11425 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92108
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Treated 2019 - 2020
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.
Treated 2020
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [with Dr. Susanna Park]...was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Sara York [nurse] was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues...The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Sr. Susanna Park was extremely compassionate, courteous and excellent in all respects. She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The entire process was seamless and pleasant for my surrogate and myself and resulted in a successful pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound after the first transfer.
Be completely confident that you will receive excellent, compassionate and courteous care in all respects!
I had an extremely outstanding experience with San Diego Fertility Clinic in all respects!!! I am a single man who is going to have a baby with a gestational surrogate. The entire process proceeded very quick;y and expeditiously from the.start. The entire staff was always very available and extremely courteous and responded very quickly and effectively to all issues. Dr. Park was amazing in all respects!!! She told me and my surrogate exactly what to expect. The process was most pleasant for me and my surrogate and my surrogate became pregnant after the first transfer and her first OB ultrasound looked perfect!
IVF using my sperm and donor eggs, fresh transfer of embryo
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: SaraSara)
Sara York was excellent in every respect, was an excellent communicator and courteously, expeditiously and compassionately resolved all issues.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very roughly recall $20,000 to $30,000 for everything including additional transfers if needed
We discussed the pros and cons of each and decided on single embryo transfer as the safest approach.
Treated 2020
Dr. Chuan is great! She is very good at explaining things and is encouraging. I just wish she was more available for questions. I have only seen her once at our consultation appointment. After our first IUI failed I wanted to change up the protocol and Dr. Chuan's staff said I couldnt do that unless I made an appointment with the doctor and I couldnt speak with her for 3 weeks (telephone appointment). Besides that, Dr. Chuan is the only reason why I have stayed with this clinic...Make sure you're prepared with all of your questions at your consultation appointment because you'll be dealing with her staff afterwards.
They [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate...Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions)...I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Sandy Chuan used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 & trigger for IUI #1 which failed (only produced 1 mature follicle). IUI #1 scheduled 36 hours after trigger. IUI #2: clomid 100 mg days 3-7 & trigger 36 hours prior to the IUI. They actually wanted to schedule it 39 hours after my trigger (which didnt make sense to me) so I had to speak with the PA about having to do my trigger shot later. IUI #2 failed. I think their timing of the IUI's arent very accurate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen & Monica )
The nursing staff is nice if you sit there and do whatever they say and dont question them. The second you begin to question them, their true colors come out. I dont like that the give contradictory directions for example scheduling my IUI 39 hours after they told me to trigger rather than 36 hours after. They also said it didnt matter how my husband transported his sample, even though the paper directions they give with the sample cup have very specific directions. Every time I've ever had a question, the NP acted like she was in a rush to leave the exam room (her hand on the door as you're asking questions).
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Advocate for yourself. The only one who acts like they actually care about you is the doctor (who you'll only deal with once). Ask your questions even if they make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each IUI was $700 not including meds which were another $100 per cycle.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wanted to change my med protocol and was told I couldnt do so unless I spoke to the doctor who wasnt available for 3 weeks. I told them that I've been on clomid 4 times and didnt think I was responding anymore. The PA wasnt listening to my concerns and said I would need to talk to the doctor about changing the med, which I know a PA can prescribe a new med. It would've taken a simple call/text to the doctor to change the med but seems like she just didnt want to.
Treated 2019 - 2020
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle...never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind...I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica [nurses], especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protoc
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
From the very first moment I spoke with Dr. Chuan, I immediately felt comfortable. My husband and I walked away from our consultation absolutely refreshed and ready to attempt another IVF cycle (after a previous experience with another provider in NC that was awful). Dr. Chuan never once made either of us feel rushed or like we were taking up her time. She has answered every question with a smile and absolute honesty. She is realistic about expectations and potential problems, but extremely positive and encouraging. As I prepared for multiple surgeries, I always felt a little bit better once she came to the bedside prior to the surgery. I knew I was in good hands! She is an excellent communicator, and I would only trust any future transfers or cycles with her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - use this amazing resource as an opportunity to never feel like you are being "a bother" to a provider ever again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan and her staff (especially the Temecula office!) made me feel like family. I always felt that I was taken care of. Every interaction has been personable, supportive, and encouraging. I have felt cared for and have never doubted my treatment plan because I know they always have my best interests in mind.
