Genetic counseling: Offered
Tri-Cities Satellite Location
945 Goethals
Richland, WA 99352
877-938-2191
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Strengths - convenient location [SRM], great team of doctors, very timely in their communication, cheaper than some other clinics, very professional and ethical (e.g. very mindful about personal information down to how you check in), very thorough providers and nurses, returns calls quickly, easy to schedule appointments Weaknesses - most of the care (e.g. IUI's) is provided by the nurses or someone other than your primary doctor; your doctor makes all the decisions and is who you have follow up appointments with but isn't always the one doing the procedures.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - convenient location, great team of doctors, very timely in their communication, cheaper than some other clinics, very professional and ethical (e.g. very mindful about personal information down to how you check in), very thorough providers and nurses, returns calls quickly, easy to schedule appointments Weaknesses - most of the care (e.g. IUI's) is provided by the nurses or someone other than your primary doctor; your doctor makes all the decisions and is who you have follow up appointments with but isn't always the one doing the procedures.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley spent so much time getting to know my husband and I. He wanted to know our interests and about our relationship and these were his first questions (rather than our medical history). By meeting in his office, overlooking the lake, it was a much more comfortable setting to converse compared to a medical exam/treatment room. He also shared about his interests and backgrounds and found common interests so we feel like we've gotten to know him too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tanya)
Tanya is super thorough, responds to emails within hours, and always sends detailed calendars and explanations of next steps. If she doesn't know the answer to something, she asks our doctor and usually gets back to us within the same day.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley has been extremely thorough. He adjusts his education to our needs and questions; sometimes drawing great charts & diagrams, and other times just talking. He always spends a lot of time with us and he seems to really reference the research, which we, as scientists, appreciate. He weighs the pros and cons of each treatment and gives us sound advice. He is very much of a "western medicine" mindset but is open to other treatment options (e.g. acupuncture); he is really candid and detailed but sometimes talks quickly so it's important to ask specific questions and to repeat them as needed. He communicates clearly to his nurses and they have an understanding of the plan moving forward. We also advocated for him to do some of our US and procedures as we got more thorough answers to our questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be yourself and ask every single question you have.
Describe the protocols Paul Dudley used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrozole - less side effects with Letrozole, more tolerable and you get a better response. IUI because of our infertility factors - the combination still placed us at higher chances of IUI working. Did this for 2 cycles because of my response and then added Menopur to last IUI cycle to increase the follicle production because didn't have as good of a response as he had hoped. None of these IUI cycles produced a pregnancy so our next step is IVF - rationale being that we are good candidates and have the potential for a positive response.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Each IUI cycle was $650 with fresh sperm. IVF ranges from $13,000-$20,000 without medications.
Describe Paul Dudley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We are still discussing this but his rationale for a single embryo transfer is that he'd rather us have one healthy child than be a high risk pregnancy with multiples.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I didn’t have any issues with the clinic, everything went really smooth. The place was really nice, and all the staff I saw were really helpful. I’d also like to point out that as far as billing and costs everything was just as they said it would be there were no “surprises” or anything like that. It costs “x amount”, we paid “x amount” simple...I am not from the Seattle area, so I was a bit concerned starting out about communication, and coordination but they were on it! I mean like if I had a question I got an email or a call right away and they took care of everything as far as getting orders in to local labs it was a huge relief not to have to worry about all that stuff being taken care of.
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Whenever I spoke with her I really got the sense that she cared about what was going on and really wanted things to work out for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
As I said earlier I am not from the Seattle area, so I was a bit concerned starting out about communication, and coordination but they were on it! I mean like if I had a question I got an email or a call right away and they took care of everything as far as getting orders in to local labs it was a huge relief not to have to worry about all that stuff being taken care of.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I’m not from Seattle, so many appointments were done over the phone in the beginning. I felt really knowledgeable and confident about the IVF process and what I was getting myself into from the start, as she did an excellent job of explaining things. She also coordinated with local medical facilities to do necessary testing (blood work, ultrasounds etc) where I live which was a huge help (otherwise I would have needed to spend more time and therefore money in Seattle). When I first met her in person I had a sense that I was in good hands she explained what the next few days would entail and what to expect with each procedure. I remember telling my husband “I’m really glad she is my doctor, she really seems to care”. Now, although we didn’t get the result we were hoping for, Dr.Davis called to offer her sincere condolences and had come up with a plan to go about things a bit differently next time to hopefully provide a better outcome. That was nice because it was obviously a really heartbreaking time and when you go through all this, well, when it doesn’t work it’s hard not to lose hope, her calling and saying ok we learned from this and we are going to use that information to give you a better chance next time, that was the little glimmer of hope I needed in that time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would just say to write down any questions you have so you remember to ask them, she is really good at explaining things, and if there is anything you don’t quite understand just ask and she will make sure to explain it in such a way that you fully understand it
Describe the protocols Lynn Davis used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the exact protocol, but I started out taking birth control pills for about 2 weeks. I don’t recall the exact order or combination, but the other medications I used were menapure, gonal-f, and lupron. Then there was a “trigger shot” right before egg retrieval. I believe this was used based on my age circumstances etc. As this was my first round of IVF it was explained to me that it was a good “middle of the road” dosing regimen enough to stimulate good egg production, but hopefully not so much that it would cause hyper stimulation. This all proved to be true, the problem was I began ovulating before the retrieval so some of the healthier or more developed eggs were lost, I had one embryo make it to day 5, which was transferred. Sadly it did not result in pregnancy. Having seen how I reacted to the medications and what all transpired Dr.Davis recomended a different protocol of medications and an earlier retrieval for the next attempt.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think the actual IVF was around 12 or 13,000 and the medications were about 3,500 but I don’t remember exactly
Describe Lynn Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was explained to me that if there were only 2 embryos available for transfer that statistically I would have a better chance of conceiving by doing two separate transfers vs doing both at the same time, however we only had one embryo so it was a bit of a non issue in our situation.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
This practice [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] does a high volume and sometimes if you are not a squeaky wheel, you will not the the information you need in a timely fashion. This clinic had my allergies on file and still prescribed me a medication that is prohibited with my allergies... I wasn't really alerted about when my care coordinator was going to be out and would get emails or calls back from nurses I didn't know. Sometimes felt like I did not get speedy responses to my emails.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: This is not a screening clinic. They do try to help everyone while also being realistic about your chances of conceiving. Their higher numbers of patients can be a good thing as far as making sure their lab is handling an adequate number of cases to keep their skills sharp. Although we had some IUI semen samples where things got worse rather than better after their lab treatment to them with no concern from them at the time that this was a problem, which made us have less confidence in their lab. Lots of locations for more convenience. Weaknesses: This is a high throughput clinic and if you are not proactive about seeking feedback you will get lost in the shuffle at various points. You will not see your doctor during IUIs, ultrasound checks as this stuff is handled by the staff. The doctors also rotate who is on duty for the surgery procedures so it may not be your doc who does the egg retrieval for example. Based on my search for how many papers their physicians have authored recently, they don't really have a research focus. If you want the kind of team who really enjoys staying really on top of the latest technology improvements and working towards more, this is not the clinic for you. Billing can be incredibly slow. We received our last bill 7 months after the appointment. Other: Often doctors are booked more than a month out so be proactive about scheduling follow ups in advance if you want to see them in a timely fashion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
This practice does a high volume and sometimes if you are not a squeaky wheel, you will not the the information you need in a timely fashion. This clinic had my allergies on file and still prescribed me a medication that is prohibited with my allergies. They were courteous about resolving that and prescribing an alternative. Also it wasn't until we were several IUI's in that they commented on some age related poor quality in the specimens my husband produced. This was only because we made an appointment to go back over our results. It shocked me that our doc did not seem to be at least reviewing the data coming out of our IUIs and letting us know if something didn't look right, because we were not the experts and didn't know what do look for. I do feel in general that I was able to get all the tests I asked for once I started doing research about my situation. They did decline to do acrosome sperm testing, which we wanted to see if it was worth doing more IUIs before moving on to IVF. They are not a weeding out practice, allowing you to try IVF even when your success rates are low (less than 10% per cycle). Our Doctor was realistic and kind in telling me the stats and in doing any tests that seemed reasonable. Also they are conscientious of wait times and if its over 30 mins late they give you a starbucks card. I found the nurses to overall be pleasant in clinic but sometimes not as responsive in email as I would like. When I mentioned that I have had some painful IUIs, my doc made sure my next one was done by the same experienced person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
I wasn't really alerted about when my care coordinator was going to be out and would get emails or calls back from nurses I didn't know. Sometimes felt like I did not get speedy responses to my emails. There was one situation where I was having trouble getting timely responses from the pharmacy where the clinic told me they sent the prescription and the clinic staff was slow to respond to my requests to use another pharmacy even though time was running out for me before an upcoming holiday to get stuff shipped in time. It made for a much more stressful process than it needed to be. Otherwise I found most of the nurses to be pretty pleasant.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was willing to modify protocols when we weren't getting the results we wanted. She was comfortable trying low-dose IVF which is something newer on the scene for my situation. She was also willing to run tests proactively given as older prospective parents we didn't want to waste any cycles if we could spot a problem ahead of time that was relatively easy to diagnose such as run a blood panel, genetic prescreen, or hysteroscopy. Sometimes I felt like the follow through was lacking. I asked about some lab stats for example and she never really got back to us with the answers and though this is typical health care system stuff falling through the cracks, it's really bothers me when I have to keep repeating my questions to get answers. Overall she has a style of delivering realistic info in a nicer way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be proactive in asking for feedback after tests or cycles because your case will not be automatically reviewed by her.
Describe the protocols Angela Thyer used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our first attempts to deal with my age related diminished ovarian reserve were to try medicated IUI's to help me ovulate a few eggs each cycle. We tried follistim and menopur and I was successful in producing 2-4 follicles of appropriate size each time but none resulted in pregnancy. I also did at one point develop a cyst after doing back to back cycles that necessitated us delaying our next IUI attempt until it resolved. After 3 failed IUIs we discussed trying IVF or a mini/low dose IVF but eventually decided to go with another clinic to pursue this treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
IUI's would run about 1200 plus medication costs.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Their [SRM- Tacoma] hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")... Everyone referred to my care coordinator as a nurse but she is not. She was very disorganized, lacked compassion and understanding, and at times was rude. I saw a different nurse each time and they were fine, just straight to the point and quick.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Their hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was really kind and to the point but her staff were not as friendly and at times were difficult to work with. They acted as gatekeepers and I was not given an opportunity to talk to Dr. Barker once treatment started, even to adjust my protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya)
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Once your protocol is determined you will not be able to speak to her or change it for 3 cycles. The initial visit is very brief so have your questions written down and take notes.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Letrozole 5mg CD3-7, Ovidrel approximately 24 hours prior to IUI, give or take some (ranged 21-30 hours). Unexplained infertility, no reason given for this protocol. Resulted in 1-4 follicles each cycle and no pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
$750 for each IUI with sperm wash. $300 for 30-minute consultation with Dr. Barker. Drugs through 3rd party pharmacy.
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
-Semen collection for IUIs are awkward. I wish we had a discreet way of saying whether or not we want to go in the room with our partner (or moreso if our partner wants us to go in). -Kind front desk staff. -Clean environment. -Great nurse care. -Low doctor involvement for IUI. -Good communication with nurse.
During my 4 IUIs, I saw Dr. Davis once for a consultation and once after they all failed and she recommended IVF. There were no in between hellos or check ins. I think that’s pretty normal but I just didn’t expect that. Our nurse, Brianna, was amazing though!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brianna Correa)
My nurse, Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Davis was pleasant, but I felt like just another patient. I feel like because we could “only” afford IUIs out of pocket, we weren’t taken as seriously. I only saw Dr Davis twice during our 4 IUIs - once for a consultation and once when they all failed and she recommended IVF. I didn’t even feel like she was my doctor, really. I felt like my nurse was! All communication was done through the nurse. Dr Davis might respond differently to people doing IVF, but for our IUIs I’d say she was pretty much nonexistent, but nice when we did talk to her twice.
Ask about the communication methods so you’re not surprised to be only speaking with the nurse and monitored by the nurse the whole time. Come with your own questions. Know and trust your body. Make sure you aren’t put through a cookie cutter / one size fits all process. Ask “why” for each and every medication. Ask her success rates for IUI with endometriosis.
I’m 30 (was 28 at the time)...My cycle is normal (26 days), ovulate on my own, all hormones came back “normal”, and the only factor known is stage I endometriosis. I was put on Letrozole (Femara) instead of Clomid because of endo. I used Ovidrel for better timing, and progesterone post IUI to help lining if pregnant. For the 4th IUI, they added a low dose of Gonal-f to try to produce more eggs (I think?). I always had 1 mature egg on my own anyways.
I was quoted $17,300.00 for one cycle of IVF. (Out of pocket - our insurance covers $0.) We paid about $1,000 total for each IUI - so $4,000 total. Smaller fees throughout - such as consultation (which I think is like $250), hormone tests, AMH test, final consultation ...etc.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is hands-down the best medical experience I've had in my life. For starters, they are EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michelle Cho was extremely personable and knowledgeable - she inherited our case from another doctor who had retired, and took the time to familiarize herself with our background. She listened carefully to our goals, and worked with us to try an initial approach we were comfortable with. She was also great about asserting her opinion based on her expertise....she is extremely knowledgeable and knows what she is talking about. Under her guidance, we are now expecting a baby boy! I have the utmost confidence and trust in Michelle Cho, and would recommend her to anyone trying to conceive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grace Hallas)
Grace Hallas is an absolute angel!!! She was my primary contact during the entire process of our working with SRM, and I must have called and/or emailed her a hundred times throughout the course of our treatment. She was SO caring, compassionate, quick to respond and help with anything and everything I had questions about. She would consult Dr. Cho if necessary, and always reply within the same day or even hours of my contacting her. I can't possibly say enough good things about Grace!
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michele Cho is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Take Michele's advice....she knows what she's talking about!
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When we first came to Michele, she looked at our case and recommended we do an embryo transfer, as we had 3 frozen embryos banked. However, we wanted to try a more conservative approach first, so we did several cycles of TE (with Letrazole and Gonal-F), which didn't work. Finally, we took her advice and tried the transfer, which worked on the first try!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had some insurance coverage, which helped defray a lot of the costs.
Kirkland

