7.3
7.3

1500 W 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105

He [Dr. Hansen] was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures....We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI....
I would send anybody to this clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med]. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person....They were always comforting and compassionate. Made sure all of our questions were answered every visit and comfortable with the treatment.... They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
He was very knowledgeable and understanding. Answered all of my questions fully so both I and my husband could understand the situation and procedures. We had already been through a lot before going to Dr. Hansen and felt like he was the right choice for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Hansen truly cares for each patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
All the staff were very warm and comforting. They remembered who you were and what you've been through.
Describe the protocols Keith Hansen used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We first started out on lower dose Letrozole, that wasn't producing what he wanted so we increased the doasge and I had started feeling nauseous so they also included a medication to help with that. Tried that for a couple cycles before moving on to IUI. We also switched to Clomid when starting the IUI cycles. After that resulted in no pregnancy after a couple cycles we agreed that it was best to do a diagnostic laparoscopy in which they found endometriosis. After my body healed we went back to IUI with no pregnancy after a couple more cycles they recommended moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Schmidt)
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I would send anybody to this clinic. Everyone from the receptionist to the ultrasound techs to the Doctors are warm, comforting and compassionate. They truly want a positive outcome from every person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Hansen at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the costs were reasonable. Our insurance did not cover a lot but I knew that going into treatment. I thought the price of IUI was fair.
Sioux Falls

[Dr. Dahl] Was unreasonably optimistic and quoted statistics that were incorrect. Explained risks of treatments and was empathetic. Didn’t have good continuity of care due to clinic set up, which made it difficult to develop rapport with individual providers.... One doctor at the clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med] didn’t stop a medication after I reported a major adverse effect. A second doctor did stop the medication. Clinic charged me for services I didn’t have. Clinic failed to send all of my records to another clinic.
I was billed for over $1000 of services that I didn’t receive. The clinic never apologized but after I challenged this, they did refund the money. I never felt that any of the doctors understood my case or took the lead in developing a treatment protocol because I would often see a different doctor from visit to visit. This clinic missed an important that a consult with another clinic picked up on at the first consult. I wonder if the treatments at Sanford didn’t work because they didn’t have the correct diagnosis.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Check your bill carefully to determine if you have had the services you are being billed for.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Was rude when needed to call on call. Respectful and personable in clinic.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid, has hyperstimulation with it, cycle was cancelled
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Nursing staff were generally prompt in replies to messages. One nurse was somewhat rude when rooming me.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
One doctor at the clinic didn’t stop a medication after I reported a major adverse effect. A second doctor did stop the medication. Clinic charged me for services I didn’t have. Clinic failed to send all of my records to another clinic.
Stephanie Dahl
Sioux Falls
Doctor VonWald was always so caring and went over the entire process into detail with me. She answered any questions I had and made my feel at ease and give me hope. I wasn't just a number-I was a person that she truly cared about helping.... Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was. If something didn't go how originally planned, a new plan was set in place. I felt like I was in good hands that cared about our end goal-having a baby.
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.... The total amount for IVF was about $20,000... Dr. Von Wald helped make a very stressful situation better by communicating what was going on and what the plan of attack was.
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Anyone going through infertility, I always tell them that it is a rollercoaster ride of emotions and to always have a person to be able to vent to or get emotions off your chest with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Tiffany Von Wald used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She watched closely over the dosage of shots to stimulate my ovaries. They took a while to respond, so dosages were increased and lots of ultrasounds were done to make sure I didn't overstimulate
They were so caring and helpful!
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
All the staff, especially front desk, were so caring and nice. They always were so helpful and returned your call if you ever had any questions. The clinic is clean and inviting. Parking is a little busy at times, but there is free valet parking offered.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The total amount for IVF was about $20,000
Describe Tiffany Von Wald's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
My embryos were in great quality and she recommended just transferring one embryo.
Tiffany Von Wald

