Seattle Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3055 112th Ave NE
509-321-5560
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 34Neutral: 12Don't recommend: 118
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I love everything about the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I love everything about the clinic EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She listened to me and asked me which treatments I wanted to pursue and never pushed me to do more than I wanted. Very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Latonya)
She is always quick to answer any questions I have and is very empathetic when a cycle has failed and she seems to genuinely care about me
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was excellent and was very patient and explained everything thoroughly. She was knowledgeable and had a plan for whatever course we were/are ready to pursue. She never pushed me to do any treatments we weren't ready for and was supportive of the research i'd done and allowed me to direct my next step(s) with her guiding me along. I highly recommend her
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be scared to tell her how and what you'd like done. She's very receptive to the research you've done and the course of treatment you see fit for your body. She's a strong advocate for listening to and knowing your own body
Describe the protocols Nancy Klein used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Weight loss (not required but recommended), levothyroxine (hypothyroidism), Femara, trigger shot, monthly ultrasounds and bloodwork. I ovulated successfully every month, got pregnant once but miscarried by angel at 6 weeks
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They billed most everything under my PCOS, so most bloodwork, ultrasounds, and medications were covered. Unfortunately, IUI and IVF will not be
Describe Nancy Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we pursue IVF, she will only allow 1 embryo to be transferred at a time. That is my biggest complaint and fear. I strongly feel and want to transfer 2.
Tacoma
The main offices are beautiful, but parking can be tricky. There is a paid parking garage underneath building, but you can sometimes find street parking — especially on the weekends. They are open almost every day of the year and are pretty responsive. I was also very impressed with how quickly they got me into appointments. I waited for 25 minutes one time and the receptionist apologized and gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card for the inconvenience. I feel like they do really value their patients' time and everyone is very respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is very easy going, is great at explaining things, and keeps a light-heartedness to something that could be very stressful. I didn't feel pressured to do anything or take on treatments I didn't whole-heartedly want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was great dealing with my neurotic emails. A lot of the nursing staff was nice and seemed perfectly capable of performing the procedures; it didn't seem like that big of a deal that they weren't with my doctor. Some of the nursing staff was friendlier and more experienced than others, though. For instance, the nurse who did my first IUI insemination couldn't get the speculum inserted properly and took about 5 jabs at my vaginal canal before getting it in. Ouch! :(
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Our over-all experience with Dr. Dudley was positive. He's warm, easy to talk to, and positive. He reviewed our records and thought that we could start off by trying IUI and an HSG. During our first visit, we felt no sales pressure to use him or SRM, which was really nice. I saw Dr. Dudley only two times after our initial appointment during three rounds of IUI and an HSG. This might be hard to follow if you're not familiar with thyroid, TSH, and thyroid meds, but here it goes: Dr. Dudley wanted me to drop my thyroid medication dosage because he felt that it was too strong for me. That resulted in my TSH going too high. When I asked for my original prescription dosage from the nurse, she said I shouldn't be on that dosage because it was too strong for me. That left my TSH too high. My endocrinologist, who primarily manages my thyroid, saw that my numbers weren't right and adjusted me back to a higher dose than Dr. Dudley prescribed which lowered my TSH to a good range for pregnancy. My endocrinologist wants the numbers in a good range before conception, so I decided to follow her prescription.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He's a great doctor. You won't feel any pressure from him, so go for it! Manage your thyroid levels with your own endocrinologist.
Describe the protocols Paul Dudley used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After an all-clear HSG, we did 3 IUIs. The first IUI was with .25 Letrozole during the first half of my cycle then a trigger shot after an ultrasound to look at follicle size and lining thickness. For the second IUI, they stepped up the original protocol with a day-9 Gonal-F trigger shot and progesterone capsules taken vaginally after the insemination. That resulted in two nice looking follicles but no positive pregnancy test. For the third IUI, we followed the same protocol. BFN. The one thing that bothered me about this clinic is that they only want you to do home pregnancy tests — no blood beta. This was a bit unnerving because taking progesterone vaginally can delay your period but you are supposed to stop taking them if you have a negative home pregnancy test. I'd be left without a period for a few days thinking that maybe the home pregnancy test didn't work or maybe I was one of those women who did produce enough HCG to show up on a pregnancy test. My fear was that somehow I was pregnant and because I stopped taking the progesterone, I would miscarry. I felt like a simple blood test would've given me peace of mind and less stress. I would've happily paid the extra money to do this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
An IUI cycle was $600-800 — not including medication.
Endometriosis, PCOS
They [SRM] have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very kind and she explains things to you so you can understand them. She holds your hand through it all and is extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Walker)
My nurse is beyond exceptional. She actually stepped back and isn’t in charge of patients as much now but I consider her a huge part of my life and am so thankful for her. The entire nursing staff is amazing. They all know you and care to. They cheer you on and help with any problem or question you may have. They are kind and amazing at their jobs.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing her partner the first round and he moved away and I was transferred to her service. I was nervous at first because I loved her partner as a doctor and hadn’t met her yet. The moment I met her my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would recommend her and let them know they will be treated with the utmost respect and feel as though they’re her only patient because of the care she gives you.
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs. It got pushed back a couple times because she wanted them to grow a little bit longer which was great. I was on an antagonist protocol. My medicines were menopur, gonal-f, oral estrace, endometrin.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have an option to buy with an outside program called Attain. I chose to do this because I did the buy 3 refund option where if I don’t bring a baby home I am refunded all of my money, for $27,500. Also medication each round varies from 1,000-4,000.
PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths would be that they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.... Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths would be that they don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.
Dr. Houmard and her entire staff are very friendly and personable. They treat us like we are their only patients every time we are in the office!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They are wonderful, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I couldn’t ask for a better office to be a patient at.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We don’t see Dr. Houmard every time we have an appointment but when do she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer our questions. She oversees each cycle and adjusts things as needed each time. We do see her for follow ups every few months and so far I am happy with our decision to use her as our doctor.
Don’t except to see her with every single visit.
After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point. She started me on a med that I can’t remember the name of but it gets you to start your period. I haven’t had to take this med again since then because my body has started on its own. Then she has me take 10mg of Letrozole for five days and then a couple days later in my cycle I give myself an 150 of GonalF that is suppose to trigger your follicles to grow. I usually will go in around cycle day 15 for an ultrasound to see if there are a follicle that is at the right size for for the next injection called Ovidrel which triggers your bony to ovulate. This is also all in conjunction with times intercourse. Three of my cycles we also did an IUI. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get pregnant yet but I can tell that my body is working correctly now and that gives me hope that it will happen eventually.
Our insurance actually covered a lot more of our coats then I expected but it’s not cheap by any means. Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM. They are still about $160 for both the GonalF and Ovidrel. Semen analysis is only about $40 out of pocket. IUIs are not covered for us and we’re about $700 each. We are currently saving up for IVF that will be about $18,000 but will also be applying to finance about half of it.
Spokane Valley
Shannon is an amazing nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a large clinic with a number of docs, nurses, and staff, but I did NOT feel like a “number.” I felt our treatment was individualized and the clinic is a well-oiled machine. No, Dr Klein doesn’t do every ultrasound - but I was perfectly comfortable with the ultrasound techs. The techs were professional, experienced, and kind. I did have to take my own notes during the ultrasound (egg retrieval cycle) so I could tell my husband the follicle sizes, but the gals were very understanding and made sure I had everything I needed/wanted (including photos of my ovaries before retrieval!) the blood draw techs were amazing and I loved that I could go to Bellevue or Seattle depending on scheduling. It was so fun meeting with the embryologist on transfer day and we will forever cherish the picture we have of our embryo!!!
Dr. Klein is compassionate, caring, and honest. She listens and makes sure to answer each and every question. She truly cares about you as a patient and is involved in each level of your treatment and plan. I needed to have surgery to remove my tubes, but the surgeon didn’t recommend surgery so she came up with an alternate plan and was encouraging even though I was disappointed I couldn’t have the surgery. I never felt like a “number,” she always knew the details of my history and treatment plan when we met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Jakubowski)
Shannon is an amazing nurse and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I am so incredibly thankful for Dr Klein. Her compassion, honesty, caring, patience, and experience is second to none. My diagnosis is due to some very complex medical history and she took the time to understand my history. She was very honest about our options and how we could proceed. She was patient and understanding when we wanted to take some time between diagnosis and treatment to adjust our supplements, diet, and emotionally deal with our diagnosis. I was incredibly thankful she did my egg retrieval as she was able to discover some info on my anatomy that was helpful for my transfer. She didn’t do my transfer, but Dr Thyer was amazing and I felt very comfortable at transfer. Graduating from our clinic was bittersweet - I cried as we will truly miss Dr Klein!!!
Have a list of questions with you to ask and discuss! She takes the time to make sure you understand and all questions are answered. You can also send questions via the portal, she is very responsive!
As we did a freeze all cycle (we thought I’d need another surgery before transfer), she was a bit more aggressive with my dosing - 300 iu of gonal-f, 75 iu menopur, plus cetrotide. Dosed for 9 days. Ended up with 12 eggs, 10 were mature, 7 fertilized (with ICSI as my husband was 37 at the time), 2 embryos frozen and biopsied on day 5 and 1 embryo frozen and biopsied on day 6. 2 of the 3 embryos were normal (one from day 5, plus the day 6). Dr Klein said this was very normal/typical and we had adjusted my protocol if we needed to do a second round. We did not as our frozen transfer (3 months after retrieval) was successful and I’m pregnant (15 weeks, Singleton, single embryo transfer, all genetic tests are normal)! We still have one frozen embryo. My FET was medicated - with endometrin, PIO, and estradiol.
