Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1500 W 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

6.8

2 doctors
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic [Sanford Fertility And Reproductive Med] is family! Its a small clinic, and the number of nurses, doctors, and staff that you see is limited - so they know you. They are there with you along this journey. The clinic has all the supplementary support you need through the process. Nurses who help get in touch with the right mail-order pharmacies. Financial adviser who explains every charge and provides documentation before any of the process begins, as well as suggests programs to assist with the costs of infertility treatments.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is family! Its a small clinic, and the number of nurses, doctors, and staff that you see is limited - so they know you. They are there with you along this journey. The clinic has all the supplementary support you need through the process. Nurses who help get in touch with the right mail-order pharmacies. Financial adviser who explains every charge and provides documentation before any of the process begins, as well as suggests programs to assist with the costs of infertility treatments. A genetic counselor who can discuss the pro/cons and results of PGS or PGD. They even can coordinate on site acupuncture services if you elect to do so. All the people you don't realize you need when you begin your infertility journey - they're all here conveniently waiting to help and guide you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Every time we met with Dr. Christensen, he would spend the first few times chatting about our jobs (which he remembered exactly what we do), or spend time casually talking about how I was doing emotionally with the process. He genuinely cared that I stayed stress free (as much as possible) and relaxed, offered suggestions, or joked with my husband about taking me out to a nice dinner. He spent the extra time to care about my mental health throughout the entire process and not just the medical procedures.
As you progress in the process, you only work with a handful of nurses (2-3), and each was just as caring and compassionate as the next. They took every concern with great care, and made sure to be prompt in answer any questions, or assisting with the process. Nearly every Dr. visit was followed up with written instructions from the nurse to ensure that you had all your instructions. They also set up majority of the appointments for you on your behalf based upon the Dr.'s timeline.
How was your experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Christensen's greatest strength is how personable he is. The whole infertility process was new for us, i.e. our first cycle/doctor/appointments. He took the time every appointment to thoroughly explain what was going to happen, what we should expect, what typical results would be, and how they would deal with atypical results. This was evident in the appointments up to and including the egg retrieval. Dr. Christensen did a walk through of how the egg retrieval day would go several appointments prior. Then a two days prior, he covered it again with specific attention to how my follicles were progressing, how long they anticipated the appointment to take, and how many eggs they hoped for. He has adjusted my medications to lower amounts to focus on egg quality versus quantity, and told us they hoped to retrieve 5-15 eggs. Day of retrieval, Dr. Christensen met with us before heading to the procedure room, made sure we were ready, asked about any more questions, and seemed just as happy for us to have made it to this day as we were. The procedure (before I fell asleep) was professional and scripted, and Dr. Christensen checked on me frequently. It was very reassuring as the nurses prepped the room. As soon as the procedure was over/I awoke, Dr. Christensen was there, big smile on his face to tell me they had retrieved 23 eggs. But, he also cautioned and took proactive measure to help prevent OHSS as he suspected based on the number I may struggle with it (I did, but not nearly as bad because of the extra care and proactive medications he prescribed). This was the level of care, attention, and investment Dr. Christensen showed throughout our treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Do not be afraid to ask the blunt questions - he's okay to see you cry. He can handle dealing with hormonal/emotional type questions. Don't downplay if you are experiencing mood swings, he's very sensitive to how you react to various medications, and wants to minimize the unnecessary effects as much as possible.
Describe the protocols Steffen Christensen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our overall plan was to first try 3 or so rounds of IUI, and if they were unsuccessful, then to discuss further options. During the IUI cycles, Dr. Christensen chose to use Femara, as in his experience it had better results with PCOS patients. After 2 unsuccessful IUI cycles, Dr. Christensen was the first to suggest our efforts would be better spent exploring IVF than to continue with unsuccessful IUIs. He used how I reacted to the medications during the IUI to predict which IVF medications and dosages to use. He elected to use 150 units of Menopur and 150 units of Gonal F for the IVF cycle. Being I was growing more than 20 follicles, he lowered the Gonal F to 75 units mid cycle to lessen the number of follicles producing eggs. He explained over crowding can cause lower quality eggs, and quality was better than quantity. He prescribed Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, and a Lupron and HCG trigger. Results were 23 eggs retrieved. 18 mature. 14 fertilized through ICSI (due to male factor low mobility) and frozen. We elected to do PGS (our choice, no pressure from the clinic or Dr. Christensen), and 5 tested normal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
2018 Projected Costs (All provided up front to every patient prior to care) Trial Transfer - $566 Cycle Monitoring - $3921 Egg Aspiration with ICSI - $6622 Freezing of Embryos (up to 4) - $1995 Thaw & Transfer of Embryo - $4126 Post IVF Cycle - $442 Additional Embryo Freeze - $200 each PGS (14 embryos) - $3800
Describe Steffen Christensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
We elected to do a single transfer for a number of reasons. First, my age and health were big indicators to contribute to a healthy pregnancy, as well as no previous miscarriages. Second, the embryo physical grade and genetic results indicated high quality. Lastly, the trial transfer was very successful and no problems for actual transfer were anticipated. Dr. Christensen felt that a transfer of multiple would result in a multiples pregnancy. He was very concerned about the health of the pregnancy as well as the health of the mother, and urged us to transfer a single embryo. We agreed.
