9.9

590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

I honestly can’t say anything about him. ... He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications. ... I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. ... I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there.
I felt like I was tossed around and no one [San Diego Fertility Center] had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. ... I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. ... The staff, especially the donor coordinator, were amazing. The donor coordinator is the reason we initially became patients at the clinic and she continued to be excellent to work with throughout our time there. We had a pretty big issue come up regarding our donor, and she personally called us and worked with us to make sure we were okay with the outcome of future cycles.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I honestly can’t say anything about him. I can’t even tell you what he looked like, aside from seeing his picture on the website. We loved out of town and traveled for treatment, but even when I went for my transfer, he did not perform my transfer. Another doctor, who was perfectly lovely, did the procedure.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be prepared to stay on top of your own case. He is not very present and seems to rely on his nursing staff to do most, of not all, of his communications.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I never met Dr. Kettle. I spoke with him one time on the phone during the year we were patients there. When speaking with his nurse, I felt like I had to consistently remind her of who I was and what I was doing there. I had to ask the same question multiple times before getting an answer.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I used donor eggs, so this question doesn’t really apply to me. I was not given information on how they adjusted and chose the protocol given to my donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Hillary)
She honestly did not seem very smart. However, I met and dealt with other nurses at the clinic who were fantastic. I think I just got placed with someone who was extremely frustrating to deal with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
The total cost was approximately $40,000 for one donor egg cycle. That included a $8,000 compensation fee for the donor. The rest was for her medications and egg retrieval, as well as my medications and transfer.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He left the decision up to us, but it wasn’t ever really a discussion because we were using donor eggs and knew we did not want to risk the possibility of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had to say on top of our nurse to give me information that I needed. I felt like I was tossed around and no one had clear answers to certain questions I had about the donor egg process. I just felt like I was kept out of the loop on a lot of things regarding my cycle. It may have been because we were using a donor and they wanted to ensure the donor’s privacy, but I felt like I was the one paying the money and they weren’t real concerned with my happiness.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she [Dr. Friedman] was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. ... She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator. ... I needed to get the Fallopian tube blockage test, go on bc to start a period, take lupromen, get ultrasounds, ovidrel shot and then timed intercourse.
The front desk people [San Diego Fertility Center] could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly. ... MJ [nurse]was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was honestly a dream. I was so nervous fertility clinics just wanted to take my money, but she said she could have me pregnant in 4 months, and it was almost to the day that she said that we had our 4 week ultra sound with her... the front desk asked if we minded if our appt would be pushed back a bit because dr Friedman really wanted to do the ultrasound. So sweet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don’t hold back, tell her everything. She is warm + kind but knows her stuff. Is a great listener + great communicator.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
We had our first meeting and we just talked for an hour, she was so sweet + let us cry while we told her about how hard infertility + miscarrying had been. Her nurse, MJ, gave us her cell phone number in case we needed to ask questions when they were closed. Unreal!
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes! MJ was so amazing )
MJ was so good at her job. Had all the paperwork lined up. Calls + emails were answered promptly. I received a lot of info the first appt and was confused and she didn’t mind going over it all again the next day on the phone with me. Very sweet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
There was assigned parking spots for the clinic and jolly ranchers which was a plus. The front desk people could have been a little more warm and inviting. The clinic was very nice + clean. Great decor and always got into appts quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
I got a referral for the fallopian blockage test, I don’t remember the price. But the sperm sample was $125. And then we spend $400 for the ultrasounds before the ovidrel shot.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. ... She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. ... I thought this probably should have been mentioned. Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff!