Frozen cycle: 11,950. FET: 3,500.
Dr Klein strongly recommended single embryo transfer as I have a ton of abdominal scars and scar tissue, and a twin pregnancy would be super high risk. I agreed and my OB was in 100% agreement - she was also against a multiple embryo transfer.
20 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved... Elsa was my rock, she honestly was my biggest support system and she responded to all my questions and followed up with my daily and I never felt like she had any other patients she knew my statistics, charts and treatments like the back of her hand
20 Eggs Frozen
European, East Asian, South Asian
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved however I was self pay so I did not have to deal with her that much, she didnt exactly tell me about discount programs, options etc...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very calm and patient and understood my background and my body before giving me information and statistics, she catered the treatment to me and my needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She ha a great bedside manner and is very informative without being too technical, it is like talking to your best friend who is a specialist in a field you need information on! she was very patient and welcoming and positive
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
ask a lot of questions and and express your goals and how many eggs, embryos or treatments you would like to have or can afford and your expectations on communication and treatment
Describe the protocols Amy Criniti used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
on my first appointment she took it from informational to real life and asked for me to do an ultrasound and bloodwork so she could see exactly where I was with my fertility, my treatment plan from day 1 was catered to my goals and needs, i wanted to freeze 20 eggs i told her on day 1 and I was able to do that exact number with her help
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
6500 for egg retrieval, care, blood draws, procedure and monitoring and medications were separate
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Everything ran like clock work [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience...We wanted to be very conservative in our IVF approach-We would only fertilize two eggs at a time and any embryos resulting would be transferred (no frozen embryos). Dr Letterie never once questioned us or pushed us to be more liberal in our approach even though it would take longer. He was extremely respectful of our wishes.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything ran like clock work. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Thompson)
Sarah was an absolute gem, just like Dr Letterie. Sarah moves to a different position right before we had our BETA test and she continued to be my follow up person because she was so hopeful for us and wanted to see us through our entire cycle
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Letterie is kind and gentle but also extremely intelligent. He listened to each of our concerns about IVF without ever feeling like we were rushed and he answered every single question with us until we were satisfied. We wrote and re-wrote every plan together as a team. Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Prepare to be “wow-ed”! His level of intelligence regarding fertility is hugely impressive and his patience and bed side manner are incredible!
Describe the protocols Gerard Letterie used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I used gonal-f injections along with menopur and certotide to prepare for egg retrieval. We retrieved 18 eggs. 2 of those eggs were fertilized and 6 did not survive/were not mature. 10 were frozen. We did not want to create as many embryos as we could because we believe each one is a life so we froze eggs and sperm separately. Out of those two embryos, neither survived and we took a break. When we started again, I began on estrace pills 3 times per day for the first few days of my cycle and then added progesterone in oil shots once per day and vaginal progesterone suppositories twice a day to prepare for a possible embryo transfer. We thawed two more eggs and they were fertilized with ICSI. Both fertilized and both survived to day 5. Both embryos were transferred resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were from out of town-About 4.5 hours from the office. So we did all of our monitoring through a local lab and they got everything to Dr Letterie.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We did have some insurance coverage and Kenzie was phenomenal at maximizing those! She explained when we should pay out of pocket vs when to use insurance to get the best rates possible. She was easy to get ahold of and always quick to respond. She was a lifesaver with finances.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Often I would not get phone calls with test results. And when I would call they [Seattle Reproductive Med] would then apologize and then give me these results.... Strengths: Professional, organized, clean. Challenges: I question their lab and how good it really is - the success rates arent very high, sometimes the medical assistants were insensitive to what was going on talking about babies and pregnancy (which was often hard to hear), I sometimes felt like a number not a person.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She is very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hailey (last name?))
Strengths: informative, organized Challenges: indifferent with results, not a lot of compassion
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths: kind, compassionate, smart, took my case seriously, utilized her peers to consult for advice on treatment, optimistic, very available and quick to respond to emails. Challenges: didn't every really change my treatment protocol, which after three failed retrievals I would of thought she would, which is why I eventually left her. She wasn't as aggressive as I would of liked. She never recommended any sort of supplements or anything. She was a little indifferent about my recurrent failure.
She is good but if you have one or two failures with her I would seek advice from another clinic and doctor, one with a very good reputation for aggressive treatment.
The first two treatments were focused on stmulating the most possible eggs, which worked well, I indeed had many eggs. however, the issue was the egg quality as the embryos often began deteriorating on day 4-6 of development. The third cycle she took a different approach which was a less aggressive stimulation but longer, to see if that would improve the egg quality, but it did not have different results. I still had a high number of eggs retrieved and no good embryos as of day 5-6.
We spent about $45,000 out of pocket in 2017 for three rounds of IVF.
She had a very strong prefernce to only transfer one embryo at a time. She also never recommended PGS/D, so this was always something I disagreed with her about. She had the attitutde that PGS/D made no difference in the end, but in my mind it made a huge difference, as undergoing failed transfers because the embryo s bad is earth shattering. I think she doesn't quite realize the impact a failed transfer has on the psych.
PCOS, Unexplained
Never had to wait excessively long [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and always so accommodating to scheduling needs...The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed...The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is pretty amazing. My one complaint is that it’s in a very dense part of the city without a lot of parking. There is an attached garage but when you are going several times a week, paying for parking (on top of an IVF cycle) got to be quite expensive.
Personal connection and human conversation. Never had to wait excessively long and always so accommodating to scheduling needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kahlia Aposhian)
The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed. One of the scariest parts of IVF aid the liming cost vs what insurance will cover. The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Klein was so warm and inviting and didn’t make me feel like my infertility was my fault. She presented many options, was patient and kind and had the highest standards for the care she provided. Though an extremely scientific process, Dr Klein never made my treatment feel too clinical or sterile.
Be upfront with your goals and timelines if they are important to you. Listen to her advice and try not to get too far in the weeds of “what if’s”. She advised IVF early on but because I knew more about IUI, I opted to try that several times first. Turns out, they were a waste of time and money and IVF was inevitable. I wish I would have listened to HER rather than friends/family/societal norms.
Out of pocket, I think the cost for my cycle ended up being about $4k, but I had great insurance that had a $20k infertility lifetime coverage.
Dr Klein did recommend a single embryo transfer, which I was surprised by since you hear about so many IVF pregnancies with multiples.
Seattle
The scheduling staff [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was unorganized and we experienced long waits and even saw others turned away from scheduling errors. The nurses were great in all aspects. The patient portal was very user-friendly.... We waited over and hour for our appointment because the prior appointment was incorrectly scheduled as a short time slot for a follow up rather than new patient.... [nurse] is highly knowledgeable and provided detailed feedback/explanations that were easily understood.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The scheduling staff was unorganized and we experienced long waits and even saw others turned away from scheduling errors. The nurses were great in all aspects. The patient portal was very user-friendly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Lack of willingness to help with a plan we were comfortable with, lack of bedside manners, algorithm created with incorrect personal data
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burchell)
Kimmy Burchell was my main point of contact/communication. She was prompt and thorough. Kimmy was familiar with my chart and provided positive encouragement for alternative treatment options. She is highly knowledgeable and provided detailed feedback/explanations that were easily understood.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She spent our consultation reviewing all the potential infertility possibilities in great depth. This was overwhelming and in the end only our diagnosis was relevant so time wasted. She did most of the talking and didn’t save much time for us to ask questions. During my AFC scam she announced she wasn’t finding any follicles, which was extremely upsetting, and then after a bit more searching she found them. She preformed this year mid-cycle, which I’ve since learned is not the best time for this test/scan. Once diagnosed with DOR, she pushed for us to go straight to IVF with no other options provided. When we expressed that we were not ready to go straight to IVF and asked what other options we have. Dr. Kennedy said, “well I guess you could do Letrozole with timed intercourse.” No monitoring or follow up. She provided a report for our chances/odds of IVF and IUI but the personal information/data she used was not accurate. We felt she was only interested in working with us if we did IVF. Since seeing her, I’ve been retested (1 year later) and all numbers are slightly better. My OAR ERS is 10 (fair 6-10, good 11-15), AMH 1.12, FSH 6.56 at age 33.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t see her
Describe the protocols Janet Kennedy used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She prescribed Letrozole 2.5mg times cycle days 3-7 with times intercourse. That was all the direction. No follow up or monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Patient costs (after Ins) to see doctor was just shy of $1000 for initial consultation with doctor, blood tests, AFC, HSG, and follow-up with doctor.
Describe Janet Kennedy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Janet Kennedy
PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they [Seattle Repro Med] were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.).... They switched systems while we were there, and didn't communicate new procedures which meant we almost lost $1,000 in the old system.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.). It's painful to deal with them.
With Dr. Dudley, we felt important-we never felt rushed, and we felt genuine care. Some of the nurses less so, but with Dr. Dudley we definitely felt human, and not like we were just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We soon realized that we had to know our stuff with the nurse we were assigned to. So we did tons of research. She would assume we knew everything, but this was our first time doing IVF. Things like what you should and shouldn't do, for example. We felt like she was a necessary requirement of the clinic, but didn't really provide us with support. We did that on our own-luckily we loved our dr so we stayed.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley had a great balance of being straightforward and realistic, while also being very optimistic and positive. We always left realizing that while we had a long road to go, but also feeling that we would get pregnant. He would tell us his personal opinion on what he would do and why, but always empowered us to make the decisions.
