Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1111 Harwood Drive South
Fargo, ND 58104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

They [the nurses at Sanford Reproductive Med-Fargo] are wonderful. they use an app that allows me to correspond with them through emailing and they always respond within an hour or two to every question that I have. They are also available by phone and very compassionate and all friendly.... I have always been helped probably and with ease at the women's clinic at Sanford Medical Center. The only inconvenience is my ultrasound appointments and lab work are over at the hospital and then my telemed visits are at the clinic so it's a lot of back and forth between the two buildings on the days that I have appointments.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I don't go directly to the clinic that Dr Christensen is at due to he is in Fargo but he works with the Sanford Clinic here in Bismarck North Dakota. I have always been helped probably and with ease at the women's clinic at Sanford Medical Center. The only inconvenience is my ultrasound appointments and lab work are over at the hospital and then my telemed visits are at the clinic so it's a lot of back and forth between the two buildings on the days that I have appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
His staff and himself are very quick to respond to any question and we're always available after hours if there was any problems.
They are wonderful. they use an app that allows me to correspond with them through emailing and they always respond within an hour or two to every question that I have. They are also available by phone and very compassionate and all friendly.
How was your experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I have been with Dr. Christensen for a couple months. I have been through infertility treatment for 5 years and having him as a Dr. Has been a blessing. I only wish I would have started with him sooner. He covers absolutely every detail and makes sure you understand moving forward. I would say the only downfall is he is long distance for me but telemedicine has made it very easy to still have that patient doctor relationship.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you write down all your questions, he is very good about answering everything.
Describe the protocols Steffen Christensen used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have only done one round of treatment with Dr. Christensen as I just switched to him. We meant in person at a consultation where we discussed everything we have done and any issues that had happened before. He explained all my options and gave his professional opinion on what he felt would be the best options for us. We decided to do an IUI cycle with injections, menopur, this would be our 6th but our first with him. During the process over that month. I had several questions and he always responded back in a timely manner and was very helpful. We had appointments every couple days, we would first do an ultrasound and then meet with Dr Christensen via telemed and then follow up with labs to check my estrogen and progesterone levels to make sure I did not hyper stimulate with the injections. I really appreciate it how thorough he was with every step and every appointment. I felt like things were missed in the past with our years of fertility treatment. when it became time for the actual IUI procedure we seen dr. Klemin at Sanford Women's Health Center. This is standard because Dr Christensen is 3 hours away from the town that we live in. We did have the choice to drive there and have the procedure done there but he recommended that the staff was very good at the clinic here and we had no reason to worry or feel the need to travel to him. A few days after the procedure we started progesterone and did the long two week wait and unfortunately I started my cycle. Of course we were disappointed but we knew this was a chance of this happening and we've experienced it five times prior to that. Dr Christensen and his staff were extremely supportive and compassionate with the cycle not working for us and have recommended IVF moving forward we are considering it it's just the initial expense that we have to save up for to be able to do this procedure. he went through every step of the process with us and made us feel very comfortable and if we do pursue this in the future we will be doing it with Dr Christensen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
His clinic excepts my health insurance so one my deductible is meant, I'm required to pay 20% of any appointments, procedures and medications.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

The nurses [Sanford Repro Med] have a 24 hour response time, which can be frustrating when treatment is so time sensitive.... This clinic is the only one in the area, and they take advantage of it. Treatment cost is 2-3x average and success rates are below average. We did IUIs there but are planning on traveling for IVF. I only saw my main provider, DR Cain a couple of times, otherwise I saw whatever NP or Dr that was available.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is the only one in the area, and they take advantage of it. Treatment cost is 2-3x average and success rates are below average. We did IUIs there but are planning on traveling for IVF. I only saw my main provider, DR Cain a couple of times, otherwise I saw whatever NP or Dr that was available. They all follow the same protocols and patients aren’t really treated as individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and friendly. Particularly the ultrasound tech and phlebotomist stand out as providing great care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Very generic treatment. Questions were answered with “most people”, “usually this happens”, etc rather than giving individual care or testing to confirm expectations.
The nurses have a 24 hour response time, which can be frustrating when treatment is so time sensitive.
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cain was friendly and a pleasant doctor. She ordered infectious disease testing that I had already done in my past, and the results were in my record. Which was a large waste of money. I did 3 medicated IUIs with 5mg of femara with no pregnancies. I do not feel that that enough monitoring was done. I asked several times for testing to confirm when exactly I was ovulating, which was denied. She recommended continuing the same protocol, where I felt it was time to move on to other options, further testing, etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Do a lot of research on your own and have an idea of how many times you want to repeat procedures before moving on.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Cain repeated the same protocol for me. I ovulate on my own. Our only known issue is moderate male factor, 3% morphology, 20% motility. I ovulated 2-3 eggs on 5mg femara. Ovidrel trigger shot when follicles were mature and IUI 36 hours later. I did not get pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
IUI was a total of $2,000-$2,500/cycle
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I have not discussed IvF with Dr Cain. We are planning on doing Ivf with a different clinic, but will monitored at her clinic.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

