7.2
7.2

1500 W 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Every time we met with Dr. Christensen, he would spend the first few times chatting about our jobs (which he remembered exactly what we do), or spend time casually talking about how I was doing emotionally with the process. He genuinely cared that I stayed stress free (as much as possible) and relaxed, offered suggestions, or joked with my husband about taking me out to a nice dinner. He spent the extra time to care about my mental health throughout the entire process and not just the medical procedures.
The clinic [Sanford Fertility And Reproductive Med] is family! Its a small clinic, and the number of nurses, doctors, and staff that you see is limited - so they know you. They are there with you along this journey. The clinic has all the supplementary support you need through the process. Nurses who help get in touch with the right mail-order pharmacies. Financial adviser who explains every charge and provides documentation before any of the process begins, as well as suggests programs to assist with the costs of infertility treatments.
How was your experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Christensen's greatest strength is how personable he is. The whole infertility process was new for us, i.e. our first cycle/doctor/appointments. He took the time every appointment to thoroughly explain what was going to happen, what we should expect, what typical results would be, and how they would deal with atypical results. This was evident in the appointments up to and including the egg retrieval. Dr. Christensen did a walk through of how the egg retrieval day would go several appointments prior. Then a two days prior, he covered it again with specific attention to how my follicles were progressing, how long they anticipated the appointment to take, and how many eggs they hoped for. He has adjusted my medications to lower amounts to focus on egg quality versus quantity, and told us they hoped to retrieve 5-15 eggs. Day of retrieval, Dr. Christensen met with us before heading to the procedure room, made sure we were ready, asked about any more questions, and seemed just as happy for us to have made it to this day as we were. The procedure (before I fell asleep) was professional and scripted, and Dr. Christensen checked on me frequently. It was very reassuring as the nurses prepped the room. As soon as the procedure was over/I awoke, Dr. Christensen was there, big smile on his face to tell me they had retrieved 23 eggs. But, he also cautioned and took proactive measure to help prevent OHSS as he suspected based on the number I may struggle with it (I did, but not nearly as bad because of the extra care and proactive medications he prescribed). This was the level of care, attention, and investment Dr. Christensen showed throughout our treatment!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Do not be afraid to ask the blunt questions - he's okay to see you cry. He can handle dealing with hormonal/emotional type questions. Don't downplay if you are experiencing mood swings, he's very sensitive to how you react to various medications, and wants to minimize the unnecessary effects as much as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Steffen Christensen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our overall plan was to first try 3 or so rounds of IUI, and if they were unsuccessful, then to discuss further options. During the IUI cycles, Dr. Christensen chose to use Femara, as in his experience it had better results with PCOS patients. After 2 unsuccessful IUI cycles, Dr. Christensen was the first to suggest our efforts would be better spent exploring IVF than to continue with unsuccessful IUIs. He used how I reacted to the medications during the IUI to predict which IVF medications and dosages to use. He elected to use 150 units of Menopur and 150 units of Gonal F for the IVF cycle. Being I was growing more than 20 follicles, he lowered the Gonal F to 75 units mid cycle to lessen the number of follicles producing eggs. He explained over crowding can cause lower quality eggs, and quality was better than quantity. He prescribed Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, and a Lupron and HCG trigger. Results were 23 eggs retrieved. 18 mature. 14 fertilized through ICSI (due to male factor low mobility) and frozen. We elected to do PGS (our choice, no pressure from the clinic or Dr. Christensen), and 5 tested normal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
As you progress in the process, you only work with a handful of nurses (2-3), and each was just as caring and compassionate as the next. They took every concern with great care, and made sure to be prompt in answer any questions, or assisting with the process. Nearly every Dr. visit was followed up with written instructions from the nurse to ensure that you had all your instructions. They also set up majority of the appointments for you on your behalf based upon the Dr.'s timeline.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is family! Its a small clinic, and the number of nurses, doctors, and staff that you see is limited - so they know you. They are there with you along this journey. The clinic has all the supplementary support you need through the process. Nurses who help get in touch with the right mail-order pharmacies. Financial adviser who explains every charge and provides documentation before any of the process begins, as well as suggests programs to assist with the costs of infertility treatments. A genetic counselor who can discuss the pro/cons and results of PGS or PGD. They even can coordinate on site acupuncture services if you elect to do so. All the people you don't realize you need when you begin your infertility journey - they're all here conveniently waiting to help and guide you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steffen Christensen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
2018 Projected Costs (All provided up front to every patient prior to care) Trial Transfer - $566 Cycle Monitoring - $3921 Egg Aspiration with ICSI - $6622 Freezing of Embryos (up to 4) - $1995 Thaw & Transfer of Embryo - $4126 Post IVF Cycle - $442 Additional Embryo Freeze - $200 each PGS (14 embryos) - $3800
Describe Steffen Christensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
We elected to do a single transfer for a number of reasons. First, my age and health were big indicators to contribute to a healthy pregnancy, as well as no previous miscarriages. Second, the embryo physical grade and genetic results indicated high quality. Lastly, the trial transfer was very successful and no problems for actual transfer were anticipated. Dr. Christensen felt that a transfer of multiple would result in a multiples pregnancy. He was very concerned about the health of the pregnancy as well as the health of the mother, and urged us to transfer a single embryo. We agreed.
Sioux Falls

