11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

2022, Unknown Success
During both our consult and egg retrieval he [Dr. Michael Kettel] was very kind, caring, and realistic. He was always available when questions came up...He also took the time to review my chart from our previous fertility clinic and we could tell he had really studied it and made notes to personalize our treatment plan. He also followed my case really closely during the stims process and at the egg retrieval he knew all about the apts I had with the NP.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Clinic is beautiful! Everyone was very kind. I never waited more than 15 mins for an apt. Apts were always available when needed and they were willing to move things around when work or school conflicts came up. There was sometimes a hold time on the phone when calling to schedule apts, but never more than a few mins.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
During both our consult and egg retrieval he was very kind, caring, and realistic. He was always available when questions came up during treatment even if we didn’t speak directly to him his nurses could ask him a question and we had an answer usually within an hour or so. He also took the time to review my chart from our previous fertility clinic and we could tell he had really studied it and made notes to personalize our treatment plan. He also followed my case really closely during the stims process and at the egg retrieval he knew all about the apts I had with the NP.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be prepared with questions to ask and rest assured that he is following your case and on top of everything from every apt with himself or the NP/PA
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Kettle was kind and realistic. He also answered all our questions and spent a lot of time with us during our consult. He also was the first doctor to take the time to ask my husband if he had any questions as well. That spoke volumes to us that he included both of us and made sure both our needs were met.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We had done three failed IUI at our first clinic so we started IVF with Dr. Kettle. We did BCP for 3 weeks, 150 IU Gonal F, 75 Menupor, and Omnitrope. We then added cetrotide and increased Menupor to 150 at day 6 of stims. I had an afc of 25 at first scan and had never had injectables before (for IUI we used letrozole) so starting a lower dose and building made sense. Omnitrope because I was worried about egg quality at my age and knowing financially additional egg retrievals were not likely for our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Amanda)
Nurse coordinator, Ashley, and nurse that works directly with Dr. Kettle Amanda we both great. They answered all my questions and were available by email or phone. All emails were answered usually within an hour but at the latest always same day.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
Monitoring apts were done by NP/PA they did ultrasound and discussed results with you. Then you had your labs drawn and they called you with the results a couple hours later if any protocol changes needed to be made. Apts were on time usually with no wait time at all and the one time I had a wait it was only 10 mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
So far we are just under 30,000 for this IVF cycle including medications, PGT-A testing, egg retrieval, FET transfer, monitoring, and labs
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have our FET consult next week. We are still waiting for our PGT-A results. Most likely will be doing eSET due to maternal health concerns and wanting to have the safest pregnancy possible for baby.

2022, Consult
Dr. Friedman is by far the most personable and compassionate physician I’ve met through your fertility journey. She immediately made me feel at ease, explained everything in thorough detail, and never makes me feel like I am taking up her time...After our initial consultation, Dr. Friedman had hope that we would be able to try other, less invasive/costly treatments first.
From the beginning, SDFC made me feel welcome by going the extra mile that no other clinic had done - making sure I knew and was connected to my care team immediately, made sure I had access to contact Dr. Friedman’s MA, and gave me upfront information on the costs/worked with me to clear insurance information up...SDFC is state of the art, comfortable yet clean and updated. Staff do a great job of making you feel welcome from the moment you check in. I’ve always been able to get on the schedule for an appointment in a reasonable amount of time and the one time I was asked to reschedule, it was explained to me that Dr. Friedman had to be offsite for an emergency surgery on another patient.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
To go in with an open mind. I went in thinking we would immediately have to resort to IVF because of the feedback I’d gotten from other fertility clinics/doctors. After our initial consultation, Dr. Friedman had hope that we would be able to try other, less invasive/costly treatments first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I researched many fertility clinics and tried establishing care at two other well known clinics before landing on Dr. Friend man and SDFC. From the beginning, SDFC made me feel welcome by going the extra mile that no other clinic had done - making sure I knew and was connected to my care team immediately, made sure I had access to contact Dr. Friedman’s MA, and gave me upfront information on the costs/worked with me to clear insurance information up.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Have not started treatments officially yet. Dr. Friedman recommended sperm freezing (husband is in the military and will deploy). She also discussed egg freezing with me (27 with low AMH) for future pregnancies as an option. Treatment plan includes clomid for a few cycles before moving on to IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Irene )
Irene is always very responsive to emails and answers all of my questions clearly and thoroughly. I’ve always been able to get a reply from her within 48 hours.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
With tricare insurance, I had to meet my $150 annual deductible. Afterwards, my copay kicked in for $35/visit. While diagnostic exams were covered, actual fertility treatments and/or medication will not be covered at all.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.

