Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1111 Harwood Drive South
Fargo, ND 58104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

2 doctors
2020
She [Dr. Von Wald] takes time with me and my husband, answers all our questions, is timely, shows compassion, and is extremely positive and hopeful. She is quick to respond to phone questions and never makes us feel like our questions are silly...My husbands semen analysis was pretty good, but had some room for improvement, so she recommended some vitamins he take...She looked me in the eyes, took time with me, explained and reexplained, and answered all my questions.
[The nurses at Sanford Reproductive Medicine are] So very kind, uplifting and positive!...We opted for the genetic testing for our demand analysis. When the results came in, we were informed via the automated app, instead of a nurse calling us... is clean, prompt, kind, positive, smiley and thorough. During your initial assessment, you’ll meet with doctor, genetic testing department, and the billing department. They lay out everything for you and answer every single questions.
2020
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She takes time with me and my husband, answers all our questions, is timely, shows compassion, and is extremely positive and hopeful. She is quick to respond to phone questions and never makes us feel like our questions are silly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Your time with her is your time! Make sure you use it and get all your questions answered. She will stay and answer them all!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Tiffany Von Wald used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My husbands semen analysis was pretty good, but had some room for improvement, so she recommended some vitamins he take. We started those immediately in February (and then COVID hit). In May for me, we did 5mg of letrozole for 5 days (cd3-7). On cd11, I came back for a follow up ultrasound and confirmed 3 mature follicles (16mm, 19mm and 22mm) and a uterine lining of 9.8mm. They then administered my HCG trigger shot. We came back the next day for insemination. They wanted >1 million motile sperm and we’re able to inject 16 million. I am now in my 2ww and am on a vaginal progesterone.
So very kind, uplifting and positive!
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Sanford clinic in Sioux Falls is clean, prompt, kind, positive, smiley and thorough. During your initial assessment, you’ll meet with doctor, genetic testing department, and the billing department. They lay out everything for you and answer every single questions.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Von Wald] was compassionate and patient. I would guess, like most doctors, she receives a lot of the same questions on a day to day basis but she was always willing to take the time to answer any and all of them. I never felt rushed out of the office and my husband and I were never overly stressed throughout the experience (so far)...She gave us expectations based on the history of the hospital and everything held true in terms of statistics. I was very impressed with how dialed in the numbers were. She was compassionate and patient.
They [staff at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] are very thorough and polite. We are treated in a very professional manner but also with compassion. That, in my mind, is a fine line to walk at times and they do a good job of it...Some had even been through the process themselves so they were able to give advice only someone who had been through the process could give. They were polite, efficient, gentle- overall exceptional...I do not have exact numbers in front of me but the IUI was about $5,000 and the IVF process is around $22,000 (depending on genetic testing- which we chose not to do)
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Von Wald is very thorough, practiced and specific. She gave us expectations based on the history of the hospital and everything held true in terms of statistics. I was very impressed with how dialed in the numbers were. She was compassionate and patient. I would guess, like most doctors, she receives a lot of the same questions on a day to day basis but she was always willing to take the time to answer any and all of them. I never felt rushed out of the office and my husband and I were never overly stressed throughout the experience (so far).
Come prepared and do some research beforehand. A lot of people have gone through these appointments and are very open about their experiences.
Dr Von Wald and the nurses do a wonderful job. They are very thorough and polite. We are treated in a very professional manner but also with compassion. That, in my mind, is a fine line to walk at times and they do a good job of it.
Oofta- there are so many: We started with some medications for both my husband and myself. We tried IUI with no luck. We then decided to abandon the IUI option and moved to the IVF process. My husband treated a small tumor in his pituitary gland to help his motility (related to testosterone levels) with medication (sorry I do not remember the name of it). I was given lots of shots in order to produce eggs and then we did the retrieval and were able to freeze 2 eggs. We will be doing implantation next week (hopefully). I am happy to have a conversation as the treatment is A LOT to try and remember and type haha.
They were fantastic. Some had even been through the process themselves so they were able to give advice only someone who had been through the process could give. They were polite, efficient, gentle- overall exceptional.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Knowledgable, efficient, and very professional. They are specialists and we never doubted the care we would get. However, it is extremely expensive at this location and we didn't have any other options. Our closest second option is Minneapolis and that is 4 hours away. ALMOST close enough to make it worth the time to save almost half the cost.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Tiffany Von Wald's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
My husband wanted to try both eggs (for twins) but we were discouraged from doing so. I think it was considered less safe for myself and the potential babies.

Endometriosis, Other
He [Dr. Steffen Christensen] was straight forward, helpful and made me feel like my concerns were heard and met. He made sure that we got more information on my endometriosis and what further issues I might have from that...definitely felt like we had hope of conceiving...Trigger shot of Ovidrel and then timed intercourse. They believe that doing this will result in pregnancy and don't want to be too aggressive because I do have one working side.
[The nurses at Sanford Reproductive Medicine are] Wonderful, responsive and full of compassion. Also willing to answer the most mundane questions one could possibly come up with, and I definitely did...I see a remote clinic in Thief River Falls, MN for 90% of my treatments, diagnostics etc. which can be difficult because I'm around babies and pregnant women all the time. But their team is great with Telemed and have me in within a few minutes and out the door back to work in a great time frame. Living in a rural area having the remote clinic has been a life saver for travel time.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
He was straight forward, helpful and made me feel like my concerns were heard and met. He made sure that we got more information on my endometriosis and what further issues I might have from that. That we were in good hands, and definitely felt like we had hope of conceiving.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to see everyone on the fertility team, but know that they all care and are really thoughtful when it comes to treatments/procedures and everything. Also that their entire team is dedicated to you, and great at responding!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I am under Christensen, but I have seen every member of their fertility team and have been impressed with their compassion and helpfulness.
Describe the protocols Steffen Christensen used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have one tube and an ovary on the missing tube side that likes to produce eggs more than the side that's completely healthy and working. We went with Femara/Letrozole 5mg for 5 days on CD5-CD10 to get follicles growing, checking their growth on CD10-CD14 depending on when my cycle falls. Trigger shot of Ovidrel and then timed intercourse. They believe that doing this will result in pregnancy and don't want to be too aggressive because I do have one working side.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The Fargo clinic is truly a wonderful safe place. They don't allow children and that is really helpful knowing the sensitivity of the situation at hand. I see a remote clinic in Thief River Falls, MN for 90% of my treatments, diagnostics etc. which can be difficult because I'm around babies and pregnant women all the time. But their team is great with Telemed and have me in within a few minutes and out the door back to work in a great time frame. Living in a rural area having the remote clinic has been a life saver for travel time.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

