Erik Mazur

945 Goethals
Richland, WA 99352
877-777-6002

Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Criniti] is warm and gentle but didn't sugarcoat anything. I appreciate that she tells me likelihoods without bogging me down with percentages. She gives her suggestion, but lets us lead the pace.... She personally called me when I had a bad reaction to medication. Also, when I came in and had a had result on an ultrasound, she rushed out of her office to catch me and chat for a few minutes even though she was obviously in the middle of something.
Love love love that they [Seattle Reproductive Med] don't allow children in the clinic! It's private and calm inside. The front desk women are so wonderful. They'll chat and joke with you or be all business (depending on what I'm there for, I sometimes need both!) When I left in tears once they handed me tissues and kind words. They also have a clinic in Seattle that's open on weekends which is great for monitoring needed on weekends
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is warm and gentle but didn't sugarcoat anything. I appreciate that she tells me likelihoods without bogging me down with percentages. She gives her suggestion, but lets us lead the pace. I can message my nurse concerns or questions during a treatment cycle and Dr. Criniti will respond quickly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You need to ask questions for next treatments. For example, when one cycle ends you need to message them to alert them and ask for next steps - they aren't going to message you first. I think this is true for everyone, but you just need to know to manage yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Amy Criniti used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I ovulate on my own and have no known reason for not getting pregnant. The goal was to make me ovulate more and stronger. Did one cycle of letrozole, but I couldn't tolerate the side effects. Did a second cycle of menopur. Then paused treatment for Endometriosis surgery because I developed a large endometrioma that was causing pain.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They're very professional! They're quick to respond to my messages. When I have questions they're able to answer them or will find me the answers.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Love love love that they don't allow children in the clinic! It's private and calm inside. The front desk women are so wonderful. They'll chat and joke with you or be all business (depending on what I'm there for, I sometimes need both!) When I left in tears once they handed me tissues and kind words. They also have a clinic in Seattle that's open on weekends which is great for monitoring needed on weekends (and has free parking!).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
One time I showed up for a monitoring appointment that I had booked and they said it wasn't booked on their end. They apologized profusely and immediately solved the problem and I was able to be seen immediately.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Criniti has been very to the point as far as telling us exactly what we needed to do to get pregnant, but still took the time to be personal, friendly, and asking about our personal lives outside of infertility.... She’s very friendly and knowledgeable about PCOS and what medicines work for it, but if you’re someone whose had infertility for a while and has researched a lot about it, she isn’t going to give any “groundbreaking” information.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is nice and comfortable, and all the staff are friendly anytime I come in. They always inform me about my account and I’m in and out in a timely manner. As a new patient they will have a lot of paperwork for you to fill out but they have everything available for you and are helpful with answering questions.... Our costs were less expensive than some of the online averages.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I enjoy that Dr. Criniti is very fact based, the only thing I would criticize is that I already knew about most of the treatments she discussed and issues with my diagnosis because I had researched a lot beforehand. But that’s just me personally, going in I already knew what I wanted so she was on the same page, but I don’t think I learned any new information.
She started us in letrozole, and gave us reasons why it could be more affective for PCOS versus Clomid, taking 5mg days 3-7 of the cycle, with follicle scans on day 13. My first cycle I had 1 dominant follicle, the next cycle I had 1, and the third I had 2 but also had an ovarian cyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
We absolutely love Jenna! She is very genuine, friendly, and prompt with answering all our questions and helping us with scheduling.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is nice and comfortable, and all the staff are friendly anytime I come in. They always inform me about my account and I’m in and out in a timely manner. As a new patient they will have a lot of paperwork for you to fill out but they have everything available for you and are helpful with answering questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our costs were less expensive than some of the online averages.
Describe Amy Criniti's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
None so far
Treated 2013 - 2019
[Dr. Thyer] was typically conservative and tried to stear clear of multiples, for their and my health, but after 3 failed transfers, she left the decision up to us, which we appreciated...At times she was hard to get ahold of and it was rare that she was my actual treating physician...We mainly talked during follow up appointments and discussed next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. She is kind and compassionate, though with so many patients I’m not sure she recognized me for the first few months. Overall she’s a great doctor and I’ve been told by other, non affiliated healthcare professionals that she’s the best in the business.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] a big clinic, so it was easy to feel like a number, but the doctors took their time and the nurses were really helpful, making me feel more like a cherished part of the team...Our nurse was top notch. She was an excellent communicator, gave prompt and empathetic responses to messages...They offer beverages while you wait and are fairly comfortable. There are several to choose from, with was beneficial. Scheduling could be frustrating, as appointment times fill up quickly. I found that I needed to bend my schedule around their availability (taking time off work, etc) because it was just too frustrating to try to make it work with the limited availablity. It’s nice that weekends were an option at the Seattle clinic. Scheduling, phlebotomist, and support staff at all the clinics were really great.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I really appreciate that Dr. Thayer isn’t pushy and allowed me to go at my own pace of treatment. She had good ideas and was careful to explain things in a way that the layman could understand. At times she was hard to get ahold of and it was rare that she was my actual treating physician. (It’s a very large clinic and they rotate clinical duties.) We mainly talked during follow up appointments and discussed next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. She is kind and compassionate, though with so many patients I’m not sure she recognized me for the first few months. Overall she’s a great doctor and I’ve been told by other, non affiliated healthcare professionals that she’s the best in the business.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Also, if you decide to do ivf, ask up front if they plan to do ICSI for your treatment plan. That was a surprise for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
It’s a big clinic, so it was easy to feel like a number, but the doctors took their time and the nurses were really helpful, making me feel more like a cherished part of the team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Our nurse was top notch. She was an excellent communicator, gave prompt and empathetic responses to messages, and was a great intermediary between us and Dr. Thayer. Two thumbs up!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The Srm clinics are clean and professional. They offer beverages while you wait and are fairly comfortable. There are several to choose from, with was beneficial. Scheduling could be frustrating, as appointment times fill up quickly. I found that I needed to bend my schedule around their availability (taking time off work, etc) because it was just too frustrating to try to make it work with the limited availablity. It’s nice that weekends were an option at the Seattle clinic. Scheduling, phlebotomist, and support staff at all the clinics were really great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Ivf is really expensive, I’m not sure the exact number but it was definitely over $10,000 to start, then $3500 for each frozen embryo transfer cycle. Medication was separate, which would vary between $150-$4500, depending on needs. Additional screenings and tests were also out of pocket, usually between $500-$800 dollars a pop. It takes a lot of saving and years of patience to undergo ivf. It’s especially frustrating when you spend all that money and you still get negative results.
Describe Angela Thyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
At first the plan was always to transfer 1 embryo at a time, but this last time we elected to transfer 2, and that was our first positive beta. Dr. Thayer was typically conservative and tried to stear clear of multiples, for their and my health, but after 3 failed transfers, she left the decision up to us, which we appreciated.