Steffen Christensen
Sioux Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
I had really horrible experinces with the US techs and a couple nurses [at Sanford Fertility]. One nurse in particular, Mandy, is so terrible. Through my miscarriages/ectopic she was very demeaning, cold and belittled my concerns. She treated me as if I was an annoyance. She didn't acknowledge my pregnancies as such because I was so early (4-5 wks). She never gave me time to ask questions on the phone. She would reply to my messages to Dr. VonWald without even consulting her. US techs are cold. They very casually tell me they see nothing in my uterus when I had be trialing for weeks with positive preg tests and fluctauing hcg levels... that is sensitive info to divulge so carelessly to which I sobbed with no compassion on their part.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They are pretty flexible at getting you in for US and testing. They were not very timely with results, appt times, etc... Also, several times O was waiting on the waiting room there were children. I know it is maybe not realistic, but man would it be nice to not have to stare at a child when you are about to find out you miscarried.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Tiffany is smart and kind, but we have only met with her twice in tje year we have been there. The rest of the staff is very rude (Mandy, RN), cold and demeaning (with the exception of Shanna Kontz--she is great). I never felt like anyone does any extra digging to uncover my specific cycle trends, ovulation, hormone patterns, etc. I also feel as though I have to advocate for myself/husband a lot because they are terrible at keeping you updated and addressing questions.
I had really horrible experinces with the US techs and a couple nurses. One nurse in particular, Mandy, is so terrible. Through my miscarriages/ectopic she was very demeaning, cold and belittled my concerns. She treated me as if I was an annoyance. She didn't acknowledge my pregnancies as such because I was so early (4-5 wks). She never gave me time to ask questions on the phone. She would reply to my messages to Dr. VonWald without even consulting her. US techs are cold. They very casually tell me they see nothing in my uterus when I had be trialing for weeks with positive preg tests and fluctauing hcg levels... that is sensitive info to divulge so carelessly to which I sobbed with no compassion on their part.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Tiffany is very smart, but doesn't break things down well for non medical people. She doesn't have the absolute warmest bedside manner. I struggled to feel as though she was as invested in my journey as I was. Though maybe not intentional I always felt like a number. My husband and I have seen Tiffany in clinic (over the year we have undergone treatment) twice (once because I semi demanded to)... it gets frustrating always seeing NPs and hearing back from nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Be a self advocate. Do not be afraid to ask questions/seek clarification (not matter how annoying you think you are being) and demand good service and communication.
Describe the protocols Tiffany Von Wald used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid or letrazole day 3 through 7. Menopur day 9. US and trigger shot. IUI day after.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance on covered some diagnostic testing. So all genetic testing, intra cycle ultrasounds, medication (oral and injectables), copays for each an every visit and all ART procedures were out of pocket. The have a finance guy, Tyler, who was EXTREMELY unhelpful. I am still not exactly sure what his job is as he didn't help us with understand our insirance coverage or working with our insurance.
Sioux Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
This clinic [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med] is amazing From the front desk to the lab. One of the ladies that checks you in always calls you by your name and ask how everything is going. They take you back with in a timely manner. I can't say enough good things about this team... Dr. Vonwalds nurse was so very nice! She answered all our questions and took us to other appointments we needed to be at. She Always had a smile on her face and responds to portal messages quickly. She also loved the green bay packers and she talked to us about our game coming up that weekend.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is amazing From the front desk to the lab. One of the ladies that checks you in always calls you by your name and ask how everything is going. They take you back with in a timely manner. I can't say enough good things about this team. Each one has been apart of my journey and when I finally get to hold my miracle I can thank them. They all work as one big team.
When we first went to see Dr.Vonwald I was so nervous. Could I have kids could I not have kids. Can we even afford these treatments. We were taken back by her nurse and she had the biggest welcoming smile. After we got checked in it was time to meet Dr.Vonwald. She walked in the door and immediately introduced herself to my husband and I. She had asked me about my history she did not interrupt me when I was telling my story instead she was making eye contact with me. Some doctors type and take notes and all she seemed to do was listen. Then she went through the history she knew about me. The reason she made me feel human is because she listened and cared about my feelings and my thoughts. With her being a fertility doctor it isn't your favorite doctor to see but, I love the days I get to see her. She makes me feel like I can do this and have faith in myself.
Dr.Vonwald is one of the nicest doctors I have met. She is so kind and caring and really looks out for your wellbeing. We recently went in for a regroup with her and she didn't say you need to lose weight for this to work She asked what she could do to help. I was so happy she asked to help and it showed she really cared about me and wants it to work. During our first round she explained everything every step and what would happen we even knew what to do after two failed rounds. My husband is traveling for work and he expressed his concern to her and she replied I will do what I can to make her ovulate when you are home. She went way out of her way for us to me that was the best feeling. She is always fighting for her patients.
Go in with an open mind you are in the best care possible and she wants to see you succeed. Ask Questions take a note book in like I did you will get a lot of information. Really listen to what she has to say.
She used letrozole with a steroid because of my thin lining and a trigger shot. Second round she used the letrozole with a steroid three shots of Menopur trigger shot and progesterone pills.
Lab work, Ultra sound, Pharmacy, HSG, office cost

