11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success...She is super knowledgeable and made every option very clear and understandable for a new patient. If anything occurred she would think of our best interest...
Every staff member [at SD Fert Center - Carmel V] was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect...The most amazing staff that treated us like family on every visit. They were invested in our success through every step of the process..The best clinic in San Diego by far! Every step of the way was clearly defined, open lines of communication was readily available, and couldn't be happier...
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Friedman and the entire staff at SD Fertility was beyond amazing! After 2 years of trying to do this naturally we were recommended to this clinic and couldn't be happier! From start to finish we were always presented with the best options, greeted by warm staff, and know that they had personal interest in our success. We are happy to say that after one round we are expecting a baby in February and can't thank Dr Friedman enough. It was sad to leave them after 10 weeks, but they will always be in our hearts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She is amazing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was amazing and made sure we were aware of everything during the process. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
Every staff member was great to work with. They made us comfortable and explained with great knowledge each step of the process and what to expect
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
Total cost of $25,000
2006 - 2011, Successful
Doctor cared about me and my future children. Goal was to get pregnant and as as patient, I was willing to do whatever it took to get there. Doctor was very transparent...Dr. Kettel started with not as intensive treatments but adjusted protocol as needed based on results and age...Tammy was my saving grace. She brought the reality into the picture and was very compassionate and caring.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed...Very pleasant, organized with appointments, accessible when needed, very caring and treated patients with great confidentiality. I felt the staff genuinely cared about me and my future children and were great cheerleaders. I felt like they were family.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Doctor is pioneer, experienced with excellent results. Doctor has a great team of staff to assist every step of the way, who are excellent caregivers. SD Fertility Center is the only place I would go, they know me and the best care to achieve results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Michael Kettel has great outcomes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was always provided a quote for expected treatment. They contacted insurance company as needed. Offered several options for payment. At times, did not keep track of billing and notify in a timely manner what was owed.
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Kettel discussed strategies when it came time to decide on multiple embryos. Very open and honest.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse. ... I have already referred several people to her. ... Dr Friedman said she would transfer two embryos if we really wanted twins but prefers to transfer one at a time.
Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient. ... The nursing staff is great and very good with communication. Sarah was my coordinator and she has been wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I have already referred several people to her. She is kind and caring but also very knowledgeable and confident. When we had a cancelled cycle she took the time to call me on her day off to talk to me about next steps and moving forward. I always heard bad news from Dr Friedman directly which made it a little easier than hearing it from a nurse.
Discuss all of your options and the realistic success chances for each one. They have a great donor program that might be an option.
Dr Friedman is very caring and wants the best for your family. On my first visit she told me she would do whatever it took to help us grow our family. She is a wonderful doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic has great communication and a top notch lab. It’s clean and things are explained well throughout the process. You always know how your embryos are doing or how your donor’s cycle is going. They are well organized and efficient - open on the weekends for certain appointments which is convenient.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us, even multiple times if needed. He was very realistic about our chances and let us know what our options were at all times.... Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer.... In the beginning we only transferred two, as Dr. Kettel was conservative. Last few cycles we transferred 3 or 4 each time.
Clinic staff [San Diego Fertility] was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.... [Nurse] Annette was wonderful .... We were always treated with respect and never given false hope. Dr. Kettel always took the time to explain things to us,
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I would tell anyone going through fertility treatments that it may take more than one cycle to produce a baby.
Dr. Kettel always took the time to answer our questions and explained things thoroughly.
Dr. Kettel used a fairly aggressive dose of medication due to my age. He opted in most cycles to freeze all then transfer. I also required anesthesia for all transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette)
Annette was wonderful .
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Clinic staff was wonderful amd they always had flexible appointments available. The PA Kristin was amazing and so down to earth. Del Mar Surgert Center was also very good. Overall I felt this was a great place to receive treatment even before i was able to get pregnant.
I had some insurance coverage but had to pay out of pocket too

2018 - 2020, Successful
The clinic staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!...Dr. Park instilled a lot of confidence in our journey and was quick to explain the concerns and strengths in a kind and authentic manner. She was available for appointments and was supportive throughout our journey...recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine...carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't delay! Move forward with Dr. Park and her team and you will not be disappointed
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic staff was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

I’ve already recommended her [Dr. Friedman] to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us. ... She has a lovely bedside manner and we felt like she really listened to us and our concerns.