We first met with Dr. Dahl in August of 2018. We were sent to her due to male infertility. She instantly connected with us on a very personal level and made us feel comfortable from the start. She explained all the possible diagnoses, tests, and labs.... With the diagnosis of a double carrier for CF, she instantly talked about available options and connected us with urology and a genetic counselor. For my appointments, I was always excited to see her because she made me feel at ease.
The clinic [Sanford Fertility] is separate from other facilities in our town so it is nice that it has its own space. They have it well set up for the waiting area, ultrasounds, appointment rooms to meet with the doctors, area for labs, and rooms in the back that are secluded for procedures. We feel that the team works well together including the receptionist, providers, nurses, financial counselor, genetic counselor, lab techs, etc.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
We first met with Dr. Dahl in August of 2018. We were sent to her due to male infertility. She instantly connected with us on a very personal level and made us feel comfortable from the start. She explained all the possible diagnoses, tests, and labs. After going over a complete history with my husband and I she said her assumption is my husband is a cystic fibrosis carrier. We did genetic testing, which confirmed that diagnosis. With the diagnosis of a double carrier for CF, she instantly talked about available options and connected us with urology and a genetic counselor. For my appointments, I was always excited to see her because she made me feel at ease. She always explained to us what the ultrasounds were showing, what medication changes to make and the rationale. We always felt very informed and that she had our best interest at heart. She connected us to all the right medical staff and resources, and felt that overall she cared about us individually and as a couple. She shows great care and compassion for her patients and shows enthusiasm for the job she does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I would recommend writing down a timeline of your appointments. I kept a notebook that had our appointment and what we did at that appointment, what was discussed, what labs or ultrasound results were, etc. Another thing I would recommend is always writing down questions you have. She is more than willing to answer questions and to take the time to have open discussions about any topics with fertility and health.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dahl was always very compassionate and empathetic throughout our IVF journey thus far. She has always cared about how we were doing during the process, connecting us with available resources, and always talking with us on a personal level. She has always been a great advocate for us and our future.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The only way for us to conceive is through IVF. The first round I was started on progesterone only birth control due to a clotting disorder we did not want to use estrogen. I had my baseline labs which were all within normal limits and started on Follistim/Gonal F 300 units. I was unable to use menopur due to a dairy allergy. I continued on for 5 days of "stims" and labs all were within the range that was expected, but I had discordant growth with my follicles (2 large and 2 small follicles). At that time we decided to stop with this first round of medications and restart. The second round I did use a birth control with estrogen but then took lovenox injections during that time. I was started on gonal F 375units. On day 3 after labs we increased the dose to 450 units. On day 6 I had 4 follicles, day 8 I had 6 follicles that were all growing at the same rate and appropriate size to lead up to an egg retrieval. After a few more days of stimulation it was time for the trigger shot which we used Lupron. We successfully retrieved 5 eggs, and 3 successfully fertilized. We did PGS testing on our embryos. We had 1 chromosomally normal. We had a different provider do our transfer due to the timing of it, which did not lead to a successful pregnancy. Since then, Dr. Dahl has met with us and talked about the future options and different medication protocols to try.
The nursing staff have been great! They are quick to respond to messages, easy to talk to, and keep you very informed during the process. They don't have one specific nurse assigned to you, but you usually work with the same two or three nurses. We have always felt like they care about us and are willing to help however they can. Each nurse seems to enjoy their job and are passionate about what they do. One thing I wish is that you did have one specific nurse or coordinator assigned to you that is your go to person for everything. I also feel like they should give you a calendar with your appointments and specific medications with dates at times. They do give you papers. information, and send specific messages that clarify all that information but an individual patient calendar would be helpful.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we love our clinic. I feel that it was the perfect fit for us. It is kind of crazy to me that it is one of my favorite places to go because its where we get closest to making our family. The clinic is separate from other facilities in our town so it is nice that it has its own space. They have it well set up for the waiting area, ultrasounds, appointment rooms to meet with the doctors, area for labs, and rooms in the back that are secluded for procedures. We feel that the team works well together including the receptionist, providers, nurses, financial counselor, genetic counselor, lab techs, etc. One thing I really appreciate is that they have a financial counselor right in the clinic who can work personally with you. Our nurses have been great about trying to get us the best connections to pharmacies and coupons to make the medications as cheap as possible and we appreciate that. I feel there are so many positives about our clinic and the team. I don't have many weaknesses to point out. I would say that overall I wish they would just go more in depth about each medication, each procedure, and have a specific nurse or person who oversees the entire process for you, but if you have questions or concerns they are always willing to take the time for you and answer all questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we feel that the cost at the clinic seems to be average for IVF in our area. They do pair up with ARC fertility so that is an option for patients to look into for "plan" options. We did have some insurance coverage so for us it was best to use our insurance first before using other resources. When you first start with the clinic and before you start IVF they have you meet with the financial counselor to discuss cost and prepayment. We were given a break down of costs for trial transfer, cycle monitoring ( which included 5 office visits, 7 lab draws, some ultrasounds), egg aspiration with ICSI, freezing of embryos, thaw and transfer, and post IVF lab work. Also if you plan to do PGS testing they have you pay part of that cost up front. We did end up having some confusion with insurance, but the financial counselor was so willing to look through each bill, each charge, and even contact our insurance to help make the process run smoother. Even during visits with Dr. Dahl she would mention an approximate cost of testing and let you know if she thought if it was covered by insurance or not. We really appreciated that. We also felt that she would include us in on the decisions and what is best for us to get the results we want and can financially afford.
Describe Stephanie Dahl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
From the start we primarily talked about a single embryo transfer. She did say it would be an option for us to do 2 embryos but we felt it just depended on our situation and the number of embryos. We only had 1 embryo to transfer so that made the decision easier because 1 embryo was our only option.
Stephanie Dahl

2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr. Hansen was the best doctor I could have been referred to. Immediately upon meeting with me, he has the type of personality where you felt comfortable. He’s truly rooting for his patients and what they need. He’s funny, but still serious and gets down to business. Doesn’t ever make me feel like I’m in the dark about anything either.
Honestly, I can’t find a weakness. Every one of the staff members [at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] is considerate and caring, and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. I can’t imagine going anywhere else. I had initially planned to see a different fertility clinic, but after a few minutes over the phone with them, was a little unsure. I called Sanford next and they were like a night/day difference.
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Give him a chance, as he’s the best one I’ve met yet.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
His bedside manner is the best I’ve ever had and he never makes you feel like your questions or feelings aren’t valid.
Describe the protocols Keith Hansen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When I first met with Dr. Hansen, I shared with him the at home results I had taken prior to setting up an appointment. He ordered an ultrasound and additional blood work to confirm the initial results. He then laid out a plan to just monitor my levels until I decided what I wanted to do. After contemplating donor sperm, we decided to change course and freeze my eggs instead. I was having issues with irregular bleeding & cysts, so he ordered a SIS procedure, which found a uterine polyp. He scheduled prompt surgery to remove that and now we can finally move forward!
Any nurse that I’ve dealt with, either through messaging or in person at the clinics, have gone above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Honestly, I can’t find a weakness. Every one of the staff members is considerate and caring, and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. I can’t imagine going anywhere else. I had initially planned to see a different fertility clinic, but after a few minutes over the phone with them, was a little unsure. I called Sanford next and they were like a night/day difference.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The costs are reasonable, and I’m lucky enough that my insurance covers the majority of it as well.
Sioux Falls