Bellevue
I went in for a consultation to see what treatment options I could move forward with since the last place would not let me do what I wanted. It was IVF only or the highway. I’m so glad I went to go see Dr. Davis. She was very thorough. She explained things that my previous clinic did not. She said she didn’t see why I couldn’t just try letrozole for a few cycles. It didn’t work but I did have a uterine polyp and she said if I wasn’t pregnant then she would recommend to remove it. She didn’t do my surgery but she did call to check on me!
Dr. Davis is great and I really liked her. Sometimes it was a little hard to get ahold of a nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine - Bellvue] or for them to understand what you needed. The billing system needs work because i got the same bill twice. So just pay attention to the billing but it was definitely cheaper than the last clinic i went to!... Dr. Davis started me on 5mg of letrozole right away. When that didn’t produce any eggs, she prescribed 7.5mg. I wanted to take ovidrel just to cover my bases and she agreed and didn’t see any problems with that
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Just like going to any Dr, write your questions down. Definitely go see her if you’re thinking about going to see a fertility doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Davis talked to me like a normal person. She was very nice! I told her what I wanted to try and she had no problem with it!
Describe the protocols Lynn Davis used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Davis is great and I really liked her. Sometimes it was a little hard to get ahold of a nurse or for them to understand what you needed. The billing system needs work because i got the same bill twice. So just pay attention to the billing but it was definitely cheaper than the last clinic i went to!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The consultation st SRM costs $300 but my insurance actually covered it when i thought it was going to be out of pocket. With insurance each of my ultrasounds were around 9-10$. It was very inexpensive

Success w/ Doc 20 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Criniti] was very calm and patient and understood my background and my body before giving me information and statistics, she catered the treatment to me and my needs...She ha a great bedside manner and is very informative without being too technical... my treatment plan from day 1 was catered to my goals and needs, i wanted to freeze 20 eggs i told her on day 1 and I was able to do that exact number with her help
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved... Elsa was my rock, she honestly was my biggest support system and she responded to all my questions and followed up with my daily and I never felt like she had any other patients she knew my statistics, charts and treatments like the back of her hand
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She ha a great bedside manner and is very informative without being too technical, it is like talking to your best friend who is a specialist in a field you need information on! she was very patient and welcoming and positive
ask a lot of questions and and express your goals and how many eggs, embryos or treatments you would like to have or can afford and your expectations on communication and treatment
She was very calm and patient and understood my background and my body before giving me information and statistics, she catered the treatment to me and my needs
on my first appointment she took it from informational to real life and asked for me to do an ultrasound and bloodwork so she could see exactly where I was with my fertility, my treatment plan from day 1 was catered to my goals and needs, i wanted to freeze 20 eggs i told her on day 1 and I was able to do that exact number with her help
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Elsa)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very informative, have friendly staff and are very organized and skilled with follow up. The financial advisor and her knowledge could have been improved however I was self pay so I did not have to deal with her that much, she didnt exactly tell me about discount programs, options etc...
6500 for egg retrieval, care, blood draws, procedure and monitoring and medications were separate
Treated 2012 - 2017
She [Dr. Amy Criniti] didn't candy coat our situation. She presented us with all of our options. She was kind and warm. Made me feel like everything will work out but it could take time and to not give up. After my last miscarriage, she said not to give up, we had 1 more frozen embryo left. She said sometimes people give up after a miscarriage, but because our last embryo was such high quality, she didn't want us to let it go. Unfortunately that last one didn't take. So here we are still trying for a miracle. We will be meeting with her again soon.
The Bellevue office [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very friendly. They were always able to fit you in for appointments. They are consistent at trying to schedule you with the same nurse for each appointment. Sometimes they could not get me in the clinic of my preferance. They didn't seem to call me if an appointment became available in the Bellevue clinic even though I asked.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She didn't candy coat our situation. She presented us with all of our options. She was kind and warm. Made me feel like everything will work out but it could take time and to not give up. After my last miscarriage, she said not to give up, we had 1 more frozen embryo left. She said sometimes people give up after a miscarriage, but because our last embryo was such high quality, she didn't want us to let it go. Unfortunately that last one didn't take. So here we are still trying for a miracle. We will be meeting with her again soon.
Have an open mind to her suggestions. They are the best chance you have.
Felt human because she was understanding and warm towards our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Darla)
Darla was great. She went over my calendar for each cycle. She was friendly and compassionate. Felt like I could talk to her about anything. My last cycle I was assigned to a different nurse. She was ok, but I would have much rather worked with Darla. This nurse wasn't as friendly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The Bellevue office was very friendly. They were always able to fit you in for appointments. They are consistent at trying to schedule you with the same nurse for each appointment. Sometimes they could not get me in the clinic of my preferance. They didn't seem to call me if an appointment became available in the Bellevue clinic even though I asked.
Injection medication was not included with treatment. I don't think I spent more than $1200 for each cycle. For 1 Ivf cycle, the cost was around $7000.
She had adjust my dosage of follistim on my last cycle.
Treated 2012 - 2013
I felt like a human because Dr. Criniti was compassionate, and caring. She understood my pain and struggle not only physical but emotional....She was open to all my concerns and addressed all of them. I could tell how much she was rooting for us....She was comforting and honest when my HCG numbers were not rising properly...She knows what she is doing. She presented my case to the whole Clinic staff to try to help me. She will fight for you....
Strenghts: It [Seattle Repro Med] is a big clinic, so it is easy to make appointments. Front desk is very friendly. Well organized and neat facility. Parking is easy in all clinics....Weaknesses: Not all doctors were very personable, some of them somewhat rude. The finance in Kirkland office isn't so friendly. They are expensive....Anne Judge was amazing. She understand how deeply heartbroken we were and invited me to a support group that she was running at the clinic....
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Amy was kind, caring and compassionate. She never gave up on me even when I was giving up. She was open to all my concerns and addressed all of them. I could tell how much she was rooting for us. She personally called with the bad news, but also let her nurses tell the good ones. She always got me an appointment early if i was concerned or insecure about my pregnancies. She was comforting and honest when my HCG numbers were not rising properly on my chemical pregnancy and also supportive when I had my one and only left frozen embryo, which i dearly called "Frostie". She was so kind and caring that she also refereed to that embryo as "frostie". That Frostie, one last hope became my bright, sweet, loving almost 4 year old son... When he was 11 months old, I naturally got pregnant and despite being a natural pregnancy, Dr. Criniti, took me as her patient for the first few weeks of my pregnancy just to give me peace of mind. I am so thankful for her.
Ask questions, and trust her. She knows what she is doing. She presented my case to the whole Clinic staff to try to help me. She will fight for you.
