Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1500 W 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2 doctors
PCOS, Other
Most of the staff [Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Med] is pretty awesome. The front desk people are always super friendly and helpful. The biggest weakness I would say are the financial people. You pay for everything up front, but they don't transfer the credits to your outstanding bills. I had to call because I had an almost $9,000 past due bill while $11,000 credit sat on my account. It was frustrating.... There are some nurses who you just "click" with moreso than others. I preferred the nurses who went through stuff slowly. It's a lot to digest and process, so the ones who seemed more personally interested made for better experiences.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Most of the staff is pretty awesome. The front desk people are always super friendly and helpful. The biggest weakness I would say are the financial people. You pay for everything up front, but they don't transfer the credits to your outstanding bills. I had to call because I had an almost $9,000 past due bill while $11,000 credit sat on my account. It was frustrating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Our situation was kind of unique. I felt silly filling out paperwork and claiming to have infertility issues when we had only tried to get pregnant one time and had gotten pregnant one time. Our issue was primarily genetics and creating a healthy baby vs being able to have a baby. She was always willing to answer my questions and concerns, and she always made it a point to ask us about our daughter when we started seeing her to discuss new treatment for our last remaining embryos. Dr Von Wald has always been forthcoming with honesty regarding odds, treatment options and her recommendation, but she has never shoved that upon us.
The staff is pretty small and you see them all so often that it's nice to get to know them. There are some nurses who you just "click" with moreso than others. I preferred the nurses who went through stuff slowly. It's a lot to digest and process, so the ones who seemed more personally interested made for better experiences.
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Von Wald is a straight shooter in my experience. If you ask her a direct question, she will give you a straight answer. That can come off as not the warmest of interactions, but she does show compassion. When we were in the process of miscarriage, I actually proposed we do another round of retrieval to her. She agreed because of my good response the first time. When we didn't know how many embryos to transfer, she told us the risks and how we could make the best decision for our situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Ask the direct questions if you want the answers. She is realistic and will tell you that her goal is to get you pregnant, and keep you pregnant.
Describe the protocols Tiffany Von Wald used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did IVF with PGS testing. I believe I was on a standard IVF regimen, with birth control followed by lupron and stimulation meds for approximately 10 days. for transfer, I had birth control with lupron and estrogen and Progesterone. The first time, I don't think I was on enough progesterone so the second time I was put on suppositories as well as the shot.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They were awesome about monitoring. I lived an hour away, so would have to drive down to be monitored. They were able to schedule around most convenient times for me, which happened to be right away at 7am. It was awesome. And they had people available on Saturday for appts if needed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance covered most of the services (with the exception of the retrieval and transfer), so when we were quoted the first time out of pocket, we had to Shell out more money than the entire procedure cost. The second time, I made them factor in those costs and it was still roughly $1500 over what we ended up needing.
Describe Tiffany Von Wald's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Von Wald would always tell us they advise to transfer one to give us as many opportunities to have a success while also not producing multiples. We have opted to transfer two every time, and even after the birth of our child... We will transfer two again. She has said she agrees with our rationale. I would say that she definitely suggests the recommendation, but will adjust per situation.
Sioux Falls
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [Sanford Fertility] are Very easy to work with. They make it so easy to schedule appointments. By the 2nd visit I was greeted by my first name!! All the staff are great. They always keep you informed of delays in appointments if there are any but usually there are not. The waiting room is very nice.... [Nursing Staff] Very knowledgeable. I Always receive a call back or return message back within the hour. Love them all. Very caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They are Very easy to work with. They make it so easy to schedule appointments. By the 2nd visit I was greeted by my first name!! All the staff are great. They always keep you informed of delays in appointments if there are any but usually there are not. The waiting room is very nice.
Human!!! Very caring. Greated by name at every visit. Great communication!!
I love that she is down to earth. She understands that this is difficult, time consuming and expensive. I also travel almost 3 hours one way for appointments and she was great about doing as many things at home or scheduling things for the same day when I was seeing her. You don't get to see her every time and I'm ok with that but I knew she looked at everything even when I didn't see her.
