Genetic counseling: Offered
Tri-Cities Satellite Location
945 Goethals
Richland, WA 99352
877-938-2191
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Shah was extremely down-to-earth and comforting. He gave me all the time I needed to process and ask questions...is very warm and welcoming. He has a comforting yet straightforward approach, which I appreciated. He was able to tell us any bad news gently and allowed us time to let it sink in. He was great at explaining the details of each process, complete with visual aids that he drew. I found that very helpful. He also allowed us to go through each cycle with adjusted expectations. I think what he understands very well is that we needed to try other means before we moved to the most extreme option of donor eggs, even though he probably expected it to be the most likely scenario for us in the end. But we had to try and he knew that.
For the most part, our experience with SRM was great! Over the course of 2+ years, we mostly had communication issues and that's all. We were very happy with Dr. Shah and the hands on nursing staff. I was happy with the quick communication with the nurses through the portal, even though things were occasionally missed. Robin was the finance person and we also had trouble communicating with her. Very unclear answers to our financial questions and general unresponsiveness. Since I am intimately familiar with the portal system, I just want to comment that it's sleek and mostly wonderful compared to some that I've had to deal with. Unfortunately, it was difficult to search through older messages and you are kicked back to the first page of messages after you open an old one on a different page. So navigating it is a challenge at times.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Shah is very warm and welcoming. He has a comforting yet straightforward approach, which I appreciated. He was able to tell us any bad news gently and allowed us time to let it sink in. He was great at explaining the details of each process, complete with visual aids that he drew. I found that very helpful. He also allowed us to go through each cycle with adjusted expectations. I think what he understands very well is that we needed to try other means before we moved to the most extreme option of donor eggs, even though he probably expected it to be the most likely scenario for us in the end. But we had to try and he knew that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you are more realistic about your prospects and not holding on to a lot of hope, you might relay that to Dr. Shah. He is sensitive to the fact that most people are holding onto some hope and need to try other means of conceiving. But if you can take it and don't want to waste any time, then you might want to let him know that you can handle the bad news. In our case, we couldn't handle it, but I'm glad we went through the other protocols before moving to donor egg.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Many were assigned at different stages)
Loved the hands on nursing staff that I saw during appointments. They were all very kind and helpful. I was assigned several different nurses to communicate with during each stage of my treatment. I can only remember the first one and last two. These nurses I was in contact with through the messaging portal or by phone. Tina was the first one during my IUIs and IVF cycles. She was nice, but seemed a bit too fast to respond to my messages at times. Too fast because she would often miss something and I'd have to ask again. This was very frustrating. Leigh and Molly (depending on who was in) were my last two nurses. They were also nice, but occasionally would also miss something. I learned pretty quickly to pay close attention to everything and to question anything that seemed off.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Progyny was our insurance that covered much of our care. Some of it was not covered and had to be paid out of pocket or reimbursed.
Describe Akhil Shah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Despite my being okay with having twins, Dr. Shah recommended against it. For my age he said it would be extremely hard on my body and riskier for that reason. I gladly took his advice.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My meds were called in to a pharmacy, but the wring pharmacy. I was shuffled around to a few different pharmacies due to my insurance, but the clinic had that information and should have known since they call it in. I'd have to go back through hundreds of messages to recall any specifics about "conflicting information", but I do recall several times that I had to follow up regarding something that didn't make sense and was later corrected.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

