Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay

Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
813-616-1442

1 patient review filtered by:

2021, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Celso Silva] body shamed me frequently and when the cookie cutter treatment plan didn’t work he blamed me for not trying hard enough. He even suggested I should have bariatric surgery...It became clear very quickly that the treatment plan was cookie cutter...He made me take a disease of Letrozole that I had previously tried and didn’t have success with even after I said I didn’t want to
[Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay] Expensive, and stat based. Front desk was always a hot mess. They have set protocols for EVERYONE and they don’t change them when it doesn’t work. I expressed concerns and they were dismissed. It was like pulling teeth to ask for lab orders so I didn’t have to drive over an hour round trip to just have blood work done. They just care about volume of patients and success rates…. Such a shame.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Very hurtful. He body shamed me frequently and when the cookie cutter treatment plan didn’t work he blamed me for not trying hard enough. He even suggested I should have bariatric surgery (which prolongs fertility treatment significantly).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Forget about the numbers—we are PEOPLE just trying to have a FAMILY.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
It became clear very quickly that the treatment plan was cookie cutter. When that didn’t work for me, he played the blame game and said I wasn’t working hard enough. He body shamed me frequently, and even suggested I should have bariatric surgery (which further delays fertility treatment). We attempted one cycle after standing our ground with him. I never communicated with him once during the portion of the cycle we attempted, and we were unable to complete the cycle as planned. Then we were hit with a bill for ultrasounds that previously had been FREE—suddenly 2 ultrasounds cost 1k! We left knowing that Silva and Shady Grove are not in this to help others—it’s all about numbers and money.
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay and their degree of success.
We used Prover to induce a cycle. He made me take a disease of Letrozole that I had previously tried and didn’t have success with even after I said I didn’t want to. He had me taking 1450mg daily of Metformin also.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Poor nurses try, but they’re just telling what the dr told them to say. It’s like reading from a script.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
$1,000 for 2 ultrasounds during a cancelled cycle. Genetic testing was $250, HSG, was $300…. Never cheap.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
We were unheard when we presented concerns and had the finger pointed at me when the treatment plan was unsuccessdul
Celso Silva