The doctors and nurses [Sanford Repro Med] were amazing, very personable, willing to answer any questions, prompt in replying to questions or giving information mid cycle after monitoring appointments. The billing staff is a nightmare to work with. I have been going back and forth with them for about 9 months now. During one of my first appointments I was told they do not like to bill my insurance because they can be difficult to bill through their online billing system
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The doctors and nurses were amazing, very personable, willing to answer any questions, prompt in replying to questions or giving information mid cycle after monitoring appointments. The billing staff is a nightmare to work with. I have been going back and forth with them for about 9 months now. During one of my first appointments I was told they do not like to bill my insurance because they can be difficult to bill through their online billing system and if they don't pay it is their choice to bill or not to bill. I was confused by this but they have billed them with out any issue. The issue that keeps arising is that I have two insurances and when they bill my secondary that not attaching the EOB from my primary insurance so the secondary is denying the claim even though it is a covered benefit. If you use the clinic be sure to stay on top of the billing and don't hesitate to call to get ti sorted out. They are not your friend when it comes to billing and they will send a bill if your insurance denies a claim due to a filing error on their part. This has happened to me many times and I have resorted to speaking directly with a billing supervisor to sort it all out.
The doctor and staff always remembered who I was, what was currently going on for the cycle, and even small details like what I was going to be doing the previous weekend. They were very personable and made me feel like I was the only patient there.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were very quick to respond to any questions I had, updated me with a message through the online system promptly after test results came in, and always remember small details. They were not as forth coming about where to get cheaper medications and rather only directed me to one pharmacy that I learned later was much more expensive that I needed to be spending.
Dr. Christensen was always patient to answer any questions I had, described why he was prescribing/planning they cycle and gave me all the details of what to expect. He is very personable, interested in more than just getting another patients. I had him for my consult as well at during many appointments. He was very detailed in the consult, he took time to read over my chart, ask questions and create a plan for moving forward with more fertility treatments. I always left appointments after seeing him feeling confident in what we were doing as far as treatment.
Listen to what he has to say and don't be afraid to ask questions.
We did timed intercourse and one IUI cycle with just femara initially. Once that didn't work we added in gonal-f and ovidrel. Since I have a high AMH he started with lower does of the meds to avoid creating too many follicles, as that wasn't working he would adjust the doses and when they were given.
An IUI cycle was roughly $1,500 with monitoring (medication were extra). They actual procedure and sperm wash was about $550.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Nursing staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you...They charge what I’ve seen a lot of places charge. Nothing outrageous but not the cheapest either...Very fast to get referrals and everything you need done to ease that stress on you. Takes a ew days to hear back with questions directly to doctors. Nursing staff is amazing. Doctor me are very knowledgeable and eager to help to achieve pregnancy in the least invasive/expensive way for you.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dahl is very great about calling you personally to talk about any questions you have. They are also very quick to getting treatment started and working around your schedule.
Nursing staff is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She is very quick to start treatment. Was very good about answering questions. We are dealing with male infertility as well as female and she set us up with a urologist she liked and we are now able to move forward with our treatments again. My only complaint is it can take a few days to hear back when you ask a question. Other than that I love the clinic in Fargo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Go in with all the questions you have and don’t be afraid to ask. These doctors are here to help you and you should be comfortable to ask those difficult questions.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did a ton of lab work and uktrasound. Did a semin analysis on the first visit as well. Scheduled another HSG since it’s been over a year since my last one. Started with promethium to induce cycle, ultrasound cycle day 3, femara 5mg cd 4-8, Menopur 75iu days 9-12, folicules can day 13 and ovidril trigger if ready, timed intercourse or iui and progesterone suppositories in the two week wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
This clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is super clean and nice. They don’t allow children which is super understandable. So if you have any children arrange childcare ahead of time. Also everything you need is in that clinic. They do the SA right there and ultrasounds ect. ... She is always so helpful and prompt to get questions answered and forms needed for insurance done. ... Because we did timed intercourse I would pay for meds and my insurance covered scans and visits.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is super clean and nice. They don’t allow children which is super understandable. So if you have any children arrange childcare ahead of time. Also everything you need is in that clinic. They do the SA right there and ultrasounds ect.
Dr Christensen is very compassionate and caring. Listens to my concerns and answers all my questions. His goal is to get me a baby by the end of the year and is being aggresive with treatment. I like that!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
He is so kind and compassionate. He knows we have been trying almost two years since our loss and is getting more aggressive with treatment to give us the outcome we want. I have PCOS and most doctors I’ve seen is always scared because I have 30 antrial follicles on each ovary at baseline scan. But he isn’t scared to up my dosage just enough to eat a coupe more follicles to grow. We normally only get two good ones after 10 days of injections. He is hoping for 4 this cycle.
Always be open and honest and don’t be scared to ask your questions.
We started it with femara days 3-7 and the menopur 75iu daily until eggs were ready. I always had two but never conceived. I then had laparoscopy and then started straight menopur cycles. Cycle one we started at 75 iu for one week and no growth, then 150 iu for 4 days. No growth. Then 225 iu for 4 days. I then had 9 12 mm follicles. My estrogen was super high and my body surged on its own. Cancelled cycle and afterfliw showed up a week later. Second cycle 150 iu for a week. 2 follicles at 16 mm. 150 iu two more days and then triggered with 2-21 mm. Timed intercourse day of trigger and the next two days. BFN. Cycle number 3. 225 iu mneopure cd 5-7. Then 150 iu cd 8-12. Have my scan the next day. He expects I’ll be ready to trigger cd 14. 🤞🏻
Fargo

