us through our extremely challenging time....
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
SDFC is incredible. As an international intended parent so far away there communication has been commendable. Dr. Park is remarkable also she is lovely and assuring to speak with at every appointment. It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care. I highly recommend becoming her patient! They truly made our dream to be parents come true
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is extremely knowledgeable advanced up to date with latest technologies and approachable. She understands how difficult this journey has been. She will see you through right till the end. excellent ant communication and always has a ready back up plan
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
we had 2 cancelled transfers with our surrogate because of lining issues. we did a natural protocol which was delayed because the body was storing estrogen from the previous cycle. She insisted we continue the cycle and as per her recommendation our lovely surrogate is pregnant with twins
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: SARAH YORK )
they are brilliant with every update and questions. They have kept me up to date on every appointment setback and future plan of action. Sarah, is the one that stood with us through our extremely challenging time. this is something coming from somebody who lives on completely opposite time zones
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
they are excellent and familiar with third party reproduction. They have a system in place and know what they are doing. They have an inhouse egg donor team which was a delight work with. There recommendations are trustworthy and very good. They are a little more expensive. But worth every penny if you would ask me
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
about 50 k usd
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
she always proposes a single embryo transfer but adapts to a unique situation and improvises. She's always willing to find out of the box solutions
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps...clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
All the nursing and support staff were amazing [at San Diego Fertility Center] - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Trust the process and ask any questions you may have.
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps. Additionally, her support staff was amazing. The amount of information can be overwhelming, but they were so organized and able to help us stay on top of everything we needed to do.
Stimulation protocols for egg retrieval included Menopur and Gonal-F, with increased doses of Menopur as we got closer to egg retrieval. We used cetrotide for ~5 days, and then Ovidrel (preferred to Pregnyl by insurance) to stimulate ovulation. With both cycles, follicles grew as expected, though a little slower the second time around. Each time I had ~8 follicles available. We retrieved 6 on cycle one, resulting in 4 embryos, of which 2 were good quality after PGS. The second cycle was even more successful than expected, retrieving 7 eggs, 4 embryos making it to the blastocyst stage, and all 4 with positive PGS results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli; Jenn Hoffman)
All the nursing and support staff were amazing - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful at being organized and breaking everything down simply to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed. It was always easy to schedule an appointment. All the staff were great to work with and had great bedside manner. Special shout out to Laura Dunn who helped us navigate through insurance and billing. Everything seemed to go very smoothly for us; SDFC staff work very well together as a team. I especially like their approach of discussing cases between the various reproductive endocrinologists to get the best results for their patients. I have some friends that received care through other clinics, which they did not recommend I use due to issues with not feeling cared for, heard, and questionable billing practices.
Prepaid cash price for 2 egg retrievals (with PGS for 8 embryos) and one embryo transfer: $31,556 Total out of pocket cost was lower due to services covered by insurance
2018 - 2020, Successful
We did 3 egg retrieval cycles [with Dr. Sandy Chuan] following standard protocol as I understood it. I also had a polyp removed before my 1st embryo transfer. Dr. Chuan has a high standard of the markers she wants to see through each cycle. I trusted that any decisions she made had my best intentions in mind...Our appointments with Dr. Chuan were always full of positive energy. I could tell she really cared and wanted to help us...was knowledgeable and caring. I felt that we were in the best hands possible. We had a lot of decisions along the way and she was great at communicating all sides of the story so we could make the right decision for us. We never felt rushed or pushed.
[San Diego Fertility Center is] Clean, professional, everything you would want it to be. Great staff, prompt on appointments. Surgery center is great too. Had positive experiences at all my procedures. Great communication from embryology team...We did 3 egg retrieval cycles following standard protocol as I understood it. I also had a polyp removed before my 1st embryo transfer...They [nurses] were all amazing. I felt like this process was as important to them as it was to us.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was knowledgeable and caring. I felt that we were in the best hands possible. We had a lot of decisions along the way and she was great at communicating all sides of the story so we could make the right decision for us. We never felt rushed or pushed.
This is the doctor you want on your fertility journey. She's simply the best!
We did 3 egg retrieval cycles following standard protocol as I understood it. I also had a polyp removed before my 1st embryo transfer. Dr. Chuan has a high standard of the markers she wants to see through each cycle. I trusted that any decisions she made had my best intentions in mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman and Monica Torres)
They were all amazing. I felt like this process was as important to them as it was to us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't recall the specific numbers. It is an investment but you are investing with the best team.
She preferred to start with 1 unless we wanted more. We agreed with her. With our limited amount of embryos, we wanted to be frugal with using a lot at once.

Investor
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls...Dr. Park is very friendly and articulate. She connected me also to several agencies for surrogate mothers. I chose one of the agencies she recommended and have been very happy also. I trust Dr. Park 100% and would recommend her to anyone.
I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here...I can expect to receive a very detailed report after each procedure/clinical visit. I was very impressed by the clinic and how well it is organized. I am very happy and confident my surrogate mother will be treated nicely by the nurse team there.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be ready for a great experience! :)
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls. I am very grateful that Dr. Park is helping me realize my dreams!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was referred to SDFC by another friend, who had a great experience. I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park at SDFC did everything she could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness...caring at a human level to an extent above what anyone could expect...being proactive and reaching out to us.