He [Dr. Paul Lin] had a strong preference to 1 embryo. I don't think he could be convinced to let us do 2. He educated us as to why, and we feel comfortable with 1...has taken the time to personally call me during my second round of IVF during the stimulation phase. After my day 6 monitoring/US appointment, I was really concerned with how many (or how few) follicles we saw. He called me and talked me through everything and made me feel much better about continuing with this cycle. He cares a lot about his patients. I had a monitoring appt. on Easter and he said that he was going to check the portal for the results. He's on top of every detail and I have complete trust in him - even though my first retrieval only ended up with 1 embryo. I am currently stimming in round 2 right now - egg retrieval will be in about 3 days!
Total cost for 2 IVF cycles [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]: $36,802.28 (which under the 2 cycle plan includes transfers until you run out of embryos / until you have a live birth)...Excellent nurses. Knowledgeable doctors who work as a team. Weaknesses: at times I feel like a small fish in a big sea there just because it is so big, but they really do their best. I wish my doc could be the one to do my ER and transfer, but that is unrealistic unless you go to a small clinic - which has it's own setbacks and limitations. I am happy with SRM and would recommend it to anyone.
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consult with Dr. Lin, he did a great job explaining the IVF process. I came with a list of about 20 questions, and he made sure he hit each one. He explained the risks of IVF, but we left the appointment feeling really hopeful. Our first round of IVF, we used the Antagonist protocol. This is something I wish was explained more to me (the protocols). I think doctors should explain the various protocols and explain why they are choosing a specific one for you. The Antagonist protocol did NOT work for me. I ended up with 1 "fair grade" embryo. I had 14 follicles. Nine of those follicles were of good size. We only retrieved 5. Even the doctor who did my retrieval was a little confused at the results. I didn't get a good explanation - or any explanation at all - as to why that protocol was chosen for me to begin with and why it didn't produce decent results. He was sympathetic that it didn't work well and explained that we would try a different protocol. Again, leaving out the "why". I am now on day 10 of stims, using the Luteal Lupron protocol. At every monitoring appointment, I am behind with egg production as compared to the Antagonist - which is scary. Once again, not much of an explanation. However, I really do believe that he has my best interest and cares a lot about the outcome. It's unfair for patients to put blame on doctors for everything (most of the time). Dr. Lin is really direct. He is honest and truthful, but also sheds hope onto our situation. He has a good balance between warm and real. I do wish I could have him do my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. SRM is just so big...and I haven't seen Dr. Lin in 3 months since our consult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for further explanations. Ask "why" for the protocol you are put on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin has taken the time to personally call me during my second round of IVF during the stimulation phase. After my day 6 monitoring/US appointment, I was really concerned with how many (or how few) follicles we saw. He called me and talked me through everything and made me feel much better about continuing with this cycle. He cares a lot about his patients. I had a monitoring appt. on Easter and he said that he was going to check the portal for the results. He's on top of every detail and I have complete trust in him - even though my first retrieval only ended up with 1 embryo. I am currently stimming in round 2 right now - egg retrieval will be in about 3 days!
Describe the protocols Paul Lin used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For both of my IVF cycles with Dr. Lin, I didn't get a reason why he chose them. I am a 30 year old (husband is 30 too) and our only factor is stage 2 endometriosis. TTC for 6 years. IVF Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocol Birth control for 19 days, 250IU gonal-f, 150IU menopur, cetrotide .25mg, pregnyl (hCG trigger) 10,000 units. I stimmed for 10 days. Cetrotide was introduced on day 7. Results: 14 follicles, 9 measurable, 5 retrieved, 2 fertilized via ICSI, 1 embryo (frozen) IVF Cycle 2: Luteal Lupron Protocol Birth control for 21 days, Lupron 10 units was started 2 weeks after being on BCP (decreased to 5 units when I started stims), 300IU gonal-f, 150IU menopur, omnitrope (HGH) 50 units, pregnyl trigger 10,000 units, and progesterone 200 mg. I will be doing a fresh transfer. Results: 18 follicles (or around there). 6 eggs retrieved. All 6 mature. 5 fertilized. 2 embryos made it to 5 day blast. 3 embryos arrested on day 6. 1 embryo was transferred (pregnant!) and 1 was frozen. Total embryos from both cycles: 3
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alex Brown)
Alex is amazing!!!! She is so sweet and caring. I look forward to talking with her and seeing her. I don't have a negative thing to say about her. She is quick to respond to all of my emails and questions. She is thorough in explaining everything. She even visited me post egg retrieval so I could see a familiar face that day since my doctor wasn't the one doing the ER. She's just awesome!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: they know what they're doing, clean environment, systematic, welcoming, professional. I feel really taken care of there. Excellent nurses. Knowledgeable doctors who work as a team. Weaknesses: at times I feel like a small fish in a big sea there just because it is so big, but they really do their best. I wish my doc could be the one to do my ER and transfer, but that is unrealistic unless you go to a small clinic - which has it's own setbacks and limitations. I am happy with SRM and would recommend it to anyone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They give you the dates for your suppression check, day 6 monitoring, and day 9 monitoring in advance, so it is not much of an inconvenience. After day 9, they warn you to keep your schedule flexible. Sometimes the appointments after day 9 were limited and inconvenient times, but most of the time it worked out fine because I knew I had to be flexible those days way in advance. It's hard, because the amount of appts you need depend on how you are responding - which no one can control.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We did a 2 cycle nonrefundable program through Attain. That alone was $24,600.00. We spent about $2,000 on bloodwork, consultation, and genetic testing on the day of our consult before we even started IVF. My IVF meds for round 1 through Fertility Pharmacy of America were $4,557.28. For round 2, meds were $5,645.00. Total cost for 2 IVF cycles: $36,802.28 (which under the 2 cycle plan includes transfers until you run out of embryos / until you have a live birth)
Describe Paul Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He had a strong preference to 1 embryo. I don't think he could be convinced to let us do 2. He educated us as to why, and we feel comfortable with 1.
Paul Lin
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Strengths - convenient location [SRM], great team of doctors, very timely in their communication, cheaper than some other clinics, very professional and ethical (e.g. very mindful about personal information down to how you check in), very thorough providers and nurses, returns calls quickly, easy to schedule appointments Weaknesses - most of the care (e.g. IUI's) is provided by the nurses or someone other than your primary doctor; your doctor makes all the decisions and is who you have follow up appointments with but isn't always the one doing the procedures.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley has been extremely thorough. He adjusts his education to our needs and questions; sometimes drawing great charts & diagrams, and other times just talking. He always spends a lot of time with us and he seems to really reference the research, which we, as scientists, appreciate. He weighs the pros and cons of each treatment and gives us sound advice. He is very much of a "western medicine" mindset but is open to other treatment options (e.g. acupuncture); he is really candid and detailed but sometimes talks quickly so it's important to ask specific questions and to repeat them as needed. He communicates clearly to his nurses and they have an understanding of the plan moving forward. We also advocated for him to do some of our US and procedures as we got more thorough answers to our questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be yourself and ask every single question you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley spent so much time getting to know my husband and I. He wanted to know our interests and about our relationship and these were his first questions (rather than our medical history). By meeting in his office, overlooking the lake, it was a much more comfortable setting to converse compared to a medical exam/treatment room. He also shared about his interests and backgrounds and found common interests so we feel like we've gotten to know him too.
Describe the protocols Paul Dudley used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrozole - less side effects with Letrozole, more tolerable and you get a better response. IUI because of our infertility factors - the combination still placed us at higher chances of IUI working. Did this for 2 cycles because of my response and then added Menopur to last IUI cycle to increase the follicle production because didn't have as good of a response as he had hoped. None of these IUI cycles produced a pregnancy so our next step is IVF - rationale being that we are good candidates and have the potential for a positive response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tanya)
Tanya is super thorough, responds to emails within hours, and always sends detailed calendars and explanations of next steps. If she doesn't know the answer to something, she asks our doctor and usually gets back to us within the same day.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - convenient location, great team of doctors, very timely in their communication, cheaper than some other clinics, very professional and ethical (e.g. very mindful about personal information down to how you check in), very thorough providers and nurses, returns calls quickly, easy to schedule appointments Weaknesses - most of the care (e.g. IUI's) is provided by the nurses or someone other than your primary doctor; your doctor makes all the decisions and is who you have follow up appointments with but isn't always the one doing the procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Each IUI cycle was $650 with fresh sperm. IVF ranges from $13,000-$20,000 without medications.
Describe Paul Dudley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We are still discussing this but his rationale for a single embryo transfer is that he'd rather us have one healthy child than be a high risk pregnancy with multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
There was one point where our doctor told us one thing and our nurse told us something different. We asked a clarifying question and it was resolved within hours. Advocating for ourselves has been important especially since we received care elsewhere prior to switching to SRM and our doctor didn't always remember that.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Whenever I spoke with her [Dr. Lynn Davis] I really got the sense that she cared about what was going on and really wanted things to work out for us...I felt really knowledgeable and confident about the IVF process and what I was getting myself into from the start, as she did an excellent job of explaining things. She also coordinated with local medical facilities to do necessary testing (blood work, ultrasounds etc) where I live which was a huge help (otherwise I would have needed to spend more time and therefore money in Seattle).
I didn’t have any issues with the clinic, everything went really smooth. The place was really nice, and all the staff I saw were really helpful. I’d also like to point out that as far as billing and costs everything was just as they said it would be there were no “surprises” or anything like that. It costs “x amount”, we paid “x amount” simple...I am not from the Seattle area, so I was a bit concerned starting out about communication, and coordination but they were on it! I mean like if I had a question I got an email or a call right away and they took care of everything as far as getting orders in to local labs it was a huge relief not to have to worry about all that stuff being taken care of.
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I’m not from Seattle, so many appointments were done over the phone in the beginning. I felt really knowledgeable and confident about the IVF process and what I was getting myself into from the start, as she did an excellent job of explaining things. She also coordinated with local medical facilities to do necessary testing (blood work, ultrasounds etc) where I live which was a huge help (otherwise I would have needed to spend more time and therefore money in Seattle). When I first met her in person I had a sense that I was in good hands she explained what the next few days would entail and what to expect with each procedure. I remember telling my husband “I’m really glad she is my doctor, she really seems to care”. Now, although we didn’t get the result we were hoping for, Dr.Davis called to offer her sincere condolences and had come up with a plan to go about things a bit differently next time to hopefully provide a better outcome. That was nice because it was obviously a really heartbreaking time and when you go through all this, well, when it doesn’t work it’s hard not to lose hope, her calling and saying ok we learned from this and we are going to use that information to give you a better chance next time, that was the little glimmer of hope I needed in that time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would just say to write down any questions you have so you remember to ask them, she is really good at explaining things, and if there is anything you don’t quite understand just ask and she will make sure to explain it in such a way that you fully understand it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Whenever I spoke with her I really got the sense that she cared about what was going on and really wanted things to work out for us.
Describe the protocols Lynn Davis used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the exact protocol, but I started out taking birth control pills for about 2 weeks. I don’t recall the exact order or combination, but the other medications I used were menapure, gonal-f, and lupron. Then there was a “trigger shot” right before egg retrieval. I believe this was used based on my age circumstances etc. As this was my first round of IVF it was explained to me that it was a good “middle of the road” dosing regimen enough to stimulate good egg production, but hopefully not so much that it would cause hyper stimulation. This all proved to be true, the problem was I began ovulating before the retrieval so some of the healthier or more developed eggs were lost, I had one embryo make it to day 5, which was transferred. Sadly it did not result in pregnancy. Having seen how I reacted to the medications and what all transpired Dr.Davis recomended a different protocol of medications and an earlier retrieval for the next attempt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
As I said earlier I am not from the Seattle area, so I was a bit concerned starting out about communication, and coordination but they were on it! I mean like if I had a question I got an email or a call right away and they took care of everything as far as getting orders in to local labs it was a huge relief not to have to worry about all that stuff being taken care of.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think the actual IVF was around 12 or 13,000 and the medications were about 3,500 but I don’t remember exactly
Describe Lynn Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was explained to me that if there were only 2 embryos available for transfer that statistically I would have a better chance of conceiving by doing two separate transfers vs doing both at the same time, however we only had one embryo so it was a bit of a non issue in our situation.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Thyer] was willing to modify protocols when we weren't getting the results we wanted. She was comfortable trying low-dose IVF which is something newer on the scene for my situation. She was also willing to run tests proactively given as older prospective parents we didn't want to waste any cycles if we could spot a problem ahead of time that was relatively easy to diagnose such as run a blood panel, genetic prescreen, or hysteroscopy.
This practice [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] does a high volume and sometimes if you are not a squeaky wheel, you will not the the information you need in a timely fashion. This clinic had my allergies on file and still prescribed me a medication that is prohibited with my allergies... I wasn't really alerted about when my care coordinator was going to be out and would get emails or calls back from nurses I didn't know. Sometimes felt like I did not get speedy responses to my emails.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was willing to modify protocols when we weren't getting the results we wanted. She was comfortable trying low-dose IVF which is something newer on the scene for my situation. She was also willing to run tests proactively given as older prospective parents we didn't want to waste any cycles if we could spot a problem ahead of time that was relatively easy to diagnose such as run a blood panel, genetic prescreen, or hysteroscopy. Sometimes I felt like the follow through was lacking. I asked about some lab stats for example and she never really got back to us with the answers and though this is typical health care system stuff falling through the cracks, it's really bothers me when I have to keep repeating my questions to get answers. Overall she has a style of delivering realistic info in a nicer way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be proactive in asking for feedback after tests or cycles because your case will not be automatically reviewed by her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
This practice does a high volume and sometimes if you are not a squeaky wheel, you will not the the information you need in a timely fashion. This clinic had my allergies on file and still prescribed me a medication that is prohibited with my allergies. They were courteous about resolving that and prescribing an alternative. Also it wasn't until we were several IUI's in that they commented on some age related poor quality in the specimens my husband produced. This was only because we made an appointment to go back over our results. It shocked me that our doc did not seem to be at least reviewing the data coming out of our IUIs and letting us know if something didn't look right, because we were not the experts and didn't know what do look for. I do feel in general that I was able to get all the tests I asked for once I started doing research about my situation. They did decline to do acrosome sperm testing, which we wanted to see if it was worth doing more IUIs before moving on to IVF. They are not a weeding out practice, allowing you to try IVF even when your success rates are low (less than 10% per cycle). Our Doctor was realistic and kind in telling me the stats and in doing any tests that seemed reasonable. Also they are conscientious of wait times and if its over 30 mins late they give you a starbucks card. I found the nurses to overall be pleasant in clinic but sometimes not as responsive in email as I would like. When I mentioned that I have had some painful IUIs, my doc made sure my next one was done by the same experienced person.
Describe the protocols Angela Thyer used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our first attempts to deal with my age related diminished ovarian reserve were to try medicated IUI's to help me ovulate a few eggs each cycle. We tried follistim and menopur and I was successful in producing 2-4 follicles of appropriate size each time but none resulted in pregnancy. I also did at one point develop a cyst after doing back to back cycles that necessitated us delaying our next IUI attempt until it resolved. After 3 failed IUIs we discussed trying IVF or a mini/low dose IVF but eventually decided to go with another clinic to pursue this treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
I wasn't really alerted about when my care coordinator was going to be out and would get emails or calls back from nurses I didn't know. Sometimes felt like I did not get speedy responses to my emails. There was one situation where I was having trouble getting timely responses from the pharmacy where the clinic told me they sent the prescription and the clinic staff was slow to respond to my requests to use another pharmacy even though time was running out for me before an upcoming holiday to get stuff shipped in time. It made for a much more stressful process than it needed to be. Otherwise I found most of the nurses to be pretty pleasant.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: This is not a screening clinic. They do try to help everyone while also being realistic about your chances of conceiving. Their higher numbers of patients can be a good thing as far as making sure their lab is handling an adequate number of cases to keep their skills sharp. Although we had some IUI semen samples where things got worse rather than better after their lab treatment to them with no concern from them at the time that this was a problem, which made us have less confidence in their lab. Lots of locations for more convenience. Weaknesses: This is a high throughput clinic and if you are not proactive about seeking feedback you will get lost in the shuffle at various points. You will not see your doctor during IUIs, ultrasound checks as this stuff is handled by the staff. The doctors also rotate who is on duty for the surgery procedures so it may not be your doc who does the egg retrieval for example. Based on my search for how many papers their physicians have authored recently, they don't really have a research focus. If you want the kind of team who really enjoys staying really on top of the latest technology improvements and working towards more, this is not the clinic for you. Billing can be incredibly slow. We received our last bill 7 months after the appointment. Other: Often doctors are booked more than a month out so be proactive about scheduling follow ups in advance if you want to see them in a timely fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
IUI's would run about 1200 plus medication costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They prescribed me a medication that was contraindicated based on my allergies. I'm the one who caught it and had to have them change it. We only got feedback on the quality of the semen samples for our 3 IUIs after we bothered to make an appointment to discuss our next gameplan. Only then was it relayed to us that we might have some male factor diminished quality issues going on and as a 40+ couple with not a lot of time left to conceive, this felt super disrespectful of our time and resources. We may have moved on quicker to the next phase had we known this information earlier. We also had some privacy issues with this clinic. The clinic asked us to provide our personal email addresses. I was reluctant to give mine because I told the clinic that I did not want health info sent to my email. They said they didn't do that because we would get a secure portal in which to exchange messages, so I then did agree to give my email as long as they didn't use it to send communications. Just a few days later, when some screening tests were ordered, the clinic shared our personal emails with the third party lab who does the screening. This third party then then emailed us to our personal emails. I had to alert the clinic that they had violated our requests about using our personal email addresses. They apologized and told us they were taking steps to prevent this in the future.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Nichole Barker] was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.... Once your protocol is determined you will not be able to speak to her or change it for 3 cycles. The initial visit is very brief so have your questions written down and take notes.
Their [SRM- Tacoma] hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")... Everyone referred to my care coordinator as a nurse but she is not. She was very disorganized, lacked compassion and understanding, and at times was rude. I saw a different nurse each time and they were fine, just straight to the point and quick.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was really kind and to the point but her staff were not as friendly and at times were difficult to work with. They acted as gatekeepers and I was not given an opportunity to talk to Dr. Barker once treatment started, even to adjust my protocol.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Letrozole 5mg CD3-7, Ovidrel approximately 24 hours prior to IUI, give or take some (ranged 21-30 hours). Unexplained infertility, no reason given for this protocol. Resulted in 1-4 follicles each cycle and no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Their hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
$750 for each IUI with sperm wash. $300 for 30-minute consultation with Dr. Barker. Drugs through 3rd party pharmacy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My care coordinator told me i needed to sign online consent forms and watch required videos but didn't send me the link or password until halfway through my second cycle and kept blaming me for it. She acted like they wouldn't do my IUI because I was noncompliant and I finally got the link after complaining. I had to push to get prescriptions filled. They sent me lab results with no reference ranges and said it was a user error, said she would send me a PDF with ranges and it took several days and multiple emails back and forth because she forgot and then kept sending me emails with nothing attached. Very computer illiterate.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Dr Davis was pleasant, but I felt like just another patient. I feel like because we could “only” afford IUIs out of pocket, we weren’t taken as seriously. I only saw Dr Davis twice during our 4 IUIs - once for a consultation and once when they all failed and she recommended IVF. I didn’t even feel like she was my doctor, really. I felt like my nurse was! All communication was done through the nurse. Dr Davis might respond differently to people doing IVF, but for our IUIs I’d say she was pretty much nonexistent, but nice when we did talk to her twice.
My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask about the communication methods so you’re not surprised to be only speaking with the nurse and monitored by the nurse the whole time. Come with your own questions. Know and trust your body. Make sure you aren’t put through a cookie cutter / one size fits all process. Ask “why” for each and every medication. Ask her success rates for IUI with endometriosis.
During my 4 IUIs, I saw Dr. Davis once for a consultation and once after they all failed and she recommended IVF. There were no in between hellos or check ins. I think that’s pretty normal but I just didn’t expect that. Our nurse, Brianna, was amazing though!!!
I’m 30 (was 28 at the time)...My cycle is normal (26 days), ovulate on my own, all hormones came back “normal”, and the only factor known is stage I endometriosis. I was put on Letrozole (Femara) instead of Clomid because of endo. I used Ovidrel for better timing, and progesterone post IUI to help lining if pregnant. For the 4th IUI, they added a low dose of Gonal-f to try to produce more eggs (I think?). I always had 1 mature egg on my own anyways.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brianna Correa)
My nurse, Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
-Semen collection for IUIs are awkward. I wish we had a discreet way of saying whether or not we want to go in the room with our partner (or moreso if our partner wants us to go in). -Kind front desk staff. -Clean environment. -Great nurse care. -Low doctor involvement for IUI. -Good communication with nurse.
I was quoted $17,300.00 for one cycle of IVF. (Out of pocket - our insurance covers $0.) We paid about $1,000 total for each IUI - so $4,000 total. Smaller fees throughout - such as consultation (which I think is like $250), hormone tests, AMH test, final consultation ...etc.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2019 - 2020
Dr Thayer strongly recommended a single embryo transfer for us given my age/likelihood of a good embryo, and to avoid the risk of multiples. We ended up having one 5-day embryo on transfer day so didn't have a choice anyway!...She was personable and seemed to genuinely care about our experience and results...gave us a clear picture and confidence in our decisions every step of the way. She set very clear expectations for results based on our situation, while being kind and personable in the delivery, and always presenting options and next steps. She was also very patient with my many, many questions and changing preferences. She also went the extra mile to help - when we were changing our mind last minute about whether to do PGT or not, sh
about 15 follicles, then 9 eggs retrieved, 8 of them mature, and 6 fertilized into embryos [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. this was a great result given my low AMH level...[nurses were] Very friendly, personable and warm, quick to respond, and organized...they have so much experience, great staff, and they really know what they're doing. We felt like we were in good hands the entire time - from consultations and scheduling, to lab draws and surgeries...We were fortunate to have costs of treatment covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Thayer was very knowledgeable and experienced, and gave us a clear picture and confidence in our decisions every step of the way. She set very clear expectations for results based on our situation, while being kind and personable in the delivery, and always presenting options and next steps. She was also very patient with my many, many questions and changing preferences. She also went the extra mile to help - when we were changing our mind last minute about whether to do PGT or not, she picked up the phone and called us to help us understand options and come to a decision, rather than us having to wait to schedule an appointment a few weeks out. Our experience as her patients was about as good as it can get! And importantly, her recommendations and medical work were successful for us. :)
Come to appointments with your list of questions ready (do research in advance, when possible). I often came up with a handful of additional questions after leaving appointments that I wish I'd asked while I was with her. She does an excellent job explaining, but there's so much info and various options, and as a detail queen, I always found more to ask about. Great to prepare before your time with her, as her schedule is busy and she books out a ways.
We did one natural IUI cycle with a trigger shot in hopes that would help the sperm get to the egg, since we had great sperm count but low motility. Motility had improved slightly with vitamins and supplements, and then improved a bit more when they did the "wash" during the IUI. For IVF, she had me on Gonal-F (450 IU) and Menopur (75 IU) daily to stimulate egg growth, and then Cetrotide to postpone ovulation, followed by the HCG shot (5,000 IU) to trigger ovulation. These hormones worked for me to get to about 15 follicles, then 9 eggs retrieved, 8 of them mature, and 6 fertilized into embryos. this was a great result given my low AMH level.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy McAndie)
Very friendly, personable and warm, quick to respond, and organized.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is the best of the best - they have so much experience, great staff, and they really know what they're doing. We felt like we were in good hands the entire time - from consultations and scheduling, to lab draws and surgeries.
We were fortunate to have costs of treatment covered by insurance.
Describe Angela Thyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Thayer strongly recommended a single embryo transfer for us given my age/likelihood of a good embryo, and to avoid the risk of multiples. We ended up having one 5-day embryo on transfer day so didn't have a choice anyway! But agreed with her recommendation.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
[Dr. Michele Cho] personally called me when my results came back with zero viable embryos from my first cycle to break the bad news in a very caring way...is very compassionate, thorough and knowledgeable. She herself has been through IVF so she was able to provide information from both a medical and personal experience perspective. I always felt like she took time to answer my questions and talk through anything I had questions on.
I have PCOS + husband’s MFI & genetic issue. We did 3 cycles [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] with one canceled due to a dominant follicle and early surge...I loved the ultrasound person (Jamie) at the Kirkland clinic. She was so sweet and knowledgeable...pretty high volume clinic, they have everything dialed in and some people may feel like just a number if you’re not someone who is comfortable asking for more info or speaking up with questions. But they really know what they’re doing and any of the doctors I saw for procedures throughout my time there were all top notch.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is very compassionate, thorough and knowledgeable. She herself has been through IVF so she was able to provide information from both a medical and personal experience perspective. I always felt like she took time to answer my questions and talk through anything I had questions on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Utilize your appointment times to the max. Come prepared with all your questions written down and do your own research ahead of time. Then you can have meaningful discussions at each appointment. Don’t be afraid to ask your nurse to ask Dr. Cho questions through the portal in between appointments as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
SRM knows what they’re doing and they have a lot of protocols that are very dialed in so if you’re not someone who is ok speaking up and asking questions, it’s possible you could feel like just a number. This was not an issue for me and I utilized discussions with my nurse, Dr. Cho at appointments and through the portal as much as I needed. Dr. Cho even personally called me when my results came back with zero viable embryos from my first cycle to break the bad news in a very caring way.
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have PCOS + husband’s MFI & genetic issue. We did 3 cycles with one canceled due to a dominant follicle and early surge. My protocol was birth control leading up, 350-400 Gonal F, 75 Menopur, and Cetrotide with Lupron trigger. No OHSS. Cycle 1: Retrieved: 29 Fertilized (ICSI): 14 Frozen day 5/6 blastocysts: 7 Good PGT/PGD: 0 Cycle 2: canceled Cycle 3: Retrieved: 31 Fertilized (ICSI): 24 Frozen day 5/6 blastocysts: 10 Good PGT/PGD: 4 (day 5 good & fair, day 6 good & fair) We did a natural transfer with the day 5 good embryo. It was a natural cycle but with some medication assistance because of my PCOS and irregular cycles. This included birth control leading up, then a few days of Letrozol and an HCG trigger. Crinone progesterone suppositories, which I highly recommend as I had no side effects and no mess. In addition to SRM’s protocol, I also started infertility acupuncture treatment after my first cycle to try and improve chances. I took recommend supplements (DHA, inositol, coqu 10, açaí berry). I maintained regular exercise as well.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Personally I like SRM. I can see how it might not be for everyone though. Since they are so good at what they do and a pretty high volume clinic, they have everything dialed in and some people may feel like just a number if you’re not someone who is comfortable asking for more info or speaking up with questions. But they really know what they’re doing and any of the doctors I saw for procedures throughout my time there were all top notch.
I loved the ultrasound person (Jamie) at the Kirkland clinic. She was so sweet and knowledgeable. I actually looked forward to seeing her.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have amazing employee coverage through Microsoft via Progyny so everything was 100% covered.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Cho generally recommends only a single embryo transfer unless there is reason more would have better chances. In general I think the clinic takes the single embryo approach as standard and multiples would be on a case by case basis if medically necessary.
Michele Cho
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2019 - 2020
[Dr. Klein] was Very knowledgeable and that made my husband and I super comfortable that we would have success with her plan of action. Nancy predicted it would take us four rounds of letrozole with potential trigger shots and timed intercourse, it took us 3. She was spot on with her recommendations and was very strong in her belief we would be successful which was super important when there is so much uncertainty in this process...she is a good patient advocate and has been doing this for YEARS. She is very understanding and knowledgeable so don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. As one of the founders of SRM you are in amazing hands!
SRM Seattle is incredibly well equipped with top of the line machinery that you start to take for granted. They are flexible with schedule and everyone is kind and caring. The only time I ran into issues was a mix up on billing as my insurance covers most everything fertility related but we continued to get bills sent directly to us...Megan [nurse] was amazing, super responsive and even though we were in their care for a few short months I felt they were invested and excited for our outcome. Megan never made me feel bad for the millions of questions I had, my general impatience and sometimes lack of hope and ever present anxiety.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy was Very knowledgeable and that made my husband and I super comfortable that we would have success with her plan of action. Nancy predicted it would take us four rounds of letrozole with potential trigger shots and timed intercourse, it took us 3. She was spot on with her recommendations and was very strong in her belief we would be successful which was super important when there is so much uncertainty in this process. I will go back to see Nancy for any future fertility related goals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Trust Nancy, she is a good patient advocate and has been doing this for YEARS. She is very understanding and knowledgeable so don’t be afraid to ask a million questions. As one of the founders of SRM you are in amazing hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy was warm and kind and made us comfortable and took away a lot of the fear and anxiety of our journey and the unknown.
Describe the protocols Nancy Klein used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with very moderate PCOS, really just needed to sync my ovulation on regular timing. Nancy was very convinced I would have no issue getting pregnant, looking back I wish I would have listened more instead of letting anxiety take over. She started me on metformin with increasing dosage from 500mg to 2000mg as it has been shown to help women with PCOS, even though it wasn’t medically necessary. She explained to me that it may help, and I was willing to do anything to boost my chances. Since my periods were normal she tried a low dosage of letrozole (5mg) on days 3-7 for the first round. That didn’t seem to get the response from my ovaries so we stepped it up to 7.5mg. One more unsuccessful round in November with a trigger shot (started in October), December cycle we were pregnant with the help of a trigger shot. The process of pregnancy diagnosis and handoff before I went to my OBGYN was amazing. Ultra sound machines are high quality and the nurses were so kind and were happy to answer my questions until my handoff at 8 weeks to my OB. They also ran a blood panel test on my thyroid (standard practice when you get positive pregnancy) and they found it was slightly stimulated, so they started me on a micro dose of thyroid medication which worked immediately. This ultimately helped reduce miscarriage risk in the first trimester which shows they not only give amazing care pre pregnancy but during pregnancy as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan was amazing, super responsive and even though we were in their care for a few short months I felt they were invested and excited for our outcome. Megan never made me feel bad for the millions of questions I had, my general impatience and sometimes lack of hope and ever present anxiety.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We probably spent ~$1,500. Our situation was tricky because my insurance through progyny covers fertility care and costs in a weird way, for example you get 2 pies to allot to care coverage and IVF takes away 3/4 of one pie. Since we used drugs and timed intercourse - which was about $50 a round for three sounds, we wanted to have backup coverage for IVF if it was needed since that is $10k. The biggest expense was the $175 ultrasounds I needed 2x per round sometimes 3.
Describe Nancy Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This was not something that applied to me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This is not on SRM but somehow My husbands genetic test bloodwork was damaged and he had to go back up to Seattle (works in south sound) to redraw blood.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2019 - 2020
Ask all the questions you need too! He [Dr. Dudley will answer anything and everything...he does a great job of explaining and letting you take his notes home so you can reread them instead of Having to remember them all...He started with a basic ultrasound to confirm my eggs were polycystic then he had a series of labs done to check all my hormones and levels. Once those results were in my husband was tested for infertility and we were presented with 2 options IUI or times intercourse while taking letrazole and triggering ovulation with an HCG shot.
She [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was awesome! And so so quick to respond to my messages in the portal. Asked a lot of questions and she always made sure I had answers quickest and called if things were urgent...I love that you can go to one of more offices. If something is urgent you can go to another clinic that can get you in soonest and they will work with you on times and days to work with tour schedule. I love that they have a scheduling line and you don’t have to sit on hold with one office.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is good about explaining things so average people can understand it. PCOS is a large umbrella term and he made sure I understood what it mean for me and my body. I don’t as nervous about my first pregnancy and he reassured me it was a very healthy one which made me feel so much better!
Ask all the questions you need too! He will answer anything and everything. If you feel like you don’t know or understand something steps or even reasons for your infertility he does a great job of explaining and letting you take his notes home so you can reread them instead of Having to remember them all.
Dr. Dudley was so great about making sure you understand every step of diagnosis and treatment. He took his time consulting in his office and answered as many questions as you had with no rush at all! I felt so much better after he presented all the information.
He started with a basic ultrasound to confirm my eggs were polycystic then he had a series of labs done to check all my hormones and levels. Once those results were in my husband was tested for infertility and we were presented with 2 options IUI or times intercourse while taking letrazole and triggering ovulation with an HCG shot. They preformed an ultrasound days before the trigger shot was administered to ensure my eggs were responding and trigger day changes based on that ultrasound. After three attempts we got a positive pregnancy test!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenn Christensen)
She was awesome! And so so quick to respond to my messages in the portal. Asked a lot of questions and she always made sure I had answers quickest and called if things were urgent!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was around 700 each treatment for my husband and myself.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Mazur demonstrated genuine empathy for our struggle to conceive, and once we had our diagnosis, he took a full hour to explain my condition and the IVF process. ... Initially, we had a recurrent pregnancy loss bloodwork panel which ultimately provided the reason for our recurrent pregnancy loss. Next, we did an IVF egg retrieval. My protocol was: 10 days of controlled ovarian stimulation (225 Gonal F + 150 Menopur), Lupron trigger shot, and ICSI after retrieval.
Lexie has been a fantastic resource throughout our treatment [at SRM]. She is compassionate, organized, and quick to respond to my numerous portal messages. ... Weaknesses: I attend the Tacoma campus but any weekend appointments (as well as all retrievals and transfers) must be done at the Seattle campus, always a different provider doing your various procedures
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur demonstrated genuine empathy for our struggle to conceive, and once we had our diagnosis, he took a full hour to explain my condition and the IVF process. We always felt comfortable bringing a long list of questions to each appointment. He has never made us feel rushed. I trust that he really cares about his patients and is also extraordinarily knowledgeable in his field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Bring a list of questions; he will happily answer them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is warm, patient, and thorough. He has, time and time again, taken the time to make us feel like he truly is invested in our desire to become parents.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Initially, we had a recurrent pregnancy loss bloodwork panel which ultimately provided the reason for our recurrent pregnancy loss. Next, we did an IVF egg retrieval. My protocol was: 10 days of controlled ovarian stimulation (225 Gonal F + 150 Menopur), Lupron trigger shot, and ICSI after retrieval. We retrieved 14 eggs, 12 were mature, 7 fertilized (a low fertilization number likely related to my chromosomal condition called Balanced Translocation). Of the 7 embryos, 2 survived until day 5 and one of those embryos was found to be genetically (PGS) normal. We are transferring this embryo soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie)
Lexie has been a fantastic resource throughout our treatment. She is compassionate, organized, and quick to respond to my numerous portal messages.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Good success rates, great providers, organized flow with appointments, easy to make appointments Weaknesses: I attend the Tacoma campus but any weekend appointments (as well as all retrievals and transfers) must be done at the Seattle campus, always a different provider doing your various procedures
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Approximately $13,700 for the egg retrieval. PGS costs were separate. Transfer fees totaled at around $3800.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Mazur has made it clear that he prefers to transfer one embryo at a time, especially if the embryo is PGS tested and the patient is under 35.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Dr Davis was always warm and sincere during our appointments. I never felt like I was being rushed through it. She listened to all of my concerns and took time explaining to me anything I needed clarity with...helped come up with a treatment that I was happy with. I came for her to help after a miscarriage and 6 months of trying. She understood my urgency for help, as I was over 35 and wanting to speed things up. She wasn’t too aggressive, but also didn’t suggest I should wait longer. I would say the level of help was ideal for me (a round of Clomid along with an IUI the same month).
[The nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Always pleasant, efficient in explaining directions and on time when doing labs. Very lovely nursing staff!...It cost about $250 for the ultrasounds (one to confirm Clomid was working and the other to confirm my pregnancy). The IUI was around $650...It was easy to schedule appointments and I was always seen promptly in person. Parking was easy. The offices are very nice and clean. I found the staff and nurses at this location very pleasant. I came there for all my tests, labs and procedures.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Davis took all of my concerns and helped come up with a treatment that I was happy with. I came for her to help after a miscarriage and 6 months of trying. She understood my urgency for help, as I was over 35 and wanting to speed things up. She wasn’t too aggressive, but also didn’t suggest I should wait longer. I would say the level of help was ideal for me (a round of Clomid along with an IUI the same month).
Go in with honestly about where you are at emotionally and physically. She will meet you where you’re at and offer great advice and treatment.
She concluded I was ovulating on my own, but understood my eagerness to conceive and wanted a little help. She ordered me on the lowest dose of Clomid for a cycle and scheduled an IUI that same cycle after naturally getting a positive ovulation test. She didn’t push any trigger shots on me unnecessarily. Once I went in for the IUI, I received a positive pregnancy test 10 days after the procedure. I returned after 6 weeks so she could confirm the pregnancy with an ultrasound. Everything has been going great now, I’m due in a few months. I’m so glad I went to SRM when I did and didn’t wait on it.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I mostly used the South Lake Union location. It was easy to schedule appointments and I was always seen promptly in person. Parking was easy. The offices are very nice and clean. I found the staff and nurses at this location very pleasant. I came there for all my tests, labs and procedures.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Houmard has done only one procedure but we met with her for our consult and she was great. She went over all our test results and laid out all of our options. She made us feel like we had some control over the situation and she gave us the facts in a straight forward but gentle way...We proceeded with IUI nearly or first month after our consult...I went in for an ultrasound to look at the follicles. The first month we had 3 follicles so they explained the risk of multiples but we decided to proceed. I did a trigger shot of Ovidrel and went the next day for IUI. My husband's sperm sample was excellent but it was a failed round. The next month was very similar but we had 4 follicles and proceeded.
Christie [nurse at SRM] did my HSG and I was a wreck. I had heard it was a painful procedure and of course I was just emotional from the process of infertility. I started sobbing before she began and she was so kind, she walked me through the whole thing and empathized with my situation. She's done a few other exams and procedures and I always feel very comfortable with her...IUI is about $1000 per cycle. Our consult was about $300.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Try to be patient and kind to yourself during this process. It is a long and difficult process so surround yourself with as much support as you can get.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Clinic is always running on time, my nurse care manager always calls back the same day to answer any questions I have, and they always take their time and strive to make us as comfortable as possible.
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We proceeded with IUI nearly or first month after our consult. I took 2 250mg tablets of Clomid for 5 days starting CD3. CD12 I went in for an ultrasound to look at the follicles. The first month we had 3 follicles so they explained the risk of multiples but we decided to proceed. I did a trigger shot of Ovidrel and went the next day for IUI. My husband's sperm sample was excellent but it was a failed round. The next month was very similar but we had 4 follicles and proceeded.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christie Hume)
Christie did my HSG and I was a wreck. I had heard it was a painful procedure and of course I was just emotional from the process of infertility. I started sobbing before she began and she was so kind, she walked me through the whole thing and empathized with my situation. She's done a few other exams and procedures and I always feel very comfortable with her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I would say the only weakness so far is that I'm not pregnant but that's not their fault. Strengths include great communication, flexible scheduling (even the day before for procedures), limited Saturday hours, and a kind staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
IUI is about $1000 per cycle. Our consult was about $300.
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Unexplained
We have discussed IVF [with Dr. Nichole Barker]. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon...was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to...[Nurses are] Thoughtful, patient, and never rushed me through any information. They always made me feel like I was their most important patient...We have discussed IVF. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was referred to me by my brother and sister-in-law. From the beginning, she was intent on learning about me and my husband, and how she could help us get to our ultimate goal of a family. Her empathy was true, and I have no doubt that she has my and my husband's best interests at heart through this entire process.
Dr. Barker can be trusted, so let her take on some of that pressure you've been putting on yourself.
Dr. Baker was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
Initial - I will be beginning a regimen of clomid, injections, and IUI, starting this week. We will attempt this for 2-3 cycles, and then revisit out plan. 6 months in - Now we are at Clomid, Gonal F injections, trigger injection, IUI, and Progesterone. We have discussed IVF. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to.
Roughly $1000/month for all medications and procedures.
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have only briefly touched on this subject. If the current plan doesn't work, we will discuss this further and in more detail.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Letterie] is very intelligent, kind and gentle. Both my husband and I felt relieved after going to see him for the first time for a consultation. We left feeling we had more options than we thought, and that we have a chance at success...I think his strength is his compassion and patience. He gave us options, asking us what we wanted and what our goals are, so that we can best plan a treatment to work within what we wanted. I feel like we're in good hands with him as our doctor overseeing our treatment. New Patient Advice
I think [Seattle Reproductive Medicine's] strengths are that it's open 7 days a week, and they have a patient portal, so there are many ways to communicate with staff. They are kind, and compassionate. Their weakness I guess would be that a few times (out of quite a lot of visits) I've been asked to pay a bill for a certain amount I had just paid a few days ago. This likely means their system hadn't registered that that invoice had been paid yet. It's just a technical issue. Any time it happens, they are really great at letting me postpone payment until I receive the statement. It's never an issue after that. Just keep record of your payments, and ask for statements and receipts when you pay. That way you can keep it all straight, and at the same time track your spending.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Prepare everything, such as your medical records and your tracking logs, he'll take the time to look through it all with you, and make an assessment from your experience and your medical history. My gynecologists' records dept didn't get my medical records over to him in time, so I took my copy of the results from my laparoscopy and HSG, and he was able to look through all of that with me and put me at ease about moving forward. I would definitely just gather as much information as you can to help him get a clear picture, then trust it's going to be compassionate conversation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is very warm and patient. He's a great listener, and took time to discuss with us the difficulties we had been having and what options we have moving forward. He was able to put us at ease when we brought up our concerns. He is very intelligent, kind and gentle. Both my husband and I felt relieved after going to see him for the first time for a consultation. We left feeling we had more options than we thought, and that we have a chance at success.
Describe the protocols Gerard Letterie used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The first cycle, Dr. Letterie ordered I have the day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound done. I only have to do this once, and then every 6 months or so, not every time, which is nice. I am on 2.5 mg of Letrozole from day 3-5 to help with ovulating. The first cycle I had a positive OPK before I would've need to trigger, so then I just did the IUI the next day. The second cycle, I had a shot of ovidrel to help with ovulation. I have a bit of a short luteal phase typically, so Dr. Letterie had me take progesterone from day 3 until either I get a negative test on day 14 or to keep going if I was fortunate enough to get a positive (which hasn't happened yet). The progesterone has helped me have a longer luteal phase.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wang)
Angela is very compassionate, kind and great at keeping me informed. If I have any question, no matter how odd, she takes the time to talk with Dr. Letterie and get me an answer quickly. She's really my go-to for anything I need or question I have. The nursing and support staff are really kind. They are friendly, and always ask how I am. They are efficient and non-judgmental. If I have any questions while having an ultrasound or blood work, they are kind and sincere with their answers. They know their stuff and they can tell it to you in a way that puts you at ease. Even if they don't know, they are reassuring with getting back to you quickly with the answers. They also take time to talk with you about what they are doing, a touch here, pressure here, etc. They make sure you are at ease and comfortable (as much as you can be in some cases).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think the clinic's strengths are that it's open 7 days a week, and they have a patient portal, so there are many ways to communicate with staff. They are kind, and compassionate. Their weakness I guess would be that a few times (out of quite a lot of visits) I've been asked to pay a bill for a certain amount I had just paid a few days ago. This likely means their system hadn't registered that that invoice had been paid yet. It's just a technical issue. Any time it happens, they are really great at letting me postpone payment until I receive the statement. It's never an issue after that. Just keep record of your payments, and ask for statements and receipts when you pay. That way you can keep it all straight, and at the same time track your spending.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Compared to other fertility clinics, the pricing for everything was reasonable. The pricing is all laid out when we talk with the financial advisor. The IUI is under $700 (SA and insertion). The clinic works with a fertility pharmacy that gives them a discount on ovidrel, which is helpful since my insurance doesn't cover it.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Houmard was friendly and warming. She was straight to the point of infertility, but kindly explained everything in detail and answered any questions that me husband or I had. She went over every option and really took her time during our appointment. She’s incredibly knowledgeable...We never went over specifics of protocols, for our appointment it was focusing on why we couldn’t get pregnant and what to do moving forward before we do treatments...She was considerate of everything we brought to her attention, including my husbands hesitancy to do treatment. Incredibly kind but right to the point. She really explains everything too.
Destiny [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] always checks up on me and makes sure everyone is on the same plan. She’s a great communicator and is calming and friendly...My husbands semen analysis was $110. Ultrasound was $130...the clinic is very skilled in what they do...The financial advisor is understanding, and helps you look for options at what to do for treatment pricing and what’s covered by insurance and what’s no covered. Everyone is super helpful...The team is all really nice, but it’s incredibly overwhelming. Go into your appointment knowing that it will be overwhelming.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard was friendly and warming. She was straight to the point of infertility, but kindly explained everything in detail and answered any questions that me husband or I had. She went over every option and really took her time during our appointment. She’s incredibly knowledgeable .
Ask all of your questions, let her know how you’re feeling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
Destiny always checks up on me and makes sure everyone is on the same plan. She’s a great communicator and is calming and friendly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The team is all really nice, but it’s incredibly overwhelming. Go into your appointment knowing that it will be overwhelming. You’re discussing intimate details of both you and your partner and your health, finances, and what you want in the future related to children. It’s tough. It will be ok though, let them know how you’re feeling along the way. Take a deep breath because the clinic is very skilled in what they do, Dr. Houmard is a little intimidating but she’s incredibly smart and knows her stuff. The financial advisor is understanding, and helps you look for options at what to do for treatment pricing and what’s covered by insurance and what’s no covered. Everyone is super helpful.
First consult appointment was $275 I believe. My husbands semen analysis was $110. Ultrasound was $130.
+ Read more- Read less

