6.9

Woodbridge
13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770

I want the IUI procedure to be done by Dr.Browne.. she takes interest in doing the right way! My first 2 IUI’s were performed by a nurse in Fairfax hospital as my dates were on a weekend. The nurse did not care as much as Dr. Browne did. Dr. Browne was very specific to get it right. I could literally see the compassion between a nurse practitioner and Dr. Browne. I feel all my pain has gone waste for my 1st 2 IUI’s.
Nurse practitioner [at Shady Grove] is not doing a good job. I prefer IUI procedure to be done by Dr and not a nurse. I could see the difference how Dr performed the IUI. Nurse practitioner doesn’t do it well. I go through so much pain and at the end.. IUI is performed by Nurse. Dr. Was so keen on doing it right, my Dr. took time until she felt she’s doing it right. Nurse practitioner was just doing it for the sake of her job.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
I want IUI procedure to be performed by Dr.Browne. She’s very particular and makes sure she’s doing it right. I couldn’t see the same thing in the nurse practitioner. The nurse did iui in &lt;5 mins.. Dr. Browne was so specific while doing the procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
She’s good
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I don’t remember but she wasn’t any good)
Marci
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Nurse practitioner is not doing a good job. I prefer IUI procedure to be done by Dr and not a nurse. I could see the difference how Dr performed the IUI. Nurse practitioner doesn’t do it well. I go through so much pain and at the end.. IUI is performed by Nurse. Dr. Was so keen on doing it right, my Dr. took time until she felt she’s doing it right. Nurse practitioner was just doing it for the sake of her job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility.
1200$
Fair Oaks

Dr. Katz has an awkward bedside manner, joking around inappropriately and just saying uncomfortable things sometimes. We would sometimes have a list of questions and he would just tell us to ask the nurses. At our very first visit he asked why we were even trying to use my eggs (I was age 38 at the time). We felt like he never really wanted to give us a chance with them and wasn't invested in the outcome.... When I asked about trying HGH and maybe testing for some other things, Dr Katz got offended and refused.
I could never get through to schedule monitoring appointments, so I started just showing up the mornings I was supposed to go and being prepared to wait....Once I waited 2.5 hours....we didn't have a lot of trust in the clinic [Shady Grove - Towson]. I'd say you need to be a strong advocate for yourself if you're going to go there....Elayne is also kind of blunt, not very warm. I felt like she was overworked. She'd respond by email but sometimes it would take a couple days.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
I honestly wouldn't go to him unless you're just starting out with fertility treatments and are willing to try a bit without much on the line. If you've already been trying for some time, I'd go to somebody more compassionate and invested.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
It felt like SG has one protocol that you get and they will not veer off from it regardless of your specific health history. They were going to continue me with the same protocol just higher dosages even though my eggs grew at different rates. When I asked about trying HGH and maybe testing for some other things, Dr Katz got offended and refused.
Describe the protocols Eugene Katz (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
BCP for 3 weeks, Gonal F 200mg, Menopur 75-100 mg, Cetrotide at the end, IM trigger shot in the butt. Had 3 fertilized eggs at day 3, only 2 at day 5. We waited til day but neither was a blastocyst so they were discarded and there was no transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elayne Kochis)
Elayne is also kind of blunt, not very warm. I felt like she was overworked. She'd respond by email but sometimes it would take a couple days. If she was off, I had no idea how to get through to somebody. Overall the clinic seemed disorganized. There were 2 nurses who take blood that I really liked and looked forward to seeing.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We thought SG had a good reputation and thought we'd be in good hands. Very quickly on, we realized it wasn't true for us and we didn't have a lot of trust in the clinic. I'd say you need to be a strong advocate for yourself if you're going to go there.
Once I waited 2.5 hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
Insurance covered most
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I could never get through to schedule monitoring appointments, so I started just showing up the mornings I was supposed to go and being prepared to wait. They were in charge of monitoring for my new clinic and were supposed to send daily results to the new clinic. Once they sent them 3 days late despite multiple calls and emails form the clinic, meaning my doctor had no idea what to base the treatment plan on for those days.
Towson

Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail....Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her...I did three unmedicated IUI...I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.)
The clinic [Shady Grove] did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui...Definitely a factory...easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail. Most of my interaction were with other staff at shady grove, which were not always as positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Try to get more time and check in more with Dr. Reh herself— she seemed like she knew what she was doing, but it got lost in translation being relayed through multiple layers of staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her. That wasn’t always (or even mostly) the case with the nurses and support staff at shady grove, however— overall, I felt very much like a number.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I did three unmedicated IUI which resulted in negatives. (One of these was monitored, with a trigger and prometrium after iui, but I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.) the next planned steps were/are a medicated iui and then she suggested an IVF cycle with PGD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was widely variable— some were fabulous, some seemed contemptuous. I definitely had the sense that they might be more engaged and on top of things if I were doing more expensive/involved treatment, but my IUI attempts weren’t at that level.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Definitely a factory and primarily about their profits. That said, some things do go more smoothly because of their corporate feel— easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files, including names (not in a gossip way, in a work-related manner, but more info than the waiting room should have heard.) This actually led to my being aware of a prominent person’s pregnancy a couple months before it was announced in the newspaper— presumably someone who definitely wanted her privacy on the matter!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
With 50% coverage on my insurance, the cost for appointments was $105-$135. (However, when the insurance snafu happened, I became aware that the self-pay option was actually about 5-6 times that amount.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui— just do what ever you want about these medications...” and late notification about test results.
Arlington

I only saw Dr. Katz twice and both times rank as the worst heath care experience, I have ever had...I told him to leave and said, that I didn't want to see him because of his lack of professionalism. He wouldn't leave. He kept weirdly asking me to forgive him. When I said no he proceeded to tell me that forgiving him would "make me feel better." I basically had to yell at him to get him to leave.
For the most part, the nursing staff [Shady Grove] is nice and compassionate - so there's that. Their appointments are timely-so that's good - and they have a nice office (if that's important to you)...I rescheduled the HSG and then requested the clinic never schedule me with him again. I was "accidentally" scheduled with him 3 more times...The nursing staff at Shady Grove, are for the most part excellent. I did have one nurse that provided conflicting information with my doctor
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Please see my above comment about his bizarrely unprofessional behavior. He was awful. He made unprofessional "jokes" about punishing me, and wouldn't leave a room so I could get dressed.
Don't go to him.
I only saw Dr. Katz twice and both times rank as the worst heath care experience, I have ever had. I was scheduled with an HSG with him. I had never met before. He walked in the room, said "Are you ready for your punishment?" I was so shocked I said nothing. He continued to joke for another minute and then walked out. I had to ask the nurse who he was and I was so upset, I rescheduled the HSG and then requested the clinic never schedule me with him again. I was "accidentally" scheduled with him 3 more times. I left twice and the third time, he just walked in the room and started talking to me even though another provider was there and my exam was complete. I told him to leave and said, that I didn't want to see him because of his lack of professionalism. He wouldn't leave. He kept weirdly asking me to forgive him. When I said no he proceeded to tell me that forgiving him would "make me feel better." I basically had to yell at him to get him to leave. The whole time I was sitting on the exam table half naked with only the little paper sheet they give you. It was awful.
I was scheduled with him by the clinic. I was completing a medicated IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff at Shady Grove, are for the most part excellent. I did have one nurse that provided conflicting information with my doctor, but she has sense left.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is a big box store of fertility. It is a chain so don't expect to get personalized treatment. You pretty much never know which doctor you are going to get when you go in for monitoring, which if you want continuity of care is not great. For the most part, the nursing staff is nice and compassionate - so there's that. Their appointments are timely-so that's good - and they have a nice office (if that's important to you).
Towson

