6.9

13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Amrane did a pretty good job of explaining my specific situation and laying out possible treatments, etc. I only saw her in a couple of virtual visits (and in person once during the initial consultation, which was for egg freezing). She answered my questions and was understanding about what I was trying to accomplish. She wished me luck during the IUIs and was sympathetic when I didn't get pregnant. On the down side, she focused a lot on "what can go wrong" and it definitely gave me more stress instead of being reassured. I think she doesn't have enough experience in dealing with anxious patients.
Right now, my main complaint with the [Shady Grove Fertility] clinic is that it's very difficult to get a full picture/layout of how much different treatment scenarios will ultimately cost you. So I haven't been happy with the financial situation for my IVF, so far... Overall, the clinic is very organized, staff is very nice and professional. Yes, you will probably "feel like a number," but it's Shady Grove and it's a busy clinic... If you make peace with feeling like a number, it's not that bad... Most of the nursing staff was also very good.
How was your experience with Selma Amrane at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selma Amrane at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't look for a super-warm bedside manner. Ask specific questions to get specific information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selma Amrane at Shady Grove Fertility?
For my initial consultation, Dr. Amrane (and nurses) really stressed me out and it definitely felt like I was more of a number. I had a blood pressure spike and no one really reassured me about it - and it was only a consultation! I don't think there was enough explanation/caring about just how complex, time-sensitive and demanding the process really is... For my virtual meetings with Dr. Amrane, she was ok/relatively nice, but her demeanor was still sort of "stress-inducing."
Describe the protocols Selma Amrane used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I did four IUIs; the first was a natural cycle, because I was hoping to avoid chemicals, etc. She was very willing to try different things (i.e., a natural cycle) and said it's worth a shot. When the first 2 IUIs were unsuccessful, she said I should consider moving on to IVF. She did note my lower ovarian reserve, and I think that was a big reason for her suggestion. I used clomid for one cycle (which didn't end up going all the way to an IUI, because I got sick), and letrozole for another cycle. I was switched to letrozole because I may have had visual side effects from clomid, so they wanted to be on the safe side. For the IVF, I had menopur and gonal-f, and ultimately cetrotide; also, Dr. Amrane had me do a final boost of those meds before the trigger shot. I wasn't told the rationale for that... but currently I'm waiting to see how many of my fertilized eggs turn to blastocysts. I had 3 eggs fertilize.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Beth Goode)
Beth Goode was awesome! One of the best health care providers I've ever had. She is always very organized, knowledgeable, calm, professional, understanding, takes LOTS of time to answer any questions I have... She was good at reassuring me when I worried about things and good at giving a very thorough perspective on everything. Most of the nursing staff was also very good.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Right now, my main complaint with the clinic is that it's very difficult to get a full picture/layout of how much different treatment scenarios will ultimately cost you. So I haven't been happy with the financial situation for my IVF, so far... Overall, the clinic is very organized, staff is very nice and professional. Yes, you will probably "feel like a number," but it's Shady Grove and it's a busy clinic... If you make peace with feeling like a number, it's not that bad. For a new patient, however, it is honestly an extremely stressful experience, because they don't seem to take into account the level of complexity and anxiety that the whole fertility situation creates. I was told during my consultation that my blood pressure was high enough that I could go to the ER - friggin' ridiculous! So, I understand that the nursing staff are primarily gynecologists, not cardiologists, etc, but hopefully new patients can take a lot of their comments and suggestions with a grain of salt, because outside of the fertility stuff, they don't necessarily know what they're talking about. Shady Grove is clearly *extremely* focused on avoiding any type of liability, so they warn you about every possible little thing, presumably so they don't get sued. So I just wouldn't listen to all the risks and everything like that that they tell you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Selma Amrane at Shady Grove Fertility.
I think IUI was approximately $1,500 a cycle. (I paid out of pocket at the time.) Ovidrel was $68. My IVF charges are still being processed, but... I was so far billed about $6,500 by Shady Grove (which includes about $3,600 for PGT testing). This does NOT include an embryo transfer - but allegedly does include the cost covered by insurance. I have also been charged, at this point, roughly $6,000 just for medications. But everything is still going through insurance, so I'm not sure how this will all shake out.
Describe Selma Amrane's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Haven't gotten that far
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Like I said earlier, I really wasn't given a comprehensive overview of the financial picture for IVF treatment. I wasn't told that if I did PGT testing, I couldn't do a fresh embryo transfer, which would add like at least $6,000 to the treatment (I thought embryo transfers cost closer to $3,400). No one also told me how much IVF meds cost, like even a ballpark estimate. I realize I could have done more of my own research ahead of time, but the way the clinic downplayed the cost of the meds, etc, I just wasn't that focused on it. So that's the main thing I wasn't happy with.
Selma Amrane
Towson

2021 - 2022, Successful
The doctor [Dr. Sagoskin] personally called me with sensitive information and had a warm bedside manner...genuine and listens to our concerns. He also is ready with a next plan for us so we can move forward when we are ready. He has tailored my medication each time to get better results and has been supportive when we went through a chemical pregnancy. He is good at communicating when questions arise and is very helpful at explaining terminology and gray areas of fertility..
Great care! [at Shady Grove Fertility] Doctors are sympathetic and sensitive and nurses are skilled and great at managing patient concerns and questions. I have felt supported at each stage of the process by our clinic. I have enjoyed the professionalism and overall great atmosphere of my visits. It’s a busy place, which can create stress and long waits for patients....She [nurse] assumed I was coming back in to the clinic because my levels were going up when in fact I had a chemical pregnancy and I was doing tests to ensure the number went down below 5. This was a difficult time and I thought the nurse could have checked my record before making the comment she did...
How was your experience with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
The doctor is genuine and listens to our concerns. He also is ready with a next plan for us so we can move forward when we are ready. He has tailored my medication each time to get better results and has been supportive when we went through a chemical pregnancy. He is good at communicating when questions arise and is very helpful at explaining terminology and gray areas of fertility. He also did our first retrieval and was very encouraging afterwards.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be sure to ask all the questions you have as you will feel more comfortable and learn more if you approach the doctor with your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
The doctor personally called me with sensitive information and had a warm bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Arthur Sagoskin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Short protocol with microdose Lupron, better outcome (9 eggs retrieved second time vs 3 first time) with adjusted dose of Lupron
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Bethany )
Wonderful attention from my primary nurse. One nurse made me feel very bad when she asked if it was my last blood work to check HCG levels, saying it was exciting. She assumed I was coming back in to the clinic because my levels were going up when in fact I had a chemical pregnancy and I was doing tests to ensure the number went down below 5. This was a difficult time and I thought the nurse could have checked my record before making the comment she did.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Great care! Doctors are sympathetic and sensitive and nurses are skilled and great at managing patient concerns and questions. I have felt supported at each stage of the process by our clinic. I have enjoyed the professionalism and overall great atmosphere of my visits. It’s a busy place, which can create stress and long waits for patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our insurance coverage was good, so we paid for PGT testing ($4500) and $20 co-pays for appointments
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
An appointment was not scheduled at the time that the front desk staff had communicated it would be.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
IUI out of pocket was ~$1600...Too busy, especially the financial department. They have an efficient process which is nice, but it is impersonal and the wait time can be really bad (over 45 mins on several occasions). Their office is lovely and their technology seems very up to date. Many of the actual providers are very kind, especially the nurses and front office staff..
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Doyle was warm, compassionate, and nonjudgmental. He was a good listener and never made me feel rushed or pressured to make a decision. He followed up with me on a concern I expressed after hours one time too. He clearly relies heavily on his nurses and NPs to do the majority of the actual direct procedures, and he just handled consultations and approving the course of treatment. So over-all high quality provider with low quantity of actual interactions. I definitely appreciate working with him though and would recommend him to others, especially if they are going to be seen at Shady Grove Fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions- he’s great at explaining things and giving answers, but he doesn’t necessarily talk a lot about things unless you ask for specifics. The nurse gives more of the details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Although the clinic over-all makes me feel like a number, whenever I’ve met or spoken directly with Dr. Doyle, he is very kind, affable, and never seemed rushed or dismissive. He’s matter of fact but still willing to explain things to me and answer my questions in a detailed way when I want/need him to. One time he even called me back after hours to talk to me about my misgivings from recommendations by the weekend doctor and nurse.
Describe the protocols Joseph Doyle used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Ovidrel + IUI + monitoring of bloodwork & ultrasound x1 cycle resulted in 1 mature follicle, no pregnancy 5 pills of 2.5 letrozole, ovidrel + monitoring of bloodwork and IUI with donor sperm x1 cycle for PCOS - 2 mature follicles, no pregnancy 5 pills of 5 letrozole, ovidrel + monitoring of bloodwork & IUI with donor sperm x2 cycles for PCOS- resulted in 2 mature follicles and one mature follicle before IUI was scheduled Told me that with our next cycle we can do 5 pills of 7 mg letrozole for PCOS -
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marina)
Organized but busy. Answered my questions whenever I had them, but I don’t know that she knew me without looking at my chart.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Too busy, especially the financial department. They have an efficient process which is nice, but it is impersonal and the wait time can be reallllllyyy bad (over 45 mins on several occasions). Their office is lovely and their technology seems very up to date. Many of the actual providers are very kind, especially the nurses and front office staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered the consult with just a copay, but IUI out of pocket was ~$1600
Describe Joseph Doyle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
One time it was difficult to get the right prescription sent to the pharmacy.