Cycle 1 - Birth control, then Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, then HCG Shot = Negative Cycle 2 - Put on Menopause for 3 months prior, then Lupron, Menopur, Follistim and HCG shot= Negative Cycle 3 Use my natural cycle, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim and HCG shot = Chemical and one frozen embryo. Cycle 4, natural cycle, ( dont remember meds, ) = Pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anne Judge)
Anne Judge was amazing. She understand how deeply heartbroken we were and invited me to a support group that she was running at the clinic. She showed us how to deal with all our grieving feelings and how to support one another.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strenghts: It is a big clinic, so it is easy to make appointments. Front desk is very friendly. Well organized and neat facility. Parking is easy in all clinics. Dr.Criniti Weaknesses: Not all doctors were very personable, some of them somewhat rude. The finance in Kirkland office isn't so friendly. They are expensive.
over 30 k

Treated 2016 - 2019
The treatment protocol Dr David followed was logical and made sense. After a few treatments we revisited our plan to see if adjustments were needed...was alway professional in our conversations and explained things to me so I could understand...I feel like Dr Davis could have done more to treat me as a whole. I had genetic testing done but none of my mutations were considered for any of my treatments. Also I didn’t get responses to my questions in a timely manner. I had questions on next steps for treatment and it took a month for me to get a response, which was very disappointing
It felt like I was just another number [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] and I didn’t feel much compassion from my nurse. She forgot I emailed a question, and I had to follow up after not hearing from her in over a month...Weakness: I feel like I never saw the same nurse or doctor for any of my appointments. Maybe that’s due to scheduling but I didn’t feel I was given the option to request for my doctor Strength: when scheduling I was always able to make an appointment at my clinic of choice
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Please treat the whole patient and take into account all tests that were performed.
Dr Davis was alway professional in our conversations and explained things to me so I could understand.
The treatment protocol Dr David followed was logical and made sense. After a few treatments we revisited our plan to see if adjustments were needed, but my husband and I decided to take a mini break before more treatments.
It felt like I was just another number and I didn’t feel much compassion from my nurse. She forgot I emailed a question, and I had to follow up after not hearing from her in over a month
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covers fertility care so the costs weren’t awful. We didn’t go down IVF though
Describe Lynn Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We didn’t have this type of treatment
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Davis takes time to understand our situation. She’s flexible and willing to work with us if we want a more aggressive approach and will make recommendations catered to us....After 3 failed IUIs she was open to continue doing them with increased medication or go to IVF. ...Any time we asked to meet with her, we were given a meeting. We could even do a phone call. She fully explained all options to us and was flexible with what we wanted.
I highly recommended SRM, dr. Davis, and all of the nurses. The only place they need to improve is reception. I often wait on hold for 10 mins just to get the receptionist to schedule and appointment, and when I’m there, they are not the must warm and fuzzy. Highly recommend everyone on the care side!...Only once, the receptionist forgot to email me the recipes. When I followed up, she said she often forgets stuff like that.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Any time we asked to meet with her, we were given a meeting. We could even do a phone call. She fully explained all options to us and was flexible with what we wanted. I’ve heard others say their RE wanted x amount of failed IUIs fbefore IVF or certain thresholds to be met, and she’s never been that way. After 3 failed IUIs she was open to continue doing them with increased medication or go to IVF. Whatever we were comfortable with. I couldn’t be happier she is my doctor.
Get in early. She’s popular!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Cared about me, remembered me, said the right things at each failed cycle. I am lucky to have a great nurse
IVF is $13,500 without meds or FET. IUI was about $650
Bellevue
I've been very happy with the care that I've received from Dr. Criniti. Whenever I have had something come up question or issue with the clinic she is prompt to respond. When something looks like it's not working then she is open to changing the course of treatment and listens to all the questions that my spouse and I have...She's honest and direct with her approach to treatment, but also listens to the desires that I have in my treatment. She's aggressive, but not too much. Since she implemented a plan for me I've felt more hopeful
The biggest weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] has been the schedulers. No two cycles are the same and when I have had to have a last minute ultrasound they were not always professional in helping to find a time to schedule it...Lindsay [nurse] is always prompt to respond to my ongoing questions and has been supportive when the past two cycles did not produce the desired results
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions
She takes time to listen to the questions that both my husband and I have. She's honest and direct with her approach to treatment, but also listens to the desires that I have in my treatment. She's aggressive, but not too much. Since she implemented a plan for me I've felt more hopeful
When I started with Dr. Ciniti I was only on oral medication (Femara), for the purpose of shortening my cycle, and testing with OPKs. Then when we started the IUI process I continued with the OPKs and Femara, but she had me add a trigger shot of Ovidrel so that we could time the ovulation. If this cycle of IUI does not produce a pregnancy then we will add other injectibles so that we can give more than one egg a chance.
Lindsay is always prompt to respond to my ongoing questions and has been supportive when the past two cycles did not produce the desired results
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The biggest weakness has been the schedulers. No two cycles are the same and when I have had to have a last minute ultrasound they were not always professional in helping to find a time to schedule it.
$14,ooo w/o meds
Bellevue
She [Dr. Amy Criniti] is very kind and extremely knowledgeable about all kinds of infertility, especially PCOS...We are starting on Letrozole and possible IUI next cycle. If necessary we’ll move onto IVF...Felt like she really took the time to know and understand our history. She was also very encouraging about our situation and took the time to answer all our questions without making us feel rushed or pressured on time...Initially I was very nervous about starting this journey but she put me at ease right away. She has always taking the time to explain everything and made sure we had no additional questions. We’re very comfortable with her and know we’re in the best hands
Audrey [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] has made sure that we had all the information about upcoming medications and procedures...Consultation $250...HSG $850...Sperm analysis $150...Lab work $300...Everyone that we’ve encountered at the clinic has been very kind and no issues thus far. The patient portal has been extremely helpful and convenient. We would only recommend more outdoor signage to make it easier to locate.
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We couldn’t be more happy with our decision to see Dr. Criniti. Initially I was very nervous about starting this journey but she put me at ease right away. She has always taking the time to explain everything and made sure we had no additional questions. We’re very comfortable with her and know we’re in the best hands
Don’t be nervous. She is very kind and extremely knowledgeable about all kinds of infertility, especially PCOS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Audrey)
Audrey has made sure that we had all the information about upcoming medications and procedures
Consultation $250 HSG $850 Sperm analysis $150 Lab work $300
Treated 2018 - 2019
Very nice and sensitive to my issues. We almost missed a cycle because she [Dr. Criniti] wanted to wait till my lining was thicker but I told her it doesn’t get any thicker and she didn’t listen. Ended up being okay but would have liked her to take my advice as well since I know my body. ... She was very sensitive and listened to my concerns and took them into consideration
The financial team [SRM] is very slow and not very helpful at all. Still waiting on my reimbursement even though my insurance claims all went through...the office itself is very nice and seems clean. Front desk people seem nice and willing to help. ... They were suppose to call in a medication and they didn’t. ... Katie [nurse] was very compassionate and listened to my concerns. Great nurse overall
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very nice and sensitive to my issues. We almost missed a cycle because she wanted to wait till my lining was thicker but I told her it doesn’t get any thicker and she didn’t listen. Ended up being okay but would have liked her to take my advice as well since I know my body.
