San Diego - Del Mar Main
590 Camino De La Reina
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Dr. Park was so warm and would explain these intimate and highly scientific procedures in an understandable way. She gave me realistic confidence about our prospects and the course of action that needed to be employed...Dr. Park is so knowledgeable, but she made sure to make sure I was not overwhelmed with information. Dr. Park had a great demeanor that makes a very stressful situation seem routine. Dr. Park was empathetic when necessary, but always remained professional and positive.
The clinic [SD Fert Center] is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey...Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate....It was approximately $800 per cycle for the medication and the IUI. That does not include the price of donor sperm.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stay the course and never hold back with a questions - she will answer them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Initially, Dr. Park waived my HSG test; however, after the first unsuccessful attempt at IUI, she made me take a month off and get the HSG Test so as to insure there was no glaring issues. Further, I was given cholmid and it did not help to produce multiple follicles. On my second IUI, my cholmid dose was doubled, but it did not produce a second follicle. However, I was able to conceive a singleton through to birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego - Mission Valley
[Dr. Susanna Park is] the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful...clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate.
SDFC is super efficient. They get you in and out for appointments quickly so you do not have to miss much work. They worked with our insurance too. They are organized and professional - I never felt like I had to call to ask paperwork related questions or to advocate for myself - they totally had me covered...Megan was amazing - answered emails in off hours and truly showed compassion at every appointment. I felt so taken care of by the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate. She's the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful.
See her!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
She would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Park is very personable and understanding of her patients needs and desires. She is extremely knowledgeable and up to speed with the latest and greatest treatments and procedures coming out. She is very in demand, but still takes the time to get back to you...She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do...is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone [at San Diego Fertility Center] has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons...Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Make sure you message her, as you can't go wrong.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons.
She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do... we already had in our mind single.

2020, Consult
[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
So far, it [San Diego Fertility Center] seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet...Our Mini IVF was broken down into different categories. I think the cost before meds would be about $15K...[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explain
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park greeted us with a very warm personality and kind regard. She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
Just ask a lot of questions because she’s very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
We haven’t got that far yet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
So far, it seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet.
San Diego - Mission Valley

I felt very valuable as a patient [of Dr. Susanna Park]...was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs...I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do...[the nurses are] The absolute best. They always had a smile and showed so much joy for you during your visits. They were all wishing and hoping for a positive pregnancy every time.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna Park was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs.
Ask questions! She is there to help.
I felt very valuable as a patient
I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do.
IUI treatments are 700 each time
San Diego - Mission Valley

