6.9

13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
We thought she [Dr. O'Brien] was a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor.... I guess my feelings are mixed. She was a wonderful person and doctor, but I also feel like she was trying to get us to spend the most amount of money.... She said "since we could get pregnant" she thought the 3 IUIS should work. If not, she would suggest IVF. After the IUIS failed she basically said all of our numbers were excellent and we should have gotten pregnant. Therefore our "chemicals do not mix" so we should do IVF with ICI.
They [Shady Grove Fertility] have a lot of people coming in and out of there. They make things as quick and painless as possible. It is great to be able to do all of the procedures in the same building with the same people. I think they could make you feel like less of a dollar sign, if anything.... We had two or three different nurses. They kept quitting, so it was hard to keep tract. The one I remember, I believe her name was Effie was very sweet and helpful.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
We thought she was a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. We did not know at the time of our first appointment that we were actually already pregnant. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a partial mole. I think she then based her recommendations on what most people do. I guess my feelings are mixed. She was a wonderful person and doctor, but I also feel like she was trying to get us to spend the most amount of money. I am sure if we ended up with a baby my story would be different though.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Take everything with a grain of salt and do your own research to be sure you are on the same page.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
She did a good job making us feel "human" at the time. Looking back, I feel like we were more of a number though. I feel like it is kind of scripted. They just want to make money, so the pick the most expensive option.
Describe the protocols Jeanne O'Brien used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They have a lot of people coming in and out of there. They make things as quick and painless as possible. It is great to be able to do all of the procedures in the same building with the same people. I think they could make you feel like less of a dollar sign, if anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility.
I know the IUIS cost $4000 as we had to get a loan. I believe our insurance covered most of the pre testing. Clomid and other medications ran about $500.
2013 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Frank Chang] was amazing. Very thorough and pleasant. Listens to me and asked for my opinion and thoughts. Treated me with respect and remembered me when I went back to him for my 3rd child. He worked with me to ensure that I would have the best success and respected my wishes even when he didn’t necessarily agree and never made me feel like I didn’t know what I was talking about. He also gave me a lot of professional courtesy bc I work in the healthcare field.
There was a lot of turnaround with nursing staff [at Shady Grove Fertility- Rockville] They were all very competent, but each time I went back for another IUI, it was a different nurse. I didn’t really care though bc I had a plan set with a Dr Chang and that’s all that mattered. The nurses just followed our plan and it worked out great...Very busy office...Sometimes I feel like it’s jist all business, but ultimately I got what I wanted from them and that’s all that mattered. The office staff, nursing staff and medical staff made me feel that way. But never Dr. Chang.
How was your experience with Frank Chang at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was amazing. Very thorough and pleasant. Listens to me and asked for my opinion and thoughts. Treated me with respect and remembered me when I went back to him for my 3rd child. He worked with me to ensure that I would have the best success and respected my wishes even when he didn’t necessarily agree and never made me feel like I didn’t know what I was talking about. He also gave me a lot of professional courtesy bc I work in the healthcare field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frank Chang at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be direct, speak your mind. Listen to him as well. He knows what he’s doing and he would never intentionally steer you the wrong way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frank Chang at Shady Grove Fertility?
He listens to me and asked for my opinion and respected my wishes/thoughts on matters. He trusted that I knew what was best for me.
Describe the protocols Frank Chang used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Straight forward IUI using Follistism to grow my follicles to approx. 20-22mm. I get the best results once my follicles are nice and big. My other doctor didn’t thing i should wait that long for my follicles to grow and therefore i had unsuccessful IUIs before i had my successful ones. Ovidrel was used to trigger my eggs. After finding which protocol worked for me, we never steered from it and it resulted in 2 more successful pregnancies that led to 2 more healthy babies for me and my husband.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
There was a lot of turnaround with nursing staff. They were all very competent, but each time I went back for another IUI, it was a different nurse. I didn’t really care though bc I had a plan set with a Dr Chang and that’s all that mattered. The nurses just followed our plan and it worked out great.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very busy office. But it’s most convenient for me. It’s the closest location to where I live. Sometimes I feel like it’s jist all business, but ultimately I got what I wanted from them and that’s all that mattered. The office staff, nursing staff and medical staff made me feel that way. But never Dr. Chang.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frank Chang at Shady Grove Fertility.
100% covered by I Durante. Only paid co-pays.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Just office staff not relating important messages to my first doctor. Dr. Esposito in the Frederick, MD office was very difficult and they wouldn’t believe me when I told them my period had started. They insisted that it couldn’t have started already. I had to call the office manager to get them to schedule a day 3 appt. And if I didn’t do that I wouldn’t have gotten pregnant with my daughter. That’s why I switched doctors midway through my IUI treatment. Dr. Esposito didn’t listen to me, didn’t respect me and treated me like I was stupid. She talked down to me even though I told her I was a nurse and I was very familiar with medical jargon and understood procedural methods.