Don’t expect to see her at your visits or really communicate with her at all: mostly worked with the nurses and rarely talked to her/saw her
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Katie was very compassionate and listened to my concerns. Great nurse overall
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The financial team is very slow and not very helpful at all. Still waiting on my reimbursement even though my insurance claims all went through...the office itself is very nice and seems clean. Front desk people seem nice and willing to help.
They charged me a lot more my second round (transfer) and I’m still waiting for my refund...
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They were suppose to call in a medication and they didn’t.

Treated 2011 - 2012
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
as mentioned before, on a scale of 1-10 i would give her a 12. absolutely unbelievable compassion and care. she makes dreams happen. she is the best doctor i have ever experienced in my entire life.
get there asap! the sooner you start, the sooner you will have that perfect baby in your arms. she is the BEST!
i cannot say enough good things about Dr. Criniti!!! She not only treated me like a human, she treated me like a sister or best friend. She even gave me her personal cell phone number and talked me through my options while on her family vacation. Kind, caring, intelligent, well-spoken, loving, brilliant and so good. love love love her!
Tamara - who did all the ultrasounds, is one of the most kind human beings i've ever met. she was so positive and caring and warm. she made it all feel ok...even when it wasn't!

Treated 2012
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My husband and I liked Dr Criniti from the first meeting. She was very personable, had children of her own, and seemed very experienced and knowledgeable about IVF. We had already had a very positive experience with IVF in another country before meeting Dr Criniti but working with her and her team in Seattle was just as good. I would highly recommend her.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. It's your body and your treatment they are managing. Make sure you book your next appt before leaving the clinic as she gets very busy.
Whilst not all of the nursing staff knew me by name, they all treated me very well. Dr Criniti especially was very easy to talk to and helped me during any difficult times when I was especially emotional such as the end of a cycle without a pregnancy. She kept me informed of the process and next steps.
Always available to answer questions. I never felt I was bothering them.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Davis was compassionate and friendly... Dr. Davis was knowledgeable and understanding. Treatments were easy to schedule and get in. I felt confident and informed every step of the way. I felt hopeful during the process. I was able to achieve a pregnancy as a result of treatments.... 1. Hystoscoropy and HSG TESTS 2. Uterine adhesion surgery 3. Letrozole and time intercourse (with ultrasounds) 4. IUI
Easy to schedule; multiple locations. Typically on time. Friendly and compassionate staff [Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. No surprises with finances. All staff encountered were great. Very positive experience and would go back for future pregnancy’s... Dr. Davis was knowledgeable and understanding. Treatments were easy to schedule and get in. I felt confident and informed every step of the way.
How was your experience with Lynn Davis at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
See her earlier than later.
Dr. Davis was compassionate and friendly
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to schedule; multiple locations. Typically on time. Friendly and compassionate staff. No surprises with finances. All staff encountered were great. Very positive experience and would go back for future pregnancy’s
Treated 2016 - 2019
I spent close to $1,500 each time I did an IUI [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. This included the cost of the donor sperm, the medications, and the SRM treatment...The Bellevue Clinic is where I mostly went to for my treatments. I also visited the Kirkland and Seattle clinics. The only thing I would change about any of them is the Seattle Clinic, parking is a real hassle! But other than that, there's nothing I would change...
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My experience with Doctor Thyer was tremendous. Even though my IUI Cycles were unsuccessful, I never lost hope. She held my hand through the whole experience. Always encouraging me, and looking for new ways to become successful with my next cycle. I finally told her I wanted to try IVF, and we went for it. It was very emotional, and she was sensitive to my needs and emotions. I was in my late 30s when I started the whole process, and was 40 when I became pregnant (the best day of my life) through IVF with a fresh transfer of two embryos on my second egg retrieval of a 3 egg retrieval package. I had a healthy baby girl on March 2nd 2018. I still have one frozen embryo from my first aid retrieval and I plan to implant that one this July. I would use my grant money to pay for my fertility treatments. What a gift that would be if I won! I can't thank Angela Thyer enough for making my dream come true. She is amazing.
Be patient with yourself. And follow Dr Thyer's instructions to a T. But mostly just be patient....and never give up.
She was compassionate and talked me through the emotions and expectations of fertility treatments.
Describe the protocols Angela Thyer used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don't remember the exact dosages, especially because each cycle we changed something to see if it would work. But the instructions Dr. Thyer gave me each time we changed something up, we're very specific and easy to follow.
All the nursing staff and admin staff are amazing! I can't say enough great things about all of them. Very professional, kind, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I spent close to $1,500 each time I did an IUI. This included the cost of the donor sperm, the medications, and the SRM treatment cos. I spent close to $10,000 total on IU eyes, which were unsuccessful. I decided to try IVF, and the package I went with was $18,000. It was 3 egg retrievals, with one frozen transfer at the end. I changed it in the middle of this process, because there were two healthy embryos after the second egg retrieval, which I asked doctor fire if I could just implant those because I didn't want to wait. We switched it up, and the cost of that changed the cost of the package. In total, I have spent close to $30,000 with SRM, Seattle Sperm Bank, and that fertility Pharmacy I ordered my medication from.
I imagine that her approach with each person is different. But her approach with me was to do the most logical thing at the time. I didn't want to just put one embryo in, and I was okay with having multiples. So we put two embryos in and I'm glad I did. One attached to my uterus, and the other one passed. I have one baby, but I could have had zero. So I'm glad we did it that way. Her approach with someone else might be different based on age or how many times they have tried.
Bellevue

I did two IUi’s With chlomid [with Dr. Criniti]. The first attempt was unsuccessful and the second attempt we wanted to ovulate multiple eggs. She doubled my prescription for Chlomid and i only ovulated one egg and was unsuccessful. I’m currently in an IVF treatment...In our case, she gave us a choice to transfer one embryo or two...She was very insightful in giving me accurate information and taking the time to get to know my family and to understand our concerns.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] overall is amazing. Although, I’m having serious issues with their financial team. They didn’t bill my second insurance this whole time and seemed to lose the copies of my insurance cards: they also never put military discount on anything until I bring it up. I’ve had to babysit the bills and try to get them figured out...IVF- 10,920 Medications - 3,000 IUI- 200 each Chlomid - 50 Copays and other medical bills - 300
How was your experience with Amy Criniti at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very knowledgeable and insightful in explaining the steps and covering any questions thoroughly.she was a very sweet woman and really cared about our chances. She had every avenue of possible set backs and alternative routes explained if needed.
Make sure to do your research so you can fully pick her brain in any questions.
I did two IUi’s With chlomid. The first attempt was unsuccessful and the second attempt we wanted to ovulate multiple eggs. She doubled my prescription for Chlomid and i only ovulated one egg and was unsuccessful. I’m currently in an IVF treatment
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic overall is amazing. Although, I’m having serious issues with their financial team. They didn’t bill my second insurance this whole time and seemed to lose the copies of my insurance cards: they also never put military discount on anything until I bring it up. I’ve had to babysit the bills and try to get them figured out.
In our case, she gave us a choice to transfer one embryo or two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The billing team hasn’t billed my second insurance this whole time. I’m currently waiting 3 weeks to get this fixed.
Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Shah was extremely down-to-earth and comforting. He gave me all the time I needed to process and ask questions...is very warm and welcoming. He has a comforting yet straightforward approach, which I appreciated. He was able to tell us any bad news gently and allowed us time to let it sink in. He was great at explaining the details of each process, complete with visual aids that he drew. I found that very helpful. He also allowed us to go through each cycle with adjusted expectations. I think what he understands very well is that we needed to try other means before we moved to the most extreme option of donor eggs, even though he probably expected it to be the most likely scenario for us in the end. But we had to try and he knew that.
For the most part, our experience with SRM was great! Over the course of 2+ years, we mostly had communication issues and that's all. We were very happy with Dr. Shah and the hands on nursing staff. I was happy with the quick communication with the nurses through the portal, even though things were occasionally missed. Robin was the finance person and we also had trouble communicating with her. Very unclear answers to our financial questions and general unresponsiveness. Since I am intimately familiar with the portal system, I just want to comment that it's sleek and mostly wonderful compared to some that I've had to deal with. Unfortunately, it was difficult to search through older messages and you are kicked back to the first page of messages after you open an old one on a different page. So navigating it is a challenge at times.
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Shah is very warm and welcoming. He has a comforting yet straightforward approach, which I appreciated. He was able to tell us any bad news gently and allowed us time to let it sink in. He was great at explaining the details of each process, complete with visual aids that he drew. I found that very helpful. He also allowed us to go through each cycle with adjusted expectations. I think what he understands very well is that we needed to try other means before we moved to the most extreme option of donor eggs, even though he probably expected it to be the most likely scenario for us in the end. But we had to try and he knew that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you are more realistic about your prospects and not holding on to a lot of hope, you might relay that to Dr. Shah. He is sensitive to the fact that most people are holding onto some hope and need to try other means of conceiving. But if you can take it and don't want to waste any time, then you might want to let him know that you can handle the bad news. In our case, we couldn't handle it, but I'm glad we went through the other protocols before moving to donor egg.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Many were assigned at different stages)
Loved the hands on nursing staff that I saw during appointments. They were all very kind and helpful. I was assigned several different nurses to communicate with during each stage of my treatment. I can only remember the first one and last two. These nurses I was in contact with through the messaging portal or by phone. Tina was the first one during my IUIs and IVF cycles. She was nice, but seemed a bit too fast to respond to my messages at times. Too fast because she would often miss something and I'd have to ask again. This was very frustrating. Leigh and Molly (depending on who was in) were my last two nurses. They were also nice, but occasionally would also miss something. I learned pretty quickly to pay close attention to everything and to question anything that seemed off.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Progyny was our insurance that covered much of our care. Some of it was not covered and had to be paid out of pocket or reimbursed.
Describe Akhil Shah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Despite my being okay with having twins, Dr. Shah recommended against it. For my age he said it would be extremely hard on my body and riskier for that reason. I gladly took his advice.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My meds were called in to a pharmacy, but the wring pharmacy. I was shuffled around to a few different pharmacies due to my insurance, but the clinic had that information and should have known since they call it in. I'd have to go back through hundreds of messages to recall any specifics about "conflicting information", but I do recall several times that I had to follow up regarding something that didn't make sense and was later corrected.
Treated 2014 - 2020
She [Dr. Michele Cho] will provide you with all of the info that you need from a medical perspective, and will work with you to help you make a decision that feels right to you and your family...explained how she would change the treatment plan if we did IVF, but also said that because I had already conceived twice on my own, that we could also try again using Letrozole and timed intercourse...Over the past 5 years, Dr. Cho and her colleagues at SRM have provided us with compassionate, evidence-based care, and have supported my family thorough the joys of conception, grief of loss, multiple D&Cs, numerous blood draws and clinic visits. I can be completely honest with Dr. Cho and the others who I've seen for some of my procedures. She has made us feel supported and confident during this time of uncertainty and I am so deeply grateful to her.
I've seen many physicians there [SRM] over the past 5 years for scans, procedures, etc. and have felt connected to most of them. I've also had a good experience with their finance staff who helped me navigate the insurance process (particularly Lynnette Gallo, Financial Advisor) and know most of the MAs who do blood work, rooming patients, etc.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have been a patient of Dr. Cho's since September 2014. To be able to articulate why I would recommend her so highly, I want to share more about my journey with secondary infertility. First, I was referred to SRM by a friend in the summer of 2018 after removing my IUD a year earlier, but still having irregular periods. Dr. Cho was the first doctor with an available appointment within a week, so I said yes. I immediately felt drawn to her warmth, ability to explain difficult concepts and overall bedside manner. Dr. Cho quickly diagnosed me with PCOS in October 2014. I took Letrozole for one month and conceived a healthy baby boy, who I delivered in July 2015. We waited a few years before trying again, and Dr. Cho was ready to support our journey when we returned to SRM in November 2017. I still had PCOS, and she recommended the same treatment. I conceived in December of 2017 with Letrozole again, but miscarried at 9-weeks due to triploidy. After I healed, we wanted to try again. My husband was about to visit a Zika-virus affected country, so we used frozen sperm for IUI in June - August 2018 and I did not conceive. We then decided to try IVF in October 2018. I have a high AMH and responded well to a low dose of meds, but had to have the egg retrieval early when my estrogen level neared 10,000 due to the fact I had 50+ eggs! Of those 50+ eggs, 16 fertilized, 6 made it to Day 6, and I lost all of them on Day 7. We were devastated - but Dr. Cho was there every step of the way to offer support, connect me to resources, and respect our decisions along our complicated journey. Dr. Cho explained how she would change the treatment plan if we did IVF, but also said that because I had already conceived twice on my own, that we could also try again using Letrozole and timed intercourse. I then conceived again in December 2018, but miscarried at 8 weeks - again due to a genetic abnormality on my egg. Dr. Cho offered us different options, and supported our decision to try Letrozole one more time. I conceived in late June 2019, and miscarried at 8 weeks - again due to a genetic abnormality on my eggs. While we feel confident that we could have a different outcome with a different treatment plan for IVF and PDG, my husband and I have almost made the final decision to embrace our life with one amazing son. We've been through an intense few years, and while we are so grateful for the care that we've received, we do not want to have any more interventions. Over the past 5 years, Dr. Cho and her colleagues at SRM have provided us with compassionate, evidence-based care, and have supported my family thorough the joys of conception, grief of loss, multiple D&Cs, numerous blood draws and clinic visits. I can be completely honest with Dr. Cho and the others who I've seen for some of my procedures. She has made us feel supported and confident during this time of uncertainty and I am so deeply grateful to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She will provide you with all of the info that you need from a medical perspective, and will work with you to help you make a decision that feels right to you and your family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho and the other clinicians and staff provided incredible physical and emotional care for me during my fertility journey. Dr. Cho and her nurse, Katie Allbagh, were so response, kind, knowledgeable and so many other qualities that we needed and valued.
