11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

She [Dr. Park] is extremely knowledgeable advanced up to date with latest technologies and approachable...It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care...he always proposes a single embryo transfer but adapts to a unique situation and improvises. She's always willing to find out of the box solutions....
they [San Diego Fertility Center] are excellent and familiar with third party reproduction...They have an inhouse egg donor team which was a delight work with...They [nurses] have kept me up to date on every appointment setback and future plan of action. Sarah, is the one that stood with us through our extremely challenging time....
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
SDFC is incredible. As an international intended parent so far away there communication has been commendable. Dr. Park is remarkable also she is lovely and assuring to speak with at every appointment. It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care. I highly recommend becoming her patient! They truly made our dream to be parents come true
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is extremely knowledgeable advanced up to date with latest technologies and approachable. She understands how difficult this journey has been. She will see you through right till the end. excellent ant communication and always has a ready back up plan
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
we had 2 cancelled transfers with our surrogate because of lining issues. we did a natural protocol which was delayed because the body was storing estrogen from the previous cycle. She insisted we continue the cycle and as per her recommendation our lovely surrogate is pregnant with twins
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: SARAH YORK )
they are brilliant with every update and questions. They have kept me up to date on every appointment setback and future plan of action. Sarah, is the one that stood with us through our extremely challenging time. this is something coming from somebody who lives on completely opposite time zones
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
they are excellent and familiar with third party reproduction. They have a system in place and know what they are doing. They have an inhouse egg donor team which was a delight work with. There recommendations are trustworthy and very good. They are a little more expensive. But worth every penny if you would ask me
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
about 50 k usd
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
she always proposes a single embryo transfer but adapts to a unique situation and improvises. She's always willing to find out of the box solutions
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps...clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
All the nursing and support staff were amazing [at San Diego Fertility Center] - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Trust the process and ask any questions you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps. Additionally, her support staff was amazing. The amount of information can be overwhelming, but they were so organized and able to help us stay on top of everything we needed to do.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Stimulation protocols for egg retrieval included Menopur and Gonal-F, with increased doses of Menopur as we got closer to egg retrieval. We used cetrotide for ~5 days, and then Ovidrel (preferred to Pregnyl by insurance) to stimulate ovulation. With both cycles, follicles grew as expected, though a little slower the second time around. Each time I had ~8 follicles available. We retrieved 6 on cycle one, resulting in 4 embryos, of which 2 were good quality after PGS. The second cycle was even more successful than expected, retrieving 7 eggs, 4 embryos making it to the blastocyst stage, and all 4 with positive PGS results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli; Jenn Hoffman)
All the nursing and support staff were amazing - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful at being organized and breaking everything down simply to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed. It was always easy to schedule an appointment. All the staff were great to work with and had great bedside manner. Special shout out to Laura Dunn who helped us navigate through insurance and billing. Everything seemed to go very smoothly for us; SDFC staff work very well together as a team. I especially like their approach of discussing cases between the various reproductive endocrinologists to get the best results for their patients. I have some friends that received care through other clinics, which they did not recommend I use due to issues with not feeling cared for, heard, and questionable billing practices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Prepaid cash price for 2 egg retrievals (with PGS for 8 embryos) and one embryo transfer: $31,556 Total out of pocket cost was lower due to services covered by insurance
San Diego - Del Mar Main