Even though I know SRM treats a lot of patients, I always felt like they were happy to see me and remembered me. I also felt like I always received their full attention during my appointments--with Dr. Shah and with all the staff... SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET....The receptionists were extremely friendly, as were the nurses, med techs, and doctors who saw me...Even though SRM is a large practice, the individual locations make it feel smaller and more personal, while the experience of the lab, embryology team, and team of doctors ultimately results in excellent patient outcomes.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a massive practice, with multiple locations, each with multiple doctors. If you are in the Seattle area, SRM is one of the top fertility clinics in the area. If you haven't already, check them out in the SART database; their success rates are second to none in the area, and they do more IVF cycles than any other practice. The reason I chose them was, with so many cycles a year and such high rates of success, I assumed their lab and overall team had the most experience and therefore would offer the best treatment and highest chance of pregnancy for my husband and me. As a patient, I also observed that they followed what I knew from research to be current best practices in the field. With such a large practice, you might assume you wouldn't receive as much personal attention, but this was never the case for me at SRM. I never waited long--if at all--to get into an appointment; if I arrived early, they typically got me in early, which was awesome. When I arrived late on a couple occasions, they were still able to get me in fairly quickly. The receptionists were extremely friendly, as were the nurses, med techs, and doctors who saw me; and I saw people at Kirkland, Bellevue, and Seattle Westlake locations. I never felt rushed through an appointment. Everyone was happy to answer my questions, and when I needed to cry--as I did on a couple occasions--the staff was very compassionate and understanding. SRM even gave me a gift upon my "graduation" from their practice to my local OB. :-) I honestly loved being a patient at SRM. Even though SRM is a large practice, the individual locations make it feel smaller and more personal, while the experience of the lab, embryology team, and team of doctors ultimately results in excellent patient outcomes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Even though I know SRM treats a lot of patients, I always felt like they were happy to see me and remembered me. I also felt like I always received their full attention during my appointments--with Dr. Shah and with all the staff. It was a really great experience. I actually really looked forward to my appointments, and I enjoyed being in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie Allbaugh)
Katie was always extremely friendly and prompt in responding to my messages. She was also very prompt to call me back on the phone. I couldn't ask for a better nurse IVF coordinator.
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. During my appointments, Dr. Shah was always very thorough and clear in his explanations, and he was happy to answer any questions I had--and I always have a lot of questions. He is very personable, but still straightforward and calm and confident. This is actually my favorite kind of doctor personality--I find it easy to trust doctors like this. Dr. Shah was always quick to respond to any issues I might have. He even called me to follow up on a question I'd had via the Patient Portal one day, asking how I was feeling also, even thought that wasn't strictly relevant to my question. Additionally, everything Dr. Shah said and recommended in my treatment adhered to what I had learned were the newest best practices in IVF treatment, and that was extremely important to me. Dr. Shah never pushed my partner and me in any one direction in terms of treatment options, though he did make recommendations. I always felt very comfortable with him during all conversations and procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
The only thing that might concern some patients is that Dr. Shah is young (and therefore supposedly inexperienced), but I think that is actually an asset in a field where best practices change so quickly. Dr. Shah has clearly excelled in his field, is extremely knowledgeable in REI, and is up-to-date in the newest practices and standards of care. Ask lots of questions, and Dr. Shah's knowledge, clarity, and personality should help you feel at ease. It did me.
Describe the protocols Akhil Shah used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF-ICSI. Approximately 10-12 days of estrogen to stop my cycle. Then started lowest recommended doses of Menopur and Gonal-F to stimulate egg production. About 8 days in started Cetrotide to stop me from ovulating too soon. Used Pregnyl to trigger ovulation 36 hours prior to egg retrieval. Retrieved 19 eggs from one ovary; couldn't find the other ovary and believe it not to exist. Of 19 eggs, 15 fertilized; on day 5, 1 was ready for a Day 5 transfer, and on day 6, 3 were ready for freezing for future cycles. We went with a low dose of the stimulation meds because I am a thin, small woman (5' 2", 120 lbs), and Dr. Shah wanted to reduce the risk of hyperstimulation. Even with that, I still mildly hyperstimulated, which is still the case, as I got pregnant from that transfer; but it's just resulted in certain exercise restrictions since I have an enlarged ovary. Dr. Shah had me back for an extra Ultrasound appointment to monitor the ovary and has since graduated me to my local OB for monitoring of the pregnancy and the ovary. At one point, I was concerned about not getting eggs from the other ovary (which we now think doesn't exist), and asked about the possibility of restarting the cycle. Dr. Shah encouraged me to continue, because the responsive ovary was already doing very well, and we had a good chance of having a successful cycle regardless. I'm glad we did proceed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My IVF cycle cost about $13K with medications. It would have been closer to $16K, but they gave us a military discount. It costs $40 a month to store embryos--the same to store sperm. $120 for a uterine sounding. Otherwise, I can't remember. A lot of the diagnostics are billed to insurance, which is nice.
Describe Akhil Shah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Shah--and indeed, I believe this is in accord with SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET. I am 31, so my chances of having healthy embryos that would form healthy pregnancies was very high, so high that if we were to transfer two, my risk of multiples was 30%--too high for comfort, considering the risks accompanying multiple gestation. This was my understanding from research I'd already done, as well, so my husband and I came into treatment already wanting eSET. I also know a couple young women who have had twins from multiple embryo transfer, and I knew the risk was high. I believe if I had been an older woman or had already had failed previous transfers or cycles, the recommendation would have been different. However, since this was my first IVF and there was no reason to believe we wouldn't be successful with eSET, that was the recommendation. It's my understanding that this is considered a best practice by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, as well. I'm glad we went that way.
Akhil Shah
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

I think SRM knows what they’re doing. They run large numbers and it limits 1:1 time with your doctor and care team. The impression I get is that they just want to run you through their streamlined processes and they are not set up to deal with more interaction...Office visits with my doctor were great, however rare. The majority of contact I have had has been through SRM’s email portal via Dr. Cho’s nurse. Many times I called to speak with the nurse only to go straight to voicemail and then not receiving a call back. On top of that, I have felt like I’m just getting g pushed through a system and things are getting missed.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina (Tina))
Honestly I barely know her. I can never get a hold of her and am always being directed to the email portal. I’d prefer a nurse that was more engaged in my care and able to talk through things with me. Especially since I never get to talk to my doctor.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I really like Dr. Cho and trust her medical opinions, however I think it is hard to be treated by someone you only see once or twice for something this big. I would like to work more directly with her than be pushed off to the nursing staff.
If you want a personalized and hands on Dr. for your treatment the. I would go with someone else, but I do trust her medical opinions and she has very good people skills and always takes the time to explain everything.
Not applicable as I’m currently in the process. We are just about to start stim for a freeze all for PGS & PGD testing due to MFI from polycystic kidney disease.
Not applicable as we have full insurance coverage
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
Overall the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic is pretty relaxing, for as intimidating as this process can be. Whether you are new to going through all of it, or a long time member of this journey, everyone at the clinic is very supportive. The only drawback I have had, is I do have insurance that covers infertility and I have to always make sure that they are billed, not that we are surprised with a huge up front amount.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr.Houmard does everything possible to know you are cared for and she wants to see the best outcome possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Everyone in the staff is a thousand times more compassionate that I could ever ask for. We have had some bumps in the road, but any time we have ever needed an answer to something, we get a response very quick. Any time labs are completed, 4/5 times we get the results the same day. Stephanie is just the most amazing nurse on the face of the Earth!
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She has a very warm heart and you can tell that this was her calling in life. She is very up front and wants you to know everything that is going on. There hasn't been a time that I've came to her with a question or concern and she has not been able to address it in a timely manner, if not right then and there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You need to have an open mind and know that she has the best intentions when treating you.
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I do not ovulate on my own, so we used femera. The first portion of my cycle I didn't respond as well as we thought I would, so we did 5 more days of femera and my eggs successfully grew. I had a lot of nausea with the femera but nothing anti nausea meds didn't fix.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The initial evaluation is about $300.00 (covered by insurance), HSG procedure was approximately $700 (all but $100 was covered by insurance), IUI procedure is $375 (covered by insurance) and washing of sperm was $125 paid OOP.
Spokane Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Our nurse [at SRM] was on vacation several times and does not work Thursday’s. I can say the overall team of nurses are wonderful though. Our clinical trial nurse Laura was above and beyond amazing...The costs of the IUI were close to 800 per cycle...The clinical trial was free, and they will discount our next IVF due to the fact that we were not successful. (That was not a part of the study)...They are great at financial counseling, helping to coordinate appointments and being sensitive with billing (If we could not pay day of) our interactions with clinic staff were minimal, but all of the interactions we had were just fine.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is warm, and thoughtful and went above and beyond. She explains everything in detail and takes the time to get to know you and your concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our nurse was on vacation several times and does not work Thursday’s. I can say the overall team of nurses are wonderful though. Our clinical trial nurse Laura was above and beyond amazing.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy has always been gently and compassionate, but thorough in her explanations and delivery. I am a big question asker and she is always ready to answer and deliver news in a way that works for me. I’ve never felt like her approach is one size fits all, and I’ve always felt good leaving her office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Tell her what you need from her from the beginning, and that is what you will get.z
Describe the protocols Nancy Klein used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with Letrozole IUI and when 2 didn’t work, moved to menopur for 2 or 3 more. I over responded for one of those, was advised of the risk of multiples and we decided to proceed. We tried one more round this way and we’re not Successful. Nancy understood my financial contrraints and helped us qualify for a clinical trial at no cost. This was the RITA double blind trial. I did end up responding to the study, and used the antagonist ganirelix, but we only ended up with one out of 5 viable embryos. It arrested by day 5. We met with Nancy immediately after the failure and she explained what she had learned about how I responded and what she would like to do differently next time. She assures us that this trial would not be indicative of our next cycle and even said she wanted to consult with her colleagues to make sure they found a protocol better suited. We took a few months off, used Letrozole and timed intercourse and just had our 6th and final failed IUI. We weren’t ready to jump back into IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs of the IUI were close to 800 per cycle. Nancy was mindful of our budget and prescribed meds accordingly. The clinical trial was free, and they will discount our next IVF due to the fact that we were not successful. (That was not a part of the study)
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

I felt that they [staff at SRM] were listening to my concerns since I’ve had a child from a previous relationship and was concerned about hormone meds. They allowed us to do a natural iui as we requested and provided all the information and answers for the follow up medicated iui if needed...They [nurses] were efficient and informative. They asked for help when needed as to not affect patient care (I have small veins so it took 2 nurses to draw blood). I warmed them ahead of time of my veins and they were quick to get assistance when the first nurse couldn’t draw blood.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We are mostly pleased with the clinic, however their financial coordinators need to be more responsive. We attempted to reach them twice without any returned correspondence prior to a procedure. It makes it challenging to understand the costs of treatments when the financial department doesn’t get back to you.
She provided detailed information and resources based off our situation and explained the next steps thoroughly to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wang )
They were efficient and informative. They asked for help when needed as to not affect patient care (I have small veins so it took 2 nurses to draw blood). I warmed them ahead of time of my veins and they were quick to get assistance when the first nurse couldn’t draw blood.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
It would be nice to have a check in from the doctor besides hearing from our fertility coordinator (nurse) when we are initiating a new cycle. It was nice to see her doing one appointment for a procedure and she walked me through the entire process.
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she’ll provide resources
I felt that they were listening to my concerns since I’ve had a child from a previous relationship and was concerned about hormone meds. They allowed us to do a natural iui as we requested and provided all the information and answers for the follow up medicated iui if needed. Dr Klein and her team were quick to answer emailed questions for confirmation.
Communication with the clinic directly regarding estimated costs were not reliable. However, our insurance was able to cover most of our fertility treatments.
Describe Nancy Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
This clinic [Seattle Reproductive Med] is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care....The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is so awesome! It’s so cool to see how they are all integrated. As patients we have a financial counselor, behavioral health counselor, nurse practitioner and nurse at our disposal. When we established we got to meet everyone and learned our they impact our care.
Dr. Houmard wanted to know my husband and I as people before she looked at our diagnosis’s. She went over every aspect of our charts and made notes as she talked with us. It was so refreshing that she didn’t just look at our problem list and assume she knew us based on that. I left with visit feeling so informed and hopefully for the first time in a very long time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Our nurse Stephanie is absolutely wonderful! She answers whatever questions we have in detail, with compassion and promptly. She is so good to us.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very intelligent, knowledgeable and kind. She never assumed anything about us or what we might already know. She spoke to us as people. She explained everything in great detail and was able to decipher medical terminology for us.
Be open and honest. You are a person to her, not just a person struggling to have a child
The cost is substantial obviously when your dealing with infertility but our financial counselor went over all our options including what our insurance covered and different payment options. Best of all we have a great handout as to what everything would cost us and he went over it in great detail. It’s very overwhelming but having all these tools at our fingertips was definitely helpful
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Houmard was very honest about our options. She let us know the risks to the babies and myself. She left it completely up to us. We felt very informed and comfortable making a safest decision for our family

3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM has several clinics within the city. As a patient I had the opportunity to schedule my appointments in Seattle, Kirkland or Bellevue office! In addition, the Seattle office is open during the weekend with free parking! As long as you know where to park on the weekend (across the street) it was easy going to appointments on the weekends. The clinic is open 365 days a year and the phone team is also opened during business hours. If you are not the type of person who likes to call you can also use the portal to schedule appointments, message your doctor/nurse/team and see your labs! The only down side is the financial part as it appears there is a high turn over for the financial assistant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin cares for his patients and goes above and beyond to help each of his patients. He is compassionate, understanding and caring. For example, during one of my treatments during IUI I ended up suffering from severe abdominal pain (I couldn't walk due to the pain) I called the clinic as I wasn't sure if this was a reason of the IUI. The clinic saw me immediately and during an ultrasound it was noted I suffered from an ectopic and was internally bleeding. The nurse called Dr. Lin who was practicing at his other clinic and instructed me to meet him at the closest hospital to start emergency surgery. Within an hour Dr. Lin showed up to the hospital and took care of me. Now what doctor would stop in the middle of his day to have emergency surgery? Usually doctors will instruct their patients to go to a hospital and will have the on call doctor prepare and conduct surgery. Now that is what I called being treated as a human! He is amazing and I will forever be grateful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Jenna (Dr. Lin's nurse for one of his clinics) is organized, caring, compassionate, understanding and honest. She is always contacting me via portal to check in on me during all stages of treatment. Anytime I would have appointments she was there to answer any and all my questions. If I called the clinic asking to speak with her she would always call back the same day! I know the clinic is busy with tons of patients but she deserves a gold STAR for always being there for me and her patients
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin is straight forward! Some patients may not like this process during fertility treatment; however, as a fertility patients for several years your doctor should be straightforward. Anytime during a failed treatment he would reach out via message to check in on me, which I appreciated. He even will message on the weekend (assuming) you have labs or outcome results on a Friday! As I previously mentioned Dr. Lin goes above and beyond for his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you are looking for a doctor who is caring, compassionate, understanding, smart, well diverse in both medically and surgically, straightforward and will get you knocked up Dr. Lin is the doctor to see. I choose Dr. Lin as my first treatment was to undergo a myomectomy prior to fertility treatment. Not only is Dr. Lin a fertility specialist but he is also surgeon. It was nice to know Dr. Lin treated me for all my surgeries to include emergency surgery and fertility treatment.
Describe the protocols Paul Lin used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Initially, I started with regular IUI treatments until my ectopic pregnancy which resulted in removal of my left tube. I took a few months break to transfer into IVF. During my first round of IVF I took Menopur and Gonal F. Second round of IVF I was prescribed a hormone medication (can't remember the name of the vial) but the price was $. During this treatment I also took Menopur and Gonal F. Due to my diminish ovarian reserve my second round was canceled due to poor response. My third round of IVF, we transferred into a mini stim IVF cycle instead of regular IVF, which used menorpur and gonal f but a lower dosage. I ended up having a miscarriage due to this cycle (again due to my DOR). Throughout my treatment it was noted the best option for me was to switch to donor eggs which only included Estrace and Endometrium!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance does not cover one penny at all. Therefore, everything was out of pocket via credit cards! Treatment includes several IUI, IVFs and now donor eggs. Currently I'm looking at a little over 90,000
Describe Paul Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Lin will choose the best decision with single or multiple depending on the patients history. In my case, since I had tubal removal along with myomectomy for my safety it was best to only transfer one.
Paul Lin
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