Ask lots of questions!
We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI, the embryos were left to develop for 5 days and then all embryos were frozen. Dr. Dudley performed my egg retrieval. I then had a frozen embryo transfer (1 embryo) that another dr. performed. It resulted in a negative. We transferred another frozen embryo (1 again), and it resulted in a pregnancy!
We were lucky and our insurance covered our treatments up to a certain amount. We had co-pays still so it was still pricey, but we were covered. We used up our $15,000 benefit, and probably paid $5-8,000 out of pocket for all of our treatments and drugs.
Describe Paul Dudley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He feels strongly about eSET, but is willing to transfer two if that's your preference.
Seattle
The network of nurses and other support personnel [Seattle Repro Med] were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this....The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The network of nurses and other support personnel were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions. Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was assigned a nurse from the first appointment and communicated with her regularly over the next several months (I don't remember her name mainly because I'm terrible with names -- it might have been Katie). I saw her almost every time I went into the office for any treatments, and she was my main point of communication for questions during the various cycles. I have nothing but good things to say about her!
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She seemed knowledgeable and compassionate when I met with her. I always had lots of questions, and those questions were answered. I did not get pregnant, but I never felt that was due to poor treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure to schedule an appointment specifically with the doctor if/when there are major questions -- the support staff are amazing with the day-to-day, so it's easy to forget that the doctor is there to talk about the major treatment options.
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
There were no indications of infertility (other than age), so we started with unmedicated IUI treatments for the first few months. When those did not work, I added letrozole for a couple of months. After meeting with Dr. Cho, we decided to add fertility injections (keeping the letrozole as well) and a trigger shot before the IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance was good at the time, so costs were manageable. Even copays were in the hundreds of dollars, however, so it did cost a lot of money -- without insurance, I assume this would be extremely expensive.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Dr. Houmard was empathetic throughout treatment until the last cycle. She was clear that due to diminished ovarian reserve treatment options with own egg might be limited. She was willing to treat us though she never offered to vary from one protocol. She also a few times gave extremely devastating information either via email, or over the phone without offering any followup.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing care at the clinic was amazing. Very organized, always available. Very helpful in trying to explain the physician's rational if there was something I didn't understand.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think she is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point. Unfortunately as the patient at that point in time I did not know that those were routine things done at most practices to prevent poor outcomes. Perhaps if you are doing standard IVF or IUI with her, your treatment outcome might be better, but I do not recommend for those with more difficult problems to overcome. They lower the price of mini IVF, but don't actually do enough monitoring to make you successful.
Don't do mini IVF with her.
Mini IVF- No baseline ultrasound or labs. Letrazole 5mg CD 3-7, Follistim 150 units CD 6-8. Start Ganirelix CD 8. No labs checked, ultrasound CD 9. Zero labs checked prior to retrieval. Ultrasound to measure follicle size only. Birth control pills for cycle batching (also bad for DOR). Results = all dismal.
Mini IVF cycle was $13,600, ultrasounds $330 unless you are a tech patient then they are $400.
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Spokane Valley
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door, I felt that the treatment I was receiving was tailored to my needs and my body. She was great at explaining all of the information in a kind manner that made sense and made my husband and I feel very comfortable with the care that was going to be provided. She and her staff really took time with us and allowed us to ask questions freely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses that we have dealt with are so personal and compassionate. They are great at responding quickly through the patient portal and over the phone to concerns. Anytime that I would let them know that I had a negative pregnancy test they were compassionate and gave their apologies that the cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. The nursing staff is helpful, communicates well, addresses questions, is friendly, and gives personal service.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment. She made my husband and I feel that she was truly interested in helping us and took the time to make sure she understood our medical histories well and what our goals were. I really appreciate Dr. Cho and her honesty and her approach to practicing medicine.
Come prepared with questions you may have for her because she is willing to take the time to answer your questions and concerns (if it isn't something she already covered).
My husband and I had had 5 failed IUI cycles in a different city. Dr. Cho reviewed all of our records from those treatments. Based on our medical history she recommended a slightly different course of IUI treatment, but a far more thorough course. We told her that we wanted to take a couple of months without IUI before we restarted again, so she recommended that I take clomid and track my cycles with OPKs and let them know every month is I got my cycle. The clomid cycles (which I had never attempted before) didn't work for us. We then did an IUI cycle, with clomid and ultrasound monitoring. I was ovulating on my own and didn't need to give any trigger injections. Based on the OPK results and ultrasound results we did an IUI (with clomid before) and then began prometrium a couple of days after the IUI. No pregnancy. For the second IUI with Dr. Cho she had me stop the clomid (i was having some not fun side effects) and change to letrozole with an FSH trigger injection on CD9. Then OPK and ultrasound again, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. IUI #3 she wanted to try and stimulate my follicles slightly differently based on my ultrasound results last cycle. I took letrozole again, FSH shot again, OPKs, ultrasound and triggered with ovidrel, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. Dr. Cho wanted us to attempt 3 assisted IUI cycles with her office and then wanted to have a consult again if we weren't successful. We met with her recently since we have had 3 assisted IUI cycles with SRM, and 5 IUI cycles with another practice. We are now looking at IVF since we have unexplained infertility.
One IUI cycle (not including medications) for one ultrasound and the insemination (including cost of lab to prep the semen) was $600. One IVF cycle with egg retrieval is estimated to cost around $13,500.00 without medications which are estimated to cost an additional $3000-6000 depending on the individual patient's needs.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic needs flexible hours to accommodate those clients that work.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have autoimmune diseases and a complicated history of Lyme's disease. My doctor was given an extensive and comprehensive medical history. I asked multiple times to take these things into consideration and to give me personalized treatment based on this information. This was never done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Blackorby)
My nurse was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Both my partner and myself felt like cattle, being run through the clinic with no individualized attention and part of a cog in a wheel for the clinic to make money. While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility. I researched this on my own and since have gotten a second option from a doctor who has explained this to me and is in the process of putting me on a treatment program that is specific to my medical issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research and insist on individual treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Barker. The first round was using letrozole with Ovidreal injection. The next two times, using estrogen injections, Ovidreal trigger injection with 200 mg of progesterone vaginally daily.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
In total, our out of pocket costs were approx $2,500
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
None
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
An unforeseen finding required that we be referred to another sub-specialist and that referral process was very drawn out and delayed, we feel Dr Letterie and his team [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] did not have the same since of urgency that we did. It took 3 plus weeks to receive imaging results (after we were told we would have results within 48 hours of the imaging). After calling on a weekly basis inquiring about the results we were told to go to the imaging center ourselves to get the results. Overall we were told conflicting information and there was an extreme delay in communicating very sensitive results. It was very stressful and disheartening.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: several locations with weekend and evening hours, fairly easy and fast to get an appointment, online patient portal was easy to use. Financial counselors were very helpful. Weaknesses: you have to pay for parking, this is a large clinic and in some ways it felt a bit impersonal
I would say I was treated slightly more like a number than a human. Our nurse was not good at communicating information or returning phone calls. Throughout our work up we found unexpected results requiring surgery and we feel this information was not communicated in a timely manner or in a compassionate/empathetic manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
We struggled greatly with our assigned nurse coordinator. Weaknesses included: not following through on communicating when she said she would (via email or phone call), not timely in coordinating care, when we received bad news she minimized and negated our feelings of being shocked and scared. We felt unheard and that our care was not a priority.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Initially Dr Letterie was very compassionate, thorough and articulate in communicating our treatment plan. We feel like this shifted when we got unexpected results at which point we felt that communication was not timely or consistent. There was a lack of urgency in developing a modified treatment plan and getting us referred to the appropriate physicians to manage our unexpected results. We also feel that the empathy and compassion in communication trailed off when unexpected results occurred.
Be proactive in advocating for yourself and your medical needs.
Describe Gerard Letterie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were strongly encouraged to do a single embryo transfer
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
The clinic [SRM] is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting...The errors made by my coordinator in scheduling and ordering medications, gave me the impression that I was another patient ID and not relating to me as a person with specific requests for my treatment...The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
From what I can gather from other folk's experiences, the clinic is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting. You won't see your primary doctor often, but you do have the ability to get questions routed to them via the portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa Haile)
The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check all scheduling, confirm instructions repeatedly, and keep an active watch over prescription doses and amounts so I could notify her with enough time to get refills with out it resulting in me paying rush fees. My following up, due to my lack of confidence in her ability, seemed to generate annoyance from her.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very personable and compassionate and was understanding of my desire to understand the scientific specifics about my treatment plan. She set realistic expectations from the onset. I found her manner reassuring and lacking any evidence to the contrary, I trust her abilities.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and self-advocate. There are aspects of my treatment plan that were included, but I only knew that because I asked about them. There might be things you want to explore that aren't offered up by the doctor.