Dr. Hanson really seemed to listen to all my questions and concerns and explain everything to me thoroughly...I felt like the treatment cycle was very much geared towards me and my needs and wasn’t just a typical protocol that “should” work...He is such a kind and intelligent doctor that really has your best interest in mind
The [Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] clinic overall was great. Friendly and helpful staff. Scheduling appointments and asking billing questions was easy. My only complaint is that the doctors typically hand you off to a CNP or PA (my experience at least), and you may not see the doctor again for many treatment cycles.
He walked me through every step of the cycle that he treated me for. He scheduled 4 ultrasounds during 1 cycle so we could keep a very close eye on how my body was reacting to the treatments. He adjusted the treatment as needed depending on what each ultrasound showed. I felt like the treatment cycle was very much geared towards me and my needs and wasn’t just a typical protocol that “should” work.
To trust him. He is such a kind and intelligent doctor that really has your best interest in mind
Baseline US day 5: uterine lining 4 mm Clomid 50mg on cycle days 5-9. Entrace 2mg 2x a day from day 12 to end of cycle. US day 13: uterine lining 4mm. Eggs at 11 and 14mm Menopur 75mg x2 on days 13 and 14 US day 15: uterine lining 6mm. 2 eggs at 16mm Menopur 150mg x1 day 15 US day 16: uterine lining 8mm. Eggs at 18 and 19mm Ovidrel trigger shot day 16 IUI day 18 Progesterone lab day 20 Progesterone supplement 2x day started day 20 until end of 1st trimester Positive pregnancy test and singleton pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie )
A CNP was in charge of my care for a majority of my treatment cycles when I wasn’t with Dr. Hanson. She was kind and didn’t do anything “wrong”, but I felt like she was blindly following a protocol and not adjusting meds/treatment based on my ultrasound findings.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall was great. Friendly and helpful staff. Scheduling appointments and asking billing questions was easy. My only complaint is that the doctors typically hand you off to a CNP or PA (my experience at least), and you may not see the doctor again for many treatment cycles.
Each ultrasound cost ~$250 and the associated appointment was $120-200. The IUI procedure was ~$650. Menopur injections cost $90/75mg Ovidrel trigger shot cost $90
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I scheduled my first appointment a couple Months in advance because it typically takes that long to get in. The week of the scheduled appointment I called to confirm, and they didn’t have my appointment in the books. I had to reschedule and wait another couple month to start my treatments.
Sioux Falls

My body is not very good at growing follicles and he [Dr. Christensen] would follow the growth of them each cycle and tell me how many I had and the size of them, good or bad, it usually wasn’t the greatest. But he would always be so honest with me on how each cycle was going to go. He wouldn’t necessarily tell me “no I don’t think it’s going to take this time” but he would say I would need more time before the ovulation shot. When I got ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome he was very quick to respond to my discomfort and my concerns and got everything taken care of very quickly.
They [Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] are very very good at being on time. Once you get and ultrasound you see the nurses immediately and not even 2 minutes after the nurse would leave the room the doctor would be in. They communicate very well through Sanford MyChart if you have any questions or concerns and also with the instructions. The doctor will tell you all the instructions when you are in the room with them then a nurse will also type out the instructions
My body is not very good at growing follicles and he would follow the growth of them each cycle and tell me how many I had and the size of them, good or bad, it usually wasn’t the greatest. But he would always be so honest with me on how each cycle was going to go. He wouldn’t necessarily tell me “no I don’t think it’s going to take this time” but he would say I would need more time before the ovulation shot. When I got ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome he was very quick to respond to my discomfort and my concerns and got everything taken care of very quickly. I feel like he really wants a child to happen for me and my husband.
Tell him your concerns because he will listen. Ask him questions because he will answer them to the best of his knowledge.
He would always ask how I was doing good or bad and made sure how I was feeling before going to the next step whether it was more medication or going to iui
Femara 2.5mg, ovidrel 250mcg for 2 cycles. Follistim in increasing doses which I’m not completely sure of anywhere from 50 units to 150 units along with femara 2.5mg (two pills) and ovidrel 250mcg. He also did an HSG to make sure my tubes weren’t blocked. All pregnancy tests were negative and with the iui I ended up getting ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and had to have 350cc of fluid drained from my abdomen.
A lot of the nursing staff worked with my mom at some point and knew me since I was little. So my opinion might be a little biased because they took really good care of me, I’m sure it wasn’t just because they knew my mom but it probably helped. But even the nurses that didn’t know my mom were always super friendly and understanding.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
They are very very good at being on time. Once you get and ultrasound you see the nurses immediately and not even 2 minutes after the nurse would leave the room the doctor would be in. They communicate very well through Sanford MyChart if you have any questions or concerns and also with the instructions. The doctor will tell you all the instructions when you are in the room with them then a nurse will also type out the instructions and send you a clear message with all the same information that you can look back on if need be.
I’m not exactly sure what the costs have been. My insurance has been good to provide a decent amount of coverage. I would say my bill has been no more than $2000 out of pocket
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Once or twice, I don’t recall, they didn’t send the updated prescription to the pharmacy. The pharmacy would just have the wrong dosage and I called the doctors office and they sent the correct dosage immediately.
Sioux Falls