I have been extremely happy with the clinic [SRM]! The one and only thing I wish was different was the hours they have available for monitoring. For most people with jobs it’s sometimes tricky to get an early appointment. They open at 8am and most 8am appointments are full. Maybe having hours for monitoring start at 7am would be more helpful. ... I cannot say enough great things about her [nurse] and the entire team that dealt with our treatment.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have been extremely happy with the clinic! The one and only thing I wish was different was the hours they have available for monitoring. For most people with jobs it’s sometimes tricky to get an early appointment. They open at 8am and most 8am appointments are full. Maybe having hours for monitoring start at 7am would be more helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Mazur is amazing! He’s honest and forthcoming with information. He is the second fertility doctor I’ve seen and wish I would of had him earlier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza)
My nurse Anna is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and caring. She makes sure I understand everything with our treatment. She is very positive and honest! I cannot say enough great things about her and the entire team that dealt with our treatment.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is the best fertility doctor I’ve ever seen. He takes time to listen and explain everything. He shows compassion and excellent care towards me and my husband. He was great at explaining treatment and the steps involved with our treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I always felt like I was his only patient because he listened and cared about us and our treatment. I never felt rushed when meeting with him and We always left with a great explanation and understanding of what to expect.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The original treatment and medication was what we expencedted it to be. My body reaponded great to medication and the menopur only had to be lowered one time during stimulation. We triggered with Lupron to help eliminated the chance of OHSS.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have insurance that covers IVF so our costs were minimal.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We collectively decided that when we do our transfer we will only use one embryo. The quality of of embryos and the results from PGS testing helped make this decision.
Erik Mazur
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Front desk [SRM] wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. ... Everyone from the nurses, to the phlebotomist, to the financial counselor was absolutely wonderful. I felt at home in this clinic. Like a person and not a number. ... Not only did Dr. Houmard’s staff go above and beyond, but she took the time to really explain things to us to help us understand what they could find was wrong or going on with me.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Front desk wasn’t as friendly as the rest of the staff. She wasn’t terrible by any means. But her demeanor didn’t seem the friendliest. Maybe needs some time to warm up to patients? But as front desk, they are the face of the company. They should be warm and friendly when you first arrive. Won’t stop me from going though!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie, Alli, Summer (there have been so many) )
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Same as before, Brenda really took the time to explain things to us. She found it frustrating that they didn’t have a straight answer for me as to why I could get pregnant but not carry. She even went as far as drawing pictures to help us understand.
Make sure you have all of your questions ready and don’t be afraid to give her a heads up or write a little letter explaining yourself. I went from seeing a doctor who acted like I was just a product on a conveyor belt to someone who truly seemed to care about our situation.
All of our previously medicated cycles were with our first RE. So far we have planned IVF with Dr. Houmard twice. The first Time was cancelled because we were able to conceive naturally however lost that 4th pregnancy early like all the rest. We are set for meds to start the beginning of March and retrieval at the end of March.
Cost with all appointments at Brenda’s office was quoted a base price of $18,500. If my monitoring appointments were done in my home town in a Montana, our cost went down to around $12,500 with her office.
Spokane Valley

It's a very busy clinic [SRM] which has advantages and disadvantages. I love that they're open on the weekends so I can go in whenever my body is ready for the next test or procedure and they've always been able to get me an appointment for the day I need (even when calling the day before or sometimes same day). ... That being said, I've been impressed by almost everyone that I've interacted with (including their financial advisers etc.).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It's a very busy clinic which has advantages and disadvantages. I love that they're open on the weekends so I can go in whenever my body is ready for the next test or procedure and they've always been able to get me an appointment for the day I need (even when calling the day before or sometimes same day). I think having to deal with a lot of different staff would be a drawback. That being said, I've been impressed by almost everyone that I've interacted with (including their financial advisers etc.). I love the location of the Seattle Clinic- there's a beautiful view of the city and the water and they provide tea so you can relax and enjoy the view before appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
It's a busy clinic but I feel like Dr. Criniti has always been able to make time for me when I need her. During phone conversations she never makes it seem like she's in a hurry or wants to rush my questions or the conversation. I always feel fully listened to, have my questions answered and I feel more calm after our phone conversations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
Jenna is very kind and helpful. I think the only thing that is frustrating for me as I'm such a detail oriented person is that she is not always very thorough when answering my messages. If I send a message with three questions, they likely won't all get answered or won't get answered as thoroughly as I like so I often have to re-ask the questions. I know she works with a lot of clients at a busy clinic though. When I've been able to talk with Jenna or another nurse on the phone, I've had a better experience.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Criniti put us at ease from the first consultation. She gave us lots of good information and always patiently and non-judgmentally answers my questions (and I have sooo many!). There have been two moments during the journey that I've felt really upset, stuck and not sure what to do next and both times she called me back the same day even though her nurses said she wouldn't be free for a few days! She makes me feel really listened to, cared about and she validates our hard experiences and decisions. The only downside is she works for a busy clinic and many of our interactions have been with nurses or other providers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you are looking for someone that will compassionately listen to your concerns and fears and who is willing to collaborate with you during this difficult journey then Dr. Criniti is a great choice. I would recommend advocating for phone calls or in person visits on a regular basis to have conversations with her directly when messaging with nurses doesn't answer all of your questions.
Describe the protocols Amy Criniti used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
So far I've been on a very typical treatment progression of using letrozole and then letrozole plus IUI. I've asked her about getting more aggressive with the next IUI (adding a trigger shot, injectibles etc.) and she thoroughly explained the pros and cons of each of those additional treatments and why they might not make sense in my particular case but ultimately she leaves the decision up to me which feels empowering. She did acknowledge changing something up after a failed cycle can feel important to a lot of patients and even if trigger shots don't lead to an increased pregnancy rate for IUIs (for someone who consistently has good results with OPK strips), she seemed very open to me trying a trigger shot during the next IUI cycle if I want to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The initial consultation was around $300 (I think). Pelvic ultrasounds are: $175, IUIs are $650, HSG was $800.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is nice and comfortable, and all the staff are friendly anytime I come in. They always inform me about my account and I’m in and out in a timely manner. As a new patient they will have a lot of paperwork for you to fill out but they have everything available for you and are helpful with answering questions.... Our costs were less expensive than some of the online averages.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice and comfortable, and all the staff are friendly anytime I come in. They always inform me about my account and I’m in and out in a timely manner. As a new patient they will have a lot of paperwork for you to fill out but they have everything available for you and are helpful with answering questions.
Dr. Criniti has been very to the point as far as telling us exactly what we needed to do to get pregnant, but still took the time to be personal, friendly, and asking about our personal lives outside of infertility.
We absolutely love Jenna! She is very genuine, friendly, and prompt with answering all our questions and helping us with scheduling.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I enjoy that Dr. Criniti is very fact based, the only thing I would criticize is that I already knew about most of the treatments she discussed and issues with my diagnosis because I had researched a lot beforehand. But that’s just me personally, going in I already knew what I wanted so she was on the same page, but I don’t think I learned any new information.
She’s very friendly and knowledgeable about PCOS and what medicines work for it, but if you’re someone whose had infertility for a while and has researched a lot about it, she isn’t going to give any “groundbreaking” information.
She started us in letrozole, and gave us reasons why it could be more affective for PCOS versus Clomid, taking 5mg days 3-7 of the cycle, with follicle scans on day 13. My first cycle I had 1 dominant follicle, the next cycle I had 1, and the third I had 2 but also had an ovarian cyst.
Our costs were less expensive than some of the online averages.
Describe Amy Criniti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
None so far

1 IUI, IVF
I highly recommend the clinic [SRM], I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day. ... Dollie is the nurse who I work with, she is very knowledgeable, always available when called, and if you leave a message she calls back immediately. She’s been so helpful through the whole process.
1 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I highly recommend the clinic, I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie, sat down with me and my husband, asked us our story, showed empathy, gentle in the way he spoke, drew pictures and wrote notes for us to take home. Before my first appt, his flight got canceled the day before and we had to change our appt time, he called me personally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dollie)
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the area. He was very intentional about our comfort level, our desires, and how aggressive we would like to take treatment, so he could make the best recommendation for where we were at in life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you are looking at Dr. Letterie for treatment, I would ask him as many questions, be honest with where you are at because he will use that information to guide the conversations and all your options. Grab copies of the notes you take together because him pictures and bullet points are helpful to look over when you aren’t so overwhelmed with the information.
Describe the protocols Gerard Letterie used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. We first met for an initial consultation at his Tri-Cities office and then we did a follow up appt the next month (he comes for two days, once a month). On the second visit, he went through treatment strategies and expectations for what is next steps including when we’d expect to have to go to Seattle. The treatment plan chosen for us was a low dose of gonal and metapur, and then when retrieval takes place, expect that my uterus will be hyperstimulate and the eggs will most likely need to be foxes and I’ll have to come back in for insementation. He connected me with his nurse, who answers all my questions and supports along the way. Currently, we are in the middle of our 1st cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The visits with Dr. letterie were covered by my insurance, the medication and procedure were not covered. They gave me a cost estimate was updated. Medication $3,100 Treatment $10,875
Describe Gerard Letterie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Letterie only does eSET, he believes this is the most ethical way with our technology and what studies show. He will not do multiple embryo transfer.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

When we had our consultation each staff member [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic... Genetic testing for carrier status was $350 ( mine was negative so we didn’t need to test my husband. Consultation was about $250. HSG was $850. Semen anaylsis was $125. HCG trigger shot was $70. Clomid was $20. Follicle scan was $300. And the IUI with sperm washing is $650
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we had our consultation each staff member took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic
She talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Steph)
She was very welcoming when we met with her. She was prompt when responding to portal messages and gave me option when I was having a hard time getting records to her.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She made a diagram of the reasons a couple could have trouble getting pregnant and crossed out categories based on our medical history. It gave us a clearer picture to move forward with treatment. I never felt pressured to choose one type of treatment versus another.
Ask questions. She did a great job explaining our options
I am still currently in my first IUI cycle. We started with clomid 100mg days 3-7. We did a follicle scan on day 12 and I had one follicle on each ovary. One measured 12mm and the other 9mm. I have to go back in on cycle day 16 for another US because the want at least only follicle greater than 20mm to do the trigger shot. Still waiting to get my second US.

2017 - 2019
The clinic [SRM] is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. ... It’s very expensive. ... The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. ... They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. Probably just due to the fact that each person is on their own journey and it’s just a weird place to be. They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
I’ve been struggling with painful heavy periods and was recently diagnosed with severe anemia caused by adenomyosis. He said he did not wish this condition on his worst enemy. I felt validated, like my symptoms were not in my head. We are moving forward with IVF and he even passed my name on for an IVF study to hopefully be a part of. I felt that I was listened to and my concerns were valued.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I have had to email Lindsay several times to get my medical records organized. She responded to each of my emails incredibly promptly.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. He answers all of our questions and even draws simple diagrams to explain how different procedures work with my body. He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic. I trust his ability as a fertility specialist at Seattle Reproductive medicine. He is also timely and rarely is late for an appointment. I like having our conversations in his office rather than a sterile procedure room.
Be prepared for honesty. But in a compassionate way.
Started with letrazole on day three and took until day five. Went in for ultrasound. Follicles looked good each time. Returned the next day for insemination. Did this protocol three times. All Three rounds I did a trigger shot. I think gonal f. All looked good on paper, it just didn’t take. We were prepared for that to happen.
It’s very expensive. We have had to put our IVF on hold to try to figure out how to pay for it. Some procedures were covered by insurance.
Since we are about to start IVF Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Our primary nurse coordinator [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was Jenna and she was very available by patient messaging and occasionally we would talk on the phone. She was quick to respond to any questions and if she was unavailable, other nurses in the clinic would followup. Weekends were tough because the staffing is limited and sometimes it would take multiple phone calls to the operator to get an answer...IUI and IVF cycles were out of pocket, payment up front prior to the initiation of the cycle. All inclusive of lab, US and any anesthesia/surgical costs. Multicycle discount provided for additional IVF cycles (10%). Did not participate in Attain or any other multi-cycle program, though this was offered.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
High volume clinic with a great embryology program and many options for patients with a variety of issues. Multiple providers and locations make scheduling easy and provide options for convenience. Because of the high volumes, you must be your own advocate and be persistent. You can feel like a number, but that does not mean that the care providers are not caring and compassionate, but if your primary doctor or nurse are not responding, you may be dealing with a partner and they will obviously be less familiar. Be patient and persistent, if you have questions, speak up.
Dr. Davis would reach out when there were unexpected results and her nurse coordinator Jenna, would keep in regular contact and consult with Dr. Davis as needed throughout our treatment cycles
Our primary nurse coordinator was Jenna and she was very available by patient messaging and occasionally we would talk on the phone. She was quick to respond to any questions and if she was unavailable, other nurses in the clinic would followup. Weekends were tough because the staffing is limited and sometimes it would take multiple phone calls to the operator to get an answer.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very knowledgeable and provides honest and positive feedback with our treatment, which spanned over several years. She was very respectful of our opinions about our treatment options and what we felt comfortable with. She provided us ample information to make informed decisions as well as statistical information about our success rates, depending on what option we pursued, which was helpful.
write your questions down and do some of your own research to have informative discussions.
-letrozole initially with timed intercourse -letrozole with IUI -combination of menopur 75 IU and Gonal F 450 IU, cetrotide antagonist started on day 5 in the 2nd half of stimulation with lupron trigger for IVF #1&2, I have moderately diminished ovarian reserve with my AMH at low normal for my age -Menopur 150 IU and gonal f 375 IU with cetrotide antagonist with HCG trigger on cycle #3, egg retrieval done at hour 35 instead of 36 due to early ovulation on cycle #2 Don't have much information of drug dosing strategy, but the antagonist protocol was what we did with different dosing on each cycle. No significant change in my stimulation response to this between cycles. I had poor quality eggs with each cycle and had an unexpected early ovulation in cycle #2, so they were only able to retrieve 2 eggs with that cycle because of the early ovulation.
IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
Scheduling [at SRM] is great. Phlebotomists are hit or miss...When you request to see your nurse or a financial coordinator, they are always available, but you do need to request to see them after your appointment, it's not built in to every visit...She [nurse] had sufficient knowledge about IUI/IVF cycles, but deferred to the doctors when she was unsure. Most of the time, I reached out to her to initiate contact. She did not seem to understand the urgency or level of monitoring required with my care, with comments such as, "if we miss it, we'll just try again" which lack empathy for a patient's willingness to subject themselves to more drugs, expenses, and more time to conception. Unfortunately, her judgment is what led to the clinic missing my ovulation, and rather than an apology, I got a "we'll just try again next time". Following that failed IUI I requested a new nurse who seemed much more competent and aligned with my expectations of detailed treatment plans, next steps, and consistent communication.
IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Scheduling is great. Phlebotomists are hit or miss. My first blood draw took 3 MA's and 4 attempts. My next blood draws were by a different MA, and she got it on the first time everytime. When you request to see your nurse or a financial coordinator, they are always available, but you do need to request to see them after your appointment, it's not built in to every visit.
Dr. Dudley took the time to understand my wishes, my family history, and the factors that led me to his care. I felt that we were on the same page about the urgency and approach of my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had two nurses. My first nurse seemed flighty, but I didn't want to judge her for that. She had sufficient knowledge about IUI/IVF cycles, but deferred to the doctors when she was unsure. Most of the time, I reached out to her to initiate contact. She did not seem to understand the urgency or level of monitoring required with my care, with comments such as, "if we miss it, we'll just try again" which lack empathy for a patient's willingness to subject themselves to more drugs, expenses, and more time to conception. Unfortunately, her judgment is what led to the clinic missing my ovulation, and rather than an apology, I got a "we'll just try again next time". Following that failed IUI I requested a new nurse who seemed much more competent and aligned with my expectations of detailed treatment plans, next steps, and consistent communication.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is competent, caring, and realistic about his patient care. He gave me all of the facts and details that I wanted, and ensured that I understood all of my options and their associated success rates. He is cognizant of the fact that patients are going to spend a significant amount of money on their treatment, and so he recommends a treatment plan that he believes will work for you, and will also fall within your expected expenditures. As SRM's medical director, it's clear that he has clinical experience with all types of cases, and tailors his approach accordingly. I was confident in his care and never doubted that his recommended treatment plans were in my best interest.
Come with your questions, and Dr. Dudley will be able to address them to whatever level of detail you're comfortable with.
I took 5 days of letrozole and 2 doses of menopur in preparation for an IUI. I also had an HSG. My IVF plan included a hysteroscopy and a hybrid IVF cycle, but I ended up conceiving naturally in a failed IUI cycle.

