Sher Fertility of New York

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
425 Fifth Ave
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of New York to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 57Neutral: 14Don't recommend: 98.8
I liked this clinic [Sher] very much. Everything was organized and I always felt I was treated with respect. The nurses were always friendly and there was never a long wait. I was always seen within minutes of arriving at the office. Since I am a teacher, the office staff worked with me to accommodate my schedule. I like how they communicate via email and are always quick to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I liked this clinic very much. Everything was organized and I always felt I was treated with respect. The nurses were always friendly and there was never a long wait. I was always seen within minutes of arriving at the office. Since I am a teacher, the office staff worked with me to accommodate my schedule. I like how they communicate via email and are always quick to answer any questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
The moment my husband and I met Dr. Wang we felt a breath of fresh air. Coming off a very bad experience with a different doctor at a different clinic, we felt we were given no other options but donor eggs, after only one IVF cycle. On the contrary, Dr. Wang sat with us and answered ALL of our questions. Not once did we feel rushed. He made us feel like all of our questions were important questions. He also suggested supplements that he felt might help us and told us not to hesitate to contact him via email. I already felt like I was in good hands even though we hadn't even started our cycle yet. Whenever I emailed Dr. Wang he was always quick to write a response. It felt good that Dr. Wang actually cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
All the nurses at Sher were extremely organized and caring. I liked how they provided me with an email of what I had to do during sims. I liked this much better than phone communication. If I had any questions, I could email the nurse. Anytime I emailed them, they always got right back to me.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang truly listens to his patients' concerns and does his best to answer any questions with complete honesty. Every time I asked him something, he was quick to offer his suggestions and feedback about what he think would work best for my cycle. At every appointment he sat with me for a few extra minutes so that he could answer all of my questions. I never felt rushed! He never hesitated to make sure I felt comfortable with the course of action.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
If you have felt that all doctors have given up hope on you, please seek out Dr. Wang!
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
For my current cycle, Dr. Wang suggested I lower my sim doses. At my prior clinic I was on very high doses, but Dr.Wang felt that lower doses would be just as effective. I was on Gonal, Menopur, Omnitrope, and also Predisone. I also did a double trigger for egg retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York.
I believe my treatment was approximately $7,000 with my insurance.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
This clinic [Sher] is great to work with whether you are local to NY or if you live in another city. By being so easy to communicate with the nurses and the doctors, you never feel like you are far away or that you will be forgotten. They do make mistakes now and then... The only team that can be difficult to get answers from is the financial team...The other nurses - Cecilia and Lindsay - are also great. They are quick to reply to emails, and send out prescriptions to pharmacies quickly and to other clinics if you are monitoring remotely.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic is great to work with whether you are local to NY or if you live in another city. By being so easy to communicate with the nurses and the doctors, you never feel like you are far away or that you will be forgotten. They do make mistakes now and then as all clinics, and people in general, are apt to make, but because they are so readily available through email, corrections are made quickly. The only team that can be difficult to get answers from is the financial team.
Dr Wang gives very personalized care. And you can actually communicate with him directly. He takes the time to explain what he recommends and you never feel like he is just throwing out a cookie-cutter protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Dr Wang has great nurses. Leslie is the main nurse and Dr Wang's right hand. She's amazing. The other nurses - Cecilia and Lindsay - are also great. They are quick to reply to emails, and send out prescriptions to pharmacies quickly and to other clinics if you are monitoring remotely.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He takes the time to answer all of your questions thoroughly. It is amazing and refreshing that patients are able to contact him directly instead of just communicating via nurses. Dr Wang understands that the infertility journey is difficult, scary, and ambiguous. He is open to ideas from his patients, but he will also tell you when he disagrees and the reasons why. You also never feel like his recommendations are just part of a script. Your protocols and other tests are always done for a specific reason and he will tell you those reasons. His bedside manner is warm, friendly, and compassionate. He takes the time to communicate both good and difficult information directly to his patients. Perhaps the only criticism is that sometimes he will leave some decisions up to his patients when sometimes as a patient you just want to be told what to do. However, he only does this when the outcome for either decision will remain unknown until tried, as every individual will react differently and there is know way to know ahead of time. Above all, you feel like you are part of a true doctor-patient relationship with Dr Wang and you feel like you can trust his recommendations. Even when some cycles don't work out as you hoped, you never feel like noone was watching or that a true attempt wasn't made. And that makes such a difference in the journey.
Ask every question you have, no matter how silly you think it might be. Dr Wang is a rare doctor that never makes you feel like any question is dumb, or that you are bothering him or insulting his role as a doctor.
Micro-dose lupron with Follitism and hgh - 1st cycle cancelled due to only 4 follicles growing. 2nd cycle - retrieved 4 eggs. Antagonist with follistim and hgh - 1st cycle cancelled due to low response. 2nd cycle - 5 eggs retrieved. Micro-dose lupron with Follitism, hgh, letrezole - 7 eggs retrieved.
$9950 freeze all cycle - if monitoring not done at Sher. $3820 - FET (does not include monitoring. I'm a remote patient) $1800 - PGS testing. covered up to 8 embryos over 9 months.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr Wang approved transferring 3 embryos due to my age and embryo quality. Otherwise, I'm not sure if he has strong feelings to doing eSET vs multiple in other circumstances.
Sher Fertility of New York
[Sher Fertility has] Appointments rather than open monitoring...Don't feel like a number...It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized...Modern facilities Modern communications...Financial coordination is great...She [nurse] was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email...I believe they misplaced a test result (test for initial clearance for an FET) but overall were very organized
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Boutique Appointments rather than open monitoring Don't feel like a number It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized Modern facilities Modern communications Financial coordination is great
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
His bedside care is amazing. He is warm, open, and caring. He listens and is incredibly patient. He remembers my case and responds to every email!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
She was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email. Seems to know her stuff but for some reason I'm not blown away by her capabilities as a nurse.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr T is a wonderful person, and I feel safe and well cared for with him. He knows his stuff and has zero ego. He is open to experimental treatment but committed to the standard fundamentals. I did have two failed transfers with him, however, with tested embryos. He recommended a very different protocol than I had had previously, and I wonder if it was too different, or too out there. His protocol included things like prednisone and intralipids, which I know are controversial. When I wanted to switch back to a more standard protocol he was very supportive, and so far this one has worked (I'm 11 weeks). I would feel very comfortable going to him for a future cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
You must do your own research and be proactive! He is quiet and introverted ... Make sure you ask all your questions!
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
For the first two FET rounds: Crinone Estrace Prednisone (slightly elevated NK levels) Lovenox (for slightly elevated anticardiolipin) Intralipids (slightly elevated NK levels) For third, I switched to PIO thinking maybe it was affecting implantation, skipped prednisone and intralipids and waited on the lovenox until a positive beta. This transfer worked, and so far so good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York.
$1540 per transfer with insurance Plus other costs
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of New York.
He was very open and asked my preference. Because I said single without hesitating, we didn't discuss it further
Sher Fertility of New York
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility]. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband... I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher has a pretty good system so for the most part you only deal with your primary physician. I had to come in on the weekend once for an ultrasound and met a different doctor on call but in terms of the care I received, it was the same.
Dr. Tortoriello is a very calm and reassuring physician. He presented information without editorializing or imposing any judgement.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I met with a RE at another clinic before working with Dr. Tortoriello and the experience was like night and day. While the other physician had zero beside manner and barely let me speak, Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly. If I pursue more IVF, it would definitely be under his care.
He doesn't make promises, but he will take so much of the anxiety out of the process. If you need someone who is reassuring, honest, and thoughtful, Dr. T your best bet.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout. Gonal-F started at 300 but increased to 350. Menopur started at 75 and increased to 150.
I was able to use my insurance to cover my care, although we paid for medications out-of-pocket. I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
The clinic [Sher] itself seemed to be undergoing some changes in management right around the time that I became a patient there. The financial division was somewhat difficult to work with prior to the onset of my cycle. But the clinic itself, or rather the chain of clinics, are nationally renowned for their outside of the box thinking and their successes with the most difficult of cases....Everyone seemed efficient. I don't have a lot to say about the nursing staff.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic itself seemed to be undergoing some changes in management right around the time that I became a patient there. The financial division was somewhat difficult to work with prior to the onset of my cycle. But the clinic itself, or rather the chain of clinics, are nationally renowned for their outside of the box thinking and their successes with the most difficult of cases.
I've never met a doctor quite like Jeff before. Jeff really makes me feel like part of the team that is treating our infertility and not just a number in a paper gown.
Everyone seemed efficient. I don't have a lot to say about the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I can't stress this enough: if you have been to other clinics and have had failed IVF cycles but you are not done fighting infertility yet, you absolutely need to go see Jeff. He treats you with so much compassion and he is the very best at what he does. He tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off, or didn't bother to look into at all. We aren't pregnant yet, but we have plan of action and Jeff is so patient about working with us through that plan. If he can't help us get pregnant, I am convinced no RE can.
He's so worth it. I don't even live in NY. He's that worth it.
Jeff is really good with cases of poor responders (aka diminished ovarian reserve). Our first attempt with him I responded too quickly and unevenly so we cancelled, and the second time around we adjusted a few things and everything went much more smoothly. It was my 9th and 10th attempt overall and Jeff really studied all of my prior cycles so that he knew what had worked and not worked in the past.
