6.9

13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770

2020 - 2022, Successful
I really enjoyed working with Dr. Malik. From the very first appointment she outlined the options available to me and we created a game plan. When our initial plan did not work, we discussed a change in course and she listened to my concerns...Even though I did not see or speak to Dr. Malik every single time I was in the office for misc. appointments I always knew that my questions via the portal would be answered quickly...
Someone always answered the phones when I called which may sound minor but given my experience with other medical practices was a welcome change. Everyone was courteous and informed...The only weakness regarding the front desk staff is that I received inconsistent pricing for my IUI...Whenever she could, she would give me samples from the doctors office to help with costs. The duo of Dr. Malik and Patrice made this process easy.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
I really enjoyed working with Dr. Malik. From the very first appointment she outlined the options available to me and we created a game plan. When our initial plan did not work, we discussed a change in course and she listened to my concerns. I had 2-3 virtual appointments with Dr. Malik. She called me after major milestones and conducted my egg transfer. I had no issues with the practice's set-up (i.e. most day-to-day communications occurring through nurses and inseminations occurring with NP/other physicians). Even though I did not see or speak to Dr. Malik every single time I was in the office for misc. appointments I always knew that my questions via the portal would be answered quickly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be honest with her about your wishes. She listens and will respond accordingly. If you don't tell her, she can't help you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She always took the time to answer my questions which were plentiful and I never felt rushed through our appointments. She knew the facts of my case and I did not have to remind her about specifics.
Describe the protocols Shruti Malik used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I am a single mother by choice and my initial tests (Fall 2020) came back fine so we started out with unmedicated IUIs. I wanted to avoid pumping my body with meds if possible. I had planned on stopping the journey if I was unsuccessful after 3 IUIs. The second IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After the third IUI I re-evaluated my options with Dr. Malik and decided that I did in fact want to keep going. I even decided that I would attempt a 4th IUI. If that was unsuccessful then I would switch to IVF, which I did. With the first stim cycle the objective was to have me on the lowest level meds possible. Sadly, my body did not respond to the meds so the cycle had to be cancelled. I was an emotional wreck and knew I only had 1 more cycle in me. Thus, I asked that she max me out to the highest level of meds that was safe to give me the best chance. She agreed and we did that for the second stim cycle. My body did respond and we ended up with 3 embryos. 1 was transferred fresh and 2 other were frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Smith)
I adored Patrice. I had so many questions during the process that she promptly responded to. She had a great bedside manner. Even when her phone calls delivered bad news she would take her time to listen to me offer her insight on the process. When I transitioned to IVF I was concerned about the cost of the medications. Whenever she could, she would give me samples from the doctors office to help with costs. The duo of Dr. Malik and Patrice made this process easy.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Someone always answered the phones when I called which may sound minor but given my experience with other medical practices was a welcome change. Everyone was courteous and informed. I enjoyed the fact that there were multiple offices I could visit based upon my schedule and availability. I split my time between Fair Oaks, which was opened Monday through Friday and handled my monitoring appointments, and Fairfax, which was opened on the weekends and handled inseminations/IVF procedures. I received the same high level of care at both offices. The only weakness regarding the front desk staff is that I received inconsistent pricing for my IUI. I had to pay out of pocket and it seemed like the staff was not used to this, thus I would be quoted between $200 - $250. I would just budget $250 and if it was less it would be a bonus to me. The finance department had some weakness as well. They were a bit slow to respond (compared to the speed of the nurses) and sometimes their explanations were unclear. However, I had heard that same complaint from others before I began working with the finance department so knowing that was the case I stayed on top of them. In the end, that weakness was insignificant to me in the grand scheme of things.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility.
$200-$250 per IUI $20K IVF procedure $7-10K IVF meds
Describe Shruti Malik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. Malik's position was that it best to transfer one embryo at a time due to the medical risks associated with multiples pregnancy. I was fine with this as I had no desire to have multiples.

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Reh] clearly understood emotions were involved in our decision making process. She was patient as we took our time to decide next steps, changed our minds and was very reassuring with all of our concerns...She increased our letrizole dosage to help increase chances for pregnancy by having multiple eggs produced at once. She was always careful not to over stimulate. We also tried chlomid upon our own request and desire to try other ovulation stimulating medication. And finally she was a pro at our IVF...