2013 - 2019
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] a big clinic, so it was easy to feel like a number, but the doctors took their time and the nurses were really helpful, making me feel more like a cherished part of the team...Our nurse was top notch. She was an excellent communicator, gave prompt and empathetic responses to messages...They offer beverages while you wait and are fairly comfortable. There are several to choose from, with was beneficial. Scheduling could be frustrating, as appointment times fill up quickly. I found that I needed to bend my schedule around their availability (taking time off work, etc) because it was just too frustrating to try to make it work with the limited availablity. It’s nice that weekends were an option at the Seattle clinic. Scheduling, phlebotomist, and support staff at all the clinics were really great.
2013 - 2019
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The Srm clinics are clean and professional. They offer beverages while you wait and are fairly comfortable. There are several to choose from, with was beneficial. Scheduling could be frustrating, as appointment times fill up quickly. I found that I needed to bend my schedule around their availability (taking time off work, etc) because it was just too frustrating to try to make it work with the limited availablity. It’s nice that weekends were an option at the Seattle clinic. Scheduling, phlebotomist, and support staff at all the clinics were really great.
It’s a big clinic, so it was easy to feel like a number, but the doctors took their time and the nurses were really helpful, making me feel more like a cherished part of the team.
Our nurse was top notch. She was an excellent communicator, gave prompt and empathetic responses to messages, and was a great intermediary between us and Dr. Thayer. Two thumbs up!
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I really appreciate that Dr. Thayer isn’t pushy and allowed me to go at my own pace of treatment. She had good ideas and was careful to explain things in a way that the layman could understand. At times she was hard to get ahold of and it was rare that she was my actual treating physician. (It’s a very large clinic and they rotate clinical duties.) We mainly talked during follow up appointments and discussed next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. She is kind and compassionate, though with so many patients I’m not sure she recognized me for the first few months. Overall she’s a great doctor and I’ve been told by other, non affiliated healthcare professionals that she’s the best in the business.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Also, if you decide to do ivf, ask up front if they plan to do ICSI for your treatment plan. That was a surprise for us.
Ivf is really expensive, I’m not sure the exact number but it was definitely over $10,000 to start, then $3500 for each frozen embryo transfer cycle. Medication was separate, which would vary between $150-$4500, depending on needs. Additional screenings and tests were also out of pocket, usually between $500-$800 dollars a pop. It takes a lot of saving and years of patience to undergo ivf. It’s especially frustrating when you spend all that money and you still get negative results.
Describe Angela Thyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
At first the plan was always to transfer 1 embryo at a time, but this last time we elected to transfer 2, and that was our first positive beta. Dr. Thayer was typically conservative and tried to stear clear of multiples, for their and my health, but after 3 failed transfers, she left the decision up to us, which we appreciated.
Bellevue

The Seattle clinic is VERY busy. My experience with the front desk was lacking..they were rushed and there were always a lot of people in the waiting area. The nurse that I worked with, Rebecca, was great at communicating. The doctor, Dr. Klein, was nice but I rarely saw her. You’re not scheduled with your chosen doctor consistently; at any point you could have a different doctor working with you whom you may have never met before. It’s very offputting and stressful, especially if you don’t see eye to eye with the new one.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is too busy. Too many people scheduled at the same time a lot and at one point, I spent nearly an hour waiting. The front desk was cold for the most part. I was charged twice for a few procedures. Their billing department is located in another state and that was also a mess. I didn’t care for this clinic o their approach to such a sensitive, personal area of health. The experience very was lacking in major ways and the location was a turn off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
The nursing staff was very busy. My personal nurse was great at communicating through email. You could also reach her over phone if you wanted to leave a vm. The nurse did have a differing option of my progress during stims; that difference of opinion between her and the doctor was very big and ultimately led to confusion and a cancelled cycle.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy Klein was very personable upon first meeting her. I liked her and thought that her recommendation for mini IVF was great. The problem was that I didn’t see her after that, not talk to her about the treatment. She wasn’t available during the monitoring stages and was away on a trip when I was informed that the IVF would need to be switched to an IUI. This was incredibly upsetting, stressful and left me feeling very abandoned (first time ever doing god type of treatment). I liked her but the way SRM operates was not for me.
You won’t be working directly with her so make sure you like SRM as a whole.
I was on a “mini IVF” treatment plan. They have a certain number of follicles that they require to be growing in order to move forward. This wasn’t explained in detail to me and my cycle was cancelled. I had 3 various injectables, all low dose, and a trigger. Progesterone tablets to follow converted IUI.
Mini IVF was about $10,500 and meds were around $800+
Seattle

My appointments have always been on time [at Seattle Reproductive Med-Kirkland]. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My appointments have always been on time. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. She answered any questions we had and gave us reassurance that she will do whatever she can to help us achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
My Nurse Tina is a great communicator. She is the one I talk to most of the time.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I left our first time meeting feeling good. Nervous but happy to have been able to see a doctor who listened to us and explained things. Just wish I would hear more from her when I would email the clinic or at least see her. I haven’t seen her since the initial consultation.
Write down any questions you have and ask them when you meet with her for the first time. I wish I had done so. I had so many questions I wasn’t able to ask because I didnt think of them at the time.
I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I would not end up producing follicles but would have cysts instead. The protocol was then changed to a higher dosage of letrozole and added dexamethasone. The cysts went away and started producing follicles. Tracked ovulation using OPKs and timed intercourse. Did one cycle with ovidrel. Ended with a negative pregnancy test but now I am getting my periods on my own like clockwork.
Insurance has covered a good portion. Have had to pay out of pocket for whatever insurance hasn’t covered. I would say we have spent about maybe less than $1,000 within the year including any prescriptions.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Seattle Repro Med] Very warm and approachable. All speak to patients like friends. Remember patients by name. Thank them for their time. Explain insurance and cost well. Great at communication and apologized many times for running late due to traffic when it was out of their control. Beautiful clinic. Felt right at home...[RN's] All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations. Not pushy at all. Very thoroughly described my options.
All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend. I came in on a day where the traffic was terrible and everyone was running behind. They communicated well and even gave me a Starbucks gift card because I had to wait a little longer due to traffic.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very thorough. Explained all of my options, causes and treatment processes, as well as risks. Always treated like a human and a friend, not a number. She went over my HSG tests thoroughly and explained every picture and diagram, as well as what it should look like and the possibility of why I have blocked tubes. She was in depth about what could go wrong and how long the process would be if I chose surgery. She was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF even though she knows it may be my only option if my tubes cannot be unblocked. She reassured me that the doctor who may be performing my surgery is exceptionally good at what he does and would choose him in a heartbeat to do her own. A very warm and thorough doctor. Extremely compassionate and relatable.
She is amazing. You will feel like you are in the company of a close friend. She answers every question or concern you may have and never rushes you. She is excellent!
We performed an HSG which determined that I have bilateral tubes blockage. All of my hormone levels had come back normal, including prolactin. I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
Insurance covered my first visit with a copay as well as diagnostic procedures. IVF and any other treatment is not covered. The cost for IVF is roughly 15000 dollars with and additional 2 to 5 thousand for prescriptions

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
It's a very nice clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine], and you feel like most of the staff really knows what they're doing. 90% of the staff are extremely friendly. The only thing that could use improvement would be that some of the MA's are not totally professional. ... Even though all procedures are done according to the clinic's schedule, with no flexibility, at every step there was good, ongoing communication with the doctors and nurses.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It's a very nice clinic, and you feel like most of the staff really knows what they're doing. 90% of the staff are extremely friendly. The only thing that could use improvement would be that some of the MA's are not totally professional. Some of the questions they asked in small talk seemed a little insensitive to be asking someone going through fertility treatments. Like asking me if I have kids. The only other negative is that you have to pay for parking every time you visit.
Even though all procedures are done according to the clinic's schedule, with no flexibility, at every step there was good, ongoing communication with the doctors and nurses. Every time I was in the clinic, everyone was warm and positive. So overall, I did not feel like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
Overall, a great experience. The nurses were always very responsive to any messaged I sent through the patient portal. Sometimes by primary nurse was not available, but the other nurses were just fine. Hailey always took the time to answer my questions thoroughly and her attitude was always positive.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein was very caring and compassionate about our situation, in addition to being very knowledgeable and experienced. She answered all our questions patiently and provided explanations in language we could understand. When parts of my cycle weren't going according to plan, she reached out personally by phone to check in and reassure me. It's obvious that she's a very busy doctor, but she never made us feel rushed or like we were a bother. I felt like she really took the time to understand me and my medical history before each step of the process.
Appointments are short, so come prepared with questions, and don't be shy about asking them.
I don't remember exactly, but she thoroughly explained why she had chosen the protocol that she did.
Consistent with the national average. We compared costs with the other major clinic in the city, and they were almost identical.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The clinic [SRM] and surroundings are clean and modern. The clinic is located on a waterfront, across the street from a park along the lake. However, traffic and parking in that vicinity of Seattle is bad especially during traffic time....I am an out-of-state patient with Dr. Klein....Beth was very responsive through the patient portal messaging system. She has also been good about calling back or a colleague will call back by the end of the day....
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic and surroundings are clean and modern. The clinic is located on a waterfront, across the street from a park along the lake. However, traffic and parking in that vicinity of Seattle is bad especially during traffic time.
Dr Klein is very warm and takes the time to answer questions. She is very encouraging and went out of her way to do my FET on a day she had a conflicting office visit appointment with another patient and the transfer would have normally been completed by her colleague.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I am an out-of-state patient with Dr. Klein. She went out of her way to perform my transfer when she could have had her regularly scheduled colleague complete it. She had a conflicting appointment that day but I was very happy to meet her for the first time at my first visit (also my transfer day) at Seattle Reproductive Medicine-Seattle.
I would simply advise that she is warm and informative as I expect an RE to be. She was recommended to me by the people at Embryo Adoptions of Cedar Park.
I've had two frozen embryo transfers with hormone replacement therapy with Dr. Klein. Baseline US, then 2mg of Estrace TID. Bloodwork for estradiol and progesterone and US to evaluate endometrial lining before starting vaginal progesterone BID and daily IM Progesterone. Embryo transfer 5 days later. All my US and bloodwork resulted within desired limits.
$2660 for out of state patient FET. Monitoring was done remotely in CA. A one time $500 Embryo adoption coordination fee.
She initially recommended eSET for these first 2 transfers because the embryo quality was great and the eggs came from a 28 year old egg donor. However, DR Klein said she will probably recommend an ERA and/or start transferring 2 embryos with the next (3rd) transfer.
Seattle

They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care....The staff at SRM is really really great. They communicate well with me but also with each other. They are quick to respond and that was important to me. They explain options and protocols very well. They make this process a bit easier.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM in Spokane is the best option in the inland northwest. I started my treatment at a different clinic in town and it was a bad experience. When coming to SRM the difference was clear. They were professional, timely, caring, and overall great communicators. Changing to SRM was the best decision we've made in our IVF journey. It was more expensive but honestly it is worth it to know they are working promptly and trading great care of my and my embryos. I'm not just a walking dollar sign at SRM. They truly care.
They don't over book. Every time I'm there the attention is on me. The staff and Dr. Houmard are kind, attentive, quick to respond, and skilled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alli and Summer )
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I appreciate her big smile. Honestly her energy is important to me and she has a caring presence. Even when she has had to share "bad news" she has done so in a honest but sensitive way. She is informative. My only concern or upset is that she only presented positive information about PGS testing not the drawbacks or conflicting research. I wish we had not done PGS testing as a part of our treatment plan.
Nothing to share. She's awesome.
I took bcp to start, then after suppression I started with 325 iu if follistim, 1 menopur powder and eventually added ganarelix/centrotide. I stimmed for 9 days, triggered with Lupron cd10, and retrieved on cd12. We retrieved 8 eggs. 6 were mature. All fertilized with icsI and 5 became blastocysts. We had great results with embryology. Very pleased.
Egg retrieval with icsi including monitoring was $13,715 We paid $3500 for each FET
She preferred to transfer one embryo at a time which is also or preference.

2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I did have one miscommunication about a day the clinic was able to perform a test. ... An average iui cost was around 400-600... depending on meds type it could be more. ... They're open on weekends if it's needed ... The staff is great and there are multiple people with areas of expertise... for different treatment options, etc. they appear to be more expensive than competing clinics in the area. They have a please don't bring children in here sign.. but don't enforce that rule.
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They're open on weekends if it's needed and have multiple locations which really help. The staff is great and there are multiple people with areas of expertise... for different treatment options, etc. they appear to be more expensive than competing clinics in the area. They have a please don't bring children in here sign.. but don't enforce that rule. This could make somebody feel pretty awful. I don't have a lot of bad to say about SRM. While I have not been lucky enough to conceive as if yet... I have had a good experience here.
Dr. Klein was always very caring and made us feel as if we matter, and as if our choices matter. We appreciated that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Nicholas )
Lindsay was fantastic. There was another nurse who was honestly awful but I can't recall her name. I actually requested Lindsay be my primary nurse after my other interaction. Everyone else. Like the other murder and ultrasound techs were AMAZING.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein was compassionate and kind. She didn't force donor eggs on me right away even with my less than stellar test results and gave me hope while also being realistic every step of the way. We felt that she was genuine and that as patients we mattered.
go with your gut and make sure you are comfortable with any doctor you see. Just like test driving a car, anyone can make a recommendation but you'll know when the right doctor comes along. Do your research, read reviews. And get consultations.
We tried multiple iris with different meds... clomid and femara. She felt with a POF diagnosis iui may be my best attempt to save money since my chance of producing eggs was low. We then tried multiple iui with injections like menopur and gonal f. we tried starting anywhere from cycle day 1-5. Many attempts were made at my request before we agreed deivf was our best option.
Seattle