This clinic is costlier than other clinics.
We have not yet transferred. We have only done retrievals with freezing. I believe that he assesses these things on a case by case basis.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
All of the nurses and coordinators at Sher are very responsive... they're generally very competent....Sher is a small clinic. You won't be in a massive waiting room of people for monitoring hours. You will only see your doctor for monitoring so you will have to work with their schedules a bit but it's worth it. It's not the most modern office...I had a few instances where prescriptions were called in wrong and I had to redo them. a few times my med chart was different than what I had discussed with the doctor but wasn't conveyed to the nurse.
European, Middle Eastern
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher is a small clinic. You won't be in a massive waiting room of people for monitoring hours. You will only see your doctor for monitoring so you will have to work with their schedules a bit but it's worth it. It's not the most modern office but everyone is very nice and you feel taken care of.
In spite of still not being successful, I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Wang. He is responsive, compassionate, thoughtful. He responds to emails on nights, weekends, all the time really, with thorough responses. He always asks what you think, too. Doesn't just give his opinion. He's open to your thoughts and feedback but is also authoritative when you need him to be. He manages all your monitoring appointments. His bedside manner is great. It feels like he is really invested in your success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie )
All of the nurses and coordinators at Sher are very responsive. Like all clinics I do think you have to stay on top of them and be constantly checking that the plan is the same you agreed with the dr, the orders have been placed, etc. but they're generally very competent.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
My background - I started seeing Dr. Wang after a terrible experience at another clinic. He was immediately completely different from what I had experienced at a much bigger clinic. He is patient and kind and thoughtful and researches your case. His responses to your emails are extremely thorough. When I did a test with him (EFT test for implantation and it came back with suspected endometriosis) - he referred me to someone outside of their practice for further diagnosis and surgery. When I didn't agree with Dr Wangs suggestion of taking Lupron and forgoing the surgery, he was very agreeable and worked with the surgeon and continued to be responsive and available. I really valued that even when I went to see someone else he was still open to hearing opinions and thoughts.
Meet him. Do the consultation. Ignore that Sher may have lower SART stats (and really not statistically significant) than other big NYC clinics.
Round 1 : standard protocol - menopur, gonal f, ganirellex -- cycle cancelled due to too few follicles, converted to iui Diminished reserve diagnosis Round 2 : birth control pills, ganirellex to start - menopur, gonal f -- cycle cancelled. Low follicle count. Round 3 : birth control pills, gonal f, menopur, ganirellex, trigger shot -- 5 follicles retrieved, 4 fertilized, no blasts Round 4: similar to round 3, 4 follicles, converted to iui Round 5: similar to round 3 & 4, introduced steroid for inflammation; cancelled around day 5. Few follicles. Moved to donor embryos EFT test - revealed high levels of cyclin E consistent with possible endometriosis-- referred to surgeon for endo excision and immune panel
United healthcare coverage - 80/20 after $4k deductible.
4 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients... My insurance paid for two cycles with the doctor, but the times i paid cash it was extremely expensive.
4 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Other staff members were not so great. The technician that assisted during my egg retrieval was unfortunately very nasty. I sent the clinic an email about her. I found this woman to be rude. Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients.
Although Doctor Wang didn't have a lot of time the time that he did spend was meaningful. He always made me feel important and most of all he was extremely responsive via email. I've emailed other doctors and till this day some of them have yet to respond. Doctor Wang is an amazing doctor the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. In addition, he's extremely smart and thinks outside the box.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie was great! Organized, responsive, and nice.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Again, I can't say just how amazing he is. Smart, compassionate, and extremely responsive. I've dealt with other doctors for fertility and none of them can hold a candle to this doctor not even the doctors at NYU or Cornell. The only thing I wish is that prior to my third transfer we should have done more tests.
Before you do a transfer have doctor Wang do the tests like EFT especially if you've have prior failed transfers. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions via email, doctor Wang will always respond.
Doctor Wang used a low dose approach for me on mostly all of my cycles. Low dose of the stimulating drugs. For my first few retrievals we did microdose lupin and that worked with my first cycle with doctor Wang and I retrieved 5 eggs and transferred 4 on day three however the result was a chemical pregnancy. We used no more than 300 units of gonal f for the days that I stimulated. The doctor suggested low doses because i did not make a lot of eggs and the few I did make we didn't want to fry them. Ganirelex worked best for me as when I continued to use MDL i would ovulate.
My doctor preferred using multiple embryos because of my age. I would not transfer more than 2 embryos in the future
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The billing dept [at Sher] is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts...I have always been able to get the early morning appointments. The office is extremely quiet and I'm seen as soon as I check in.
6 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The billing dept is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts.
Dr. Wang may be the most compassionate doctor I have ever been treated by. He makes himself readily available and has always returned my emails the same day, whether I reached out in the morning, afternoon, or late evening. He is always the one to see me for all my appointments and spends the time afterwards to discuss with me any issues or questions that may have arisen.
Leslie is a great partner to Dr. Wang. She is quick to answer my emails and goes out of her way to help me out. I always got my prescriptions without any issues.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. He is quick to respond to any and all questions that I may have (especially when I start to question or overthink everything or when I'm in a panic). He really is on this journey with you, and is rooting for you to have your dreams realized. He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
Run, don't walk to go see him!
We did IUIs with no medications that all failed. We moved on 5 IVF cycles that were also unsuccessful unfortunately. I was on letrozole, estrace, and Crinone for my frozen cycles. I was on gonal f, cetrotide, menopur and HCG for my fresh transfer cycles following retrieval.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility of New York.
I had insurance coverage
Sher Fertility of New York
Their [Sher] approach to patients is the best I've seen. There is no "cattle call" for morning check-ups (you always have an appointment), you aren't seen by any doctor on staff (you always see YOUR doctor), and you know that everyone there knows your unique situation and is working to help YOU...Incredibly friendly and upbeat [nurses]. They were such supporters of the whole process and felt like they were on our team!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Their approach to patients is the best I've seen. There is no "cattle call" for morning check-ups (you always have an appointment), you aren't seen by any doctor on staff (you always see YOUR doctor), and you know that everyone there knows your unique situation and is working to help YOU.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility of New York?
At Sher you only ever see YOUR doctor and you always have an appointment. There are no "cattle calls" or long waits. Your doctor knows you, they work with you every day. Dr. O replied to emails quickly, never pressured us to try something we weren't comfortable with, and was a great combination of compassionate and professional. She treated us like an individual couple and prescribed a treatment plan specifically for us (unlike at another clinic where we felt like they had one thing they "do" and you were doing that thing that way regardless).
Incredibly friendly and upbeat. They were such supporters of the whole process and felt like they were on our team!
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility of New York?
She was caring, compassionate, and professional. She is a great communicator, easily reachable via email for questions/concerns. She performed every procedure and saw us for 99% of our visits.We felt like we were seen and heard and treated like individuals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility of New York?
Speak up! Be your own advocate because she is more than happy to listen and follow your lead.
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
We were IUI patients. I believe I took follistim and the ovidrel for a trigger shot. I also tested for having elevated natural killer cells (NK) that could have been causing miscarriages so after the insemination I took steroids-- about 10mg/day of prednisone-- to help combat that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility of New York.
I do not recall; they participated in my insurance at the time so we only had copays.
IVF, Donor Sperm
They [Sher] truly make the process as easy as possible for you. Everything runs on-time and almost seamlessly. Everyone, even doctors, email with you in record time. It's a warm, inviting environment, and staff take the time to get to know you. I'd never go anywhere else!...ackie, who communicates test results and instructions, is absolutely wonderful! She's friendly and greets each patient, and she's very efficient at communicating instructions and calling in prescriptions.
IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
They truly make the process as easy as possible for you. Everything runs on-time and almost seamlessly. Everyone, even doctors, email with you in record time. It's a warm, inviting environment, and staff take the time to get to know you. I'd never go anywhere else!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
My treatment was highly individualized, and my care was very hands-on. Dr. Dicken makes recommendations based on medical needs but takes your preferences and resources into consideration as well. Somehow, she managed to recite almost all my numerous test results and numbers off the top of her head during appointments. She always mentioned treatment costs upfront as well as potential savings. Since I prefer less medication, Dr. Dicken always explained why she recommends a new medication or increase in dosage. I appreciated that I was informed and involved in my healthcare decisions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie, who communicates test results and instructions, is absolutely wonderful! She's friendly and greets each patient, and she's very efficient at communicating instructions and calling in prescriptions. The other nurses (it's changed a bit) that meet with you before your cycle are less helpful and often get instructions and information incorrect.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken is the best doctor I've ever had...I often say to friends and family that I wish Dr. Dicken could be my doctor for everything! It's a very difficult process, but I got better results each cycle and didn't give up because of her excellent care. She is very thorough, pragmatic, and individualizes treatment. She found a number of things that were missed by my previous doctor. She explains treatment and procedures, so that you know her rationale and what to expect. She always has recommendations to improve the next cycle, and her recommendations always are a good balance of proven treatments and the latest research.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Communicate openly and honestly with Dr. Dicken--she really listens and respects patient concerns, questions, and wishes. When she makes a recommendation or communicates test results (you'll never need to follow up to get test results on time!), she asks what questions you have rather than asking if you have any questions. I was open about some embarrassing things and never been met with judgement, which is very different from my experiences with other doctors. My results and overall experience were definitely been much better because of it.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Dicken individualized my protocols and changed them as necessary based on my response and test results. I've done both natural and medicated transfer cycles. She added supplements and anticoagulants based on immune and clotting test results. She used protocols with letrozole and lupron to address my ongoing receptivity problems and abnormal uterine biopsy results. I got better results each cycle and finally was successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York.