The clinic [Sanford Repro Med] was very quick about getting you in on a timely manner they have a very nice and calming space it seems very private and was easily accessible for parking some weakness is may include lack of doctors lack of communication loss progress of treatments and last time spent answering questions... The nursing staff was much better than doctor Kane they would ask questions about how things are going and actually showed interests and compassion when cycles didn't work
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very quick about getting you in on a timely manner they have a very nice and calming space it seems very private and was easily accessible for parking some weakness is may include lack of doctors lack of communication loss progress of treatments and last time spent answering questions
I felt like my questions were never accurately answered and I always felt rushed in-and-out of the clinic like there were so many other people that she needed to see I also was scolded on multiple occasions regarding asking questions about different medications
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Kane seemed like she had a lot of knowledge however she was not willing to share that information with us when we asked questions we felt as if my questions were brushed to the side she made a lot of jokes about the money that she made and enjoying time in her hot tub after our appointment was over she also made recurrent jokes about we might alredy be pregnant even though my husband and I knew that we weren't during our appointments she was very Blunt she told me I was overweight which I am about 5 to 10 pounds overweight she also mentioned to me that it was my fault the treatments weren't working because I wasn't fully understanding how to use the medication every time questions were asked I would felt scolded and this enabled me to switch doctors
If you like sarcasm and you're out of very good place with your infertility journey Christine Caine is probably very knowledgeable if you already feel like you know a lot of information and you don't have many questions she may be a great doctor for you however if you like to ask questions about small details or if you don't understand why treatments are not working she is not one to give you explanations and to sit down with you and figure out or troubleshoot a different way to provide services and help you meet that end result of holding a precious baby in your arms
The protocol is very similar to many clinics in the US 1st she completed a medical history of both my husband and I followed by an HSG and semen analysis's from my husband labs were also taken for blood after all of this information was gathered we had a consultation to discuss the findings and our next steps we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility and our next steps are to begin medicated cycles with timed intercourse appointments were hauled from the 1st 1 to 3 days of your cycle and tell cycle days 9 through 12 where they could monitor the egg size and determine when to do the trigger shot and timed intercourse follow ups are performed after unsuccessful cycles And trouble shooting was completed through mostly questions of the patient
Most of the medicated cycles were covered by my insurance minus a small co-pay I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to required additional labs and for ever yet other time was closer to $2500 IVF was upwards of $20000