Dr. Chuan utilized my previous IVF records and our consult to adjust a care plan for my IVF egg retrieval and frozen transfer cycle. She is more on the conservative side when it comes to her treatment and while I was not a fan of the additional injections at the time, I knew in my heart she recommended it for success. What I really like about Dr. Chuan is she did not just do an IVF cycle and leave it at that. She really cared to find the root of the problem, which for me was also endometriosis and fibroids, which she treated quickly and efficiently. In any previous IVF experiences, I had been shuffled around to different doctors when I did not meet a classic IVF response. Dr. Chuan never made me feel like she was going to just send me back to my OB-GYN or primary care doctor - she truly is a fertility specialist and does not just focus her energy on the high dollar IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn and Monica)
It is hard to write a review on the Temecula staff without getting emotional. I had the best, most personable experience with Jenn and Monica, especially. They are supportive, encouraging, compassionate, and they truly care. No matter how silly my question, they were immediately available with an amazing response time. Jenn is a wealth of information when it comes to helping with funding, resources, and scheduling. Monica managed all my protocols and medication, performed any in-office procedures and ultrasounds, delivered all my health information precisely and accurately and I always knew I was in good hands. I never felt like I was in a doctor's office, it always felt like I was visiting friends who truly cared and were rooting for my success from day 1. They make you feel like you are the only patient in their care. I do not know how they can do that for hundreds of people but they do! I especially liked that I felt I really had a 'team'; I saw the same people every single time and that consistency was essential.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC works like a well-oiled machine. If someone does not have an answer, they immediately can redirect you to someone that does. I made all of my appointments through Myrna and I never had a difficult time finding an appt time that would work with my schedule, and she made everything quick and easy. I am SO grateful that SDFC offers satellite offices. All other major procedures were performed in the San Diego office which is beautiful and state-of -the-art. The offices are clean and beautiful, and all the staff I encountered were great.
Describe Sandy Chuan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Chuan spent a lot of time with me on a phone consult to discuss my options of transferring embryos. We discussed the pros and cons, she recommended me to a genetic counselor (which was FABULOUS and helped me to understand so much more), and she made me feel like the decision was ultimately up to me. She was supportive of transferring two embryos, when in the past clinics have said only those over the age of 40 can do so, as long as they were all a healthy quality, and she told me when she was uncomfortable with one of my choices. I respected her decision and we were successful for the first time ever.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I only had one minor problem with having records transferred to my OB-GYN. It was the second records request (the initial one was immediate and perfect) and I sent it via email. Once I followed up it was corrected that day.
Treated 2017 - 2020
Dr. Chuan was always available and she took special care with all her patients. It felt like she was truly invested in my success...was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
[San Diego Fertility Center is a] Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant...22k for retrieval and first transfer, 4700 for frozen embryo transfer and 500 per year for embryo storage
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was with me through my entire journey. She showed general concern and was pragmatic and honest with her treatment plans. She was always honest and gave realistic expectations. My favorite quote from her was “every embryo is precious and we treat it as such” this made me feel like she felt the same way I did about my frozen embryos.
Trust her treatment plan. She honestly cares and wants you to get pregnant as much as you do.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic and well organized staff. Emails, phone calls are always answered and returned. They are all very professional and wonderful. Appointments were always accessible and results were always available when ready. I am so happy I chose San Diego fertility. Out of 3 transfers I had 1 live birth and currently pregnant. Which are excellent statistically speaking.

Treated 2018 - 2020
The clinic staff [at San Diego Fertility Center] was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!...Dr. Park instilled a lot of confidence in our journey and was quick to explain the concerns and strengths in a kind and authentic manner. She was available for appointments and was supportive throughout our journey...recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine...carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Don't delay! Move forward with Dr. Park and her team and you will not be disappointed
Dr. Park carefully explained the procedures and answered any questions we had with kindness and generosity. We never felt rushed
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic staff was exceptional in dealing with our LGBTQ family - we felt affirmed, supported and cared for throughout our journey. We were always greeted in a warm way and everyone was on top of their game!
Dr. Park recommended SET for our case since our egg donor's age was young and our sperm quality and family history seemed fine.

Treated 2020
Dr. Park is very personable and understanding of her patients needs and desires. She is extremely knowledgeable and up to speed with the latest and greatest treatments and procedures coming out. She is very in demand, but still takes the time to get back to you...She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do...is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone [at San Diego Fertility Center] has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons...Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and understanding of where we were at in our process. She tried to explain anything we did not understand and was always there to answer our question, no matter how trivial.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Make sure you message her, as you can't go wrong.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Starting this during the quarantine, so I think the situation is a bit different as they rotate their staff around. But everyone has been very helpful through email and phone. They have been very responsive and answered all of our questions or directed us to someone else within the clinic who would know the answers. So far no cons.
She preferred single embryo transfers because of the high risks to multiple embryos. She simple told us the pros and cons of each and is letting us decide what we wanted to do... we already had in our mind single.
Treated 2019 - 2020
I felt very valuable as a patient [of Dr. Susanna Park]...was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs...I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
The clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do...[the nurses are] The absolute best. They always had a smile and showed so much joy for you during your visits. They were all wishing and hoping for a positive pregnancy every time.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna Park was very compassionate and helpful during every step. She answered all questions I had even when I received 4 negative pregnancy tests from my IUI treatments. During the consultation she explained everything in depth for me to understand and even gave my wife information if she wanted to donate her eggs.
Ask questions! She is there to help.
I felt very valuable as a patient
I used IUI with clomid and ovidrel injections.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic remembers the patients. I walk through the door and the receptionist knew my name after a few visits. All the love and care the staff shows you, makes you feel so happy. The downfall is when you need a weekend appointment and you have to travel to Del Mar where that staff may not know you like the others do.