Luckily, my insurance covered the majority of my costs. I chose to do a few more experimental tests that weren't covered by insurance, but they weren't pushed on me and the costs were made clear upfront. I've had a few errors on my bills, but they've been cleared up pretty easily. The biggest hurdle was the initial financial consult, but everything has been fine since.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
They [Sher] are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though....Leslie was amazing - she got back to me quickly even after hours and on the weekends. I did remote monitoring so i didn't see many nurses in person but always helpful via email, over the phone or when I was there for procedures.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
They are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though.
Dr Wang is amazing and treats everyone with care and compassion. He spends so much time and energy on every patient. He sets such a high standard for all doctors to follow
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr Wang is the best doctor I've ever had (and I had been to several other clinics before). He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas. He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. Most other docs keep just doing ivf after ivf without trying to find what is wrong. I would recommend him to anyone. He is truly amazing and I'm so glad I found him!
You will not regret going to Dr Wang - he is amazing!!
He recommended the Yale EFT test to test for silent endo and then a 3 month course of lupron depot - I believe it helped me to be successful ultimately. He also was able to retrieve the most eggs from me (21 each time). Previous docs got at most 8. His stim method is slow and patient so it took a while but paid off.
I was an out of town patient that monitored locally
20k per IVF cycle with PGS testing
We transferred 2 embryos since my egg quality is poor. It also costs me a lot to transfer each time so I liked that he was willing to transfer 2.
Sher Fertility of New York
[Nurse at Sher - Manh] always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away...the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000...I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy. we used hotels tonight to get cheap hotel
Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side -- example, night before retrieval I freaked out when I had night sweats and worried my estrogen was dropping and I had ovulated. I emailed him at 2am!! HE emailed at like 5:30am saying it's probably fine but he gets I'm worried and we did a quick ultrasound before retrieval to be sure I hadn't ovulated (I had not)
always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away. 1000% better than ppl at "top clinic" i went to in Boston
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang. I live in MA but traveled to NYC to cycle with him (did monitoring in Boston). I had 2 doctors in Boston tell me I might need donor eggs at 34 and with already having a naturally conceived child, and that seemed crazy. My first cycle in Boston was cancelled before retrieval due to no response (MGH). My second one in Boston got a good number of eggs for me (11) but nothing made it to day 5.... after this I wondered if I would never have another child. I read about Dr Wang on a fertility chat board and made a phone consult. What I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. Like whereas they said I should do a 5 day transfer, he said sometimes those with quality issues do better on day 3 (which happened for me). While the Boston docs thought the problems were all me since my husband's sperm was always normal, he thought due to terrible quality of embryos on one cycle, it was worth doing a sperm DNA fragmentation test (which showed abnormality) and so we used PICSI in this cycle (no on in Bos would do it). He allowed HGH because while he agreed with Bos docs that it often doesn't help, it sometimes can, and when I told him I wanted to throw the kitchen sink at this, he said great..... His stance on many issues was "if it won't hurt and there's some evidence to suggest it will heko, let's do it" (eg giving me low dose prednisoe because i have an autoimmune disease) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night .... at other clinics the docs didn't even answer email, it was all filtered through nurses
Do not be afraid to ask him anything!!! he is very open minded
Estrogen primed microdose lupron
i had insurance coverage but believe the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000
Given our horrible quality (never making a blast) and my insistence I was not doing IVF again (I had insurance coverage but emotionally could not handle it), and our saying we'd prefer twins to zero kids, we were aggressive. we transferred 4 day 3 embryos. We ended up with twins born healthy at 38 weeks
Sher Fertility of New York
This clinic is not a factory. The receptionists knew me by name and were always cordial and helpful. I always got the early appointments I wanted so that I could go to my monitoring before work, which was very helpful.... After not getting my period for 6 months I was prescribed three cycles of clomid by my OBGYN. After not getting pregnant i went to Dr. Wang, who immediately diagnosed me with PCOS. I went on to do three cycles of letrozole, and got pregnant on the third cycle with an injection to induce ovulation once the follicles were mature.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Wang is the most caring, engaged, and dedicated doctor i have visited in 15 years of living in NYC. He takes as much time as needed to explain everything that is going on in your body (helpful for us non-medical professionals) and gives his candid evaluation in a straightforward but kind and patient way. His receptionists knew me by my first name, and his office is absolutely not a factory. He also is completely available and responsive by email, even once when he was on vacation and I called with a minor question that I thought another doctor would answer, he sent me an email.
Kind and respectful.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is a patient, kind doctor who treats you like a partner on the fertility journey. He explains everything and always treated me with the utmost respect. He shared equally in our disappointment when there were setbacks and in our happiness when I got pregnant. I always saw him (with the exception of one visit when he was on vacation).
Run, don't walk, to an appointment with him. You will not find someone more dedicated.
I had insurance coverage, but a high copay for the sonograms.
4 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
It always feels very orderly and zen-like in the waiting area [at Sher]. The staff that picks up the phone/coordinates appointments are professional and efficient. The clinic's schedule is managed so well that I am simultaneously always able to get an appointment and yet there is never a wait to see the Dr...Dr. Dicken's nurse Jackie is efficient, friendly and caring. She answers all our questions promptly, takes extra time to send us our blood test results levels (our request) after every blood test (and there are many!) and efficiently executes tasks accurately e.g. calling in prescriptions and conveying doctor's response.
East Asian, South Asian
4 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It always feels very orderly and zen-like in the waiting area. The staff that picks up the phone/coordinates appointments are professional and efficient. The clinic's schedule is managed so well that I am simultaneously always able to get an appointment and yet there is never a wait to see the Dr.
From the onset, Dr Dicken asked what our long term goals were and what we were willing to do to achieve them. She remembers practically every detail we've shared with her about issues ranging from our preference for non-medicated cycles to why we have a timing preference for our most recent planned transfer. She demonstrates empathy and always shares her professional opinion directly, kindly and without judgement.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken is up to date with the latest research, explains her opinion to our questions directly with the positives/negatives, shows compassion/empathy to the tough situation we are in, typically responds to our questions within hours, has a kind/understanding "bedside manner", remembers our preferences for almost every issue (e.g. preference for how medicated we want our cycle to be, how we prefer to take medication), is very sensitive to how we react to the medication, and basically goes ABOVE AND BEYOND IN EVERY SITUATION to provide excellent patient care.
I wish I switched to Dr. Dicken sooner. Do not hesitate. She is an all around rock star in all aspects of patient care.
Dr. Dicken monitored my results closely throughout the process and adjusted my protocol, as needed. Unlike my previous clinic, she was open to estrogen priming and allowed me to use the patch when the pill caused nausea.
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Neither Dr. Dicken nor her team [at Sher] communicated with me or my partner for 8 days while we waited for the embryology report. An IVF clinic will typically provide you information about embryo growth at days 2, 3, 5, and 6. Not the case here. On the morning of day 8 she called me to tell me all embryos had suddenly arrested on day 3. However, she said she was not sure she could provide me or my partner with an embryology report because she wasn't sure the embryologist had even taken notes on day 3! It is important to note that I froze my eggs with Dr. Dicken two years ago. I had great results---18 eggs retrieved and 14 eggs frozen. I also had 6 eggs frozen from another clinic. We attempted to thaw and fertilize these 20 eggs along with the fresh cycle. I received a call from Dr. Dicken letting me know that only 25 percent of my eggs had properly tha
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Clinic is small boutique style which is nice. Compare this embryology lab to some of the more reputable clinics: NYU, CCRM Colorado, Cornell. Their SART rates are much higher. In retrospect, I regret not choosing another clinic regardless of my outcome because at least I would trust my eggs/embryos were in good hands!