Frank Chang

2013 - 2015, Successful
I honestly felt like Dr. Saffan treated me as he would his own daughter. He's a little rough around the edges, but he seemed to genuinely care about getting me pregnant. I couldn't imagine going through everything we did with a different doctor...Don't let his monotone way of talking turn you off! He's a super nice guy who is willing to think outside the box when it comes to your care.
Sarah [a nurse at Shady Grove - Annandale] is like a member of my family. I always knew I could call or email her and get a timely, thoughtful response! Since graduating from the clinic, we've become Facebook friends to stay up on each other's lives...There are pluses and minuses to a large clinic like Shady Grove Fertility. The negative is there can be long wait times and the waiting room is huge and constantly full. But despite the clinic's size, I never felt like a number. I never felt like I wasn't getting customized care. And I loved that I was assigned a dedicated nurse who answered all my questions -- no matter how crazy!
How was your experience with David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility?
I never had to remind Dr. Saffan who I was or what my story was. I felt like he was truly invested in my care.
Describe the protocols David Saffan used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We did too many cycles to remember all the specifics! But I very much felt like a member of Dr. Saffan's team rather than just a patient he dictated to. My questions and suggestions were taken into consideration at every stage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Conron)
Sarah is like a member of my family. I always knew I could call or email her and get a timely, thoughtful response! Since graduating from the clinic, we've become Facebook friends to stay up on each other's lives.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Saffan at Shady Grove Fertility.
I have no infertility coverage, so everything beyond diagnostics was paid for out-of-pocket.
David Saffan

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Doyle is very personable. He is kind and cares about his patients. He made a point to call when I had a chemical pregnancy and when I got pregnant came to every ultrasound until I was discharged to my OB. He has great energy and is very positive.
Shady Grove was very efficient. I was impressed with how organized they were and helped you through every aspect from financial to nursing to pharmacy for medications....I paid a copay each visit and paid for most of my medications out of pocket.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
I have recommended Dr. Doyle to a friend and would absolutely return to him if needed. Our experience with Dr. Doyle was great. He is compassionate and has empathy for his patients. He is determined to get his patients pregnant as soon and safely as possible. I think very highly of Dr. Doyle and am so glad that he was my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
You are in good hands with Dr. Doyle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Joseph Doyle used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We did 3 rounds of timed intercourse starting with Letrazole and ended with Follistim. I had previously taken Clomid for 2 cycles with my gynecologist. I did not ovulate on my own. My lining was thin on Letrazole so we switched to Follistim for the third cycle which greatly improved my lining. I also used an Ovidrel trigger, progesterone and estradiol suppositories each cycle.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.
I paid a copay each visit and paid for most of my medications out of pocket.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Widra was frank and straightforward while also being patient and understanding. He cited studies and had ample evidence to support the decisions we made. We felt well cared for working with him. He was clear and concise which appealed to me and my husband...Dr. Widra was clear and patient with us. He was very compassionate when your first pregnancy, after an IUI, ended in a missed AB...
While they[Shday Grove - DC K St] see a lot of patients, I found them still attentive to me needs. I had a pretty straightforward case however, so that might have helped...We did a two-for-a-discount cycle, though we didn't end up needing the second cycle. We received some financial aid, I think the total without medication for this was $15,000...
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions when you need to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Eric Widra used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I'm afraid I don't remember the specifics here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristal)
She was responsive and kind.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
While they see a lot of patients, I found them still attentive to me needs. I had a pretty straightforward case however, so that might have helped.
I was able to schedule for a general time, and was usually seen reasonable close to that scheduled time. If running late and I needed to get to an appointment elsewhere, they were able to accommodate my needs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Doyle was straight forward, explained my diagnosis, treatment options, which to try in what orders, and what to expect if one didn't work versus the time frame of when to move to the next. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable....He loved having all my records to review and is definitely a provider who like to review everything in detail to ensure all basic workup has been done....Communication was awesome between all departments...
VERY ORGANIZED [Shady Grove Fertility- Rockville] . I received folders from the nurse with my treatment plan and schedules and a folder from the financial counselors with price estimates and also a point of contact to email with questions in regards to treatments and policies to review my insurance. Fair wait times and very clean and organized facilities....Very responsive to emails and communicated well. Called me multiple times to check on me and make sure I was okay or needed follow up appointments. Was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions effectively.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Bring or have medical records sent in advance! He loved having all my records to review and is definitely a provider who like to review everything in detail to ensure all basic workup has been done.
Communication was awesome between all departments, I received a follow up call to ask if I received everything I needed, and had a nurse I could communicate with via email when needed.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
VERY ORGANIZED. I received folders from the nurse with my treatment plan and schedules and a folder from the financial counselors with price estimates and also a point of contact to email with questions in regards to treatments and policies to review my insurance. Fair wait times and very clean and organized facilities.
