9.9

San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

2022, Consult
Dr. Friedman is by far the most personable and compassionate physician I’ve met through your fertility journey. She immediately made me feel at ease, explained everything in thorough detail, and never makes me feel like I am taking up her time...After our initial consultation, Dr. Friedman had hope that we would be able to try other, less invasive/costly treatments first.
From the beginning, SDFC made me feel welcome by going the extra mile that no other clinic had done - making sure I knew and was connected to my care team immediately, made sure I had access to contact Dr. Friedman’s MA, and gave me upfront information on the costs/worked with me to clear insurance information up...SDFC is state of the art, comfortable yet clean and updated. Staff do a great job of making you feel welcome from the moment you check in. I’ve always been able to get on the schedule for an appointment in a reasonable amount of time and the one time I was asked to reschedule, it was explained to me that Dr. Friedman had to be offsite for an emergency surgery on another patient.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
To go in with an open mind. I went in thinking we would immediately have to resort to IVF because of the feedback I’d gotten from other fertility clinics/doctors. After our initial consultation, Dr. Friedman had hope that we would be able to try other, less invasive/costly treatments first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I researched many fertility clinics and tried establishing care at two other well known clinics before landing on Dr. Friend man and SDFC. From the beginning, SDFC made me feel welcome by going the extra mile that no other clinic had done - making sure I knew and was connected to my care team immediately, made sure I had access to contact Dr. Friedman’s MA, and gave me upfront information on the costs/worked with me to clear insurance information up.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Have not started treatments officially yet. Dr. Friedman recommended sperm freezing (husband is in the military and will deploy). She also discussed egg freezing with me (27 with low AMH) for future pregnancies as an option. Treatment plan includes clomid for a few cycles before moving on to IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Irene )
Irene is always very responsive to emails and answers all of my questions clearly and thoroughly. I’ve always been able to get a reply from her within 48 hours.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
With tricare insurance, I had to meet my $150 annual deductible. Afterwards, my copay kicked in for $35/visit. While diagnostic exams were covered, actual fertility treatments and/or medication will not be covered at all.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.

2021, Successful
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner...I’ve donated eggs before so I knew the process but undergoing it myself I had a lot of questions and she answered all in a respectful and honest way...I would have liked to see her more frequently but every time we did meet she exceeded my expectations...She told me what I was likely to expect based on my medical history
Although the [San Diego Fertility Center] staff was the same, my primary nurse kept changing so it is hard for me to rate since it was always someone different...Strengths: bedside manner, reputation, costs, information and follow up. Weaknesses: I would have liked to have had the same nurse throughout the process...We worked together to determine final costs with billing vs cash payments
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would have liked to see her more frequently but every time we did meet she exceeded my expectations. I will be going back for a second retrieval (in order to increase the number of eggs stored, and no doubt she will be the one I will go with).
Please ask many questions and also do your research before, this way you know what you are getting into. Go in with neutral expectations because many factors will affect your results.
Dr. Friedman has a great bedside manner. I knew to go to her because one of my good friends also went with her and they ended up pregnant. I’ve donated eggs before so I knew the process but undergoing it myself I had a lot of questions and she answered all in a respectful and honest way.
My treatment was pretty straightforward, I have a non hormonal iud so I could start treatment right away. When I missed dosage for oral birth control she adjusted and I was closely monitored when I started injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Irene Aguilar )
Although the staff was the same, my primary nurse kept changing so it is hard for me to rate since it was always someone different. Regardless the overall staff was great.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths: bedside manner, reputation, costs, information and follow up. Weaknesses: I would have liked to have had the same nurse throughout the process. Again, not a big complaint since everyone was awesome, just a “nice to have”
It was expected, my insurance covered more than I thought which was spectacular. We worked together to determine final costs with billing vs cash payments
She told me what I was likely to expect based on my medical history and she. I was pretty obsessive about gathering many years worth of medical history which really helped. I was a bit disappointed with the number of eggs frozen but it was a really good number no matter what. It’s human nature to want more in order to up your chances.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
This was mostly after the fact with insurance, billing and payment. There was just some general confusion that could have been resolved faster over the phone but instead happened over email. It’s fine, it was all resolved in the end