Overall, Seattle Reproductive Medicine Tacoma is the most challenging fertility clinic I have worked with. They don’t have convenient appointment times for working women (the earliest morning appointment isn’t until 8:30am), they are quite expensive compared to other fertility clinics in the area and their “IVF packages” come with a lot of extra hidden fees they don’t tell you about until the end when you receive a bill, and I only get to see or talk to my assigned doctor and nurse minimally.
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Mazur is great at balancing being honest with me as a patient, while also being gentle and caring in his choice of words. He also always remains confident and optimistic along this tough and disappointing journey.
My nurse, Anna, is awesome! She is compassionate and always willing to help with any questions I have. However, she is only in the office 3 day’s a week, which means I usually end up talking to other nurses instead of her, which makes communication a bit difficult.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is kind, gentle, and always remains positive and hopeful and has encouraged my husband and I to remain positive in our journey. Although our first round of IVF was cancelled due to poor response, which neither Dr. Mazur or myself expected (honestly, it wasn’t even thought of as a possibility we talked about), he quickly made a new plan with changes to the dosages of medication. He is also great at taking time to fully explain any risks or concerns involved throughout the process and always makes sure to plan ahead for any potential risks that may come up. Though we haven’t achieved pregnancy yet, I have enjoyed working with Dr. Mazur and highly recommend him.
Feel free to be open and honest with him about your thoughts, questions, and feelings. He is a great support system.
After two failed IUIs at a different fertility clinic, I came to Dr. Mazur ready to do my first round of IVF. Since I have PCOS and a high AMH, Dr. Mazur made a plan to start with a low dose of Gonal F and Menopur since my risk of OHSS was high. Unfortunately, not all of our surprise, my body didn’t respond after 13 days of stims and so he made the choice to cancel my IVF cycle before we even made it to egg retrieval. He then made a plan to try a more aggressive rounds of IVF meds, but my husband and I were unable to afford another round, so he allowed us to try Letrozole for two cycles with timed intercourse. My body failed to respond to those as well. Now, Dr. Mazur is having us try an IUI using Menopur injectables. He is always willing to help us save money when other possible options are available.
Our single IVF package was $11,600, plus medications which were $4,800.
Erik Mazur
Tacoma

I like the different clinic locations [at Seattle Reproductive Med]...helps to be able to pick a location based on our schedule, traffic, etc. Ambiance is welcoming, particularly at the Bellevue office. I do not like that they don't validate parking at the Seattle office. Have to pay $10 every time. I have never felt pressured about money or bills.... Lindsey is WONDERFUL. Answers all my questions and coordinated a quick turnaround for getting my meds shipped correctly and in a timely manner. She has also consulted with Dr. Thyer if need be.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I like the different clinic locations...helps to be able to pick a location based on our schedule, traffic, etc. Ambiance is welcoming, particularly at the Bellevue office. I do not like that they don't validate parking at the Seattle office. Have to pay $10 every time. I have never felt pressured about money or bills.
After a highly traumatic experience with a previous clinic 2 yrs prior, we were referred to Dr. Thyer. We just started FSH shots and are hoping to do at least 2 IUI procedures. She has expressed the reality of the situation (in terms of success rates at our age and w/ our situation) but has given us hope that it IS possible, where I previously we were told IVF was the only option. She was very matter of fact that IUI would be her first option for us, and was very compassionate when I burst into tears upon hearing this news (happy tears). She answered all of our questions, and spent at least an hour with us. Again, she was realistic about our chances, but thoroughly explained why IUI would help us, and seemed confident in her knowledge. We just had our follow up earlier this week, and I just so happened to be at the beginning of my cycle. The ultrasound looked good, so here we go! I have started the shots, and our treatment plan is a bit "out of the box". I feel like she is giving us the best chance possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We found her to be personable, compassionate, educated, and realistic. Our 2nd (and most recent visit) she was again realistic about our chances (5-10%). She also said that she would recommend no more than 2 IUI cycles, as the chances of success greatly decrease after that. Although that puts a bit of personal pressure on me, I appreciated hearing that she wouldn't continue to push IUI cycles if it wasn't appropriate. The previous clinic we went to was adamant that we do a minimum of 6 months. There were a few hiccups involving the calendar for treatment as well as the medications involved, but with the help of our nurse Lindsey, we got it all sorted out. Lindsey has been wonderful, responsive with emails, calls, and explains processes completely. I did notice several instructions on the paperwork we received that were not gone over in person with us...such as the recommendation to have sex every day or every other day, and instructions about when to use OPK's. So some of those details were not discussed, but in our situation we literally had 24hrs to get everything squared away, where I most patients have a bit more time to prepare.
Do not be afraid to ask lots of questions! Bringing in all of our paperwork from the previous clinic and previous bloodwork, semen analysis, etc. seemed to be really helpful to our initial consultation, so consider bringing that.
We are in process of our first controlled and medicated stimulation, with an IUI next week of all goes well. She suggested medicated IUI due to my age and to increase chances of conception by releasing multiple eggs per cycle. My husband had a vasectomy reversal and has a normal sperm count, but low motility and thick viscosity. She explained that the sperm is not able to reach the egg naturally due to these factors. IUI will at least give us the chance we haven't previously had. She also recommended supplements for my husband and I to take, which should assist with better egg quality and sperm motility.
Our insurance covers diagnostics but not meds and IUI. With our treatment plan, it will be approx. $1200 per cycle for medicated IUI (injections).

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I definitely feel like my treatment protocol [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very basic and was not tailored to me...All three iuis: Letrozole 5mg (2 a day, 5 days) Gonal F Ovidrel Trigger Shot...The nursing staff was good. I only saw Dr. Dudleys main nurse once on my last iui at SRM. She was very great, I liked her a lot. Very compassionate and understanding. Otherwise I saw someone different at every appointment...Prescriptions were sent to the wrong pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think that the clinic is beautiful, very calming atmosphere. The staff can work on being more compassionate and understand what everyone is going through walking into that office. I feel that even though I saw someone different every time that I walked into the clinic, that everyone was nice. I only saw my RE one time at the initial consultation which is kind of a bummer because it makes you feel as if you're another number walking through the door rather than someone who is struggling to start a family and they are there to get to know you personally. I definitely feel like my treatment protocol was very basic and was not tailored to me.
The initial consult was wonderful. He was very detailed and answered all of my questions. However, that was the only time I saw Dr. Dudley and spoke to him following that appointment for the entire time I was at SRM.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley was great at the first appointment and answered all of our questions. I do sort of feel as if we were treated as a number at the clinic. I never saw him again after that initial visit or received an email, or phone call following our failed iuis. Communication was very low. I did not hear anything from Dr. Dudley himself until after I requested to have my file transferred to a new clinic.
Get more personable.
All three iuis: Letrozole 5mg (2 a day, 5 days) Gonal F Ovidrel Trigger Shot
$700 per iui $40 copay for every ultrasound
Seattle

I have had a great experience working with Seattle Reproductive Medicine (Tacoma Office). From the moment you walk in the door everyone is welcoming, caring, and discrete. I feel that they try very hard to keep your privacy and make you feel welcomed and taken care of...She [nures] was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!...Dr. Barker made me feel extremely comfortable and informed as soon as I met with her! I felt like she really cared about my health, my wishes, and my goals. She made me have hope for the first time in a long time!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Shannon)
She was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is warm and caring the moment you meet her. I was very nervous and discouraged before our first appointment with her, and I left that first appointment with a new excitement and hope for starting more fertility treatments! Dr. Barker is very knowledgeable and I felt that she really listened and cared about our unique situation and wanted to work with us to make a plan that made us all comfortable. After first IUI with her I got pregnant and it later ended in a miscarriage. She was very compassionate, caring, and extended a personal message to me saying she was sorry for our loss. I trust her and the plan she has made for us in the future and I am hopeful that I will be able to have a healthy baby under her care. I would highly recommend Dr. Barker to anyone I know struggling with fertility related issues.
I would tell a prospective patient to feel comfortable asking lots of questions and discussing all of your ideas and fears. In the past I had felt dumb asking my fertility doctors so many questions, but Dr. Barker answered every question my husband and I had in full detail. She never made us feel dumb for our uninformed questions. I would also tell a prospective patient to not loose hope and to trust the process. I really believe and trust Dr. Barkers treatment plan!
I had worked with a different fertility doctor for over a year and did 7 IUI's with no success. When we first met with Dr. Barker I explained my frustration of the past and she quickly looked over my chart and we planned to try two more IUI's with more aggressive treatment. So far with Dr. Barker we have done two IUI cycles with clomid and gonal -F I got pregnant after my first IUI, but I had a miscarriage at about 7.5 weeks and my second IUI was not successful.
Meeting with Dr. Barker -$175 a visit Ultrasounds-$175 each IUI-$500 Medications for IUI- $160 ish a month
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
As we talk about doing IVF as my next course of treatment for my specific situation (I have Factor IV) She explained that she would feel most comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer to keep me safe. I agree with her!
Tacoma

Dr. Davis is great and I really liked her. Sometimes it was a little hard to get ahold of a nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine - Bellvue] or for them to understand what you needed. The billing system needs work because i got the same bill twice. So just pay attention to the billing but it was definitely cheaper than the last clinic i went to!... Dr. Davis started me on 5mg of letrozole right away. When that didn’t produce any eggs, she prescribed 7.5mg. I wanted to take ovidrel just to cover my bases and she agreed and didn’t see any problems with that
European, South Asian
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis is great and I really liked her. Sometimes it was a little hard to get ahold of a nurse or for them to understand what you needed. The billing system needs work because i got the same bill twice. So just pay attention to the billing but it was definitely cheaper than the last clinic i went to!
Dr. Davis talked to me like a normal person. She was very nice! I told her what I wanted to try and she had no problem with it!
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I went in for a consultation to see what treatment options I could move forward with since the last place would not let me do what I wanted. It was IVF only or the highway. I’m so glad I went to go see Dr. Davis. She was very thorough. She explained things that my previous clinic did not. She said she didn’t see why I couldn’t just try letrozole for a few cycles. It didn’t work but I did have a uterine polyp and she said if I wasn’t pregnant then she would recommend to remove it. She didn’t do my surgery but she did call to check on me!
Just like going to any Dr, write your questions down. Definitely go see her if you’re thinking about going to see a fertility doctor.
The consultation st SRM costs $300 but my insurance actually covered it when i thought it was going to be out of pocket. With insurance each of my ultrasounds were around 9-10$. It was very inexpensive
Bellevue

Genetic counseling appointment [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was not covered and cost $250...They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless...Staff and Dr Cho are always personable and friendly and adaptable to what is unique about my case and situation.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything has been great so far. They have less of a wait than the other big clinic in the area (about 4 weeks for initial consult with my requested RE, versus 7-8 weeks to see anyone at all). They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy and the other coordinators were always prompt to respond to questions and concerns. When Kimmy was out of town another nurse responded seamlessly to my needs.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho is compassionate and thorough. She is direct about concerns and clear about risks and setting reasonable expectations. When something changes she is compassionate about the setback and thoroughly explains options.
Choose her
I did a natural-start IVF cycle because of risks with using birth control due to aural migraines. Did Menopur and gonal-f with cetrotide antagonist. No particular rationale for those. Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Not sure. I have insurance coverage so costs are all negotiated and won’t be billed u til the cycle is completed. Genetic counseling appointment was not covered and cost $250.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Doctor Cho is open to both options depending on the situation and the patient’s willingness to risk multiples.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
Dr. Cho is incredibly personal and talks candidly with her patients about their specific situation as not as a statistic. She does talk statistics, because they are important to be aware of, but does not talk make us feel like a statistic.
Kimmy is also incredibly nice, quick to respond and organized. She is the one we do most to all communication with unless we schedule an appointment with Dr. Cho, and she has been fantastic.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We were comfortable with Dr. Cho at the start of our very first conversation. She is incredibly personable, she's compassionate but also doesn't beat around the bush. She is very forward with her opinions and answering questions, which I really appreciate. There are so many unknowns with infertility, it is nice to have a doctor that can answer things clearly. She has adjusted our treatment plan as we've gone along to tailor it to our needs as a result of what she is seeing in each monitored IUI cycle. We have had 4 unsuccessful IUI's with her (1 chemical) and she has tried different/more aggressive approaches as we've continued. We just had our IVF consult with her, and I'm very happy to have my care, healthy and future children in the hands of Dr. Cho.
Ask all your questions! You will get honest feedback geared towards your own situation and needs. Don't be nervous, she's so kind and personable and you're in good hands!
4 IUI'S. #1- Letrozole/trigger #2 Higher dose of letrozole/trigger #3 Same dose of letrozole w/ gonal-f #4 Same as iui 3
$650-ish for IUI Looking at anywhere from $22k to $48k for IVF based on our situation. There base cost for IVF is $14k (but doesn't include medication, pgs testing, or the transfer). Multi-cycle programs available.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I love everything about the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I love everything about the clinic EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
She listened to me and asked me which treatments I wanted to pursue and never pushed me to do more than I wanted. Very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Latonya)
She is always quick to answer any questions I have and is very empathetic when a cycle has failed and she seems to genuinely care about me
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was excellent and was very patient and explained everything thoroughly. She was knowledgeable and had a plan for whatever course we were/are ready to pursue. She never pushed me to do any treatments we weren't ready for and was supportive of the research i'd done and allowed me to direct my next step(s) with her guiding me along. I highly recommend her
Don't be scared to tell her how and what you'd like done. She's very receptive to the research you've done and the course of treatment you see fit for your body. She's a strong advocate for listening to and knowing your own body
Weight loss (not required but recommended), levothyroxine (hypothyroidism), Femara, trigger shot, monthly ultrasounds and bloodwork. I ovulated successfully every month, got pregnant once but miscarried by angel at 6 weeks
They billed most everything under my PCOS, so most bloodwork, ultrasounds, and medications were covered. Unfortunately, IUI and IVF will not be
When we pursue IVF, she will only allow 1 embryo to be transferred at a time. That is my biggest complaint and fear. I strongly feel and want to transfer 2.
Tacoma

The main offices are beautiful, but parking can be tricky. There is a paid parking garage underneath building, but you can sometimes find street parking — especially on the weekends. They are open almost every day of the year and are pretty responsive. I was also very impressed with how quickly they got me into appointments. I waited for 25 minutes one time and the receptionist apologized and gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card for the inconvenience. I feel like they do really value their patients' time and everyone is very respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Dudley is very easy going, is great at explaining things, and keeps a light-heartedness to something that could be very stressful. I didn't feel pressured to do anything or take on treatments I didn't whole-heartedly want.
Lindsay was great dealing with my neurotic emails. A lot of the nursing staff was nice and seemed perfectly capable of performing the procedures; it didn't seem like that big of a deal that they weren't with my doctor. Some of the nursing staff was friendlier and more experienced than others, though. For instance, the nurse who did my first IUI insemination couldn't get the speculum inserted properly and took about 5 jabs at my vaginal canal before getting it in. Ouch! :(
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Our over-all experience with Dr. Dudley was positive. He's warm, easy to talk to, and positive. He reviewed our records and thought that we could start off by trying IUI and an HSG. During our first visit, we felt no sales pressure to use him or SRM, which was really nice. I saw Dr. Dudley only two times after our initial appointment during three rounds of IUI and an HSG. This might be hard to follow if you're not familiar with thyroid, TSH, and thyroid meds, but here it goes: Dr. Dudley wanted me to drop my thyroid medication dosage because he felt that it was too strong for me. That resulted in my TSH going too high. When I asked for my original prescription dosage from the nurse, she said I shouldn't be on that dosage because it was too strong for me. That left my TSH too high. My endocrinologist, who primarily manages my thyroid, saw that my numbers weren't right and adjusted me back to a higher dose than Dr. Dudley prescribed which lowered my TSH to a good range for pregnancy. My endocrinologist wants the numbers in a good range before conception, so I decided to follow her prescription.
He's a great doctor. You won't feel any pressure from him, so go for it! Manage your thyroid levels with your own endocrinologist.
After an all-clear HSG, we did 3 IUIs. The first IUI was with .25 Letrozole during the first half of my cycle then a trigger shot after an ultrasound to look at follicle size and lining thickness. For the second IUI, they stepped up the original protocol with a day-9 Gonal-F trigger shot and progesterone capsules taken vaginally after the insemination. That resulted in two nice looking follicles but no positive pregnancy test. For the third IUI, we followed the same protocol. BFN. The one thing that bothered me about this clinic is that they only want you to do home pregnancy tests — no blood beta. This was a bit unnerving because taking progesterone vaginally can delay your period but you are supposed to stop taking them if you have a negative home pregnancy test. I'd be left without a period for a few days thinking that maybe the home pregnancy test didn't work or maybe I was one of those women who did produce enough HCG to show up on a pregnancy test. My fear was that somehow I was pregnant and because I stopped taking the progesterone, I would miscarry. I felt like a simple blood test would've given me peace of mind and less stress. I would've happily paid the extra money to do this.
An IUI cycle was $600-800 — not including medication.