Describe Joseph Doyle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Did not seek this option with this physician.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. McClamrock] was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. .. he needs work in bedside manner...he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again...He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo....I stimulated my ovaries on follistim and menopur. I used a shot to stop ovulation and a HCG trigger shot.
Shady Grove is a very large clinic. That comes with positives and negatives. They have lots of knowledge behind them. They also can make you feel like one in about 1000. Although this can be daunting, I feel the overall success of the clinic far outweighs the negativity of it being such a large facility....I loved my nurse. She was extremely compassionate. I felt she was a good offset to the bluntness of the doctor. I cried when I “graduated” the clinic.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
As I said before, he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again. Shady Grove is a huge clinic, so I think that had something to do with the feelings I had with the clinic being so large.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
He’s blunt. Don’t take it personal. He knows his stuff, so trust him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. I am forever grateful to him because he helped us make our son, but he needs work in bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Pricilla )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility.
My ivf cycles were covered under insurance.
Describe Howard McClamrock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo.
2013 - 2015, Successful
She's [Dr Jeanne OBrien] great, but super analytical, which we liked....She knows a ton and is part of a highly qualified team. She's not touchy-feely, but that's not what I want our of a medical specialist. She's matter-a-fact in a way that's refreshing.
Shady Grove is a big clinic which means that it has way more in the way of resources and experiences to help support you as a patient. You don't always see the same doctor, but you also don't have to wait for a long time for appointments... As a working professional, appointment wait time is really important to me. You can always reach someone when you have questions and their helpline nurses are phenomenal. Shady Grove has the infrastructure to provide a comprehensive patient experience.
How was your experience with Jeanne O'Brien at Shady Grove Fertility?
Fully use the resources available to you through Shady Grove.
She's great, but super analytical, which we liked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melanie Bates, RN)
This office is SOOO professional. Shady Grove is a well oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Minimal wait for monitoring appointments if you go early in the morning.
I had very comprehensive insurance covering what was deemed medically necessary IVF (genetic condition.)
2015, Unsuccessful
he [Dr. Bromer] took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work....He was a good doctor but never took into account that I have crohns disease and they can impact implantation and I feel like things should have been different. I found out from a friend that crohns can cause complications and when I asked him he said it can. They had all my records...when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to.
I wish they [Shady Grove - Hagerstown] would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF....I loved alyssa she was great to deal with and always answered my questions and emails in a timely manner....[Cost Of Treatment] it ended up being like $12,000...
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
hes a good doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility?
he took the time to talk to us and we were hopeful that IVF would work.
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
when we started injectibles they had to be adjusted many time because I was not responding to the meds like they wanted me to. I ran out of meds and I had to drive to philly to pick up more meds. IVF is very hard on your body and emotions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I wish they would have taken into account that I had crohns disease and the possibility that it could impact implantation. Also I feel that their prices are high and if it wasn't for my dad we would have never been able to do IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility.
it ended up being like $12,000
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
we transferred 2 and I was happy with that.
Jason Bromer
Hagerstown

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dana [nurse at Shady Grove in Annapolis] is awesome. We love her!....Dr. Mottla was exactly the doctor that my husband and I needed during our infertility journey. He's compassionate, but he's also candid about the realities of your particular case....He was very easy to get in touch with during my cycles (his nurse, Dana, is amazing) and wrote to us when we lost our first son (we got pregnant on our very first IVF/ICSI cycle with him) at birth
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Mottla was exactly the doctor that my husband and I needed during our infertility journey. He's compassionate, but he's also candid about the realities of your particular case; although we went to him fully expecting to be told there was nothing he could do to help us build our family, his optimism that we would be able to have a child gave us the strength we needed to continue moving forward. He was very easy to get in touch with during my cycles (his nurse, Dana, is amazing) and wrote to us when we lost our first son (we got pregnant on our very first IVF/ICSI cycle with him) at birth - we'd communicated to Dana that we hoped to try again one day, and he wanted us to know he'd be there for us when we were ready. Dr. Mottla is one of the best doctors I've ever had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
Trust him - he knows what he's doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Mottla was amazing. I truly felt like he cared about the outcome of our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana is awesome. We love her!
Gilbert Mottla

2011 - 2015, Successful
clean Friendly state of the art equipment [at Shady Grove Fertility-Washington DC]... Dr. Widra is smart and I really liked him. He was sometimes serious but I prefer my doctor to be serious and understand what he is doing than be cheerful and not know what he is doing. One thing I didn't like about him was his preference for singleton versus having twins.... Dr. Widra would patiently answer all my questions though sometime he would appear to get exasperated with me. Maybe not his fault. I usually would read up a lot and come with too many questions.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do not be bothered by his not so cheerful personality
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Carrie Andrews)
She followed up adequately
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
clean Friendly state of the art equipment
Describe Eric Widra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I already did. Dr Widra preferred singletons and would always advise you so. I was very upset that he seemed relieved when one of the two heartbeats we had seen previously was no longer progressing.