2012 - 2017
the nursing staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] was ok. I remember one of them telling me it was ok to drink at my sisters wedding that weekend when I had one of my IUI treatments. The last thing on my mind was to get drunk at my sisters wedding when all I was wanting was to have a baby. ... I started out with clomid but my lining was thin so I was switched to another med but I cant remember the name. My lining was still thin so we started injectable medication. Follistum and did this for 3 months. Everything seemed to be good but I didn't get pregnancy so we did the follistum with an IUI for 3 months and still no pregnancy. We decided to take a break and ended up getting pregnant on our own.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
very professional looking. makes you feel comfortable. they do ask that you not bring any children which is helpful for many
he is so personable. Even though we didn't have success in 2012, I recently just met with him to restart some treatments
the nursing staff was ok. I remember one of them telling me it was ok to drink at my sisters wedding that weekend when I had one of my IUI treatments. The last thing on my mind was to get drunk at my sisters wedding when all I was wanting was to have a baby. I could have done without that advice
Dr. Steffen Christensen is very personable and makes you feel like he really cares about you. In 2012, I went through some treatments and they were unsuccessful. I know that he would adjust my treatments each month. It was very frustrating to continually have a negative test but Dr Christensen always keep it positive. We ended up pausing our treatments due to having insurance that didn't cover anything. One this that was very nice was that many time Dr C would give us free samples of some of the injectable medication. This was very helpful to us at the time.
He is an awesome Dr and very personable. This is a stressful time and he helps to put you at ease.
I started out with clomid but my lining was thin so I was switched to another med but I cant remember the name. My lining was still thin so we started injectable medication. Follistum and did this for 3 months. Everything seemed to be good but I didn't get pregnancy so we did the follistum with an IUI for 3 months and still no pregnancy. We decided to take a break and ended up getting pregnant on our own. We will be starting with the injectable medication again as soon as I start my cycle. We will not be doing the IUI as he doesn't think I have a problem getting pregnant. Had a miscarriage a year ago. He thinks it a quality of egg issue. I'm not ready to do IVF.
the main cost I remember was the injectable medications and the going to many ultrasounds per cycle. The IUI was also expensive and needed to be paid before the procedure
Describe Steffen Christensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
none

2013 - 2016
The clinic [Sanford - Fargo] is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful...The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI...The nurses always communicated with me very thoroughly. I never had to wait long for an answer to a question or a test result.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
She always knew who I was, why I was there, what my history was
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cain was always professional and honest. She took the time to familiarize herself with my history at each visit. She was compassionate and encouraging. She talked to me on a level I could understand, never condescending. I felt comfortable and confident under her care.
Ask lots of questions. She will take the time to explain as many times as needed.
Dr Cain started out conservatively with my first IVF cycle. She noted that I always responded well to femara, so she was confident about getting enough good quality eggs without over stimulating. Bravelle + Menopur for follicle stimulation, then Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, and Novarel trigger. Menopur dosage was increased a little when my blood estrogen levels were low in the beginning. I used crinone for progesterone. She chose She recommended ICSI, as I was older and evidently older eggs can be difficult for the sperm to penetrate. She retrieved 9 eggs, all 9 fertilized. We transferred two on day 5, and froze 3. Both embryos implanted, but one was blighted ovum. I had a healthy single pregnancy and a full term live birth. Two years later, we did a frozen transfer. For that cycle, she altered the protocol a bit to accommodate my allergy to adhesive. Estrace: Oral, 2mg twice a day, increased to add vaginal estrogen, Progesterone: Crinone gel twice a day, then later added PIO. We transferred just one embryo, upon my request. Again, it was successful, though we terminated at 20 weeks due to severe anencephaly.
The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI. The total was about $15,000 not including medications.
Dr Cain left it up to us to decide how many. She strongly recommended two both times.
Fargo

This [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is a very busy clinic with 3 doctors. I didn't get the option to get to choose only one doctor, so each visit you would have a different Doctor. The doctors were very routine and didn't show much compassion. I had 4 unsuccessful IUI's and unsuccessful 1 IVF cycle. With 9 eggs retrieved only 2 made it. We did 1 fresh transfer and froze the other embryo. After the fresh transfer failed we decided to try a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo and unfortunately our embryo did not survive the thaw, which I was told before the whole IVF process that it is very rare and they don't have this happen much.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very busy clinic with 3 doctors. I didn't get the option to get to choose only one doctor, so each visit you would have a different Doctor. The doctors were very routine and didn't show much compassion. I had 4 unsuccessful IUI's and unsuccessful 1 IVF cycle. With 9 eggs retrieved only 2 made it. We did 1 fresh transfer and froze the other embryo. After the fresh transfer failed we decided to try a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo and unfortunately our embryo did not survive the thaw, which I was told before the whole IVF process that it is very rare and they don't have this happen much.
Dr seemed to treat me as if I were like every other patient rather than listen to my thoughts and concerns
I felt way better working with the nursing staff than the Doctors. The nurses were great!
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I felt like Dr seemed so busy each time I saw him and just was concerned about following procedure rather than treat as an individual. He would answer my questions if I had them. I felt like he was trying to push me into IVF without doing more investigating if there was something else going on that could be treated first.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and push for what you think is right for YOU and not what the doctor wants that has worked for other patients.
I believe it was standard protocol. I believe he only performed 2 of my IUI's which seemed very routine for him. He performed my egg retrieval and I remember waking up from surgery and my first question was how many eggs did we retrieve and he didn't know and had to call up to a nurse...I was very suspicious about that!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
These appointments were very quick and easy
My insurance did not cover any preocedures for infertility. They would still try billing my insurance and then I would get the bills weeks later and they were very confusing. I ended up calling the finance dept with questions often.