Dr. Chuan was very personable and always in a good mood which is great, but I felt like she always had some where better to be. I felt like any questions I asked were annoying to her. She had a way of just talking to my husband instead of me, like I’m not capable of understanding what she is saying but my husband is. That bothered me because I’m the one who’s body is going through this, I’m the one who should be acknowledged...she kept saying but you’re so young, if I’d known you would be a poor responder I would have kept you on the meds longer. Only 3 made it into embryos. She suggested that we only transfer 2 at most the first time so we did. The nurse at my exam found polyps in my uterus so I had to have surgery to remove those before the transfer could be done to give me the best chance of the embryos sticking. She performed my transfer and that was a nice experience, she was very friendly and warm for those. That transfer failed and I had to wait until I could come up with $4,000 more to transfer my la
I felt like the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was a well oiled machine. Not too many smiles from the nurses, seems like they just wanted to get me in and out. I don’t think they really wanted to know me as a person...If you are a same sex couple or need a surrogate, this is a great clinic for you because I later learned that is the demographic they deal with and specialize in with most. I’m not in either of those situations so I don’t feel like it benefited me at all...
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt like the clinic was a well oiled machine. Not too many smiles from the nurses, seems like they just wanted to get me in and out. I don’t think they really wanted to know me as a person.
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
From the beginning she told me that I shouldn’t have any trouble conceiving since I was “so young”; I was 29 going to be 30 at the time. Then my results can’t back that I have diminished ovarian reserve, which was a shock, but still she said you have age on your side you’ll be fine. I was put on clomid, gonal F and menopur injections to stimulate my ovaries. Then with the egg retrieval, which she didn’t perform another doctor did who I never met, only 5 eggs were retrieved. She was shocked when she learned that, she kept saying but you’re so young, if I’d known you would be a poor responder I would have kept you on the meds longer. Only 3 made it into embryos. She suggested that we only transfer 2 at most the first time so we did. The nurse at my exam found polyps in my uterus so I had to have surgery to remove those before the transfer could be done to give me the best chance of the embryos sticking. She performed my transfer and that was a nice experience, she was very friendly and warm for those. That transfer failed and I had to wait until I could come up with $4,000 more to transfer my last embryo. About 8 months later I started the whole process again to prepare for transfer. I was put on the usual clomid, progesterone, and estrogen, but this time I had to take triple the estrogen taking it orally, vaginally, and wearing patches since my follicles were not growing fast enough. Polyps were found again so I had to have those removed. Dr. Chuan transferred my last embryo and I Had my blood test on Christmas Eve and was told later that night it wa negative. I couldn’t get an appointment to go over my results until the first of February, which I thought was too long. When we talked she was very uncaring so different than how she was at the transfers. I asked if there anything I can do on my own to help my chances or if she could prescribe me clomid or anything to help my chances of conceiving naturally while I wait to come up with more money to do another cycle and she said no. I even asked if I should change my diet or what she recommends and she said that won’t help, there’s nothing to do. I was told I’m a poor responder but she doesn’t no why. So I’m left with more questions than answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman )
Jenn was very thorough and was able to get me the papers and info I needed especially after when I was applying for grants. She did intimate me a little, I was scared sometimes to ask too many questions, I felt like she was annoyed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
They have early hours so it made it very convenient for me to get my sonograms done and make it to work on time. The clinic is beautiful and very clean. They get stuff done really fast and get you on your way. I know they have a lot of patients and never ending cycles to treat I so I do understand how they can be rushed but it would help to still keep some warmth, compassion, and friendliness since every one coming in there is going through a very emotional process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
$13,500 for a round of IVF. $400 for hysteroscopy. $4,000 for additional transfers. $5,000 for meds.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
I initially wanted to transfer all 3 of my embryos in together but she advised me that was not a good choice since I could have multiple babies and that’s dangerous for me. Which I agree was the right decision and safest approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall the clinic is run very well. It might just be me personally who didn’t feel welcomed and as comfortable as I should feel. One example that made me feel like no one acknowledged or cared about me is when I had my transfer done I wore special socks that said “put that baby in me”. The doctor thought they were cute and asked if she could take a picture. I said of course. So a little while later I check their Instagram and I’m happy to see they put my picture up; only they captioned it “we love how loving and supportive our surrogates are!” I’m not a surrogate, my doctor knows that, my husband was in the room with me. So that just shows me that I’m not even important enough to remember.
Temecula
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle...never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind...I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica [nurses], especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protoc
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle (after a previous experience with another provider in NC that was awful). Dr. Chuan never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - use this amazing resource as an opportunity to never feel like you are being "a bother" to a provider ever again.
Dr. Chuan and her staff (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind.
Dr. Chuan utilized my previous IVF records and our consult to adjust a care plan for my IVF egg retrieval and frozen transfer cycle. She is more on the conservative side when it comes to her treatment and while I was not a fan of the additional injections at the time, I knew in my heart she recommended it for success. What I really like about Dr. Chuan is she did not just do an IVF cycle and leave it at that. She really cared to find the root of the problem, which for me was also endometriosis and fibroids, which she treated quickly and efficiently. In any previous IVF experiences, I had been shuffled around to different doctors when I did not meet a classic IVF response. Dr. Chuan never made me feel like she was going to just send me back to my OB-GYN or primary care doctor - she truly is a fertility specialist and does not just focus her energy on the high dollar IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn and Monica)
It is hard to write a review on the Temecula staff without getting emotional. I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica, especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protocols and medication, performed any in-office procedures and ultrasounds, delivered all my health information precisely and accurately and I always knew I was in good hands. I never felt like I was in a doctor's office, it always felt like I was visiting friends who truly cared and were rooting for my success from day 1. They make you feel like you are the only patient in their care. I do not know how they can do that for hundreds of people but they do! I especially liked that I felt I really had a 'team'; I saw the same people every single time and that consistency was essential.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC works like a well-oiled machine. If someone does not have an answer, they immediately can redirect you to someone that does. I made all of my appointments through Myrna and I never had a difficult time finding an appt time that would work with my schedule, and she made everything quick and easy. I am SO grateful that SDFC offers satellite offices. All other major procedures were performed in the San Diego office which is beautiful and state-of -the-art. The offices are clean and beautiful, and all the staff I encountered were great.
Dr. Chuan spent a lot of time with me on a phone consult to discuss my options of transferring embryos. We discussed the pros and cons, she recommended me to a genetic counselor (which was FABULOUS and helped me to understand so much more), and she made me feel like the decision was ultimately up to me. She was supportive of transferring two embryos, when in the past clinics have said only those over the age of 40 can do so, as long as they were all a healthy quality, and she told me when she was uncomfortable with one of my choices. I respected her decision and we were successful for the first time ever.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only had one minor problem with having records transferred to my OB-GYN. It was the second records request (the initial one was immediate and perfect) and I sent it via email. Once I followed up it was corrected that day.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Chuan is great! She is very good at explaining things and is encouraging. I just wish she was more available for questions. I have only seen her once at our consultation appointment. After our first IUI failed I wanted to change up the protocol and Dr. Chuan's staff said I couldnt do that unless I made an appointment with the doctor and I couldnt speak with her for 3 weeks (telephone appointment). Besides that, Dr. Chuan is the only reason why I have stayed with this clinic...Make sure you're prepared with all of your questions at your consultation appointment because you'll be dealing with her staff afterwards.
They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate...Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions)...I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 & trigger for IUI #1 which failed (only produced 1 mature follicle). IUI #1 scheduled 36 hours after trigger. IUI #2: clomid 100 mg days 3-7 & trigger 36 hours prior to the IUI. They actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Monica )
The nursing staff is nice if you sit there and do whatever they say and dont question them. The second you begin to question them, their true colors come out. I dont like that the give contradictory directions for example scheduling my IUI 39 hours after they told me to trigger rather than 36 hours after. They also said it didnt matter how my husband transported his sample, even though the paper directions they give with the sample cup have very specific directions. Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions).
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Advocate for yourself. The only one who acts like they actually care about you is the doctor (who you'll only deal with once). Ask your questions even if they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Each IUI was $700 not including meds which were another $100 per cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore. The PA wasnt listening to my concerns and said I would need to talk to the doctor about changing the med, which I know a PA can prescribe a new med. It would've taken a simple call/text to the doctor to change the med but seems like she just didnt want to.
Temecula