Dr. Dicken informed us that we could have local monitoring (in conjunction with care at Sher) since we live in another state. However, neither the Sher medical team nor my local clinic techs communicated with one another throughout day 5 of my monitoring cycle. I had to call Sher several times to ensure the ultrasound and blood test results were received and read by my RE. In addition, when we arrived at Sher NYC for day 8 monitoring apt, Dr. Dicken said that she only saw 3 large follicles. She said that had been given more information by the local clinic (i.e. follicle sizes measuring under 10mm) then she would have known my follicles were not properly aligned and would have suggested I be placed on a full week of estrogen priming prior to the cycle. However, Dr. Dicken and her team failed to communicate this information to me or to my local clinic during the first 7 days of my cycle. As a result, I nearly cancelled this retrieval. Neither Dr. Dicken nor her team communicated with me or my partner for 8 days while we waited for the embryology report. An IVF clinic will typically provide you information about embryo growth at days 2, 3, 5, and 6. Not the case here. On the morning of day 8 she called me to tell me all embryos had suddenly arrested on day 3. However, she said she was not sure she could provide me or my partner with an embryology report because she wasn't sure the embryologist had even taken notes on day 3! It is important to note that I froze my eggs with Dr. Dicken two years ago. I had great results---18 eggs retrieved and 14 eggs frozen. I also had 6 eggs frozen from another clinic. We attempted to thaw and fertilize these 20 eggs along with the fresh cycle. I received a call from Dr. Dicken letting me know that only 25 percent of my eggs had properly thawed! She said she didn't know why---possible poor lab conditions (and 14 of my eggs were vitrified at Sher) or poor egg quality. Again, she couldn't give me a clear answer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian)
Nurse was extremely organized and thorough. She was very busy and hard to reach but overall I enjoyed my experience with her.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
I will say that I am impressed with Dr. Dicken's ability to help us improve our egg quantity during a cycle that was initially bound for failure. We had 8 eggs retrieved after she greatly lengthened our protocol. That said, I have read that longer stim protocols more often result in poorer outcomes. I wish she had iterated that information to us in order to help us make a decision about continuing with the cycle. Overall, Dr. Dicken disappointed us greatly. She failed to communicate important information to me and my partner several times which nearly cost us a cycle and caused emotional distress while we awaited our results FOR EIGHT DAYS! We also felt she didn't even take the time to read our notes before checking in with us during apts. Ie. In a conversation with me she did not remember my partner's name nor the fact that we'd opted for PICSI. I am also very concerned that the lab did not provide me with an embryology report---vital information for our next cycle.
Her strengths: she will answer emails in a timely manner. She seems like a nice person. Her weaknesses: very poor verbal communication skills. You may have to wait several days before receiving lab report. Dr. Dicken will call you herself. You will have no communication with the embryologist.
Estrogen priming (although not primed for long enough) 225 Gonal F, 75 menopur, ganirelix 16 day stim cycle because my follicles were many different sizes
14.5 K and 5 K for medications
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of New York.
We were extremely disappointed that she wasn't direct about the pros and cons of day 3/day 5 transfer. Also, had I known my embryos would arrest on day 3 I would have opted for this option. Since the embryologists do not check the embryos on day 2 there is no option for day 3 transfer if you opt for day 5.
5 IUI, 6 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The billing system here [at Sher Fertility of New York] is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while...I did my monitoring remotely, so I can't talk about the monitoring appointments at SIRM-NYC. However, I CAN say that for remote patients, Dr. Wang and his office do a great job of getting results and orders handled and providing feedback within several hours.
5 IUI, 6 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The billing system here is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while.
Dr. Wang always took time to explain his thoughts and to answer any questions thoroughly. He never rushed me and never left me wondering what he meant or what the plan was. He also has an incredibly thoughtful personality and I truly felt like he was seriously invested in getting us pregnant and taking home a baby. He also remembered little bits about me that weren't pertinent to our fertility, which also made me feel like a real person and not just another patient. I also know for fact that his other patients also feel the same way as I've talked with several of them.
Quick to reply via email, quick to send in meds, etc.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he didn't understand my question. With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets.
No question is off limit with him. He's open to everything and will give you feedback as to why or why not he thinks it's a good option. I wish I'd switched to him sooner, so I'd encourage everyone who is wondering if they should get a second opinion to go ahead and do it sooner than later.
We failed to implant after transferring 3 nearly perfect looking day 3 embyros so he recommended doing the Yale EFT test. My results came back abnormal so we did the lupron depot 3 month suppression to help suppress my estrogen and essentially give the uterine lining a break and chance to "reset." We banked for two cycles before starting the lupron though, b/c with my DOR, there was a chance it would be hard to cycle afterwards and also b/c we wanted to make sure I could make blasts before undergoing the depot treatment. We then went straight into frozen transfer after the suppression phase was over and had a chemical; our first time implanting. We'll continue with more transfers.
I had insurance for the year I did retrievals, but the out of pocket cost for FETs is 3800, not including monitoring visits.
Dr. Wang will support eSET or multiple. He encouraged us to try multiple embryo transfers given my past history of poor implantation.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Sher] Strengths: quick communication, billing was smooth (I have insurance), easy to make appointments in the near future. I only had to wait a long time in the waiting room once, and it was in the weekend so I didn't care too much...I actually never met the primary nurse on my doctor's team because She only spoke by phone to my husband (I had a meeting at work) and she wasn't available when I had my injections class. But she was great over email and the nurse I met at the injections class and at my retrieval was warm and organized.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The doctor communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions. The support staff also responds quickly and with empathy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra suddal)
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so. He responds to emails very quickly which reassures me that my treatment is important.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and explain your ideal outcome. Initially he didnt recommend PGS testing but when we explained we wanted to bank frozen embryos he agreed PGS testing would be beneficial. I'm glad we made that choice.
He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring. I only got 1 PGS embryo but I guess egg quality was a little worse than expected. He recommended ICSI and DNA sperm fragmentation for my husband because of low morphology.
My insurance paid for most of it, except retrieval anesthesia ($625) plus cost of PGS testing. I paid copays for office visits and medications. Calls with dr were $75 (not covered by insurance). Injections meeting with nurse cost $100. We had to pay co-pays on all testing. DNA sperm fragmentation test was not covered by insurance.
We told him we were very against twins so he didn't recommend iui or clomid. So he knows we would never transfer more than one embryo.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Sher (SIRM) is a much smaller clinic than most in NYC but is still very highly rated. The best part is the you always see your doctor...[Nurse] Marian could be a little disorganized and on several occasions did send me calendars and medication details that were not reflective of what the doctor and I had spoken about. She is super responsive on email and quick to check with the doctor and correct the details... The outward appearance of the clinic is not the most modern - they could probably use a little office face lift, but the quality of the care makes up for that. The reception and nursing staffs are kind and familiar.
European, Middle Eastern
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher (SIRM) is a much smaller clinic than most in NYC but is still very highly rated. The best part is the you always see your doctor. Your doctor does all your monitoring, your retrievals, your transfers - unlike some of the bigger clinics where the doctors all rotate. I think when you're dealing with multiple cycles and poor responses, this type of connection is so important. The outward appearance of the clinic is not the most modern - they could probably use a little office face lift, but the quality of the care makes up for that. The reception and nursing staffs are kind and familiar. They accommodate appointments easily. It may not seem like an important detail, but there is never a packed waiting room so you don't feel like you're being herded through like I have felt in other places. The doctors are still busy and dealing with lots of patients, but you very much feel like a patient and not a number when you're at Sher.
Sher is a much smaller clinic. I had previously been at RMA and was very happy with the level of engagement you get with only your doctor. Dr. O'Shaughnessy is very real, upfront, and while not warm and fuzzy, she is responsive, and knows you and your issues and the plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian Gerges)
Marian could be a little disorganized and on several occasions did send me calendars and medication details that were not reflective of what the doctor and I had spoken about. She is super responsive on email and quick to check with the doctor and correct the details. But I did need to be super on top of it and reconfirm everything. She is very very kind and compassionate.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. O'Shaughnessy is very experienced and authoritative. She made me feel at ease after a bad experience at another clinic. She is very matter of fact, which for me, works well. She gives the facts and doesn't necessarily add much color commentary. She is responsive by email and also makes time available to talk on the phone.
Don't expect warm and fuzzy or humor. She's very pragmatic and straightforward.
1 IVF - Gonal F (150) / Menopur (75) / Omnitrope protocol. Day 5 of monitoring showed only 3 follicles. Decision to convert to IUI cycle due to low response. - IUI not successful. Diagnosis - diminished ovarian reserve 2 IVF - Estace pre-cycle // Letrazole / Gonal F (150) - "estrogen primed cycle" - introduced Menopur later in the cycle. Ganirellex. Trigger shot. 5 follicles retrieved. 3 fertilized (donor sperm) // 1 arrested at day 3 // 2 arrested at day 5. None made it for PGS testing. 3 IVF - about to begin // will use Ganirellex prior to cycle day 1 in hopes of getting more even growth across follicles.
I have $25k Lifetime coverage through United Healthcare which Sher accepts. I gave a $1k deposit to cover all office copays at the start of my cycle. My medication is coverage through my medical insurance - minus $3k deductible.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
In general I feel like the office [at Sher] is disorganized. I had to call or email in often to follow up about whether they had received paperwork, tests I had done, verified my insurance, ordering meds, scheduling my nurse and financial consults, etc. A lot of necessary tests were not ordered until the last minute which I found annoying considering I was signed up with the doctor months before. It was almost like having a second full time job trying to keep tabs on what the office staff had or hadn't received on my behalf and when things were supposed to be done or ordered. In the end it all worked out, and I think we should be set for our future cycles, but it was definitely a headache. Thankfully the doctor and embryology have their act together, which is the most important with all this.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
SIRM has a lovely, modern waiting room. As for the pre-op and operating rooms, I found them a bit outdated. I was surprised that the operating room was separated by just a curtain from the hallway, and I remember looking at a lot of messy shelves in the OR while I was waiting for the anesthesiologist. But in the end, it isn't pretty ORs or facilities or even the nurses or office staff that make a place great - it's the doctors and the lab that are going to get you your baby. And with Dr. Wang and the embryologists at SIRM NY, you've got a winning combo.