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park and her team at SDFC did everything they could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness...Our surrogate also had a great experience working with SDFC...Very professional attitude, attentive towards and not treating this as a business relation despite of course money is involved. Very quickly responsive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park and her team at SDFC did everything they could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness. Dr. Park has been caring at a human level to an extent above what anyone could expect, and she provided us with professional advice whenever we reached out to her - as well as being proactive and reaching out to us. The warmest recommendations from us!
Dr Park was genuine, attentive, treated us warmly - while being at the highest academic level. We spoke to a number of other fertility doctors until we chose to work with Dr Park at SDFC - no one was at this level.
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park at SDFC did everything she could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness. Dr. Park has been caring at a human level to an extent above what anyone could expect, and she provided us with professional advice whenever we reached out to her - as well as being proactive and reaching out to us. The warmest recommendations from us!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very professional attitude, attentive towards and not treating this as a business relation despite of course money is involved. Very quickly responsive. Our surrogate also had a great experience working with SDFC.
For the full process, 55K usd, excluding egg donor. Egg donor was 10K. After two negative pregnancy results, we upgraded to an 'unlimited transfer' plan for additionally 10K.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Chaun] is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr...always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever...Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn [nurse] was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr.Chuan is hands down an amazing Dr. She is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr.
This process may not be as easy as you think. Things may not go the way you had planned. Along the way, there’s stuff/issues you may find out about yourself and your body that you weren’t prepared for. Try to go in with an open mind and trust the process and trust the path Dr.Chuan takes you down. She has learned your body and she’s the best person to get you to your goal of having a baby.
Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman have been amazing with us. They both always were comforting and sincere every time I saw them. They always were upfront and honest with every question I had, even if it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. They both always went above and beyond to make my husband and I feel comfortable with the not always so comfortable process of IVF. Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Hoffman made our IVF journey as comforting as possible. She is always easy to reach and ready for any questions we have. Jenn is compassionate and truly cares about how I’m doing, how I’m feeling, and making sure I always have what I need. Jenn stuck by my side when I found out I was miscarrying on our first IVF cycle. My husband couldn’t go into the clinic, because of covid, so it was comforting having Jenn by my side. Im very excited that I am being promoted to the OB but I can honestly say that I will miss seeing Jenn and Dr.Chuan along the rest of our pregnancy journey. I couldn’t thank them enough!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The front office is amazing. The girls up front are always so sweet and accommodating. They always answer the phones when I call to ask questions or when I need to make appointments. The staff downstairs in the clinic area are wonderful as well. Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever and are very happy with the experience we’ve had with them the last 2 years. Thank you SDFC!
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I trust her [Dr. Susanna Park] and was comfortable with her every step of the way...caring, friendly, and attentive to our needs. She explained the concerns we had and did so in a way that we could understand from our non-medical backgrounds...doesn’t recommend any treatment or medicine if there is no Science behind it...I asked her if I can transfer two embryos...told me it’s totally up to me but she doesn’t recommend it due to expected risk or complication throughout the pregnancy.
Organized and clean and warm and the entire team [at San Diego Fertility Center] are friendly...The lab team are the best...Professional and they respond to our questions all the time...The people that return calls at midnight are helpful, friendly, and ensure they called us back in the morning to see if things had changed and didn't just forget about us.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is an a very knowledgeable doctor and she doesn’t recommend any treatment or medicine if there is no Science behind it . She took the times several times to explain each protocol and advise accordingly . I trust her and was comfortable with her every step of the way .
She will do her best and use her utmost knowledge to get you to your Dream of having a Baby .
She have brought us one step closer to our dream of having a family. From our many meetings sitting down with her ,asking a TON of questions, and expressing multiple concerns she was caring, friendly, and attentive to our needs. She explained the concerns we had and did so in a way that we could understand from our non-medical backgrounds. She were always cheerful and happy, and even during our first unsuccessful cycle you were empathic to our pain. She then offered us options that you believed in, concerns in those options we brought up that did not have scientific independent verification, and ultimately those options she supported resulted in a successful pregnancy.
She advised to start having antibiotics for 14 days before my transfer . Changed my diet ( gluten free . Diary free . Sugar free ) advised to have acupuncture . Kept me on progesterone shots and estrogens pills . Adjusted my daily supplements ( baby aspirin - prenatals and Vitamin D)
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hanna Malloy )
Nursed helped us understand our symptoms and what was OK and not OK in our journey. The people that return calls at midnight are helpful, friendly, and ensure they called us back in the morning to see if things had changed and didn't just forget about us. You answered our medicine questions, understood our prescription needs, and when we needed thing adjusted (1" needles vice 1.5" comes to mind) you remedied our concerns immediately to help us have a better experience during these stressful times.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It’s the best clinic . Organized and clean and warm and the entire team are friendly . The lab team are the best . Professional and they respond to our questions all the time . I don’t think there is any weakness in this clinic .
