7.3

877-916-4244
1515 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
610.667.1070

I loved her [Dr. Melissa Esposito]. I loved that she was blunt about things and her opinions... always having research to back it up too!...I did 6 IUIs, and she was up front that she only wanted to do 3 max, less if we were comfortable. She doesn't like IUIs as much due to such low success rates. I totally agree with her!! Unfortunately my insurance forced us to do 6 before moving onto IVF. We did 3 cycles on clomid, 3 cycles on injectable meds then moved onto Antagonist Protocol for IVF with ICSI.
IVF,ICSI cost about $10000 and $4000 in meds...I loved everything about this clinic [Shady Grove at Camp Hill]. I do want to warn you that they have many branches and if you're branch doesn't have a Dr on the day your cycle falls for transfer or IUI, you may have to go elsewhere. I didn't mind this as it gave me tons if options for appt times. And all the doctors I've encountered have been great through Shady Grove
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
I loved her. I loved that she was blunt about things and her opinions... always having research to back it up too!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
She doesn't always have a filter, but I loved that. She's eccentric and very knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr Esposito always took time to talk to me after our appointments, she wouldn't just rush out. She always remembered everything about us and would even stop and talk to us in the hallway. When I was in the room still for different procedures, she would run out to waiting room and let my husband know I was good. She was optimistic but honest about percentages and didn't sugar coat things. Also took time to explain anything we needed in great detail.
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
The nurses are always very sweet! They talk and get to know you... they were very kind to me as I faint often when I have blood taken. Eventually got it under control, but they were soooo patient
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I loved everything about this clinic. I do want to warn you that they have many branches and if you're branch doesn't have a Dr on the day your cycle falls for transfer or IUI, you may have to go elsewhere. I didn't mind this as it gave me tons if options for appt times. And all the doctors I've encountered have been great through Shady Grove
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
IVF,ICSI cost about $10000 and $4000 in meds. Luckily we have insurance contracted rate which knocked it to $7000 and then insurance paid $4700 of that. So for us it was around $6400. IUI Was about $500-$700 contracted rate I think
2014, Successful
Dr. Bromer called me frequently to update me on the progress of our embryos, changes in our treatment plan, etc. These calls occurred on weekdays, weekends...whenever I needed to know something, he was sure be in contact with us. He also listened to and supported our reasons for electing to transfer more than one embryo...Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage
They [Shady Grove] worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with... Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF....Alyssa was amazing. She communicated with us frequently, and conveniently though email while I was at work. She was compassionate, professional, and knowledgeable....The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Bromer explained our options thoroughly, answered any and all questions we had, let me vent when I needed to, and was overall extremely supportive. He encouraged genetic counseling, as well as testing of our miscarried baby in order to determine what had led to the miscarriage, both of which provided us with some really helpful information.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Ask questions, and seek to understand your treatment. Dr. Bromer is an advocate of both, and will help you to make informed decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
I truly don't remember the details of our fertility drugs, though I know I took Lupron both times. Our first egg retrieval yielded 8 embryos, only 2 of which were suitable for transfer. Though we achieved pregnancy, I miscarried at 8 weeks. At Dr. Bromer's suggestion, we had testing on the miscarried baby and learned that he had Klinefelter's syndrome. Our 2nd egg transfer we used ICSI. This also yielded 8 embyos, and though all had fertilized, most had done so abnormally. Only 2 were suitable for transfer. Dr. Bromer said that over two cycles our fertilization rate was on the lower end, and that it was possible that there was some undiagnosed factor impacting our fertilization, which we would want to explore should the cycle fail. Fortunately both embryos implanted, and we were blessed with boy/girl twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Bold)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The location was convenient to the Harrisburg area, and seem to have great success rates. I know several couples who have successfully conceived with Shady Grove. They worked with my insurance, scheduled appointments at times convenient for me, and were very pleasant to work with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
The consultation and diagnostics were covered by my insurance. Fertility drugs cost in the neighborhood of $2500 per cycle. Shared risk IVF cost $20,000, and covered up to six fresh cycles of IVF.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Our fertility clinic promotes eSET. However for a variety of reasons, we elected to transfer both of our embryos each time we did IVF. Dr. Bromer was extremely supportive of this decision. In fact, when the doctor performing my transfer questioned and even discouraged our decision to transfer both, it was Dr. Bromer's support that helped me stand firm in our decision and insist that both be transferred, as Dr. Bromer and I had discussed. Looking at both of our beautiful kids (born full-term after an uneventful pregnancy), I'm so glad we had Dr. Bromer on our side.
Jason Bromer
Mechanicsburg