2017 - 2022, Unsuccessful
My husband and I have always felt comfortable and heard when we meet Dr. Chason. She's eternally optimistic yet realistic. We feel hopeful, supported and confident whenever we leave our appointments. Even with setbacks, she gives us feedback we can use to make decisions and move forward. She has remained receptive to our concerns and open to adjusting our cycles when needed.
The [SGF Annapolis] receptionists are lovely and encouraging. Scheduling is easy. However, there have been a couple times, over the years, that I've waited almost an hour to be seen. I adore the techs and phlebotomists. Unfortunately, one of my absolute favorite phlebotomists left during the pandemic. I had a concern with one of the NPs, which I addressed with my primary nurse. I haven't had any issues since.
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Bring questions! She will provide answers and resources.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Chason personally follows up through out our cycles. She went above and beyond to provide me with an excellent surgeon to manage our ectopic pregnancy. She also followed up with the surgeon post op to continue consulting on my case.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chason used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
(2017-2020) We had 11 IUIs using donor sperm; 3 rounds were medicated (Clomid x2, Femara x1). I am sensitive to medication and prefer to limit it's usage. I had an allergic reaction to Clomid during our second medicated cycle. We had our first positive test with our 6th round. However, I miscarried a few days before our first ultrasound. (2021) We opted to try a round of IVF. We used estrogen patches, Menopur, Ganirelix, Gonal-F, Crinone and Estradiol. We had a fresh transfer on day 5; we opted to have our remaining embryos tested (PGT-A). Our cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test, but the pregnancy was ectopic. We have not yet started preparing for our first FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ann S.)
Ann took over my care when my previous nurse took a new position. She's calm and reassuring. She's very responsive when I reach out by phone or email. She's always so sweet when I see her around the office.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The receptionists are lovely and encouraging. Scheduling is easy. However, there have been a couple times, over the years, that I've waited almost an hour to be seen. I adore the techs and phlebotomists. Unfortunately, one of my absolute favorite phlebotomists left during the pandemic. I had a concern with one of the NPs, which I addressed with my primary nurse. I haven't had any issues since.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility.
Under our previous insurance, we paid for 5 IUIs out of pocket. Our current insurance covers services. For the majority of visits, I was charged my copay. IVF was applied towards my deductible in addition to copay charges. However, embryo testing was 100% out of pocket ($3600).
Rebecca Chason

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Andrea Reh] did not review my records before the appointments, and it felt like she does not remember any information pertaining to my previous treatment under her supervision...I wanted to see a different provider in Shady Grove Fertility, but it would have added two more months of waiting...During 6 months of treatment, I saw her only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult). The rest of the communication with Dr. was done through the nurse.
I really liked that SGF has multiple locations and early morning monitoring appointments which provided great flexibility. Scheduling is very easy. They are quick in responding to most of the questions via the patient portal. All communication on your treatment is done through the nurse...During 6 months of treatment, I saw [Dr. Reh] only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult).
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wanted to see a different provider in Shady Grove Fertility, but it would have added two more months of waiting for my initial consult so I agreed to proceed with Dr. Reh. During 6 months of treatment, I saw her only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult). The rest of the communication with Dr. was done through the nurse. I did not feel I got sufficient explanations of why specific treatment was chosen based on my situation (e.g. natural vs. medicated IUI, choice of specific protocol). I felt part of the problem was that she did not review my records before the appointment, so she did to have any specific suggestions on my treatment during our conversations. I was receiving written recommendations on my treatment only after my appointment with Dr. Reh which made it more difficult to ask questions. She also did not seem caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Try to do your own research on possible treatments and make a list of questions that you may have about it before the appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I did not feel any personal attitude from Dr. Reh's side. She did not review my records before the appointments, and it felt like she does not remember any information pertaining to my previous treatment under her supervision.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I did two IUIs using clomid, ovidrel and progesteron. I did not receive any rationale for why these medications were chosen for my cycle. I tolerated them well, and my response was also good, but both cycles failed.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I really liked that SGF has multiple locations and early morning monitoring appointments which provided great flexibility. Scheduling is very easy. They are quick in responding to most of the questions via the patient portal. All communication on your treatment is done through the nurse. She has been indeed wonderful, but I would have hoped to be able to ask Dr. questions directly and receive some explanations from her as well. I felt disappointed that IUIs (and most of the monitoring) are performed by nurces. The billing was not always consistent (I was billed in different ways for absolutely identical encounters.)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
Costs through our insurance: Initial consult $200 First IUI cycle $1200 Second IUI cycle $800 (had fewer monitoring appointments), plus meds.
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
2020 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Li] is an expert, but she is also very compassionate. She cares about her patients like her own family, not some cold numbers on the balance sheet. We had one failed transfer, but she encouraged me, adjusted the whole protocol, and was on top of each procedure. I respect her opinion and trust her judgement and professionalism...I was advised to do eSET because I had a high-risk pregnancy before.
The monitoring appointments are generally easy to schedule and on time. Occasionally it runs late...[our nurse] is a clear communicator, and you know she cares about you. We never had any issues working together...I think Shady Grove Fertility has great facility, doctors and nurses. The only weakness they have is the financial team and billing team. I wasn't happy with them. They made a lot of mistakes in my case.
How was your experience with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
I would recommend Dr Nair to any close friends or relatives. She is an expert, but she is also very compassionate. She cares about her patients like her own family, not some cold numbers on the balance sheet. We had one failed transfer, but she encouraged me, adjusted the whole protocol, and was on top of each procedure. I respect her opinion and trust her judgement and professionalism. I finally got pregnant under her care after almost four years of trying. My husband and I thank her with our whole heart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you are looking for a down to the earth, no fluffy and compassionate doctor with great expertise, she is your doctor to go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Nair is very compassionate with her doctor. You can feel it when talking to her.
Describe the protocols Sandy Li used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I was put on antibiotics to repress my immunity before transfer. She also used Lovenox to help with implantation. I think these two things finally helped me conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana)
I love my nurse Lana. She is the best. She is a clear communicator, and you know she cares about you. We never had any issues working together.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered main costs, but I still paid about $12,000 including treatment and medication.
Describe Sandy Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I was advised to do eSET because I had a high-risk pregnancy before.
Sandy Li
Rockville