Monitoring appointments [San Diego Fertility Center] are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work. ... The downside of this clinic is that they are SO busy. That’s also the upside though, you know they’re good at what they do and that’s why they’re busy. The girls at the front desk are so lovely and the nurses are great. You can’t really go wrong here. ... I have an allergy to one of the medications and one of the nurses forgot when calling in a prescription. It wasn’t a big deal and was easily rectified.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
I’ve already recommended her to a good friend, who is also seeing her now. I think that’s the best sign of whether or not a physician is good - if you tell your friends about them. Dr. Friedman seemed more available than the other doctors at this clinic, which was important to us.
You’re in great hands!
We have done so many cycles - I can’t recall the specifics anymore.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning which made it easy to schedule with work.

2009 - 2018, Successful
Embryo Freezing
Dr D [Daneshmand] I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way ... I have very low AMH. All my cycles involved injections with clomid. Every cycle I had 100% fertilization rate and 80% made it to transfer
Everyone from the front desk, surgery center andin between has been beyond amazing. I have gotten to know all of them on personal levels and they genuinely care. They truly make this difficult journey a little easier with their compassion ... I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan ... My And Cindy [nurses] were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr D I originally saw in Las Vegas when I froze my eggs as a single career women at 29. At 35 after 3 failed IVF’s I went to Dr D in Vegas and used my frozen eggs resulting in my 3year old son. We currently live in SC and I have traveled to San Diego to see Dr for 3 retrieval’s, 1 cancelled retrieval and 4 transfers and he has been beyond compassionate every step of the way
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have confidence in him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very caring and positive
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: My Tran and Cindy C)
My And Cindy were/are like family to me and have been there every step of the way to help me on this journey
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center.
I am cash pay. They have provided a discount based off my trx plan
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Dr Kettle is very detailed oriented and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He explains all issues to you so it may be easy to understand. He makes sure to address all questions and concerns. He has amazing follow up. He is an excellent listener.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Annette was the most amamzing nurse. She has the best follow up and will always try to find the answer. I love her!... Great follow up and follow through. They [SD Fertility Ctr] have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.... Dr. Kettle was interested in my background and gave me a thorough explanation of my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Kettle is a professional and truly cares for his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Annette )
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This is by far the best clinic in San Diego. Great follow up and follow through. They have the best nurses and staff. The seminars are so informative. The facility if very high tech, clean, and modern.
Costs of pgs labs retrieval and transfer. Plus meds.

2015, Unknown Success
I was impressed that they [the nurses] were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She's very personable while professional. I do wish she'd be more willing to get into the details with me and more willing to use proper medical terminology, diagnoses etc. I believe her bedside manner is so warm and sweet that she "dumbs down " the info a bit.
Ask questions if you like the details. But she is very warm and kind and will make you feel comfortable.
They remember me. Dr Park seems genuinely enthusiastic to have us there.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Femara cd 3-8. Ultrasound cd 10. Follow up ultrasound , ovidrel trigger shot, IUI 36 hours later. Any of this may or may not be performed by Dr Park.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was impressed that they were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
$700 IUI cycle $150 ish for meds cash
2013 - 2014, Successful
Iui [with Dr. Susanna Park] failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time...She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment...Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her...She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing...She was absolutely wonderful!
The nursing staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable...The clinic was kind and successful. Would go again if needed. We are happy with the result of course and dr Park was amazing. We are thankful. Everyone helped us through this difficult time. Everything was troubleshooted as needed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was absolutely wonderful! I have 0 complaints. She’s an angel. She was kind and caring. Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her
Listen to what she says and do it! She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing
She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment
Iui failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable

2012 - 2013, Unknown Success
The entire team at SDFC were amazing despite our negative outcome. After 9 cycles feeling like a number in Australia it was refreshing to have such personalized care from SDFC.
How was your experience with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
The most gentle and kind medical professional I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He was like a grandfather in his care with so much respect for us and what we had already been through. Extremely gentle, kind and compassionate but also was the one to say enough is enough. We can't get you pregnant and you need to look at other options such as surrogacy, adoption or being childfree. Amazing man.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
You are in the best hands possible. If anyone can get you pregnant he will do it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Barbara Tanaka)
Commitment to us as a couple from overseas. Constant communication through the entire process. Going above and beyond even offering to bring me dinner to my hotel after a rough day at the clinic.
William Hummel (retired)
2013, Unknown Success
Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.... Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .... Looking back first time was a test run, the second time was the same protocol other then switching the method of administration for meds for lining, injection vs patches.