We absolutely adore her! We felt she [Dr. Chuan] truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us.
I love everything about this clinic [San Diego Fertility] from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic....We are still in the process of qualifying for guaranteed IVF. It is a little bit higher in price than your standard cycle but we feel given our circumstances it is absolutely worth every penny!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We absolutely adore her! We felt she truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us. We did not at all feel pressured to spend more money then we already were
Give yourself a few hours for your consultation because she does not at all make you Feel rushed at all! We got individual time with her and the nurse and the financial advisor
She brought us straight to her office for our initial consultation and spent a great amount of time explaining everything to us step-by-step and asking if we had any questions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is always so easy to reach if I have any questions at all. Every time I have gone in for blood work I have not had to wait and she already has everything set up and ready to go to get me in-and-out. I have very poor veins and it normally takes a few sticks to get blood but Jen can always get it 1st try!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I love everything about this clinic from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic.
I would say it definitely goes case by case. She does both however we are only 23 years old and have never been pregnant so in our case she said she will transfer one embryo a few times and depending on results she may go to two
Temecula
Dr Chuan was great she broke everything down so that i understood everything from whats happening and what our options are and the next steps are. She is truly an expert and you can see that with her conversations i had with her. ... After the consult I began to see the NP [SD Fertility Ctr] ... Also treatment did not seem to be custom or modified to me and what I'm going through.
If you need some emotional support from the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] the Temecula clinic is not where you can get it from but if thats something you do not need and just want business only the n this will work for you. ... The nurse was short i felt as I was in and out without any sort of connection with her and the same for the other staff that assisted her. Although there was one nurse i had the opportunity to meet and she was really approachable and nice.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Have questions prepared because she is super receptive and great at answering questions.
After the consult I began to see the NP and i would come in for my scan and leave no conversations about what im feeling and once i brought up about not triggering and she said its its whatever I want to do. After each appt i was told what to do and that seemed expected and there was also no communication between the office staff or myself which when i attempted to they were really short with me. Also treatment did not seem to be custom or modified to me and what I'm going through. Again lack of discussion about what os happening and after my 2nd chemical pregnancy i was told that at least im getting the results of a positive pregnancy test which is great
I took letrozole on cycle day 3 to 7 and would scan the follicles on day 3 and 12 and 14 if needed after size is sufficient i would trigger on day 12 or 14 and beta would happen on day 12
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica NP)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr Chuan is great. If you need some emotional support from the clinic staff the Temecula clinic is not where you can get it from but if thats something you do not need and just want business only the n this will work for you.
My consult and follow up were covered but i had to pay for the medication cycle and the medication was a separate cost in addition to the office visits.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
Beta testing the office completed they called the next day instead of calling the same day
Temecula

Dr Chuan always made me feel like she had all the time in the world for me. She always knew the details of our case and had a warm bedside manner. ... Dr Chuan would always visit before and after any procedure. She would explain in detail before the procedure started and also go over the details and results afterwards. She always had a smile on her face and had compassion and understanding for ALL of my many questions!
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. ... We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. ... Jen was my primary nurse. ... She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
As with any doctor, have all of your questions and concerned prepared before an appointment as her time is valuable and you want to make sure she can address everything at your appointment with her.
She chose the IVF for us as we had very fertile numbers. She chose and suggested that we just transfer 1 embryo as she felt transferring 2 could result in a higher risk pregnancy and since we had fertile numbers she thought there would be a good chance both would take. During injections for the egg retrieval, she put me on cetritide so that my body would not ovulate on its own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jen was my primary nurse. She is always so helpful and informative. She always encouraged me and answered all of my questions. She was always available by phone or email and I would always get a response before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is informative, understanding, detailed, clean and friendly. I have followed up since we have been released from them and they still remember me and take my calls and follow up on the baby. I feel like they were a huge part of our journey and I am so thankful for them!
We did the success guarantee program which was $21,915.00. This program was also refundable by a percentage each cycle.
We are glad that we listened to her suggestion to just transfer 1 embryo as it was a successful pregnancy and I wouldn't have wanted a higher risk pregnancy carrying multiples.
Temecula

