Genetic counseling: Offered
509-321-5560
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
This practice [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] does a high volume and sometimes if you are not a squeaky wheel, you will not the the information you need in a timely fashion. This clinic had my allergies on file and still prescribed me a medication that is prohibited with my allergies... I wasn't really alerted about when my care coordinator was going to be out and would get emails or calls back from nurses I didn't know. Sometimes felt like I did not get speedy responses to my emails.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: This is not a screening clinic. They do try to help everyone while also being realistic about your chances of conceiving. Their higher numbers of patients can be a good thing as far as making sure their lab is handling an adequate number of cases to keep their skills sharp. Although we had some IUI semen samples where things got worse rather than better after their lab treatment to them with no concern from them at the time that this was a problem, which made us have less confidence in their lab. Lots of locations for more convenience. Weaknesses: This is a high throughput clinic and if you are not proactive about seeking feedback you will get lost in the shuffle at various points. You will not see your doctor during IUIs, ultrasound checks as this stuff is handled by the staff. The doctors also rotate who is on duty for the surgery procedures so it may not be your doc who does the egg retrieval for example. Based on my search for how many papers their physicians have authored recently, they don't really have a research focus. If you want the kind of team who really enjoys staying really on top of the latest technology improvements and working towards more, this is not the clinic for you. Billing can be incredibly slow. We received our last bill 7 months after the appointment. Other: Often doctors are booked more than a month out so be proactive about scheduling follow ups in advance if you want to see them in a timely fashion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
This practice does a high volume and sometimes if you are not a squeaky wheel, you will not the the information you need in a timely fashion. This clinic had my allergies on file and still prescribed me a medication that is prohibited with my allergies. They were courteous about resolving that and prescribing an alternative. Also it wasn't until we were several IUI's in that they commented on some age related poor quality in the specimens my husband produced. This was only because we made an appointment to go back over our results. It shocked me that our doc did not seem to be at least reviewing the data coming out of our IUIs and letting us know if something didn't look right, because we were not the experts and didn't know what do look for. I do feel in general that I was able to get all the tests I asked for once I started doing research about my situation. They did decline to do acrosome sperm testing, which we wanted to see if it was worth doing more IUIs before moving on to IVF. They are not a weeding out practice, allowing you to try IVF even when your success rates are low (less than 10% per cycle). Our Doctor was realistic and kind in telling me the stats and in doing any tests that seemed reasonable. Also they are conscientious of wait times and if its over 30 mins late they give you a starbucks card. I found the nurses to overall be pleasant in clinic but sometimes not as responsive in email as I would like. When I mentioned that I have had some painful IUIs, my doc made sure my next one was done by the same experienced person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
I wasn't really alerted about when my care coordinator was going to be out and would get emails or calls back from nurses I didn't know. Sometimes felt like I did not get speedy responses to my emails. There was one situation where I was having trouble getting timely responses from the pharmacy where the clinic told me they sent the prescription and the clinic staff was slow to respond to my requests to use another pharmacy even though time was running out for me before an upcoming holiday to get stuff shipped in time. It made for a much more stressful process than it needed to be. Otherwise I found most of the nurses to be pretty pleasant.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was willing to modify protocols when we weren't getting the results we wanted. She was comfortable trying low-dose IVF which is something newer on the scene for my situation. She was also willing to run tests proactively given as older prospective parents we didn't want to waste any cycles if we could spot a problem ahead of time that was relatively easy to diagnose such as run a blood panel, genetic prescreen, or hysteroscopy. Sometimes I felt like the follow through was lacking. I asked about some lab stats for example and she never really got back to us with the answers and though this is typical health care system stuff falling through the cracks, it's really bothers me when I have to keep repeating my questions to get answers. Overall she has a style of delivering realistic info in a nicer way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be proactive in asking for feedback after tests or cycles because your case will not be automatically reviewed by her.
Describe the protocols Angela Thyer used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our first attempts to deal with my age related diminished ovarian reserve were to try medicated IUI's to help me ovulate a few eggs each cycle. We tried follistim and menopur and I was successful in producing 2-4 follicles of appropriate size each time but none resulted in pregnancy. I also did at one point develop a cyst after doing back to back cycles that necessitated us delaying our next IUI attempt until it resolved. After 3 failed IUIs we discussed trying IVF or a mini/low dose IVF but eventually decided to go with another clinic to pursue this treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
IUI's would run about 1200 plus medication costs.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
-Semen collection for IUIs are awkward. I wish we had a discreet way of saying whether or not we want to go in the room with our partner (or moreso if our partner wants us to go in). -Kind front desk staff. -Clean environment. -Great nurse care. -Low doctor involvement for IUI. -Good communication with nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During my 4 IUIs, I saw Dr. Davis once for a consultation and once after they all failed and she recommended IVF. There were no in between hellos or check ins. I think that’s pretty normal but I just didn’t expect that. Our nurse, Brianna, was amazing though!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Brianna Correa)
My nurse, Brianna, was amazing. She responded to every worried email I had with care and great explanation. She helped me at early hours when my OPK came back positive naturally before I used ovidrel and told me what to do before it was too late. She did all of my IUIs. I felt like she was my doctor. She made SRM worth it - even though nothing worked so far! (Still haven’t tried IVF).
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Davis was pleasant, but I felt like just another patient. I feel like because we could “only” afford IUIs out of pocket, we weren’t taken as seriously. I only saw Dr Davis twice during our 4 IUIs - once for a consultation and once when they all failed and she recommended IVF. I didn’t even feel like she was my doctor, really. I felt like my nurse was! All communication was done through the nurse. Dr Davis might respond differently to people doing IVF, but for our IUIs I’d say she was pretty much nonexistent, but nice when we did talk to her twice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask about the communication methods so you’re not surprised to be only speaking with the nurse and monitored by the nurse the whole time. Come with your own questions. Know and trust your body. Make sure you aren’t put through a cookie cutter / one size fits all process. Ask “why” for each and every medication. Ask her success rates for IUI with endometriosis.
Describe the protocols Lynn Davis used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I’m 30 (was 28 at the time)...My cycle is normal (26 days), ovulate on my own, all hormones came back “normal”, and the only factor known is stage I endometriosis. I was put on Letrozole (Femara) instead of Clomid because of endo. I used Ovidrel for better timing, and progesterone post IUI to help lining if pregnant. For the 4th IUI, they added a low dose of Gonal-f to try to produce more eggs (I think?). I always had 1 mature egg on my own anyways.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was quoted $17,300.00 for one cycle of IVF. (Out of pocket - our insurance covers $0.) We paid about $1,000 total for each IUI - so $4,000 total. Smaller fees throughout - such as consultation (which I think is like $250), hormone tests, AMH test, final consultation ...etc.
Describe Lynn Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

When we had our consultation each staff member [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic... Genetic testing for carrier status was $350 ( mine was negative so we didn’t need to test my husband. Consultation was about $250. HSG was $850. Semen anaylsis was $125. HCG trigger shot was $70. Clomid was $20. Follicle scan was $300. And the IUI with sperm washing is $650
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we had our consultation each staff member took us to the next and introduced us as well as a summary of our situation. The hours are not great considering we like about 40 miles away from the clinic
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She talked to us specifically based on our situation. She asked us multiple times about our thoughts and made sure we understood her explaination while never making us feel dumb.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Steph)
She was very welcoming when we met with her. She was prompt when responding to portal messages and gave me option when I was having a hard time getting records to her.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She made a diagram of the reasons a couple could have trouble getting pregnant and crossed out categories based on our medical history. It gave us a clearer picture to move forward with treatment. I never felt pressured to choose one type of treatment versus another.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She did a great job explaining our options
Describe the protocols Brenda Houmard used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I am still currently in my first IUI cycle. We started with clomid 100mg days 3-7. We did a follicle scan on day 12 and I had one follicle on each ovary. One measured 12mm and the other 9mm. I have to go back in on cycle day 16 for another US because the want at least only follicle greater than 20mm to do the trigger shot. Still waiting to get my second US.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Spokane Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2019
The clinic [SRM] is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. ... It’s very expensive. ... The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. ... They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. Probably just due to the fact that each person is on their own journey and it’s just a weird place to be. They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I’ve been struggling with painful heavy periods and was recently diagnosed with severe anemia caused by adenomyosis. He said he did not wish this condition on his worst enemy. I felt validated, like my symptoms were not in my head. We are moving forward with IVF and he even passed my name on for an IVF study to hopefully be a part of. I felt that I was listened to and my concerns were valued.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I have had to email Lindsay several times to get my medical records organized. She responded to each of my emails incredibly promptly.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. He answers all of our questions and even draws simple diagrams to explain how different procedures work with my body. He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic. I trust his ability as a fertility specialist at Seattle Reproductive medicine. He is also timely and rarely is late for an appointment. I like having our conversations in his office rather than a sterile procedure room.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared for honesty. But in a compassionate way.
Describe the protocols Paul Dudley used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Started with letrazole on day three and took until day five. Went in for ultrasound. Follicles looked good each time. Returned the next day for insemination. Did this protocol three times. All Three rounds I did a trigger shot. I think gonal f. All looked good on paper, it just didn’t take. We were prepared for that to happen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very expensive. We have had to put our IVF on hold to try to figure out how to pay for it. Some procedures were covered by insurance.
Describe Paul Dudley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are about to start IVF Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I did have one miscommunication about a day the clinic was able to perform a test. ... An average iui cost was around 400-600... depending on meds type it could be more. ... They're open on weekends if it's needed ... The staff is great and there are multiple people with areas of expertise... for different treatment options, etc. they appear to be more expensive than competing clinics in the area. They have a please don't bring children in here sign.. but don't enforce that rule.
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They're open on weekends if it's needed and have multiple locations which really help. The staff is great and there are multiple people with areas of expertise... for different treatment options, etc. they appear to be more expensive than competing clinics in the area. They have a please don't bring children in here sign.. but don't enforce that rule. This could make somebody feel pretty awful. I don't have a lot of bad to say about SRM. While I have not been lucky enough to conceive as if yet... I have had a good experience here.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein was always very caring and made us feel as if we matter, and as if our choices matter. We appreciated that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Nicholas )
Lindsay was fantastic. There was another nurse who was honestly awful but I can't recall her name. I actually requested Lindsay be my primary nurse after my other interaction. Everyone else. Like the other murder and ultrasound techs were AMAZING.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein was compassionate and kind. She didn't force donor eggs on me right away even with my less than stellar test results and gave me hope while also being realistic every step of the way. We felt that she was genuine and that as patients we mattered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
go with your gut and make sure you are comfortable with any doctor you see. Just like test driving a car, anyone can make a recommendation but you'll know when the right doctor comes along. Do your research, read reviews. And get consultations.
Describe the protocols Nancy Klein used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We tried multiple iris with different meds... clomid and femara. She felt with a POF diagnosis iui may be my best attempt to save money since my chance of producing eggs was low. We then tried multiple iui with injections like menopur and gonal f. we tried starting anywhere from cycle day 1-5. Many attempts were made at my request before we agreed deivf was our best option.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Overall, Seattle Reproductive Medicine Tacoma is the most challenging fertility clinic I have worked with. They don’t have convenient appointment times for working women (the earliest morning appointment isn’t until 8:30am), they are quite expensive compared to other fertility clinics in the area and their “IVF packages” come with a lot of extra hidden fees they don’t tell you about until the end when you receive a bill, and I only get to see or talk to my assigned doctor and nurse minimally.
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is great at balancing being honest with me as a patient, while also being gentle and caring in his choice of words. He also always remains confident and optimistic along this tough and disappointing journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza)
My nurse, Anna, is awesome! She is compassionate and always willing to help with any questions I have. However, she is only in the office 3 day’s a week, which means I usually end up talking to other nurses instead of her, which makes communication a bit difficult.
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Mazur is kind, gentle, and always remains positive and hopeful and has encouraged my husband and I to remain positive in our journey. Although our first round of IVF was cancelled due to poor response, which neither Dr. Mazur or myself expected (honestly, it wasn’t even thought of as a possibility we talked about), he quickly made a new plan with changes to the dosages of medication. He is also great at taking time to fully explain any risks or concerns involved throughout the process and always makes sure to plan ahead for any potential risks that may come up. Though we haven’t achieved pregnancy yet, I have enjoyed working with Dr. Mazur and highly recommend him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Feel free to be open and honest with him about your thoughts, questions, and feelings. He is a great support system.
Describe the protocols Erik Mazur used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After two failed IUIs at a different fertility clinic, I came to Dr. Mazur ready to do my first round of IVF. Since I have PCOS and a high AMH, Dr. Mazur made a plan to start with a low dose of Gonal F and Menopur since my risk of OHSS was high. Unfortunately, not all of our surprise, my body didn’t respond after 13 days of stims and so he made the choice to cancel my IVF cycle before we even made it to egg retrieval. He then made a plan to try a more aggressive rounds of IVF meds, but my husband and I were unable to afford another round, so he allowed us to try Letrozole for two cycles with timed intercourse. My body failed to respond to those as well. Now, Dr. Mazur is having us try an IUI using Menopur injectables. He is always willing to help us save money when other possible options are available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our single IVF package was $11,600, plus medications which were $4,800.
Describe Erik Mazur's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Erik Mazur
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