She was the first doctor who took the time and let us ask every question we had. During our first consultation we were able to be with her for over an hour, she made us feel very comfortable. ... But, I did feel like Dr. Dahl led us in the wrong direction. After getting another opinion/consultation about our Male Factor portion we were told that we should not have been continuing with IUIs. I felt like if we were given the raw facts we could have saved our money to go towards a treatment with a higher chance of a positive outcome.
I wish the clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] employees (receptionists) realize a lot of things are time sensitive and not all patients have the same protocol/challenges. I felt like receptionist often tried to give recommendations that should have been made by nurses. ... When we decided to start our treatment again we were told we were going to start that month from the first nurse. A week later the second nurse told us that we would only monitor that cycle. It was very frustrating that the nurses were not in the same page.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She was the first doctor who took the time and let us ask every question we had. During our first consultation we were able to be with her for over an hour, she made us feel very comfortable. Our first doctor consulted Dr.Dahl during our treatments, it was nice to have both doctors talking with each other. But, I did feel like Dr. Dahl led us in the wrong direction. After getting another opinion/consultation about our Male Factor portion we were told that we should not have been continuing with IUIs. I felt like if we were given the raw facts we could have saved our money to go towards a treatment with a higher chance of a positive outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Ask her to be a little more blunt. Do not sugar coat the facts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I had a fairly good experience, but very rarely did we get to be seen by Dr.Dahl. Rather, I was generally seen by the other doctors in the clinic.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I felt like she never personalizes a plan to me, rather what ever partner I saw that day I went in their protocol. One month I was on Leterzole, and one month I was on chlomid. I was on estradiol and progesterone with my previous doctor. Dr. Dahl did not continue with that protocol, and we did not see any improvement from not being on them.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I wish the clinic employees (receptionists) realize a lot of things are time sensitive and not all patients have the same protocol/challenges. I felt like receptionist often tried to give recommendations that should have been made by nurses. The clinic did a fairly good job making everyone feel welcome!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
One IUI generally cost around $5000. I was seen at a Satellite clinic as the clinic was 4 hours away, so my cost could be widely different from what they would have been if I were to do everything at her clinic.
Describe Stephanie Dahl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I was dealing with 2 different. Years and they were on 2 complete different pages. It became frustrating when I got my hopes thinking I was going to be able to start a cycle, to only be told the next week I would only be monitored that cycle. I wish I could have had 1 Assigned nurse
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

I have been with Dr. Christensen for a couple months. I have been through infertility treatment for 5 years and having him as a Dr. Has been a blessing. I only wish I would have started with him sooner. He covers absolutely every detail and makes sure you understand moving forward. I would say the only downfall is he is long distance for me but telemedicine has made it very easy to still have that patient doctor relationship.
They [the nurses at Sanford Reproductive Med-Fargo] are wonderful. they use an app that allows me to correspond with them through emailing and they always respond within an hour or two to every question that I have. They are also available by phone and very compassionate and all friendly.... I have always been helped probably and with ease at the women's clinic at Sanford Medical Center. The only inconvenience is my ultrasound appointments and lab work are over at the hospital and then my telemed visits are at the clinic so it's a lot of back and forth between the two buildings on the days that I have appointments.
Make sure you write down all your questions, he is very good about answering everything.
His staff and himself are very quick to respond to any question and we're always available after hours if there was any problems.
I have only done one round of treatment with Dr. Christensen as I just switched to him. We meant in person at a consultation where we discussed everything we have done and any issues that had happened before. He explained all my options and gave his professional opinion on what he felt would be the best options for us. We decided to do an IUI cycle with injections, menopur, this would be our 6th but our first with him. During the process over that month. I had several questions and he always responded back in a timely manner and was very helpful. We had appointments every couple days, we would first do an ultrasound and then meet with Dr Christensen via telemed and then follow up with labs to check my estrogen and progesterone levels to make sure I did not hyper stimulate with the injections. I really appreciate it how thorough he was with every step and every appointment. I felt like things were missed in the past with our years of fertility treatment. when it became time for the actual IUI procedure we seen dr. Klemin at Sanford Women's Health Center. This is standard because Dr Christensen is 3 hours away from the town that we live in. We did have the choice to drive there and have the procedure done there but he recommended that the staff was very good at the clinic here and we had no reason to worry or feel the need to travel to him. A few days after the procedure we started progesterone and did the long two week wait and unfortunately I started my cycle. Of course we were disappointed but we knew this was a chance of this happening and we've experienced it five times prior to that. Dr Christensen and his staff were extremely supportive and compassionate with the cycle not working for us and have recommended IVF moving forward we are considering it it's just the initial expense that we have to save up for to be able to do this procedure. he went through every step of the process with us and made us feel very comfortable and if we do pursue this in the future we will be doing it with Dr Christensen.
They are wonderful. they use an app that allows me to correspond with them through emailing and they always respond within an hour or two to every question that I have. They are also available by phone and very compassionate and all friendly.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I don't go directly to the clinic that Dr Christensen is at due to he is in Fargo but he works with the Sanford Clinic here in Bismarck North Dakota. I have always been helped probably and with ease at the women's clinic at Sanford Medical Center. The only inconvenience is my ultrasound appointments and lab work are over at the hospital and then my telemed visits are at the clinic so it's a lot of back and forth between the two buildings on the days that I have appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
His clinic excepts my health insurance so one my deductible is meant, I'm required to pay 20% of any appointments, procedures and medications.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Christensen is very compassionate and caring. Listens to my concerns and answers all my questions. His goal is to get me a baby by the end of the year and is being aggresive with treatment. I like that! ... I have PCOS and most doctors I’ve seen is always scared because I have 30 antrial follicles on each ovary at baseline scan. But he isn’t scared to up my dosage just enough to eat a coupe more follicles to grow. We normally only get two good ones after 10 days of injections. He is hoping for 4 this cycle.
This clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is super clean and nice. They don’t allow children which is super understandable. So if you have any children arrange childcare ahead of time. Also everything you need is in that clinic. They do the SA right there and ultrasounds ect. ... She is always so helpful and prompt to get questions answered and forms needed for insurance done. ... Because we did timed intercourse I would pay for meds and my insurance covered scans and visits.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He is so kind and compassionate. He knows we have been trying almost two years since our loss and is getting more aggressive with treatment to give us the outcome we want. I have PCOS and most doctors I’ve seen is always scared because I have 30 antrial follicles on each ovary at baseline scan. But he isn’t scared to up my dosage just enough to eat a coupe more follicles to grow. We normally only get two good ones after 10 days of injections. He is hoping for 4 this cycle.
Always be open and honest and don’t be scared to ask your questions.
We started it with femara days 3-7 and the menopur 75iu daily until eggs were ready. I always had two but never conceived. I then had laparoscopy and then started straight menopur cycles. Cycle one we started at 75 iu for one week and no growth, then 150 iu for 4 days. No growth. Then 225 iu for 4 days. I then had 9 12 mm follicles. My estrogen was super high and my body surged on its own. Cancelled cycle and afterfliw showed up a week later. Second cycle 150 iu for a week. 2 follicles at 16 mm. 150 iu two more days and then triggered with 2-21 mm. Timed intercourse day of trigger and the next two days. BFN. Cycle number 3. 225 iu mneopure cd 5-7. Then 150 iu cd 8-12. Have my scan the next day. He expects I’ll be ready to trigger cd 14. 🤞🏻
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is super clean and nice. They don’t allow children which is super understandable. So if you have any children arrange childcare ahead of time. Also everything you need is in that clinic. They do the SA right there and ultrasounds ect.
Fargo