Dr. Osheroff did not really do any of my procedures or monitoring. We only saw him when it came to an office visit and he did do my last IUI...I wish it was a little more personal and heartfelt, but Dr. Osheroff is very intelligent when explaining different things...Dr. suggested we transfer one or two embryos, but no more because a risk for multiple pregnancies. ...Dr. explains very by the book on how the treatment should work 'statistically'.
I have been to 3 different branches of the shady grove and all the woman we have come in contact with were very sweet and happy to help us. From the faces at the front- to taking blood- even the doctors monitoring the follicles! The only weakness I've noticed is how hard it is to get a phone call in to them...Kim has been very helpful. She has given all the information on what is to come and what to expect after.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff did not really do any of my procedures or monitoring. We only saw him when it came to an office visit and he did do my last IUI. Part of me believes he did the third IUI to basically say he believed it was done right since they have all failed. It is very discouraging when you get the negatives. I wish it was a little more personal and heartfelt, but Dr. Osheroff is very intelligent when explaining different things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff gives the negative or positive when it comes to results/ next steps. Other than that just depend on your nurse to give you the information you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. explains very by the book on how the treatment should work 'statistically'. " 'Statistically' you should have no reason why you shouldn't get pregnant. " Not very warm or really want to hear when you have had three IUIs that haven't worked.
Describe the protocols Joseph Osheroff used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I have been prescribed clomid because I am an insulin resistant PCOS, I do not ovulate on my own. First approach was 4 months of clomid with intercourse, all unsuccessful. The IUIs were thought to work because my husband has only a 3% morphology, after the wash he has about 7-10 million usable sperm. We tried 3 months clomid with IUI, all unsuccessful. Dr. said we could continue doing a few more IUIs, but doesn't suggest it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim Blackwell)
Kim has been very helpful. She has given all the information on what is to come and what to expect after. Even when we were getting discouraged she had called me and told me what she had gone through and gave us different outlooks on the treatments given.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I have been to 3 different branches of the shady grove and all the woman we have come in contact with were very sweet and happy to help us. From the faces at the front- to taking blood- even the doctors monitoring the follicles! The only weakness I've noticed is how hard it is to get a phone call in to them, but if you saw the line at the 7 am open, you would understand!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance doesn't pay for anything infertility. Had to pay for all testing/ medications (don't remember costs- maybe over $1,000?) IUI was about $2,000 each with medications. ($6,000 total) If we do an IVF it is $15,000 for one procedure and that does not include any storing/ extras.
Describe Joseph Osheroff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. suggested we transfer one or two embryos, but no more because a risk for multiple pregnancies. If we have the option, the more the better-- two would be what we would want for a greater risk to have babies. Growing up you never think to yourself that you would love to have multiples, until you have infertility issues and then you think you can handle anything that is thrown your way!!!!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
One of the IUIs my nurse was out of town and the backup nurse/ who ever was assigned to make her calls forgot to call me about my NEGATIVE pregnancy test. Longest day of our lives!! All my husband and I could think about was maybe this is it?! Maybe we could be pregnant because we didn't get our usual No. But nope!
Joseph Osheroff
Columbia

He’s [Dr. Bromer] very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me...3 cycles of clomid, ovidrel, and preogesterone suppositories. I have PCOS and the clomid was used to stimulate follicle growth and the ovidrel was to ensure I ovulated within a certain timeframe. I’m on the third cycle now, but the first 2 ended up with negative results.
Shady Grove runs like a factory - you check in, get called to the back, and get sent out once everything is finished. as Often as I’ve been there over the past few months, I don’t think any of the nurses recognize me because they constantly have a flow of patients come in and out and conversations are kept to a minimum....Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand what he is saying and that you fully comprehend his treatment plan. That being said, he’s a little odd and I felt slightly uncomfortable the one time he did an ultrasound on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Make sure to ask all of the questions you have- he really does do a good job of explaining everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jody)
For as busy as the nurses are, Jody did an excellent job of responding to my concerns. Sometimes I’d get an email response and sometimes she would call, either way, I felt like I was able to get answers quickly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths- organized and efficient. Shady Grove runs like a well oiled machine and you are in and out of monitoring sessions quickly. Weaknesses- I felt like a number. There was no personalization or feeling that I was remembered from my last appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Timed intercourse was 100% by our insurance. We are discussing moving on to IUI next and that cost is $1800.
Frederick

[Shady Grove] Strengths: multiple locations; beautiful facilities; IVF costs slightly cheaper than some of the other options; large staff; up-to-date equipment and procedures; wellness center (providing nutrition, counseling, and acupuncture); talented doctors, nurses, embryologists, etc; shared risk program. Weaknesses: their size can make them come across as impersonable, the nurses have so many patients that they can get information wrong; before the new facility in Fairfax
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Levens is always very thoughtful in his approach. He explains everything as thoroughly and simply as he can and also takes the time to answer any questions. He keeps up with all of the latest research and gives his honest opinions about IVF treatments. We were slightly disappointed that he was so focused on the medicine side of things and didn't entertain any thoughts we had on a more holistic approach. Though he wasn't involved in all of our procedures, due to scheduling constraints, he was thoughtful enough to call afterwards. However, the calls usually came later in the evening, and if you missed one the only number given was the general office number, which made getting a hold of him frustrating. When our last cycle failed he set aside adequate time so that he could be sure to answer all of our questions and let us grieve. The only fault we found with this session was that he assured us that I had responded well to the updated protocol when we actually retrieved fewer eggs than the first cycle. When I asked what he would do with a third cycle, he responded that he would go back to the initial protocol and push the trigger medication at the end. This made us feel that the protocol didn't actually do what he had hoped, and it almost felt as though he was trying to save face.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do your research and go in with questions. Make sure you find out everything that you need and want to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Our in-person discussions/interactions as well as phone calls with Doctor Levens were always very friendly, informative and in depth; however, our interactions with nurses and office staff often left us feeling frustrated and neglected.
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Antagonist - Vivelle Protocol. No birth control pills due to my Factor V Leiden's (heterozygote) disorder. Priming cycle: Vivelle patch, ganirelix First cycle: Follistim and Menopur; Pregnyl for "Trigger"; Zithromax taken day before retrieval; Progesterone in oil taken pre-transfer. This resulted in 10 retrieved eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 1 embryo. Embryo was biopsied for pre-genetic screening and came back normal. Embryo resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Second cycle: Gonal F, Menopur, and microdose Lupron (to hopefully aid in producing more eggs); Pregnyl for "Trigger"; Zithromax taken day before retrieval; This resulted in 6 retrieved eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 0 embryos. Dr. Levens commented that several of the follicles didn't have viable eggs to retrieve which is why if he did a third cycle he would attempt to push the trigger harder with Pregnyl as well as Microdose Lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Most of the nurses I came in contact with were very capable, helpful, and compassionate, but there were several mishaps that made the process much more stressful than we hoped for. I had two primary nurses during my care. The first nurse was very personable but we had several instances where I had to correct her or ask for more detailed information on protocol. It could also be frustrating getting an answer from her in a timely manner because she was out of the office quite frequently. Eventually she left the company for another position. The second nurse was definitely better at getting back to us and helping us to feel looked after; however, there were still times we still felt like the amount of money we were paying didn't match the service we received. One of the biggest mishaps that we think is important to share was during the embryo development stage of our second cycle. The team had decided to push our embryos to day 7 because they were right on the edge of the blastocyst stage. On day 7 we waited the entire day to hear our results, holding out hope that no answer could be a good thing. By 4:00pm we finally had to call the after hour line because no one had called us. The after hours nurse called back and said that Dr. Levens had wanted to call us personally but that she could give us the results. She then proceeded to tell us that our embryos had stalled in their progression and had been discarded. When I told her we had waited all day by the phone, she replied, "Really?" So after waiting all day we heard the most devastating news we could hear from someone we didn't know and who didn't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation. Dr. Levens called back very quickly after that and apologized profusely; however, we can't help but feel we were misused. We understand that there were good intentions but feel it was a very insensitive thing to put us through.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths: multiple locations; beautiful facilities; IVF costs slightly cheaper than some of the other options; large staff; up-to-date equipment and procedures; wellness center (providing nutrition, counseling, and acupuncture); talented doctors, nurses, embryologists, etc; shared risk program. Weaknesses: their size can make them come across as impersonable, the nurses have so many patients that they can get information wrong; before the new facility in Fairfax, all of my procedures were done by doctors other than mine. We also think it is important to note that at the time of our contract signing, the shared risk was only for those 38 and younger, making me at 39 ineligible to participate. Three weeks after treatment began, they updated the program to include 39-40, but did not make us aware of the upcoming changes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility.
Because I was 39, I was ineligible for their shared-risk program. Our insurance doesn't cover infertility so we paid everything out of pocket. Precycle costs (hysterosalpingogram, sperm testing, genetic testing, blood hormone tests, etc): At least $2,000 2 cycles, unlimited transfers: $18,500 (we only had 1 transfer) $5,000 PGS for up to 6 embryos (we only tested 1 embryo) Sedated transfer: $500 Discounted medications for 2 cycles around $12,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I've already shared several things above; however, here are a few more things that made the process stressful: Wrong information. For example: My nurse left a voicemail telling me to start my birth control pills. I have Factor V Leiden's which makes me more susceptible to blood clots and I should never take birth control. She called later with the correct information but instances like that can make you feel like just another number. The medications coordinator called the pharmacies with the wrong insurance information so I had to call the pharmacies myself and figure out what was/wasn't covered and what the price difference was. She also left some of my prescriptions off the email to the pharmacy. Luckily I was able to spot the error and correct her list. All of this may sound simple, but when all of this is new to you and you're paying someone to do the leg work for you but don't feel like you can trust them, it can be very stressful. I could list more but you get the idea. While there are many positive things I could say about the program, if someone asked me about my experience, I would say, "It could have been less stressful." It's hard to be so vulnerable, financially and emotionally, and feel like that investment isn't appreciated.
Eric Levens
Fairfax