1 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Unexplained
The care and treatment areas are top notch [at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Med]. Clean facilities, have a nice workflow through appointments. Weakness: billing!! Very confusing and not able to really produce a statement of where my money had gone. My insurance was paying for some services and I met my deductible, but my self pay part did not adjust accordingly. Did. It make sense to me that i had to pay all of the cost up front, but then in addition had to pay to meet my deductible
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The care and treatment areas are top notch. Clean facilities, have a nice workflow through appointments. Weakness: billing!! Very confusing and not able to really produce a statement of where my money had gone. My insurance was paying for some services and I met my deductible, but my self pay part did not adjust accordingly. Did. It make sense to me that i had to pay all of the cost up front, but then in addition had to pay to meet my deductible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Very kind and caring, spent time with us and answered our questions
Excellent nursing staff!! Very prompt in answering my questions and calling with results.
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I really liked Dr Hansen and enjoyed seeing him. He takes his time and answers questions. He is very knowledgeable. My biggest complaint is you rarely see the doctors at this clinic, you usually see the mid levels who are very nice and also do a good job.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared for you appointments. Do your research, and ask questions about your treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Keith Hansen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The first cycle was long Lupron cycle which was a complete bust. I had one egg retrieved with was found to be abnormal with pGS testing. They felt that the birth control prior to starting meds may have contributed to the outcome. My second cycle was a antagonist with growth hormone. Although it I did not respond well to this either we did have 5 eggs retrieved and fertilized with icsi. We were very anxious that only one of those eggs tested normal but we were able to proceed with transfer! We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have had a successful transfer, a healthy pregnancy and a perfect baby boy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Majority of services were self pay
Describe Keith Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Prior to starting the process the clinic was pretty clear that they encourage single embryo transfer
Sioux Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
My clinic [Sanford- Sioux Falls] is very small and I had a lot of the same nurses all the time even though I was not assigned one specifically. I feel that they make every patient feel special and cared for. They learn names quickly and seem to become invested in their lives and interests. Thoughout our time there there has been many more downs there have been ups and I have no doubt that they feel the pain of their patients and are cheering them on in the background
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a separate building away from the hospital so it offers a lot of privacy. One thing that I do appreciate is they have a sign on the door asking patients not to bring children. They know this is an emotional experience for us and babies and small children may be hard for some patients to see while they are there.. the staff at Sanford in Fargo is also great. In the two years I have been going there I have seen little to zero turn over. Honestly I do not have to many things to say about weaknesses minus the cost. I feel like what they charge is above the average but being in North Dakota we do not have to many other options unless we want to travel. They do however offer some financing programs for patients. I believe this is a relatively new offering there so I did have to ask a lot of questions to get clarity on exactly what is covered under the loan company and what I am responsible for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
With my clinic there are 3 doctors you can see during your fertility treatments but my personality meshed the best with dr Cain. She is a very compassionate yet straight to the point lady which I appreciate. This is a very emotional experience and I found some other doctors mad me more emotional which I didn’t necessarily like since I like to show my emotions in private. Dr Cain is very straight to the point and answers and explains any questions that we have. I feel like she genuinely cares and will do anything to help her patients yet she doesn’t cross any emotional boundaries.
My clinic is very small and I had a lot of the same nurses all the time even though I was not assigned one specifically. I feel that they make every patient feel special and cared for. They learn names quickly and seem to become invested in their lives and interests. Thoughout our time there there has been many more downs there have been ups and I have no doubt that they feel the pain of their patients and are cheering them on in the background
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
With my clinic there are 3 doctors you can see during your fertility treatments but my personality meshed the best with dr Cain. She is a very compassionate yet straight to the point lady which I appreciate. This is a very emotional experience and I found some other doctors made me more emotional which I didn’t necessarily like since I like to show my emotions in private. Dr Cain is very straight to the point and answers and explains any questions that we have. I feel like she genuinely cares and will do anything to help her patients yet she doesn’t cross any emotional boundaries. I do understand how some people may choose another doctor at my clinic if they want someone more “warm and fuzzy”. Don’t get my wrong DR Cain is extremely compassionate and I truly feel like she is invested in us and She is definitely my style of doctor but may not be the first choice for others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
She will speak to you as an equal so if you do not understand anything or have questions on certain terms or procedures please ask. She is very good at explaining any questions that we have bc there were times we did not understand terminology, medicine, or what the next steps were.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I do not remember specifics with regards to the exact dosages and medicine. What I do know is that my clinic keeps a very close eye on me and my levels. I never felt like I was not being cared for or monitored. They do recommend accupuncture during your IVF transfer and she was very willing to research the specifics behind it for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I cannot recall the exact cost of the iui procedures because they were covered under insurance at that time. For our IVF cycle I believe not including medicine it was around 20k for an egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers.
Kristen Cain
Sioux Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