Spend time with her, ask questions, let her know your concerns, ask every question you have, do you own research and go to her with everything
First we did 3 IUIs that resulted in 2 pregnancies, 1st ivf cycle was a long lupron cycle, 2nd was a gentle cycle without lupron and my 3rd was more of a mini ivf cycle that we did oral meds with menopause. My last 2 cycles resulted in pregnancies. Unfortunately my 4 pregnancies ended in losses due to chromosome issues which we knew would be an issue because of my age/eggs
In SD we do not have infertility coverage so the cost is significant. My insurance was billed for most of the initial testing but most is not covered. They have a billing expert right there in the office that will meet at anytime and he is great. They do not finance through the office but there are several different option for financing.
She is always willing to discuss this with me. With my IVF we did 2 3 day embryos because of my age but we discussed at length the risks and benefits of 1 vs 2
Sioux Falls
They were all great ladies [the nurses at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]...They all answered my questions I had over the phone or online. When my first results came back negative one nurse cried with me. I felt like I was family... I've never had any problems. The nurses and doctors are so thoughtful and kind. Even the receptionist knew me by name. I have seen both Dr. Von Wald and Dr. Hanson they are both amazing people and doctors. They will take the time to talk to you about anything you need.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I've gone to Sanford my whole life. I've never had any problems. The nurses and doctors are so thoughtful and kind. Even the receptionist knew me by name. I have seen both Dr. Von Wald and Dr. Hanson they are both amazing people and doctors. They will take the time to talk to you about anything you need.
Every doctor I had seen knew me by my face. They helped me understand everything that was going on, and they helped me when I found out the blood tests came back negative. I felt like family.
They were all great ladies. My very first meet with the nurses, one of them forgot that I was waiting for her to come back. I did understand that people get busy though. They all answered my questions I had over the phone or online. When my first results came back negative one nurse cried with me. I felt like I was family.
Having her as my doctor was a wonderful experience. She was very straightforward and kind. As stressful as all the doctor visits I had, and all of the injections, patches and pills, I never felt alone. I hope no-one I know will have to go through this hardship. But I would recommend her in a heartbeat.
Don't be scared. You may feel alone, but you're not. I was treated so greatly at sanford, I know you will be too!
My retrieval and first transfer went okay. I was on gonal-f, menopur, lupron at the beginning. I did have to increase my menopur once for the cycle. I took progesterone in oil shots after the transfer along with an estradiol patch. My second transfer was with progesterone in oil, and estrogen pills three times daily.
Most of it was covered under my insurance, but I needed another shot of gonal-f and that was 300 out of pocket because I maxed my prescription cost from my insurance. My second transfer was about 100 dollars all together.
My doctor said for the first transfer, they'd strongly recommend one embryo. For the second transfer they were okay with 2 embryos because they had been frozen.
Sioux Falls
The front desk lady [at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med], Stacy is awesome!! She remembers who you are even if several months have passed and is super fun to talk to. One thing I would change is making sure that there is 1 nurse or 1 doctor providing a patient information. It was frustrating when we would be told different things by different doctors/nurses.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk lady, Stacy is awesome!! She remembers who you are even if several months have passed and is super fun to talk to. One thing I would change is making sure that there is 1 nurse or 1 doctor providing a patient information. It was frustrating when we would be told different things by different doctors/nurses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Sometimes we felt as if they were trying to boost their success rate and not so much caring for each individual. We have found over time, this has gotten better and they are more empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I can say without hesitation that we had nurses we preferred over others. The ones we enjoyed had been funny, emphathetic and just plain awesome!
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
When we started fertility treatments, we did not know what to expect and unfortunately found that there were many surprises along the way that were not described to us. When we are investing a lot of time and money, we expected nothing but the best. I will say though that since we are starting IVF treatments, we have had a much more positive experience so far (we are in the early stages of this process. Dr. Hansen was empathetic and even made us laugh to ease the tension.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you are prepared with questions and do not be afraid to ask them and push for answers.
Describe the protocols Keith Hansen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did 4 rounds of IUI. The first, we took no medication. The following, my wife took Chlomid and then also a trigger shot. By rounds 3-4 we were still doing chlomid but changed to a double trigger as one of the cycles resulted in early ovulation and a delayed period by about 2 weeks
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance does not cover any portion of this so it was all out of pocket. We paid for several tests, medications and the actual procedure. I would say each round of IUI cost is around 3-4K with our first round of IVF being around 20k.
