9.9

590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . ... From the moment I met her [Dr. Friedman] she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go ... MJ is amazing she replies promptly to emails and calls and is such a delight to interact with
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the moment I met her she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
No advice . She is wonderfuo
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I first attended seminar with doctor Friedman and she very kindly awnsered all my questions with a good beside manner . Our interactions with her have been extremely pleasant
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . Had egg retrieval and had 14 eggs retrieved and 12 fertilized and now have 6 embryos for freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic . All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were able to fit me on for monitoring based on my schedual
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
25k for gaurenteed sucess plan
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
She advised becuase of my age and chance of multiples 1 embryo was recommended for transfer because focous is to deliver healthy babies
San Diego - Del Mar Main

My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She [Dr. Friedman] spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed. ... She really didn’t recommend any strategy besides do 3 IUI treatments and then if that didn’t work we would meet again. ... My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is clean, professional and conveniently located. ... MJ was suppose to schedule an important SHG and she didn’t. Also I never heard from Dr. Friedman after the SHG ... Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments. ... It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion. It also felt like she was very quick to prescribe clomid even though I had no problem with egg production. It seems like they don’t care if you conceive multiples.
If you want to initiate all appointments, procedures and do most of the research on your own then this is a good place. Be careful of their numbers with multiples and follow hour intuition
My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed.
Communicating with her nurse was always painful. She showed no compassion and was very confusing when it came to the next steps. It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, professional and conveniently located. Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments.
IUI is $700 a cycle
She was very fact and number focused and left the decision up to us if we do IVF.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Friedman from the start listened to all of my questions and answered them to the best of her ability. She made me feel like I was not alone. She explained everything to us and after the first failed cycle she adjusted everything in hope for a greater outcome....We visited this subject [Eset] and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr] was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in....The entire process was amazing, I had no idea what was involved and the entire team was amazing. Answered any questions I had with prompt responses. I don’t have a bad thing to say about them.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Even though you have a plan, be open to change as it never goes as expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Miller)
Danielle was amazing, she was so supportive and made me feel like no question was too dumb to ask. She went over everything in detail as I had asked. Being in the medical field I wanted to know everything. She even gave me her personal phone number if I had any questions after hours. She went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in.
The entire cost for 2 rounds of ivf and 2 retrieval’s was $39,000 not including meds. Medication was another $9,000
We visited this subject and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Sandy Chuan] also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results....I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables...so you really don't ever see the doctors...Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her...We encountered several issues with the clinic missing key medications in my protocol. In addition, we had 10 cycles where she did the exact same protocol expecting different results. It was so disappointing.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle [at San Diego Fertility Center], not including medications...They're churning people through, so you really don't ever see the doctors. The nurses are just ok but they don't actually go through your file when you first become a patient, so make sure all your medical history is up to date. SDFC failed to have us update our immunization records and we didn't know until they were 4 years out of date.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Better record keeping of medications in protocol, and not trying the same treatment 10 times when it wasn't working.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nurses really root for you but the fact that they missed medications listed in my file is inexcusable. I felt like I was tossed around from nurse to nurse and they omitted details when they communicated with each other.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle, not including medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nurses failed to add the doctor's orders to my protocol, canceling cycles twice. Dr. Chuan also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

He [Dr. Michael Kettel] was a kind doctor and was very gentle with everything however we didnt realize our risks for iui were so low due to male infertility and were told our own only option would be ivf. He said we could continue iui and hope for a miracle but our best bet was IVF. It was hard to do both iuis and then be told based on his sperm we only ever even had a very low chance with doing iui.
Beautiful clinic [at San Diego Fertility Center], very spacious, lots of rooms. They're not very good with scheduling and have only certain times they can fit you in and arent really willing to work with you. For those that work best of luck fitting this in your schedule...We had a different nurse each time and it just felt quite awkward when we couldnt just have the same nurse. It's hard repeating everything over again with a stranger.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He was a kind doctor and was very gentle with everything however we didnt realize our risks for iui were so low due to male infertility and were told our own only option would be ivf. He said we could continue iui and hope for a miracle but our best bet was IVF. It was hard to do both iuis and then be told based on his sperm we only ever even had a very low chance with doing iui.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Just be prepared to ask a lot of questions and make sure you are choosing what will actually work. We kind of feel like we wasted money trying iui twice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He was gentle with his words and very cautious with the way he presented the different treatments.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Both negative pregnancy tests. We used iui with clomid for the female along with an injection shot to trigger ovulation. We did this procedure twice. However he said the clomid we inquired about for my husband wasnt something they could do. They could only prescribe me medication.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, very spacious, lots of rooms. They're not very good with scheduling and have only certain times they can fit you in and arent really willing to work with you. For those that work best of luck fitting this in your schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
IUI out of pocket costs with medication ran about $800
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Mission Valley
Dr. Friedman answered all of my questions, took the time I needed, and was realistic about what my goals should be. She called my OBGYN to get all of the information she needed...She is very knowledgeable, kind, realistic, and has your best interest in mind. She was able to answer all of my questions, and walked me through every detail very thoroughly. She was also very positive and thoughtful, she helped me develop realistic goals and to have hope in the possibilities.