The nurses [Sanford Repro Med] have a 24 hour response time, which can be frustrating when treatment is so time sensitive.... This clinic is the only one in the area, and they take advantage of it. Treatment cost is 2-3x average and success rates are below average. We did IUIs there but are planning on traveling for IVF. I only saw my main provider, DR Cain a couple of times, otherwise I saw whatever NP or Dr that was available.
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cain was friendly and a pleasant doctor. She ordered infectious disease testing that I had already done in my past, and the results were in my record. Which was a large waste of money. I did 3 medicated IUIs with 5mg of femara with no pregnancies. I do not feel that that enough monitoring was done. I asked several times for testing to confirm when exactly I was ovulating, which was denied. She recommended continuing the same protocol, where I felt it was time to move on to other options, further testing, etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Do a lot of research on your own and have an idea of how many times you want to repeat procedures before moving on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Very generic treatment. Questions were answered with “most people”, “usually this happens”, etc rather than giving individual care or testing to confirm expectations.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Cain repeated the same protocol for me. I ovulate on my own. Our only known issue is moderate male factor, 3% morphology, 20% motility. I ovulated 2-3 eggs on 5mg femara. Ovidrel trigger shot when follicles were mature and IUI 36 hours later. I did not get pregnant.
The nurses have a 24 hour response time, which can be frustrating when treatment is so time sensitive.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is the only one in the area, and they take advantage of it. Treatment cost is 2-3x average and success rates are below average. We did IUIs there but are planning on traveling for IVF. I only saw my main provider, DR Cain a couple of times, otherwise I saw whatever NP or Dr that was available. They all follow the same protocols and patients aren’t really treated as individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and friendly. Particularly the ultrasound tech and phlebotomist stand out as providing great care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
IUI was a total of $2,000-$2,500/cycle
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I have not discussed IvF with Dr Cain. We are planning on doing Ivf with a different clinic, but will monitored at her clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
One of my urine samples was lost. I had to come back to repeat, but I did not find this to be a big inconvenience.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Christensen was always patient to answer any questions I had, described why he was prescribing/planning they cycle and gave me all the details of what to expect. He is very personable, interested in more than just getting another patients. I had him for my consult as well at during many appointments.... Since I have a high AMH he started with lower does of the meds to avoid creating too many follicles, as that wasn't working he would adjust the doses and when they were given.
The doctors and nurses [Sanford Repro Med] were amazing, very personable, willing to answer any questions, prompt in replying to questions or giving information mid cycle after monitoring appointments. The billing staff is a nightmare to work with. I have been going back and forth with them for about 9 months now. During one of my first appointments I was told they do not like to bill my insurance because they can be difficult to bill through their online billing system
Dr. Christensen was always patient to answer any questions I had, described why he was prescribing/planning they cycle and gave me all the details of what to expect. He is very personable, interested in more than just getting another patients. I had him for my consult as well at during many appointments. He was very detailed in the consult, he took time to read over my chart, ask questions and create a plan for moving forward with more fertility treatments. I always left appointments after seeing him feeling confident in what we were doing as far as treatment.
Listen to what he has to say and don't be afraid to ask questions.
The doctor and staff always remembered who I was, what was currently going on for the cycle, and even small details like what I was going to be doing the previous weekend. They were very personable and made me feel like I was the only patient there.
We did timed intercourse and one IUI cycle with just femara initially. Once that didn't work we added in gonal-f and ovidrel. Since I have a high AMH he started with lower does of the meds to avoid creating too many follicles, as that wasn't working he would adjust the doses and when they were given.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were very quick to respond to any questions I had, updated me with a message through the online system promptly after test results came in, and always remember small details. They were not as forth coming about where to get cheaper medications and rather only directed me to one pharmacy that I learned later was much more expensive that I needed to be spending.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The doctors and nurses were amazing, very personable, willing to answer any questions, prompt in replying to questions or giving information mid cycle after monitoring appointments. The billing staff is a nightmare to work with. I have been going back and forth with them for about 9 months now. During one of my first appointments I was told they do not like to bill my insurance because they can be difficult to bill through their online billing system and if they don't pay it is their choice to bill or not to bill. I was confused by this but they have billed them with out any issue. The issue that keeps arising is that I have two insurances and when they bill my secondary that not attaching the EOB from my primary insurance so the secondary is denying the claim even though it is a covered benefit. If you use the clinic be sure to stay on top of the billing and don't hesitate to call to get ti sorted out. They are not your friend when it comes to billing and they will send a bill if your insurance denies a claim due to a filing error on their part. This has happened to me many times and I have resorted to speaking directly with a billing supervisor to sort it all out.
An IUI cycle was roughly $1,500 with monitoring (medication were extra). They actual procedure and sperm wash was about $550.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. Stephanie Dahl] is very quick to start treatment. Was very good about answering questions. We are dealing with male infertility as well as female and she set us up with a urologist she liked and we are now able to move forward with our treatments again. My only complaint is it can take a few days to hear back when you ask a question...We did a ton of lab work and uktrasound. Did a semin analysis on the first visit as well. Scheduled another HSG since it’s been over a year since my last one. Started with promethium to induce cycle, ultrasound cycle day 3, femara 5mg cd 4-8, Menopur 75iu days 9-12, folicules can day 13 and ovidril trigger if ready, timed intercourse or iui and progesterone suppositories in the two week wait.
Nursing staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you...They charge what I’ve seen a lot of places charge. Nothing outrageous but not the cheapest either...Very fast to get referrals and everything you need done to ease that stress on you. Takes a ew days to hear back with questions directly to doctors. Nursing staff is amazing. Doctor me are very knowledgeable and eager to help to achieve pregnancy in the least invasive/expensive way for you.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She is very quick to start treatment. Was very good about answering questions. We are dealing with male infertility as well as female and she set us up with a urologist she liked and we are now able to move forward with our treatments again. My only complaint is it can take a few days to hear back when you ask a question. Other than that I love the clinic in Fargo.
Go in with all the questions you have and don’t be afraid to ask. These doctors are here to help you and you should be comfortable to ask those difficult questions.
Dr Dahl is very great about calling you personally to talk about any questions you have. They are also very quick to getting treatment started and working around your schedule.
Nursing staff is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you.
Fargo