2021, Unsuccessful
I appreciated the information that she [Dr. Park] gave us during our initial consult, it was clear and she gave us time to ask lots of questions. At the end of our time with their clinic - I felt that the numbers that were given to us were not as truthful. They seemed to be to gain our trust, but the real numbers and percents were different when we had to sign papers, and then we did not have a person to ask questions.
[San Diego Fertility Center] is disorganized and no one knows what is happening. It is difficult to get information. The clinic is very beautiful, but the staff is cold and not very welcoming...I was given a month on estrogen pills and testosterone gel that was supposed to suppress my regular cycle. This did not work as I got pregnant right before the stimulation cycle started. (my pregnancy was exposed to 5 days of Gonal-f and menopur - resulting in a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy ).
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I appreciated the information that she gave us during our initial consult, it was clear and she gave us time to ask lots of questions. At the end of our time with their clinic - I felt that the numbers that were given to us were not as truthful. They seemed to be to gain our trust, but the real numbers and percents were different when we had to sign papers, and then we did not have a person to ask questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
To go in knowing that it is a private practice and they may not be as upfront and honest as university or learners clinic. Know that you need to go in advocating for yourself and what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our fertility plan was a photocopy of a generic fertility plan that had been copied over and over again - so that it was difficult to read. Every day I met with new nurses - which I expected, but they had not reviewed my chart or had any idea of what was happening in our situation. Their general plan of birth control to suppress my system did not work and we ended up finding we were pregnant midway through our stimulation.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was given a month on estrogen pills and testosterone gel that was supposed to suppress my regular cycle. This did not work as I got pregnant right before the stimulation cycle started. (my pregnancy was exposed to 5 days of Gonal-f and menopur - resulting in a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy ). I was on 300 Gonal-F and 150 Menopur for 5 days before my pregnancy was discovered.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
It was not easy to contact a nurse if I had a question. I called and left a message and I never received a call back. The nurses bedside manner was good but they did not read notes ahead of time. So they came in excited to look a baby on the ultrasound when I was post miscarriage and suspecting an ectopic pregnancy. It was traumatizing. My favorite people where those who did the blood draws. They were very kind and wonderful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It is disorganized and no one knows what is happening. It is difficult to get information. The clinic is very beautiful, but the staff is cold and not very welcoming. I know others who have had really good luck and liked this clinic, unfortunately that was not our experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
You could schedule around your schedule but the schedule filled up quickly. There may have been more patients than staff at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
We were selected for a success guarantee program that would pay for as many transfers as embryos. It cost $29,000
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Park will only transfer one embryo at a time if they are PGTA tested, and they would prefer to only transfer one at time most times but would transfer up to two depending on what is needed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They run based on a general plan, but they did not treat us as individual people. so if their basic program does not work - they do not know what to do.

2021, Unsuccessful
I only ever saw Dr. D [Dr. Said Daneshmand} for about 5 minutes at a time, only a handful of times during my entire cycle. This is very different from my previous experiences and I do not prefer that. It is important to me to have a strong relationship with my doctor...he made big promises for improvement in an IVF cycle if we moved forward with him and did not produce results
They [San Diego Fertility Center] have a large staff which makes it very easy to get appointments scheduled and questions answered. Since it is a large clinic it is hard to feel not like a number...They [nursing staff] were phenomenal. Always took their time with me and never rushed me...My current doctor has asked for my records and still has not received them. I also never heard back from Dr. D when I let him know that I miscarried at 10 weeks. A simple response to an email could have gone a long way..
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
He is very personable which I love. However, he made big promises for improvement in an IVF cycle if we moved forward with him and did not produce results. When we asked him what went wrong he didn’t know and we would have to do another cycle. Being so confident in the beginning did not manage our expectations and made the outcome of the cycle much harder to handle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be proactive by doing your own research and asking for explanations at every turn, especially when developing the protocol. I trusted Dr. D to create a protocol that would work rather than continuing to do my own research. I let my guard down by fully trusting him to get me the results I wanted and it ended up in another cycle of most of our day 3 embryos not surviving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
I only ever saw Dr. D for about 5 minutes at a time, only a handful of times during my entire cycle. This is very different from my previous experiences and I do not prefer that. It is important to me to have a strong relationship with my doctor.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Birth control start, 150 IUs of Gonal-F multi dose, 75 IUs of Menopur, Lupron trigger (I had severe OHSS in my first cycle where I had to be hospitalized). There was really no rational explained to us just that this amount of medicine would ensure I would not have OHSS this cycle which Dr. D thought could have harmed my eggs and the outcome of the embryos. We retrieved 27 eggs, 16 mature, 15 day 3 embryos, 2 day 5 embryos. Dr. D did not recommend PGT even though our previous cycle had the same outcome (16 day 3 embryos, only 1 day 5 embryo). Dr. D could not explain why the same thing happened. We transferred both embryos and it resulted in a 10 week miscarriage (same as the previous cycle). When we did a follow up with him he said we could try again with a different protocol but at this point we have spent $50K and don’t have the money to just keep guessing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were phenomenal. Always took their time with me and never rushed me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They have a large staff which makes it very easy to get appointments scheduled and questions answered. Since it is a large clinic it is hard to feel not like a number. My previous clinic knew who I was and I didn’t feel as alone during the cycle (especially during COVID when my husband could not come with me).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
$15,100.00 not including medication, genetic screening or anything extra
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He listened to my desire to transfer both embryos given the outcome of our last cycle ending in miscarriage at 10 weeks.
Said Daneshmand