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Timmreck] was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging...Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. ..Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them...
[Shady Grove Columbia] Very organized and good hours for working women. They have everything organized and written so you don't have to try and remember. Easy to reach nurses via email...[The nurses] They were thorough and compassionate. Never made me feel bad no matter how many questions I had. Always got an answer quickly...She [Dr. Timmreck] outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them.
Describe the protocols Lorna Timmreck used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. We got pregnant and now have a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey McNeely)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility.
Do not recall
Describe Lorna Timmreck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

2015, Successful
Dr Widra was candid and direct, which I greatly needed after seeing another doctor (with another group) who was always vague. Dr Widra showed me stats and talked me through everything in a clear manner...Given that I had low ovarian reserve he focused on producing as many eggs as possible and was very attentive during monitoring to adjust medications as needed...Ask as many questions, Dr Widra is very open.
Monitoring [at Shady Grove DC] is a pain, and they have a ton of patients, but it was managed well....I had a good insurance, but the staff was exceptionally knowledgeable and knew how to maximize insurance....I had a one on one nurse who was always available and when she wasn't, I was informed who to contact. I could email or call anytime...[Nurse] She was direct and careful. Would ask about my mental health and was available for emails and calls
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask as many questions, Dr Widra is very open.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Only limitation was sometimes they would need to ask the doctor, which was reasonable.
Monitoring is a pain, and they have a ton of patients, but it was managed well.
2012 - 2015, Successful
We wanted a physician who is an expert in his practice and experienced in diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Widra fit this description perfectly. He fully explained the course of treatment, gave us clear expectations, and met every predicted outcome - successfully.
We had two cycles, and two nurses [at Shady Grove Fertility] . The first was wonderful - clear in her communication and organized. The second we did not care for as much - felt we had to initiate communication and that her instructions were rushed and not as clear as we would have liked.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
He knows what he is doing, you are in excellent hands.
We found Dr. Widra to be warm and friendly, straightforward with his diagnosis and plan, clear and concise with a plan of action. Exactly what we wanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
We had two cycles, and two nurses. The first was wonderful - clear in her communication and organized. The second we did not care for as much - felt we had to initiate communication and that her instructions were rushed and not as clear as we would have liked.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is excellent. They are capable and professional.
2015, Successful
She [Dr. Shruti Malik] was the third doctor that we worked with on my infertility issues. Unlike the first two who immediately said that I was unable to conceive naturally and recommended IVFs instead of IUI. Dr. Malik listened to us and agreed to try a round of IUI after it was determined that we would not qualify for the clinic’s IVF package plan.... She was very honest with us about my treatment and she was willing to work with us in deciding which approaches to use.
Shady Grove Fertility is a wonderful clinic. They do everything there so it means that you don’t have to drive all over the place for testing, monitoring, and procedure. I highly recommend this clinic....They [the nursing staff] were wonderful, especially with showing us to how to do the shots.... We use fertility drugs (bravelle and hsg trigger shot).
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was the third doctor that we worked with on my infertility issues. Unlike the first two who immediately said that I was unable to conceive naturally and recommended IVFs instead of IUI. Dr. Malik listened to us and agreed to try a round of IUI after it was determined that we would not qualify for the clinic’s IVF package plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be a strong advocate for what is the best for you. Dr. Malik or the clinic may not agree with the initial request but she is always willing to work with the patient’s request.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Shruti Malik used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We use fertility drugs (bravelle and hsg trigger shot).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Team of three nurses )
They were wonderful, especially with showing us to how to do the shots.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility.
Approximately $1,000
Describe Shruti Malik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Shruti Malik
Fair Oaks
2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr McClamrock is extremely caring - he checked in with me after my retrieval and always took the time to answer my questions...Dr McClamrock spent a lot of time with me answering my questions - I felt like my treatment was very personalized and I was very happy with the excellent care I received...Ask lots of questions - Dr McClamrock is happy to answer them!...
It is a large clinic [Shady Grove - Harbor], but Harbor is a small office. We went to Towson for major procedures...Priscilla was amazing - she was kind, funny and provided us with thorough instructions...
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask lots of questions - Dr McClamrock is happy to answer them!
I had a freeze all cycle due to ovarian hyperstimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is a large clinic, but Harbor is a small office. We went to Towson for major procedures.