IUI treatments are 700 each time
Treated 2020
[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
So far, it [San Diego Fertility Center] seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet...Our Mini IVF was broken down into different categories. I think the cost before meds would be about $15K...[Dr. Susanna Park's] very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand...She was so warm and showed a lot of empathy! She explained everything to us in great deal and even handed me a tissue when I was crying...She made us feel very comfortable and even explain
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park greeted us with a very warm personality and kind regard. She made us feel very comfortable and even explained things to us with drawings, pictures and diagrams. She encouraged us and we loved that she also works very closely with our fertility acupuncture clinic we go to.
Just ask a lot of questions because she’s very patient and good at explaining things in a way that everyone can understand.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
We haven’t got that far yet.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
So far, it seems to be very clean and welcoming. The front desk staff are always very sweet. Anytime we have sent an email, we have always gotten a prompt response! So far there have not been any weaknesses that I can think of since we haven’t actually started our cycle yet.
Treated 2019 - 2020
During our consult she [Dr. Sandy Chuan] was warm and shared stories of past experiences and was very easy to relate too. She was informative without speaking too technical...Very professional and knowledgeable...She went with the best program for me, not immediately to IVF...I was initially told to try IUI first as I've never tried to conceive. I had a HSG performed along with genetic testing to make it easier to find a sperm donor who wouldn't share a genetic abnormality. I had donor sperm shipped to main facility and it was ready for use for insemination. I did one normal unassisted cycle but ovulated prematurely. For my next cycle I used Clomid to increase the odds of healthy follicles. After the second cycle I had a positive pregnancy result.
I had a HSG performed [at San Diego Fertility Center] along with genetic testing to make it easier to find a sperm donor who wouldn't share a genetic abnormality. I had donor sperm shipped to main facility and it was ready for use for insemination. I did one normal unassisted cycle but ovulated prematurely...After the second cycle I had a positive pregnancy result...Both [nurses] were very supportive and remembered our names when we came into the office.... For my HSG it was between $100-175. I had my lab work done for free. For my first cycle it was $700, it was cancelled before insemination. For the next cycle it was $250 and was fully completed. I paid $80 for the Clomid and trigger shot, as it was partially covered by insurance. I also paid for genetic testing of my blood which was $250.00.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Very professional and knowledgeable. The staff in her office was the best. Her NP, Monica, and the other assistants, both Jenns included made me and my spouse feel very welcomed. I would recommend her to anyone who is trying to conceive. She went with the best program for me, not immediately to IVF.
Be patient of any setbacks and stay positive! She has your best interest at heart.
During our consult she was warm and shared stories of past experiences and was very easy to relate too. She was informative without speaking too technical
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Monica (NP) and Jenn Hoffman)
Both were very supportive and remembered our names when we came into the office. Their focus was the same as ours and I felt they genuinely cared.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Easy location to find, clean and new building. Weakness is that is closed the weekends so you have to travel to another office for appointments. There is also no financial counseling on site. Other than those couple of things, the office is big and has an ample amount of rooms to see its patients. The waiting room is well set up as well.
I paid out of pocket for my expenses. For my HSG it was between $100-175. I had my lab work done for free. For my first cycle it was $700, it was cancelled before insemination. For the next cycle it was $250 and was fully completed. I paid $80 for the Clomid and trigger shot, as it was partially covered by insurance. I also paid for genetic testing of my blood which was $250.00.
Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Sandy Chuan] has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen...My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Jenn [nurse at San Diego Fertility Center] was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety...I did 2 egg retrieval’s back to back which worked out to be about $28k in that cost included a transfer. My second transfer was $4200 around there. Also had a hysteroscopy for $2500. The medications for stimulation were expensive and added an extra $7k to total costs. But to me was all worth it.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan from the moment my husband and I met her for our initial consultation showed us kindness and empathy. It was clear to us she was very invested in her patients and their success. My case was complicated as I had uterine fibroids and Dr Chuan was very honest and said I needed to have a myomectomy before she can do an egg retrieval due to large size of my fibroids. After having my myomectomy I waited 6 weeks before doing my first egg retrieval and only got 2 PgS normal embryos and Dr chuan took time to explain to me and my husband why another retrieval was a good idea. We did another retrieval back to back with much more success and got 5 PGS normal embryos. I had to wait 6 months post myomectomy to do a transfer and with covid was more. When I was finally ready to do a transfer My first transfer failed and was a chemical pregnancy but Dr chuan really encouraged us and changed my protocol and felt hope that we would be pregnant even when I was losing hope and down and second transfer with single embryo was successful and I’m currently Pregnant in my second trimester. I feel Dr chuan was invested in my Success and I trusted her every step of the way and it paid off. She was never too busy for me and always made me and my husband feel she would do whatever it took within her capacity to get us a baby. I absolutely love Dr Chuan and as a doctor myself was so impressed with her skill, her bedside manner and her knowledge. She gets the best recommendation from Me
Trust her! She knows what she is doing and she wants her patients to succeed.