2021, Successful
Dr Park was amazing in accompanying us through this journey, sharing all the information we needed and wanted, providing strong insights based on her experience to support us every steps of the way...has a genuinely human approach in treating her patients, what gave us full confidence we made the right choice in going to her...transparent communication was very helpful to make the best rationale decision in a time that is very emotionally challenging for patients...
We had interactions with Dr Park direclty and a lot of SDFC stakeholder. Each role was very clear and coordination across the different team members was very effective. So navigation was super smooth and guided all the way...Dr Park was very transparent, providing us all the necessary information for us to make the right decisions. She has a genuinely human approach make us 100% certain we made the right choice in selecting her...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
do not hesitate at all!!
Dr Park was amazing in accompanying us through this journey, sharing all the information we needed and wanted, providing strong insights based on her experience to support us every steps of the way. Dr Park has a genuinely human approach in treating her patients, what gave us full confidence we made the right choice in going to her.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
We had interactions with Dr Park direclty and a lot of SDFC stakeholder. Each role was very clear and coordination across the different team members was very effective. So navigation was super smooth and guided all the way, thanks to the great experience from SDFC.
40k$
Dr Park experience and transparent communication was very helpful to make the best rationale decision in a time that is very emotionally challenging for patients

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding. When I had concerns she did her best to make me feel better about them. She was honest and caring...The first two cycles included hormone treatments. For the third we tried the same approach, but my body wasn't responding so we ended up doing a natural cycle...Dr. Park explained everything to me in an easy to understand manner. She knew the details of our file, including the names of the twins we loss from the first cycle...
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] is great! They were very compassionate and professional. They definitely made me feel comfortable...It was always clean, especially during the pandemic, they did their best to ensure the safety of the patients. The clinic was very professional and the staff was very friendly...Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was detailed and patient with us. She was very professional and understanding. When I had concerns she did her best to make me feel better about them. She was honest and caring! She made me feel like she wanted the best for us. After we lost our twins from the first cycle, she insisted that we give it some time for me to heal even though I didn't want to wait. At the time if felt like torture, but later I understood the reasoning and I am glad we followed her guidance.
Trust the process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is great! They were very compassionate and professional. They definitely made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was great. It was always clean, especially during the pandemic, they did their best to ensure the safety of the patients. The clinic was very professional and the staff was very friendly!

2021, Successful
Dr Park is very warm and positive and explains everything in detail...Although she is very busy she always found time when we needed her. She has a team that works very well together. She understand the fears and concerns of the patients and always leaves you with a positive feeling...she is very easy going and clear and precise at the same time....
as non-US residents we were recommended [by San Diego Fertility Center] to do a singleton transfer rather than twins. The reason was that twins have a higher risk of premature birth which can create medical costs that are not covered by the health insurance if you are not a US citizen...egg retrieval, ICSI, embryo freezing, surrogate preparation, embryo transfer. all in approx. 40k$...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was always there for us. Although she is very busy she always found time when we needed her. She has a team that works very well together. She understand the fears and concerns of the patients and always leaves you with a positive feeling.
You can completely relax as she is very easy going and clear and precise at the same time.
Dr Park is very warm and positive and explains everything in detail.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
strengths: own egg donor database (saves agency costs) great communication (you do not solely rely on the agency as far as communication is concerned). outstanding lab facilities. no weaknesses identified
as non-US residents we were recommended to do a singleton transfer rather than twins. The reason was that twins have a higher risk of premature birth which can create medical costs that are not covered by the health insurance if you are not a US citizen.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

