11425 El Camino Real
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

2013, Unknown Success
Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.... Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .... Looking back first time was a test run, the second time was the same protocol other then switching the method of administration for meds for lining, injection vs patches.
Very busy clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr- Carmel Valley] and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.... 5k for PGS testing. 495 for mock transfers, 24,000 for the first round, 32,000 for the second round.... Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us .
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Felt like he was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Doctor ensured we were informed but ultimately we made the decision .
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initially I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initally I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month. The assistant has since improved, I must note.
2011, Successful
Dr. Hummel was very caring and thorough, and I felt like my care was personalized. He also had a gentle touch.
Kendra [my nurse] was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
I had only two experiences with Dr. Hummel. The first was a telephone initial appointment to discuss my history and whether I was a candidate for donor egg IVF. The second was my embryo transfer. On both occasions, Dr. Hummel displayed kindness, intelligence and humor
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
He is terrific!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't know the details of the protocol used because I was the recipient. I had to take Lupron, birth control pills, estrogen tablets and progesterone in oil injections during my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra)
Kendra was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
I believe our donor egg IVF cycle cost $16,770, and our donor's fee was $7,500
William Hummel (retired)
San Diego - Del Mar Main
There is nothing negative I can share about Dr. Friedman. She is compassionate, intelligent, and answers any question we had. We felt supported and had full trust in her ability to assist us in our journey.
She was compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Without a doubt I reccomend Dr. Friedman. She's a very caring, compassionate, and professional Dr.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was compassionate and caring.
2014 - 2015, Successful
I could not be happier with my care by Dr. Kettel. He is warm, compassionate, and honest. He has a great bedside manner and is extremely intelligent. I trust him 100% and highly recommend him!
I was always treated like one of the family! My care could not have been better at SDFC!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christensen)
She was so warm and caring! Gave us a hug when meeting us and was so timely and open in all communication!
Michael Kettel

