6.9

13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Andrea Reh] did not review my records before the appointments, and it felt like she does not remember any information pertaining to my previous treatment under her supervision...I wanted to see a different provider in Shady Grove Fertility, but it would have added two more months of waiting...During 6 months of treatment, I saw her only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult). The rest of the communication with Dr. was done through the nurse.
I really liked that SGF has multiple locations and early morning monitoring appointments which provided great flexibility. Scheduling is very easy. They are quick in responding to most of the questions via the patient portal. All communication on your treatment is done through the nurse...During 6 months of treatment, I saw [Dr. Reh] only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult).
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wanted to see a different provider in Shady Grove Fertility, but it would have added two more months of waiting for my initial consult so I agreed to proceed with Dr. Reh. During 6 months of treatment, I saw her only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult). The rest of the communication with Dr. was done through the nurse. I did not feel I got sufficient explanations of why specific treatment was chosen based on my situation (e.g. natural vs. medicated IUI, choice of specific protocol). I felt part of the problem was that she did not review my records before the appointment, so she did to have any specific suggestions on my treatment during our conversations. I was receiving written recommendations on my treatment only after my appointment with Dr. Reh which made it more difficult to ask questions. She also did not seem caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Try to do your own research on possible treatments and make a list of questions that you may have about it before the appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I did not feel any personal attitude from Dr. Reh's side. She did not review my records before the appointments, and it felt like she does not remember any information pertaining to my previous treatment under her supervision.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I did two IUIs using clomid, ovidrel and progesteron. I did not receive any rationale for why these medications were chosen for my cycle. I tolerated them well, and my response was also good, but both cycles failed.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I really liked that SGF has multiple locations and early morning monitoring appointments which provided great flexibility. Scheduling is very easy. They are quick in responding to most of the questions via the patient portal. All communication on your treatment is done through the nurse. She has been indeed wonderful, but I would have hoped to be able to ask Dr. questions directly and receive some explanations from her as well. I felt disappointed that IUIs (and most of the monitoring) are performed by nurces. The billing was not always consistent (I was billed in different ways for absolutely identical encounters.)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
Costs through our insurance: Initial consult $200 First IUI cycle $1200 Second IUI cycle $800 (had fewer monitoring appointments), plus meds.
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge...Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer...That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer...she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff....
Lana was our nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance...Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We did not see Dr. Reh personally many times. I met her in person twice - once for a saline sonogram and once for our final ultrasound. However, we had a virtual consult and several phone calls to discuss our options and treatment plan. I know some might have a problem with not seeing their doctor personally for every appointment, but I never felt like there was any lost information or miscommunication. Her treatment plan as described was being carried out every time.
Be able to discuss your history in detail during the consult. She had not reviewed my records in detail, but once I explained our background in about 10 minutes of our 60 minute consult, she was able to talk to us about our previous cycles. Just understand that she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff.
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge. Although we had additional embryos for use at another location (which we couldn't access due to COVID), she said she was going to treat us like we only had one. She recommended an ERA - something our previous clinic didn't advise, but we were interested in.
We came to Dr. Reh's office following treatment at 2 other clinics. We left the first clinic due to a move and the second clinic shut down because of a lab accident. We had one Day 6 tested embryo available to us to use for a frozen transfer. Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer, which our previous clinic did not support until at least two failed transfers. That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer. I obviously do not know what would have happened had we not done that ERA, but our first transfer was successful and we are currently pregnant with identical twins. We are certainly very satisfied with the outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana Truong)
Lana was our nurse and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance. She always remembered how we prefer communication depending on the day. The most important thing she did was adjust our Frozen Embryo Transfer on the fly. We had a thyroid test come back too high, and I was uncomfortable with proceeding with transfer assuming that a medication adjustment would make it alright to transfer in time. She changed everything within 15 minutes of our baseline appointment and set up a new transfer in 20 minutes with minimal delay to our transfer and no cancellation or change charges to us. Our experience with Lana is the biggest reason that we continue to recommend Shady Grove to friends seeking fertility care.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Our financial coordinator Melissa was also a critical part of our positive experience at Shady Grove. Melissa actually worked with our insurance company directly and ensured that we did not pay one cent outside the global fee for the transfer - and we have a very frustrating insurance provider. We never waited more than a few hours for a response and she often replied to me after business hours. Shady Grove has multiple clinics across the country. I would say that a weakness is that you can never guarantee you will have your personal reproductive endocrinologist at any given appointment, including egg retrievals or transfers if that matters to you. That means that you really have to be comfortable seeing many different people. While we didn't experience this personally, there are too many people who struggle with their financial counselors and it seems like systemic failing in their system overall. Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
We paid for the Global Frozen Embryo Transfer Fee with the Military Discount. It was $3910 and insurance covered all medications. That was the only thing we paid. Our financial counselor let us know that Shady Grove was raising their prices in a few days and advised us to pay early, which saved us several hundred dollars.
We did not have multiple embryos to transfer, so this was not an option for us.
Arlington