[Dr. Michael Kettel] took the time to listen and thoroughly gather all information in our medical files before jumping quickly on any assumptions...didn’t push the most expensive treatment on us...showed me proof of my endometrioma on ultrasounds. I’ve had a few ultrasounds prior and that was never mentioned but I always knew something was wrong. Other doctors just shrugged it off...very explanatory in any answer he gave and made sure we understood.
[San Diego Fertility Center] provides a high level of privacy, they thoroughly walk you through all processes...also offer seminars to better educate patients. Everything from lab work, consultations, and procedures is all conveniently located in one building...No financing options available...nurse practitioners felt very confident in performing IUI procedures...[phlebotomist] was not as confident and a hard time drawing blood but she was very sweet and apologetic.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt like he took the time to listen and thoroughly gather all information in our medical files before jumping quickly on any assumptions. He didn’t push the most expensive treatment on us. Instead, he gave us a few different routes to take and let us know if we would be good candidates or not. I felt he was honest. He showed me proof of my endometrioma on ultrasounds. I’ve had a few ultrasounds prior and that was never mentioned but I always knew something was wrong. Other doctors just shrugged it off. He was very explanatory in any answer he gave and made sure we understood.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt like he genuinely cared and wanted to assist my husband and I in starting our family. He mentioned things that prior doctors never mentioned that made perfect sense. I felt comfortable on the first visit.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI Cycle 1: letrozole CD 3-7 & Ovidrel (trigger shot). Produced 3 follicles + 14 million sperm count after wash. Pregnancy test= negative IUI Cycle 2: letrozole CD 3-7 & Ovidrel (trigger shot). Produced 3 follicles + 7 million sperm count after wash. Pregnancy test= negative IUI Cycle 3: letrozole CD 3-7 & Ovidrel (trigger shot). Produced 3 follicles + 10 million sperm count after wash. Pregnancy test= negative
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was great. I felt like the nurse practitioners felt very confident in performing IUI procedures. In turn, that made me feel more at ease. I could tell that when the buses called with my test results they felt bad. They always made me feel like they were on my team and rooting for us. One of the phlebotomist on staff was not as confident and a hard time drawing blood but she was very sweet and apologetic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths: SDFC provides a high level of privacy, they thoroughly walk you through all processes, and have highly educated doctors on staff. They also offer seminars to better educate patients. Everything from lab work, consultations, and procedures is all conveniently located in one building. Weaknesses: No financing options available. You have to call in and make all of your own appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI cycle was approximately $700 w/ active duty military discount. Medication was an additional $97.
Michael Kettel
San Diego - Del Mar Main

So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Freidman was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one....prefers single embryo transfer each time...Very soft spoken and great bed side manner...willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple...truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic! Ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to speak your mind with treatment ideas.
Overall the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in...They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very soft spoken and great bed side manner. Always lends a listening ear and is willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple. She truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic!
when meeting with Dr. Freidman she was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one.
Our first frozen embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy. For the second transfer she modified the medications to try and better suited my specific needs. We added in Femara and Lupron. Unfortunately my second transfer did not result in a pregnancy either. Moving forward she is going to do the ERA biopsy and the ReceptivaDX biopsy to see if there is something we might be missing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ no longer works for the clinic, but when we had her she was awesome. Super friendly and always responded quickly to emails and phone calls with any questions or concerns we had.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in.
I don’t remember exact costs, but ivf was expensive. They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
She prefers single embryo transfer each time.
San Diego - Mission Valley

IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [with Dr. Susanna Park]...was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Sara York [nurse] was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues...The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sr. Susanna Park was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
Be completely confident that you will receive excellent, compassionate and courteous care in all respects!
I had an extremely outstanding experience with San Diego Fertility Clinic in all respects!!! I am a single man who is going to have a baby with a gestational surrogate. The entire process proceeded very quick;y and expeditiously from the.start. The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: SaraSara)
Sara York was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very roughly recall $20,000 to $30,000 for everything including additional transfers if needed
We discussed the pros and cons of each and decided on single embryo transfer as the safest approach.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Chuan is great! She is very good at explaining things and is encouraging. I just wish she was more available for questions. I have only seen her once at our consultation appointment. After our first IUI failed I wanted to change up the protocol and Dr. Chuan's staff said I couldnt do that unless I made an appointment with the doctor and I couldnt speak with her for 3 weeks (telephone appointment). Besides that, Dr. Chuan is the only reason why I have stayed with this clinic...Make sure you're prepared with all of your questions at your consultation appointment because you'll be dealing with her staff afterwards.
They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate...Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions)...I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 & trigger for IUI #1 which failed (only produced 1 mature follicle). IUI #1 scheduled 36 hours after trigger. IUI #2: clomid 100 mg days 3-7 & trigger 36 hours prior to the IUI. They actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Monica )
The nursing staff is nice if you sit there and do whatever they say and dont question them. The second you begin to question them, their true colors come out. I dont like that the give contradictory directions for example scheduling my IUI 39 hours after they told me to trigger rather than 36 hours after. They also said it didnt matter how my husband transported his sample, even though the paper directions they give with the sample cup have very specific directions. Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions).
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Advocate for yourself. The only one who acts like they actually care about you is the doctor (who you'll only deal with once). Ask your questions even if they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI was $700 not including meds which were another $100 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore. The PA wasnt listening to my concerns and said I would need to talk to the doctor about changing the med, which I know a PA can prescribe a new med. It would've taken a simple call/text to the doctor to change the med but seems like she just didnt want to.
Temecula
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle...never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind...I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica [nurses], especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protoc
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle (after a previous experience with another provider in NC that was awful). Dr. Chuan never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - use this amazing resource as an opportunity to never feel like you are being "a bother" to a provider ever again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan and her staff (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind.
Dr. Chuan utilized my previous IVF records and our consult to adjust a care plan for my IVF egg retrieval and frozen transfer cycle. She is more on the conservative side when it comes to her treatment and while I was not a fan of the additional injections at the time, I knew in my heart she recommended it for success. What I really like about Dr. Chuan is she did not just do an IVF cycle and leave it at that. She really cared to find the root of the problem, which for me was also endometriosis and fibroids, which she treated quickly and efficiently. In any previous IVF experiences, I had been shuffled around to different doctors when I did not meet a classic IVF response. Dr. Chuan never made me feel like she was going to just send me back to my OB-GYN or primary care doctor - she truly is a fertility specialist and does not just focus her energy on the high dollar IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn and Monica)
It is hard to write a review on the Temecula staff without getting emotional. I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica, especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protocols and medication, performed any in-office procedures and ultrasounds, delivered all my health information precisely and accurately and I always knew I was in good hands. I never felt like I was in a doctor's office, it always felt like I was visiting friends who truly cared and were rooting for my success from day 1. They make you feel like you are the only patient in their care. I do not know how they can do that for hundreds of people but they do! I especially liked that I felt I really had a 'team'; I saw the same people every single time and that consistency was essential.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC works like a well-oiled machine. If someone does not have an answer, they immediately can redirect you to someone that does. I made all of my appointments through Myrna and I never had a difficult time finding an appt time that would work with my schedule, and she made everything quick and easy. I am SO grateful that SDFC offers satellite offices. All other major procedures were performed in the San Diego office which is beautiful and state-of -the-art. The offices are clean and beautiful, and all the staff I encountered were great.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Chuan spent a lot of time with me on a phone consult to discuss my options of transferring embryos. We discussed the pros and cons, she recommended me to a genetic counselor (which was FABULOUS and helped me to understand so much more), and she made me feel like the decision was ultimately up to me. She was supportive of transferring two embryos, when in the past clinics have said only those over the age of 40 can do so, as long as they were all a healthy quality, and she told me when she was uncomfortable with one of my choices. I respected her decision and we were successful for the first time ever.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only had one minor problem with having records transferred to my OB-GYN. It was the second records request (the initial one was immediate and perfect) and I sent it via email. Once I followed up it was corrected that day.
Temecula

[Dr. Susanna Park] She’s positive and hopeful, and very smart, but I feel like there could have been a better exchange of protocol and procedure specifically to my diagnosis...She will transfer multiple embryos and abnormal embryos. I like this aspect of Dr. Park. We are grown adults making the grown decisions for ourselves and our future . She gives us all the information to make an informed decision.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Great office. Great receptionist. Beautiful, high tech facility. They are professional and knowledgeable. They see a lot of patients of all kinds. They are doing a good job. If you need a lot of coddling, you may want another clinic...[nursing staff] They were busy. I had to reach out, but they always answered my questions in a timely, friendly e mail and were kind and knowledgeable when I went to my appointments.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She’s positive and hopeful, and very smart, but I feel like there could have been a better exchange of protocol and procedure specifically to my diagnosis. I also think they should heavily promote supplements, which they don’t. I had to learn and advocate on my own.
Ask for all the ways in which she feels egg quality could go up! Know the statistics 💯.
She’s very popular and busy in this big city, so I know we are one of many, but once in her office we always felt we had her full attention.
I don’t remember. I’m sorry.
Approx $40,000
She trusts her patients to make the best decisions for themselves. She will transfer multiple embryos and abnormal embryos. I like this aspect of Dr. Park. We are grown adults making the grown decisions for ourselves and our future . She gives us all the information to make an informed decision.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Park has great bed side manner, she makes you feel very comfortable and not like a number...she explains things very well. Listens to my concerns, and is open to any other suggestions I may have. I always leave her office feeling like there is a plan in place...Started with a couple IUIs as we had conceived once naturally, and then knew we wanted to be aggressive and go right on to IVF.
We did the money back guaranteed program which was $25k but got a good military discount. PGS testing was another $4k...SDFC is a well oiled machine. They have multiple office that can be helpful when you work and live in different areas. The facilities are great and super clean and up to date. Scheduling is very easy and they communicate very well. The only weakness I have is that you may get passed around to different nurses, but that also helps to get you appointments when you need them...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I am really pleased seeing Dr. Park, she explains things very well. Listens to my concerns, and is open to any other suggestions I may have. I always leave her office feeling like there is a plan in place
She will answer all of your questions, so come prepared with anything you want to run by her.
Started with a couple IUIs as we had conceived once naturally, and then knew we wanted to be aggressive and go right on to IVF. I have an auto immune disorder, so she made sure to stay in contact with my endo to ensure my levels were where they needed to be. Waiting transfer
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is very pleasant and as you go to more appointments you get to know them. There are quite a few you may have interactions with, but that is because it is a big clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
No strong preference, but we only want to transfer one at a time

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Chuan was always available and she took special care with all her patients. It felt like she was truly invested in my success...was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
[San Diego Fertility Center is a] Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant...22k for retrieval and first transfer, 4700 for frozen embryo transfer and 500 per year for embryo storage
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
Trust her treatment plan. She honestly cares and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant. Which are excellent statistically speaking.

2018 - 2020, Successful
The clinic staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!...Dr. Park instilled a lot of confidence in our journey and was quick to explain the concerns and strengths in a kind and authentic manner. She was available for appointments and was supportive throughout our journey...recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine...carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't delay! Move forward with Dr. Park and her team and you will not be disappointed
Dr. Park carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic staff was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!
Dr. Park recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine.
2020, Unknown Success
His [Dr. Said Daneshmand] care is so personal, he is truly always available to his patients and no question is too small. He realizes how difficult it is to go through this process and takes it upon himself to engage fully with his patients...thoroughly reviewed ALL of my fertility history and assured me we would be successful...has an expertise in the field that cannot be replicated.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Does not feel like a factory like other centers. Warm, welcoming vibe. The surgery center is right downstairs which is very convenient and feels easier to manage than if you had to go to a hospital. Care is very personalized...communication with patients makes it feel like you are part of a family, not just another statistic. You get the feeling that they actually CARE if you get pregnant, and that they are doing everythign to help you get there.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. D is a gift to the world of fertility treatments. I wish every women could see him!! As a physician myself, I know how challenging it can be to connect to patients and make them feel heard. Dr. D has an innate ability to connect to patients, and he has an expertise in the field that cannot be replicated. I went to the "top" doctor in NYC before seeing him, and had awful results. When I met Dr. D, thoroughly reviewed ALL of my fertility history and assured me we would be successful. And he was right. I owe him so much!!!
Go to him earlier rather than later!! Dont waste time at other clinics.
After undergoing 3 unsuccessful cycles at Cornell in NYC, where I felt like I was being pushed through a factory system and rarely had contact with my doctor, Dr. D was a breath of fresh air!!! His care is so personal, he is truly always available to his patients and no question is too small. He realizes how difficult it is to go through this process and takes it upon himself to engage fully with his patients. His assistant, My, is equally as engaged and her communication with patients makes it feel like you are part of a family, not just another statistic. You get the feeling that they actually CARE if you get pregnant, and that they are doing everythign to help you get there.
IVF with gonal F, menopur, dexamethasone. retrieval, ICSI, frozen transfer, no PGTA.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Always amazing!!! Always available to answer any questions, even on weekends. If anythign was clear, they explained right away.
$15k
Said Daneshmand

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Park is very personable and understanding of her patients needs and desires. She is extremely knowledgeable and up to speed with the latest and greatest treatments and procedures coming out. She is very in demand, but still takes the time to get back to you...She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do...is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone [at San Diego Fertility Center] has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons...Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Make sure you message her, as you can't go wrong.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons.
She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do... we already had in our mind single.
San Diego - Mission Valley

I felt very valuable as a patient [of Dr. Susanna Park]...was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs...I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do...[the nurses are] The absolute best. They always had a smile and showed so much joy for you during your visits. They were all wishing and hoping for a positive pregnancy every time.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna Park was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs.
Ask questions! She is there to help.
I felt very valuable as a patient
I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do.
IUI treatments are 700 each time

2020, Consult
[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
So far, it [San Diego Fertility Center] seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet...Our Mini IVF was broken down into different categories. I think the cost before meds would be about $15K...[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explain
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park greeted us with a very warm personality and kind regard. She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
Just ask a lot of questions because she’s very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
We haven’t got that far yet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
So far, it seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet.
San Diego - Mission Valley

During our consult she [Dr. Sandy Chuan] was warm and shared stories of past experiences and was very easy to relate too. She was informative without speaking too technical...Very professional and knowledgeable...She went with the best program for me, not immediately to IVF...I was initially told to try IUI first as I've never tried to conceive. I had a HSG performed along with genetic testing to make it easier to find a sperm donor who wouldn't share a genetic abnormality. I had donor sperm shipped to main facility and it was ready for use for insemination. I did one normal unassisted cycle but ovulated prematurely. For my next cycle I used Clomid to increase the odds of healthy follicles. After the second cycle I had a positive pregnancy result.
I had a HSG performed [at San Diego Fertility Center] along with genetic testing to make it easier to find a sperm donor who wouldn't share a genetic abnormality. I had donor sperm shipped to main facility and it was ready for use for insemination. I did one normal unassisted cycle but ovulated prematurely...After the second cycle I had a positive pregnancy result...Both [nurses] were very supportive and remembered our names when we came into the office.... For my HSG it was between $100-175. I had my lab work done for free. For my first cycle it was $700, it was cancelled before insemination. For the next cycle it was $250 and was fully completed. I paid $80 for the Clomid and trigger shot, as it was partially covered by insurance. I also paid for genetic testing of my blood which was $250.00.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very professional and knowledgeable. The staff in her office was the best. Her NP, Monica, and the other assistants, both Jenns included made me and my spouse feel very welcomed. I would recommend her to anyone who is trying to conceive. She went with the best program for me, not immediately to IVF.
Be patient of any setbacks and stay positive! She has your best interest at heart.
During our consult she was warm and shared stories of past experiences and was very easy to relate too. She was informative without speaking too technical
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica (NP) and Jenn Hoffman)
Both were very supportive and remembered our names when we came into the office. Their focus was the same as ours and I felt they genuinely cared.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Easy location to find, clean and new building. Weakness is that is closed the weekends so you have to travel to another office for appointments. There is also no financial counseling on site. Other than those couple of things, the office is big and has an ample amount of rooms to see its patients. The waiting room is well set up as well.
I paid out of pocket for my expenses. For my HSG it was between $100-175. I had my lab work done for free. For my first cycle it was $700, it was cancelled before insemination. For the next cycle it was $250 and was fully completed. I paid $80 for the Clomid and trigger shot, as it was partially covered by insurance. I also paid for genetic testing of my blood which was $250.00.
Temecula

Dr Park is very sweet and professional. She carefully answered our questions, went through every detail we needed and was very available for us. She was very patient and took time to know us and our story... preferred single embryo transfer but a organised a Skype with our surrogate And us to discuss the other options after the first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. Very open but professional recommendations...
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is very welcoming, proper and well located. The staff is pleasant and professional. We feel confident as soon as we enter in the clinic. Every appointment has been done on time, no delay and the staff took the time we needed to feel confident (no rush)...packages for the IVF and the transfer to the surrogate have been proposed and then refined together to suit our needs.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park is an amazing doctor, professional and human. She is sweet and knows how to reassure and explains every step very clearly. She answers also emails personally and very properly. She was involved in our journey from day 1 to our baby girl birth and even beyond!!
Go with Dr Park. The clinic is great but I only trust 100% Dr Park among all the doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Sahadeo )
Stephanie is a very clear and human nurse. She supported us all along the process and carefully listened to our concerns or fears. She made the things very understandable and makes her sure everything was okay for us. We were able to join her each time we needed even during the weekend. Very supportive, nice and sweet
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is very welcoming, proper and well located. The staff is pleasant and professional. We feel confident as soon as we enter in the clinic. Every appointment has been done on time, no delay and the staff took the time we needed to feel confident (no rush)
Different packages for the IVF and the transfer to the surrogate have been proposed and then refined together to suit our needs. The costing was very clear and details : no bad surprise. Main costs were Eggs retrieval procedure and fertilisation including monitoring to prepare, surrogate preparation and monitoring including Medication for one cycle, transfer and PGT if needed. A success garantie package was one of the option we choosen.
Dr Park shared with us the different options : PGT or not, single embryo transfer VS transfer of 2 embryos. She gave us the advantage/disadvantage of each and the associated risks (biopsy of embryos for PGT, twins pregnancy, increase of only few % of pregnancy success if multiple embryos transfer). She preferred single embryo transfer but a organised a Skype with our surrogate And us to discuss the other options after the first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. Very open but professional recommendations

