Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

Colorado Springs, CO 80920
8200 E. Belleview Ave
Denver, CO 80111

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Polotsky is warm and friendly, and called me several times personally to check in....admits when his suggestions are based more on clinical experience than on science (as with having me stay on meds 2 extra weeks because I had a subchorionic hemorrhage). I enjoyed his jocular bedside manner, but it might not be to everyone's taste. Of course, the important thing is that we got results!...He prefers estrogen in patch form and a PIO-only regimen. Dr. Polotsky and SGF do not routinely use antibiotics or steroids for transfers
[at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado] really appreciated how easy it was to get an answer to portal messages! If your nurse was not in that day, a different nurse would respond, usually within an hour or two, and their answers would make sense and be helpful....A live person usually answers the phone (except for billing), appointments were pretty easy to make, and they were always nice about it when traffic made me late....
How was your experience with Alex Polotsky at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
Dr. Polotsky has a very specific personality- he's warm and funny and admits when his suggestions are based more on clinical experience than on science (as with having me stay on meds 2 extra weeks because I had a subchorionic hemorrhage). I enjoyed his jocular bedside manner, but it might not be to everyone's taste. Of course, the important thing is that we got results!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alex Polotsky at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
Be prepared for his slightly oddball manner!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alex Polotsky at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
Describe the protocols Alex Polotsky used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado and their degree of success.
We did only donor embryo transfer cycles with Dr. Polotsky (no retrievals), as well as a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp that turned up. We used fully programmed cycles although he was open to trying a natural one. He prefers estrogen in patch form and a PIO-only regimen. Dr. Polotsky and SGF do not routinely use antibiotics or steroids for transfers, which I appreciate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Teale)
I really, really appreciated how easy it was to get an answer to portal messages! If your nurse was not in that day, a different nurse would respond, usually within an hour or two, and their answers would make sense and be helpful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
I was really happy there! A live person usually answers the phone (except for billing), appointments were pretty easy to make, and they were always nice about it when traffic made me late. There was a phlebotomist with mask trouble but otherwise the staff was great. There was no "bad ultrasound tech" like at my previous clinic. I felt like I was getting great care but without feeling like a number the way you do at CCRM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alex Polotsky at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
SGF has fairly reasonable costs for embryo donation, but my insurance covered it. I think there was a $1500 non-billable charge. Another wrinkle is that the Colorado system can't talk to the East Coast and I sometimes had to pay up front.
Describe Alex Polotsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
For the donor embryo program, I believe 1 is always the standard.
Alex Polotsky

2020 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Alex Polotsky] was great at listening to our concerns. We felt like all our doctors looked at us individually and they consulted other specialists when considering the best course of action for us. He was good at keeping us as relaxed as we could be during all this...This clinic strongly prefers single embryo transfer as they know the risks of a multiple pregnancy on a mother.
It’s [Shady Grove Fertility Colorado] a new clinic so they are still growing but we felt confident in the medical care as the doctors have all been practicing for a long time, just not under the Shady Grove umbrella. We had the resources of a large clinic but it felt personable and friendly. We were very happy with everyone.
How was your experience with Alex Polotsky at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
He was great at listening to our concerns. We felt like all our doctors looked at us individually and they consulted other specialists when considering the best course of action for us. He was good at keeping us as relaxed as we could be during all this.
Write everything down
Dr. Polotsky and all the staff got to know me, used my name, and spent time listening to all my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Jessica went out of her way to make sure I had all my questions answered. She called me when I would message about more confusing things, and always answered my questions completely.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
It’s a new clinic so they are still growing but we felt confident in the medical care as the doctors have all been practicing for a long time, just not under the Shady Grove umbrella. We had the resources of a large clinic but it felt personable and friendly. We were very happy with everyone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
Very calm atmosphere
We did the shared risk program offered so the expenses were higher than if we had done everything a la carte. However, the peace of mind of knowing we got our money back if it didn’t work was worth it.
Alex Polotsky