They were all great ladies [the nurses at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]...They all answered my questions I had over the phone or online. When my first results came back negative one nurse cried with me. I felt like I was family... I've never had any problems. The nurses and doctors are so thoughtful and kind. Even the receptionist knew me by name. I have seen both Dr. Von Wald and Dr. Hanson they are both amazing people and doctors. They will take the time to talk to you about anything you need.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I've gone to Sanford my whole life. I've never had any problems. The nurses and doctors are so thoughtful and kind. Even the receptionist knew me by name. I have seen both Dr. Von Wald and Dr. Hanson they are both amazing people and doctors. They will take the time to talk to you about anything you need.
Every doctor I had seen knew me by my face. They helped me understand everything that was going on, and they helped me when I found out the blood tests came back negative. I felt like family.
They were all great ladies. My very first meet with the nurses, one of them forgot that I was waiting for her to come back. I did understand that people get busy though. They all answered my questions I had over the phone or online. When my first results came back negative one nurse cried with me. I felt like I was family.
Having her as my doctor was a wonderful experience. She was very straightforward and kind. As stressful as all the doctor visits I had, and all of the injections, patches and pills, I never felt alone. I hope no-one I know will have to go through this hardship. But I would recommend her in a heartbeat.
Don't be scared. You may feel alone, but you're not. I was treated so greatly at sanford, I know you will be too!
My retrieval and first transfer went okay. I was on gonal-f, menopur, lupron at the beginning. I did have to increase my menopur once for the cycle. I took progesterone in oil shots after the transfer along with an estradiol patch. My second transfer was with progesterone in oil, and estrogen pills three times daily.
Most of it was covered under my insurance, but I needed another shot of gonal-f and that was 300 out of pocket because I maxed my prescription cost from my insurance. My second transfer was about 100 dollars all together.
Describe Tiffany Von Wald's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor said for the first transfer, they'd strongly recommend one embryo. For the second transfer they were okay with 2 embryos because they had been frozen.

PCOS, Other
Most of the staff [Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Med] is pretty awesome. The front desk people are always super friendly and helpful. The biggest weakness I would say are the financial people. You pay for everything up front, but they don't transfer the credits to your outstanding bills. I had to call because I had an almost $9,000 past due bill while $11,000 credit sat on my account. It was frustrating.... There are some nurses who you just "click" with moreso than others. I preferred the nurses who went through stuff slowly. It's a lot to digest and process, so the ones who seemed more personally interested made for better experiences.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Most of the staff is pretty awesome. The front desk people are always super friendly and helpful. The biggest weakness I would say are the financial people. You pay for everything up front, but they don't transfer the credits to your outstanding bills. I had to call because I had an almost $9,000 past due bill while $11,000 credit sat on my account. It was frustrating.
Our situation was kind of unique. I felt silly filling out paperwork and claiming to have infertility issues when we had only tried to get pregnant one time and had gotten pregnant one time. Our issue was primarily genetics and creating a healthy baby vs being able to have a baby. She was always willing to answer my questions and concerns, and she always made it a point to ask us about our daughter when we started seeing her to discuss new treatment for our last remaining embryos. Dr Von Wald has always been forthcoming with honesty regarding odds, treatment options and her recommendation, but she has never shoved that upon us.
The staff is pretty small and you see them all so often that it's nice to get to know them. There are some nurses who you just "click" with moreso than others. I preferred the nurses who went through stuff slowly. It's a lot to digest and process, so the ones who seemed more personally interested made for better experiences.
Dr Von Wald is a straight shooter in my experience. If you ask her a direct question, she will give you a straight answer. That can come off as not the warmest of interactions, but she does show compassion. When we were in the process of miscarriage, I actually proposed we do another round of retrieval to her. She agreed because of my good response the first time. When we didn't know how many embryos to transfer, she told us the risks and how we could make the best decision for our situation.
Ask the direct questions if you want the answers. She is realistic and will tell you that her goal is to get you pregnant, and keep you pregnant.
We did IVF with PGS testing. I believe I was on a standard IVF regimen, with birth control followed by lupron and stimulation meds for approximately 10 days. for transfer, I had birth control with lupron and estrogen and Progesterone. The first time, I don't think I was on enough progesterone so the second time I was put on suppositories as well as the shot.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They were awesome about monitoring. I lived an hour away, so would have to drive down to be monitored. They were able to schedule around most convenient times for me, which happened to be right away at 7am. It was awesome. And they had people available on Saturday for appts if needed
Our insurance covered most of the services (with the exception of the retrieval and transfer), so when we were quoted the first time out of pocket, we had to Shell out more money than the entire procedure cost. The second time, I made them factor in those costs and it was still roughly $1500 over what we ended up needing.
Von Wald would always tell us they advise to transfer one to give us as many opportunities to have a success while also not producing multiples. We have opted to transfer two every time, and even after the birth of our child... We will transfer two again. She has said she agrees with our rationale. I would say that she definitely suggests the recommendation, but will adjust per situation.
Sioux Falls

