Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1515 Market Street
877-916-4244
2005 Technology Pkwy
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
877-916-4244
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia to a friend?
2013 - 2018
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Sometimes this clinic [Shady Grove-Harrisburg] is extremely busy so don't expect to be in & out in 30min. Always ask questions to make sure you are all on same page. Front desk could be more knowledgeable. There was a few times I was there & asked hey wasn't I supposed to have this done today. Then they were like hold on let me check & would come back in to say yeah you are right.
2013 - 2018
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Sometimes this clinic is extremely busy so don't expect to be in & out in 30min. Always ask questions to make sure you are all on same page. Front desk could be more knowledgeable. There was a few times I was there & asked hey wasn't I supposed to have this done today. Then they were like hold on let me check & would come back in to say yeah you are right.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I would say I got treated more like a human until after my first & only live birth. Then I felt more like a number after that cuz it was the same protocols time after time & results were similar unfortunately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
She was always good at responding to emails & phone calls. There was a few times there was miscommunications & I'm glad I asked questions.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
When I first met Espositto I felt like I was at the right place & she made me feel like family. I will be forever thankful for all she did to help us achieve one of our dreams of having a child. She was compassionate & caring from the beginning & throughout all my bad experiences. I just wish from the start some things would of been mentioned about doing like pgs testing & ERA biopsy not at the end when I had practically used all my embryos. It was nice when she would call me before a transfer & wish me good luck but towards the end it was always communicating w the nurse. I am currently trying yet for another baby but unfortunately have to start over from a retrieval & switched drs due to I feel abandoned by her now. I know she is a great dr but for some reason she refuses to call me or maybe the nurse isn't asking her to. She has been a blessing to me but I have a new dr now that I hope will give it their all to help me achieve my dreams of having a second baby!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Don't be hesitant to ask questions or second guess anything! She is a great dr but its your future♡
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
One retrieval 10 eggs 9 mature & all 9 fertilized w Icsi to great quality blasts. Transferred 1 fresh ended in chemical. 2nd FET w 1 was neg. 3rd FET w 2 was pos & ended in live birth♡. 4th FET w 2 was pos but ended in MC at 9wks. 5th FET w 2 was pos but ended in MC at 7.5 wks. 6th FET w 1 was chemical but embryo stuck in catheter & had to reprep it for transfer again. My 3rd -6th i did endo scratch w prednisolone & lovenox w other transfer meds.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
You could go in at certain hrs in morn & mostly when it worked best for you. Sometimes you could go in & it was extremely busy & waited a long time. Then there was days you were in & out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Many many $1000s. Too much unfortunately. All out of pocket
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
She said one for 1st two transfers but after that it was 2.
Mechanicsburg
Shady Grove is all about education. They have unlimited opportunities to better your understanding of yourself, your fertility journey, their treatments and services, as well as the case histories of other patients in similar fertility stages, treatments and outcomes...The nursing staff is professional, polite, conversational and willing to go the extra step to ensure quality patient care...IUI is 1,800 per cycle--Medication costs were per insurance provider.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
She is warm and kind. She makes direct eye contact and doesn't interrupt when you're talking. She is very willing to give more or less detail based on your feedback. She never seems like she's in a hurry.
Dr. Esposito is a very professional doctor who maintains the high standard of the clinic without feeling cold or clinical. She is very conversational with patients but is able to answer questions directly and provide more or less information based on your level of inquiry. I appreciate the balance between her warm manner and high level of professionalism. Our conversations have always been candid and thorough. She is gentle when performing evaluations and never seems like she is in a hurry.
Don't make any assumptions based on fear or lack of experience--the best way to make the next step is to get more information. The more you know the better prepared you are to move forward with clarity and confidence.
The trajectory that we have mapped out with Dr. Esposito is to start my first round of fertility medications this month, starting with medication and ovulation charting the first round and then move to medication with timed intercourse and then medication, egg harvesting an then IUI as necessary.
IUI is 1,800 per cycle--Medication costs were per insurance provider.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
They [Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] are organized, communicative, flexible and make sure your experience is to your satisfaction. I expressed concerns about the financial counselor we were assigned and we received a phone call the very next day from our new financial counselor.... We exhausted insurance benefits for 2nd cycle so we opted to go with Shared Risk so we had a fair shot at making and bringing our baby home. Shared Risk is out of pocket and runs $19,500 plus $3,500 for genetic testing.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
They are organized, communicative, flexible and make sure your experience is to your satisfaction. I expressed concerns about the financial counselor we were assigned and we received a phone call the very next day from our new financial counselor.