She [Dr. Devine] is extremely intelligent and cares for her patients, I have no doubt she's a leader in the field, but I do have some outstanding questions on how involved she was every step of the way...called me to discuss options and next steps and really wanted the best for me. The hard part is that she didn't perform any of the procedures and did most of the evaluation of my progress in the background, so I'm not entirely sure how involved she was. I also would have appreciated her educating us on all of our options earlier on and on how IVF works. You don't know the correct questions to even ask during the first couple of meetings.
SGF is a great, professional clinic. That said, it can feel very impersonal at times. I would insist on one nurse contact and to have your doctor perform procedures. I'm not sure that the doctors fully understood my unique situation...You must ask questions, do TONS of research early on, even if some of these treatments won't apply to you, it's important to know and ask about them...Kelsey [nurse] was fantastic. The hiccup occurred when Shady Grove moved to a shared nursing model midway through my treatment. Kelsey is the only nurse I know or met, so when other nurses call me (especially to deliver bad news), it just sounds like a stranger on the line. I would have had an even better experience if Kelsey had been the main point of contact all the way through. I would have felt more comfortable asking questions and feeling supported.
How was your experience with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
I can't answer this in full yet because I'm still undergoing treatment. She is extremely intelligent and cares for her patients, I have no doubt she's a leader in the field, but I do have some outstanding questions on how involved she was every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be educated and ask questions up front. Ask questions and get specific answers and talk statistics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Devine called me to discuss options and next steps and really wanted the best for me. The hard part is that she didn't perform any of the procedures and did most of the evaluation of my progress in the background, so I'm not entirely sure how involved she was. I also would have appreciated her educating us on all of our options earlier on and on how IVF works. You don't know the correct questions to even ask during the first couple of meetings.
Describe the protocols Kate Devine used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
Kelsey was fantastic. The hiccup occurred when Shady Grove moved to a shared nursing model midway through my treatment. Kelsey is the only nurse I know or met, so when other nurses call me (especially to deliver bad news), it just sounds like a stranger on the line. I would have had an even better experience if Kelsey had been the main point of contact all the way through. I would have felt more comfortable asking questions and feeling supported.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SGF is a great, professional clinic. That said, it can feel very impersonal at times. I would insist on one nurse contact and to have your doctor perform procedures. I'm not sure that the doctors fully understood my unique situation. I can't fully answer since I'm still undergoing treatment. You must ask questions, do TONS of research early on, even if some of these treatments won't apply to you, it's important to know and ask about them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility.
it went through insurance, so i'm not sure of the negotiated rates.
Describe Kate Devine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. Devine recommends SET, as does Shady Grove and we followed that guidance.
Washington DC

We felt well guided under our care of Dr. Moon. She is frank, to the point and is usually quite clear in her prognosis and decision-making, though we had a bit of an oddball case (says everyone dealing with infertility)...took a Sunday call with us to sort through it and give us feedback on how we would approach it moving forward...29 eggs collected, 17 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst (1AB, 3AA). Transferred 4AB embryo, pregnant but likely will be ending in a miscarriage (hcg not rising appropriately on second blood draw).
I would've liked to have Dr. Moon at our retrieval and transfers but frankly, that's not how Shady Grove works and we understood that clearly before we began...29 eggs collected, 17 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst (1AB, 3AA)...Nothing specific went wrong, but there were a lot of monitoring appointments that weren't set and were just loosely scheduled, which is how this clinic works, for better or worse. I wish there were set monitoring times, I had 30-45 mins waits at the beginning of my IVF cycle for a blood draw which just is because there is an overload of folks scheduled at the exact same time. Too open-ended for scheduling, there really becomes no put to even schedule then.
How was your experience with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
We felt well guided under our care of Dr. Moon. She is frank, to the point and is usually quite clear in her prognosis and decision-making, though we had a bit of an oddball case (says everyone dealing with infertility). I would've liked to have Dr. Moon at our retrieval and transfers but frankly, that's not how Shady Grove works and we understood that clearly before we began. I would like to see more clarity on communication with regard to the pandemic, the clinic, not necessarily Dr. Moon herself, waited a long time, gave unclear directives and made the experience much more unclear; we understand no one plans for this, but the clinic gave very little clarity on action plans for us when it all happened mid-transfer. It was really hard to deal with that uncertainty and I hope communication for Dr. Moon and others improves to reassure patients within each person's portfolio.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
No direct advice; continue to give each person time on the feedback calls; we really loved after our retrieval that we didn't receive the numbers we assumed would happen and Dr. Moon took a Sunday call with us to sort through it and give us feedback on how we would approach it moving forward!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Moon was clear in her protocol and treated us and our case with respect each time we met.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Moon used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol - Lupron not HCG to lessen risk of OHSS; stimmed for 11 days with Gonal-F, Menopur, and then Ganirelix/Cetrotide. 29 eggs collected, 17 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst (1AB, 3AA). Transferred 4AB embryo, pregnant but likely will be ending in a miscarriage (hcg not rising appropriately on second blood draw).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
We came into our first cycle as changes were being made to the nursing staff. Therefore, we went from having one primary nurse we worked with to having a team of nurses that seemed to change quite a bit. I would advise there has to be some sort of communication by the clinic to change these things; people get attached, and rightfully so in a process like this and when changes to nursing teams are made, it can make things like communication change. I'd like to see Shady Grove be more forthright with this information before changes simply show up.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic can feel like a conveyor belt; personalized care with a doctor, when seen by your doctor, is good but between starting my IVF cycle and likely ending this pregnancy in a miscarriage, I've talked directly to my doctor four times which when I really think about it, is pretty low for a 45 day span of invasive treatments. I think there is a lot of responsibility built into this that the nurses play which is great, however, with the recent switch to team nursing it really can be hard to feel "connected" to anyone at the practice. I hope that Shady Grove is able to balance this out and provide continuous personalized care to many but also still being clear on the quality aspect!
Yes, total cluster 45 min wait times for some days. Not the best way to start and there is then no point to providing monitoring appointments if it's first-come first serve open-ended whenever you want to show up!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility.
Covered by insurance
Describe Kimberly Moon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
While I know she [Dr. Kimberly Moon] knows who my husband and I are and preformed 2/3 of my egg retrievals, I also feel we're a number in that i don't feel like a lot of time and effort is being put in to figure out a creative way to mitigate our MFI and allow us to have another biological baby. After our failed IVF cycle in 2019, we were recommended to use 50% donor sperm on next cycle. I feel like there has to be other options out there.
Both [nurses at Shady Grove Fertility] showed compassion and answered my portal questions on the same day and with accuracy...Shared Risk for my age was $22,500.00 Multi-Cycle (2 cycles) was $18,500.00...There are many location options to visit. The Rockville surgery center is well decorated and relaxing and the staff there have always been great. I have been pleased with my retrieval experiences. Weaknesses - Not enough convenient weekend clinic options. Upper MD has Rockville, VA has Fairfax, DC has K Street, but those of us in Southern Maryland don't have anything and have to drive 30-60 minutes for weekend monitoring appointments. The K Street office also doesn't have a free parking option, if not on Sunday's. I was able to monitor at Waldorf for my March 2020 cycle and save on the headache of fighting DC traffic and parking meters, but I don't know if I will be able to do that for future cycles. Another weakness is operating hours -- would be helpful if the clinics opened at 6a for monitoring on weekd
How was your experience with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Moon is well educated and seems to be a numbers person. During our consult for our second IVF cycle with her for a second biological child, she ran our data from our cycle 2 years prior through a spreadsheet they had to predict likelihood for success with unexplained infertility and our age and the numbers were so-so. I pushed and asked why we only ended up with (1) blastocyst when I had 21 retrieved and 17 mature/fertilized. She responded that to her that points to male factor infertility bc the cells live off the maternal protein the initial 3 days and then once getting past 4-cells they live off the male DNA. Since we still had 10+ embryos after our Day-2 update and then only 1 come day 5/6/7, she deducts there are some MFI issues and referred us to the urologist in her practice if we wanted more information. If we had decided not to go, then we never would have learned about the Sperm DNA Fragmentation test that is available. I don't know why this test wasn't recommended after our initial 2-failed IUIs or when his semen analysis in initial work up was so-so. The results came back that 36% of his sperm had DNA fragmentation and success for frag over 30% isn't good. For our IVF cycle in 2019 to attempt for our second baby, the urologist recommended he perform a TESE procedure on my husband to get to the source of the sperm before they get fragmented in ejaculation. Again, we had 21 retrieved and 17 mature/fertilize but only 2 make it to blastocysts (day 5 & 6). They were tested and both came back abnormal. At that point, Dr. Moon and the board reviewed our case and decided we could not continue in the Shared Risk program, unless we used 50% donor sperm and 50% of my husband's. While I get they want to protect their data and pregnancy rates, this felt like a blow that they didn't have faith in our future outcomes. We want a full biological family and we know it is possible since we have our son; we'd think they would come up with ways to help overcome this DNA fragmentation. They moved our deposit for Shared Risk over to a Multi-Cycle program (2 tries) and then I don't know what we'll do if those two don't work..... After that failed cycle, I read up on whatever studies I could find and put my husband on supplements for 3-months and he was trying to work on getting his BMI down since the clinic didn't have any recommendations on what we could do to make a difference. Sadly our March 2020 IVF cycle had about 20 retrieved; 18 mature and fertilized and only 2 made it to blast again and both came back abnormal again. We have a teleconference with Dr. Moon this afternoon to talk about next steps, I guess. Curious to see what she'll say....
Don't be afraid to do your own research and schedule calls with her to get questions answered.
My response is mixed. While I know she knows who my husband and I are and preformed 2/3 of my egg retrievals, I also feel we're a number in that i don't feel like a lot of time and effort is being put in to figure out a creative way to mitigate our MFI and allow us to have another biological baby. After our failed IVF cycle in 2019, we were recommended to use 50% donor sperm on next cycle. I feel like there has to be other options out there.
I don't recall the treatment protocols for my (2) IUIs, but for my (3) IVF cycles she had me on an antagonist protocol with 225 Gonal-F and (3) vials of Menopur. I am slower to respond, esp. my right side, so my 3rd cycle I was started on these higher doses and stayed pretty steady throughout cycle. Only (1) IVF cycle in 2017 was successful with producing (1) blastocyst (our son). Have a tele-consult with our Dr. this afternoon and am curious if there is another protocol we can try for our final cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Lana and Caroline were the two I remember communicating the most with during my two cycles the last 6-months. Both showed compassion and answered my portal questions on the same day and with accuracy. In 2017 I did have (1) assigned nurse, Kate Manders, and I didn't 100% care for her. She was nice enough but seemed pretty cold/robotic. She is now the K Street Patient Care Coordinator or Office Manager or something to that effect.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths - Monitoring appointments are quick and efficient. There are many location options to visit. The Rockville surgery center is well decorated and relaxing and the staff there have always been great. I have been pleased with my retrieval experiences. Weaknesses - Not enough convenient weekend clinic options. Upper MD has Rockville, VA has Fairfax, DC has K Street, but those of us in Southern Maryland don't have anything and have to drive 30-60 minutes for weekend monitoring appointments. The K Street office also doesn't have a free parking option, if not on Sunday's. I was able to monitor at Waldorf for my March 2020 cycle and save on the headache of fighting DC traffic and parking meters, but I don't know if I will be able to do that for future cycles. Another weakness is operating hours -- would be helpful if the clinics opened at 6a for monitoring on weekdays and stay with 7a on weekends so patients can still get to work at a semi-decent hour.
Shared Risk for my age was $22,500.00 Multi-Cycle (2 cycles) was $18,500.00 PGT-A Testing - $5,000.00 TESE - $5,000.00 Sperm Analysis - $50.00 Sperm DNA Fragmentation Test - $250.00
Washington DC