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. ... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They were quick to respond to my emails and made sure to check on me after each procedure. During both IVF procedures the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff! However, we do wish we were able to meet with her more often instead of the nurses. She was also compassionate to our situation because we did not get the best results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Eventhough the initial consult might be very informative ask questions to make sure you understand completely. Also expect not to see Dr. Park that often. We spoke to her over the phone more than in person.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. l had 2 IVF cycles and only actually met with her twice before having both procedures, once at our initial consult and once after l got pregnant naturally and miscarried.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our initial appointment with Dr. Park was great. She was recommended to us by my OB after my second miscarriage. She was thorough and kind and we came up with a game plan to try one more time naturally while on progesterone before moving on to any other treatments. After we miscarried a 3rd time we met with her a second time to talk about testing. She did an ultrasound and determined l was most likely experiencing poor egg quality. After receiving our test results back she really felt it was my poor egg quality that was the issue and we should do 2 rounds of IVF. We paid for both rounds of IVF up front which is around $30,000. We next met with a coordinator to talk about the medications l would be taking during the first round of IVF. She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. I questioned the nurse to make sure this is correct and she confirmed this is the protocol Dr. Park decided for me. I thought this probably should have been mentioned. During this round we retrieved 5 eggs 2 were mature and both fertilized but were very poor quality and did not make it. After this failed we had a phone call with Dr. Park where she explained the next round would be a full kitchen sink round with lots of medications including growth hormones. This round went better and we retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature 4 fertilized but none of our embryos made it again. So after 2 rounds of IVF we were left with nothing. I had a follow up call with Dr. Park and she was compansionate but it was clear these results were not great and we did not know exactly why. She suggested taking a step back and trying acupuncture to maybe improve my egg quality.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. When you have gone through so much already and make the difficult decision to move ahead with 2 rounds of IVF you want to feel that care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
For two rounds of IVF (Mini Stim and Kitchen Sink protocol- which there is no difference in the actual procedure) and PGS testing (which we never got to) we paid around $27,000 upfront to the clinic the same day we had our first ultrasound and blood work. Medications are not included in this number. Because we did not make it to PGS testing we were refunded for that portion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wish I was explained the protocol better for my first round of IVF. I mini stim is very different from a normal protocol or a "kitchen sink protocol" and I felt I should have been better informed by my Dr.
San Diego - Mission Valley

She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. ... Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult. ... I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
They [San Diego Fertility Center] made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. ... They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. ... Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. ...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
Don't go, there are several better doctors in San Diego.
They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. I chose another doctor eventhough they were out of network.
I did two fairly low dose clomid IUI cycles. She should have advised against these based on my numbers. Although I didnt proceed with IVF she had me on birth control pills and was planning a very high dosage of medication, nearly $10k worth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had a different nurse every time. I had no one I could go to with questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very beautiful offices, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they showed little compassion to their patients. Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. They made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult.
The IUI were about $400 each and the IVF cycle would have cost me nearly $20k with them being in-network. The medication would have cost $10k.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They told me that I had a certain amount of insurance coverage but that amount changed when it came down to starting the cycle.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr Chuan always made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me. She always knew the details of our case and had a warm bedside manner. ... Dr Chuan would always visit before and after any procedure. She would explain in detail before the procedure started and also go over the details and results afterwards. She always had a smile on her face and had compassion and understanding for ALL of my many questions!
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. ... We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. ... Jen was my primary nurse. ... She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As with any doctor, have all of your questions and concerned prepared before an appointment as her time is valuable and you want to make sure she can address everything at your appointment with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She chose the IVF for us as we had very fertile numbers. She chose and suggested that we just transfer 1 embryo as she felt transferring 2 could result in a higher risk pregnancy and since we had fertile numbers she thought there would be a good chance both would take. During injections for the egg retrieval, she put me on cetritide so that my body would not ovulate on its own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jen was my primary nurse. She is always so helpful and informative. She always encouraged me and answered all of my questions. She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. I feel like they were a huge part of our journey and I am so thankful for them!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. This program was also refundable by a percentage each cycle.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We are glad that we listened to her suggestion to just transfer 1 embryo as it was a successful pregnancy and I wouldn't have wanted a higher risk pregnancy carrying multiples.
Temecula

For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion...Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
Their weaknesses [San Diego Fertility Center] would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule...The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate...IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000...For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding.... After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
This clinic [SD Fertility Center] goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.... The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr Kettel took the time to review my case and clearly considered my specific situation when giving his recommendations.... He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!... The clinic is clean and beautiful, the staff are friendly, and their communication is great. They have gotten me into appointments really quickly and respond to emails and phone calls right away. I have not had any issues with anyone at this clinic so far.... [Cost Of Treatment] I have only had two appointments - the appointment with Dr Kettel was a $50 copay, and my SHG was around $300.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I came to SDFC as a new patient after having my first IVF baby at another clinic across the country and then moving to San Diego. My former RE recommended Dr Kettel, and I have been pleased with him and SDFC so far. He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Have a list of questions ready to ask him.
We have not done a cycle yet, but he agreed to do whatever my former clinic wants, which is estrogen patches and crinone gel for a FET cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
We would only ever do eSET with our PGS tested embryos, so I did not have this discussion with Dr Kettel.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
I went to Dr Friedman for my first pregnancy (success after 2 IUIs) and now trying for a sibling. She is very kind, smart and knowledgeable. She can be blunt whereas I'd prefer a bit more optimism. She basically told me that IUIs wouldn't work for us first time around, but it did. I don't see her for IUIs but that doesn't bother me.... Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
This is a beautiful clinic [SD Fertility Center] -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.... IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
Dr Friedman is very caring and has excellent bedside manner. She listens well and makes you feel very comfortable.
All IUIs were with clomid, trigger shot and ultrasound monitoring. I have a lot of follicles so the concern is that I'll overstimulate with more than clomid. I got pregnant after 2 IUIs the first time around. No success yet after 3 IUIs for a sibling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ is Dr Friedman's nurse coordinator. If I have a question or concern for Dr. Friedman, I can call or email MJ and she'll get back to me fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.
IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
San Diego - Del Mar Main
I was treated as an individual and was included in the decision making process of my treatment. Dr Friedman treated me with respect, always addressing my concerns and celebrating my victories with me as well...is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
SDFC is full of compassionate and knowledgeable people, from the people who welcome you as you enter to the doctors. The clinic is available 7 days a week so that you do not have to manipulate your cycle any more than is necessary. I even had a monitoring appointment on a holiday. This was a much appreciated aspect of my care! The wonderful staff and practitioners are the clinic's greatest strength!...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
The fertility process is a real roller coaster, with many bumps. You have to have realistic expectations of yourself and everyone else. And be patient. The fertility journey unfolds over time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was excellent! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, compassionate, and remembered me - which really makes a difference in how I experienced the process.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
The doctor strongly encouraged me to use eSET rather than transferring multiple embryos. I probably could have pushed, but the scientific, medical, and personal reasons for eSET were very compelling, particularly since I had done genetic testing of my embryos.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious. ... The nursing staff were wonderful. They were very efficient. Everytime I had an appointment I was in and out within 30 mins.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is a wonderful and sweet doctor. She is very attentive and compassionate throughout the process. She always made me feel welcomed and comfortable everytime I saw her. After the first unsuccessful egg retrieval she asked if we wanted to try again. Knowing that we tied IUI in the past, she wanted to make sure that we emotionally and physically wanted to try the egg retrieval process again. During the follow up after the second unsuccessful egg retrieval, she presented us with other options. The process is not easy emotionally and physically. But her thoughtfulness makes the process a lot smoother.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She explained everything clearly, where you understand what's going to happen. She also took our feelings and emotions into account.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious.
San Diego - Mission Valley

She [Dr. Susanna Park] was very friendly and explained everything to me. ... She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. ... She made me feel very comfortable. ... If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them [San Diego Fertility Center]. ... I would recommend her to any one ... even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles
When I needed to be seen on weekends they [San Diego Fertility Center] accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back. ... They [nursing staff] were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles. ... This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. T
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was very friendly and explained everything to me. She made me feel very comfortable. She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. I would recommend her to any one.
Be prepared for a no. Not every cycle will result in a pregnancy and it’s always tough when you get that phone call telling you that you aren’t pregnant. Stay strong
This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. They explained everything to me and treated me kindly and with respect. If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them. I love this facility and even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles, I would still recommend this place to anyone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great there. I don’t think they had any weaknesses in my opinion. When I needed to be seen on weekends they accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back.

2009 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
Dr D [Daneshmand] I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way ... I have very low AMH. All my cycles involved injections with clomid. Every cycle I had 100% fertilization rate and 80% made it to transfer
Everyone from the front desk, surgery center andin between has been beyond amazing. I have gotten to know all of them on personal levels and they genuinely care. They truly make this difficult journey a little easier with their compassion ... I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan ... My And Cindy [nurses] were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr D I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have confidence in him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very caring and positive
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: My Tran and Cindy C)
My And Cindy were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan
Said Daneshmand
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!... Great follow up and follow through. They [SD Fertility Ctr] have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
[Dr. Susanna Park is] the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful...clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate.