Describe the protocols Lynn Davis used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger (Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide). This seemed to be the standard protocol and there were only minor adjustments to medications to address data that was only available after the first cycle. Overall results seem to be about as expected. Lupron trigger was to reduce chances for OHSS.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
IUI cycles were medicated with only Clomid and ran around $600 per cycle. Egg Retrieval for freezing was a flat $11,950 per cycle excluding medications. PGS was an additional $2,000 for biopsy per cycle and $2,250 to lab (up to 8 samples). Medications ran approximately $5k per cycle. Frozen transfers are quoted at a flat $3,500 per cycle excluding medications. Medications are estimated to be $2,000 per cycle.
Describe Lynn Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Since I brought up PGS testing before IVF treatment started and was clear that we preferred eSET there was little to no discussion on multiple embryo transfer.
2014 - 2017
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds...I didn't connect with the first nurse we had [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great...Dr Klein has amazing follow through - emailing me back over weekends, sometimes late at night, once while she was on vacation! - that made me feel like she was tracking me closely and cared very much about my outcome. She is a doctor who keeps current and had always heard of the latest research, often knew the doctor or clinic publishing, that I had questions about which I really appreciated. I never feel rushed and always feel like I'm getting her best.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When you call to make an appointment, there is sometimes a long wait. It's a crap shoot. When the wait is long, there's a recording "you are number X in the queue" which is annoying to hear. It's better now (16/17) than it was in 2014. Not sure what changed but seems like a simple thing to right-size.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Haley, Angie and Shannon)
I didn't connect with the first nurse we had. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We have 1 viable embryo left from a 2017 cycle. And are completely out of pocket so this is our last cycle. Knowing how much rides on this last FET, I recently brought her a list of additions to get her opinion. We went through each one and she helped me weigh the options and decide together on a course of treatment for FET that we feel comfortable with.
2014 cycle - Follistim 300, Menopur 75, Galenrlix. trigger on Day 9. 13 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertalized via ICSI, 4 made it to Day 5 to PGS test, 2 normal. First FET resulted in 7/2015 birth. Second FET in 2016 resulted in chemical. 2016 cycle - Gonal F 450, Menopur 75, Cetrotide. trigger on Day 9. 11 retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertalized with ICSI, 3 made it to Day 5 to PGS test. No normals. 2017 cycle - after being on supplements, some of which were recommended by Dr Klein. Follistim 450, Menopur 75, Ganerlix, trigger Day 9, 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertalized, 2 made it to Day 5, 1 normal. Because of my age (40), she felt the max dose was warranted. I was concerned that high meds impacted egg quality but she explained it's a numbers game - trying for as many eggs as possible because the number of normals declines rapidly as we age.
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds.
We were adamant we only transfer one at a time and did PGS to help improve our chances. She never tried to talk us out of our preferred approach.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Strengths [Seattle Reproductive Med]: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic... Kimmy was excellent--available, compassionate, caring, responsive, organized, etc. When I switched to a different dr at SRM, I asked to stay with Kimmy (which I did.)
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic in Oregon.
Dr Dudley always seemed like he was in a rush. He also wasn't willing to think outside the box. He had his standard protocol. He wasn't open to or wasn't able to customize to my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment. Also, he was overly confident. He said I had "above average fertility for someone my age." Yet, after 3 IVF cycles, and more than 70 eggs retrieved, he couldn't get me pregnant. He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying." He also discouraged me from going to other clinics because he said that "all labs are basically the same." I have since learned that this is not the case. I liked Dr Dudley a lot until I had disappointing results.
I would choose a different dr at SRM.
I did the antagonist cycle for a freeze all. Then I did long lupron for fresh transfer. Then (after poor results from fresh transfer), I did antagonist again.
Approx 14K per IVF cycle $3500 for FET
Dr Dudley is a fan of eSET..which I am too
PCOS, Unexplained
SRM has multiple locations in this area which is really nice. The Bellevue location was the most convenient for me, but the Kirkland and Seattle locations weren't too far away either. All of the staff that we worked with at all three locations were professional but friendly and approachable. There were times the waiting room would be full but it felt more like a community versus crowded or like the clinic was ill prepared. We felt well taken care of at each stage no matter which location we were at.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Letterie spent as much time as needed with us and never made us feel like we were taking up too much of his day. My husband and I are both the type to need to know all of the details and Dr. Letterie answered all of our questions and drew diagrams to help us remember all of the new information once we went home. He was positive and upbeat while also being realistic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina Vasquez)
Justina (Tina) was accessible and personable. She was available through secured email on their website at all times and when she was out she had a backup nurse who would respond in her place. She made our experience so much smoother because we didn't have to do much work at all. She coordinated appointments and reminded us of when to start certain parts of our treatment and who to contact for specific questions.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is friendly and personable while also being extremely experienced and professional. He, and his team, made us feel like we were the only patients they were working with every time we went in for an appointment or called with a question. Dr. Letterie was kind and patient in how he explained our potential fertility issues and each stage of us trying to conceive. He remained positive but realistic which helped us get through the failed attempts until we reached IVF which was successful on our first try. A month after our baby was born, Dr. Letterie had his team reach out to us to say congratulations and to ask us how we were doing.
Go into your appointments ready to learn because he will make all of the procedures easy to understand even for someone with no medical knowledge.
We started by making sure I was ovulating and that my tubes were in working order. Once that was determined not to be our problem Dr. Letterie checked my husbands sperm count to check that off of our list. We progressed to tracking my ovulation and taking medication to speed up my ovulation due to my long cycles and overabundance of follicles. We then did IUI to try and get the timing correct for fertilization. When that wasn't successful, my husband and I took some time off to regroup and Dr. Letterie was very kind and understanding about that. Finally, we moved onto the IVF process which resulted in a live singleton on our first try and 15 healthy embryos frozen and waiting for us when we are ready for our second.
It was expensive, but not quite as bad as I had anticipated. Dr. Letterie and his finance team were up front about what costs would look like and they went over the best options for us. There was a program to make monthly payments so the cost wasn't such a shock and there was separate option which was ideal for a family that would have a specific course of treatment. We felt well informed on our options and figuring out what worked best for us.
After our journey, I was hesitant to only transfer one embryo. What if just one didn't take and we had to have another month of disappointment and then another month of waiting and anxious anticipation? Dr. Letterie explained that carrying a baby wasn't an issue for me and if we implanted two embryos that we would have twins. He was absolutely correct with this plan because our single embryo implanted on our first try!
Kirkland
They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner [at Seattle Repro Med - Kirkland]. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed...Nurses were responsive and helpful educating and providing information with each cycle. Sometimes I had to follow up and or remind my primary nurse. I enjoyed my interactions with other nurses that covered over the weekend over my primary...
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed.
Dr. Cho was very responsive to my individual needs and requests. She accommodated my schedule and moved as quickly as we could to complete a successful cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho was always positive but always realistic with explanations. She was compassionate but didn't sugar coat the realities, risks, and expectations. She provided statisycs as well as her expert opinions when needed in a helpful manner. I wish she could have been my OB throughout my entire pregnancy.
Ask the hard questions, understand where you as a specific patient fall with regards to realistic expectations and outcomes.
IUI with clomid x5 cycles- Dr. Cho recommended IVF sooner but we wanted to ensure a good try with IUI. IVF with ICSI - x2 fresh cycles - cycle 1 wasn't as successful with retrieval as we hoped. This resulted with a chemical and 1 frozen. I did an immediate 2nd cycle making changes to simulation medications with a much more successful retrieval with a successful fresh transfer and multiple frozen embryos.
$30,000 for a fresh IVF with ICSI. This included medications.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] are open even on weekends to accommodate people who work normal shifts and ovulation schedules. They are friendly while scheduling and always very caring when you go in. You can tell they care about what they do and how they do it. We had great experiences at both the Kirkland and Seattle locations.... My primary nurse followed up with me every month around the time my cycle started over and made sure I had appointments to see them around the time I was ovulating. She was very organized, caring and efficient.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are open even on weekends to accommodate people who work normal shifts and ovulation schedules. They are friendly while scheduling and always very caring when you go in. You can tell they care about what they do and how they do it. We had great experiences at both the Kirkland and Seattle locations.
Dr. Criniti was very warm and comforting and always explained all of my options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Criniti was very warm and comforting and always explained things clearly. She was very sensitive to my personal beliefs and went out of her way to help us grow our family. I had no issues with her. My husband and I choose to take a step back from treatment and are planning on going to see her again in a month to discuss our next step.
I would definitely recommend seeing her! She is great!
She ran several tests, first on my husband to make sure he was healthy and his sperm count was normal. Then on me to try and figure out why I was having infertility issues. Ultrasounds, tests to make sure my fallopian tubes weren't blocked and then she started me on Letrozole because it is supposed to also help endometriosis symptoms (which it did). I was on that for around 12 months. During that time they monitored my cycles closely and did ultrasounds to see when I was ovulating. I ovulate regularly but on Letrozole I had two eggs mature several times. During the 12 months, when we could afford it we did a series of two IUI's which were not successful. She then suggested surgery as, in my previous testing, they found a endometrial cyst on one ovary and a slight uterus septum. After surgery she suggested another IUI which was also unsuccessful. So her next recommendation was IVF but my husband and I decided to step back at that point.
Prices were fair. They billed my insurance if able.