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [Sanford Fertility] are Very easy to work with. They make it so easy to schedule appointments. By the 2nd visit I was greeted by my first name!! All the staff are great. They always keep you informed of delays in appointments if there are any but usually there are not. The waiting room is very nice.... [Nursing Staff] Very knowledgeable. I Always receive a call back or return message back within the hour. Love them all. Very caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They are Very easy to work with. They make it so easy to schedule appointments. By the 2nd visit I was greeted by my first name!! All the staff are great. They always keep you informed of delays in appointments if there are any but usually there are not. The waiting room is very nice.
Human!!! Very caring. Greated by name at every visit. Great communication!!
I love that she is down to earth. She understands that this is difficult, time consuming and expensive. I also travel almost 3 hours one way for appointments and she was great about doing as many things at home or scheduling things for the same day when I was seeing her. You don't get to see her every time and I'm ok with that but I knew she looked at everything even when I didn't see her.
Spend time with her, ask questions, let her know your concerns, ask every question you have, do you own research and go to her with everything
First we did 3 IUIs that resulted in 2 pregnancies, 1st ivf cycle was a long lupron cycle, 2nd was a gentle cycle without lupron and my 3rd was more of a mini ivf cycle that we did oral meds with menopause. My last 2 cycles resulted in pregnancies. Unfortunately my 4 pregnancies ended in losses due to chromosome issues which we knew would be an issue because of my age/eggs
In SD we do not have infertility coverage so the cost is significant. My insurance was billed for most of the initial testing but most is not covered. They have a billing expert right there in the office that will meet at anytime and he is great. They do not finance through the office but there are several different option for financing.
She is always willing to discuss this with me. With my IVF we did 2 3 day embryos because of my age but we discussed at length the risks and benefits of 1 vs 2
Sioux Falls

The front desk lady [at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med], Stacy is awesome!! She remembers who you are even if several months have passed and is super fun to talk to. One thing I would change is making sure that there is 1 nurse or 1 doctor providing a patient information. It was frustrating when we would be told different things by different doctors/nurses.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk lady, Stacy is awesome!! She remembers who you are even if several months have passed and is super fun to talk to. One thing I would change is making sure that there is 1 nurse or 1 doctor providing a patient information. It was frustrating when we would be told different things by different doctors/nurses.
Sometimes we felt as if they were trying to boost their success rate and not so much caring for each individual. We have found over time, this has gotten better and they are more empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
I can say without hesitation that we had nurses we preferred over others. The ones we enjoyed had been funny, emphathetic and just plain awesome!
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
When we started fertility treatments, we did not know what to expect and unfortunately found that there were many surprises along the way that were not described to us. When we are investing a lot of time and money, we expected nothing but the best. I will say though that since we are starting IVF treatments, we have had a much more positive experience so far (we are in the early stages of this process. Dr. Hansen was empathetic and even made us laugh to ease the tension.
Make sure you are prepared with questions and do not be afraid to ask them and push for answers.
We did 4 rounds of IUI. The first, we took no medication. The following, my wife took Chlomid and then also a trigger shot. By rounds 3-4 we were still doing chlomid but changed to a double trigger as one of the cycles resulted in early ovulation and a delayed period by about 2 weeks
Our insurance does not cover any portion of this so it was all out of pocket. We paid for several tests, medications and the actual procedure. I would say each round of IUI cost is around 3-4K with our first round of IVF being around 20k.
We are gearing up for IUI and plan to do a multiple embryo transfer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Sometimes I found the nursing staff [at Sanford] to be uninformed and not instill very much confidence. At other times I found them helpful - but they are usually very responsive at least...The clinic is pushing through a lot of patients and this seems to lead to staff not really knowing your case very well from one appointment to the next...The clinic's default is to have a CNP make treatment decisions. And I often felt as though my treatment plan was forgotten from one appointment to the next.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It is very difficult to actually get Dr. Von Wald's advice or recommendation. The clinic's default is to have a CNP make treatment decisions. And I often felt as though my treatment plan was forgotten from one appointment to the next. However, I did appreciate a call on a Saturday from Dr. Von Wald changing the course of treatment from what the CNP had directed. She was only reviewing my plan because I had an appointment booked with her for the following week. So I learned that it was very important to be proactive and demand meetings with her.
Sometimes I found the nursing staff to be uninformed and not instill very much confidence. At other times I found them helpful - but they are usually very responsive at least. I just had to push back to make sure they'd checked with Dr. Von Wald when they provided advice.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I was happy with my meetings with Dr. Von Wald but recognized that she is extremely busy and that she probably wasn't as involved with my course of treatment as I would have liked. I chose her, not the NPs, but unfortunately I usually dealt with the NPs. She also had very little to offer me in the way of treatment and explanation of recurrent pregnancy loss. I don't think this is her specialty. Although she is busy, she never rushed me through my discussions with her and welcomed most of my questions. She was somewhat dismissive of a couple of concerns I had, such as about MTHFR. But ultimately she agreed to test me for it.
Know that she is extremely smart and you can trust her, but that you may not be able to deal with her as often as you expect. And you will need to push back if you are doubting the advice you get from Angie or Shanna, and request that they confirm with Dr. Von Wald.
She prescribed Letrozole at the lowest dose for the first cycle without results. So in the second cycle she doubled the dose and added a trigger shot. This did not lead to pregnancy. In the third cycle, she took the same approach to the Letrozole but recommended an earlier ultrasound and subsequent trigger shot. This protocol resulted in pregnancy but ended shortly thereafter as a chemical pregnancy.
I paid for the medications, visits, and procedures and the clinic ran everything through insurance.
Sioux Falls