I like the different clinic locations [at Seattle Reproductive Med]...helps to be able to pick a location based on our schedule, traffic, etc. Ambiance is welcoming, particularly at the Bellevue office. I do not like that they don't validate parking at the Seattle office. Have to pay $10 every time. I have never felt pressured about money or bills.... Lindsey is WONDERFUL. Answers all my questions and coordinated a quick turnaround for getting my meds shipped correctly and in a timely manner. She has also consulted with Dr. Thyer if need be.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I like the different clinic locations...helps to be able to pick a location based on our schedule, traffic, etc. Ambiance is welcoming, particularly at the Bellevue office. I do not like that they don't validate parking at the Seattle office. Have to pay $10 every time. I have never felt pressured about money or bills.
After a highly traumatic experience with a previous clinic 2 yrs prior, we were referred to Dr. Thyer. We just started FSH shots and are hoping to do at least 2 IUI procedures. She has expressed the reality of the situation (in terms of success rates at our age and w/ our situation) but has given us hope that it IS possible, where I previously we were told IVF was the only option. She was very matter of fact that IUI would be her first option for us, and was very compassionate when I burst into tears upon hearing this news (happy tears). She answered all of our questions, and spent at least an hour with us. Again, she was realistic about our chances, but thoroughly explained why IUI would help us, and seemed confident in her knowledge. We just had our follow up earlier this week, and I just so happened to be at the beginning of my cycle. The ultrasound looked good, so here we go! I have started the shots, and our treatment plan is a bit "out of the box". I feel like she is giving us the best chance possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We found her to be personable, compassionate, educated, and realistic. Our 2nd (and most recent visit) she was again realistic about our chances (5-10%). She also said that she would recommend no more than 2 IUI cycles, as the chances of success greatly decrease after that. Although that puts a bit of personal pressure on me, I appreciated hearing that she wouldn't continue to push IUI cycles if it wasn't appropriate. The previous clinic we went to was adamant that we do a minimum of 6 months. There were a few hiccups involving the calendar for treatment as well as the medications involved, but with the help of our nurse Lindsey, we got it all sorted out. Lindsey has been wonderful, responsive with emails, calls, and explains processes completely. I did notice several instructions on the paperwork we received that were not gone over in person with us...such as the recommendation to have sex every day or every other day, and instructions about when to use OPK's. So some of those details were not discussed, but in our situation we literally had 24hrs to get everything squared away, where I most patients have a bit more time to prepare.
Do not be afraid to ask lots of questions! Bringing in all of our paperwork from the previous clinic and previous bloodwork, semen analysis, etc. seemed to be really helpful to our initial consultation, so consider bringing that.
We are in process of our first controlled and medicated stimulation, with an IUI next week of all goes well. She suggested medicated IUI due to my age and to increase chances of conception by releasing multiple eggs per cycle. My husband had a vasectomy reversal and has a normal sperm count, but low motility and thick viscosity. She explained that the sperm is not able to reach the egg naturally due to these factors. IUI will at least give us the chance we haven't previously had. She also recommended supplements for my husband and I to take, which should assist with better egg quality and sperm motility.
Our insurance covers diagnostics but not meds and IUI. With our treatment plan, it will be approx. $1200 per cycle for medicated IUI (injections).
Seattle

Dr. Davis is great and I really liked her. Sometimes it was a little hard to get ahold of a nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine - Bellvue] or for them to understand what you needed. The billing system needs work because i got the same bill twice. So just pay attention to the billing but it was definitely cheaper than the last clinic i went to!... Dr. Davis started me on 5mg of letrozole right away. When that didn’t produce any eggs, she prescribed 7.5mg. I wanted to take ovidrel just to cover my bases and she agreed and didn’t see any problems with that
European, South Asian
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis is great and I really liked her. Sometimes it was a little hard to get ahold of a nurse or for them to understand what you needed. The billing system needs work because i got the same bill twice. So just pay attention to the billing but it was definitely cheaper than the last clinic i went to!
Dr. Davis talked to me like a normal person. She was very nice! I told her what I wanted to try and she had no problem with it!
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I went in for a consultation to see what treatment options I could move forward with since the last place would not let me do what I wanted. It was IVF only or the highway. I’m so glad I went to go see Dr. Davis. She was very thorough. She explained things that my previous clinic did not. She said she didn’t see why I couldn’t just try letrozole for a few cycles. It didn’t work but I did have a uterine polyp and she said if I wasn’t pregnant then she would recommend to remove it. She didn’t do my surgery but she did call to check on me!
Just like going to any Dr, write your questions down. Definitely go see her if you’re thinking about going to see a fertility doctor.
The consultation st SRM costs $300 but my insurance actually covered it when i thought it was going to be out of pocket. With insurance each of my ultrasounds were around 9-10$. It was very inexpensive

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's financial office is very straightforward with costs, what your insurance will and won't cover, and there is never any hidden fees. The lady running the financial office is super helpful and friendly. The clinic itself is on the higher end cost wise in the area for IVF, but reasonably compared with all other treatment/diagnostic that we have done. We have never come across an unfriendly face in any of the three offices we have visited.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is incredibly personal and talks candidly with her patients about their specific situation as not as a statistic. She does talk statistics, because they are important to be aware of, but does not talk make us feel like a statistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy is also incredibly nice, quick to respond and organized. She is the one we do most to all communication with unless we schedule an appointment with Dr. Cho, and she has been fantastic.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We were comfortable with Dr. Cho at the start of our very first conversation. She is incredibly personable, she's compassionate but also doesn't beat around the bush. She is very forward with her opinions and answering questions, which I really appreciate. There are so many unknowns with infertility, it is nice to have a doctor that can answer things clearly. She has adjusted our treatment plan as we've gone along to tailor it to our needs as a result of what she is seeing in each monitored IUI cycle. We have had 4 unsuccessful IUI's with her (1 chemical) and she has tried different/more aggressive approaches as we've continued. We just had our IVF consult with her, and I'm very happy to have my care, healthy and future children in the hands of Dr. Cho.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask all your questions! You will get honest feedback geared towards your own situation and needs. Don't be nervous, she's so kind and personable and you're in good hands!
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
4 IUI'S. #1- Letrozole/trigger #2 Higher dose of letrozole/trigger #3 Same dose of letrozole w/ gonal-f #4 Same as iui 3
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
$650-ish for IUI Looking at anywhere from $22k to $48k for IVF based on our situation. There base cost for IVF is $14k (but doesn't include medication, pgs testing, or the transfer). Multi-cycle programs available.
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I love everything about the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I love everything about the clinic EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
She listened to me and asked me which treatments I wanted to pursue and never pushed me to do more than I wanted. Very kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Latonya)
She is always quick to answer any questions I have and is very empathetic when a cycle has failed and she seems to genuinely care about me
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was excellent and was very patient and explained everything thoroughly. She was knowledgeable and had a plan for whatever course we were/are ready to pursue. She never pushed me to do any treatments we weren't ready for and was supportive of the research i'd done and allowed me to direct my next step(s) with her guiding me along. I highly recommend her
Don't be scared to tell her how and what you'd like done. She's very receptive to the research you've done and the course of treatment you see fit for your body. She's a strong advocate for listening to and knowing your own body
Weight loss (not required but recommended), levothyroxine (hypothyroidism), Femara, trigger shot, monthly ultrasounds and bloodwork. I ovulated successfully every month, got pregnant once but miscarried by angel at 6 weeks
They billed most everything under my PCOS, so most bloodwork, ultrasounds, and medications were covered. Unfortunately, IUI and IVF will not be
Describe Nancy Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When we pursue IVF, she will only allow 1 embryo to be transferred at a time. That is my biggest complaint and fear. I strongly feel and want to transfer 2.
Tacoma

The main offices are beautiful, but parking can be tricky. There is a paid parking garage underneath building, but you can sometimes find street parking — especially on the weekends. They are open almost every day of the year and are pretty responsive. I was also very impressed with how quickly they got me into appointments. I waited for 25 minutes one time and the receptionist apologized and gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card for the inconvenience. I feel like they do really value their patients' time and everyone is very respectful and kind.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Dudley is very easy going, is great at explaining things, and keeps a light-heartedness to something that could be very stressful. I didn't feel pressured to do anything or take on treatments I didn't whole-heartedly want.
Lindsay was great dealing with my neurotic emails. A lot of the nursing staff was nice and seemed perfectly capable of performing the procedures; it didn't seem like that big of a deal that they weren't with my doctor. Some of the nursing staff was friendlier and more experienced than others, though. For instance, the nurse who did my first IUI insemination couldn't get the speculum inserted properly and took about 5 jabs at my vaginal canal before getting it in. Ouch! :(
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Our over-all experience with Dr. Dudley was positive. He's warm, easy to talk to, and positive. He reviewed our records and thought that we could start off by trying IUI and an HSG. During our first visit, we felt no sales pressure to use him or SRM, which was really nice. I saw Dr. Dudley only two times after our initial appointment during three rounds of IUI and an HSG. This might be hard to follow if you're not familiar with thyroid, TSH, and thyroid meds, but here it goes: Dr. Dudley wanted me to drop my thyroid medication dosage because he felt that it was too strong for me. That resulted in my TSH going too high. When I asked for my original prescription dosage from the nurse, she said I shouldn't be on that dosage because it was too strong for me. That left my TSH too high. My endocrinologist, who primarily manages my thyroid, saw that my numbers weren't right and adjusted me back to a higher dose than Dr. Dudley prescribed which lowered my TSH to a good range for pregnancy. My endocrinologist wants the numbers in a good range before conception, so I decided to follow her prescription.
He's a great doctor. You won't feel any pressure from him, so go for it! Manage your thyroid levels with your own endocrinologist.
After an all-clear HSG, we did 3 IUIs. The first IUI was with .25 Letrozole during the first half of my cycle then a trigger shot after an ultrasound to look at follicle size and lining thickness. For the second IUI, they stepped up the original protocol with a day-9 Gonal-F trigger shot and progesterone capsules taken vaginally after the insemination. That resulted in two nice looking follicles but no positive pregnancy test. For the third IUI, we followed the same protocol. BFN. The one thing that bothered me about this clinic is that they only want you to do home pregnancy tests — no blood beta. This was a bit unnerving because taking progesterone vaginally can delay your period but you are supposed to stop taking them if you have a negative home pregnancy test. I'd be left without a period for a few days thinking that maybe the home pregnancy test didn't work or maybe I was one of those women who did produce enough HCG to show up on a pregnancy test. My fear was that somehow I was pregnant and because I stopped taking the progesterone, I would miscarry. I felt like a simple blood test would've given me peace of mind and less stress. I would've happily paid the extra money to do this.
An IUI cycle was $600-800 — not including medication.

Endometriosis, PCOS
They [SRM] have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They have a patient portal which is so amazing, if you have a small question you just send it through the portal for a response. Your results are also on your portal and easy to access. They have extra meds available in case your protocol is extended, which mine was into a weekend and they gave me meds so I didn’t have to try and order. They call promptly, the doctor calls you herself at times as well as your main nurse. They are very organized and clean and it’s an amazing environment.
She is very kind and she explains things to you so you can understand them. She holds your hand through it all and is extremely knowledgeable as well as personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Walker)
My nurse is beyond exceptional. She actually stepped back and isn’t in charge of patients as much now but I consider her a huge part of my life and am so thankful for her. The entire nursing staff is amazing. They all know you and care to. They cheer you on and help with any problem or question you may have. They are kind and amazing at their jobs.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was seeing her partner the first round and he moved away and I was transferred to her service. I was nervous at first because I loved her partner as a doctor and hadn’t met her yet. The moment I met her my husband and I knew she was amazing and we were so thrilled to be her patients! She is so smart and so kind she really helped us through our journey. She cares about her patients and it shows. I wouldn’t want another doctor now I am so happy with my care from her!
I would recommend her and let them know they will be treated with the utmost respect and feel as though they’re her only patient because of the care she gives you.
I have PCOS and my first round with a different doctor a lot of my eggs weren’t fully matured they were smaller so Dr Houmard chose to have a longer protocol for me and she waited until the exact time to have the best quality eggs. It got pushed back a couple times because she wanted them to grow a little bit longer which was great. I was on an antagonist protocol. My medicines were menopur, gonal-f, oral estrace, endometrin.
They have an option to buy with an outside program called Attain. I chose to do this because I did the buy 3 refund option where if I don’t bring a baby home I am refunded all of my money, for $27,500. Also medication each round varies from 1,000-4,000.

PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths would be that they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.... Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths would be that they don’t treat you like a number and they genuinely care, and we never usually have a long wait when we go in. Weakness would be that there are a lot of people (nurses, assistants, nurse practitioner) that are involved in your care.
Dr. Houmard and her entire staff are very friendly and personable. They treat us like we are their only patients every time we are in the office!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They are wonderful, friendly, kind, and compassionate. I couldn’t ask for a better office to be a patient at.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We don’t see Dr. Houmard every time we have an appointment but when do she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer our questions. She oversees each cycle and adjusts things as needed each time. We do see her for follow ups every few months and so far I am happy with our decision to use her as our doctor.
Don’t except to see her with every single visit.
After she diagnosed me with PCOS, the first thing she wanted to do was to make sure I ovulated because I hadn’t had a period in 6 six months at that point. She started me on a med that I can’t remember the name of but it gets you to start your period. I haven’t had to take this med again since then because my body has started on its own. Then she has me take 10mg of Letrozole for five days and then a couple days later in my cycle I give myself an 150 of GonalF that is suppose to trigger your follicles to grow. I usually will go in around cycle day 15 for an ultrasound to see if there are a follicle that is at the right size for for the next injection called Ovidrel which triggers your bony to ovulate. This is also all in conjunction with times intercourse. Three of my cycles we also did an IUI. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get pregnant yet but I can tell that my body is working correctly now and that gives me hope that it will happen eventually.
Our insurance actually covered a lot more of our coats then I expected but it’s not cheap by any means. Ultrasounds I believe are about $100-200 give or take but only about $20 out of pocket. Meds (not including injections) are less then a dollar out of pocket. Injections are not covered by our insurance but the pharmacy they come from give us a discount because we go to SRM. They are still about $160 for both the GonalF and Ovidrel. Semen analysis is only about $40 out of pocket. IUIs are not covered for us and we’re about $700 each. We are currently saving up for IVF that will be about $18,000 but will also be applying to finance about half of it.
Spokane Valley

Shannon is an amazing nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a large clinic with a number of docs, nurses, and staff, but I did NOT feel like a “number.” I felt our treatment was individualized and the clinic is a well-oiled machine. No, Dr Klein doesn’t do every ultrasound - but I was perfectly comfortable with the ultrasound techs. The techs were professional, experienced, and kind. I did have to take my own notes during the ultrasound (egg retrieval cycle) so I could tell my husband the follicle sizes, but the gals were very understanding and made sure I had everything I needed/wanted (including photos of my ovaries before retrieval!) the blood draw techs were amazing and I loved that I could go to Bellevue or Seattle depending on scheduling. It was so fun meeting with the embryologist on transfer day and we will forever cherish the picture we have of our embryo!!!
Dr. Klein is compassionate, caring, and honest. She listens and makes sure to answer each and every question. She truly cares about you as a patient and is involved in each level of your treatment and plan. I needed to have surgery to remove my tubes, but the surgeon didn’t recommend surgery so she came up with an alternate plan and was encouraging even though I was disappointed I couldn’t have the surgery. I never felt like a “number,” she always knew the details of my history and treatment plan when we met.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Jakubowski)
Shannon is an amazing nurse and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I am so incredibly thankful for Dr Klein. Her compassion, honesty, caring, patience, and experience is second to none. My diagnosis is due to some very complex medical history and she took the time to understand my history. She was very honest about our options and how we could proceed. She was patient and understanding when we wanted to take some time between diagnosis and treatment to adjust our supplements, diet, and emotionally deal with our diagnosis. I was incredibly thankful she did my egg retrieval as she was able to discover some info on my anatomy that was helpful for my transfer. She didn’t do my transfer, but Dr Thyer was amazing and I felt very comfortable at transfer. Graduating from our clinic was bittersweet - I cried as we will truly miss Dr Klein!!!
Have a list of questions with you to ask and discuss! She takes the time to make sure you understand and all questions are answered. You can also send questions via the portal, she is very responsive!
As we did a freeze all cycle (we thought I’d need another surgery before transfer), she was a bit more aggressive with my dosing - 300 iu of gonal-f, 75 iu menopur, plus cetrotide. Dosed for 9 days. Ended up with 12 eggs, 10 were mature, 7 fertilized (with ICSI as my husband was 37 at the time), 2 embryos frozen and biopsied on day 5 and 1 embryo frozen and biopsied on day 6. 2 of the 3 embryos were normal (one from day 5, plus the day 6). Dr Klein said this was very normal/typical and we had adjusted my protocol if we needed to do a second round. We did not as our frozen transfer (3 months after retrieval) was successful and I’m pregnant (15 weeks, Singleton, single embryo transfer, all genetic tests are normal)! We still have one frozen embryo. My FET was medicated - with endometrin, PIO, and estradiol.
Frozen cycle: 11,950. FET: 3,500.
Dr Klein strongly recommended single embryo transfer as I have a ton of abdominal scars and scar tissue, and a twin pregnancy would be super high risk. I agreed and my OB was in 100% agreement - she was also against a multiple embryo transfer.

20 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved... Elsa was my rock, she honestly was my biggest support system and she responded to all my questions and followed up with my daily and I never felt like she had any other patients she knew my statistics, charts and treatments like the back of her hand
20 Eggs Frozen
European, East Asian, South Asian
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved however I was self pay so I did not have to deal with her that much, she didnt exactly tell me about discount programs, options etc...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very calm and patient and understood my background and my body before giving me information and statistics, she catered the treatment to me and my needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She ha a great bedside manner and is very informative without being too technical, it is like talking to your best friend who is a specialist in a field you need information on! she was very patient and welcoming and positive
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
ask a lot of questions and and express your goals and how many eggs, embryos or treatments you would like to have or can afford and your expectations on communication and treatment
Describe the protocols Amy Criniti used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
on my first appointment she took it from informational to real life and asked for me to do an ultrasound and bloodwork so she could see exactly where I was with my fertility, my treatment plan from day 1 was catered to my goals and needs, i wanted to freeze 20 eggs i told her on day 1 and I was able to do that exact number with her help
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
6500 for egg retrieval, care, blood draws, procedure and monitoring and medications were separate
Bellevue

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Everything ran like clock work [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience...We wanted to be very conservative in our IVF approach-We would only fertilize two eggs at a time and any embryos resulting would be transferred (no frozen embryos). Dr Letterie never once questioned us or pushed us to be more liberal in our approach even though it would take longer. He was extremely respectful of our wishes.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything ran like clock work. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Thompson)
Sarah was an absolute gem, just like Dr Letterie. Sarah moves to a different position right before we had our BETA test and she continued to be my follow up person because she was so hopeful for us and wanted to see us through our entire cycle
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Letterie is kind and gentle but also extremely intelligent. He listened to each of our concerns about IVF without ever feeling like we were rushed and he answered every single question with us until we were satisfied. We wrote and re-wrote every plan together as a team. Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Prepare to be “wow-ed”! His level of intelligence regarding fertility is hugely impressive and his patience and bed side manner are incredible!
Describe the protocols Gerard Letterie used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I used gonal-f injections along with menopur and certotide to prepare for egg retrieval. We retrieved 18 eggs. 2 of those eggs were fertilized and 6 did not survive/were not mature. 10 were frozen. We did not want to create as many embryos as we could because we believe each one is a life so we froze eggs and sperm separately. Out of those two embryos, neither survived and we took a break. When we started again, I began on estrace pills 3 times per day for the first few days of my cycle and then added progesterone in oil shots once per day and vaginal progesterone suppositories twice a day to prepare for a possible embryo transfer. We thawed two more eggs and they were fertilized with ICSI. Both fertilized and both survived to day 5. Both embryos were transferred resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were from out of town-About 4.5 hours from the office. So we did all of our monitoring through a local lab and they got everything to Dr Letterie.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We did have some insurance coverage and Kenzie was phenomenal at maximizing those! She explained when we should pay out of pocket vs when to use insurance to get the best rates possible. She was easy to get ahold of and always quick to respond. She was a lifesaver with finances.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Often I would not get phone calls with test results. And when I would call they [Seattle Reproductive Med] would then apologize and then give me these results.... Strengths: Professional, organized, clean. Challenges: I question their lab and how good it really is - the success rates arent very high, sometimes the medical assistants were insensitive to what was going on talking about babies and pregnancy (which was often hard to hear), I sometimes felt like a number not a person.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She is very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hailey (last name?))
Strengths: informative, organized Challenges: indifferent with results, not a lot of compassion
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths: kind, compassionate, smart, took my case seriously, utilized her peers to consult for advice on treatment, optimistic, very available and quick to respond to emails. Challenges: didn't every really change my treatment protocol, which after three failed retrievals I would of thought she would, which is why I eventually left her. She wasn't as aggressive as I would of liked. She never recommended any sort of supplements or anything. She was a little indifferent about my recurrent failure.
She is good but if you have one or two failures with her I would seek advice from another clinic and doctor, one with a very good reputation for aggressive treatment.
The first two treatments were focused on stmulating the most possible eggs, which worked well, I indeed had many eggs. however, the issue was the egg quality as the embryos often began deteriorating on day 4-6 of development. The third cycle she took a different approach which was a less aggressive stimulation but longer, to see if that would improve the egg quality, but it did not have different results. I still had a high number of eggs retrieved and no good embryos as of day 5-6.
We spent about $45,000 out of pocket in 2017 for three rounds of IVF.
She had a very strong prefernce to only transfer one embryo at a time. She also never recommended PGS/D, so this was always something I disagreed with her about. She had the attitutde that PGS/D made no difference in the end, but in my mind it made a huge difference, as undergoing failed transfers because the embryo s bad is earth shattering. I think she doesn't quite realize the impact a failed transfer has on the psych.

PCOS, Unexplained
Never had to wait excessively long [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and always so accommodating to scheduling needs...The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed...The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is pretty amazing. My one complaint is that it’s in a very dense part of the city without a lot of parking. There is an attached garage but when you are going several times a week, paying for parking (on top of an IVF cycle) got to be quite expensive.
Personal connection and human conversation. Never had to wait excessively long and always so accommodating to scheduling needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kahlia Aposhian)
The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed. One of the scariest parts of IVF aid the liming cost vs what insurance will cover. The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Klein was so warm and inviting and didn’t make me feel like my infertility was my fault. She presented many options, was patient and kind and had the highest standards for the care she provided. Though an extremely scientific process, Dr Klein never made my treatment feel too clinical or sterile.
Be upfront with your goals and timelines if they are important to you. Listen to her advice and try not to get too far in the weeds of “what if’s”. She advised IVF early on but because I knew more about IUI, I opted to try that several times first. Turns out, they were a waste of time and money and IVF was inevitable. I wish I would have listened to HER rather than friends/family/societal norms.
Out of pocket, I think the cost for my cycle ended up being about $4k, but I had great insurance that had a $20k infertility lifetime coverage.
Dr Klein did recommend a single embryo transfer, which I was surprised by since you hear about so many IVF pregnancies with multiples.
Seattle

The scheduling staff [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was unorganized and we experienced long waits and even saw others turned away from scheduling errors. The nurses were great in all aspects. The patient portal was very user-friendly.... We waited over and hour for our appointment because the prior appointment was incorrectly scheduled as a short time slot for a follow up rather than new patient.... [nurse] is highly knowledgeable and provided detailed feedback/explanations that were easily understood.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The scheduling staff was unorganized and we experienced long waits and even saw others turned away from scheduling errors. The nurses were great in all aspects. The patient portal was very user-friendly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Lack of willingness to help with a plan we were comfortable with, lack of bedside manners, algorithm created with incorrect personal data
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burchell)
Kimmy Burchell was my main point of contact/communication. She was prompt and thorough. Kimmy was familiar with my chart and provided positive encouragement for alternative treatment options. She is highly knowledgeable and provided detailed feedback/explanations that were easily understood.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She spent our consultation reviewing all the potential infertility possibilities in great depth. This was overwhelming and in the end only our diagnosis was relevant so time wasted. She did most of the talking and didn’t save much time for us to ask questions. During my AFC scam she announced she wasn’t finding any follicles, which was extremely upsetting, and then after a bit more searching she found them. She preformed this year mid-cycle, which I’ve since learned is not the best time for this test/scan. Once diagnosed with DOR, she pushed for us to go straight to IVF with no other options provided. When we expressed that we were not ready to go straight to IVF and asked what other options we have. Dr. Kennedy said, “well I guess you could do Letrozole with timed intercourse.” No monitoring or follow up. She provided a report for our chances/odds of IVF and IUI but the personal information/data she used was not accurate. We felt she was only interested in working with us if we did IVF. Since seeing her, I’ve been retested (1 year later) and all numbers are slightly better. My OAR ERS is 10 (fair 6-10, good 11-15), AMH 1.12, FSH 6.56 at age 33.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t see her
Describe the protocols Janet Kennedy used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She prescribed Letrozole 2.5mg times cycle days 3-7 with times intercourse. That was all the direction. No follow up or monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Patient costs (after Ins) to see doctor was just shy of $1000 for initial consultation with doctor, blood tests, AFC, HSG, and follow-up with doctor.
Describe Janet Kennedy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Janet Kennedy
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Janet Kennedy at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