2022, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Park has always taken the time to answer our questions in a thoughtful, honest, respectful, informative, and timely manner...take the time to digest the information you are receiving, take good notes, and follow up with Dr. Park for clarification. She will be happy to take the time to ensure that you feel comfortable in your understanding of the process....
All the staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] are knowledgeable in their respective fields and generally communicate well...Our billing/finance coordinator has been stellar. He is very adept at explaining costs in a clear way so that we are not surprised or confused by expenses, and he is always responsive. Similarly, the egg donation clinic coordinator (managed by the IVF clinic) has gone above and beyond to make sure we were well equipped to select a donor and she helped us through the process at every stage of the process...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. park is an excellent communicator. She takes the time to respond in a timely manner to all our communications and she makes sure we understand what is happening at every stage. We are still in the early stages of our journey with her but we are very excited to be working with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
If you are like us and trying to understand the entire process that you will have to go through from the outset, take the time to digest the information you are receiving, take good notes, and follow up with Dr. Park for clarification. She will be happy to take the time to ensure that you feel comfortable in your understanding of the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park has always taken the time to answer our questions in a thoughtful, honest, respectful, informative, and timely manner. We are still in the early stages of our journey with her, but so far we have had no complaints and only positive experiences with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
Generally our experience has been positive however we did have a couple of instances where communications were unclear and it was difficult to get a hold of them to clarify matters.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
All the staff are knowledgeable in their respective fields and generally communicate well. They are always professional and courteous, and we have had very positive interactions with two departments in particular. Our billing/finance coordinator has been stellar. He is very adept at explaining costs in a clear way so that we are not surprised or confused by expenses, and he is always responsive. Similarly, the egg donation clinic coordinator (managed by the IVF clinic) has gone above and beyond to make sure we were well equipped to select a donor and she helped us through the process at every stage of the process.

2022, Unknown Success
The most knowledgeable trusted and experienced doctor I could ask for! He [Dr. Michael Kettel] always has answers and takes the time to address all concerns. I feel comfortable in one of the most scary situations I’ve ever been in under his care...Wonderful doctor with a wealth of knowledge and mastery in his field
It [San Diego Fertility Center] is immaculate, beautiful, clean and advanced! This was the nicest infertility clinic I’ve ever seen! I do however wish we were able to see the doctors themselves more often. They’re very patient for putting up with all of us who desperately want to have a child...the phlebotomists are INCREDIBLE and the lead nurses are great!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
The most knowledgeable trusted and experienced doctor I could ask for! He always has answers and takes the time to address all concerns. I feel comfortable in one of the most scary situations I’ve ever been in under his care.
If he has availability, go see him!
Wonderful doctor with a wealth of knowledge and mastery in his field
I’ve done 3 IUIs but had trouble ovulating twice before we moved to IVF. I’ve been on gonal f, menopur and cetrotide
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda is great, the phlebotomists are INCREDIBLE and the lead nurses are great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It is immaculate, beautiful, clean and advanced! This was the nicest infertility clinic I’ve ever seen! I do however wish we were able to see the doctors themselves more often. They’re very patient for putting up with all of us who desperately want to have a child!
25k for one full IVF cycle + meds I believe
They prefer to do a single FET for safety
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Park was very easy to talk to, communicated treatment plans, options, and the possible paths, very well. She answered all questions and treated me like a human being. Her staff were a dream to work with. I would highly recommend using Dr Park...Very thoughtful and professional. Listened and communicated well...very prompt and on top of everything
SDFC was easy to work with, were patient, answered all my questions and ensured that I understood. They were clear with the treatment plans and what was coming up next, and were very prompt and on top of everything. Highly recommended...All the staff were super friendly, very helpful, professional and compassionate...About $60k in total, of which about $13k was for an egg donor
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was very easy to talk to, communicated treatment plans, options, and the possible paths, very well. She answered all questions and treated me like a human being. Her staff were a dream to work with. I would highly recommend using Dr Park and the San Diego Fertility Center.
Very thoughtful and professional. Listened and communicated well.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC was easy to work with, were patient, answered all my questions and ensured that I understood. They were clear with the treatment plans and what was coming up next, and were very prompt and on top of everything. Highly recommended!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
About $60k in total, of which about $13k was for an egg donor
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Explained the options and let me choose