Dr. Hansen went through every scenario and option for our particular case. Showed us the outcomes of studies that are for our similar situation. He didn't push us into doing anything we didn't want to. He gave us our best outcomes and we could decide how we wanted to proceed....We have male factor infertility with low morphology. He was put on a fertility blend to see if that would help my husbands analysis and we rechecked in 8 weeks. It did not improve and IVF is our best option, so we are moving forward with IVF.
A strength is how quick they [Sanford Fertility & Repro Med] are to respond to any questions I ask, whether that's when I call them or message them through My Chart. The My Chart app is very easy to message them through, also the app has test results and appointment reminders. Looking online you can read your consultations with the nurses and doctors which is nice to look back on to see what was discussed.
Have questions ready for the consultation, he will gladly answer every question. If possible do a semen analysis or lab work that can be done before the consultation in order to figure out what the best plan is to go forward.
Answered all of my questions and concerns. Very kind and nice along with his staff.
We have male factor infertility with low morphology. He was put on a fertility blend to see if that would help my husbands analysis and we rechecked in 8 weeks. It did not improve and IVF is our best option, so we are moving forward with IVF. We did try an IUI between the 8 weeks which was our choice to do so. We did 50mg of clomid with Ovidrel trigger shot. Everything went fine but our chances with IUI were only 2% which Dr. Hansen went over during our consultation so we were fully aware of our chances. We did the IUI for our own peace of mind.
Very quick to answer any questions I have. Very kind and helpful and easy to reach out to.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
A strength is how quick they are to respond to any questions I ask, whether that's when I call them or message them through My Chart. The My Chart app is very easy to message them through, also the app has test results and appointment reminders. Looking online you can read your consultations with the nurses and doctors which is nice to look back on to see what was discussed. They help set your account up the first consultation which is nice. They are good about telling you how long it will approximately take for appointment and what could possibly be done that day. Going forward with treatment they did lay out an approximate timeline for us which is helpful for work. They are open early in the morning which is nice for people with full time jobs. They have been on time for appointments and easy to work with.
Typical pricing for treatments. Around 20k for IVF; 20-30k IVF with pgd testing, IUI ranges from 600-3000.
Describe Keith Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hansen's approach is single embro transfer especially in women under the age of 35. His goal is a single live birth. But does depend on the patients situation and outcomes of the IVF process.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
[Dr. Keith Hansen] is always very attentive and really takes the time to explain the process...I liked that he was honest and provided all the details. It was easy to set up an appointment with him, the wait times were short and overall I felt like he is very knowledgeable and is an expert in his field. He also performed a D&C after my loss, he was very companionate and I had no complications. I would definitely recommend him, he is easy to talk to, easy to ask questions from and look for guidance from.
The downside [at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] would be – there is no other RE clinic in the area unless you want to travel few hours, I feel that due to lack of competition they don’t run “specials”, participate in clinical studies or quickly pick up new techniques and procedures such as invocell...Front desk coordinator is exceptional. The Nursing team is great, they returned all my phone calls promptly and were very caring, organized and knowledgeable. The CNP I worked with was wonderful! The whole team always made me feel that they really want for us to succeed.
Dr. Hansen is always friendly and cheerful. He really goes into the details, if you don’t want to hear in details on all side effects or potential issues, you will need to let him know. I liked that he was honest and provided all the details. It was easy to set up an appointment with him, the wait times were short and overall I felt like he is very knowledgeable and is an expert in his field. He also performed a D&C after my loss, he was very companionate and I had no complications. I would definitely recommend him, he is easy to talk to, easy to ask questions from and look for guidance from.
Ask questions if you don’t feel comfortable with the plan. He will answer them all and make changes to the plan as needed to make sure you agree with it completely. He is very open to suggestions, questions and concerns.
Dr. is always very attentive and really takes the time to explain the process.
I was on letrozole through an OB while I began to see Dr. Hansen. The original plan was to do diagnostic testing, such as US, HSG, blood work to determine ovarian reserve and rule out PCOS. Once my letrozole 3-month plan finished, I was put on Chlomid with an injectable trigger shot, followed by IUI. I did three cycles, with one resulting in pregnancy that ended at 10 weeks and resulted in a D&C. The current plan is to start the IVF process over the next couple of months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie, CNP, Amy, Holly)
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Convenient location within a large hospital with easy access to pharmacy, OR and so on, great staff with a lot of experience. The upside is that the team really do know their stuff and are good at what they do. The downside would be – there is no other RE clinic in the area unless you want to travel few hours, I feel that due to lack of competition they don’t run “specials”, participate in clinical studies or quickly pick up new techniques and procedures such as invocell.
So far with all the testing - about $3500 out of pocket, as many were not covered by insurance, such as SHG. IUIs - 3 months about $8000 out of pocket. D&C - after insutrance $2000 out of pocket. IVF has been quoted at 20-30K.
The Dr. informed me that they do one embryo transfer at a time if under 35, unless there are special circumstances, such as low embryo quality or a condition that reduces implantation rate. Older than 35 the transfer qty could change depending on the circumstances.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
It was a few months back where I didn't get a call on my blood work when it showed up on my "my chart" and was listed as outside of the norm. I waited a day or so and then had to call in myself. The nurse I talked to was great and went over the results with me in detail, however, it still bothered me that I had to reach out to them and not the other way around.
Sioux Falls
I was given stems for two weeks and developed 20+ follicles [on cycle with Dr. Hansen]. They retrieved 19 eggs and 14 of them fertilized. We had 9 embryos on the 5-day transfer and ended up transferring one AA embryo...Very knowledgeable. Talked us through everything and made sure we understood what was happening. Would explain what the next steps were and made sure all of our questions were answered... He likes to lighten the mood and sometimes laughing can help with the nerves and a stressful situation.
I was given stems for two weeks and developed 20+ follicles [on my cycle with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]. They retrieved 19 eggs and 14 of them fertilized. We had 9 embryos on the 5-day transfer and ended up transferring one AA embryo...The nursing staff was absolutely wonderful. They were so kind and caring...The clinic was clean and inviting. The staff was always very friendly. They called you by your first name and really build a relationship with you. The staff that we met with were all very knowledgeable and were willing to help with whatever we needed. The lab and clinic office were very close as well as the pharmacy so it was very convenient.
Very knowledgeable. Talked us through everything and made sure we understood what was happening. Would explain what the next steps were and made sure all of our questions were answered. He really cared about us. We were treated compassionately and not like another couple they were trying to just push through. This is a very difficult and delicate process to go through and they made it as enjoyable as possible. I always felt safe and comfortable in their care.
I would say to be ready to laugh. He likes to lighten the mood and sometimes laughing can help with the nerves and a stressful situation.
Every question was answered in detail. Never felt rushed. They really gave us their undivided attention.
I was given stems for two weeks and developed 20+ follicles. They retrieved 19 eggs and 14 of them fertilized. We had 9 embryos on the 5-day transfer and ended up transferring one AA embryo. On day 6 we had 4 embryos to freeze. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We started birth control the next cycle and are currently in the two week wait after transferring 2 frozen embryos. I am taking estrogen and progesterone shots.
The nursing staff was absolutely wonderful. They were so kind and caring. They would respond so quickly to any questions I had. They were also such a big help with the medications. They told me exactly what to do and made it so easy! It can be very scary getting that box and they explained everything perfectly with detail.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance does not pay for anything. We have to cover everything out of pocket. I think the only thing I picked up for this whole process that was covered was my birth control pill I had to take to start each cycle.
Sioux Falls