Dr. Osborn is soft spoken but very friendly and willing to answer any questions you have. She knows who you are and shares results with you personally as needed...She is much more willing to share and elaborate if you ask questions. She doesn't talk just to talk so be prepared with what you want to know...She is realistic and clear with what she expects from treatment...Antagonist protocol for retrieval which resulted in less embryos than I expected but exactly what SGF predicted for me...
SGF is big but Sibley is a small office so you don't feel like just a number the way you might in the Rockville office. Most of my monitoring was done at Sibley so it's the same nurses and staff that you encounter every time. SGF is very technical and wants the best outcome for you. Everything that they do is research based so you know that they are making the most educated decisions on your behalf...
How was your experience with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
I believe that all the doctors at SGF are required to follow strict guidelines so there is not a lot of experimentation that I've seen so far but I have a fairly straightforward case. Dr. Osborn has always been friendly, considerate and willing to answer any questions that I've had. She has been the one to share good and bad news with me and will always contact me if I've requested to hear from her. She is realistic and clear with what she expects from treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Barbara Osborn used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel, Carolyn, KC)
I've had various nurses throughout my year with SGF due to a few different factors within the office. All of them are clear, friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility.
I had insurance coverage so I do not know the total amount of each procedure.
Describe Barbara Osborn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
eSET is recommended.
Barbara Osborn
Sibley

Weaknesses [of Dr. Arthur Sagoskin] -- hard to get a hold of. Could be better at explaining the why of what we were doing. Strengths -- seemed very knowledgable and very experienced. I trust him because he's been doing this for 30 years...He's compassionate but can be candid and blunt when appropriate...When there was bad news, he called me to talk to me in person and explain the next steps
Feels a little bit like a number [at Shady Grove Fertility clinic]. Different nurses, ultrasound technicians, and doctors every day. Was never given a way to contact doctor directly. However, they were relatively efficient and had their procedures down cold. Embryo lab world class...Did multi-cycle discount (2 for the price of about 1.5 cycles)...sometimes they got backed up 30-45 minutes
How was your experience with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Weaknesses -- hard to get a hold of. Could be better at explaining the why of what we were doing. Strengths -- seemed very knowledgable and very experienced. I trust him because he's been doing this for 30 years and started the clinic so there's probably not a lot he hasn't seen
Don't expect to have your hand held through this process. Advocate for yourself and speak up. Ask questions (what about trying this?). He's compassionate but can be candid and blunt when appropriate.
When there was bad news, he called me to talk to me in person and explain the next steps. Wish it was easier to get a hold of him and ask questions. I definitely don't doubt his expertise and trust him, but I have a scientific mind and Type A personality so it puts my mind at ease to know just what we are doing but why we are doing it.
Estrogen priming protocol with 600 IU of gonatropins. Microdose lupron 2nd cycle slightly lower doses. Microdose lupron with longer time between trigger and retrieval (37 hours vice 36) for third cycle. Lowered does of meds on third cycle to prevent OHSS. Have not gotten results on third cycle yet, but best egg yield by a factor of 3. Protocols chosen because diminished ovarian reserve. Did not respond much on EPP. Responded well on microdose lupron the first time. Second time responded very well (and possibly too well). Changed retrieval interval to improve egg maturity.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Feels a little bit like a number. Different nurses, ultrasound technicians, and doctors every day. Was never given a way to contact doctor directly. However, they were relatively efficient and had their procedures down cold. Embryo lab world class.
Could go in when convenient but sometimes they got backed up 30-45 minutes.
Did multi-cycle discount (2 for the price of about 1.5 cycles). Paid for it and meds out of pocket
Describe Arthur Sagoskin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
eSET chosen because I am very skinny and have had a high risk pregnancy in the past. Also only got one PGS normal anyway from first two cycles
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The only thing that went wrong was scheduling the 3rd appointment which was to do a specific diagnostic procedure. It was a minor inconvenience but it could have delayed things a month.
Rockville