2021, Successful
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner...I’ve donated eggs before so I knew the process but undergoing it myself I had a lot of questions and she answered all in a respectful and honest way...I would have liked to see her more frequently but every time we did meet she exceeded my expectations...She told me what I was likely to expect based on my medical history
Although the [San Diego Fertility Center] staff was the same, my primary nurse kept changing so it is hard for me to rate since it was always someone different...Strengths: bedside manner, reputation, costs, information and follow up. Weaknesses: I would have liked to have had the same nurse throughout the process...We worked together to determine final costs with billing vs cash payments
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would have liked to see her more frequently but every time we did meet she exceeded my expectations. I will be going back for a second retrieval (in order to increase the number of eggs stored, and no doubt she will be the one I will go with).
Please ask many questions and also do your research before, this way you know what you are getting into. Go in with neutral expectations because many factors will affect your results.
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner. I knew to go to her because one of my good friends also went with her and they ended up pregnant. I’ve donated eggs before so I knew the process but undergoing it myself I had a lot of questions and she answered all in a respectful and honest way.
My treatment was pretty straightforward, I have a non hormonal iud so I could start treatment right away. When I missed dosage for oral birth control she adjusted and I was closely monitored when I started injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Irene Aguilar )
Although the staff was the same, my primary nurse kept changing so it is hard for me to rate since it was always someone different. Regardless the overall staff was great.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths: bedside manner, reputation, costs, information and follow up. Weaknesses: I would have liked to have had the same nurse throughout the process. Again, not a big complaint since everyone was awesome, just a “nice to have”
It was expected, my insurance covered more than I thought which was spectacular. We worked together to determine final costs with billing vs cash payments
She told me what I was likely to expect based on my medical history and she. I was pretty obsessive about gathering many years worth of medical history which really helped. I was a bit disappointed with the number of eggs frozen but it was a really good number no matter what. It’s human nature to want more in order to up your chances.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
This was mostly after the fact with insurance, billing and payment. There was just some general confusion that could have been resolved faster over the phone but instead happened over email. It’s fine, it was all resolved in the end

2019 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kettle went out of his way to be personable. He made sure to pop in prior to my procedure to offer support and provide his honest opinions...He always remained very optimistic and confident. After the third failed IUI he let us know that it was not recommended to proceed with a fourth cycle, but we could if we want. I appreciated this because I didn’t want to put more money towards something that wouldn’t work. After the second IVF failure, he offered alternative solutions and was sympathetic...
This is a busy clinic [San Diego Fertility Center], but once you are in the chair they do provide that one on one designated time. The facility is very clean and well organized. They broke everything down for me...The nurses always seem very happy and like they enjoy their jobs. I especially liked the nurse who prepped me for the IVF procedure(Shannon). She was fantastic. Zero issues with starting the IV and best attitude....
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I truly thought that Dr. Kettle really wanted to see my husband and I start a family. He always remained very optimistic and confident. After the third failed IUI he let us know that it was not recommended to proceed with a fourth cycle, but we could if we want. I appreciated this because I didn’t want to put more money towards something that wouldn’t work. After the second IVF failure, he offered alternative solutions and was sympathetic. My first failed IVF cycle was with a different doctor and the clinic just told me, “you can try again if you want”.
He may not tell you what you want to hear, but it’s his honest opinion so be open to it.
My body responded really well to the medications listed below. In fact, I was able to produce more follicles than the first IVF cycle. At the end, I did need a stronger trigger shot. I had already paid for the weaker one(Ovidrel 250 mcg), but the clinic traded it out for me at no additional charge. Days 1-9 Gonal-F Multidose 300 IU Injection 1x at night for 9 days Menopur 150 IU injection 1x at night for 9 days Days 7-10 Cetrotide .25mg injection 1x in the morning Days 10-12 Gonal-F Multidose (increased) 450 IU injection 1x at night for 3 days Lupron 5mg (trigger) 12 hrs. Before egg retrieval
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a busy clinic, but once you are in the chair they do provide that one on one designated time. The facility is very clean and well organized. They broke everything down for me. Each time I went in for a blood draw the nurses had a hard time taking my blood. They had to try a few times.
IVF Cycle $13,440 (bloods draws, ultrasounds, monitoring, egg retrieval, facility fees, and cycle support & coordination) Lab Services $1,750 Medications $4,000 (paid to pharmacy) Pre-genetic Testing( 8 embryos) $4,250
I’ve never made it this far into the process. It was mentioned that I am young and there is a chance of multiples so only one embryo would be suggested as Dr. Kettle’s goal was for us to have a healthy baby and no complications.