Dr Tanrikut put me on testosterone pills for one month and had me take another blood test to see if my testosterone levels went up and they did. She had me take those same pills for another three months and during those three months, I went in for a Semen Analysis twice in Rockville and once in Annapolis. After those analysis were inconclusive, I had a surgery done called a micro testie.
We had a surgery scheduled and out of the blue it was rescheduled and they [Shady Grove Fertility- Towson] didn't tell us. We called the nurse to find out results from another test and that's when we found out the surgery was rescheduled. At the time of that call, the nurse didn't have the results but said she would have the results by 2pm so we could see if we needed to have the surgery or not. The deadline that day was 4pm to pay for the surgery. 2pm rolled around and we waited and waited, but we didn't have a call. So we called the clinic and no one was able to help us. They said we could transfer you to the nurse and they did that, but the nurse didn't pick up. At 3:50 we decided to go ahead and pay for the surgery and around 5pm we got a call from the nurse with our results. We were very upset and stressed with our experience and didn't even want to talk with the nurse after that.
How was your experience with Cigdem (Cori) Tanrikut at Shady Grove Fertility?
Cigdem Tanrikut broke down the different treatments and what the possible effects could be for each route I took. She was very nice and polite and not pushy at all of my appointments. I would recommend her to my friends if they were going through the same issue I have.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cigdem (Cori) Tanrikut at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't stress about the small things. Just follow the course and hope for the best results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cigdem (Cori) Tanrikut at Shady Grove Fertility?
The Doctor explained to me what was wrong with me and the different ways we could try to resolve the issue or get a better result to do IVF.
Describe the protocols Cigdem (Cori) Tanrikut used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Pattiann)
The nurse was not good at communicating with us on the results of our tests. There was one instance when my surgery was rescheduled for the next Thursday and we did a Semen Analysis on the Friday before and didn't find out till the last minute it didn't have any results. We had t pay for the surgery on that Friday and no one would give us any answers so we just figured there were no results and paid for the surgery out of our pocket.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and well kept. The sectaries are very nice and will call you to remind you about an upcoming appointment. The staff and doctors are friendly to everyone they first meet. Some doctors are pushy and want to tell you what needs to be done without discussing all of your options for. I would talk to every doctor and see how you feel with each one before selecting this clinic to be your clinic. My wife and I read the reviews for other clinics in our area and then we stumbled upon this clinic and after reading the reviews we decided to try this clinic out. After going to this clinic for awhile, my wife and I wish that we chose a different clinic. The reason we didn't leave is because my wife and I felt that we had invested a lot of our time into this clinic and didn't want to have to start over from scratch. I would definitely recommend to everyone to do your research before choosing the right clinic for you and your partner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cigdem (Cori) Tanrikut at Shady Grove Fertility.
I don't remember
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
We had a surgery scheduled and out of the blue it was rescheduled and they didn't tell us. We called the nurse to find out results from another test and that's when we found out the surgery was rescheduled. At the time of that call, the nurse didn't have the results but said she would have the results by 2pm so we could see if we needed to have the surgery or not. The deadline that day was 4pm to pay for the surgery. 2pm rolled around and we waited and waited, but we didn't have a call. So we called the clinic and no one was able to help us. They said we could transfer you to the nurse and they did that, but the nurse didn't pick up. At 3:50 we decided to go ahead and pay for the surgery and around 5pm we got a call from the nurse with our results. We were very upset and stressed with our experience and didn't even want to talk with the nurse after that.
Cigdem (Cori) Tanrikut
Towson

I felt like just a number [at Shady Grove Fertility]...Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up...Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up. She also never reached out after my loss. My egg retrievals and transfers were done with another Dr. I had no communication with Dr Reh except my initial consult and once I graduated (maybe one call in between that time).I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
I felt like just a number with this Dr and clinic. I only had communication with her at my consultation and when I graduated from SGF. All other communication done were through the nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them.
20k
Fredericksburg

Dr. Garde was very sweet and caring I wish she would have performed my procedures and that I actually saw her and not just communicate over the phone. I didn’t feel the personalized experience that I had expected....Dr Garde put me on very high dosages of medication due to quote, my age. I took 450 iu Gonal F, 150 iu Menopur, Cetrotide, and 10000 HCG. I hyper stimulated my first retrieval and was in extreme pain for a month. The next cycle she change my trigger to Lipton and my ovulation was delayed so she switched me back to HCH for my third cycle.
I would go in to the office [Shady Grove] twice a week sometimes three and I never got a warm and fuzzy from the staff. I had to contact a supervisor on one of the nurses because she was being very insensitive. I also had a hard time dealing with the fact that they allowed children to attend appointments.... They were not personal they treated you like a number. I saw a different person every time I went in for an appointment, no consistency....I had a wonderful nurse. She was very thoughtful and provided me information
How was your experience with Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Garde was very sweet and caring I wish she would have performed my procedures and that I actually saw her and not just communicate over the phone. I didn’t feel the personalized experience that I had expected. I would go in to the office twice a week sometimes three and I never got a warm and fuzzy from the staff. I had to contact a supervisor on one of the nurses because she was being very insensitive. I also had a hard time dealing with the fact that they allowed children to attend appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility?
Demand to have one doctor do all of your procedures instead of a different doctor each time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility?
I only spoke with my dr over the phone she did not do any of my retrievals. I also felt that my treatment plan was not customized to my specific needs.
Describe the protocols Rachana Garde used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Williams)
I had a wonderful nurse. She was very thoughtful and provided me information in a timely matter. She was always available to answer any of my questions. She prayed for and with me. She wanted this to happen for me just as much as I did.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They were not personal they treated you like a number. I saw a different person every time I went in for an appointment, no consistency. They allowed children to the appointments which I thought was insensitive to those struggling to conceive. They were very accommodating to scheduling last minute appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility.
12,500 plus HCG and monitoring cost $700
Describe Rachana Garde's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I do not
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
My last cycle was a full IVF with embryo transfer, they had me down for egg freezing. This wasn’t discovered until two days before my retrieval. They were able to correct the situation and I was able to complete the cycle.
Rachana Garde
Woodbridge