We weren’t notified by the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] when our genetic tests returned, so I had to call and get access to them. Once I did call, they were very helpful...The nursing staff was very professional. Our labs went great, and they even took our picture without needing to rush. When I called in to ask questions, they were always available and knowledgeable...financial team was helpful, and the overall consultation. experience was great.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would suggest they come with a list of questions and not be afraid to advocate for themselves.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a top of the line clinic, it’s absolutely beautiful, clean, modern, etc. They are organized and friendly, and seem to be very on top of every aspect of the business. You’re treated kindly, financial team was helpful, and the overall consultation. experience was great.
$15,740 for IVF without PGS testing and meds
She prefers single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We weren’t notified by the clinic when our genetic tests returned, so I had to call and get access to them. Once I did call, they were very helpful.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse. ... I have already referred several people to her. ... Dr Friedman said she would transfer two embryos if we really wanted twins but prefers to transfer one at a time.
Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient. ... The nursing staff is great and very good with communication. Sarah was my coordinator and she has been wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I have already referred several people to her. She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse.
Discuss all of your options and the realistic success chances for each one. They have a great donor program that might be an option.
Dr Friedman is very caring and wants the best for your family. On my first visit she told me she would do whatever it took to help us grow our family. She is a wonderful doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I’ve already recommended her [Dr. Friedman] to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us. ... She has a lovely bedside manner and we felt like she really listened to us and our concerns.
Monitoring appointments [San Diego Fertility Center] are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work. ... The downside of this clinic is that they are SO busy. That’s also the upside though, you know they’re good at what they do and that’s why they’re busy. The girls at the front desk are so lovely and the nurses are great. You can’t really go wrong here. ... I have an allergy to one of the medications and one of the nurses forgot when calling in a prescription. It wasn’t a big deal and was easily rectified.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I’ve already recommended her to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us.
You’re in great hands!
We have done so many cycles - I can’t recall the specifics anymore.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work.

2019, Consult
[Dr.] Sandy Chuan is very knowledgeable about the field. She focuses a lot on IVF and really explained statistics to us and outcomes. She was very professional but at the same time because it was a free consult not a lot of time was spent on us...Have a list of questions ready to ask so that you don’t feel rushed and forget...It felt a bit rushed...Treatment protocol was to go straight to ivf...While she has a delicate approach it seemed like her main goal was to get to IVF since I have been trying so long. Nurse
Nurse staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is great. They are very kind and are very available for questions when I had them. They make sure to call back same day and made us feel important...They don’t call with when results when they are considered normal or okay. For me this is a flaw because some of the test I looked at were alarming but that’s because I wasn’t explained to why they would show like that due to the cycle day the blood was drawn. It can send a client into panic mode when not explained or called about
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy Chuan is very knowledgeable about the field. She focuses a lot on IVF and really explained statistics to us and outcomes. She was very professional but at the same time because it was a free consult not a lot of time was spent on us. It felt a bit rushed.
Have a list of questions ready to ask so that you don’t feel rushed and forget
I feel like it was in the middle. While she has a delicate approach it seemed like her main goal was to get to IVF since I have been trying so long.
Treatment protocol was to go straight to ivf. We however have not been able to proceed because it’s roughly 25k to do it and we just don’t have the finances right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Nurse staff is great. They are very kind and are very available for questions when I had them. They make sure to call back same day and made us feel important.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think there should be some more communication with test results even if it’s good. Also answering the phone is a huge pet peeve of mine and sometimes it’s hard to get through. They are really good when you are in front of them and can answer questions very thoroughly.
Cost were really frustrating. For one single round it was roughly $12,500 which includes monitoring, add $850 for PGS testing. And roughly 10k for meds. Other option was 25k and you got 3 try’s. Plus meds and PGS testing
Temecula

Doctor [Dr. Michael Kettel] was not willing to adjust my protocol based on poor results. He had a one-size fits all approach, which does not work. He dismissed my concerns about aspects of the protocol, and referred to my aging eggs as the only cause. I am seeking IVF because of my age, and IVF is an inexact science. I expected him to be open to trying different approaches after getting poor results. He does not care if you succeed or fail - there is no empathy.
Strengths [at San Diego Fertility Center]: Excellent facility, feel like you wandered into a posh building. Does not feel like a medical center. Clinic was super organized with their billing, communication and treatment plans Weakness: Very expensive. One time bulk payment, does not charge anything to insurance. I was paying completely OOP, but other clinics charged a lot of my ongoing monitoring to my insurance...Clinic was very welcoming, always felt like a person.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor was not willing to adjust my protocol based on poor results. He had a one-size fits all approach, which does not work. He dismissed my concerns about aspects of the protocol, and referred to my aging eggs as the only cause. I am seeking IVF because of my age, and IVF is an inexact science. I expected him to be open to trying different approaches after getting poor results. He does not care if you succeed or fail - there is no empathy.
Do not expect any empathy or openness to trying different things.
Clinic was very welcoming, always felt like a person.
Antagonist and Lupron MicroFlare with BCP suppression.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Claudia)
Claudia and the rest of the nursing staff were organized, communicative and empathetic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths: Excellent facility, feel like you wandered into a posh building. Does not feel like a medical center. Clinic was super organized with their billing, communication and treatment plans Weakness: Very expensive. One time bulk payment, does not charge anything to insurance. I was paying completely OOP, but other clinics charged a lot of my ongoing monitoring to my insurance.