Describe Amy Criniti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have not discussed this yet with our Doctor
Kirkland
A major weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is the wait time to see the doctor once there. Several times I had appointments during my lunch hour and would end up sitting in the waiting room sometimes up to 25 minutes after my scheduled appointment. I felt like in general the doctors and staff were not always on the same page and I would sometimes get confused with another patient's treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I would say one strength would be their ability to schedule your first appointment very quickly. A major weakness is the wait time to see the doctor once there. Several times I had appointments during my lunch hour and would end up sitting in the waiting room sometimes up to 25 minutes after my scheduled appointment. I felt like in general the doctors and staff were not always on the same page and I would sometimes get confused with another patient's treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During my visits with Dr. Thayer I found her to be rather cold. She was the first to diagnose me with PCOS and I was quite emotional after finding out that I had it. She didn't seem very warm with her delivery.
During my time at SRM the nurses confused my treatment plan on more than one occasion. I had to ask them to contact the doctor to confirm my plan.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I felt that Dr. Thayer over-promised what I should expect. I was told that I would be pregnant by the "end of the year" during my January appointment. That did not happen and quite frankly I don't know how she could be so sure of this before I'd undergone the full array of testing. I believe I only actually met with her twice, but I recall leaving in tears every time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You should have thick skin which is sometimes very hard when dealing with such an emotional issue like infertility. Also do not expect to see her at every visit.
Describe the protocols Angela Thyer used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The first treatment strategy prescribed was a high dose of Femara and timed intercourse. After 4 rounds this did not result in a pregnancy. The side effects were so bad that I asked to have my dosage lowered, but was denied and only given the option of another drug.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It has been two years since I was a patient at SRM so I do not remember the exact cost. Also during the time I was a patient my insurance covered infertility expenses.
Describe Angela Thyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
2012 - 2015
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I can't praise them [the staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] enough. It's kind of hard to know exactly what to say when I think they are just amazing at what they do and amazing people who sincerely care about their patients. I think that's a big part for me as an infertile and many others I know, that our Drs really, truly care and want to see our dreams come true. It means the world and they mean the world to me because they gave me my world, my beautiful boy.
2012 - 2015
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have had successes with them [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] resulting in blessing us with our sweet 2 year boy, and we have had fails with them, a negative ivf and a positive fet resulting in miscarriage. And still I feel so strongly that they have got me pregnant once, they will do it again, when I'm ready. I can't praise them enough. It's kind of hard to know exactly what to say when I think they are just amazing at what they do and amazing people who sincerely care about their patients. I think that's a big part for me as an infertile and many others I know, that our Drs really, truly care and want to see our dreams come true. It means the world and they mean the world to me because they gave me my world, my beautiful boy.
The entire staff treated both my husband and I with kindness and care. They were empathetic and understanding and answered all our questions in detail and no question was too silly for them. All of my emails and calls were answered and returned promptly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: lindsay craig)
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis was always very kind and made my husband and I feel comfortable. She answered all of our questions in a way we felt like she was a friend and no question was ever too silly. The same goes for our nurse coordinator, Lindsay Craig. Most of the time I dealt with Lindsay and anytime I needed her she was available whether over the phone or emails. The longest I ever waited for a response was by the end of the day. She was very prompt. My husband and I never felt like we were just a job for Dr Davis or Lindsay. We were people that they cared about. I tell all of my friends who are struggling with infertility to not waste another second and go see Dr. Davis. I think she is an amazing Dr. She wasted no time in coming up with our protocol and when it didn't work the first time she knew just what to do the next time by adding in icsi.
Ivf with icsi was 13,000 not including meds. Iui were around 2,000.
PCOS, Unexplained
While I was primarily at the Tacoma branch [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I did visit the Seattle branch several times since it was by my office and open on weekends. The Tacoma branch is nicer. Everyone seemed quite friendly, but not intrusive. There were clearly women who'd been going for a long time and seemed well known by clinic staff. Staff working on the weekends can be kind of grouchy sometimes.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
While I was primarily at the Tacoma branch I did visit the Seattle branch several times since it was by my office and open on weekends. The Tacoma branch is nicer. Everyone seemed quite friendly, but not intrusive. There were clearly women who'd been going for a long time and seemed well known by clinic staff. Staff working on the weekends can be kind of grouchy sometimes.
We met with her several times and she was very helpful and answered all of our questions. She seemed to know what she was talking about. The downside was that aside from speaking with her, I rarely saw her for any of our appointments.
Everyone seemed very kind and helpful. The person who answered the phones when SRM was closed was less so, but I don't think she was actually affiliated with them.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very happy to talk to us, we never felt rushed, even when the husband started talking about articles he'd read and wanted to know the nitty gritty biology stuff. She was friendly and kind during procedures.
Ask lots of questions. If you want her to be involved in any treatments make sure you say that. Or at least find out the odds of whether or not she'd be the ones doing things like the IUI. I don't think she did any of the IUIs for us, which was fine, but it was a bit odd to see three different people each time.
We did about 3 cycles of clomid with Nancy, standard dose. When those didn't work we moved on to IUI with clomid for three cycles. I only needed the HCG shot for one of them I believe. We were going to move on to IVF but the cost and some marital difficulties put that on hold. We haven't been back since.
Nothing was covered by health insurance after a diagnosis of infertility. I think it was probably about $1000/visit on average. Costs for IVF, which we didn't go through, seemed on par with the market, probably too expensive for us. So appointment visit, iui, sperm analysis, HCG shot were the typical charges.
2011 - 2014
I worked with several nurses [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], as turnover was high. Nurses made real mistakes on IUI timing, got confused over the difference between and opk and a pregnancy test, and we're unable to do the IUI procedure smoothly and got flustered and cried. I have email proof of nurses confusing me with other patients. They seemed overworked and miserable.
2011 - 2014
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk receptionist is the only thing good about this awful clinic. Patients should know that staff has zero respect for temperature charting. My nurse insisted that I come in for an IUI a day later than I knew I should. I insisted on doing it my way, and had a healthy baby. Whenever I trusted the clinic on timing, it failed. Also, once I told a Nurse, "is it too late to do IUI? I think I already ovulated." She said, "you wouldn't know If you did." Never mind that there is a German word for the feeling of ovulation and that I was temperature charting and knew my body very well! They just do not listen at this clinic and they treat you like a number. I switched clinics and I know that it is much better in other places.
Rarely had face time with doctor. Nurses confused my case with others, couldn't keep the patients straight, and miscalculated treatments. Doctor did not make notes in my chart so the weekend doctor could prescribe medications on time. I felt actively sabotaged in my IUI cycle, though I have no proof. I believe that as an IUI patient, I was treated as a throwaway low value patient and was not listened to. My complaints and he humiliation was endless. I switched doctors and clinics and am now treated like a human. Dr. Thayer's case load was too high for her to handle. We would sit down with her and she didn't even remember our names and she would read our chart on who we were after we entered her office. She also encouraged me to waste sperm (limited amount, husband is cancer survivor) when I was actively nursing my first child. She said that nursing a baby did not affect fertility in any way. My new doctor at a different clinic was shocked that I was encouraged to do IUIs while actively nursing my toddler.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I worked with several nurses, as turnover was high. Nurses made real mistakes on IUI timing, got confused over the difference between and opk and a pregnancy test, and we're unable to do the IUI procedure smoothly and got flustered and cried. I have email proof of nurses confusing me with other patients. They seemed overworked and miserable.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Working with Dr. Thayer and her nurses was an awful experience. She did not remember who I was the few times she saw me. She had us waste vials of sperm on IUI while I was still nursing my first child, and I felt sabotaged as an IUI patient so that I would opt for IVF. She forgot to make notes in my chart about what we talked about. She did not care if I got pregnant. She also dismissed our concerns about male factor infertility, saying we were lucky that we didn't have it as bad as some couples. Just not the way to handle it.
You are in charge of your own care. Do not expect compassion from her. Know that she is in the business of maximizing profit from convincing patients to do IVF and she gets a bonus on her IVF conversion rate.
2013 - 2014
The only area I had difficulty with [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only area I had difficulty with was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
My nurses and techs would relay to Michelle any concerns and she would call or email me right away and address everything. She would recommend the next course of treatment or testing but would always let us be in the driver's seat of the decision. She is so compassionate and her bedside manner was exceptional, especially when she had to consult us after our first successful round during the ultrasound that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. She checked in with us often during our short stop of treatment and was our biggest cheerleader for the next treatments. We successfully got pregnant on our last round of IUI before having to move onto IVF. I appreciated her honesty that we needed to move on for a better chance of getting pregnant if the treatment didn't work this time, especially since we were paying completely out of pocket.
TIna was amazing. She would relay any concerns to Michele right away. She also helped me learn and practice giving injections and connected me with the best pharmacies to order the prescriptions from. She was well organized and had my whole protocol outlined. She would be very prompt in returning calls or emails and even checked in on us after we had our baby.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She is a wealth of knowledge and helps you understand everything.
over 10,000
2010 - 2013
3 IUI, 6 IVF, Donor Eggs
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
We had a few different nurses during our years there, and they were all great, compassionate, and very good communicators... This clinic is huge, with 3 different offices that we visited and another office a little further away that we didn't. I bring this us because it was really nice, if we needed a test, we could either go to the clinic that was closest to us, or if we needed an appointment, we could pick one with a time that was most convenient for us.
2010 - 2013
3 IUI, 6 IVF, Donor Eggs
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is huge, with 3 different offices that we visited and another office a little further away that we didn't. I bring this us because it was really nice, if we needed a test, we could either go to the clinic that was closest to us, or if we needed an appointment, we could pick one with a time that was most convenient for us. Our doctor was at different offices on different days, so we have a lot of flexibility. We also knew we were going to be well covered on weekends and holidays - when you are in the middle of a cycle, mother nature doesn't care if you need a blood draw on Christmas day, you just need to get it done, and it never felt weird having holiday or weekend appointments.