2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Chaun] was great with providing statistical data to manage your expectations while providing these facts in a very gentle manner. With each IVF protocal I went through, she would tweak the medication or the protocal I was to under go based on how the prior protocal went. I had poor egg quality and a low ovarian reserve but after 4 rounds of IVF, we were able to get one PGS normal embryo! Dr. Chuan knew how important this one embryo was to me and would often personally do my ultrasounds, check ups and hysteroscopy herself.
SDFC staff were all very personable and knew who I was and what procedure I was undergoing every time I came into the office...very clean and easy to find with ample parking. Staff there are great not only in the clinic side but also the surgical team for egg retrievals, nursing staff and embryologists. The lab team was wonderful also and got back to me very quickly with questions...The order sheet tends to have an oversupply of what to purchase and sometimes you're left with pricey medication that you've paid for but haven't used.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan cares. She cares about you as her patient and is very understanding of what you're going through. She was great with providing statistical data to manage your expectations while providing these facts in a very gentle manner. With each IVF protocal I went through, she would tweak the medication or the protocal I was to under go based on how the prior protocal went. I had poor egg quality and a low ovarian reserve but after 4 rounds of IVF, we were able to get one PGS normal embryo! Dr. Chuan knew how important this one embryo was to me and would often personally do my ultrasounds, check ups and hysteroscopy herself. I remember she wanted everything to be perfect before we went through with the embryo transfer. I did have several cancelled transfers due to my lining not being thick enough and each time Dr. Chuan would apologize and change my protocal slightly to get me the best results. I fondly remember her saying "we only have one", and I knew how important this was to her as it was to me. Her taking her time and waiting until the perfect moment paid off as I had my baby girl in November 2020. She was right when she told me, "it only takes one".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As it pertains to purchasing the fertility medication, it's very pricey. I wish I had known I didn't need to purchase everything they noted on the order sheet all at once. As the cycle progresses, Dr. Chuan may increase or decrease certain medications. The order sheet tends to have an oversupply of what to purchase and sometimes you're left with pricey medication that you've paid for but haven't used. I learned you can order just enough to cover you for a couple days at a time and keep calling the pharmacy for a certain amount to last a couple days or through the weekend to ensure you only purchase what you need. It takes extra time and you have to be very organized with what your dosage is and also have to make extra trips to the pharmacy but it ended up saving us thousands of dollars in medication that otherwise would have been leftover.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan and the SDFC staff were all very personable and knew who I was and what procedure I was undergoing every time I came into the office. They would say hi to me by name and were all very friendly from the ladies at the front desk to the phlebotomists. Most importantly, I had a mini breakdown after my first IVF egg retrieval which resulted in 0 embryos. Dr. Chuan very kindly set aside time to talk to me that very day about my options and what my next steps would be. She was very empathetic to how I was feeling and when she spoke to me, she talked to me like a friend and not just a doctor to patient which I really appreciated. Under Dr. Chuan's care, I felt like she really understood how important this was to me on a personal level and I felt like she was my cheerleader keeping my hopes up when things seemed dire while still managing my expectations. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Chuan and her staff.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle, I was a "sandwich" protocol that resulted in low retrieved eggs and 0 embryos. My second IVF cycle was an Antagonist protocol that resulted in more retrieved eggs and 2 embryos however the embryos were not normal. My third protocol used estrace and testosterone gel that resulted in low retrieved eggs however the eggs were better quality. This was the cycle that we had our daughter out of. My last cycle was the antagonist protocol again that resulted in one embryo that was abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli)
The primary contact I had was with Shannon Martinelli, Dr. Chuan's medical assistant at the Del Mar Clinic. She was great at responding to my many many questions throughly and responded to me very quickly. Everyone I came into contact with was very helpful, kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and easy to find with ample parking. Staff there are great not only in the clinic side but also the surgical team for egg retrievals, nursing staff and embryologists. The lab team was wonderful also and got back to me very quickly with questions. I have no complaints with anyone I have came into contact with at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
I paid approximately $85,000 for 4 rounds of IVF including medication.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Sandy Chuan] has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen...My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Jenn [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety...I did 2 egg retrieval’s back to back which worked out to be about $28k in that cost included a transfer. My second transfer was $4200 around there. Also had a hysteroscopy for $2500. The medications for stimulation were expensive and added an extra $7k to total costs. But to me was all worth it.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan from the moment my husband and I met her for our initial consultation showed us kindness and empathy. It was clear to us she was very invested in her patients and their success. My case was complicated as I had uterine fibroids and Dr Chuan was very honest and said I needed to have a myomectomy before she can do an egg retrieval due to large size of my fibroids. After having my myomectomy I waited 6 weeks before doing my first egg retrieval and only got 2 PgS normal embryos and Dr chuan took time to explain to me and my husband why another retrieval was a good idea. We did another retrieval back to back with much more success and got 5 PGS normal embryos. I had to wait 6 months post myomectomy to do a transfer and with covid was more. When I was finally ready to do a transfer My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Trust her! She knows what she is doing and she wants her patients to succeed.
She has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen
When my first transfer was a chemical I felt very sad and I didn’t expect it to fail since was a pgs normal embryo and I had a hysteroscopy before and uterine cavity looked ok. Dr chuan gave me option to Do receptiva test only cause she said due to my fibroids I may have andenomyosis or endometriosis and also did ERA. My receptiva was normal and ERA mildly Prereceptive. She ultimately felt the first transfer failed due to embryo. Next transfer she changed my protocol to Lupron and It was successful. She never gave up even when I wanted to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths are friendly staff, really nice facility makes you feel VIP, draw their own labs for hormone checks and pregnancy tests, doctors are all professional and nice. Surgery center is downstairs from the clinic so very convenient
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr chuan felt strongly about just doing a elective single embryo transfer as we didn’t want twins due to the stress of my job and we had PGS normal embryos. After first transfer failed I asked her if we should do 2 embryos instead as this would increase my chances and she suggested doing one this time since I had a lot of embryos and if this didn’t work then we can do 2! So glad I listened to her cause now I’m pregnant with one embryo and twins would have been very stressful for me and my husband
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps...clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
All the nursing and support staff were amazing [at San Diego Fertility Center] - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Trust the process and ask any questions you may have.
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps. Additionally, her support staff was amazing. The amount of information can be overwhelming, but they were so organized and able to help us stay on top of everything we needed to do.
Stimulation protocols for egg retrieval included Menopur and Gonal-F, with increased doses of Menopur as we got closer to egg retrieval. We used cetrotide for ~5 days, and then Ovidrel (preferred to Pregnyl by insurance) to stimulate ovulation. With both cycles, follicles grew as expected, though a little slower the second time around. Each time I had ~8 follicles available. We retrieved 6 on cycle one, resulting in 4 embryos, of which 2 were good quality after PGS. The second cycle was even more successful than expected, retrieving 7 eggs, 4 embryos making it to the blastocyst stage, and all 4 with positive PGS results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli; Jenn Hoffman)
All the nursing and support staff were amazing - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful at being organized and breaking everything down simply to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed. It was always easy to schedule an appointment. All the staff were great to work with and had great bedside manner. Special shout out to Laura Dunn who helped us navigate through insurance and billing. Everything seemed to go very smoothly for us; SDFC staff work very well together as a team. I especially like their approach of discussing cases between the various reproductive endocrinologists to get the best results for their patients. I have some friends that received care through other clinics, which they did not recommend I use due to issues with not feeling cared for, heard, and questionable billing practices.
Prepaid cash price for 2 egg retrievals (with PGS for 8 embryos) and one embryo transfer: $31,556 Total out of pocket cost was lower due to services covered by insurance
San Diego - Del Mar Main

