9.7

512-509-0200
2401 S 31st St
Temple, TX 76508
254-724-2150

Dr. Wincek is amazing. He cares about what is happening to me. When I get bad news, he seems just as upset as I do. Which lets me know he genuinely cares. And when I stress out about what’s to come, he finds a way to talk to me and make me feel like everything is going to be ok.... Dr. Wincek is just as invested in my journey as I am. I can send messages at any time and get a response. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.
The clinics [Scott & White] strengths are they are very nice, routinely on time and will answer any questions I have. The only weakness I see... the waiting room is the same waiting area for all pregnant women and newborns. On particularly bad days, it seems like a sick joke. That is what I want so terribly bad.... Every visit is $500. Each IUI is $700. Trigger shot is $150. Next rounds IVF with no anesthesia, will be $3900, not including medications. Insurance covers nothing. No payments. All is due the day before appointment.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Be prepared to meet a kind soul. And have your questions ready! He will take as much time needed to answer anything you have for him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Describe the protocols Thomas Wincek used in your cycles at Baylor Scott & White and their degree of success.
Round 1- Femara and Clomid 50mg. I only had 2 follicles. Did a trigger shot and we had sex. Did not work. I didn’t feel many side effects except night sweats on meds. Round 2 - Femara and Clomid 100mg. 5 follicles, trigger shot and then IUI #1. On meds, more night sweats, and a rollercoaster of emotions. Round 3- Femara and Clomid 100mg. 4 follicles. Trigger shot and IUI #2. Lots of crying with meds and headaches. Waiting for results. 9 more days. If no go, we will be doing IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Baylor Scott & White.
They are very sweet and kind. I most commonly communicate with one named Kim. I do not know her last name, but she seems very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
The clinics strengths are they are very nice, routinely on time and will answer any questions I have. The only weakness I see... the waiting room is the same waiting area for all pregnant women and newborns. On particularly bad days, it seems like a sick joke. That is what I want so terribly bad.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White.
Describe Thomas Wincek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Baylor Scott & White.
We are doing this next round.
Thomas Wincek

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Wincek has always taken his time with me at every appointment and never made me feel rushed on hurried. My current IVF cycle was tailored to my needs and according to my cycle and not clustered together with other IVF cycles.... Multiple rounds of clomid - 2 miscarriages 1 round of femara - unsuccessful Spontaneous conception- miscarriage IVF started to facilitate PGS/PGD
No complaints with the clinic [Scott & White Temple]. Scheduling is easy and appointment reminders are sent via app, phone, and text. Test results are also reviewable via app which is very convienent.... I mostly interact with Dr. Wincek in the office. I email back and forth with his nurse, Kimberly. She is always prompt with returning messages.... All treatments except IVF was covered by insurance. IVF cost is about $10,000 total.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Dr. Wincek is an excellent doctor. He’s answered every question I’ve had and has been compassionate and empathetic through our journey and our losses. He candidly tells us his opinions but also lets me lead my own care. I would definitely recommend him.
Be proactive in your own care! He will do everything he can to help you but come to your appointments with your questions prepared so he can answer them for you!
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
No complaints with the clinic. Scheduling is easy and appointment reminders are sent via app, phone, and text. Test results are also reviewable via app which is very convienent.
Thomas Wincek

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Pliego] helped us decide what next steps to take (while leaving the final decisions up to us). He answered our questions and was very knowledgeable. He adjusted the treatment plans when needed. I felt confident that I could trust his judgment...Great bedside manner. I felt like he really cared about our situation...Trust Dr Pliego. Always insist that the nurses and staff ask his opinion when calling with questions...
Scheduling [at Scott & White] was pretty easy most times. Wait times were not long. Communication (calling me back with important information) was not their strong suit...I did not trust the nurse who handled the messages. Several times, her answers to my questions did not seem right, so I asked her to please ask the Dr. His answer was completely different than hers. This happened on more than one occasion...
How was your experience with Jose F. Pliego at Baylor Scott & White?
He helped us decide what next steps to take (while leaving the final decisions up to us). He answered our questions and was very knowledgeable. He adjusted the treatment plans when needed. I felt confident that I could trust his judgment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jose F. Pliego at Baylor Scott & White?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jose F. Pliego at Baylor Scott & White?
Great bedside manner. I felt like he really cared about our situation.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
Scheduling was pretty easy most times. Wait times were not long. Communication (calling me back with important information) was not their strong suit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jose F. Pliego at Baylor Scott & White.
Initial consult including ultrasound and blood tests -$500 Follow up consult- $175 Semen analysis -$140 Clomid/Femara cycle with 1 ultrasound -$500 IUI with 1 monitoring appt -$800
What specific things went wrong at Baylor Scott & White?
Jose F. Pliego