Very busy clinic [San Diego Fertility Ctr- Carmel Valley] and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.... 5k for PGS testing. 495 for mock transfers, 24,000 for the first round, 32,000 for the second round.... Felt like he [Dr. Rakoff] was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us .
How was your experience with Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Felt like he was invested and was always honest in regards to how and why he would advise us . There were many times we sided with his expertise in making some of the choices in care and we appreciated the transparency.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be prepared that its more of a trial and error and numbers game .
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very busy clinic and you have to be realistic of how many patients they have. With that said I was very happy with the nurses and staff at the clinic. The front office ladies always made me laugh and were great every time I called and or came in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Doctor ensured we were informed but ultimately we made the decision .
Jeffrey Rakoff (Retired)

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initially I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had an issue with the assistant, early on. Initally I did not feel like the schedule and what was needed from me in order to start was communicated properly. Because of that I was set back about a month. The assistant has since improved, I must note.
2011, Successful
Dr. Hummel was very caring and thorough, and I felt like my care was personalized. He also had a gentle touch.
Kendra [my nurse] was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
I had only two experiences with Dr. Hummel. The first was a telephone initial appointment to discuss my history and whether I was a candidate for donor egg IVF. The second was my embryo transfer. On both occasions, Dr. Hummel displayed kindness, intelligence and humor
He is terrific!
Describe the protocols William Hummel (retired) used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't know the details of the protocol used because I was the recipient. I had to take Lupron, birth control pills, estrogen tablets and progesterone in oil injections during my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kendra)
Kendra was kind and patient and answered all of my questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Hummel (retired) at San Diego Fertility Center.
I believe our donor egg IVF cycle cost $16,770, and our donor's fee was $7,500
William Hummel (retired)
San Diego - Del Mar Main
There is nothing negative I can share about Dr. Friedman. She is compassionate, intelligent, and answers any question we had. We felt supported and had full trust in her ability to assist us in our journey.
She was compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Without a doubt I reccomend Dr. Friedman. She's a very caring, compassionate, and professional Dr.
She was compassionate and caring.
2014 - 2015, Successful
I could not be happier with my care by Dr. Kettel. He is warm, compassionate, and honest. He has a great bedside manner and is extremely intelligent. I trust him 100% and highly recommend him!
I was always treated like one of the family! My care could not have been better at SDFC!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Christensen)
She was so warm and caring! Gave us a hug when meeting us and was so timely and open in all communication!
2020, Unknown Success
His [Dr. Said Daneshmand] care is so personal, he is truly always available to his patients and no question is too small. He realizes how difficult it is to go through this process and takes it upon himself to engage fully with his patients...thoroughly reviewed ALL of my fertility history and assured me we would be successful...has an expertise in the field that cannot be replicated.
[San Diego Fertility Center] Does not feel like a factory like other centers. Warm, welcoming vibe. The surgery center is right downstairs which is very convenient and feels easier to manage than if you had to go to a hospital. Care is very personalized...communication with patients makes it feel like you are part of a family, not just another statistic. You get the feeling that they actually CARE if you get pregnant, and that they are doing everythign to help you get there.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. D is a gift to the world of fertility treatments. I wish every women could see him!! As a physician myself, I know how challenging it can be to connect to patients and make them feel heard. Dr. D has an innate ability to connect to patients, and he has an expertise in the field that cannot be replicated. I went to the "top" doctor in NYC before seeing him, and had awful results. When I met Dr. D, thoroughly reviewed ALL of my fertility history and assured me we would be successful. And he was right. I owe him so much!!!
Go to him earlier rather than later!! Dont waste time at other clinics.
After undergoing 3 unsuccessful cycles at Cornell in NYC, where I felt like I was being pushed through a factory system and rarely had contact with my doctor, Dr. D was a breath of fresh air!!! His care is so personal, he is truly always available to his patients and no question is too small. He realizes how difficult it is to go through this process and takes it upon himself to engage fully with his patients. His assistant, My, is equally as engaged and her communication with patients makes it feel like you are part of a family, not just another statistic. You get the feeling that they actually CARE if you get pregnant, and that they are doing everythign to help you get there.
IVF with gonal F, menopur, dexamethasone. retrieval, ICSI, frozen transfer, no PGTA.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Always amazing!!! Always available to answer any questions, even on weekends. If anythign was clear, they explained right away.