I liked that he [Dr. Jason Bromer] took the time to explain the results fully to me during the testing. My husband also felt comfortable with him. He was positive and easy to understand and trust. I had read reviews about the clinic that you don't ever see your doctor or talk to the doctor but that is not my experience...I never felt like a number and he was there to see me during my visits, even called me with results after he had left for the day.
My care coordinator [at Shady Grove Fertility clinic] was the person I talked to the most. She was wonderful and always available to answer any questions or send me a quick email in the portal. She helped me with scheduling all of the appointments and really made it easy...The clinic is either really busy or they have limited slots for testing. The testing is slow and takes time. I didn't realize dropping off samples required an appointment
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I liked that he took the time to explain the results fully to me during the testing. My husband also felt comfortable with him. He was positive and easy to understand and trust. I had read reviews about the clinic that you don't ever see your doctor or talk to the doctor but that is not my experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
The testing will take awhile to time everything correctly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
We went to an information session with where Dr. Brommer was the presenter. Since no one else showed up for the session, we pretty much had an individual tour of the facility and were able to get to know him prior to him being our doctor in a more casual setting. Through out testing and consultation I never felt like a number and he was there to see me during my visits, even called me with results after he had left for the day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
My care coordinator was the person I talked to the most. She was wonderful and always available to answer any questions or send me a quick email in the portal. She helped me with scheduling all of the appointments and really made it easy.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is either really busy or they have limited slots for testing. The testing is slow and takes time. I didn't realize dropping off samples required an appointment so my husbands tests took longer to schedule and wait for the appointment than my test. I also did not like getting scolded by the blood draw staff member about not making an appointment due to it being a weekend. I followed the protocol and I felt like I was inconveniencing her by having her do her job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
The pre-screening tests were covered by my insurance (I did have to pay a few rather large co-pays). All other costs are out of pocket.
Jason Bromer
Frederick

I have a history of sexual trauma and Dr. Devine was very sensitive to that history. She did everything she could to minimize triggers and adapted procedures in order to make me feel comfortable...Dr. Devine was very warm, but also straightforward. She actually listened to how my past experiences had shaped my anxiety about treatment and made adjustments to accommodate me. To the extent that was possible, she had her staff schedule my appointments for when she was on the monitoring floor and she came to my monitoring ultrasound appointments.
This location [Shady Grove Fertility] is in the middle of downtown DC and parking was always a challenge. It was difficult to find metered street parking, and garage parking was $22 per day, which could add up when you have to go in for daily monitoring. The waiting room is very busy for the morning monitoring appointments and sometimes the wait was up to 45-50 minutes past the appointment time.
How was your experience with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Devine was very warm, but also straightforward. She actually listened to how my past experiences had shaped my anxiety about treatment and made adjustments to accommodate me. To the extent that was possible, she had her staff schedule my appointments for when she was on the monitoring floor and she came to my monitoring ultrasound appointments. She was warm and reassuring and made me feel confident in her decisions as a provider.
Be very honest about any of your treatment concerns with her.
My diagnosis was an anovulation due to PCOS. Dr. Device prescribed 7.5 mg letrozole taken on days 3-7 with follicle monitoring starting on day 11. When the follicle was mature, she had me do an Ovidrel trigger shot followed by timed intercourse, and then progesterone suppositories for the remainder of the cycle. She was able to successfully induce ovulation three times and I got pregnant on the third month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
Dr. Devine's nursing team were very responsive to all of my messages. I didn't interact with them much in person, but they were friendly over the phone. The medical assistants that I encountered every morning for monitoring appointments left much to be desired. They never read my chart, which specifically said that I was only to have transabdominal ultrasounds, and they routinely argued with me when I told them I did not need to get undressed for the ultrasound. They were often rude when I declined to get undressed, and multiple times I could hear them standing on the other side of the door telling the doctor/ultrasound tech that I "wasn't cooperating." My history of sexual trauma was written as a warning in my chart as was a very clear "TAUS only" warning.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This location is in the middle of downtown DC and parking was always a challenge. It was difficult to find metered street parking, and garage parking was $22 per day, which could add up when you have to go in for daily monitoring. The waiting room is very busy for the morning monitoring appointments and sometimes the wait was up to 45-50 minutes past the appointment time.
My insurance covered only 50%, so every single monitoring appointment was approximately $115 out of pocket, and there are a lot of monitoring appointments.
N/A - I did not do IVF
2019 - 2020, Consult
Dr. Doyle is very friendly and jovial and understands tbis field very well. He is not great an explanations with granularity, and kind of waves questions away. He is obviously bright, but the lack of explanations makes the interactio feel like he is dismissive of concerns and can't wait to get to the rest of his calendar...If you have a lot of questions or disagree, he's not going to adjust to you.
SGF is huge and has lots of resources. However there is no coordination to get information to the patient. You have to do it yourself. There is lots on their website - peruse it closely and ask questions. No one will tell you what you need to know, you need to get all the info for yourself. Everyone who works there seems fine but they won't advocate for you if you don't!!! It's on you.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I have not had a chance to do the prescribed treatments with Dr. Doyle yet, but it seemed clear we will not have a lot of opportunities for further interaction unless somethingdoes not go right. He is young, smart and friendly. I definitely got the feeling that he knows his stuff. He diagnosed an issue for me that others didn't. On the other hand, he was obviously touchy when pressed for additional details and further information about why a certain treatment was indicated or not. He joked about it but clearly did not like it. So if you like what he proposed, and trust him - go with it. If you have a lot of questions or disagree, he's not going to adjust to you.
Advocste for yourself with SGF and your nurses.
Did not start treatment yet. Will begin with IUIs before progressing to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alexa)
Nurses seem to switch off. They ate very responsive over the patient portal. No one provided any advice about how to get medication in the cheapest way or the timeliest way. I had tonfigure it out for myself and find the cheapest pharmacies and request that it gets called in.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Consultations were covered by insurance as was most testing (some semen analyses were out of pocket to the tube of $150 per). IUI will be abour $450 out of pocket after insurance, and simplest medications about $150 per cycle.
Clearly concerned about multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Information was lost when my obgyn faxed it over. I had to collect it myself and bring it over. I was not informed that my cycle would be cancelled because of COVID 19, I had to find out for myself when I called to schedule. Billing people did not know the CPT code for a test that my insurance covered and claimed it had to be paid out of pocket. I had to get the CPT code from my insurance company and provide it to billers.
Rockville

She [Dr. Melissa Esposito] took the time to give me her honest opinion on my situation and made personal phone calls to calm my nerves...She is personable. I would have liked more suggestions to increase his count. I feel like she communicates well but doesn’t give you many options for treatment. I would have liked to wait until I moved to ivf but she seems to push you in that direction
Some clinics [Shady Grove Fertility] perform certain procedures. It’s best to know what can be done locally and for what procedures you will need to travel for. The billing department can be a hassle. Verify your own coverage before accepting what the billing department tells you. I was told something was covered and ended up with a 3500 bill...All of my nurses have been very accommodating. If one nurse isn’t available another one will assist you
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
Make sure you are your own advocate. Research the different treatment options available and come to her with questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility?
She took the time to give me her honest opinion on my situation and made personal phone calls to calm my nerves
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on clomid 25mg. I ovulated on my own so the treatment was just a boost. It did not help because my issue is mfi
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Some clinics perform certain procedures. It’s best to know what can be done locally and for what procedures you will need to travel for. The billing department can be a hassle. Verify your own coverage before accepting what the billing department tells you. I was told something was covered and ended up with a 3500 bill
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility.
My cost was more than I expected
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I would prefer multiple because we can’t afford multiple rounds. We are older and this will be our last child.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I’ve only had issues with the billing department
Melissa Esposito
Columbia