I have done two cycles . First IVF cycle I paid 30K ( includes egg retrieval , Generic testing . Embryo transfer . ICSI surgery for my husband . Not including meds . Second cycle I only paid for the second embryo transfer and it cost me another 5000$
During the time preparing for my transfer , I asked her if I can transfer two embryos . She told me it’s totally up to me but she doesn’t recommend it due to expected risk or complication throughout the pregnancy.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I met her [Dr. Susanna Park] at a conference where her well thought out speech and presentation got my attention...exceeded my expectations regarding communication and how up front she was about the process (both good and bad). Her follow up was amazing...I did have a miscarriage and after that, [She] was sympathetic but also very clear on things I could do for the next one though nothing was a guarantee. Scratching the uterine lining, taking meds before to help, etc. and through those strategies the next transfer was successful...
They [San Diego Fertility Center] provide great options for this process to make it as affordable or as reassured as they can be. They have great staff who knows what to do and how to treat their patience like family as opposed to just another customer...[Dr. Susanna Park] followed up, kept great communication with me and was always very honest about what was going on
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I only saw great strengths with Dr. Park. I met her at a conference where her well thought out speech and presentation got my attention. She exceeded my expectations regarding communication and how up front she was about the process (both good and bad). Her follow up was amazing and just pure knowledge of what she does was un-questionable.
Enjoy every minute of it and be ready to be kept in the loop with everything throughout the process!
She has truly made me feel like family and for that, I am forever grateful. She followed up, kept great communication with me and was always very honest about what was going on
Dr. Park always had the steps that needed to be done throughout the process. I did have a miscarriage and after that, Dr. Park was sympathetic but also very clear on things I could do for the next one though nothing was a guarantee. Scratching the uterine lining, taking meds before to help, etc. and through those strategies the next transfer was successful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were warm and kind, very attentive to what was needed and were clear on the steps and what was coming next and what to expect.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic has only strengths. They provide great options for this process to make it as affordable or as reassured as they can be. They have great staff who knows what to do and how to treat their patience like family as opposed to just another customer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was out of state so did not do the monitoring appointments there
Around 40k

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!...She was great at explaining to you risks vs benefits of multiple embryo transfer...would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Overall our experience was great [at San Diego Fertility Centerr]. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!...Jenn was AMAZING and so helpful to me all the time! She still is :) I couldn’t ask for a better nurse than Jenn!!...Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!
Trust her!
Dr Chuan was my favorite! And her staff. They were always so warm and helpful. Dr Chuan would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall our experience was great. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!
We probably spent a total of almost 100k
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Brooke Friedman overall is a kind, compassionate, and supportive physician. She had empathy for our experience and gave us space and time for all and any questions we had...used a ton of research in each answer...big believer in just doing a single embryo transfer for good reason...she was still flexible with us as we requested transferring two embryos and she did that for us although we only got pregnant with one.
The entire staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is really supportive. They answer questions, knew us by name, and always made time to chat when we arrived. They made it feel like we were family...they will do retrieval or transfer on the weekend if that is the timing that ends up working out...busy clinic and it's easiest to get appointments if you are able to be flexible with your schedule
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Brooke Friedman overall is a kind, compassionate, and supportive physician. She had empathy for our experience and gave us space and time for all and any questions we had and believe me I had a ton. I literally made a list of questions based on things I read online or from Instagram posts that I followed and she went through every question I had. She also used a ton of research in each answer. During our planning for our 2nd egg retrieval process I asked if there were any other meds or strategies we could use to obtain more eggs and embryos and she took time to think through research she had studied and added more to our treatment which actually resulted in one more really good embryo! The team at San Diego Fertility Center is like family to us. They were all kind, everyone seemed to know our names and where we were in our journey, and even if I just called to make an appt they asked how we were doing. Once I left that center and went to my OB it was a tough experience because I was not surrounded by all this support. Her Medical Assitant, M.J. was amazing. She was kind and always there for us when Dr. Friedman was with another patient. Dr. Friedman is very busy and that is the only issue however I do think that is the nature of this business. We did not see her during every visit and this could have been because we did our follow up ultrasounds and appts at the Mission Valley location. Also just FYI the team at the Mission Valley office is awesome! We are really happy with our experience as we ended up with our baby girl who was born in 2019 and is a healthy little one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Do your best to come in with questions and remember any question is valid. If you read something or hear about another treatment or strategy just bring it to her and she will go over it with you. So I would suggest doing some research of your own before you see her. Think through what is important to you during your treatment as well. She is really supportive but has to know what you are thinking and what is important to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman has a bubbly and kind personality and she was very supportive throughout the process. She even literally held my hand as I was going under during my egg retrieval process. She always asked how we were doing and checked in on how our families were as well as my parents were there during this process. Also her Medical Assistant, M.J. was super supportive every step of the way! A great team!