2009 - 2015
PCOS, Other
2009 - 2015
PCOS, Other
Dr. Christensen and his entire staff went above and beyond to make sure I received the best care. Whenever I called and had questions, his nurses were always so kind and took the time and patience answering any questions until I felt comfortable. They were always quick to return phone calls and get any test results back to me in a timely manner. I could go on and on about the wonderful treatment I received from everyone there.
They always took the time to answer questions and never made me feel rushed. They always called back within in a timely manner as well.
Dr. Christensen never rushed the appointments, he always made sure all of my questions were answered and that I fully understood everything. He's kind and sympathizes with you when you are having a hard day with everything. He always makes you feel like you are the priority.
Always ask questions! Never hesitate in calling or brining a list of questions. They are happy to answer all of them!
My first round we used clomid and ovideral (trigger shot). I had awful side effects from clomid and the cycle failed. Dr. Christensen saw the side effects and he recommended we tried Femara next time first. The second round I started with Femara and the follicles didn't grow to optimal size so they put me on clomid and they grew but my uterine lining was thinned so they started me on estrace. I took the trigger shot and 2 weeks later I finally got a positive test! Dr. Christensen continued to monitor me until my 1st appointment with my OBGYN. At around 7 weeks I was required to go on progesterone and finished it at 12 weeks. I went on to give birth to a beautiful baby boy!

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic is a great welcoming and cozy place. All doctors work together to help patients when needed. The only thing you need to know when coming here is you are in great hands with Sanford Fargo Reproductive Medicine. ... They do their best to code with diagnosis' that way insurance will cover medicines and procedures. They offer many payment options and plans available for IVF ...
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
He took the time to sit down and talk about everything! He made sure we knew what was planned and understood everything. He is great and assured us we were taken care of and in the right place!
They are great! Very helpful, and get orders and prior authorization done to help take some of the stress off of you.
He is very knowledgeable and makes sure you fully understand everything planned. He treats patients like individuals, not just a number or diagnosis. We fully recommend him and the Fargo Reproductive Medicine clinic.
Don't be nervous, this is a good step to get answers and hopefully help you on your journey. He reminded us that everyones path is different and he really cares about all aspects of this, physically and emotionally.
Clomid to induce ovulation-didnt work well for us Femara to grow follicles-working so far! Ovidrel to trigger ovulation- He also makes sure you have monitoring done throughout your cycle to make sure everything is working correctly.
Fargo

I think it is a strength that they [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] have a team of doctors working together on each patient. It helps to see other doctors and their varying perspectives. ... They [nurses] were always kind and worked hard to schedule my appointments and answer my questions. ... Every office visit or telemedicine visit cost around $200. Ultra sound $300. Medicine ranged from $100 to $600 a month. The IUI and sperm washing about $800 a month.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I think it is a strength that they have a team of doctors working together on each patient. It helps to see other doctors and their varying perspectives. The weakness is that some of the doctors had more expertise than the others and it is a disappointment when you are scheduled with the lesser doctor. One can’t help think this cycle might not work because of it.
She gave me a lot of information and always seemed to know what questions I had before I asked them.
They were always kind and worked hard to schedule my appointments and answer my questions.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I could tell she throughly reviewed my results and my history. She explained what the numbers for each test meant. She also would go through my options if my current cycle didn’t work. She was always positive and encouraging.
She is thorough and is very knowledgeable about her field. I trust that she is doing everything she can to help me achieve my dreams!
I started with just pills to grow follicles. My body was responding well but she wanted to lay down the facts about being aggressive because of my age. She said we would be as agressive with treatment as I felt I could handle. We are currently using injections and IUI. I fear we will not be able to afford the IVF stage if nothing else works.

Male Factor, Other
They [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] offer an amazing facility. It is child free with a fireplace in the waiting room. They offer complimentary chocolates and keurig beverages. It is also very clean and private with a nice view to the east....Honestly, this clinic is so small that you dont spend too much time with the nurses but they remember you and are very compassionate.... Dr. Christensen does a great job of reassuring you as a patient. He is a very personable guy and doesn't talk above the patient.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
They offer an amazing facility. It is child free with a fireplace in the waiting room. They offer complimentary chocolates and keurig beverages. It is also very clean and private with a nice view to the east.
Dr. Christensen came recommended to me and I recommended him to several friends. Since then, we all have children or children on the way. He is a remarkable doctor and his only downfall is his age. I hope he never retires from this profession.
Be thorough with asking questions, he is always there to answer them and he listens to concerns. He told us what hr thought we should do, we wanted to start smaller and he was okay with that. Worked hard to get us medications at an affordable price. In the end, he knew best and his suggestion worked.
Dr. Christensen was a more open book doctor. He took what we wanted as patients and what he thought would work and went with it. I over stimulated on a high dose round, but it was our 4th iui round and he was hoping for more eggs. My body just responded differentlu that round.
IuI was about $5000 a round. Ivf was closer to $20,000 for the full round with retrieval.
Again, he was very open to hearing our thoughts while providing knowledgable and thoughtful insight.
Fargo