Dr. Shin has been friendly and open from the first consultation. He treated my husband for varicocele through surgery. He walked us through our options for treatment and how this would effect our fertility chances moving forward. He made my husband feel comfortable and at ease...He is open, honest and willing to answer all questions. He explained the preferred course of action and what the results would be...
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] is large but you are treated like an individual. We've rarely felt like we are in a factory. It is just smooth and well-run for the most part. Billing has always been where we've had to follow up and clarify things with staff...Dr. Shin has been friendly and open from the first consultation. He treated my husband for varicocele through surgery. He walked us through our options for treatment and how this would effect our fertility chances moving forward. He made my husband feel comfortable and at ease..
How was your experience with Paul Shin at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is open, honest and willing to answer all questions. He explained the preferred course of action and what the results would be. Given our ages, he thought that we should see the varicocele surgery through the 9 month wait period to look for improvements. We chose to move forward with IVF but in the hopes that we could conceive naturally down the line.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Shin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask all of your questions up front about the chances of success with your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Shin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Paul Shin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Varicocelectomy surgery to treat a varicocele causing low sperm count, motility, morphology, etc.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is large but you are treated like an individual. We've rarely felt like we are in a factory. It is just smooth and well-run for the most part. Billing has always been where we've had to follow up and clarify things with staff.
Paul Shin
2020, Unknown Success
Truthfully Dr Reh was very respectful and I do think she knew us and remembered us. It was a weird time where we met virtually or with masks so also hard to say if we’d know each other elsewhere. I often felt like a number in the waiting room though. I’d see so many women going in and out...She listened to our concerns and didn’t push us into things we weren’t ready for. She was realistic with us and told us what to expect. I would see her again but hopefully I won’t need to.
The [Shady Grove Fertility] front desk staff was great as were the techs that drew blood. Front desk always knew my name...I spoke to our nurse often as she’d call with results. She listened when I was caught off guard about prices for medicines one time and started crying. She listened and talked through how to try different pharmacies for different prices.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I thought Dr Reh was helpful when we spoke to her and answered our questions. She listened to our concerns and didn’t push us into things we weren’t ready for. She was realistic with us and told us what to expect. I would see her again but hopefully I won’t need to.
To go see her and listen to her advice.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I didn’t love seeing how many women were waiting. It was stressful even though we were all in the same boat. The front desk staff was great as were the techs that drew blood. Front desk always knew my name even though I was in a mask.
It was never really clear. I felt like I’d check out and be told we owed. Since I paid then they never sent bills.
Arlington
Dr.Doyle was open to feedback and was very kind and supportive. I enjoy working with him and his team, they work well together and make sure that I have everything that I need...He is communicative, would call me personally to check in...asks for my opinions/feedback...If you're not sure, ask questions, he will answer them. Advocate for yourself and do your own research...I also think that they sometimes thought I knew or understood terms during the beginning, so I would encourage people to ask questions and do your own research. I ended up working with a number of doctors, which can be off putting; so again make sure you ask them questions so you know what is going on.
Sometimes the wait is extremely long [at Shady Grove Fertility]. I also think that they sometimes thought I knew or understood terms during the beginning, so I would encourage people to ask questions and do your own research. I ended up working with a number of doctors, which can be off putting; so again make sure you ask them questions so you know what is going on...Dr.Doyle was open to feedback and was very kind and supportive. I enjoy working with him and his team, they work well together and make sure that I have everything that I need...He is communicative, would call me personally to check in...asks for my opinions/feedback...If you're not sure, ask questions, he will answer them. Advocate for yourself and do your own research...I also thi
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is communicative, would call me personally to check in. Dr.Doyle was open to feedback and was very kind and supportive. I enjoy working with him and his team, they work well together and make sure that I have everything that I need.
He is very communicative and asks for my opinions/feedback.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Sometimes the wait is extremely long. I also think that they sometimes thought I knew or understood terms during the beginning, so I would encourage people to ask questions and do your own research. I ended up working with a number of doctors, which can be off putting; so again make sure you ask them questions so you know what is going on.
Copays and out of pocket for egg freezing.
Rockville

The fact that she would leave me a voicemail with devastating news about the status of our embryos tested with PGT with no way to get in touch to learn more about why or details was HORRIBLE. She showed little compassion or care to leave news like that without talking to a patient directly. ... it was clear that she reviewed my file in prep for each conversation. no problem with that- more that the time we spent waiting exceeded amount of time actually spent with the doctor.
When I wanted to see a new doctor [at Shady Grove Fertility] ... I was able to get in with the new doctor within a week and the transition was easy and painless. ... We started with a protocol that included 450 iUs of GonalF daily, 150 IUs of Menopur, and then Cetrotide. That cycle resulted in a cancelled retrieval due to development of a dominant follicle. The 2nd cycle started with 10 days of birth control followed by 2 days of Lupron Injections (2x daily), 450 IUs daily of Gonal F and 150 IUs daily of Menopur. This resulted in 3 follicles with 2 eggs retrieved, 2 healthy high quality embryos, but one had genetic condition and other chromosomal issue.
How was your experience with Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility?
The fact that she would leave me a voicemail with devastating news about the status of our embryos tested with PGT with no way to get in touch to learn more about why or details was HORRIBLE. She showed little compassion or care to leave news like that without talking to a patient directly. My sister's doctor (also at Shady Grove) called her day of her retrival to see how she was feeling but I got no such call from Dr. Garde.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be prepared to have your expectation set and wait to see her. Also check and see if your insurance is covering what costs are for out of pocket meds and then filing a claim later. Insurance rates for medication were not "discounted" and my $15,000 lifetime benefit didnt cover all drugs for the first round, which was subsequently cancelled.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachana Garde at Shady Grove Fertility?
While the care seemed personal, it was clear by the waiting time for each appointment (sometimes in excess of 30 minutes) it was clear that she reviewed my file in prep for each conversation. no problem with that- more that the time we spent waiting exceeded amount of time actually spent with the doctor. Felt like we got more from our nurse than the doctor. She also called me and left me a voicemail after her working hours to let me know that my embryos were not viable with no way to get in touch to learn more.
Describe the protocols Rachana Garde used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
When I wanted to see a new doctor due to Dr. Garde's poor bedside manner and communication style, I went with the Doctor that my sister sees and has been happy with. I was able to get in with the new doctor within a week and the transition was easy and painless.
Describe Rachana Garde's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
eSET is doctor and insurance preference
Rachana Garde
Fairfax

Don’t expect to see [Dr. Kulshrestha] much in person. Most correspondence will be through her nurse. She is thorough over the phone only if you ask her tons of questions...I have 2 cancelled IVF cycles. I feel like she is not trying to figure out “why” the cycles were cancelled. She suggest the same cycles or to move along with transferring my one and only embryo. At this point, I feel like she and nurse are giving up on me.
The billing dept at the Waldorf location [of Shady Grove Fertility] is horrible. Stay in stop of them and keep all your receipts. The Waldorf location is smaller than some of the other offices (DC And Rockville)... After monitoring appts, I’ve had to call for further instructions. They are suppose to call the patients-not the other way around...Nurse Rochelle was pretty good. I don’t have any complaints about her. She always answered all my questions in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t expect to see her much in person. Most correspondence will be through her nurse. She is thorough over the phone only if you ask her tons of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rochelle )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The billing dept at the Waldorf location is horrible. Stay in stop of them and keep all your receipts. The Waldorf location is smaller than some of the other offices (DC And Rockville). Due to the pandemic, the Waldorf location is temporarily closed which is an inconvenience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
80% covered through insurance so not too bad
Sunita Kulshrestha (retired)
Waldorf
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr O’Brien is very knowledgeable about current research and practices, sharing academic articles. She is also personally involved in her patients often making phone calls to explain results herself instead of the nurse or in addition to her...Ask any questions you have and do not hesitate...Sensitive to situation, compassionate...She encouraged eSET...We went right to IVF
Many appointment times but long wait times [at Shady Grove Fertility- Rockville] occurred very frequently despite having made appointments ahead of time. Treat you like a number for the most part- very concerned about their financials but not Very helpful when you have questions about billing etc...Dr O’Brien is very knowledgeable about current research and practices, sharing academic articles. She is also personally involved in her patients often making phone calls to explain results herself instead of the nurse or in addition to her.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask any questions you have and do not hesitate
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Sensitive to situation, compassionate
Describe the protocols Jeanne O'Brien used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We went right to IVF
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Many appointment times but long wait times occurred very frequently despite having made appointments ahead of time. Treat you like a number for the most part- very concerned about their financials but not Very helpful when you have questions about billing etc
Describe Jeanne O'Brien's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
She encouraged eSET
Jeanne O'Brien
Rockville