Having her [Dr. Tiffany Von Wald] as my doctor was a wonderful experience. She was very straightforward and kind. As stressful as all the doctor visits I had, and all of the injections, patches and pills, I never felt alone...I would recommend her in a heartbeat...My retrieval and first transfer went okay. I was on gonal-f, menopur, lupron at the beginning. I did have to increase my menopur once for the cycle. I took progesterone in oil shots after the transfer along with an estradiol patch. My second transfer was with progesterone in oil, and estrogen pills three times daily.
They were all great ladies [the nurses at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]...They all answered my questions I had over the phone or online. When my first results came back negative one nurse cried with me. I felt like I was family... I've never had any problems. The nurses and doctors are so thoughtful and kind. Even the receptionist knew me by name. I have seen both Dr. Von Wald and Dr. Hanson they are both amazing people and doctors. They will take the time to talk to you about anything you need.
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Having her as my doctor was a wonderful experience. She was very straightforward and kind. As stressful as all the doctor visits I had, and all of the injections, patches and pills, I never felt alone. I hope no-one I know will have to go through this hardship. But I would recommend her in a heartbeat.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be scared. You may feel alone, but you're not. I was treated so greatly at sanford, I know you will be too!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Every doctor I had seen knew me by my face. They helped me understand everything that was going on, and they helped me when I found out the blood tests came back negative. I felt like family.
Describe the protocols Tiffany Von Wald used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
They were all great ladies. My very first meet with the nurses, one of them forgot that I was waiting for her to come back. I did understand that people get busy though. They all answered my questions I had over the phone or online. When my first results came back negative one nurse cried with me. I felt like I was family.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I've gone to Sanford my whole life. I've never had any problems. The nurses and doctors are so thoughtful and kind. Even the receptionist knew me by name. I have seen both Dr. Von Wald and Dr. Hanson they are both amazing people and doctors. They will take the time to talk to you about anything you need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Most of it was covered under my insurance, but I needed another shot of gonal-f and that was 300 out of pocket because I maxed my prescription cost from my insurance. My second transfer was about 100 dollars all together.
Describe Tiffany Von Wald's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor said for the first transfer, they'd strongly recommend one embryo. For the second transfer they were okay with 2 embryos because they had been frozen.
Sioux Falls

My clinic [Sanford- Sioux Falls] is very small and I had a lot of the same nurses all the time even though I was not assigned one specifically. I feel that they make every patient feel special and cared for. They learn names quickly and seem to become invested in their lives and interests. Thoughout our time there there has been many more downs there have been ups and I have no doubt that they feel the pain of their patients and are cheering them on in the background
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
With my clinic there are 3 doctors you can see during your fertility treatments but my personality meshed the best with dr Cain. She is a very compassionate yet straight to the point lady which I appreciate. This is a very emotional experience and I found some other doctors made me more emotional which I didn’t necessarily like since I like to show my emotions in private. Dr Cain is very straight to the point and answers and explains any questions that we have. I feel like she genuinely cares and will do anything to help her patients yet she doesn’t cross any emotional boundaries. I do understand how some people may choose another doctor at my clinic if they want someone more “warm and fuzzy”. Don’t get my wrong DR Cain is extremely compassionate and I truly feel like she is invested in us and She is definitely my style of doctor but may not be the first choice for others.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
She will speak to you as an equal so if you do not understand anything or have questions on certain terms or procedures please ask. She is very good at explaining any questions that we have bc there were times we did not understand terminology, medicine, or what the next steps were.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
With my clinic there are 3 doctors you can see during your fertility treatments but my personality meshed the best with dr Cain. She is a very compassionate yet straight to the point lady which I appreciate. This is a very emotional experience and I found some other doctors mad me more emotional which I didn’t necessarily like since I like to show my emotions in private. Dr Cain is very straight to the point and answers and explains any questions that we have. I feel like she genuinely cares and will do anything to help her patients yet she doesn’t cross any emotional boundaries.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I do not remember specifics with regards to the exact dosages and medicine. What I do know is that my clinic keeps a very close eye on me and my levels. I never felt like I was not being cared for or monitored. They do recommend accupuncture during your IVF transfer and she was very willing to research the specifics behind it for me.
My clinic is very small and I had a lot of the same nurses all the time even though I was not assigned one specifically. I feel that they make every patient feel special and cared for. They learn names quickly and seem to become invested in their lives and interests. Thoughout our time there there has been many more downs there have been ups and I have no doubt that they feel the pain of their patients and are cheering them on in the background
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a separate building away from the hospital so it offers a lot of privacy. One thing that I do appreciate is they have a sign on the door asking patients not to bring children. They know this is an emotional experience for us and babies and small children may be hard for some patients to see while they are there.. the staff at Sanford in Fargo is also great. In the two years I have been going there I have seen little to zero turn over. Honestly I do not have to many things to say about weaknesses minus the cost. I feel like what they charge is above the average but being in North Dakota we do not have to many other options unless we want to travel. They do however offer some financing programs for patients. I believe this is a relatively new offering there so I did have to ask a lot of questions to get clarity on exactly what is covered under the loan company and what I am responsible for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I cannot recall the exact cost of the iui procedures because they were covered under insurance at that time. For our IVF cycle I believe not including medicine it was around 20k for an egg retrieval and 2 frozen transfers.
Kristen Cain
Sioux Falls