There wasn’t much rationale [from Dr. Howard McClamrock]. I was just told what to do. I did 3 IUI cycles. One with clomid, one with femara, one with injectables. I requested using injectables...He is clearly well-read and knowledgeable. He is competent. He is not at all warm or personal/personable. There were several ultrasounds when he said absolutely nothing to me. I didn’t feel he was invested in my success. He made a few comments like “it’s no big deal” or “it doesn’t matter”. Those are hurtful because it matters tremendously to me. He didn’t offer any real insight into why we weren’t successful and he didn’t recommend altering our plan. If he spent 5 minutes explaining what he recommended changing and how it might improve our likelihood of success I would have continued treatments. While he may be knowledgeable, his lack of communication and interpersonal skills (and I don’t expect warm and fuzzy) was what made me leave that clinic.
The initial consult [at Shady Grove Fertility] was about $250. The labs associated with that consult were about $300. Each iui cycle was $1500...Nice facility. Convenient location. Efficient check in/check out. Had to pay $6 for parking at each visit - every lab draw or US! Weekend procedures were performed at a different office, which was annoying. And each iui was performed by a different physician...There wasn’t much rationale. I was just told what to do. I did 3 IUI cycles. One with clomid, one with femara, one with injectables. I requested using injectables.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do your own research first. Don’t expect explanations or reassurance. I think his approach is fine for a couple doing timed intercourse. You don’t need him - just his US results and meds. But for more complex treatments you want someone to explain things to you properly.
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The coordination here at first was absolutely lousy. I was totally misguided by a nurse, resulting in a month delay in treatment. I was made to feel like this was my fault. After that incident it was much better. But that initial bad communication made it a negative experience.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility.
The initial consult was about $250. The labs associated with that consult were about $300. Each iui cycle was $1500. We used my husband’s frozen sperm so that was $500 initially plus approximately $120 per cycle to thaw it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
They were disorganized. Prescriptions were called in late a few times. And I had to remind them to call. Different nurses would call with results and they were unfamiliar with what type of cycle I was on (iui vs TI) or whether or not I was using a trigger or progesterone. They would ask me for that info when I was never informed!
Howard McClamrock
Baltimore

She [Dr. Shruti Malik] was great and very detailed during one on one consultations, however, during treatment cycles she was MIA and we never heard from her directly. When she did call, we often would hear her typing in the background which often felt like she wasn't really paying attention...It doesn't feel like they take a good personal approach, rather, they try to apply the same to all.
The nursing staff [at Shady Grove] was great. They will end up being your primary points of contact. I could contact them on the phone and they would pick up as long as it was during business hours. I also had their e-mail address and they were very prompt to respond...They often provide papers with a list of instructions for medications, treatments, etc. If you look closely the some of the forms are dated years ago. It doesn't feel like they take a good personal approach, rather, they try to apply the same to all. The pros are that there are so many offices in the area, you can always go to one of the other locations if you aren't able to make it into yours for monitoring. There is also 24/7 phone lines and weekend monitoring, you just will likely deal with nurses and doctors you aren't as familiar with.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was great and very detailed during one on one consultations, however, during treatment cycles she was MIA and we never heard from her directly. When she did call, we often would hear her typing in the background which often felt like she wasn't really paying attention.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Advocate for yourself. Just because they recommended something doesn't mean you have to go through with it. Stick with your gut.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was great. They will end up being your primary points of contact. I could contact them on the phone and they would pick up as long as it was during business hours. I also had their e-mail address and they were very prompt to respond.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It feels like they try to fit everyone into the same mold. They often provide papers with a list of instructions for medications, treatments, etc. If you look closely the some of the forms are dated years ago. It doesn't feel like they take a good personal approach, rather, they try to apply the same to all. The pros are that there are so many offices in the area, you can always go to one of the other locations if you aren't able to make it into yours for monitoring. There is also 24/7 phone lines and weekend monitoring, you just will likely deal with nurses and doctors you aren't as familiar with.
Shruti Malik
Fair Oaks

Dr. Browne never called us with results - either good or bad. The call we received to inform us that my beta test numbers were not good and I was miscarrying, was done so by a nurse. Dr. Browne didn’t follow up at all....Beginning with our first visit, we did not feel positive or hopeful after meeting with her. She conveyed a sense of bewilderment as to what our problems might be regarding our infertility. She also treated miscarriages with very little gravity.
Unfortunately after Dr. Greenhouse’s passing, the office [Shady Grove] became chaotic. The administrative team was in disarray. They made multiple mistakes when processing my insurance or updating my personal information in their files.... Laura was very kind and helpful. While she wasn’t the person who delivered all of my results, she was a fairly constant face.... Dr. Browne never called us with results - either good or bad. The call we received to inform us that my beta test numbers were not good and I was miscarrying, was done so by a nurse. Dr. Browne didn’t follow up at all.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Browne was a fill in, as our original physician passed away unexpectedly. Beginning with our first visit, we did not feel positive or hopeful after meeting with her. She conveyed a sense of bewilderment as to what our problems might be regarding our infertility. She also treated miscarriages with very little gravity. She lacked compassion. In addition, after the front desk failed to process my new insurance, she made snide comments during future appointments about how hard her staff worked to fix the error (despite it being their error in the first place).
Be clear about your expectations of communication.
Describe the protocols Paulette Browne used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
She recommended Clomid and IUI. She did not explain why she thought this protocol would work, other than she figured that producing two eggs would improve our chances. If it didn’t work, then she said she would recommend IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Unfortunately after Dr. Greenhouse’s passing, the office became chaotic. The administrative team was in disarray. They made multiple mistakes when processing my insurance or updating my personal information in their files.
We paid $1800 for each IUI cycle, for a total of $3600.
Fair Oaks

Use of clomid to treat annovulation [protocol with Dr. Chason]. Completed two failed IUIs without much change to protocol...I was only seen by Dr. Chason a few times. I saw a different doctor or nurse almost every time I had an appointment...My husband and I have multiple factors effecting our fertility. We should have never been counseled to start with IUI first. It should have been recommended to go straight to IVF. She provided conflicting protocols, at first saying femara would be best because of my PCOS but then having me on clomid. The few appointments we did see her for she was always late and by more than 10-15 minutes.
You’re going to be doing a lot of waiting [at Shady Grove Fertility-Annapolis]...[Nurses are] Cold. No empathy. Not very understanding of all the factors going into this. Not considerate about the amount of time off required for all appointments...I had to constantly be on top of them to get results and get meds ordered and get appointments scheduled. It was exhausting...$2000 for two rounds IUI. Even though monitoring was basically the same every day, I had varying costs in bills due to how the procedures were coded to my insurance.
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
You’re going to be doing a lot of waiting. Make sure you ask about the chance of each procedure being effective for your situation and why she thinks the protocol is the best course of action.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chason used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Use of clomid to treat annovulation. Completed two failed IUIs without much change to protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Lavy)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength: there are many clinics to chose from, and have pretty flexible monitoring appointment slots. Weakness: you’re just a number. You’ll hardly ever see the same doctor twice. They’re not very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe Rebecca Chason's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
NA.
Rebecca Chason
Annapolis