2015, Successful
Dr. Level [Levens] constantly checked on us throughout our journey. He was open for all questions and communication that we had...Dr Levens described all of our risk and options that could possibly arise throughout the process.Dr.Levens also called before and after all surgeries and procedures to make sure all of our concerns and questions were answered ...The staff [at Shady Grove - Annandale] was overall well organized they made sure they were available for our calls or rescheduling appointments
The staff [at Shady Grove - Annandale] was overall well organized they made sure they were available for our calls or rescheduling appointments...I believe my cost totaled at about 8,000...The office was well organized. They have no weaknesses that I can recall...Dr Levens described all of our risk and options that could possibly arise throughout the process.Dr.Levens also called before and after all surgeries and procedures to make sure all of our concerns and questions were answered
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
To totally trust Dr.levens
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Level constantly checked on us throughout our journey. He was open for all questions and communication that we had
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The staff was overall well organized they made sure they were available for our calls or rescheduling appointments
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The office was well organized. They have no weaknesses that I can recall
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility.
I believe my cost totaled at about 8,000

2013 - 2014, Successful
Know that even though he's not the warmest and seems very busy/rushed, he does care. Be prepared to have your primary relationship be with the nurses.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Widra is a matter-of-fact communicator who tries to present a balanced view of options with accompanying benefits and risks. He is not very warm, but he's jovial and seems to care about his patients. Dr. Widra is very very busy, and as his patient, I felt rushed in communicating with him.
They did not get to know me as a human, but they didn't confuse me with other patients. My nurse switched twice over the course of my treatment, and since in Dr. Widra's practice the RNs are the primary points of contact for a patient, those transitions affected my experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laura Appling)
At SGF, the nurses are the primary caregivers. In general, they are good nurses. They are caring and organized. That said, because the nurses are the primary points of contact for patients, any turnover on the nursing team is more challenging for patients than it would be if Dr. Widra managed the relationships on his panel more closely. This was my experience.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Wait times at both of the SGF facilities I visited - K Street and Rockville - were long and unpredictable. K street will not perform IUIs with donor sperm, so I had to go out to the Rockville location every month for that procedure. The earliest available IUI is at 9:30, and it literally never happened at 9:30 even when I had the earliest slot. Most months, I would finish at the clinic around 11, meaning I missed half a day of work. This was frustrating, and it communicated to me that my time was less valuable than theirs. More importantly, though, with fertility issues, I as a patient was very sensitive to making sure that when I did have control of a particular variable, like timing of insemination, I took that seriously. Making a patient wait an undisclosed amount of time for an insemination may not be clinically problematic, but it made me anxious that I was missing "the window" and gave me the sense that SGF cared less about my success than I did.

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Widra] is defensive and not open to listening to his patients. The whole time I had to push him to try something different. One cycle I called him a couple of times to let him know I felt the cycle was not going well, and he told me he thought it was going fine. I ended up with only one embryo. The next cycle he increased my meds I got four embryos. If he would have listened during the first cycle then I may not have need a second cycle.
Shady Grove has very convenient offices and flexible hours, which makes it convenient for pursuing fertility. However I think they could do more to customize for patients over 35 by having protocols set up for these patients....You always had to go through a nurse. And I was always having to suggest what should be done next. I should not have to manage the doctor. He should be up to date on research.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is defensive and not open to listening to his patients. The whole time I had to push him to try something different. One cycle I called him a couple of times to let him know I felt the cycle was not going well, and he told me he thought it was going fine. I ended up with only one embryo. The next cycle he increased my meds I got four embryos. If he would have listened during the first cycle then I may not have need a second cycle.
Do not expect him to be proactive.
IVF and frozen eggs and genetic testing of embryos. He insisted on doing frozen cycles until I pushed him into freezing the eggs and genetic testing of embryos. I did not want to continually go through miscarriages, and I had one previously. Not sure why he would have ever suggested fresh IVF cycle for anyone over 40.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Carrie)
Carrie was a wonderful nurse, but Eric Widra would have her call me instead of talking to me himself. He was reactive and uncomfortable approaching patients.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady grove is fairly efficient with appointments and flexible. They have improved their scheduling and monitoring hours by opening up additional clinics to help with traffic.
All costs at shady grove are fairly uniform across.

2014, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I am still annoyed that I wasn't allowed to try even 1 cycle with my own eggs--maybe because people with DOR don't typically get pregnant as easily as I did...Dr. McKeeby could only say "well, something else must have gone wrong" and looked at my #s and just said, "you need to do donor egg." There was no further discussion about any other possible solution. I just felt like they were trying to sell me something that I didn't want and left for a 2nd opinion at another clinic.