Dr. Wang is the best doctor I've ever had. Beginning with our consult, he welcomed us recording the session. He gave us some great advise and came up with a game plan right then. He never and still has never uttered the words "donor egg", even with now 5 IVF failures. We left there and he wrote down his personal email address to write him with any questions. Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
Leslie gets back to me quickly, just like Dr. Wang. However sometimes it takes a lot of back and forth to get a simple answer done. I feel like I need to follow up a lot to make sure things aren't forgotten or to make sure things are received. Often she'll tell me something wasn't received, so I have to call my local doctor or pharmacy and they will tell me it was sent, so there's a lot of back and forth and then Leslie will find it. I don't know if that's her fault or if maybe the office is not so organized in general.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is incredibly kind and compassionate. He listens and involves me and my husband with every step of the journey. How many doctors can you email personally and who actually find the time to write you back? I can tell you at least in my experienc - one! And it's Dr. Wang. He has gone above and beyond to help us, and I will never go to another doctor. I feel like we are partners in my care. I can't say enough about him. Just go to him - you won't regret it.
Be prepared to work with the best doctor in your life.
For my 5th IVF and first with Dr. Wang, he recommended estrogen priming with a lower dose stim protocol for me with my DOR. We also tried HGH. He said HGH will help 20-30% of people get better eggs, so it is worth a try. From that we got 10 eggs - more than ever retrieved, and 4 fertilized - more than I ever had fertilize. Unfortunately the quality was the same as all my other tries - highly fragmented and only 3-4 cells. So the HGH didn't help me in my case but I'm glad we tried. He tested my husband for DNA fragmentation to see if that could be a reason for poor embryo growth (he was normal). He also recommended I get an EFT test, which showed I had receptivity issues. From there he recommended I get a laparoscopy to see whether I might have endometriosis, which could potentially cause the receptivity issues. Sure enough, they found the endometriosis during the lap, which was removed. Knowing this, he may have discovered why we've had such trouble all along - no other doctor suggested looking into whether I had endometriosis. So now we are going to try a new protocol to tackle that somewhat and hope we get different results.
Everything was billed to my insurance - I haven't received any bills yet. We did pay ~$1,000 for various testing that was not covered by insurance.
For my poor embryos, I think we would have transferred 2. But mine didn't develop well enough to have that conversation.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
Dr. Wang is the clinic's [Sher- NY] strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.... Dr. Wang is an exceptional doctor. He genuinely cares for his patients and responds thoroughly to every question (not matter how seemingly insignificant) with care and concern. He takes his time to understand your case and never forgets a detail about you.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Wang is the clinic's strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.
Leslie was very responsive to questions, prescription requests, etc. She and Dr. Wang make a great team.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang was a gift to my husband and I after four very difficult pregnancy losses. He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy. He responded to every question I asked with care and helped me to truly understand the reasons behind my treatments/care. Dr. Wang is one of a kind and his care is unparalleled. He is an incredible combination of scientist, practitioner, and counselor. I have never met a doctor with better "bed-side manner." We could not survive infertility/RPL without him. He has your back and will see you through.
If Dr. Wang is an option for your family, do not hesitate.
I have endometriosis so approximately six weeks before my most successful cycle, I had my second laparoscopic excision. The month prior to the cycle, I primed with HGH (Omnitrope), BCP, and Femara. During the cycle, I used Gonal-F (low dose), HGH, and added low dose HCG at the end. I triggered with Lupron. I also did a two day transfer of embryos as my history suggests my body is a better place then the lab for our embryos to grow. I typically produce many eggs but struggle to make blastocysts. With this cycle, I produced about 17 eggs. We transferred five day-two embryos and froze five blastocysts (combination of day 5 & 6).
Insurance covered my IVF cycles. Some medications used in my care were deemed experimental so I had to pay out of pocket.
Dr. Wang made his decision about the number of embryos to transfer based on my history and past cycles. Other doctors would have only allowed one embryo given my age.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Nurses at SHER] They are all very nice, friendly and compassionate. They work pretty efficiently as well...It's a small clinic with personal care... At Sher, we feel very much seen. One time they messed up our consultation appointment time and that was annoying. But that was the only bump, logistically. The facilities are nice as well. I don't feel "gross" going there. I feel comfortable...It's a small clinic - only 4 total doctors...Freezing and boring embryos was about $80/month.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It's a small clinic with personal care - this is what we needed after being at Columbia where we never knew who we would see and did not get to really know our primary doctor and vice versa. At Sher, we feel very much seen. One time they messed up our consultation appointment time and that was annoying. But that was the only bump, logistically. The facilities are nice as well. I don't feel "gross" going there. I feel comfortable.
It's a small clinic - only 4 total doctors. And I see Dr. Dicken for EVERY SINGLE THING - meetings, follow-ups, consultations, every single morning monitoring, egg retrieval, etc. If I ever have any questions - big or little - I email her and she responds directly to me within 24 hours. It's been amazing. Such great, personal care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yisraela)
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken is great. She took the time in our first consultation to review our charts (from another clinic), give us her opinion and talk about ALL the options - something we did not get at our previous clinic. She is open-minded, caring, thorough and very responsive to all our questions in person and via emails. I feel very taken care of in a personal way with her.
Since she is so good at answering questions - bring ALL the questions you have! She will give you her honest, professional opinion. If you have a wild idea or heard of a new thing, mention it - she's open to talking about everything and seems to understand how hard and complex this is. She may stick to her professional assessment, but always worth mentioning anything and everything that crosses your mind.
I did an antagonist protocol. I did a week of estrogen priming in hopes of creating good quality, uniform eggs. I did FSH only to start then added menopur. I did about 14 days (longer than originally expected) of stims to create as many follicles as possible. We also did ICSI and PGS. She also had me take a lot of supplements and antioxidants - CoQ10, Fertilaid, Vitamin C, D, Red wine extract.
The first cycle was covered by our insurance. The next one we will wither choose 1 IVF with ICSI and1 FET for $13,000 (not including PGS) or two IVFs with ISCI and unlimited FETs for $26,000. Roughly. I believe the PGS was about $2,000. Freezing and boring embryos was about $80/month.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfers - after PGS tested - for best results
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
It's a small clinic [Sher Manhattan], which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It's a small clinic, which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating.
Dr. Dicken was consistently warm and friendly, while still being honest and frank about our chances. She remembered me and the details our my history from appointment to appointment and answered emails quickly.
They were all very kind and encouraging. Again, I felt like a human at every turn. I will say I found it much easier to communicate via phone than email.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Again, Dr. Dicken was warm, friendly, available and kept my feelings in mind during a difficult time. She didn't withhold information or try to sugar coat anything, but she was clearly rooting for our success. At another clinic, I sometimes felt like their course of action was motivated more by their need to keep up their success rates.
I'm not sure -- I really felt like I received good care. I was transferring embryos from another clinic and I wish I'd done a better job of keeping all the details of all of my testing clear, but that is more a statement about my own level of disorganization. Dr. Dicken was thorough and considered all the aspects of my history.
My insurance covered 80% of the cost of the transfer. Some of the drugs weren't covered.
Dr. Dicken suggested we transfer only one embryo rather than the two we had to choose from b/c of my history of miscarriages.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
The strength is the doctors [Tortoriello] professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants [at Sher] and they were all friendly enough...I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule...Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work.
Latino, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants and they were all friendly enough. The lab must also be good too as I got pregnant.
Dr. Tortoriello is very patient and is truly your doctor. He spent about 70 minutes with me at our first visit and he went over all the options and treatments. I asked him about PDG testing and he said it was an option but for me with such low egg number it might be best to just implant any healthy looking day 5 embryo. He really listened and he also did all my procedures...all of them. He also is great with emails.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work. She would even call me after emails I would send late at night sometimes.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T was my first fertility doctor. (i saw one before him like a consult but never followed through because it was like a meat factory. ) I can't imagine any improvement except for the fact that his monitoring starts later than I was expecting, so i had to make some plans at work to accomodate that. Totally worth it though because I got to see him each time.
Just listen to him, and don't be afraid to ask any questions because he is very happy to answer them all.
I did not do a lot of medicine as my egg count is low. The first time I used a pill with gonal-F 150. The second time I did no pills but increased gonal to 250 I think. Over 2 cycles i made 2 blasts. i transferred one frozen blast and that took!
I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule. Once Dr. T waited to see me at 5:30pm !
Just co-pays. Everything was covered. My requirement for inseminations was waived because of our combined issues....too many to count it seemed.
I had 2 blasts and he recommended one at a time. Good advice as it took !
3 IUI, 4 Egg Freezing, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight...SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone The staff also seemed relaxed... SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
3 IUI, 4 Egg Freezing, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
In contrast to the first clinic I went to, SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone (again, in contrast to my first clinic). The doctors do their own monitoring visits, so the only thing support staff do is blood. It's all very very calm and professional. Secondly, SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight. Unlike the first clinic I went to, there were never more than one or two other women waiting at any given time. The staff also seemed relaxed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra and Leslie)
The nurses are very organized about follow-ups, and are 100% available via email. I never had to wait more than an hour or so to get a response back to a question, and often it was within minutes.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them. I wasn't sure if I would care one way or the other, since in the first clinic I went to, the monitoring was done by techs and I loved those ladies, in the end I think I felt more comfortable with Dr. T doing the monitoring simply because it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
I recommend Dr. T, and from limited interaction with the other two doctors, all of the doctors at this clinic without reservation. They ALL come across as very serious and caring.