[Dr. Reh is] Friendly, professional, and extremely well-informed, she consistently took time to thoroughly answer our questions about what to expect throughout the process and encouraged us through some disappointing steps...We planned for 3 IUI attempts over 3 months, each with increasing levels of medication if they didn't work, before we would move to IVF.
They [Shady Grove Fertility] seem to offer a lot of options for getting timely treatment in terms of doctors and locations. There doctors seem well informed and generally proficient. But there was a lot of inconsistency between offices, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication about the details of medical history and next steps...There were also some miscommunications with our insurance company regarding genetic testing and follow-up.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was the best part of our experience with Shady Grove. Friendly, professional, and extremely well-informed, she consistently took time to thoroughly answer our questions about what to expect throughout the process and encouraged us through some disappointing steps. Fortunately, we are now pregnant with two babies. Navigating all the steps can be challenging, but absolutely worth it.
Ask lots of questions and take notes that you can refer to when following up with other doctors and staff to ensure nothing gets lost in translation.
She was always very friendly, well-informed and very informative, but sometimes that didn't always percolate down to the staff level at the Arlington office, though other office locations were seemed to be better briefed.
She had us take all the relevant tests, starting with the female, then the male. Once she determined that we had unexplained infertility, she proceeded with genetic testing. We planned for 3 IUI attempts over 3 months, each with increasing levels of medication if they didn't work, before we would move to IVF. The first IUI was unsuccessful. Prior to the second attempt, I was prescribed Letrozole. Following the second attempt, I become pregnant with fraternal twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The original one was relatively well intentioned, but didn't communicate thoroughly or consistently with what we discussed with the doctor. She also miscommunicated about a chemical pregnancy, indicating that it was a normal pregnancy without confirmation. There were also some miscommunications with our insurance company regarding genetic testing and follow-up.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They seem to offer a lot of options for getting timely treatment in terms of doctors and locations. There doctors seem well informed and generally proficient. But there was a lot of inconsistency between offices, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication about the details of medical history and next steps. Arlington had the biggest challenges, but the other offices were much better. Once we switched to the Fairfax Office, the communication improved and the process went much more smoothly.
Insurance covered most of the steps until IUI, which was $1800 per round, which we paid out of pocket. We also had to pay for a genetic testing out of pocket that wasn't covered by my husband's insurance, which was $350 (I believe through a discount program)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Mostly when coordinating with the Arlington office, the nurse/staff either did have accurate information from the doctor, did not communicate accurate information to us or other offices or didn't follow-through on next steps without prompting. The Fairfax office was generally more reliable, but there was still some inconsistency with all the shuffling between locations, doctors and staff.
Arlington

He gave us a realistic expectation, that it would take a few transfers to get a sticky embryo. ... One thing I struggle with is getting a thick lining and he changed up my medicine protocol unlike my previous doctor who just kept doing the same drugs and said I had a naturally thin lining. Dr. Mottla was able to get my lining at a 9. We've really enjoyed working with him. ... I know he has lots of patients and he's always been super compassionate and positive.
I've never had to wait that long at every appointment. Because its so big they work like a machine and are very organized and efficient when you are there. ... I was also able to do some monitoring at my GYNO locally and my doctors worked very nicely with them. ... We paid 30,000 for a package that includes 2 retrievals, as many transfers as we want and covers some PGS testing. ... Efficient well oiled machine. [monitoring appointments]
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
He gave us a realistic expectation, that it would take a few transfers to get a sticky embryo. We've had two transfers and still lost them both. One thing I struggle with is getting a thick lining and he changed up my medicine protocol unlike my previous doctor who just kept doing the same drugs and said I had a naturally thin lining. Dr. Mottla was able to get my lining at a 9. We've really enjoyed working with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
Shady grove is a huge practice and the doctors are spread thin; however, when you are with your Doctor they give you 100 percent attention. I recommend CCing him on every email back and forth with nurses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
I know he has lots of patients and he's always been super compassionate and positive. Eager to find a solution.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Townsend)
I haven't particularly loved my nurse at Shady Grove. My nurse at UNC fertility seemed to work around the clock. The nurses at shady grove check out and do not communicate via email or phone past 4pm (mon-Fri).
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I've loved the facilities, rockville and Annapolis. I've never had to wait that long at every appointment. Because its so big they work like a machine and are very organized and efficient when you are there. They are very knowledgeable and current with knew technologies and studies.
Efficient well oiled machine. We live in Raleigh so I would fly in and out same day and they always accommodated me. I was also able to do some monitoring at my GYNO locally and my doctors worked very nicely with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility.
We paid 30,000 for a package that includes 2 retrievals, as many transfers as we want and covers some PGS testing. Some tests are partially covered by insurance or we had to pay our deductible. Our medicines are very expensive and not covered through insurance and one thing that does frustrate me is that they over prescribe.
Describe Gilbert Mottla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I haven't found a doctor that is pro multiple embryo transfer. Everyone has said its too dangerous.
Gilbert Mottla

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Egg retrieval treatment protocol [with Dr. Arthur Sagoskin] included birth control for almost three weeks. Then we did 900 IU Gonal-F plus 150 ml of Menopur everyday for 12 days as I have a slightly higher FSH and a middle of the road AMH. The Menopur was increased to 225 in the last three or four days because my follicles needed a little extra boost to get to the desired size (they were kinda stuck around 18mm-20mm). Cetrotide was given at day 5 or 6 for the rest of the stimulation cycle to keep me from ovulating. HCG was used for the trigger, and I took an (crazy) antibiotic the day before my retrieval.
You do not see the doctor enough [at Shady Grove Fertility- Rockville]. For as much as these procedures cost, you'd think you'd see your doctor at least once during your monitoring. But you don't. You see other doctors who someones come in to help you understand your monitoring. The billing department is literally impossible to deal with. It doesn't matter if you contract says specifically what they will and won't cover based on your fee, if they have another list (a list you haven't been provided) that says your fee doesn't cover a particular service - even if that service seems completely logical to the IVF process (not something special), you will be charged extra. That said, their shared risk program is pretty amazing if you think you have a chance of not getting pregnant on your first try.
How was your experience with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Overall, I like him. If someone were to go to Shady Grove, I'd recommend him. My problems are more with how the clinic is run as a whole (which as a founding doctor of the clinic, I guess means that I disagree with Dr. Sagoskin's approach in that regard.)
Write down all your questions beforehand. Do not leave until you've had them all answered. He is willing to answer, but you have to ask.
We first starting meeting with Dr. Sagoskin a few years ago but my husband really didn't like his bedside manner. I kind of didn't care, but he did somewhat treat us like a number in our first consultation with him. Plus, Shady Grove is quite expensive so we tried a different doctor/clinic for our first round, which proved unsuccessful. We decided to come back to Shady Grove and meet again with Dr. Sagoskin. It was like he was a different person. He was warm, he answered all our questions, we didn't feel rushed. He was great, and has been great when it comes to the side of making us feel "human" since we started seeing him again in 2018.
Egg retrieval treatment protocol included birth control for almost three weeks. Then we did 900 IU Gonal-F plus 150 ml of Menopur everyday for 12 days as I have a slightly higher FSH and a middle of the road AMH. The Menopur was increased to 225 in the last three or four days because my follicles needed a little extra boost to get to the desired size (they were kinda stuck around 18mm-20mm). Cetrotide was given at day 5 or 6 for the rest of the stimulation cycle to keep me from ovulating. HCG was used for the trigger, and I took an (crazy) antibiotic the day before my retrieval. (That thing was terrible and gave me the worst stomach cramps and diarrhea.) Egg retrieval resulted in 8 eggs, of which only 6 were mature. 5 eggs were fertilized, but only 2 made it to day 5. I began using Endomentrin progesterone inserts 3 times per day, the day after the retrieval through the transfer and up until the pregnancy test. I also took Estrace (Estradiol) daily. One embryo was transferred, and the other was frozen. The fresh transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test 13 days later. The frozen embryo transfer treatment protocol: I began with birth control for two weeks, after which I began taking Estrace (Estradiol) three times per day. On day 16, after they checked my uterine lining which was 12mm, I began using 1mL of progesterone oil once every three days. I also started Endometrin inserts twice daily. On day six of injecting and inserting progesterone, I had one frozen embryo transferred that used assisted hatching. That was yesterday so I will have to update in 13 days as to the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
Initially I was no pleased with the nursing/care coordinators in Dr. Sagoskin's staff. They seemed annoyed by questions or overwhelmed by patient load. At one point I was foisted off of one care coordinator who abruptly left the office for another one in the Shady Grove family, and I had no one helping me, which was super frustrating because I was starting my first fresh cycle with Shady Grove in two weeks. Finally, I got frustrated and worried about some medication issues I was having and went straight to the clinic without and appointment, requesting to see Tina (as she had been my sort-of contact without actually having been assigned my case.) She took care of me, she was kind and patient. She got me some samples when I ran out of medication and she listened to me when I told her how scared I was about all the costs running up. I had spent so much money and didn't know what to do. She helped. Then she gave me her direct number and told me that she was officially adding me as her patient, that way there would be no more confusion. Tina has been amazing.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
You do not see the doctor enough. For as much as these procedures cost, you'd think you'd see your doctor at least once during your monitoring. But you don't. You see other doctors who someones come in to help you understand your monitoring. The billing department is literally impossible to deal with. It doesn't matter if you contract says specifically what they will and won't cover based on your fee, if they have another list (a list you haven't been provided) that says your fee doesn't cover a particular service - even if that service seems completely logical to the IVF process (not something special), you will be charged extra. That said, their shared risk program is pretty amazing if you think you have a chance of not getting pregnant on your first try. Keep in mind, though, that the shared risk program does not cover the injection class (even though it is not stated in the contract that it is not covered, and since it is held at the clinic by clinic staff, should logically be covered by the shared risk program). Also, meeting with your doctor after a failed IVF cycle under the shared risk program to discuss next steps (also seems like a necessary visit that should logically be included in the cost) is also NOT covered in the shared risk program. So basically, you pay your $20,000+ and still have to pay extra to see your doctor throughout your failed attempts. That's super annoying. A strength, though, is that they do have very good medication specialists to figure out your medication coverage through insurance. My first fresh cycle with Shady Grove was with a different health insurance, so it wasn't covered. However, my insurance changed and they have been appealing my insurance denials, and winning! So, if I need to go through another fresh cycle, I will probably have much smaller payments for medication. Fingers crossed. Their care coordinators are great and incredibly responsive.
The costs for diagnosis were pretty expensive, especially since some weren't covered by insurance. Many were, but most weren't. And if you lapse by three years, you have to redo everything. Semen analysis is $150/time. My husband has had to do this four times. The female diagnosis (mock embryo and HSG were...$800(?) with Shady Grove). The medication costs for egg retrieval were nearly $6000. The Shared Risk Program was $19,500.
He has told me flat out that he will not transfer more than one embryo for me. I do not know his stance on multiple embryo transfer in general, but he said that I was too thin to chance having multiples. (I'm not that thin. I'm 5'7" and weigh 140lbs.) This is one of the few issues I've had personally with Dr. Sagoskin as this wasn't even allowed a discussion.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Again, the billing department is difficult. They keep charging me for things that should be covered under the Shared Risk program contract, like meeting with my doctor to go over next steps after a failed cycle, and the injection class which our care coordinator said we needed to take. The front desk has also failed to check me into my monitoring appointments TWICE. I've sat in the waiting room for a half hour watching all these people go through who have come in much later than me. It wasn't until I went and asked if I had come to my appointment early, that they went "Oh! So sorry, you weren't checked in. We'll figure that out right now." So an appointment early in the morning that usually only takes 30 minutes from check in to check out is now over an hour. Not great when you need to get to work on time.
Rockville