2021, Unsuccessful
I appreciated the information that she [Dr. Park] gave us during our initial consult, it was clear and she gave us time to ask lots of questions. At the end of our time with their clinic - I felt that the numbers that were given to us were not as truthful. They seemed to be to gain our trust, but the real numbers and percents were different when we had to sign papers, and then we did not have a person to ask questions.
[San Diego Fertility Center] is disorganized and no one knows what is happening. It is difficult to get information. The clinic is very beautiful, but the staff is cold and not very welcoming...I was given a month on estrogen pills and testosterone gel that was supposed to suppress my regular cycle. This did not work as I got pregnant right before the stimulation cycle started. (my pregnancy was exposed to 5 days of Gonal-f and menopur - resulting in a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy ).
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I appreciated the information that she gave us during our initial consult, it was clear and she gave us time to ask lots of questions. At the end of our time with their clinic - I felt that the numbers that were given to us were not as truthful. They seemed to be to gain our trust, but the real numbers and percents were different when we had to sign papers, and then we did not have a person to ask questions.
To go in knowing that it is a private practice and they may not be as upfront and honest as university or learners clinic. Know that you need to go in advocating for yourself and what you need.
Our fertility plan was a photocopy of a generic fertility plan that had been copied over and over again - so that it was difficult to read. Every day I met with new nurses - which I expected, but they had not reviewed my chart or had any idea of what was happening in our situation. Their general plan of birth control to suppress my system did not work and we ended up finding we were pregnant midway through our stimulation.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was given a month on estrogen pills and testosterone gel that was supposed to suppress my regular cycle. This did not work as I got pregnant right before the stimulation cycle started. (my pregnancy was exposed to 5 days of Gonal-f and menopur - resulting in a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy ). I was on 300 Gonal-F and 150 Menopur for 5 days before my pregnancy was discovered.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
It was not easy to contact a nurse if I had a question. I called and left a message and I never received a call back. The nurses bedside manner was good but they did not read notes ahead of time. So they came in excited to look a baby on the ultrasound when I was post miscarriage and suspecting an ectopic pregnancy. It was traumatizing. My favorite people where those who did the blood draws. They were very kind and wonderful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It is disorganized and no one knows what is happening. It is difficult to get information. The clinic is very beautiful, but the staff is cold and not very welcoming. I know others who have had really good luck and liked this clinic, unfortunately that was not our experience.
You could schedule around your schedule but the schedule filled up quickly. There may have been more patients than staff at this time.
We were selected for a success guarantee program that would pay for as many transfers as embryos. It cost $29,000
Dr Park will only transfer one embryo at a time if they are PGTA tested, and they would prefer to only transfer one at time most times but would transfer up to two depending on what is needed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They run based on a general plan, but they did not treat us as individual people. so if their basic program does not work - they do not know what to do.

2021, Unsuccessful
I only ever saw Dr. D [Dr. Said Daneshmand} for about 5 minutes at a time, only a handful of times during my entire cycle. This is very different from my previous experiences and I do not prefer that. It is important to me to have a strong relationship with my doctor...he made big promises for improvement in an IVF cycle if we moved forward with him and did not produce results
They [San Diego Fertility Center] have a large staff which makes it very easy to get appointments scheduled and questions answered. Since it is a large clinic it is hard to feel not like a number...They [nursing staff] were phenomenal. Always took their time with me and never rushed me...My current doctor has asked for my records and still has not received them. I also never heard back from Dr. D when I let him know that I miscarried at 10 weeks. A simple response to an email could have gone a long way..
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
He is very personable which I love. However, he made big promises for improvement in an IVF cycle if we moved forward with him and did not produce results. When we asked him what went wrong he didn’t know and we would have to do another cycle. Being so confident in the beginning did not manage our expectations and made the outcome of the cycle much harder to handle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be proactive by doing your own research and asking for explanations at every turn, especially when developing the protocol. I trusted Dr. D to create a protocol that would work rather than continuing to do my own research. I let my guard down by fully trusting him to get me the results I wanted and it ended up in another cycle of most of our day 3 embryos not surviving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
I only ever saw Dr. D for about 5 minutes at a time, only a handful of times during my entire cycle. This is very different from my previous experiences and I do not prefer that. It is important to me to have a strong relationship with my doctor.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Birth control start, 150 IUs of Gonal-F multi dose, 75 IUs of Menopur, Lupron trigger (I had severe OHSS in my first cycle where I had to be hospitalized). There was really no rational explained to us just that this amount of medicine would ensure I would not have OHSS this cycle which Dr. D thought could have harmed my eggs and the outcome of the embryos. We retrieved 27 eggs, 16 mature, 15 day 3 embryos, 2 day 5 embryos. Dr. D did not recommend PGT even though our previous cycle had the same outcome (16 day 3 embryos, only 1 day 5 embryo). Dr. D could not explain why the same thing happened. We transferred both embryos and it resulted in a 10 week miscarriage (same as the previous cycle). When we did a follow up with him he said we could try again with a different protocol but at this point we have spent $50K and don’t have the money to just keep guessing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were phenomenal. Always took their time with me and never rushed me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They have a large staff which makes it very easy to get appointments scheduled and questions answered. Since it is a large clinic it is hard to feel not like a number. My previous clinic knew who I was and I didn’t feel as alone during the cycle (especially during COVID when my husband could not come with me).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
$15,100.00 not including medication, genetic screening or anything extra
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He listened to my desire to transfer both embryos given the outcome of our last cycle ending in miscarriage at 10 weeks.
Said Daneshmand