Describe Keith Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
We are gearing up for IUI and plan to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Sioux Falls
The clinic [Sanford] was very quick about getting you in on a timely manner they have a very nice and calming space it seems very private and was easily accessible for parking some weakness is may include lack of doctors lack of communication loss progress of treatments and last time spent answering questions... The nursing staff was much better than doctor Kane they would ask questions about how things are going and actually showed interests and compassion when cycles didn't work
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very quick about getting you in on a timely manner they have a very nice and calming space it seems very private and was easily accessible for parking some weakness is may include lack of doctors lack of communication loss progress of treatments and last time spent answering questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I felt like my questions were never accurately answered and I always felt rushed in-and-out of the clinic like there were so many other people that she needed to see I also was scolded on multiple occasions regarding asking questions about different medications
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Kane seemed like she had a lot of knowledge however she was not willing to share that information with us when we asked questions we felt as if my questions were brushed to the side she made a lot of jokes about the money that she made and enjoying time in her hot tub after our appointment was over she also made recurrent jokes about we might alredy be pregnant even though my husband and I knew that we weren't during our appointments she was very Blunt she told me I was overweight which I am about 5 to 10 pounds overweight she also mentioned to me that it was my fault the treatments weren't working because I wasn't fully understanding how to use the medication every time questions were asked I would felt scolded and this enabled me to switch doctors
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
If you like sarcasm and you're out of very good place with your infertility journey Christine Caine is probably very knowledgeable if you already feel like you know a lot of information and you don't have many questions she may be a great doctor for you however if you like to ask questions about small details or if you don't understand why treatments are not working she is not one to give you explanations and to sit down with you and figure out or troubleshoot a different way to provide services and help you meet that end result of holding a precious baby in your arms
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The protocol is very similar to many clinics in the US 1st she completed a medical history of both my husband and I followed by an HSG and semen analysis's from my husband labs were also taken for blood after all of this information was gathered we had a consultation to discuss the findings and our next steps we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility and our next steps are to begin medicated cycles with timed intercourse appointments were hauled from the 1st 1 to 3 days of your cycle and tell cycle days 9 through 12 where they could monitor the egg size and determine when to do the trigger shot and timed intercourse follow ups are performed after unsuccessful cycles And trouble shooting was completed through mostly questions of the patient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Most of the medicated cycles were covered by my insurance minus a small co-pay I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to required additional labs and for ever yet other time was closer to $2500 IVF was upwards of $20000
Sioux Falls
I feel they [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med] could be more aggressive with treatment, forthcoming with information and communication, and clear with clients.... Insurance paid for most of our appointments but not her office visit fees ($250ish). Our insurance does not pay for IVF...which we were quoted around $20,000.... I had a bout with pneumonia and was scheduled for a uterine polyp removal surgery. Unfortunately, the night before the surgery was cancelled by the anesthetist due to the recent pneumonia diagnosis (which I was healed from at the time).
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I feel they could be more aggressive with treatment, forthcoming with information and communication, and clear with clients. They did a good job with diagnosing but I feel we’re no further today than we were 15-months ago.
Dr. Cain was very pleasant and always answered our questions as they arose. I feel she/her office could have reached out to us more though. We were last there in October 2017 and haven’t heard from them since. I feel like once we were presented with IVF being our only option and we needed time to secure funding they completely forgot about us.
Always friendly and helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
She’s a very pleasant doctor and always answered questions in a manner that was helpful and informative. I just feel like we’ve been forgotten since our last visit. We almost always had to recount who we were and what we’d done in the past at every visit.
Keep in touch with clients more. This is a difficult road and feeling forgotten doesn’t make us too eager to come back.
We have yet to start working with a lot of medications. To date I’ve had a lot of bloodwork, a saline sonogram, a uterine polyp removal, and several visits. My husband has had two semen analyses. That’s about it
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
We only ever spoke with a financial counselor about this...not Dr. Cain.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
I would send anybody to this clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med]. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person....They were always comforting and compassionate. Made sure all of our questions were answered every visit and comfortable with the treatment.... They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I would send anybody to this clinic. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person.