She has an amazing bedside manner and takes the necessary time to listen to needs of patients. One of the best bedside manners I have ever experienced in all physician patient encounters I have seen
When my first transfer was a chemical I felt very sad and I didn’t expect it to fail since was a pgs normal embryo and I had a hysteroscopy before and uterine cavity looked ok. Dr chuan gave me option to Do receptiva test only cause she said due to my fibroids I may have andenomyosis or endometriosis and also did ERA. My receptiva was normal and ERA mildly Prereceptive. She ultimately felt the first transfer failed due to embryo. Next transfer she changed my protocol to Lupron and It was successful. She never gave up even when I wanted to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman )
Jenn was very responsive which was really nice. I’m a very type A person and going through Ivf you lose a lot of control so it was really nice to have jenn to respond to my needs quickly and ease the anxiety
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strengths are friendly staff, really nice facility makes you feel VIP, draw their own labs for hormone checks and pregnancy tests, doctors are all professional and nice. Surgery center is downstairs from the clinic so very convenient
Dr chuan felt strongly about just doing a elective single embryo transfer as we didn’t want twins due to the stress of my job and we had PGS normal embryos. After first transfer failed I asked her if we should do 2 embryos instead as this would increase my chances and she suggested doing one this time since I had a lot of embryos and if this didn’t work then we can do 2! So glad I listened to her cause now I’m pregnant with one embryo and twins would have been very stressful for me and my husband
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps...clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
All the nursing and support staff were amazing [at San Diego Fertility Center] - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan clearly explained our options to us from the first visit. She set realistic expectations - discussing the changes of success, specific to my diagnosis and age group. She was genuine at each visit, and always caring, supportive, and enthusiastic. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Trust the process and ask any questions you may have.
Dr. Chuan was wonderful to work with from the moment we met her. She is very personable, warm, and has a great bedside manner, but is also very good at providing the realistic facts of the situation. She didn't sugarcoat our chances of success, but was able to set realistic expectations with us. With each appointment, she took the time to answer all of our questions and make sure we understood next steps. Additionally, her support staff was amazing. The amount of information can be overwhelming, but they were so organized and able to help us stay on top of everything we needed to do.
Stimulation protocols for egg retrieval included Menopur and Gonal-F, with increased doses of Menopur as we got closer to egg retrieval. We used cetrotide for ~5 days, and then Ovidrel (preferred to Pregnyl by insurance) to stimulate ovulation. With both cycles, follicles grew as expected, though a little slower the second time around. Each time I had ~8 follicles available. We retrieved 6 on cycle one, resulting in 4 embryos, of which 2 were good quality after PGS. The second cycle was even more successful than expected, retrieving 7 eggs, 4 embryos making it to the blastocyst stage, and all 4 with positive PGS results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Martinelli; Jenn Hoffman)
All the nursing and support staff were amazing - though we were assigned a primary care coordinator, when she went on maternity leave, everyone that helped cover was very helpful. They were quick to respond to emails or phone messages regarding any questions I had. Jenn even went above and beyond to mail us the gender of our baby upon our request, and make it a special package for us to open. Prior to proceeding with our first cycle for egg retrieval, we had a spontaneous pregnancy. When we reported this, everyone on staff was so happy and supportive. Unfortunately we experienced a miscarriage, but were able to move forward with successful treatments.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful at being organized and breaking everything down simply to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed. It was always easy to schedule an appointment. All the staff were great to work with and had great bedside manner. Special shout out to Laura Dunn who helped us navigate through insurance and billing. Everything seemed to go very smoothly for us; SDFC staff work very well together as a team. I especially like their approach of discussing cases between the various reproductive endocrinologists to get the best results for their patients. I have some friends that received care through other clinics, which they did not recommend I use due to issues with not feeling cared for, heard, and questionable billing practices.
Prepaid cash price for 2 egg retrievals (with PGS for 8 embryos) and one embryo transfer: $31,556 Total out of pocket cost was lower due to services covered by insurance
Treated 2018 - 2020
We did 3 egg retrieval cycles [with Dr. Sandy Chuan] following standard protocol as I understood it. I also had a polyp removed before my 1st embryo transfer. Dr. Chuan has a high standard of the markers she wants to see through each cycle. I trusted that any decisions she made had my best intentions in mind...Our appointments with Dr. Chuan were always full of positive energy. I could tell she really cared and wanted to help us...was knowledgeable and caring. I felt that we were in the best hands possible. We had a lot of decisions along the way and she was great at communicating all sides of the story so we could make the right decision for us. We never felt rushed or pushed.
[San Diego Fertility Center is] Clean, professional, everything you would want it to be. Great staff, prompt on appointments. Surgery center is great too. Had positive experiences at all my procedures. Great communication from embryology team...We did 3 egg retrieval cycles following standard protocol as I understood it. I also had a polyp removed before my 1st embryo transfer...They [nurses] were all amazing. I felt like this process was as important to them as it was to us.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Chuan was knowledgeable and caring. I felt that we were in the best hands possible. We had a lot of decisions along the way and she was great at communicating all sides of the story so we could make the right decision for us. We never felt rushed or pushed.
This is the doctor you want on your fertility journey. She's simply the best!