Get to know [Dr. Said Daneshmand's] assistant - she's the key to his calendar!...I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos...very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Michelle [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way...Driving to San Diego was tough, but luckily I was able to go to a satellite clinic in Temecula which cut my driving time down by half. They all took the time to get to know me and all staff, from the front desk, to the phlebotomist to the nurse and doctor, were all fantastic.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Daneshmand has found his calling and true passion in life. I was a surrogate under his care and he made me feel just as important as the intended parent and the embryos. He's a personable guy that makes you feel very important and at ease. Whenever I had a question he was only a phone call away and the day of the transfer I felt so comfortable in his care. He explained the procedure from start to finish before we even started. The intended parent had so many questions and he took the time to answer each and every one, as if he had all the time in the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
Get to know his assistant - she's the key to his calendar! :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I only met Dr. Daneshmand for the FET, he was personable and available by phone whenever I needed him. He walked me through several potential miscarriage scares and always put me at ease during the process.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Estradiol tablets and Progesterone in Fish Oil - very simple and effective protocol. Also, during transfer he had a great strategy for the procedure and made sure the location was just right. We transferred two embyros and I was pregnant with a singleton the first IVF cycle, having a beautiful baby boy in October of that same year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Walsh)
Michelle was always reachable and treated me well! We connected on a personal level and she always knew my name when I walked in. I felt like she was truly invested in my process and seeing me through the entire way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
He recommended 2-embryos be transferred with a 70% success rate that one would take (which is exactly what happened).
Said Daneshmand
Temecula

Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. ... Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff [San Diego Fertility Center] made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them. ... There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. ... I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Our first meeting with Dr. Chuan was very simple and clinical. She was very receptive to our feelings and carefully looked through the stack of paperwork from our previous dr about the treatments that we’d already done. The appointments that I did see her, she was very kind, informative and had great bedside manner. If she saw that I was nervous, she always reassured me and let me take my time getting my emotions under control. Overall it was a wonderful experience, but I don’t think that I saw her as much as I expected to
Ask questions… Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification on things.
I feel that with all that comes with fertility treatments it is very scheduled and very planned and very strategic. It is hard to not feel like a number, but the kindness and sweetness of the office staff made my experience much more enjoyable and I feel like I created wonderful relationships with them.
Injections and treatments leading up to anger triple were pretty standard, when my egg retrieval occurred they found polyps in my uterus, so they decided to freeze my eggs, scraped my uterus and allow time for my levels to go down before embryo transfer. They did a biopsy on what they found in my uterus, it came back clear and as soon as my next cycle came around we prepared for embryo transfer. All went as planned and I received a positive pregnancy test two weeks later resulting in a full term birth of my son.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff. They were the people that I saw most often, the people that answered most of my questions and concerns. They became who I was most familiar with.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I think overall the clinic was great! There were days that the staff and doctors worked in an office in San Diego so I would have to drive. I didn’t mind the drive and they were pretty flexible with me when needed. Depending on the timing of my treatments I would see them in to macula or San Diego, but both were pretty convenient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
I love my nurse stated that she was amazing. All my expenses are wonderful
20,000-30,000
I only had two embryos to transfer, so we decided to transfer both… We didn’t have a need to select a specific embryo, as long as it was healthy we are ready to transfer.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chuan spent an extensive amount of time on our initial consultation because I was in shock by what I was being told and had so many questions and needed her to repeat to me again what she said . She explained all our options. She was very sincere and empathetic. She kept me focused and reminded me to take it day by day. I would highly recommend Dr. Chuan....Read everything you can about your situation, I know it's hard because your depressed or like me in shock, but try to read up and come prepared with your questions, any question you have are important.
Jenn [was my] medical assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I felt I was treated very well, Dr Chuan was very straightforward with me and empathetic, called me personally and spent along time on the phone with explaining what the next step would be (aside from our lengthy consultation because I had so many questions and was very anxious and upset by this infertility diagnosis).
We did 1 cycle of injections d/t my age= no follicle response canceled 2nd cycle of high dose injections same as above no response from my body canceled. She gave me the option of trying Clomid pill; so far 3 cycles on this Cycle 1 ovulated before retrieval, she decided to keep a closer eye on me. Cycle 2 led to egg retrieval and 2 frozen embryos Cycle 3 ovulated 1 of the 2 follicles we decided to save our money instead of going after 1 egg and try another cycle Waiting to start my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn Medical Assistant. She was always available to me after hours with my questions and helped me keep inventory of what medications I had or needed to order. She was my rock, she always had hope for me and would say "I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one" she gave me hope and encouragement. Michelle NP was so sweet she is very good at explaining what were looking at on the monitor and then explaining the process in a way that I can understand. She also spent the time answering all my questions. She too was hopeful for us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful office, staff is professional and tries to work with your work schedule. They are organized and always followed through with your questions. They all seem to know exactly what is going in with your case. It makes you feel like your in great hands!
6,000 for medication 11,000 for cycles and egg retrieval