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Honestly because we had our baby girl I have been wrapped up in that experience and have almost forgotten all we did to get pregnant. Things I do remember is that when we first met with Dr. Friedman she suggested IVF and we agreed. She started us on a protocol right away. We ended up doing 2 egg retrievals as we had planned and because I did a ton of research on my own I brought ideas to Dr. Friedman and she was receptive. Our 2st egg retrieval felt pretty standard and for our 2nd egg retrieval she added a growth hormone and other things based on research she had studied. She gave us these new suggestions, she never pressured us to do anything extra, we actually wanted to do more and so we signed up for more meds. And it worked! I do remember she cancelled I think two of my upcoming transfers. Once was due to my lining not being up to par and where she wanted it and the second time was due to having tissue she found during the sonohysterogram (ultrasound here she also used water to get a very clear picture). When she found that tissue she had us get that surgically removed. We choose to have Dr. Friedman do that in the OR at the Carmel Valley office and it was a success. It may be tough to have things pushed back but she has good reason for all of it. So I would really trust in that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: M.J.)
The entire staff is really supportive. They answer questions, knew us by name, and always made time to chat when we arrived. They made it feel like we were family. The care coordinator I met with at the Carmel Valley location was really positive and kind so that helped me because I was very nervous about things going well.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think it's important to do some research before you go into a consultation because it will help guide your journey. The strengths are that when you are there you feel like you are with family who really care about you. They are so supportive and everyone is cheering you on because they all really want you to be successful. Also they will do retrieval or transfer on the weekend if that is the timing that ends up working out which is really amazing. The doctors work overtime for sure which shows how passionate they are about the work they do. The weakness is that they are a busy clinic and it's easiest to get appointments if you are able to be flexible with your schedule. They somehow manage to get you in when you need to which is great. Also there are certain things that they will not offer unless you bring it to them and are interested in it. I think its important to connect with your doctor's medical assistant because they will help get things moving forward.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
The cost was more due to the medications we ended up using for our 2nd egg retrieval. So for our initial cost it was about $26,000 which included 2 egg retrievals, one transfer, and all appointments which included blood draws and ultrasounds. We paid extra for medication for each part so for our 1st egg retrieval we paid around $4,000 and for the 2nd egg retrieval we added testosterone gel which I put on my arms when I started the estrace pill at the very start of the cycle which was actually Day 20 of my cycle. The testosterone gel was only like $50 extra but then we also added a shot of growth hormone which was the big money item and it ended up being worth it because we got one more normal embryo out of that retrieval. The 2nd egg retrieval medication cost was around $6,000. We then paid extra for the mock cycle, the sonohysterogram (water ultrasound) and I had to have tissue removed after that water ultrasound which we decided to have Dr. Friedman do at the OR at their office for about $2,000. We paid only a couple hundred for the progesterone meds for the transfer which was around maybe $400 or so. That medication was the least expensive of the bunch. Also San Diego Fertility Center has a pharmacy they work with which gives a discounted rate!
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Friedman is really a big believer in just doing a single embryo transfer for good reason. She does not want to put you, the patient, at risk for twins and a difficult pregnancy. That being said she was still flexible with us as we requested transferring two embryos and she did that for us although we only got pregnant with one. It was still worth it for us.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Friedman always spoke to me respectfully and professionally, empathizing with my situation while also being honest about the pros and cons of the different treatment options for my situation. ... Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. ... She never pressured me. ... First embryo transfer cycle was cancelled as my uterine lining was not optimal thickness. She prescribed medications to help thicken my lining for the next cycle which worked.
The clinic's [San Diego Fertility Center] strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. ... I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. ... I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. She made me feel comfortable and presented all my treatment options with the pros and cons so I always felt like I was making a fully informed decision. She never pressured me.
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Be open and honest about your expectations and take your time to weigh the pros and cons.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela McKee)
All of the nursing staff was great. They made me feel at ease and were always willing to take the time to answer my questions or address any concerns. I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance. I think I saved at least 50% on my medications following this advice.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic's strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. This only happened on a few occasions but it would have been nice to be called if they are running behind so that I didn't leave work just to sit in the waiting room for 30-40 minutes.
I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. This was given as the best option to control costs as I would not have to pay anything more. They would refund any amounts that my insurance covered. My insurance only covered the visits at the office and not the embryology lab or surgery center so I only got refunded about $775.
We made it clear from the beginning that we only wanted one embryo transferred as we only wanted one child and did not want to take the risk of multiples. She fully supported our decision.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

My only complaint would be that I wish I got to interact with Dr Friedman more. The times I was able to she was understanding, compassionate but also realistic. My favorite interaction with Dr Friedman was our first FET. She seemed so genuinely excited for us and did a great job talking us through all of the steps. ... Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples.
Majority of the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. ... My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. ... The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Just know that you won't interact with her as much as you would assume
We first tried 2 clomid IUIs then switched to a another medicine for the 3rd IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For my IVF egg retrieval, I did Gonal F and Menopur with Cetrotide. This results in 21 eggs retrieved and 9 frozen embryos. For my FET, I did estrogen and PIO. Transfer was successful but miscarried at 8w+2d.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela Mckee)
My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. It was clear she didnt look at my chart before responding to questions (ex. when I was having issues before my FET and emailed her about them, she responded with something about clomid which I had not been on in months). The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Majority of the clinic staff are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. I had a front desk girl start to say how she and her husband werent desperate enough yet to start treatments and then immediately caught herself. Days after my miscarriage (right before Christmas) I had staff asking me if I had any fun plans for the holiday. It wasnt mean-spirited but I do feel that in these situations knowing things like that could impact those suffering through a loss should be part of their standard care training. My only other specific complaint was the day we had our ultrasound and found out the baby didnt have a heartbeat anymore. Our nurse that day said it so matter-of-fact and left the room to get the doctor. As they escorted us to the doctors office I saw our nurse setting up for a staff party or something in the break room. Again, this wasnt mean-spirited but I feel like extra caution needs to be taken in these clinics to avoid their patients feeling like numbers. To me, in that extremely emotional moment, seeing the person that had just told me I lost a baby setting up for a party really bothered me. Something as easy as shutting the door to the break room could have avoided that feeling for me, but again, I know there was no bad intent from the staff. I would assume most of the staff have not been through fertility treatments so some of these things that, anywhere else, would never be an issue are felt differently based on what we are going through. Besides these couple instances, we have loved our clinic and the staff.
Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples. She was open to the conversation of transferring 2 for future transfers.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Because of my chronic condition endometriosis, Dr. Friedman has had very specific protocols for our treatment. She has gone the extra mile to take precautions that will greatly increase our chances of success during our embryo transfer. Specifically, she has recommended extra cycles of hormone therapy to suppress my endometriosis; allowing my body to have the best chance at accepting the embryo during transfer.
It [San Diego Fertility Center] is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way. ... Mj [nurse] is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is the warmest and kindest person I have ever received care from. From the moment we met, I felt heard and understood. She has provided my husband and I with honest advice and realistic expectations. With her we feel so safe going through our IVF cycle. There hasn’t been one person who hasn’t raved about her to us and we feel so fortunate to have found San Diego Fertility Center. Thank you for being so wonderful!
I would advise any prospective patients to trust Dr. Friedman with their journey. She is the best at what she does and her level of care is unmatched.
From the moment we met Dr. Friedman she welcomed us with open arms. She took the time to learn about our story and medical history before our first consultation and every appointment sense she has come prepared and ready. My specific needs are met time and time again. Her ability to connect on a genuine and individual basis is why we continue to feel human with her instead of just another patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
Mj is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I haven’t found one negative about our center. It is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way.
Our first IVF cycle has cost upwards of $20,000 so far, with medication and appointments.
Dr. Friedman highly recommends transferring only one embryo. Her reasoning stems from the complications that may occur with pregnancies that include multiples. She has also taken into consideration my age and future pregnancies while giving this advice.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Kettle is great. We were an unexpected challenging case and I don’t think he was prepared for our results. Therefore we did not see our poor response to treatment as an option. He got more honest and realistic with us as we progressed. ... he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. ... I see Megan and Danielle. Both are amazing and caring. They have helped me through the worst days of my life. I’m so grateful for their care.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Know that you will develop a better relationship with nurses since they do the primary day to day care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I didn’t see Dr Kettle at all my appts but I would see the nurses in the Mission Valley office and they are so lovely, kind and caring.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For our 2 IUIs we did clomid. For our first 2 Egg retrieval’s we did an antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal and cetritide. Round 2 he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. Because I see them so often I sometimes forget about Dr Kettle. I know he’s working behind the scenes but sometimes it’s odd to go long times without checking in. On the other hand I feel so comfortable with the nurses it makes it tolerable. If seeing a doctor at every appt is important to you, this clinic wouldn’t be right for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each egg retrieval was around $13,000 not including medications. We have done 2 and are starting a 3rd
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have one PGS tested normal so it isn’t really an option but if we get a second he would allow 2.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main

As we conducted our initial evaluation with Dr. Friedman, we had the overall feeling that she had a protocol she wanted to follow which was IVF. With normal labs and normal anatomy, she did not want to explore any other options except for IVF...We attempted 3 IUIs...Clomid on CD 3-7 to increase follicle production, days 12-15 ultrasound for follicle size...(we only saw Dr. Friedman on initial visit). Due to no continuity of care, each practitioner had their OWN PLAN for us
[at San Diego Fertility Center] you will see all level 1 practitioners (NP and PA-C) during your follow-up visits, labs, diagnostic studies, etc. Make sure you demand for a plan and immediate follow-up on lab results as timing is of the essence. We had to call and contact the office 75% of the time with no upcoming follow-up plan...most [staff] did not read our chart prior to our appointment and were unsure what the visit was for.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
As we conducted our initial evaluation with Dr. Friedman, we had the overall feeling that she had a protocol she wanted to follow which was IVF. With normal labs and normal anatomy, she did not want to explore any other options except for IVF. We inquired about other options, but they were inconclusive. Having been to my 'now' fertility specialist, I can compare and stand with conviction on my initial gut feeling which was that I was not heard.
Be aware that you will see all level 1 practitioners (NP and PA-C) during your follow-up visits, labs, diagnostic studies, etc. Make sure you demand for a plan and immediate follow-up on lab results as timing is of the essence. We had to call and contact the office 75% of the time with no upcoming follow-up plan.