Monitoring (each visit) $525 Egg retrieval $2400 ICSI $2400 PICSI $1000 Embryo culture $1500 Extended culture $1500 PGD biopsy $500 per embryo Cryo $1000 Storage $80 FET - ? haven't seen the bill yet
I don't recall what Dr. T had to say about multiple transfer - I was never going to do more than single embryo transfer and it was never an issue since I only had one normal embryo post-PGS
Sher Fertility of New York
Strengths [of Sher]: Scheduled appointments (no early morning blood draws). Front desk staff was efficient. Care coordinator is amazing! Weaknesses: Not all doctors are created equal. Not all doctors will be as great as yours. (Pray your Doctor shows up on the day of your procedure).... My coordinator was Jacqueline. All of the support staff are helpful and nice. Jacqueline responded to me immediately. She had a big smile every time I saw her. I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about her.
Latino, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Strengths: Scheduled appointments (no early morning blood draws). Front desk staff was efficient. Care coordinator is amazing! Weaknesses: Not all doctors are created equal. Not all doctors will be as great as yours. (Pray your Doctor shows up on the day of your procedure) Also, they need better monitoring equipment (you can not see what they see on ultrasound. In other clinics, there is a tv on the wall so you can view it too. No justified system where you can find your bloodwork results (you have to ask your coordinator to give you details).
At first, everything was perfect. The structure of visits was totally different than the factories I was used to going to. Unfortunately, it ended up being like most places I have been to. Impersonal and another number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
At our initial meeting, I thought Dr. Dicken was incredible (she still is). She was knowledgeable with just the right amount of empathy and professionalism. We went into detail about my concerns. On the day that we met, I got a surprise positive pregnancy test. I emailed Dr. Dicken and asked if I could use the progesterone that she had prescribed for my upcoming IUI. She responded quickly and gave me the go-ahead to use the progesterone. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Once my first period showed, I went back to SIRM for the IUI. Dr. Dicken was available for the first ultrasound. She explained that she would be out of office over the weekend and that I would see another doctor. Dr. O’Shaughnessy was neither warm nor patient centered. She gave me minimal information during the ultrasound. It felt very impersonal. Still, I figured its only one appointment. I was called that afternoon and told to trigger the next day and come in 2 days after. In that time, I emailed Dr. Dicken about my positive OPK. She assured me that I wasn't ovulating yet. I apologized profusely for constantly emailing her. I was having a tough time. She never responded to my email. Okay. I figured I was going to be seeing her anyway. On the morning of the IUI, I was told that the Doctor was with someone else and would be with me soon. I was taken to a room to undress. I was very surprised to see Dr. O’Shaughnessy walk in. I was baffled. One of the reasons I chose SIRM was the fact that they did things differently. Now, I understand that emergencies happen. What was confusing to me was why no one could let me know that my Doctor was not available. Dr. O’Shaughnessy was very rough. This was my third and most painful IUI ever. She didn't even say what she was doing. She just rammed the speculum and catheter inside of me. She gave me no instruction (even about the progesterone). Didn't tell me how long to lay down for either. I didn't even hear a good luck. I waited 20 minutes, dressed and left quietly. Downstairs in the car, I cried my eyes out. I guess my doctor was busy with another procedure. I just felt like my procedure was not important. She did the old bait and switch on me and I did not appreciate it. The whole "patient centered" thing is nonsense. I don't think I'll even bother going in for beta.
Communication is key. Ask questions and don't let yourself be treated like cattle. Being told that she would be unavailable would have allowed me to be informed and aware of the changes. That is important to women dealing with infertility as we already have little control over most things.
150 of Menopur. Trigger shot of Ovidrel. Only one follicle. In the two week wait.
Sher Fertility of New York
her has a nice office space, conveniently located in midtown. We never had to wait for an appointment! They opened at 8:00, which allowed me to come in for monitoring before work. They are able to check what your insurance covers before you start treatment, and are organized with billing...The nurses were friendly and professional, and provided great care...She [Dr. Dicken] was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Sher has a nice office space, conveniently located in midtown. We never had to wait for an appointment! They opened at 8:00, which allowed me to come in for monitoring before work. They are able to check what your insurance covers before you start treatment, and are organized with billing.
From our first consultation, Dr. Dicken really made an effort to get to know us. She was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional. Even when she had bad news to deliver, Dr. Dicken was straightforward but still encouraging. Believing that she really cares for her patients helped me remain optimistic throughout the process.
The nurses were friendly and professional, and provided great care.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken is very knowledgeable, and thoroughly explains every step of the process. From our first meeting, I trusted her expertise and knew I was in capable hands. She helps you decide what is best for you as a couple and doesn't force anything on you. Moreover, Dr. Dicken is kind and friendly, which made the whole process less intimidating. I cannot recommend her highly enough!
Don't be shy to ask questions! Dr. Dicken is great at breaking down complicated test results and procedures, and is always accessible over email.
For my IUI cycle, I saw Dr. Dicken for all monitoring appointments. She prescribed me Clomid, and then Ovidrel. My husband's counts had been all over the place, and the sample for the IUI wasn't ideal, but it was successful! Dr. Dicken timed it perfectly, and it resulted in a healthy full-term pregnancy.
I have GHI, and my treatment was covered. Each visit did have a $50 copay.
We did not do IVF, but Dr. Dicken carefully monitored my follicles before IUI, so as not to risk multiple pregnancies.
Sher Fertility of New York
It is small and more of a 'boutique' clinic. Individual appointment times for monitoring are a huge plus. The biggest weakness is that it is extremely expensive, much more than competing clinics...For the most part, they [nurses at Sher Fertility of New York] were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization...Monitoring was made by individual appointments rather than a giant cattle call. In addition, I was able to personally communicate with my doctor through email whenever I needed.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
For the most part, they were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
After initially being treated at Cornell for 4 failed cycles, I switched to Dr. T after my original doctor suggested using a surrogate. Although I should have been a very easy case (blocked tubes and a history of prior successful pregnancies, I was diagnosed with implantation failure. Dr. Tortoriello did a full and thorough work up with different testing and was willing and able to think outside of the box. This was EXACTLY what I needed. We transferred my last 3 frozen embryos - the ones that had been picked over each prior transfer - and it finally worked. I only kick myself for not going to him sooner. Dr. T is kind, compassionate to a point but also realistic. During our consultations, he didn't sugar coat things and gives you the honest facts. This was actually a little hard for me as a patient since I prefer a hand holder and a little more optimism. But he wholeheartedly wants it to work for his patients without making promises. During procedures and monitoring, he was upbeat and reassuring. I will 1000% be going back to him again. When everyone had given up on me, he made it happen.
Do your research beforehand. He is very willing to try new things.
We did a natural, frozen embryo cycle. He had me on 2 weeks of antibiotics during the first part of my cycle since I had been questioning infection. In addition, 5mg of prednisone and Foltanx. After the transfer, I supplemented with PIO and estrogen.
I don't remember the exact breakdown since I still had insurance coverage at that time. However, I know it is an extremely expensive clinic.
He based my transfer on my individual history (many prior failed transfers) and the grading of my embryos which I greatly appreciated. I think this is his approach with all his patients.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
The [Sher -Manh] clinic is great - easy to get an appointment, little waiting time, friendly staff. The office is being renovated and the newer floors are beautiful - older floors are fine but a little dark...The staff was very informed and helpful. They were able and willing to answer questions, and consulted the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner whenever I had concerns...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
the clinic is great - easy to get an appointment, little waiting time, friendly staff. The office is being renovated and the newer floors are beautiful - older floors are fine but a little dark.
Dr. Dicken took the time to discuss the issues we were having with recurrent miscarriages thoroughly with both me and my husband. She was kind and warm, but also gave us space to make decisions on our own. She really seems to understand how to support her patients while still giving them the space to deal with an intensely private matter.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken started treatment by meeting with my husband and I for a long period of time, covering every detail of our history. She then laid out a course of potential next steps and treatment, explaining the level of invasiveness of each step. She recommended starting with the least invasive course to gather information and then proceeding from there. She explained the details and purpose of each test and treatment in detail. We were experiencing recurrent miscarriages and she recommended genetic testing for both parents, and a round of Clomid based on our discussion of the timing of my cycles, in an attempt to control the timing of ovulation and improve egg quality. She discovered a few genetic mutations on my genetic test that can affect folic acid levels and can contribute to clotting, resulting in pregnancy loss. She prescribed medications to address the issue and I become pregnant with my son the next cycle abd delivered a healthy baby in September 2016.
Come prepared with as much information as you can - dates, cycle tracking, anecdotal evidence of how you have felt and reacted while trying to get pregnant or during other treatments. Dr. Dicken will gather as much information as possible and factor it into her recommendation. I was impressed that she looked at the length of my cycles, the timing of ovulation according to ovulation strips, the timing of my miscarriages, and noticed a pattern of Kate ovulation. I was glad I had tracked this information. She us extremely thorough.