From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. ... She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. I am terrified of needles and she adjusted my cycles to ensure the least amount of injections were necessary to get the most favorable result - and always gave me the risk involved of such adjustments. She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome. She truly changed our life and I am forever grateful to her and the staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be honest about your fears / expectations / desires / needs, etc. and know that she will give you completely honest and tailored advice every step of the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman, my nurse MJ and the entire staff became more like my friends/family than doctors and nurses. These wonderful people took an active interest in my progress and my emotional state throughout the entire process and I still keep in touch with them today.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I really wanted to transfer two embryos because I would have preferred to double my chances of a viable pregnancy and felt having twins would potentially relieve me of having to go through any future IVF cycles. Dr. Friedman strongly advised against this taking into account my body type, my extremely active lifestyle, anxious personality, and the excellent rating of my embryos and one embryo was all I needed!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
MJ was the BEST nurse and care coordinator I could ever have been assigned. I am extremely terrified of needles and she personally came to my home to administer all injections throughout my cycles. She kept me completely informed of everything happening and I received all test results in a timely manner. She become part of our family and I miss working with her dearly!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Having first been to an infertility doctor at a hospital, SDFC was a breath of fresh air. The clinic was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
I paid upfront for a full IVF cycle which included all costs except medications. This provided me with the ability to visit the clinic without having to ever provide additional payment at each visit.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Please see my previous answer.

Investor
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls...Dr. Park is very friendly and articulate. She connected me also to several agencies for surrogate mothers. I chose one of the agencies she recommended and have been very happy also. I trust Dr. Park 100% and would recommend her to anyone.
I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here...I can expect to receive a very detailed report after each procedure/clinical visit. I was very impressed by the clinic and how well it is organized. I am very happy and confident my surrogate mother will be treated nicely by the nurse team there.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be ready for a great experience! :)
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls. I am very grateful that Dr. Park is helping me realize my dreams!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was referred to SDFC by another friend, who had a great experience. I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Don’t be afraid to ask awkward questions. Dr friedman is open and honest and will answer your even craziest questions about any process...Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...Always felt that I was in the best care...is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely...She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable [at San Diego Fertility Center]. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they [nurses] were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free...Organized and easy to get appointments around my work schedule. My questions in person or by email were answered quickly. I liked the settings of the facility as I always felt I was cared for with privacy and compassion. Nothing to recommend to improve.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr friedman is a fantastic doctor. I felt in good hands with all 3 procedures, the last leading to a successful live birth. She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Dr friedman is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Always felt that I was in the best care
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I trust her [Dr. Susanna Park] and was comfortable with her every step of the way...caring, friendly, and attentive to our needs. She explained the concerns we had and did so in a way that we could understand from our non-medical backgrounds...doesn’t recommend any treatment or medicine if there is no Science behind it...I asked her if I can transfer two embryos...told me it’s totally up to me but she doesn’t recommend it due to expected risk or complication throughout the pregnancy.
Organized and clean and warm and the entire team [at San Diego Fertility Center] are friendly...The lab team are the best...Professional and they respond to our questions all the time...The people that return calls at midnight are helpful, friendly, and ensure they called us back in the morning to see if things had changed and didn't just forget about us.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is an a very knowledgeable doctor and she doesn’t recommend any treatment or medicine if there is no Science behind it . She took the times several times to explain each protocol and advise accordingly . I trust her and was comfortable with her every step of the way .
She will do her best and use her utmost knowledge to get you to your Dream of having a Baby .
She have brought us one step closer to our dream of having a family. From our many meetings sitting down with her ,asking a TON of questions, and expressing multiple concerns she was caring, friendly, and attentive to our needs. She explained the concerns we had and did so in a way that we could understand from our non-medical backgrounds. She were always cheerful and happy, and even during our first unsuccessful cycle you were empathic to our pain. She then offered us options that you believed in, concerns in those options we brought up that did not have scientific independent verification, and ultimately those options she supported resulted in a successful pregnancy.
She advised to start having antibiotics for 14 days before my transfer . Changed my diet ( gluten free . Diary free . Sugar free ) advised to have acupuncture . Kept me on progesterone shots and estrogens pills . Adjusted my daily supplements ( baby aspirin - prenatals and Vitamin D)
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hanna Malloy )
Nursed helped us understand our symptoms and what was OK and not OK in our journey. The people that return calls at midnight are helpful, friendly, and ensure they called us back in the morning to see if things had changed and didn't just forget about us. You answered our medicine questions, understood our prescription needs, and when we needed thing adjusted (1" needles vice 1.5" comes to mind) you remedied our concerns immediately to help us have a better experience during these stressful times.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It’s the best clinic . Organized and clean and warm and the entire team are friendly . The lab team are the best . Professional and they respond to our questions all the time . I don’t think there is any weakness in this clinic .
I have done two cycles . First IVF cycle I paid 30K ( includes egg retrieval , Generic testing . Embryo transfer . ICSI surgery for my husband . Not including meds . Second cycle I only paid for the second embryo transfer and it cost me another 5000$
During the time preparing for my transfer , I asked her if I can transfer two embryos . She told me it’s totally up to me but she doesn’t recommend it due to expected risk or complication throughout the pregnancy.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Chaun] is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr...always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever...Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn [nurse] was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr.Chuan is hands down an amazing Dr. She is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr.
This process may not be as easy as you think. Things may not go the way you had planned. Along the way, there’s stuff/issues you may find out about yourself and your body that you weren’t prepared for. Try to go in with an open mind and trust the process and trust the path Dr.Chuan takes you down. She has learned your body and she’s the best person to get you to your goal of having a baby.
Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman have been amazing with us. They both always were comforting and sincere every time I saw them. They always were upfront and honest with every question I had, even if it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. They both always went above and beyond to make my husband and I feel comfortable with the not always so comfortable process of IVF. Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Hoffman made our IVF journey as comforting as possible. She is always easy to reach and ready for any questions we have. Jenn is compassionate and truly cares about how I’m doing, how I’m feeling, and making sure I always have what I need. Jenn stuck by my side when I found out I was miscarrying on our first IVF cycle. My husband couldn’t go into the clinic, because of covid, so it was comforting having Jenn by my side. Im very excited that I am being promoted to the OB but I can honestly say that I will miss seeing Jenn and Dr.Chuan along the rest of our pregnancy journey. I couldn’t thank them enough!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The front office is amazing. The girls up front are always so sweet and accommodating. They always answer the phones when I call to ask questions or when I need to make appointments. The staff downstairs in the clinic area are wonderful as well. Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever and are very happy with the experience we’ve had with them the last 2 years. Thank you SDFC!