35,000 for 2 cycles
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
eSET only
Michael Kettel

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Park was amazing and always so clear in what the next steps were. She was kind and understanding and excited for our future...She was extremely knowledgeable and went above and beyond for us as patients. She was so clear and thorough as we were first time patience. We have since recommended her to lots of our friends! We LOVE her!
[San Diego Fertility Center] Nursing staff was wonderful! They were a little scattered when we were doing the RIVF and getting our cycles aligned with calendars and stuff, but they were very responsive when we had questions...Always very friendly and happy to see you! They were helpful in getting appointments scheduled and very flexible as things changes all the time based on cycles. We LOVE our clinic and have recommended to many friends.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in with an open mind and she will help steer you in the best/most successful direction.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
We did pay up front and insurance wasn’t billed.
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We tried with 2 embryos the first time and Dr Park discussed the chances of getting pregnant as well as the chances of twins. We felt completely knowledgeable about our options.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Calendars were hard to follow and days were off on meds in the beginning but they worked with us to get everything corrected:)
San Diego - Mission Valley

Before our first meeting, Dr. Chuan read through my entire medical file but before she provided any insights or thoughts, she had my husband and I both provide individual summaries about our multi-year journey to getting pregnant and the interventions and hurdles we can encountered. Immediately after, she provided ideas and thoughts that were tied directly back to not only the information she read but also the information we volunteered. This is important because every appointment I saw her for after that point, she always referred to specific information either from my file or from what we shared. I never felt like a number because she always tapped into the parts of me that were personal and human through the entire experience.
My treatment team [at San Diego Fertility Center] consisted of Monica and Jenn in the SDFC Temecula office. Jenn was my nurse and Monica was my Nurse Practitioner. I could not have made it through my fertility journey without them. They both were honest women that showed compassion while being direct...we did not qualify for the success guarantee package...when you are a patient and on a treatment plan, they will do EVERYTHING to accommodate you and your schedule within the constraints of their time windows for specific appointments. BEFORE you become a patient though, it can feel a little cold or business-like. What I mean by that is, as a new patient reaching out to a fertility team/office, I felt like my emotions were high and the most important thing was getting an appointment as soon as possible. When I called, it felt like I was just any other human calling and that they would fit me in when it was convenient. As soon as I became a patient and
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an incredible doctor that can present information to you that is honest and accurate but also kind at the same time. With fertility, sometimes it can feel really harsh hearing the cards you're dealt and I think Dr. Chuan walked the line of being upfront and honest with you but also knowing how to wrap the details with compassion and kindness. One thing I didn't realize going into it was that I would not see Dr. Chuan for every appointment. That didn't end up being a big deal for me since her staff was incredible and supportive BUT I know for some families, that is important and I think it should be shared if that is a concern for you as a patient.
I don't really have any. I don't think you need advice to see her. She was honest and factual with my husband and I and that was most important to me.
I don't remember the specifics BUT I do remember we skipped trying IUI with Dr. Chuan specifically. We had been working with a "natural" fertility specialist for the year leading up to deciding to go to Dr. Chuan. I had done exploratory surgeries and medications with the prior doctor that Dr. Chuan explained basically acted like IUI treatments even though they hadn't been presented that way. For that reason, Dr. Chuan recommended jumping into IVF because we had been unsuccessful thus far with the other interventions and essentially had unexplained infertility. I am dumbing this down a lot but we jumped in fast and I appreciated that because we had been trying for multiple years before that point and I was ready for answers and actions and that is what Dr. Chuan provided.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
My treatment team consisted of Monica and Jenn in the SDFC Temecula office. Jenn was my nurse and Monica was my Nurse Practitioner. I could not have made it through my fertility journey without them. They both were honest women that showed compassion while being direct. There are so many emotions when you are going through fertility and I can say having a staff that was consistently honest with me about my treatment and/or current state helped me keep my head straight and my feet on the ground and not let my imagination get the best of me. They were always available to answer questions or be the emotional support I needed when struggling through this journey. I cannot emphasize enough how important these two women were to my experience and success with this journey.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic's (Temecula - SDFC) strength is that when you are a patient and on a treatment plan, they will do EVERYTHING to accommodate you and your schedule within the constraints of their time windows for specific appointments. BEFORE you become a patient though, it can feel a little cold or business-like. What I mean by that is, as a new patient reaching out to a fertility team/office, I felt like my emotions were high and the most important thing was getting an appointment as soon as possible. When I called, it felt like I was just any other human calling and that they would fit me in when it was convenient. As soon as I became a patient and was developing relationships with the staff, it was literally like their arms opened up to me and I felt like I was taken care of constantly.