As a patient I felt protected under her care. I felt that she [Dr. Stephanie Beall] had our best interest at heart. She was patient and kind. She made sure every question we had had a response. she was overall great. She made sure we left every appointment with a clear understanding of every step in the process...My protocol included Gonal F, Menepur, Progesterone and a trigger shot
at the Harbor location [of Shady Grove Fertility] while under the care of Dr. McClamrock we experienced discrimination from the receptionist/financial rep. We had appointment errors because the financial rep wasn't comfortable with us being a same sex couple. At the Harbor location our previous Dr., Dr. McClamrock wasn't interpersonal he was rude... She [coordinator] responds to voicemails and emails in a timely matter. If she doesn't know the answer to any concern you have she will find out.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
As a patient I felt protected under her care. I felt that she had our best interest at heart. She was patient and kind. She made sure every question we had had a response. she was overall great. She unfortunately spent a lot of time apologizing for the mistakes that a shady grove fertility location had when it comes to my care. She made sure we left every appointment with a clear understanding of every step in the process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
No advice. She's a great doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
Compared to my previous Dr. with Shady Grove Fertility who did not treat my wife and myself fairly. Dr. Beall was an angel.. In her care we felt like she had our best interest at heart
Describe the protocols Stephanie Beall used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
My protocol included Gonal F, Menepur, Progesterone and a trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina Yingling)
Shes an amazing communicator. She responds to voicemails and emails in a timely matter. If she doesn't know the answer to any concern you have she will find out.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength is the location. Both the Towson and Harbor Locations are within 10 minutes of my home. Weakness: is at the Harbor location while under the care of Dr. McClamrock we experienced discrimination from the receptionist/financial rep. We had appointment errors because the financial rep wasn't comfortable with us being a same sex couple. At the Harbor location our previous Dr., Dr. McClamrock wasn't interpersonal he was rude. He blamed me for my eggs dying in a cycle. If I would refer Shady Grove Fertility to anyone I would say go to the Columbia MD or The Rockville locations
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility.
My cost was covered under my insurance. I paid for donor sperm which was $600 each we purchased 3. I also paid for medication first cycle it was a few thousand 2nd and 3rd cycle it was covered
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
We had an Injection class error. Which led to me injecting myself with the wrong needles or an entire cycle. Discrimination from the receptionist/finaincial rep, Rude Dr. Dr. McClamrock yelled and completely destroyed my faith in the process. it was a very stressful time
Stephanie Beall

2018, Consult
On the first visit in the office with my wife, the doctor [Dr. Yazigi] took one look at me and implied that we would never be able to conceive because of my weight...you would think a doctor with several years in fertility medicine would use more sensitivity, candor, tact and professionalism when dealing with families that are having issues conceiving naturally....
the staff at this facility [Shady Grove Fertility] informed us on the last visit that our insurance would not cover fertility treatments. It seems to me that health insurance should of been the first thing that was checked but it was not...Nurses were ok definitely not as rude as the doctor...It was disheartening to go through all the testing, lose weight, and pay multiple co pays and out of pocket expenses... to then be treated like a number...
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
On the first visit in the office with my wife, the doctor took one look at me and implied that we would never be able to conceive because of my weight. As if this was enough of a slap to the face the staff at this facility informed us on the last visit that our insurance would not cover fertility treatments. It seems to me that health insurance should of been the first thing that was checked but it was not. Ultimately you would think a doctor with several years in fertility medicine would use more sensitivity, candor, tact and professionalism when dealing with families that are having issues conceiving naturally.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Find another clinic if you don't feel comfortable in your first interaction.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Never made it past testing and consulting phase.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Nurses were ok definitely not as rude as the doctor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
No strengths in my humble opinion. Several weaknesses but primarily not personable at all. It was disheartening to go through all the testing, lose weight, and pay multiple co pays and out of pocket expenses... to then be treated like a number.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I was scheduled for a procedure, then was called the same day and told the machine was down and I would either have to reschedule the following month to wait for my cycle again or drive an hour away to another facility. I get to there other facility and they had no idea I was coming. They have to squeeze me in.
Ricardo Yazigi (retired)
Bel Air

2012 - 2017, Successful
There is a bit of a disconnect between her [Dr. O'Brien] and her nurses...Dr. O'Brien told us up front that given all of our conditions it would be like finding a needle in a haystacks, but she was very persistent and after 4 years we finally got pregnant. She went out of her way to ensure she was available to do our retrievals and transfers...Our main objective was to produce as many eggs as possible since we were dealing with male infertility issues. She ensured the top embryologist was available during the retrieval for the ICSI afterwards. Additionally she was very receptive to our ideas re: protocol.
they [Shady Grove] accidentally thawed my husband's sperm without telling us but continued to charge us the storage fee. This was huge and they didn't see it as a big deal. When male infertility is the diagnosis and we felt the sperm at the time was good enough to freeze-its a big deal!...My biggest criticism with the clinic is their financial department. They are so money grubbing its disgusting. I have a $5K balance after one cycle because of course they collect all the money up front without factoring in all of the insurance available. They never told me about this balance they owed me. I noticed it after one follow up visit and asked why they hadn't refunded me. They explained they assumed I would just use it towards my next cycle. First off, I didn't have another cycle planned at the time And secondly, they didn't connect the dots and realize that my insurance covered most all of the treatment so I would never owe them $5K for a cycle...Since then I have burned through all of my insurance benefits, but this was not the case at the time. Also they didn't explain when I would owe the money so I checked out at an appt early on in my first cycle and the Finance person told me I owed thousands of dollars It caught me completely off guard.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
There is a bit of a disconnect between her and her nurses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. O'Brien was very engaging Calling us directly to explain results. Emailing us to discuss options. She was receptive to our ideas.
Describe the protocols Jeanne O'Brien used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Debbie Rice)
We're actually in the middle of a transition. I loved our nurse Debbie Rice and even though she no longer supported Dr. O'Brien she was still assigned to us so we could work with the same nurse throughout so she would work with Dr. O'Brien even though she worked for another doctor. For this upcoming cycle we have to work with a new nurse for the first time as Debbie is out on medical leave. We have already been disappointed. Debbie was so accommodating to our schedules and requests whereas our new nurse (Jessica Buggs) hasn't made any effort at all. It is so disappointing I hope it doesn't negatively affect our final cycle
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My biggest criticism with the clinic is their financial department. They are so money grubbing its disgusting. I have a $5K balance after one cycle because of course they collect all the money up front without factoring in all of the insurance available. They never told me about this balance they owed me. I noticed it after one follow up visit and asked why they hadn't refunded me. They explained they assumed I would just use it towards my next cycle. First off, I didn't have another cycle planned at the time And secondly, they didn't connect the dots and realize that my insurance covered most all of the treatment so I would never owe them $5K for a cycle...Since then I have burned through all of my insurance benefits, but this was not the case at the time. Also they didn't explain when I would owe the money so I checked out at an appt early on in my first cycle and the Finance person told me I owed thousands of dollars It caught me completely off guard. They have since included some language around when money is due. Additionally, they accidentally thawed my husband's sperm without telling us but continued to charge us the storage fee. This was huge and they didn't see it as a big deal. When male infertility is the diagnosis and we felt the sperm at the time was good enough to freeze-its a big deal!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility.
I had great coverage for the first 3 rounds and then we started carrying two insurances but I believe it was around $8K per round as my husband had to have procedures as well And we had to have genetic testing as we are both CF carriers.
Describe Jeanne O'Brien's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Since I did not have poor egg quality, Dr. O'Brien didn't feel multiple embryo transfer was a necessary route to go. Additionally we just didn't have multiple embryos to transfer at any given time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
As I mentioned earlier, they erroneously thawed my husband's sperm. Additionally, they sent my prescriptions to a realtor in Michigan instead of to my pharmacy. For this, they didn't treat it as a huge issue even though I am pretty confident there are OSHA violations related to this. When my nurse was out of office, the nurse assigned to call with my dosing for that evening failed to call.
Jeanne O'Brien
Rockville