Describe the protocols Michele Cho used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I gave some info about this in my LONG response at the beginning. I don't remember the specific IVF protocol, but the Letrozle to help me ovulate was very successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Katie Allbaugh)
Katie Allbaugh was my nurse for the 5+ years that I've been a patient at SRM. We communicated primarily via phone and SRM's online patient portal since she and Dr. Cho were primarily based in the Kirkland office, but I used the Seattle office for most of my tests, scans, procedures, etc. b/c I live in Seattle. Katie is very compassionate, an excellent communicator, responded within the working day, or would at least contact me to let me know her next steps to get the info that I needed. She was so supportive with my 3 miscarriages and the failed IVF cycle, and I truly felt like she and Dr. Cho were our team through all of this.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I was referred to SRM by a friend who had seen and adored Dr. Letterie. When I first called to make an appointment, he was not available so I met with Dr. Cho instead. I've seen many physicians there over the past 5 years for scans, procedures, etc. and have felt connected to most of them. I've also had a good experience with their finance staff who helped me navigate the insurance process (particularly Lynnette Gallo, Financial Advisor) and know most of the MAs who do blood work, rooming patients, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Wow - I really don't know. We have access to insurance for fertility treatments (Progyny through an employer) and almost everything was covered. There were a few instances when I received a bill for the genetic testing, but the Finance team was able to connect the dots between Progyny, Regence, SRM and Natera. We were very fortunate and privileged to have insurance and financial support, and know that so many families do not. I hope that WA state will pass legislation that requires HMOs and insurance companies that cover pregnancy-related benefits to cover medically necessary expenses of infertility diagnosis and treatment.
Describe Michele Cho's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Unfortunately, we did not have any embryos to transfer. However, she did explain all of the different options to us, and we felt very informed and empowered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only negative experience that I had was this spring after my second miscarriage. My HGC took awhile to return to normal, and Dr. Cho had called in lab tests to continue to track the decline. I had blood work on a Saturday morning and received a call later in the afternoon from a nurse who did not read my chart carefully before the call. She called and said that congratulations - you're pregnant! when I knew that I was not b/c I hadn't had intercourse since the D&C. She was incredibly embarrassed, apologetic, etc. and I asked for the physician on call to call me immediately. I received a call within 10 minutes from Dr. Leterie, who skillfully explained what had likely happened - she made a mistake - without blaming or shaming her. I thought that he handled it well, was empathetic to why I was upset, etc. Dr. Cho called me at 8:00am on Monday morning to see how I was doing, explain what she thought was causing the elevated HCG, etc. While the immediate experience with the nurse was terrible, humans make mistakes - and the response by Dr. Leterie and Dr. Cho made me feel supported and forgiving.
Treated 2018 - 2020
[Dr. Michele Cho] personally called me when my results came back with zero viable embryos from my first cycle to break the bad news in a very caring way...is very compassionate, thorough and knowledgeable. She herself has been through IVF so she was able to provide information from both a medical and personal experience perspective. I always felt like she took time to answer my questions and talk through anything I had questions on.
I have PCOS + husband’s MFI & genetic issue. We did 3 cycles [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] with one canceled due to a dominant follicle and early surge...I loved the ultrasound person (Jamie) at the Kirkland clinic. She was so sweet and knowledgeable...pretty high volume clinic, they have everything dialed in and some people may feel like just a number if you’re not someone who is comfortable asking for more info or speaking up with questions. But they really know what they’re doing and any of the doctors I saw for procedures throughout my time there were all top notch.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cho is very compassionate, thorough and knowledgeable. She herself has been through IVF so she was able to provide information from both a medical and personal experience perspective. I always felt like she took time to answer my questions and talk through anything I had questions on.
Utilize your appointment times to the max. Come prepared with all your questions written down and do your own research ahead of time. Then you can have meaningful discussions at each appointment. Don’t be afraid to ask your nurse to ask Dr. Cho questions through the portal in between appointments as well.
SRM knows what they’re doing and they have a lot of protocols that are very dialed in so if you’re not someone who is ok speaking up and asking questions, it’s possible you could feel like just a number. This was not an issue for me and I utilized discussions with my nurse, Dr. Cho at appointments and through the portal as much as I needed. Dr. Cho even personally called me when my results came back with zero viable embryos from my first cycle to break the bad news in a very caring way.
I have PCOS + husband’s MFI & genetic issue. We did 3 cycles with one canceled due to a dominant follicle and early surge. My protocol was birth control leading up, 350-400 Gonal F, 75 Menopur, and Cetrotide with Lupron trigger. No OHSS. Cycle 1: Retrieved: 29 Fertilized (ICSI): 14 Frozen day 5/6 blastocysts: 7 Good PGT/PGD: 0 Cycle 2: canceled Cycle 3: Retrieved: 31 Fertilized (ICSI): 24 Frozen day 5/6 blastocysts: 10 Good PGT/PGD: 4 (day 5 good & fair, day 6 good & fair) We did a natural transfer with the day 5 good embryo. It was a natural cycle but with some medication assistance because of my PCOS and irregular cycles. This included birth control leading up, then a few days of Letrozol and an HCG trigger. Crinone progesterone suppositories, which I highly recommend as I had no side effects and no mess. In addition to SRM’s protocol, I also started infertility acupuncture treatment after my first cycle to try and improve chances. I took recommend supplements (DHA, inositol, coqu 10, açaí berry). I maintained regular exercise as well.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Personally I like SRM. I can see how it might not be for everyone though. Since they are so good at what they do and a pretty high volume clinic, they have everything dialed in and some people may feel like just a number if you’re not someone who is comfortable asking for more info or speaking up with questions. But they really know what they’re doing and any of the doctors I saw for procedures throughout my time there were all top notch.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I loved the ultrasound person (Jamie) at the Kirkland clinic. She was so sweet and knowledgeable. I actually looked forward to seeing her.
We have amazing employee coverage through Microsoft via Progyny so everything was 100% covered.
Dr. Cho generally recommends only a single embryo transfer unless there is reason more would have better chances. In general I think the clinic takes the single embryo approach as standard and multiples would be on a case by case basis if medically necessary.

Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Michele Cho] is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)...When we first came to Michele, she looked at our case and recommended we do an embryo transfer, as we had 3 frozen embryos banked. However, we wanted to try a more conservative approach first, so we did several cycles of TE (with Letrazole and Gonal-F), which didn't work. Finally, we took her advice and tried the transfer, which worked on the first try!
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Michele Cho is GREAT about assessing the overall situation and making a recommendation as to how to proceed. Her initial guidance to us turned out to be the exact thing that worked. (It's our fault for wanting to try a more conservative approach first, which only delayed things....if we had listened to Michele in the first place, we'd already have a baby!)
Take Michele's advice....she knows what she's talking about!