I feel they [Sanford Repro Med] could be more aggressive with treatment, forthcoming with information and communication, and clear with clients.... Insurance paid for most of our appointments but not her office visit fees ($250ish). Our insurance does not pay for IVF...which we were quoted around $20,000.... I had a bout with pneumonia and was scheduled for a uterine polyp removal surgery. Unfortunately, the night before the surgery was cancelled by the anesthetist due to the recent pneumonia diagnosis (which I was healed from at the time).
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I feel they could be more aggressive with treatment, forthcoming with information and communication, and clear with clients. They did a good job with diagnosing but I feel we’re no further today than we were 15-months ago.
Dr. Cain was very pleasant and always answered our questions as they arose. I feel she/her office could have reached out to us more though. We were last there in October 2017 and haven’t heard from them since. I feel like once we were presented with IVF being our only option and we needed time to secure funding they completely forgot about us.
Always friendly and helpful.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
She’s a very pleasant doctor and always answered questions in a manner that was helpful and informative. I just feel like we’ve been forgotten since our last visit. We almost always had to recount who we were and what we’d done in the past at every visit.
Keep in touch with clients more. This is a difficult road and feeling forgotten doesn’t make us too eager to come back.
We have yet to start working with a lot of medications. To date I’ve had a lot of bloodwork, a saline sonogram, a uterine polyp removal, and several visits. My husband has had two semen analyses. That’s about it
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
We only ever spoke with a financial counselor about this...not Dr. Cain.
Kristen Cain

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
I would send anybody to this clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med]. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person....They were always comforting and compassionate. Made sure all of our questions were answered every visit and comfortable with the treatment.... They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I would send anybody to this clinic. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person.
All the staff were very warm and comforting. They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Schmidt)
He was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures. We had already been through a lot before going to Dr. Hansen and felt like he was the right choice for us.
Dr. Hansen truly cares for each patient.
We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI. We also switched to Clomid when starting the IUI cycles. After that resulted in no pregnancy after a couple cycles we agreed that it was best to do a diagnostic laparoscopy in which they found endometriosis. After my body healed we went back to IUI with no pregnancy after a couple more cycles they recommended moving on to IVF.
I thought the costs were reasonable. Our insurance did not cover a lot but I knew that going into treatment. I thought the price of IUI was fair.
Sioux Falls

It's [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med] the only option here. It's a nice clinic and the staff is kind, and I know the associated hospital is top quality, but there doesn't feel like much choice involved. A little competition migbt increase their customer service. Dr. Hansen is the biggest weakness, he had a myopic approach.... We were upfront about not wanting IVF and I mentioned if we were ever to change our mind I wouldn't want to have excess embryos on hand or have a quad pregnancy. He very matter of factly stated to make the procedure cost effective for couples like us, large egg retrevials and multiple embryo transfers were necessary to avoid the cost of multiple procedures and to increase success rates. He didn't care about our comfort or morality, just cost.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It's the only option here. It's a nice clinic and the staff is kind, and I know the associated hospital is top quality, but there doesn't feel like much choice involved. A little competition migbt increase their customer service. Dr. Hansen is the biggest weakness, he had a myopic approach.
We were very upfront about our limits and what were wanted to avoid. He pushed right through those. He was only willing to try IVF, he had no other suggestions or options for us. He wouldn't consider and alternate route.
They were kind and efficient.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He was direct and easy to understand. He was also motivated toward success. But he didn't listen to what we wanted and he refused to dig deeper and seek a solution that didn't include IVF. In Sioux Falls you can't get IUI anywhere else ananywhere else and it felt like he knew he had the power to dictate our treatment plan.
If you have limits see Van Wold instead. Always plan for IVF to be a part of his plan of action.
We didn't get to move forward with treatment. He wouldn't sign off on a medicated cycle or IUI. He wouldn't let us try anything except IVF, even though our test results are very controversial as to their conclusivness. We also told him we aren't comfortable with IVF and ignored that.
I don't remember. A couple hundred dollars I think. Billing was pretty easy, the sperm analysis billing was weird. If you paid right away you got a huge discount but I didn't pay Sanford, it was a 3rd party.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [Sanford Fertility] is very friendly, efficient, and easy to work with. A few things that I would say our the weaknesses were they don't always read the charts before meeting with the patient. I had to multiple times remind them of my history and remind them of the protocol that we were using.... We paid for 1 round of IVF with ICSI, all of the testing, monitoring, and medication and it was around $23,000.... I got frustrated that I had to keep correcting my protocol with them or the fact that I only have 1 ovary.
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very friendly, efficient, and easy to work with. A few things that I would say our the weaknesses were they don't always read the charts before meeting with the patient. I had to multiple times remind them of my history and remind them of the protocol that we were using.
He took time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions without it seeming like a chore.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I loved how honest Dr. HANSEN was. He took time to explain what was and going to happen. Even if he didn't know an answer he tried to find an answer. He made me safe and with 3 surgeries done with him not including the fallopian test and multiple ultrasounds. He always stayed up beat and positive which kept my spirits up.
It's ok to ask questions. He will answer them and make sure you are comfortable.
We did a lower dose IVF with one ovary and PCOs he did not want to over stimulate. No birth control was used. It yeilded 7 eggs. 5 embroyos, 2 transferred and the remaining died before freezing. It was a negative pregnancy test.
They would at most transfer 2 for my age.