My doctor [Dr. Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen] was not only friendly but she spoke in a way both my husband and I will understand. She not only showed compassion but she truly made sure we didn't feel alone. Throughout our testing phases and still through our financial hurdle we are trying to overcome to receive actual IVF treatment, she has been thorough and sympathetic...Due to the results of our genetic testing, IVF is our only option. She has explained why including risks of any other treatment along with the benefits IVF would provide once we undergo treatment.
My nurses (I have had two as on has moved onto another position) have been absolutely wonderful [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia]. I have been applying for grants non stop the last two years and each time, they have gotten back to me with all information needed in a timely manner and has wished me luck. They are truly wonderful and compassionate...This clinic used to be in Reading, PA. It was recently moved to Lancaster, PA into a building with other offices. The new office is bigger and renovated for a more appealing look than their old office. The only weakness would be the parking as they share the lot with other businesses/offices.
How was your experience with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
My doctor was not only friendly but she spoke in a way both my husband and I will understand. She not only showed compassion but she truly made sure we didn't feel alone. Throughout our testing phases and still through our financial hurdle we are trying to overcome to receive actual IVF treatment, she has been thorough and sympathetic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
She is wonderful!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Nguyen made sure both my husband and I were not only comfortable in her care but she also made sure we understood everything that was happening. She was sympathetic and offered a solution that she is STILL working on with us today.
Describe the protocols Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My nurses (I have had two as on has moved onto another position) have been absolutely wonderful. I have been applying for grants non stop the last two years and each time, they have gotten back to me with all information needed in a timely manner and has wished me luck. They are truly wonderful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Roughly around 25-30k including medications and genetic testing.
Describe Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Mechanicsburg

I did find it kind of odd that we were offered the option to do IUI from the get-go, if we chose to. I also wondered about investigating more into the cause of my infertility. Overall I trust her [Dr. Kara Khanh-HaNguyen] experience and her bedside manner is great....First cycle we tried 50mg clomid, trigger shot and timed intercourse. Because the clomid dried me out, we moved to IUI. We did 100 mg and have different results each cycle (sometimes multiple eggs, sometimes 1). We also did trigger shot and progesterone. The third IUI my lining was thin so we added estrogen. All cycles were negative.
I had several nurses [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia].Kristen was really great and helpful. Alyssa was not quite as helpful over email...The financial counselor was not great. She went over things very quickly and was not able to offer much guidance or help with certain items. Very vague and didn’t want to spend much time talking until we actually decided to do IVF...I did find it kind of odd that we were offered the option to do IUI from the get-go, if we chose to. I also wondered about investigating more into the cause of my infertility.
Kara was very friendly and followed up after each failed IUI. I did find it kind of odd that we were offered the option to do IUI from the get-go, if we chose to. I also wondered about investigating more into the cause of my infertility. Overall I trust her experience and her bedside manner is great.
Ask plenty of questions.
Kara called to follow up after each failed IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I had several nurses. Kristen was really great and helpful. Alyssa was not quite as helpful over email.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I had insurance. IVF was about $2500 with insurance, $4500 for meds and $1800 for freezing.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Esposito gave us Hope and Faith that she will do everything possible to help us through this process. She offered every option and let us choose what we felt was best for our family. She was kind and compassionate and very knowledgeable. She was prompt on responding and very down-to-earth when needed to be.... Our first cycle was IVF with insurance, we did gonal and menopur for our first cycle. We are getting ready to go through another cycle with the femara
Nothing everything was perfect through our process and continues to be. I would refer them [Shady Grove] at over anyone in the area. All the staff was all welcoming and loving and made connections with me and my husband....[Cost of Treatment] They are very comparable to the ones in our area. They have many options for treatment and cost... Tracy was so compassionate when I cried she cried. She felt so much love for me as a patient
I would suggest to have some good beneficial questions.
Dr. Esposito made a personal connection with both me and my husband. She made us feel comfortable. And answered every question we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Mccelland)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Nothing everything was perfect through our process and continues to be. I would refer them at over anyone in the area. All the staff was all welcoming and loving and made connections with me and my husband.
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
None
Mechanicsburg