I've been in healthcare for 16 years with experience in private practice, community hospitals, and corporate driven healthcare. Therefore, I am very understanding that a medical office "can" have an off-day. I do not ever base my true opinions on 1-2. This location consistently treated us like a number. There is no continuity of care with the nurse practitioners or the physicians assistants (we only saw Dr. Friedman on initial visit). Due to no continuity of care, each practitioner had their OWN PLAN for us -- We would do IUI on totally different days from each practitioner. You lose complete credibility and trust with the office because no one truly "knew" who we were and our medical history background.
We attempted 3 IUIs with this plan: Clomid on CD 3-7 to increase follicle production, days 12-15 ultrasound for follicle size. This differentiated between each practitioner as the follicle size ranged from 15 mm to 23 mm, trigger shot 36-48 hours prior to IUI insemination. Based on reading different articles from multiples sites, our timing was all over the place and for IUI, you need it to be as exact as humanly possible to increase chances.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Their job tasks were procedural. I don't know if interaction was required; therefore, it felt more 'cold' due to little to no interaction. Also, most did not read our chart prior to our appointment and were unsure what the visit was for.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths: Mackenzie. She is the front office coordinator. She was articulate and handled any issues or questions when asked. She is not a nurse nor a practitioner and yet she was able to secure all results for us, book appointments appropriately with the correct practitioner, she was kind, she was open, and she completed all tasks she was allowed to do because she was aware that our case was not handled with respect or responsibility. Weakness: This place feels very procedural. Having my background in healthcare, I want to express that the types of women/men who see a fertility specialist have exhausted every option with their OB/GYN or primary care. We are here for answers, for understanding, and for a solidified plan. Timing is of the essence and I believe if we had continuity of care between practitioners, we would feel more valued, trust your plan, and trust that the outcome will be favorable.
$700 per IUI cycle, $450 total for genetic testing between myself and husband, $250 initial visit, labs were done with my own private insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We were the unfortunate ones who were not informed of a missing Rubella vaccination. While preparing for the 2nd IUI, we were highly recommended to get the vaccination which takes 60 days in total. During the midst of this, we saw 2 different practitioners who were not aware of the issue and therefore had conflicting plans. All the while, I had already taken Clomid (it is recommended no more 6 rounds of Clomid for a woman for the age of 36) and we had to cancel that month for an IUI wait another 2 months before proceeding. We were never called for the results or were given a plan post Rubella vaccination. We were charged for a visit even though we did not complete the whole visit -- we were told of the rubella vaccination at the beginning of the appointment. Difficult to dispute and reverse the charges as none of the support staff knew the situation or had talk to the practitioners who would've explained the mix-up.

2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Susanna Park] was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Excellent team [of nurses]! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication...Clinic is clean, respectful, kind, compassionate and competent. We felt well taken care of the entire journey! Everyone was top notch and you leave feeling well supported. I can see why people travel from all over the world to work with Dr. Park and her team. We flew in from NC and despite our long distance, everyone was fantastic at coordinating all the little and big details.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was a stand out - not just in fertility treatment experiences, but in relation to ALL medical and healthcare treatment settings. She was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
Show up with an easy mind, open heart and your important questions.
Dr. Park carefully explained everything in a patient, easy to understand manner and appeared genuinely glad to explain things in great detail as requested. She provided great follow up and was very accessible. She ensured we felt comfortable with our team and was with us 100% of the journey along the way. We felt so lucky to be paired with her. Getting to this point was filled with so much pain and anguish and finding her and SDFC was a relief and great joy for our family. What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elina Kjetselberg)
Excellent team! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park following the standards of the ORM recommended a single Embryo transfer based on our circumstances.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Park is helpful with explaining your diagnosis and proposed treatment and will sit and answer questions until you are comfortable with next steps. She is honest with her opinions, but when moving forward with treatment she takes patient input seriously and works with you....Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience.... A full IVF cycle is $13,500. They do offer embryo banking package, two retrievals and one transfer.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
There is so much that goes into IVF so be prepared with questions when you see her. Ultrasounds/bloodwork while doing a retrieval are not permitted by Dr. Park, so your appointments with her need to be used wisely.
Dr. Park was supportive, but realistic, with treatment and expected outcomes. She referenced real cases and she worked through options with us vs. simply prescribing a standard protocol and sending us on our way.
Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger. We’ve done two rounds. 1st- 4 follicles, 3 mature eggs, 3 fertilized (ICSI), 2 embryos. 2nd- 6 follicles, 6 mature eggs, 6 fertilized (ICSI), 4 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Rinteria)
Janette was quick to respond to calls or emails and ensured we, as well as Dr. Park, were on the same page.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience. I think if you do your due diligence and connect with your doctor, you will feel supported and connected throughout the entire process.
She is pro eSET. Will explain pros/cons, but is open to discussing.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations....I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment.... I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations. My issues with her may just be how her office is run, but other than the consults and actual surgical procedures, I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment. Her MA is quite cold, and I've found myself holding back from reaching out as to not have any further interaction. I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE. As meds were adjusted, I was only contacted by the staff I did not know and nothing was explained. I was also struck when all embryo updates were an informal email from a lab department, again I never heard from my actual doctor.
Go in understanding this is a very hands-off clinic. They see a high volume of patients and don't have the time to give any "personal touch". As this was my first experience with fertility treatments, it took a lot of research on my own to understand what was going on.