she [Dr. Kristen Cain] was very Blunt she told me I was overweight which I am about 5 to 10 pounds overweight she also mentioned to me that it was my fault the treatments weren't working because I wasn't fully understanding how to use the medication every time questions were asked I would felt scolded and this enabled me to switch doctors
The clinic [Sanford Repro Med] was very quick about getting you in on a timely manner they have a very nice and calming space it seems very private and was easily accessible for parking some weakness is may include lack of doctors lack of communication loss progress of treatments and last time spent answering questions... The nursing staff was much better than doctor Kane they would ask questions about how things are going and actually showed interests and compassion when cycles didn't work
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Kane seemed like she had a lot of knowledge however she was not willing to share that information with us when we asked questions we felt as if my questions were brushed to the side she made a lot of jokes about the money that she made and enjoying time in her hot tub after our appointment was over she also made recurrent jokes about we might alredy be pregnant even though my husband and I knew that we weren't during our appointments she was very Blunt she told me I was overweight which I am about 5 to 10 pounds overweight she also mentioned to me that it was my fault the treatments weren't working because I wasn't fully understanding how to use the medication every time questions were asked I would felt scolded and this enabled me to switch doctors
If you like sarcasm and you're out of very good place with your infertility journey Christine Caine is probably very knowledgeable if you already feel like you know a lot of information and you don't have many questions she may be a great doctor for you however if you like to ask questions about small details or if you don't understand why treatments are not working she is not one to give you explanations and to sit down with you and figure out or troubleshoot a different way to provide services and help you meet that end result of holding a precious baby in your arms
I felt like my questions were never accurately answered and I always felt rushed in-and-out of the clinic like there were so many other people that she needed to see I also was scolded on multiple occasions regarding asking questions about different medications
The protocol is very similar to many clinics in the US 1st she completed a medical history of both my husband and I followed by an HSG and semen analysis's from my husband labs were also taken for blood after all of this information was gathered we had a consultation to discuss the findings and our next steps we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility and our next steps are to begin medicated cycles with timed intercourse appointments were hauled from the 1st 1 to 3 days of your cycle and tell cycle days 9 through 12 where they could monitor the egg size and determine when to do the trigger shot and timed intercourse follow ups are performed after unsuccessful cycles And trouble shooting was completed through mostly questions of the patient
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very quick about getting you in on a timely manner they have a very nice and calming space it seems very private and was easily accessible for parking some weakness is may include lack of doctors lack of communication loss progress of treatments and last time spent answering questions
Most of the medicated cycles were covered by my insurance minus a small co-pay I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to required additional labs and for ever yet other time was closer to $2500 IVF was upwards of $20000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
On one occasion from switching from 1 doctor to another I felt as if my plan was not discussed I was pushed to do a for siege or that I wasn't comfortable with and when I shared that with the doctor they seemed very disappointed on another instance a doctor scolded me for a medication error
Fargo