Michelle Cho was extremely personable and knowledgeable - she inherited our case from another doctor who had retired, and took the time to familiarize herself with our background. She listened carefully to our goals, and worked with us to try an initial approach we were comfortable with. She was also great about asserting her opinion based on her expertise....she is extremely knowledgeable and knows what she is talking about. Under her guidance, we are now expecting a baby boy! I have the utmost confidence and trust in Michelle Cho, and would recommend her to anyone trying to conceive!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grace Hallas)
Grace Hallas is an absolute angel!!! She was my primary contact during the entire process of our working with SRM, and I must have called and/or emailed her a hundred times throughout the course of our treatment. She was SO caring, compassionate, quick to respond and help with anything and everything I had questions about. She would consult Dr. Cho if necessary, and always reply within the same day or even hours of my contacting her. I can't possibly say enough good things about Grace!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is hands-down the best medical experience I've had in my life. For starters, they are EXTREMELY punctual. They break the stereotype of having to wait around at an appointment. I rarely waited more than 1-2 minutes when I arrived on time for an appointment. Next, all the staff are extremely warm, caring, and helpful, from the doctors, to the nursing staff, to the financial counselor (Robin...she is amazing). We had nothing but an absolutely fantastic experience at SRM Kirkland, and are grateful to the entire team there that so kindly helped us get to a successful pregnancy!
I had some insurance coverage, which helped defray a lot of the costs.
Kirkland
Dr. Shah has clearly excelled in his field, is extremely knowledgeable in REI, and is up-to-date in the newest practices and standards of care...Dr. Shah was always very thorough and clear in his explanations, and he was happy to answer any questions I had--and I always have a lot of questions. He is very personable, but still straightforward and calm and confident...Dr. Shah--and indeed, I believe this is in accord with SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET
Even though I know SRM treats a lot of patients, I always felt like they were happy to see me and remembered me. I also felt like I always received their full attention during my appointments--with Dr. Shah and with all the staff... SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET....The receptionists were extremely friendly, as were the nurses, med techs, and doctors who saw me...Even though SRM is a large practice, the individual locations make it feel smaller and more personal, while the experience of the lab, embryology team, and team of doctors ultimately results in excellent patient outcomes.
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. During my appointments, Dr. Shah was always very thorough and clear in his explanations, and he was happy to answer any questions I had--and I always have a lot of questions. He is very personable, but still straightforward and calm and confident. This is actually my favorite kind of doctor personality--I find it easy to trust doctors like this. Dr. Shah was always quick to respond to any issues I might have. He even called me to follow up on a question I'd had via the Patient Portal one day, asking how I was feeling also, even thought that wasn't strictly relevant to my question. Additionally, everything Dr. Shah said and recommended in my treatment adhered to what I had learned were the newest best practices in IVF treatment, and that was extremely important to me. Dr. Shah never pushed my partner and me in any one direction in terms of treatment options, though he did make recommendations. I always felt very comfortable with him during all conversations and procedures.
The only thing that might concern some patients is that Dr. Shah is young (and therefore supposedly inexperienced), but I think that is actually an asset in a field where best practices change so quickly. Dr. Shah has clearly excelled in his field, is extremely knowledgeable in REI, and is up-to-date in the newest practices and standards of care. Ask lots of questions, and Dr. Shah's knowledge, clarity, and personality should help you feel at ease. It did me.
Even though I know SRM treats a lot of patients, I always felt like they were happy to see me and remembered me. I also felt like I always received their full attention during my appointments--with Dr. Shah and with all the staff. It was a really great experience. I actually really looked forward to my appointments, and I enjoyed being in the office.
Describe the protocols Akhil Shah used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF-ICSI. Approximately 10-12 days of estrogen to stop my cycle. Then started lowest recommended doses of Menopur and Gonal-F to stimulate egg production. About 8 days in started Cetrotide to stop me from ovulating too soon. Used Pregnyl to trigger ovulation 36 hours prior to egg retrieval. Retrieved 19 eggs from one ovary; couldn't find the other ovary and believe it not to exist. Of 19 eggs, 15 fertilized; on day 5, 1 was ready for a Day 5 transfer, and on day 6, 3 were ready for freezing for future cycles. We went with a low dose of the stimulation meds because I am a thin, small woman (5' 2", 120 lbs), and Dr. Shah wanted to reduce the risk of hyperstimulation. Even with that, I still mildly hyperstimulated, which is still the case, as I got pregnant from that transfer; but it's just resulted in certain exercise restrictions since I have an enlarged ovary. Dr. Shah had me back for an extra Ultrasound appointment to monitor the ovary and has since graduated me to my local OB for monitoring of the pregnancy and the ovary. At one point, I was concerned about not getting eggs from the other ovary (which we now think doesn't exist), and asked about the possibility of restarting the cycle. Dr. Shah encouraged me to continue, because the responsive ovary was already doing very well, and we had a good chance of having a successful cycle regardless. I'm glad we did proceed.
Katie was always extremely friendly and prompt in responding to my messages. She was also very prompt to call me back on the phone. I couldn't ask for a better nurse IVF coordinator.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a massive practice, with multiple locations, each with multiple doctors. If you are in the Seattle area, SRM is one of the top fertility clinics in the area. If you haven't already, check them out in the SART database; their success rates are second to none in the area, and they do more IVF cycles than any other practice. The reason I chose them was, with so many cycles a year and such high rates of success, I assumed their lab and overall team had the most experience and therefore would offer the best treatment and highest chance of pregnancy for my husband and me. As a patient, I also observed that they followed what I knew from research to be current best practices in the field. With such a large practice, you might assume you wouldn't receive as much personal attention, but this was never the case for me at SRM. I never waited long--if at all--to get into an appointment; if I arrived early, they typically got me in early, which was awesome. When I arrived late on a couple occasions, they were still able to get me in fairly quickly. The receptionists were extremely friendly, as were the nurses, med techs, and doctors who saw me; and I saw people at Kirkland, Bellevue, and Seattle Westlake locations. I never felt rushed through an appointment. Everyone was happy to answer my questions, and when I needed to cry--as I did on a couple occasions--the staff was very compassionate and understanding. SRM even gave me a gift upon my "graduation" from their practice to my local OB. :-) I honestly loved being a patient at SRM. Even though SRM is a large practice, the individual locations make it feel smaller and more personal, while the experience of the lab, embryology team, and team of doctors ultimately results in excellent patient outcomes.
My IVF cycle cost about $13K with medications. It would have been closer to $16K, but they gave us a military discount. It costs $40 a month to store embryos--the same to store sperm. $120 for a uterine sounding. Otherwise, I can't remember. A lot of the diagnostics are billed to insurance, which is nice.
Dr. Shah--and indeed, I believe this is in accord with SRM's practices in general--strongly encouraged us to do eSET. I am 31, so my chances of having healthy embryos that would form healthy pregnancies was very high, so high that if we were to transfer two, my risk of multiples was 30%--too high for comfort, considering the risks accompanying multiple gestation. This was my understanding from research I'd already done, as well, so my husband and I came into treatment already wanting eSET. I also know a couple young women who have had twins from multiple embryo transfer, and I knew the risk was high. I believe if I had been an older woman or had already had failed previous transfers or cycles, the recommendation would have been different. However, since this was my first IVF and there was no reason to believe we wouldn't be successful with eSET, that was the recommendation. It's my understanding that this is considered a best practice by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, as well. I'm glad we went that way.