All the staff were very warm and comforting. They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Schmidt)
He was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures. We had already been through a lot before going to Dr. Hansen and felt like he was the right choice for us.
Dr. Hansen truly cares for each patient.
We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI. We also switched to Clomid when starting the IUI cycles. After that resulted in no pregnancy after a couple cycles we agreed that it was best to do a diagnostic laparoscopy in which they found endometriosis. After my body healed we went back to IUI with no pregnancy after a couple more cycles they recommended moving on to IVF.
I thought the costs were reasonable. Our insurance did not cover a lot but I knew that going into treatment. I thought the price of IUI was fair.
Sioux Falls
The clinic [Sanford] is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively... Most medicated cycles were covered by my insurance as far as timed intercourse I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to additional labs and 2500 every time after IVF was 20000 and up
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Stephanie doll was much more caring and compassionate she spoke to my husband and I with general care and concern and seemed as if she wanted us to have a successful cycle
The nursing staff was kind quick and efficient they were able to answer questions via online systems fairly efficiently
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Stephanie was the 1st doctor to really sit down with us and assess our situation in a way that we weren't even sure we were able to experience she explained a new medication and looked into our insurance helping us understand how this medication could help and that is covered by our insurance
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Dahl is very understanding and compassionate she is kind and easy to speak with I would highly recommend her
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Most treatment protocols were similar to my experience with another doctor at the same hospital at this point she just reviewed my medications last and discussed any changes that we are comfortable way she also identified some changes to our medical intervention and next steps if this was unsuccessful
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Stephanie Dahl
2011 - 2017
They [the nurses at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] are knowledgeable, kind, and answered any questions I had...Everyone working at the clinic had great empathy. They are kind, compassionate and excited for you when you do conceive. I was always very comfortable with everyone working there, from the front desk, to the ultrasound tech, to the nurses and the doctors.
2011 - 2017
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He was willing to discuss treatment with me at length, and answer all questions. His office also responded quickly to email questions.
They are knowledgeable, kind, and answered any questions I had.
How was your experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Christensen has a kind of quirky personality. He tends to give you all the information, and yet is still able to be lighthearted with you. The only thing he ever did that bothered me was an offhand remark about having two kids in one bedroom when we were first trying for our second baby. But other than that, he was a really great guy.
Describe the protocols Steffen Christensen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
With our first child we use Clomid and a trigger shot and was pregnant with the first cycle. With our second child we did Clomid for 3 months, my body didn't respond to it. So he switched me to Femara and the trigger shot. We got pregnant on our fourth cycle, which was the first with Femara. For third baby we tried Femara, my body didn't respond and so he gave me a second round of Femara within that cycle. My body ended up ovulating on its own, but having sensed that my husband and I were together and it resulted in a pregnancy.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The strengths of the clinic [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med] are great, kind, compassionate staff. The response time with questions is amazing! The nurses are very knowledgeable and the IVF coordinator is super compassionate...The biggest weakness of the clinic is cost....We paid $15,000 for one IVF cycle and another $5,000 for FET.... The nurses are super efficient! They are very compassionate and answer mychart messages almost instantly!
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths of the clinic are great, kind, compassionate staff. The response time with questions is amazing! The nurses are very knowledgeable and the IVF coordinator is super compassionate. Doses of medications are adjusted throughout the IVF cycle to help yield the most amount of eggs. The biggest weakness of the clinic is cost. An IVF cycle is very expensive and we found not afford to do a second retrieval
Dr Christensen is very down to earth, kind, compassionate and does whatever he can to help get you pregnant
The nurses are super efficient! They are very compassionate and answer mychart messages almost instantly! They also help with medications if you are running short. I was donated samples during my cycle and it was so helpful
Dr Christensen spends real quality time with his patients. He sees you after every ultrasound to go through the results and let’s you know any adjustments to your medications and care right away. He answers all questions thoroughly
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Be expected to love your doctor! He is so kind, funny, and willing to do whatever he can to help you
I used Gonal-F, Menopur and Ganirelix throughout my IVF cycle. Doses were adjusted numerous times to try and help with the number of eggs being made
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
We paid $15,000 for one IVF cycle and another $5,000 for FET. The costs were high
Describe Steffen Christensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Doctors will leave it up to the patient to transfer 1 or 2 embryos
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [Sanford Fertility] is very friendly, efficient, and easy to work with. A few things that I would say our the weaknesses were they don't always read the charts before meeting with the patient. I had to multiple times remind them of my history and remind them of the protocol that we were using.... We paid for 1 round of IVF with ICSI, all of the testing, monitoring, and medication and it was around $23,000.... I got frustrated that I had to keep correcting my protocol with them or the fact that I only have 1 ovary.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very friendly, efficient, and easy to work with. A few things that I would say our the weaknesses were they don't always read the charts before meeting with the patient. I had to multiple times remind them of my history and remind them of the protocol that we were using.