He never had time to see me, never even met him in person or talked to him. ... I was still in the beginning stages and unfamiliar to ivf itself and I wasnt told any information about the process. I went for testing in my area and was told Dr. Letterie would explain everything to me. Nothing was explained because he didn't even reach out to tell me what my results were. I would never recommend him or the clinic to anyone going through the process.
To me there are no strengths I wish I had chosen a different clinic in the beginning and not had to waste money and time here. ... I did lab work and saline ultrasound test. Nothing was said to me. I didn't know how many folicles I had, if they were good or bad and still dont know. I was told to do lab work and I still have knowledge of what is going on with my own body!
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I hated it. I had no idea what was going on and no one including nurses told me anything at all. I felt like I was a dollar sign and nothing more. I would never recommend anyone to go to him. It's a waist of money, time and your Hope's and prayers just get diminished.
He never had time to see me, never even met him in person or talked to him.
Void, short and unsatisfying
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
To me there are no strengths I wish I had chosen a different clinic in the beginning and not had to waste money and time here. I might have been preparing our home for a child we prayed long and hard for by now but when doctors only see you as a dollar sign it all seems impossible and part of you just wants to shut the world away and give up your dream of being a parent
I got a bill from them for $350 still unsure what the amount was for since I never did see the doctor or his nurses so I suppose it was to pay him to look at my lab results
Describe Gerard Letterie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I didn't get this far in the process
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had no idea what was going on with the process if I didn't go get my records in person I would have no idea what was done or if I could even have children through ivf. I had to message another ivf clinic and ask them what my results ment. I was frustrated and heartbroken. I have found a better clinic now that I will be going to and I wouldn't have found them if I wasnt treated so poorly. I suppose that is a blessing