SDFC is super efficient. They get you in and out for appointments quickly so you do not have to miss much work. They worked with our insurance too. They are organized and professional - I never felt like I had to call to ask paperwork related questions or to advocate for myself - they totally had me covered...Megan was amazing - answered emails in off hours and truly showed compassion at every appointment. I felt so taken care of by the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate. She's the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful.
See her!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
She would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos.
San Diego - Mission Valley

She [Dr. Park] always did multiple embryo transfer said we had a higher chance...I would have loved for them to invest more time to know or understand why my body wouldn't keep the pregnancies instead of just doing the same repetitive treatment. I never received an answer to my WHY did this transfer not work. I never felt like they cared about me and my situation I felt like they cared about there number.
The [San Diego Fertility Center clinic] appointments always had to be done in the morning no afternoon appointments so I missed a lot of work hrs...At first they had me under a plan that was Success Guarantee and then after the second retrieval and no successful transfers they just took me off the plan and said It had expired and It was no longer valid and never returned any of the funds I had to take a loan out for.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would have loved for them to invest more time to know or understand why my body wouldn't keep the pregnancies instead of just doing the same repetitive treatment. I never received an answer to my WHY did this transfer not work. I never felt like they cared about me and my situation I felt like they cared about there number. At first they had me under a plan that was Success Guarantee and then after the second retrieval and no successful transfers they just took me off the plan and said It had expired and It was no longer valid and never returned any of the funds I had to take a loan out for.
don't trust San Diego fertility center they only care about there numbers not the patients.
it seemed like just the same treatment for EVERYONE not a treatment designed for me
ivf baby asprin birth control Lupron 20 ultrasound estrogen tablets ultrasound blood work progesterone azithromycin and prednisone for transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
They were nice but nothing special.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They don't care about YOU they care about there numbers and money. They wouldn't even refund my money for the success guarantee even though we had a contract and they should have refunded me. I had to go to a new clinic to see what my options were.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
The appointments always had to be done in the morning no afternoon appointments so I missed a lot of work hrs.
18,900 success guarantee plan Ivf plus medications and other labs and test
She always did multiple embryo transfer said we had a higher chance
San Diego - Mission Valley

From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. ... She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. I am terrified of needles and she adjusted my cycles to ensure the least amount of injections were necessary to get the most favorable result - and always gave me the risk involved of such adjustments. She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome. She truly changed our life and I am forever grateful to her and the staff.
Be honest about your fears / expectations / desires / needs, etc. and know that she will give you completely honest and tailored advice every step of the way.
Dr. Friedman, my nurse MJ and the entire staff became more like my friends/family than doctors and nurses. These wonderful people took an active interest in my progress and my emotional state throughout the entire process and I still keep in touch with them today.
I really wanted to transfer two embryos because I would have preferred to double my chances of a viable pregnancy and felt having twins would potentially relieve me of having to go through any future IVF cycles. Dr. Friedman strongly advised against this taking into account my body type, my extremely active lifestyle, anxious personality, and the excellent rating of my embryos and one embryo was all I needed!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
MJ was the BEST nurse and care coordinator I could ever have been assigned. I am extremely terrified of needles and she personally came to my home to administer all injections throughout my cycles. She kept me completely informed of everything happening and I received all test results in a timely manner. She become part of our family and I miss working with her dearly!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Having first been to an infertility doctor at a hospital, SDFC was a breath of fresh air. The clinic was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
I paid upfront for a full IVF cycle which included all costs except medications. This provided me with the ability to visit the clinic without having to ever provide additional payment at each visit.
Please see my previous answer.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation...She had excellent bedside manner, took the time necessary to explain things and answer all questions. She was well-versed on my laden factor 5 and knew what was necessary. She also took the extra time during the embryo transfer to make sure I didn't feel rushed and had me drink a bunch of water to have my bladder put pressure on my cervix. This allowed for a more accurate transfer.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive [at San Diego Fertility Center]!...It is a beautiful, state of the art, private clinic. It really helped make this whole experience more enjoyable! Everyone was always very pleasant and helpful and I never had to wait very long to be seen or get an appointment...She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman was a wonderful Doctor! So much so, my husband and I just contacted her about trying for #2! She is extremely patient and caring. She also explains everything to me and my husband but gives us the choice after presenting all the facts.