Other, Unexplained
I was billed for over $1000 of services that I didn’t receive. The clinic never apologized but after I challenged this, they did refund the money. I never felt that any of the doctors understood my case or took the lead in developing a treatment protocol because I would often see a different doctor from visit to visit. This clinic missed an important that a consult with another clinic picked up on at the first consult. I wonder if the treatments at Sanford didn’t work because they didn’t have the correct diagnosis.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Was rude when needed to call on call. Respectful and personable in clinic.
Nursing staff were generally prompt in replies to messages. One nurse was somewhat rude when rooming me.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Was unreasonably optimistic and quoted statistics that were incorrect. Explained risks of treatments and was empathetic. Didn’t have good continuity of care due to clinic set up, which made it difficult to develop rapport with individual providers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Check your bill carefully to determine if you have had the services you are being billed for.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid, has hyperstimulation with it, cycle was cancelled
Stephanie Dahl
Sioux Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

2012 - 2017
They [Sanford - Sioux Falls] are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule...15,000-18,000 with medications included in that...[Nurses] Friendly. Super easy to ask questions and always responsive. Didn't make you feel out of place. Made you feel like you were right at home and so passionate!! 😄 Cared about how doing and YOU
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule.
Very friendly, talks real but not over your head. Gives the perfect amount of info! Makes you welcomed
He is so welcoming. Friendly. Makes you feel at ease and not nervous. Easy to talk to and ask questions. Does not talk over your head!! Gives great info but not too much info. Explains risks but not in a scary way
He is great!! You will feel right at home!
We tried clomid with times intercourse for 4 cycles. No pregnancies. Keith recommend us to try another route by gave us the option to be as aggressive as we liked. We tried 3 IUI's with clomid. No pregnancies. We didn't want to continue to waste time and money and he said if we were ready then IVF next route. We did shots along with IVF. We conceived on first round!
15,000-18,000 with medications included in that.
He told us it was our choice. Due to age and our history. Unexplained infertility, he seemed like 2 was a good options for us. He doesn't recommend over 2

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Ultrasounds/clinic visits [at Sanford]-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800...They [nurses at Sanford] are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people...They have expanded they're clinic to help accommodate the rising infertility issues. More staff, more rooms, ect
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hansen would sit and talk to us for hours and answering all our questions we had. He treated us like we were family.
They are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people.
Dr Hansen is very sympathetic person. He wants the best results for every single patient of his. He would explain things to us in ways we could understand. He also has a way of making us relax in a stressful process.
Ask questions, he will sit for hours until you have no more questions. He will never make you feel like he is in a hurry and needs to be somewhere else.
I was diagnosed with PCOS, so I produce a lot of eggs. he had me on a protocol to produce less eggs but of higher quality. Instead of a ton of eggs at Ok-ish quality.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800
dr. Hansen, my husband and I all decided together to do 1 embryo transfers based on the high quality embryo and genetically tested normal to help reduce multiples or miscarriages.