We did 3 egg retrieval cycles following standard protocol as I understood it. I also had a polyp removed before my 1st embryo transfer. Dr. Chuan has a high standard of the markers she wants to see through each cycle. I trusted that any decisions she made had my best intentions in mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Hoffman and Monica Torres)
They were all amazing. I felt like this process was as important to them as it was to us.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I don't recall the specific numbers. It is an investment but you are investing with the best team.
She preferred to start with 1 unless we wanted more. We agreed with her. With our limited amount of embryos, we wanted to be frugal with using a lot at once.
Investor
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls...Dr. Park is very friendly and articulate. She connected me also to several agencies for surrogate mothers. I chose one of the agencies she recommended and have been very happy also. I trust Dr. Park 100% and would recommend her to anyone.
I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here...I can expect to receive a very detailed report after each procedure/clinical visit. I was very impressed by the clinic and how well it is organized. I am very happy and confident my surrogate mother will be treated nicely by the nurse team there.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be ready for a great experience! :)
I cannot be happier for my experience with Dr. Park and her team. She always takes the time to comment on the latest result and is very patient and friendly in person or on video calls. I am very grateful that Dr. Park is helping me realize my dreams!
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarah York)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I was referred to SDFC by another friend, who had a great experience. I can confirm SDFC is amazing! The strength of SDFC is their professionalim and human warmth. It is very clear they have invested in the infrastructure of their clinic. It is well located in San Diego and easy to get to. The team is knowledgable and attentive. I really cannot think of any weakness to comment here.
Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Chaun] is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr...always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they [staff at San Diego Fertility Center] were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever...Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn [nurse] was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr.Chuan is hands down an amazing Dr. She is compassionate, happy, trustworthy, honest, sweet, and very caring. My husband and I felt 100% comfortable with her being our Fertility Specialist and very happy we chose her as our Dr.
This process may not be as easy as you think. Things may not go the way you had planned. Along the way, there’s stuff/issues you may find out about yourself and your body that you weren’t prepared for. Try to go in with an open mind and trust the process and trust the path Dr.Chuan takes you down. She has learned your body and she’s the best person to get you to your goal of having a baby.
Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman have been amazing with us. They both always were comforting and sincere every time I saw them. They always were upfront and honest with every question I had, even if it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. They both always went above and beyond to make my husband and I feel comfortable with the not always so comfortable process of IVF. Anytime I had a question while at home, Jenn was easy to reach. Jenn also went out of her way to make sure I had exactly what I needed when I was miscarrying. Dr.Chuan always lightens up the room when she walks in. She has a calming sense to her. You can tell she made sure to throughly go through my chart to make sure we tested for anything and everything possible to try to figure out my infertility problems. I am currently pregnant with my second single embryo transfer and praying everything works out this time around. I couldn’t thank Dr.Chuan and Jenn Hoffman enough for all their help along the way.
Jenn Hoffman made our IVF journey as comforting as possible. She is always easy to reach and ready for any questions we have. Jenn is compassionate and truly cares about how I’m doing, how I’m feeling, and making sure I always have what I need. Jenn stuck by my side when I found out I was miscarrying on our first IVF cycle. My husband couldn’t go into the clinic, because of covid, so it was comforting having Jenn by my side. Im very excited that I am being promoted to the OB but I can honestly say that I will miss seeing Jenn and Dr.Chuan along the rest of our pregnancy journey. I couldn’t thank them enough!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The front office is amazing. The girls up front are always so sweet and accommodating. They always answer the phones when I call to ask questions or when I need to make appointments. The staff downstairs in the clinic area are wonderful as well. Whether I was in there for my egg retrieval, Transfers, or my D&C, they were always so sweet and made sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. The whole staff at San Diego Fertility Center in Del Mar have been nothing short of amazing to us. We have no complaints whatsoever and are very happy with the experience we’ve had with them the last 2 years. Thank you SDFC!
Treated 2016 - 2020
Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!...She was great at explaining to you risks vs benefits of multiple embryo transfer...would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Overall our experience was great [at San Diego Fertility Centerr]. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!...Jenn was AMAZING and so helpful to me all the time! She still is :) I couldn’t ask for a better nurse than Jenn!!...Dr Chuan is very personable and friendly. She communicates well and make you feel like a friend. She takes her time to explain everything to you. She would take additional calls when I needed to speak with her about things. I love everything about her!
Trust her!
Dr Chuan was my favorite! And her staff. They were always so warm and helpful. Dr Chuan would greet you with a hug a s was so personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Hoffman)
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Overall our experience was great. Pricing was always worked out for us. The few hiccups we had with communication were always addressed quickly and that only happened when some of my nurses changed for a short time. Otherwise I love this clinic!
We probably spent a total of almost 100k
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Friedman always spoke to me respectfully and professionally, empathizing with my situation while also being honest about the pros and cons of the different treatment options for my situation. ... Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. ... She never pressured me. ... First embryo transfer cycle was cancelled as my uterine lining was not optimal thickness. She prescribed medications to help thicken my lining for the next cycle which worked.