Fertility issues can be really challenging for many different reasons but you are in great hands!
She treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't remember. I do know we had insurance coverage for one of the embryo transfers though.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her...Being able to email her directly with questions was amazing. She not only answered everything I would ask (and I had a lot of questions), she responds in the same day which is HUGE when you are going through fertility treatment...Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her.
As a clinic everyone there [at San Diego Fertility Clinic] is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with...The IUI cycles were around $700 per cycle. The IVF cycle if you do single cycle is around $13,500 and we chose to do success guarantee which was $22,465...On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is extremely bright and knowledgeable in her field. Right from the start she made us feel very comfortable (we are an LGBT couple) and we felt an immediate connection and trust with her. We had full faith in every decision or opinion she gave and could feel that she genuinely cared about us. She is also extremely warm and compassionate and is also very calming and reassuring. I wish that Dr. Friedman could be my doctor for everything, she is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.
Dr. Friedman really personalized my care and made me feel like she genuinely cared about my partner's and my goals, wants, and needs. I knew without a doubt that Dr. Friedman knew who I was and my case every time I had to contact her. She quickly responded to any questions I had as well as would call me to wish me luck on everything.
When we came to Dr. Friedman I had already tried 8 IUI's without a single one resulting in a pregnancy. I have PCOS, am a lesbian, and was using frozen donor sperm. I also had tried everything from fertility meds (clomid and letrozole) to injectables (follistim and hcg trigger shots) and progesterone suppositories. I had had some positive physical changes (ie: lost weight, less stress, more stable cycle) and wanted to try IUI at least once or twice before making the big plunge to IVF. Dr. Friedman was in full support of this, she believed there was the possibility that IUI could work and understood my reason for wanting to try. After the 2nd try when it did not work I appreciated that she was honest in telling me her opinion on why she thought the IUI's weren't working and why IVF would have a much better chance and she was supportive of either decision we made. We ended up deciding to go with IVF retrieval and FET instead of trying a 3rd IUI with her (would have been my 11th IUI total). She confidently believed we would get pregnant on our first FET. We had a minor road bump right before the transfer (I ended up having uterine polyps and had to have them surgically removed) but then everything went smoothly with our embryo transfer (we transferred 1 by choice) and I am happy to say we are currently almost 10 weeks pregnant after our first try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Some of them are fantastic, a couple of them weren't as warm in their bedside manner but then again that could be because we were spoiled by how lovely Dr. Friedman is. Some of them were a little disorganized and lost some of my forms but I made copies for myself so it wasn't a big deal to me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
As a clinic everyone there is very friendly and patient and understanding. The only thing that kind of frustrated me a little bit is that you have to talk to a lot of different people rather than their be 1 liaison that you work with. For example, you speak to coordinator to arrange your meds, 1 coordinator to arrange your insurance, 1 coordinator to arrange your financials and billing, 1 coordinator to train you on your meds, 1 coordinator to set up your calendar, and then the medical assistant to the actual doctor. There were times this was frustrating for me and I wished that I could just contact 1 person to take care of all of that and arrange with all those coordinators themselves. I'm not sure if this is usually how all clinics work or not. On the plus side, they ALL use email (I love emailing rather than calling) so I was able to email all the coordinators about everything.
We were very adamant about not wanting to multiples, obviously if we somehow ended up with multiples we would not complain but we preferred to have a singleton. Other doctors I have seen push to transfer more than 1 embryo to increase your chances and Dr. Friedman was in complete and total support of us transferring only 1 embryo at a time. We are so grateful that her vision and ours were completely on the same page.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
One of the nurses lost a set of my documents but I had copies for myself so it ended up not being a big deal.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error...Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate...She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.