3 IVF, Surrogacy
Unexplained, Other
Dr Klein is experienced. ... She has to come along side the couple and believe in the impossible with them but remain objective, analytical, and realistic. Her presence was comforting and she was understanding with each tear, but sensible too. ... Dr Klein was very responsive to my portal questions, even during off hours. Those little things were noticed and appreciated.
I have worked with this clinic [SRM] before and decided I didn’t like them. It also had a lot to do with where I was at at the time so this experience has been very different. I notice how many things they think of. They remove barriers and make the easy stuff easy. I really like the data analytics report they provided. It’s impossible to predict the future in these processes but this was helpful data to incorporate in our process.
3 IVF, Surrogacy
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Klein is experienced. Knowing what it is like in healthcare, and especially ART, she has a tough job. She has to come along side the couple and believe in the impossible with them but remain objective, analytical, and realistic. Her presence was comforting and she was understanding with each tear, but sensible too. I was disappointed when she wasn’t going to be doing our harvest but the rationale made a lot of sense. I would have liked to hear from her after the harvest but I have a good connection with her nurse so that worked. Also, Dr Klein was very responsive to my portal questions, even during off hours. Those little things were noticed and appreciated.
Try to put yourself in her shoes when you are tempted to feel slighted. Emotions run high for her patients and she has to walk a careful tightrope to make us happy. Dr klein’s Experience shine through her work. She (and her team) has done everything with in power, knowledge, and skill to set us up for success as far as I can tell. I know we are in good hands.
She remembered us from many years ago. She was warm, gentle, and yet still brutally honest.
Fairly standard IVF for a 41 y/o female using own eggs to create embryo(s) for transfer to a GC.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Bri Fitzsimmons)
Bri is 100% committed to our #YesBaby2020!! She is smart and supportive and answers my many questions. I really appreciate her on our team.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have worked with this clinic before and decided I didn’t like them. It also had a lot to do with where I was at at the time so this experience has been very different. I notice how many things they think of. They remove barriers and make the easy stuff easy. I really like the data analytics report they provided. It’s impossible to predict the future in these processes but this was helpful data to incorporate in our process.
Can’t remember
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Mazur first performed my HSG and confirmed the semen analysis results for my spouse. Since all was WNL, he continued me on Clomid medication and performed an ultrasound to confirm follicular development. ... I absolutely agree that he is a fabulous doctor. He was very informative whilst having phenomenal bedside manner ... He facilitated my HSG and recommended the IUI procedure.
The clinic [SRM] utilizes a patient portal and they are extremely prompt about responding and communicating via the portal. I felt very in-touch with my caregivers there. I felt like their cost for IUI was very reasonable/average at $650 however their fees for IVF are extremely high, rendering us unable to continue with next phase of treatment
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Mazur was recommended to us by my obgyn and I absolutely agree that he is a fabulous doctor. He facilitated my HSG and recommended the IUI procedure. He was very informative whilst having phenomenal bedside manner
He was extremely kind and compassionate. He didn’t sugarcoat anything and rather gave us the information that we needed in order to make an informed decision about how we can proceed with trying to create a family.
Dr Mazur first performed my HSG and confirmed the semen analysis results for my spouse. Since all was WNL, he continued me on Clomid medication and performed an ultrasound to confirm follicular development. Since I had multiple viable follicles, he recommended we attempt an IUI. Unfortunately, that was unsuccessful
All were extremely kind and personable.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic utilizes a patient portal and they are extremely prompt about responding and communicating via the portal. I felt very in-touch with my caregivers there. I felt like their cost for IUI was very reasonable/average at $650 however their fees for IVF are extremely high, rendering us unable to continue with next phase of treatment
Diagnostics (like lab work and ultrasounds) were covered by my insurance. The HSG miraculously was also considered diagnostic therefore a covered benefit. IUI was reasonably priced at $650. Their cost for IVF is extremely high—I was quoted between 16-19k and that is not including additional embryo transfers if the first attempt is unsuccessful, nor does it cover the cost of monthly storage for cryogenic freezing.