2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Michael Kettel was very nice and kind. He answered all of the questions and concerns I had. He wasn't brash about my diagnosis, but he wasn't warm and fuzzy either - he was in middle. I did feel my appointments were fairly quick than I expected - it was like in and out. But also I didn't have too many questions vs the average person.
The San Diego Fertility facility is very modern and nice. The staff seem really nice and the doctor I worked with was very friendly and seemed very experience. My experience overall was good, but also I'm not a fan that there wasn't an option where I could just only take the Clomid and timed intercourse. They only seemed to offer Clomid + IUI - no option just for the medication.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Hard to say - maybe not be do quick in the appointments, but be proactive in providing more information about the diagnosis. Some patients don't know what to ask during the appointment - so I think it's good for a Dr. to provide more information even when not asked.. like reading material.
More human than a number. He heard me out and explained that he wanted what was best for me and what I wanted to do vs being pushed to a treatment I wasn't ready for. He answered my questions and I never once felt like I was dumb for asking the questions I had.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only dealt with one of the staff - not sure if she was a nurse, but she was very kind and informative.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't know the cost of the referral - but my insurance did cover for the referral, the initial consultation, and the bloodwork. Otherwise I did not proceed on taking any treatment here as I was not ready to complete Clomid + IUI as I wanted to just try Clomid first with natural intercourse

2021, Successful
[Dr. Daneshmand] is willing to listen to you and to work with you to make you comfortable with your treatment path and goals. He was my 4th Dr. so I had lots of experience with many doctors and I appreciated that he valued my opinions and thoughts but was also able to help me understand what he felt would work for us and why. He also was always available to me to answer questions after hours. He was excited for us and always in our corner. He is very passionate, and is an expert in his field who truly cares about his patients.
They have a great staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] who are excellent communicators an well organized. It is a big clinic and ran much smoother than some smaller and larger well known clinics I have been to. Weaknesses- maybe that they are large so some people might feel less connected or more like a number however I never had that experience.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. D is so knowledgeable in the field. It was very clear he was up to date on the most current IVF information and studies. He is willing to listen to you and to work with you to make you comfortable with your treatment path and goals. He was my 4th Dr. so I had lots of experience with many doctors and I appreciated that he valued my opinions and thoughts but was also able to help me understand what he felt would work for us and why. He also was always available to me to answer questions after hours. He was excited for us and always in our corner. He is very passionate, and is an expert in his field who truly cares about his patients.
Run don't walk to see Dr. D, he is so well educated and up to date on all things IVF, he is compassionate and real, and treats his patients like family.
Dr. D was so personal and friendly. He always took time to talk to us about our lives and things outside of just the IVF world. He always remembered what we did for work and many other small details and would check in on all aspects of our lives at appointments. He was always very prepared at every appointment as well never forgot anything about our past treatment or experience.
I don't recall all my transfer medications we did use birth control, then estrogen and progesterone in oil for 12 weeks, which is a little longer than some Doctors but I like that he preferred to air on the side of caution with that. I had to have some other testing done prior as it had been over 12 months since my last HSG. I had a successful first transfer and birth as a result of this protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: His primary care coordinator is My)
His primary care coordinator is incredible. She was so responsive to me at all times with any questions and never made any mistakes with scheduling or meds or anything. My nurse was the same way- incredible, kind, sensitive and always available to me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They have a great staff who are excellent communicators an well organized. It is a big clinic and ran much smoother than some smaller and larger well known clinics I have been to. Weaknesses- maybe that they are large so some people might feel less connected or more like a number however I never had that experience.
30K for Treatment 15K for donor eggs
We opted for single embryo since we knew it was PGT Normal. He agreed with that.
Said Daneshmand