The clinic [Sanford] is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively... Most medicated cycles were covered by my insurance as far as timed intercourse I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to additional labs and 2500 every time after IVF was 20000 and up
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively
Stephanie doll was much more caring and compassionate she spoke to my husband and I with general care and concern and seemed as if she wanted us to have a successful cycle
The nursing staff was kind quick and efficient they were able to answer questions via online systems fairly efficiently
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Stephanie was the 1st doctor to really sit down with us and assess our situation in a way that we weren't even sure we were able to experience she explained a new medication and looked into our insurance helping us understand how this medication could help and that is covered by our insurance
Doctor Dahl is very understanding and compassionate she is kind and easy to speak with I would highly recommend her
Most treatment protocols were similar to my experience with another doctor at the same hospital at this point she just reviewed my medications last and discussed any changes that we are comfortable way she also identified some changes to our medical intervention and next steps if this was unsuccessful
2011 - 2017
They [the nurses at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] are knowledgeable, kind, and answered any questions I had...Everyone working at the clinic had great empathy. They are kind, compassionate and excited for you when you do conceive. I was always very comfortable with everyone working there, from the front desk, to the ultrasound tech, to the nurses and the doctors.
2011 - 2017
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
He was willing to discuss treatment with me at length, and answer all questions. His office also responded quickly to email questions.
They are knowledgeable, kind, and answered any questions I had.
Dr. Christensen has a kind of quirky personality. He tends to give you all the information, and yet is still able to be lighthearted with you. The only thing he ever did that bothered me was an offhand remark about having two kids in one bedroom when we were first trying for our second baby. But other than that, he was a really great guy.
With our first child we use Clomid and a trigger shot and was pregnant with the first cycle. With our second child we did Clomid for 3 months, my body didn't respond to it. So he switched me to Femara and the trigger shot. We got pregnant on our fourth cycle, which was the first with Femara. For third baby we tried Femara, my body didn't respond and so he gave me a second round of Femara within that cycle. My body ended up ovulating on its own, but having sensed that my husband and I were together and it resulted in a pregnancy.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The strengths of the clinic [Sanford Reproductive Med] are great, kind, compassionate staff. The response time with questions is amazing! The nurses are very knowledgeable and the IVF coordinator is super compassionate...The biggest weakness of the clinic is cost....We paid $15,000 for one IVF cycle and another $5,000 for FET.... The nurses are super efficient! They are very compassionate and answer mychart messages almost instantly!
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths of the clinic are great, kind, compassionate staff. The response time with questions is amazing! The nurses are very knowledgeable and the IVF coordinator is super compassionate. Doses of medications are adjusted throughout the IVF cycle to help yield the most amount of eggs. The biggest weakness of the clinic is cost. An IVF cycle is very expensive and we found not afford to do a second retrieval
Dr Christensen is very down to earth, kind, compassionate and does whatever he can to help get you pregnant
The nurses are super efficient! They are very compassionate and answer mychart messages almost instantly! They also help with medications if you are running short. I was donated samples during my cycle and it was so helpful
Dr Christensen spends real quality time with his patients. He sees you after every ultrasound to go through the results and let’s you know any adjustments to your medications and care right away. He answers all questions thoroughly
Be expected to love your doctor! He is so kind, funny, and willing to do whatever he can to help you
I used Gonal-F, Menopur and Ganirelix throughout my IVF cycle. Doses were adjusted numerous times to try and help with the number of eggs being made
We paid $15,000 for one IVF cycle and another $5,000 for FET. The costs were high
Doctors will leave it up to the patient to transfer 1 or 2 embryos
Fargo