Endometriosis, PCOS
They [SRM] have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
She is very kind and she explains things to you so you can understand them. She holds your hand through it all and is extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Walker)
My nurse is beyond exceptional. She actually stepped back and isn’t in charge of patients as much now but I consider her a huge part of my life and am so thankful for her. The entire nursing staff is amazing. They all know you and care to. They cheer you on and help with any problem or question you may have. They are kind and amazing at their jobs.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing her partner the first round and he moved away and I was transferred to her service. I was nervous at first because I loved her partner as a doctor and hadn’t met her yet. The moment I met her my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!
I would recommend her and let them know they will be treated with the utmost respect and feel as though they’re her only patient because of the care she gives you.
I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs. It got pushed back a couple times because she wanted them to grow a little bit longer which was great. I was on an antagonist protocol. My medicines were menopur, gonal-f, oral estrace, endometrin.
They have an option to buy with an outside program called Attain. I chose to do this because I did the buy 3 refund option where if I don’t bring a baby home I am refunded all of my money, for $27,500. Also medication each round varies from 1,000-4,000.

PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths would be that they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.... Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths would be that they don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.
Dr. Houmard and her entire staff are very friendly and personable. They treat us like we are their only patients every time we are in the office!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They are wonderful, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I couldn’t ask for a better office to be a patient at.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We don’t see Dr. Houmard every time we have an appointment but when do she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer our questions. She oversees each cycle and adjusts things as needed each time. We do see her for follow ups every few months and so far I am happy with our decision to use her as our doctor.
Don’t except to see her with every single visit.
After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point. She started me on a med that I can’t remember the name of but it gets you to start your period. I haven’t had to take this med again since then because my body has started on its own. Then she has me take 10mg of Letrozole for five days and then a couple days later in my cycle I give myself an 150 of GonalF that is suppose to trigger your follicles to grow. I usually will go in around cycle day 15 for an ultrasound to see if there are a follicle that is at the right size for for the next injection called Ovidrel which triggers your bony to ovulate. This is also all in conjunction with times intercourse. Three of my cycles we also did an IUI. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get pregnant yet but I can tell that my body is working correctly now and that gives me hope that it will happen eventually.
Our insurance actually covered a lot more of our coats then I expected but it’s not cheap by any means. Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM. They are still about $160 for both the GonalF and Ovidrel. Semen analysis is only about $40 out of pocket. IUIs are not covered for us and we’re about $700 each. We are currently saving up for IVF that will be about $18,000 but will also be applying to finance about half of it.
Spokane Valley

Shannon is an amazing nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a large clinic with a number of docs, nurses, and staff, but I did NOT feel like a “number.” I felt our treatment was individualized and the clinic is a well-oiled machine. No, Dr Klein doesn’t do every ultrasound - but I was perfectly comfortable with the ultrasound techs. The techs were professional, experienced, and kind. I did have to take my own notes during the ultrasound (egg retrieval cycle) so I could tell my husband the follicle sizes, but the gals were very understanding and made sure I had everything I needed/wanted (including photos of my ovaries before retrieval!) the blood draw techs were amazing and I loved that I could go to Bellevue or Seattle depending on scheduling. It was so fun meeting with the embryologist on transfer day and we will forever cherish the picture we have of our embryo!!!
Dr. Klein is compassionate, caring, and honest. She listens and makes sure to answer each and every question. She truly cares about you as a patient and is involved in each level of your treatment and plan. I needed to have surgery to remove my tubes, but the surgeon didn’t recommend surgery so she came up with an alternate plan and was encouraging even though I was disappointed I couldn’t have the surgery. I never felt like a “number,” she always knew the details of my history and treatment plan when we met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Jakubowski)
Shannon is an amazing nurse and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I am so incredibly thankful for Dr Klein. Her compassion, honesty, caring, patience, and experience is second to none. My diagnosis is due to some very complex medical history and she took the time to understand my history. She was very honest about our options and how we could proceed. She was patient and understanding when we wanted to take some time between diagnosis and treatment to adjust our supplements, diet, and emotionally deal with our diagnosis. I was incredibly thankful she did my egg retrieval as she was able to discover some info on my anatomy that was helpful for my transfer. She didn’t do my transfer, but Dr Thyer was amazing and I felt very comfortable at transfer. Graduating from our clinic was bittersweet - I cried as we will truly miss Dr Klein!!!
Have a list of questions with you to ask and discuss! She takes the time to make sure you understand and all questions are answered. You can also send questions via the portal, she is very responsive!
As we did a freeze all cycle (we thought I’d need another surgery before transfer), she was a bit more aggressive with my dosing - 300 iu of gonal-f, 75 iu menopur, plus cetrotide. Dosed for 9 days. Ended up with 12 eggs, 10 were mature, 7 fertilized (with ICSI as my husband was 37 at the time), 2 embryos frozen and biopsied on day 5 and 1 embryo frozen and biopsied on day 6. 2 of the 3 embryos were normal (one from day 5, plus the day 6). Dr Klein said this was very normal/typical and we had adjusted my protocol if we needed to do a second round. We did not as our frozen transfer (3 months after retrieval) was successful and I’m pregnant (15 weeks, Singleton, single embryo transfer, all genetic tests are normal)! We still have one frozen embryo. My FET was medicated - with endometrin, PIO, and estradiol.
Frozen cycle: 11,950. FET: 3,500.
Dr Klein strongly recommended single embryo transfer as I have a ton of abdominal scars and scar tissue, and a twin pregnancy would be super high risk. I agreed and my OB was in 100% agreement - she was also against a multiple embryo transfer.

20 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved... Elsa was my rock, she honestly was my biggest support system and she responded to all my questions and followed up with my daily and I never felt like she had any other patients she knew my statistics, charts and treatments like the back of her hand
20 Eggs Frozen
European, East Asian, South Asian
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved however I was self pay so I did not have to deal with her that much, she didnt exactly tell me about discount programs, options etc...
She was very calm and patient and understood my background and my body before giving me information and statistics, she catered the treatment to me and my needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She ha a great bedside manner and is very informative without being too technical, it is like talking to your best friend who is a specialist in a field you need information on! she was very patient and welcoming and positive
ask a lot of questions and and express your goals and how many eggs, embryos or treatments you would like to have or can afford and your expectations on communication and treatment
on my first appointment she took it from informational to real life and asked for me to do an ultrasound and bloodwork so she could see exactly where I was with my fertility, my treatment plan from day 1 was catered to my goals and needs, i wanted to freeze 20 eggs i told her on day 1 and I was able to do that exact number with her help
6500 for egg retrieval, care, blood draws, procedure and monitoring and medications were separate

PCOS, Other
Billing is a weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. I was constantly asking about billing and when I'd see it and if you have a surgery they're surgery department billing is separate from the office billing but when I asked the financial advisor she told me it was a mistake and not to pay it. Ended up working it all out but it was all confusing...Rachel was my first nurse and she had no compassion and poor communication skills. I told her I wanted (1) valium for a procedure and she made me feel like I was being a baby about it. I asked for a new nurse. Heidi was my new nurse and she was wonderful!! She made me feel heard and cared for. Even 7 months pregnant she checked in on me to see how the baby and i were doing.
European, Latino
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is a weakness. I was constantly asking about billing and when I'd see it and if you have a surgery they're surgery department billing is separate from the office billing but when I asked the financial advisor she told me it was a mistake and not to pay it. Ended up working it all out but it was all confusing.
She always looked out for me and my individual treatment. When I would ask to move to a stronger treatment she would talk to me about it and do what I asked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel then Heidi)
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I thought she was wonderful she was always positive. My first IUI was kind of traumatic because the nurse my cervix was being difficult Dr. Barker came in and made me feel better and get the procedure done. For our next one they made sure I saw my dr. And I was much more relaxed because of it.
Be 100% open and give as much detail as you can because that helps her care for you.
Oct - consultation Nov - hysteroscopy surgery to remove uterine Septum Dec - recover and office hysteroscopy to check uterus Jan- letrozol with timed intercourse Feb- letrozol with timed intercourse March - letrozol with timed intercourse April -letrozol with IUI #1 May - break June - letrozol and gonal f with IUI #2 resulting in pregnancy
After insurance I estimate we spend under 5k for treatment
Tacoma
Seattle Reproductive Medicine has many strengths....They offer multi-cycle programs. Furthermore, Seattle Reproductive Medicine has a very unique patient portal. It is easy to access and is a great way to communicate with the fertility team. It is uniquely color-coded so that a patient can decipher between clinical, financial, scheduling, etc.... In regards to weaknesses, I would have to say that having a care coordinator telecommuting from home is not an effective way to communicate with patients.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Seattle Reproductive Medicine has many strengths. The first one that appealed to me was their success rates. For example, in 2016, the preliminary live birth rate per new patient was 47.5% for a woman my age. After comparing this rate with other clinics, I was convinced that I needed to go here. Also, I live in Alaska and Seattle is only a three hour plane ride. SRM is located in Washington state and have five different locations. Seattle Reproductive Medicine participates in the Regional Access Network (RAN), which is designed to make treatment as easy as possible for patients who are not located in Washington. This is a high strength for me since I do live in Alaska and am able to have tests conducted here. Another huge strength for Seattle Reproductive Medicine is that they also participate in the Attain Fertility program that makes paying for IVF as easy as possible so that the patient can focus on what matters most and the success of the treatment. They offer multi-cycle programs. Furthermore, Seattle Reproductive Medicine has a very unique patient portal. It is easy to access and is a great way to communicate with the fertility team. It is uniquely color-coded so that a patient can decipher between clinical, financial, scheduling, etc. Moreover, a patient can access their treatment schedule, treatment estimate, lab results, document management, request appointments, and pay your bill. Seattle Reproductive Medicine consists of long-tenured fertility experts who are passionate about helping people grow their families. Some of the team members are former fertility patients themselves, which gives them an uniquely compassionate perspective. Another strength that Seattle Reproductive Medicine has is that they use only the most recent technology and methods, which contribute to their high success rates. Finally, As of January 2015, SRM became the largest clinic on the west coast to be recognized as a Center of Nursing Excellence. In regards to weaknesses, I would have to say that having a care coordinator telecommuting from home is not an effective way to communicate with patients. With that being said, I would tell other patients to make sure they find out where their coordinator is actually located.
After my doctor retired I established care with Dr. Dudley. I had just experienced a miscarriage during this time. Since I live out of state, I spoke with Dr. Dudley on the telephone. He immediately expressed genuine compassion and made us feel like he really cared about our situation. He seemed disappointed and was very empathetic. I definitely felt human and honestly cared for and far from feeling just like a "number." Dr. Dudley talked to me about conducting further blood testing to determine if I have a clotting factor before we attempt another cycle. This proactive approach by Dr. Dudley definitely made me feel human and like he was going a step further to help us figure things out. Furthermore, Dr. Dudley expedited the results from our miscarriage that we were anxiously awaiting. Dr. Dudley also reached out to the company that did our PGS testing and had our date extended for another few months. This meant we would not have to pay another base fee for our next retrieval. His assistance made us feel hopeful again! I am just very impressed with Dr. Dudley's knowledge and ability to help guide us during this journey. He has a way of eliminating the overwhelming feeling that this situation presents just by hearing his voice. He is very responsive, respectful, trustworthy, and explains in detail what to expect next. Dr. Dudley also translates complicating medical lingo into a language that my husband and I can understand. In closing, I have always felt human and not like a number when communicating with Dr. Dudley.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Craig)
When I first became a patient at Seattle Reproductive Medicine, I was assigned to a fertility coordinator named Sarah Thompson. She was a great coordinator, however, she received a promotion as physician liaison and I was then reassigned a new one. My new coordinator at the time, Lexie Bemis, was great to begin with. However, over time I found myself not getting return phone calls in a timely manner and she was messed up on days with my calendar and I had to correct her myself. I grew especially frustrated when I learned that she wasn't located in Seattle at all and I was unable to meet with her when I came to SRM. It turns out she was actually telecommuting out of her home in Idaho the whole time. Most recently, after my last egg retrieval, I have elected to have a new coordinator. Currently, I have a nurse coordinator, Lindsay Craig, and she is absolutely fantastic. She is compassionate and explains all details to me. Lindsay is really organized and communicates well. I met with her last time at Seattle Reproductive Medicine because Lexie could not be there. I would fully recommend Lindsay as a nurse coordinator to any potential patient. She responds in a timely manner and covers every aspect of your treatment plan.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was under the care of another doctor who just happened to retire while I was her patient. During that time, I had my first embryo transfer that resulted in a pregnancy. Sadly, I suffered a miscarriage after finding out there was no heart beat at my ultrasound appointment. I was just a day shy of my 11-week mark. I chose to miscarry at home. I chose not to have a D&C with the fear of uterine preforation. Instead, I used the medication misoprostol to induce the miscarriage. After heaving cramping and extreme tissue loss, our baby presented himself. My husband placed the baby and tissue into an Anora Kit that we had obtained and sent our baby in for testing to see what might have gone wrong. Thus, my follow-up appointment was with Dr. Dudley and I reestablished care with him. Since we live out of state, our appointments are over-the-phone. We happened to speak with him while we were still waiting for results from our miscarriage. Dr. Dudley immediately expressed genuine compassion and made us feel like he really cared about our situation. He seemed disappointed and was very empathetic. Furthermore, Dr. Dudley expedited the results that we were anxiously awaiting. Additionally, Dr. Dudley implemented a new protocol and further testing before beginning another retrieval cycle. He also explained potential risks of starting a new cycle too soon. He talked to the company that completed our PGS testing and had our date extended for another few months. This meant we would not have to pay another base fee for our next retrieval. His assistance made us feel hopeful again! We have since completed another egg retrieval in July of 2108. We have one embryo from that cycle. However, since I am almost 38, we have chosen to complete two more cycles of egg retrievals before a transfer. We shared our concerns with Dr. Dudley and he agreed that by choosing to do this instead of another immediate transfer would definitely help increase our chances of getting pregnant. I definitely do not want to go through what I had just experienced and then not only loose another baby, but be older and have poorer egg quality. Dr. Dudley reminded me that I did have implantation on my first transfer and was positive to point out that is was a good thing! He explained to my husband and I both what to expect during treatment. We are scheduled to have another egg retrieval in a couple of weeks and meet with Dr. Dudley. I am so far very impressed with Dr. Dudley and his professionalism, along with his expertise.
One piece of advice I would give to a prospective patient about Paul Dudley is to not be afraid of asking any kind of question. Dr. Dudley is very knowledgeable and respectful. He communicates effectively and will explain things thoroughly so that you will understand.
After my miscarriage, Dr. Dudley immediately ordered blood tests for genetic thrombophilias, specifically Factor V Leiden, which is a mutation that can increase your chance of developing abnormal blood clots. Moreover, he recommended another blood draw three weeks after the previous one to rule out any antithrombin activity, anti-thyroid antibodies, anti-cardiolipin antibodies, lupus anticoagulant, and beta-2 glycoprotein antibodies. My results for blood clotting and immune panel were negative. Dr. Dudley's treatment strategy was the antagonist protocol for both my egg retrieval in July of 2018 and also the one coming up in a couple of weeks. However, my medication doses are different. For the first retrieval, I was on 450 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur. For the upcoming cycle, I am to take 375 units of Follistim and 150 units of Menopur. A blood test is taken on day five as well as day eight for both cycles. I fly from Alaska to Seattle for the day-eight appointment. After arriving in Seattle for monitoring, each appointment is contingent on the one before. I am to be notified when to start my antagonist medication, Ganirelix. In July, I started on day seven with 0.5 mL and continued on until day eleven. I take this medication to prevent ovulation. An ultrasound and blood test determine when to take my trigger injection. With the retrieval in July, I used the medication Lupron and for the upcoming retrieval I am prescribed 10,000 units of Pregnyl for my trigger shot. The rationale for using the Lupron trigger is that it stimulates your own pituitary to release a large amount of LH and FSH. In contrast, the Pregnyl trigger releases hCG, which itself acts like LH and causes ovulation. Dr. Dudley is hoping for better results with the hCG trigger in terms of egg maturation. Only time will tell! With my first cycle with Dr. Dudley I produced six eggs. Only four were mature and two made it to day blastocysts. After biopsying the two embryos and sending them in for preimplantation genetic screening, it was found that one embryo tested normal and the other one has less than 85% chance of harboring abnormality of chromosome 21 (Down syndrome). The plan is to possibly thaw and rebiopsy the embryo with another cycle and send for PGS testing again.
My husband and I are on our second Attain package and have already spent over $30,000. Our upcoming treatment is going to cost $22,000.
Dr. Dudley explained that he would not transfer more than two embryos at time. He did also explain the greater risks of transferring two embryos as opposed to just one. Dr. Dudley explained that any pregnancy has risks, however many risks are greatly increased with twin birth.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Able to get in quickly and often, fast service, clean, appeared organized, connected to community Sara the nurse was the worst. Financial info could be stronger, and I’d like to see them be more welcoming of husbands/dads- it appeared as though i as the woman had to do everything- which wasn’t good considering I was very emotional. My husband often felt like an outsider even though he was very involved. I think fertility clinics and docs need to make a conscious effort to include fathers in all aspects
Dr Houmard was professional and personal. She’s a member of my community and had things in common with my husband and I. She is also friends with both our former fertility doc and our current ob
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara)
Sara was bad. Made some comments that weren’t appropriate for our experience, looked unprofessional, and ultimately sent the wrong order For my medications so I Over ordered and over paid which was bad. I asked to get a new nurse which SRM complied and apologized
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I found Dr H to be just what I was looking for- compassionate but honest. She didn’t sugar coat issues or lead us to believe a live birth was an absolute but she set realistic expectations- having suffered 8 miscarriages previously this was our last shot and she was on board with that and supported us the way we wanted and needed to be supported.
Be honest!!! Tell her everything- your history, experience, expectations, fears, needs, etc
We had already had several consultantatuons with other docs in Seattle and were familiar with what would be suggested for our treatment, retrieval, icsi, ohs, fet, and potential gestational carrier for future. Rpl and unexplained infertility, we knew that there could be no explanation and a bad outcome- dr H set these scenarios for us as well
Around $30k total
Na