$15k
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Daneshmand was always there for us. He answered every question and never let us down. When we had to create new embryos, he renounced to his money in order to help us. Even now we are still in contact and we send him pictures sometimes. We will probably start a sibling journey with him. No hesitation...He was supportive to transfer one or two embryos...
SDFC's team is very friendly and lot of people there want to help you...Our coordinator did never show compassion and was totaly cold...Once we were waiting for blood results on friday. She just wrote us that there was a problem with our results and that they maybe couldnt use our sperm. And then she left on week-end for 3 days...The other nurses helped us and answered our questions...
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Daneshmand is very listening and human. A great person !
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Dori)
Our coordinator did never show compassion and was totaly cold.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC's team is very friendly and lot of people there want to help you. Except the nurse Dori. We dont understand what she is doing there. But except her all the team was kind and professional. The other nurses helped us and answered our questions.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He was supportive to transfer one or two embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
The cycle coordinator Dori took always lot of time to inform us. Once we were waiting for blood results on friday. She just wrote us that there was a problem with our results and that they maybe couldnt use our sperm. And then she left on week-end for 3 days. We had to send emails to other people from the clinic to know what was happening.

2022, Unknown Success
The most knowledgeable trusted and experienced doctor I could ask for! He [Dr. Michael Kettel] always has answers and takes the time to address all concerns. I feel comfortable in one of the most scary situations I’ve ever been in under his care...Wonderful doctor with a wealth of knowledge and mastery in his field
It [San Diego Fertility Center] is immaculate, beautiful, clean and advanced! This was the nicest infertility clinic I’ve ever seen! I do however wish we were able to see the doctors themselves more often. They’re very patient for putting up with all of us who desperately want to have a child...the phlebotomists are INCREDIBLE and the lead nurses are great!
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
The most knowledgeable trusted and experienced doctor I could ask for! He always has answers and takes the time to address all concerns. I feel comfortable in one of the most scary situations I’ve ever been in under his care.
If he has availability, go see him!
Wonderful doctor with a wealth of knowledge and mastery in his field
I’ve done 3 IUIs but had trouble ovulating twice before we moved to IVF. I’ve been on gonal f, menopur and cetrotide
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Amanda is great, the phlebotomists are INCREDIBLE and the lead nurses are great!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It is immaculate, beautiful, clean and advanced! This was the nicest infertility clinic I’ve ever seen! I do however wish we were able to see the doctors themselves more often. They’re very patient for putting up with all of us who desperately want to have a child!
25k for one full IVF cycle + meds I believe
They prefer to do a single FET for safety
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Park was very easy to talk to, communicated treatment plans, options, and the possible paths, very well. She answered all questions and treated me like a human being. Her staff were a dream to work with. I would highly recommend using Dr Park...Very thoughtful and professional. Listened and communicated well...very prompt and on top of everything
SDFC was easy to work with, were patient, answered all my questions and ensured that I understood. They were clear with the treatment plans and what was coming up next, and were very prompt and on top of everything. Highly recommended...All the staff were super friendly, very helpful, professional and compassionate...About $60k in total, of which about $13k was for an egg donor
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park was very easy to talk to, communicated treatment plans, options, and the possible paths, very well. She answered all questions and treated me like a human being. Her staff were a dream to work with. I would highly recommend using Dr Park and the San Diego Fertility Center.
Very thoughtful and professional. Listened and communicated well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC was easy to work with, were patient, answered all my questions and ensured that I understood. They were clear with the treatment plans and what was coming up next, and were very prompt and on top of everything. Highly recommended!
About $60k in total, of which about $13k was for an egg donor
Explained the options and let me choose
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr. Park is direct, clear, and warm as the San Diego sun. She was responsive via email, made time via Skype and in person, and answered all questions (even repeated questions as I scaled my fertility learning curve) with consistent enthusiasm. Importantly, my GC felt treated like a human...As I used a donor egg and GC, much was straight-forward. However, she explained that (as of 2019), the science showed that PGT provided no advantage in a successful pregnancy or in terms of the health of the child. She was clear that from a scientific perspective, the only reason to do PGT was for sex selection, which I opted not to do.