Kirkland
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Shah was fine...He is a nice man. However, I did not have a good outcome and the fertilization method I requested was not followed. I feel like I wasted my time and money. He was respectful of my husband and me and adapted portions of my treatment protocol as requested...He wanted to trigger me using lupron, but I requested a dual trigger of lupron and hcg due to the low number if follicles and size. He instructed me to use Novarel 10,000 units the night of trigger. I ended up triggering early do to my follicle size and response to meds.
I am extremely disappointed with my experience with SRM. They seemed unorganized at times and my preference for natural fertilization was not followed. In the end, I suffered what feels like a big loss and ended up with nothing. However, everyone was nice... there was a delay in receiving a response of my patient portal messages. It was faster to call her [nurse] and leave a message. Additionally, mixed information was provided about the time of egg retrieval and after care instructions, even though it ended up being ok in the end.
How was your experience with Akhil Shah at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Shah was fine. I am not a fan of SRM practice policies and I will not be returning.
I took Menopur 150 units plus Gonal-F 300 units, with close follow up. My ovaries responded very fast. I added cetrotide 0.25mg to prevent ovulation while continuing the Menopur and Gonal-F once my follicle size was adequate. He wanted to trigger me using lupron, but I requested a dual trigger of lupron and hcg due to the low number if follicles and size. He instructed me to use Novarel 10,000 units the night of trigger. I ended up triggering early do to my follicle size and response to meds. The day of egg retrieval was performed by Dr. Criniti. She was nice. Seven eggs were retrieved from my 7 follicles (I have one ovary). Of the 7 eggs 5 were mature and fertilized using ICSI. Only 2 of the 5 eggs fertilized appropriately. Of the 2 embryos none were frozen because they stopped developing on Day 3. This practice only looks at embryos on Day 5/6. I received a call on Day 5, that my embryos stopped developing. They wanted to discuss next steps, but I had no interest due to my loss. This was for fertility preservation and due to my poor outcome, I will not pursue the full recommended treatment of chemoimmunotherapy. I am going to try my luck with immunotherapy only.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grace H. )
Grace is nice. However, there was a delay in receiving a response of my patient portal messages. It was faster to call her and leave a message. Additionally, mixed information was provided about the time of egg retrieval and after care instructions, even though it ended up being ok in the end.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had issues with the financial counseling. I was told opposing information by the same and different people. I also did not get a due date on my estimate, but was told it was due within 30 days of egg retrieval since I was a Shared Hope/cancer patient. This was not the case. I received a message a week after my first visit requesting the full (almost) $9,000 due immediately. I also tried to pay for a semen analysis the day of but was told to just wait for a bill in the mail, which was also apparently wrong. I am extremely disappointed with my experience with SRM. They seemed unorganized at times and my preference for natural fertilization was not followed. In the end, I suffered what feels like a big loss and ended up with nothing. However, everyone was nice.
Just under $9,000 due to being apart of Shared Hope program for cancer patients. Additionally, medications were free as a cancer patient via the Heartbeat Program and Livestrong.
I did not make it to this stage, but his preference is single embryo transfer given my age. However, I informed him that I wanted 2 embryos transferred.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have already listed out my issues with conflicting information, change of time and physician performing egg retrieval, and pharmacy paperwork issues(but no delay in receiving medications)
Kirkland
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. ... I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I
My appointments have always been on time [at Seattle Reproductive Med-Kirkland]. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
How was your experience with Michele Cho at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I left our first time meeting feeling good. Nervous but happy to have been able to see a doctor who listened to us and explained things. Just wish I would hear more from her when I would email the clinic or at least see her. I haven’t seen her since the initial consultation.
Write down any questions you have and ask them when you meet with her for the first time. I wish I had done so. I had so many questions I wasn’t able to ask because I didnt think of them at the time.
Dr. Cho did no t treat me as a number. She was very personable. She answered any questions we had and gave us reassurance that she will do whatever she can to help us achieve a healthy pregnancy.
I was prescribed levothyroxine and metformin right off the bat. Also was put on progesterone to help induce a period then to take letrozole. Was advised to track ovulation with OPKs. First few cycles were unmonitored - however the progesterone never induced a period. So then started to go in for baseline ultrasounds every week to see if there were any progress. I would not end up producing follicles but would have cysts instead. The protocol was then changed to a higher dosage of letrozole and added dexamethasone. The cysts went away and started producing follicles. Tracked ovulation using OPKs and timed intercourse. Did one cycle with ovidrel. Ended with a negative pregnancy test but now I am getting my periods on my own like clockwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
My Nurse Tina is a great communicator. She is the one I talk to most of the time.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My appointments have always been on time. Clinic is clean. Leave extra time to find parking since there are days where parking is easy and there are days where parking is hard to find since it is shared with Evergreen Hospital. Only thing is that at times the front desk will not acknowledge you as you wait to check in. And when you have a balance pending, they ask if you would like to pay. One time I had said I had just mailed a check in and the front desk had to ask if it was OK that I’d be seen since the payment hasn’t been received yet, etc. I thought it was a little overkill since I mailed the check out the day prior so it would take another day or two before they receive it. Other than that, I am happy with the clinic.
Insurance has covered a good portion. Have had to pay out of pocket for whatever insurance hasn’t covered. I would say we have spent about maybe less than $1,000 within the year including any prescriptions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Had the wrong prescription filled once. Went to the pharmacy to find that out and the clinic was already closed so had to wait until the next day to call.
Kirkland
Dr Cho is compassionate and thorough. She is direct about concerns and clear about risks and setting reasonable expectations. When something changes she is compassionate about the setback and thoroughly explains options...Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Genetic counseling appointment [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was not covered and cost $250...They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless...Staff and Dr Cho are always personable and friendly and adaptable to what is unique about my case and situation.
Choose her
I did a natural-start IVF cycle because of risks with using birth control due to aural migraines. Did Menopur and gonal-f with cetrotide antagonist. No particular rationale for those. Lupron trigger due to mild OHSS with previous retrieval at another clinic. Intending a natural cycle for FET since I’m cycling an ovulating naturally. Love that the clinic and Dr Cho are flexible enough to accommodate a fluid schedule for that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy and the other coordinators were always prompt to respond to questions and concerns. When Kimmy was out of town another nurse responded seamlessly to my needs.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything has been great so far. They have less of a wait than the other big clinic in the area (about 4 weeks for initial consult with my requested RE, versus 7-8 weeks to see anyone at all). They are big enough to have lots of staff support, available appointments, locations for monitoring, etc, but small enough not to feel like just a number. Billing and genetic counseling and appointments have all been smooth and seamless.
Not sure. I have insurance coverage so costs are all negotiated and won’t be billed u til the cycle is completed. Genetic counseling appointment was not covered and cost $250.
Doctor Cho is open to both options depending on the situation and the patient’s willingness to risk multiples.