Santa Monica Fertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
2825 Santa Monica Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-907-7501
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Santa Monica Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 3Neutral: 19.5
9.8
1 doctor
9 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
9 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Santa Monica Fertility.
The clinic was willing to tailor a treatment program for my specific needs, something past doctors were not willing to do. They were very honest and extremely good at communicating. The down fall is the price. It was very pricey and they didn't give me the option to buy all of my donor's eggs. I had to buy in additional batched of 8 or 11, so additional costs of $30-50 thousand. I wish they had allowed me to buy them all at a different cost considering all her meds were already covered. I do think part of this was the fact that I chose to go through a clinic in the LA area.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Jain at Santa Monica Fertility?
He changed the treatment to specifically fit my needs. He made multiple phone calls at my request to ease my nerves and answer my 1 million questions. He was very honest, but kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Santa Monica Fertility. (Assigned nurse: LaNesha)
LaNesha was very efficient. She always returned my calls and emails. Her instructions were very explicit and easy to understand.
What specific things went wrong at Santa Monica Fertility?
How was your experience with John Jain at Santa Monica Fertility?
Dr. Jain was very prompt with his phone calls. I live out of state so was not able to meet him until the day of transfer, but he always returned my calls and my emails. I never felt rushed or brushed off. He seemed so much more knowledgeable about my specific issues than other doctor's I had worked with. When I wanted more information or had additional questions, he always made time and got back to me quickly with answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Jain at Santa Monica Fertility?
Ask all the questions you need to. Don't hesitate to ask for further explanations.
Describe the protocols John Jain used in your cycles at Santa Monica Fertility and their degree of success.
I completed a donor egg cycle which consisted on syncing my cycle with my donor's. I purchased 11 mature eggs from my donor, which resulted in 4 day 5 blasts. I transferred 2 which resulted in a singleton.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Jain at Santa Monica Fertility.
All initial consultations were free. I was able to speak with Dr. Jain and the nursing staff as well as find out about the availability of my potential donors before I paid anything. Dr. Jain also ordered a saline sonogram and some bloodwork to make sure donor eggs were possible before I paid the clinic. Once I chose a donor, I had to pay immediately in order to secure her for the dates I wanted. This was $30,000 for 8 mature eggs. After that it was the basic costs that go with a fertility treatment - meds, scans, bloodwork.
2012
9 Eggs Frozen
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
The level of service that I received at Santa Monica Fertility was outstanding. Dr. Jain himself and his staff were all very responsive. I recall never really having to wait for my monitoring appointments, and Dr. Jain took time to answer all of my questions...I recall the nursing staff to be prompt, polite, and efficient. I do recall at one point being asked to confirm my name and birth date on a label, and my birth date was wrong on it, which concerned me.
2012
9 Eggs Frozen
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Santa Monica Fertility.
It's just Dr. Jain, so he doesn't have the volume that some clinics in the area may have. However based on our conversation with him, we got the sense that he's see to seeing tougher cases than ours (unexplained, but really we got pregnant the second time we tried naturally and the only time tracking/temping - and haven't yet tried naturally since).
How was your experience with John Jain at Santa Monica Fertility?