2018 - 2020, Successful
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park at SDFC did everything she could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness...caring at a human level to an extent above what anyone could expect...being proactive and reaching out to us.
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park and her team at SDFC did everything they could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness...Our surrogate also had a great experience working with SDFC...Very professional attitude, attentive towards and not treating this as a business relation despite of course money is involved. Very quickly responsive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park and her team at SDFC did everything they could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness. Dr. Park has been caring at a human level to an extent above what anyone could expect, and she provided us with professional advice whenever we reached out to her - as well as being proactive and reaching out to us. The warmest recommendations from us!
Dr Park was genuine, attentive, treated us warmly - while being at the highest academic level. We spoke to a number of other fertility doctors until we chose to work with Dr Park at SDFC - no one was at this level.
Having a baby through surrogacy is a long, complicated and emotional journey. Dr. Susanna Park at SDFC did everything she could to help us along the way, both in form of professional assistance at the highest level as well as personal support and attentiveness. Dr. Park has been caring at a human level to an extent above what anyone could expect, and she provided us with professional advice whenever we reached out to her - as well as being proactive and reaching out to us. The warmest recommendations from us!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very professional attitude, attentive towards and not treating this as a business relation despite of course money is involved. Very quickly responsive. Our surrogate also had a great experience working with SDFC.
For the full process, 55K usd, excluding egg donor. Egg donor was 10K. After two negative pregnancy results, we upgraded to an 'unlimited transfer' plan for additionally 10K.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I met her [Dr. Susanna Park] at a conference where her well thought out speech and presentation got my attention...exceeded my expectations regarding communication and how up front she was about the process (both good and bad). Her follow up was amazing...I did have a miscarriage and after that, [She] was sympathetic but also very clear on things I could do for the next one though nothing was a guarantee. Scratching the uterine lining, taking meds before to help, etc. and through those strategies the next transfer was successful...
They [San Diego Fertility Center] provide great options for this process to make it as affordable or as reassured as they can be. They have great staff who knows what to do and how to treat their patience like family as opposed to just another customer...[Dr. Susanna Park] followed up, kept great communication with me and was always very honest about what was going on
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I only saw great strengths with Dr. Park. I met her at a conference where her well thought out speech and presentation got my attention. She exceeded my expectations regarding communication and how up front she was about the process (both good and bad). Her follow up was amazing and just pure knowledge of what she does was un-questionable.
Enjoy every minute of it and be ready to be kept in the loop with everything throughout the process!
She has truly made me feel like family and for that, I am forever grateful. She followed up, kept great communication with me and was always very honest about what was going on
Dr. Park always had the steps that needed to be done throughout the process. I did have a miscarriage and after that, Dr. Park was sympathetic but also very clear on things I could do for the next one though nothing was a guarantee. Scratching the uterine lining, taking meds before to help, etc. and through those strategies the next transfer was successful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were warm and kind, very attentive to what was needed and were clear on the steps and what was coming next and what to expect.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic has only strengths. They provide great options for this process to make it as affordable or as reassured as they can be. They have great staff who knows what to do and how to treat their patience like family as opposed to just another customer.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was out of state so did not do the monitoring appointments there
Around 40k
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation...She had excellent bedside manner, took the time necessary to explain things and answer all questions. She was well-versed on my laden factor 5 and knew what was necessary. She also took the extra time during the embryo transfer to make sure I didn't feel rushed and had me drink a bunch of water to have my bladder put pressure on my cervix. This allowed for a more accurate transfer.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive [at San Diego Fertility Center]!...It is a beautiful, state of the art, private clinic. It really helped make this whole experience more enjoyable! Everyone was always very pleasant and helpful and I never had to wait very long to be seen or get an appointment...She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman was a wonderful Doctor! So much so, my husband and I just contacted her about trying for #2! She is extremely patient and caring. She also explains everything to me and my husband but gives us the choice after presenting all the facts.
Fertility issues can be really challenging for many different reasons but you are in great hands!
She treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't remember. I do know we had insurance coverage for one of the embryo transfers though.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding. When I had concerns she did her best to make me feel better about them. She was honest and caring...The first two cycles included hormone treatments. For the third we tried the same approach, but my body wasn't responding so we ended up doing a natural cycle...Dr. Park explained everything to me in an easy to understand manner. She knew the details of our file, including the names of the twins we loss from the first cycle...
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is great! They were very compassionate and professional. They definitely made me feel comfortable...It was always clean, especially during the pandemic, they did their best to ensure the safety of the patients. The clinic was very professional and the staff was very friendly...Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding. When I had concerns she did her best to make me feel better about them. She was honest and caring! She made me feel like she wanted the best for us. After we lost our twins from the first cycle, she insisted that we give it some time for me to heal even though I didn't want to wait. At the time if felt like torture, but later I understood the reasoning and I am glad we followed her guidance.
Trust the process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great! They were very compassionate and professional. They definitely made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was great. It was always clean, especially during the pandemic, they did their best to ensure the safety of the patients. The clinic was very professional and the staff was very friendly!