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hansen would sit and talk to us for hours and answering all our questions we had. He treated us like we were family...Dr Hansen is very sympathetic person. He wants the best results for every single patient of his. He would explain things to us in ways we could understand. He also has a way of making us relax in a stressful process...I was diagnosed with PCOS, so I produce a lot of eggs. he had me on a protocol to produce less eggs but of higher quality. Instead of a ton of eggs at Ok-ish quality.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits [at Sanford]-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800...They [nurses at Sanford] are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people...They have expanded they're clinic to help accommodate the rising infertility issues. More staff, more rooms, ect
Ask questions, he will sit for hours until you have no more questions. He will never make you feel like he is in a hurry and needs to be somewhere else.
They are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800
Describe Keith Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
dr. Hansen, my husband and I all decided together to do 1 embryo transfers based on the high quality embryo and genetically tested normal to help reduce multiples or miscarriages.
2013 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hansen is very knowledgeable, and definitely has a lot of experience. Overall, I think he is good at what he does. But he didn't seem to want to think outside the box for our situation. To a certain extent, I think he was trying to protect us financially, but we wanted a child more than anything and were willing to pay for it.... After a retrieval, I wished he would have come talk to me (and not just my husband) to let me know how it had gone.
This [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
Be ready for the rollercoaster that is ART.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
This is the only clinic in the area that does ART -- so options are limited. I think the doctors are good at what they do, but we had significant issues with billing. For one cycle we overpaid nearly $7000, and had to fight with the clinic to get it back. We had similar issues on subsequent cycles, but because of this experience I refused to prepay. They would have never brought it to our attention if I hadn't caught the discrepancy between our EOBs and clinic statements. So watch this, as it can happen.
Sioux Falls

He [Dr. Hansen] was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed...Carefully explained everything with us. didn't treat us like just another patient....Just basic Ivf procedures. Medications didnt get adjusted. My body was doing what it was suppose to.
The clinics [Sanford] strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends...nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
He was Nice, told jokes, made you feel comfortable. listened to what are concerns were. We never had a bad experience with him. Explained procedures, what was happening while he was doing the procedures. He gave us options after IVF failed.
Just ask questions, they will answer them.
nursing staff was nice, easily accessible to answer our questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
The clinics strengths were they were friendly, accessible, and easy to make appointments. Their Weaknesses would be calling you were put on hold or someone had to call you back. Receptionist were nice and friendly, after you've been their a few times they knew your name, talked extra with you, they kind of became like friends.
Normal cost,
Sioux Falls