[Dr. Reh is] Friendly, professional, and extremely well-informed, she consistently took time to thoroughly answer our questions about what to expect throughout the process and encouraged us through some disappointing steps...We planned for 3 IUI attempts over 3 months, each with increasing levels of medication if they didn't work, before we would move to IVF.
They [Shady Grove Fertility] seem to offer a lot of options for getting timely treatment in terms of doctors and locations. There doctors seem well informed and generally proficient. But there was a lot of inconsistency between offices, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication about the details of medical history and next steps...There were also some miscommunications with our insurance company regarding genetic testing and follow-up.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was the best part of our experience with Shady Grove. Friendly, professional, and extremely well-informed, she consistently took time to thoroughly answer our questions about what to expect throughout the process and encouraged us through some disappointing steps. Fortunately, we are now pregnant with two babies. Navigating all the steps can be challenging, but absolutely worth it.
Ask lots of questions and take notes that you can refer to when following up with other doctors and staff to ensure nothing gets lost in translation.
She was always very friendly, well-informed and very informative, but sometimes that didn't always percolate down to the staff level at the Arlington office, though other office locations were seemed to be better briefed.
She had us take all the relevant tests, starting with the female, then the male. Once she determined that we had unexplained infertility, she proceeded with genetic testing. We planned for 3 IUI attempts over 3 months, each with increasing levels of medication if they didn't work, before we would move to IVF. The first IUI was unsuccessful. Prior to the second attempt, I was prescribed Letrozole. Following the second attempt, I become pregnant with fraternal twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The original one was relatively well intentioned, but didn't communicate thoroughly or consistently with what we discussed with the doctor. She also miscommunicated about a chemical pregnancy, indicating that it was a normal pregnancy without confirmation. There were also some miscommunications with our insurance company regarding genetic testing and follow-up.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They seem to offer a lot of options for getting timely treatment in terms of doctors and locations. There doctors seem well informed and generally proficient. But there was a lot of inconsistency between offices, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication about the details of medical history and next steps. Arlington had the biggest challenges, but the other offices were much better. Once we switched to the Fairfax Office, the communication improved and the process went much more smoothly.
Insurance covered most of the steps until IUI, which was $1800 per round, which we paid out of pocket. We also had to pay for a genetic testing out of pocket that wasn't covered by my husband's insurance, which was $350 (I believe through a discount program)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Mostly when coordinating with the Arlington office, the nurse/staff either did have accurate information from the doctor, did not communicate accurate information to us or other offices or didn't follow-through on next steps without prompting. The Fairfax office was generally more reliable, but there was still some inconsistency with all the shuffling between locations, doctors and staff.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval [with Dr. Reh], and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
SGF is a very large clinic, which comes with advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages I experienced was my doctor presenting my case to her colleagues to get additional feedback. She came back with other recommendations for us to consider in my treatment. Of the disadvantages, the biggest one, for me, was that major procedures (retrieval and transfer) will be performed by doctors you don't know. I never had a bad experience with a doctor, but for people want their doctor for every procedure, it might not be possible.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is a very good doctor. She showed a lot of compassion for me as I was going through treatment and hit a lot of road blocks. She was also willing to try different approaches/med protocols when the typical approach didn't work for me. She also presented my case to her colleagues to get others feedback, which I feel like shows a lot of humility and willingness to go beyond to figure out what would work for me. Even though we got pregnant without IVF, Dr. Reh and her colleagues gave me the diagnosis and connected me to a surgeon who was able to help us and is probably the reason we got pregnant.
Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask about alternative approaches.
Dr. Reh was my doctor for about 2 years. I saw her very frequently in the Arlington office, even for lining checks and smaller check-ins. She definitely got to know me and always took time to ask me about myself. She also was very kind around giving bad news, and she gave me some good pep talks when we hit some road blocks.
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval, and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Wills)
The nursing staff were so excellent. I do not have enough good things to say about Ashley and the others at the Arlington office. They really made me feel like they were on my team. It was a bit bittersweet to "graduate" and say good bye.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I thought monitoring appointments were efficiently run. I frequently saw my primary doctor during these appointments. This was a benefit to the Arlington office. I also had the same nurses and techs at most appointments, so it was a comfortable experience.
I did SGF's Shared Risk Program with PGS. It was $19,500 + $5,000 for PGS. That included up to 6 retrievals and all FETs.
We never discussed anything other than an eSET. I would not have wanted to transfer multiple.
Arlington

We found the Ballston office [of Shady Grove Fertility] to be ideal for frequent appointments because it was smaller and less hectic than the other offices. For weekend monitoring, we recommend K St over Fairfax for the same reasons....[cost]~$25K for risk-sharing program for IVF...We highly recommend Dr. Reh and the nursing team at the SGF Ballston office.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We highly recommend Dr. Reh and the nursing team at the SGF Ballston office. Undiagnosed infertility and multiple miscarriages is a frustrating path. Dr. Reh brings both the experience (CRITICAL to have a team with a ton of reps when undergoing fertility treatments), as well as a straightforward, pragmatic approach to working with her patients. She took the time to fully explain our options and the data at every turn and was thoughtful and personally responsive when we had questions or things didn't go as planned. Dr. Reh supported our decision making without sugar coating nor being too hands off, and ultimately helped us with a successful IVF pregnancy.
Always reach out with questions or concerns, she's very responsive. SGF is great, because you 100% want the experience, but recognize the different teams that you have to communicate with (finance, nursing, clinical trial, genomics). Sometimes things can get confusing which leads to frustration if you don't recognize that.
IUI - 5 cycles. Low dose clomid w/ 2-3 follicle development. One of the cycles added gonal-F and had to cancel due to producing 5+ mature follicles. 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 negative tests. Final cycle was IVF with genetic testing and frozen transfer of 1 embryo. Hormone doses for egg retrieval were fairly conservative due to overreaction during IUI cycles, but unexpectedly lead to low egg retrieval (8) because one ovary did not respond. Result 2 viable embryos, successful singleton pregnancy with 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Brocato)
All excellent, responsive, and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We found the Ballston office to be ideal for frequent appointments because it was smaller and less hectic than the other offices. For weekend monitoring, we recommend K St over Fairfax for the same reasons.
~$25K for risk-sharing program for IVF. IUI was covered by insurance.
Strongly recommended single for us due to no diagnosed conditions and history of getting pregnant (but miscarrying).

