11425 El Camino Real
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Treated 2015
He [Dr. Kettel] was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!On a day where we were full of anxiety and excitement at the same time, the day of our transfer, he was unbelievably kind and warm! For example, he knew that we had never gotten as far as an embryo transfer due to my egg quality, and immediately following the transfer of the embryo, he looked in my eyes and very sincerely said congratulations! I cried of course! He made it very personal like he understood!...
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V]... She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before!...
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Go in with high expectations because they will be met!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
This doctor was Honestly unlike any doctor we have ever Matt especially in the infertility world! He was immediately warm and friendly and unimposed by our questions and fears! It felt like we were his only patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Miller)
You could tell that the kindness and warmth really trickle down from the doctors to the staff! But as most people know the person you have contact with on a regular basis is your nurse. She was amazing! For example in her communication with me she often took time to acknowledge my fears and reassure me! This is definitely not been the case with most of my clinics that we're mostly sterile and their communication as if I was a checklist. Then when we finally got the results of a positive pregnancy through blood work results, she encouraged me to take a pregnancy test. I asked her why since I knew the blood test was superior. She said because I deserved to see a positive sign! Wow! I'll never forget that! She was so sweet! I took a picture of the positive test an emailed it to her thanking her for encouraging me to do that!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Frankie, is the name of the person who answers the phone sometimes. She is so sweet! Whenever I told her who was whether she remembered or not she acted like she remembered who I was and was so kind and made me laugh! I never felt rushed with any of their staff! My husband and I were blown away on our first visit that they scheduled us to meet with the manager of each department that would be handling our treatment. We had never met with an embryologist before! She answered all her questions like how do you store the leftover embryos. Before she left the room she sincerely said that she was going to take really good care of us and our embryos! I believed her! And they did!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were very discreet and professional

Treated 2012 - 2014
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process...Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him.
We did the "success guarantee" plan [at San Diego Fertility Center] which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Hummel was good at explaining the process of IVF in a caring and gentle manner. One thing that stood out was how he made a point of complimenting my husband which made him feel included (when sometimes I think husbands can feel left out). He is soft-spoken and thoughtful and made us feel like we were important to him. The only negative I can say is that he suggested moving on to donor eggs while I was on the table having the last embryo transferred. I thought the timing was not so good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Hummel is incredibly caring and empathetic at all stages of the process.
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
All of our IVF cycles were long prototcol with either ganirelix or cetrotide as antagonist, Gonal-F/menopur stimulations, Ovidrel trigger shots with Lovenox for blood thinners. The first two cycles were fresh day 5 transfers, transferring 2 the first time and 3 the second. We froze the rest and transferred them after the fresh transfers did not work. The last 2 cycles were frozen transfers with PGS. We used ICSI in all cycles because of my husband's low morphology. None of the cycles worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carrie )
Carrie did all of my ultrasounds- she was professional, caring, gentle, and a great resource for information. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciated her after I went to a different clinic where the nursing staff was not great.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and structured in a way that you will feel taken care of and not lost in a sea of numbers. You have your ultrasounds in the morning and then the whole group meets for a midday meeting so they can discuss your case together. They call you with an update in the afternoon. That way everyone is on the same page and there is no confusion. The same nurse gives your ultrasounds (mostly) and the same nurse draws your blood each time. They are not pushy, and don't waste your time. And the office is clean and beautiful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
We did the "success guarantee" plan which is supposed to give you money back if you use all of your embryos and have 3 rounds of IVF and do not have a live birth. This is not actually what happens- we ended up paying more money for each round and did not get anything back in the end. And the financial coordinator is difficult to work with- she does not answer phone calls or emails timely and then send you late payment warnings. This is the only part of the clinic that I did not like. They should not call it success guarantee, they should call it a discount plan for each additional cycle if you sign up for 3. It is misleading.
Describe William Hummel (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He was happy to transfer more than one embryo from the start, but I was 35 at the time that I started treatment and had low ovarian reserve. We discussed the possibility of twins- my husband is a twin and so we were up for it.