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She [Dr Chuan] would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
My nurse [at San Diego Fertility Center] was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Being a woman I was looking for a female doctor, and found exactly what I was looking for. Professional, very personable, warm and caring, smart and funny. She would always make me feel at ease and safe. I knew right away I was in great hands. She creates the woman to woman connection, which is very comforting.
Trust the process and the doctor, she would do the best for you and would tell you exactly what your chances are.
Dr Chuan is an extremely personable doctor, she makes you feel comfortable given those intimate and often painful circumstances. She is very professional and knowledgeable, yet very warm and inviting. She tries to answer all the questions in a very layman way and creates a very safe environment. Being a woman, I prefer to have a female doctor and she was exactly who I was looking for.
It was suggested we do 2 cycles of frozen embryos, considering my age (42) and my test results. We retried 10 eggs total, 3 embryos and after the PGS testing got one good quality, male one, exactly what we wanted. Waiting on the transfer in 5 days, then positive pregnancy test!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Kemp)
My nurse was excellent taking my blood, which is not easy considering my veins. Would always answer any question I had. The care coordinator was so warm and caring, it's important how you are treated given the circumstances. It's so intimate and you feel very vulnerable, often are very emotional. They made it safe and very comfortable and I am very grateful for that. They made sure you get your medications at a competitive price. They always had my best interest in mind. The level of professionalism and care throughout the process is amazing.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Extremely clean and very well organized. Everybody is very courteous and sharp. They are there to take great care of you, you can feel it instantly. Smiling and happy environment, reassuring and professional.
around $23,000 for 2 rounds of frozen embryos transfer, $4,600 for genetic testing, $5,500 for meds

2014 - 2016, Successful
Sandy [Chuan] is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this.
My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sandy is absolutely the best. She is warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable of all procedures, medicine, outcomes, surgeries, etc. Each time she meets with you, you're greeted with a hug and she's always sincerely concerned with how your body is feeling and yourself mentally. I always felt very cared for and I never felt any form of anxiety, going through any of this. Something I can say is very comforting, considering this is an extremely emotional process to go through. I left everything in the hands of Dr. Chuan, having her definitely lifted a weight off of our shoulders- knowing we could count on everything to be taken care of, in the best way possible for myself, my husband & our future child.
Prepare to be hugged.
My experience with the SDFC office was very personable. Each appointment that we had, was obviously for the observation of a fertility procedure- but the conversation was always light and in regards to the on-going events of family, events, etc. I never felt like I was being shuttled around being poked and prodded with needles. It felt like a friendly stop-in to say hi to friends, give some blood/have an ultrasound etc. and go on my way.
As I said previously, this is a very emotional process with a lot of moving parts. My husband is active-duty Military and was set for a deployment. We had to do a freeze-all cycle, with my eggs- as my husband has fertility issues & we were on a time crunch. The Clinic was very accommodating of our schedule and worked diligently to make sure I got into the next egg retrieval cycle- to ensure we could create the embryos, prior to his departure. During the course of my treatment, I was monitored closely for all of my levels doing blood work/ultra sounds continually. There were times my levels would go too high & we would adjust medications accordingly. I would always receive a call the evening of the change, prior to administering my medications to let me know how to proceed. The day of my 'trigger shot' prior for my egg retrieval, my levels again went a little high. So we had to change course and order a new trigger shot. We were able to go to a nearby pharmacy and adjust for my body. Dr. Chuan and her staff were always very informative as to why the change, what it would mean & how to facilitate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Jennifer "Jen", has been amazing. From day one, she gave me her cell phone number- and this poor woman. I contact her at all hours of the day, each time she responds within 10-15 minutes. When we started our egg retrieval cycle, it coincided with Thanksgiving Day, being my first shots- my husband and I were so nervous we were doing it right, we had to call Jen. She answered, on Thanksgiving and took the time to explain to us what we needed to do. She is always communicating with me and always right there when I need her.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
It's gorgeous! Clean, furnished nicely. Myrna at the front desk is so accommodating. After my second visit, you typically don't even sign in when you walk through the door, they greet you by name & let you know they'll get you back. The wait is never long and they are always pleasant and attentive.
Again, she was great. During our egg retrieval cycle, we were out of the state. Due to being at a different clinic, we had to pay an 'offsite monitoring fee' payment to the OB/GYN clinic we attended. Dr. Chuan deducted what we paid to the other provider, off the balance at her clinic. It is obviously an expensive procedure, but they were very helpful with picking the plan that worked best for our family and our finances.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I cannot remember the first part of treatment and what they were called, but I do know she tried two different methods that failed before moving to egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I have only done the embryo transfer once, and it was successful with one egg that split into identical twins, but I lost them at 16 weeks. I am in the process of doing my second transfer with Dr. Chuan now.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office [at San Diego Fertility Center] was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
I was very lucky to find Dr. Sandy Chuan. Being a younger patient it was all very scary and confusing. When I first met her, she was so kind and professional. Her knowledge of my issues and her ability to explain it so my husband and I could understand was greatly appreciated. She took the extra time to help us and never made us seem like we were holding her up and she never tried to rush us, which is something we so greatly appreciated. She was not only professional and sensitive she was also willing to work with my work schedules so I did not have to take extra time off work. I would recommend her to anyone having issues with fertility.
To get in ASAP because it will be the best decision you ever made.
Dr. Sandy Chuan's office was extremely professional, kind, and knowledgeable. They spent extra time with me answering all my questions and helping me to understand the process. Her and her staff are on call to help me with anything 24/7 and are always so kind about it. I have never felt like a number, and appreciate their sensitivity during such a confusing and difficult process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
All nursing staff were very kind and answered all questions and followed up after every appointment. I am also able to reach them 24/7 with any questions big or small and they are always so kind about it no matter what time.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
New, clean, with the latest technology.
$20,000 one time fee, success guaranteed or money back.

