Scott & White

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
Brenham
512-509-0200
2401 S. 31st St.
Temple, TX 76508
254-724-2150
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Scott & White to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 7Neutral: 19.5
The clinic [Scott & White] is and amazing fit for us and I wouldn’t change anything. The ease for making appointments is great, the entire staff from when you walk off the elevator to when you leave is so friendly and caring. I wouldn’t change anything.... [Nurse] She is amazing and goes above and beyond for all of Dr.Winceks patients.... We paid 3500 for the mini Icsi cycle then the medicated with timed intercourse cycles we paid out of pocket for the medicine which was about 200 a month.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
The clinic is and amazing fit for us and I wouldn’t change anything. The ease for making appointments is great, the entire staff from when you walk off the elevator to when you leave is so friendly and caring. I wouldn’t change anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
He treats us like he would treat his family. He is always there for you it doesn’t matter if it’s for the emotional struggles of infertility or medical.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly )
She is amazing and goes above and beyond for all of Dr.Winceks patients.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
From ththe first time we met with Dr. Wincek we knew he was a perfect fit for us. We told him from the beginning of our treatment what we expected and what not. After our first round of meds we conceived but it resulted in a miscarriage. When we went in to the appointment to diagnose as miscarriage he was so sweet and gentle but didn’t sugar coat our questions which from the beginning we told him not to sugar coat stuff for us. A year after our first appointment we had a failed mini ivf cycl and I think he was more disappointed than anyon that it was a failed cycle. All in all we love D. Wincek and trust him 100% and reccomend him to all of our friends!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
Let Dr. Wincek do his thing and set back and relax as much as possible.
Describe the protocols Thomas Wincek used in your cycles at Scott & White and their degree of success.
January 2017 HSG showed open tubes. March 2017 100mg clomid,7.5 femara and orvidril. Positive pregnancy test miscarriage at 6 weeks. June 2017 started clomid,femara and orvidril again 4 follicles. Repeated the same protocol till Dec 2017 with no result. Jan 2018 started Mini ICSI Cycle 3 20+ follicles on cd 12 triggered cr 12 retrieval cd 14 only one egg out of 3 follicles and it never progressed past day 2. Waiting for April period to start another Mini cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Wincek at Scott & White.
Insurance covered most of the testing and ultrasound well anything not coded fertility treatment. We paid 3500 for the mini Icsi cycle then the medicated with timed intercourse cycles we paid out of pocket for the medicine which was about 200 a month.
Describe Thomas Wincek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Scott & White.
Dr. Wincek plans to transfer 2 embryos if I have 2 make it to day 5 blast on our next cycle.
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr winceks office [Scott & White] is a very organized clinic. Very clean and welcoming as well. I’ve never had an issue in waiting for the doctor to come in to my room. He is very thorough! The check in desk is always very friendly as well.... Kimberly is a very caring and helpful nurse. Never once did I feel like I was asking too many questions on mychart. She always answered my questions quick!!... I believe iuis were around $800-$1000 Mini IVF is $3,500. Ivf is 9,000.
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
Dr winceks office is a very organized clinic. Very clean and welcoming as well. I’ve never had an issue in waiting for the doctor to come in to my room. He is very thorough! The check in desk is always very friendly as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly)
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
He is a very caring doctor and is willing to go out of his way to figure everything! I wanted to give up hope but he made my change the way I thought about it. He truely is a god sent! I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else!
Ask as many questions as you need and don’t think they are going to judge you. He is very understanding doctor!
We had tried for 2 1/2 years and was referred to see him and with both female and male factor dr wincek thought iui would be best. At that time we did clomid femera and bravelle and it was a successful pregnancy. My son will be 5 in September. We have been trying since him and had failed iuis and that’s when he mentioned ivf / Mini IVF. We did a mock round with clomid femera follistim and just tried at home since we didn’t have the money to pay for it but wanted to see how my body would respond. Then this time around same meds just did clomid a shorter time due to thin lining and follistim longer. And add progesterone shots as well bc of my lining.
I believe iuis were around $800-$1000 Mini IVF is $3,500. Ivf is 9,000. They are increasing prices very soon they said.
I didn’t know how many to do but I was thinking two just bc I know I have a lining issue plus scar tissue from surgeries due to my endometriosis. He honestly suggested two no more than that in my case. But everyone is different so just depends on your situation.
Temple
3500 for the mini IVF. Plus 1000 for injections [at Scott & White]...The clinic was great. Fast appointment times and welcoming attitudes from all. I would recommend the clinic to anyone. The prices are affordable as well...I only wish that [Dr. Thomas Wincek] would have listen to what I wanted...We were undergoing a Mini IVF cycle. I had requested to start on injectable after the first ultrasound showed my follicles weren’t growing fast, he declined and said to continue on my oral meds.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
The clinic was great. Fast appointment times and welcoming attitudes from all. I would recommend the clinic to anyone. The prices are affordable as well. For my case, I only wish that the doctor would have listen to what I wanted. I feel like I would be saying good bye to infertility and would have had a successful cycle.
He was caring and compassionate, however we always had to wait much longer than our appointment time to actually be seen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
She responded fast to me any time I sent a message. She also took time to show me the injections once we got them.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
We were undergoing a Mini IVF cycle. I had requested to start on injectable after the first ultrasound showed my follicles weren’t growing fast, he declined and said to continue on my oral meds. After 2 more ultrasounds he finally said to do injectables, but it was too late. We had to cancel the cycle completely due to poor response. I felt like it could have been avoided if we started on injecatbles sooner.