I really liked Dr Hansen and enjoyed seeing him. He takes his time and answers questions. He is very knowledgeable. My biggest complaint is you rarely see the doctors at this clinic, you usually see the mid levels who are very nice and also do a good job.... The first cycle was long Lupron cycle which was a complete bust. I had one egg retrieved with was found to be abnormal with pGS testing. They felt that the birth control prior to starting meds may have contributed to the outcome. My second cycle was a antagonist with growth hormone. Although it I did not respond well to this either we did have 5 eggs retrieved and fertilized with icsi. We were very anxious that only one of those eggs tested normal but we were able to proceed with transfer
The care and treatment areas are top notch [at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Med]. Clean facilities, have a nice workflow through appointments. Weakness: billing!! Very confusing and not able to really produce a statement of where my money had gone. My insurance was paying for some services and I met my deductible, but my self pay part did not adjust accordingly. Did. It make sense to me that i had to pay all of the cost up front, but then in addition had to pay to meet my deductible
Be prepared for you appointments. Do your research, and ask questions about your treatment plan.
Very kind and caring, spent time with us and answered our questions
The first cycle was long Lupron cycle which was a complete bust. I had one egg retrieved with was found to be abnormal with pGS testing. They felt that the birth control prior to starting meds may have contributed to the outcome. My second cycle was a antagonist with growth hormone. Although it I did not respond well to this either we did have 5 eggs retrieved and fertilized with icsi. We were very anxious that only one of those eggs tested normal but we were able to proceed with transfer! We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have had a successful transfer, a healthy pregnancy and a perfect baby boy!
Excellent nursing staff!! Very prompt in answering my questions and calling with results.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The care and treatment areas are top notch. Clean facilities, have a nice workflow through appointments. Weakness: billing!! Very confusing and not able to really produce a statement of where my money had gone. My insurance was paying for some services and I met my deductible, but my self pay part did not adjust accordingly. Did. It make sense to me that i had to pay all of the cost up front, but then in addition had to pay to meet my deductible
Majority of services were self pay
Prior to starting the process the clinic was pretty clear that they encourage single embryo transfer
Sioux Falls
I love that she [Dr. Von Wald] is down to earth. She understands that this is difficult, time consuming and expensive. I also travel almost 3 hours one way for appointments and she was great about doing as many things at home or scheduling things for the same day when I was seeing her. You don't get to see her every time and I'm ok with that but I knew she looked at everything even when I didn't see her.... First we did 3 IUIs that resulted in 2 pregnancies
They [Sanford Fertility] are Very easy to work with. They make it so easy to schedule appointments. By the 2nd visit I was greeted by my first name!! All the staff are great. They always keep you informed of delays in appointments if there are any but usually there are not. The waiting room is very nice.... [Nursing Staff] Very knowledgeable. I Always receive a call back or return message back within the hour. Love them all. Very caring and compassionate
I love that she is down to earth. She understands that this is difficult, time consuming and expensive. I also travel almost 3 hours one way for appointments and she was great about doing as many things at home or scheduling things for the same day when I was seeing her. You don't get to see her every time and I'm ok with that but I knew she looked at everything even when I didn't see her.
Spend time with her, ask questions, let her know your concerns, ask every question you have, do you own research and go to her with everything
Human!!! Very caring. Greated by name at every visit. Great communication!!
First we did 3 IUIs that resulted in 2 pregnancies, 1st ivf cycle was a long lupron cycle, 2nd was a gentle cycle without lupron and my 3rd was more of a mini ivf cycle that we did oral meds with menopause. My last 2 cycles resulted in pregnancies. Unfortunately my 4 pregnancies ended in losses due to chromosome issues which we knew would be an issue because of my age/eggs
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
They are Very easy to work with. They make it so easy to schedule appointments. By the 2nd visit I was greeted by my first name!! All the staff are great. They always keep you informed of delays in appointments if there are any but usually there are not. The waiting room is very nice.
In SD we do not have infertility coverage so the cost is significant. My insurance was billed for most of the initial testing but most is not covered. They have a billing expert right there in the office that will meet at anytime and he is great. They do not finance through the office but there are several different option for financing.
She is always willing to discuss this with me. With my IVF we did 2 3 day embryos because of my age but we discussed at length the risks and benefits of 1 vs 2
Sioux Falls

I’m so happy that I found Dr. Christiansen. He was a pleasure to work with. He was very genuine during all my encounters with him. He made sure to answer all my questions and ensured I understood everything that was happening with each visit. He also made sure to follow up with written instructions after every visit. He made the process as easy as it possibly could be...We first tried pills to help, along with a trigger/ovulation injection. Followed by intercourse. After 2 unsuccessful months, he recommended IUI. Same pills and trigger shot, but manual placement of my husbands semen. After 2 unsuccessful months, Dr C recommended IVF. They retrieved 10 eggs from me. 7 of them fertilized. 3 of them made it to day 5. At that point, we elected to do genetic testing. 1 was completely normal, 1 was mosaic, and 1 was abnormal. IN December we transferred the one healthy embryo. It resulted in a positive pregnancy. Unfortunately I miscarried at 19 weeks on April 14th due to a weakened cervix.
The IVF costs [at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] (ultrasounds, bloodwork, procedures, etc) was around $20,000...The only weakness - when needing to go over financial information it was done right in the waiting room where anybody could over hear. I’d prefer that we would be able to discuss finances in an office with a door... They retrieved 10 eggs from me. 7 of them fertilized. 3 of them made it to day 5. At that point, we elected to do genetic testing. 1 was completely normal, 1 was mosaic, and 1 was abnormal. IN December we transferred the one healthy embryo. It resulted in a positive pregnancy. Unfortunately I miscarried at 19 weeks on April 14th due to a weakened cervix.
He thoroughly listened with every meeting we had. I felt as if though I was his only patient. Very thorough with instructions verbally, then followed up with an email which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The IVF costs (ultrasounds, bloodwork, procedures, etc) was around $20,000.