It was Dr. Park's approach and unique energy that drew me to SDFC and grounded me throughout the experience...The staff are positive and energetic. The building is bright and welcoming...I felt a bit of a southern California veneer about many of the staff and slickness about the design of the space. It's not thick, but I felt it. I'm a 20-year New Yorker who grew up in the Midwest, and culturally, any hint of falseness makes me a bit uneasy. Rest assured, they are all highly professional, and they took very good care of me.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
I met with Dr. Park twice via Skype and once in person before traveling to San Diego for treatment. Her enthusiasm for this work practically made me want to change careers and start working in fertility. When it came to choices like PGT or sex selection, she presented the facts, reasons people decide for or against, then remained neutral, leaving space for those very personal choices. She gave valuable insights throughout the process (advising on medical aspects of the GC contract, weighing potential risks of anti-nausea medication during pregnancy). I joined the transfer via Skype, and the way that she remained connected to my GC, to me, helped narrated each step, and executed the transfer was magical. I was thrilled to share photos of my newborn daughter with Dr. Park!
Dr. Park acts as a consummate professional and will treat you with caring and respect. She does not lord her expertise over you nor does she sugarcoat things or coddle you. If you need coddling, look elsewhere. If you want a smooth, caring, human process – strongly consider Dr. Park.
Dr. Park is direct, clear, and warm as the San Diego sun. She was responsive via email, made time via Skype and in person, and answered all questions (even repeated questions as I scaled my fertility learning curve) with consistent enthusiasm. Importantly, my GC felt treated like a human. Dr. Park is clearly motivated by helping people create and grow families.
As I used a donor egg and GC, much was straight-forward. However, she explained that (as of 2019), the science showed that PGT provided no advantage in a successful pregnancy or in terms of the health of the child. She was clear that from a scientific perspective, the only reason to do PGT was for sex selection, which I opted not to do. Pregnancy and birth on first transfer, and today I have a healthy, beautiful newborn girl. Another area where we discussed treatment strategies was around genetic testing. I initially selected a first-time donor. Once the results of her genetic testing came in, we matched for a genetic variant that had a rather high likelihood of expressing as disease in a child. (The donor's particular variant was actually quite common and less problematic; mine was the one that made it tricky.) I consulted with the folks at Invitae (wonderful, btw) and with Dr. Park. She was direct, clear, and compassionate in giving me excellent information that helped me decide to go with a different egg donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York then Bonnie Harrison)
Sarah York was the nurse for one phase of the process. She was good – responsive, knowledgeable, organized, caring. Bonnie Harrison was the nurse for a later phase. I never met her in person or via Skype, which made communication feel a bit less connected. Otherwise, Bonnie was similarly responsive, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The staff are positive and energetic. The building is bright and welcoming. There were signs on the doors of various meeting rooms welcoming intended parents. I felt a bit of a southern California veneer about many of the staff and slickness about the design of the space. It's not thick, but I felt it. I'm a 20-year New Yorker who grew up in the Midwest, and culturally, any hint of falseness makes me a bit uneasy. Rest assured, they are all highly professional, and they took very good care of me. It was Dr. Park's approach and unique energy that drew me to SDFC and grounded me throughout the experience.
At the time (2019) San Diego gave the option of single or double embryo transfer. However, with strong embryos and a surrogate with no fertility issues, the strongly advised approach was single embryo transfer, which is what I did.

2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Chaun] was great with providing statistical data to manage your expectations while providing these facts in a very gentle manner. With each IVF protocal I went through, she would tweak the medication or the protocal I was to under go based on how the prior protocal went. I had poor egg quality and a low ovarian reserve but after 4 rounds of IVF, we were able to get one PGS normal embryo! Dr. Chuan knew how important this one embryo was to me and would often personally do my ultrasounds, check ups and hysteroscopy herself.
SDFC staff were all very personable and knew who I was and what procedure I was undergoing every time I came into the office...very clean and easy to find with ample parking. Staff there are great not only in the clinic side but also the surgical team for egg retrievals, nursing staff and embryologists. The lab team was wonderful also and got back to me very quickly with questions...The order sheet tends to have an oversupply of what to purchase and sometimes you're left with pricey medication that you've paid for but haven't used.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan cares. She cares about you as her patient and is very understanding of what you're going through. She was great with providing statistical data to manage your expectations while providing these facts in a very gentle manner. With each IVF protocal I went through, she would tweak the medication or the protocal I was to under go based on how the prior protocal went. I had poor egg quality and a low ovarian reserve but after 4 rounds of IVF, we were able to get one PGS normal embryo! Dr. Chuan knew how important this one embryo was to me and would often personally do my ultrasounds, check ups and hysteroscopy herself. I remember she wanted everything to be perfect before we went through with the embryo transfer. I did have several cancelled transfers due to my lining not being thick enough and each time Dr. Chuan would apologize and change my protocal slightly to get me the best results. I fondly remember her saying "we only have one", and I knew how important this was to her as it was to me. Her taking her time and waiting until the perfect moment paid off as I had my baby girl in November 2020. She was right when she told me, "it only takes one".