5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Mazur took the time to get to know us as a couple and to explain what we needed to know based on how we process information...was very up front with the procedures we were doing. It was a hard conversation but he pulled us from an IUI procedure to tell us there wasn't a good likelihood this was going to work. While it was hard to hear it got us on the track to use a donor egg and we are expecting a baby...The first drug I used was Chlomid. I had a hard time with this drug so we changed to Letrazole. Since we both had challenges this didn't work for us. It doesn't have near the success rate as IVF so just know that.
Everyone [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is compassionate about what you're going through. We've shared laughs and tears. The only weakness for SRM is understanding their billing. They use terms like cycles in their billing but it's different than a monthly cycle. Since that's all you think about it makes the billing confusing. We got it all figured out...Brianna [nurse] always got back to me right away. I had a lot of questions and she never got irritated with me. She was fantastic to work with!
5 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur was very up front with the procedures we were doing. It was a hard conversation but he pulled us from an IUI procedure to tell us there wasn't a good likelihood this was going to work. While it was hard to hear it got us on the track to use a donor egg and we are expecting a baby.
It is hard to go through fertility treatment. It is stressful and there can be a lot of tears when you don't get the results you are hoping for. Keep with the process and if anyone can help you it's Dr. Mazur.
Dr. Mazur took the time to get to know us as a couple and to explain what we needed to know based on how we process information. Dr. Mazur is great!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brianna)
Brianna always got back to me right away. I had a lot of questions and she never got irritated with me. She was fantastic to work with!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is compassionate about what you're going through. We've shared laughs and tears. The only weakness for SRM is understanding their billing. They use terms like cycles in their billing but it's different than a monthly cycle. Since that's all you think about it makes the billing confusing. We got it all figured out.
Fertility treatment is expensive when you get into IVF. We started with less expensive options and when that didn't work we moved to IVF. We were willing to pay to have our baby.
Dr. Mazur elected single embryo transfer. Multiple embryo transfer wasn't an option due to my age. It would just be too risky.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
[Dr. Michele Cho] is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)...When we first came to Michele, she looked at our case and recommended we do an embryo transfer, as we had 3 frozen embryos banked. However, we wanted to try a more conservative approach first, so we did several cycles of TE (with Letrazole and Gonal-F), which didn't work. Finally, we took her advice and tried the transfer, which worked on the first try!
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michele Cho is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)
Take Michele's advice....she knows what she's talking about!
Michelle Cho was extremely personable and knowledgeable - she inherited our case from another doctor who had retired, and took the time to familiarize herself with our background. She listened carefully to our goals, and worked with us to try an initial approach we were comfortable with. She was also great about asserting her opinion based on her expertise....she is extremely knowledgeable and knows what she is talking about. Under her guidance, we are now expecting a baby boy! I have the utmost confidence and trust in Michelle Cho, and would recommend her to anyone trying to conceive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grace Hallas)
Grace Hallas is an absolute angel!!! She was my primary contact during the entire process of our working with SRM, and I must have called and/or emailed her a hundred times throughout the course of our treatment. She was SO caring, compassionate, quick to respond and help with anything and everything I had questions about. She would consult Dr. Cho if necessary, and always reply within the same day or even hours of my contacting her. I can't possibly say enough good things about Grace!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is hands-down the best medical experience I've had in my life. For starters, they are EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
I had some insurance coverage, which helped defray a lot of the costs.
Michele Cho
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shah has clearly excelled in his field, is extremely knowledgeable in REI, and is up-to-date in the newest practices and standards of care...Dr. Shah was always very thorough and clear in his explanations, and he was happy to answer any questions I had--and I always have a lot of questions. He is very personable, but still straightforward and calm and confident...Dr. Shah--and indeed, I believe this is in accord with SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET
Even though I know SRM treats a lot of patients, I always felt like they were happy to see me and remembered me. I also felt like I always received their full attention during my appointments--with Dr. Shah and with all the staff... SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET....The receptionists were extremely friendly, as were the nurses, med techs, and doctors who saw me...Even though SRM is a large practice, the individual locations make it feel smaller and more personal, while the experience of the lab, embryology team, and team of doctors ultimately results in excellent patient outcomes.
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. During my appointments, Dr. Shah was always very thorough and clear in his explanations, and he was happy to answer any questions I had--and I always have a lot of questions. He is very personable, but still straightforward and calm and confident. This is actually my favorite kind of doctor personality--I find it easy to trust doctors like this. Dr. Shah was always quick to respond to any issues I might have. He even called me to follow up on a question I'd had via the Patient Portal one day, asking how I was feeling also, even thought that wasn't strictly relevant to my question. Additionally, everything Dr. Shah said and recommended in my treatment adhered to what I had learned were the newest best practices in IVF treatment, and that was extremely important to me. Dr. Shah never pushed my partner and me in any one direction in terms of treatment options, though he did make recommendations. I always felt very comfortable with him during all conversations and procedures.
The only thing that might concern some patients is that Dr. Shah is young (and therefore supposedly inexperienced), but I think that is actually an asset in a field where best practices change so quickly. Dr. Shah has clearly excelled in his field, is extremely knowledgeable in REI, and is up-to-date in the newest practices and standards of care. Ask lots of questions, and Dr. Shah's knowledge, clarity, and personality should help you feel at ease. It did me.
Even though I know SRM treats a lot of patients, I always felt like they were happy to see me and remembered me. I also felt like I always received their full attention during my appointments--with Dr. Shah and with all the staff. It was a really great experience. I actually really looked forward to my appointments, and I enjoyed being in the office.
Describe the protocols Akhil Shah used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF-ICSI. Approximately 10-12 days of estrogen to stop my cycle. Then started lowest recommended doses of Menopur and Gonal-F to stimulate egg production. About 8 days in started Cetrotide to stop me from ovulating too soon. Used Pregnyl to trigger ovulation 36 hours prior to egg retrieval. Retrieved 19 eggs from one ovary; couldn't find the other ovary and believe it not to exist. Of 19 eggs, 15 fertilized; on day 5, 1 was ready for a Day 5 transfer, and on day 6, 3 were ready for freezing for future cycles. We went with a low dose of the stimulation meds because I am a thin, small woman (5' 2", 120 lbs), and Dr. Shah wanted to reduce the risk of hyperstimulation. Even with that, I still mildly hyperstimulated, which is still the case, as I got pregnant from that transfer; but it's just resulted in certain exercise restrictions since I have an enlarged ovary. Dr. Shah had me back for an extra Ultrasound appointment to monitor the ovary and has since graduated me to my local OB for monitoring of the pregnancy and the ovary. At one point, I was concerned about not getting eggs from the other ovary (which we now think doesn't exist), and asked about the possibility of restarting the cycle. Dr. Shah encouraged me to continue, because the responsive ovary was already doing very well, and we had a good chance of having a successful cycle regardless. I'm glad we did proceed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie Allbaugh)
Katie was always extremely friendly and prompt in responding to my messages. She was also very prompt to call me back on the phone. I couldn't ask for a better nurse IVF coordinator.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a massive practice, with multiple locations, each with multiple doctors. If you are in the Seattle area, SRM is one of the top fertility clinics in the area. If you haven't already, check them out in the SART database; their success rates are second to none in the area, and they do more IVF cycles than any other practice. The reason I chose them was, with so many cycles a year and such high rates of success, I assumed their lab and overall team had the most experience and therefore would offer the best treatment and highest chance of pregnancy for my husband and me. As a patient, I also observed that they followed what I knew from research to be current best practices in the field. With such a large practice, you might assume you wouldn't receive as much personal attention, but this was never the case for me at SRM. I never waited long--if at all--to get into an appointment; if I arrived early, they typically got me in early, which was awesome. When I arrived late on a couple occasions, they were still able to get me in fairly quickly. The receptionists were extremely friendly, as were the nurses, med techs, and doctors who saw me; and I saw people at Kirkland, Bellevue, and Seattle Westlake locations. I never felt rushed through an appointment. Everyone was happy to answer my questions, and when I needed to cry--as I did on a couple occasions--the staff was very compassionate and understanding. SRM even gave me a gift upon my "graduation" from their practice to my local OB. :-) I honestly loved being a patient at SRM. Even though SRM is a large practice, the individual locations make it feel smaller and more personal, while the experience of the lab, embryology team, and team of doctors ultimately results in excellent patient outcomes.
My IVF cycle cost about $13K with medications. It would have been closer to $16K, but they gave us a military discount. It costs $40 a month to store embryos--the same to store sperm. $120 for a uterine sounding. Otherwise, I can't remember. A lot of the diagnostics are billed to insurance, which is nice.
Dr. Shah--and indeed, I believe this is in accord with SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET. I am 31, so my chances of having healthy embryos that would form healthy pregnancies was very high, so high that if we were to transfer two, my risk of multiples was 30%--too high for comfort, considering the risks accompanying multiple gestation. This was my understanding from research I'd already done, as well, so my husband and I came into treatment already wanting eSET. I also know a couple young women who have had twins from multiple embryo transfer, and I knew the risk was high. I believe if I had been an older woman or had already had failed previous transfers or cycles, the recommendation would have been different. However, since this was my first IVF and there was no reason to believe we wouldn't be successful with eSET, that was the recommendation. It's my understanding that this is considered a best practice by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, as well. I'm glad we went that way.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
I do not ovulate on my own, so [Dr. Houmard] used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix...does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible...She has a very warm heart and you can tell that this was her calling in life. She is very up front and wants you to know everything that is going on. There hasn't been a time that I've came to her with a question or concern and she has not been able to address it in a timely manner, if not right then and there.
Overall the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You need to have an open mind and know that she has the best intentions when treating you.
Dr.Houmard does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible.
I do not ovulate on my own, so we used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Everyone in the staff is a thousand times more compassionate that I could ever ask for. We have had some bumps in the road, but any time we have ever needed an answer to something, we get a response very quick. Any time labs are completed, 4/5 times we get the results the same day. Stephanie is just the most amazing nurse on the face of the Earth!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
The initial evaluation is about $300.00 (covered by insurance), HSG procedure was approximately $700 (all but $100 was covered by insurance), IUI procedure is $375 (covered by insurance) and washing of sperm was $125 paid OOP.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Nancy Klein] understood my financial contrraints and helped us qualify for a clinical trial at no cost. This was the RITA double blind trial. I did end up responding to the study, and used the antagonist ganirelix, but we only ended up with one out of 5 viable embryos. It arrested by day 5. We met with Nancy immediately after the failure and she explained what she had learned about how I responded and what she would like to do differently next time.
Our nurse [at SRM] was on vacation several times and does not work Thursday’s. I can say the overall team of nurses are wonderful though. Our clinical trial nurse Laura was above and beyond amazing...The costs of the IUI were close to 800 per cycle...The clinical trial was free, and they will discount our next IVF due to the fact that we were not successful. (That was not a part of the study)...They are great at financial counseling, helping to coordinate appointments and being sensitive with billing (If we could not pay day of) our interactions with clinic staff were minimal, but all of the interactions we had were just fine.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy has always been gently and compassionate, but thorough in her explanations and delivery. I am a big question asker and she is always ready to answer and deliver news in a way that works for me. I’ve never felt like her approach is one size fits all, and I’ve always felt good leaving her office.
Tell her what you need from her from the beginning, and that is what you will get.z
She is warm, and thoughtful and went above and beyond. She explains everything in detail and takes the time to get to know you and your concerns.
We started with Letrozole IUI and when 2 didn’t work, moved to menopur for 2 or 3 more. I over responded for one of those, was advised of the risk of multiples and we decided to proceed. We tried one more round this way and we’re not Successful. Nancy understood my financial contrraints and helped us qualify for a clinical trial at no cost. This was the RITA double blind trial. I did end up responding to the study, and used the antagonist ganirelix, but we only ended up with one out of 5 viable embryos. It arrested by day 5. We met with Nancy immediately after the failure and she explained what she had learned about how I responded and what she would like to do differently next time. She assures us that this trial would not be indicative of our next cycle and even said she wanted to consult with her colleagues to make sure they found a protocol better suited. We took a few months off, used Letrozole and timed intercourse and just had our 6th and final failed IUI. We weren’t ready to jump back into IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our nurse was on vacation several times and does not work Thursday’s. I can say the overall team of nurses are wonderful though. Our clinical trial nurse Laura was above and beyond amazing.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs of the IUI were close to 800 per cycle. Nancy was mindful of our budget and prescribed meds accordingly. The clinical trial was free, and they will discount our next IVF due to the fact that we were not successful. (That was not a part of the study)
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Nancy Klein] provided detailed information and resources based off our situation and explained the next steps thoroughly to us...It would be nice to have a check in from the doctor besides hearing from our fertility coordinator (nurse) when we are initiating a new cycle. It was nice to see her doing one appointment for a procedure and she walked me through the entire process...Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she’ll provide resources
I felt that they [staff at SRM] were listening to my concerns since I’ve had a child from a previous relationship and was concerned about hormone meds. They allowed us to do a natural iui as we requested and provided all the information and answers for the follow up medicated iui if needed...They [nurses] were efficient and informative. They asked for help when needed as to not affect patient care (I have small veins so it took 2 nurses to draw blood). I warmed them ahead of time of my veins and they were quick to get assistance when the first nurse couldn’t draw blood.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she’ll provide resources
She provided detailed information and resources based off our situation and explained the next steps thoroughly to us.
I felt that they were listening to my concerns since I’ve had a child from a previous relationship and was concerned about hormone meds. They allowed us to do a natural iui as we requested and provided all the information and answers for the follow up medicated iui if needed. Dr Klein and her team were quick to answer emailed questions for confirmation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wang )
They were efficient and informative. They asked for help when needed as to not affect patient care (I have small veins so it took 2 nurses to draw blood). I warmed them ahead of time of my veins and they were quick to get assistance when the first nurse couldn’t draw blood.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We are mostly pleased with the clinic, however their financial coordinators need to be more responsive. We attempted to reach them twice without any returned correspondence prior to a procedure. It makes it challenging to understand the costs of treatments when the financial department doesn’t get back to you.
Communication with the clinic directly regarding estimated costs were not reliable. However, our insurance was able to cover most of our fertility treatments.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Barker] was always there every step of the way...She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member...They [nurses] were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always available if I needed to talk to her or had any questions. During our consultation she was very up front, made my husband and I feel comfortable even when talking about certain things. She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
Go in there with all the questions you want to ask. She will answer all truthfully and she will take as much time with you as needed!
She was always there every step of the way. If she wasn’t available, the nurse always was. All my questions were answered and you could tell they really cared about you and your needs.
I would take clomid in cycle days 3-7, I would start opk’s. On cycle day 10, every month I would schedule a cycle day 12 ultrasound to see how my follicles were looking. If on the 12th cycle day follicles and lining looked good I would trigger that night and scehedule an iui 24-48 hrs later. Most of the time I had about 2 follicles ranging from 18mm-23mm. Day of iui, my husband would go in and give his sample, hour and a half later they would perform the iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
They were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member.
$650 for each iui, $26 for clomid each month, and $55 for ovidrel shot each month. Hsg cost me about $230 since my insurance covered most of that. My insurance did cover each ultra sound.
+ Read more- Read less

Because he [Dr. Paul Dudley] couldn't identify anything that stood out as a cause for infertility, he had us do IUIs. We ended up doing 3 non-medicated IUIs (just with Letrozole and Ovidrel) and 1 medicated IUI (with Letrozole, Ovidrel, Menopur, and Prometrium)...Very little contact with the doctor himself - only one direct consultation with him, and it was very to-the-point. I did appreciate his directness though...isn't the warmest person, but he is knowledgeable and recognized our health concerns and was quick to be reassuring. It would have been nice to have had a bit more contact (just one consultation, no phone calls/emails), but I understand he may be more likely to focus direct contact on IVF patients or patients with more complications.
I've had a couple prescriptions go awry [from Seattle Reproductive Medicine] - either they weren't called in, or the doses called in were incorrect. For the latter, the pharmacist noticed the mistake and worked it out with the clinic...The total amount I've paid out of pocket for 3 non-medicated IUIs and 1 medicated IUI has been approximately $3,000. IUIs themselves are $650 (with a fresh sample). The new patient consult was $250 but it was covered by my insurance. Ultrasounds were $175 but most of that was covered by my insurance.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley isn't the warmest person, but he is knowledgeable and recognized our health concerns and was quick to be reassuring. It would have been nice to have had a bit more contact (just one consultation, no phone calls/emails), but I understand he may be more likely to focus direct contact on IVF patients or patients with more complications.
Don't expect a shoulder to cry on, but you will have a knowledgeable doctor who can clearly explain what to expect out of the process.
Because he couldn't identify anything that stood out as a cause for infertility, he had us do IUIs. We ended up doing 3 non-medicated IUIs (just with Letrozole and Ovidrel) and 1 medicated IUI (with Letrozole, Ovidrel, Menopur, and Prometrium). The medicated IUI was because he thought I had responded well during the non-medicated IUIs, I just wasn't successful in getting pregnant. Still waiting on results from the 4th IUI.
I think my nurse was very young and somewhat inexperienced, and I think that showed a bit. She was very compassionate and very quick to respond to emails, but sometimes I felt she hadn't really read or understood my questions. She was great at being reassuring when I was feeling down, and would call to check up on me, which was unexpected but appreciated.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are responsive and approachable. All of the people I've come into contact with have been quick to get back to me or give me answers. They offered a free 6-week support group which was hugely helpful, and I'm still in regular contact with the other women in my group, which has been an amazing support.
Unknown.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I've had a couple prescriptions go awry - either they weren't called in, or the doses called in were incorrect. For the latter, the pharmacist noticed the mistake and worked it out with the clinic.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Dudley has always taken extra time to listen to our story, answer questions and personally deliver results. He is incredibly caring and compassionate and you can tell that he always puts his patients first...He has gone the extra mile to help us find answers to questions we have had for years. He has also gone out of his way to be at every appointment and performed my D&C when I had a miscarriage, even though he wasn’t scheduled to do surgery that day.
I had a couple labs mislabeled and and to have them re-drawn [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. The MA went out of her way to make it right -she let me come during her lunch to re-draw and didn’t charge us...Beautiful clinic, well organized and welcoming. I like how they have windows looking out at Lake Union and a couple different waiting areas. The flow of the initial appointment seemed really well thought out -labs were drawn, the MA helped us set up our portal account, we met with the doctor ON TIME and then ended with a financial counselor consultation.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is incredibly knowledgeable and caring. He has gone the extra mile to help us find answers to questions we have had for years. He has also gone out of his way to be at every appointment and performed my D&C when I had a miscarriage, even though he wasn’t scheduled to do surgery that day. He has called me personally to deliver results and has made both my husband and I feel hopeful in some very challenging times. I would choose Dr. Dudley every time and feel so fortunate that we have been under his care.
Be on time for appointments. He is very good at running right on time (huge bonus!).
We initially saw Dr. Dudley to undergo testing for repeat miscarriages. He ran all the pertinent labs, had us complete chromosomal and genetic testing and performed a hysteroscopy to r/o any uterine scarring due to repeat D&Cs and a c-section. We ended up getting pregnant just before we started interventions to get pregnant. Unfortunately, we lost our baby at 10 weeks. The silver lining - we had the best care we could have asked for and have gotten answers to why we lost our most recent child. Because of this, we still feel hopeful that we can conceive again and will definitely be continue working with Dr. Dudley through the rest of our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
We haven’t had much interaction face-to-face but she has been great at answering our questions through the portal and has helped direct our care in the most seemless wat possible.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Beautiful clinic, well organized and welcoming. I like how they have windows looking out at Lake Union and a couple different waiting areas. The flow of the initial appointment seemed really well thought out -labs were drawn, the MA helped us set up our portal account, we met with the doctor ON TIME and then ended with a financial counselor consultation. I really appreciated that money was discussed, especially given the expense of fertility treatment. All in all, no complaints.
Between our labs, tests and different procedures, we have already met our out of pocket maximum (&gt;$5,000)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had a couple labs mislabeled and and to have them re-drawn. The MA went out of her way to make it right -she let me come during her lunch to re-draw and didn’t charge us.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Houmard wanted to know my husband and I as people before she looked at our diagnosis’s. She went over every aspect of our charts and made notes as she talked with us. It was so refreshing that she didn’t just look at our problem list and assume she knew us based on that. I left with visit feeling so informed and hopefully for the first time in a very long time.... She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
This clinic [Seattle Reproductive Med] is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care....The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very intelligent, knowledgeable and kind. She never assumed anything about us or what we might already know. She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
Be open and honest. You are a person to her, not just a person struggling to have a child
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Our nurse Stephanie is absolutely wonderful! She answers whatever questions we have in detail, with compassion and promptly. She is so good to us.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care.
The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options. Best of all we have a great handout as to what everything would cost us and he went over it in great detail. It’s very overwhelming but having all these tools at our fingertips was definitely helpful
Dr. Houmard was very honest about our options. She let us know the risks to the babies and myself. She left it completely up to us. We felt very informed and comfortable making a safest decision for our family

Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Criniti] is warm and gentle but didn't sugarcoat anything. I appreciate that she tells me likelihoods without bogging me down with percentages. She gives her suggestion, but lets us lead the pace.... She personally called me when I had a bad reaction to medication. Also, when I came in and had a had result on an ultrasound, she rushed out of her office to catch me and chat for a few minutes even though she was obviously in the middle of something.
Love love love that they [Seattle Reproductive Med] don't allow children in the clinic! It's private and calm inside. The front desk women are so wonderful. They'll chat and joke with you or be all business (depending on what I'm there for, I sometimes need both!) When I left in tears once they handed me tissues and kind words. They also have a clinic in Seattle that's open on weekends which is great for monitoring needed on weekends
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is warm and gentle but didn't sugarcoat anything. I appreciate that she tells me likelihoods without bogging me down with percentages. She gives her suggestion, but lets us lead the pace. I can message my nurse concerns or questions during a treatment cycle and Dr. Criniti will respond quickly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You need to ask questions for next treatments. For example, when one cycle ends you need to message them to alert them and ask for next steps - they aren't going to message you first. I think this is true for everyone, but you just need to know to manage yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Amy Criniti used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I ovulate on my own and have no known reason for not getting pregnant. The goal was to make me ovulate more and stronger. Did one cycle of letrozole, but I couldn't tolerate the side effects. Did a second cycle of menopur. Then paused treatment for Endometriosis surgery because I developed a large endometrioma that was causing pain.
They're very professional! They're quick to respond to my messages. When I have questions they're able to answer them or will find me the answers.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Love love love that they don't allow children in the clinic! It's private and calm inside. The front desk women are so wonderful. They'll chat and joke with you or be all business (depending on what I'm there for, I sometimes need both!) When I left in tears once they handed me tissues and kind words. They also have a clinic in Seattle that's open on weekends which is great for monitoring needed on weekends (and has free parking!).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
One time I showed up for a monitoring appointment that I had booked and they said it wasn't booked on their end. They apologized profusely and immediately solved the problem and I was able to be seen immediately.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I choose Dr. Lin as my first treatment was to undergo a myomectomy prior to fertility treatment. Not only is Dr. Lin a fertility specialist but he is also surgeon. It was nice to know Dr. Lin treated me for all my surgeries to include emergency surgery and fertility treatment. ... Anytime during a failed treatment he would reach out via message to check in on me, which I appreciated. ... He is compassionate, understanding and caring.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin is straight forward! Some patients may not like this process during fertility treatment; however, as a fertility patients for several years your doctor should be straightforward. Anytime during a failed treatment he would reach out via message to check in on me, which I appreciated. He even will message on the weekend (assuming) you have labs or outcome results on a Friday! As I previously mentioned Dr. Lin goes above and beyond for his patients.
If you are looking for a doctor who is caring, compassionate, understanding, smart, well diverse in both medically and surgically, straightforward and will get you knocked up Dr. Lin is the doctor to see. I choose Dr. Lin as my first treatment was to undergo a myomectomy prior to fertility treatment. Not only is Dr. Lin a fertility specialist but he is also surgeon. It was nice to know Dr. Lin treated me for all my surgeries to include emergency surgery and fertility treatment.
Dr. Lin cares for his patients and goes above and beyond to help each of his patients. He is compassionate, understanding and caring. For example, during one of my treatments during IUI I ended up suffering from severe abdominal pain (I couldn't walk due to the pain) I called the clinic as I wasn't sure if this was a reason of the IUI. The clinic saw me immediately and during an ultrasound it was noted I suffered from an ectopic and was internally bleeding. The nurse called Dr. Lin who was practicing at his other clinic and instructed me to meet him at the closest hospital to start emergency surgery. Within an hour Dr. Lin showed up to the hospital and took care of me. Now what doctor would stop in the middle of his day to have emergency surgery? Usually doctors will instruct their patients to go to a hospital and will have the on call doctor prepare and conduct surgery. Now that is what I called being treated as a human! He is amazing and I will forever be grateful!
Initially, I started with regular IUI treatments until my ectopic pregnancy which resulted in removal of my left tube. I took a few months break to transfer into IVF. During my first round of IVF I took Menopur and Gonal F. Second round of IVF I was prescribed a hormone medication (can't remember the name of the vial) but the price was $. During this treatment I also took Menopur and Gonal F. Due to my diminish ovarian reserve my second round was canceled due to poor response. My third round of IVF, we transferred into a mini stim IVF cycle instead of regular IVF, which used menorpur and gonal f but a lower dosage. I ended up having a miscarriage due to this cycle (again due to my DOR). Throughout my treatment it was noted the best option for me was to switch to donor eggs which only included Estrace and Endometrium!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Jenna (Dr. Lin's nurse for one of his clinics) is organized, caring, compassionate, understanding and honest. She is always contacting me via portal to check in on me during all stages of treatment. Anytime I would have appointments she was there to answer any and all my questions. If I called the clinic asking to speak with her she would always call back the same day! I know the clinic is busy with tons of patients but she deserves a gold STAR for always being there for me and her patients
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM has several clinics within the city. As a patient I had the opportunity to schedule my appointments in Seattle, Kirkland or Bellevue office! In addition, the Seattle office is open during the weekend with free parking! As long as you know where to park on the weekend (across the street) it was easy going to appointments on the weekends. The clinic is open 365 days a year and the phone team is also opened during business hours. If you are not the type of person who likes to call you can also use the portal to schedule appointments, message your doctor/nurse/team and see your labs! The only down side is the financial part as it appears there is a high turn over for the financial assistant.
My insurance does not cover one penny at all. Therefore, everything was out of pocket via credit cards! Treatment includes several IUI, IVFs and now donor eggs. Currently I'm looking at a little over 90,000
Dr. Lin will choose the best decision with single or multiple depending on the patients history. In my case, since I had tubal removal along with myomectomy for my safety it was best to only transfer one.
Paul Lin
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Mazur is amazing! He’s honest and forthcoming with information. ... He takes time to listen and explain everything. He shows compassion and excellent care towards me and my husband. He was great at explaining treatment and the steps involved with our treatment plan. ... I always felt like I was his only patient because he listened and cared about us and our treatment. I never felt rushed when meeting with him
I have been extremely happy with the clinic [SRM]! The one and only thing I wish was different was the hours they have available for monitoring. For most people with jobs it’s sometimes tricky to get an early appointment. They open at 8am and most 8am appointments are full. Maybe having hours for monitoring start at 7am would be more helpful. ... I cannot say enough great things about her [nurse] and the entire team that dealt with our treatment.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is the best fertility doctor I’ve ever seen. He takes time to listen and explain everything. He shows compassion and excellent care towards me and my husband. He was great at explaining treatment and the steps involved with our treatment plan.
I always felt like I was his only patient because he listened and cared about us and our treatment. I never felt rushed when meeting with him and We always left with a great explanation and understanding of what to expect.
Dr Mazur is amazing! He’s honest and forthcoming with information. He is the second fertility doctor I’ve seen and wish I would of had him earlier.
The original treatment and medication was what we expencedted it to be. My body reaponded great to medication and the menopur only had to be lowered one time during stimulation. We triggered with Lupron to help eliminated the chance of OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza)
My nurse Anna is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and caring. She makes sure I understand everything with our treatment. She is very positive and honest! I cannot say enough great things about her and the entire team that dealt with our treatment.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have been extremely happy with the clinic! The one and only thing I wish was different was the hours they have available for monitoring. For most people with jobs it’s sometimes tricky to get an early appointment. They open at 8am and most 8am appointments are full. Maybe having hours for monitoring start at 7am would be more helpful.
I have insurance that covers IVF so our costs were minimal.
We collectively decided that when we do our transfer we will only use one embryo. The quality of of embryos and the results from PGS testing helped make this decision.
+ Read more- Read less

Same as before, Brenda [Houmard] really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand. ... she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
Front desk [SRM] wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. ... Everyone from the nurses, to the phlebotomist, to the financial counselor was absolutely wonderful. I felt at home in this clinic. Like a person and not a number. ... Not only did Dr. Houmard’s staff go above and beyond, but she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Same as before, Brenda really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand.
Make sure you have all of your questions ready and don’t be afraid to give her a heads up or write a little letter explaining yourself. I went from seeing a doctor who acted like I was just a product on a conveyor belt to someone who truly seemed to care about our situation.
All of our previously medicated cycles were with our first RE. So far we have planned IVF with Dr. Houmard twice. The first Time was cancelled because we were able to conceive naturally however lost that 4th pregnancy early like all the rest. We are set for meds to start the beginning of March and retrieval at the end of March.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie, Alli, Summer (there have been so many) )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Front desk wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. Maybe needs some time to warm up to patients? But as front desk, they are the face of the company. They should be warm and friendly when you first arrive. Won’t stop me from going though!
Cost with all appointments at Brenda’s office was quoted a base price of $18,500. If my monitoring appointments were done in my home town in a Montana, our cost went down to around $12,500 with her office.
+ Read more- Read less

It's a busy clinic [SRM] but I feel like Dr. Criniti has always been able to make time for me when I need her. During phone conversations she never makes it seem like she's in a hurry or wants to rush my questions or the conversation. I always feel fully listened to, have my questions answered and I feel more calm after our phone conversations. ... If you are looking for someone that will compassionately listen to your concerns and fears and who is willing to collaborate with you during this difficult journey then Dr. Criniti is a great choice.
It's a very busy clinic [SRM] which has advantages and disadvantages. I love that they're open on the weekends so I can go in whenever my body is ready for the next test or procedure and they've always been able to get me an appointment for the day I need (even when calling the day before or sometimes same day). ... That being said, I've been impressed by almost everyone that I've interacted with (including their financial advisers etc.).
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Criniti put us at ease from the first consultation. She gave us lots of good information and always patiently and non-judgmentally answers my questions (and I have sooo many!). There have been two moments during the journey that I've felt really upset, stuck and not sure what to do next and both times she called me back the same day even though her nurses said she wouldn't be free for a few days! She makes me feel really listened to, cared about and she validates our hard experiences and decisions. The only downside is she works for a busy clinic and many of our interactions have been with nurses or other providers.
If you are looking for someone that will compassionately listen to your concerns and fears and who is willing to collaborate with you during this difficult journey then Dr. Criniti is a great choice. I would recommend advocating for phone calls or in person visits on a regular basis to have conversations with her directly when messaging with nurses doesn't answer all of your questions.
It's a busy clinic but I feel like Dr. Criniti has always been able to make time for me when I need her. During phone conversations she never makes it seem like she's in a hurry or wants to rush my questions or the conversation. I always feel fully listened to, have my questions answered and I feel more calm after our phone conversations.
So far I've been on a very typical treatment progression of using letrozole and then letrozole plus IUI. I've asked her about getting more aggressive with the next IUI (adding a trigger shot, injectibles etc.) and she thoroughly explained the pros and cons of each of those additional treatments and why they might not make sense in my particular case but ultimately she leaves the decision up to me which feels empowering. She did acknowledge changing something up after a failed cycle can feel important to a lot of patients and even if trigger shots don't lead to an increased pregnancy rate for IUIs (for someone who consistently has good results with OPK strips), she seemed very open to me trying a trigger shot during the next IUI cycle if I want to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
Jenna is very kind and helpful. I think the only thing that is frustrating for me as I'm such a detail oriented person is that she is not always very thorough when answering my messages. If I send a message with three questions, they likely won't all get answered or won't get answered as thoroughly as I like so I often have to re-ask the questions. I know she works with a lot of clients at a busy clinic though. When I've been able to talk with Jenna or another nurse on the phone, I've had a better experience.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It's a very busy clinic which has advantages and disadvantages. I love that they're open on the weekends so I can go in whenever my body is ready for the next test or procedure and they've always been able to get me an appointment for the day I need (even when calling the day before or sometimes same day). I think having to deal with a lot of different staff would be a drawback. That being said, I've been impressed by almost everyone that I've interacted with (including their financial advisers etc.). I love the location of the Seattle Clinic- there's a beautiful view of the city and the water and they provide tea so you can relax and enjoy the view before appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The initial consultation was around $300 (I think). Pelvic ultrasounds are: $175, IUIs are $650, HSG was $800.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Criniti has been very to the point as far as telling us exactly what we needed to do to get pregnant, but still took the time to be personal, friendly, and asking about our personal lives outside of infertility.... She’s very friendly and knowledgeable about PCOS and what medicines work for it, but if you’re someone whose had infertility for a while and has researched a lot about it, she isn’t going to give any “groundbreaking” information.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is nice and comfortable, and all the staff are friendly anytime I come in. They always inform me about my account and I’m in and out in a timely manner. As a new patient they will have a lot of paperwork for you to fill out but they have everything available for you and are helpful with answering questions.... Our costs were less expensive than some of the online averages.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I enjoy that Dr. Criniti is very fact based, the only thing I would criticize is that I already knew about most of the treatments she discussed and issues with my diagnosis because I had researched a lot beforehand. But that’s just me personally, going in I already knew what I wanted so she was on the same page, but I don’t think I learned any new information.
She started us in letrozole, and gave us reasons why it could be more affective for PCOS versus Clomid, taking 5mg days 3-7 of the cycle, with follicle scans on day 13. My first cycle I had 1 dominant follicle, the next cycle I had 1, and the third I had 2 but also had an ovarian cyst.
We absolutely love Jenna! She is very genuine, friendly, and prompt with answering all our questions and helping us with scheduling.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice and comfortable, and all the staff are friendly anytime I come in. They always inform me about my account and I’m in and out in a timely manner. As a new patient they will have a lot of paperwork for you to fill out but they have everything available for you and are helpful with answering questions.
Our costs were less expensive than some of the online averages.
Describe Amy Criniti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
None so far