Dr. Esposito cared deeply about our desire to be parents. She was patient through the process of explaining everything to us even if she had to repeat herself. She was very empathetic and was supportive of the way we wanted to go about treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Amy Cicero)
Amy was out of this world, amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better nurse. So patient and so incredibly kind hearted. Such an amazing communicator.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Esposito was explicit in her explanation of treatment. She made sure to answer our questions fully and she covered all risks involved. We appreciated how she spoke to us in a down-to-earth manner and she treated us with importance and sensitivity. She was reassuring and when our first cycle failed she felt deeply unsatisfied and outlined exactly how the protocol would change and how she was going to make this happen for us. "I just want to make your dream of becoming parents come true", those were her exact words.
Have faith. Trust the process. Ask questions- there is no such thing as "too many questions". Make sure you feel like all of your concerns are addressed and you are being heard. If you are a patient of Dr. Esposito, you will have no trouble with that. Be upfront and transparent.
I was on a menopur/gonal protocol with femera to keep my endometriosis at bay and introduced cetrotide towards the end of stims to prevent ovulation. Triggered with HCG.
Meds were between $5K-$6K, genetic testing was $5K. The rest was covered by my insurance. We exhausted insurance benefits for 2nd cycle so we opted to go with Shared Risk so we had a fair shot at making and bringing our baby home. Shared Risk is out of pocket and runs $19,500 plus $3,500 for genetic testing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Our total cost for the Shared Risk Program [at Shady Grove Fertility] with the genetic testing for all embryos was $28,000. The cost of visits were included. We probably spent an additional $300-$400 on meds for those three trials of IVF. We spent about $300-$400 on IUI with the cost of visit co-pays and medication over six tries...They can and will drop you from the shared risk program if you do not conceive within two tries. They label it low ovarian reserve or response and do not consider that grief plays a role. They push the phrase, "you get up to six tries and you either get a baby or your money back." They do not spend a lot of time going over reasons you could be dis-enrolled from the program which is misleading. Also, the services are extremely expensive and there is little information offered about financial resources for patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Shady Grove Fertility (SGF) is a very well run clinic overall. The staff is friendly and efficient, their facilities are clean and they seem invested in your success at becoming a parent. They only do procedures out of their Chesterbrook office which is not very convenient. There are times the Bala office has been closed unexpectedly which is inconvenient as well. The Chesterbrook office usually does well accommodating that. The decision board is less personable. They seem to treat patients more like a number in that they do not take into consideration contextual variables. They can and will drop you from the shared risk program if you do not conceive within two tries. They label it low ovarian reserve or response and do not consider that grief plays a role. They push the phrase, "you get up to six tries and you either get a baby or your money back." They do not spend a lot of time going over reasons you could be dis-enrolled from the program which is misleading. Also, the services are extremely expensive and there is little information offered about financial resources for patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Martin has excellent bedside manner. He always remains positive and tried not give unfavorable information in a kind way. He has been open to phone calls and visits, and never makes his patients feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Bennis)
Tori is very kind. She is sometimes unavailable but the other nurses do a good job of covering for each other. She seemed a bit less knowledgeable than our previous nurse, Debbie Dancer, but she was ok.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Martin is very funny, personable and kind. He works hard to try and lighten the mood and often makes jokes in the office. He is also gentle. Vaginal ultrasounds are not the most comfortable thing and he does a great job and easing that discomfort.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Ask your questions. He is more than willing to answer anything you throw at him and if he doesn't know the answer, hell get back to you. Don't be shy. Ask what you need to know and ask about risks.
Describe the protocols Ryan Martin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I believe I was on an antagonist protocol. I did the Estrogen patch followed by menopur and follistim for egg stimulation. Ganirelix was introduced to wards the end to prevent ovulation prior to egg retrieval. I was taking 450 ml of follistim per day (350 AM/ 150 pm), two vials & then three vials of menopur (one saline solution with the powder menopur) in the evenings and one syringe of the ganirelix. Not sure of the dosage of menopur or ganirelix but those were the instructions. I had appts every other day or so and sometimes daily. Bloodwork was obtained at every visit. I also had a saline sonogram twice during the course of treatment.
