Santa Barbara Fertility Center

Santa Barbara
536 East Arrellaga
Santa Barbara, CA 93103

1 patient review filtered by:

[Dr. Rene Allen] He is very quiet. He gives all the info you need to know if you ask the right questions. I have left his office a few times confused and would have to call to get things clarified by the nurses...We started with a physical exam, blood work, genetic testing and a HSG. We did three rounds of IUI with clomid and a trigger shot. The dosage of clomid was different the last two rounds. Then we moved on to IVF after all the IUIs failed
[Santa Barbara Fertility Center]Their strengths are that they are well organized, can be informative and are compassionate. Their weakness is lack of commutation sometimes. I feel like I have to do a lot of research because things were communicated well or I’ll call because I haven’t heard back from them soon enough...$3,000 for each IUI $11,000 for IVF $3,000 for frozen transfer $5,000 for meds
How was your experience with Rene Allen at Santa Barbara Fertility Center?
He is very quiet. He gives all the info you need to know if you ask the right questions. I have left his office a few times confused and would have to call to get things clarified by the nurses. So I try and do my own research before my next appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rene Allen at Santa Barbara Fertility Center?
Do your research before hand and ask lots of questions. He will only inform you details if you ask about it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rene Allen at Santa Barbara Fertility Center?
Dr.Allen is very kind and is always informative. His staff is loving and cares for your mental health along side your physical health. However sometimes I feel like Dr. Allen will only give information if you ask. So I have to do a lot of research before hand.
Describe the protocols Rene Allen used in your cycles at Santa Barbara Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We started with a physical exam, blood work, genetic testing and a HSG. We did three rounds of IUI with clomid and a trigger shot. The dosage of clomid was different the last two rounds. Then we moved on to IVF after all the IUIs failed. We did hormone injections, egg retrieval and a fresh transfer. After first attempted failed we did a fake round of treatment to do a biopsy to see if my body was retaining the hormones properly. Then did a frozen transfer round after the biopsy came back normal. That round failed and we did another fake round to do a biopsy to see if the timing was correct. It came back normal so we moved on to the next frozen transfer cycle and that failed. We did another frozen transfer round and that failed too. We stopped treatment after because of COVID-19
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Santa Barbara Fertility Center.
I love the nursing staff! They treat you like a real person. They talk to you can make sure you’re well mentally. They hug you when your sad from a failed treatment. I overall feel well cared for by them.
Describe your experience with Santa Barbara Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rene Allen at Santa Barbara Fertility Center.
$3,000 for each IUI $11,000 for IVF $3,000 for frozen transfer $5,000 for meds
Describe Rene Allen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Santa Barbara Fertility Center.
Dr.Allen let us make the decision of how many eggs to transfer. He would make his recommendations and we would decide. He wouldn’t recommend more than two.
What specific things went wrong at Santa Barbara Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Santa Barbara Fertility Center.
Dr.Allen did a biopsy in my uterus (very painful) and accidental put it in the wrong sample cup and had to do the procedure all over again.
Rene Allen