PCOS, Unexplained
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they [Seattle Repro Med] were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.).... They switched systems while we were there, and didn't communicate new procedures which meant we almost lost $1,000 in the old system.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.). It's painful to deal with them.
With Dr. Dudley, we felt important-we never felt rushed, and we felt genuine care. Some of the nurses less so, but with Dr. Dudley we definitely felt human, and not like we were just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We soon realized that we had to know our stuff with the nurse we were assigned to. So we did tons of research. She would assume we knew everything, but this was our first time doing IVF. Things like what you should and shouldn't do, for example. We felt like she was a necessary requirement of the clinic, but didn't really provide us with support. We did that on our own-luckily we loved our dr so we stayed.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley had a great balance of being straightforward and realistic, while also being very optimistic and positive. We always left realizing that while we had a long road to go, but also feeling that we would get pregnant. He would tell us his personal opinion on what he would do and why, but always empowered us to make the decisions.
Ask lots of questions!
We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI, the embryos were left to develop for 5 days and then all embryos were frozen. Dr. Dudley performed my egg retrieval. I then had a frozen embryo transfer (1 embryo) that another dr. performed. It resulted in a negative. We transferred another frozen embryo (1 again), and it resulted in a pregnancy!
We were lucky and our insurance covered our treatments up to a certain amount. We had co-pays still so it was still pricey, but we were covered. We used up our $15,000 benefit, and probably paid $5-8,000 out of pocket for all of our treatments and drugs.
He feels strongly about eSET, but is willing to transfer two if that's your preference.
Seattle

The network of nurses and other support personnel [Seattle Repro Med] were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this....The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The network of nurses and other support personnel were amazing and always available. It was very easy to get questions answered -- and I had a lot of them. Costs and dealing with billing were downsides, but I'm not sure what could be done to change this.
The clinic had a good set-up -- most of the time, I would communicate with a nurse/physician's assistant, who would respond quickly to all online or phone questions. Whenever I needed to consult the doctor, that was arranged for me promptly, usually within that day. When I met with the doctor directly, she made time to answer all of my questions and never gave me the impression that there was a time limit to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was assigned a nurse from the first appointment and communicated with her regularly over the next several months (I don't remember her name mainly because I'm terrible with names -- it might have been Katie). I saw her almost every time I went into the office for any treatments, and she was my main point of communication for questions during the various cycles. I have nothing but good things to say about her!
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She seemed knowledgeable and compassionate when I met with her. I always had lots of questions, and those questions were answered. I did not get pregnant, but I never felt that was due to poor treatment.
Make sure to schedule an appointment specifically with the doctor if/when there are major questions -- the support staff are amazing with the day-to-day, so it's easy to forget that the doctor is there to talk about the major treatment options.
There were no indications of infertility (other than age), so we started with unmedicated IUI treatments for the first few months. When those did not work, I added letrozole for a couple of months. After meeting with Dr. Cho, we decided to add fertility injections (keeping the letrozole as well) and a trigger shot before the IUI.
My insurance was good at the time, so costs were manageable. Even copays were in the hundreds of dollars, however, so it did cost a lot of money -- without insurance, I assume this would be extremely expensive.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very new and clean. They only have an embryologist part of the month so must do batching for IVF. Appointments are easy to get. Billing is a nightmare and extortionistic. I had to call 7 times to get an itemized bill. They held on to $13,000 for several months and it took weeks to get a refund. When I was transitioning from a patient to a monitoring patient, despite the fact that I had been a patient there for 2 years they wanted to charge me "to set me up as a tech patient" plus charge for sending results to my new doctor. I was told "they have to make money somehow".
Dr. Houmard was empathetic throughout treatment until the last cycle. She was clear that due to diminished ovarian reserve treatment options with own egg might be limited. She was willing to treat us though she never offered to vary from one protocol. She also a few times gave extremely devastating information either via email, or over the phone without offering any followup.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The nursing care at the clinic was amazing. Very organized, always available. Very helpful in trying to explain the physician's rational if there was something I didn't understand.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think she is a compassionate doctor. She tried to help our very severe infertility problems. However, she did more harm than good, because she refused to vary her protocol which was not working for us, didn't draw labs to check things during treatment and also proceeded forward with ivf stims without baseline labs or ultrasounds. All things that caused us to waste money on unsuccessful treatment. We attempted 6 mini IVF cycles and only made it to retrieval on the 6th one. One egg was retrieved, but was found to be overmature. There was no labwork done to check my E2 levels, or my LH levels, so it was a very risky thing to proceed to retrieval at that point. Unfortunately as the patient at that point in time I did not know that those were routine things done at most practices to prevent poor outcomes. Perhaps if you are doing standard IVF or IUI with her, your treatment outcome might be better, but I do not recommend for those with more difficult problems to overcome. They lower the price of mini IVF, but don't actually do enough monitoring to make you successful.
Don't do mini IVF with her.
Mini IVF- No baseline ultrasound or labs. Letrazole 5mg CD 3-7, Follistim 150 units CD 6-8. Start Ganirelix CD 8. No labs checked, ultrasound CD 9. Zero labs checked prior to retrieval. Ultrasound to measure follicle size only. Birth control pills for cycle batching (also bad for DOR). Results = all dismal.
Mini IVF cycle was $13,600, ultrasounds $330 unless you are a tech patient then they are $400.
Describe Brenda Houmard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Spokane Valley

The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, well staffed, organized, and has good driving instructions etc. on their website. When you meet with the doctor, you then also meet with your nurse coordinator, are set up for the patient portal, and also get to meet with a billing/financial specialist who sits down with you face to face and explains in detail the costs of services provided. Very helpful comprehensive care compared to other providers I have been seen by.
Dr. Cho was very thorough in evaluating my medical history and how it pertained to my care. I didn't feel like she was giving me a "blanket treatment" that she would use on everyone who walked through her door, I felt that the treatment I was receiving was tailored to my needs and my body. She was great at explaining all of the information in a kind manner that made sense and made my husband and I feel very comfortable with the care that was going to be provided. She and her staff really took time with us and allowed us to ask questions freely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nurses that we have dealt with are so personal and compassionate. They are great at responding quickly through the patient portal and over the phone to concerns. Anytime that I would let them know that I had a negative pregnancy test they were compassionate and gave their apologies that the cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. The nursing staff is helpful, communicates well, addresses questions, is friendly, and gives personal service.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is a very compassionate, competent, well educated doctor that seems to really go out of her way for her patients. She presented information to us that was evidence based but easy to understand. We left with great patient education handouts that summarized a lot of the information she spoke to us about during the appointment. She made my husband and I feel that she was truly interested in helping us and took the time to make sure she understood our medical histories well and what our goals were. I really appreciate Dr. Cho and her honesty and her approach to practicing medicine.
Come prepared with questions you may have for her because she is willing to take the time to answer your questions and concerns (if it isn't something she already covered).
My husband and I had had 5 failed IUI cycles in a different city. Dr. Cho reviewed all of our records from those treatments. Based on our medical history she recommended a slightly different course of IUI treatment, but a far more thorough course. We told her that we wanted to take a couple of months without IUI before we restarted again, so she recommended that I take clomid and track my cycles with OPKs and let them know every month is I got my cycle. The clomid cycles (which I had never attempted before) didn't work for us. We then did an IUI cycle, with clomid and ultrasound monitoring. I was ovulating on my own and didn't need to give any trigger injections. Based on the OPK results and ultrasound results we did an IUI (with clomid before) and then began prometrium a couple of days after the IUI. No pregnancy. For the second IUI with Dr. Cho she had me stop the clomid (i was having some not fun side effects) and change to letrozole with an FSH trigger injection on CD9. Then OPK and ultrasound again, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. IUI #3 she wanted to try and stimulate my follicles slightly differently based on my ultrasound results last cycle. I took letrozole again, FSH shot again, OPKs, ultrasound and triggered with ovidrel, IUI and prometrium like last cycle. No pregnancy. Dr. Cho wanted us to attempt 3 assisted IUI cycles with her office and then wanted to have a consult again if we weren't successful. We met with her recently since we have had 3 assisted IUI cycles with SRM, and 5 IUI cycles with another practice. We are now looking at IVF since we have unexplained infertility.
One IUI cycle (not including medications) for one ultrasound and the insemination (including cost of lab to prep the semen) was $600. One IVF cycle with egg retrieval is estimated to cost around $13,500.00 without medications which are estimated to cost an additional $3000-6000 depending on the individual patient's needs.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic needs flexible hours to accommodate those clients that work.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have autoimmune diseases and a complicated history of Lyme's disease. My doctor was given an extensive and comprehensive medical history. I asked multiple times to take these things into consideration and to give me personalized treatment based on this information. This was never done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Blackorby)
My nurse was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Both my partner and myself felt like cattle, being run through the clinic with no individualized attention and part of a cog in a wheel for the clinic to make money. While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility. I researched this on my own and since have gotten a second option from a doctor who has explained this to me and is in the process of putting me on a treatment program that is specific to my medical issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research and insist on individual treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Barker. The first round was using letrozole with Ovidreal injection. The next two times, using estrogen injections, Ovidreal trigger injection with 200 mg of progesterone vaginally daily.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
In total, our out of pocket costs were approx $2,500
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
None
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
An unforeseen finding required that we be referred to another sub-specialist and that referral process was very drawn out and delayed, we feel Dr Letterie and his team [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] did not have the same since of urgency that we did. It took 3 plus weeks to receive imaging results (after we were told we would have results within 48 hours of the imaging). After calling on a weekly basis inquiring about the results we were told to go to the imaging center ourselves to get the results. Overall we were told conflicting information and there was an extreme delay in communicating very sensitive results. It was very stressful and disheartening.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: several locations with weekend and evening hours, fairly easy and fast to get an appointment, online patient portal was easy to use. Financial counselors were very helpful. Weaknesses: you have to pay for parking, this is a large clinic and in some ways it felt a bit impersonal
I would say I was treated slightly more like a number than a human. Our nurse was not good at communicating information or returning phone calls. Throughout our work up we found unexpected results requiring surgery and we feel this information was not communicated in a timely manner or in a compassionate/empathetic manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
We struggled greatly with our assigned nurse coordinator. Weaknesses included: not following through on communicating when she said she would (via email or phone call), not timely in coordinating care, when we received bad news she minimized and negated our feelings of being shocked and scared. We felt unheard and that our care was not a priority.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Initially Dr Letterie was very compassionate, thorough and articulate in communicating our treatment plan. We feel like this shifted when we got unexpected results at which point we felt that communication was not timely or consistent. There was a lack of urgency in developing a modified treatment plan and getting us referred to the appropriate physicians to manage our unexpected results. We also feel that the empathy and compassion in communication trailed off when unexpected results occurred.
Be proactive in advocating for yourself and your medical needs.
Describe Gerard Letterie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were strongly encouraged to do a single embryo transfer

3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
The clinic [SRM] is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting...The errors made by my coordinator in scheduling and ordering medications, gave me the impression that I was another patient ID and not relating to me as a person with specific requests for my treatment...The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check
3 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
From what I can gather from other folk's experiences, the clinic is efficient. I can generally get appointments in a timely fashion and there is little waiting. You won't see your primary doctor often, but you do have the ability to get questions routed to them via the portal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa Haile)
The general nursing staff was great! They were friendly and competent and were the only people that made me feel like a person However, my coordinator made several mistakes in scheduling, communicating, and prescription refills that left me feeling that I needed to double-check all scheduling, confirm instructions repeatedly, and keep an active watch over prescription doses and amounts so I could notify her with enough time to get refills with out it resulting in me paying rush fees. My following up, due to my lack of confidence in her ability, seemed to generate annoyance from her.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very personable and compassionate and was understanding of my desire to understand the scientific specifics about my treatment plan. She set realistic expectations from the onset. I found her manner reassuring and lacking any evidence to the contrary, I trust her abilities.
Ask questions and self-advocate. There are aspects of my treatment plan that were included, but I only knew that because I asked about them. There might be things you want to explore that aren't offered up by the doctor.
Antagonist protocol with a Lupron trigger (Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide). This seemed to be the standard protocol and there were only minor adjustments to medications to address data that was only available after the first cycle. Overall results seem to be about as expected. Lupron trigger was to reduce chances for OHSS.
IUI cycles were medicated with only Clomid and ran around $600 per cycle. Egg Retrieval for freezing was a flat $11,950 per cycle excluding medications. PGS was an additional $2,000 for biopsy per cycle and $2,250 to lab (up to 8 samples). Medications ran approximately $5k per cycle. Frozen transfers are quoted at a flat $3,500 per cycle excluding medications. Medications are estimated to be $2,000 per cycle.
Since I brought up PGS testing before IVF treatment started and was clear that we preferred eSET there was little to no discussion on multiple embryo transfer.