Through my 2 IUIs and 1 round of IVF at SDFC its only become more apparent that patients are treated as a number rather than an individual case. The best example of this is the fact that you see a different staff member, never a doctor, during each monitoring appointment. The staff always asks to get "caught up" on your meds/cycle, and I can say that if any of them saw me outside of the office they would not recognize me as a patient, let alone even remember my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
While you are assigned a care coordinator under a RE at SDFC, my experience was that you only see them during the intake of appointments with the doctor- aka consultations. All other appointments and services are with a mix of other staff members on a rotating basis. The coordinator is available via email if you have questions outside the appointment, but I found it felt like I was bothering her if I did reach out.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC feels like a fertility mill. They see a large quantity of patients, and its evident that individual care is not high on their priority list. While the first consultation is often comped, and you get a great full hour consultation, my experience was after you sign on as a patient, you never really see the doctors again but rather have your case managed by a myriad of staff who don't get to know your case. Now that I have completed my retrieval and have embryos "on ice", I feel a bit stuck in the mill. I expected having such expensive, self-pay medicine would come with more access to physicians, and care designed for our specific circumstances.
Each IUI was about $850 with the trigger shot IVF is about $14,000 before medications FET is about $5,000
Dr. Friedman has a very strong preference for eSet
San Diego - Del Mar Main

We absolutely adore her! We felt she [Dr. Chuan] truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us.
I love everything about this clinic [San Diego Fertility] from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic....We are still in the process of qualifying for guaranteed IVF. It is a little bit higher in price than your standard cycle but we feel given our circumstances it is absolutely worth every penny!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We absolutely adore her! We felt she truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us. We did not at all feel pressured to spend more money then we already were
Give yourself a few hours for your consultation because she does not at all make you Feel rushed at all! We got individual time with her and the nurse and the financial advisor
She brought us straight to her office for our initial consultation and spent a great amount of time explaining everything to us step-by-step and asking if we had any questions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is always so easy to reach if I have any questions at all. Every time I have gone in for blood work I have not had to wait and she already has everything set up and ready to go to get me in-and-out. I have very poor veins and it normally takes a few sticks to get blood but Jen can always get it 1st try!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I love everything about this clinic from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic.
I would say it definitely goes case by case. She does both however we are only 23 years old and have never been pregnant so in our case she said she will transfer one embryo a few times and depending on results she may go to two
Temecula

Dr. Kettle was very professional and explained the entire process clearly and honestly. He was also very upfront about how IUI procedure goes and was very honest about success rates...For my first cycle we tried it without any hormones and were unfortunately not successful. For the second round [he] reassessed and I was put on Clomid and estrogen. After taking those my follicles got to the correct size and we were able to do our second round of IUI and we’re successful
They [San Diego Fertility Center staff] communicate everything they are doing and seeing really well. They are the ones you will see the most and truly treat you as if you’re the only patient they see. They always took time to answer my questions and I never felt rushed...The actual procedure we did cost a little over $700 and then you pay $250 for 5 ultrasounds that you will need to track your ovulation and follicle size. If you are using a sperm donor or need to keep sperm at their location they keep it in their lab for free for up to a year. We did two cycles of IUI so in total we spent around 2,000 plus the cost of my medication.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Kettle was very professional and explained the entire process clearly and honestly. He was also very upfront about how IUI procedure goes and was very honest about success rates. We felt going in to this process well informed and very hopeful!
If you’re just starting this process remember that everyone’s journey to parenthood is different. Don’t compare other people’s results or experiences to your own. It will drive you crazy! And know that the doctors and nurses at San Diego fertility center will do everything they can to help you get to where you want to be. What I liked about Dr. Kettle is he doesn’t like to give you a lot of hormones if you don’t need them. But every cycle they reassess and put a different plan in place as you go.
From the day we sat down with Dr. Kettle for our consultation and we explained how long we had been trying to conceive and where we were at in our fertility journey, Dr. Kettle got us started right away. It was apparent that he sympathized with our personal experience with infertility and didn’t want us to have to wait to become a family any longer. We felt like he really listened to us and thoroughly explained the process. It was really refreshing.
For my first cycle we tried it without any hormones and were unfortunately not successful. For the second round Dr. Kettle reassessed and I was put on Clomid and estrogen. After taking those my follicles got to the correct size and we were able to do our second round of IUI and we’re successful! We are now expecting our first baby in about 5 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is absolutely fantastic. They communicate everything they are doing and seeing really well. They are the ones you will see the most and truly treat you as if you’re the only patient they see. They always took time to answer my questions and I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is really lovely, clean, and well organized. They always remembered my name when we came in and I really appreciated that. I haven’t listed any weaknesses here because in the course of our 3 year journey trying to find a doctor that fit for us, by the time we found SD Fertility Center they got us through this process so quickly and didn’t waste any time. They were exactly what we were looking for. We couldn’t be happier.
We did IUI with some medication assistance. The actual procedure we did cost a little over $700 and then you pay $250 for 5 ultrasounds that you will need to track your ovulation and follicle size. If you are using a sperm donor or need to keep sperm at their location they keep it in their lab for free for up to a year. We did two cycles of IUI so in total we spent around 2,000 plus the cost of my medication.