From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. ... She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day 1, Dr. Friedman was transparent every step of the way. She gave me honest advice and did not sugar coat my circumstances and she took my own personal situation and gave us advice based on my own needs and expectations. I am terrified of needles and she adjusted my cycles to ensure the least amount of injections were necessary to get the most favorable result - and always gave me the risk involved of such adjustments. She took my anxiety, emotions and personal experience with infertility into account with every decision we made. I cannot express how much I loved working with her and how upset I was to leave her care when I had a successful outcome. She truly changed our life and I am forever grateful to her and the staff.
Be honest about your fears / expectations / desires / needs, etc. and know that she will give you completely honest and tailored advice every step of the way.
Dr. Friedman, my nurse MJ and the entire staff became more like my friends/family than doctors and nurses. These wonderful people took an active interest in my progress and my emotional state throughout the entire process and I still keep in touch with them today.
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I really wanted to transfer two embryos because I would have preferred to double my chances of a viable pregnancy and felt having twins would potentially relieve me of having to go through any future IVF cycles. Dr. Friedman strongly advised against this taking into account my body type, my extremely active lifestyle, anxious personality, and the excellent rating of my embryos and one embryo was all I needed!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
MJ was the BEST nurse and care coordinator I could ever have been assigned. I am extremely terrified of needles and she personally came to my home to administer all injections throughout my cycles. She kept me completely informed of everything happening and I received all test results in a timely manner. She become part of our family and I miss working with her dearly!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Having first been to an infertility doctor at a hospital, SDFC was a breath of fresh air. The clinic was clean, comfortable, chic (as chic as a clinic could be), and the front desk staff were some of the most friendly girls I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I loved seeing them (and I saw them often) and they were rooting for me all the way. I loved that all procedures, labs, and surgeries were performed on the premises because I always felt like I was in a comfortable, familiar setting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
I paid upfront for a full IVF cycle which included all costs except medications. This provided me with the ability to visit the clinic without having to ever provide additional payment at each visit.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Please see my previous answer.

Investor
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls...Dr. Park is very friendly and articulate. She connected me also to several agencies for surrogate mothers. I chose one of the agencies she recommended and have been very happy also. I trust Dr. Park 100% and would recommend her to anyone.
I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here...I can expect to receive a very detailed report after each procedure/clinical visit. I was very impressed by the clinic and how well it is organized. I am very happy and confident my surrogate mother will be treated nicely by the nurse team there.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be ready for a great experience! :)
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls. I am very grateful that Dr. Park is helping me realize my dreams!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was referred to SDFC by another friend, who had a great experience. I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Don’t be afraid to ask awkward questions. Dr friedman is open and honest and will answer your even craziest questions about any process...Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...Always felt that I was in the best care...is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely...She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Egg retrieval with my eggs led to two embryos that were genetically screened and found nor viable [at San Diego Fertility Center]. We switched to donor eggs and were successful with the second implanted embryo...I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they [nurses] were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free...Organized and easy to get appointments around my work schedule. My questions in person or by email were answered quickly. I liked the settings of the facility as I always felt I was cared for with privacy and compassion. Nothing to recommend to improve.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr friedman is a fantastic doctor. I felt in good hands with all 3 procedures, the last leading to a successful live birth. She is not only a great consultant when meeting in her office, she has a great bedside manner and excellent surgical skills.
Dr friedman is sympathetic and caring while explaining procedures, expectations and answering questions clearly and concisely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
I have bad veins so each visit they’d have to get blood from my hands... they were excellent. Ultrasounds and other procedures were handled timely and efficiently and pain free.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Always felt that I was in the best care
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Chaun] is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr...always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever...Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn [nurse] was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr.Chuan is hands down an amazing Dr. She is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr.
This process may not be as easy as you think. Things may not go the way you had planned. Along the way, there’s stuff/issues you may find out about yourself and your body that you weren’t prepared for. Try to go in with an open mind and trust the process and trust the path Dr.Chuan takes you down. She has learned your body and she’s the best person to get you to your goal of having a baby.
Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman have been amazing with us. They both always were comforting and sincere every time I saw them. They always were upfront and honest with every question I had, even if it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. They both always went above and beyond to make my husband and I feel comfortable with the not always so comfortable process of IVF. Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Jenn Hoffman made our IVF journey as comforting as possible. She is always easy to reach and ready for any questions we have. Jenn is compassionate and truly cares about how I’m doing, how I’m feeling, and making sure I always have what I need. Jenn stuck by my side when I found out I was miscarrying on our first IVF cycle. My husband couldn’t go into the clinic, because of covid, so it was comforting having Jenn by my side. Im very excited that I am being promoted to the OB but I can honestly say that I will miss seeing Jenn and Dr.Chuan along the rest of our pregnancy journey. I couldn’t thank them enough!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The front office is amazing. The girls up front are always so sweet and accommodating. They always answer the phones when I call to ask questions or when I need to make appointments. The staff downstairs in the clinic area are wonderful as well. Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever and are very happy with the experience we’ve had with them the last 2 years. Thank you SDFC!
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation...She had excellent bedside manner, took the time necessary to explain things and answer all questions. She was well-versed on my laden factor 5 and knew what was necessary. She also took the extra time during the embryo transfer to make sure I didn't feel rushed and had me drink a bunch of water to have my bladder put pressure on my cervix. This allowed for a more accurate transfer.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive [at San Diego Fertility Center]!...It is a beautiful, state of the art, private clinic. It really helped make this whole experience more enjoyable! Everyone was always very pleasant and helpful and I never had to wait very long to be seen or get an appointment...She [Dr. Brooke Friedman] treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman was a wonderful Doctor! So much so, my husband and I just contacted her about trying for #2! She is extremely patient and caring. She also explains everything to me and my husband but gives us the choice after presenting all the facts.
Fertility issues can be really challenging for many different reasons but you are in great hands!
She treated me for endometriosis even though I didn't have an official diagnosis. After 2 failed transfers with 3 embryos she thought this would help reduce any inflammation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everyone was wonderful and supportive!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't remember. I do know we had insurance coverage for one of the embryo transfers though.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!...She was great at explaining to you risks vs benefits of multiple embryo transfer...would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Overall our experience was great [at San Diego Fertility Centerr]. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!...Jenn was AMAZING and so helpful to me all the time! She still is :) I couldn’t ask for a better nurse than Jenn!!...Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!
Trust her!
Dr Chuan was my favorite! And her staff. They were always so warm and helpful. Dr Chuan would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall our experience was great. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!
We probably spent a total of almost 100k

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Freidman was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one....prefers single embryo transfer each time...Very soft spoken and great bed side manner...willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple...truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic! Ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to speak your mind with treatment ideas.
Overall the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in...They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very soft spoken and great bed side manner. Always lends a listening ear and is willing to change treatment plans to best suit each individual/ couple. She truly wants the best outcomes for her patients. She is always optimistic!
when meeting with Dr. Freidman she was always very understanding and willing to listen to all our concerns. After our first frozen embryo transfer did not work, she personalized a treatment plan for the next one.
Our first frozen embryo transfer did not result in a pregnancy. For the second transfer she modified the medications to try and better suited my specific needs. We added in Femara and Lupron. Unfortunately my second transfer did not result in a pregnancy either. Moving forward she is going to do the ERA biopsy and the ReceptivaDX biopsy to see if there is something we might be missing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
MJ no longer works for the clinic, but when we had her she was awesome. Super friendly and always responded quickly to emails and phone calls with any questions or concerns we had.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is very nice. It has a welcoming environment. The only downside is the number of patients that they see. Often times they seem overwhelmed and are running behind on appointments. Not always super personable with the number of patients they take in.
I don’t remember exact costs, but ivf was expensive. They have a package deal you pay for that includes everything but the medications. You pay your pharmacy directly for the medications needed.
She prefers single embryo transfer each time.
San Diego - Mission Valley

So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.
San Diego - Mission Valley

She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. ... Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult. ... I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
They [San Diego Fertility Center] made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. ... They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. ... Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. ...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
Don't go, there are several better doctors in San Diego.
They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. I chose another doctor eventhough they were out of network.
I did two fairly low dose clomid IUI cycles. She should have advised against these based on my numbers. Although I didnt proceed with IVF she had me on birth control pills and was planning a very high dosage of medication, nearly $10k worth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had a different nurse every time. I had no one I could go to with questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very beautiful offices, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they showed little compassion to their patients. Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. They made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult.
The IUI were about $400 each and the IVF cycle would have cost me nearly $20k with them being in-network. The medication would have cost $10k.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They told me that I had a certain amount of insurance coverage but that amount changed when it came down to starting the cycle.
San Diego - Mission Valley

There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. ... She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. ... I thought this probably should have been mentioned. Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff!
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. ... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They were quick to respond to my emails and made sure to check on me after each procedure. During both IVF procedures the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff! However, we do wish we were able to meet with her more often instead of the nurses. She was also compassionate to our situation because we did not get the best results.
Eventhough the initial consult might be very informative ask questions to make sure you understand completely. Also expect not to see Dr. Park that often. We spoke to her over the phone more than in person.
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. l had 2 IVF cycles and only actually met with her twice before having both procedures, once at our initial consult and once after l got pregnant naturally and miscarried.
Our initial appointment with Dr. Park was great. She was recommended to us by my OB after my second miscarriage. She was thorough and kind and we came up with a game plan to try one more time naturally while on progesterone before moving on to any other treatments. After we miscarried a 3rd time we met with her a second time to talk about testing. She did an ultrasound and determined l was most likely experiencing poor egg quality. After receiving our test results back she really felt it was my poor egg quality that was the issue and we should do 2 rounds of IVF. We paid for both rounds of IVF up front which is around $30,000. We next met with a coordinator to talk about the medications l would be taking during the first round of IVF. She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. I questioned the nurse to make sure this is correct and she confirmed this is the protocol Dr. Park decided for me. I thought this probably should have been mentioned. During this round we retrieved 5 eggs 2 were mature and both fertilized but were very poor quality and did not make it. After this failed we had a phone call with Dr. Park where she explained the next round would be a full kitchen sink round with lots of medications including growth hormones. This round went better and we retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature 4 fertilized but none of our embryos made it again. So after 2 rounds of IVF we were left with nothing. I had a follow up call with Dr. Park and she was compansionate but it was clear these results were not great and we did not know exactly why. She suggested taking a step back and trying acupuncture to maybe improve my egg quality.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. When you have gone through so much already and make the difficult decision to move ahead with 2 rounds of IVF you want to feel that care.
For two rounds of IVF (Mini Stim and Kitchen Sink protocol- which there is no difference in the actual procedure) and PGS testing (which we never got to) we paid around $27,000 upfront to the clinic the same day we had our first ultrasound and blood work. Medications are not included in this number. Because we did not make it to PGS testing we were refunded for that portion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wish I was explained the protocol better for my first round of IVF. I mini stim is very different from a normal protocol or a "kitchen sink protocol" and I felt I should have been better informed by my Dr.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her.... She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).... I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized....
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours....San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols.... Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is a positive person. She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).
Keep in mind you won’t see her at every visit. However, the nurses are really nice.
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her. After deciding that my husband and I were going to try IVF, I called several other clinics. Dr. Park was the most positive of the doctors I spoke with.
For IUIs, I used Femara and a trigger shot. One IUI was canceled due to ovulating to soon while on Femara, and I did get pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn’t stick. My IvF experience, which was my last cycle, I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized. None of them made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours. I feel the communication between nurses and me, the patient, has been excellent. Another plus is that many of the nurses and the coordinators have been here for years. The staff seems very happy working for this clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols. Nurses and coordinators know what they are doing and communicate well. They have a few clinics around San Diego County, making everything more accessible. The clinics have been moved/upgraded in the past year. You feel like you are getting what you paid for. Staff seem happy to work there. Open to doing IVF patients at an older age. Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it. If you want a boutique clinic, this one isn’t for you.
San Diego Fertility Center gives you all the costs up front. Each IUI was $700, plus meds. For my IVF, I did the Success Guarantee Program. I had to qualify for it. It is $22,000 for egg Retrieval’s and any FETs after from the frozen embryos from that cycle. Being over 40, when it failed, I get 60% of that money back. I paid about $6,000 for my IVF meds. A cycle of IVF is about $12,000.
Dr. Park seems flexible with using 1, 2, or possibly 3.
San Diego - Mission Valley