The nursing staff [at Sanford] was very competent in performing necessary procedures, were warm and welcoming, and very thoroughly involved in my treatment. Everyone knew me by name, and were very supportive throughout the entire process.... For the most part, I generally always saw my primary RE. However, due to scheduling conflicts I was also scheduled with the other two REs in the practice.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
He was very welcome to discussion about treatments. He evaluated any questions I had about my treatment, and gave a meaningful and thoughtful response.
The nursing staff was very competent in performing necessary procedures, were warm and welcoming, and very thoroughly involved in my treatment. Everyone knew me by name, and were very supportive throughout the entire process.
I was able to have very detailed conversation with Dr. Christensen. He took in to account my science/health knowledge, and gave me very informative responses to any concerns I had. He was very warm and welcoming at all appointments. We would chat about various events occurring in my life which made me feel more comfortable talking to him as a provider.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. ART is a challenging process with many intricate details. If you don't understand an aspect of your treatment, simply ask for clarification.
My IVF protocol involved the usage of 75 units Menopur and 225 units Bravelle. A few days prior to egg retrieval I also administered Ganirelex.
I don't recall specifics of my costs. My insurance covered reproductive treatments which helped considerably with cost.
He suggested either eSET or a max of two embryos transfer for me. We were given both the risks and benefits of doing both procedures.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
This clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is absolutely amazing, from the office people, to the nursing staff, radiology staff...and to the Doctors. Their compassion for what they do shows in every aspect of everything they do!... Always had amazing experience with the nursing staff. You eventually get to know them by name and they do the same for you! Never had 1 issue. Great team at that clinic!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is absolutely amazing, from the office people, to the nursing staff, radiology staff...and to the Doctors. Their compassion for what they do shows in every aspect of everything they do!
He has amazing bedside manner, very informative, great personality, very informative and to the point.
He is an amazing doctor! My experience as a patient there have yet to get my desired results but we are not done yet! Look forward to working with them again in the near future! He was always very informative and understanding of feelings. I always enjoyed seeing him, great personality and humor to go with it! Very smart and always made myself and my husband feel good about what we are doing!
Listen to him!
We tried a few different types of medication.. Ending with the best dose of Femara 10mg for days, with a follow up trigger shot...Over our journey we have had 3 unsuccessful IUI treatments.
The costs have been what I expected, my insurance does not cover any kind of treatment
Fargo

Very nice interior in the office [Sanford Reproductive Med]. I wish I went to them first instead of going through the ob doctor in grand forks and doing all sort of tests to check on our fertility. They are the only clinic that handles reproductive health in North Dakota and being the only one they are still really good at getting you in... They were quick to setup my appointments and a nurse practitioner did the iui.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Very nice interior in the office. I wish I went to them first instead of going through the ob doctor in grand forks and doing all sort of tests to check on our fertility. They are the only clinic that handles reproductive health in North Dakota and being the only one they are still really good at getting you in.
They were quick to setup my appointments and a nurse practitioner did the iui.
He is Friendly and knowledgeable and am very happy that I got twins on my first try. Just saw him in person once and over video conference twice. It was great since we live 4 hours away so it was great to do the video conference.
Understand what your insurance covers and does not cover is very helpful to know since you do get a lot of bills.
On day 2 I had an ultrasound then on day 3 of my period I started a drug called letrozole for 5 days. Then I had an ultrasound 2 weeks later then I took a shot of ovidrel and then I had an IUI and 2 weeks later I was pregnant from a home test then got it confirmed at a local clinic.
$2500

2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Overall we were satisfied with the care [at Sanford]...[Nursing Staff] Very controlling, didn't listen to me, we did have some unusual circumstances which the doc understood but nurses weren't very understanding about. We were not very impressed with the nursing care...Communication issues with nurses, compromise of my privacy with another health center...We really really liked Dr Dahl and would highly recommend her....She is personable and compassionate and super helpful.
2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we were satisfied with the care.
Dr Dahl was super compassionate (We weren't anywhere near as happy with her nursing staff). We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were small. Eventually we went on to donor egg but we went elsewhere for a larger donor pool and better statistics. We really really liked Dr Dahl and would highly recommend her.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Really really liked her. She is personable and compassionate and super helpful. She listened well to our concerns. We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were low, but she was willing to work with us.
Not sure
We did injections and IUI. Only a couple cycles because we knew our chances were really small. Not successful so we moved on to donor egg. We went elsewhere for a larger donor pool and a clinic with more donor experience and better statistics.
All out of pocket