I don't remember the exact dollar amounts but we did not qualify for the success guarantee package which means that you pay a one time price for treatments (medication is never included in the cost-you pay that on your own) that I think was around $25k and you can have as many transfers as it takes to get a successful pregnancy. We ended up having to do a pay as we go program where we paid $15k which included a retrieval and transfer but since out first transfer didn't take we had to pay for a second one which I think was around $5k. Medications were probably between $6k-10k total for the retrieval and two transfers.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Chuan recommended single embryo transfer for us because of the rate of success and the fact that it is typically safer for both mom and baby. We had really wanted to do a multiple embryo transfer but we are not fertility specialists and are not well read on how the technology has changed. When she explained how much everything has improved and how much higher the chances are for implantation with a single embryo transfer, we followed her lead and guidance because we trusted her and it logically made sense.
Temecula

Dr. Park is direct, clear, and warm as the San Diego sun. She was responsive via email, made time via Skype and in person, and answered all questions (even repeated questions as I scaled my fertility learning curve) with consistent enthusiasm. Importantly, my GC felt treated like a human...As I used a donor egg and GC, much was straight-forward. However, she explained that (as of 2019), the science showed that PGT provided no advantage in a successful pregnancy or in terms of the health of the child. She was clear that from a scientific perspective, the only reason to do PGT was for sex selection, which I opted not to do.
It was Dr. Park's approach and unique energy that drew me to SDFC and grounded me throughout the experience...The staff are positive and energetic. The building is bright and welcoming...I felt a bit of a southern California veneer about many of the staff and slickness about the design of the space. It's not thick, but I felt it. I'm a 20-year New Yorker who grew up in the Midwest, and culturally, any hint of falseness makes me a bit uneasy. Rest assured, they are all highly professional, and they took very good care of me.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I met with Dr. Park twice via Skype and once in person before traveling to San Diego for treatment. Her enthusiasm for this work practically made me want to change careers and start working in fertility. When it came to choices like PGT or sex selection, she presented the facts, reasons people decide for or against, then remained neutral, leaving space for those very personal choices. She gave valuable insights throughout the process (advising on medical aspects of the GC contract, weighing potential risks of anti-nausea medication during pregnancy). I joined the transfer via Skype, and the way that she remained connected to my GC, to me, helped narrated each step, and executed the transfer was magical. I was thrilled to share photos of my newborn daughter with Dr. Park!
Dr. Park acts as a consummate professional and will treat you with caring and respect. She does not lord her expertise over you nor does she sugarcoat things or coddle you. If you need coddling, look elsewhere. If you want a smooth, caring, human process – strongly consider Dr. Park.
Dr. Park is direct, clear, and warm as the San Diego sun. She was responsive via email, made time via Skype and in person, and answered all questions (even repeated questions as I scaled my fertility learning curve) with consistent enthusiasm. Importantly, my GC felt treated like a human. Dr. Park is clearly motivated by helping people create and grow families.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
As I used a donor egg and GC, much was straight-forward. However, she explained that (as of 2019), the science showed that PGT provided no advantage in a successful pregnancy or in terms of the health of the child. She was clear that from a scientific perspective, the only reason to do PGT was for sex selection, which I opted not to do. Pregnancy and birth on first transfer, and today I have a healthy, beautiful newborn girl. Another area where we discussed treatment strategies was around genetic testing. I initially selected a first-time donor. Once the results of her genetic testing came in, we matched for a genetic variant that had a rather high likelihood of expressing as disease in a child. (The donor's particular variant was actually quite common and less problematic; mine was the one that made it tricky.) I consulted with the folks at Invitae (wonderful, btw) and with Dr. Park. She was direct, clear, and compassionate in giving me excellent information that helped me decide to go with a different egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York then Bonnie Harrison)
Sarah York was the nurse for one phase of the process. She was good – responsive, knowledgeable, organized, caring. Bonnie Harrison was the nurse for a later phase. I never met her in person or via Skype, which made communication feel a bit less connected. Otherwise, Bonnie was similarly responsive, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The staff are positive and energetic. The building is bright and welcoming. There were signs on the doors of various meeting rooms welcoming intended parents. I felt a bit of a southern California veneer about many of the staff and slickness about the design of the space. It's not thick, but I felt it. I'm a 20-year New Yorker who grew up in the Midwest, and culturally, any hint of falseness makes me a bit uneasy. Rest assured, they are all highly professional, and they took very good care of me. It was Dr. Park's approach and unique energy that drew me to SDFC and grounded me throughout the experience.
At the time (2019) San Diego gave the option of single or double embryo transfer. However, with strong embryos and a surrogate with no fertility issues, the strongly advised approach was single embryo transfer, which is what I did.

2016 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Sandy Chaun] always remembered our story, our names, and was incredibly comforting and empathetic after our first IVF baby was stillborn. She always had hope for us...We loved every chance we got to see and interact with Dr. Chuan. She was so empathetic, comforting, and calm with myself and my husband regarding our diagnosis and treatment (including the loss of our first daughter when she was stillborn). I loved her informative and truthful but compassionate manner. I highly recommend her & the entire clinic whenever anyone asks!
I loved my entire experience at SDFC. They are great at being open and honest, great communicators, compassionate, and helpful along a tough journey for any hopeful parents-to-be. I think they are wonderful in every area I came accross - from in office appts to surgery center...Jenn [nurse] was just as incredible as Dr. Chuan and always made me feel important and cared for. I would be so sad when she wasn't in office!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
To be understanding that she has a lot of patients who need her time, but that her assistant and office are wonderful as she is.
She always remembered our story, our names, and was incredibly comforting and empathetic after our first IVF baby was stillborn. She always had hope for us.
We had 4 embryo transfers and out of all 4, three resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn was just as incredible as Dr. Chuan and always made me feel important and cared for. I would be so sad when she wasn't in office!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I believe my cost for a "success guarantee" cycle was $17,000.
Temecula
Don’t be afraid to ask awkward questions. Dr friedman is open and honest and will answer your even craziest questions about any process...Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...Always felt that I was in the best care...is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely...She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable [at San Diego Fertility Center]. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they [nurses] were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free...Organized and easy to get appointments around my work schedule. My questions in person or by email were answered quickly. I liked the settings of the facility as I always felt I was cared for with privacy and compassion. Nothing to recommend to improve.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr friedman is a fantastic doctor. I felt in good hands with all 3 procedures, the last leading to a successful live birth. She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Dr friedman is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Always felt that I was in the best care
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Park was extremely nice and kind. She answered all our questions in a timely manner and always made sure that we had a full understanding of the process we were involved in, in addition to any risks associated with having twins through a surrogate...Being a male intended parent, the procedure was limited, but she was extremely nice and clear when talking to and about our surrogate...
Everything was great [at San Diego Fertility Center]. Excellent contact with the staff. Very clear instructions. And outstanding results, since we had twins and still have more embryos in storage. The facility and equipment are top quality. A very impressive team...Ca. 45,000 USD...We wanted twins and therefore transferred two embryos. It worked on the first time...
Trust her!
Dr Park was very kind and warm, in addition to being extremely clear as to what the surrogacy process involved. She also gave us all the information we needed in relation to risks associated with trying to have twins. One of the best doctors I have ever met!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great. Excellent contact with the staff. Very clear instructions. And outstanding results, since we had twins and still have more embryos in storage. The facility and equipment are top quality. A very impressive team
Ca. 45,000 USD
San Diego - Del Mar Main

While we didn’t see Dr. Friedman at every visit, I did feel that if I needed to talk to her she was easy to get in contact with. Ultimately after one unsuccessful IUI and one round of IVF we were able to have our wonderful daughter because of Dr. Friedman...We started out with an IUI because we suspected we were only dealing with male factor infertility (poor morphology, high DNA fragmentation). We also weren’t super comfortable immediately jumping into an IVF cycle, so Dr. Friedman felt an IUI or two was an appropriate first step. After 1 unsuccessful IUI (we used clomid I don’t remember if we used a trigger or not) we decided we were ready to pursue IVF. We did one round of IVF with ICSI. We also did TESE in hopes of getting around the high dna fragmentation issue. Because we had also had two naturally conceived miscarriages we opted to do PGS testing as well. From our IVF cycle we got 7 day 5-6 embryos and 2 were PGS normal. We transferred one in an FET cycle and delivered a healthy baby girl.
I was not assigned a specific nurse [at SDFC], though you get to know everyone pretty well when you’re in for monitoring nearly every day during an IVF cycle. If you find a favorite nurse, you can request to see them at each appointment. Everyone explained what was going on at each appointment and seemed to be on the same page based on my chart...We paid a flat fee for the IVF cycle and one FET cycle. The finance department was very clear and itemized what the associated costs were. Our IUI cycle was paid for by insurance. All monitoring was paid for by insurance. Medication cost was not included in the pricing for the IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Working with Dr. Friedman was great. I felt she listened to our concerns and responded appropriately. She was willing to hear our preferences and give her honest feedback as to what she thought would work best for us. We had a couple of set backs in our time At SDFC (failed IUI, cancelled FET cycle) and it was easy to make follow up appointments with Dr. Friedman to talk about next steps. While we didn’t see Dr. Friedman at every visit, I did feel that if I needed to talk to her she was easy to get in contact with. Ultimately after one unsuccessful IUI and one round of IVF we were able to have our wonderful daughter because of Dr. Friedman.
Advocate for yourself!!! SDFC is a large clinic. Dr. Friedman was always available when I needed to see her, but I also felt it was on me to follow up after each procedure to set up next steps. Do your research, ask questions and reach out when you need answers.
In working with Dr. Friedman I felt like she took in all of the information available and tailored a plan for my husband and me to have the greatest chance of success. Throughout our treatment at SDFC I felt both Dr. Friedman and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming. From the finance team to the front desk staff to the nurses and PAs, everyone was incredibly helpful and treated us kindly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
MJ was my patient coordinator. She was great at getting back in touch with me via email or phone within the same business day. If she was out of the office (this happened a couple of times) another one of the patient coordinators would respond in her place. The nursing staff were all wonderful. I was not assigned a specific nurse, though you get to know everyone pretty well when you’re in for monitoring nearly every day during an IVF cycle. If you find a favorite nurse, you can request to see them at each appointment. Everyone explained what was going on at each appointment and seemed to be on the same page based on my chart.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially getting an appointment at SDFC was difficult, and I’m still not totally sure why. It took calling 3-4 times to get an appointment set up. Once I was in though getting appointments was easy. SDFC is a large clinic which is both a strength and weakness. They see a lot of patients and have a lot of experience and multiple well regarded physicians, which I see as a strength. However because they see so many patients much of the actual day to day during a cycle is managed by the nursing staff. I was fine with this, but could see how some patients might see this as a weakness. If you want to not “feel like a number” you have to advocate for yourself and directly ask for what you need.