2013 - 2015, Successful
Jenn [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We could not have loved having Dr. Chuan as our doctor any more than we did. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for over two years by the time we first saw her. She was warm, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. She took the time to explain everything to us in terms that we could understand and relate to. The month before we were to start the IVF process we ended up pregnant naturally and I miscarried at 7 weeks. The first time I saw Dr. Chuan after she found out she couldn't have been more sympathetic and caring. We decided to skip IUI as an option due to my age, 37 at the time, and the fact that we had been trying to get pregnant for so long at that point, we all agreed that IVF would have a higher possibility of success. We initially were going to do just one retrieval due to the high cost of IVF (our insurance covered nothing of course) and ended up with 3 fresh blastocysts of poor quality. We transferred all three and received a negative result which was obviously emotionally devastating. My husband and I decided to try again and the clinic was amazing in working with us. They offer a discount if you buy a three retrieval package and they rolled over the money we spent on the single retrieval into the package so we saved a lot of money. We did two more retrievals back to back and froze everything. For every new cycle of treatment, Dr. Chuan changed the protocol to try to find what worked best for us. Our first retrieval she was only able to get viable eggs from one ovary so she changed our medications the next time and got better results. She tried a change to the medications for the third retrieval as well to try to give us the best odds. Our second transfer ended up as a blighted ovum miscarriage. Another devastation. Our third transfer resulted in a negative result. By this point I was pretty frustrated and concerned about the quality of my eggs. We spoke to Dr. Chuan about possibly using an egg donor even though we still had six of our own five day blastocysts frozen. She was very empathetic and understanding about our frustration but urged us to give it one more shot with our own eggs and to try transferring three (they normally only transfer a maximum of two) blastocysts. So, we gave it a shot and I honestly fully expected it to fail since I was pretty disheartened at this point. I couldn't be more thrilled to say that I am 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl! To say that I was shocked by the positive result would be an understatement. After all of our HCG numbers came back and we were where we were supposed to be, Dr. Chuan called me to congratulate me. At this point in the process generally the fertility doctor is done but she knew how much we had struggled and wanted us to know that she truly cared about us. I have never dealt with a doctor who cared more about me and everything I was going through. If Dr. Chuan could be my lifelong doctor for everything I would be thrilled.
Always be honest about your feelings. I am fully aware about what a serious process fertility treatment is but my husband and I always use sarcasm and humor to deal with stress. Because we joked around, Dr. Chuan adapted fully to our personalities and that really helped us through the process. Had we been super serious about the whole thing, she would have been also. We were able to be ourselves around her which made the process infinitely easier and more comfortable.
From our very first appointment, Dr. Chuan was completely invested in our journey.
I remember that Dr. Chuan changed up our medications during each retrieval to try to get the best results but I don't remember exactly what she changed. I do know that I responded very badly to Estrogen during the egg transfer process and so she tried three different routes for me to take the medication to make me less ill, i.e. patches vs. orally. I was very grateful because taking the pills orally made me horribly nauseated.
Jenn is the primary person I dealt with at every appointment. She was amazing. Very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. During our first appointment she gave me her cell phone number and said I could text her with any questions, which I did. I had a lot of questions which she always answered quickly and thoroughly. Chris and Michelle did the bulk of my ultrasounds and they were both amazing. Both of them were very friendly and very knowledgeable. They each made me feel completely at ease.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Most of my appointments, consultations, and ultrasounds were at the Temecula office while the egg retrievals and transfers were at the Del Mar office. The Temecula office is very lovely; well appointed and very clean. It was a pleasure to go here. And since I live in Murrieta, it was fantastic and convenient that most of my appointments were able to be done locally. The Del Mar office is just as nice. They have opened a new clinic in Del Mar that I haven't yet been to so I can't give an opinion of what it currently looks like but I'm sure it is even better than the last one!
The IVF three egg retrieval package was $26,790. Our medications per cycle were about $6,000.