She [Dr. Melissa Esposito] often ran very late and was cold and artificial...This office bumps patients between doctors and Dr Esposito was never my choice of physician. I was never happy to see that she would be performing a procedure because she was artificial, distant, and not able to make a human connection...Shady Grove seems to use a standard set of protocols, so don't be afraid to push back and ask if that is what is right for you.
Both the primary care nurse and some of the ancillary nursing staff were phenomenal. One of the med techs is very cold and gruff...Shady Grove seems to use a standard set of protocols, so don't be afraid to push back and ask if that is what is right for you...They would do better to have a more private patient waiting room setup - you will run into people you may know given the small size and few other resources in the area. Their financial aid paperwork is complex and depends upon patients managing multiple pieces of it -- which I was not made aware of until it was too late.
Try someone else in the practice.
She often ran very late and was cold and artificial
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
outrageous, but that's what it is with no insurance coverage.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I qualified for their discount program but was not informed I had to call the pharmacy and other providers myself to relay this information. This error cost me thousands of dollars.
Mechanicsburg
My nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] was my right hand woman, they knew what I was going through and were passionate with getting me all the process...I felt like she [Dr. Khanh-Ha Nguyen] treated me like a human because she took her time with my husband and I, reviewed all my previous records before our consultation from the dr I did my previous cycle with. Explained everything start to finish on the process. We were so comfortable with her and so happy that she cared so much about our journey...Even when my husband asked every question you could think she was patient and knew all the answers and best way to proceed. I feel like she is a part of our family even though our first cycle didn't turn out as we planned, she was right by our side to let us know she cared.
She always took her time with us explaining every detail of everything. She is so passionate and actually cares about us and our journey. She has made personal phone calls to us herself and to give us exciting news about our embryos. Even when my husband asked every question you could think she was patient and knew all the answers and best way to proceed. I feel like she is a part of our family even though our first cycle didn't turn out as we planned, she was right by our side to let us know she cared.
Go into your consultation with an open mind and be patient as she explains every detail of your journey. As much as it is frustrating she is rooting for you!
I felt like she treated me like a human because she took her time with my husband and I, reviewed all my previous records before our consultation from the dr I did my previous cycle with. Explained everything start to finish on the process. We were so comfortable with her and so happy that she cared so much about our journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Amy Ciero and Kristin Brodsky)
My nurse was my right hand woman, they knew what I was going through and were passionate with getting me all the process.
2019, Consult
She [Dr. Esposito] was great and very good at expaining everything to us. Answered all of our questions and made very good suggestions for our situation. We didnt feel so lost and overwhelmed when we left our consultation... Take a list of questions with you and she will answer every single one... [Eset Approach] Yes prefers using only 1 at a time... She took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic
[Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia is] Very organized. Responds quickly by phone email or patient portal if any questions. Easy to get appointments with a not so flexible work schedule. Billing department is also great and very helpful in picking the right financial plan... Tracey is an excellent fertility coordinator and has empathy and compassion in what she does... She [Dr. Esposito] took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic
She was great and very good at expaining everything to us. Answered all of our questions and made very good suggestions for our situation. We didnt feel so lost and overwhelmed when we left our consultation
Take a list of questions with you and she will answer every single one
She took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic Dr. Filer
We didnt have our 2nd cycle yet. We just switched to this new clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Not available yet since we are still deciding on whats financially best for us
Yes prefers using only 1 at a time
Mechanicsburg