2020 - 2021, Successful
Embryo Freezing
3 cycles with different protocols [with Dr. Reh]. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos...Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly...She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment...genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome.
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable...SGF Arlington is full of friendly staff from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and providers. SGF Fairfax is convenient but too big to feel like family. They also seemed to have higher turnover because I rarely saw the same staff members and they seemed less personal. I appreciated the convenience and weekend appts at fairfax though.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Reh is genuine, approachable and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her. She saw me for most of my appts and gave me clear expectations of the plan for treatment. She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment.
Start sooner than later with IVF and go with Dr Rey because she knows her stuff!
Dr Rey genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome. Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly.
3 cycles with different protocols. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Westin)
I LOVED Ashley. She was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable and went above and beyond to meet my needs every single time!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Treatment was costly as it is for most infertility treatment but it was worth it and the clinic was professional with smooth communication through the portal.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Reh ws patient and took the time to answer all my questions. She was compassionate; she was reassuring and understood my concerns and the impact of bad news. She became our guide through this process, someone we trust to tell us what to expect and what we should do...Dr. Reh was very professional, she explained everything, she provided the information we asked for.
Their [Shady Grove Fertility] staff and facility interior design is excellent. Everyone knows your name and is courteous. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the waiting room, but it is a nice waiting room and guess what, you're not alone! A lot of other women are going through the same thing...Dr. Reh was very professional, she explained everything, she provided the information we asked for. She also understood how we were feeling at the time. As news came through, she showed compassion and in a way held our hand through the process.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask all the questions you need and know that you can trust.
I went through three cycles. The first includes a lot of tests and is obviously tougher as a first time. I do not recall the specifics at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina Brocato was my IVF (own egg) nurse)
Cristina Brocato was so lovely that I actually miss her. Wish now in pregnancy I had her to offer her kind instructions!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Their staff and facility interior design is excellent. Everyone knows your name and is courteous. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the waiting room, but it is a nice waiting room and guess what, you're not alone! A lot of other women are going through the same thing.
Because of my age, we selected a Shared Risk IVF. I believe it initially cost $33,000 + all medication costs were paid from my pocket. Each cycle could cost up to an additional $5,000. We receive all our money back after a failed IVF process and had to pay an additional about $10,000 for the shared risk donor process.
Arlington
Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
The clinic [Shave Grove Fertility - Arlington Branch] is very organized and clean. ... I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible. ... Don't be afraid to ask any question. ... The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any question. Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment.
Dr. Reh took her time with us at every appointment. She made connections and tried to get to know us as people. She was always open to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very organized and clean. The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible.
Arlington

Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time...My main issue was a PCOS diagnosis and the fact that I was not ovulating. Since there were no other known issues, we began with the least invasive option of medicated monitored cycles/timed intercourse. After two failed cycles, I decided to do an IUI to increase my odds...
[Shady Grove Fertility] Strengths - responsiveness, apt availability, bedside manner, amazing nurses, empathic doctors, easy to use trainings/portal for messaging and support from financial team Cons - nothing that I can think of to report, I all around had a great experience...Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time. We are so grateful for our experience at SGF and feel blessed to be expecting our first child this fall.
My main issue was a PCOS diagnosis and the fact that I was not ovulating. Since there were no other known issues, we began with the least invasive option of medicated monitored cycles/timed intercourse. After two failed cycles, I decided to do an IUI to increase my odds. We are glad we did bc we came pregnant with our first IUI.
Arlington

There wasn’t much rationale [from Dr. Howard McClamrock]. I was just told what to do. I did 3 IUI cycles. One with clomid, one with femara, one with injectables. I requested using injectables...He is clearly well-read and knowledgeable. He is competent. He is not at all warm or personal/personable. There were several ultrasounds when he said absolutely nothing to me. I didn’t feel he was invested in my success. He made a few comments like “it’s no big deal” or “it doesn’t matter”. Those are hurtful because it matters tremendously to me. He didn’t offer any real insight into why we weren’t successful and he didn’t recommend altering our plan. If he spent 5 minutes explaining what he recommended changing and how it might improve our likelihood of success I would have continued treatments. While he may be knowledgeable, his lack of communication and interpersonal skills (and I don’t expect warm and fuzzy) was what made me leave that clinic.
The initial consult [at Shady Grove Fertility] was about $250. The labs associated with that consult were about $300. Each iui cycle was $1500...Nice facility. Convenient location. Efficient check in/check out. Had to pay $6 for parking at each visit - every lab draw or US! Weekend procedures were performed at a different office, which was annoying. And each iui was performed by a different physician...There wasn’t much rationale. I was just told what to do. I did 3 IUI cycles. One with clomid, one with femara, one with injectables. I requested using injectables.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Do your own research first. Don’t expect explanations or reassurance. I think his approach is fine for a couple doing timed intercourse. You don’t need him - just his US results and meds. But for more complex treatments you want someone to explain things to you properly.
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The coordination here at first was absolutely lousy. I was totally misguided by a nurse, resulting in a month delay in treatment. I was made to feel like this was my fault. After that incident it was much better. But that initial bad communication made it a negative experience.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility.
The initial consult was about $250. The labs associated with that consult were about $300. Each iui cycle was $1500. We used my husband’s frozen sperm so that was $500 initially plus approximately $120 per cycle to thaw it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
They were disorganized. Prescriptions were called in late a few times. And I had to remind them to call. Different nurses would call with results and they were unfamiliar with what type of cycle I was on (iui vs TI) or whether or not I was using a trigger or progesterone. They would ask me for that info when I was never informed!
Baltimore