Monitoring occurred between the hours of 7-9am daily. It was a well-oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Our total cost for the Shared Risk Program with the genetic testing for all embryos was $28,000. The cost of visits were included. We probably spent an additional $300-$400 on meds for those three trials of IVF. We spent about $300-$400 on IUI with the cost of visit co-pays and medication over six tries.
Describe Ryan Martin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
My doctor recommended one embryo be transferred but was ok with transferring two at most. That's how we got pregnant with our twins. After losing them, he recommends only transferring one at a time.
Center City
[Shady Grove Fertility] does not do a great job at conveying when you would be dis-enrolled from their shared risk program. They push the "you get up to six tries and you either get a baby or your money back" jargon but they do not highlight that low response following grief can make them kick you out which adds insult to injury. This is a delicate process only complicated by losses of pregnancies or negative test results. That, was not handled delicately and we absolutely felt like we were just a number or just statistical odds rather than people.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
As mentioned in my other review (of Dr. Martin), Shady Grove Fertility (SGF) is a very well-run, well-organized facility. The staff is kind, personable, friendly and knowledgeable. Though you have a primary physician, all of the doctors tend to make you feel very comfortable and cared for. I don't have any other facility to compare it to however, sharing stories with other people having fertility challenges, I am very grateful for feeling like a human rather than a number more often than not. The one issue I have with SGF is their shared risk program. It's a great option but they do not do an efficient job at talking to you about what constitutes dis-enrollment from the program. We felt extremely blindsided by this decision from the review board and felt like they did not take into account that we experienced a loss and that grief can effect med response. Instead, we were put in a situation where we have to make very difficult decisions about moving forward because of the financial burden. I will say that through this hard time, my doctors have been kind and understanding. The decision seems to be above their heads and I think it would be helpful for there to be some kind of appeals process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. K was absolutely amazing. She was very kind and genuinely seemed invested in our family creation. She answered our questions, was very personable, gentle and respectful. She genuinely seemed just as disappointed when we didn't get pregnant with IUI and she also appeared to try everything she could with clomid stimulation to assist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Daniella Pellicioti)
Daniela had her challenges in that she sometimes seemed a bit scattered. Initially, I was not a huge fan because of this. Having said that, Daniela was actually my FAVORITE nurse. She too, left the agency towards the end of our IUI trials but she was present for all of our inseminations. When we had a IUI w/ a different doctor, she was in the room and she really went to bat for me when I had a narrowing of the cervix. The doc (Dr. Munabi) attempted to use dilators which was extremely painful and Daniela really was amazing with me and him. She advocated for me, helped to calm me and genuinely made me feel like she had my back. I really valued her for all she did.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
How was your experience with Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
To be honest, it was great to work with a physician who identifies as a woman. We feel comfortable at Shady Grove however, all the doctors are male while all the nurses are female. It was nice to have a woman who was kind, gentle and knowledgeable. She was truly wonderful and I wish we had the opportunity to work with her when we transitioned to IVF. Dr. K relocated to the Maryland office after our last round of IVF. We saw Dr. Martin after that who is also great (I did a review for him already). After we lost our twin daughters (Dr. Martin did that embryo transfer), both he AND Dr. K called me to express their condolences. That meant a lot and showed that even though I wasn't currently a patient of hers (because she had relocated), she was still keeping an eye on my treatment and invested in our success. I absolutely adore Dr. K.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
It's ok to be vulnerable. Ask your questions and trust that she will spend the necessary time with you to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible when leaving the office.
Describe the protocols Sunita Kulshrestha used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
We did the IUI portion of our treatment with Dr. K. Initially, I think we just did the monitoring with no additional stimulation. We eventually added the clomid at 50 mg and towards the end, increased it to 100 mg. I believe I also did birth control protocol prior to starting the clomid 100 mg on our last 2 tries. Monitoring was every other day or everyday as we got closer to insemination. Dr. K also did two saline sonograms to ensure my uterine cavity was normal. I had an HSG prior to starting w/ Dr. K and at the time, my tubes were open and the dye passed through without incident.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
We exclusively did IUI with Dr. K. We paid for our co-pays and for the medication. I estimate we spent between $300-$400 total on those expenses.
Describe Sunita Kulshrestha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Dr. K had conversations with us twice about the possibility of multiples. On our last two tries of IUI, I made 8 eggs and 7 eggs (with the clomid for both). She spoke to us about eSET from a safety perspective. We were honestly a bit uncomfortable with this idea and didn't know what we would do if I did get pregnant with more than two babies. I didn't want to risk the entire pregnancy by doing the reduction procedure. When I worked with Dr. K, it was not IVF so the embryo transfer was not the issue. It was whether all the eggs I made actually fertilized.