The clinic's [San Diego Fertility Center] strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. ... I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. ... I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is a compassionate, trustworthy, and professional. She made me feel comfortable and presented all my treatment options with the pros and cons so I always felt like I was making a fully informed decision. She never pressured me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Ask questions if you don't understand something. Be open and honest about your expectations and take your time to weigh the pros and cons.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Brooke Friedman used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela McKee)
All of the nursing staff was great. They made me feel at ease and were always willing to take the time to answer my questions or address any concerns. I especially appreciated the nurse that planned my egg retrieval cycle as she advised me to get pricing for all of my medications through insurance and retail as sometimes the retail price is significantly lower than through insurance. I think I saved at least 50% on my medications following this advice.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic's strengths are the great people that work there. One weakness is that they are sometimes very booked to the point that you can end up waiting longer than expected to be seen. This only happened on a few occasions but it would have been nice to be called if they are running behind so that I didn't leave work just to sit in the waiting room for 30-40 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center.
I pre-paid a flat charge of $17,500 for the entire treatment process. This was given as the best option to control costs as I would not have to pay anything more. They would refund any amounts that my insurance covered. My insurance only covered the visits at the office and not the embryology lab or surgery center so I only got refunded about $775.
Describe Brooke Friedman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We made it clear from the beginning that we only wanted one embryo transferred as we only wanted one child and did not want to take the risk of multiples. She fully supported our decision.
Treated 2018 - 2019
My only complaint would be that I wish I got to interact with Dr Friedman more. The times I was able to she was understanding, compassionate but also realistic. My favorite interaction with Dr Friedman was our first FET. She seemed so genuinely excited for us and did a great job talking us through all of the steps. ... Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples.
Majority of the clinic staff [San Diego Fertility Center] are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. ... My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. ... The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Just know that you won't interact with her as much as you would assume
We first tried 2 clomid IUIs then switched to a another medicine for the 3rd IUI. All 3 resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For my IVF egg retrieval, I did Gonal F and Menopur with Cetrotide. This results in 21 eggs retrieved and 9 frozen embryos. For my FET, I did estrogen and PIO. Transfer was successful but miscarried at 8w+2d.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marissela Mckee)
My care coordinator was fine. My only complaint was that there were multiple times I felt like a number rather than a patient. It was clear she didnt look at my chart before responding to questions (ex. when I was having issues before my FET and emailed her about them, she responded with something about clomid which I had not been on in months). The other nurses that handled my monitoring appointments and blood work were all wonderful.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Majority of the clinic staff are wonderful and compassionate, but I did have several interactions that I thought could have been handled differently. I had a front desk girl start to say how she and her husband werent desperate enough yet to start treatments and then immediately caught herself. Days after my miscarriage (right before Christmas) I had staff asking me if I had any fun plans for the holiday. It wasnt mean-spirited but I do feel that in these situations knowing things like that could impact those suffering through a loss should be part of their standard care training. My only other specific complaint was the day we had our ultrasound and found out the baby didnt have a heartbeat anymore. Our nurse that day said it so matter-of-fact and left the room to get the doctor. As they escorted us to the doctors office I saw our nurse setting up for a staff party or something in the break room. Again, this wasnt mean-spirited but I feel like extra caution needs to be taken in these clinics to avoid their patients feeling like numbers. To me, in that extremely emotional moment, seeing the person that had just told me I lost a baby setting up for a party really bothered me. Something as easy as shutting the door to the break room could have avoided that feeling for me, but again, I know there was no bad intent from the staff. I would assume most of the staff have not been through fertility treatments so some of these things that, anywhere else, would never be an issue are felt differently based on what we are going through. Besides these couple instances, we have loved our clinic and the staff.
Dr Friedman preferred we start with one embryo due to the risk of multiples. She was open to the conversation of transferring 2 for future transfers.
San Diego - Del Mar Main
Because of my chronic condition endometriosis, Dr. Friedman has had very specific protocols for our treatment. She has gone the extra mile to take precautions that will greatly increase our chances of success during our embryo transfer. Specifically, she has recommended extra cycles of hormone therapy to suppress my endometriosis; allowing my body to have the best chance at accepting the embryo during transfer.
It [San Diego Fertility Center] is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way. ... Mj [nurse] is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Friedman is the warmest and kindest person I have ever received care from. From the moment we met, I felt heard and understood. She has provided my husband and I with honest advice and realistic expectations. With her we feel so safe going through our IVF cycle. There hasn’t been one person who hasn’t raved about her to us and we feel so fortunate to have found San Diego Fertility Center. Thank you for being so wonderful!
I would advise any prospective patients to trust Dr. Friedman with their journey. She is the best at what she does and her level of care is unmatched.
From the moment we met Dr. Friedman she welcomed us with open arms. She took the time to learn about our story and medical history before our first consultation and every appointment sense she has come prepared and ready. My specific needs are met time and time again. Her ability to connect on a genuine and individual basis is why we continue to feel human with her instead of just another patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ )
Mj is warm and welcoming. She always provides detailed information about each phase of our cycle. She is there to answer any questions when needed.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I haven’t found one negative about our center. It is beautiful, clean, and inviting. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to. Scheduling appointments is painless and they are on top of everything we’ve done along the way.
Our first IVF cycle has cost upwards of $20,000 so far, with medication and appointments.