He [Dr. Yazigi] was very good about explaining the process he understood when we didn’t want to use donor sperm yet and came up woth an alternative. He was very good at making us feel like it was not hopeless. He set us up woth urologist to see my husband and gave us positive anecdotes...He was very good about explaining the whole process and gave us options based on our failed cycle with reasons why..
They [Shady Grove] are busy! Make sure if you’re doing ivf make the first appt available All of the staff was good and everyone was knowledgeable and compassionate....First assigned Stefanie Hernandez and she was great! She got a new job and for my frozen transfer I was assigned Danielle bird a She was not good and was not organized and seemed annoyed with me... Be sure to ask about discounts because they have some for the scripts
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very good about explaining the process he understood when we didn’t want to use donor sperm yet and came up woth an alternative. He was very good at making us feel like it was not hopeless. He set us up woth urologist to see my husband and gave us positive anecdotes
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions because he has the answers and will spend the time needed with you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Gonal f and menopur, these were upped very quickly as I was not responding, but once upped I was responding fine. Started ganirelix and then did egg retrieval. Because of my progesterone level the doctor recommended a freeze all and do a frozen transfer. He called personally to tell me that only 2 embryos were made. It was later that one more embryo got made but only 1made it to 6 day blastocyst We then got ready for frozen transfer with estrogen and progesterone injections Frozen transfer did not work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie hernandez)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are busy! Make sure if you’re doing ivf make the first appt available All of the staff was good and everyone was knowledgeable and compassionate. Don’t hesitate to do what they recommend and ask all the questions. Be sure to ask about discounts because they have some for the scripts
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered 90% but the prescriptions were what was expensive about $11000 total with insurance but my insurance has a 25k lifetime maximum

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. McClamrock is a man of few words unless you come to him with questions/concerns. My husband liked his personality since he was candid, and often referred to statistics - concrete information. I would have prefered more anecdotal information, as going through a fertility experience can be very isolating...I didn't feel as if he was reporting results to ME and MY case, but rather going through the motions of his evaluations.
Danielle [Nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] is very nice, and our communication is mainly when she provides test results...For my husband and I, the clinic location was a strong reason why we selected Shady Grove over Johns Hopkins. With the amount of visits that need to happen throughout a cycle it was very convenient for us. That being said, Shady Grove Harbor East is very easy to reach. Mersedie answers the phone, and is familiar with patients names and faces over time. This creates a less sterile experience.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. McClamrock is a man of few words unless you come to him with questions/concerns. My husband liked his personality since he was candid, and often referred to statistics - concrete information. I would have prefered more anecdotal information, as going through a fertility experience can be very isolating. I would visit his office for my Day 3 bloods and monitoring throughout the cycle. He would enter the room, perform the U/S and tell me things looked good, and the number of follicles. I would need to ask if my number was sufficient, should it be more/less, etc. I would respond better to a physician that would be willing to sit and paint the picture of the appointment and the meaning. During the journey there is a lot to learn!
Ask questions to get answers. He won't overwhelm you with information if you don't seek it out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. McClamrock is very candid and thorough when asked detailed questions. Without questions he will not dive into detail. I found if I didn't ask questions, he wouldn't offer explanation. I didn't feel as if he was reporting results to ME and MY case, but rather going through the motions of his evaluations.
My husband and I were both tested, and diagnosed with "unexplained fertility". The first line of treatment for us was IUI. This treatment with Clomid and trigger should ideally help the the sperm close to the egg, and result in pregnancy. We are hopeful it will work although we understand IUI cycles only have approximately a 20% chance of working.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Danielle is very nice, and our communication is mainly when she provides test results.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance is pretty good, so I pay a $20 co-pay per visit and all of our infertility testing has been covered 100%. If I ever had a billing issue Mersadie would resolve it right away.

2011 - 2014, Successful
Strengths: excellent clinician [Dr. Howard McClamrock], plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic)...Expect a matter-of-fact approach, don't expect a lot of joking or small talk, but do expect to be impressed by his knowledge, skill, and concern as a clinician. He will go as far down the fertility road as he can justify and his patients want--and he's very good at what he does.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they [Shady Grove] have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive...My nurses with Dr. McClamrock were amazing--one even cried with me! Dr. M got us our results! I very much trusted in his clinical knowledge and experience. I initially found him less warm than I would have liked, but he grew on us through the years that we were under his care. Whenever I initiated a phone call or email, he was quick to respond.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Strengths: excellent clinician, plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic).
IUI w/ injections. Given my numbers initially, he suggested we at least try more conservatively. After our response to the stim meds w/ our 3rd IUI, he then suggested we do IVF. 1 hysteroscopy w/ polypectomy. 1 IVF W/ retrieval (9, 5 fertilized, 2 day-3 transferred)--negative. 1 other cycle that was cancelled after 2 weeks of stims due to poor ovarian response. We were advised to consider donor egg. 1st DE transfer (single embryo) negative. This surprised everyone and Dr. M brought us in for a consult. Cyst found in uterus, surgical intervention discussed, but it did not show up on follow-up ultrasounds. 2nd DE transfer (single embryo)--first blood test positive, then numbers started to decline. Very early m/c. D&C done to ensure good uterine lining and remove likelihood of cyclic cysts. 3rd DE transfer--my spouse, doctor, and I agreed that we should transfer 2 embryos. They both took! 2 healthy babies!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sonia Leasure)
Compassion, a hug when needed, available!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive.
Oh wow. We had limited IUI coverage and no IVF coverage. We were able to take advantage of Shady Grove's shared risk program once we were using DE. Overall, w/ meds, through multiple IUIs and IVFs, and out of pocket costs associated with gynecological surgeries, it was about $70k. They also offer financing and education on different options for those patients who have poor or no insurance coverage.
Describe Howard McClamrock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr. M follows accepted professional guidelines. He took our history w/ multiple previous embryo transfers that did not result in pregnancy into consideration when we decided to transfer 2 on our 3rd attempt w/ DE.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
There was one incident where info from my RE was not sent over to my GYN prior to my visit. I showed up for a pre-op consult and there was no correspondence from my RE. This may have been a time issue. Adequate communication seemed to be in place after that was cleared up.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. McClamrock] was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. .. he needs work in bedside manner...he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again...He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo....I stimulated my ovaries on follistim and menopur. I used a shot to stop ovulation and a HCG trigger shot.
Shady Grove is a very large clinic. That comes with positives and negatives. They have lots of knowledge behind them. They also can make you feel like one in about 1000. Although this can be daunting, I feel the overall success of the clinic far outweighs the negativity of it being such a large facility....I loved my nurse. She was extremely compassionate. I felt she was a good offset to the bluntness of the doctor. I cried when I “graduated” the clinic.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
As I said before, he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again. Shady Grove is a huge clinic, so I think that had something to do with the feelings I had with the clinic being so large.
He’s blunt. Don’t take it personal. He knows his stuff, so trust him.
He was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. I am forever grateful to him because he helped us make our son, but he needs work in bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Pricilla )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My ivf cycles were covered under insurance.
He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo.
2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I have had very good experience with him [Dr. McClamrock]... He always covered everything and made sure I understood everything that was taking place during the time I was in the office. He also made my husband and I feel very comfortable even we were dealing with the miscarriages...He was very nice and explain everything to my husband and I to help us understand....Always there to help with any questions.
She [nurse at Shady Grove] was very nice. She treated me as if I was one if her own. She was very loving and kind. She also was there for my husband and I when we had the miscarriages. She was always rooting for us to complete the whole process. She was the best nurse I have ever had...Very welcome and friendly place. Always there to help with any questions. From the time we first started the process up until the day we took a break everyone is the office has giving up a great experience every time we showed up
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
I have had very good experience with him. He always covered everything and made sure I understood everything that was taking place during the time I was in the office. He also made my husband and I feel very comfortable even we were dealing with the miscarriages
Stick with it until the end
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
She was very nice. She treated me as if I was one if her own. She was very loving and kind. She also was there for my husband and I when we had the miscarriages. She was always rooting for us to complete the whole process. She was the best nurse I have ever had
Baltimore

Dr. McClamrock is very matter of fact and direct, which can be a bit unsettling. But he knows what he is doing. He took time to answer all of my questions, although he did seem a little put out with all of the questions that I had....He recommended single embryo transfer....Although he can seem uncaring, he knows what he is doing....Dr. McClamrock is very matter of fact and direct....Easy to schedule, and calm inviting atmosphere.
Easy to schedule, and calm inviting atmosphere. Good sense of privacy. However, you cannot receive all services at the Baltimore Harbor office. You will go to Towson for certain procedures and for weekend monitoring visits....She [RN] was very caring and took time to answer all questions...we did shared risk, which was about $20,000, plus the cost of all tests before shared risk and medications for egg retrieval. In total, about $28,000.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Although he can seem uncaring, he knows what he is doing.
Dr. McClamrock is very matter of fact and direct.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
She was very caring and took time to answer all questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
He recommended single embryo transfer.
2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr McClamrock is extremely caring - he checked in with me after my retrieval and always took the time to answer my questions...Dr McClamrock spent a lot of time with me answering my questions - I felt like my treatment was very personalized and I was very happy with the excellent care I received...Ask lots of questions - Dr McClamrock is happy to answer them!...
It is a large clinic [Shady Grove - Harbor], but Harbor is a small office. We went to Towson for major procedures...Priscilla was amazing - she was kind, funny and provided us with thorough instructions...
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask lots of questions - Dr McClamrock is happy to answer them!
I had a freeze all cycle due to ovarian hyperstimulation.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It is a large clinic, but Harbor is a small office. We went to Towson for major procedures.
Baltimore

As a patient I felt protected under her care. I felt that she [Dr. Stephanie Beall] had our best interest at heart. She was patient and kind. She made sure every question we had had a response. she was overall great. She made sure we left every appointment with a clear understanding of every step in the process...My protocol included Gonal F, Menepur, Progesterone and a trigger shot
at the Harbor location [of Shady Grove Fertility] while under the care of Dr. McClamrock we experienced discrimination from the receptionist/financial rep. We had appointment errors because the financial rep wasn't comfortable with us being a same sex couple. At the Harbor location our previous Dr., Dr. McClamrock wasn't interpersonal he was rude... She [coordinator] responds to voicemails and emails in a timely matter. If she doesn't know the answer to any concern you have she will find out.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
As a patient I felt protected under her care. I felt that she had our best interest at heart. She was patient and kind. She made sure every question we had had a response. she was overall great. She unfortunately spent a lot of time apologizing for the mistakes that a shady grove fertility location had when it comes to my care. She made sure we left every appointment with a clear understanding of every step in the process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
No advice. She's a great doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
Compared to my previous Dr. with Shady Grove Fertility who did not treat my wife and myself fairly. Dr. Beall was an angel.. In her care we felt like she had our best interest at heart
Describe the protocols Stephanie Beall used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
My protocol included Gonal F, Menepur, Progesterone and a trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina Yingling)
Shes an amazing communicator. She responds to voicemails and emails in a timely matter. If she doesn't know the answer to any concern you have she will find out.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength is the location. Both the Towson and Harbor Locations are within 10 minutes of my home. Weakness: is at the Harbor location while under the care of Dr. McClamrock we experienced discrimination from the receptionist/financial rep. We had appointment errors because the financial rep wasn't comfortable with us being a same sex couple. At the Harbor location our previous Dr., Dr. McClamrock wasn't interpersonal he was rude. He blamed me for my eggs dying in a cycle. If I would refer Shady Grove Fertility to anyone I would say go to the Columbia MD or The Rockville locations
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility.
My cost was covered under my insurance. I paid for donor sperm which was $600 each we purchased 3. I also paid for medication first cycle it was a few thousand 2nd and 3rd cycle it was covered
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
We had an Injection class error. Which led to me injecting myself with the wrong needles or an entire cycle. Discrimination from the receptionist/finaincial rep, Rude Dr. Dr. McClamrock yelled and completely destroyed my faith in the process. it was a very stressful time
Stephanie Beall
Baltimore

Dr. Katz was friendly and talked to me like a real person...explained things well. He did seem kind of rushed at times. He did seem to want what was best for me, and was not worried about if I would stay a full patient with his clinic...We ended up keeping our embryos in KC and performing an ERA test and doing outside monitoring with Dr. Katz. During the ERA test, he had me on oral estrogen 3x/day and then progesterone in oil for 6 days prior to the biopsy. The test results were that my lining was normal receptive 6 days after beginning the progesterone.
Jenna [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility-Bel Air] was very friendly and compassionate. She would call and explain things to me and answer any questions I had. We did have some times when we were playing phone tag and I had a little difficulty getting in touch with her...It took a while for the initial consult though. The nurses and staff were friendly and seemed knowledgeable regarding their jobs. There was a little miscommunication when I became an outside monitoring patient and they had trouble figuring out where my results were and where they were going.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Katz was friendly and explained things well. He did seem kind of rushed at times. He did seem to want what was best for me, and was not worried about if I would stay a full patient with his clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He has an accent and talks kind of fast, so if you don't understand, ask him to repeat himself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Katz was friendly and talked to me like a real person.
Describe the protocols Eugene Katz (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Katz was helping me determine if we should move our embryos to his clinic in Maryland or keep them in KC and just do outside monitoring with Shady Grove. He explained the pros and cons well, and genuinely seemed to want what was best for me. We ended up keeping our embryos in KC and performing an ERA test and doing outside monitoring with Dr. Katz. During the ERA test, he had me on oral estrogen 3x/day and then progesterone in oil for 6 days prior to the biopsy. The test results were that my lining was normal receptive 6 days after beginning the progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
Jenna was very friendly and compassionate. She would call and explain things to me and answer any questions I had. We did have some times when we were playing phone tag and I had a little difficulty getting in touch with her.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is definitely busy, but they were able to schedule my follow-up appointments in a timely manner. It took a while for the initial consult though. The nurses and staff were friendly and seemed knowledgeable regarding their jobs. There was a little miscommunication when I became an outside monitoring patient and they had trouble figuring out where my results were and where they were going.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
Consultation was covered under my insurance. The ERA test/biopsy was $595. My ultrasound appointment as an outside patient were $295 (which was quite a bit more than the $187 my clinic in KC said they charge).
Describe Eugene Katz (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
When I became an outside monitoring patient, they did not know where my results were after my lab work and ultrasound, and then they did not send the results in a timely fashion.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Yazigi took time to listen to my concerns. At consultations and follow up appointments he would go through all of my medical history so that we could make the most informed decisions together. ... He didn't mind calling me for additional consultations or questions. ... There were times after monitoring appointments that the chart was not read completely or marked incorrectly that lead to weird instructions from Dr. Yazigi that I had to follow up on. ...
The [Shady Grove] offer in house procedures and work to get approval from your insurance company. You are also assigned a financial person who makes sure you know what is and is not covered ahead of time. As far as weaknesses, there have been times that information has not been properly relayed which is why it is important that you advocate for yourself in your treatment. ... It has been hard to have stability and effects some communication by being shuffled from nurse to nurse.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
There were times after monitoring appointments that the chart was not read completely or marked incorrectly that lead to weird instructions from Dr. Yazigi that I had to follow up on. Otherwise, he treated me with respect often referencing his own daughters which gave me confidence in his opinion when we had decisions to make.
Allow him to explain things to you as you go but also do your own research and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Yazigi took time to listen to my concerns. At consultations and follow up appointments he would go through all of my medical history so that we could make the most informed decisions together. He factored in my desires for treatment and what would get us the best outcome. He didn't mind calling me for additional consultations or questions.
When I first saw him in 2016, I was treated for anovulation and was put on 100 mg of clomid with a trigger shot. I was a slow responder but after continual observation I did respond and had a positive outcome that resulted in our son. I came back in 2018 to grow our family and started with a similar protocol but no longer responded to clomid. We upped the dose without change. We then switched to femara in which I responded and got pregnant on the second cycle but miscarried. We started femara again a month post miscarriage but did not have success leading to a hysteroscopy to check for scar tissue. No scar tissue was found and Dr. Yazigi said we may be partially unexplained. He recommended moving onto IUI but since we were out of pocket we decided to pursue shared risk IVF instead.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Since I have been with SGF I have had four nurses. Rebecca was my nurse for my first round in 2016 and I loved her. When I came back I was originally assigned to Kristin who soon left for an alternative job. I then was transferred to Kelli and was with her for six months before she took another position. I am now assigned to Tina. It has been hard to have stability and effects some communication by being shuffled from nurse to nurse.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic has multiple locations that make it easy to schedule appointments for all services. The offer in house procedures and work to get approval from your insurance company. You are also assigned a financial person who makes sure you know what is and is not covered ahead of time. As far as weaknesses, there have been times that information has not been properly relayed which is why it is important that you advocate for yourself in your treatment.
For timed intercourse, monitoring was covered by my insurance after copays were collected. I did pay for medications out of pocket. Shared risk IVF is costing 24,500 including PGS testing.
Describe Ricardo Yazigi (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I have not yet gotten to this point but I think eSET will be what is recommended due to my age. I am comfortable with this decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I once had something marked in my chart as a follicle that was a cyst. This led to talks about selective reduction if a multiple pregnancy was the outcome. I also was told to trigger before I should have but could it prior to administering the medication.

2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Yazigi always has a pleasant demeanor and explains the processes in detail. He is never frustrated by all of my questions.... He made the whole process very comfortable, even for my timid and very private husband. He never treated us like we couldn't understand something he needed to explain... Dr Yazigi had me take Clomid. I had already tried Clomid 3 times but now we would monitor and do IUIs. We tried this twice and he told us that the odds of us getting pregnant were only getting lower, so we decided to try IUI once more with Clomid, and then move on. IVF was our next step because my hormone levels indicated a high response to injectibles, and trying for IUIs would likely result in cancelled cycles due to too many follicles. First round of IVF had poor fertilization but still resulted in a single day 5 embryo which was a live birth. Now that we are trying for our second child Dr Yazigi has decided to add ICSI to the regiment.
Excellent clinic [Shady Grove]. They have enough resources that anyone can start any type of cycle at any time. There are a lot of faces sometimes but they know exactly what they're doing.... Tina was excellent. She always kept me promptly up to date on what I was supposed to be doing, dosages and appointments I needed. She also made sure I had all of the donated medications she could get for me as a cash paying patient. Without her we would not have a son.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He made the whole process very comfortable, even for my timid and very private husband. He never treated us like we couldn't understand something he needed to explain. Ultimately we had success and for that I am very grateful
He can be a little hard to understand but you get the hang of it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Excellent clinic. They have enough resources that anyone can start any type of cycle at any time. There are a lot of faces sometimes but they know exactly what they're doing.
IUIs were a flat rate per cycle ($1600), plus the cost of medications. When it came time for IVF we qualified for a shared risk program, which was 6 fresh cycles and unlimited frozen transfers for $20,000, plus the cost of medications. For our second child we decided to pay for a multi-cycle discount, $18,500 for two fresh and unlimited FETs. Diagnostic testing was covered at 80% by our insurance.
I would personally not choose to transfer more than one embryo so my doctor and I were on the same page about eSET
Bel Air
[Dr.] Yazigi was very welcoming, open and honest. He gave us the facts and statistics, he laid out our treatment options and literally said "here is your menu, I am your waiter". It felt like he was part of this team with us...He has an accent listen carefully...We did increase the medications because I didn't respond as fast as Yazigi was expecting. I retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature, 12 fertilized normally. We transferred one and froze 6. Right now I am 26 weeks pregnant...
Shady Grove is great. It is a very large network of doctors which in the beginning can seem like a lot but usually you will be at your smaller local office were things aren't overwhelming. The nice thing about being so large is you can have your monitoring at any office with in the practice. If you know one day you have an early work day and another office is closer to your office that's fine schedule your monitoring with them...
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He has an accent listen carefully.
I felt like a human because everyone knew my name when I got to the office in the morning. They didn't have to look up my chart before they new what I was there for. The weekend monitoring in the larger office could sometimes be a little more impersonal but usually there was someone there working on the weekend that was from my local clinic so I would always have a familiar face.
I had 3 IUI cycles, two with clomid and one with another medication the name of which escapes me. I also took medication for lining thickening and to maintain the pregnancy after IUI. Then I did 1 IVF cycle. My IVF medications were pretty normal; Gonal-f, Menopur, Ganirelix, and HSG shot. We did increase the medications because I didn't respond as fast as Yazigi was expecting. I retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature, 12 fertilized normally. We transferred one and froze 6. Right now I am 26 weeks pregnant.
Tina was my nurse for the majority of my treatments. Unfortunately she left the practice in between my egg retrieval and positive pregnancy test. While she was there is was amazing and I have always wanted to run into her and let her know It Worked! I'm pregnant.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were really easy and fast for me. I usually wanted the earliest appointment, there was always someone there and I would get in and out fairly quickly.
My insurance covered most of our costs. We generally had $30 co pay but that was it. Insurance also covered most of the medication costs.

Embryo Freezing
For my first iui [with Dr. Katz], I used Chlomid and it took a long time and a second dose to get my follicles to grow. After it was a failed iui, for the next one he suggested that I use letrozole. I had a better outcome with my follicles the second round even though it resulted in a negative iui...He is a very person friendly doctor and was open to listening to everything I told him and trying to come up with a plan that specifically fit my husband and I
I absolutely love my nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility]! She is very compassionate and always available for when I have questions. She always is there when I need her and is super organized...Each iui cycle was $1,800. Not including the medicines which were about $200. The ivf I just paid for was $18,500. The medicines for one cycle came to $3,100...some of their weekend staff at Towson seem to not like their jobs and another negative about the company is their billing department. Sometimes it seems like they are only out to get your money.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is a very knowledgeable doctor that has years of success under him and I would recommend him to any of my friends. When one thing doesn’t work, he always has another plan. I also like that he cares about your feelings and wants the best outcome for you.
Be patient. Things may take time, but God didn’t build the earth in one day.
For my first iui, I used Chlomid and it took a long time and a second dose to get my follicles to grow. After it was a failed iui, for the next one he suggested that I use letrozole. I had a better outcome with my follicles the second round even though it resulted in a negative iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenna Kowalchek)
I absolutely love my nurse! She is very compassionate and always available for when I have questions. She always is there when I need her and is super organized
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
One strength I think they have is their success rates. Some negatives would be some of their weekend staff at Towson seem to not like their jobs and another negative about the company is their billing department. Sometimes it seems like they are only out to get your money.
Unfortunately my insurance covered nothing. Each iui cycle was $1,800. Not including the medicines which were about $200. The ivf I just paid for was $18,500. The medicines for one cycle came to $3,100
I have not started my IVF cycle yet
Bel Air

Very knowledgeable and compassionate all the times meeting him [Dr. Katz]. Heard from him with negative preg tests, when no embryos created and also when I had 2 embryos the next round. He likes to call directly with that news so it meant a lot, especially with lots of nurse communication throughout the process. ... First protocol resulted in no eggs making embryo stage so Lupron cycle was done next two rounds with success. Also ERA done after first failed FET.
They [Shady Grove] are knowledgeable but there are a lot of patients at once. Sometimes feel like a number, especially after monitoring appointments. They try really hard to not make you feel this way. I trust they know what they are doing. ... All nurses have been amazing from the coordinator to the surgical nurses at the surgical center. So very understanding and compassionate.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Very knowledgeable and compassionate all the times meeting him. Heard from him with negative preg tests, when no embryos created and also when I had 2 embryos the next round. He likes to call directly with that news so it meant a lot, especially with lots of nurse communication throughout the process.
Ask a lot of questions, he will answer them all
Many patients in and out sometimes makes you wonder how personalized your care is
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are knowledgeable but there are a lot of patients at once. Sometimes feel like a number, especially after monitoring appointments. They try really hard to not make you feel this way. I trust they know what they are doing.
Hard to get there before work but they saw patients pretty quick. Weekends at Towson we’re a nightmare, too many people
Was not itemized
Doesn’t recommend multiple but will transfer multiple if you really want to
2009 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Katz was a compassionate doctor, and despite not having a successful pregnancy I would recommend him as a physician to someone dealing with infertility....He communicates well the plan of treatment and changes throughout the course of the treatment. He demonstrated compassion after a failed egg retrieval and informed myself and my husband with the change in our plan....Bravelle, Menopur, Gonal F, HCG, ICSI....ask any and all questions you may have along the way.
Clinic [Shady Grove - Bel Air] was very profession and aesthetically appealing. The staff was courteous and kind during every visit. They demonstrated an interest in our personal journey and desire for success. They were saddened when we didn’t succeed and they want to stay in contact with us despite going to another fertility clinic for our last attempt....[Cost Of Treatment] $20000.00...Dr. Katz was a compassionate doctor, and despite not having a successful pregnancy I would recommend him as a physician to someone dealing with infertility.
How was your experience with Eugene Katz (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Take notes, and ask any and all questions you may have along the way.
Bravelle, Menopur, Gonal F, HCG, ICSI
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Clinic was very profession and aesthetically appealing. The staff was courteous and kind during every visit. They demonstrated an interest in our personal journey and desire for success. They were saddened when we didn’t succeed and they want to stay in contact with us despite going to another fertility clinic for our last attempt.
$20000.00