If you don't like him [Dr Jeffrey McKeeby] , just move on to Mottla. It was night and day...SG is a very organized clinic, compared to the other one I went to. It's pretty, clean, relaxing, maybe because it is a for-profit organization. I felt known and the people were very friendly....Jackie was my first nurse at SG. I almost didn't want to change docs bc I was so attached to her.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
I had a co-worker who had a rare uterine condition and he treated her for the 3 cycles that both of our insurances would have paid for. She really liked him and just described him as being "dorky". At a donor recipient support group, I also met another woman who also left SG because of McKeeby... so maybe he works for some people, but as I said, I ultimately left for a 2nd opinion at Johns Hopkins bc of this doctor. It took 4-5 months to see that doc and my numbers got way worse during that time period. I am still annoyed that I wasn't allowed to try even 1 cycle with my own eggs--maybe because people with DOR don't typically get pregnant as easily as I did.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you don't like him, just move on to Mottla. It was night and day. Also, the fertility world is filled with all sorts of natural remedies that could "possibly work for you". This made me into an obsessed person who was trying to make the perfect egg of my own. That wasn't to be, at least this time around. Even Mottla said that miracle babies do exist, but we needed at least to get a jump start on baby #1, given our ages (now 41 and 45, due in 2 weeks with our DE baby on first cycle).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility?
Miscarriage #3 was my first baby with a heartbeat that we knew of. At 12w, I found out that the chromosomally-normal M had passed away at 10w. Dr. McKeeby could only say "well, something else must have gone wrong" and looked at my #s and just said, "you need to do donor egg." There was no further discussion about any other possible solution. I just felt like they were trying to sell me something that I didn't want and left for a 2nd opinion at another clinic.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey McKeeby used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Never got that far with him. Was so thrown by his only saying to use a DE.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Jackie was my first nurse at SG. I almost didn't want to change docs bc I was so attached to her. She was fantastic at answering calls and all my questions, including about how to improve egg quality. SG is not "alternative" sort of clinic in terms of using/recommending supplements, etc. which may be both good and bad, depending on what sort of person you are.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility.
Didn't get that far.
Jeffrey McKeeby

2014, Successful
She [Dr Timmreck] won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient...She was straight-forward, and she didn't "hand-hold," but she still answered every question we had patiently and kindly. She took the time to know our story and make recommendations based on what WE wanted...and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered...I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully.
[Shady Grove - Colombia] Strengths: Good infrastructure, competent and caring doctors and staff, a "no child" in the waiting room policy, and a high success rate. Weaknesses: Some patients feel like the clinic is a "factory." I personally have not felt that way, but my case was fairly straightforward...Kim Sorrentino [Nurse at Shady Grove] was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
I always felt like I had all the information from Dr. Timmreck. She gave us our odds, but did so in a way that was compassionate. She wasn't as warm as our nurse, but she was not cold by any means. I felt that she understood the significant emotional side of infertility and was patient and kind. When we were ready for treatment (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. When for financial and emotional reasons, we were ready to to move from one form of treatment to another (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully. I felt like she was fighting WITH us, and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered.
She won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
General Day 3 testing (AMH, prolactin, FSH, E2, etc.), HSG, semen analysis, repeat pregnancy loss panel (RPL). No red flags--"unexplained infertility." No apparent reason for previous losses. Timed intercourse for 1-2 cycles. Clomid (100 mg for 5 days) + Ovidrel trigger+ IUI for 2 cycles. Progesterone suppositories (200 mg twice a day vaginally) until beta test. (Clomid--hoping to get more than one egg during the IUI process to increase the chances of getting a "quality" egg.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorrentino)
Kim Sorrentino was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I think an IUI (with medication and monitoring) cost around $2000.

2011 - 2014, Successful
Strengths: excellent clinician [Dr. Howard McClamrock], plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic)...Expect a matter-of-fact approach, don't expect a lot of joking or small talk, but do expect to be impressed by his knowledge, skill, and concern as a clinician. He will go as far down the fertility road as he can justify and his patients want--and he's very good at what he does.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they [Shady Grove] have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive...My nurses with Dr. McClamrock were amazing--one even cried with me! Dr. M got us our results! I very much trusted in his clinical knowledge and experience. I initially found him less warm than I would have liked, but he grew on us through the years that we were under his care. Whenever I initiated a phone call or email, he was quick to respond.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Strengths: excellent clinician, plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic).
IUI w/ injections. Given my numbers initially, he suggested we at least try more conservatively. After our response to the stim meds w/ our 3rd IUI, he then suggested we do IVF. 1 hysteroscopy w/ polypectomy. 1 IVF W/ retrieval (9, 5 fertilized, 2 day-3 transferred)--negative. 1 other cycle that was cancelled after 2 weeks of stims due to poor ovarian response. We were advised to consider donor egg. 1st DE transfer (single embryo) negative. This surprised everyone and Dr. M brought us in for a consult. Cyst found in uterus, surgical intervention discussed, but it did not show up on follow-up ultrasounds. 2nd DE transfer (single embryo)--first blood test positive, then numbers started to decline. Very early m/c. D&C done to ensure good uterine lining and remove likelihood of cyclic cysts. 3rd DE transfer--my spouse, doctor, and I agreed that we should transfer 2 embryos. They both took! 2 healthy babies!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sonia Leasure)
Compassion, a hug when needed, available!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive.