The nurses [at Shady Grove Fertility] were extremely responsive to questions about the treatment. They not only provided detailed answers that were easy to follow, but they were very quick to respond...once you get to your first treatment, the place runs like a well oiled machine. Communication through the portal is extremely efficient and the pharmacy recommendations are phenomenal. Appointments are easy to schedule...
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I could not have asked for a better doctor. Fertility treatment is always challenging, but Dr. Reh made the process easier. She was extremely patient and excellent at making sure to address all of our concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Follow the process and be patient because fertility treatment takes time (after all, one cycle is a minimum of 28 days).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
She clearly understood emotions were involved in our decision making process. She was patient as we took our time to decide next steps, changed our minds and was very reassuring with all of our concerns..
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
She increased our letrizole dosage to help increase chances for pregnancy by having multiple eggs produced at once. She was always careful not to over stimulate. We also tried chlomid upon our own request and desire to try other ovulation stimulating medication. And finally she was a pro at our IVF. She carefully adjusted the medication for optimal results (maximizing the number of developed eggs at the same time) and we had resounding success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tammy, Brittany, Rachel)
The nurses were extremely responsive to questions about the treatment. They not only provided detailed answers that were easy to follow, but they were very quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It takes a while to enter the system in terms of registering and initial testing. But once you get to your first treatment, the place runs like a well oiled machine. Communication through the portal is extremely efficient and the pharmacy recommendations are phenomenal. Appointments are easy to schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance only covered initial diagnostic treatment. The fertility treatment itself was out-of-pocket, though the clinic did give information on financial resources if needed.
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We did PGT-A testing and therefore only did a single embryo transfer.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge...Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer...That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer...she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff....
Lana was our nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance...Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We did not see Dr. Reh personally many times. I met her in person twice - once for a saline sonogram and once for our final ultrasound. However, we had a virtual consult and several phone calls to discuss our options and treatment plan. I know some might have a problem with not seeing their doctor personally for every appointment, but I never felt like there was any lost information or miscommunication. Her treatment plan as described was being carried out every time.
Be able to discuss your history in detail during the consult. She had not reviewed my records in detail, but once I explained our background in about 10 minutes of our 60 minute consult, she was able to talk to us about our previous cycles. Just understand that she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff.
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge. Although we had additional embryos for use at another location (which we couldn't access due to COVID), she said she was going to treat us like we only had one. She recommended an ERA - something our previous clinic didn't advise, but we were interested in.
We came to Dr. Reh's office following treatment at 2 other clinics. We left the first clinic due to a move and the second clinic shut down because of a lab accident. We had one Day 6 tested embryo available to us to use for a frozen transfer. Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer, which our previous clinic did not support until at least two failed transfers. That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer. I obviously do not know what would have happened had we not done that ERA, but our first transfer was successful and we are currently pregnant with identical twins. We are certainly very satisfied with the outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana Truong)
Lana was our nurse and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance. She always remembered how we prefer communication depending on the day. The most important thing she did was adjust our Frozen Embryo Transfer on the fly. We had a thyroid test come back too high, and I was uncomfortable with proceeding with transfer assuming that a medication adjustment would make it alright to transfer in time. She changed everything within 15 minutes of our baseline appointment and set up a new transfer in 20 minutes with minimal delay to our transfer and no cancellation or change charges to us. Our experience with Lana is the biggest reason that we continue to recommend Shady Grove to friends seeking fertility care.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Our financial coordinator Melissa was also a critical part of our positive experience at Shady Grove. Melissa actually worked with our insurance company directly and ensured that we did not pay one cent outside the global fee for the transfer - and we have a very frustrating insurance provider. We never waited more than a few hours for a response and she often replied to me after business hours. Shady Grove has multiple clinics across the country. I would say that a weakness is that you can never guarantee you will have your personal reproductive endocrinologist at any given appointment, including egg retrievals or transfers if that matters to you. That means that you really have to be comfortable seeing many different people. While we didn't experience this personally, there are too many people who struggle with their financial counselors and it seems like systemic failing in their system overall. Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
We paid for the Global Frozen Embryo Transfer Fee with the Military Discount. It was $3910 and insurance covered all medications. That was the only thing we paid. Our financial counselor let us know that Shady Grove was raising their prices in a few days and advised us to pay early, which saved us several hundred dollars.