2013 - 2015, Successful
We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She [Dr Chuan] was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics [at San Diego Fertility Center] were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever known. She treated me like you would a good friend, yet she remained professional. She was positive, kind and caring. I was extremely confident in her medical and fertility knowledge. We had to make several changes in my protocol over the 2+ years I saw her. She was always accommodating with my requests. I had some reactions with either birth control pills, hormone creams or injection medications that she would work with me to figure out new protocols to try. I felt like Dr. Chuan worked so hard to find the right protocols that would work with my body each cycle.
Stay patient and eliminate stress from your life as much as possible
Doctors and staff treated me with kindness, respect and genuine caring
Dr.Chuan thought we would reach the best results if we started right away with an egg retrieval due to my age, 40. Our most successful retrieval was the first. After a month of birth control pills to suppress my ovaries, we then stimulated the follicles with injections and retrieved 6 eggs. My husband and I wanted to do genetic testing and the clinic charged same fee whether you had one or eight embryos, so over the next 2+ years we tried to retrieve enough eggs to fertilize into embryos so we could have eight embryos for the testing. It took 2+ years due to my body reacting to the protocols. The protocol that worked perfectly the first round did not work again. I think we tried around 6-10 different protocols over the whole process. The first egg retrieval resulted in the one embryo that genetically would be a viable pregnancy. We implanted the one embryo that was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman)
Jenn Hoffman was incredible. She, along with Dr.Chuan, showed a positive happy attitude throughout the years of treatment. She went above and beyond her duties for me.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Both the Temecual and San Diego clinics were efficient, professional, peaceful surroundings and staff was cheerful and kind. I'd like to mention Cecy, she went above and beyond for me and I am so grateful to her. Also, Myrna, the front desk staff, was always super helpful, friendly and cheerful. The staff made each appointment feel like a visit amongst friends and that is so appreciated since this process can be so daunting and stressful.
Over the 2+ years the total cost of medications and clinic procedures was $60,000
2014 - 2015, Successful
From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!...Everything at the clinic is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic
Everything at the clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] is great except ins/billing dept. I checked my ins before starting treatment but ended up calling back a second and third time to verify info that was quoted differently to clinic...From day one she [Dr Chuan] made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From day one she made my husband and I very comfortable. She explained everything she planned on doing with risks and expectations. Every major procedure was done by her. Even though my husband and I had unexplained infertility she never gave up, wanted to make sure we got pregnant-and here I am, 6 1/2 months pregnant!
Although she explains everything if there is something you don't understand don't be scared to ask. This is a big confusing time-she will go over everything so you understand
I was always acknowledged and spoken to with respect. This is a long hard process and time was always spent with me and questions were always answered.
At first my husband and I did ever test possible to try and determine why we were unable to conceive on our own. We decided to skip IUI and go straight to IVF because there is a better chance of success. We did a normal protocol for egg retrieval and froze them to give my body time to recoup. For our first FET the protocol was normal and unfortunately neither of the two stuck. For our second FET we changed protocol to use drugs like an egg retrieval to try to use my own bodies hormones. It worked, of the two used one stuck.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I would say that we were lucky having fertility coverage through our ins. So we only paid a co-pay for drugs and a small percentage for procedures because the center was out of network

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Chuan is very dedicated to her profession. I appreciated the way she made me feel like that our dream of conceiving a child would come true. I had a really hard time going through everything, but thankfully Dr. Chuan always lifted my spirits when she entered the room. Her optimism kept me going!
Jen [a nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Your journey started long ago, but now your future awaits you. Don't be scared of the process and take everything one step at a time. Ask whatever questions you have, even if they seem like silly ones. Dr. Chuan's experience and knowledge will help guide you through. Be confident that not only will she do her very best to handle your case delicately, but that you will meet you bundle of joy soon!!! My motto through everything was "Where hope grows, miracles blossom."
I felt like a human being because Dr. Chuan spoke to me as an individual instead of the "common" patient suffering from infertility.
The only thing that stands out to me was my initial reaction to the progesterone tablets I tried. I told Dr. Chuan that they made me bleed uncomfortably, so she had me try progesterone in oil. Well, the needles in my backside didn't work either, because I don't have much muscle or body fat in that area and it hurt way too much! So, then she had me try the cream, which was way more comfortable and I was able to get through the entire length of dosage prior to my transfer.
Jen was very compassionate and understanding. Her, having been a surrogate, new first hand how important it was for someone to have a baby of their own. Every time I had a negative result, she was there to tell me it was OK and that "we are going to get it next time." We are still in contact today on social media, where she can see my baby girl grow.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Initially the clinic was a shared office, so I was somewhat confused when I first went in. I wasn't sure if it was a regular doctor's office or a lab. There were other nurses and front reception staff from the other provider, that were not very happy most of the time. But once I realized that was not SDFC, I looked past it and focused on my visit with Dr. Chuan.
I believe we spent roughly $5,000.00 total in medication; Medication for the egg retrieval and 3 transfers. I did end up with a little more medication than I needed for my last transfer, and I donated it back to clinic. The overall cost was about $20,000.00.