2014 - 2017
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds...I didn't connect with the first nurse we had [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great...Dr Klein has amazing follow through - emailing me back over weekends, sometimes late at night, once while she was on vacation! - that made me feel like she was tracking me closely and cared very much about my outcome. She is a doctor who keeps current and had always heard of the latest research, often knew the doctor or clinic publishing, that I had questions about which I really appreciated. I never feel rushed and always feel like I'm getting her best.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When you call to make an appointment, there is sometimes a long wait. It's a crap shoot. When the wait is long, there's a recording "you are number X in the queue" which is annoying to hear. It's better now (16/17) than it was in 2014. Not sure what changed but seems like a simple thing to right-size.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Haley, Angie and Shannon)
I didn't connect with the first nurse we had. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We have 1 viable embryo left from a 2017 cycle. And are completely out of pocket so this is our last cycle. Knowing how much rides on this last FET, I recently brought her a list of additions to get her opinion. We went through each one and she helped me weigh the options and decide together on a course of treatment for FET that we feel comfortable with.
2014 cycle - Follistim 300, Menopur 75, Galenrlix. trigger on Day 9. 13 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertalized via ICSI, 4 made it to Day 5 to PGS test, 2 normal. First FET resulted in 7/2015 birth. Second FET in 2016 resulted in chemical. 2016 cycle - Gonal F 450, Menopur 75, Cetrotide. trigger on Day 9. 11 retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertalized with ICSI, 3 made it to Day 5 to PGS test. No normals. 2017 cycle - after being on supplements, some of which were recommended by Dr Klein. Follistim 450, Menopur 75, Ganerlix, trigger Day 9, 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertalized, 2 made it to Day 5, 1 normal. Because of my age (40), she felt the max dose was warranted. I was concerned that high meds impacted egg quality but she explained it's a numbers game - trying for as many eggs as possible because the number of normals declines rapidly as we age.
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds.
We were adamant we only transfer one at a time and did PGS to help improve our chances. She never tried to talk us out of our preferred approach.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The strengths [of SRM-Tacoma] were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
I felt very empowered as a patient like a partner in my care plan. Dr Barker was passionate about what she does and thoroughly explained each step of the process from start to finish. Very warm and welcoming demeanor. She wanted to ensure we received the best change at a positive result so she did very through testing to try to get a root cause of our not having a sustained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff, and care coordinator were very welcoming and caring. They were available to answer questions and provide support through the process. They made you feel like family.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is very caring and passionate about her work and patients. She is extremely through in her explanation and available to talk things through if further explanation is needed. I ended up having some bleeding a few days after my initial ultrasound after our successful transfer and she had me come in to have a ultrasound to see if there was a cause for the bleeding which there was a SCH. She helped reassure and put my mind at ease will also being realistic.
Be fully open with her about your expectations and hope for your fertility journey.
We did some blood tests to rule out any blood based factors, sperm analysis, scans of my insides to check for fibroids or anything else that may be contributing to my loss and difficulty becoming pregnant. HSG and saline sonogram as well which is where we discovered I had a polyp/ fibroid where they would implant the embryo so our plan of attack was surgical removal and push my IVF cycle back a month. Ended up being the best course of approach for us as that coupled with acupuncture, abdominal massage and the lupron protocol resulted in a successful sustained pregnancy.
I want to say it was roughly $12,000 for our IVF cycle however insurance covered about 90% of it.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Strengths [Seattle Reproductive Med]: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic... Kimmy was excellent--available, compassionate, caring, responsive, organized, etc. When I switched to a different dr at SRM, I asked to stay with Kimmy (which I did.)
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic in Oregon.
Dr Dudley always seemed like he was in a rush. He also wasn't willing to think outside the box. He had his standard protocol. He wasn't open to or wasn't able to customize to my situation.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment. Also, he was overly confident. He said I had "above average fertility for someone my age." Yet, after 3 IVF cycles, and more than 70 eggs retrieved, he couldn't get me pregnant. He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying." He also discouraged me from going to other clinics because he said that "all labs are basically the same." I have since learned that this is not the case. I liked Dr Dudley a lot until I had disappointing results.
I would choose a different dr at SRM.
I did the antagonist cycle for a freeze all. Then I did long lupron for fresh transfer. Then (after poor results from fresh transfer), I did antagonist again.
Approx 14K per IVF cycle $3500 for FET
Dr Dudley is a fan of eSET..which I am too

PCOS, Unexplained
SRM has multiple locations in this area which is really nice. The Bellevue location was the most convenient for me, but the Kirkland and Seattle locations weren't too far away either. All of the staff that we worked with at all three locations were professional but friendly and approachable. There were times the waiting room would be full but it felt more like a community versus crowded or like the clinic was ill prepared. We felt well taken care of at each stage no matter which location we were at.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Letterie spent as much time as needed with us and never made us feel like we were taking up too much of his day. My husband and I are both the type to need to know all of the details and Dr. Letterie answered all of our questions and drew diagrams to help us remember all of the new information once we went home. He was positive and upbeat while also being realistic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina Vasquez)
Justina (Tina) was accessible and personable. She was available through secured email on their website at all times and when she was out she had a backup nurse who would respond in her place. She made our experience so much smoother because we didn't have to do much work at all. She coordinated appointments and reminded us of when to start certain parts of our treatment and who to contact for specific questions.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is friendly and personable while also being extremely experienced and professional. He, and his team, made us feel like we were the only patients they were working with every time we went in for an appointment or called with a question. Dr. Letterie was kind and patient in how he explained our potential fertility issues and each stage of us trying to conceive. He remained positive but realistic which helped us get through the failed attempts until we reached IVF which was successful on our first try. A month after our baby was born, Dr. Letterie had his team reach out to us to say congratulations and to ask us how we were doing.
Go into your appointments ready to learn because he will make all of the procedures easy to understand even for someone with no medical knowledge.
We started by making sure I was ovulating and that my tubes were in working order. Once that was determined not to be our problem Dr. Letterie checked my husbands sperm count to check that off of our list. We progressed to tracking my ovulation and taking medication to speed up my ovulation due to my long cycles and overabundance of follicles. We then did IUI to try and get the timing correct for fertilization. When that wasn't successful, my husband and I took some time off to regroup and Dr. Letterie was very kind and understanding about that. Finally, we moved onto the IVF process which resulted in a live singleton on our first try and 15 healthy embryos frozen and waiting for us when we are ready for our second.
It was expensive, but not quite as bad as I had anticipated. Dr. Letterie and his finance team were up front about what costs would look like and they went over the best options for us. There was a program to make monthly payments so the cost wasn't such a shock and there was separate option which was ideal for a family that would have a specific course of treatment. We felt well informed on our options and figuring out what worked best for us.
After our journey, I was hesitant to only transfer one embryo. What if just one didn't take and we had to have another month of disappointment and then another month of waiting and anxious anticipation? Dr. Letterie explained that carrying a baby wasn't an issue for me and if we implanted two embryos that we would have twins. He was absolutely correct with this plan because our single embryo implanted on our first try!
Kirkland

They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner [at Seattle Repro Med - Kirkland]. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed...Nurses were responsive and helpful educating and providing information with each cycle. Sometimes I had to follow up and or remind my primary nurse. I enjoyed my interactions with other nurses that covered over the weekend over my primary...
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They were able to get me appointments in a timely manner. They accommodated my schedule as best as they could. There were a few times the clinic was behind and I had to wait longer than preferred. Finance was extremely responsive and could always see me when I needed.
Dr. Cho was very responsive to my individual needs and requests. She accommodated my schedule and moved as quickly as we could to complete a successful cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho was always positive but always realistic with explanations. She was compassionate but didn't sugar coat the realities, risks, and expectations. She provided statisycs as well as her expert opinions when needed in a helpful manner. I wish she could have been my OB throughout my entire pregnancy.
Ask the hard questions, understand where you as a specific patient fall with regards to realistic expectations and outcomes.
IUI with clomid x5 cycles- Dr. Cho recommended IVF sooner but we wanted to ensure a good try with IUI. IVF with ICSI - x2 fresh cycles - cycle 1 wasn't as successful with retrieval as we hoped. This resulted with a chemical and 1 frozen. I did an immediate 2nd cycle making changes to simulation medications with a much more successful retrieval with a successful fresh transfer and multiple frozen embryos.
$30,000 for a fresh IVF with ICSI. This included medications.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] are open even on weekends to accommodate people who work normal shifts and ovulation schedules. They are friendly while scheduling and always very caring when you go in. You can tell they care about what they do and how they do it. We had great experiences at both the Kirkland and Seattle locations.... My primary nurse followed up with me every month around the time my cycle started over and made sure I had appointments to see them around the time I was ovulating. She was very organized, caring and efficient.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are open even on weekends to accommodate people who work normal shifts and ovulation schedules. They are friendly while scheduling and always very caring when you go in. You can tell they care about what they do and how they do it. We had great experiences at both the Kirkland and Seattle locations.
Dr. Criniti was very warm and comforting and always explained all of my options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Criniti was very warm and comforting and always explained things clearly. She was very sensitive to my personal beliefs and went out of her way to help us grow our family. I had no issues with her. My husband and I choose to take a step back from treatment and are planning on going to see her again in a month to discuss our next step.
I would definitely recommend seeing her! She is great!
She ran several tests, first on my husband to make sure he was healthy and his sperm count was normal. Then on me to try and figure out why I was having infertility issues. Ultrasounds, tests to make sure my fallopian tubes weren't blocked and then she started me on Letrozole because it is supposed to also help endometriosis symptoms (which it did). I was on that for around 12 months. During that time they monitored my cycles closely and did ultrasounds to see when I was ovulating. I ovulate regularly but on Letrozole I had two eggs mature several times. During the 12 months, when we could afford it we did a series of two IUI's which were not successful. She then suggested surgery as, in my previous testing, they found a endometrial cyst on one ovary and a slight uterus septum. After surgery she suggested another IUI which was also unsuccessful. So her next recommendation was IVF but my husband and I decided to step back at that point.
Prices were fair. They billed my insurance if able.
Describe Amy Criniti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have not discussed this yet with our Doctor
Kirkland

A major weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is the wait time to see the doctor once there. Several times I had appointments during my lunch hour and would end up sitting in the waiting room sometimes up to 25 minutes after my scheduled appointment. I felt like in general the doctors and staff were not always on the same page and I would sometimes get confused with another patient's treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I would say one strength would be their ability to schedule your first appointment very quickly. A major weakness is the wait time to see the doctor once there. Several times I had appointments during my lunch hour and would end up sitting in the waiting room sometimes up to 25 minutes after my scheduled appointment. I felt like in general the doctors and staff were not always on the same page and I would sometimes get confused with another patient's treatment plan.
During my visits with Dr. Thayer I found her to be rather cold. She was the first to diagnose me with PCOS and I was quite emotional after finding out that I had it. She didn't seem very warm with her delivery.
During my time at SRM the nurses confused my treatment plan on more than one occasion. I had to ask them to contact the doctor to confirm my plan.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I felt that Dr. Thayer over-promised what I should expect. I was told that I would be pregnant by the "end of the year" during my January appointment. That did not happen and quite frankly I don't know how she could be so sure of this before I'd undergone the full array of testing. I believe I only actually met with her twice, but I recall leaving in tears every time.
You should have thick skin which is sometimes very hard when dealing with such an emotional issue like infertility. Also do not expect to see her at every visit.
The first treatment strategy prescribed was a high dose of Femara and timed intercourse. After 4 rounds this did not result in a pregnancy. The side effects were so bad that I asked to have my dosage lowered, but was denied and only given the option of another drug.
It has been two years since I was a patient at SRM so I do not remember the exact cost. Also during the time I was a patient my insurance covered infertility expenses.
Describe Angela Thyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2012 - 2015
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I can't praise them [the staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] enough. It's kind of hard to know exactly what to say when I think they are just amazing at what they do and amazing people who sincerely care about their patients. I think that's a big part for me as an infertile and many others I know, that our Drs really, truly care and want to see our dreams come true. It means the world and they mean the world to me because they gave me my world, my beautiful boy.
2012 - 2015
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have had successes with them [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] resulting in blessing us with our sweet 2 year boy, and we have had fails with them, a negative ivf and a positive fet resulting in miscarriage. And still I feel so strongly that they have got me pregnant once, they will do it again, when I'm ready. I can't praise them enough. It's kind of hard to know exactly what to say when I think they are just amazing at what they do and amazing people who sincerely care about their patients. I think that's a big part for me as an infertile and many others I know, that our Drs really, truly care and want to see our dreams come true. It means the world and they mean the world to me because they gave me my world, my beautiful boy.
The entire staff treated both my husband and I with kindness and care. They were empathetic and understanding and answered all our questions in detail and no question was too silly for them. All of my emails and calls were answered and returned promptly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: lindsay craig)
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis was always very kind and made my husband and I feel comfortable. She answered all of our questions in a way we felt like she was a friend and no question was ever too silly. The same goes for our nurse coordinator, Lindsay Craig. Most of the time I dealt with Lindsay and anytime I needed her she was available whether over the phone or emails. The longest I ever waited for a response was by the end of the day. She was very prompt. My husband and I never felt like we were just a job for Dr Davis or Lindsay. We were people that they cared about. I tell all of my friends who are struggling with infertility to not waste another second and go see Dr. Davis. I think she is an amazing Dr. She wasted no time in coming up with our protocol and when it didn't work the first time she knew just what to do the next time by adding in icsi.
Ivf with icsi was 13,000 not including meds. Iui were around 2,000.