We did not have multiple embryos to transfer, so this was not an option for us.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval [with Dr. Reh], and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
SGF is a very large clinic, which comes with advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages I experienced was my doctor presenting my case to her colleagues to get additional feedback. She came back with other recommendations for us to consider in my treatment. Of the disadvantages, the biggest one, for me, was that major procedures (retrieval and transfer) will be performed by doctors you don't know. I never had a bad experience with a doctor, but for people want their doctor for every procedure, it might not be possible.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is a very good doctor. She showed a lot of compassion for me as I was going through treatment and hit a lot of road blocks. She was also willing to try different approaches/med protocols when the typical approach didn't work for me. She also presented my case to her colleagues to get others feedback, which I feel like shows a lot of humility and willingness to go beyond to figure out what would work for me. Even though we got pregnant without IVF, Dr. Reh and her colleagues gave me the diagnosis and connected me to a surgeon who was able to help us and is probably the reason we got pregnant.
Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask about alternative approaches.
Dr. Reh was my doctor for about 2 years. I saw her very frequently in the Arlington office, even for lining checks and smaller check-ins. She definitely got to know me and always took time to ask me about myself. She also was very kind around giving bad news, and she gave me some good pep talks when we hit some road blocks.
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval, and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Wills)
The nursing staff were so excellent. I do not have enough good things to say about Ashley and the others at the Arlington office. They really made me feel like they were on my team. It was a bit bittersweet to "graduate" and say good bye.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I thought monitoring appointments were efficiently run. I frequently saw my primary doctor during these appointments. This was a benefit to the Arlington office. I also had the same nurses and techs at most appointments, so it was a comfortable experience.
I did SGF's Shared Risk Program with PGS. It was $19,500 + $5,000 for PGS. That included up to 6 retrievals and all FETs.
We never discussed anything other than an eSET. I would not have wanted to transfer multiple.
Arlington

We found the Ballston office [of Shady Grove Fertility] to be ideal for frequent appointments because it was smaller and less hectic than the other offices. For weekend monitoring, we recommend K St over Fairfax for the same reasons....[cost]~$25K for risk-sharing program for IVF...We highly recommend Dr. Reh and the nursing team at the SGF Ballston office.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We highly recommend Dr. Reh and the nursing team at the SGF Ballston office. Undiagnosed infertility and multiple miscarriages is a frustrating path. Dr. Reh brings both the experience (CRITICAL to have a team with a ton of reps when undergoing fertility treatments), as well as a straightforward, pragmatic approach to working with her patients. She took the time to fully explain our options and the data at every turn and was thoughtful and personally responsive when we had questions or things didn't go as planned. Dr. Reh supported our decision making without sugar coating nor being too hands off, and ultimately helped us with a successful IVF pregnancy.
Always reach out with questions or concerns, she's very responsive. SGF is great, because you 100% want the experience, but recognize the different teams that you have to communicate with (finance, nursing, clinical trial, genomics). Sometimes things can get confusing which leads to frustration if you don't recognize that.
IUI - 5 cycles. Low dose clomid w/ 2-3 follicle development. One of the cycles added gonal-F and had to cancel due to producing 5+ mature follicles. 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 negative tests. Final cycle was IVF with genetic testing and frozen transfer of 1 embryo. Hormone doses for egg retrieval were fairly conservative due to overreaction during IUI cycles, but unexpectedly lead to low egg retrieval (8) because one ovary did not respond. Result 2 viable embryos, successful singleton pregnancy with 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Brocato)
All excellent, responsive, and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We found the Ballston office to be ideal for frequent appointments because it was smaller and less hectic than the other offices. For weekend monitoring, we recommend K St over Fairfax for the same reasons.
~$25K for risk-sharing program for IVF. IUI was covered by insurance.
Strongly recommended single for us due to no diagnosed conditions and history of getting pregnant (but miscarrying).