2013, Unsuccessful
The doctor [Dr. Chuan] did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns...I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told [at San Diego Fertility Center]. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle...Since we were young, I was prescribed clomid and tried at home. We had monitoring appointments every other day up until ovulation. We repeated the same exact protocol for the second month without any adjustments.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan has very nice shoes. That is what I remember as she always seemed to talk about her very high end shoe collection and we certainly felt like we were paying for those shoes with each expensive visit. The clinic would give us pricing estimates on tests and we would receive invoices for thousands more than we were told. We were frustrated by our experience since we were not taken seriously and decided to move on to another specialist after a few months of working with Dr Chuan.
Be prepared for more costs than you are initially told. There were charges for every visit, monitoring visit and blood test for our clomid cycles. We ended up paying more than we would have paid for an IUI for a clomid cycle.
The doctor did not take us seriously since we were young (28) and no obvious issues showed on our initial testing despite the fact we were not pregnant after 18 months of trying to conceive. We were understandably concerned with the situation and the doctor really brushed off our concerns. After our cycles, we were called by a nurse with terrible bedside manner. She said " The test was negative. When do you want to start your next treatment?" There was not time for processing the situation or personal touch. We felt like we were being pushed down a conveyor belt.
The nurse was very blunt and focused on pushing us into the next cycle. She did not seem to take the emotional aspect of fertility treatment into account when communicating with us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The office is clean and professional. They were only open on certain days as the doctor worked in San Diego and Temecula, so if doing IVF here, you would need to sync your cycle to the clinic's availability.
We ended up paying about $12,000 for initial fertility testing since our insurance covered $0. The clomid cycles ended up costing about $2500 each due to all the monitoring appt
Temecula

Dr. Chuan always made me feel like she new my case and my issues, even though I know she had a lot of patients....for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo...She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
They [nurses at San Diego Fertility Center] were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually...For the retrieval and transfer it was about 15,000 and then the medication was about 5,000. Each time... They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was great! Honest and I have recommended her to many friends. She was great at explaining everything that was happening. It was great to have a clinic closer to Riverside instantly of having to drive all the was to San Diego every time.
Make sure you go to the informational meeting the clinic holds about once a month, before your consultation.
I don’t really remember, but for the successful cycle I had Testosterone gel, clomid, menopur, Gonal- F. I had fewer eggs retrieved (6) but they were all mature and 3 made it to embryo. 1 day 5, 2 day 6 and we had a full term daughter with the transfer of the day 5 embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
They were amazing and so flexible with timing. They always got me in early, trying to teach and go through treatment was hard timing wise. I was always allowed to be first appointment of the day usually.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Just location depending on where you are coming from. They were amazing at communicating with each other. I had to have a different dr do my egg retrieval because of timing and he was just as amazing as Dr. Chuan.

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Chuan was always available and she took special care with all her patients. It felt like she was truly invested in my success...was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
[San Diego Fertility Center is a] Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant...22k for retrieval and first transfer, 4700 for frozen embryo transfer and 500 per year for embryo storage
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
Trust her treatment plan. She honestly cares and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant. Which are excellent statistically speaking.
2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
Our experience working with Dr. Chuan has always been very positive. I always tell anyone going through what we are what an amazing Doctor she is and how much she cares for us. I'm so thankful she has been our doctor through this whole experience.
I absolutely love this clinic [San Diego Fertility Center]. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient....Every nurse or staff member at SD Fertility Center has been so kind and compassionate. Our experience there has been positive because of the people there. They all care.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan is an amazing Doctor and to trust her professional guidance and decisions. She always has your best interest in mind.
Dr. Chuan always made us feel that she cared about us and our situation. We have always trusted her because we know she cares.
I don't remember all the meds but I do know it was important to take everything as directed so I did.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I absolutely love this clinic. Our experience there has been positive. We love the people and they are all organized and efficient.
Very easy to schedule and attend. No wait time at all.
The costs were well communicated to us and that part was absolutely fine.