1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. ... Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions.
I highly recommend the clinic [SRM], I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day. ... Dollie is the nurse who I work with, she is very knowledgeable, always available when called, and if you leave a message she calls back immediately. She’s been so helpful through the whole process.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the area. He was very intentional about our comfort level, our desires, and how aggressive we would like to take treatment, so he could make the best recommendation for where we were at in life.
If you are looking at Dr. Letterie for treatment, I would ask him as many questions, be honest with where you are at because he will use that information to guide the conversations and all your options. Grab copies of the notes you take together because him pictures and bullet points are helpful to look over when you aren’t so overwhelmed with the information.
Dr. Letterie, sat down with me and my husband, asked us our story, showed empathy, gentle in the way he spoke, drew pictures and wrote notes for us to take home. Before my first appt, his flight got canceled the day before and we had to change our appt time, he called me personally.
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. We first met for an initial consultation at his Tri-Cities office and then we did a follow up appt the next month (he comes for two days, once a month). On the second visit, he went through treatment strategies and expectations for what is next steps including when we’d expect to have to go to Seattle. The treatment plan chosen for us was a low dose of gonal and metapur, and then when retrieval takes place, expect that my uterus will be hyperstimulate and the eggs will most likely need to be foxes and I’ll have to come back in for insementation. He connected me with his nurse, who answers all my questions and supports along the way. Currently, we are in the middle of our 1st cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dollie)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I highly recommend the clinic, I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day.
The visits with Dr. letterie were covered by my insurance, the medication and procedure were not covered. They gave me a cost estimate was updated. Medication $3,100 Treatment $10,875
Dr. Letterie only does eSET, he believes this is the most ethical way with our technology and what studies show. He will not do multiple embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Houmard] talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.... She made a diagram of the reasons a couple could have trouble getting pregnant and crossed out categories based on our medical history. It gave us a clearer picture to move forward with treatment. I never felt pressured to choose one type of treatment versus another.
When we had our consultation each staff member [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic... Genetic testing for carrier status was $350 ( mine was negative so we didn’t need to test my husband. Consultation was about $250. HSG was $850. Semen anaylsis was $125. HCG trigger shot was $70. Clomid was $20. Follicle scan was $300. And the IUI with sperm washing is $650
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She did a great job explaining our options
She talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.
I am still currently in my first IUI cycle. We started with clomid 100mg days 3-7. We did a follicle scan on day 12 and I had one follicle on each ovary. One measured 12mm and the other 9mm. I have to go back in on cycle day 16 for another US because the want at least only follicle greater than 20mm to do the trigger shot. Still waiting to get my second US.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Steph)
She was very welcoming when we met with her. She was prompt when responding to portal messages and gave me option when I was having a hard time getting records to her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we had our consultation each staff member took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic

2017 - 2019
Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach. ... Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. ... He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic.
The clinic [SRM] is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. ... It’s very expensive. ... The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. ... They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. He answers all of our questions and even draws simple diagrams to explain how different procedures work with my body. He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic. I trust his ability as a fertility specialist at Seattle Reproductive medicine. He is also timely and rarely is late for an appointment. I like having our conversations in his office rather than a sterile procedure room.
Be prepared for honesty. But in a compassionate way.
I’ve been struggling with painful heavy periods and was recently diagnosed with severe anemia caused by adenomyosis. He said he did not wish this condition on his worst enemy. I felt validated, like my symptoms were not in my head. We are moving forward with IVF and he even passed my name on for an IVF study to hopefully be a part of. I felt that I was listened to and my concerns were valued.
Started with letrazole on day three and took until day five. Went in for ultrasound. Follicles looked good each time. Returned the next day for insemination. Did this protocol three times. All Three rounds I did a trigger shot. I think gonal f. All looked good on paper, it just didn’t take. We were prepared for that to happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I have had to email Lindsay several times to get my medical records organized. She responded to each of my emails incredibly promptly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. Probably just due to the fact that each person is on their own journey and it’s just a weird place to be. They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
It’s very expensive. We have had to put our IVF on hold to try to figure out how to pay for it. Some procedures were covered by insurance.
Since we are about to start IVF Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach.
+ Read more- Read less

In 3 cycles we achieved pregnancy, so his [Dr. Shah's] protocol worked. He is very straighforward and tells you exactly what he thinks you should do. I wouldnt say he is a overly comforting person, but he did get the job done...His rationale seems to be to start slow and build as we see results so we are using the minimal amount of intervention...was very straightforward and informative. The whole thing was a very emotional and nerve wracking time for me, and I did not feel much in the way of comfort from him, but at the end of the day his protocol worked, and he knew what he was doing.
I never got the opportunity to meet Tina (you typically do meet your care coordinator at initial consult [with Seattle Reproductive Medicine] but she wasnt there that day) But throughout all of the testing, questions, and procedures she was always available to answer questions quickly, ad would always call with updates...on your fist visit you sit down with a financial planner person and go over all of the costs...Both the Everett and Kirkland location are clean and quiet (maybe too quiet!) and everyone I met through the process was friendly. They make it very easy to know what to do and when and always answer questions right away. There is definately a very clinic-y vibe, which was hard for me to reconcile with conceiving a baby, but at the end of the day thats exactly what happened!
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
In 3 cycles we achieved pregnancy, so his protocol worked. He is very straighforward and tells you exactly what he thinks you should do. I wouldnt say he is a overly comforting person, but he did get the job done.
Dr. Shah was very straightforward and informative. The whole thing was a very emotional and nerve wracking time for me, and I did not feel much in the way of comfort from him, but at the end of the day his protocol worked, and he knew what he was doing.
I had prior fertility attempts with a previous clinic. We started with bloodwork and a hysterosalpingogram and all came back good. We did one round with Femara only, which produced 1 egg (similiar results to the prior 10 or so rounds with previous clinic) and did an IUI with trigger, with a negative result. We then added 3 shots of Gonal F to the regimen, and after a follicle check decided to add 2 more days. This resulted in 3 eggs, and we did another IUi with trigger with another negative result. on our 3rd attempt we did 5 days of 7.5mg Femara, and 5 days of 75iu Gonal F, which resulted in 3 more eggs and did and IUI with trigger which resulted in a twin pregnancy. His rationale seems to be to start slow and build as we see results so we are using the minimal amount of intervention.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina Vasquez RN)
I never got the opportunity to meet Tina (you typically do meet your care coordinator at initial consult but she wasnt there that day) But throughout all of the testing, questions, and procedures she was always available to answer questions quickly, ad would always call with updates.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Alot of it could be covered under insurance. The actual medication, and IUI related costs were less than I thought they woudl be, and on your fist visit you sit down with a financial planner person and go over all of the costs.
2017 - 2019
Dr. Barker never made us feel like we were just another number at the clinic. She answered any and all questions and presented what she felt was the best option for us...Although we didn't have too many interactions with Dr. Barker, she was wonderful when we did. My husband and I felt very comfortable with her. All appointments were on time and everything was explained in detail and in a way that we understood the terminology. We felt she was compassionate and truly cared about helping to try to make our dream of having children come true...For our situation, Dr. Barker did not recommend transferring more than one embryo. And once we had success with our daughter, we went through pretty much the same exact protocol again and were successful (currently early on in pregnancy). Clinic Description
We always had great interactions with the Tacoma and Seattle clinics [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. They try to be as accommodating as possible so you don't have to go back and forth to Seattle and Tacoma. But, you do have to be flexible in that if you are primarily using Tacoma, you will have to have transfers, egg retrievals, etc. in Seattle. They are the main clinic. Great staff at both clinics!...We worked with LaTanya [nurse] the most, and she was amazing. But, all of the nursing staff was great. Everyone is compassionate to help. Again, we never felt like a number when we were in the office.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Come in with a list of questions you have. A lot of information is covered, but it's really good to do your research and ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya is amazing!)
We worked with LaTanya the most, and she was amazing. But, all of the nursing staff was great. Everyone is compassionate to help. Again, we never felt like a number when we were in the office.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We always had great interactions with the Tacoma and Seattle clinics. They try to be as accommodating as possible so you don't have to go back and forth to Seattle and Tacoma. But, you do have to be flexible in that if you are primarily using Tacoma, you will have to have transfers, egg retrievals, etc. in Seattle. They are the main clinic. Great staff at both clinics!
If insurance covers infertility, that will greatly reduce out of pocket costs. BUT, be aware that most insurance does not cover the cost of the medication associated. We were fortunate that insurance covered the treatment, but we still had probably at least $5,000 out of pocket for medication (we did 2 IVF cycles and 2 frozen embryo transfers).
+ Read more- Read less
We did PGD testing, she [Dr. Angela Thyer] strongly recommend just one to avoid multiple pregnancy...I started treatment after possible diagnose of PCOS. After all the blood test we discussed trying naturally and then slowly adding more intervention. She is really good explaining the possible outcomes and we loved that if we asked for % she always knew them. She remembered us and our case. The clinic works with an on called schedule, so she was not present for my egg retrieval or transfer but everyone at SRM is lovely.
Rebecca [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is the best! She follow us all the process and was always taking care of me not just physically but mentally too. She was really good explaining us all the details regarding test and medications...We knew that during IVF drs are on rotation so there is a big chance that your dr wont be on call for egg retrieval or transfer...All the nurses are so nice!! I was not ready to leave the clinic when i got discharge.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was straight forward giving all the information that we needed in order to make the best decision for us. It was a long road for us: wrong diagnosis by another clinic, testing, IUI (2) and finally frozen egg retrieval for PGS testing and natural transfer. I was expecting the worst during IVF. She also did IVF so she knows what you are going through. Not many clinics offer natural transfer and I loved that she considered it an option. I was mostly in contact with her nurse, Rebecca, which I completely adored. She was constantly calling me and checkin how I was doing not just physically.
Have an appointment with her and see if she is right fit for you, as with any doctor.
Gonal-F 225 IU, and Menopur 75 IU. Ultrasound monitoring for growth. Lupron trigger. And Natural transfer, so just ultrasounds and checking for ovulation. Trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
Rebecca is the best! She follow us all the process and was always taking care of me not just physically but mentally too. She was really good explaining us all the details regarding test and medications.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We knew that during IVF drs are on rotation so there is a big chance that your dr wont be on call for egg retrieval or transfer. Both drs, that I have not meet before were really nice. It may be something that may be important to know. All the nurses are so nice!! I was not ready to leave the clinic when i got discharge.
Covered by insurance
We did PGD testing, she strongly recommend just one to avoid multiple pregnancy, which we totally agree.
+ Read more- Read less
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Shah was fine...He is a nice man. However, I did not have a good outcome and the fertilization method I requested was not followed. I feel like I wasted my time and money. He was respectful of my husband and me and adapted portions of my treatment protocol as requested...He wanted to trigger me using lupron, but I requested a dual trigger of lupron and hcg due to the low number if follicles and size. He instructed me to use Novarel 10,000 units the night of trigger. I ended up triggering early do to my follicle size and response to meds.
I am extremely disappointed with my experience with SRM. They seemed unorganized at times and my preference for natural fertilization was not followed. In the end, I suffered what feels like a big loss and ended up with nothing. However, everyone was nice... there was a delay in receiving a response of my patient portal messages. It was faster to call her [nurse] and leave a message. Additionally, mixed information was provided about the time of egg retrieval and after care instructions, even though it ended up being ok in the end.
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Shah was fine. I am not a fan of SRM practice policies and I will not be returning.
I took Menopur 150 units plus Gonal-F 300 units, with close follow up. My ovaries responded very fast. I added cetrotide 0.25mg to prevent ovulation while continuing the Menopur and Gonal-F once my follicle size was adequate. He wanted to trigger me using lupron, but I requested a dual trigger of lupron and hcg due to the low number if follicles and size. He instructed me to use Novarel 10,000 units the night of trigger. I ended up triggering early do to my follicle size and response to meds. The day of egg retrieval was performed by Dr. Criniti. She was nice. Seven eggs were retrieved from my 7 follicles (I have one ovary). Of the 7 eggs 5 were mature and fertilized using ICSI. Only 2 of the 5 eggs fertilized appropriately. Of the 2 embryos none were frozen because they stopped developing on Day 3. This practice only looks at embryos on Day 5/6. I received a call on Day 5, that my embryos stopped developing. They wanted to discuss next steps, but I had no interest due to my loss. This was for fertility preservation and due to my poor outcome, I will not pursue the full recommended treatment of chemoimmunotherapy. I am going to try my luck with immunotherapy only.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grace H. )
Grace is nice. However, there was a delay in receiving a response of my patient portal messages. It was faster to call her and leave a message. Additionally, mixed information was provided about the time of egg retrieval and after care instructions, even though it ended up being ok in the end.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had issues with the financial counseling. I was told opposing information by the same and different people. I also did not get a due date on my estimate, but was told it was due within 30 days of egg retrieval since I was a Shared Hope/cancer patient. This was not the case. I received a message a week after my first visit requesting the full (almost) $9,000 due immediately. I also tried to pay for a semen analysis the day of but was told to just wait for a bill in the mail, which was also apparently wrong. I am extremely disappointed with my experience with SRM. They seemed unorganized at times and my preference for natural fertilization was not followed. In the end, I suffered what feels like a big loss and ended up with nothing. However, everyone was nice.
Just under $9,000 due to being apart of Shared Hope program for cancer patients. Additionally, medications were free as a cancer patient via the Heartbeat Program and Livestrong.
I did not make it to this stage, but his preference is single embryo transfer given my age. However, I informed him that I wanted 2 embryos transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have already listed out my issues with conflicting information, change of time and physician performing egg retrieval, and pharmacy paperwork issues(but no delay in receiving medications)