Be assertative!
I stunned with clomid and genera From cd 3-7. On CD14 he started me on gonal F to see if we could get the 7 follicles to grow any bigger than the 12mm they were at. On cd16 the cycle was cancelled due to no growth.
3500 for the mini IVF. Plus 1000 for injections. We only got to the ultrasounds, which we were charged for. All in all we paid 3500 and didn’t even get to the retrieval.
2013
The main nurse [at Scott & White] was amazing! She was pregnant, but never made me feel uncomfortable or sad that I wasn't yet...I never waited long to get in, I got appointments when I needed and the clinic was always clean. It's a beautiful facility. I love how it's connected to the hospital, so even if your doctor is delivering a baby, your appt shouldn't need to be cancelled...Dr. Pliego was such a warm and friendly doctor. I always understood everything I was to do and he never made me feel dumb
2013
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
The main nurse was amazing! She was pregnant, but never made me feel uncomfortable or sad that I wasn't yet
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
I was treated as a patient who needed kind care. If I had a worry or question, Dr. Pliego would make sure I got my answers and eliminated any fear I had. He even related his personal experiences with his wife to mine which gave me great comfort
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
You've picked the right doctor!
Describe the protocols Jose F. Pliego used in your cycles at Scott & White and their degree of success.
It's been several years but if I remember correctly, his protocol was clomid and times intercourse. When that failed, we did the Hsg after 3 cycles. Once I was pregnant on the fourth cycle, he monitored my levels and added progesterone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White.
My care was covered under just a copay. Myeds were only $5 too
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The only downside is [the Scott & White is] a primarily ObGyn clinic with one fertility doc (RE), so mostly you’re sitting in the waiting room with pregnant women...I love the nurses at the Round Rock office, and Kimberly who answers the MyChart messages...On one occasion, I had trouble getting a response from the clinic for 3 business days. This was problematic because I was at the beginning of my cycle and needed to start medications by cycle day 3.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
Great clinic! The only downside is it’s a primarily ObGyn clinic with one fertility doc (RE), so mostly you’re sitting in the waiting room with pregnant women. I’ve never been to a strictly fertility clinic, so I don’t have a good comparison.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White.
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
I have had a mostly good experience with Dr. Pliego. I see him in the Round Rock office of BSW, and he also practices at the Temple BSW. I feel he listens to me and is always willing to take my ideas and wants into account for treatment.
Ask for what you want
Clomid 50mg, 3 cycles Clomid 50mg, 3 cycles Femara 5mg, 3 cycles Currently prepping for mini IVF cycle
Inexpensive with insurance, until we got to ART. Then the clinic offered reasonable cash rates for ART procedures.
Temple
[Scott and White has an] Excellent nursing team, very compassionate and they are there for you...It’s a small team of fertility doctors in this clinic but they strive to help you achieve your hopes and wishes. Even though it is a small clinic, you are able to get in when you need to. Communication is great...I did mini ivf, so not a lot of medicine. Clomid and femara combined with a trigger shot before retrieval! Since it was mini, not a lot of eggs produced but great quality. We got a call everyday after Retrieval to let us know where our embryos stood. On day 5 transferred 2 and froze 2.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
He cares about you as a person and takes into account feelings
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Kimberly )
Excellent nursing team, very compassionate and they are there for you.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
Dr wincek has treated a number of people I know and all have resulted in pregnancy. He is caring and straightforward. He always answers messages and calls. I never had one bad experience with him. He has a great team with him.
Just let him Know what you are wanting and he will listen
$3500
They transfer one or 2, they let you decide
Temple
Scheduling [at Scott & White] was pretty easy most times. Wait times were not long. Communication (calling me back with important information) was not their strong suit...I did not trust the nurse who handled the messages. Several times, her answers to my questions did not seem right, so I asked her to please ask the Dr. His answer was completely different than hers. This happened on more than one occasion...
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
Scheduling was pretty easy most times. Wait times were not long. Communication (calling me back with important information) was not their strong suit.
Great bedside manner. I felt like he really cared about our situation.
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Scott & White?
He helped us decide what next steps to take (while leaving the final decisions up to us). He answered our questions and was very knowledgeable. He adjusted the treatment plans when needed. I felt confident that I could trust his judgment.
Trust Dr Pliego. Always insist that the nurses and staff ask his opinion when calling with questions.
Initial consult including ultrasound and blood tests -$500 Follow up consult- $175 Semen analysis -$140 Clomid/Femara cycle with 1 ultrasound -$500 IUI with 1 monitoring appt -$800
Round Rock
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aaron Campbell at Scott & White?
He always answers my questions and does everything he can so that we understand and can move forward. He is a very compassionate doctor and loves his career. He has an amazing bedside manner.
The medical assistants are somewhat confused. The nursing staff, on the other hand is amazing. Dr. Campbell handles all of his return patient phone calls.
What specific things went wrong at Scott & White?
How was your experience with Aaron Campbell at Scott & White?
He is very thourough and sweet. He has an amazing bedside manner and compassion for his patients. He loves his job. He responds to every email on a very timely manner and takes time to explain everything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aaron Campbell at Scott & White?
Be ready to laugh. He makes my appointments very relaxing and likes to keep the mood light, when warranted.
Aaron Campbell