PCOS, Unexplained
While I was primarily at the Tacoma branch [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I did visit the Seattle branch several times since it was by my office and open on weekends. The Tacoma branch is nicer. Everyone seemed quite friendly, but not intrusive. There were clearly women who'd been going for a long time and seemed well known by clinic staff. Staff working on the weekends can be kind of grouchy sometimes.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
While I was primarily at the Tacoma branch I did visit the Seattle branch several times since it was by my office and open on weekends. The Tacoma branch is nicer. Everyone seemed quite friendly, but not intrusive. There were clearly women who'd been going for a long time and seemed well known by clinic staff. Staff working on the weekends can be kind of grouchy sometimes.
We met with her several times and she was very helpful and answered all of our questions. She seemed to know what she was talking about. The downside was that aside from speaking with her, I rarely saw her for any of our appointments.
Everyone seemed very kind and helpful. The person who answered the phones when SRM was closed was less so, but I don't think she was actually affiliated with them.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very happy to talk to us, we never felt rushed, even when the husband started talking about articles he'd read and wanted to know the nitty gritty biology stuff. She was friendly and kind during procedures.
Ask lots of questions. If you want her to be involved in any treatments make sure you say that. Or at least find out the odds of whether or not she'd be the ones doing things like the IUI. I don't think she did any of the IUIs for us, which was fine, but it was a bit odd to see three different people each time.
We did about 3 cycles of clomid with Nancy, standard dose. When those didn't work we moved on to IUI with clomid for three cycles. I only needed the HCG shot for one of them I believe. We were going to move on to IVF but the cost and some marital difficulties put that on hold. We haven't been back since.
Nothing was covered by health insurance after a diagnosis of infertility. I think it was probably about $1000/visit on average. Costs for IVF, which we didn't go through, seemed on par with the market, probably too expensive for us. So appointment visit, iui, sperm analysis, HCG shot were the typical charges.

2011 - 2014
I worked with several nurses [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], as turnover was high. Nurses made real mistakes on IUI timing, got confused over the difference between and opk and a pregnancy test, and we're unable to do the IUI procedure smoothly and got flustered and cried. I have email proof of nurses confusing me with other patients. They seemed overworked and miserable.
2011 - 2014
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk receptionist is the only thing good about this awful clinic. Patients should know that staff has zero respect for temperature charting. My nurse insisted that I come in for an IUI a day later than I knew I should. I insisted on doing it my way, and had a healthy baby. Whenever I trusted the clinic on timing, it failed. Also, once I told a Nurse, "is it too late to do IUI? I think I already ovulated." She said, "you wouldn't know If you did." Never mind that there is a German word for the feeling of ovulation and that I was temperature charting and knew my body very well! They just do not listen at this clinic and they treat you like a number. I switched clinics and I know that it is much better in other places.
Rarely had face time with doctor. Nurses confused my case with others, couldn't keep the patients straight, and miscalculated treatments. Doctor did not make notes in my chart so the weekend doctor could prescribe medications on time. I felt actively sabotaged in my IUI cycle, though I have no proof. I believe that as an IUI patient, I was treated as a throwaway low value patient and was not listened to. My complaints and he humiliation was endless. I switched doctors and clinics and am now treated like a human. Dr. Thayer's case load was too high for her to handle. We would sit down with her and she didn't even remember our names and she would read our chart on who we were after we entered her office. She also encouraged me to waste sperm (limited amount, husband is cancer survivor) when I was actively nursing my first child. She said that nursing a baby did not affect fertility in any way. My new doctor at a different clinic was shocked that I was encouraged to do IUIs while actively nursing my toddler.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I worked with several nurses, as turnover was high. Nurses made real mistakes on IUI timing, got confused over the difference between and opk and a pregnancy test, and we're unable to do the IUI procedure smoothly and got flustered and cried. I have email proof of nurses confusing me with other patients. They seemed overworked and miserable.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Working with Dr. Thayer and her nurses was an awful experience. She did not remember who I was the few times she saw me. She had us waste vials of sperm on IUI while I was still nursing my first child, and I felt sabotaged as an IUI patient so that I would opt for IVF. She forgot to make notes in my chart about what we talked about. She did not care if I got pregnant. She also dismissed our concerns about male factor infertility, saying we were lucky that we didn't have it as bad as some couples. Just not the way to handle it.
You are in charge of your own care. Do not expect compassion from her. Know that she is in the business of maximizing profit from convincing patients to do IVF and she gets a bonus on her IVF conversion rate.

2013 - 2014
The only area I had difficulty with [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only area I had difficulty with was the payments of the procedures. I felt like the payment coordinator needed more knowledge and compassion. We always had to pay for services after our appointment and some days I'd be in tears and having to hand over my debit card and all I wanted to do was go grieve in private. I feel there could be a better standard for receiving payment. Either upfront or an online account. Paying before the appointment would be better as well.
My nurses and techs would relay to Michelle any concerns and she would call or email me right away and address everything. She would recommend the next course of treatment or testing but would always let us be in the driver's seat of the decision. She is so compassionate and her bedside manner was exceptional, especially when she had to consult us after our first successful round during the ultrasound that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. She checked in with us often during our short stop of treatment and was our biggest cheerleader for the next treatments. We successfully got pregnant on our last round of IUI before having to move onto IVF. I appreciated her honesty that we needed to move on for a better chance of getting pregnant if the treatment didn't work this time, especially since we were paying completely out of pocket.
TIna was amazing. She would relay any concerns to Michele right away. She also helped me learn and practice giving injections and connected me with the best pharmacies to order the prescriptions from. She was well organized and had my whole protocol outlined. She would be very prompt in returning calls or emails and even checked in on us after we had our baby.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. She is a wealth of knowledge and helps you understand everything.
over 10,000

2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Strenghts: It [Seattle Repro Med] is a big clinic, so it is easy to make appointments. Front desk is very friendly. Well organized and neat facility. Parking is easy in all clinics....Weaknesses: Not all doctors were very personable, some of them somewhat rude. The finance in Kirkland office isn't so friendly. They are expensive....Anne Judge was amazing. She understand how deeply heartbroken we were and invited me to a support group that she was running at the clinic....
2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strenghts: It is a big clinic, so it is easy to make appointments. Front desk is very friendly. Well organized and neat facility. Parking is easy in all clinics. Dr.Criniti Weaknesses: Not all doctors were very personable, some of them somewhat rude. The finance in Kirkland office isn't so friendly. They are expensive.
I felt like a human because Dr. Criniti was compassionate, and caring. She understood my pain and struggle not only physical but emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anne Judge)
Anne Judge was amazing. She understand how deeply heartbroken we were and invited me to a support group that she was running at the clinic. She showed us how to deal with all our grieving feelings and how to support one another.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Amy was kind, caring and compassionate. She never gave up on me even when I was giving up. She was open to all my concerns and addressed all of them. I could tell how much she was rooting for us. She personally called with the bad news, but also let her nurses tell the good ones. She always got me an appointment early if i was concerned or insecure about my pregnancies. She was comforting and honest when my HCG numbers were not rising properly on my chemical pregnancy and also supportive when I had my one and only left frozen embryo, which i dearly called "Frostie". She was so kind and caring that she also refereed to that embryo as "frostie". That Frostie, one last hope became my bright, sweet, loving almost 4 year old son... When he was 11 months old, I naturally got pregnant and despite being a natural pregnancy, Dr. Criniti, took me as her patient for the first few weeks of my pregnancy just to give me peace of mind. I am so thankful for her.
Ask questions, and trust her. She knows what she is doing. She presented my case to the whole Clinic staff to try to help me. She will fight for you.
Cycle 1 - Birth control, then Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, then HCG Shot = Negative Cycle 2 - Put on Menopause for 3 months prior, then Lupron, Menopur, Follistim and HCG shot= Negative Cycle 3 Use my natural cycle, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim and HCG shot = Chemical and one frozen embryo. Cycle 4, natural cycle, ( dont remember meds, ) = Pregnant.
over 30 k

2010 - 2013
3 IUI, 6 IVF, Donor Eggs
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
We had a few different nurses during our years there, and they were all great, compassionate, and very good communicators... This clinic is huge, with 3 different offices that we visited and another office a little further away that we didn't. I bring this us because it was really nice, if we needed a test, we could either go to the clinic that was closest to us, or if we needed an appointment, we could pick one with a time that was most convenient for us.
2010 - 2013
3 IUI, 6 IVF, Donor Eggs
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is huge, with 3 different offices that we visited and another office a little further away that we didn't. I bring this us because it was really nice, if we needed a test, we could either go to the clinic that was closest to us, or if we needed an appointment, we could pick one with a time that was most convenient for us. Our doctor was at different offices on different days, so we have a lot of flexibility. We also knew we were going to be well covered on weekends and holidays - when you are in the middle of a cycle, mother nature doesn't care if you need a blood draw on Christmas day, you just need to get it done, and it never felt weird having holiday or weekend appointments.
She was warm, funny, compassionate, caring, and friendly. We really did feel like she cared, and that she really wanted to help us get pregnant. She laid out treatment options, gave us pros and cons and recommendations, and then let us make the choices so we felt in control of the process, as much as you can feel in control in this situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anne, Beth)
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We felt very confident in her knowledge and experience, and she also seemed to be on the cutting edge as she was regularly mentioning new research, new studies, and new treatments. It made us feel in good hands.
Be completely open and honest with her about your needs as well as your boundaries, as in what you're comfortable with and what you're not. She'll listen, really, and work with you to make sure your treatment is custom for your needs, but she can't guess what you're comfortable with.
We kind of started with the least invasive process of tests and clomid, then went to IUIs, then IVF, and after several biochemical miscarriages, we went to donor eggs. She changed the protocol after every failed pregnancy and we found success with the donor eggs, but also felt like we had literally tried everything possible.

2010 - 2011
I went through Seattle Reproductive Clinic to become a single mother by choice in 2010. At that time, I had to go to 3 different locations for services including Bellevue, Seattle and Tacoma. I lived in Tacoma so it was a hassle to have to go to the other clinics for services that were not available in Tacoma at that time. However, since that time, things may have changed. The initial interview and the evaluation with the psychologist (?) was in Bellevue. I had to go to Seattle for the insemination. I had check ups at Tacoma. They were great at organizing and scheduling everything I needed to do, and the experience was very positive and respectful throughout out.
2010 - 2011
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I felt listened to and respected for my choice to be a single mother by choice.
My experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine was very positive. I did not have any negative experiences whatsoever.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Honestly, I don't really remember much about Dr. Dudley other than it was a positive experience. I always felt listened to and respected. I did not have any fertility issues. I had IUI, and I became pregnant on the 3rd attempt.
I did not have any fertility issues, I was simply using IUI to become a single mother by choice. However, I was 36 years old so there was a possibility that I might not get pregnant right away. It was explained that it might take about 6 attempts and that we would do 3 attempts before using any hormones or other interventions. I got pregnant on the 3rd IUI attempt without any need for any interventions.
I don't recall exactly the costs as it was 6 years ago, but I believe I paid about $1,000 for testing and then about $350 per IUI. I became pregnant on my 3rd IUI

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Our clinic [SRM] has four locations! Three close to where I live so I can always get an appointment anytime I need one. They are always very clean, the front desk staff are wonderful and always so kind. The atmosphere is wonderful and I've never felt uncomfortable at any of the ones near me. ... She [nurse] is super kind and patient. She is adimant about answering any question I have.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our clinic has four locations! Three close to where I live so I can always get an appointment anytime I need one. They are always very clean, the front desk staff are wonderful and always so kind. The atmosphere is wonderful and I've never felt uncomfortable at any of the ones near me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He takes the time to explain why we are doing what we are doing. He cares about his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tanya Zakrajsek)
She is super kind and patient. She is adimant about answering any question I have. She also did my third IUI and she explained everything so well and made me feel super calm and comfortable.
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He takes the time to explain treatments and how they work. He explains how likely they are to work and not work. He always answers my questions when I need them answered and checks in on my cycles. He is a great doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't hesitate to make an appointment! He is a little indirect when it comes to how he monitors cycles. He is more of a sidelines doctor, so as long as you don't mind that he is absolutely wonderful!
Describe the protocols Paul Lin used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The first two IUI's we did were orally medicated with a trigger shot. The third was oral medication, Menopur injections and a trigger shot. We used these to help with follicles and to help me ovulate so we can do the IUIs because of my husband's motility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Most of my things were covered under insurance, but our IUIs are $650 including my husband's sample.
Paul Lin
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Unexplained
[SRM's] Strengths: Organized and welcoming; the staff is all very competent and capable. Weaknesses: Very busy. Wish we had more time with our doctors. I love and trust the nurses but there is something very reassuring about talking to my actual doctor that I need more than every 3 months.... I’ve had a hell of a time getting them to send my test results to my naturopath... $1000 per IUI $175 per ultrasound $125 per trigger shot
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Davis is amazing. Under my pervious care, I was treated like a number, misdiagnosed with PCOS, and told that I was very overweight (I’m not). Dr Davis has taken the time to get to know my husband and I, our priorities, and work with us to create a plan we are all comfortable with. She has never pushed a treatment on us that we were not ready for, and is always available to talk when I need encouragement. Just last night we were on the phone for an hour because we found out our latest treatment failed. I am lucky to be under her care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Andrews )
Collaborative Kind Empathetic Encouraging
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Her communication, transparency and ability to empathize are her super powers. Weaknesses: I wish I could talk to her more, but I also understand that I am in good care with the nursing staff and they are all very aligned.
Giving a list of lifestyle changes that she recommends would be nice; even if it is just a book she likes. It helps me to keep my mind busy and feel like I’m doing something to help myself and I’d love to be aligned with her vision of what health looks like
A lot. $1000 per IUI $175 per ultrasound $125 per trigger shot
She encourages SET vs DET to reduce complexity in birth. She explained the risks well and I love her conservative but confident approach
Seattle

