6.9

13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770

2010 - 2013, Successful
They [Shady Grove Fertility] did a nice job dealing with the insurance and let us know what we might have to pay for and how to get our drugs from insurance.Very helpful with scheduling appointments...Wish she [Dr. Osborn] had looked at why I couldn't do this on my own but on the whole she is a kind and caring doctor. In the end I did get the one thing I wanted... and then some. My twins are here because of her...We planned an IUI. She watched and my eggs took a long time to grow so lots of extra FSH shots. We had success on our first try...always felt like to goal was to just have a baby .. not to find out why I couldn't get pregnant on my own
How was your experience with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Wish she had looked at why I couldn't do this on my own but on the whole she is a kind and caring doctor. In the end I did get the one thing I wanted... and then some. My twins are here because of her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask why you can't get pregnant on your own... there are other medical issues from infertility
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Barbara Osborn used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They did a nice job dealing with the insurance and let us know what we might have to pay for and how to get our drugs from insurance.Very helpful with scheduling appointments..............................
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility.
this was back in the day when insurance plans covered things.... I paid almost nothing
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
No nothing
Barbara Osborn
Washington DC
2006 - 2012, Successful
My second cycle was three days after my 35th birthday. Dr. Yagizi convinced me that I had to go with three embryos because I was of advanced maternal age, even if only by 3 days. And it was my second try. Thankfully I only ended up with twins. I liked all of the advice and treatments until I hyperstimulated and was hospitalized. That was awful and I had to have all the fluid drained four times!... I really liked Dr. Yagizi, but Dr. Katz was the doctor I usually saw and although I was able to have twins, I was hyperstimulated so badly for the second cycle that I had to be hospitalized for a week. That didn't give me a ton of confidence in them.
Check their [SGF- Towson] hyperstimulation rate. The doctors and nurses were great, but I think the treatment was way too aggressive considering they retrieved 21 eggs from just one ovary. Dr. Katz was great with giving me advice when I came in and he recommended going straight to IVF since I only had one ovary so my insurance would cover that. I do think he was misleading however when he explained the process because I was surprised he insisted on a second fresh retrieval for my second IVF even though I had plenty of frozen. I didn't understand that fresh was so much more effective than frozen.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Make sure you don't get hyperstimulated!
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Check their hyperstimulation rate. The doctors and nurses were great, but I think the treatment was way too aggressive considering they retrieved 21 eggs from just one ovary. Dr. Katz was great with giving me advice when I came in and he recommended going straight to IVF since I only had one ovary so my insurance would cover that. I do think he was misleading however when he explained the process because I was surprised he insisted on a second fresh retrieval for my second IVF even though I had plenty of frozen. I didn't understand that fresh was so much more effective than frozen.
Ricardo Yazigi (retired)
Towson

2011 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Osheroff was detailed and supportive of us. He is not overly emotional but was very informational. ... Shady Grove and Dr. Osheroff are strongly committed to the eSET philosophy, but ultimately it was our decision. ... Don’t expect him to be super emotional and listen to his advise. ... your contact with your doctor is limited by having to see other physicians when you are required to do most of the IVF procedures at the main clinic. ...
In my opinion Shady Grove is a numbers oriented practice, but you should not let that discourage you from seeking treatment as the standard of care is high. Every step of our treatment was ultimately our decision and we were respected. ... The entire staff in Columbia were warm and supportive. ... Shady Grove and Dr. Osheroff are strongly committed to the eSET philosophy, but ultimately it was our decision.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Osheroff was detailed and supportive of us. He is not overly emotional but was very informational. The worst part of the process at Shady Grove is that your contact with your doctor is limited by having to see other physicians when you are required to do most of the IVF procedures at the main clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t expect him to be super emotional and listen to his advise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility?
The entire staff in Columbia were warm and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff is the best part of the Columbia office, and frankly they are the ones you have the most contact with due to your daily monitoring.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Fresh IVF cycle was around $19,000. Our yearly cryo for the 7 extra embryos we froze is $650/year.
Describe Joseph Osheroff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Joseph Osheroff
Columbia
2009 - 2012, Unknown Success
I thought he [Dr. Mottla] was very understanding and I liked his approach to things. He was a good listener. He talked through the options carefully and did not discourage me from skipping IUI (due to being age 41) and going straight to IVF...He was great, but the nurse who I mostly worked with was a bit scattered and did not communicate as well as I would have liked... I did not like that they required a meeting with a psychologist that THEY chose.
I don't have any concerns about this clinic. [Shady Grove - Annapolis] I used it because it was convenient. I did not like that they required a meeting with a psychologist that THEY chose. That person wanted to charge $250, but I talked with someone I know who charged less than half of that...He [Dr Mollta] was great, but the nurse who I mostly worked with was a bit scattered and did not communicate as well as I would have liked...about $13,000 or $14,000 for one IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
I thought he was very understanding and I liked his approach to things. He was a good listener. He talked through the options carefully and did not discourage me from skipping IUI (due to being age 41) and going straight to IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
She seemed a bit scattered and it wasn't always clear to me what was coming next.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I don't have any concerns about this clinic. I used it because it was convenient. I did not like that they required a meeting with a psychologist that THEY chose. That person wanted to charge $250, but I talked with someone I know who charged less than half of that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility.
I paid about $3,000 for medications, plus about $13,000 or $14,000 for one IVF cycle. I can't recall the exact total.
Gilbert Mottla
Annapolis
2009 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Saffan] is a straight shooter.... he will tell the truth and give you all the info to make your decisions. He spoke with me and my husband and explained all of my challenges and how to overcome them. In the end I had to readjust my diet and loose weight to have a better result for another possible IUI... He spoke to me yet I am a complicated case. He handled himself well.... The staff [Shady Grove- Annandale] was great they got to know me by name.
It [Shady Grove - Annandale] was welcoming and friendly and soothing. I was comfortable and welcomed. My husband was uncomfortable but when we came in to the office a lot of his concerns eased. I had to come back multiple time alone and it was always welcoming. The staff was great they got to know me by name....he [Dr. Saffan] will tell the truth and give you all the info to make your decisions.... He handled himself well.
How was your experience with David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is a straight shooter.... he will tell the truth and give you all the info to make your decisions. He spoke with me and my husband and explained all of my challenges and how to overcome them. In the end I had to readjust my diet and loose weight to have a better result for another possible IUI
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility?
Please be willing to hear the truth.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility?
He spoke to me yet I am a complicated case. He handled himself well.
Describe the protocols David Saffan used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I forgot I am so sorry
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes)
Very good and communicable
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It was welcoming and friendly and soothing. I was comfortable and welcomed. My husband was uncomfortable but when we came in to the office a lot of his concerns eased. I had to come back multiple time alone and it was always welcoming. The staff was great they got to know me by name.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance paid for most of my expenses so all I had to pay for was my copay and medicines
Describe David Saffan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
David Saffan