Letrozole to stimulate earlier ovulation, before degradation of egg begins. Aspirin during conception and blood thinners after conception to prevent clots, after genetic testing revealed predisposition to clotting. High dose folic acid after genetic testing revealed mutation affecting folate levels. High dose omega 3 after natural killer assay was slightly elevated.
I don't remember exact costs but I had good health coverage for these issues. I do recall that Dr Dicken was careful to warn about costs that might not be covered by insurance. The clinic also offers a financial counselor to meet with you at the beginning of treatment, but because my treatments were minimal and my health coverage was good we didn't have such a meeting.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
The SIRM Institute has many strengths, including it's "non factory-like" feel, easy scheduling of appointments, wide variety of ways to communicate with patients, and amazing doctors. Sometimes I had experiences with incorrect billing and needed to really stay on top of all bills, insurance claims, and paperwork.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Wang's personable bedside manner always made me feel like I was being treated like a real human. He is caring and compassionate. He always remembered the details of my case and I never felt like "just a chart".
I saw many different nurses but all were competent and knowledgeable. Some were more helpful and kind than others.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I saw Dr. Wang after being treated (unsuccessfully) by another doctor at a different clinic. I was looking for a fresh perspective on my case and the possibility of doing additional testing to uncover potential issues (I had endometriosis and a blocked tube). I only wish I had gone sooner to Dr. Wang! He is an incredible listener and has a way of explaining information to patients that is clear, concise, and makes sense. He has the ability to think outside the box and is willing to try things and always work with the patient. His communication is top notch - always responding to patient concerns or questions quickly and thoroughly. I was never made to feel like a question was a stupid one or a bother. He was able to suggest additional tests that did confirm I needed some extra treatments around immunological issues and uterine receptivity issues. He always sees patients promptly and gives them 100% of his attention. Words really can't describe how great Dr. Wang is.
Make an appointment as soon as possible - don't delay.
I used the Gonal-F/Menopur protocol with Ganirelix. My protocol was always tailored and adjusted for each cycle based on my needs and response. An endometrial function test revealed I would benefit from 3 months of Lupron treatment. I then required IVIG (when Intralipid treatment did not work), Prednisone, and other immune related drugs. After adjusting this protocol, I was able to finally become pregnant.
I used insurance to cover egg retrievals, frozen transfers, office visits, monitoring, and blood work. After exhausting insurance benefits, I paid out of pocket for 1 fresh IVF cycle. The cost for the fresh cycle was very reasonable compared to costs of other clinics.
Sher Fertility of New York
My experience with SHER- NY was amazing. EVERYONE, from nurses to receptionists are welcoming and sensitive to your needs. Dr. O was always readily available via email, even responding on weekends and vacations. The ONLY time another doctor at the practice treated me, Dr. O called me just before the appointment to go over everything 1 more time. She is wonderful.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic itself is wonderfully laid out. Receptionists and financial planner are great! Very patient, taking time to answer any questions. The ONLY criticism I could possibly think of would be that you cannot really make a set appointment time in advance. You call and request your day and preferred time, then they call you to confirm the day before. Mostly though, the time they set is on or close to your preferred time. Also- I personally would prefer later appointment times, but they are not available beyond about 2-3pm.
Dr. O was always direct, yet empathetic in explaining any results. She conveys a familial-like vibe - sort of like your favorite Aunt. She remained positive despite my first negative pregnancy test, and was encouraging in our next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Excellent nursing staff. I had many of them work with me on various occasions and they were all amazing!
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of New York?
Trust her. It's an emotional process- but try not to be too emotional. See it as a goal to be met and take care of business. Follow her orders and pray for the best!
Standard hormone injections for egg retrieval, Lupron treatment for slightly abnormal lining, and cleaning out of uterine fibroids. The Lupron treatment normalized my lining to produce a successful pregnancy.
I know they offered package deals for multiple cycles, but cannot remember how much they cost. I do know that they accepted our health insurance which meant we were only responsible for 10-20% of total cost, and some uncovered things (genetic screening, additional testing, prescription copays etc)
Sher Fertility of New York
[Sher Fertility of New York is] Very clean, very bright, very well staffed. Easy to get to in mid town NY. The only drawback is the changed their prices and they heavily increased the costs of all treatments. Sometimes it's takes a few days for the financial department to get back to you.... Dr.Wang doesnt only do his job with excellent technical skills, but professionalism, integrity and compassion. These qualities set him apart, because it is not just his medical skills that make him a great doctor, it's just who he is.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr.Wang is so down to earth. He gives you real expectations, but with a smile and a sincere wish to help you achieve your dream of being a parent. Many Drs, especially REs, get stuck in Doctor mode. They don't take the time to exchange a real human interaction with their patients. They wear their lab coats and talk about your fertility as if there were talking about changing the carborator on your car. For me, as I imagine for many women, it's very traumatic not being able to conceive, on so many levels. Very soon after I got a BFN with Dr. Wang- he not only called me personally, but he sent an email- empathizing with our loss, and giving us some hope for next cycle. It was the most sincere letter I had ever gotten from anyone in the healthcare business- and after that loss, it ever so slightly took some of the bitterness out of our loss. I imagine this has to be one of the hardest professions to be in as you are dealing with very challenging odds, and many setbacks. Dr.Wang doesnt only do his job with excellent technical skills, but professionalism, integrity and compassion. These qualities set him apart, because it is not just his medical skills that make him a great doctor, it's just who he is.
Very friendly. Always willing to help. Sometimes there were different nurses assigned to me, but that didn't really make much of a difference.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang was truly an excellent doctor who made us feel at home; even in the SIRM office. He always answered every question with honesty, he never gave us false hopes, but he also didn't beat us down with age related facts, as he knew , we already knew them. He was a realist and I appreactaed that. He gets back to emails quickly, and doesn't miss a beat as far as leaving any stone unturned. Our insurance doesn't cover IVf treatments, so unfortunately we were priced out of SIRM, but even now, I am not his patient yet he still responds and answers my questions, faster and with more definition then my current doctor.
Ask lots of questions- he will answer them all! And take his advice- he is so knowledgeable.
Dr Wang used the estrogen priming with Lupron about a week before my cycle started. When my cycle started in Day three we continued on with Lupron x2 daily, Follistim at 225, HGH and then added a low dose HGH mid way through. It was a long stunning cycle but we were able to retrieve 6, fertilize 4, and then transfer 3 which has been my best results to date.
I am not sure the exact costs. But I believe the IVF was about $16,000-17,000
No, I have DOR and am now 44, so I understand transferring a few embryos gives me better odds.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of NY] was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring... I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available...Much of my treatment was covered by insurance but about a quarter of it was by me. Medications (and there were lots) was mostly covered, but I'm sure I spent a few thousand dollars on medication and treatment. Also, I have paid for egg freezing.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clothes mix was well run. I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available.
Dr. Dicken had the patience to answer my MILLION questions and gave me honest reassurance when I felt overwhelmed and afraid.
The nursing staff was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve. She also tested my husband's doer for amount and quality which were fine. She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby. I had a hysterioscopy first to clear my tubes. Then I started hormones and had to undergo three IUI. Dr. Dicken explained that IVF was more effective but I needed IUI's done before my insurance would cover IVF. She was correct. The second IVF resulted in a pregnancy. That IVF I didn't even need injections, just medications. The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
Have your health records ready to go, like genetic and medical history.
I had a low egg reserve so a lot of my treatment was smoking up the eggs I had. She measured my hormone levels and gave me hormones in response.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice [Sher Institute] has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
Dr. Dicken is in a league of her own. Her attitude and knowledge made for an excellent IVF experience. My wife and I were not only blessed with a positive outcome, but also felt totally cared for along the way. After quite a bit of fertility research, we had an initial meeting with Dr. Dicken to discuss our options. We quickly knew she was the best doctor and Sher the right practice to help us expand our family. The IVF process can seem quite overwhelming. Dr. Dicken and the wonderful staff at Sher made sure we had all appointments, calendars, RX’s, and most importantly knowledge along the way. The office is run like a well-oiled machine- rarely a wait, efficient and caring nurses, insurance know-how, and all services onsite. Another couple friend worked with Dr. Dicken/Sher as well; they had the same excellent results and glowing feedback. We enthusiastically recommend Dr. Dicken and Sher to anyone in need of their expertise.
They were the perfect compliment to Dr. Dicken's expertise. Warm, caring, quite proficient... we left feeling like family and always knew we were working with intelligent professionals too.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
She is an excellent physician with a great staff. Take notes during an initial appointment but know she is available to answer any questions as you go along
We used my eggs and my wife carried. Neither of us had any known fertility issues. Due to the way we wanted to have our child, IVF was the clear path. Dr. Dicken gave us options of a fresh transfer or a 5 day embryo, we chose the latter. Each process was clearly explained and we made the decision based on our preferred timeline. Felt 100% confident and very well educated
I don't recall exactly because we have insurance and were near our policy out of pocket max. Do remember thinking costs were very reasonable, inline with other practices researched, but with better care.