Sunita Kulshrestha
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Weakness not reading the medical charts well enough to catch things that they should know right away but the patient had to catch it...Strengths the nursing staff [at Shady Grove] rocks and makes you feel very comfortable...They didn't catch that my follicle was growing in the right ovary which my right tube is blocked and would automatically cancel that IUI that cycle and kept me going with the injections until i mentioned something.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Weakness not reading the medical charts well enough to catch things that they should know right away but the patient had to catch it. Not being able to understand Dr. Munabi. Strengths the nursing staff rocks and makes you feel very comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Sometimes I felt I was just another couple and didn't feel like he was super personal to our case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Morgan sheets)
These ladies were excellent. Made it easier to understand what was going on since we could barely understand Dr. Munabi
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
How was your experience with Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
It's very hard to understand him. My husband and I just wanted cut and dry what we need to do. During our 1st appointment after all the tests he said we should be able to do timed intercourse with pills. But the 3rd visit he said we should just go straight to IVF. I was very confused and we were told we could also do IUI. He messed up my 1st cycle when he knew my right tube was blocked but that was the only side with a follicle and was still instructing me to stimulate until I said something about it. I'm just a little discouraged by it and when our 1st IUI failed I couldn't bear to try again. Plus I hated having to travel an hour to another facility to get the procedure done.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Make sure to get a second opinion. He isn't clear with your diagnosis and what your next step for treatment is. He is very hard to understand with his thick accent.
Describe the protocols Abraham Munabi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My 1st treatment was stimulating with ovudril & follistim to prepare me for IUI. Several appointments for a vaginal ultrasound to see if we had good follicles and they were growing. My 1st treatment occurred on the right ovary which my tube is blocked. I had to mention to the dr & nurse about this bc of it voiding the IUI & they didn't catch it. The 2nd treatment went well but my IUI didn't work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
IUI is $1600. I also had to get the follistim & ovudril from my pharmacy which costs around $70 total. I also received a bill for $135 after I stopped going and put things on hold and I'm not sure why. I thought my insurance covered all my appointments. I also had to pay $300 each for mine and my husbands genetic testing.
Describe Abraham Munabi (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
We didn't have to cover that during treatment. But he did mention if we had more than one embryo we could choose to eliminate the multiples.
Abraham Munabi (retired)
Lancaster
IVF,ICSI cost about $10000 and $4000 in meds...I loved everything about this clinic [Shady Grove at Camp Hill]. I do want to warn you that they have many branches and if you're branch doesn't have a Dr on the day your cycle falls for transfer or IUI, you may have to go elsewhere. I didn't mind this as it gave me tons if options for appt times. And all the doctors I've encountered have been great through Shady Grove
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I loved everything about this clinic. I do want to warn you that they have many branches and if you're branch doesn't have a Dr on the day your cycle falls for transfer or IUI, you may have to go elsewhere. I didn't mind this as it gave me tons if options for appt times. And all the doctors I've encountered have been great through Shady Grove
Dr Esposito always took time to talk to me after our appointments, she wouldn't just rush out. She always remembered everything about us and would even stop and talk to us in the hallway. When I was in the room still for different procedures, she would run out to waiting room and let my husband know I was good. She was optimistic but honest about percentages and didn't sugar coat things. Also took time to explain anything we needed in great detail.
The nurses are always very sweet! They talk and get to know you... they were very kind to me as I faint often when I have blood taken. Eventually got it under control, but they were soooo patient
I loved her. I loved that she was blunt about things and her opinions... always having research to back it up too!
She doesn't always have a filter, but I loved that. She's eccentric and very knowledgeable.
I did 6 IUIs, and she was up front that she only wanted to do 3 max, less if we were comfortable. She doesn't like IUIs as much due to such low success rates. I totally agree with her!! Unfortunately my insurance forced us to do 6 before moving onto IVF. We did 3 cycles on clomid, 3 cycles on injectable meds then moved onto Antagonist Protocol for IVF with ICSI.