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I was always able to get in touch with Irene by phone or email. Dr. Friedman was attentive and engaged in my care. She called with the utmost excitement in her voice to tell me I was pregnant following the second transfer I did with her...I did not always see her at my appointments, which is to be expected, but I always knew she was involved in my treatment plan and cared...In my second frozen embryo transfer, which was successful, [she] recommended a 2-month course of Depot Lupron if we wanted to be absolutely sure we had done everything possible, as she suspected I may have had adenomyosis
[San Diego Fertility Center's] greatest strength is their clinical excellence. I switched here because my OBGYN told me their embryology lab is the best of the best, and I would agree. They're at the forefront of the latest protocols and treatments, and they do it all with a very warm bedside manner....Dr. Friedman's nursing staff are truly excellent. Kind, compassionate, and at the top of their game...There was one instance when I received a protocol with dates from one nurse, and then another protocol with other dates from another nurse. This was quickly corrected and all was fine.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is an amazing doctor - brilliant, knowledgeable, kind and caring. She truly cares about her patients - both their well-being and success. I did not always see her at my appointments, which is to be expected, but I always knew she was involved in my treatment plan and cared.
Definitely choose Dr. Friedman for your fertility care. You will be in the best and most caring hands.
Dr. Friedman, her MA Irene, and the entire team at San Diego Fertility Center are incredibly warm and kind, not to mention brilliant and on the cutting-edge of fertility care. I was always able to get in touch with Irene by phone or email. Dr. Friedman was attentive and engaged in my care. She called with the utmost excitement in her voice to tell me I was pregnant following the second transfer I did with her. It's evident she truly cares about her patients.
In my second frozen embryo transfer, which was successful, Dr. Friedman recommended a 2-month course of Depot Lupron if we wanted to be absolutely sure we had done everything possible, as she suspected I may have had adenomyosis. It may have been that decision that led to a successful transfer, and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Friedman!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Dr. Friedman's nursing staff are truly excellent. Kind, compassionate, and at the top of their game. Cindy was our primary nurse and she was really great. Irene is Dr. Friedman's medical assistant and she served as our care coordinator. I LOVE Irene. She's so incredibly kind and caring, and wonderful about helping take care of all the logistics.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic's greatest strength is their clinical excellence. I switched here because my OBGYN told me their embryology lab is the best of the best, and I would agree. They're at the forefront of the latest protocols and treatments, and they do it all with a very warm bedside manner.
2021, Successful
Dr. Park is my angel. She and her staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] were pleasant, efficient and supported me every step of the way. I can’t thank them enough for my beautiful girl...I was confident that my treated was tailored to my individual needs...[nurse] Cindy was kind detailed and easy to communicate with...After 1 round of IVF and my first transfer I was pregnant
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
When I found doctor Park at 43, I was hopeless and discouraged after two different doctors had strongly recommended donor eggs, one refusing to treat me without them. From my initial consult with Dr. Park, she was optimistic and positive, thoroughly explaining the protocol she believed could help and how it would be different than my last two rounds. I’m so glad I trusted her, so much so that I drove down from Orange County for all my appointments. After 1 round of IVF and my first transfer I was pregnant and I’m currently sitting here with my 4 month old daughter. Needless to say Dr. Park is my angel. She and her staff were pleasant, efficient and supported me every step of the way. I can’t thank them enough for my beautiful girl.
Na
I was confident that my treated was tailored to my individual needs.
Na
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christianson )
Cindy was kind detailed and easy to communicate with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Insurance covered some but total out of pocket was approximately 10k plus medication.

2021, Successful
Dr Park was amazing in accompanying us through this journey, sharing all the information we needed and wanted, providing strong insights based on her experience to support us every steps of the way...has a genuinely human approach in treating her patients, what gave us full confidence we made the right choice in going to her...transparent communication was very helpful to make the best rationale decision in a time that is very emotionally challenging for patients...
We had interactions with Dr Park direclty and a lot of SDFC stakeholder. Each role was very clear and coordination across the different team members was very effective. So navigation was super smooth and guided all the way...Dr Park was very transparent, providing us all the necessary information for us to make the right decisions. She has a genuinely human approach make us 100% certain we made the right choice in selecting her...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
do not hesitate at all!!
Dr Park was amazing in accompanying us through this journey, sharing all the information we needed and wanted, providing strong insights based on her experience to support us every steps of the way. Dr Park has a genuinely human approach in treating her patients, what gave us full confidence we made the right choice in going to her.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
We had interactions with Dr Park direclty and a lot of SDFC stakeholder. Each role was very clear and coordination across the different team members was very effective. So navigation was super smooth and guided all the way, thanks to the great experience from SDFC.
40k$
Dr Park experience and transparent communication was very helpful to make the best rationale decision in a time that is very emotionally challenging for patients

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding. When I had concerns she did her best to make me feel better about them. She was honest and caring...The first two cycles included hormone treatments. For the third we tried the same approach, but my body wasn't responding so we ended up doing a natural cycle...Dr. Park explained everything to me in an easy to understand manner. She knew the details of our file, including the names of the twins we loss from the first cycle...
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is great! They were very compassionate and professional. They definitely made me feel comfortable...It was always clean, especially during the pandemic, they did their best to ensure the safety of the patients. The clinic was very professional and the staff was very friendly...Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding. When I had concerns she did her best to make me feel better about them. She was honest and caring! She made me feel like she wanted the best for us. After we lost our twins from the first cycle, she insisted that we give it some time for me to heal even though I didn't want to wait. At the time if felt like torture, but later I understood the reasoning and I am glad we followed her guidance.
Trust the process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great! They were very compassionate and professional. They definitely made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was great. It was always clean, especially during the pandemic, they did their best to ensure the safety of the patients. The clinic was very professional and the staff was very friendly!