The coordinators and staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone... estimated $1000 for one IUI...The clinic seems very organized at the consultation. It is very structured in regards to who you meet and what their part is. Everyone provides their own business card, which is helpful. The weakness would be offering a plan, but not telling me what to do when the plan doesn’t work. How many IUIs should I try, or what is the success rate of an IUI were nit explained to me.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Cho was very friendly. I spoke with her in a private office and she explained things well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The coordinators and staff are very responsive through the patient portal. However, I would not recommend getting answers over the phone.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho was informative at the consultation, but that is the only time I have seen her. She cared about my history and listened to my concerns. However, Dr Cho did not cover in the consultation that she would not see me for follow ups, or be the one to do the IUI.
My advice would be to ask more questions regarding the procedures. Be sure to ask who does the procedures and what she recommends if the procedures fails. Does she ever do the procedures?
I did three days of Femara and an Ovidrel injection, followed with an IUI. We have been trying for 2 years and this was her first recommendation.
This is still pending insurance, which won’t cover anything, but estimated $1000 for one IUI

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The biggest weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] has been the schedulers. No two cycles are the same and when I have had to have a last minute ultrasound they were not always professional in helping to find a time to schedule it...Lindsay [nurse] is always prompt to respond to my ongoing questions and has been supportive when the past two cycles did not produce the desired results
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The biggest weakness has been the schedulers. No two cycles are the same and when I have had to have a last minute ultrasound they were not always professional in helping to find a time to schedule it.
She takes time to listen to the questions that both my husband and I have. She's honest and direct with her approach to treatment, but also listens to the desires that I have in my treatment. She's aggressive, but not too much. Since she implemented a plan for me I've felt more hopeful
Lindsay is always prompt to respond to my ongoing questions and has been supportive when the past two cycles did not produce the desired results
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I've been very happy with the care that I've received from Dr. Criniti. Whenever I have had something come up question or issue with the clinic she is prompt to respond. When something looks like it's not working then she is open to changing the course of treatment and listens to all the questions that my spouse and I have.
Don't be afraid to ask questions
When I started with Dr. Ciniti I was only on oral medication (Femara), for the purpose of shortening my cycle, and testing with OPKs. Then when we started the IUI process I continued with the OPKs and Femara, but she had me add a trigger shot of Ovidrel so that we could time the ovulation. If this cycle of IUI does not produce a pregnancy then we will add other injectibles so that we can give more than one egg a chance.
$14,ooo w/o meds

2012 - 2018
My first IVF cycle [at SRM] went very smoothly ever my second one has been completely horrible. I've had appointments moved or scheduled at different times and I was told I have had the wrong blood work drawn and they've even had the wrong medications sent to me.... I can not say enough good things about Lexie. I have been with her for so long, that I not can talk to her like a friend. She is SO smart and knowledgeable with her work, but she is so compassionate and relatable to. I just love her!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My first IVF cycle went very smoothly ever my second one has been completely horrible. I've had appointments moved or scheduled at different times and I was told I have had the wrong blood work drawn and they've even had the wrong medications sent to me.
I had a horrible experience with my first IUI. The Clomid made me develop too large this. My husband rushed me to the ER and I stayed at the hospital by my house for 7 Days. Dr Dudley and his nurse both called my husband several times a day everyday to check on me. He was very concerned and want to make sure that I was receiving the best care possible since he did not have Hospital rights where I was staying.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie )
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have recommended Dr Dudley to at least half a dozen of my friends. Not only does he explain his treatment plan to you extremely clearly but he's also very compassionate. I have had other issues with my clinic as far as billing and appointments and have wanted to leave practice. I have never left though because I trust dr. Dudley completely and don't want to end my relationship with him.
If you want a dr that is completely candid with you and be extremely detailed with his explanations than dr. Dudley is perfect for you.
Seattle
I like how the Tacoma office [Seattle Repro Med] is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.... I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.... Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I like how the Tacoma office is nearby. One weakness is they are closed during the weekend and you have to drive to Seattle for a procedure on the weekends. The scheduling staff usually get back to you fast which is nice.
Very nice guy who explained everything to us that we wanted and was very professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ann)
The nurses have been pretty good. Whenever I had questions I would message them on the online program and they would get back to me fast.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Erik Mazur at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consultation with the doctor he was very nice, informative, and professional. I have seen him once after that to talk about possible IVF after six cycles of not getting pregnant because I am not producing enough eggs for my age. After four failed cycles the nurse suggested for us to make an appointment with him. Even though I do not want to hear the IVF talk I know that is our next step probably.
The nurses are more available than he is unless you make an appointment with him. Although, I never contacted him myself.
I have been taking Letrozole during my period. I am not sure why I am taking this specific pill. Then on my 10th cycle day an ultrasound has been done to show How much the eggs are growing. If I have a mature egg, I took ovidrell injection before the IUI. I feel some nurses are better than others when doing the IUI. Some were painful and some others weren’t.
I am lucky to say I have pretty good insurance. We are on our fifth cycle and probably spent only a couple hundred dollars.
Erik Mazur
Tacoma

They [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself.... She [nurse] was caring but as well a very bad communicator.... If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They some holes in their clinic. I am giving it to part that they are a satellite faculty with the mother facility being 5 hrs away. They screwed up my billing massively. They show compassion but at a minimal level. Be prepared to be just a number. Their communication is subpar so be sure to advocate for yourself. If you know this ahead you will have a better time then learning it as you are going for your first experience. If there was more options in this area I am sure they would not be doing as well due to these factors.
Dr. Houmard rarely called to give us updates. We mostly called them to get information. She also did not call when I called and said I got my period. I talked to the nurse that day and never heard from anyone again. It was just over.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She was caring but as well a very bad communicator.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She has compassion. But her communication lacks. She didn't even call after I said I got my period and the transfer didn't work. I have not spoken to her since day of transfer, where I was thrilled about her because she was so compassionate on that day. After that day it was like she forgot about me, which was disappointing.
You have to be your own advocate. She will not keep you informed unless you constantly call the office to pry information.
Not the most affordable but their are not many options here and the know it.

2012 - 2017
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The Bellevue office [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very friendly. They were always able to fit you in for appointments. They are consistent at trying to schedule you with the same nurse for each appointment. Sometimes they could not get me in the clinic of my preferance. They didn't seem to call me if an appointment became available in the Bellevue clinic even though I asked.
2012 - 2017
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The Bellevue office was very friendly. They were always able to fit you in for appointments. They are consistent at trying to schedule you with the same nurse for each appointment. Sometimes they could not get me in the clinic of my preferance. They didn't seem to call me if an appointment became available in the Bellevue clinic even though I asked.
Felt human because she was understanding and warm towards our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Darla)
Darla was great. She went over my calendar for each cycle. She was friendly and compassionate. Felt like I could talk to her about anything. My last cycle I was assigned to a different nurse. She was ok, but I would have much rather worked with Darla. This nurse wasn't as friendly.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She didn't candy coat our situation. She presented us with all of our options. She was kind and warm. Made me feel like everything will work out but it could take time and to not give up. After my last miscarriage, she said not to give up, we had 1 more frozen embryo left. She said sometimes people give up after a miscarriage, but because our last embryo was such high quality, she didn't want us to let it go. Unfortunately that last one didn't take. So here we are still trying for a miracle. We will be meeting with her again soon.
Have an open mind to her suggestions. They are the best chance you have.
Injection medication was not included with treatment. I don't think I spent more than $1200 for each cycle. For 1 Ivf cycle, the cost was around $7000.
She had adjust my dosage of follistim on my last cycle.

2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Since I lived in another state, I spoke with my care coordinator [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] a lot! She was instrumental in answering all my scheduling and pharmaceutical questions. And every other question I had. They were always friendly and extremely prompt in returning my call. My experience would not have been the same without them!
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I spoke with Nancy Klein on the phone a couple of times before meeting her. We live in a different state. She is a busy woman in a busy practice. I didn't always see her personally when I was out in Seattle for different steps of the IVF process. I really liked her demeanor and personality and trusted her partners I saw while having my eggs retrieved and implanted. The patient coordinator is the person whom I really spoke to most and helped walk me through the day-to-day steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Sullivan and Lindsay Craig )
Since I lived in another state, I spoke with my care coordinator a lot! She was instrumental in answering all my scheduling and pharmaceutical questions. And every other question I had. They were always friendly and extremely prompt in returning my call. My experience would not have been the same without them!
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy is a very caring person and a professional. She is a mother of 4 and really listened to what I wanted. She took the information I gave her and quickly put in place a plan to achieve our goals. I had complete confidence in her and her team. Her partners made me feel very comfortable, but I am glad she is my primary physician.
Tell her exactly what you want. How many kids ideally. She will be truthful about your odds etc.
I lived in another state and had my appointments at a local clinic

Anovulation, Male Factor
I truly only have great things to say about SRM. They are thorough, cooperative, collaborative, kind, and easy to communicate and work with. They have an online portal that helps you see test results and communicate with your team. From the moment you walk in, even the front desk staff is kind and welcoming. They make you feel as comfortable as they can.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Brenda cares about our desires to start a family and our lives as a whole not just medically.
Warm. Kind. Understanding. Welcoming. They know you never WANTED to end up there but somehow make you feel like going back.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard is clearly intelligent and does everything she can to understand the situation and approach it as calmly and as aggressively as needed. She listens to her patients and wants to fix problems that are fixable and then if they aren’t she comes up with a plan. She answers all questions in a kind manner and never makes you feel silly for asking something. She explains all test results fully and the implications of it all. She is clearly respected by her staff and we enjoy her immensely.
Ask the questions that you’re afraid to ask. She will answer them and be honest, and not make you feel stupid.
Spokane Valley

I highly recommended SRM, dr. Davis, and all of the nurses. The only place they need to improve is reception. I often wait on hold for 10 mins just to get the receptionist to schedule and appointment, and when I’m there, they are not the must warm and fuzzy. Highly recommend everyone on the care side!...Only once, the receptionist forgot to email me the recipes. When I followed up, she said she often forgets stuff like that.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis takes time to understand our situation. She’s flexible and willing to work with us if we want a more aggressive approach and will make recommendations catered to us.
Cared about me, remembered me, said the right things at each failed cycle. I am lucky to have a great nurse
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Any time we asked to meet with her, we were given a meeting. We could even do a phone call. She fully explained all options to us and was flexible with what we wanted. I’ve heard others say their RE wanted x amount of failed IUIs fbefore IVF or certain thresholds to be met, and she’s never been that way. After 3 failed IUIs she was open to continue doing them with increased medication or go to IVF. Whatever we were comfortable with. I couldn’t be happier she is my doctor.
Get in early. She’s popular!
IVF is $13,500 without meds or FET. IUI was about $650

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They [SRM] are friendly and professional. That being said... there will always be one or two that are not. Most of this will work with you to make things as human/comfortable as possible while others may try to streamline delicate processes. ... collectively around $750 per [IUI] cycle and we did 3. ... Some [nurses] were very neutral and professional yet still human about it. Others were very sterile and uncaring about how my spouse felt doing the procedure.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are friendly and professional. That being said... there will always be one or two that are not. Most of this will work with you to make things as human/comfortable as possible while others may try to streamline delicate processes.
listened to requests but stayed professional
Some were very neutral and professional yet still human about it. Others were very sterile and uncaring about how my spouse felt doing the procedure.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she cares about doing the best she can for her patients.
Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening.
We were to watch the cycle and take our perspective medications until time for the ultrasound. Once determined that it was time for the procedure she would have my spouse take the shot and go in for the IUI, most of the time the following day.
collectively around $750 per cycle and we did 3.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Wonderful i have nothing bad to say about the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Med]overall wonderful. They were there and willing to help or call if you had any questions while the doctor was out or not available. If i had to say a weakness it would be that not all services are available on Saturdays but that seems to be a normal thing in the fertility clinics.... Strength would be nice and caring. Weakness would be brutally honest and blunt.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful i have nothing bad to say about the clinic overall wonderful. They were there and willing to help or call if you had any questions while the doctor was out or not available. If i had to say a weakness it would be that not all services are available on Saturdays but that seems to be a normal thing in the fertility clinics.
I felt like a human due to his bedside manner. During an emotional journey he helped me feel uplifted during hard times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dollie)
Strength would be nice and caring. Weakness would be brutally honest and blunt.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Upon meeting with Dr Letterie he was very thoughtful and trustworthy eith our plan and future of wanting to have a child. He was very interested in our journey and what had and didnt work for us. He kept in contact with us through our journey with him even with personal phone calls checking in on us. He spent the time and effort i needed with an emotional journey and earned our trust throughout a very hard time with other doctors we never were able to trust. I am so excited to have gone through my first cycle with him and he has brought me alot of hope and i cant wait to do another cycle with him.
Dont feel bad for asking questions, he i very much willing to explain things if you have any questions.
Seattle