Dr. Nair always made herself available to my questions and concerns. She battled me on issues she felt would optimize my chances at conception but often deferred to my decisions about my own health...The only pharmaceutical intervention I allowed was Levothyroxine to lower my thyroid levels. I am otherwise in very good health. I am not sure the intervention was necessary but I was persuaded to try. The doctors group would not allow my IUI attempt without that intervention although my thyroid levels were normal for a woman not attempting to conceive.
Shady Grove has good equipment and many locations... one front staff member is regularly rude to patients, expressing how clearly she did not want to be there or she did not want you there. That said, the blood draw staff, run by an excellent head nurse, were professional while also friendly. The nursing staff who performed my sedated HCG were disengaged with me as a human being. They tried to rush me out of the center, and I was not yet then able to stand without help.
How was your experience with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Nair is knowledgeable, thoughtful, and takes time to listen to your thoughts. She understands the patient has authority over her own body. She was not as well located as I wished. Often I needed to visit the office where she wasn't practicing, but she just can't be at every location.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Explain your concerns. She will listen and try to work with you. She donor have the highest knowledge of holistic alternatives, but she won't shun that conversation. Most important, trust that wants you have a successful conception. Know yourself, educate yourself, and talk to her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Anitha Nair used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan was the third nurse assigned me. The first quit the group abruptly. The second was rude and pushy and exhibited bullying behavior. I immediately requested a change from the nursing supervisor and Dr. Nair. I was then assigned Morgan. She was far more even keeled and respectful and more than willing to assist.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove has good equipment and many locations but there are some staffing challenges that likely relate it's set up as a baby making factory rather than a caring physician's office. In the Shady Grove location, one front staff member is regularly rude to patients, expressing how clearly she did not want to be there or she did not want you there. That said, the blood draw staff, run by an excellent head nurse, were professional while also friendly. The nursing staff who performed my sedated HCG were disengaged with me as a human being. They tried to rush me out of the center, and I was not yet then able to stand without help. Again, the facility is run like a baby-making machine and with machines this large, a few bad pieces will likely get in. I did officially complain about the staff's conduct for the HCG procedure. I was not told what resulting follow up there was but I hope some retraining was done.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility.
I paid approximately $150 for all services including my sedated HCG. Please note I have one of the best insurance plans out there.
Describe Anitha Nair's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
This critique relates to the second nurse assigned me who demanded I start taking a prescription before I would be seen by my doctor. Obviously that was not true. When I demanded a conversation with Dr. Nair she concurred that I could proceed and obviously had access to her as my assigned fertility doctor. I requested a new nurse and was reassigned.
Anitha Nair
Washington DC

I often got the feeling that my case was too complicated [with Dr. Eric Wildra]. I was made to feel like I was a set of illnesses, rather than a patient that was trying to conceive. It was very unclear after the first visit what I was supposed to do, as clear instructions weren't really given. I felt like just another number, and I really didn't feel confident in the care I was receiving. I didn't try switching doctors, it felt like that would achieve similar results. Instead I switched clinics.
Due to a high patient volume [at Shady Grove Fertility], it felt like many people were given the same protocol and there wasn't much outside of the box thinking for a tougher case. Bedside manner was very matter of fact, and advice was very standard. It felt like if your numbers weren't as high as some other clients you would be automatically directed to donor eggs. I very much felt like just another number here, and not like a person.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
I often got the feeling that my case was too complicated. I was made to feel like I was a set of illnesses, rather than a patient that was trying to conceive. It was very unclear after the first visit what I was supposed to do, as clear instructions weren't really given. I felt like just another number, and I really didn't feel confident in the care I was receiving. I didn't try switching doctors, it felt like that would achieve similar results. Instead I switched clinics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Go in educated on your possible options, things are explained very quickly so you'll want to try to familiarize yourself with some terms if possible. Also bring a notebook and pen so you can take good notes. If you're using this practice expect it to feel like a cattle call, and don't expect much personalized attention. Be your own best advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Due to a high patient volume, it felt like many people were given the same protocol and there wasn't much outside of the box thinking for a tougher case. Bedside manner was very matter of fact, and advice was very standard. It felt like if your numbers weren't as high as some other clients you would be automatically directed to donor eggs. I very much felt like just another number here, and not like a person.
Describe the protocols Eric Widra used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I did not get to the point of a cycle as it was uncertain what option the doctor felt was best to use. I could have proceed with donor eggs, or waited to see if they could figure out my case. If I proceeded with my own eggs an antagonist protocol was mentioned, with BCP to start. It was a frustrating experience as we hadn't even done my day 3 labs yet, and already I felt very dismissed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
I felt like my nurse provided good communicator and she was the one good aspect of my visit/experience with Shady Grove. I would highly recommended her as she was clear in her communication and was very kind and available for questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The refund plan they offer is a great deal if you happen to qualify and I can get why so many patients flock to this location. Financial department is a mess to deal with, they always seemed to give different numbers, and on one occasion I had a phone call scheduled with them and they never called me and didn't really offer an explanation/apology. It became very frustrating to deal with them. They from time to time didn't provide me with an accurate representation of what my insurance would cover as I later found out through working with a different clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility.
Initial visit and initial testing were covered though i never made it to the initial testing. I want to say my husband's SA was around 300$. The shared risk cycle would have been 22,500 plus medication and a banking cycle was an additional 7500$ or so plus medication cost. Though to be honest how the financial counselor laid out the expenses was very confusing and she kept giving me different numbers.
Describe Eric Widra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
eSET was preferred in general, but if you were using a surrogate a double embryo transfer was okay but unadvertised.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I don't want to get too into specifics, but in my situation there really was a lot of back and forth and waiting time in creating a specific plan for me. It was very hard to get a clear strategy from my doctors and from the team as they weren't sure if certain things were possible. I was a patient there for about 7 months and never made it to a treatment cycle.
Eric Widra
Washington DC