2013 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
[Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine is] Clean and inviting. They request that children not come to appointments out of respect to other patients. That says a lot to me about how much they care for their patients. They greet you with a smile. The one thing I don't like is the clinic is located next to a busier street so you have little privacy when walking into the building.... Caring, compassionate. Exceptional people.
2013 - 2018
PCOS, Unexplained
Answered questions. Seems genuine
Caring, compassionate. Exceptional people.
Kind, compassionate. He didn't care that you may be a little above your bmi. He spends time with you. Fully explains processes. Makes you feel hope again which is extremely important during this difficult time in your life. He travels 3 hours to my town and doesn't make you feel like a burden.
Be open. Don't hold back with your questions and concerns.
Fargo
The clinic [Sanford] was nice and clean and had a nice homey feel. The staff was super nice and friendly. They are open to anwering questions and they call you back in a timely manner. For a weakness a downfall would ne that they do not work with any organizations that i know of to help patients get funding...Just some struggles with husbands prescriptions getting lots and not knowing where his meds went
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was nice and clean and had a nice homey feel. The staff was super nice and friendly. They are open to anwering questions and they call you back in a timely manner. For a weakness a downfall would ne that they do not work with any organizations that i know of to help patients get funding.
I feel like she cares as a person. But we do not have any fertile coverage so I feel like they just set us aside a little bit
They were empathic
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She is a very kind person and you can tell that she cares. Dr cain exaplain how i will hit menopose early and there is no real reason as to why. She sat down at table with us and disussed all our options. The nurses have been very kind as well with asking question through mychart But if dont have the fertility coverage or lots of money you get lost in the bunch
Be precentant and don't be afraid to ask questions
Everything was out of pocket
Fargo
[Sanford] Strength...They have a good team of doctors and nurses...Love them [nursing staff]!! All of them were great!!...Per IUI was $1500...Not so much in the office did I feel like this [treated like a human'] but the whole Sanford clinic as a whole I do. Especially when bills start coming in. I think they should wait to send out bills...I got a bill to pay the day my period came after my IUI...I loved Dr. Dahl. She is very patient and compassionate. She is very through in the care provided and explains everything! She is good to email or call you back if you have any questions or concerns too!
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Clinics weakness- we only have one in the area so not much of a choice for me. Strength...They have a good team of doctors and nurses
Not so much in the office did I feel like this but the whole Sanford clinic as a whole I do. Especially when bills start coming in. I think they should wait to send out bills...I got a bill to pay the day my period came after my IUI...
Love them!! All of them were great!!
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Go to your appt with h an open mind. Science​ and doctors can only help you so far...In the end the man upstairs knows the plan for you. I went with the expectation if becoming pregnant right away...Don't do that.
Clomid and an injectable to make me ovulate bc I think I ovulate later than normal and IUI due to poor Morpology with my husband's sperm.
Per IUI was $1500

2014 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff at Sanford Repro. Kind, caring, real, down-to-earth, funny, compassionate.... The staff knew my name and always seemed genuinely excited to see me.... The only thing I would have liked to see done differently is a clearer guideline of when the different fees were due.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The staff knew my name and always seemed genuinely excited to see me.
Dr. Christensen always made me feel comfortable is what were very uncomfortable situations. He is kind, caring, and endearing. I always felt calm seeing him. He made sure we understood what was going on and what we could expect. He shared things with us in a very straight forward manner while still being compassionate. Dr. C. was also my parents doctor back in the day. They loved him then just as my husband and I adore him now.
Relax. He will take care of you.
Fargo

The clinic [Sanford] is very clean and warm. I felt like they also tried to keep the environment "trigger free" as possible for ex. There was a sign saying not to bring children into the clinic which obviously is really nice for people who can't have any children...The nursing staff I had was always friendly and kind....Dr. Christensen was very friendly and honest. I had a very good experience with him(even though we did not end up pregnant)the only reason we had to stop our fertility treatments were due to the financial burden was all covered by us since insurance did not cover our care.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and warm. I felt like they also tried to keep the environment "trigger free" as possible for ex. There was a sign saying not to bring children into the clinic which obviously is really nice for people who can't have any children.
The nursing staff I had was always friendly and kind.
Stay calm and let Dr. Christensen help.
I started on clomid and then had to take Ovidrel injections.
Around $3,000.00 was spent trying to get pregnant.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Sanford Reproductive Med] was very nice and very clean. The atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed. All the staff were helpful and kind. They really make you feel welcome. It was easy to find. I have no negative thoughts or feelings about the clinic. I got my daughter because of this place!!!... She [Dr. Stephanie Dahl] was amazing very understanding. Listened to my thoughts explained the whole process step by step. Would return my calls right away. Made me feel comfortable. Explained the risks told me the good and the bad of everything. She was very forthright with me and my husband
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very nice and very clean. The atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed. All the staff were helpful and kind. They really make you feel welcome. It was easy to find. I have no negative thoughts or feelings about the clinic. I got my daughter because of this place!!!
She treated me like a person. Spoke to me and made sure i understood the whole process.
Very helpful and caring
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She was amazing very understanding. Listened to my thoughts explained the whole process step by step. Would return my calls right away. Made me feel comfortable. Explained the risks told me the good and the bad of everything. She was very forthright with me and my husband.
Be open ask the tough questions
We spent 3500.

2011 - 2015
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Busy man so call asap for appointment and ask to be on cancellation list!
2011 - 2015
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Great doctor. Never too busy to take the time to explain and answer questions. Highly recommend him. Has gotten me pregnant twice with dx of DOR-and with 2 morulas!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Busy man so call asap for appointment and ask to be on cancellation list!

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.