Treated 2010 - 2012
I was happy with Dr. Rakoff. I felt like he was up front with me about everything but will willing to let me do the IUI's even when it was clear he felt I should go right to IVF. He explained things to me clearly and when I was nervous for my mock transfer he was great about calming me down and letting me relax without rushing it...I remember unmedicated IUI's were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k
I remember unmedicated IUI's [at San Diego Fertility Center] were about $200 and medicated IUI's were about $500. I paid up front for two IVF cycles and I think it was around $10k...Receptionist at the time (Frankie) was really great. Clinic was well organized and well run and appointments were pretty much always on time...There was one nurse or coordinator that I didn't like - I think her name was Chris but can't be sure. She was not very warm and did my first IUI, for which I was very nervous, and she had little compassion. The woman who always did the blood draws came in with me for that first IUI and was amazing - she was so positive and compassionate every single time I was there.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You have to have done your homework and know what you want. I knew I wanted to try IUI's first even though he felt I should just go to IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Was always greeted by name by the receptionist and nurses and Dr. Rakoff made me feel like they really cared about me and the process.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three cycles without anything and then 3 with clomid before moving to injections. I know he changed it up when I didn't have a lot of follicles but can't recall what was changed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra, Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had 3 excellent quality embryos and he asked if I wanted to transfer all three given my age. I said absolutely not but I was ok with 2 since I would be fine with having twins but not fine with having triplets. I have twin boys so I am really glad we didn't transfer 3. But it was my decision and he did not pressure me one way or another. Again, you have to know yourself well and stick to what you believe.
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)

Treated 2017 - 2019
[Dr. Sandy Chuan] also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results....I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables...so you really don't ever see the doctors...Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her...We encountered several issues with the clinic missing key medications in my protocol. In addition, we had 10 cycles where she did the exact same protocol expecting different results. It was so disappointing.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle [at San Diego Fertility Center], not including medications...They're churning people through, so you really don't ever see the doctors. The nurses are just ok but they don't actually go through your file when you first become a patient, so make sure all your medical history is up to date. SDFC failed to have us update our immunization records and we didn't know until they were 4 years out of date.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Better record keeping of medications in protocol, and not trying the same treatment 10 times when it wasn't working.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy had good beside manner but it was difficult getting a meeting with her.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had poor lining so she used estrogen tablets and injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nurses really root for you but the fact that they missed medications listed in my file is inexcusable. I felt like I was tossed around from nurse to nurse and they omitted details when they communicated with each other.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
With insurance it was $4,000 per frozen cycle, not including medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nurses failed to add the doctor's orders to my protocol, canceling cycles twice. Dr. Chuan also did the same protocol for me 10 times expecting different results.
Sandy Chuan
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Friedman from the start listened to all of my questions and answered them to the best of her ability. She made me feel like I was not alone. She explained everything to us and after the first failed cycle she adjusted everything in hope for a greater outcome....We visited this subject [Eset] and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr] was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in....The entire process was amazing, I had no idea what was involved and the entire team was amazing. Answered any questions I had with prompt responses. I don’t have a bad thing to say about them.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Even though you have a plan, be open to change as it never goes as expected.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Danielle was amazing, she was so supportive and made me feel like no question was too dumb to ask. She went over everything in detail as I had asked. Being in the medical field I wanted to know everything. She even gave me her personal phone number if I had any questions after hours. She went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was clean, the staff was professional and friendly. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns. They truly care about their patients. Both clinics I visited were warm and I was so comfortable every time I went in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
The entire cost for 2 rounds of ivf and 2 retrieval’s was $39,000 not including meds. Medication was another $9,000
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We visited this subject and both agreed that single embryo transfer is the safest option for all parties involved and better chance of success with a full term baby.
Treated 2018 - 2019
My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She [Dr. Friedman] spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed. ... She really didn’t recommend any strategy besides do 3 IUI treatments and then if that didn’t work we would meet again. ... My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is clean, professional and conveniently located. ... MJ was suppose to schedule an important SHG and she didn’t. Also I never heard from Dr. Friedman after the SHG ... Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments. ... It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
My experience under her care was that I didn’t trust her opinion. It also felt like she was very quick to prescribe clomid even though I had no problem with egg production. It seems like they don’t care if you conceive multiples.