2012 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Keith Hansen] is so welcoming. Friendly. Makes you feel at ease and not nervous. Easy to talk to and ask questions. Does not talk over your head!! Gives great info but not too much info. Explains risks but not in a scary way...We tried clomid with times intercourse for 4 cycles. No pregnancies. Keith recommend us to try another route by gave us the option to be as aggressive as we liked. We tried 3 IUI's with clomid. No pregnancies. We didn't want to continue to waste time and money and he said if we were ready then IVF next route.
They [Sanford - Sioux Falls] are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule...15,000-18,000 with medications included in that...[Nurses] Friendly. Super easy to ask questions and always responsive. Didn't make you feel out of place. Made you feel like you were right at home and so passionate!! 😄 Cared about how doing and YOU
He is so welcoming. Friendly. Makes you feel at ease and not nervous. Easy to talk to and ask questions. Does not talk over your head!! Gives great info but not too much info. Explains risks but not in a scary way
He is great!! You will feel right at home!
Very friendly, talks real but not over your head. Gives the perfect amount of info! Makes you welcomed
We tried clomid with times intercourse for 4 cycles. No pregnancies. Keith recommend us to try another route by gave us the option to be as aggressive as we liked. We tried 3 IUI's with clomid. No pregnancies. We didn't want to continue to waste time and money and he said if we were ready then IVF next route. We did shots along with IVF. We conceived on first round!
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
They are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule.
15,000-18,000 with medications included in that.
He told us it was our choice. Due to age and our history. Unexplained infertility, he seemed like 2 was a good options for us. He doesn't recommend over 2
Sioux Falls

He [Dr. Hansen] was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures....We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI....
I would send anybody to this clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med]. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person....They were always comforting and compassionate. Made sure all of our questions were answered every visit and comfortable with the treatment.... They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
He was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures. We had already been through a lot before going to Dr. Hansen and felt like he was the right choice for us.
Dr. Hansen truly cares for each patient.
All the staff were very warm and comforting. They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI. We also switched to Clomid when starting the IUI cycles. After that resulted in no pregnancy after a couple cycles we agreed that it was best to do a diagnostic laparoscopy in which they found endometriosis. After my body healed we went back to IUI with no pregnancy after a couple more cycles they recommended moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Schmidt)
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I would send anybody to this clinic. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person.
I thought the costs were reasonable. Our insurance did not cover a lot but I knew that going into treatment. I thought the price of IUI was fair.
Sioux Falls
Doctor VonWald was always so caring and went over the entire process into detail with me. She answered any questions I had and made my feel at ease and give me hope. I wasn't just a number-I was a person that she truly cared about helping.... Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was. If something didn't go how originally planned, a new plan was set in place. I felt like I was in good hands that cared about our end goal-having a baby.
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.... The total amount for IVF was about $20,000... Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was.
Anyone going through infertility, I always tell them that it is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and to always have a person to be able to vent to or get emotions off your chest with.
She watched closely over the dosage of shots to stimulate my ovaries. They took a while to respond, so dosages were increased and lots of ultrasounds were done to make sure I didn't overstimulate
They were so caring and helpful!
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.
The total amount for IVF was about $20,000
My embryos were in great quality and she recommended just transferring one embryo.
Sioux Falls

Dr. Von Wald is great. Honest, compassionate, and you can tell she loves what she does! I have had excellent care, and have hope that we will be able to have a baby with the help of this great team ... Very caring and compassionate, she is blunt and honest but still helpful and considerate of your feelings ... Our protocol has been metformin, myo-inisotol, cinnamon, Femara with Ovidrel. I did well on this protocol, no issues. ...
The clinic [Sandford Fertility and Repro Med] is great, we have had a great experience so far. They have great doctors and great staff. You can't possibly go to a better clinic. Even though we live 3 hours away, it is well worth it, they also offer telehealth and home clinic monitoring which is great! ... The nursing staff is great, very helpful and get back to you promptly if you have questions.
Sanford is a fabulous clinic, Dr. Von Wald is great. Honest, compassionate, and you can tell she loves what she does! I have had excellent care, and have hope that we will be able to have a baby with the help of this great team
Be open to trying something different, they may suggest a lot of diagnostic testing, even if you have already had it, do it again! They may find different results
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is great, we have had a great experience so far. They have great doctors and great staff. You can't possibly go to a better clinic. Even though we live 3 hours away, it is well worth it, they also offer telehealth and home clinic monitoring which is great!
I have great insurance, so my medication and diagnostic testing, blood work and ultrasounds has all been covered. We are awaiting a surgical bill, but we haven't had much to pay out of pocket

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Von Wald] was very kind and helpful in explaining course of action. She took time to get to know our story instead of just reading a history in the medical chart. She has a great team working with her and is always available for questions....We started with letrozole and menopur and then a trigger shot for ovulation. After a couple cycles we started using dexamethasone to speed the cycle. They have been very patient with my cycles
Staff [Sanford Fertility & Repro Med] is great. Being surrounded by kind and caring people during this time is such a comfort. They communicate clearly and often and listen to your needs and respect your plan. Billing is easy to understand and keep up with.... Very kind and knowledgeable, helped answer questions when I had them and listened to my concerns or frustrations.
She was very kind and helpful in explaining course of action. She took time to get to know our story instead of just reading a history in the medical chart. She has a great team working with her and is always available for questions.
She's very willing to answer questions, so come with all of them :)
She takes the time to visit with us and explain each step and ask for our feedback.
We started with letrozole and menopur and then a trigger shot for ovulation. After a couple cycles we started using dexamethasone to speed the cycle. They have been very patient with my cycles and attentive to my needs and the plan my husband and I have.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Staff is great. Being surrounded by kind and caring people during this time is such a comfort. They communicate clearly and often and listen to your needs and respect your plan. Billing is easy to understand and keep up with.
My husband and I chose not to pursue IVF or insemination. We had costs for each appointment and ultrasound, and then medication. Our insurance covered a significant amount of those costs.