He took time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions without it seeming like a chore.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I loved how honest Dr. HANSEN was. He took time to explain what was and going to happen. Even if he didn't know an answer he tried to find an answer. He made me safe and with 3 surgeries done with him not including the fallopian test and multiple ultrasounds. He always stayed up beat and positive which kept my spirits up.
It's ok to ask questions. He will answer them and make sure you are comfortable.
We did a lower dose IVF with one ovary and PCOs he did not want to over stimulate. No birth control was used. It yeilded 7 eggs. 5 embroyos, 2 transferred and the remaining died before freezing. It was a negative pregnancy test.
They would at most transfer 2 for my age.
2013 - 2017
This [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
This is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
After a retrieval, I wished he would have come talk to me (and not just my husband) to let me know how it had gone.
Dr. Hansen is very knowledgeable, and definitely has a lot of experience. Overall, I think he is good at what he does. But he didn't seem to want to think outside the box for our situation. To a certain extent, I think he was trying to protect us financially, but we wanted a child more than anything and were willing to pay for it.
Be ready for the rollercoaster that is ART.
Sioux Falls
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.... The total amount for IVF was about $20,000... Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.
Doctor VonWald was always so caring and went over the entire process into detail with me. She answered any questions I had and made my feel at ease and give me hope. I wasn't just a number-I was a person that she truly cared about helping.
They were so caring and helpful!
Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was. If something didn't go how originally planned, a new plan was set in place. I felt like I was in good hands that cared about our end goal-having a baby.
Anyone going through infertility, I always tell them that it is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and to always have a person to be able to vent to or get emotions off your chest with.
She watched closely over the dosage of shots to stimulate my ovaries. They took a while to respond, so dosages were increased and lots of ultrasounds were done to make sure I didn't overstimulate
The total amount for IVF was about $20,000
My embryos were in great quality and she recommended just transferring one embryo.
Sioux Falls
Very nice interior in the office [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med]. I wish I went to them first instead of going through the ob doctor in grand forks and doing all sort of tests to check on our fertility. They are the only clinic that handles reproductive health in North Dakota and being the only one they are still really good at getting you in... They were quick to setup my appointments and a nurse practitioner did the iui.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Very nice interior in the office. I wish I went to them first instead of going through the ob doctor in grand forks and doing all sort of tests to check on our fertility. They are the only clinic that handles reproductive health in North Dakota and being the only one they are still really good at getting you in.
They were quick to setup my appointments and a nurse practitioner did the iui.
He is Friendly and knowledgeable and am very happy that I got twins on my first try. Just saw him in person once and over video conference twice. It was great since we live 4 hours away so it was great to do the video conference.
Understand what your insurance covers and does not cover is very helpful to know since you do get a lot of bills.
On day 2 I had an ultrasound then on day 3 of my period I started a drug called letrozole for 5 days. Then I had an ultrasound 2 weeks later then I took a shot of ovidrel and then I had an IUI and 2 weeks later I was pregnant from a home test then got it confirmed at a local clinic.
$2500
2013 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
[Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine is] Clean and inviting. They request that children not come to appointments out of respect to other patients. That says a lot to me about how much they care for their patients. They greet you with a smile. The one thing I don't like is the clinic is located next to a busier street so you have little privacy when walking into the building.... Caring, compassionate. Exceptional people.