She was warm, funny, compassionate, caring, and friendly. We really did feel like she cared, and that she really wanted to help us get pregnant. She laid out treatment options, gave us pros and cons and recommendations, and then let us make the choices so we felt in control of the process, as much as you can feel in control in this situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anne, Beth)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We felt very confident in her knowledge and experience, and she also seemed to be on the cutting edge as she was regularly mentioning new research, new studies, and new treatments. It made us feel in good hands.
Be completely open and honest with her about your needs as well as your boundaries, as in what you're comfortable with and what you're not. She'll listen, really, and work with you to make sure your treatment is custom for your needs, but she can't guess what you're comfortable with.
We kind of started with the least invasive process of tests and clomid, then went to IUIs, then IVF, and after several biochemical miscarriages, we went to donor eggs. She changed the protocol after every failed pregnancy and we found success with the donor eggs, but also felt like we had literally tried everything possible.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Strenghts: It [Seattle Repro Med] is a big clinic, so it is easy to make appointments. Front desk is very friendly. Well organized and neat facility. Parking is easy in all clinics....Weaknesses: Not all doctors were very personable, some of them somewhat rude. The finance in Kirkland office isn't so friendly. They are expensive....Anne Judge was amazing. She understand how deeply heartbroken we were and invited me to a support group that she was running at the clinic....
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strenghts: It is a big clinic, so it is easy to make appointments. Front desk is very friendly. Well organized and neat facility. Parking is easy in all clinics. Dr.Criniti Weaknesses: Not all doctors were very personable, some of them somewhat rude. The finance in Kirkland office isn't so friendly. They are expensive.
I felt like a human because Dr. Criniti was compassionate, and caring. She understood my pain and struggle not only physical but emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anne Judge)
Anne Judge was amazing. She understand how deeply heartbroken we were and invited me to a support group that she was running at the clinic. She showed us how to deal with all our grieving feelings and how to support one another.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Amy was kind, caring and compassionate. She never gave up on me even when I was giving up. She was open to all my concerns and addressed all of them. I could tell how much she was rooting for us. She personally called with the bad news, but also let her nurses tell the good ones. She always got me an appointment early if i was concerned or insecure about my pregnancies. She was comforting and honest when my HCG numbers were not rising properly on my chemical pregnancy and also supportive when I had my one and only left frozen embryo, which i dearly called "Frostie". She was so kind and caring that she also refereed to that embryo as "frostie". That Frostie, one last hope became my bright, sweet, loving almost 4 year old son... When he was 11 months old, I naturally got pregnant and despite being a natural pregnancy, Dr. Criniti, took me as her patient for the first few weeks of my pregnancy just to give me peace of mind. I am so thankful for her.
Ask questions, and trust her. She knows what she is doing. She presented my case to the whole Clinic staff to try to help me. She will fight for you.
Cycle 1 - Birth control, then Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, then HCG Shot = Negative Cycle 2 - Put on Menopause for 3 months prior, then Lupron, Menopur, Follistim and HCG shot= Negative Cycle 3 Use my natural cycle, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim and HCG shot = Chemical and one frozen embryo. Cycle 4, natural cycle, ( dont remember meds, ) = Pregnant.
over 30 k
2010 - 2011
I went through Seattle Reproductive Clinic to become a single mother by choice in 2010. At that time, I had to go to 3 different locations for services including Bellevue, Seattle and Tacoma. I lived in Tacoma so it was a hassle to have to go to the other clinics for services that were not available in Tacoma at that time. However, since that time, things may have changed. The initial interview and the evaluation with the psychologist (?) was in Bellevue. I had to go to Seattle for the insemination. I had check ups at Tacoma. They were great at organizing and scheduling everything I needed to do, and the experience was very positive and respectful throughout out.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I felt listened to and respected for my choice to be a single mother by choice.
My experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine was very positive. I did not have any negative experiences whatsoever.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Honestly, I don't really remember much about Dr. Dudley other than it was a positive experience. I always felt listened to and respected. I did not have any fertility issues. I had IUI, and I became pregnant on the 3rd attempt.
I did not have any fertility issues, I was simply using IUI to become a single mother by choice. However, I was 36 years old so there was a possibility that I might not get pregnant right away. It was explained that it might take about 6 attempts and that we would do 3 attempts before using any hormones or other interventions. I got pregnant on the 3rd IUI attempt without any need for any interventions.
I don't recall exactly the costs as it was 6 years ago, but I believe I paid about $1,000 for testing and then about $350 per IUI. I became pregnant on my 3rd IUI
Seattle
The coordinators and staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone... estimated $1000 for one IUI...The clinic seems very organized at the consultation. It is very structured in regards to who you meet and what their part is. Everyone provides their own business card, which is helpful. The weakness would be offering a plan, but not telling me what to do when the plan doesn’t work. How many IUIs should I try, or what is the success rate of an IUI were nit explained to me.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Cho was very friendly. I spoke with her in a private office and she explained things well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The coordinators and staff are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho was informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
My advice would be to ask more questions regarding the procedures. Be sure to ask who does the procedures and what she recommends if the procedures fails. Does she ever do the procedures?
I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation.
This is still pending insurance, which won’t cover anything, but estimated $1000 for one IUI
Kirkland
I like how the Tacoma office [Seattle Repro Med] is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.... I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.... Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I like how the Tacoma office is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very nice guy who explained everything to us that we wanted and was very professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ann)
The nurses have been pretty good. Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consultation with the doctor he was very nice, informative, and professional. I have seen him once after that to talk about possible IVF after six cycles of not getting pregnant because I am not producing enough eggs for my age. After four failed cycles the nurse suggested for us to make an appointment with him. Even though I do not want to hear the IVF talk I know that is our next step probably.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
The nurses are more available than he is unless you make an appointment with him. Although, I never contacted him myself.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I have been taking Letrozole during my period. I am not sure why I am taking this specific pill. Then on my 10th cycle day an ultrasound has been done to show How much the eggs are growing. If I have a mature egg, I took ovidrell injection before the IUI. I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I am lucky to say I have pretty good insurance. We are on our fifth cycle and probably spent only a couple hundred dollars.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Erik Mazur
2012 - 2017
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The Bellevue office [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very friendly. They were always able to fit you in for appointments. They are consistent at trying to schedule you with the same nurse for each appointment. Sometimes they could not get me in the clinic of my preferance. They didn't seem to call me if an appointment became available in the Bellevue clinic even though I asked.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The Bellevue office was very friendly. They were always able to fit you in for appointments. They are consistent at trying to schedule you with the same nurse for each appointment. Sometimes they could not get me in the clinic of my preferance. They didn't seem to call me if an appointment became available in the Bellevue clinic even though I asked.
Felt human because she was understanding and warm towards our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Darla)
Darla was great. She went over my calendar for each cycle. She was friendly and compassionate. Felt like I could talk to her about anything. My last cycle I was assigned to a different nurse. She was ok, but I would have much rather worked with Darla. This nurse wasn't as friendly.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She didn't candy coat our situation. She presented us with all of our options. She was kind and warm. Made me feel like everything will work out but it could take time and to not give up. After my last miscarriage, she said not to give up, we had 1 more frozen embryo left. She said sometimes people give up after a miscarriage, but because our last embryo was such high quality, she didn't want us to let it go. Unfortunately that last one didn't take. So here we are still trying for a miracle. We will be meeting with her again soon.
Have an open mind to her suggestions. They are the best chance you have.
Injection medication was not included with treatment. I don't think I spent more than $1200 for each cycle. For 1 Ivf cycle, the cost was around $7000.
She had adjust my dosage of follistim on my last cycle.
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Since I lived in another state, I spoke with my care coordinator [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] a lot! She was instrumental in answering all my scheduling and pharmaceutical questions. And every other question I had. They were always friendly and extremely prompt in returning my call. My experience would not have been the same without them!
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I spoke with Nancy Klein on the phone a couple of times before meeting her. We live in a different state. She is a busy woman in a busy practice. I didn't always see her personally when I was out in Seattle for different steps of the IVF process. I really liked her demeanor and personality and trusted her partners I saw while having my eggs retrieved and implanted. The patient coordinator is the person whom I really spoke to most and helped walk me through the day-to-day steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Sullivan and Lindsay Craig )
Since I lived in another state, I spoke with my care coordinator a lot! She was instrumental in answering all my scheduling and pharmaceutical questions. And every other question I had. They were always friendly and extremely prompt in returning my call. My experience would not have been the same without them!
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy is a very caring person and a professional. She is a mother of 4 and really listened to what I wanted. She took the information I gave her and quickly put in place a plan to achieve our goals. I had complete confidence in her and her team. Her partners made me feel very comfortable, but I am glad she is my primary physician.
Tell her exactly what you want. How many kids ideally. She will be truthful about your odds etc.
I lived in another state and had my appointments at a local clinic
2012 - 2018
[Seattle Reproductive Med-Kirkland's] Strengths: Multiple locations, the Seattle location is open Saturdays and Sundays, great group of doctors, great receptionists, they do a ton of tests in house Weaknesses: Some of the nurses that do blood draws in Seattle on the weekends aren't very good, expensive... We did a package plan through Attain, Attain IVF Refund 2+ Program in 2016. It was 25,950. Our current cycle of IVF is $13,742.02. I don't remember the cost of the other rounds of IVF.