IVF,ICSI cost about $10000 and $4000 in meds. Luckily we have insurance contracted rate which knocked it to $7000 and then insurance paid $4700 of that. So for us it was around $6400. IUI Was about $500-$700 contracted rate I think
Mechanicsburg
They [Shady Grove] worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with... Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF....Alyssa was amazing. She communicated with us frequently, and conveniently though email while I was at work. She was compassionate, professional, and knowledgeable....The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates. I know several couples who have successfully conceived with Shady Grove. They worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Bromer called me frequently to update me on the progress of our embryos, changes in our treatment plan, etc. These calls occurred on weekdays, weekends...whenever I needed to know something, he was sure be in contact with us. He also listened to and supported our reasons for electing to transfer more than one embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Bold)
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage, both of which provided us with some really helpful information.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Ask questions, and seek to understand your treatment. Dr. Bromer is an advocate of both, and will help you to make informed decisions.
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I truly don't remember the details of our fertility drugs, though I know I took Lupron both times. Our first egg retrieval yielded 8 embryos, only 2 of which were suitable for transfer. Though we achieved pregnancy, I miscarried at 8 weeks. At Dr. Bromer's suggestion, we had testing on the miscarried baby and learned that he had Klinefelter's syndrome. Our 2nd egg transfer we used ICSI. This also yielded 8 embyos, and though all had fertilized, most had done so abnormally. Only 2 were suitable for transfer. Dr. Bromer said that over two cycles our fertilization rate was on the lower end, and that it was possible that there was some undiagnosed factor impacting our fertilization, which we would want to explore should the cycle fail. Fortunately both embryos implanted, and we were blessed with boy/girl twins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The consultation and diagnostics were covered by my insurance. Fertility drugs cost in the neighborhood of $2500 per cycle. Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Our fertility clinic promotes eSET. However for a variety of reasons, we elected to transfer both of our embryos each time we did IVF. Dr. Bromer was extremely supportive of this decision. In fact, when the doctor performing my transfer questioned and even discouraged our decision to transfer both, it was Dr. Bromer's support that helped me stand firm in our decision and insist that both be transferred, as Dr. Bromer and I had discussed. Looking at both of our beautiful kids (born full-term after an uneventful pregnancy), I'm so glad we had Dr. Bromer on our side.
Jason Bromer
Mechanicsburg
[Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] Does not allow children in office - personally I think that's important in a clinic. Small location - you will know all the staff (I love Haley, the girl that takes your blood) You will have to go to Chesterbrook for the procedures and on weekend...(nursing staff] they are very kind and experienced...Egg retrieval, day-5 fresh embryo transfer. Continued endometrin for a long time into the pregnancy...
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Does not allow children in office - personally I think that's important in a clinic. Small location - you will know all the staff (I love Haley, the girl that takes your blood) You will have to go to Chesterbrook for the procedures and on weekends
Dr K. was there for me every step of the way. One example: the nurse told me I would probably need a frozen transfer and I completely broke down in tears. Minutes later, Dr. K herself called me (well after 5pm) to talk through it and reassure me we would do everything possible to have a fresh transfer. She still checks in on me and has met the baby a couple times!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Daniella - not with practice anymore)
I recently met the new nursing staff and believe they are very kind and experienced. I have not yet undergone treatment with them so cannot comment.
Dr. Kulshretha treats every patient like her top priority. She tells you what she thinks is best, listens to your concerns, and works with you to make the treatment be as best as it can for you. She never rushes you, and is always aware of your treatment. She'll let you know if another physician will be monitoring you for a particular day.
Allow her to get close with you. Think of her as a good friend. It will help her be on your page for treatment.
Im sorry but I dont remember specifics. I took 3 shots a day, 1 in the am and 1 in the pm. Egg retrieval, day-5 fresh embryo transfer. Continued endometrin for a long time into the pregnancy...
Did a SET (she felt very strongly about it). The embryo split into two (identical twins) but I lost one.
Sunita Kulshrestha
Center City
Hallie [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was very responsive even when we were frazzled or emotional about things not going our way. She ensured we were comfortable and always responded in a timely manner on all emails and phone calls...Meds ranged between $25-100 and IUI procedure was $1800...The overall clinic is great. They try to schedule appointments in the most convenient fashions so it does not interfere with your day. They have very clean facilities and work with you to the best of their ability.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Dr Martin has been very friendly and treated us like we were the only patients that he has. He ensured we understood ever step of the process and continues to keep us positive and moving toward our goal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Hallie)
Hallie was very responsive even when we were frazzled or emotional about things not going our way. She ensured we were comfortable and always responded in a timely manner on all emails and phone calls.