2013 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
Answered questions. Seems genuine
Caring, compassionate. Exceptional people.
Kind, compassionate. He didn't care that you may be a little above your bmi. He spends time with you. Fully explains processes. Makes you feel hope again which is extremely important during this difficult time in your life. He travels 3 hours to my town and doesn't make you feel like a burden.
Be open. Don't hold back with your questions and concerns.
Sioux Falls
The clinic [Sanford] was nice and clean and had a nice homey feel. The staff was super nice and friendly. They are open to anwering questions and they call you back in a timely manner. For a weakness a downfall would ne that they do not work with any organizations that i know of to help patients get funding...Just some struggles with husbands prescriptions getting lots and not knowing where his meds went
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was nice and clean and had a nice homey feel. The staff was super nice and friendly. They are open to anwering questions and they call you back in a timely manner. For a weakness a downfall would ne that they do not work with any organizations that i know of to help patients get funding.
I feel like she cares as a person. But we do not have any fertile coverage so I feel like they just set us aside a little bit
They were empathic
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
She is a very kind person and you can tell that she cares. Dr cain exaplain how i will hit menopose early and there is no real reason as to why. She sat down at table with us and disussed all our options. The nurses have been very kind as well with asking question through mychart But if dont have the fertility coverage or lots of money you get lost in the bunch
Be precentant and don't be afraid to ask questions
Everything was out of pocket
Sioux Falls
Clinic [Sanford] employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them....Nursing staff was kind, informational, answered all our questions. The nursing staff knew what they were doing and talking about....She [Dr. Von Wald] explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them.
She explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next. Asked us if we had questions. She answered our questions. She was a nice, kind doctor. She knew what she was talking about and doing.
Her strengths were she explained everything in an a way we could understand. She knew the answers to ou r questions. She explained everything in detail. She answered all our questions. She didn't have any weaknesses.
Normal price
Sioux Falls
The clinics [Sanford] strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends...nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinics strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends.
Carefully explained everything with us. didn't treat us like just another patient.
nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
He was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed.
Just ask questions, they will answer them.
Just basic Ivf procedures. Medications didnt get adjusted. My body was doing what it was suppose to.
Normal cost,
Sioux Falls
Ease of making appointments. Pretty flexible with appointments. All people [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] show great compassion. People start to get to know you by name. Get stopped in the hall for small chat. Everything is very thorough.... [Cost Of Treatment] IUI-$2,000-2,500 each cycle, meds depending. IVF-$17,000-20,000, meds depending.... [Nursing Staff] All very kind and helpful.... Remembers life events
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Ease of making appointments. Pretty flexible with appointments. All people show great compassion. People start to get to know you by name. Get stopped in the hall for small chat. Everything is very thorough.
Remembers life events
All very kind and helpful.
Very patient, explains things well. Gave us all options available, went over pros and cons of each. Gave her full recommendation as to what to try first and to do next. Ensures that we know all the steps that will be taken.
Just know it’s going to be a bit of information overload.
Each cycle we would up the dosage depending on how last cycle went. She made sure I was feeling fine with the drugs.
She suggests 1 is 2 depending on how many fertilized embryos we can get.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med] was very nice and very clean. The atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed. All the staff were helpful and kind. They really make you feel welcome. It was easy to find. I have no negative thoughts or feelings about the clinic. I got my daughter because of this place!!!... She [Dr. Stephanie Dahl] was amazing very understanding. Listened to my thoughts explained the whole process step by step. Would return my calls right away. Made me feel comfortable. Explained the risks told me the good and the bad of everything. She was very forthright with me and my husband
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very nice and very clean. The atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed. All the staff were helpful and kind. They really make you feel welcome. It was easy to find. I have no negative thoughts or feelings about the clinic. I got my daughter because of this place!!!
She treated me like a person. Spoke to me and made sure i understood the whole process.
Very helpful and caring
She was amazing very understanding. Listened to my thoughts explained the whole process step by step. Would return my calls right away. Made me feel comfortable. Explained the risks told me the good and the bad of everything. She was very forthright with me and my husband.
Be open ask the tough questions
We spent 3500.