2021, Successful
Dr Park is very warm and positive and explains everything in detail...Although she is very busy she always found time when we needed her. She has a team that works very well together. She understand the fears and concerns of the patients and always leaves you with a positive feeling...she is very easy going and clear and precise at the same time....
as non-US residents we were recommended [by San Diego Fertility Center] to do a singleton transfer rather than twins. The reason was that twins have a higher risk of premature birth which can create medical costs that are not covered by the health insurance if you are not a US citizen...egg retrieval, ICSI, embryo freezing, surrogate preparation, embryo transfer. all in approx. 40k$...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was always there for us. Although she is very busy she always found time when we needed her. She has a team that works very well together. She understand the fears and concerns of the patients and always leaves you with a positive feeling.
You can completely relax as she is very easy going and clear and precise at the same time.
Dr Park is very warm and positive and explains everything in detail.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
strengths: own egg donor database (saves agency costs) great communication (you do not solely rely on the agency as far as communication is concerned). outstanding lab facilities. no weaknesses identified
as non-US residents we were recommended to do a singleton transfer rather than twins. The reason was that twins have a higher risk of premature birth which can create medical costs that are not covered by the health insurance if you are not a US citizen.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!...She was great at explaining to you risks vs benefits of multiple embryo transfer...would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Overall our experience was great [at San Diego Fertility Centerr]. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!...Jenn was AMAZING and so helpful to me all the time! She still is :) I couldn’t ask for a better nurse than Jenn!!...Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!
Trust her!
Dr Chuan was my favorite! And her staff. They were always so warm and helpful. Dr Chuan would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall our experience was great. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!
We probably spent a total of almost 100k
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Park was extremely nice and kind. She answered all our questions in a timely manner and always made sure that we had a full understanding of the process we were involved in, in addition to any risks associated with having twins through a surrogate...Being a male intended parent, the procedure was limited, but she was extremely nice and clear when talking to and about our surrogate...
Everything was great [at San Diego Fertility Center]. Excellent contact with the staff. Very clear instructions. And outstanding results, since we had twins and still have more embryos in storage. The facility and equipment are top quality. A very impressive team...Ca. 45,000 USD...We wanted twins and therefore transferred two embryos. It worked on the first time...
Trust her!
Dr Park was very kind and warm, in addition to being extremely clear as to what the surrogacy process involved. She also gave us all the information we needed in relation to risks associated with trying to have twins. One of the best doctors I have ever met!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great. Excellent contact with the staff. Very clear instructions. And outstanding results, since we had twins and still have more embryos in storage. The facility and equipment are top quality. A very impressive team
Ca. 45,000 USD

