Acupuncture is not offered

2590 Healing Way
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
813-616-1442

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Silva is confident and a leader. He has great degrees and experience behind his work. His demeanor is very well suited to couples who are uncertain and feeling a little lost. He explains figures and statistics and you walk away feeling like you are in very capable hands...He showed good effort to make me feel welcome...If you feel like you need a little more TLC, don't be afraid to ask for it. He will meet you where you need to be.
The administrative side of things [at SGF Tampa Bay] seems very understaffed and overworked. I am highly organized and can advocate for myself when problems occur, so I choose to stay with this clinic because of their vast data and otherwise wonderful doctors and staff...patient, compassionate, and I truly felt like she [nurse] was vested in the outcome of our fertility journey--like one of my close friends.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Dr. Silva is great at what he does. If you feel like you need a little more TLC, don't be afraid to ask for it. He will meet you where you need to be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
As a married person wanting to freeze eggs for a post-divorce embryo transfer, I initially felt very sensitive about being welcome. It's a touchy subject and Dr. Silva did his best to communicate limitations (medical, legal). He showed good effort to make me feel welcome.
Describe the protocols Celso Silva used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay and their degree of success.
Dr. Silva asked me to repeat standard bloodwork to be sure of my levels of Estrogen and other hormones that are impacted due to my underlying condition. He reminded me along the way that moving forward with the best information possible would give the best outcome possible--even though I was concerned that it would delay my retrieval. Because of this, we know a lot more about what level of aggressiveness we will use in my egg retrieval to help my Low AMH and high Estrogen allow my 12 eggs to mature as viably as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was a goddess during the time of miscommunications, missing paperwork, and high nerves on our part. She was patient, compassionate, and I truly felt like she was vested in the outcome of our fertility journey--like one of my close friends.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
Shady Grove has some of the best data in the business because of their large size and long history. Like many places during the pandemic, sometimes the administrative team is overwhelmed by the volume of patients and the being understaffed. If you feel comfortable staying on top of your own plan, you are in really good shape to benefit from their large scale data and know-how.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
$250 intake appointment (virtual) $200 bloodwork (twice) $75 follow up visit fee (virtual) $ ultrasounds (TBD!)
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
The administrative side of things seems very understaffed and overworked. I am highly organized and can advocate for myself when problems occur, so I choose to stay with this clinic because of their vast data and otherwise wonderful doctors and staff. I think of these errors as a part of the pandemic, rather than incompetence.
Celso Silva
Tampa Westshore

Dr Silva is candid and thorough. I appreciated his honesty and his go get attitude. He didn’t pull any punches but tried to be caring in his delivery. Even if the news wasn’t great, he worked to make sure you understood and he let you know we could work through this...I had some uterine scarring removed, confirmation of left tubal blockage and a benign uterine polyp removed. Diagnostic labs revealed no other abnormalities.
The [SGF] facility itself is brand new and very clean. I always enjoyed going there and felt safe and cared for. No real weakness. The staff was always friendly and professional and I didn’t have to wait long for any of my appts...The nursing staff was amazing. They made my feel comfortable and even shared their own personal experiences with fertility and that meant so much.
How was your experience with Celso Silva at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Dr Silva will be honest about you chances of success so be ready if the news isn’t what you may want. He will answer all of your questions so be ready with them when you see him.
I was always welcomed by the staff and by Dr Silva. My time was also appreciated. Dr Silva took my appt over the previous appt because I showed up on time. So I wasn’t bumped back waiting.
I was seen by SGF for a more thorough work up of testing for Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and subsequent HSG and Hysteroscopy. I had some uterine scarring removed, confirmation of left tubal blockage and a benign uterine polyp removed. Diagnostic labs revealed no other abnormalities.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
The facility itself is brand new and very clean. I always enjoyed going there and felt safe and cared for. No real weakness. The staff was always friendly and professional and I didn’t have to wait long for any of my appts
The cost for SGF was one of the determining factors for my not proceeding with an IVF cycle with them. I knew I could go with a less expensive clinic so although the care, facility and staff are awesome, the cost was significantly greater for someone like me paying out of pocket.
Describe Celso Silva's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
I know Dr Dilva preferred single embryo transfer but would be open to multiple after some long conversations.
Celso Silva

2020, Consult
There was some confusion as I thought the [Shady Grove Fertility] financial consultant who was out on the day of my appointment would be calling me but instead she sent all information through the patient portal. This was a miscommunication on how the process would happen and not bad but did delay in me getting the financial information initially. I do like their options for retrieval guarantees if you qualify and overall found the facility and the people in it very good
How was your experience with Shayne Plosker at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
My only experience so far with Dr Plosker was a consultation but I liked him. He took the time to discuss my options for fertility preservation. He explained the process and took time to answer any questions I had. The one thing I did notice is that the consultation was approached with an assumption I had not made a final decision on pursuing the treatment and that I had not done thorough research so some information was repetitive to what I had already learned through my own research. This did not upset me but I do feel the consultation would have been a little better if where I was in the decision and research process had been discussed before or at the beginning of the consultation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shayne Plosker at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Early in the consultation discuss where you are in the process/decision to pursue fertility treatment and a general idea of your knowledge of the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shayne Plosker at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay?
Dr Plosker took the time to listen to my concerns and to discuss the various outcomes both short term and long term in the decision to pursue fertility preservation.
Describe the protocols Shayne Plosker used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay and their degree of success.
Initial consultation so the discussion or treatment was primarily limited to options and discussions of the initial testing.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
The clinic in my experience was good. The worker at the front desk was extremely helpful and the case worker I met with after the doctor was very helpful. There was some confusion as I thought the financial consultant who was out on the day of my appointment would be calling me but instead she sent all information through the patient portal. This was a miscommunication on how the process would happen and not bad but did delay in me getting the financial information initially. I do like their options for retrieval guarantees if you qualify and overall found the facility and the people in it very good. I do plan to do a consultation with at least one other facility as I do not want to hastily decide on who to use for such an important process without first considering multiple options but this would be the case no matter what clinic I first visited. I believe I am likely to decide to pursue the fertility preservation process with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shayne Plosker at Shady Grove Fertility Tampa Bay.
The only cost at this point was for the initial consultation visit.
Shayne Plosker