He [Dr. Naveed Khan] was pleasant but sterile. I felt as though he was succinct and not as compassionate as I would have liked, but he seemed knowledgeable. When we were talking about IVF he wanted to put me on a very high dose protocol, 600 of follistim to start, and 3 weeks of birth control prior. When I asked about lower doses I was told “let’s see how this goes and then we’ll adjust.” When you’re out of pocket, a full course with 600iu follistim is prohibitively expensive, so I would have liked it if he worked with me on dosing.
Shady Grove is a big clinic and they therefore have a set assembly line type of feel. Everyone was perfectly pleasant but I definitely knew I was “one of the herd.” Also when I left I was preparing for an IVF cycle. My financial counselor changed and no one told me until I emailed my counselor and she said so and so is now the Leesburg counselor...Tracey was really upbeat & seemed competent. Kelly who I had to interact with from time to time was harder to get a response from. I felt like I had to call and email to get responses at times from anyone, except Taylor who was very responsive but again unfortunately was only my nurse for a short time.
How was your experience with Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was pleasant but sterile. I felt as though he was succinct and not as compassionate as I would have liked, but he seemed knowledgeable. When we were talking about IVF he wanted to put me on a very high dose protocol, 600 of follistim to start, and 3 weeks of birth control prior. When I asked about lower doses I was told “let’s see how this goes and then we’ll adjust.” When you’re out of pocket, a full course with 600iu follistim is prohibitively expensive, so I would have liked it if he worked with me on dosing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be prepared with your own questions. When I went for an IVF consult he said “so what are your questions” at the top of the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Naveed Khan used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
IUI - clomid 100mg with ovidrel trigger, estrogen for lining, progesterone suppositories. Second IUI - femara ?5mg, ovidrel trigger, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tracey, Kelly)
At first I had Taylor, who I liked a lot, and then it switched to Tracey but I didn’t get to meet her so I met Kelley instead which was thoroughly confusing. Tracey was really upbeat & seemed competent. Kelly who I had to interact with from time to time was harder to get a response from. I felt like I had to call and email to get responses at times from anyone, except Taylor who was very responsive but again unfortunately was only my nurse for a short time.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This is a satellite clinic so they do not do anything on the weekends, or any egg retrievals or transfers. I did monitoring here and due to one IUI being on the weekend and the other with Dr Khan out of town I ended up having to drive to Rockville twice. What I loved: no kids allowed. I did have to wait sometimes for monitoring. Monitoring was like one after another bc there are so many patients. The phlebotomist was very sweet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove really is prohibitively expensive for out of pocket patients. IUI was $1800 global fee. Timed intercourse cycles were the SAME price bc “they don’t recommend doing it without monitoring,” ie my obgyn wouldn’t prescribe clomid or femara without monitoring but neither would my RE. IVF was $10,500 for a fresh cycle. Frozen transfers are $4500 a piece or something, pgs is $3500 or $3600, not sure about ICSI.
Describe Naveed Khan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He preferred one but said it was up to me and that if they recommended 2 it meant things weren’t looking very good.
Naveed Khan
Leesburg

He is tactful and some what caring, however, we only saw him 2 times during our cycle. Needless to say, our time with Dr. Bromer was very limited. He didn't perform any of the sonograms, retrievals or transfers. We were always told how many eggs were retrieved but, "egg quality" was never discussed with us.... I was on the Vivelle Patch 0.1mg on day 10 after LH surge. I started Cetrotide(for 3 days) on day 2 of the patch. I started Gonal F 450 IU and Menopur 150 IU about 4 days after my last dose of Cetrotide. I was on those until my follicles we're ready and I restarted Cetrotide once a day.
There seems to be poor continuity of care [at Shady Grove-Hagerstown]. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.... Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
As questions and make sure you receive a clear answer. Don't expect to see him often and be prepared to deal with multiple (non-informed) healthcare workers during cycle.
There seems to be poor continuity of care. You have someone different most times during monitoring and each person counts a different amount of follicles. Each person tells you something different. They seem to want to do the same thing for everyone...the same protocol. Care should be individualized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jeannette Zuvich & Mindi Cottrell)
The nurses were always nice and tried to answer questions to the best of their knowledge.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Small office which is great, however, on the weekends you have to go to a different office and people who know nothing about your care, is there to attempt to take care of you. During office visits you see multiple healthcare workers. It would be much better if there was some consistency.
Monitoring was horrible because of dealing with different staff and not having the same person. Monitoring is done first thing in the morning. You have to schedule it during the allotted time.
Multi- Cycle (2 Fresh) 21000
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. Bromer did not want to transfer more than 2 embryos even though we thought we should transfer 3.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Because there was no continuity of care and we were dealing with a different workers at each appointment, we were given conflicting information a lot of the time.
Hagerstown