Stephanie [Dr. Dahl] was the 1st doctor to really sit down with us and assess our situation in a way that we weren't even sure we were able to experience she explained a new medication and looked into our insurance helping us understand how this medication could help and that is covered by our insurance... Most treatment protocols were similar to my experience with another doctor at the same hospital at this point she just reviewed my medications last and discussed any changes that we are comfortable way she also identified some changes to our medical intervention and next steps if this was unsuccessful
The clinic [Sanford] is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively... Most medicated cycles were covered by my insurance as far as timed intercourse I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to additional labs and 2500 every time after IVF was 20000 and up
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Stephanie was the 1st doctor to really sit down with us and assess our situation in a way that we weren't even sure we were able to experience she explained a new medication and looked into our insurance helping us understand how this medication could help and that is covered by our insurance
Doctor Dahl is very understanding and compassionate she is kind and easy to speak with I would highly recommend her
Stephanie doll was much more caring and compassionate she spoke to my husband and I with general care and concern and seemed as if she wanted us to have a successful cycle
The nursing staff was kind quick and efficient they were able to answer questions via online systems fairly efficiently
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
My body began to show tolerance of some of the medications and some of the doctors were disagreeing on next steps which made planning my treatment hard
2012 - 2017
the nursing staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] was ok. I remember one of them telling me it was ok to drink at my sisters wedding that weekend when I had one of my IUI treatments. The last thing on my mind was to get drunk at my sisters wedding when all I was wanting was to have a baby. ... I started out with clomid but my lining was thin so I was switched to another med but I cant remember the name. My lining was still thin so we started injectable medication. Follistum and did this for 3 months. Everything seemed to be good but I didn't get pregnancy so we did the follistum with an IUI for 3 months and still no pregnancy. We decided to take a break and ended up getting pregnant on our own.
2012 - 2017
Dr. Steffen Christensen is very personable and makes you feel like he really cares about you. In 2012, I went through some treatments and they were unsuccessful. I know that he would adjust my treatments each month. It was very frustrating to continually have a negative test but Dr Christensen always keep it positive. We ended up pausing our treatments due to having insurance that didn't cover anything. One this that was very nice was that many time Dr C would give us free samples of some of the injectable medication. This was very helpful to us at the time.
He is an awesome Dr and very personable. This is a stressful time and he helps to put you at ease.
he is so personable. Even though we didn't have success in 2012, I recently just met with him to restart some treatments
I started out with clomid but my lining was thin so I was switched to another med but I cant remember the name. My lining was still thin so we started injectable medication. Follistum and did this for 3 months. Everything seemed to be good but I didn't get pregnancy so we did the follistum with an IUI for 3 months and still no pregnancy. We decided to take a break and ended up getting pregnant on our own. We will be starting with the injectable medication again as soon as I start my cycle. We will not be doing the IUI as he doesn't think I have a problem getting pregnant. Had a miscarriage a year ago. He thinks it a quality of egg issue. I'm not ready to do IVF.
the nursing staff was ok. I remember one of them telling me it was ok to drink at my sisters wedding that weekend when I had one of my IUI treatments. The last thing on my mind was to get drunk at my sisters wedding when all I was wanting was to have a baby. I could have done without that advice
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
very professional looking. makes you feel comfortable. they do ask that you not bring any children which is helpful for many
the main cost I remember was the injectable medications and the going to many ultrasounds per cycle. The IUI was also expensive and needed to be paid before the procedure
Describe Steffen Christensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
none

2013 - 2016
Dr Cain started out conservatively with my first IVF cycle. She noted that I always responded well to femara, so she was confident about getting enough good quality eggs without over stimulating....She recommended ICSI, as I was older and evidently older eggs can be difficult for the sperm to penetrate....Dr Cain was always professional and honest. She took the time to familiarize herself with my history at each visit. She was compassionate and encouraging. She talked to me on a level I could understand, never condescending. I felt comfortable and confident under her care.
The clinic [Sanford - Fargo] is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful...The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI...The nurses always communicated with me very thoroughly. I never had to wait long for an answer to a question or a test result.
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Ask lots of questions. She will take the time to explain as many times as needed.
She always knew who I was, why I was there, what my history was
Dr Cain started out conservatively with my first IVF cycle. She noted that I always responded well to femara, so she was confident about getting enough good quality eggs without over stimulating. Bravelle + Menopur for follicle stimulation, then Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, and Novarel trigger. Menopur dosage was increased a little when my blood estrogen levels were low in the beginning. I used crinone for progesterone. She chose She recommended ICSI, as I was older and evidently older eggs can be difficult for the sperm to penetrate. She retrieved 9 eggs, all 9 fertilized. We transferred two on day 5, and froze 3. Both embryos implanted, but one was blighted ovum. I had a healthy single pregnancy and a full term live birth. Two years later, we did a frozen transfer. For that cycle, she altered the protocol a bit to accommodate my allergy to adhesive. Estrace: Oral, 2mg twice a day, increased to add vaginal estrogen, Progesterone: Crinone gel twice a day, then later added PIO. We transferred just one embryo, upon my request. Again, it was successful, though we terminated at 20 weeks due to severe anencephaly.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI. The total was about $15,000 not including medications.
Dr Cain left it up to us to decide how many. She strongly recommended two both times.
Fargo