I saw Dr. Jain shortly after my 35th birthday in 2012 for egg freezing, which at the time was either still experimental or had just recently lost its experimental designation. I saw him for an initial consultation during which he explained the process, and decided to proceed with an egg freezing cycle with him. I chose Dr. Jain because of his experience as something of a pioneer in egg freezing and wanted to make sure that the eggs were vitrified instead of slow frozen (it didn't hurt that his office was less than two miles from my home at the time and all of his degrees were from my alma mater - though I would have traveled further to cycle with him). He retrieved a modest number of mature eggs that are safely on ice. Unfortunately, I can't say whether those "worked" or will "work" as we've not yet tried to do anything with them. More than three years later, I found myself engaged to be married and curious about whether it made sense to look into using my few frozen eggs (concern about higher risk of aneuploidy being even older than I was then). I scheduled a follow up phone call with Dr. Jain, who noted that he didn't see any reason to think we wouldn't be able to get pregnant based on what he saw when he treated me, and suggested that we keep the frozen eggs as a last resort. He was right - we got pregnant with a NIPT normal baby the month after we got married, but unfortunately it didn't stick. Maybe 15 months after that phone call, we'd completed two cycles of IVF/ICSI for PGS elsewhere (in network because I had insurance coverage for those two cycles), and once again wanted to get his thoughts on inseminating the frozen eggs. We scheduled another follow up phone call, during which Dr. Jain took time to update himself on our situation, briefly reviewing records I'd dropped off in advance, and sort of thought out loud/walked through our options and his recommendation. Because of our loss and our ages, we would like to PGS test, but Dr. Jain advised waiting on using the frozen eggs until he might one day be able to offer same day PGS testing (not there yet) to avoid asking too much of the eggs/embryos (thaw, ICSI, culture, biopsy, freeze again, thaw again). He recommended one more IVF cycle for potential banking (and didn't push us at all to do it with him), and maybe going back to trying naturally since we appear to be able to get pregnant. We greatly appreciated his thoughts and honesty. In hindsight, I wish that I had done a little more homework myself on the odds and the numbers of frozen eggs needed on average for a take home baby. Dr. Jain didn't push me to do another cycle (which I appreciated at the time). I wish that I had frozen more eggs when I was younger (though it was really expensive and all out of pocket - and the technology wasn't even that far along when I was significantly younger), but I am grateful for the few frozen eggs that I do have and am confident that Dr. Jain will give me my best chances when it comes time to use them.
Generally speaking you get what you pay for. His services are not cheap, but you will receive excellent service.
For my egg freezing cycle, Dr. Jain used an antagonist protocol, starting me with 225 of FSH (Follistim). I continued on this for six days, then went down to 150 FSH and added 75 Menopur and Ganirellix on day 7, went back up to 225 FSH + 75 Menopur + Ganirellix on night 8, then just 225 FSH the morning of day 9 and triggered with 250 Ovidrel that night. I saw Dr Jain for all but I think one of my monitoring appointments. I think we retrieved 12 eggs, 9 of which were mature.
In 2012 approximately $13,000 for egg freezing cycle plus medication.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Kind, knowledgeable and professional. I actually adore all the nursing staff at Santa Monica Fertility. Julie, the donor egg coordinator is incredible. She spends as much time as you need finding the right fit and she's beyond kind. Jackie, Sarah and Marisol are wonderful...The clinic is so welcoming. They make it easy to begin and do all the work for you. I have recommended them multiple times and will continue to do so.
European, East Asian, Black or African-American
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Santa Monica Fertility.
Every person in the clinic knows me by name. They always call back and you can always reach someone by email. They never judge you and encourage open dialogue. They feel like family.
How was your experience with John Jain at Santa Monica Fertility?
He is kind and compassionate. He is detail oriented and will give you a clear picture of what you're up against. Nothing surprises him. He is completely non-judgemental. He is committed to getting you pregnant and does not encourage transferring multiple embryos. Incredibly intelligent
Really trust his judgment. He knows what he's doing.
He used a medrol pack, progesterone, baby aspirin, estradiol, intralipids, a couple of days of antibiotics pre transfer.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Jain, is an excellent and ethical doctor. He did so much for us, when our first cycle did not work, he told us for my partner to get control of his diabetes, which we did and came back 5 months later and he did our next cycle pro-bono. He helped us so much and I would refer anyone to him. But now that we have chosen to use a known donor, it makes more sense for us to stay in Vegas for our treatments, it just easier for everyone involved. I love both my Fertility doctors.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Santa Monica Fertility.
I have nothing but good reports for this office
Dr Jain, is amazing. Was so informative and fair, he took his time with us on every visit
Describe your experience with your nurse at Santa Monica Fertility.
No complaints. Even though it was stressful because we had to travel 4 hours to clinic, they were on top of labs coming from Dr up here in Vegas, So we didn't have to travel down to Santa Monica for every lab test.
Listen to him!!!
WE did progesterone suppositories and estrogen injections and pills. We used donor eggs.
Describe John Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Santa Monica Fertility.