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Malik is extremely sweet and personable. She explained our situation in a very warm and caring way. She gave her professional opinion on the situation, but also gave us options so we could choose how we wanted to proceed. We never felt pressured or swayed to do one thing or another...I felt that I was always aware of what was coming next, even the first time around...
The Nursing Staff [at Shady Grove Fertility] were extremely caring and warm. They were quick to respond to any questions I had, and quick to help find answers or something I was needing - there was one time I was low on one of the injections and it was going to be difficult to get within the time I needed it, they were able to secure the injection for me right then and there, no questions asked....
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Malik was amazing every step of the way during both IVF processes and procedures. I felt that I was always aware of what was coming next, even the first time around. I would most certainly recommend Dr. Malik and her team to anyone having pregnancy difficulties.
Go in with an open mind. There are all kinds of factors that go into getting pregnant and all kinds of reasons why you're not getting pregnant. Take all the Tests. Take in all of the Results. And, ask lots of questions!
Our issues were on the male side. We did the Egg Retrieval with the injection of the sperm into the egg to fertilize the egg. We ended up with 2 Very Highly Rated Embryos that way and both lead to successful pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Marci & Maritza)
The Nursing Staff were extremely caring and warm. They were quick to respond to any questions I had, and quick to help find answers or something I was needing - there was one time I was low on one of the injections and it was going to be difficult to get within the time I needed it, they were able to secure the injection for me right then and there, no questions asked.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Clinic was amazing. I was always greeted nicely when I came in and a super friendly, we'll see you next time, when I left. The facilities were very clean and quite, so you could just breathe and relax, it was completely stress free outside the unknowns and the reasons you're there!
Dr. Malik and her team were completely upfront about the costs involved and what our insurance covered and didn't cover... Anytime we had a question about the finances, they were very quick to respond!
We only did single embryo transfers because we were advised if we did transfer multiple, it was a risk for multiple babies (I was 38 the first time, then almost 40 for the second), so my age was higher risk too, or one could cancel out the other and end up with no pregnancy.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Embryo Freezing
3 cycles with different protocols [with Dr. Reh]. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos...Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly...She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment...genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome.
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable...SGF Arlington is full of friendly staff from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and providers. SGF Fairfax is convenient but too big to feel like family. They also seemed to have higher turnover because I rarely saw the same staff members and they seemed less personal. I appreciated the convenience and weekend appts at fairfax though.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Reh is genuine, approachable and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her. She saw me for most of my appts and gave me clear expectations of the plan for treatment. She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment.
Start sooner than later with IVF and go with Dr Rey because she knows her stuff!
Dr Rey genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome. Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly.
3 cycles with different protocols. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Westin)
I LOVED Ashley. She was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable and went above and beyond to meet my needs every single time!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Treatment was costly as it is for most infertility treatment but it was worth it and the clinic was professional with smooth communication through the portal.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Reh ws patient and took the time to answer all my questions. She was compassionate; she was reassuring and understood my concerns and the impact of bad news. She became our guide through this process, someone we trust to tell us what to expect and what we should do...Dr. Reh was very professional, she explained everything, she provided the information we asked for.
Their [Shady Grove Fertility] staff and facility interior design is excellent. Everyone knows your name and is courteous. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the waiting room, but it is a nice waiting room and guess what, you're not alone! A lot of other women are going through the same thing...Dr. Reh was very professional, she explained everything, she provided the information we asked for. She also understood how we were feeling at the time. As news came through, she showed compassion and in a way held our hand through the process.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask all the questions you need and know that you can trust.
I went through three cycles. The first includes a lot of tests and is obviously tougher as a first time. I do not recall the specifics at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina Brocato was my IVF (own egg) nurse)
Cristina Brocato was so lovely that I actually miss her. Wish now in pregnancy I had her to offer her kind instructions!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Their staff and facility interior design is excellent. Everyone knows your name and is courteous. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the waiting room, but it is a nice waiting room and guess what, you're not alone! A lot of other women are going through the same thing.
Because of my age, we selected a Shared Risk IVF. I believe it initially cost $33,000 + all medication costs were paid from my pocket. Each cycle could cost up to an additional $5,000. We receive all our money back after a failed IVF process and had to pay an additional about $10,000 for the shared risk donor process.