I felt like Dr [Steffan Christensen] seemed so busy each time I saw him and just was concerned about following procedure rather than treat as an individual. He would answer my questions if I had them. I felt like he was trying to push me into IVF without doing more investigating if there was something else going on that could be treated first... Dr seemed to treat me as if I were like every other patient rather than listen to my thoughts and concerns
This [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is a very busy clinic with 3 doctors. I didn't get the option to get to choose only one doctor, so each visit you would have a different Doctor. The doctors were very routine and didn't show much compassion. I had 4 unsuccessful IUI's and unsuccessful 1 IVF cycle. With 9 eggs retrieved only 2 made it. We did 1 fresh transfer and froze the other embryo. After the fresh transfer failed we decided to try a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo and unfortunately our embryo did not survive the thaw, which I was told before the whole IVF process that it is very rare and they don't have this happen much.
I felt like Dr seemed so busy each time I saw him and just was concerned about following procedure rather than treat as an individual. He would answer my questions if I had them. I felt like he was trying to push me into IVF without doing more investigating if there was something else going on that could be treated first.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and push for what you think is right for YOU and not what the doctor wants that has worked for other patients.
I believe it was standard protocol. I believe he only performed 2 of my IUI's which seemed very routine for him. He performed my egg retrieval and I remember waking up from surgery and my first question was how many eggs did we retrieve and he didn't know and had to call up to a nurse...I was very suspicious about that!
I felt way better working with the nursing staff than the Doctors. The nurses were great!
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very busy clinic with 3 doctors. I didn't get the option to get to choose only one doctor, so each visit you would have a different Doctor. The doctors were very routine and didn't show much compassion. I had 4 unsuccessful IUI's and unsuccessful 1 IVF cycle. With 9 eggs retrieved only 2 made it. We did 1 fresh transfer and froze the other embryo. After the fresh transfer failed we decided to try a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo and unfortunately our embryo did not survive the thaw, which I was told before the whole IVF process that it is very rare and they don't have this happen much.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
These appointments were very quick and easy
My insurance did not cover any preocedures for infertility. They would still try billing my insurance and then I would get the bills weeks later and they were very confusing. I ended up calling the finance dept with questions often.

2009 - 2015
PCOS, Other
2009 - 2015
PCOS, Other
Dr. Christensen never rushed the appointments, he always made sure all of my questions were answered and that I fully understood everything. He's kind and sympathizes with you when you are having a hard day with everything. He always makes you feel like you are the priority.
Always ask questions! Never hesitate in calling or brining a list of questions. They are happy to answer all of them!
Dr. Christensen and his entire staff went above and beyond to make sure I received the best care. Whenever I called and had questions, his nurses were always so kind and took the time and patience answering any questions until I felt comfortable. They were always quick to return phone calls and get any test results back to me in a timely manner. I could go on and on about the wonderful treatment I received from everyone there.
My first round we used clomid and ovideral (trigger shot). I had awful side effects from clomid and the cycle failed. Dr. Christensen saw the side effects and he recommended we tried Femara next time first. The second round I started with Femara and the follicles didn't grow to optimal size so they put me on clomid and they grew but my uterine lining was thinned so they started me on estrace. I took the trigger shot and 2 weeks later I finally got a positive test! Dr. Christensen continued to monitor me until my 1st appointment with my OBGYN. At around 7 weeks I was required to go on progesterone and finished it at 12 weeks. I went on to give birth to a beautiful baby boy!
They always took the time to answer questions and never made me feel rushed. They always called back within in a timely manner as well.
7 IUI, IVF
Unexplained, Other
Just didn’t seem like she [Dr. Kristen Cain] was on top of her game with my meds and the dosing and then she wasn’t the best about ordering follow up test for me. When we went for our first consult she seemed great but more and more each visit It felt less and less like that first consult visit...We saw her for 7 iui’s plus other visits for one year and she never once pronounced our last name correctly. There where times she didn’t even know what meds I was doing that round
[Sanford Reproductive Medicine has] a nice building. You are able to do some tests at other facilities and have them sent to Fargo. It is in it nice private little area. No kids at clinic nice feature. It’s a nice cozy clinic doesn’t feel much like a clinic waiting room...The nurses at Sanford were awesome! Very prompt at returning phone calls. And very friendly and always wished you good luck and had words of encouragement...Had a day where no one called me with my lab results
7 IUI, IVF
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Just didn’t seem like she was on top of her game with my meds and the dosing and then she wasn’t the best about ordering follow up test for me. When we went for our first consult she seemed great but more and more each visit It felt less and less like that first consult visit
Speak up for want you want.
We did one round iui with clomid and then the remaining 6 where with Femara. I wasn’t put on metformin till I asked about it. If DR Cain wasn’t available I would see someone else and that was fine, but it was like Dr Cain never looked back to see what my medication dosings had been changed to the previous round and I would have to tell her.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
They have a nice building. You are able to do some tests at other facilities and have them sent to Fargo. It is in it nice private little area. No kids at clinic nice feature. It’s a nice cozy clinic doesn’t feel much like a clinic waiting room.
I felt prices where within range of other clinics for iui. IVf prices were a little high compared to other places.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Had a day where no one called me with my lab results
Fargo