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As it pertains to purchasing the fertility medication, it's very pricey. I wish I had known I didn't need to purchase everything they noted on the order sheet all at once. As the cycle progresses, Dr. Chuan may increase or decrease certain medications. The order sheet tends to have an oversupply of what to purchase and sometimes you're left with pricey medication that you've paid for but haven't used. I learned you can order just enough to cover you for a couple days at a time and keep calling the pharmacy for a certain amount to last a couple days or through the weekend to ensure you only purchase what you need. It takes extra time and you have to be very organized with what your dosage is and also have to make extra trips to the pharmacy but it ended up saving us thousands of dollars in medication that otherwise would have been leftover.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan and the SDFC staff were all very personable and knew who I was and what procedure I was undergoing every time I came into the office. They would say hi to me by name and were all very friendly from the ladies at the front desk to the phlebotomists. Most importantly, I had a mini breakdown after my first IVF egg retrieval which resulted in 0 embryos. Dr. Chuan very kindly set aside time to talk to me that very day about my options and what my next steps would be. She was very empathetic to how I was feeling and when she spoke to me, she talked to me like a friend and not just a doctor to patient which I really appreciated. Under Dr. Chuan's care, I felt like she really understood how important this was to me on a personal level and I felt like she was my cheerleader keeping my hopes up when things seemed dire while still managing my expectations. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Chuan and her staff.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first IVF cycle, I was a "sandwich" protocol that resulted in low retrieved eggs and 0 embryos. My second IVF cycle was an Antagonist protocol that resulted in more retrieved eggs and 2 embryos however the embryos were not normal. My third protocol used estrace and testosterone gel that resulted in low retrieved eggs however the eggs were better quality. This was the cycle that we had our daughter out of. My last cycle was the antagonist protocol again that resulted in one embryo that was abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli)
The primary contact I had was with Shannon Martinelli, Dr. Chuan's medical assistant at the Del Mar Clinic. She was great at responding to my many many questions throughly and responded to me very quickly. Everyone I came into contact with was very helpful, kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and easy to find with ample parking. Staff there are great not only in the clinic side but also the surgical team for egg retrievals, nursing staff and embryologists. The lab team was wonderful also and got back to me very quickly with questions. I have no complaints with anyone I have came into contact with at this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
I paid approximately $85,000 for 4 rounds of IVF including medication.
Sandy Chuan
San Diego - Del Mar Main

She [Dr. Sandy Chuan] has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen...My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Jenn [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety...I did 2 egg retrieval’s back to back which worked out to be about $28k in that cost included a transfer. My second transfer was $4200 around there. Also had a hysteroscopy for $2500. The medications for stimulation were expensive and added an extra $7k to total costs. But to me was all worth it.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan from the moment my husband and I met her for our initial consultation showed us kindness and empathy. It was clear to us she was very invested in her patients and their success. My case was complicated as I had uterine fibroids and Dr Chuan was very honest and said I needed to have a myomectomy before she can do an egg retrieval due to large size of my fibroids. After having my myomectomy I waited 6 weeks before doing my first egg retrieval and only got 2 PgS normal embryos and Dr chuan took time to explain to me and my husband why another retrieval was a good idea. We did another retrieval back to back with much more success and got 5 PGS normal embryos. I had to wait 6 months post myomectomy to do a transfer and with covid was more. When I was finally ready to do a transfer My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Trust her! She knows what she is doing and she wants her patients to succeed.