Dr Levens spent a lot of time with my husband and I during the few consultations we had with him. He answered every question we had and was empathetic to the difficult time we were going through. I built trust for him over the process of our IVF cycle since I saw that he intervened when it was important to do so and made sure to call or email during critical times.... Dr Levens is a good doctor and wants to do best for his patients. He is open to listening if you want to try something new or tweak your protocol
The clinic does feel like a factory.... Shady grove has good results and Dr Levens is a good doctor so I am willing to deal with being a number in the system of the larger operation if it gets us closer to our goal and I continue to speak up for myself.... The first nurse seemed unavailable and annoyed with my questions and follow-up. At one point when the lab did not run all of my tests and I needed to go back, my nurse would not rerun the script for the tests I needed
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Levens is a good doctor and wants to do best for his patients. He is open to listening if you want to try something new or tweak your protocol within the parameters of what is safe and reasonable. Make sure to advocate for yourself and speak up when you feel necessary.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Leven's was very empathetic toward my husband and I and was always there when it was important. He counseled us during a traumatic early loss which required methotrexate to resolve. I did, however, feel that the larger Shady Grove operation made me feel more like a number than a human compared to my previous clinic. But Dr Levens made it worth staying.
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We did one IVF cycle with Dr Levens. He did an antagonist protocol with the highest doses of Gonal F (450) and a medium dose of Menopur based on my AMH and FSH. He also had prior information from my first cycle we undertook at a different clinic with a different Dr (GW) and tweaked my protocol based on the outcome of my first cycle. The one thing that I asked him about and he rightly investigated was sperm factor issues. The first clinic did not follow-up on the male side after our embryos stopped growing after day 3 on the first cycle. Dr Levens recommended a sperm DNA fragmentation test for my spouse and it came back with a large percentage of fragmentation even though his standard test parameters all came back normal. The DNA fragmentation test is not a part of the standard work up for men during their fertility testing. We were coached on a number of things we could do to try and improve it. We think some of those things helped. We got better results with Dr Levens in terms of the number of 5 day blasts we ended up with vs the first clinic (4 vs 0). We have yet to achieve a viable pregnancy but I have no doubt he will do everything in his power to try and help us get there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
We had two nurses. The first nurse seemed unavailable and annoyed with my questions and follow-up. At one point when the lab did not run all of my tests and I needed to go back, my nurse would not rerun the script for the tests I needed, as the first one was outdated. She said I could just cross off the labs I didn't need instead of her generating a new script. I took this as either laziness or maybe patient overload. I got to the lab and told the phlebotomist that my nurse told me to just cross of the labs I didn't need and she looked at me dumbfounded that any nurse would tell their patient to do that. She said it was a legal document and I couldn't just cross off tests and that she would need to draw the blood for all of the tests again. When I told Dr Levens about this he assigned me to a new nurse. The new nurse, whom I'm rating here, I don't feel has always provided sufficient explanations of the process and seems to always tell me what I can't do instead of being on my team and helping me to make it happen. I've had to go around her to schedule appointments. And when I was waiting for directions on my trigger shot, and was told by clinic staff that it would be sometime that evening, I waited and waited and no one called that evening even as their closing time approached. I called the helpdesk line 5 mins to closing and they told me my nurse was out on leave and they'd get another nurse to call within 10 mins. And if they didn't call within 10 mins to call their desk line back. Well, no one called in 10 mins and when I called the deskline back it was no longer functioning because it was after 5- their closing time. At this point, I was in a panic thinking the entire cycle was ruined because I wouldn't have done the trigger shot on time. I wrote Dr Levens asking what to do and he wrote back right away, and someone called shortly after. No one explained the process to me nor did my nurse give me a heads up that she was on leave and who to contact or who would be reaching out and when. I also didn't get the sense that she understands the gravity of what women go through every day in this process and feels more annoyed than empathetic when you are trying to make difficult decisions and sometimes you change your mind. Part of this I believe is the way shady grove is structured and the number of patients each nurse covers. I have heard this isn't the case for all of the nurses, but it has felt like it for me with the two who have been assigned to us.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic does feel like a factory. At the smaller clinic I went to for the first cycle it was more intimate and everyone knew you. You could reach out to a number of different people if anything went wrong or you had questions. And some of the staff had experienced fertility treatments themselves so they spoke to you in a way that was healing and understanding. Shady grove has good results and Dr Levens is a good doctor so I am willing to deal with being a number in the system of the larger operation if it gets us closer to our goal and I continue to speak up for myself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility.
We purchased the shared risk program at $22k and medications are all out of pocket costing $5k each fresh cycle.
Describe Eric Levens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr Levens recommends the appropriate number of embryos for transfer based on age, embryo quality, and past cycles. He recommended a transfer of two embryos for our FET (to happen in a few months) after the first round with one embryo ended in a chemical pregnancy and I am turning 37.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I've explained in earlier sections
Eric Levens