2021, Successful
Dr Park is very warm and positive and explains everything in detail...Although she is very busy she always found time when we needed her. She has a team that works very well together. She understand the fears and concerns of the patients and always leaves you with a positive feeling...she is very easy going and clear and precise at the same time....
as non-US residents we were recommended [by San Diego Fertility Center] to do a singleton transfer rather than twins. The reason was that twins have a higher risk of premature birth which can create medical costs that are not covered by the health insurance if you are not a US citizen...egg retrieval, ICSI, embryo freezing, surrogate preparation, embryo transfer. all in approx. 40k$...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was always there for us. Although she is very busy she always found time when we needed her. She has a team that works very well together. She understand the fears and concerns of the patients and always leaves you with a positive feeling.
You can completely relax as she is very easy going and clear and precise at the same time.
Dr Park is very warm and positive and explains everything in detail.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
strengths: own egg donor database (saves agency costs) great communication (you do not solely rely on the agency as far as communication is concerned). outstanding lab facilities. no weaknesses identified
as non-US residents we were recommended to do a singleton transfer rather than twins. The reason was that twins have a higher risk of premature birth which can create medical costs that are not covered by the health insurance if you are not a US citizen.

IUI With Other Docs
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Freidman was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one....prefers single embryo transfer each time...Very soft spoken and great bed side manner...willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple...truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic! Ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to speak your mind with treatment ideas.
Overall the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in...They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very soft spoken and great bed side manner. Always lends a listening ear and is willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple. She truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic!
when meeting with Dr. Freidman she was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one.
Our first frozen embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy. For the second transfer she modified the medications to try and better suited my specific needs. We added in Femara and Lupron. Unfortunately my second transfer did not result in a pregnancy either. Moving forward she is going to do the ERA biopsy and the ReceptivaDX biopsy to see if there is something we might be missing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ no longer works for the clinic, but when we had her she was awesome. Super friendly and always responded quickly to emails and phone calls with any questions or concerns we had.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in.
I don’t remember exact costs, but ivf was expensive. They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
She prefers single embryo transfer each time.
San Diego - Mission Valley

IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [with Dr. Susanna Park]...was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Sara York [nurse] was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues...The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sr. Susanna Park was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
Be completely confident that you will receive excellent, compassionate and courteous care in all respects!
I had an extremely outstanding experience with San Diego Fertility Clinic in all respects!!! I am a single man who is going to have a baby with a gestational surrogate. The entire process proceeded very quick;y and expeditiously from the.start. The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: SaraSara)
Sara York was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very roughly recall $20,000 to $30,000 for everything including additional transfers if needed
We discussed the pros and cons of each and decided on single embryo transfer as the safest approach.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Chuan is great! She is very good at explaining things and is encouraging. I just wish she was more available for questions. I have only seen her once at our consultation appointment. After our first IUI failed I wanted to change up the protocol and Dr. Chuan's staff said I couldnt do that unless I made an appointment with the doctor and I couldnt speak with her for 3 weeks (telephone appointment). Besides that, Dr. Chuan is the only reason why I have stayed with this clinic...Make sure you're prepared with all of your questions at your consultation appointment because you'll be dealing with her staff afterwards.
They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate...Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions)...I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 & trigger for IUI #1 which failed (only produced 1 mature follicle). IUI #1 scheduled 36 hours after trigger. IUI #2: clomid 100 mg days 3-7 & trigger 36 hours prior to the IUI. They actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Monica )
The nursing staff is nice if you sit there and do whatever they say and dont question them. The second you begin to question them, their true colors come out. I dont like that the give contradictory directions for example scheduling my IUI 39 hours after they told me to trigger rather than 36 hours after. They also said it didnt matter how my husband transported his sample, even though the paper directions they give with the sample cup have very specific directions. Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions).
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Advocate for yourself. The only one who acts like they actually care about you is the doctor (who you'll only deal with once). Ask your questions even if they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI was $700 not including meds which were another $100 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore. The PA wasnt listening to my concerns and said I would need to talk to the doctor about changing the med, which I know a PA can prescribe a new med. It would've taken a simple call/text to the doctor to change the med but seems like she just didnt want to.
Temecula
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle...never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind...I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica [nurses], especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protoc
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle (after a previous experience with another provider in NC that was awful). Dr. Chuan never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - use this amazing resource as an opportunity to never feel like you are being "a bother" to a provider ever again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan and her staff (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind.
Dr. Chuan utilized my previous IVF records and our consult to adjust a care plan for my IVF egg retrieval and frozen transfer cycle. She is more on the conservative side when it comes to her treatment and while I was not a fan of the additional injections at the time, I knew in my heart she recommended it for success. What I really like about Dr. Chuan is she did not just do an IVF cycle and leave it at that. She really cared to find the root of the problem, which for me was also endometriosis and fibroids, which she treated quickly and efficiently. In any previous IVF experiences, I had been shuffled around to different doctors when I did not meet a classic IVF response. Dr. Chuan never made me feel like she was going to just send me back to my OB-GYN or primary care doctor - she truly is a fertility specialist and does not just focus her energy on the high dollar IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn and Monica)
It is hard to write a review on the Temecula staff without getting emotional. I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica, especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protocols and medication, performed any in-office procedures and ultrasounds, delivered all my health information precisely and accurately and I always knew I was in good hands. I never felt like I was in a doctor's office, it always felt like I was visiting friends who truly cared and were rooting for my success from day 1. They make you feel like you are the only patient in their care. I do not know how they can do that for hundreds of people but they do! I especially liked that I felt I really had a 'team'; I saw the same people every single time and that consistency was essential.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC works like a well-oiled machine. If someone does not have an answer, they immediately can redirect you to someone that does. I made all of my appointments through Myrna and I never had a difficult time finding an appt time that would work with my schedule, and she made everything quick and easy. I am SO grateful that SDFC offers satellite offices. All other major procedures were performed in the San Diego office which is beautiful and state-of -the-art. The offices are clean and beautiful, and all the staff I encountered were great.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Chuan spent a lot of time with me on a phone consult to discuss my options of transferring embryos. We discussed the pros and cons, she recommended me to a genetic counselor (which was FABULOUS and helped me to understand so much more), and she made me feel like the decision was ultimately up to me. She was supportive of transferring two embryos, when in the past clinics have said only those over the age of 40 can do so, as long as they were all a healthy quality, and she told me when she was uncomfortable with one of my choices. I respected her decision and we were successful for the first time ever.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only had one minor problem with having records transferred to my OB-GYN. It was the second records request (the initial one was immediate and perfect) and I sent it via email. Once I followed up it was corrected that day.
Temecula