Dr. Friedman strongly suggested eSET which we agreed with. I was 30 at the time of embryo transfer and Dr. Friedman felt that transferring two embryos (PGS normal) would have an incredibly high chance of twins which would be harder on everyone. We completely agreed with her recommendation.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Chuan was very personable and always in a good mood which is great, but I felt like she always had some where better to be. I felt like any questions I asked were annoying to her. She had a way of just talking to my husband instead of me, like I’m not capable of understanding what she is saying but my husband is. That bothered me because I’m the one who’s body is going through this, I’m the one who should be acknowledged...she kept saying but you’re so young, if I’d known you would be a poor responder I would have kept you on the meds longer. Only 3 made it into embryos. She suggested that we only transfer 2 at most the first time so we did. The nurse at my exam found polyps in my uterus so I had to have surgery to remove those before the transfer could be done to give me the best chance of the embryos sticking. She performed my transfer and that was a nice experience, she was very friendly and warm for those. That transfer failed and I had to wait until I could come up with $4,000 more to transfer my la
I felt like the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was a well oiled machine. Not too many smiles from the nurses, seems like they just wanted to get me in and out. I don’t think they really wanted to know me as a person...If you are a same sex couple or need a surrogate, this is a great clinic for you because I later learned that is the demographic they deal with and specialize in with most. I’m not in either of those situations so I don’t feel like it benefited me at all...
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt like the clinic was a well oiled machine. Not too many smiles from the nurses, seems like they just wanted to get me in and out. I don’t think they really wanted to know me as a person.
From the beginning she told me that I shouldn’t have any trouble conceiving since I was “so young”; I was 29 going to be 30 at the time. Then my results can’t back that I have diminished ovarian reserve, which was a shock, but still she said you have age on your side you’ll be fine. I was put on clomid, gonal F and menopur injections to stimulate my ovaries. Then with the egg retrieval, which she didn’t perform another doctor did who I never met, only 5 eggs were retrieved. She was shocked when she learned that, she kept saying but you’re so young, if I’d known you would be a poor responder I would have kept you on the meds longer. Only 3 made it into embryos. She suggested that we only transfer 2 at most the first time so we did. The nurse at my exam found polyps in my uterus so I had to have surgery to remove those before the transfer could be done to give me the best chance of the embryos sticking. She performed my transfer and that was a nice experience, she was very friendly and warm for those. That transfer failed and I had to wait until I could come up with $4,000 more to transfer my last embryo. About 8 months later I started the whole process again to prepare for transfer. I was put on the usual clomid, progesterone, and estrogen, but this time I had to take triple the estrogen taking it orally, vaginally, and wearing patches since my follicles were not growing fast enough. Polyps were found again so I had to have those removed. Dr. Chuan transferred my last embryo and I Had my blood test on Christmas Eve and was told later that night it wa negative. I couldn’t get an appointment to go over my results until the first of February, which I thought was too long. When we talked she was very uncaring so different than how she was at the transfers. I asked if there anything I can do on my own to help my chances or if she could prescribe me clomid or anything to help my chances of conceiving naturally while I wait to come up with more money to do another cycle and she said no. I even asked if I should change my diet or what she recommends and she said that won’t help, there’s nothing to do. I was told I’m a poor responder but she doesn’t no why. So I’m left with more questions than answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Jenn was very thorough and was able to get me the papers and info I needed especially after when I was applying for grants. She did intimate me a little, I was scared sometimes to ask too many questions, I felt like she was annoyed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They have early hours so it made it very convenient for me to get my sonograms done and make it to work on time. The clinic is beautiful and very clean. They get stuff done really fast and get you on your way. I know they have a lot of patients and never ending cycles to treat I so I do understand how they can be rushed but it would help to still keep some warmth, compassion, and friendliness since every one coming in there is going through a very emotional process.
$13,500 for a round of IVF. $400 for hysteroscopy. $4,000 for additional transfers. $5,000 for meds.
I initially wanted to transfer all 3 of my embryos in together but she advised me that was not a good choice since I could have multiple babies and that’s dangerous for me. Which I agree was the right decision and safest approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is run very well. It might just be me personally who didn’t feel welcomed and as comfortable as I should feel. One example that made me feel like no one acknowledged or cared about me is when I had my transfer done I wore special socks that said “put that baby in me”. The doctor thought they were cute and asked if she could take a picture. I said of course. So a little while later I check their Instagram and I’m happy to see they put my picture up; only they captioned it “we love how loving and supportive our surrogates are!” I’m not a surrogate, my doctor knows that, my husband was in the room with me. So that just shows me that I’m not even important enough to remember.

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Susanna Park] listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance...a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Very modern and friendly clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see...She [nurse] was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so...Although it is one of the higher priced clinics, we felt we had value for money. We also were gifted some of our medication by the clinic which brought the costs down
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna is a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Be open and honest with her. Let her know your worries and concerns, ask her to explain anything you don't understand as she will always give you a listening ear and take on board anything you suggest. She also will always break things down to a level that you can understand.
She listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance.
in addition to the hormones, she added phospholipids, Endometrial scratch and implantation HCG. This got us pregnant first attempt with her
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
She was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very modern and friendly clinic. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see. I cannot fault it.
As we lived far away we had our USS done local to us
She will discuss your options, the pros and cons and give you her preferred option to decide. She will leave you to make an informed choice.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her.... She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).... I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized....
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours....San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols.... Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is a positive person. She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).
Keep in mind you won’t see her at every visit. However, the nurses are really nice.
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her. After deciding that my husband and I were going to try IVF, I called several other clinics. Dr. Park was the most positive of the doctors I spoke with.
For IUIs, I used Femara and a trigger shot. One IUI was canceled due to ovulating to soon while on Femara, and I did get pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn’t stick. My IvF experience, which was my last cycle, I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized. None of them made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours. I feel the communication between nurses and me, the patient, has been excellent. Another plus is that many of the nurses and the coordinators have been here for years. The staff seems very happy working for this clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols. Nurses and coordinators know what they are doing and communicate well. They have a few clinics around San Diego County, making everything more accessible. The clinics have been moved/upgraded in the past year. You feel like you are getting what you paid for. Staff seem happy to work there. Open to doing IVF patients at an older age. Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it. If you want a boutique clinic, this one isn’t for you.
San Diego Fertility Center gives you all the costs up front. Each IUI was $700, plus meds. For my IVF, I did the Success Guarantee Program. I had to qualify for it. It is $22,000 for egg Retrieval’s and any FETs after from the frozen embryos from that cycle. Being over 40, when it failed, I get 60% of that money back. I paid about $6,000 for my IVF meds. A cycle of IVF is about $12,000.
Dr. Park seems flexible with using 1, 2, or possibly 3.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Get to know [Dr. Said Daneshmand's] assistant - she's the key to his calendar!...I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos...very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Michelle [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way...Driving to San Diego was tough, but luckily I was able to go to a satellite clinic in Temecula which cut my driving time down by half. They all took the time to get to know me and all staff, from the front desk, to the phlebotomist to the nurse and doctor, were all fantastic.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Daneshmand has found his calling and true passion in life. I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos. He's a personable guy that makes you feel very important and at ease. Whenever I had a question he was only a phone call away and the day of the transfer I felt so comfortable in his care. He explained the procedure from start to finish before we even started. The intended parent had so many questions and he took the time to answer each and every one, as if he had all the time in the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Get to know his assistant - she's the key to his calendar! :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I only met Dr. Daneshmand for the FET, he was personable and available by phone whenever I needed him. He walked me through several potential miscarriage scares and always put me at ease during the process.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Estradiol tablets and Progesterone in Fish Oil - very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Walsh)
Michelle was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He recommended 2-embryos be transferred with a 70% success rate that one would take (which is exactly what happened).
Said Daneshmand
Temecula

Dr Friedman is the best. She is committed to helping patients build their families, she is open to new suggestions and ideas if you have them from your own research. She is extremely supportive and knowledgeable and we felt confident in her ability to advise us.... Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time.
This clinic is wonderful. I went through multiple rounds of IVF with my own eggs and now am moving to a donor- when I first moved to a donor I researched all of the clinics in the Us that had an in house donor program and SDFC is by far the best. This is a clean, friendly, high end clinic that treats you like an individual and a priority. I recommend this clinic to people whenever possible.... Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I feel like this is a repetitive question as I just wrote an answer to this question about Dr Friedman. Dr Friedman has been very supportive through all of my fertility treatments. I was her patient for IVF only and she always made my husband and myself very comfortable in her knowledge of what we were going through. One of the first things she told us was that she was there to help us build our family and that really put our minds at ease. Dr Friedman was always open to discussing options that I had read about and was able to definitively give her opinions on the best course of action for me. Dr Friedman was also available to communicate with by email so if I had any questions I could ask her directly at any time. I would trust Dr Friedman with my life and recommend to anyone looking for an amazing fertility doctor.
Don’t be afraid to ask all of your questions even ones that seem crazy or far out there! Dr Friedman was really patient answering questions about many different protocols I had read about and it made me feel confident in the protocol we ended up going with because I understood and wasn’t second guessing myself.
My first cycle started with BCP and went on to add Menopur, Gonal F and then Cetrotide. I had 7 eggs retrieved with 6 mature. One highly graded blast and it was abnormal. For my second cycle we intended to prep with Estrace but I ended up with large ovarian cysts. My second cycle also resulted in one abnormal embryo but less eggs. For this one I wish we had waited longer to make sure the cysts were not affecting the cycle at all.
Nursing staff was wondering. Always friendly and encouraging and professional.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Each cycle is about $13k plus medications- my meds were over $10K per cycle.
My doctor will allow me to transfer 2 embryos if we want twins but we need to sign off that we understand the risks. Given her advice I think k we will only transfer one however for prospective parents that want twins. Dr Friedman will allow 2.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

SD Fertility is a well-oiled machine. They have a beautiful facility and many of the MAs and nurses have been there for a long time. I have always had a good experience with communication and visits. The front office staff, MAs, and ultrasound nurses are great.... She [Dr. Friedman] calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.... Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner and is positive and encouraging without being overly optimistic. She will spend the time to answer all of your questions without making you feel like a number at the clinic and always remembered things about our past treatment even when significant time had passed. She is open to altering plans and treatments if things don't work the first time. She always responds to emails and calls with important news, whether it is good or bad. I appreciate this especially considering many clinics have the nurses call with results.