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis and my nurse, Tina, are always kind, professional, and are always available by phone and email.
Tina is absolutely amazing. She is calm, kind, professional, and shows that she cares about me as a person. She is also responds quickly to emails and phone calls.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is well spoken, kind, compassionate, professional, and smart. She also really wants us to get pregnant, and is so disappointed when we get a negative result. I know that I can always contact Dr. Davis by phone and/or email.
Be proactive. If you have questions, ask them.
Oh goodness, I don't remember. We've had 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 cancelled IVF due to low response, and 1 FET. We used different protocols for every cycle.
We only transfer one or two embryos at a time.
Kirkland
Very quick to get in as a new patient [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment...She is very quick to respond to any messages i send in the patient portal which i greatly appreciate...I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very quick to get in as a new patient, has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment.
She is so personable and listens earnestly. She genuinely wants to work with you until you’ve achieved a pregnancy. She herself also went through fertility treatment, which makes it easy to relate to her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Barker already had a plan of action in place. I really appreciated her urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Be grateful! You are working with a doctor with her heart in the right place, with equal drive to help you reach your goals.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] would only transfer 2 aftwr speaking to us and confirming that we were okay with Twins...I was un happy with my nurse. She was not great at communicating things to me. Everyone else in the Clinic was amazing...The only office open on Saturdays is Seattle, parking down there is a nightmare. They do not open until 8 am, which makes it hard to get to work on time. The clinics have a great atmosphere, they gove you starbucks gift cards if they are late for your appointment. The front desk staff is very friendly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Lin really took his time to exlpain everything in a way we could understand. He personally reached out to us after each failed embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
At every appointment with Dr Lin he gave us his undivided attention, he did a great job at "talking me down" I spent way too much time on Google. After our first egg retrieval resulted in no babies, he already had a plan to make changes for our next egg retrieval. He also took our case to his colleges to ensure that he covered all the bases
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Bd aware that he does not sugar coat things. So be prepared to hear the truth, but in a tactful way
Describe the protocols Paul Lin used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I only remember the second egg retrieval. It was a Luteal Lupron HCG Fresh ET. I was on 300iu of Follistim, 150 iu Menopur and vaginal Progesterone twice daily
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Paul Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He would only transfer 2 aftwr speaking to us and confirming that we were okay with Twins
Paul Lin
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is warm, welcoming. The med assistants and front desk staff are lovely.... The business office didn't send chart records to my new clinic. I had to remind them multiple times. Then, they sent incomplete records. Their billing office is disorganized. They send multiple bills that are confusing and contradictory. They have told me to ignore the bills because they were "sent in error" many times.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, welcoming. The med assistants and front desk staff are lovely. Their lab is mediocre. I got much better results at a different clinic (made 6, 5 day embryos, which is more than I made during my 3 cycles at SRM combined..) Their business and billing offices are very disorganized, unresponsive and slow, however.
She was very kind and compassionate. I didn't feel rushed. She called me personally, something that other doctors had never done before.
Kimmy was actually the nurse for a different SRM doctor who I had used before. I requested her again because she's so wonderful. She's warm, compassionate, responsive, attentive and conscientious
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths: Kind, compassionate, doesn't seem rushed Weaknesses: Uninformed about alternative treatments (such as Reproductive immunology, anti histamine protocols). Her plan for me after 3 failed attempts was just to "keep trying." She didn't have any new ideas for me
She's very kind and warm. Don't expect her to think outside the box though
We did a eSET transfer of a PGS tested embryo
$3500 for FET
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Our experience with the nursing staff {at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was hit and miss. There were several errors made that fortunately I was quick enough to catch. Concerning to think what would have happened if I hadn't been paying attention or hadn't known to question what I was being told. (for example was told to start progesterone much too soon after an IUI- I questioned it TWICE before the nurse changed her directions).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Our experience with the nursing staff was hit and miss. There were several errors made that fortunately I was quick enough to catch. Concerning to think what would have happened if I hadn't been paying attention or hadn't known to question what I was being told. (for example was told to start progesterone much too soon after an IUI- I questioned it TWICE before the nurse changed her directions).
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very professional and has research to back up her recommendations. However I did not feel like she spent much time reviewing my actual case after our first visit. I had to constantly remind Dr. Davis and her nurse about the details of my situation. I also feel like we were put on a protocol and no efforts were made to adjust it no matter what happened with a cycle. I definitely felt more like a "number" rather than an individual.
Ask a lot of questions and make sure you are comfortable with your plan of care and know exactly what you are planning to do and why.
Egg retrieval freeze all cycle with PGS around $15000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The primary nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is probably overworked as she often forgets details of my case. However I find her very responsive and she always makes sure to answer my questions to my satisfaction...I've had issues with the financial office not appropriately billing our insurance (my condition is not considered to be infertility so it is covered by all health insurance companies.).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I have a history or scarring and she has been truly compassionate bout treating the scarring. She always remembers our case details and understands if I have questions that are emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The primary nurse is probably overworked as she often forgets details of my case. However I find her very responsive and she always makes sure to answer my questions to my satisfaction
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is confident in her abilities and absolutely knows the latest in fertility treatments (at least for my issue of rpl). She can be straightforward that some might think of as uncompassionate but I appreciate the clear communication in an area that can be so murky. She is responsive to my stress levels and emotions and I absolutely feel taken care of when she is doing a procedure on me.
I've had to hysterscopies to remove scarring after a miscarriage---one of which was a fairly experimental approach (my body was not naturally passing the miscarriage so this was done instead of a d&c). She absolutely had my best interests at heart. We are now doing timed cycles with letrozole and gonal f.
Seattle
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I thought the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!... I loved loved loved Sarah. She was so amazing at communicating and truly cared about her patients.... The ivf procedure was around $13,000
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the clinic was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!
Dr. Letterie was very respectful. He truly listens to you and lets you decide what you want to do. He gives you all of your possible treatments and is not pushy.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is 100% a great Doctor! My husband and I both trust him completely and felt so comfortable with him. He knows his stuff! Dr. Letterie is great at explaining things to you and lets you get all of your questions answered. He takes his time with you and you never feel like he is rushing you in and out. He explains all possible outcomes, etc.
He is a caring Doctor. Ask lots of questions.
I honestly do not remember much. it was a couple of years ago.
The ivf procedure was around $13,000
He did suggest only transferring one embryo. The second time around we opted for two and it did not end well. I went into preterm labor and had the babies at 24 weeks, in which they passed away shortly after.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like all the staff [Seattle Reproductive Med] is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.... I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like all the staff is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.
She is so compassionate and honest and caring and straight forward. I feel very well cared for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara Whipkey)
I really appreciate my nurse Sara. The only downside is that she is now my third nurse. I feel that shows a lack of continuity.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard is so caring and compassionate. She is honest and straight forward. I feel like I can trust her 100%. She understands how stressful infertility is and doesn't belittle the feelings that I have.
Go see her immediately lol
I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor
I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
She said based on my age and health that we can choose to transfer 1 to 2 with a goal of a singleton pregnancy.
Spokane Valley
They [at Seattle Repro Med - Seattle] are organized and could easily say how much something would cost. You do feel like bit of a number though...Try and be well informed about your the whole IVF process; it helps to do your homework before meeting with her...
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are organized and could easily say how much something would cost. You do feel like bit of a number though.
She definitely was candid about why I should go to IVF. She recommended it right away which troubled me. I ended up seeing another fertility doctor to get a second opinion and ended up TTC naturally for several months afterwards. Finally. I have decided to go on the IVF journey. Should I have listened to her to begin with? I took a gamble with spending close to $30000 or TTC naturally (well, with Letrazole) for several more months. I lost that gamble. Do I wish I took her advice earlier? Of course I do. I probably would have been pregnant by now.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is a candid and knowledgable physician.
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Dudley is extremely compassionate and caring...The people drawing blood [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] weren't always friendly, and some of the nursing staff wasn't always the nicest. Others were amazing...I had an instance where the nurse forgot to call my medication refill into the pharmacy
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The people drawing blood weren't always friendly, and some of the nursing staff wasn't always the nicest. Others were amazing.
Dr. Dudley is extremely compassionate and caring.
I felt like information wasn't always passed onto Dr. Dudley.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is an absolutely amazing doctor. He took the time to understand my concerns, was very compassionate, and was easy to talk to.
He knows what he is doing.
I had 4 IUI cycles with Dr. Dudley. The first was femara+an injectable for one day. That resulted in a miscarriage. The next two were the same protocol but did not result in pregnancies possibly because sperm counts were low. The fourth attempt was injectable only with a new sperm donor and resulted in a live birth.
I am not sure. It was covered by insurance.
Seattle
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit....Approximately $400 per IUI. $200 for sperm collection and prep and $200 for IUI....We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit.
She was as very understanding and seemed to honestly feel bad that none of our IUI’s were successful. She didn’t treat us like we were a number at all
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember )
Friendly, knowledgeable. No specific weaknesses
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us. Sometimes I wish that she was more involved in the work up appointments for IUI’s such as the ultrasounds. Not just available for consults when things don’t end up working out. Other than that she is wonderful
To not give your hopes up. While she does everything to help you it doesn’t always work
We have not prceeded with IVF yet but she did tell me that she doesn’t transfer more than 2 or maybe it was 3 embryos at a time.