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hansen would sit and talk to us for hours and answering all our questions we had. He treated us like we were family...Dr Hansen is very sympathetic person. He wants the best results for every single patient of his. He would explain things to us in ways we could understand. He also has a way of making us relax in a stressful process...I was diagnosed with PCOS, so I produce a lot of eggs. he had me on a protocol to produce less eggs but of higher quality. Instead of a ton of eggs at Ok-ish quality.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits [at Sanford]-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800...They [nurses at Sanford] are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people...They have expanded they're clinic to help accommodate the rising infertility issues. More staff, more rooms, ect
Ask questions, he will sit for hours until you have no more questions. He will never make you feel like he is in a hurry and needs to be somewhere else.
They are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800
dr. Hansen, my husband and I all decided together to do 1 embryo transfers based on the high quality embryo and genetically tested normal to help reduce multiples or miscarriages.
Sioux Falls

He [Dr. Keith Hansen] was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
They [the nursing staff at Sanford] were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me... My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. ... I used menopur, hcg, gonal f, and centricide. I didn't end up pregnant but my body responded well to the meds and had16 eggs retrieved.
He was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
Don't give up
He was easy to talk to and took the time to make sure we fully understood everything. He was gentle with his responses, upfront and honest.
The were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me
My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. My first one was October 2016 and was unsuccessful. My next will be June 2017
2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him....I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality....We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect....
Excellent nursing staff [at Sanford]! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things...Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures....Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him.
Know what you are getting into, do research, talk about treatment with other people who have gone through it. All of that will help when meeting with the doctor.
We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect.
I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality. I took Menopur and Bravelle at highest dosages. Dr. Hansen retrieved 10 eggs, two were fractured and not usable for IVF. He used ICSI to inseminate 8 eggs. Two high quality, 5 day embryos were transferred. One implanted. None of the other embryos were of good enough quality to freeze.
Excellent nursing staff! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things.
Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures.
Sioux Falls
[Dr. Von Wald] Very patient, explains things well. Gave us all options available, went over pros and cons of each. Gave her full recommendation as to what to try first and to do next. Ensures that we know all the steps that will be taken....Each cycle we would up the dosage depending on how last cycle went. She made sure I was feeling fine with the drugs.... Just know it’s going to be a bit of information overload.... Remembers life events
Ease of making appointments. Pretty flexible with appointments. All people [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] show great compassion. People start to get to know you by name. Get stopped in the hall for small chat. Everything is very thorough.... [Cost Of Treatment] IUI-$2,000-2,500 each cycle, meds depending. IVF-$17,000-20,000, meds depending.... [Nursing Staff] All very kind and helpful.... Remembers life events
Just know it’s going to be a bit of information overload.
Remembers life events
All very kind and helpful.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Ease of making appointments. Pretty flexible with appointments. All people show great compassion. People start to get to know you by name. Get stopped in the hall for small chat. Everything is very thorough.
She suggests 1 is 2 depending on how many fertilized embryos we can get.
Sioux Falls

He [Dr. Hansen] was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed...Carefully explained everything with us. didn't treat us like just another patient....Just basic Ivf procedures. Medications didnt get adjusted. My body was doing what it was suppose to.
The clinics [Sanford] strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends...nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
He was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed.
Just ask questions, they will answer them.
nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinics strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends.
Normal cost,
Sioux Falls

She [Dr. Von Wald] explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next. Asked us if we had questions. She answered our questions. She was a nice, kind doctor. She knew what she was talking about and doing....Her strengths were she explained everything in an a way we could understand. She knew the answers to ou r questions. She explained everything in detail. She answered all our questions. She didn't have any weaknesses.
Clinic [Sanford] employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them....Nursing staff was kind, informational, answered all our questions. The nursing staff knew what they were doing and talking about....She [Dr. Von Wald] explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next.
She explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next. Asked us if we had questions. She answered our questions. She was a nice, kind doctor. She knew what she was talking about and doing.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them.
Normal price
Sioux Falls

[Dr. Tiffany Von Wald] has been amazing to work with! She is so kind and caring and cares what you have to say! She always took the time to listen to our concerns and knew how to help us...when we first walked in knew who I was as an individual she knew all about my past and everything. I felt like I had been seeing her my entire life. She was always willing to listen and help us out. She is beyond amazing...We used letrozole for all of my rounds but one and menopure shots about 4 of those and the trigger shot.
This clinic [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] probably has weakness but I have not experienced any! Every time I go in I am treated with respect and kindness. I honestly love going to see them. Even if I get bad news. The receptionist knows me by name and always remembers things we talked about like two weeks ago...The other day I absolutely needed to be seen so we could do iui this round. Due to the weather I wasn’t able to make it. Katie made sure I could get an ultrasound in Mitchell and set up a video chat with my doctor.
Dr.vonwald when we first walked in knew who I was as an individual she knew all about my past and everything. I felt like I had been seeing her my entire life. She was always willing to listen and help us out. She is beyond amazing
Take notes, go in with an open mind.
Dr.vonwald has been amazing to work with! She is so kind and caring and cares what you have to say! She always took the time to listen to our concerns and knew how to help us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic probably has weakness but I have not experienced any! Every time I go in I am treated with respect and kindness. I honestly love going to see them. Even if I get bad news. The receptionist knows me by name and always remembers things we talked about like two weeks ago.
Since insurance doesn’t cover infertility I had lots of lab bills, ultrasound and office visit bills. I had a hsg done and they didn’t cover any of that. Medicine such as shot was crazy