If you want to initiate all appointments, procedures and do most of the research on your own then this is a good place. Be careful of their numbers with multiples and follow hour intuition
My personal journey was not addressed in detail. She spoke to us about blanket percentages and we always felt like it was so generic and our specific situation was not addressed.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
Communicating with her nurse was always painful. She showed no compassion and was very confusing when it came to the next steps. It took us over 6 months to complete a check list that should have only taken 2 months
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean, professional and conveniently located. Some of the nurses there are very sweet and compassionate. The weakness is it’s hard to schedule appointments with the doctor and this delays your future treatments.
IUI is $700 a cycle
She was very fact and number focused and left the decision up to us if we do IVF.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . ... From the moment I met her [Dr. Friedman] she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go ... MJ is amazing she replies promptly to emails and calls and is such a delight to interact with
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the moment I met her she has been very kind and welcoming. She also has good bedside manner And makes sure to awnser any questions we have and is through in explaining the IVF process . I am very pleased so far and would highly recommended her because of this
No advice . She is wonderfuo
I first attended seminar with doctor Friedman and she very kindly awnsered all my questions with a good beside manner . Our interactions with her have been extremely pleasant
I was told because of blocked tubes it was best to go into IVF and skip IUI I started BC on day 4 of my cycle and then took 75 IUIs of menopour and 300 ius of follistim . Had egg retrieval and had 14 eggs retrieved and 12 fertilized and now have 6 embryos for freezing
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
the gal who awnsers the phones is super friendly and remembers me when I walk into the clinic . All the other staff is just as friendly .The blood draw gala make everything quick and painless :) .on egg retrieval day every one was smiling and joking around which put me at ease . Even though it was early (7am ) everyone was on point and ready to go
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were able to fit me on for monitoring based on my schedual
25k for gaurenteed sucess plan
She advised becuase of my age and chance of multiples 1 embryo was recommended for transfer because focous is to deliver healthy babies
Treated 2015 - 2018
I went to Dr Friedman for my first pregnancy (success after 2 IUIs) and now trying for a sibling. She is very kind, smart and knowledgeable. She can be blunt whereas I'd prefer a bit more optimism. She basically told me that IUIs wouldn't work for us first time around, but it did. I don't see her for IUIs but that doesn't bother me.... Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
This is a beautiful clinic [SD Fertility Center] -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.... IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stand up for what you want -- if you want to try IUIs first, say it.
Dr Friedman is very caring and has excellent bedside manner. She listens well and makes you feel very comfortable.
All IUIs were with clomid, trigger shot and ultrasound monitoring. I have a lot of follicles so the concern is that I'll overstimulate with more than clomid. I got pregnant after 2 IUIs the first time around. No success yet after 3 IUIs for a sibling.
MJ is Dr Friedman's nurse coordinator. If I have a question or concern for Dr. Friedman, I can call or email MJ and she'll get back to me fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is a beautiful clinic -- very high-end. They can have a full waiting room but I rarely wait more than a few minutes for an ultrasound or IUI. Friendly staff as well. You kinda have to take control of IUIs -- no one will check to see how they are working out or if you want to do another.
IUIs are $700, monitored medicated cycles with timed intercourse are $599
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Kettel took the time to review my case and clearly considered my specific situation when giving his recommendations.... He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!... The clinic is clean and beautiful, the staff are friendly, and their communication is great. They have gotten me into appointments really quickly and respond to emails and phone calls right away. I have not had any issues with anyone at this clinic so far.... [Cost Of Treatment] I have only had two appointments - the appointment with Dr Kettel was a $50 copay, and my SHG was around $300.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I came to SDFC as a new patient after having my first IVF baby at another clinic across the country and then moving to San Diego. My former RE recommended Dr Kettel, and I have been pleased with him and SDFC so far. He gave me a thorough exam and consultation for our subsequent FET cycle, and was very amenable to working with my old clinic where my remaining embryos are located. I have only been there twice (once to see Dr Kettel and once for an SHG, which a tech did), but the clinic is really on the ball and great with communication.
Have a list of questions ready to ask him.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We have not done a cycle yet, but he agreed to do whatever my former clinic wants, which is estrogen patches and crinone gel for a FET cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone at SDFC has been great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We would only ever do eSET with our PGS tested embryos, so I did not have this discussion with Dr Kettel.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I was treated as an individual and was included in the decision making process of my treatment. Dr Friedman treated me with respect, always addressing my concerns and celebrating my victories with me as well...is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
SDFC is full of compassionate and knowledgeable people, from the people who welcome you as you enter to the doctors. The clinic is available 7 days a week so that you do not have to manipulate your cycle any more than is necessary. I even had a monitoring appointment on a holiday. This was a much appreciated aspect of my care! The wonderful staff and practitioners are the clinic's greatest strength!...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman is extremely intelligent and compassionate. She is on top of the most recent research, which was important to me. She also treated me like an individual rather than using a cookie cutter approach to my care.
The fertility process is a real roller coaster, with many bumps. You have to have realistic expectations of yourself and everyone else. And be patient. The fertility journey unfolds over time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was excellent! Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, compassionate, and remembered me - which really makes a difference in how I experienced the process.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The doctor strongly encouraged me to use eSET rather than transferring multiple embryos. I probably could have pushed, but the scientific, medical, and personal reasons for eSET were very compelling, particularly since I had done genetic testing of my embryos.
Treated 2016
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success...She is super knowledgeable and made every option very clear and understandable for a new patient. If anything occurred she would think of our best interest...
Every staff member [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V] was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect...The most amazing staff that treated us like family on every visit. They were invested in our success through every step of the process..The best clinic in San Diego by far! Every step of the way was clearly defined, open lines of communication was readily available, and couldn't be happier...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success. We are happy to say that after one round we are expecting a baby in February and can't thank Dr Friedman enough. It was sad to leave them after 10 weeks, but they will always be in our hearts.
She is amazing!
She was amazing and made sure we were aware of everything during the process. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Every staff member was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect
Total cost of $25,000
Treated 2006 - 2011
Doctor cared about me and my future children. Goal was to get pregnant and as as patient, I was willing to do whatever it took to get there. Doctor was very transparent...Dr. Kettel started with not as intensive treatments but adjusted protocol as needed based on results and age...Tammy was my saving grace. She brought the reality into the picture and was very compassionate and caring.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed...Very pleasant, organized with appointments, accessible when needed, very caring and treated patients with great confidentiality. I felt the staff genuinely cared about me and my future children and were great cheerleaders. I felt like they were family.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor is pioneer, experienced with excellent results. Doctor has a great team of staff to assist every step of the way, who are excellent caregivers. SD Fertility Center is the only place I would go, they know me and the best care to achieve results.
Dr. Michael Kettel has great outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed.
Dr. Kettel discussed strategies when it came time to decide on multiple embryos. Very open and honest.
Treated 2017 - 2019
She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse. ... I have already referred several people to her. ... Dr Friedman said she would transfer two embryos if we really wanted twins but prefers to transfer one at a time.
Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient. ... The nursing staff is great and very good with communication. Sarah was my coordinator and she has been wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I have already referred several people to her. She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse.
Discuss all of your options and the realistic success chances for each one. They have a great donor program that might be an option.
Dr Friedman is very caring and wants the best for your family. On my first visit she told me she would do whatever it took to help us grow our family. She is a wonderful doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient.
Treated 2016 - 2017
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.... Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer.... In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
Clinic staff [San Diego Fertility] was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.... [Nurse] Annette was wonderful .... We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us,
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too

Treated 2018 - 2020
The clinic staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!...Dr. Park instilled a lot of confidence in our journey and was quick to explain the concerns and strengths in a kind and authentic manner. She was available for appointments and was supportive throughout our journey...recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine...carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't delay! Move forward with Dr. Park and her team and you will not be disappointed
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic staff was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
I’ve already recommended her [Dr. Friedman] to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us. ... She has a lovely bedside manner and we felt like she really listened to us and our concerns.
Monitoring appointments [San Diego Fertility Center] are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work. ... The downside of this clinic is that they are SO busy. That’s also the upside though, you know they’re good at what they do and that’s why they’re busy. The girls at the front desk are so lovely and the nurses are great. You can’t really go wrong here. ... I have an allergy to one of the medications and one of the nurses forgot when calling in a prescription. It wasn’t a big deal and was easily rectified.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I’ve already recommended her to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us.
You’re in great hands!
We have done so many cycles - I can’t recall the specifics anymore.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work.
Treated 2009 - 2018
Embryo Freezing
Dr D [Daneshmand] I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way ... I have very low AMH. All my cycles involved injections with clomid. Every cycle I had 100% fertilization rate and 80% made it to transfer
Everyone from the front desk, surgery center andin between has been beyond amazing. I have gotten to know all of them on personal levels and they genuinely care. They truly make this difficult journey a little easier with their compassion ... I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan ... My And Cindy [nurses] were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr D I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have confidence in him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very caring and positive
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: My Tran and Cindy C)
My And Cindy were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan
Said Daneshmand
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!... Great follow up and follow through. They [SD Fertility Ctr] have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.

Treated 2015
I was impressed that they [the nurses] were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She's very personable while professional. I do wish she'd be more willing to get into the details with me and more willing to use proper medical terminology, diagnoses etc. I believe her bedside manner is so warm and sweet that she "dumbs down " the info a bit.
Ask questions if you like the details. But she is very warm and kind and will make you feel comfortable.
They remember me. Dr Park seems genuinely enthusiastic to have us there.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Femara cd 3-8. Ultrasound cd 10. Follow up ultrasound , ovidrel trigger shot, IUI 36 hours later. Any of this may or may not be performed by Dr Park.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was impressed that they were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
$700 IUI cycle $150 ish for meds cash
Treated 2013 - 2014
Iui [with Dr. Susanna Park] failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time...She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment...Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her...She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing...She was absolutely wonderful!
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable...The clinic was kind and successful. Would go again if needed. We are happy with the result of course and dr Park was amazing. We are thankful. Everyone helped us through this difficult time. Everything was troubleshooted as needed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was absolutely wonderful! I have 0 complaints. She’s an angel. She was kind and caring. Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her
Listen to what she says and do it! She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing
She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment
Iui failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable

Treated 2012 - 2013
The entire team at SDFC were amazing despite our negative outcome. After 9 cycles feeling like a number in Australia it was refreshing to have such personalized care from SDFC.
The most gentle and kind medical professional I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He was like a grandfather in his care with so much respect for us and what we had already been through. Extremely gentle, kind and compassionate but also was the one to say enough is enough. We can't get you pregnant and you need to look at other options such as surrogacy, adoption or being childfree. Amazing man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You are in the best hands possible. If anyone can get you pregnant he will do it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Tanaka)
Commitment to us as a couple from overseas. Constant communication through the entire process. Going above and beyond even offering to bring me dinner to my hotel after a rough day at the clinic.
Treated 2013
Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.... Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .... Looking back first time was a test run, the second time was the same protocol other then switching the method of administration for meds for lining, injection vs patches.
Very busy clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr- Carmel Valley] and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.... 5k for PGS testing. 495 for mock transfers, 24,000 for the first round, 32,000 for the second round.... Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us .
Felt like he was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.
Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.
Doctor ensured we were informed but ultimately we made the decision .
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)

Treated 2015
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initially I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initally I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month. The assistant has since improved, I must note.
Treated 2011
Dr. Hummel was very caring and thorough, and I felt like my care was personalized. He also had a gentle touch.
Kendra [my nurse] was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
I had only two experiences with Dr. Hummel. The first was a telephone initial appointment to discuss my history and whether I was a candidate for donor egg IVF. The second was my embryo transfer. On both occasions, Dr. Hummel displayed kindness, intelligence and humor
He is terrific!
I don't know the details of the protocol used because I was the recipient. I had to take Lupron, birth control pills, estrogen tablets and progesterone in oil injections during my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra)
Kendra was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
I believe our donor egg IVF cycle cost $16,770, and our donor's fee was $7,500
Treated 2016
There is nothing negative I can share about Dr. Friedman. She is compassionate, intelligent, and answers any question we had. We felt supported and had full trust in her ability to assist us in our journey.
She was compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Without a doubt I reccomend Dr. Friedman. She's a very caring, compassionate, and professional Dr.
She was compassionate and caring.