2013 - 2017
This [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
This is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
After a retrieval, I wished he would have come talk to me (and not just my husband) to let me know how it had gone.
Dr. Hansen is very knowledgeable, and definitely has a lot of experience. Overall, I think he is good at what he does. But he didn't seem to want to think outside the box for our situation. To a certain extent, I think he was trying to protect us financially, but we wanted a child more than anything and were willing to pay for it.
Be ready for the rollercoaster that is ART.
Sioux Falls
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.... The total amount for IVF was about $20,000... Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.
Doctor VonWald was always so caring and went over the entire process into detail with me. She answered any questions I had and made my feel at ease and give me hope. I wasn't just a number-I was a person that she truly cared about helping.
They were so caring and helpful!
Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was. If something didn't go how originally planned, a new plan was set in place. I felt like I was in good hands that cared about our end goal-having a baby.
Anyone going through infertility, I always tell them that it is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and to always have a person to be able to vent to or get emotions off your chest with.
She watched closely over the dosage of shots to stimulate my ovaries. They took a while to respond, so dosages were increased and lots of ultrasounds were done to make sure I didn't overstimulate
The total amount for IVF was about $20,000
My embryos were in great quality and she recommended just transferring one embryo.
Sioux Falls

They [the nursing staff at Sanford] were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me... My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. ... I used menopur, hcg, gonal f, and centricide. I didn't end up pregnant but my body responded well to the meds and had16 eggs retrieved.
He was easy to talk to and took the time to make sure we fully understood everything. He was gentle with his responses, upfront and honest.
The were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me
He was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
Don't give up
My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. My first one was October 2016 and was unsuccessful. My next will be June 2017

2013 - 2015
No one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans...they want to get in and get out to finish their day.
2013 - 2015
I barely was seen by Dr. HAnsen himself. mostly seen by his nurse practitioners. I felt as though they made me feel less like a number than a human- but they are still a doctors office and this is routine for them- they want to get in and get out to finish their day. the nurses at the office were less warm and fuzzy, and the secretaries (better now) but in 2013 when we started the treatment, they were not helpful and very grumpy.
nothing really- no one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans.
he has compassion. he does not see you every time- just for consults and then his NPs do the rest. But then he gets to charge you another consult when you are "finished" with that phase of treatments- like we did IUI then after that didn't work we have to pay 600 dollars for another consult to discuss IVF (which we had initially discussed ivf after iui if it didn't work).
overall we had a good experience, but we are still in the process and going to be starting ivf- at another facility since their numbers are not good.

2011 - 2012
Excellent nursing staff [at Sanford]! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things...Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures....Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him.
2011 - 2012
We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect.
Excellent nursing staff! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things.
Know what you are getting into, do research, talk about treatment with other people who have gone through it. All of that will help when meeting with the doctor.
I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality. I took Menopur and Bravelle at highest dosages. Dr. Hansen retrieved 10 eggs, two were fractured and not usable for IVF. He used ICSI to inseminate 8 eggs. Two high quality, 5 day embryos were transferred. One implanted. None of the other embryos were of good enough quality to freeze.
Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures.
Sioux Falls

Clinic [Sanford] employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them....Nursing staff was kind, informational, answered all our questions. The nursing staff knew what they were doing and talking about....She [Dr. Von Wald] explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them.
She explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next. Asked us if we had questions. She answered our questions. She was a nice, kind doctor. She knew what she was talking about and doing.
Her strengths were she explained everything in an a way we could understand. She knew the answers to ou r questions. She explained everything in detail. She answered all our questions. She didn't have any weaknesses.
Normal price
Sioux Falls

The clinics [Sanford] strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends...nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinics strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends.
Carefully explained everything with us. didn't treat us like just another patient.
nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
He was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed.
Just ask questions, they will answer them.
Just basic Ivf procedures. Medications didnt get adjusted. My body was doing what it was suppose to.
Normal cost,
Sioux Falls

Ease of making appointments. Pretty flexible with appointments. All people [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] show great compassion. People start to get to know you by name. Get stopped in the hall for small chat. Everything is very thorough.... [Cost Of Treatment] IUI-$2,000-2,500 each cycle, meds depending. IVF-$17,000-20,000, meds depending.... [Nursing Staff] All very kind and helpful.... Remembers life events
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Ease of making appointments. Pretty flexible with appointments. All people show great compassion. People start to get to know you by name. Get stopped in the hall for small chat. Everything is very thorough.
Remembers life events
All very kind and helpful.
Very patient, explains things well. Gave us all options available, went over pros and cons of each. Gave her full recommendation as to what to try first and to do next. Ensures that we know all the steps that will be taken.
Just know it’s going to be a bit of information overload.
Each cycle we would up the dosage depending on how last cycle went. She made sure I was feeling fine with the drugs.
She suggests 1 is 2 depending on how many fertilized embryos we can get.
Sioux Falls
[The nurses at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine were] very professional and helpful...Around $600 for iui. 15,00 for egg transfer and ivf 1. Ivf 2-3,000...They make you feel so welcome. I feel very comfortable there. They are so encouraging and helpful. They communicate well using my chart. Everyone knows your name and takes interest in your story. The team is all very positive and friendly...They get to know you very well and truly care about you.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
She treats you like a person and knows where you have been and where you want to be. She has been in your shoes and cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shanna Konz)
They were good communities and very professional and helpful.
She is very personable and makes you feel welcome. She is a great listener and tells you where you should go next. Her team is great to work with. They get to know you very well and truly care about you.
Remain positive. Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask her for help.
We started with chlomid and then did letrazol. We also did two iuis and are on our second round of ivf.
Around $600 for iui. 15,00 for egg transfer and ivf 1. Ivf 2-3,000