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
[Dr. Brena Houmard] was exactly what we were hoping for during our initial consultation. She listened, reviewed our records and provided us with her honest recommendation for action...She showed compassion. was honest and respects our timeline and interest in fast-tracking the process. She is flexible and her team is super communicative in answering all of our questions and taking their time to speak with us - we never felt rushed...She showed compassion. was honest and respects our timeline and interest in fast-tracking the process. She is flexible and her team is super communicative in answering all of our questions and taking their time to speak with us - we never felt rushed.
Everyone in the office [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is friendly and available. The location of the office is super easy to get to and is very clean and organized. For being the only facility in the Spokane area that my insurance was aligned to, I am extremely satisfied with my selection... They are flexible with scheduling, speaking and providing next steps. I am extremely happy with our decision to work with SRM Spokane Valley...I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis and after agreeing with Dr. Houmard that IVF would be the best next step in our infertility journey, she recommended that I get back on birth control as soon as possible, to alleviate my pain from the Endometriosis symptoms. We then both got our blood work tested for genetic disorders and are now on our way to preparing for our egg retrieval.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Brenda was everything that you could hope for as your doctor. She showed compassion. was honest and respects our timeline and interest in fast-tracking the process. She is flexible and her team is super communicative in answering all of our questions and taking their time to speak with us - we never felt rushed.
Make sure that you can bring along all of your records, do your research ahead of time and let the doctor review and share their perspective. You might be surprised that you're both on the same page.
Brenda was exactly what we were hoping for during our initial consultation. She listened, reviewed our records and provided us with her honest recommendation for action.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katelyn Long)
Everyone in this office is friendly. They are flexible with scheduling, speaking and providing next steps. I am extremely happy with our decision to work with SRM Spokane Valley.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone in the office is friendly and available. The location of the office is super easy to get to and is very clean and organized. For being the only facility in the Spokane area that my insurance was aligned to, I am extremely satisfied with my selection.
These are still being reviewed by my insurance, Progyny.
This is still being considered by both sides (Dr. Houmard and us). We have heard the statistics are are currently deciding on our approach.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Davis would reach out when there were unexpected results and her nurse coordinator Jenna, would keep in regular contact and consult with Dr. Davis as needed throughout our treatment cycles... is very knowledgeable and provides honest and positive feedback with our treatment, which spanned over several years. She was very respectful of our opinions about our treatment options and what we felt comfortable with. She provided us ample information to make informed decisions as well as statistical information about our success rates, depending on what option we pursued, which was helpful.
Our primary nurse coordinator [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was Jenna and she was very available by patient messaging and occasionally we would talk on the phone. She was quick to respond to any questions and if she was unavailable, other nurses in the clinic would followup. Weekends were tough because the staffing is limited and sometimes it would take multiple phone calls to the operator to get an answer...IUI and IVF cycles were out of pocket, payment up front prior to the initiation of the cycle. All inclusive of lab, US and any anesthesia/surgical costs. Multicycle discount provided for additional IVF cycles (10%). Did not participate in Attain or any other multi-cycle program, though this was offered.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very knowledgeable and provides honest and positive feedback with our treatment, which spanned over several years. She was very respectful of our opinions about our treatment options and what we felt comfortable with. She provided us ample information to make informed decisions as well as statistical information about our success rates, depending on what option we pursued, which was helpful.
write your questions down and do some of your own research to have informative discussions.
-letrozole initially with timed intercourse -letrozole with IUI -combination of menopur 75 IU and Gonal F 450 IU, cetrotide antagonist started on day 5 in the 2nd half of stimulation with lupron trigger for IVF #1&2, I have moderately diminished ovarian reserve with my AMH at low normal for my age -Menopur 150 IU and gonal f 375 IU with cetrotide antagonist with HCG trigger on cycle #3, egg retrieval done at hour 35 instead of 36 due to early ovulation on cycle #2 Don't have much information of drug dosing strategy, but the antagonist protocol was what we did with different dosing on each cycle. No significant change in my stimulation response to this between cycles. I had poor quality eggs with each cycle and had an unexpected early ovulation in cycle #2, so they were only able to retrieve 2 eggs with that cycle because of the early ovulation.
Our primary nurse coordinator was Jenna and she was very available by patient messaging and occasionally we would talk on the phone. She was quick to respond to any questions and if she was unavailable, other nurses in the clinic would followup. Weekends were tough because the staffing is limited and sometimes it would take multiple phone calls to the operator to get an answer.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
High volume clinic with a great embryology program and many options for patients with a variety of issues. Multiple providers and locations make scheduling easy and provide options for convenience. Because of the high volumes, you must be your own advocate and be persistent. You can feel like a number, but that does not mean that the care providers are not caring and compassionate, but if your primary doctor or nurse are not responding, you may be dealing with a partner and they will obviously be less familiar. Be patient and persistent, if you have questions, speak up.
IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
I was confident in his [Dr. Paul Dudley's] care and never doubted that his recommended treatment plans were in my best interest...My IVF plan included a hysteroscopy and a hybrid IVF cycle, but I ended up conceiving naturally in a failed IUI cycle...took the time to understand my wishes, my family history, and the factors that led me to his care. I felt that we were on the same page about the urgency and approach of my treatment.
Scheduling [at SRM] is great. Phlebotomists are hit or miss...When you request to see your nurse or a financial coordinator, they are always available, but you do need to request to see them after your appointment, it's not built in to every visit...She [nurse] had sufficient knowledge about IUI/IVF cycles, but deferred to the doctors when she was unsure. Most of the time, I reached out to her to initiate contact. She did not seem to understand the urgency or level of monitoring required with my care, with comments such as, "if we miss it, we'll just try again" which lack empathy for a patient's willingness to subject themselves to more drugs, expenses, and more time to conception. Unfortunately, her judgment is what led to the clinic missing my ovulation, and rather than an apology, I got a "we'll just try again next time". Following that failed IUI I requested a new nurse who seemed much more competent and aligned with my expectations of detailed treatment plans, next steps, and consistent communication.
IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is competent, caring, and realistic about his patient care. He gave me all of the facts and details that I wanted, and ensured that I understood all of my options and their associated success rates. He is cognizant of the fact that patients are going to spend a significant amount of money on their treatment, and so he recommends a treatment plan that he believes will work for you, and will also fall within your expected expenditures. As SRM's medical director, it's clear that he has clinical experience with all types of cases, and tailors his approach accordingly. I was confident in his care and never doubted that his recommended treatment plans were in my best interest.
Come with your questions, and Dr. Dudley will be able to address them to whatever level of detail you're comfortable with.
Dr. Dudley took the time to understand my wishes, my family history, and the factors that led me to his care. I felt that we were on the same page about the urgency and approach of my treatment.
I took 5 days of letrozole and 2 doses of menopur in preparation for an IUI. I also had an HSG. My IVF plan included a hysteroscopy and a hybrid IVF cycle, but I ended up conceiving naturally in a failed IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had two nurses. My first nurse seemed flighty, but I didn't want to judge her for that. She had sufficient knowledge about IUI/IVF cycles, but deferred to the doctors when she was unsure. Most of the time, I reached out to her to initiate contact. She did not seem to understand the urgency or level of monitoring required with my care, with comments such as, "if we miss it, we'll just try again" which lack empathy for a patient's willingness to subject themselves to more drugs, expenses, and more time to conception. Unfortunately, her judgment is what led to the clinic missing my ovulation, and rather than an apology, I got a "we'll just try again next time". Following that failed IUI I requested a new nurse who seemed much more competent and aligned with my expectations of detailed treatment plans, next steps, and consistent communication.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Scheduling is great. Phlebotomists are hit or miss. My first blood draw took 3 MA's and 4 attempts. My next blood draws were by a different MA, and she got it on the first time everytime. When you request to see your nurse or a financial coordinator, they are always available, but you do need to request to see them after your appointment, it's not built in to every visit.

2013 - 2019
[Dr. Thyer] was typically conservative and tried to stear clear of multiples, for their and my health, but after 3 failed transfers, she left the decision up to us, which we appreciated...At times she was hard to get ahold of and it was rare that she was my actual treating physician...We mainly talked during follow up appointments and discussed next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. She is kind and compassionate, though with so many patients I’m not sure she recognized me for the first few months. Overall she’s a great doctor and I’ve been told by other, non affiliated healthcare professionals that she’s the best in the business.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] a big clinic, so it was easy to feel like a number, but the doctors took their time and the nurses were really helpful, making me feel more like a cherished part of the team...Our nurse was top notch. She was an excellent communicator, gave prompt and empathetic responses to messages...They offer beverages while you wait and are fairly comfortable. There are several to choose from, with was beneficial. Scheduling could be frustrating, as appointment times fill up quickly. I found that I needed to bend my schedule around their availability (taking time off work, etc) because it was just too frustrating to try to make it work with the limited availablity. It’s nice that weekends were an option at the Seattle clinic. Scheduling, phlebotomist, and support staff at all the clinics were really great.
2013 - 2019
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I really appreciate that Dr. Thayer isn’t pushy and allowed me to go at my own pace of treatment. She had good ideas and was careful to explain things in a way that the layman could understand. At times she was hard to get ahold of and it was rare that she was my actual treating physician. (It’s a very large clinic and they rotate clinical duties.) We mainly talked during follow up appointments and discussed next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. She is kind and compassionate, though with so many patients I’m not sure she recognized me for the first few months. Overall she’s a great doctor and I’ve been told by other, non affiliated healthcare professionals that she’s the best in the business.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Also, if you decide to do ivf, ask up front if they plan to do ICSI for your treatment plan. That was a surprise for us.
It’s a big clinic, so it was easy to feel like a number, but the doctors took their time and the nurses were really helpful, making me feel more like a cherished part of the team.
Our nurse was top notch. She was an excellent communicator, gave prompt and empathetic responses to messages, and was a great intermediary between us and Dr. Thayer. Two thumbs up!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The Srm clinics are clean and professional. They offer beverages while you wait and are fairly comfortable. There are several to choose from, with was beneficial. Scheduling could be frustrating, as appointment times fill up quickly. I found that I needed to bend my schedule around their availability (taking time off work, etc) because it was just too frustrating to try to make it work with the limited availablity. It’s nice that weekends were an option at the Seattle clinic. Scheduling, phlebotomist, and support staff at all the clinics were really great.
Ivf is really expensive, I’m not sure the exact number but it was definitely over $10,000 to start, then $3500 for each frozen embryo transfer cycle. Medication was separate, which would vary between $150-$4500, depending on needs. Additional screenings and tests were also out of pocket, usually between $500-$800 dollars a pop. It takes a lot of saving and years of patience to undergo ivf. It’s especially frustrating when you spend all that money and you still get negative results.
At first the plan was always to transfer 1 embryo at a time, but this last time we elected to transfer 2, and that was our first positive beta. Dr. Thayer was typically conservative and tried to stear clear of multiples, for their and my health, but after 3 failed transfers, she left the decision up to us, which we appreciated.
+ Read more- Read less

we did a lupron trigger [with Dr. Mazur] to help decrease the chance of developing OHSS. We did a freeze all cycle...recommended that we transfer one embryo, but left the decision up to us if we wanted to transfer 2...had such a good bedside manner and was so empathetic towards us every step of the way. He really made us feel like we were in the right hands. He definitely makes you feel human...He never made me feel pressured into anything that I wasn't comfortable with. He fully explained each process of whatever treatment we were trying. After my successful embryo transfer he was there to answer questions or see me if I have any concerns. Dr. Mazur is nothing short of amazing.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] overall was good. There needs to be an understanding that your Dr. may not be the one to do IUI, or the actual IVF procedures as they are done at the Seattle location. I enjoyed my encounters with all the staff...She [nurse] always made sure we had a proper understanding of our treatment plan. She was prompt at returning calls and answering any questions. She was also very empathetic
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I absolutely loved being a patient of Dr. Mazur. He never made me feel pressured into anything that I wasn't comfortable with. He fully explained each process of whatever treatment we were trying. After my successful embryo transfer he was there to answer questions or see me if I have any concerns. Dr. Mazur is nothing short of amazing.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure to always advocate for yourself. This goes for seeing any Dr.
Dr. Mazur had such a good bedside manner and was so empathetic towards us every step of the way. He really made us feel like we were in the right hands. He definitely makes you feel human.
I don't remember the exact protocol or dosage. I did gonal f injections and menopur. We then added in cetrotide injections to keep me from ovulating. I did a lupron trigger before our retrieval. I know we did a lupron trigger to help decrease the chance of developing OHSS. We did a freeze all cycle. We waited a month before doing a frozen transfer. Before the transfer I started PIO injections once daily and endometrin suppositories 2 times a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ana)
Ana was as fantastic as Dr. Mazur. She always made sure we had a proper understanding of our treatment plan. She was prompt at returning calls and answering any questions. She was also very empathetic
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall was good. There needs to be an understanding that your Dr. may not be the one to do IUI, or the actual IVF procedures as they are done at the Seattle location. I enjoyed my encounters with all the staff
We spent in total for all testing and treatment roughly $30,000
Dr. Mazur recommended that we transfer one embryo, but left the decision up to us if we wanted to transfer 2.

Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. ... I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. ... We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route.
Very warm setting [SRM], friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby. ... My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna.
Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. She always reached out to us after any loss personally and even now she has reached out with our little victory !
Nothing, other than you have chose the right provider for your care.
Dr. Barker is always so caring. We always appreciated her time and how she handled our situation.
I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. I took letrozole, metformin and ovidrel with timed intercourse. I was able to get pregnant with this treatment...but had miscarriages. We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route. This was important to us. IVF is not covered by my insurance and $25000 is quite a bit of money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza )
I love Anna! She always responded so quickly! She is so encouraging and kind. She would also reach out just to check on us. I live that she would include my husband too. This type of treatment can feel like it's all on you but Anna remembered that my husband and I are a team.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very warm setting, friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby.
My insurance didnt cover much. I mostly paid for my injections monthly and my follicle ultrasounds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna. Also, once I 'graduated' and needed my charts sent to my OB, my release of information from was lost, almost delaying my OB appointment.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr Davis is amazing. Under my pervious care, I was treated like a number, misdiagnosed with PCOS, and told that I was very overweight (I’m not). Dr Davis has taken the time to get to know my husband and I, our priorities, and work with us to create a plan we are all comfortable with. She has never pushed a treatment on us that we were not ready for, and is always available to talk when I need encouragement. Just last night we were on the phone for an hour because we found out our latest treatment failed. I am lucky to be under her care.
[SRM's] Strengths: Organized and welcoming; the staff is all very competent and capable. Weaknesses: Very busy. Wish we had more time with our doctors. I love and trust the nurses but there is something very reassuring about talking to my actual doctor that I need more than every 3 months.... I’ve had a hell of a time getting them to send my test results to my naturopath... $1000 per IUI $175 per ultrasound $125 per trigger shot
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Her communication, transparency and ability to empathize are her super powers. Weaknesses: I wish I could talk to her more, but I also understand that I am in good care with the nursing staff and they are all very aligned.
Giving a list of lifestyle changes that she recommends would be nice; even if it is just a book she likes. It helps me to keep my mind busy and feel like I’m doing something to help myself and I’d love to be aligned with her vision of what health looks like
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Andrews )
Collaborative Kind Empathetic Encouraging
A lot. $1000 per IUI $175 per ultrasound $125 per trigger shot
She encourages SET vs DET to reduce complexity in birth. She explained the risks well and I love her conservative but confident approach
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve had a hell of a time getting them to send my test results to my naturopath