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Everything ran like clock work [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience...We wanted to be very conservative in our IVF approach-We would only fertilize two eggs at a time and any embryos resulting would be transferred (no frozen embryos). Dr Letterie never once questioned us or pushed us to be more liberal in our approach even though it would take longer. He was extremely respectful of our wishes.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything ran like clock work. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Thompson)
Sarah was an absolute gem, just like Dr Letterie. Sarah moves to a different position right before we had our BETA test and she continued to be my follow up person because she was so hopeful for us and wanted to see us through our entire cycle
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Letterie is kind and gentle but also extremely intelligent. He listened to each of our concerns about IVF without ever feeling like we were rushed and he answered every single question with us until we were satisfied. We wrote and re-wrote every plan together as a team. Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
Prepare to be “wow-ed”! His level of intelligence regarding fertility is hugely impressive and his patience and bed side manner are incredible!
I used gonal-f injections along with menopur and certotide to prepare for egg retrieval. We retrieved 18 eggs. 2 of those eggs were fertilized and 6 did not survive/were not mature. 10 were frozen. We did not want to create as many embryos as we could because we believe each one is a life so we froze eggs and sperm separately. Out of those two embryos, neither survived and we took a break. When we started again, I began on estrace pills 3 times per day for the first few days of my cycle and then added progesterone in oil shots once per day and vaginal progesterone suppositories twice a day to prepare for a possible embryo transfer. We thawed two more eggs and they were fertilized with ICSI. Both fertilized and both survived to day 5. Both embryos were transferred resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were from out of town-About 4.5 hours from the office. So we did all of our monitoring through a local lab and they got everything to Dr Letterie.
We did have some insurance coverage and Kenzie was phenomenal at maximizing those! She explained when we should pay out of pocket vs when to use insurance to get the best rates possible. She was easy to get ahold of and always quick to respond. She was a lifesaver with finances.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Often I would not get phone calls with test results. And when I would call they [Seattle Reproductive Med] would then apologize and then give me these results.... Strengths: Professional, organized, clean. Challenges: I question their lab and how good it really is - the success rates arent very high, sometimes the medical assistants were insensitive to what was going on talking about babies and pregnancy (which was often hard to hear), I sometimes felt like a number not a person.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She is very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hailey (last name?))
Strengths: informative, organized Challenges: indifferent with results, not a lot of compassion
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths: kind, compassionate, smart, took my case seriously, utilized her peers to consult for advice on treatment, optimistic, very available and quick to respond to emails. Challenges: didn't every really change my treatment protocol, which after three failed retrievals I would of thought she would, which is why I eventually left her. She wasn't as aggressive as I would of liked. She never recommended any sort of supplements or anything. She was a little indifferent about my recurrent failure.
She is good but if you have one or two failures with her I would seek advice from another clinic and doctor, one with a very good reputation for aggressive treatment.
The first two treatments were focused on stmulating the most possible eggs, which worked well, I indeed had many eggs. however, the issue was the egg quality as the embryos often began deteriorating on day 4-6 of development. The third cycle she took a different approach which was a less aggressive stimulation but longer, to see if that would improve the egg quality, but it did not have different results. I still had a high number of eggs retrieved and no good embryos as of day 5-6.
We spent about $45,000 out of pocket in 2017 for three rounds of IVF.
She had a very strong prefernce to only transfer one embryo at a time. She also never recommended PGS/D, so this was always something I disagreed with her about. She had the attitutde that PGS/D made no difference in the end, but in my mind it made a huge difference, as undergoing failed transfers because the embryo s bad is earth shattering. I think she doesn't quite realize the impact a failed transfer has on the psych.
Seattle

We had insurance verified through their [SRM] billing department MULTIPLE times, I kept checking are you guys SURE we have 50% IVF coverage, and they assured us that they had communicated with our insurance provider and verified our coverage. ... Fast forward to months later when we find out we did not have the appropriate coverage and SRM was sticking us with the remaining 6k that insurance was supposed to cover.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My absolutely biggest gripe with SRM is the price as well as the way our billing situation was dealt with. We had insurance verified through their billing department MULTIPLE times, I kept checking are you guys SURE we have 50% IVF coverage, and they assured us that they had communicated with our insurance provider and verified our coverage. We absolutely COULD NOT have afforded IVF without this discount so we decided to proceed and drain our savings. Fast forward to months later when we find out we did not have the appropriate coverage and SRM was sticking us with the remaining 6k that insurance was supposed to cover. We were devastated, especially after we had miscarried from that cycle. I asked about payment options and they said we could pay in installments over 3 months. 2k a month!?!?!?!? I couldn’t believe it. We were going to loose our shirts if we had to pay, so I opted to let it go to collections. Only after months of calls from bill collectors (while we had time to save our money) was I able to negotiate a settlement for 4K. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth about SRM, especially knowing we will never be able to afford to do in state IVF again. Shame.
Dr. Klein was kind and personable. Always responsive with questions on the portal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone we dealt with at SRM was kind compassionate and professional.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein was great, she set us on a good course of treatment for our infertility and got the ball rolling very quickly. Though we only saw her for our initial consultation and for another check in, the course of treatment was designed by her and worked well in our case, despite us having an early miscarriage.
Ask a lot of questions!
We have male factor infertility so we were basically heading into this with the knowledge that we would be using icsi. I also have PCOS and was prescribed metformin. We did a very typical ivf round with standard stims and injections for 11 days, retrieved 29 eggs but only 10 were mature as a result of PCOS. Unfortunately we only had one egg that made it to day 5, so it was our only option for implanting. We decided to not do any testing so we could have a fresh cycle and we implanted and had strong initial HCg levels, but miscarried due to a sub chorionic hematoma at 6 weeks.
The price was 10k not including medications (this was the insurance contracted amount, they can’t charge insurance companies the same amount the charge people, the actual IVF cost for people without insurance is 15k) we paid 3k for meds, 5500 out of pocket initially and another 4K when our insurance didn’t actually cover anything (reduced from 6k by negatotiating with the bill collectors). So out of pocket total we paid 13k.
The doctor explained that I was you g and healthy enough that multiple eggs were not needed for transfer.

PCOS, Unexplained
Never had to wait excessively long [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and always so accommodating to scheduling needs...The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed...The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is pretty amazing. My one complaint is that it’s in a very dense part of the city without a lot of parking. There is an attached garage but when you are going several times a week, paying for parking (on top of an IVF cycle) got to be quite expensive.
Personal connection and human conversation. Never had to wait excessively long and always so accommodating to scheduling needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kahlia Aposhian)
The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed. One of the scariest parts of IVF aid the liming cost vs what insurance will cover. The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Klein was so warm and inviting and didn’t make me feel like my infertility was my fault. She presented many options, was patient and kind and had the highest standards for the care she provided. Though an extremely scientific process, Dr Klein never made my treatment feel too clinical or sterile.
Be upfront with your goals and timelines if they are important to you. Listen to her advice and try not to get too far in the weeds of “what if’s”. She advised IVF early on but because I knew more about IUI, I opted to try that several times first. Turns out, they were a waste of time and money and IVF was inevitable. I wish I would have listened to HER rather than friends/family/societal norms.
Out of pocket, I think the cost for my cycle ended up being about $4k, but I had great insurance that had a $20k infertility lifetime coverage.
Dr Klein did recommend a single embryo transfer, which I was surprised by since you hear about so many IVF pregnancies with multiples.
Seattle

The scheduling staff [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was unorganized and we experienced long waits and even saw others turned away from scheduling errors. The nurses were great in all aspects. The patient portal was very user-friendly.... We waited over and hour for our appointment because the prior appointment was incorrectly scheduled as a short time slot for a follow up rather than new patient.... [nurse] is highly knowledgeable and provided detailed feedback/explanations that were easily understood.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The scheduling staff was unorganized and we experienced long waits and even saw others turned away from scheduling errors. The nurses were great in all aspects. The patient portal was very user-friendly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Lack of willingness to help with a plan we were comfortable with, lack of bedside manners, algorithm created with incorrect personal data
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burchell)
Kimmy Burchell was my main point of contact/communication. She was prompt and thorough. Kimmy was familiar with my chart and provided positive encouragement for alternative treatment options. She is highly knowledgeable and provided detailed feedback/explanations that were easily understood.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She spent our consultation reviewing all the potential infertility possibilities in great depth. This was overwhelming and in the end only our diagnosis was relevant so time wasted. She did most of the talking and didn’t save much time for us to ask questions. During my AFC scam she announced she wasn’t finding any follicles, which was extremely upsetting, and then after a bit more searching she found them. She preformed this year mid-cycle, which I’ve since learned is not the best time for this test/scan. Once diagnosed with DOR, she pushed for us to go straight to IVF with no other options provided. When we expressed that we were not ready to go straight to IVF and asked what other options we have. Dr. Kennedy said, “well I guess you could do Letrozole with timed intercourse.” No monitoring or follow up. She provided a report for our chances/odds of IVF and IUI but the personal information/data she used was not accurate. We felt she was only interested in working with us if we did IVF. Since seeing her, I’ve been retested (1 year later) and all numbers are slightly better. My OAR ERS is 10 (fair 6-10, good 11-15), AMH 1.12, FSH 6.56 at age 33.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t see her
Describe the protocols Janet Kennedy used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She prescribed Letrozole 2.5mg times cycle days 3-7 with times intercourse. That was all the direction. No follow up or monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Patient costs (after Ins) to see doctor was just shy of $1000 for initial consultation with doctor, blood tests, AFC, HSG, and follow-up with doctor.
Describe Janet Kennedy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Janet Kennedy
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they [Seattle Repro Med] were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.).... They switched systems while we were there, and didn't communicate new procedures which meant we almost lost $1,000 in the old system.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.). It's painful to deal with them.
With Dr. Dudley, we felt important-we never felt rushed, and we felt genuine care. Some of the nurses less so, but with Dr. Dudley we definitely felt human, and not like we were just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We soon realized that we had to know our stuff with the nurse we were assigned to. So we did tons of research. She would assume we knew everything, but this was our first time doing IVF. Things like what you should and shouldn't do, for example. We felt like she was a necessary requirement of the clinic, but didn't really provide us with support. We did that on our own-luckily we loved our dr so we stayed.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley had a great balance of being straightforward and realistic, while also being very optimistic and positive. We always left realizing that while we had a long road to go, but also feeling that we would get pregnant. He would tell us his personal opinion on what he would do and why, but always empowered us to make the decisions.
Ask lots of questions!
We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI, the embryos were left to develop for 5 days and then all embryos were frozen. Dr. Dudley performed my egg retrieval. I then had a frozen embryo transfer (1 embryo) that another dr. performed. It resulted in a negative. We transferred another frozen embryo (1 again), and it resulted in a pregnancy!
We were lucky and our insurance covered our treatments up to a certain amount. We had co-pays still so it was still pricey, but we were covered. We used up our $15,000 benefit, and probably paid $5-8,000 out of pocket for all of our treatments and drugs.
He feels strongly about eSET, but is willing to transfer two if that's your preference.
Seattle