[Dr. Susanna Park] She’s positive and hopeful, and very smart, but I feel like there could have been a better exchange of protocol and procedure specifically to my diagnosis...She will transfer multiple embryos and abnormal embryos. I like this aspect of Dr. Park. We are grown adults making the grown decisions for ourselves and our future . She gives us all the information to make an informed decision.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Great office. Great receptionist. Beautiful, high tech facility. They are professional and knowledgeable. They see a lot of patients of all kinds. They are doing a good job. If you need a lot of coddling, you may want another clinic...[nursing staff] They were busy. I had to reach out, but they always answered my questions in a timely, friendly e mail and were kind and knowledgeable when I went to my appointments.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She’s positive and hopeful, and very smart, but I feel like there could have been a better exchange of protocol and procedure specifically to my diagnosis. I also think they should heavily promote supplements, which they don’t. I had to learn and advocate on my own.
Ask for all the ways in which she feels egg quality could go up! Know the statistics 💯.
She’s very popular and busy in this big city, so I know we are one of many, but once in her office we always felt we had her full attention.
I don’t remember. I’m sorry.
Approx $40,000
She trusts her patients to make the best decisions for themselves. She will transfer multiple embryos and abnormal embryos. I like this aspect of Dr. Park. We are grown adults making the grown decisions for ourselves and our future . She gives us all the information to make an informed decision.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Park has great bed side manner, she makes you feel very comfortable and not like a number...she explains things very well. Listens to my concerns, and is open to any other suggestions I may have. I always leave her office feeling like there is a plan in place...Started with a couple IUIs as we had conceived once naturally, and then knew we wanted to be aggressive and go right on to IVF.
We did the money back guaranteed program which was $25k but got a good military discount. PGS testing was another $4k...SDFC is a well oiled machine. They have multiple office that can be helpful when you work and live in different areas. The facilities are great and super clean and up to date. Scheduling is very easy and they communicate very well. The only weakness I have is that you may get passed around to different nurses, but that also helps to get you appointments when you need them...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I am really pleased seeing Dr. Park, she explains things very well. Listens to my concerns, and is open to any other suggestions I may have. I always leave her office feeling like there is a plan in place
She will answer all of your questions, so come prepared with anything you want to run by her.
Started with a couple IUIs as we had conceived once naturally, and then knew we wanted to be aggressive and go right on to IVF. I have an auto immune disorder, so she made sure to stay in contact with my endo to ensure my levels were where they needed to be. Waiting transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very pleasant and as you go to more appointments you get to know them. There are quite a few you may have interactions with, but that is because it is a big clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
No strong preference, but we only want to transfer one at a time

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Chuan was always available and she took special care with all her patients. It felt like she was truly invested in my success...was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
[San Diego Fertility Center is a] Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant...22k for retrieval and first transfer, 4700 for frozen embryo transfer and 500 per year for embryo storage
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
Trust her treatment plan. She honestly cares and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant. Which are excellent statistically speaking.

2018 - 2020, Successful
The clinic staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!...Dr. Park instilled a lot of confidence in our journey and was quick to explain the concerns and strengths in a kind and authentic manner. She was available for appointments and was supportive throughout our journey...recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine...carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't delay! Move forward with Dr. Park and her team and you will not be disappointed
Dr. Park carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic staff was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!
Dr. Park recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine.