6.9

Woodbridge
13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192

2021, Consult
He [Dr. Howard McClamrock] didn’t really let me explain my story or discuss what i expected. He let me know what they offered and explained in detail what each procedure was and then told me that because of my size I’m not able to get any help from them. After f getting excited about the possibility of treatment and hearing what the clinic had to offer I was let down in that same breath.
I didn’t visit the [Shady Grove Fertility - Baltimore] facility in person so I am unable to attest the the building itself. The issue I didn’t have was because it was virtual I had to upload everything to their website and it was very complicated. Not a great experience there either...Find a doctor that is more sensitive to women going through infertility if you are in any way fragile. I was broken after my experience honestly.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
His strength was he seemed very knowledgeable about the process. His weakness what that he should have told me before even explaining anything that i didn’t qualify. It’s like he wanted the copay money or something. They could have called and canceled me before getting my hopes up they had all my information and chose not to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
He didn’t really let me explain my story or discuss what i expected. He let me know what they offered and explained in detail what each procedure was and then told me that because of my size I’m not able to get any help from them. After f getting excited about the possibility of treatment and hearing what the clinic had to offer I was let down in that same breath. It was no amount of explanation that i could give to even go any further in the process. The only option i was given was to pay out of pocket to have my husbands sperm tested. Which i explained he had done previously. I was devastated and haven’t had the heart to seek further opinions or treatment since.
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We never even got this far sadly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
I only had one experience with the nurses as my consult was virtual but I don’t remember her being kind or compassionate about the fact that I was ineligible for treatment at all. She just confirmed that they wouldn’t be able to treat me and when I asked about other places that could she said they wouldn’t either for reference I was interested and referred by my doctor for a tubal dye test.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I didn’t visit the facility in person so I am unable to attest the the building itself. The issue I didn’t have was because it was virtual I had to upload everything to their website and it was very complicated. Not a great experience there either.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility.
I wasn’t charged for anything other than the copay and the cost of the visit. The cost of the appointment was covered by my insurance so I don’t remember the cost and the copay was 40$
Describe Howard McClamrock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
This was explained in great detail in the section about the doctor specifically.
Howard McClamrock
Baltimore

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Nair was not very thorough or compassionate, and our visits with her felt so harried and lacking in clarity...She hardly went into any detail about our diagnoses, didn't listen to our concerns, and, again, didn't allow for questions given the time constraints...At one point when I asked a question, she replied that we didn't have time for questions today, but that if I had questions to schedule a follow-up visit...
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] follows a team nursing model, so I did not have one nurse assigned to me. Some of the nurses were more helpful and/or compassionate than others. I didn't find the team nursing model particularly patient-friendly. On any given day, I'd have 3 or 4 nurses responding to my messages in the online patient portal, even on the same message thread. This often lead to miscommunication, particularly when a nurse hadn't fully read or been aware of past communications...
How was your experience with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Nair was not very thorough or compassionate, and our visits with her felt so harried and lacking in clarity. During our post-initial testing visit where she gave us our diagnoses and outlined next steps, it was very rushed. Each time we tried to ask questions she ushered us along, stating "We only have 30 minutes today". Thirty minutes to provide us each with a new medical diagnosis and discuss options and next steps was simply not enough time. She hardly went into any detail about our diagnoses, didn't listen to our concerns, and, again, didn't allow for questions given the time constraints. As a medical provider myself, I couldn't believe that a physician would provide patients a new medical diagnosis without going into much detail about what that meant for them. She didn't even leave us with written handouts or links for us to read and understand better. At one point when I asked a question, she replied that we didn't have time for questions today, but that if I had questions to schedule a follow-up visit. So I went ahead and scheduled a follow-up visit (which seemed absurd that I even needed to do so just to be able to ask questions), and when the consult started she couldn't have come off as being more annoyed that she was having to meet with a patient again simply to answer questions. She came off as very cold during this consult and gave awkwardly short, non-detailed answers to my questions. At one point during the consult, she appeared to be looking down at her phone as I was talking. It felt extremely dismissive and lacking in compassion. Dr. Nair seems like she has taken on WAY too many patients than she can manage. My husband and I decided to switch care under a different physician at the clinic, and we felt so much better taken care of after that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you're not okay with having extremely limited contact with your healthcare provider, then consider switching to a different fertility doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
I never met with or heard from Dr. Nair after the initial consult. And the initial consult felt so rushed, so much so that she didn't allow for my husband and I to ask many questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic follows a team nursing model, so I did not have one nurse assigned to me. Some of the nurses were more helpful and/or compassionate than others. I didn't find the team nursing model particularly patient-friendly. On any given day, I'd have 3 or 4 nurses responding to my messages in the online patient portal, even on the same message thread. This often lead to miscommunication, particularly when a nurse hadn't fully read or been aware of past communications.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The time alotted for consultations is unreasonably short. Thirty minutes is not enough time to discuss diagnoses, next steps, concerns, and ask questions. Strengths: nurses respond to messages in the online portal fairly quickly, and return calls during off-hours quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility.
Tests, procedures, and medications covered by my insurance with co-pay required
2020 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Li] is an expert, but she is also very compassionate. She cares about her patients like her own family, not some cold numbers on the balance sheet. We had one failed transfer, but she encouraged me, adjusted the whole protocol, and was on top of each procedure. I respect her opinion and trust her judgement and professionalism...I was advised to do eSET because I had a high-risk pregnancy before.
The monitoring appointments are generally easy to schedule and on time. Occasionally it runs late...[our nurse] is a clear communicator, and you know she cares about you. We never had any issues working together...I think Shady Grove Fertility has great facility, doctors and nurses. The only weakness they have is the financial team and billing team. I wasn't happy with them. They made a lot of mistakes in my case.
How was your experience with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
I would recommend Dr Nair to any close friends or relatives. She is an expert, but she is also very compassionate. She cares about her patients like her own family, not some cold numbers on the balance sheet. We had one failed transfer, but she encouraged me, adjusted the whole protocol, and was on top of each procedure. I respect her opinion and trust her judgement and professionalism. I finally got pregnant under her care after almost four years of trying. My husband and I thank her with our whole heart.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
If you are looking for a down to the earth, no fluffy and compassionate doctor with great expertise, she is your doctor to go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Nair is very compassionate with her doctor. You can feel it when talking to her.
Describe the protocols Sandy Li used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I was put on antibiotics to repress my immunity before transfer. She also used Lovenox to help with implantation. I think these two things finally helped me conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana)
I love my nurse Lana. She is the best. She is a clear communicator, and you know she cares about you. We never had any issues working together.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered main costs, but I still paid about $12,000 including treatment and medication.
Describe Sandy Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I was advised to do eSET because I had a high-risk pregnancy before.
Sandy Li

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh is friendly and to the point. She does not dilly dally. She provided optimism in my fertility journey...I underwent 3 cycles of IUI. First with clomid, the following 2 cycles were w/ letrozole. I also used vaginal progesterone and estrogen. The 1st 2 cycles failed. Then prior to initiating a 3rd cycle, my thyroid studies were abnormal so I was referred to an endocrinologist and started on levothyroxine. My 3rd IUI was successful...
For me, the hours of operation [at Shady Grove Fertility] are important. I was able to undergo fertility treatments without missing any days of work. The flexible hours and minimal/or no wait times are huge bonuses to a successful medical practice...The nursing staff was excellent, communicated well and in a timely manor. The nurses are definitely the glue that keeps this practice running as efficiently as it does...$1800 for each IUI cycle and everything done within that cycle (ultrasounds, blood work).
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is friendly and to the point. She does not dilly dally. She provided optimism in my fertility journey. I trusted her in my care. I had also heard excellent things about her from other patients/my personal friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
She will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant and I would trust her advice even if you think it will never happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I felt like the staff cared about me and communicated regularly. I did not feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I underwent 3 cycles of IUI. First with clomid, the following 2 cycles were w/ letrozole. I also used vaginal progesterone and estrogen. The 1st 2 cycles failed. Then prior to initiating a 3rd cycle, my thyroid studies were abnormal so I was referred to an endocrinologist and started on levothyroxine. My 3rd IUI was successful. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and hopeful this will be a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
For me, the hours of operation are important. I was able to undergo fertility treatments without missing any days of work. The flexible hours and minimal/or no wait times are huge bonuses to a successful medical practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
$1800 for each IUI cycle and everything done within that cycle (ultrasounds, blood work). I had to pay out of pocket for medications/whatever my insurance didn't cover. Seemed like reasonable pricing.
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

2021, Successful
Dr. Barnard is probably the most kind, compassionate doctor I've ever had. She's extremely warm and always took time to listen to my concerns and answer any questions. Never made me feel like she was trying to just rush me through. I always felt like she was truly on my side and genuinely excited and happy for me when our cycle ended with a positive result. She called after every cycle to discuss results and next steps, which is very different from my previous RE...
They [Shady Grove Fertility] use a team nursing model at the clinic, so I wasn't assigned one specific nurse. I didn't find this worked well for clear communications or building a rapport with my nurses...It did have a bit of a 'factory' feel. Things were often disorganized, especially with billing, but also on the clinical side. The nurses typically responded quickly through the online patient portal and returned phone calls on the after hours line quickly...
How was your experience with Emily Barnard at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Barnard not only knows her stuff, but she has phenomenal bedside manner. I truly felt like she cared about me as a patient. She's such a warm-hearted person and never made me feel like just a number. Such a gem of a doctor! Can't recommend her enough!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Barnard at Shady Grove Fertility?
You're in great hands with Dr. Barnard.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Barnard at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
They use a team nursing model at the clinic, so I wasn't assigned one specific nurse. I didn't find this worked well for clear communications or building a rapport with my nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Barnard at Shady Grove Fertility.
Covered under insurance with co-pay
Emily Barnard

2021, Consult
Dr. Yazigi retired he was not heavily invested in my treatment. He was kind and friendly. He over prescribed tests that were already performed elsewhere. I had to go back to my obgyn for a second opinion of his diagnosis...He was friendly, humorous, & personable...[new patient advice] Do your research, you are your own best advocate.
[the Shady Grove Fertility clinic was] Dry, cold, frigid, distracted. The patient portal is effective but could be more timely. Answer the phone please you are a large corporation you should have phone reception easily accessible. Information is provided as you go, not ahead of time...$15k for one in vitro cycle. 25k for two in vitro cycles. $3000 for embryo testing.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do your research, you are your own best advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was friendly, humorous, & personable.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.

2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Yazigi] was warm, took the time to listen to me and was straight forward...He is retired and not seeing patients - advice for future patient of shady grove is to not hold back on asking questions!..The nurses had very good communication with me and got back to me quickly with answers to any questions I had...
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] communicated mainly through the portal but got back to me within a few hours and made it easy to talk to her, like a friend...The nurses had very good communication with me and got back to me quickly with answers to any questions I had...They worked well with scheduling and getting tests done fast even in the prime of covid. When I got pregnant, all the staff was overly excited and happy for me...
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
The nurses had very good communication with me and got back to me quickly with answers to any questions I had. Dr. Yazigi said from the beginning that his goal was the same as mine and that was to get me pregnant ASAP!
He was warm, took the time to listen to me and was straight forward
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We ruled all medical problems out. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility with hypothyroidism. We were going to try IUI but I was able to get pregnant the cycle before
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
She communicated mainly through the portal but got back to me within a few hours and made it easy to talk to her, like a friend
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They worked well with scheduling and getting tests done fast even in the prime of covid. When I got pregnant, all the staff was overly excited and happy for me, including non medical staff when they heard I “ graduated” they even followed up after to see if I had a successful pregnancy
My insurance covered a great amount. I now live in a new state where there is no fertility coverage

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge...Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer...That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer...she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff....
Lana was our nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance...Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We did not see Dr. Reh personally many times. I met her in person twice - once for a saline sonogram and once for our final ultrasound. However, we had a virtual consult and several phone calls to discuss our options and treatment plan. I know some might have a problem with not seeing their doctor personally for every appointment, but I never felt like there was any lost information or miscommunication. Her treatment plan as described was being carried out every time.
Be able to discuss your history in detail during the consult. She had not reviewed my records in detail, but once I explained our background in about 10 minutes of our 60 minute consult, she was able to talk to us about our previous cycles. Just understand that she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff.
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge. Although we had additional embryos for use at another location (which we couldn't access due to COVID), she said she was going to treat us like we only had one. She recommended an ERA - something our previous clinic didn't advise, but we were interested in.
We came to Dr. Reh's office following treatment at 2 other clinics. We left the first clinic due to a move and the second clinic shut down because of a lab accident. We had one Day 6 tested embryo available to us to use for a frozen transfer. Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer, which our previous clinic did not support until at least two failed transfers. That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer. I obviously do not know what would have happened had we not done that ERA, but our first transfer was successful and we are currently pregnant with identical twins. We are certainly very satisfied with the outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana Truong)
Lana was our nurse and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance. She always remembered how we prefer communication depending on the day. The most important thing she did was adjust our Frozen Embryo Transfer on the fly. We had a thyroid test come back too high, and I was uncomfortable with proceeding with transfer assuming that a medication adjustment would make it alright to transfer in time. She changed everything within 15 minutes of our baseline appointment and set up a new transfer in 20 minutes with minimal delay to our transfer and no cancellation or change charges to us. Our experience with Lana is the biggest reason that we continue to recommend Shady Grove to friends seeking fertility care.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Our financial coordinator Melissa was also a critical part of our positive experience at Shady Grove. Melissa actually worked with our insurance company directly and ensured that we did not pay one cent outside the global fee for the transfer - and we have a very frustrating insurance provider. We never waited more than a few hours for a response and she often replied to me after business hours. Shady Grove has multiple clinics across the country. I would say that a weakness is that you can never guarantee you will have your personal reproductive endocrinologist at any given appointment, including egg retrievals or transfers if that matters to you. That means that you really have to be comfortable seeing many different people. While we didn't experience this personally, there are too many people who struggle with their financial counselors and it seems like systemic failing in their system overall. Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
We paid for the Global Frozen Embryo Transfer Fee with the Military Discount. It was $3910 and insurance covered all medications. That was the only thing we paid. Our financial counselor let us know that Shady Grove was raising their prices in a few days and advised us to pay early, which saved us several hundred dollars.
We did not have multiple embryos to transfer, so this was not an option for us.

2021, Successful
Dr. Reh was able to personalize her approach to help get me pregnant. She reviewed the results each month and adjusted medications as needed. She was friendly and knowledgeable and I felt confident in trusting her opinion...Each month the amount of letrozole that I took increased slightly to help with my egg development and it adjusted at that level to ensure that the chance of multiples were reduced...
Lana [coordinator at Shady Grove Fertility] was very friendly and always prompt to respond to any questions. She was the only coordinator that I had through my journey and I was fortunate that I always had a direct contact for my concerns...My only negative comment is that I have had an employee claim that I needed to pay a large sum before leaving my appointment and after I spoke to the finance department learned that she was incorrect. Otherwise, I never had an issue...
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was able to personalize her approach to help get me pregnant. She reviewed the results each month and adjusted medications as needed. She was friendly and knowledgeable and I felt confident in trusting her opinion. I had a great experience with her and I have recommended her to others struggling with fertility.
Dr. Reh has years of experience helping others get pregnant. She knows how to guide her patients to a healthy, safe pregnancy. I personally have recommended her to friends/colleagues and encourage prospective patients to meet with her as well.
Dr. Reh reviewed all of my information even if she was not able to see me at each visit. She updated treatment each month, as needed, and personalized her approach to help get me pregnant. She was kind and knowledgeable while being straight forward with the process and information.
I took letrozole to induce ovulation because I do not a regular cycle (due to PCOS). I also took a trigger shot each month followed by progesterone pills. I completed this process for 4 months before getting pregnant. Each month the amount of letrozole that I took increased slightly to help with my egg development and it adjusted at that level to ensure that the chance of multiples were reduced.
Lana was very friendly and always prompt to respond to any questions. She was the only coordinator that I had through my journey and I was fortunate that I always had a direct contact for my concerns. 100% recommend!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Overall, the people at the clinic are very friendly. My only negative comment is that I have had an employee claim that I needed to pay a large sum before leaving my appointment and after I spoke to the finance department learned that she was incorrect. Otherwise, I never had an issue.
Same day lab work cost about $50-$75 with insurance per cycle. My medications (letrozole/trigger shot) were about $75-$100 per cycle with insurance. I also had a co-payment of $35 for visits.

Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
3 cycles with different protocols [with Dr. Reh]. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos...Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly...She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment...genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome.
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable...SGF Arlington is full of friendly staff from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and providers. SGF Fairfax is convenient but too big to feel like family. They also seemed to have higher turnover because I rarely saw the same staff members and they seemed less personal. I appreciated the convenience and weekend appts at fairfax though.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Reh is genuine, approachable and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her. She saw me for most of my appts and gave me clear expectations of the plan for treatment. She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment.
Start sooner than later with IVF and go with Dr Rey because she knows her stuff!
Dr Rey genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome. Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly.
3 cycles with different protocols. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Westin)
I LOVED Ashley. She was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable and went above and beyond to meet my needs every single time!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Treatment was costly as it is for most infertility treatment but it was worth it and the clinic was professional with smooth communication through the portal.
Arlington

Dr Doyle is smart, well informed, kind, and shares plenty of information. He was with us from step one, always encouraging us that we'd have great chances at a pregnancy. Even when we encountered setbacks, he explained them well and helped us chart next steps...We tried two IUIs, one with clomid and one with letrazole. I had a bad reaction to the clomid, so Dr. Doyle changed it up after our first failed procedure. We also found other issues along the way, and did two polyp removal surgeries. While initially we weren't certain if IVF would be necessary, as we continued to find polyps, Dr Doyle supported our plan of moving to IVF after just two cycles of IUI, and we got pregnant on that first transfer (plus we have many PGS tested embryos ready to go if we want to give this baby a sibling).
The nursing staff [at Shady Grove Fertility] was fine. All messages were answered in a timely manner, though sometimes questions needed to be asked more than once. I did feel like they were rooting us along, but maybe that they were overworked...We didn't always know how we'd get (negative) results, and sometimes got them via phone vs via portal message. It wasn't a big deal, but would be helpful to know what to expect...We didn't find billing to be incredibly transparent but that wasn't a huge issue for us.
How was your experience with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Doyle is smart, well informed, kind, and shares plenty of information. He was with us from step one, always encouraging us that we'd have great chances at a pregnancy. Even when we encountered setbacks, he explained them well and helped us chart next steps. I can't be more grateful that we got Dr Doyle as a doctor, and genuinely believe our success was thanks to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Know that he will be there with you through the ups and downs, and don't be afraid to share with him if things outside of your treatment are impacting how you're feeling or how anxious you are. He wants to know, and will treat you and your partner with compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Doyle was fantastic. Even at a large practice, he managed to attend every single one of my procedures, and even called me to check in when I'd had more pain than anticipated. He knew me by name, and would warmly greet me any time he saw me (even if I was just seeing a nurse that day). He nearly cried when we got our positive result, and can't wait to meet our baby.
Describe the protocols Joseph Doyle used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Concetta)
The nursing staff was fine. All messages were answered in a timely manner, though sometimes questions needed to be asked more than once. I did feel like they were rooting us along, but maybe that they were overworked.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We had a great experience with Shady Grove Fertility. We found that being a large practice meant it was easy to get appointments, schedule necessary surgeries, and get questions answered 24/7. We do feel like we lucked out on Dr Doyle, since we had such a great personal relationship with him, but don't doubt we would have gotten good care with another provider.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Doyle at Shady Grove Fertility.
We're still waiting to see - we had some insurance coverage but some things were out of pocket, so we need to figure out our final bill. We didn't find billing to be incredibly transparent but that wasn't a huge issue for us.
Describe Joseph Doyle's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our doctor was quite clear that with our ages and lack of issues, a single transfer was the only good option, and we agreed with him on that assessment.
Joseph Doyle

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Browne has always been the best choice for a fertility doctor for me and my husband. She truly is knowledgeable, kind and trustworthy. She is science and compassion rolled into one. I would definitely recommend her to anyone seeking fertility treatment. ... Dr. Browne is understanding and takes time with her patients. ... After initial testing I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and given the go ahead to keep trying naturally for another 3-6 months.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be open about your feelings and hesitations. Ask a lot of questions because she is willing to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Browne is understanding and takes time with her patients. Anytime I’ve had to talk with her or her nurse I have never felt pressured or rushed. She explains things and let’s patients talk about concerns, research they have read about and answer any and all questions you might have.
Describe the protocols Paulette Browne used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
After trying for 6 months my husband and I got a recommendation from our primary care doctor for Shady Grove. Having no idea what to expect when we called we were asked if we had a preference for which doctor we wanted and we did not. I feel we truly lucked out on getting Dr. Browne. After initial testing I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and given the go ahead to keep trying naturally for another 3-6 months. After one very early miscarriage we started on Clomid through my regular OBGYN and without any monitoring. We did this for a few months and nothing happened. Once off of Clomid we contacted Dr. Browne to try IUIs. Right before we were set to start I had a chemical pregnancy confirmed. The next month we started IUIs and Dr. Browne was nothing but helpful throughout the process. I saw her for every monitoring appointment with the nurse. We tried four rounds of IUIs with two different doses of clomid, a round with Letrozole and then a round with both Clomid and Gonal (injectables). Only once with the higher dose Clomid did we get two follicles to respond. At this point we went for more testing showing my AMH and FSH levels were showing signs of diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality. Which was what they thought was resulting it early pregnancy losses. After the last IUI cycle we decided we needed a break and took a couple months off. Two months later we ended up pregnant again only to have another early loss. With no insurance coverage for IVF we stopped all fertility treatments for a little over a year. Then just a few months ago decided (with the help of family) to begin IVF using the multicycle discount (I no longer qualified for shared risk due to my levels). I went on birth control for two weeks and then I started on Menopur 150 IUs and Gonal 300 IUs. After three days of that dose they upped my gonal to 450 IUs. I did this dosing for 12 days (added in Cetrotide at day 11). However, due to my response to meds, my levels showing I ovulated and the current COVID 19 crisis my cycle was cancelled after 12 days of stims. Doctor Browne called me personally to apologize and explained everything to me. Then within the hour her nurse also called to check on me to see if I had any follow up questions. They also told me that they had some medication donations as well as different protocol for whenever the next cycle begins. (Switching from antagonist protocol to a flair protocol). They are hopeful that with my AMH and FSH levels this will result in me being able to actual make it to the retrieval stage. At this point it’s just a waiting to game for my period to start again so I can begin my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Smith)
I love Patrice! Warm, kind, funny, understanding and most importantly patient. She takes her time with patients and is just one of the most calming people I know.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is the best. Everyone is kind that I have interacted with from the front desk to phlebotomists. The ultra sound technicians are kind and upbeat as well. The entire staff at any Shady Grove office I’ve been to has been professional and knowledgeable. They will always say good luck as you leave and even though it’s a small gesture it makes you feel like they are truly rooting for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility.
$18,500 for two round of IVF which included all monitoring appts, two retrievals but unlimited transfers. Medication was separate cost.
Describe Paulette Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Paulette Browne
Fair Oaks

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Li has been positive and kind from the beginning...The overall strategy was what came from my baseline and test of bloodwork. I believe my baseline for estrogen is not high enough so I was on Menopur 75 which moved up to 150 on the 7th or 8th day, Gonal stayed at 250 both retrieval’s. For my second retrieval Menopur went up to 150 right away...
My monitoring appointments [at SGF] are always consistent I know what to expect and know I will always get my results within a few hours of the appointment...Always welcoming, efficient and professional. I love the Rockville office more than the DC, and Arlington not because of the people but it’s bigger and feels like a safe haven...Global package IVF #1 $8,000 Storage $1,800 last year fee plus $35 every month FET #1 $4,600 Shared risk program IVF #2 $20,000 Medication total $5,000
How was your experience with Sandy Li at Shady Grove Fertility?
Doctor to patient I would love to see her face to face more. I think in a total 2.5 years we have seen her 3 times. I haven’t seen her yet this year and I’ve done a IVF cycle, retrieval and ERA with transfer approaching. I understand with covid-19 now but I don’t think we met up her her face to face last year either. Would love more of that.
To compile all questions and concerns up front in your consultation because even though Dr. Li has a team of nurses it’s always better to hear your concerns coming straight from your doctor.
Dr. Li has been positive and kind from the beginning. Even with her positivity she tells it how it is in her soft sweet voice. It’s comforting and encouraging to know she really does care about us as soon to be parents (one day) and just as hopeful as we are to create a family.
The overall strategy was what came from my baseline and test of bloodwork. I believe my baseline for estrogen is not high enough so I was on Menopur 75 which moved up to 150 on the 7th or 8th day, Gonal stayed at 250 both retrieval’s. For my second retrieval Menopur went up to 150 right away (maybe on day 3) this was successful I believe because we got 17 eggs, 15 mature. Whereas first cycle was 12 eggs, 9 mature. My protocol for my second IVF was to do a ERA and PGS testing since we had 2 failed transfers on good lookin embryos. Waiting on ERA results and PGS testing gave us all 5 genetically normal embryos. So happy and would say my protocol has been successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Wang, Priscllia, Alana)
I had Jenny Wang for 2 years, she was incredible and always on top of it. She left, and now I have a team of 3, I honestly don’t like it that much now I feel like a number because I don’t know who I’m talking to or who will reply. And even though there are 3 this cycle has felt less organized than when Jenny was my only nurse. They are nice and I’m not trying to complain about them they do there job but like I said I’m a number now.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are amazing as a whole. No complaints. Always welcoming, efficient and professional. I love the Rockville office more than the DC, and Arlington not because of the people but it’s bigger and feels like a safe haven. I could be bias though because that was were I started and now I live in Virginia so Fairfax or Arlington is closer. All are great.
My monitoring appointments are always consistent I know what to expect and know I will always get my results within a few hours of the appointment.
No I completely understand, I’m under 35 I know the risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
A few times I had an appointment and they didn’t see. Which resulted in me waiting a couple times over 45 mins.
Sandy Li
Rockville

I saw Dr. Sagoskin once to consult on my treatment plan. Then I was assigned a nurse, which acts a go between for you and the doctor, but my nurse changed multiple times...We were told the consultation would take 30 minutes, but we probably were with him for 10 minutes...He gave us a diagnosis of unexplained infertility and recommended an IUI treatment cycle for three months. I was hesitant and wanted to try timed intercourse with the fertility drugs first, which he agreed to.
SGF definitely has a lot of experience treating infertility, as evidenced from the always crowded waiting rooms at the clinic. And while your treatment plan may be personalized, you shouldn't expect to get a lot of personal attention, as you see and communicate with different doctors and nurses during and between each appointment...Despite these shortcomings, I got the result I wanted and am now 10 weeks pregnant, and I know other women who have also had successful pregnancies as a result of treatment at SGF.
How was your experience with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Our initial consult with Dr. Sagoskin was the only time we saw him. He gave us a diagnosis of unexplained infertility and recommended an IUI treatment cycle for three months. I was hesitant and wanted to try timed intercourse with the fertility drugs first, which he agreed to. We ended up switching to his original IUI plan during the next cycle. We were told the consultation would take 30 minutes, but we probably were with him for 10 minutes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
SGF felt like a factory. I saw Dr. Sagoskin once to consult on my treatment plan. Then I was assigned a nurse, which acts a go between for you and the doctor, but my nurse changed multiple times. And while the factory produced effective results, it wasn't always efficient (i.e. scheduling problems, long wait times). My husband was also diagnosed with a pituitary tumor during our treatment at SGF, which is why I decided to switch from timed intercourse (with fertility drugs) to IUI, but not once did the doctor or nurse ask how he was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leah/Allyson/Priscilla)
Something happened to the first nurse I was assigned to. I was handed off to a new nurse and then later handed off again to another nurse. They usually answered my email questions or provided after visit instructions after appointments via the phone during the week, but during the weekend or sometimes even during the week, I would end up getting instructions from completely different nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SGF definitely has a lot of experience treating infertility, as evidenced from the always crowded waiting rooms at the clinic. And while your treatment plan may be personalized, you shouldn't expect to get a lot of personal attention, as you see and communicate with different doctors and nurses during and between each appointment. Have patience and ask for payment receipts as their front desk seems to be switching between payment and scheduling systems. Don't feel pressured to pay your account balance when you check out before receiving an itemized bill -- I was asked to do this several times and got annoyed not knowing what treatments/tests I was being asked to pay for. Despite these shortcomings, I got the result I wanted and am now 10 weeks pregnant, and I know other women who have also had successful pregnancies as a result of treatment at SGF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance (Kaiser) was able to adjust the below prices and covered 50% of my treatments, except the OB ultrasounds. SGF applied a self-pay discount for these. I got my fertility drugs from a combination of the Kaiser pharmacy and RARX pharmacy for about $100 each cycle; the latter was recommended by SGF. IUI: $360 OB ultrasound: $230 Regular transvaginal ultrasound: $215 Blood draws: $15 Blood tests: $65-90 Initial consult: $160
Arthur Sagoskin
Rockville
Dr Khan is a straight shooter and that’s what I wanted. For me, being human is being realistic and well informed. Dr Khan is both. I don’t need to be best friends with my RE - I want a baby and to move on with my life. ... Dr Khan is on top of the latest science and was very hands on as we selected our egg donor. I felt I could ask about my protocol and he would get back to me with his rationale in making certain decisions. I felt the coordination level between SGF offices was high. I never had any issues or confusion. Dr Khan is detail oriented and will be realistic about your prognosis.
I had zero issues - everything had been straight forward so far. From the finance team to my primary clinic to the clinic I went to for transfer — no issues. I was able to speak the embryologist on transfer day and see a photo of our embryo which I appreciated. ... I felt the coordination level between SGF offices was high. ... [nurses] Completely on the ball in every aspect. Always returned munch calls, helpful and educated.
How was your experience with Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Khan is willing to spend time answering your questions and talking to you about different options. Be prepared with your thoughts and it will be a productive conversation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Naveed Khan used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I am doing the shared risk egg donor program — we did 1:2 and anonymously shared the egg haul with another receipt(s). We got 12 mature eggs, 10 of which became blasts, 6 of which tested PGS normal. This is an incredible result so far. We got one blast in two retrievals with my own eggs. I am currently pregnant from our first transfer - although it is early.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Naveed Khan at Shady Grove Fertility.
We paid around $50k for all inclusive 1:2 shared risk program and PGS testing. Baby or money back.
Describe Naveed Khan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Non-issue. I only wanted to transfer one at a time so it wasn’t something discussed at length.
Naveed Khan
Leesburg

She [Dr. Devine] is extremely intelligent and cares for her patients, I have no doubt she's a leader in the field, but I do have some outstanding questions on how involved she was every step of the way...called me to discuss options and next steps and really wanted the best for me. The hard part is that she didn't perform any of the procedures and did most of the evaluation of my progress in the background, so I'm not entirely sure how involved she was. I also would have appreciated her educating us on all of our options earlier on and on how IVF works. You don't know the correct questions to even ask during the first couple of meetings.
SGF is a great, professional clinic. That said, it can feel very impersonal at times. I would insist on one nurse contact and to have your doctor perform procedures. I'm not sure that the doctors fully understood my unique situation...You must ask questions, do TONS of research early on, even if some of these treatments won't apply to you, it's important to know and ask about them...Kelsey [nurse] was fantastic. The hiccup occurred when Shady Grove moved to a shared nursing model midway through my treatment. Kelsey is the only nurse I know or met, so when other nurses call me (especially to deliver bad news), it just sounds like a stranger on the line. I would have had an even better experience if Kelsey had been the main point of contact all the way through. I would have felt more comfortable asking questions and feeling supported.
How was your experience with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
I can't answer this in full yet because I'm still undergoing treatment. She is extremely intelligent and cares for her patients, I have no doubt she's a leader in the field, but I do have some outstanding questions on how involved she was every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be educated and ask questions up front. Ask questions and get specific answers and talk statistics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Devine called me to discuss options and next steps and really wanted the best for me. The hard part is that she didn't perform any of the procedures and did most of the evaluation of my progress in the background, so I'm not entirely sure how involved she was. I also would have appreciated her educating us on all of our options earlier on and on how IVF works. You don't know the correct questions to even ask during the first couple of meetings.
Describe the protocols Kate Devine used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
Kelsey was fantastic. The hiccup occurred when Shady Grove moved to a shared nursing model midway through my treatment. Kelsey is the only nurse I know or met, so when other nurses call me (especially to deliver bad news), it just sounds like a stranger on the line. I would have had an even better experience if Kelsey had been the main point of contact all the way through. I would have felt more comfortable asking questions and feeling supported.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
SGF is a great, professional clinic. That said, it can feel very impersonal at times. I would insist on one nurse contact and to have your doctor perform procedures. I'm not sure that the doctors fully understood my unique situation. I can't fully answer since I'm still undergoing treatment. You must ask questions, do TONS of research early on, even if some of these treatments won't apply to you, it's important to know and ask about them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kate Devine at Shady Grove Fertility.
it went through insurance, so i'm not sure of the negotiated rates.
Describe Kate Devine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. Devine recommends SET, as does Shady Grove and we followed that guidance.
Kate Devine
Washington DC

We felt well guided under our care of Dr. Moon. She is frank, to the point and is usually quite clear in her prognosis and decision-making, though we had a bit of an oddball case (says everyone dealing with infertility)...took a Sunday call with us to sort through it and give us feedback on how we would approach it moving forward...29 eggs collected, 17 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst (1AB, 3AA). Transferred 4AB embryo, pregnant but likely will be ending in a miscarriage (hcg not rising appropriately on second blood draw).
I would've liked to have Dr. Moon at our retrieval and transfers but frankly, that's not how Shady Grove works and we understood that clearly before we began...29 eggs collected, 17 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst (1AB, 3AA)...Nothing specific went wrong, but there were a lot of monitoring appointments that weren't set and were just loosely scheduled, which is how this clinic works, for better or worse. I wish there were set monitoring times, I had 30-45 mins waits at the beginning of my IVF cycle for a blood draw which just is because there is an overload of folks scheduled at the exact same time. Too open-ended for scheduling, there really becomes no put to even schedule then.
How was your experience with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
We felt well guided under our care of Dr. Moon. She is frank, to the point and is usually quite clear in her prognosis and decision-making, though we had a bit of an oddball case (says everyone dealing with infertility). I would've liked to have Dr. Moon at our retrieval and transfers but frankly, that's not how Shady Grove works and we understood that clearly before we began. I would like to see more clarity on communication with regard to the pandemic, the clinic, not necessarily Dr. Moon herself, waited a long time, gave unclear directives and made the experience much more unclear; we understand no one plans for this, but the clinic gave very little clarity on action plans for us when it all happened mid-transfer. It was really hard to deal with that uncertainty and I hope communication for Dr. Moon and others improves to reassure patients within each person's portfolio.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
No direct advice; continue to give each person time on the feedback calls; we really loved after our retrieval that we didn't receive the numbers we assumed would happen and Dr. Moon took a Sunday call with us to sort through it and give us feedback on how we would approach it moving forward!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Moon was clear in her protocol and treated us and our case with respect each time we met.
Describe the protocols Kimberly Moon used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol - Lupron not HCG to lessen risk of OHSS; stimmed for 11 days with Gonal-F, Menopur, and then Ganirelix/Cetrotide. 29 eggs collected, 17 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst (1AB, 3AA). Transferred 4AB embryo, pregnant but likely will be ending in a miscarriage (hcg not rising appropriately on second blood draw).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
We came into our first cycle as changes were being made to the nursing staff. Therefore, we went from having one primary nurse we worked with to having a team of nurses that seemed to change quite a bit. I would advise there has to be some sort of communication by the clinic to change these things; people get attached, and rightfully so in a process like this and when changes to nursing teams are made, it can make things like communication change. I'd like to see Shady Grove be more forthright with this information before changes simply show up.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic can feel like a conveyor belt; personalized care with a doctor, when seen by your doctor, is good but between starting my IVF cycle and likely ending this pregnancy in a miscarriage, I've talked directly to my doctor four times which when I really think about it, is pretty low for a 45 day span of invasive treatments. I think there is a lot of responsibility built into this that the nurses play which is great, however, with the recent switch to team nursing it really can be hard to feel "connected" to anyone at the practice. I hope that Shady Grove is able to balance this out and provide continuous personalized care to many but also still being clear on the quality aspect!
Yes, total cluster 45 min wait times for some days. Not the best way to start and there is then no point to providing monitoring appointments if it's first-come first serve open-ended whenever you want to show up!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility.
Covered by insurance
Describe Kimberly Moon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

2020, Consult
IUI With Other Docs
[Dr. Andrea Reh] made it clear that she may or may not be the doc to perform some procedures based on the day and timing of the cycle...She made recommendations but also allowed me to make my own informed decision. Due to having endometriosis and one blocked tube IVF is the preferred treatment...Following initial ultrasound she reported to her staff that I would have to take birth control for one month prior to proceeding. I just started Clomid cycle with Gonal f injection
Weakness [at Shady Grove Fertility]: financial services are helpful. I do not like that I don't receive an itemized bill of what I am actually spending money on SPECIFICALLY...Overall the entire SGF team at all locations work together for treatment...Staff are all phenomenal. Kind, personable, helpful. One nurse shared her own SGF story with me (she was a patient before becoming and employee)...It was explained that single embryo is preferred. I am not at this stage yet so we will see what happens in the future
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
At this time I have only met with Dr. Reh once for my consultation. She made recommendations but also allowed me to make my own informed decision. Due to having endometriosis and one blocked tube IVF is the preferred treatment. My insurance does not cover IVF so I decided to begin with IUI for a few cycles. Dr. Reh moved forward with my desired treatment. Following initial ultrasound she reported to her staff that I would have to take birth control for one month prior to proceeding. I just started Clomid cycle with Gonal f injection
Have all documents in order to present to her so that she can review them with you in the room. If she has questions she can ask. Make notes of your questions and ask them at the end...once she is finished talking
Dr. Reh was thorough and very matter of fact which is a quality I like. She presents as a little rehearsed in effort to ensure she gets all pertinent information out prior to allowing questions to be asked. My suggestion with her would be to take notes as she speaks and at the end seek clarification on details. She is open about the structure of SGF in that you will not likely meet with her after the consultation but she and her team are involved in monitoring the process closely. Dr Reh also made it clear that she may or may not be the doc to perform some procedures based on the day and timing of the cycle. Overall the entire SGF team at all locations work together for treatment
Initial ultrasound, one month of birth control, Clomid (5 days) and Gonal f injection plus trigger shot, IUI. I am currently still taking the Clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Herbert)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I appreciate them for remaining open during COVID 19 madness. They have taken measures to reduce number of people in clinic during monitoring hours. Weakness: financial services are helpful. I do not like that I don't receive an itemized bill of what I am actually spending money on SPECIFICALLY.
Kaiser insurance: thus far $377 for Rx, $450 for IUI, $30 office visit

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
While I know she [Dr. Kimberly Moon] knows who my husband and I are and preformed 2/3 of my egg retrievals, I also feel we're a number in that i don't feel like a lot of time and effort is being put in to figure out a creative way to mitigate our MFI and allow us to have another biological baby. After our failed IVF cycle in 2019, we were recommended to use 50% donor sperm on next cycle. I feel like there has to be other options out there.
Both [nurses at Shady Grove Fertility] showed compassion and answered my portal questions on the same day and with accuracy...Shared Risk for my age was $22,500.00 Multi-Cycle (2 cycles) was $18,500.00...There are many location options to visit. The Rockville surgery center is well decorated and relaxing and the staff there have always been great. I have been pleased with my retrieval experiences. Weaknesses - Not enough convenient weekend clinic options. Upper MD has Rockville, VA has Fairfax, DC has K Street, but those of us in Southern Maryland don't have anything and have to drive 30-60 minutes for weekend monitoring appointments. The K Street office also doesn't have a free parking option, if not on Sunday's. I was able to monitor at Waldorf for my March 2020 cycle and save on the headache of fighting DC traffic and parking meters, but I don't know if I will be able to do that for future cycles. Another weakness is operating hours -- would be helpful if the clinics opened at 6a for monitoring on weekd
How was your experience with Kimberly Moon at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Moon is well educated and seems to be a numbers person. During our consult for our second IVF cycle with her for a second biological child, she ran our data from our cycle 2 years prior through a spreadsheet they had to predict likelihood for success with unexplained infertility and our age and the numbers were so-so. I pushed and asked why we only ended up with (1) blastocyst when I had 21 retrieved and 17 mature/fertilized. She responded that to her that points to male factor infertility bc the cells live off the maternal protein the initial 3 days and then once getting past 4-cells they live off the male DNA. Since we still had 10+ embryos after our Day-2 update and then only 1 come day 5/6/7, she deducts there are some MFI issues and referred us to the urologist in her practice if we wanted more information. If we had decided not to go, then we never would have learned about the Sperm DNA Fragmentation test that is available. I don't know why this test wasn't recommended after our initial 2-failed IUIs or when his semen analysis in initial work up was so-so. The results came back that 36% of his sperm had DNA fragmentation and success for frag over 30% isn't good. For our IVF cycle in 2019 to attempt for our second baby, the urologist recommended he perform a TESE procedure on my husband to get to the source of the sperm before they get fragmented in ejaculation. Again, we had 21 retrieved and 17 mature/fertilize but only 2 make it to blastocysts (day 5 & 6). They were tested and both came back abnormal. At that point, Dr. Moon and the board reviewed our case and decided we could not continue in the Shared Risk program, unless we used 50% donor sperm and 50% of my husband's. While I get they want to protect their data and pregnancy rates, this felt like a blow that they didn't have faith in our future outcomes. We want a full biological family and we know it is possible since we have our son; we'd think they would come up with ways to help overcome this DNA fragmentation. They moved our deposit for Shared Risk over to a Multi-Cycle program (2 tries) and then I don't know what we'll do if those two don't work..... After that failed cycle, I read up on whatever studies I could find and put my husband on supplements for 3-months and he was trying to work on getting his BMI down since the clinic didn't have any recommendations on what we could do to make a difference. Sadly our March 2020 IVF cycle had about 20 retrieved; 18 mature and fertilized and only 2 made it to blast again and both came back abnormal again. We have a teleconference with Dr. Moon this afternoon to talk about next steps, I guess. Curious to see what she'll say....
Don't be afraid to do your own research and schedule calls with her to get questions answered.
My response is mixed. While I know she knows who my husband and I are and preformed 2/3 of my egg retrievals, I also feel we're a number in that i don't feel like a lot of time and effort is being put in to figure out a creative way to mitigate our MFI and allow us to have another biological baby. After our failed IVF cycle in 2019, we were recommended to use 50% donor sperm on next cycle. I feel like there has to be other options out there.
I don't recall the treatment protocols for my (2) IUIs, but for my (3) IVF cycles she had me on an antagonist protocol with 225 Gonal-F and (3) vials of Menopur. I am slower to respond, esp. my right side, so my 3rd cycle I was started on these higher doses and stayed pretty steady throughout cycle. Only (1) IVF cycle in 2017 was successful with producing (1) blastocyst (our son). Have a tele-consult with our Dr. this afternoon and am curious if there is another protocol we can try for our final cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Lana and Caroline were the two I remember communicating the most with during my two cycles the last 6-months. Both showed compassion and answered my portal questions on the same day and with accuracy. In 2017 I did have (1) assigned nurse, Kate Manders, and I didn't 100% care for her. She was nice enough but seemed pretty cold/robotic. She is now the K Street Patient Care Coordinator or Office Manager or something to that effect.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths - Monitoring appointments are quick and efficient. There are many location options to visit. The Rockville surgery center is well decorated and relaxing and the staff there have always been great. I have been pleased with my retrieval experiences. Weaknesses - Not enough convenient weekend clinic options. Upper MD has Rockville, VA has Fairfax, DC has K Street, but those of us in Southern Maryland don't have anything and have to drive 30-60 minutes for weekend monitoring appointments. The K Street office also doesn't have a free parking option, if not on Sunday's. I was able to monitor at Waldorf for my March 2020 cycle and save on the headache of fighting DC traffic and parking meters, but I don't know if I will be able to do that for future cycles. Another weakness is operating hours -- would be helpful if the clinics opened at 6a for monitoring on weekdays and stay with 7a on weekends so patients can still get to work at a semi-decent hour.
Shared Risk for my age was $22,500.00 Multi-Cycle (2 cycles) was $18,500.00 PGT-A Testing - $5,000.00 TESE - $5,000.00 Sperm Analysis - $50.00 Sperm DNA Fragmentation Test - $250.00
Washington DC

His [Dr. Levens] knowledge and competence is without question. ... Because he was not available without an appointment, it was difficult to speak with him about questions or concerns. This was frustrating because it was my first cycle. He is thorough and compassionate if the news is not as hoped as was our case. He has adjusted treatment based on our specific results and explained the next steps.
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] overall is doing a great job however we noticed a lack of consistency in result reporting in dealing with the nursing staff. My nurse would call and not give the details of my monitoring appt or test results unless I asked specifics while others nurses would give me the results without prompting. After talking with my doc the day I was scheduled to trigger another nurse was trying to get us to buy more meds! She had not looked at my chart really and we could tell she had no idea but it did cause some confusion that day.
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
His knowledge and competence is without question. As a doctor myself, I had to remind him that I wanted to know every detail without the sugarcoating or layman's optimism. Because he was not available without an appointment, it was difficult to speak with him about questions or concerns. This was frustrating because it was my first cycle. He is thorough and compassionate if the news is not as hoped as was our case. He has adjusted treatment based on our specific results and explained the next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
Patients have all different backgrounds and those who want to know more detail should be treated accordingly within reason.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility?
It was at times difficult to speak directly with him, however, I understand that he is extremely busy as the medical director of the clinic. When I did leave questions, he definitely would call back with an answer within a day or two. He was well versed with my record when we did talk.
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Based on AMH, FSH, it was determined that my ovarian reserve was more than adequate and similar to someone approximately 5-6 yrs younger however quality was still unknown. The protocol was about 15 days and began with gonal f 150iu and 75iu of menopur. The menopur was increased up to 225 in the last week. I took doses of Cetrotide and used Leuprolide as the trigger. 17 eggs were retrieved, 13 of which were mature. 9 embryos were fertilized with 2 making it to day 6. Embryo testing of the 2 showed chromosome 21 trisomy and chromosome 21 monosomy. My husband and I were sent out for karyotype testing and awaiting results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Schmidt)
She was very responsive and willing to go the extra mile if needed. She was always accessible which was a plus considering that I could not always reach my doc. She would pass along any message or question so that I could get an answer quickly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic overall is doing a great job however we noticed a lack of consistency in result reporting in dealing with the nursing staff. My nurse would call and not give the details of my monitoring appt or test results unless I asked specifics while others nurses would give me the results without prompting. After talking with my doc the day I was scheduled to trigger another nurse was trying to get us to buy more meds! She had not looked at my chart really and we could tell she had no idea but it did cause some confusion that day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility.
We did a multicycle package with a military discount and paid additional 5k for blast genetic testing. Altogether the services were 18k without medication.
Describe Eric Levens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Given our age and no children, we will be transferring more than 1 blast if available.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Previous box discussed this conflict.
Eric Levens
Fairfax