We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error...Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate...She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding.... After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
This clinic [SD Fertility Center] goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.... The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
San Diego - Mission Valley

For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion...Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
Their weaknesses [San Diego Fertility Center] would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule...The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate...IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000...For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).
2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Park was very nice and accommodating. She thought out of the box for me and listened to my concerns. I did my own research and brought it to her and she ordered tests or treatments I requested. The only drawback was she didn’t fully know about MTHFR or believe that it could play a big role, but I think that I helped her to learn more about it and she’s slightly adjusted since.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic.... She [Dr. Park] likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.... $11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS... She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate- she will listen.
Dr Park was always very nice, she would listen to my concerns. She came to a hospital to do a fibroid removal for me since the hospital was covered by insurance and the clinic was not. She gave me treatments I asked for that I had researched.
She likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Mostly very nice. Could have better awareness of if someone is there for miscarriage follow up or chemical pregnancy etc so they can act accordingly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic. Dr Park was great, very honest and ethical and compassionate. Her team was very nice also and responsive via email.
$11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS
She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
San Diego - Mission Valley

She [Dr. Susanna Park] was very friendly and explained everything to me. ... She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. ... She made me feel very comfortable. ... If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them [San Diego Fertility Center]. ... I would recommend her to any one ... even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles
When I needed to be seen on weekends they [San Diego Fertility Center] accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back. ... They [nursing staff] were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles. ... This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. T
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was very friendly and explained everything to me. She made me feel very comfortable. She answered all of my questions and ensured I understood the risks involved with my treatment. I would recommend her to any one.
Be prepared for a no. Not every cycle will result in a pregnancy and it’s always tough when you get that phone call telling you that you aren’t pregnant. Stay strong
This office made me feel like I was a part of their family. They explained everything to me and treated me kindly and with respect. If I hadn’t of moved east, I would have still been with them. I love this facility and even though I didn’t end up pregnant during my cycles, I would still recommend this place to anyone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were super friendly and treated me with the most respect. They created an environment that felt very safe to be open and honest about our infertility struggles.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Everything was great there. I don’t think they had any weaknesses in my opinion. When I needed to be seen on weekends they accommodated that and any time I had a question and called the office I always received a call back.
San Diego - Mission Valley

The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious. ... The nursing staff were wonderful. They were very efficient. Everytime I had an appointment I was in and out within 30 mins.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is a wonderful and sweet doctor. She is very attentive and compassionate throughout the process. She always made me feel welcomed and comfortable everytime I saw her. After the first unsuccessful egg retrieval she asked if we wanted to try again. Knowing that we tied IUI in the past, she wanted to make sure that we emotionally and physically wanted to try the egg retrieval process again. During the follow up after the second unsuccessful egg retrieval, she presented us with other options. The process is not easy emotionally and physically. But her thoughtfulness makes the process a lot smoother.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She explained everything clearly, where you understand what's going to happen. She also took our feelings and emotions into account.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is a bit smaller than their main office. This clinic is also less busy. I can usually get an appointment pretty easily. I usually don't have to wait more than 5 mins. The clinic is modern and inviting. The waiting area is large and spacious.