I did not do embryo transfer nor did we discuss it so I have no opinion.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr. Chuan acted as a compassionate listener. She effectively listed to my wife's needs, requests, fears, etc and responded with great empathy and willingness to support her in any way to maximize comfort while optimizing our fertility strategy...She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request.
[The nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center was] Always warm, welcoming, and with a smile to do their best to bring comfort and ease to otherwise anxious moments...Their billing team worked diligently with my insurance plan, which was not an easy task. They showed perseverance to work with my plan to establish a pricing plan which we could adhere to...The receptionists were not only helpful, but such wonderfully compassionate people. On time. We actually looked forward to our visits. The staff made the process very easy for us, as all services needed were all under one roof. Beautiful setting. Good coffee.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Extraordinarily compassionate, and eager to listen to our unique circumstances and fertility strategy. She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request. Initiating these services, I expected our Dr to act in a one-dimensional role as a service provider. Our expectations were vastly exceeded as we not only found an excellent provider in Dr. Chuan, but also found an engaging partner and thoughtful teammate through the entire process.
Start here.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
We agreed that as we had a good number of embryo candidates to select from, and we only wanted 1 birth, that we would perform one transfer at a time. Coupled with relative motherly youth, we found success only after a couple attempts.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Chuan was great she broke everything down so that i understood everything from whats happening and what our options are and the next steps are. She is truly an expert and you can see that with her conversations i had with her. ... After the consult I began to see the NP [SD Fertility Ctr] ... Also treatment did not seem to be custom or modified to me and what I'm going through.
If you need some emotional support from the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] the Temecula clinic is not where you can get it from but if thats something you do not need and just want business only the n this will work for you. ... The nurse was short i felt as I was in and out without any sort of connection with her and the same for the other staff that assisted her. Although there was one nurse i had the opportunity to meet and she was really approachable and nice.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have questions prepared because she is super receptive and great at answering questions.
After the consult I began to see the NP and i would come in for my scan and leave no conversations about what im feeling and once i brought up about not triggering and she said its its whatever I want to do. After each appt i was told what to do and that seemed expected and there was also no communication between the office staff or myself which when i attempted to they were really short with me. Also treatment did not seem to be custom or modified to me and what I'm going through. Again lack of discussion about what os happening and after my 2nd chemical pregnancy i was told that at least im getting the results of a positive pregnancy test which is great
I took letrozole on cycle day 3 to 7 and would scan the follicles on day 3 and 12 and 14 if needed after size is sufficient i would trigger on day 12 or 14 and beta would happen on day 12
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica NP)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Chuan is great. If you need some emotional support from the clinic staff the Temecula clinic is not where you can get it from but if thats something you do not need and just want business only the n this will work for you.
My consult and follow up were covered but i had to pay for the medication cycle and the medication was a separate cost in addition to the office visits.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Beta testing the office completed they called the next day instead of calling the same day
Temecula
Dr. Park has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever met. She is so energetic, positive, and happy and she brings that into each appointment with her. Her energy always made us feel positive. After our first transfer failed, and we had our consultation she was truly in pain with us. She is compassionate and it shows...For my first transfer: I used birth control and estrace. After that failed, I did a natural cycle before the second transfer and I had twins. I was very resonsive to the medications and I had a thick lining both times. However, I did do a scratch biopsy prior to our second transfer. And we mimicked that for our transfer.
she [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was always very good at returning my emails promptly...Approximately $27, 000 for two embryo transfers, one egg retrieval, PGS testing, and endometrial scratch biopsy...Very nice office. Top quality staff. Clinic strengths: they have the best techniques and use up to date procedures. Weaknesses: I honestly have no complaints. This clinic is top of the line... For my first transfer: I used birth control and estrace. After that failed, I did a natural cycle before the second transfer and I had twins. I was very resonsive to the medications and I had a thick lining both times. However, I did do a scratch biopsy prior to our second transfer. And we mimicked that for our transfer.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Trust her even when things don't go as planned.
Dr. Park has a great bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I felt like she liked us and she was excited for our treatments. I saw a few other NP's while under their care and on of their bedside manner was terrible in comparison...with her I truly felt like a number and just another body she has to do a vaginal exam on. Dr. Park is truly heaven sent and we are privileged that she was our fertility Doctor because we now have our twins.
For the egg retrieval I used: gonal F 450 IU, Leuprolide, dilute hCG, ovidrel. For my first transfer: I used birth control and estrace. After that failed, I did a natural cycle before the second transfer and I had twins. I was very resonsive to the medications and I had a thick lining both times. However, I did do a scratch biopsy prior to our second transfer. And we mimicked that for our transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember her name)
I worked with Janet as the MA and she was always very good at returning my emails promptly. My primary nurse was also very responsive.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very nice office. Top quality staff. Clinic strengths: they have the best techniques and use up to date procedures. Weaknesses: I honestly have no complaints. This clinic is top of the line and I can't submit this response unless it is 200 characters so I am typing more to make that requirement.
She did not have any strong preference from single vs multiple. She did educate on the risks of multiples but she was not concerned. We transferred two embryos with each transfer