The network of nurses and other support personnel [Seattle Repro Med] were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this....The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The network of nurses and other support personnel were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this.
The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions. Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was assigned a nurse from the first appointment and communicated with her regularly over the next several months (I don't remember her name mainly because I'm terrible with names -- it might have been Katie). I saw her almost every time I went into the office for any treatments, and she was my main point of communication for questions during the various cycles. I have nothing but good things to say about her!
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She seemed knowledgeable and compassionate when I met with her. I always had lots of questions, and those questions were answered. I did not get pregnant, but I never felt that was due to poor treatment.
Make sure to schedule an appointment specifically with the doctor if/when there are major questions -- the support staff are amazing with the day-to-day, so it's easy to forget that the doctor is there to talk about the major treatment options.
There were no indications of infertility (other than age), so we started with unmedicated IUI treatments for the first few months. When those did not work, I added letrozole for a couple of months. After meeting with Dr. Cho, we decided to add fertility injections (keeping the letrozole as well) and a trigger shot before the IUI.
My insurance was good at the time, so costs were manageable. Even copays were in the hundreds of dollars, however, so it did cost a lot of money -- without insurance, I assume this would be extremely expensive.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Dr. Houmard was empathetic throughout treatment until the last cycle. She was clear that due to diminished ovarian reserve treatment options with own egg might be limited. She was willing to treat us though she never offered to vary from one protocol. She also a few times gave extremely devastating information either via email, or over the phone without offering any followup.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing care at the clinic was amazing. Very organized, always available. Very helpful in trying to explain the physician's rational if there was something I didn't understand.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think she is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point. Unfortunately as the patient at that point in time I did not know that those were routine things done at most practices to prevent poor outcomes. Perhaps if you are doing standard IVF or IUI with her, your treatment outcome might be better, but I do not recommend for those with more difficult problems to overcome. They lower the price of mini IVF, but don't actually do enough monitoring to make you successful.
Don't do mini IVF with her.
Mini IVF- No baseline ultrasound or labs. Letrazole 5mg CD 3-7, Follistim 150 units CD 6-8. Start Ganirelix CD 8. No labs checked, ultrasound CD 9. Zero labs checked prior to retrieval. Ultrasound to measure follicle size only. Birth control pills for cycle batching (also bad for DOR). Results = all dismal.
Mini IVF cycle was $13,600, ultrasounds $330 unless you are a tech patient then they are $400.
Spokane Valley

The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door, I felt that the treatment I was receiving was tailored to my needs and my body. She was great at explaining all of the information in a kind manner that made sense and made my husband and I feel very comfortable with the care that was going to be provided. She and her staff really took time with us and allowed us to ask questions freely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses that we have dealt with are so personal and compassionate. They are great at responding quickly through the patient portal and over the phone to concerns. Anytime that I would let them know that I had a negative pregnancy test they were compassionate and gave their apologies that the cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. The nursing staff is helpful, communicates well, addresses questions, is friendly, and gives personal service.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment. She made my husband and I feel that she was truly interested in helping us and took the time to make sure she understood our medical histories well and what our goals were. I really appreciate Dr. Cho and her honesty and her approach to practicing medicine.
Come prepared with questions you may have for her because she is willing to take the time to answer your questions and concerns (if it isn't something she already covered).
My husband and I had had 5 failed IUI cycles in a different city. Dr. Cho reviewed all of our records from those treatments. Based on our medical history she recommended a slightly different course of IUI treatment, but a far more thorough course. We told her that we wanted to take a couple of months without IUI before we restarted again, so she recommended that I take clomid and track my cycles with OPKs and let them know every month is I got my cycle. The clomid cycles (which I had never attempted before) didn't work for us. We then did an IUI cycle, with clomid and ultrasound monitoring. I was ovulating on my own and didn't need to give any trigger injections. Based on the OPK results and ultrasound results we did an IUI (with clomid before) and then began prometrium a couple of days after the IUI. No pregnancy. For the second IUI with Dr. Cho she had me stop the clomid (i was having some not fun side effects) and change to letrozole with an FSH trigger injection on CD9. Then OPK and ultrasound again, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. IUI #3 she wanted to try and stimulate my follicles slightly differently based on my ultrasound results last cycle. I took letrozole again, FSH shot again, OPKs, ultrasound and triggered with ovidrel, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. Dr. Cho wanted us to attempt 3 assisted IUI cycles with her office and then wanted to have a consult again if we weren't successful. We met with her recently since we have had 3 assisted IUI cycles with SRM, and 5 IUI cycles with another practice. We are now looking at IVF since we have unexplained infertility.
One IUI cycle (not including medications) for one ultrasound and the insemination (including cost of lab to prep the semen) was $600. One IVF cycle with egg retrieval is estimated to cost around $13,500.00 without medications which are estimated to cost an additional $3000-6000 depending on the individual patient's needs.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic needs flexible hours to accommodate those clients that work.
I have autoimmune diseases and a complicated history of Lyme's disease. My doctor was given an extensive and comprehensive medical history. I asked multiple times to take these things into consideration and to give me personalized treatment based on this information. This was never done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Blackorby)
My nurse was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Both my partner and myself felt like cattle, being run through the clinic with no individualized attention and part of a cog in a wheel for the clinic to make money. While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility. I researched this on my own and since have gotten a second option from a doctor who has explained this to me and is in the process of putting me on a treatment program that is specific to my medical issues.
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research and insist on individual treatment protocol.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Barker. The first round was using letrozole with Ovidreal injection. The next two times, using estrogen injections, Ovidreal trigger injection with 200 mg of progesterone vaginally daily.
In total, our out of pocket costs were approx $2,500
None

Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
An unforeseen finding required that we be referred to another sub-specialist and that referral process was very drawn out and delayed, we feel Dr Letterie and his team [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] did not have the same since of urgency that we did. It took 3 plus weeks to receive imaging results (after we were told we would have results within 48 hours of the imaging). After calling on a weekly basis inquiring about the results we were told to go to the imaging center ourselves to get the results. Overall we were told conflicting information and there was an extreme delay in communicating very sensitive results. It was very stressful and disheartening.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: several locations with weekend and evening hours, fairly easy and fast to get an appointment, online patient portal was easy to use. Financial counselors were very helpful. Weaknesses: you have to pay for parking, this is a large clinic and in some ways it felt a bit impersonal
I would say I was treated slightly more like a number than a human. Our nurse was not good at communicating information or returning phone calls. Throughout our work up we found unexpected results requiring surgery and we feel this information was not communicated in a timely manner or in a compassionate/empathetic manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
We struggled greatly with our assigned nurse coordinator. Weaknesses included: not following through on communicating when she said she would (via email or phone call), not timely in coordinating care, when we received bad news she minimized and negated our feelings of being shocked and scared. We felt unheard and that our care was not a priority.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Initially Dr Letterie was very compassionate, thorough and articulate in communicating our treatment plan. We feel like this shifted when we got unexpected results at which point we felt that communication was not timely or consistent. There was a lack of urgency in developing a modified treatment plan and getting us referred to the appropriate physicians to manage our unexpected results. We also feel that the empathy and compassion in communication trailed off when unexpected results occurred.
Be proactive in advocating for yourself and your medical needs.
We were strongly encouraged to do a single embryo transfer

3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
The clinic [SRM] is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting...The errors made by my coordinator in scheduling and ordering medications, gave me the impression that I was another patient ID and not relating to me as a person with specific requests for my treatment...The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
From what I can gather from other folk's experiences, the clinic is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting. You won't see your primary doctor often, but you do have the ability to get questions routed to them via the portal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa Haile)
The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check all scheduling, confirm instructions repeatedly, and keep an active watch over prescription doses and amounts so I could notify her with enough time to get refills with out it resulting in me paying rush fees. My following up, due to my lack of confidence in her ability, seemed to generate annoyance from her.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very personable and compassionate and was understanding of my desire to understand the scientific specifics about my treatment plan. She set realistic expectations from the onset. I found her manner reassuring and lacking any evidence to the contrary, I trust her abilities.
Ask questions and self-advocate. There are aspects of my treatment plan that were included, but I only knew that because I asked about them. There might be things you want to explore that aren't offered up by the doctor.
Antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger (Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide). This seemed to be the standard protocol and there were only minor adjustments to medications to address data that was only available after the first cycle. Overall results seem to be about as expected. Lupron trigger was to reduce chances for OHSS.
IUI cycles were medicated with only Clomid and ran around $600 per cycle. Egg Retrieval for freezing was a flat $11,950 per cycle excluding medications. PGS was an additional $2,000 for biopsy per cycle and $2,250 to lab (up to 8 samples). Medications ran approximately $5k per cycle. Frozen transfers are quoted at a flat $3,500 per cycle excluding medications. Medications are estimated to be $2,000 per cycle.
Since I brought up PGS testing before IVF treatment started and was clear that we preferred eSET there was little to no discussion on multiple embryo transfer.

2014 - 2017
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds...I didn't connect with the first nurse we had [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great...Dr Klein has amazing follow through - emailing me back over weekends, sometimes late at night, once while she was on vacation! - that made me feel like she was tracking me closely and cared very much about my outcome. She is a doctor who keeps current and had always heard of the latest research, often knew the doctor or clinic publishing, that I had questions about which I really appreciated. I never feel rushed and always feel like I'm getting her best.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When you call to make an appointment, there is sometimes a long wait. It's a crap shoot. When the wait is long, there's a recording "you are number X in the queue" which is annoying to hear. It's better now (16/17) than it was in 2014. Not sure what changed but seems like a simple thing to right-size.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Haley, Angie and Shannon)
I didn't connect with the first nurse we had. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We have 1 viable embryo left from a 2017 cycle. And are completely out of pocket so this is our last cycle. Knowing how much rides on this last FET, I recently brought her a list of additions to get her opinion. We went through each one and she helped me weigh the options and decide together on a course of treatment for FET that we feel comfortable with.
2014 cycle - Follistim 300, Menopur 75, Galenrlix. trigger on Day 9. 13 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertalized via ICSI, 4 made it to Day 5 to PGS test, 2 normal. First FET resulted in 7/2015 birth. Second FET in 2016 resulted in chemical. 2016 cycle - Gonal F 450, Menopur 75, Cetrotide. trigger on Day 9. 11 retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertalized with ICSI, 3 made it to Day 5 to PGS test. No normals. 2017 cycle - after being on supplements, some of which were recommended by Dr Klein. Follistim 450, Menopur 75, Ganerlix, trigger Day 9, 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertalized, 2 made it to Day 5, 1 normal. Because of my age (40), she felt the max dose was warranted. I was concerned that high meds impacted egg quality but she explained it's a numbers game - trying for as many eggs as possible because the number of normals declines rapidly as we age.
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds.
We were adamant we only transfer one at a time and did PGS to help improve our chances. She never tried to talk us out of our preferred approach.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The strengths [of SRM-Tacoma] were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
I felt very empowered as a patient like a partner in my care plan. Dr Barker was passionate about what she does and thoroughly explained each step of the process from start to finish. Very warm and welcoming demeanor. She wanted to ensure we received the best change at a positive result so she did very through testing to try to get a root cause of our not having a sustained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff, and care coordinator were very welcoming and caring. They were available to answer questions and provide support through the process. They made you feel like family.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is very caring and passionate about her work and patients. She is extremely through in her explanation and available to talk things through if further explanation is needed. I ended up having some bleeding a few days after my initial ultrasound after our successful transfer and she had me come in to have a ultrasound to see if there was a cause for the bleeding which there was a SCH. She helped reassure and put my mind at ease will also being realistic.
Be fully open with her about your expectations and hope for your fertility journey.
We did some blood tests to rule out any blood based factors, sperm analysis, scans of my insides to check for fibroids or anything else that may be contributing to my loss and difficulty becoming pregnant. HSG and saline sonogram as well which is where we discovered I had a polyp/ fibroid where they would implant the embryo so our plan of attack was surgical removal and push my IVF cycle back a month. Ended up being the best course of approach for us as that coupled with acupuncture, abdominal massage and the lupron protocol resulted in a successful sustained pregnancy.
I want to say it was roughly $12,000 for our IVF cycle however insurance covered about 90% of it.
Tacoma

Our second IUI [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was performed by two nurses? They couldn't do the procedure and refused to ask for help even though both my wife and I requested that they get a doctor. My wife was bleeding and crying. It was the complete opposite of the first IUI, which went smoothly. It seemed like they kept jabbing at her and she was flinching in pain and calling for a doctor. We both knew that they didn't know what they were doing. To this day, I have no idea what their credentials were.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is big with many branches. My wife met Dr. Letterie in Tri-Cities, WA on a rotation he does to talk with clients but all the procedures were done in Seattle. I know he goes to Spokane, too. The size might help someone who has an odd schedule? needs to visit during off-hours? We thought it was too big. We liked our doctor but he didn't perform our IUIs, it was whomever was on that day and that was upsetting. My wife said that each session they had to review our file at length to get re-adjusted to our case and didn't like that. We moved to a smaller clinic with one doctor who saw us each visit.
We enjoyed Dr. Letterie and I was hesitant to switch doctors. The problem was: we worked with whomever was on duty at the time, we were not guaranteed to work with our supervising doctor, Dr. Letterie. The atmosphere of the clinic is nice and pleasant but very large and we were at one of the many SRM branches. Staff repeatedly checked our sperm sample to make sure it was mine, which was unnerving. We had a coordinator whom we communicated with via emails and phone calls. We met with our doctor after each IUI but were generally at the hands of whomever was working that day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our second IUI was performed by two nurses? They couldn't do the procedure and refused to ask for help even though both my wife and I requested that they get a doctor. My wife was bleeding and crying. It was the complete opposite of the first IUI, which went smoothly. It seemed like they kept jabbing at her and she was flinching in pain and calling for a doctor. We both knew that they didn't know what they were doing. To this day, I have no idea what their credentials were.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My wife loved this doctor. He is very positive and encouraging. I feel, too encouraging. I don't believe he relayed our true outcome--the percentages of our success with IUI over 40. Once we left the clinic, we heard stories of patients having up to 7 IUIs before trying IVF. We are totally out of pocket and simply don't have the time or money to keep going with ineffective treatments for my wife's age (42 a the time). When we were thinking of changing clinics, we had one ultrasound at SRM and one at another clinic the same day. Dr. Letterie reported that we had almost 21 eggs to retrieve while the other doctor said 12. That's a huge difference. He's a nice guy, but I think he was too positive about our results. I'd rather have frankness so we can make informed decisions.
Dr. Letterie has a great beside manner and he will make you feel very comfortable. However, keep in mind that he may be too enthauastic about your results. For my wife and I, we didn't have the 21 eggs retrieved that he said he saw, we had 12 that were actually viable. This gave us false hope.
We completed two IUIs with Dr. Letterie at SRM. I took supplements. My wife took supplements, shots, and a trigger shot. We became pregnant after the first IUI but it resulted in an early miscarriage. We had a second IUI without results. We were the ones to push IVF versus IUI, not the doctor.
We paid $2k for each IUI, plus meds. There was a monthly storage fee for my extra sperm at $40 a month. We paid that for about a year and then terminated the agreement. The ultrasounds and bloodwork were extra.
We switched doctors for a couple of reasons: price and number of embryos they were willing to transfer once we moved to IVF. SRM would only transfer 2 embryos at a time and they preferred 1. At 42 and using my wife's eggs, we could have done that indefinetly and not had results. We couldn't afford all of those possible transfers. And, realistically, had no results. Our new doctor allowed us to transfer 5 untested embryos.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Strengths [Seattle Reproductive Med]: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic... Kimmy was excellent--available, compassionate, caring, responsive, organized, etc. When I switched to a different dr at SRM, I asked to stay with Kimmy (which I did.)
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic in Oregon.
Dr Dudley always seemed like he was in a rush. He also wasn't willing to think outside the box. He had his standard protocol. He wasn't open to or wasn't able to customize to my situation.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment. Also, he was overly confident. He said I had "above average fertility for someone my age." Yet, after 3 IVF cycles, and more than 70 eggs retrieved, he couldn't get me pregnant. He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying." He also discouraged me from going to other clinics because he said that "all labs are basically the same." I have since learned that this is not the case. I liked Dr Dudley a lot until I had disappointing results.
I would choose a different dr at SRM.
I did the antagonist cycle for a freeze all. Then I did long lupron for fresh transfer. Then (after poor results from fresh transfer), I did antagonist again.
Approx 14K per IVF cycle $3500 for FET