Dr Martin was phenomenal from the first time he met us and each and every time there after. He always made sure we knew what our next step in the process is/was and makes us feel comfortable like we have the same goal and not just a number.
He is extremely through so if you have questions don't be afraid to ask them.
My wife had to use Clomid and a trigger shot for 4 TI cycles and the same for 1 IUI cycle. Each cycle the drugs were working as prescribed and we had no set backs just never got pregnant.
Meds ranged between $25-100 and IUI procedure was $1800.
not applicable
Center City
There weakness is they [Shady Grove of Philadelphia] don’t offer financial services. Other then that they are all amazing. I’m glad I’m going to them and they choosed to take me as a patient. I’m very thankful for there words. I love this place... [Cost Of Treatment] It was about 28,000 for 6cycles and if it don’t work they give you your money back... Heather is a god sent also. She worked with prices and helped me understand everything.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
There weakness is they don’t offer financial services. Other then that they are all amazing. I’m glad I’m going to them and they choosed to take me as a patient. I’m very thankful for there words. I love this place
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I felt I was being taken care of and that he gave me hope and made everything to easy to understand and I really appreciate everything he done . Can’t wait to do more work with ivf with him
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
How was your experience with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I walked in with no hope of ever having a kid and he gave me the hope and gave me the piece of mind. He told me everything will be fine and gave me the plan. I appreciate everything he has done and I’m really happy. He is a god sent.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
My instructions I got on the first day of the visit
Describe the protocols Caleb Kallen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
He wants to get ultra sounds done and see what medication I need before everything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Describe Caleb Kallen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I was thinking about the doin to multi embryo transfer
Caleb Kallen
Center City
Very easy to get an appointment. They [Shady Grove of PA] open at 7 am which is amazing for teachers. I have been early for appointments and left before my actual appointment time. Easy to contact and get help when needed...All [nursing staff] wonderful. Willing to answer questions and help if my nurse was out of the office...Dr. Nguyen is very suppprtive and helps calms any fears you might have about treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Very easy to get an appointment. They open at 7 am which is amazing for teachers. I have been early for appointments and left before my actual appointment time. Easy to contact and get help when needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Very personable and easily reached when I had questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
All wonderful. Willing to answer questions and help if my nurse was out of the office.
How was your experience with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
She took time to explain what was going on with me in terms that I was able to understand. She also is very supportive of my choices with treatment. She gives me hope that a successful pregnancy can happen for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Be open and honest with your feelings. Dr. Nguyen is very suppprtive and helps calms any fears you might have about treatment.
Describe the protocols Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
We did a cycle of clomid due To the less monitoring required while I am working. If this does not work we are moving to IVF when I am off of work for the summer and would be able to do all the appointments. Dr. Nguyen was very supportive of our idea and plan.
Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen
Lancaster
Both the primary care nurse and some of the ancillary nursing staff were phenomenal. One of the med techs is very cold and gruff...Shady Grove seems to use a standard set of protocols, so don't be afraid to push back and ask if that is what is right for you...They would do better to have a more private patient waiting room setup - you will run into people you may know given the small size and few other resources in the area. Their financial aid paperwork is complex and depends upon patients managing multiple pieces of it -- which I was not made aware of until it was too late.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
She often ran very late and was cold and artificial
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
This office bumps patients between doctors and Dr Esposito was never my choice of physician. I was never happy to see that she would be performing a procedure because she was artificial, distant, and not able to make a human connection.
Try someone else in the practice.
outrageous, but that's what it is with no insurance coverage.
2 IUI, IVF
Tori [nurse at Shady Grove] was patient and followed up with me after I needed time to process the IVF decision. She's great!...So far I have nothing bad to say. Truly! This experience has been hard but 100% supportive. Everyone at the clinic I go to has been wonderful, and has taken the time to educate me and answer all my questions...24K and meds were seperate...Dr Martin was the first doctor to take all the time I needed to explain with compassion the treatment protocol, my last doctor experience was terrible, I'm so thankful for meeting the right doctor and group bc now I feel comfortable with fertility treatments.
2 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Tori was patient and followed up with me after I needed time to process the IVF decision. She's great!
Just listen to what he has to say ans how he explains it.
I am just starting the IVF protocol, so all the treatment strategies aren't determined yet. I was recommended IVF bc of my age and the fact that I had treatments in the past that failed.
24K and meds were seperate
Dr Martin highly recommends PSG testing and for that reason will only transfer one at a time. I am pleased with this.