She has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen
When my first transfer was a chemical I felt very sad and I didn’t expect it to fail since was a pgs normal embryo and I had a hysteroscopy before and uterine cavity looked ok. Dr chuan gave me option to Do receptiva test only cause she said due to my fibroids I may have andenomyosis or endometriosis and also did ERA. My receptiva was normal and ERA mildly Prereceptive. She ultimately felt the first transfer failed due to embryo. Next transfer she changed my protocol to Lupron and It was successful. She never gave up even when I wanted to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths are friendly staff, really nice facility makes you feel VIP, draw their own labs for hormone checks and pregnancy tests, doctors are all professional and nice. Surgery center is downstairs from the clinic so very convenient
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr chuan felt strongly about just doing a elective single embryo transfer as we didn’t want twins due to the stress of my job and we had PGS normal embryos. After first transfer failed I asked her if we should do 2 embryos instead as this would increase my chances and she suggested doing one this time since I had a lot of embryos and if this didn’t work then we can do 2! So glad I listened to her cause now I’m pregnant with one embryo and twins would have been very stressful for me and my husband
Sandy Chuan

Investment Banker
After watching her video speaking at a conference on the MHB website, I instantly decided that I wanted to use both Dr Park and SDFC for our journey...[she] is hugely approachable and even though we had not met her physically by the time we started the process (only on Skype as we are from England), it did not distract from the process as all. You get the real sense that [she] and the rest of the SDFC team really care about what they are doing, they are passionate and want the best outcomes for patients, IPs and of course babies.
SDFC clinic is not the cheapest clinic as far as I can tell from my research. However, we were blessed with success on the first transfer and around 8 embryos have been created from a single egg donation. Overall, I would say that this is a very good result...There were a couple of nursing staff who provided us with regular updates. They were friendly and approachable.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park is hugely approachable and even though we had not met her physically by the time we started the process (only on Skype as we are from England), it did not distract from the process as all. You get the real sense that Dr Park and the rest of the SDFC team really care about what they are doing, they are passionate and want the best outcomes for patients, IPs and of course babies.
Dr Park is very approachable. I would recommend watching some of the videos on Youtube and the Men Having Babies website. After watching her video speaking at a conference on the MHB website, I instantly decided that I wanted to use both Dr Park and SDFC for our journey.
Dr Park is super friendly and approachable. We very much felt a part of the process even though we are in England and had to have calls via Skype. I was lucky enough to meet Dr Park at a conference when she was in London and even though she didn't know I was going to be there, she instantly knew who I was and was approachable, friendly and open. When we got our embryos she carefully explained each step, the risks and rewards e.g. of testing, etc.
Dr Park provided us with information on IUI, PGT testing and other things through the process. I don't remember the technical specifics but at each stage we were confident that we were equipped with the information we needed to make the right decisions for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The costs were dealt with by the finance department. The structure of the costs were set out with three different streams of programs to choose from.
As IPs we had decided we only wanted a single transfer so there was no debate around this.
San Diego - Del Mar Main

Dr Park is very sweet and professional. She carefully answered our questions, went through every detail we needed and was very available for us. She was very patient and took time to know us and our story... preferred single embryo transfer but a organised a Skype with our surrogate And us to discuss the other options after the first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. Very open but professional recommendations...
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is very welcoming, proper and well located. The staff is pleasant and professional. We feel confident as soon as we enter in the clinic. Every appointment has been done on time, no delay and the staff took the time we needed to feel confident (no rush)...packages for the IVF and the transfer to the surrogate have been proposed and then refined together to suit our needs.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr Park is an amazing doctor, professional and human. She is sweet and knows how to reassure and explains every step very clearly. She answers also emails personally and very properly. She was involved in our journey from day 1 to our baby girl birth and even beyond!!
Go with Dr Park. The clinic is great but I only trust 100% Dr Park among all the doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Sahadeo )
Stephanie is a very clear and human nurse. She supported us all along the process and carefully listened to our concerns or fears. She made the things very understandable and makes her sure everything was okay for us. We were able to join her each time we needed even during the weekend. Very supportive, nice and sweet
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is very welcoming, proper and well located. The staff is pleasant and professional. We feel confident as soon as we enter in the clinic. Every appointment has been done on time, no delay and the staff took the time we needed to feel confident (no rush)
Different packages for the IVF and the transfer to the surrogate have been proposed and then refined together to suit our needs. The costing was very clear and details : no bad surprise. Main costs were Eggs retrieval procedure and fertilisation including monitoring to prepare, surrogate preparation and monitoring including Medication for one cycle, transfer and PGT if needed. A success garantie package was one of the option we choosen.
Dr Park shared with us the different options : PGT or not, single embryo transfer VS transfer of 2 embryos. She gave us the advantage/disadvantage of each and the associated risks (biopsy of embryos for PGT, twins pregnancy, increase of only few % of pregnancy success if multiple embryos transfer). She preferred single embryo transfer but a organised a Skype with our surrogate And us to discuss the other options after the first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. Very open but professional recommendations