Investment Banker
After watching her video speaking at a conference on the MHB website, I instantly decided that I wanted to use both Dr Park and SDFC for our journey...[she] is hugely approachable and even though we had not met her physically by the time we started the process (only on Skype as we are from England), it did not distract from the process as all. You get the real sense that [she] and the rest of the SDFC team really care about what they are doing, they are passionate and want the best outcomes for patients, IPs and of course babies.
SDFC clinic is not the cheapest clinic as far as I can tell from my research. However, we were blessed with success on the first transfer and around 8 embryos have been created from a single egg donation. Overall, I would say that this is a very good result...There were a couple of nursing staff who provided us with regular updates. They were friendly and approachable.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park is hugely approachable and even though we had not met her physically by the time we started the process (only on Skype as we are from England), it did not distract from the process as all. You get the real sense that Dr Park and the rest of the SDFC team really care about what they are doing, they are passionate and want the best outcomes for patients, IPs and of course babies.
Dr Park is very approachable. I would recommend watching some of the videos on Youtube and the Men Having Babies website. After watching her video speaking at a conference on the MHB website, I instantly decided that I wanted to use both Dr Park and SDFC for our journey.
Dr Park is super friendly and approachable. We very much felt a part of the process even though we are in England and had to have calls via Skype. I was lucky enough to meet Dr Park at a conference when she was in London and even though she didn't know I was going to be there, she instantly knew who I was and was approachable, friendly and open. When we got our embryos she carefully explained each step, the risks and rewards e.g. of testing, etc.
Dr Park provided us with information on IUI, PGT testing and other things through the process. I don't remember the technical specifics but at each stage we were confident that we were equipped with the information we needed to make the right decisions for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The costs were dealt with by the finance department. The structure of the costs were set out with three different streams of programs to choose from.
As IPs we had decided we only wanted a single transfer so there was no debate around this.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Sandy Chuan] has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen...My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Jenn [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety...I did 2 egg retrieval’s back to back which worked out to be about $28k in that cost included a transfer. My second transfer was $4200 around there. Also had a hysteroscopy for $2500. The medications for stimulation were expensive and added an extra $7k to total costs. But to me was all worth it.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan from the moment my husband and I met her for our initial consultation showed us kindness and empathy. It was clear to us she was very invested in her patients and their success. My case was complicated as I had uterine fibroids and Dr Chuan was very honest and said I needed to have a myomectomy before she can do an egg retrieval due to large size of my fibroids. After having my myomectomy I waited 6 weeks before doing my first egg retrieval and only got 2 PgS normal embryos and Dr chuan took time to explain to me and my husband why another retrieval was a good idea. We did another retrieval back to back with much more success and got 5 PGS normal embryos. I had to wait 6 months post myomectomy to do a transfer and with covid was more. When I was finally ready to do a transfer My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Trust her! She knows what she is doing and she wants her patients to succeed.
She has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen
When my first transfer was a chemical I felt very sad and I didn’t expect it to fail since was a pgs normal embryo and I had a hysteroscopy before and uterine cavity looked ok. Dr chuan gave me option to Do receptiva test only cause she said due to my fibroids I may have andenomyosis or endometriosis and also did ERA. My receptiva was normal and ERA mildly Prereceptive. She ultimately felt the first transfer failed due to embryo. Next transfer she changed my protocol to Lupron and It was successful. She never gave up even when I wanted to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths are friendly staff, really nice facility makes you feel VIP, draw their own labs for hormone checks and pregnancy tests, doctors are all professional and nice. Surgery center is downstairs from the clinic so very convenient
Dr chuan felt strongly about just doing a elective single embryo transfer as we didn’t want twins due to the stress of my job and we had PGS normal embryos. After first transfer failed I asked her if we should do 2 embryos instead as this would increase my chances and she suggested doing one this time since I had a lot of embryos and if this didn’t work then we can do 2! So glad I listened to her cause now I’m pregnant with one embryo and twins would have been very stressful for me and my husband