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Freidman was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one....prefers single embryo transfer each time...Very soft spoken and great bed side manner...willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple...truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic! Ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to speak your mind with treatment ideas.
Overall the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in...They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very soft spoken and great bed side manner. Always lends a listening ear and is willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple. She truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic!
when meeting with Dr. Freidman she was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one.
Our first frozen embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy. For the second transfer she modified the medications to try and better suited my specific needs. We added in Femara and Lupron. Unfortunately my second transfer did not result in a pregnancy either. Moving forward she is going to do the ERA biopsy and the ReceptivaDX biopsy to see if there is something we might be missing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ no longer works for the clinic, but when we had her she was awesome. Super friendly and always responded quickly to emails and phone calls with any questions or concerns we had.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in.
I don’t remember exact costs, but ivf was expensive. They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
She prefers single embryo transfer each time.
San Diego - Mission Valley

So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.
San Diego - Mission Valley

She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. ... Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult. ... I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
They [San Diego Fertility Center] made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. ... They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. ... Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. ...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
Don't go, there are several better doctors in San Diego.
They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. I chose another doctor eventhough they were out of network.
I did two fairly low dose clomid IUI cycles. She should have advised against these based on my numbers. Although I didnt proceed with IVF she had me on birth control pills and was planning a very high dosage of medication, nearly $10k worth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had a different nurse every time. I had no one I could go to with questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very beautiful offices, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they showed little compassion to their patients. Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. They made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult.
The IUI were about $400 each and the IVF cycle would have cost me nearly $20k with them being in-network. The medication would have cost $10k.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They told me that I had a certain amount of insurance coverage but that amount changed when it came down to starting the cycle.
San Diego - Mission Valley

There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. ... She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. ... I thought this probably should have been mentioned. Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff!
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. ... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They were quick to respond to my emails and made sure to check on me after each procedure. During both IVF procedures the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff! However, we do wish we were able to meet with her more often instead of the nurses. She was also compassionate to our situation because we did not get the best results.
Eventhough the initial consult might be very informative ask questions to make sure you understand completely. Also expect not to see Dr. Park that often. We spoke to her over the phone more than in person.
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. l had 2 IVF cycles and only actually met with her twice before having both procedures, once at our initial consult and once after l got pregnant naturally and miscarried.
Our initial appointment with Dr. Park was great. She was recommended to us by my OB after my second miscarriage. She was thorough and kind and we came up with a game plan to try one more time naturally while on progesterone before moving on to any other treatments. After we miscarried a 3rd time we met with her a second time to talk about testing. She did an ultrasound and determined l was most likely experiencing poor egg quality. After receiving our test results back she really felt it was my poor egg quality that was the issue and we should do 2 rounds of IVF. We paid for both rounds of IVF up front which is around $30,000. We next met with a coordinator to talk about the medications l would be taking during the first round of IVF. She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. I questioned the nurse to make sure this is correct and she confirmed this is the protocol Dr. Park decided for me. I thought this probably should have been mentioned. During this round we retrieved 5 eggs 2 were mature and both fertilized but were very poor quality and did not make it. After this failed we had a phone call with Dr. Park where she explained the next round would be a full kitchen sink round with lots of medications including growth hormones. This round went better and we retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature 4 fertilized but none of our embryos made it again. So after 2 rounds of IVF we were left with nothing. I had a follow up call with Dr. Park and she was compansionate but it was clear these results were not great and we did not know exactly why. She suggested taking a step back and trying acupuncture to maybe improve my egg quality.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. When you have gone through so much already and make the difficult decision to move ahead with 2 rounds of IVF you want to feel that care.
For two rounds of IVF (Mini Stim and Kitchen Sink protocol- which there is no difference in the actual procedure) and PGS testing (which we never got to) we paid around $27,000 upfront to the clinic the same day we had our first ultrasound and blood work. Medications are not included in this number. Because we did not make it to PGS testing we were refunded for that portion.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wish I was explained the protocol better for my first round of IVF. I mini stim is very different from a normal protocol or a "kitchen sink protocol" and I felt I should have been better informed by my Dr.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her.... She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).... I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized....
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours....San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols.... Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is a positive person. She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).
Keep in mind you won’t see her at every visit. However, the nurses are really nice.
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her. After deciding that my husband and I were going to try IVF, I called several other clinics. Dr. Park was the most positive of the doctors I spoke with.
For IUIs, I used Femara and a trigger shot. One IUI was canceled due to ovulating to soon while on Femara, and I did get pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn’t stick. My IvF experience, which was my last cycle, I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized. None of them made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours. I feel the communication between nurses and me, the patient, has been excellent. Another plus is that many of the nurses and the coordinators have been here for years. The staff seems very happy working for this clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols. Nurses and coordinators know what they are doing and communicate well. They have a few clinics around San Diego County, making everything more accessible. The clinics have been moved/upgraded in the past year. You feel like you are getting what you paid for. Staff seem happy to work there. Open to doing IVF patients at an older age. Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it. If you want a boutique clinic, this one isn’t for you.
San Diego Fertility Center gives you all the costs up front. Each IUI was $700, plus meds. For my IVF, I did the Success Guarantee Program. I had to qualify for it. It is $22,000 for egg Retrieval’s and any FETs after from the frozen embryos from that cycle. Being over 40, when it failed, I get 60% of that money back. I paid about $6,000 for my IVF meds. A cycle of IVF is about $12,000.
Dr. Park seems flexible with using 1, 2, or possibly 3.
San Diego - Mission Valley

We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error...Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate...She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Park has great bed side manner, she makes you feel very comfortable and not like a number...she explains things very well. Listens to my concerns, and is open to any other suggestions I may have. I always leave her office feeling like there is a plan in place...Started with a couple IUIs as we had conceived once naturally, and then knew we wanted to be aggressive and go right on to IVF.
We did the money back guaranteed program which was $25k but got a good military discount. PGS testing was another $4k...SDFC is a well oiled machine. They have multiple office that can be helpful when you work and live in different areas. The facilities are great and super clean and up to date. Scheduling is very easy and they communicate very well. The only weakness I have is that you may get passed around to different nurses, but that also helps to get you appointments when you need them...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I am really pleased seeing Dr. Park, she explains things very well. Listens to my concerns, and is open to any other suggestions I may have. I always leave her office feeling like there is a plan in place
She will answer all of your questions, so come prepared with anything you want to run by her.
Started with a couple IUIs as we had conceived once naturally, and then knew we wanted to be aggressive and go right on to IVF. I have an auto immune disorder, so she made sure to stay in contact with my endo to ensure my levels were where they needed to be. Waiting transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very pleasant and as you go to more appointments you get to know them. There are quite a few you may have interactions with, but that is because it is a big clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
No strong preference, but we only want to transfer one at a time
San Diego - Mission Valley

[Dr. Susanna Park] She’s positive and hopeful, and very smart, but I feel like there could have been a better exchange of protocol and procedure specifically to my diagnosis...She will transfer multiple embryos and abnormal embryos. I like this aspect of Dr. Park. We are grown adults making the grown decisions for ourselves and our future . She gives us all the information to make an informed decision.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Great office. Great receptionist. Beautiful, high tech facility. They are professional and knowledgeable. They see a lot of patients of all kinds. They are doing a good job. If you need a lot of coddling, you may want another clinic...[nursing staff] They were busy. I had to reach out, but they always answered my questions in a timely, friendly e mail and were kind and knowledgeable when I went to my appointments.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She’s positive and hopeful, and very smart, but I feel like there could have been a better exchange of protocol and procedure specifically to my diagnosis. I also think they should heavily promote supplements, which they don’t. I had to learn and advocate on my own.
Ask for all the ways in which she feels egg quality could go up! Know the statistics 💯.
She’s very popular and busy in this big city, so I know we are one of many, but once in her office we always felt we had her full attention.
I don’t remember. I’m sorry.
Approx $40,000
She trusts her patients to make the best decisions for themselves. She will transfer multiple embryos and abnormal embryos. I like this aspect of Dr. Park. We are grown adults making the grown decisions for ourselves and our future . She gives us all the information to make an informed decision.
San Diego - Mission Valley

He [Dr. Michael Kettel] was a kind doctor and was very gentle with everything however we didnt realize our risks for iui were so low due to male infertility and were told our own only option would be ivf. He said we could continue iui and hope for a miracle but our best bet was IVF. It was hard to do both iuis and then be told based on his sperm we only ever even had a very low chance with doing iui.
Beautiful clinic [at San Diego Fertility Center], very spacious, lots of rooms. They're not very good with scheduling and have only certain times they can fit you in and arent really willing to work with you. For those that work best of luck fitting this in your schedule...We had a different nurse each time and it just felt quite awkward when we couldnt just have the same nurse. It's hard repeating everything over again with a stranger.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He was a kind doctor and was very gentle with everything however we didnt realize our risks for iui were so low due to male infertility and were told our own only option would be ivf. He said we could continue iui and hope for a miracle but our best bet was IVF. It was hard to do both iuis and then be told based on his sperm we only ever even had a very low chance with doing iui.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Just be prepared to ask a lot of questions and make sure you are choosing what will actually work. We kind of feel like we wasted money trying iui twice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
He was gentle with his words and very cautious with the way he presented the different treatments.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Both negative pregnancy tests. We used iui with clomid for the female along with an injection shot to trigger ovulation. We did this procedure twice. However he said the clomid we inquired about for my husband wasnt something they could do. They could only prescribe me medication.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, very spacious, lots of rooms. They're not very good with scheduling and have only certain times they can fit you in and arent really willing to work with you. For those that work best of luck fitting this in your schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
IUI out of pocket costs with medication ran about $800
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding.... After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
This clinic [SD Fertility Center] goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.... The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
San Diego - Mission Valley

For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion...Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
Their weaknesses [San Diego Fertility Center] would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule...The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate...IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000...For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).