Oh wow. We had limited IUI coverage and no IVF coverage. We were able to take advantage of Shady Grove's shared risk program once we were using DE. Overall, w/ meds, through multiple IUIs and IVFs, and out of pocket costs associated with gynecological surgeries, it was about $70k. They also offer financing and education on different options for those patients who have poor or no insurance coverage.
Dr. M follows accepted professional guidelines. He took our history w/ multiple previous embryo transfers that did not result in pregnancy into consideration when we decided to transfer 2 on our 3rd attempt w/ DE.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
There was one incident where info from my RE was not sent over to my GYN prior to my visit. I showed up for a pre-op consult and there was no correspondence from my RE. This may have been a time issue. Adequate communication seemed to be in place after that was cleared up.

2012 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Levens took incrdible care of me. I can’t explain how compassionate of a doctor he is. At my lowest and loneliest, Dr. Levens assured me over and over again that he would be with me every step of the way during my lengthy IVF journey. I would send everyone to Dr. Levens. He is absolutely incredible.... Dr. Levels was incredible. He was compassionate, honest, knowledgeable. He was with me every step of the way and told me over and over that he wasn’t going anywhere whenever he had bad news. Dr. Levens took the time to call me personally regarding my embryo development before his appointments started each day, which was something nurses would typically do.
Their [Shady Grove] quality of care of excellent. Their financial programs are very accommodating given the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the cost of IVF. Their business/care model is dependable, efficient, and organized. This didn’t really bother me, but a weakness for some may be that your doctor doesn’t always perform all your procedures.... $20k (but we received a discount due to our income) for six IVF cycles, and if you did not give birth to a live baby
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is the most amazing doctor, and anyone would know that by being his patient. However, he probably won’t do all the monitoring, egg retrievals, and embryo transfers. Because of the clinic’s business model, patients don’t always see their doctors for these appointments/procedures. That didn’t bother me too much because the doctors who cared for me were also amazing.
Dr. Levels was incredible. He was compassionate, honest, knowledgeable. He was with me every step of the way and told me over and over that he wasn’t going anywhere whenever he had bad news. Dr. Levens took the time to call me personally regarding my embryo development before his appointments started each day, which was something nurses would typically do. Because my case was so odd (youth, large egg quantity, poor egg quality) it seemed like Dr. Levens gave me more one-on-one time to “solve” my case. The day he finally got to perform my six-week ultrasound for my DE IVF twins, he was very compassionate and very delighted to see two heartbeats. He even did an extra ultrasound for me before I graduated. 20 weeks later, and several months after I’d graduated from his care, Dr. Levens called me when I was hospitalized for pre-eclampsia. Dr. Levens is my favorite doctor.
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I don’t remember too well the strategies and rationales but for a few IVF cycles. My first fresh cycle was a standard protocol; nothing special from what I remember. My next cycle, an FET, was also standard. My third cycle, a fresh cycle, was pretty standard as well. My fourth cycle, third fresh cycle, was monitored by Dr. Levens and his colleague at NIH. They actually put me on a very unique protocol where I started stims after ovulation, but I didn’t ovulate so they mimicked my luteal phase with Provera. Then we waited for Day 1, then did the traditional stim cycle. For my fifth cycle, and fourth fresh, I was on the Depot Lipton for two months. My stim cycle was perfect, and I also used HGH. Because my doctor was very familiar with my history, he allowed me to stim for an extra day or so to hopefully mature as many follicles as possible. I always produced a lot of eggs, but my egg quality was very poor given my young age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartman and Pamela Collins)
Mary Hartman was my nurse during my IVF cycles with my eggs. Pamela Collins was my nurse during my donor egg cycle. Mary was so compassionate and helped me during discouragement or anxiety. Mary was there for me always. Pamela was also amazing; she was more business-like, and did not have experience with my prior five failed cycles. She did not understand my anxiety as much, but she was still amazing.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Their quality of care of excellent. Their financial programs are very accommodating given the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the cost of IVF. Their business/care model is dependable, efficient, and organized. This didn’t really bother me, but a weakness for some may be that your doctor doesn’t always perform all your procedures.
$20k (but we received a discount due to our income) for six IVF cycles, and if you did not give birth to a live baby you got all your money back. If you withdrew from the program prior to six cycles, you got all your money back. This price did not include medications. They also partnered with a fertility loan company (which we used). I withdrew after five cycles and got all my money back. For my donor egg cycle, we enrolled in a program that cost $35k total (including medications) for six cycles. Again, it was a money-back guarantee if you did not give birth or withdrew from the program. We shared a donor with two other recipients, and if you did not receive eggs during a cycle (due to being the third recipient or something) that cycle did not count against your count.