Dr. Friedman highly recommends transferring only one embryo. Her reasoning stems from the complications that may occur with pregnancies that include multiples. She has also taken into consideration my age and future pregnancies while giving this advice.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Kettle is great. We were an unexpected challenging case and I don’t think he was prepared for our results. Therefore we did not see our poor response to treatment as an option. He got more honest and realistic with us as we progressed. ... he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. ... I see Megan and Danielle. Both are amazing and caring. They have helped me through the worst days of my life. I’m so grateful for their care.
How was your experience with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
Know that you will develop a better relationship with nurses since they do the primary day to day care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center?
I didn’t see Dr Kettle at all my appts but I would see the nurses in the Mission Valley office and they are so lovely, kind and caring.
Describe the protocols Michael Kettel used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For our 2 IUIs we did clomid. For our first 2 Egg retrieval’s we did an antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal and cetritide. Round 2 he just increased my dose to double. We are starting a third round using a micro flare protocol that involves lupron twice a day as well as gonal and menopur.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The Del Mar clinic is large and busy and can be very chaotic. I prefer to go to the Mission Valley clinic. It’s more intimate and I feel like a human not like a number. The nurses I see provide such exceptional care. Because I see them so often I sometimes forget about Dr Kettle. I know he’s working behind the scenes but sometimes it’s odd to go long times without checking in. On the other hand I feel so comfortable with the nurses it makes it tolerable. If seeing a doctor at every appt is important to you, this clinic wouldn’t be right for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Kettel at San Diego Fertility Center.
Each egg retrieval was around $13,000 not including medications. We have done 2 and are starting a 3rd
Describe Michael Kettel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We have one PGS tested normal so it isn’t really an option but if we get a second he would allow 2.
Michael Kettel
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Park is helpful with explaining your diagnosis and proposed treatment and will sit and answer questions until you are comfortable with next steps. She is honest with her opinions, but when moving forward with treatment she takes patient input seriously and works with you....Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience.... A full IVF cycle is $13,500. They do offer embryo banking package, two retrievals and one transfer.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
There is so much that goes into IVF so be prepared with questions when you see her. Ultrasounds/bloodwork while doing a retrieval are not permitted by Dr. Park, so your appointments with her need to be used wisely.
Dr. Park was supportive, but realistic, with treatment and expected outcomes. She referenced real cases and she worked through options with us vs. simply prescribing a standard protocol and sending us on our way.
Due to low egg reserve and both tubes blocked, we did IVF high dose hormones to stimulate the max amount of follicles. Started with Lupron shots morning/night then added in HCG and Follistim at night with an Ovidrel trigger. We’ve done two rounds. 1st- 4 follicles, 3 mature eggs, 3 fertilized (ICSI), 2 embryos. 2nd- 6 follicles, 6 mature eggs, 6 fertilized (ICSI), 4 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Rinteria)
Janette was quick to respond to calls or emails and ensured we, as well as Dr. Park, were on the same page.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Clinic is a well oiled machine! All the doctors are friendly and the nurses/staff are helpful with ensuring the process is as comfortable as possible. I can see how people could think that patients are just a “number” from other reviews, but on the other side, we are all here for the same reason and the doctors and nurses are working hard to give everyone a great experience. I think if you do your due diligence and connect with your doctor, you will feel supported and connected throughout the entire process.
She is pro eSET. Will explain pros/cons, but is open to discussing.
Treated 2018 - 2019
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations....I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment.... I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE.
How was your experience with Brooke Friedman at San Diego Fertility Center?
While I have not been impressed with SDFC as a whole, Dr. Friedman is probably the best part of a not so great organization. I felt as though she empathized with us during each of our consultations. My issues with her may just be how her office is run, but other than the consults and actual surgical procedures, I have never heard from or seen her at an appointment. Her MA is quite cold, and I've found myself holding back from reaching out as to not have any further interaction. I was really disappointed when each monitoring appointment (ultrasound) was with a different staff member and even each IUI is with staff, not the actual RE. As meds were adjusted, I was only contacted by the staff I did not know and nothing was explained. I was also struck when all embryo updates were an informal email from a lab department, again I never heard from my actual doctor.
Go in understanding this is a very hands-off clinic. They see a high volume of patients and don't have the time to give any "personal touch". As this was my first experience with fertility treatments, it took a lot of research on my own to understand what was going on.
Through my 2 IUIs and 1 round of IVF at SDFC its only become more apparent that patients are treated as a number rather than an individual case. The best example of this is the fact that you see a different staff member, never a doctor, during each monitoring appointment. The staff always asks to get "caught up" on your meds/cycle, and I can say that if any of them saw me outside of the office they would not recognize me as a patient, let alone even remember my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MJ)
While you are assigned a care coordinator under a RE at SDFC, my experience was that you only see them during the intake of appointments with the doctor- aka consultations. All other appointments and services are with a mix of other staff members on a rotating basis. The coordinator is available via email if you have questions outside the appointment, but I found it felt like I was bothering her if I did reach out.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC feels like a fertility mill. They see a large quantity of patients, and its evident that individual care is not high on their priority list. While the first consultation is often comped, and you get a great full hour consultation, my experience was after you sign on as a patient, you never really see the doctors again but rather have your case managed by a myriad of staff who don't get to know your case. Now that I have completed my retrieval and have embryos "on ice", I feel a bit stuck in the mill. I expected having such expensive, self-pay medicine would come with more access to physicians, and care designed for our specific circumstances.