Tacoma
Drugs ($500) and initial testing ($200) were largely covered by insurance. IVF appointments, retrieval, and transfer were not covered ($13,000)...We never waited more than 5 minutes at anytime. Clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was clean and comfortable. Good location...A great experience. She [Dr. Brenda Houmard] explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers.
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We never waited more than 5 minutes at anytime. Clinic was clean and comfortable. Good location.
She was sincere and really took the time to answer all our questions and teach us about the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
All wonderful. Again took the time to listen to our questions and then explain clearly their answers. Knew our names and case.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
A great experience. She explained the procedure and recommendations. She made time to answer all our questions. She wanted to make sure we knew the risks but also the benefits. We will go back to her to do multiple frozen transfers.
Be open and clear on your expectations. If you have questions or concerns vocalize them. Brenda will take the time to clearly answer your questions.
We were strongly encouraged to just do a single transfer due to my wife's age and overall health. If we wanted to do multiple Brenda was willing to, but wanted to be clear on the risks. We opted just to do one, and it was the right decision.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
All of the nursing staff [at Seattle Repro Med - Seattle] was very responsive on all questions and concerns...The clinic is a large clinic and all of the staff I interacted with was kind, compassionate and helpful...approximately $12,000 excluding meds for mini-stim IVF cycle approximately $28,000 excluding meds for a frozen donor egg cycle...
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Dudley was very kind and explained any questions I had. He also was very available for questions or concerns.
All of the nursing staff was very responsive on all questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dudley has a very kind bedside manner, he will answer any questions or concerns you have. He was very candid with me when providing my options, which enabled me to choose donor eggs. He was honest and forthright with all information, but delivered it in a compassionate manner.
Go see him, he's very knowledgeable and informed on all of the latest information and techniques.
One mini-stim using low doses of Letrozole and Follistim with Ganirelix (as I had left over from my earlier clinic). One donor cycle with Lupron, Progesterone in Oil.
2012 - 2013
Strengths [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine]: large scale production Weakness: you are a number...Also we were given the wrong schedule for the doses of the injectable hormones (clerical error by a nurse) which as you can imagine totally freaked us out....15k for one IVF cycle not including the meds which I believe were another 4-5k
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: large scale production Weakness: you are a number
Communication wasn't the best and we didn't feel like she understood the emotions both my wife and I were going through, but she is an outstanding doctor.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We got a beautiful baby boy out of this so I cant complain too much but we did feel as if there was a lack of emotional understanding while going through this process with her. Also we were given the wrong schedule for the doses of the injectable hormones (clerical error by a nurse) which as you can imagine totally freaked us out.
Know that you are getting a great doctor but don't expect any warm and fuzzes she is all business. So if your wife needs a little more emotional support this might be the only area I would take into consideration.
too long ago don't remember
15k for one IVF cycle not including the meds which I believe were another 4-5k
1 IUI, IVF
They [the nurses] were always friendly and knew that I liked to joke, so they worked with my humor.
1 IUI, IVF
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always extremely helpful and friendly. Never made me feel that I should give up, but gave me the information right up front. I was extremely pleased with Dr. Talebian.
They were always friendly and knew that I liked to joke, so they worked with my humor.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I first saw Dr. Sheeva Talebian in 2008 when she was in Kirkland, WA. She was very professional, but also warm and welcoming. Since I was a military officer at the time, I also preferred someone who wasn't going to string me along and was more to the point. She met all of my expectations and my husband and I truly enjoyed working with her! After failed rounds of clomid, along with 1 IUI, we moved onto IVF. The first round also didn't work and Dr. Talebian informed me that my egg quality was low and that we would give it one more try with IVF but then she recommended we move onto donor eggs. Luckily the second round worked and our son was born in 2009.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Just be up front with Dr. Talebian, she will work with you and I believe she appreciates you being just as up front with her. She never made me feel like a statistic, always a woman trying to have a baby.
Sheeva Talebian
2011 - 2012
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
2011 - 2012
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
i cannot say enough good things about Dr. Criniti!!! She not only treated me like a human, she treated me like a sister or best friend. She even gave me her personal cell phone number and talked me through my options while on her family vacation. Kind, caring, intelligent, well-spoken, loving, brilliant and so good. love love love her!
Tamara - who did all the ultrasounds, is one of the most kind human beings i've ever met. she was so positive and caring and warm. she made it all feel ok...even when it wasn't!
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
as mentioned before, on a scale of 1-10 i would give her a 12. absolutely unbelievable compassion and care. she makes dreams happen. she is the best doctor i have ever experienced in my entire life.
get there asap! the sooner you start, the sooner you will have that perfect baby in your arms. she is the BEST!
2012
2012
1 IUI, IVF
Whilst not all of the nursing staff knew me by name, they all treated me very well. Dr Criniti especially was very easy to talk to and helped me during any difficult times when I was especially emotional such as the end of a cycle without a pregnancy. She kept me informed of the process and next steps.
Always available to answer questions. I never felt I was bothering them.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My husband and I liked Dr Criniti from the first meeting. She was very personable, had children of her own, and seemed very experienced and knowledgeable about IVF. We had already had a very positive experience with IVF in another country before meeting Dr Criniti but working with her and her team in Seattle was just as good. I would highly recommend her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. It's your body and your treatment they are managing. Make sure you book your next appt before leaving the clinic as she gets very busy.
2010 - 2011
I purchased a multi cycle plan which was about 23,000 for 2 cycle fresh, 2 cycles frozen with icsi...Monitoring [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was an efficient well oiled machine. There were [plenty] of ultrasound techs and phelbotamists that I never had to wait long
Large and efficient
Dr Dudley was easy to speak to and he was able to very clearly articulate our chances and likelihood of success. He was also very open to my asking pointed questions. I felt he treated me like an equal in my treatment and that he appreciated that I had a scientific background.
It was my first IVF and at the time I had no diminished ovarian reserve, so I was started on a standard long lupron protocol. I think that was the approach any clinic would have taken. Prior to IVF, Dr Dudley performed a laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriosis. He was supportive of my attempting to TTC after surgery before attempting more aggressive treatment.
Monitoring was an efficient well oiled machine. There were Plante of ultrasound techs and phelbotamists that I never had to wait long
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Was not told to be sure to pay PGS test lab. They would not release results for days. Should be standard procedure to emphasize paying the other company. I was told the wrong time of cycle to get a uterus scope done. I was told to do it at the end of a cycle and the viewing of it was poor...The patient portal [for Seattle Repro Med] gets locked easily not recognizing the password if you use the link they email you. So it's hard to get a hold of her sometimes. She seems like her patient load is too heavy and seems Rushed
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He listens to my concerns and explains things to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
The patient portal gets locked easily not recognizing the password if you use the link they email you. So it's hard to get a hold of her sometimes. She seems like her patient load is too heavy and seems Rushed
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is very compassionate and gentle. He is older and experienced. I do wish he would investigate more of my physical issues. He did not test me for something that I found out I have. Knowing it sooner might have changed some results.
Bring a pad of paper with questions you have and write the answers for looking back on.
He felt a single embryo transfer is best for a safe pregnancy
Seattle
Nichole [Barker] is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
Nichole really listened to me and gave me all the information I asked for every time I asked. She really cared. She has been through infertility struggles herself and really understood what I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie Bemis)
Lexie was fantastic!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nichole is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
Ask every question you have, she is open and honest and really cares that you are informed.
Tacoma
[Dr Brenda Houmard was] friendly and knowledgeable...I had already done several iui attempts with local gyn that included letrozole, clomid and trigger hcg shots to no avail, so when I got to Dr. Houmard [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I was ready for IVF. Did birth control to suppress then several meds to stimulate them retrieval then 3 day transfer, only one egg turned into transferrable embryo. But it worked and had a great pregnancy and healthy boy...5000 for meds, 24000 for the package I bought which was through attain and if I wasn't successful I would have gotten 50% back, two IVF cycles and endless transfers.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Far away, 3 hour drive for me.
Friendly and knowledgeable.
Don't give up on the dream
I had already done several iui attempts with local gyn that included letrozole, clomid and trigger hcg shots to no avail, so when I got to Dr. Houmard I was ready for IVF. Did birth control to suppress then several meds to stimulate them retrieval then 3 day transfer, only one egg turned into transferrable embryo. But it worked and had a great pregnancy and healthy boy.
IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr Criniti was very kind, warm and always answered all of my questions. She let me vent when we received our disappointing results from our first cycle and talked us through our options. I always felt like she really cared and was doing all that she could to help us be successful.
Very professional - always answered our questions, made time for us, got us in when we needed to get in. Answered our questions on the phone and email.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was great - it is a tough thing to go through and I always felt like she was there to support me. She was pregnant while we were going through the process and she was so sensitive to how her situation would make her patients feel. I felt like I could talk with her about anything. I truly felt like wishes was our lucky charm - she was on call for both my retrieval and transfer for our second cycle which was successful!
Trust her, be honest with her - she will do her best for you!
2009 - 2011
From the moment you walked in the door, you were greeted with a friendly smile. They knew your name and made you feel comfortable. This continued on through-out the entire care we received there.
2009 - 2011
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Wonderful!! She was very sensitive to our situation having come from another Doctor/clinic where we had not had a good experience. Just a very smart, caring doctor who treated us like people and not a statistic.