Clomid was prescribed first [by Dr. Von Wald], with significant reduction in endometrial lining. My second cycle included 5 days of Letrozole and estradiol, with better lining and more mature follicles. My third cycle included 7 days of Letrozole and estradiol with the addition of Menopur for an IUI cycle...After the initial consultation, it felt like I was on a production line of fertility treatment. It took me asking a lot of questions and requesting more communication over the course of 3 months for the treatment and experience to feel personal to my body and needs.
The reception staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is usually great! The clinic has its own lab, which is very convenient and discreet in such a large hospital. Billing can be an issue with multiple insurances, so watch your statements closely to avoid overpaying...After the initial consultation, it felt like I was on a production line of fertility treatment. It took me asking a lot of questions and requesting more communication over the course of 3 months for the treatment and experience to feel personal to my body and needs...Clomid was prescribed first, with significant reduction in endometrial lining. My second cycle included 5 days of Letrozole and estradiol, with better lining and more mature follicles. My third cycle included 7 days of Letrozole and estradiol with the addition of Menopur for an IUI cycle. Progesterone was added following the insemination. My current cycle has included 5 days of Letrozole, 2 days of Menopur and estradiol with an IUI scheduled tomorrow.
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Von Wald seems knowledgeable in her field but lacks warmth and individualized care. As a patient with elevated BMI, she suggested weight loss. I asked for specific behaviors related to diet and movement to help support my treatment and was met with a blank stare. It is clear that I am seen as a less than ideal patient for asking questions.
Expect clinical knowledge with an aloof delivery.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The reception staff is usually great! The clinic has its own lab, which is very convenient and discreet in such a large hospital. Billing can be an issue with multiple insurances, so watch your statements closely to avoid overpaying.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Christensen] is very knowledgeable and makes sure you fully understand everything planned. He treats patients like individuals, not just a number or diagnosis. ... He took the time to sit down and talk about everything! He made sure we knew what was planned and understood everything. He is great and assured us we were taken care of and in the right place! ...
The clinic is a great welcoming and cozy place. All doctors work together to help patients when needed. The only thing you need to know when coming here is you are in great hands with Sanford Fargo Reproductive Medicine. ... They do their best to code with diagnosis' that way insurance will cover medicines and procedures. They offer many payment options and plans available for IVF ...
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
He is very knowledgeable and makes sure you fully understand everything planned. He treats patients like individuals, not just a number or diagnosis. We fully recommend him and the Fargo Reproductive Medicine clinic.
Don't be nervous, this is a good step to get answers and hopefully help you on your journey. He reminded us that everyones path is different and he really cares about all aspects of this, physically and emotionally.
Clomid to induce ovulation-didnt work well for us Femara to grow follicles-working so far! Ovidrel to trigger ovulation- He also makes sure you have monitoring done throughout your cycle to make sure everything is working correctly.
They are great! Very helpful, and get orders and prior authorization done to help take some of the stress off of you.
Fargo

She [Dr. Dahl] gave me a lot of information and always seemed to know what questions I had before I asked them. ... I could tell she throughly reviewed my results and my history. She explained what the numbers for each test meant. She also would go through my options if my current cycle didn’t work. ... She said we would be as agressive with treatment as I felt I could handle. ... She was always positive and encouraging. ... She is thorough and is very knowledgeable about her field.
I think it is a strength that they [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] have a team of doctors working together on each patient. It helps to see other doctors and their varying perspectives. ... They [nurses] were always kind and worked hard to schedule my appointments and answer my questions. ... Every office visit or telemedicine visit cost around $200. Ultra sound $300. Medicine ranged from $100 to $600 a month. The IUI and sperm washing about $800 a month.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I could tell she throughly reviewed my results and my history. She explained what the numbers for each test meant. She also would go through my options if my current cycle didn’t work. She was always positive and encouraging.
She is thorough and is very knowledgeable about her field. I trust that she is doing everything she can to help me achieve my dreams!
She gave me a lot of information and always seemed to know what questions I had before I asked them.
I started with just pills to grow follicles. My body was responding well but she wanted to lay down the facts about being aggressive because of my age. She said we would be as agressive with treatment as I felt I could handle. We are currently using injections and IUI. I fear we will not be able to afford the IVF stage if nothing else works.
They were always kind and worked hard to schedule my appointments and answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I think it is a strength that they have a team of doctors working together on each patient. It helps to see other doctors and their varying perspectives. The weakness is that some of the doctors had more expertise than the others and it is a disappointment when you are scheduled with the lesser doctor. One can’t help think this cycle might not work because of it.

IUI, 1 IVF
The first embryo transfer [with Dr. Kristen Cain] failed with a single embryo so we decided to implant 2 the second time...After discussing pros/cons it was up to us to make the final decision...This resulted in a singleton pregnancy that was successful...After discussing pros/cons it was up to us to make the final decision...was efficient but always had time to check in with me to see how I was doing and chat about normal life during appointments
The up front cost for the egg retrieval [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] and first FET were just under 18k, the second FET was just under 6K. There was another couple grand with extra ultrasounds and bloodwork that ended up being needed...Everyone that was involved with any of my appointments were always compassionate...the clinic, staff and Dr. Cain went above and beyond to make that situation better as best as they could. This proved to me how much they really did care about how their patients were treated.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cain always made sure I understood what we were doing throughout the process and why we were doing it. I thought she took sufficient time with us but also was efficient. I didn't doubt her capabilities during the process.
Trust her knowledge.
Dr. Cain was efficient but always had time to check in with me to see how I was doing and chat about normal life during appointments.
I do not remember specifics but I know I was taking estrogen and injecting progesterone. The first embryo transfer failed with a single embryo so we decided to implant 2 the second time. This resulted in a singleton pregnancy that was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
We ended up in a very difficult position that is too personal to mention but the clinic, staff and Dr. Cain went above and beyond to make that situation better as best as they could. This proved to me how much they really did care about how their patients were treated.
The up front cost for the egg retrieval and first FET were just under 18k, the second FET was just under 6K. There was another couple grand with extra ultrasounds and bloodwork that ended up being needed.
We discussed both a lot since our first transfer failed when using a single embryo. After discussing pros/cons it was up to us to make the final decision.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Christensen came recommended to me and I recommended him to several friends. Since then, we all have children or children on the way....Dr. Christensen was a more open book doctor. He took what we wanted as patients and what he thought would work and went with it. I over stimulated on a high dose round, but it was our 4th iui round and he was hoping for more eggs. My body just responded differentlu that round.
They [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] offer an amazing facility. It is child free with a fireplace in the waiting room. They offer complimentary chocolates and keurig beverages. It is also very clean and private with a nice view to the east....Honestly, this clinic is so small that you dont spend too much time with the nurses but they remember you and are very compassionate.... Dr. Christensen does a great job of reassuring you as a patient. He is a very personable guy and doesn't talk above the patient.
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Christensen came recommended to me and I recommended him to several friends. Since then, we all have children or children on the way. He is a remarkable doctor and his only downfall is his age. I hope he never retires from this profession.
Be thorough with asking questions, he is always there to answer them and he listens to concerns. He told us what hr thought we should do, we wanted to start smaller and he was okay with that. Worked hard to get us medications at an affordable price. In the end, he knew best and his suggestion worked.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
They offer an amazing facility. It is child free with a fireplace in the waiting room. They offer complimentary chocolates and keurig beverages. It is also very clean and private with a nice view to the east.
IuI was about $5000 a round. Ivf was closer to $20,000 for the full round with retrieval.
Again, he was very open to hearing our thoughts while providing knowledgable and thoughtful insight.

2011 - 2017
Dr. Christensen has a kind of quirky personality. He tends to give you all the information, and yet is still able to be lighthearted with you...He was willing to discuss treatment with me at length, and answer all questions. His office also responded quickly to email questions... The only thing he ever did that bothered me was an offhand remark about having two kids in one bedroom when we were first trying for our second baby. But other than that, he was a really great guy.
They [the nurses at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] are knowledgeable, kind, and answered any questions I had...Everyone working at the clinic had great empathy. They are kind, compassionate and excited for you when you do conceive. I was always very comfortable with everyone working there, from the front desk, to the ultrasound tech, to the nurses and the doctors.
2011 - 2017
Dr. Christensen has a kind of quirky personality. He tends to give you all the information, and yet is still able to be lighthearted with you. The only thing he ever did that bothered me was an offhand remark about having two kids in one bedroom when we were first trying for our second baby. But other than that, he was a really great guy.
With our first child we use Clomid and a trigger shot and was pregnant with the first cycle. With our second child we did Clomid for 3 months, my body didn't respond to it. So he switched me to Femara and the trigger shot. We got pregnant on our fourth cycle, which was the first with Femara. For third baby we tried Femara, my body didn't respond and so he gave me a second round of Femara within that cycle. My body ended up ovulating on its own, but having sensed that my husband and I were together and it resulted in a pregnancy.
They are knowledgeable, kind, and answered any questions I had.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Christensen spends real quality time with his patients. He sees you after every ultrasound to go through the results and let’s you know any adjustments to your medications and care right away. He answers all questions thoroughly... I used Gonal-F, Menopur and Ganirelix throughout my IVF cycle. Doses were adjusted numerous times to try and help with the number of eggs being made
The strengths of the clinic [Sanford Reproductive Med] are great, kind, compassionate staff. The response time with questions is amazing! The nurses are very knowledgeable and the IVF coordinator is super compassionate...The biggest weakness of the clinic is cost....We paid $15,000 for one IVF cycle and another $5,000 for FET.... The nurses are super efficient! They are very compassionate and answer mychart messages almost instantly!
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Be expected to love your doctor! He is so kind, funny, and willing to do whatever he can to help you
Dr Christensen is very down to earth, kind, compassionate and does whatever he can to help get you pregnant
The nurses are super efficient! They are very compassionate and answer mychart messages almost instantly! They also help with medications if you are running short. I was donated samples during my cycle and it was so helpful
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths of the clinic are great, kind, compassionate staff. The response time with questions is amazing! The nurses are very knowledgeable and the IVF coordinator is super compassionate. Doses of medications are adjusted throughout the IVF cycle to help yield the most amount of eggs. The biggest weakness of the clinic is cost. An IVF cycle is very expensive and we found not afford to do a second retrieval
We paid $15,000 for one IVF cycle and another $5,000 for FET. The costs were high
Doctors will leave it up to the patient to transfer 1 or 2 embryos
Fargo

I was able to have very detailed conversation with Dr. Christensen. He took in to account my science/health knowledge, and gave me very informative responses to any concerns I had. He was very warm and welcoming at all appointments. We would chat about various events occurring in my life which made me feel more comfortable talking to him as a provider... My IVF protocol involved the usage of 75 units Menopur and 225 units Bravelle. A few days prior to egg retrieval I also administered Ganirelex.
The nursing staff [at Sanford] was very competent in performing necessary procedures, were warm and welcoming, and very thoroughly involved in my treatment. Everyone knew me by name, and were very supportive throughout the entire process.... For the most part, I generally always saw my primary RE. However, due to scheduling conflicts I was also scheduled with the other two REs in the practice.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. ART is a challenging process with many intricate details. If you don't understand an aspect of your treatment, simply ask for clarification.
He was very welcome to discussion about treatments. He evaluated any questions I had about my treatment, and gave a meaningful and thoughtful response.
The nursing staff was very competent in performing necessary procedures, were warm and welcoming, and very thoroughly involved in my treatment. Everyone knew me by name, and were very supportive throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I don't recall specifics of my costs. My insurance covered reproductive treatments which helped considerably with cost.
He suggested either eSET or a max of two embryos transfer for me. We were given both the risks and benefits of doing both procedures.

Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Steffen Christensen] is an amazing doctor! My experience as a patient there have yet to get my desired results but we are not done yet! Look forward to working with them again in the near future! He was always very informative and understanding of feelings. I always enjoyed seeing him, great personality and humor to go with it! Very smart and always made myself and my husband feel good about what we are doing!
This clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is absolutely amazing, from the office people, to the nursing staff, radiology staff...and to the Doctors. Their compassion for what they do shows in every aspect of everything they do!... Always had amazing experience with the nursing staff. You eventually get to know them by name and they do the same for you! Never had 1 issue. Great team at that clinic!
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He is an amazing doctor! My experience as a patient there have yet to get my desired results but we are not done yet! Look forward to working with them again in the near future! He was always very informative and understanding of feelings. I always enjoyed seeing him, great personality and humor to go with it! Very smart and always made myself and my husband feel good about what we are doing!
Listen to him!
He has amazing bedside manner, very informative, great personality, very informative and to the point.
We tried a few different types of medication.. Ending with the best dose of Femara 10mg for days, with a follow up trigger shot...Over our journey we have had 3 unsuccessful IUI treatments.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is absolutely amazing, from the office people, to the nursing staff, radiology staff...and to the Doctors. Their compassion for what they do shows in every aspect of everything they do!
The costs have been what I expected, my insurance does not cover any kind of treatment