Each IUI was about $850 with the trigger shot IVF is about $14,000 before medications FET is about $5,000
Dr. Friedman has a very strong preference for eSet
San Diego - Del Mar Main
We absolutely adore her! We felt she [Dr. Chuan] truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us.
I love everything about this clinic [San Diego Fertility] from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic....We are still in the process of qualifying for guaranteed IVF. It is a little bit higher in price than your standard cycle but we feel given our circumstances it is absolutely worth every penny!
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
We absolutely adore her! We felt she truly cared about our case individually and she made it very clear what our treatment plan was. We appreciate her honesty when I came to our fertility issues but she was still extremely positive and made us feel like we will leave with a baby either way. She did not push any additional cost on us. When it came to PGS testing she definitely told us the pros and cons and completely left the decision up to us. We did not at all feel pressured to spend more money then we already were
Give yourself a few hours for your consultation because she does not at all make you Feel rushed at all! We got individual time with her and the nurse and the financial advisor
She brought us straight to her office for our initial consultation and spent a great amount of time explaining everything to us step-by-step and asking if we had any questions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
Jenn is always so easy to reach if I have any questions at all. Every time I have gone in for blood work I have not had to wait and she already has everything set up and ready to go to get me in-and-out. I have very poor veins and it normally takes a few sticks to get blood but Jen can always get it 1st try!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
I love everything about this clinic from a to Z. It's clean organized and welcoming! I am midway through our 1st cycle of IVF and at this point I have no complaints. I truly feel that every member of the team loves their job and it makes a huge impact on the energy in the clinic.
I would say it definitely goes case by case. She does both however we are only 23 years old and have never been pregnant so in our case she said she will transfer one embryo a few times and depending on results she may go to two
Treated 2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Susanna Park] was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people [at San Diego Fertility Center]...Excellent team [of nurses]! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication...Clinic is clean, respectful, kind, compassionate and competent. We felt well taken care of the entire journey! Everyone was top notch and you leave feeling well supported. I can see why people travel from all over the world to work with Dr. Park and her team. We flew in from NC and despite our long distance, everyone was fantastic at coordinating all the little and big details.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was a stand out - not just in fertility treatment experiences, but in relation to ALL medical and healthcare treatment settings. She was patient, kind and easy to understand with a fun, easy going, approachable manner. She seemed genuinely interested in learning about our family's needs and wanting to get to know us on a personal level. Despite her busy schedule, we never felt rushed or hurried. She was a fantastic communicator and brought great infectious, enthusiasm. She was super LGBTQ+ affirming and competent.
Show up with an easy mind, open heart and your important questions.
Dr. Park carefully explained everything in a patient, easy to understand manner and appeared genuinely glad to explain things in great detail as requested. She provided great follow up and was very accessible. She ensured we felt comfortable with our team and was with us 100% of the journey along the way. We felt so lucky to be paired with her. Getting to this point was filled with so much pain and anguish and finding her and SDFC was a relief and great joy for our family. What started out as a difficult journey, proved to be a tremendous joy filled with the kindness of many people.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Elina Kjetselberg)
Excellent team! 10s across the board. Competence expressed at every visit and with each communication.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park following the standards of the ORM recommended a single Embryo transfer based on our circumstances.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Chuan acted as a compassionate listener. She effectively listed to my wife's needs, requests, fears, etc and responded with great empathy and willingness to support her in any way to maximize comfort while optimizing our fertility strategy...She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request.
[The nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center was] Always warm, welcoming, and with a smile to do their best to bring comfort and ease to otherwise anxious moments...Their billing team worked diligently with my insurance plan, which was not an easy task. They showed perseverance to work with my plan to establish a pricing plan which we could adhere to...The receptionists were not only helpful, but such wonderfully compassionate people. On time. We actually looked forward to our visits. The staff made the process very easy for us, as all services needed were all under one roof. Beautiful setting. Good coffee.
How was your experience with Sandy Chuan at San Diego Fertility Center?
Extraordinarily compassionate, and eager to listen to our unique circumstances and fertility strategy. She quite effectively communicated all processes, options, and risks. She immediately gained our trust, and through the multi-month process, we felt we were in very good hands. We also felt as though we could speak to her at any time if/when we had any questions or concerns. On more than one occasion, we were able to schedule candid phone conversations, on the same day as our request. Initiating these services, I expected our Dr to act in a one-dimensional role as a service provider. Our expectations were vastly exceeded as we not only found an excellent provider in Dr. Chuan, but also found an engaging partner and thoughtful teammate through the entire process.
Start here.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
We agreed that as we had a good number of embryo candidates to select from, and we only wanted 1 birth, that we would perform one transfer at a time. Coupled with relative motherly youth, we found success only after a couple attempts.