Dr. Doyle was very caring, however the practice was so large that I often felt like a number when interacting with everyone else there, which was more often than not... knowledgeable. I wish I’d seen him for every appointment...Definitely do not hesitate to work with him if you’ve already decided to go with Shady Grove Fertility...The first HSG that they did, they pushed the dye too hard and my right tube spasmed shut, making it look like a blockage. As a result we canceled two cycles because they thought I was ovulating on the side with a blockage. Even though there wasn’t one. They still made me pay the full amount for both cycles.
The first HSG that they did [at Shady Grove], they pushed the dye too hard and my right tube spasmed shut, making it look like a blockage. As a result we canceled two cycles because they thought I was ovulating on the side with a blockage. Even though there wasn’t one. They still made me pay the full amount for both cycles...$1,800 per IUI...they can make you feel like a number given the size of the operation. They also often forgot about my tubal blockage diagnosis, and told me to go ahead with cycles that should’ve been canceled because I was ovulating on the wrong side. I was also very frustrated that The team who performed my first HSG pushed the die so hard that it caused one of my tubes to spasm shots, mimicking a tube of blockage when they’re actually wasn’t one.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Doyle was wonderful! He was very caring and knowledgeable. I wish I’d seen him for every appointment. I actually know several women with “Docor Doyle babies!” Definitely do not hesitate to work with him if you’ve already decided to go with Shady Grove Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The final nurse I worked with, Effie, Was really amazing. She was very compassionate and organized. The reason for the low readings in this area, though, or that I worked with about eight different nurses in the course of my treatment with Dr. Doyle. Some were very good at their jobs, others were not, but there was always a lot of turnover and often they were issues with the handoffs.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They have a lot of resources, great office hours, and a large staff so that you don’t run into issues with appointment availability or service. However, they can make you feel like a number given the size of the operation. They also often forgot about my tubal blockage diagnosis, and told me to go ahead with cycles that should’ve been canceled because I was ovulating on the wrong side. I was also very frustrated that The team who performed my first HSG pushed the die so hard that it caused one of my tubes to spasm shots, mimicking a tube of blockage when they’re actually wasn’t one. I wish the clinic had offered a refund for the two cycles that should not have been canceled as a result of their error.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.
$1,800 per IUI.
Rockville
We did not directly speak with Dr. Devine for about 2 months when starting the IUI process. We were assigned a nurse coordinator who would handle our questions and act as a liaison. I would come in frequently for monitoring and be seen by different technicians and nurses each time. There were many women lined up outside the clinic each morning waiting to be cycled through for blood work and ultrasounds. There were times when I just wanted to speak with the doctor directly because I didn't feel the nurse our technicians really knew me individually. I will say though that by the third cycle of IUI, Dr. Devine did a better job of calling me directly to discuss the results and options.
We just had a lot of times that we weren't sure what we were supposed to do next. And the decision was left to us and we didn't know what the best decision was and there was no one to talk it through on the weekend...We originally had a nurse coordinator [at Shady Grove], Allison, who responded to emails but never checked in on me after procedure or test results on her own. She eventually moved to another clinic and was no longer our coordinator, but she never emailed to tell us so much. We found out from Dr. Devine after the fact. Our new nurse was the same way in that she never reached out to check on me on her own. During our third cycle, it was over a weekend, and I didn't know what to do as far as refill the FSH medication again or not. It is expensive and I didn't want to do it if not necessary but I would absolutely do it if it would help. I was told, I could do it if I wanted to. There was no one to talk to since it was the weekend and it was so incredible stressful. I spoke with one nurse who was on call and she was very comforting but didn't have a great answer for me either. The whole day was filled with waiting for a phone call about the results of my monitoring that morning and stressing over whether or not to refill the prescriptions before the pharmacy closed. I emailed both Allison and Jennifer hoping for some guidance. I understand that they do not work on the weekend and so that's why I didn't hear back, but I also never heard from anyone on Monday or ever after that just to check in and see how it all turned out. Or just to say I'm sorry that was so stressful and we'll be in touch with next steps.
How was your experience with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
I do feel that Dr. Devine is a good person. I just felt like there were maybe so many patients that I couldn't get the individualized care that I was hoping for. I had to be my own advocate. The first round of IUI was a fire drill. I came in for day 12 monitoring as scheduled and we realized we needed to quick give myself the trigger shot and come back for IUI the next morning. For the second cycle, I was asked to come in on day 12 again. I requested to come in on day 9 since it seemed I ovulate sooner than most people. They said okay and on day 9 I was ready for my trigger shot and were able to follow the typical schedule better by having a day between the trigger and the IUI. In addition, I also felt I had to be the one to ask questions about "is this the right medication for me?" The first round I took Clomid which produced multiple follicles, but thinned my lining. The second round the nurse did not mention anything would be different and I had to say that I did not want to do the exact same thing as it did not work well the first time. Dr. Devine may have already been thinking she would change the medicine too but this was not communicated to me and I had to make that request. The third round of IUI, I had to request again to come in even earlier. The plan was to give additional shots to help follicle growth if needed. I was asked to come in on day 8. Since previously I was ready to ovulate on day 9, I had to request to come in on day 6 so that we had time to give the shots if needed. It seemed like common sense to me (and all the monitoring was included in our price), but it felt like I was not be treated individually based on my previous responses to the medications and IUI. I felt frustrated a lot of times that I needed to be the one to raise questions and change the course rather than the experts helping guide me through the best course for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions and request frequent communication with Dr. Devine. She eventually responded well to this and had better communication with us towards the end of our 3 months.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Kate Devine used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
As previously mentioned, my first round of IUI was using Clomid. It produced multiple follicles but it thinned my lining and resulted in a negative pregnancy test. There was a standard protocol for all rounds of IUI, which was ultrasound on day 3, medication day 3-8, and monitoring day 12, with usually IUI day 14. Because I seemed to ovulate early, I had to request to come in earlier than the protocol recommended. I also eventually (3rd IUI cycle) had to begin medication on day 2. For my second cycle I was switched to Letrozole. For my third cycle, I continued with the same dose of Letrozole, but gave myself FSH injections multiple times while being monitored each day. Both the second and third cycles of IUI resulted in only one follicle for ovulation and both resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alliosn Lofferdo and Jennifer Wood)
We originally had a nurse coordinator, Allison, who responded to emails but never checked in on me after procedure or test results on her own. She eventually moved to another clinic and was no longer our coordinator, but she never emailed to tell us so much. We found out from Dr. Devine after the fact. Our new nurse was the same way in that she never reached out to check on me on her own. During our third cycle, it was over a weekend, and I didn't know what to do as far as refill the FSH medication again or not. It is expensive and I didn't want to do it if not necessary but I would absolutely do it if it would help. I was told, I could do it if I wanted to. There was no one to talk to since it was the weekend and it was so incredible stressful. I spoke with one nurse who was on call and she was very comforting but didn't have a great answer for me either. The whole day was filled with waiting for a phone call about the results of my monitoring that morning and stressing over whether or not to refill the prescriptions before the pharmacy closed. I emailed both Allison and Jennifer hoping for some guidance. I understand that they do not work on the weekend and so that's why I didn't hear back, but I also never heard from anyone on Monday or ever after that just to check in and see how it all turned out. Or just to say I'm sorry that was so stressful and we'll be in touch with next steps.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are a clean facility with friendly front desk staff. They can get you in and out in the morning which is nice when you're trying to get to work. The weakness is that you don't particularly feel connected to anyone and when you have questions you may not have access to someone who can answer them. There is a MD on call, however you will be charged if you use them and its not an emergency.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility.
$1800 for each IUI cycle + $50-150 for medications
Describe Kate Devine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I know that Dr. Devine preferred single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of multiples and the complications that can occur with multiple births (prematurity, CLD, etc.)
Kate Devine
Washington DC

Dr Doyle is absolutely amazing as a doctor and a person!!!! He really cares about his patients and he was always there for me when I needed him!... Dr Doyle is mild-mannered, friendly, carrying, informative, accomadating and more... He is always there for me! If I was not sure about something! ... I don't remember the first one but the second is called the Antagonist-Vivelle Protocol.
Now the nurses & staff on the other hand are not so friendly & flexible... We are all just a number in a very busy day for most people working at Shady Grove, Rockville!!! It's so upsetting to be going through all the stress & hormonal shots and to be dealing with inconsiderate people.... was unhappy with the nurse because she wasn't responding to my voicemails & emails!... Nice, clean and modern building with state of the art medical equipment!
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Doyle is mild-mannered, friendly, carrying, informative, accomadating and more.... :) He is always there for me! If I was not sure about something! If I was unhappy with the nurse because she wasn't responding to my voicemails & emails! If I was too scared!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Trust him! He's absolutely amazing!!!
Dr Doyle is absolutely amazing as a doctor and a person!!!! He really cares about his patients and he was always there for me when I needed him! :) Now the nurses & staff on the other hand are not so friendly & flexible... We are all just a number in a very busy day for most people working at Shady Grove, Rockville!!! It's so upsetting to be going through all the stress & hormonal shots and to be dealing with inconsiderate people... :(
Describe the protocols Joseph Doyle used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember the first one but the second is called the Antagonist-Vivelle Protocol. It's slightly different from the first one
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I've had 5 different nurses since last year! Non of them worth remembering!! :()
I was just a number for most of them! They were professionally kind of polite but too busy to really pay enough attention to my case or me!!! :(
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Nice, clean and modern building with state of the art medical equipment!
Around $35,000 for two IVF cycles or a pregnancy
Describe Joseph Doyle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
For my age he strongly recommended a single transfer!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
A couple of times I had to remind my nurses to send my prescriptions
Rockville

[Dr. Kimberly Moon] Treated me as if I was a younger patient. I am older, so treatments selection may have been too harsh on my eggs. She adjusted protocol which yielded more, poor quality eggs. She didn't listen to my concerns and my money went down the drain along with precious time.... THe first cycle was standard protocol- Gonal F , menopur, centrotide. HGH. The second included the previously mentioned but also a lupron stop..yielded more eggs then previous protocol. Overall, over 41 eggs retrieved but none were of quality.
[Shady Grove-Washington DC has] old standard conservative methods- resistant to alternatives. Acupuncture and yoga are now being encouraged. When I had mentioned it during my cycle, I was told that it wouldn't make a difference .... THe first cycle was standard protocol- Gonal F , menopur, centrotide. HGH. The second included the previously mentioned but also a lupron stop..yielded more eggs then previous protocol. Overall, over 41 eggs retrieved but none were of quality.
How was your experience with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
IF you're older, find someone else. If you're younger, you may stand a chance conceiving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
Eventhough my hormone levels and AMH were that of a younger person, my protocol was not tailored for a person of advanced age and I feel the "standard" protocols I was going through possibly fried my eggs, hence further issues with egg quality. I kept insisting for other options and it wasn't considered at all.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Moon used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
There were issues in the beginning but overall I think it she was better.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
old standard conservative methods- resistant to alternatives. Acupuncture and yoga are now being encouraged. When I had mentioned it during my cycle, I was told that it wouldn't make a difference . Older patients should really seek elsewhere for treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility.
Over $25k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Slight issues with weekend nurses, but aside- clinic runs well.
Kimberly Moon