Describe Eric Levens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
My doctor followed the eSET process when it made sense, and he transferred multiple embryos when it made sense for me and my egg retrieval outcomes.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
We selected our anonymous egg donor within a very controlled process that worked very well. It can be a very intense selection process. We selected our donor on a Friday evening and waited over the weekend until Monday to receive confirmation. We were ecstatic to receive our confirmation, but we were sent the incorrect donor’s profile. I was very upset that I had accidentally selected the wrong donor. I confirmed with the coordinator, and she had sent me the wrong profile. I was very upset, but she did not seem too compassionate toward me. Situations like that are not just transactional; they are very emotional. I don’t think she understood that with regard to my concern about her mistake.
2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Widra has a more direct style, though he is still compassionate and sensitive. Also, he does not give out his email address (as some REs do) so all your questions will go through a nurse.
Sometimes [Shady Grove] can feel like a bit of a factory. I felt comfort in that because I knew they had tons of experience...At times, I was given conflicting information about the prices of specific treatment services. Other times, I was not told at all that I would be billed for something.
How was your experience with Eric Widra at Shady Grove Fertility?
I had very positive experiences with Dr. Widra. He does not have a "warm and fuzzy" personality, but he is still very sensitive. He conveys information and options in a very clear, direct but yet very compassionate way. When we went in for an 8 week sonogram after our first IVF treatment, he found that there had been a miscarriage. He handled the situation extremely well, and made us feel very supported and comforted.
It can be hard to feel a lot of personal attention at Shady Grove. Shady Grove is a huge practice. I believe I read somewhere they do more IVF procedures than anywhere in the country. So sometimes it can feel like a bit of a factory. I felt comfort in that because I knew they had tons of experience. I didn't need personal attention as much as I needed to know that the doctors knew how to get results! However, when it became clear that my case was more complicated, I felt that I got the more personal attention I needed. Dr. Widra brought me and my husband in for a special meeting to talk next steps and a plan. I also felt that at every step of the way, when I had questions or concerns, someone was there to answer them.
Carrie was an absolute dream. She was kind and compassionate, responsive and reassuring. She was extremely knowledgeable and set my mind at ease.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
My only hiccups came from the financial counselors. At times, I was given conflicting information about the prices of specific treatment services. Other times, I was not told at all that I would be billed for something. I also had a hard time getting an acceptable receipt for my FSA plan.
2014, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Moon was used to working with SMCs and was recommended to me. She reviewed my file and gave me plenty of time to talk about my history and the potential options at her clinic. I knew what I wanted to do and she was quick to help me figure out next steps and also worked hard to help me determine which donor was the right one for me....She was kind, listened to my story, helped me pick an egg donor, and was very responsive when I had an issue with the RE that handled my transfer....
I think Shady Grove has a high quality lab and has high success due to this. The rest of the operation is large, I felt like a # and they had several major errors during my time there--for example failing to get an ultrasound on my egg donor on her last visit so they had her trigger without all of the necessary info...I had very little experience with the nursing staff due to using DE. The staff who were around during my transfer were fine....The clinic failed to complete the appropriate tests on the Egg Donor. The clinic gave me personal information about the donor which allowed me to know her name. ..
How was your experience with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
I specifically sought out Dr. Moon on the recommendation of others due to the large size of the clinic and the factory feel of the operation. She was kind, listened to my story, helped me pick an egg donor, and was very responsive when I had an issue with the RE that handled my transfer.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Moon used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I got pregnant on my first DE transfer so I didn't have a rigorous protocol.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I think Shady Grove has a high quality lab and has high success due to this. The rest of the operation is large, I felt like a # and they had several major errors during my time there--for example failing to get an ultrasound on my egg donor on her last visit so they had her trigger without all of the necessary info. The RE who handled my transfer was awful and I worried that he purposely botched my transfer due to his attitude. In the end, I luckily got pregnant that cycle and was done with any fertility treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility.
I chose a guaranteed DE program and it was expensive. I think the cost was $30,500. I've tried to block out the cost but my daughter was well worth the money!
Describe Kimberly Moon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic strongly prefers eSET for DE.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic failed to complete the appropriate tests on the Egg Donor. The clinic gave me personal information about the donor which allowed me to know her name. The RE who completed my transfer didn't know the quality of all of my specimens and tried to browbeat me into transferring one without the information. In the end, an embryologist was able to provide that information within a few minutes and we proceeded. But I was beyond distraught by the RE's attitude and the lack of embryos from a proven egg donor. My RE, who I had been working with, did respond appropriately when I contacted her with my concerns.
Kimberly Moon