She [Dr. Von Wald] explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next. Asked us if we had questions. She answered our questions. She was a nice, kind doctor. She knew what she was talking about and doing....Her strengths were she explained everything in an a way we could understand. She knew the answers to ou r questions. She explained everything in detail. She answered all our questions. She didn't have any weaknesses.
Clinic [Sanford] employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them....Nursing staff was kind, informational, answered all our questions. The nursing staff knew what they were doing and talking about....She [Dr. Von Wald] explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next.
She explained everything to us, our results, what was going to happen next. Asked us if we had questions. She answered our questions. She was a nice, kind doctor. She knew what she was talking about and doing.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic employee's were nice and accommodating. Made you feel welcomed. Were nice and greeted us when we walked into the clinic.We had a short wait time. Knew us by our names after awhile. Easy check in with them.
Normal price
Tiffany Von Wald
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Keith Hansen] was direct and easy to understand. He was also motivated toward success. But he didn't listen to what we wanted and he refused to dig deeper and seek a solution that didn't include IVF. In Sioux Falls you can't get IUI anywhere else ananywhere else and it felt like he knew he had the power to dictate our treatment plan.... He wouldn't sign off on a medicated cycle or IUI. He wouldn't let us try anything except IVF, even though our test results are very controversial as to their conclusivness. We also told him we aren't comfortable with IVF and ignored that.
It's [Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Med] the only option here. It's a nice clinic and the staff is kind, and I know the associated hospital is top quality, but there doesn't feel like much choice involved. A little competition migbt increase their customer service. Dr. Hansen is the biggest weakness, he had a myopic approach.... We were upfront about not wanting IVF and I mentioned if we were ever to change our mind I wouldn't want to have excess embryos on hand or have a quad pregnancy. He very matter of factly stated to make the procedure cost effective for couples like us, large egg retrevials and multiple embryo transfers were necessary to avoid the cost of multiple procedures and to increase success rates. He didn't care about our comfort or morality, just cost.
He was direct and easy to understand. He was also motivated toward success. But he didn't listen to what we wanted and he refused to dig deeper and seek a solution that didn't include IVF. In Sioux Falls you can't get IUI anywhere else ananywhere else and it felt like he knew he had the power to dictate our treatment plan.
If you have limits see Van Wold instead. Always plan for IVF to be a part of his plan of action.
We were very upfront about our limits and what were wanted to avoid. He pushed right through those. He was only willing to try IVF, he had no other suggestions or options for us. He wouldn't consider and alternate route.
We didn't get to move forward with treatment. He wouldn't sign off on a medicated cycle or IUI. He wouldn't let us try anything except IVF, even though our test results are very controversial as to their conclusivness. We also told him we aren't comfortable with IVF and ignored that.
They were kind and efficient.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
It's the only option here. It's a nice clinic and the staff is kind, and I know the associated hospital is top quality, but there doesn't feel like much choice involved. A little competition migbt increase their customer service. Dr. Hansen is the biggest weakness, he had a myopic approach.
I don't remember. A couple hundred dollars I think. Billing was pretty easy, the sperm analysis billing was weird. If you paid right away you got a huge discount but I didn't pay Sanford, it was a 3rd party.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I just felt unheard and thrown out. We were told IVF was our only chance at ever conceiving. After we said we didnt want IVF.
Sioux Falls

He [Dr. Keith Hansen] was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
They [the nursing staff at Sanford] were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me... My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. ... I used menopur, hcg, gonal f, and centricide. I didn't end up pregnant but my body responded well to the meds and had16 eggs retrieved.
He was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
Don't give up
He was easy to talk to and took the time to make sure we fully understood everything. He was gentle with his responses, upfront and honest.
The were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me
My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. My first one was October 2016 and was unsuccessful. My next will be June 2017

2013 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He has compassion. He does not see you every time- just for consults and then his NPs do the rest.
No one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans...they want to get in and get out to finish their day.
he has compassion. he does not see you every time- just for consults and then his NPs do the rest. But then he gets to charge you another consult when you are "finished" with that phase of treatments- like we did IUI then after that didn't work we have to pay 600 dollars for another consult to discuss IVF (which we had initially discussed ivf after iui if it didn't work).
overall we had a good experience, but we are still in the process and going to be starting ivf- at another facility since their numbers are not good.
I barely was seen by Dr. HAnsen himself. mostly seen by his nurse practitioners. I felt as though they made me feel less like a number than a human- but they are still a doctors office and this is routine for them- they want to get in and get out to finish their day. the nurses at the office were less warm and fuzzy, and the secretaries (better now) but in 2013 when we started the treatment, they were not helpful and very grumpy.
nothing really- no one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans.
2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him....I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality....We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect....
Excellent nursing staff [at Sanford]! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things...Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures....Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him.
Know what you are getting into, do research, talk about treatment with other people who have gone through it. All of that will help when meeting with the doctor.
We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect.
I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality. I took Menopur and Bravelle at highest dosages. Dr. Hansen retrieved 10 eggs, two were fractured and not usable for IVF. He used ICSI to inseminate 8 eggs. Two high quality, 5 day embryos were transferred. One implanted. None of the other embryos were of good enough quality to freeze.
Excellent nursing staff! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things.
Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures.