Sanford Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1111 Harwood Drive South
Fargo, ND 58104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Nursing staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you...They charge what I’ve seen a lot of places charge. Nothing outrageous but not the cheapest either...Very fast to get referrals and everything you need done to ease that stress on you. Takes a ew days to hear back with questions directly to doctors. Nursing staff is amazing. Doctor me are very knowledgeable and eager to help to achieve pregnancy in the least invasive/expensive way for you.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dahl is very great about calling you personally to talk about any questions you have. They are also very quick to getting treatment started and working around your schedule.
Nursing staff is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She is very quick to start treatment. Was very good about answering questions. We are dealing with male infertility as well as female and she set us up with a urologist she liked and we are now able to move forward with our treatments again. My only complaint is it can take a few days to hear back when you ask a question. Other than that I love the clinic in Fargo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Go in with all the questions you have and don’t be afraid to ask. These doctors are here to help you and you should be comfortable to ask those difficult questions.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did a ton of lab work and uktrasound. Did a semin analysis on the first visit as well. Scheduled another HSG since it’s been over a year since my last one. Started with promethium to induce cycle, ultrasound cycle day 3, femara 5mg cd 4-8, Menopur 75iu days 9-12, folicules can day 13 and ovidril trigger if ready, timed intercourse or iui and progesterone suppositories in the two week wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Sometimes I found the nursing staff [at Sanford] to be uninformed and not instill very much confidence. At other times I found them helpful - but they are usually very responsive at least...The clinic is pushing through a lot of patients and this seems to lead to staff not really knowing your case very well from one appointment to the next...The clinic's default is to have a CNP make treatment decisions. And I often felt as though my treatment plan was forgotten from one appointment to the next.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
It is very difficult to actually get Dr. Von Wald's advice or recommendation. The clinic's default is to have a CNP make treatment decisions. And I often felt as though my treatment plan was forgotten from one appointment to the next. However, I did appreciate a call on a Saturday from Dr. Von Wald changing the course of treatment from what the CNP had directed. She was only reviewing my plan because I had an appointment booked with her for the following week. So I learned that it was very important to be proactive and demand meetings with her.
Sometimes I found the nursing staff to be uninformed and not instill very much confidence. At other times I found them helpful - but they are usually very responsive at least. I just had to push back to make sure they'd checked with Dr. Von Wald when they provided advice.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I was happy with my meetings with Dr. Von Wald but recognized that she is extremely busy and that she probably wasn't as involved with my course of treatment as I would have liked. I chose her, not the NPs, but unfortunately I usually dealt with the NPs. She also had very little to offer me in the way of treatment and explanation of recurrent pregnancy loss. I don't think this is her specialty. Although she is busy, she never rushed me through my discussions with her and welcomed most of my questions. She was somewhat dismissive of a couple of concerns I had, such as about MTHFR. But ultimately she agreed to test me for it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Know that she is extremely smart and you can trust her, but that you may not be able to deal with her as often as you expect. And you will need to push back if you are doubting the advice you get from Angie or Shanna, and request that they confirm with Dr. Von Wald.
Describe the protocols Tiffany Von Wald used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She prescribed Letrozole at the lowest dose for the first cycle without results. So in the second cycle she doubled the dose and added a trigger shot. This did not lead to pregnancy. In the third cycle, she took the same approach to the Letrozole but recommended an earlier ultrasound and subsequent trigger shot. This protocol resulted in pregnancy but ended shortly thereafter as a chemical pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tiffany Von Wald at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I paid for the medications, visits, and procedures and the clinic ran everything through insurance.
Tiffany Von Wald
2012 - 2017
the nursing staff [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine] was ok. I remember one of them telling me it was ok to drink at my sisters wedding that weekend when I had one of my IUI treatments. The last thing on my mind was to get drunk at my sisters wedding when all I was wanting was to have a baby. ... I started out with clomid but my lining was thin so I was switched to another med but I cant remember the name. My lining was still thin so we started injectable medication. Follistum and did this for 3 months. Everything seemed to be good but I didn't get pregnancy so we did the follistum with an IUI for 3 months and still no pregnancy. We decided to take a break and ended up getting pregnant on our own.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
very professional looking. makes you feel comfortable. they do ask that you not bring any children which is helpful for many
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
he is so personable. Even though we didn't have success in 2012, I recently just met with him to restart some treatments
the nursing staff was ok. I remember one of them telling me it was ok to drink at my sisters wedding that weekend when I had one of my IUI treatments. The last thing on my mind was to get drunk at my sisters wedding when all I was wanting was to have a baby. I could have done without that advice
How was your experience with Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Steffen Christensen is very personable and makes you feel like he really cares about you. In 2012, I went through some treatments and they were unsuccessful. I know that he would adjust my treatments each month. It was very frustrating to continually have a negative test but Dr Christensen always keep it positive. We ended up pausing our treatments due to having insurance that didn't cover anything. One this that was very nice was that many time Dr C would give us free samples of some of the injectable medication. This was very helpful to us at the time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
He is an awesome Dr and very personable. This is a stressful time and he helps to put you at ease.
Describe the protocols Steffen Christensen used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I started out with clomid but my lining was thin so I was switched to another med but I cant remember the name. My lining was still thin so we started injectable medication. Follistum and did this for 3 months. Everything seemed to be good but I didn't get pregnancy so we did the follistum with an IUI for 3 months and still no pregnancy. We decided to take a break and ended up getting pregnant on our own. We will be starting with the injectable medication again as soon as I start my cycle. We will not be doing the IUI as he doesn't think I have a problem getting pregnant. Had a miscarriage a year ago. He thinks it a quality of egg issue. I'm not ready to do IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steffen Christensen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
the main cost I remember was the injectable medications and the going to many ultrasounds per cycle. The IUI was also expensive and needed to be paid before the procedure
Describe Steffen Christensen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
none
2013 - 2016
The clinic [Sanford - Fargo] is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful...The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI...The nurses always communicated with me very thoroughly. I never had to wait long for an answer to a question or a test result.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very well organized. No matter who I talked to, they always seemed to know what was going on with me. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She always knew who I was, why I was there, what my history was
How was your experience with Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cain was always professional and honest. She took the time to familiarize herself with my history at each visit. She was compassionate and encouraging. She talked to me on a level I could understand, never condescending. I felt comfortable and confident under her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Ask lots of questions. She will take the time to explain as many times as needed.
Describe the protocols Kristen Cain used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Cain started out conservatively with my first IVF cycle. She noted that I always responded well to femara, so she was confident about getting enough good quality eggs without over stimulating. Bravelle + Menopur for follicle stimulation, then Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, and Novarel trigger. Menopur dosage was increased a little when my blood estrogen levels were low in the beginning. I used crinone for progesterone. She chose She recommended ICSI, as I was older and evidently older eggs can be difficult for the sperm to penetrate. She retrieved 9 eggs, all 9 fertilized. We transferred two on day 5, and froze 3. Both embryos implanted, but one was blighted ovum. I had a healthy single pregnancy and a full term live birth. Two years later, we did a frozen transfer. For that cycle, she altered the protocol a bit to accommodate my allergy to adhesive. Estrace: Oral, 2mg twice a day, increased to add vaginal estrogen, Progesterone: Crinone gel twice a day, then later added PIO. We transferred just one embryo, upon my request. Again, it was successful, though we terminated at 20 weeks due to severe anencephaly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Cain at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The costs were detailed early on in the process. I don't recall the specifics, but it was broken down by office visits, ultrasounds, lab work, retrieval, transfer, and extras like ICSI. The total was about $15,000 not including medications.
Describe Kristen Cain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Cain left it up to us to decide how many. She strongly recommended two both times.
Kristen Cain
Fargo
This [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is a very busy clinic with 3 doctors. I didn't get the option to get to choose only one doctor, so each visit you would have a different Doctor. The doctors were very routine and didn't show much compassion. I had 4 unsuccessful IUI's and unsuccessful 1 IVF cycle. With 9 eggs retrieved only 2 made it. We did 1 fresh transfer and froze the other embryo. After the fresh transfer failed we decided to try a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo and unfortunately our embryo did not survive the thaw, which I was told before the whole IVF process that it is very rare and they don't have this happen much.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very busy clinic with 3 doctors. I didn't get the option to get to choose only one doctor, so each visit you would have a different Doctor. The doctors were very routine and didn't show much compassion. I had 4 unsuccessful IUI's and unsuccessful 1 IVF cycle. With 9 eggs retrieved only 2 made it. We did 1 fresh transfer and froze the other embryo. After the fresh transfer failed we decided to try a frozen cycle with our remaining embryo and unfortunately our embryo did not survive the thaw, which I was told before the whole IVF process that it is very rare and they don't have this happen much.
Dr seemed to treat me as if I were like every other patient rather than listen to my thoughts and concerns
I felt way better working with the nursing staff than the Doctors. The nurses were great!
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I felt like Dr seemed so busy each time I saw him and just was concerned about following procedure rather than treat as an individual. He would answer my questions if I had them. I felt like he was trying to push me into IVF without doing more investigating if there was something else going on that could be treated first.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and push for what you think is right for YOU and not what the doctor wants that has worked for other patients.
I believe it was standard protocol. I believe he only performed 2 of my IUI's which seemed very routine for him. He performed my egg retrieval and I remember waking up from surgery and my first question was how many eggs did we retrieve and he didn't know and had to call up to a nurse...I was very suspicious about that!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
These appointments were very quick and easy
My insurance did not cover any preocedures for infertility. They would still try billing my insurance and then I would get the bills weeks later and they were very confusing. I ended up calling the finance dept with questions often.
2009 - 2015
PCOS, Other
2009 - 2015
PCOS, Other
Dr. Christensen and his entire staff went above and beyond to make sure I received the best care. Whenever I called and had questions, his nurses were always so kind and took the time and patience answering any questions until I felt comfortable. They were always quick to return phone calls and get any test results back to me in a timely manner. I could go on and on about the wonderful treatment I received from everyone there.
They always took the time to answer questions and never made me feel rushed. They always called back within in a timely manner as well.
Dr. Christensen never rushed the appointments, he always made sure all of my questions were answered and that I fully understood everything. He's kind and sympathizes with you when you are having a hard day with everything. He always makes you feel like you are the priority.
Always ask questions! Never hesitate in calling or brining a list of questions. They are happy to answer all of them!
My first round we used clomid and ovideral (trigger shot). I had awful side effects from clomid and the cycle failed. Dr. Christensen saw the side effects and he recommended we tried Femara next time first. The second round I started with Femara and the follicles didn't grow to optimal size so they put me on clomid and they grew but my uterine lining was thinned so they started me on estrace. I took the trigger shot and 2 weeks later I finally got a positive test! Dr. Christensen continued to monitor me until my 1st appointment with my OBGYN. At around 7 weeks I was required to go on progesterone and finished it at 12 weeks. I went on to give birth to a beautiful baby boy!
Steffen Christensen
The nursing staff [at Sanford] was very competent in performing necessary procedures, were warm and welcoming, and very thoroughly involved in my treatment. Everyone knew me by name, and were very supportive throughout the entire process.... For the most part, I generally always saw my primary RE. However, due to scheduling conflicts I was also scheduled with the other two REs in the practice.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
He was very welcome to discussion about treatments. He evaluated any questions I had about my treatment, and gave a meaningful and thoughtful response.
The nursing staff was very competent in performing necessary procedures, were warm and welcoming, and very thoroughly involved in my treatment. Everyone knew me by name, and were very supportive throughout the entire process.
I was able to have very detailed conversation with Dr. Christensen. He took in to account my science/health knowledge, and gave me very informative responses to any concerns I had. He was very warm and welcoming at all appointments. We would chat about various events occurring in my life which made me feel more comfortable talking to him as a provider.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any. ART is a challenging process with many intricate details. If you don't understand an aspect of your treatment, simply ask for clarification.
My IVF protocol involved the usage of 75 units Menopur and 225 units Bravelle. A few days prior to egg retrieval I also administered Ganirelex.
I don't recall specifics of my costs. My insurance covered reproductive treatments which helped considerably with cost.
He suggested either eSET or a max of two embryos transfer for me. We were given both the risks and benefits of doing both procedures.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
This clinic [Sanford Reproductive Medicine] is absolutely amazing, from the office people, to the nursing staff, radiology staff...and to the Doctors. Their compassion for what they do shows in every aspect of everything they do!... Always had amazing experience with the nursing staff. You eventually get to know them by name and they do the same for you! Never had 1 issue. Great team at that clinic!
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is absolutely amazing, from the office people, to the nursing staff, radiology staff...and to the Doctors. Their compassion for what they do shows in every aspect of everything they do!
He has amazing bedside manner, very informative, great personality, very informative and to the point.
He is an amazing doctor! My experience as a patient there have yet to get my desired results but we are not done yet! Look forward to working with them again in the near future! He was always very informative and understanding of feelings. I always enjoyed seeing him, great personality and humor to go with it! Very smart and always made myself and my husband feel good about what we are doing!
Listen to him!
We tried a few different types of medication.. Ending with the best dose of Femara 10mg for days, with a follow up trigger shot...Over our journey we have had 3 unsuccessful IUI treatments.
The costs have been what I expected, my insurance does not cover any kind of treatment
2012 - 2017
They [Sanford - Fargo] are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule...15,000-18,000 with medications included in that...[Nurses] Friendly. Super easy to ask questions and always responsive. Didn't make you feel out of place. Made you feel like you were right at home and so passionate!! 😄 Cared about how doing and YOU
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
They are very welcoming, accommodating and give you to knowledge you need. The scheduling of appointments is sometimes hard. They have a full schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Very friendly, talks real but not over your head. Gives the perfect amount of info! Makes you welcomed
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
He is so welcoming. Friendly. Makes you feel at ease and not nervous. Easy to talk to and ask questions. Does not talk over your head!! Gives great info but not too much info. Explains risks but not in a scary way
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
He is great!! You will feel right at home!
Describe the protocols Keith Hansen used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We tried clomid with times intercourse for 4 cycles. No pregnancies. Keith recommend us to try another route by gave us the option to be as aggressive as we liked. We tried 3 IUI's with clomid. No pregnancies. We didn't want to continue to waste time and money and he said if we were ready then IVF next route. We did shots along with IVF. We conceived on first round!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
15,000-18,000 with medications included in that.
Describe Keith Hansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
He told us it was our choice. Due to age and our history. Unexplained infertility, he seemed like 2 was a good options for us. He doesn't recommend over 2
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Ultrasounds/clinic visits [at Sanford Reproductive Medicine]-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800...They [nurses at Sanford] are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people...They have expanded they're clinic to help accommodate the rising infertility issues. More staff, more rooms, ect
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Hansen would sit and talk to us for hours and answering all our questions we had. He treated us like we were family.
They are all the most warm hearted, wonderful, cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you for hours people.
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Hansen is very sympathetic person. He wants the best results for every single patient of his. He would explain things to us in ways we could understand. He also has a way of making us relax in a stressful process.
Ask questions, he will sit for hours until you have no more questions. He will never make you feel like he is in a hurry and needs to be somewhere else.
I was diagnosed with PCOS, so I produce a lot of eggs. he had me on a protocol to produce less eggs but of higher quality. Instead of a ton of eggs at Ok-ish quality.
Ultrasounds/clinic visits-500$ a time IVF process 12,000 w/o meds ICSI- 2000 Genetic testing 4500 Iui 800 Saline infused ultrasound 800
dr. Hansen, my husband and I all decided together to do 1 embryo transfers based on the high quality embryo and genetically tested normal to help reduce multiples or miscarriages.
Fargo
They [the nursing staff at Sanford Reproductive Medicine-Fargo] were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me... My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. ... I used menopur, hcg, gonal f, and centricide. I didn't end up pregnant but my body responded well to the meds and had16 eggs retrieved.
He was easy to talk to and took the time to make sure we fully understood everything. He was gentle with his responses, upfront and honest.
The were awesome! They answered all my questions, returned my calls and emails with in same day. They took the time to throughly go through all the steps required for my meds which was very important to me
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
He was the one who called me with the news that we couldn't move forward with an embryo transfer since the embryos didn't fully develop. He was empathetic and even stayed on the phone with me while I had an emotional breakdown. He talked me through it and advised we can still try again or think about donor eggs. Every time we mee with him he was upbeat and positive.
Don't give up
My loan package was 23,000 which covered 2 IVF cycles. My first one was October 2016 and was unsuccessful. My next will be June 2017
2013 - 2015
No one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans...they want to get in and get out to finish their day.
2013 - 2015
I barely was seen by Dr. HAnsen himself. mostly seen by his nurse practitioners. I felt as though they made me feel less like a number than a human- but they are still a doctors office and this is routine for them- they want to get in and get out to finish their day. the nurses at the office were less warm and fuzzy, and the secretaries (better now) but in 2013 when we started the treatment, they were not helpful and very grumpy.
nothing really- no one went out of their way to be nice or make sure I knew the plans.
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
he has compassion. he does not see you every time- just for consults and then his NPs do the rest. But then he gets to charge you another consult when you are "finished" with that phase of treatments- like we did IUI then after that didn't work we have to pay 600 dollars for another consult to discuss IVF (which we had initially discussed ivf after iui if it didn't work).
overall we had a good experience, but we are still in the process and going to be starting ivf- at another facility since their numbers are not good.
2011 - 2012
Excellent nursing staff [at Sanford]! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things...Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures....Dr. Hansen is extremely knowledgeable about infertility treatment. I also did my own research and consulted with him about my findings, he was very open to discussion options with me. Even if I hadn't been successful, I would still recommend him.
2011 - 2012
We always had very frank discussions, and he treated me with respect.
Excellent nursing staff! They were so kind to me. And also were very responsive to e-mails I sent regarding to my protocol when I was in the middle of things.
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Know what you are getting into, do research, talk about treatment with other people who have gone through it. All of that will help when meeting with the doctor.
I did five IUIs without success. I decided to try IVF, Dr. Hansen recommended the agonist protocol. My research also suggested that would work best considering my age (40 at the time) and egg quality. I took Menopur and Bravelle at highest dosages. Dr. Hansen retrieved 10 eggs, two were fractured and not usable for IVF. He used ICSI to inseminate 8 eggs. Two high quality, 5 day embryos were transferred. One implanted. None of the other embryos were of good enough quality to freeze.
Costs were not covered by my insurance. I was billed for procedures.
2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Overall we were satisfied with the care [at Sanford]...[Nursing Staff] Very controlling, didn't listen to me, we did have some unusual circumstances which the doc understood but nurses weren't very understanding about. We were not very impressed with the nursing care...Communication issues with nurses, compromise of my privacy with another health center...We really really liked Dr Dahl and would highly recommend her....She is personable and compassionate and super helpful.
2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we were satisfied with the care.
Dr Dahl was super compassionate (We weren't anywhere near as happy with her nursing staff). We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were small. Eventually we went on to donor egg but we went elsewhere for a larger donor pool and better statistics. We really really liked Dr Dahl and would highly recommend her.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Really really liked her. She is personable and compassionate and super helpful. She listened well to our concerns. We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were low, but she was willing to work with us.
Not sure
We did injections and IUI. Only a couple cycles because we knew our chances were really small. Not successful so we moved on to donor egg. We went elsewhere for a larger donor pool and a clinic with more donor experience and better statistics.
All out of pocket
Fargo
[Sanford] Strength...They have a good team of doctors and nurses...Love them [nursing staff]!! All of them were great!!...Per IUI was $1500...Not so much in the office did I feel like this [treated like a human'] but the whole Sanford clinic as a whole I do. Especially when bills start coming in. I think they should wait to send out bills...I got a bill to pay the day my period came after my IUI...I loved Dr. Dahl. She is very patient and compassionate. She is very through in the care provided and explains everything! She is good to email or call you back if you have any questions or concerns too!
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Clinics weakness- we only have one in the area so not much of a choice for me. Strength...They have a good team of doctors and nurses
Not so much in the office did I feel like this but the whole Sanford clinic as a whole I do. Especially when bills start coming in. I think they should wait to send out bills...I got a bill to pay the day my period came after my IUI...
Love them!! All of them were great!!
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Go to your appt with h an open mind. Science​ and doctors can only help you so far...In the end the man upstairs knows the plan for you. I went with the expectation if becoming pregnant right away...Don't do that.
Clomid and an injectable to make me ovulate bc I think I ovulate later than normal and IUI due to poor Morpology with my husband's sperm.
Per IUI was $1500
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I can't say enough good things about the nursing staff at Sanford Repro. Kind, caring, real, down-to-earth, funny, compassionate.... The staff knew my name and always seemed genuinely excited to see me.... The only thing I would have liked to see done differently is a clearer guideline of when the different fees were due.
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The staff knew my name and always seemed genuinely excited to see me.
Dr. Christensen always made me feel comfortable is what were very uncomfortable situations. He is kind, caring, and endearing. I always felt calm seeing him. He made sure we understood what was going on and what we could expect. He shared things with us in a very straight forward manner while still being compassionate. Dr. C. was also my parents doctor back in the day. They loved him then just as my husband and I adore him now.
Relax. He will take care of you.
Fargo
The clinic [Sanford] is very clean and warm. I felt like they also tried to keep the environment "trigger free" as possible for ex. There was a sign saying not to bring children into the clinic which obviously is really nice for people who can't have any children...The nursing staff I had was always friendly and kind....Dr. Christensen was very friendly and honest. I had a very good experience with him(even though we did not end up pregnant)the only reason we had to stop our fertility treatments were due to the financial burden was all covered by us since insurance did not cover our care.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very clean and warm. I felt like they also tried to keep the environment "trigger free" as possible for ex. There was a sign saying not to bring children into the clinic which obviously is really nice for people who can't have any children.
The nursing staff I had was always friendly and kind.
Stay calm and let Dr. Christensen help.
I started on clomid and then had to take Ovidrel injections.
Around $3,000.00 was spent trying to get pregnant.
2011 - 2015
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Busy man so call asap for appointment and ask to be on cancellation list!
2011 - 2015
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Keith Hansen at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Great doctor. Never too busy to take the time to explain and answer questions. Highly recommend him. Has gotten me pregnant twice with dx of DOR-and with 2 morulas!
Busy man so call asap for appointment and ask to be on cancellation list!