Dr. Nguyen called me after I informed her office of my miscarriage to check in and see how I was doing. She broached the subject of next steps only after she was certain I was alright—she even sent me information for counselors who could help me...She fully explained all initial diagnostic procedures and made sure I understood what they were and why they were needed...Dr. Nguyen is very knowledgeable and patient and caring and is happy to answer any questions and address any concerns.
Every single person I’ve interacted with at SGF [Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] has been so kind...The ladies at the desk know me by name and can answer any questions I have when I call. The office itself is brand new (the Camp Hill location moved to Mechanicsburg in 2018/2019) and is very nice. The whole atmosphere is so calming when you’re there...
From the very first time I met her, Dr. Nguyen made me feel like I could conquer the world. She fully explained all initial diagnostic procedures and made sure I understood what they were and why they were needed. When I told her my biggest fear was doing all the tests and having it come back as unexplained infertility, she said “it might, and if it does, we can treat that too.” I felt so confident after that initial meeting. Unfortunately my results came back as low AMH/high FSH and she had to explain that the chances of my getting pregnant on my own and even using my own eggs for IVF were not good and that we should think about how we’d like to move forward. By some miracle I ended up getting pregnant shortly after that—however, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 9-1/2 weeks. Dr. Nguyen called me after I informed her office of my miscarriage to check in and see how I was doing. She broached the subject of next steps only after she was certain I was alright—she even sent me information for counselors who could help me through such an emotional time. At our next meeting, she explained again that my chances of getting pregnant on my own or an IVF cycle with my own eggs was not likely given my hormone levels however, since I was fortunate enough to have infertility coverage through my insurance at my job, she was willing to try. She told us, “I want to give you the best shot at having a baby, but I also want to be mindful of the insurance coverage you have and the financial strain of these procedures.” I’ve never once had a doctor who was concerned about a patient’s financing! We tried one cycle of IVF which had to be adjusted to an IUI cycle due to my ovaries not responding to the meds. That cycle, unfortunately, ended with a negative pregnancy test. Our next step is IVF with donor eggs—which will not be covered by my insurance.
I think the advice I would give to anyone is to ask as many questions as you can think of! Dr. Nguyen is very knowledgeable and patient and caring and is happy to answer any questions and address any concerns.
Dr. Nguyen is a very compassionate doctor. Each time I’ve seen her or spoke with her she starts the conversations wanting to know how I’m doing and what my expectations are. She has never once pressured me to do something I am not on board with; in fact, she has stated multiple times, “I’m here for whatever you want to do. You tell me what path you want to take and I will help you along that path.” Even when my odds of success with IVF using my own eggs, she let me try so that I wouldn’t have to live with the feelings of “what if.”
I was on Lupron for about 7 days and then was on menopur and gonal-f with an HCG trigger shot. With my hormone levels, my body did not react as other people’s would have and I only had one mature follicle by the time retrieval would have occurred. Because of this, I was switched to an IUI cycle as Dr. Nguyen did not think it was prudent to do retrieval for only one egg—which I agreed. The main reason she let me even go through with it was because my insurance was covering the bulk of the process and I didn’t want to not try it and then always wonder if it would have worked.
I started off with a nurse named Amy. She was very responsive to my messages and either had the answer when responding or told me she would find out and get back to me (which she did). Amy left that office and I was assigned Kristen. Like Amy, Kristen was quick to respond to any of my messages and thoughtful with her answers.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Every single person I’ve interacted with at SGF has been so kind. One thing that really struck my on my first meeting was a basket of cutout paper hearts and there were messages on them like “we are here for you” and “you’ve got this!” and I thought that was just going the extra step to show they care about their patients. The ladies at the desk know me by name and can answer any questions I have when I call. The office itself is brand new (the Camp Hill location moved to Mechanicsburg in 2018/2019) and is very nice. The whole atmosphere is so calming when you’re there.
My insurance thankfully covered a lot of the costs or partially covered. The meds were very expensive (I think $7k if I ordered through one of the pharmacies they recommended) so I ordered from overseas and it cost half that amount (but not covered by insurance).
No comment applicable for me currently, but she is in favor of single embryo transfer.
Philadelphia

Dr. Martin was knowledgeable and accommodating. He completed a lot of my testing as well as 4 rounds of IUI. The only thing I would have found more helpful would’ve been adjusting treatments based on not getting results rather than continuing to complete 4 cycles with the same ineffective treatment. ... I completed 4 cycles with doctor Martin using clomid to increase ovulation, ovidrel to trigger ovulation, and IUI for conception.
Costs at shady grove we’re higher than I’ve experienced with other doctors. ... This clinic is easily accessible just off the highway and has ample parking. It is clean and comfortable. They provide keurig coffee and water in the waiting room. The patient rooms are comfortable and clean. ... I dealt with the nursing staff through most of my care and they were very caring and compassionate. They always returned my inquiries in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Ask questions. If you feel something isn’t working and you think you need to make a change speak up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia?
Dr. Martin was very helpful. He was understanding and listened to everything I had to say.
Describe the protocols Ryan Martin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
Costs at shady grove we’re higher than I’ve experienced with other doctors.
Describe Ryan Martin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia.
I did not have this procedure
Ryan Martin