Generally, I would do your research but trust her knowledge. After going through a couple years of IVF, I know a lot more now than I did when I first started. Be informed with any protocol and treatments that any doctor gives you so you know what questions to ask, but remember that they have had years of training and trust that they are doing what is in your best interest.
Dr. Friedman took the time to explain aspects of treatments with us, answered our questions without making us feel as though we shouldn't ask them, and always weighed pros and cons with us. She was quick to answer emails and when we had questions that were too long to be answered via email, was always willing to set up a phone appointment with us. She calls patients with good or bad news herself (not her nursing staff). She was warm and truly cares about her patients.
The first retrieval round was standard with 250 gonal f, 75 menopur, and centrotide with an HCG co-trigger, second round we changed the protocol due to egg quality and decreased the gonal f and added HGH for part of the cycle with a lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Costs are more expensive than other clinics.
Dr. Friedman strongly prefers ESET for PGS tested embryos. She is open to transferring more, but prefers ESET. I don't know what she would recommend for non-PGS tested embryos.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Park is very reassuring. She's also pretty straight forward which we appreciate. I always leave the office feeling like we have a plan or a next step. I needed a surgery and she went to much trouble to get it scheduled for us.... We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff [San Diego Fertility Center] and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Take notes! Don't feel bad about asking for further information or more direction if you are having trouble making a decision about your treatment.
Dr. Park is helpful, informative and has always been very positive with us. We definitely went into our first consultation very nervous and came out feeling reassured that we will end up with a happy healthy baby.
We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort. We moved onto blood tests and a SA - all came back good, slightly low-normal morph for my husband. An HSG and MRI was scheduled to confirm the septum. I was then scheduled for a HSC to resect the septum, and an SIS post surgery. Within 1 month of the surgery, we were able to start our first medicated IUI cycle. She is pretty understanding of our needs and wants - she can appreciate that we are older (35 and 38) and are very ready for a healthy pregnancy so she recommended we start with the IUI cycles, even though with my now "normal" uterus we could just continue trying naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria / Hanna Mulloy)
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they respond to all the emails I send asking questions without it seeming like I am bugging them!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had some issues scheduling a hsyteroscopy - mainly I had questions about the cycle day the surgery was going to fall on - and was relying on the scheduler to confirm details with the doctor. I was informed all was well, but on the day of the surgery, my doctor had not been informed of my concerns. Thankfully, all turned out well.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Friedman seems to be knowledgable and caring. However, often times we didn't feel as though she wanted to dive into the 'why' of a situation or explain treatment or options thoroughly, and we felt as though we annoying when we asked any questions. It could have just been a bad fit, but we felt a lot like we couldn't ask questions without feeling judged.... because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time.
The physical office space [San Diego Fertility Ctr] is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is very busy. She travels quite a bit. She definitely has a sweet nature, but also one that doesn't seem to have patience for too many questions. It can be tough to talk with her.
As a whole, Dr. Friedman is very nice. However, that nice-ness comes off quite unauthentic. She is pretty quick in all meetings, calls, procedures - so while very nice, sweet bedside manner, due to the unauthenticity of that nice manner, and the quickness to get to the next thing, you often feel like just a number.
IUIs were all the same with use of letrozole, due to my production of follicles. The were all BFN, and it was the same protocol every time. For the IVF, it was stimulatin with gonal f, menopur, clomid, cetritide, and a lupron trigger. the FETs were estridial, progesterone, 3 days of antibiotics, 3 days of prednisone, baby aspirin, and the first one had lupron mini dose and letrozole.
The medical assistant that was in charge of coordinating our care continually would forget who we were (kept asking for name and date of birth via email after a year's worth of care), would mix up protocols, results, and forget to submit certain forms. Also, would give misinformation on the costs of certain things. While she was nice to your face, it also felt forced, and the misinformation almost messed up our cycles. However, the rest of the nursing staff was nice and well informed, and generally helpful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The physical office space is very nice and stylish. Everything seems to date, and the lab seems extremely knowledgable. The front desk ladies and the nursing staff is very nice, helpful, and usually very willing to talk through questions with you. However, there are several people that work there that make it uncomfortable to ask questions. You often feel like they are too busy to answer questions, or you are viewed stupid for asking those questions.
IUIs cost around $1500; IVF was around $13K + Medication for cash pay, subsequent FET was $4K + meds
because our embryos were PGS tested normal, she only wanted to do one at a time. she said there wasn't much chance of helping increaseing the number of embryos, but it did increase the chance of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
When a new medicine was prescribed or changes made to a protocol, such as adding clomid to the stimulation for IVF, the negatives and side effects were not discussed, as well as how it could push out the timeline of the overall process. Additionally, bloodwork was done, and determined that I needed some extra medicine. No one called me to discuss the medication or what my tests showed - they simply handed me a prescription to be filled.