Large staff to help out Good communication Mid-high prices Offers outside finance groups Would be nice to offer cash pay patients with no insurance a small discount. Overall I had a great experience with Seattle reproductive medicine... Tina is always very compassionate, will always discuss treatment, my questions and help me prepare for my next step. Tina has always been respectful and encouraged me not to give up.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I felt human because Dr Cho and staff were always here to answer my questions and concerns and any fears I had
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina ( Tina))
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Cho was always real, she didn’t sugar coat anything to make me feel better. She has always given me real expectations and explained why things were important to my case. She offered her opinion but also respected my thoughts and opinions as well. Dr. Cho has her own personal experience with fertility which brings I believe more understanding and trust with the patient. She has helped me Feel at peace with treatment.
Don’t wait so long doing IUI. If it doesn’t work after 2, move on

2012 - 2018
[Seattle Reproductive Med-Kirkland's] Strengths: Multiple locations, the Seattle location is open Saturdays and Sundays, great group of doctors, great receptionists, they do a ton of tests in house Weaknesses: Some of the nurses that do blood draws in Seattle on the weekends aren't very good, expensive... We did a package plan through Attain, Attain IVF Refund 2+ Program in 2016. It was 25,950. Our current cycle of IVF is $13,742.02. I don't remember the cost of the other rounds of IVF.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis and my nurse, Tina, are always kind, professional, and are always available by phone and email.
Tina is absolutely amazing. She is calm, kind, professional, and shows that she cares about me as a person. She is also responds quickly to emails and phone calls.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is well spoken, kind, compassionate, professional, and smart. She also really wants us to get pregnant, and is so disappointed when we get a negative result. I know that I can always contact Dr. Davis by phone and/or email.
Be proactive. If you have questions, ask them.
Oh goodness, I don't remember. We've had 3 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 cancelled IVF due to low response, and 1 FET. We used different protocols for every cycle.
We only transfer one or two embryos at a time.
Kirkland

Very quick to get in as a new patient [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment...She is very quick to respond to any messages i send in the patient portal which i greatly appreciate...I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very quick to get in as a new patient, has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment.
She is so personable and listens earnestly. She genuinely wants to work with you until you’ve achieved a pregnancy. She herself also went through fertility treatment, which makes it easy to relate to her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Barker already had a plan of action in place. I really appreciated her urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Be grateful! You are working with a doctor with her heart in the right place, with equal drive to help you reach your goals.
Tacoma

I’ve been seeing them [Seattle Repro Med] for 6 months and I haven’t had any issues with the staff. My appointments are 95% on time. The setting is clean and calm. The receptionist are extremely professional. The financial counselor is so informative....Each IUI after insurance cost us approximately $350 with medications. Insurance has covered labs and ultrasounds.... She [nurse] replies in a timely manner with answers to my questions. Gets my prescriptions in very quickly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve been seeing them for 6 months and I haven’t had any issues with the staff. My appointments are 95% on time. The setting is clean and calm. The receptionist are extremely professional. The financial counselor is so informative.
Very caring and provided us with helpful and honest information with great manners. Made us feel welcomed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy Burnett)
She replies in a timely manner with answers to my questions. Gets my prescriptions in very quickly.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She’s very informative and answers all your questions honestly without giving you false hopes. She remembers you and what treatments you’ve done. She made me feel welcomed and provided us care and information during our loss.
You are in great hands, be ready for bumps in the road but Dr. Cho will guide you through it.
First 2 IUIs failed and after requesting a more aggressive approach she agreed without hesitation and it worked, although it ended at 8 weeks she saw me through it.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] would only transfer 2 aftwr speaking to us and confirming that we were okay with Twins...I was un happy with my nurse. She was not great at communicating things to me. Everyone else in the Clinic was amazing...The only office open on Saturdays is Seattle, parking down there is a nightmare. They do not open until 8 am, which makes it hard to get to work on time. The clinics have a great atmosphere, they gove you starbucks gift cards if they are late for your appointment. The front desk staff is very friendly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Lin really took his time to exlpain everything in a way we could understand. He personally reached out to us after each failed embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
At every appointment with Dr Lin he gave us his undivided attention, he did a great job at "talking me down" I spent way too much time on Google. After our first egg retrieval resulted in no babies, he already had a plan to make changes for our next egg retrieval. He also took our case to his colleges to ensure that he covered all the bases
Bd aware that he does not sugar coat things. So be prepared to hear the truth, but in a tactful way
I only remember the second egg retrieval. It was a Luteal Lupron HCG Fresh ET. I was on 300iu of Follistim, 150 iu Menopur and vaginal Progesterone twice daily
Describe Paul Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He would only transfer 2 aftwr speaking to us and confirming that we were okay with Twins
Paul Lin

3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is warm, welcoming. The med assistants and front desk staff are lovely.... The business office didn't send chart records to my new clinic. I had to remind them multiple times. Then, they sent incomplete records. Their billing office is disorganized. They send multiple bills that are confusing and contradictory. They have told me to ignore the bills because they were "sent in error" many times.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, welcoming. The med assistants and front desk staff are lovely. Their lab is mediocre. I got much better results at a different clinic (made 6, 5 day embryos, which is more than I made during my 3 cycles at SRM combined..) Their business and billing offices are very disorganized, unresponsive and slow, however.
She was very kind and compassionate. I didn't feel rushed. She called me personally, something that other doctors had never done before.
Kimmy was actually the nurse for a different SRM doctor who I had used before. I requested her again because she's so wonderful. She's warm, compassionate, responsive, attentive and conscientious
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths: Kind, compassionate, doesn't seem rushed Weaknesses: Uninformed about alternative treatments (such as Reproductive immunology, anti histamine protocols). Her plan for me after 3 failed attempts was just to "keep trying." She didn't have any new ideas for me
She's very kind and warm. Don't expect her to think outside the box though
We did a eSET transfer of a PGS tested embryo
$3500 for FET

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Our experience with the nursing staff {at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was hit and miss. There were several errors made that fortunately I was quick enough to catch. Concerning to think what would have happened if I hadn't been paying attention or hadn't known to question what I was being told. (for example was told to start progesterone much too soon after an IUI- I questioned it TWICE before the nurse changed her directions).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Our experience with the nursing staff was hit and miss. There were several errors made that fortunately I was quick enough to catch. Concerning to think what would have happened if I hadn't been paying attention or hadn't known to question what I was being told. (for example was told to start progesterone much too soon after an IUI- I questioned it TWICE before the nurse changed her directions).
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis is very professional and has research to back up her recommendations. However I did not feel like she spent much time reviewing my actual case after our first visit. I had to constantly remind Dr. Davis and her nurse about the details of my situation. I also feel like we were put on a protocol and no efforts were made to adjust it no matter what happened with a cycle. I definitely felt more like a "number" rather than an individual.
Ask a lot of questions and make sure you are comfortable with your plan of care and know exactly what you are planning to do and why.
Egg retrieval freeze all cycle with PGS around $15000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The primary nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is probably overworked as she often forgets details of my case. However I find her very responsive and she always makes sure to answer my questions to my satisfaction...I've had issues with the financial office not appropriately billing our insurance (my condition is not considered to be infertility so it is covered by all health insurance companies.).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I have a history or scarring and she has been truly compassionate bout treating the scarring. She always remembers our case details and understands if I have questions that are emotional.
The primary nurse is probably overworked as she often forgets details of my case. However I find her very responsive and she always makes sure to answer my questions to my satisfaction
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is confident in her abilities and absolutely knows the latest in fertility treatments (at least for my issue of rpl). She can be straightforward that some might think of as uncompassionate but I appreciate the clear communication in an area that can be so murky. She is responsive to my stress levels and emotions and I absolutely feel taken care of when she is doing a procedure on me.
I've had to hysterscopies to remove scarring after a miscarriage---one of which was a fairly experimental approach (my body was not naturally passing the miscarriage so this was done instead of a d&c). She absolutely had my best interests at heart. We are now doing timed cycles with letrozole and gonal f.
Seattle

Lindsay was the nurse I always contacted [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. She was absolutely fabulous and approachable. So patient and answered all of my questions...The clinic was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. My husband and I didn’t mind traveling 2 hours to get there, because it felt so comfortable. The only weakness that this clinic is that it would of been nice if SRM had a satellite office further north.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis is a very caring and compassionate Doctor. She was so patient and answered all of our questions. We felt that she really cared and wasn’t in a hurry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
Lindsay was the nurse I always contacted. She was absolutely fabulous and approachable. So patient and answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Davis was very clear about our treatment plan and when walking away, there were no doubts or questions. We felt like we could really talk to her and she cared about our feelings and opinion. When I had my IUI, I wished Dr Davis performed the procedure and not the nurse.
Be prepared to have blood draws and possible other diagnostic testing at that first appointment.
The first 2 IUI cycles I was not placed on fertility drugs. Finally the 3rd round I was prescribed fertility drug. Dr. Davis felt that since my hormone levels were fine, she wanted me to be able to conceive on my own with the help of the IUI.
$3500
Seattle

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I thought the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!... I loved loved loved Sarah. She was so amazing at communicating and truly cared about her patients.... The ivf procedure was around $13,000
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the clinic was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!
Dr. Letterie was very respectful. He truly listens to you and lets you decide what you want to do. He gives you all of your possible treatments and is not pushy.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is 100% a great Doctor! My husband and I both trust him completely and felt so comfortable with him. He knows his stuff! Dr. Letterie is great at explaining things to you and lets you get all of your questions answered. He takes his time with you and you never feel like he is rushing you in and out. He explains all possible outcomes, etc.
He is a caring Doctor. Ask lots of questions.
I honestly do not remember much. it was a couple of years ago.
The ivf procedure was around $13,000
He did suggest only transferring one embryo. The second time around we opted for two and it did not end well. I went into preterm labor and had the babies at 24 weeks, in which they passed away shortly after.

6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We haven’t been to the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] yet as we are long distance. However, everyone we have dealt with via conference calls have been extremely helpful and sympathetic to what we are going through especially long distance.... We have specified we want multiple embryo transfer and while they must tell us a singleton is safer they respect our wishes.... The phone appointments with Dr. Davis have always been very focused and personal. She answered my questions and helped me understand the process.
6 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
In progress. We haven’t been to the clinic yet as we are long distance. However, everyone we have dealt with via conference calls have been extremely helpful and sympathetic to what we are going through especially long distance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Leigh)
She was organized and timely in setting up our calendar.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr.Davis was very personable and made me comfortable moving forward with a process that is very complicated. She helped me understand what was going on with my body and how the treatment would progress.
The care she delivered was exceptional.
We are in process of IVF with donor egg.
Specifically calls with Dr. Davis were $200 each

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like all the staff [Seattle Reproductive Med] is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.... I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I feel like all the staff is very caring and kind. Highly professional. Each of the people I have to interact with have given me their direct line so I don't have to go through the operator. I can call whenever I need to and often times they answer the phone right away. If I send a message through the portal, I can count on them to answer promptly as well.
She is so compassionate and honest and caring and straight forward. I feel very well cared for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sara Whipkey)
I really appreciate my nurse Sara. The only downside is that she is now my third nurse. I feel that shows a lack of continuity.
How was your experience with Brenda Houmard at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Houmard is so caring and compassionate. She is honest and straight forward. I feel like I can trust her 100%. She understands how stressful infertility is and doesn't belittle the feelings that I have.
Go see her immediately lol
I am on the antagonist protocol due to my good AMH level and we are male factor
I feel like the costs have been the same as or less than most other clinics.
She said based on my age and health that we can choose to transfer 1 to 2 with a goal of a singleton pregnancy.
Spokane Valley

Generally they [nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] were easy to work with, but their system is really frustrating. My "assigned" nurse changed every month or so...I had no issues with the reception staff or operations. The reception staff is friendly and efficient. The office was clean and is run efficiently. The wait room was comfortable. The location was easy to access and conveniently located.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was never able to call and speak to her. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF.
Generally they were easy to work with, but their system is really frustrating. My "assigned" nurse changed every month or so.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very brief - in and out. When I raised concerns she continued to tell me I needed to follow the standard protocol for pcos. The care was not individualized. Her bedside manner is, however, pretty good.
Don't cave to pressure. Advocate for yourself.
Several timed intercourse cycles, then IUI, then IVF (which we did not pursue).