2015 - 2020, 17 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Nair is] Warm, honest, compassionate...She truly cares about her patients, and can evaluate each patient’s specific needs to determine the best course of action. She tells the truth, shares empathy, and always strives for the best outcomes for each patient...was willing to be as aggressive and patient as I was willing to be. It took a maximum amount of ovarian stimulation each cycle, and I took 4-6 days longer than average to get to the right blood level numbers (showing optimal ovarian stimulation) each cycle. Other doctors would have likely cancelled my first cycle when it took so long. Dr Nair did discuss this possibility and ramifications with me, but did let me keep trying a bit longer. Turns out, I’m just a slow goer; we successfully harvested 6 eggs the first round, which I was ecstatic about given my poor indicators. She helped me maximize each of 3 cycles, through medication decisions, and was my cheerleader throughout the process. We harvested 18 eggs over 3 cycles (over 2ish years) and froze 17 mature eggs. A few years later, my new husband and I are starting the process to thaw and fertilize and hopefully transfer an embryo! As with the freezing procedures, I trust and valie her recommendations 100%.
My medication costs were at the highest end of the spectrum, due to my situation. Dr Nair’s team [at Shady Grove Fertility] gave me tips on how to find the most cost effective pharmacies to fill them...many positives include efficiency, a proven track record, multiple locations and ease of access, and great historical data on outcomes. Despite this “Big Center” status (for lack of a better term), I have never felt like “just” a number or “just” a source of revenue.
How was your experience with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Warm, honest, compassionate, and expert. I fully trust her advice and recommendations and feel like I could not have a better doctor for this journey. She truly cares about her patients, and can evaluate each patient’s specific needs to determine the best course of action. She tells the truth, shares empathy, and always strives for the best outcomes for each patient. She is a Godsend.
This is the doctor that you want to work with! She’s on your side and in your fight as much as you are.
Dr Nair is exactly what you want in a fertility doctor: open, honest, transparent, warm. She has an excellent bedside manner, and gently shares all data (good & not so good) so that you can make the best decisions. She also inquires and cares about your emotional health, not just your physical health. I cannot recommend her enough.
Describe the protocols Anitha Nair used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
During early processes for elective egg freezing at age 37, it became apparent that I had diminished ovarian reserves and might not have the outcome I wanted. Dr Nair delivered these facts gently and compassionately, and was willing to be as aggressive and patient as I was willing to be. It took a maximum amount of ovarian stimulation each cycle, and I took 4-6 days longer than average to get to the right blood level numbers (showing optimal ovarian stimulation) each cycle. Other doctors would have likely cancelled my first cycle when it took so long. Dr Nair did discuss this possibility and ramifications with me, but did let me keep trying a bit longer. Turns out, I’m just a slow goer; we successfully harvested 6 eggs the first round, which I was ecstatic about given my poor indicators. She helped me maximize each of 3 cycles, through medication decisions, and was my cheerleader throughout the process. We harvested 18 eggs over 3 cycles (over 2ish years) and froze 17 mature eggs. A few years later, my new husband and I are starting the process to thaw and fertilize and hopefully transfer an embryo! As with the freezing procedures, I trust and valie her recommendations 100%.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer young)
So caring and communicative! She was proactive and checked in on procedures I had with my general ob/gyn to see how I was recovering!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove’s many positives include efficiency, a proven track record, multiple locations and ease of access, and great historical data on outcomes. Despite this “Big Center” status (for lack of a better term), I have never felt like “just” a number or “just” a source of revenue.
My medication costs were at the highest end of the spectrum, due to my situation. Dr Nair’s team gave me tips on how to find the most cost effective pharmacies to fill them. The per cycle cost was hefty, yes, but I truly felt that I got what I paid for, from start to finish.
Describe Anitha Nair's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Not yet!
Washington DC

[Dr. Sunita Kulshrestha] has been very informative, comforting, and makes time for virtual consults or to answer questions over the phone during the COVDI-19 pandemic. She, and her team, have been amazing during this holding pattern in our lives and we are thankful for them...Everyone's treatment is specifically tailored to their needs so that the best outcome can be reached. There is no "one size fits all" approach with Dr. Kulshrestha.
All of the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility of Waldorf have been amazing. They are very knowledgeable if we have questions or concerns, and they're very responsive to phone calls and messages in the patient portal. Our care coordinator has been very clear about financial responsibilities associated with treatment and fee schedules... The clinic is very intimate, so it never feels like you're a number. We're usually the only couple being seen during our appointment time.
How was your experience with Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Kulshrestha is very warm, approachable, and friendly. She listens to patient concerns and is great at drawing diagrams to really drive information home. She has made this experience at lot less daunting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be patient. Everyone's treatment is specifically tailored to their needs so that the best outcome can be reached. There is no "one size fits all" approach with Dr. Kulshrestha.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Kulshrestha has always been very transparent and effervescent, from our very first consultation. I initially saw her in 2018 for an evaluation because of difficulty getting pregnant after 1 year of trying. A month after the initial consultation, I fell pregnant naturally. Unfortunately the pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. After rebounding from our loss, we decided to give fertility treatments another try in 2019. Our IUI was unsuccessful but it helped us better understand some of the barriers that were causing fertility issues. As we were beginning baseline reading for IVF in 2020 Dr. Kulshrestha found a cyst on my right ovary, fast forward to my MRI results-- I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endmetriosis due to a 6.5 mm endometrioma on my right ovary. Now that I know for sure that I have severe endometriosis, I understand that IVF is our only option to start our family. Dr. Kulshrestha has been very informative, comforting, and makes time for virtual consults or to answer questions over the phone during the COVDI-19 pandemic. She, and her team, have been amazing during this holding pattern in our lives and we are thankful for them.
Describe the protocols Sunita Kulshrestha (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Femara 2.5 mg, increased to 5 mg daily to help with follicle stimulation. Ovidrel (trigger shot) and IUI 48 hours later. Progesterone suppositories to maintain uterine lining. 2 week wait for blood draw pregnancy test. We attempted timed cycles prior to IUI #1.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gladys Wilkins, MPA, PA-C)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic has excellent hours. Our work schedule allows us 1 week day off so we have managed to have our appointments on that day so that our patients won't have to be rescheduled. The clinic is very intimate, so it never feels like you're a number. We're usually the only couple being seen during our appointment time.
Sunita Kulshrestha (retired)
Waldorf

Dr. Osborn is soft spoken but very friendly and willing to answer any questions you have. She knows who you are and shares results with you personally as needed...She is much more willing to share and elaborate if you ask questions. She doesn't talk just to talk so be prepared with what you want to know...She is realistic and clear with what she expects from treatment...Antagonist protocol for retrieval which resulted in less embryos than I expected but exactly what SGF predicted for me...
SGF is big but Sibley is a small office so you don't feel like just a number the way you might in the Rockville office. Most of my monitoring was done at Sibley so it's the same nurses and staff that you encounter every time. SGF is very technical and wants the best outcome for you. Everything that they do is research based so you know that they are making the most educated decisions on your behalf...
How was your experience with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
I believe that all the doctors at SGF are required to follow strict guidelines so there is not a lot of experimentation that I've seen so far but I have a fairly straightforward case. Dr. Osborn has always been friendly, considerate and willing to answer any questions that I've had. She has been the one to share good and bad news with me and will always contact me if I've requested to hear from her. She is realistic and clear with what she expects from treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Barbara Osborn used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel, Carolyn, KC)
I've had various nurses throughout my year with SGF due to a few different factors within the office. All of them are clear, friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Osborn at Shady Grove Fertility.
I had insurance coverage so I do not know the total amount of each procedure.
Describe Barbara Osborn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
eSET is recommended.
Barbara Osborn
Sibley

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Durso] is matter-of-fact with the combination of age, BMI, personal diagnosis, and predicted outcomes but that is something my husband and I need in our doctor. ... She would’ve stopped us after our 3rd IUI and moved us to IVF but we weren’t comfortable without one more try. She listened to us and gave it a 4th and final attempt. Now we are comfortable moving into IVF with ICSI since our attempts revealed MFI in addition to my PCOS.
From the moment we started going to the Fredericksburg SGF location, we felt welcomed and cared for. We are usually seen right at our scheduled appointment time, which I can’t say for most doctor’s offices. The entire staff - from the PAs/Administrative to the nursing staff to Dr.Durso - are the perfect fit for us. ... Our primary nurse is Andrea Williams and she is absolutely terrific. We always feel welcome in our office and she is an excellent listener and has the most compassionate heart. She is great with communication in person, over the phone, and in email.
How was your experience with Nancy Durso at Shady Grove Fertility?
The only thing that may be considered a weakness to some is that Dr. Durso can be a bit socially awkward when it comes to small talk or casual conversation. She’s a great listener, though, if you like to chat. Regardless, when it’s time to talk treatment she really knows her stuff and gives you a clear plan and predicted outcomes, and we leave comfortable with every appointment we have with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Durso at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be open and honest with her. She would’ve stopped us after our 3rd IUI and moved us to IVF but we weren’t comfortable without one more try. She listened to us and gave it a 4th and final attempt. Now we are comfortable moving into IVF with ICSI since our attempts revealed MFI in addition to my PCOS.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Durso at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Durso was very kind from our initial consultation and actively listened to what brought us to her for treatment. When I cried during the consult she simply paused, pushed a box of tissue to me and allowed me to get it out. Once I was done crying she asked if I was ready to continue. That was very kind and I did not feel judged. She is matter-of-fact with the combination of age, BMI, personal diagnosis, and predicted outcomes but that is something my husband and I need in our doctor.
Describe the protocols Nancy Durso used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Because of my PCOS we had to use Provera to jumpstart the first treatment, as well as Letrazole tablets because previous attempts with Clomid (at my former OBGYN) failed. We did 4 IUIs using Gonal-F and triggering with Ovidrel. I was also placed on progesterone suppositories and Estrace, both taken vaginally. None resulted in pregnancy but male factor infertility was revealed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Williams)
Our primary nurse is Andrea Williams and she is absolutely terrific. We always feel welcome in our office and she is an excellent listener and has the most compassionate heart. She is great with communication in person, over the phone, and in email. Responses are always very timely. And if you’re a hugger, she gives good ones. We also meet with Nurse Rosie for most of our appointments and I can’t say enough good things about her either. She’s an excellent listener, very thorough with the scans and walks you through what she’s seeing. She is gentle with “Wanda” and makes the entire visit somehow not seem overly intrusive. Nurse Andrea and Nurse Rosie make you feel more like family...not a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
From the moment we started going to the Fredericksburg SGF location, we felt welcomed and cared for. We are usually seen right at our scheduled appointment time, which I can’t say for most doctor’s offices. The entire staff - from the PAs/Administrative to the nursing staff to Dr.Durso - are the perfect fit for us. Since our first consultation in December 2018, there has been only 1 appointment I can recall where there was a hiccup. There was a scheduling error and our appointment that we scheduled by phone didn’t make it into the system. It was a very busy time and we fault no one for this...especially with how it was handled. When we showed up, the person who we scheduled with said she didn’t see it in the system but she remembered talking with me about it and immediately apologized and asked me to wait a moment. She went to the back to let them know what happened and Dr. Durso herself came out and said she had back to back appointments but she’d still meet with us if we didn’t mind waiting. We waited and she saw us and answered all questions even past closing. TWO THUMBS UP for service!
Describe Nancy Durso's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We have not yet undergone our first IVF round but I did ask if we would be able to transfer two embryos. Dr. Durso highly recommends only transferring one because it will ultimately be safer for mom and baby.
Nancy Durso
Fredericksburg

[Dr. Anitha Nair] always seemed too busy and in a rush to answer our questions...often describe my result in vague terms, and we had to push her to get actual numbers - for example what my fsh/amh levels were. When she advised that we were going to be withdrawn from the shared risk program she joked, “now you guys can take the money and go buy a boat!” She meant it to be a joke, but it was quite hurtful in the moment and revealed that she didn’t seem to be really in touch with the pain that we were going through.
Shady grove is a big clinic, you rarely see a Dr. Or your nurse in person who is informed about the details of your case...can choose to terminate you from their shared risk program at any time...We were not informed of the pros and cons or fresh vs. frozen transfers...We had issues with communication and did not feel supported when we had to make serious decisions...did not feel like we got an individualized treatment plan tailored to my case.
How was your experience with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
We had issues with communication and did not feel supported when we had to make serious decisions. It would be difficult to get a complete overview of the facts of my case from Dr. Nair. She always seemed too busy and in a rush to answer our questions. She would often describe my result in vague terms, and we had to push her to get actual numbers - for example what my fsh/amh levels were. When she advised that we were going to be withdrawn from the shared risk program she joked, “now you guys can take the money and go buy a boat!” She meant it to be a joke, but it was quite hurtful in the moment and revealed that she didn’t seem to be really in touch with the pain that we were going through.
Try to work with a different Dr.
The Dr. Was always rushed in her manner when speaking with us. She did not give us time to ask questions. We had to be very demanding and pushy if we wanted to g e.g. straight facts, which was unsettling. It felt as if we were trying different combinations of drugs without purpose, did not feel like we got an individualized treatment plan tailored to my case.
We were told a fresh transfer was the best way to go, and at the time we didn’t have the knowledge to question this. We tried clomid and I “over responded” once leading to a cancelled IUI cycle. We next tried IVF and when I asked why we didn’t try clocks in conjunction with this, it was brushed off. I now understand this is done by other clinics, so I’m not sure why it was disregarded. For two cycles of IVF, I was on Lupron, Gonal, and Menopur.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenn)
The nursing staff was more helpful in answering questions (through the patient portal) than Dr. Nair. However, because Shady grove is a big clinic, you rarely see a Dr. Or your nurse in person who is informed about the details of your case. This is somewhat frustrating because you cannot ask them about your results and what they mean in terms of the bigger picture of your treatment cycle.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The “shared risk” program is not advertised accurately on their website. They have reviews stating that you don’t have to worry about “paying a penny” for 6 cycles of IVF. In reality, you are responsible for all medication costs and Shady grove can choose to terminate you from their shared risk program at any time. I know several couples who this has happened to, and it is not clear how these cases are counted in their overall advertised numbers of “success.” I fear that they are not included, this leading to artificially elevated numbers.
IUIs: approximately $10,000 IVF cycles: approximately $40,00
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
We were not informed of the pros and cons or fresh vs. frozen transfers.