2021 - 2022, 30 Eggs Frozen
Listened to him [Dr. Widra], listen to yourself, ask questions- he will answer them...Very nerdy and wants the best outcome and will share lots of numbers with you, to ensure you have all the information to understand what’s going on. He was understanding and listened to me concerns when I had any. He often went into details until I I fully understood.
[Shady Grove Fertility is] Super effective and efficient with appointments. I’ve never waited more than 5 mins. Friendly and warm and welcoming. I don’t feel like a number, they know my face and ask how I am doing and if need anything. I’m on a first name bases with the staff after 2 appointments...[nurses are] Responsive, great listeners, knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, and angels!
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Listened to him, listen to yourself, ask questions- he will answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
I was asked how I was feeling and coping by the doctor. He encouraged acupuncture which was my favorite part of this whole process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Responsive, great listeners, knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, and angels!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility.
$7,500 for one egg freezing cycle without drugs
Eric Widra
Washington DC
Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
The clinic [Shave Grove Fertility - Arlington Branch] is very organized and clean. ... I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible. ... Don't be afraid to ask any question. ... The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any question. Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment.
Dr. Reh took her time with us at every appointment. She made connections and tried to get to know us as people. She was always open to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very organized and clean. The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible.
Arlington

We had a great experience with Dr. Malik through our infertility treatment journey. She heard our issues with great patience and made honest/valuable recommendations...She performed couple of minor surgeries and all went great. I was able to conceive in October of 2019 through IVF and delivered a very healthy baby
They were absolutely fantabulous, it is not an exaggeration when I say you would never meet such an organized nurses/coordinators any where...I trust SGF, everything went really well for me from scheduling/rescheduling (the front office in FairOaks is the sweetest person I met) to getting Ultrasounds. Not much wait time in the lobby either.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
We had a great experience with Dr. Malik through our infertility treatment journey. She heard our issues with great patience and made honest/valuable recommendations. We initially saw a different Dr at SGF but later moved under Dr. Malik's care. She performed couple of minor surgeries and all went great. I was able to conceive in October of 2019 through IVF and delivered a very healthy baby in June. I would definitely recommend Dr. Malik.
If you are serious about having a baby, please see her ASAP.
We had a great experience with Dr. Malik through our infertility treatment journey. She heard our issues with great patience and made honest/valuable recommendations. We initially saw a different Dr at SGF but later moved under Dr. Malik's care. She performed couple of minor surgeries and all went great. I was able to conceive in October of 2019 through IVF and delivered a very healthy baby in June. I would definitely recommend Dr. Malik and SGF staff to anyone who are facing issues with conceiving naturally. They are super kind (Patricie, Pam Collins, Julie) and always there for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patrice and Pam Collins)
They were absolutely fantabulous, it is not an exaggeration when I say you would never meet such an organized nurses/coordinators any where. After I got pregnant, I went to a different OBGYN office. It was so different, nothing was informed to us before hand, I wished they were like SGF staff.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I trust SGF, everything went really well for me from scheduling/rescheduling (Barbara in the front office in FairOaks is the sweetest person I met) to getting Ultrasounds (Julie is the best!!). Not much wait time in the lobby either.
Fair Oaks

Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time...My main issue was a PCOS diagnosis and the fact that I was not ovulating. Since there were no other known issues, we began with the least invasive option of medicated monitored cycles/timed intercourse. After two failed cycles, I decided to do an IUI to increase my odds...
[Shady Grove Fertility] Strengths - responsiveness, apt availability, bedside manner, amazing nurses, empathic doctors, easy to use trainings/portal for messaging and support from financial team Cons - nothing that I can think of to report, I all around had a great experience...Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time. We are so grateful for our experience at SGF and feel blessed to be expecting our first child this fall.
My main issue was a PCOS diagnosis and the fact that I was not ovulating. Since there were no other known issues, we began with the least invasive option of medicated monitored cycles/timed intercourse. After two failed cycles, I decided to do an IUI to increase my odds. We are glad we did bc we came pregnant with our first IUI.