San Diego - Mission Valley

He [Dr. Daneshmand] really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation ... He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field ...The entire staff was amazing, infertility is already heartbreaking to deal with. They understand that at SDFC and show nothing but compassion ... Aww qualified for their success guarantee program. You basically spend $30K but it guarantees a live birth up to 72 hours or use of all of your embryos, if love birth is not achieved you are refunded a portion of the cost
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
He really took his time ordering all of the right tests and getting a clear idea of where are problem areas were. He was concerned about my health so while undergoing treatment he really stayed on top of my mess to avoid over stimulation
Have faith in him, he truly knows what he is doing
From the moment we had our consultation to the day we got a positive pregnancy test, Dr. Daneshmand was nothing short of amazing, He has this way of explaining things, and this warmth and sincerity that makes you feel like he’s with you every step of the way
SHG stimming: Menopur/ Gonal-F Trigger: Lupron Birth control to prep my lining Progesterone in oil injections before transfer and until 12 weeks of gestation
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
My only complaint is that I didn’t find this facility sooner we spent 7 years ttc. This facility made our lifelong dream of becoming parents come true. They are some of the most kind and compassionate people you will ever come across in the medical field
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. D was not opposed to us transferring more than one, but he did recommend we only transfer one. To optimize our chances of implantation, and for the fact that multiples puts you at a higher risk
Said Daneshmand

2017, Unknown Success
I truly feel she [Dr. Brooke Friedman] wants the best for us in building our family. She was kind, patient and transparent with our chances...detailed in her explanations...Based on her recommendation we turned to surrogacy...has been great in handling my need for every detail and in communicating in a different manner to my husband who just wants the bottom line.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] says they advocate for single transfer, but they believe strongly in individual choice...they are kind and caring. We have been treated like valuable friends who they want to help have a family...[staff] has been the very best to us in helping us with understanding the financial packet...[staff] was amazing in helping us select an egg donor
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is kind, caring, and detailed in her explanations. We have had horrible luck and a long history there, but she has been then the whole time. We lost two babies - stillborn to two separate surrogates in 2018 and 2019. Dr. Friedman has been amazing in helping us move forward after these devastating losses.
I have no advice. Dr. Friedman has been great in handling my need for every detail and in communicating in a different manner to my husband who just wants the bottom line.
I truly feel she wants the best for us in building our family. She was kind, patient and transparent with our chances. Based on her recommendation we turned to surrogacy.
By the time we transferred our care to Dr. Frideman, we only tried one more IVF with donor eggs transferred to me. Then we turned to surrogates. We are still hopeful and have found another lovely surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Everyone has been lovely. (We just don't have a living baby yet.)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It seems large and intimidating at first, but they are kind and caring. We have been treated like valuable friends who they want to help have a family. Debbie Goode has been the very best to us in helping us with understanding the financial packet. Jenna Lake was amazing in helping us select an egg donor, and again when we needed another.
We have undergone treatment with transfers to first me, and then four separate surrogates. I could not begin to break it down. I do know they have a program with a "guarantee" that seemed quite attractive if you qualify.
The clinic says they advocate for single transfer, but they believe strongly in individual choice. (We chose single for each transfer.)
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Chuan always made me feel like she new my case and my issues, even though I know she had a lot of patients....for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo...She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
They [nurses at San Diego Fertility Center] were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually...For the retrieval and transfer it was about 15,000 and then the medication was about 5,000. Each time... They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was great! Honest and I have recommended her to many friends. She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
Make sure you go to the informational meeting the clinic holds about once a month, before your consultation.
I don’t really remember, but for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Just location depending on where you are coming from. They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
Temecula
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.... Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer.... In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
Clinic staff [San Diego Fertility] was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.... [Nurse] Annette was wonderful .... We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us,
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions.... I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.... No follow up after any of the treatments to see how I was doing or if it resulted in a pregnancy.
Beautiful offices and in great locations [San Diego Fertility Center]. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking..... The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well.... Wasn't called to let us know we were using my husband's fresh sperm and not his frozen sperm.... Two medicated cycles and then two medicated cycles with IUI. After that she wanted to move on to IVF.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is very knowledgeable and I trust her opinions. The nurses were great too but the receptionist does not communicate well. I felt comfortable with the doctor and nurse Michelle. I just wish I saw dr chuan more often instead of just when we were going over any test results.
She is amazing but ask her nurses for clarification when needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoffman)
Very monotone and not very personable. She was available though when I had questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful offices and in great locations. Everything was clean but sometimes receptionist and nurse communication was lacking.
$700 per cycle after initial testing was completed.
Not applicable. We haven't gotten to that point yet.