1 IUI, IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological, Other
TRUST HIM
1 IUI, IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Our dream came true thanks to Dr. Drew Tortoriello Everything began four years ago when we decided to start family. We tried to get pregnant for year with no luck met. That time I went to see my ob/gyn who sent us for some tests. We were confused, sad and depressed. She told us that IVF is our only option. So we went to clinic that was closest to our hometown. Doctors explained us what should we expect, but after failed IUI, IVF cycles and one miscarriage we were disappointed. We did not know what to do next, stay with clinic that follow protocol and won't make any changes or find someone else who can help us. At that time, I met a friend who was doctor’s T. patient and who got pregnant after first cycle of IVF in her 40s. So we called dr. T. office to make apt. and it was best decision of our live. Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry. We are happiest since this is something that wouldn't be possible without doctor T. What we want to say is beyond 5 stars, excellent service etc. He helped us made life dream come true, so make appointment with him and you will see by yourself. THANK YOU DR. TORTORIELLO and SHER INSTITUTE FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL AIMEE :)
TRUST HIM
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
[Sher Fertility of New York] Weaknesses: Care coordination from cycle to cycle and payment procedures. Strengths: staff...10-15,000 per cycle all included with meds, but they do a package upgrade so that it is cheaper if you do 2nd and 3rd cycle with them....All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she [Dr Cary Dicken] has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
All the nurses know me and my case by name. Dr Dicken has a wonderful bed side manner and is very responsive to questions. She is very compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline)
I think the only issue that I have with the clinic is that my care coordinator changes ...and I'm never quite sure who it is. However all the nurses are lovely and competent - Jacqueline, cindy, Melissa, bouchra, etc. This only became an issue when it came to calendars and medications. I would have liked to understand why medication (and dosage) was changed each round, often it was changed back when I questioned it because the meds where in similar categories...but then why change it at all to begin with?
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
She is an extremely compassionate and competent doctor. Well informed and communicates clearly with her patients - and maybe most importantly listens to the patients and reassures them.
All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience.
Difficult to answer. I have a specific genetic disorder so the protocol was pretty standard (sorry I can't remember all the meds) - I had to get pgs on any embryos created. We had a good protocol to begin with during cycle 1, it was disastrous during cycle 2, so we changed it and found one that worked which produced 1-2 good embryos each cycle - which is the best we could have hoped for.
Sher Fertility of New York
I cannot fully trust that the large number of tests that totaled more than $5,000 were only driven by necessity and not by the clinic's desires to make additional money ( tests were not covered by insurance)....The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was very small, clean and quite well organized in terms of scheduling. I never had an issue with scheduling. The billing process however was very disorganized, they very convincingly sent me a bill for additional $2,000 and were pushy with immediate payments. Given that this is a private clinic, I did have the feeling that much of the treatments and tests were cost driven.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic was very small, clean and quite well organized in terms of scheduling. I never had an issue with scheduling. The billing process however was very disorganized, they very convincingly sent me a bill for additional $2,000 and were pushy with immediate payments. Given that this is a private clinic, I did have the feeling that much of the treatments and tests were cost driven.
The care was very personal, and the clinic was very careful. It did feel however that some of the tests were done as a matter of practice, and upon their receipt there was no diagnosis provided. Ultimately, I never understood the true value of the results of the test - Endometrial function test and NK cell test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: annie choi)
The nurse was good, a bit overwhelmed at times, but ok. I had to remind her of medication that Dr. Oshaughessy suggested, and needed to make sure that she called in all the medication to the pharmacy - so I can't say she was very careful, but was helpful most of the time.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of New York?
The doctor was very reachable and seemed very open in her communication. I cannot fully trust that the large number of tests that totaled more than $5,000 were only driven by necessity and not by the clinic's desires to make additional money ( tests were not covered by insurance). My cycle at the institute (which was my third IVF - and i"m a normal 35 yo with no known problems) did not succeed, so I have mixed feelings about the Dr., who seemed to be very convinced of success rates. Also, she put me on lupron depot which was probably the worst kind of medication for my body so far. I never was told of the side effects , and in my case happened to be quite bad.
Ask as many questions as possible and fully understand what you are actually being tested for - what the purpose is and how the results are being interpreted.
She ultimately gave me the same treatment for the IVF as the past doctors. She used a lupron protocol. However, we did a genetic test on the embyos so we had to continue with a frozen cycle. Because the endometrial function test showed some slight abnormatlities ( a test debated by many) - she put me on lupron depot. This was followed by an FET cycle - one embryo out of 5 tested was deemed good - and we transfered it. I was put on nightly injections of progesterone and delestrogen. Ultimately the cycle failed.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled generally early in the morning, but everyone was put on a waitlist with desired times. Usually if i requested lets say 8:30, i would get that time. So the appointment process was quite easy to manage.
$11,000 (+/- a few hundred) - it was so expensive that I actually did a spreadhseet. Also i had insurance cover the IVF - this was only for tests, and FET.
Sher Fertility of New York
I was not notified when on Day 5, 6 or 7 to see how many embryos had made it to freeze. When I called [Sher-Manh], I was dismissed and told it was too late in the day and everyone was gone. When Dr. Dicken finally reached out it was with a 2 sentence email - "you're embryos didn't make it. please contact the office to schedule your next cycle". It was heartbreaking to read and I couldn't believe anyone could think after $20,000+, the emotional and physical journey I'd been on, etc... that this kind of communication is acceptable to a vulnerable patient.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
I had seen a different Dr at this clinic and was very satisfied. It's an older office which looks antiquated compared to some other clinics. Know as an out of state patient you might not get the same emotional care as other patients -
I was an out of state patient and it was difficult to ask questions and receive answers. When we did travel to NY, Dr Dicken kept us waiting for hours and was very cold, unreceptive to questions. I felt like patient 1234 versus having the individualized care I've received with other doctors.
overworked. as an out of state patient it was difficult to communicate.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
My Dr had left the practice rather suddenly and I appreciated Dr Dicken taking over my care. We discussed treatment and she said she treated similarly to the Dr I had been seeing. I don't know that she could have done anything better medically, although perhaps if she had seen me as more of her patient and not someone who was out of state and just coming for retrieval - My issue with Dr Dicken was her bedside manner. She was unapproachable, unavailable and very cold. On the few occassions we did see her, she kept us waiting for hours, acted very nonchalantly, and didn't seem invested in me as her patient. On Day 5, no one called me with results, and when I called, I was told it was too late in the day to get news. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Anyone who has undergone IVF and is waiting for day 5 to learn about their embryos knows no call is unacceptable. That evening I received an email from Dr Dicken stating my embryos didn't survive. It was two sentences - with zero kindness or compassion. It was an awful way to learn the outcome. I refused to see Dr Dicken again.
Don't expect kindness or compassion.
monitored out of state
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
It is a charming little place [at Sher - Manh] where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!...Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic is not the typical cookie cutting clinic like Cornell, NYU or RMA. It is a charming little place where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch. Since I graduated from Dr. Wang, I have created a group of former, current and future patients of Dr. Wang called Wang Gang. We are about 90 ladies and we help each other in real life with advise, medications and support.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 6 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
Never give up and trust Dr. Wang completely!
My successful cycle we transferred my lonely 2 embryos on Day 2 and I have my 1 year old son from that fresh D2 transfer. We used HGH as my quality was really bad especially after termination my first pregnancy with Dr. Wang due to a developmental issue with the baby. So we used everything we knew about .
I had insurance coverage so all I had to do is keep a close eye to all the claims
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
There are several doctors in the group [at Sher - Manh] and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me...The staff at Sher NYC is okay. They can do a better job of providing thorough and complete information to patients since they are the ones who make phone calls to patients and regularly provide them with information about next steps during treatment...
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
There are several doctors in the group and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me.
Dr. Dicken is warm and personable. She is very responsive to email and genuinely cares about her patients and their results. I felt comfortable asking her any questions I had and she was always patient and thoughtful when answering. I never felt rushed out of her office and felt well taken care of by her.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken is a knowledgeable doctor with excellent bedside manner. She is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr. Dicken and the 2nd cycle resulted in my husband and I having two beautiful twin boys! We couldn't be happier with our experience and highly recommend Dr. Dicken to anyone considering IVF treatment.
Don't be afraid to reach out and ask her about concerns you have (I even sent her a picture of a bloody pad)!
My 2nd IVF cycle we used a treatment where we quieted down the endometriosis I had. I was given 1 shot every month for 3 months so that my eggs could grow without the endo interfering with their growth. I think this was a key factor in my ability to get pregnant in my 2nd IVF cycle.
My treatment was largely covered by my insurance. I think that the overall cost of care was somewhere in the $4,000 to $7,000 dollar range per IVF cycle.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I felt like if I was not 100% on top of my protocol and medicines there would have been mistakes.
Investor
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I was a satellite Patient. I do think if I was in NY for my whole treatment, I would give Dr. O'Shaughnessy a better result, but I felt like In the beginning stages she wasn't totally on top of my results. Once we got to the retrieval stage I felt more comfortable. That said, SHE did email me every time with my results or call, unlike bigger facilities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Annie Chan)
Again, because I was a satellite patient, I never really understood what role each nurse took. I also started with one nurse and then had another one emailing me. I felt they did not realize I was a satellite patient, so would send me my calendar after a monitoring appointment. They also forgot to order medications one time, which luckily turned out to be ok, but could have been an issue. I do think this was because of my status and would be different if i were an in office patient
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. O'Shaughnessy is a great Dr. She has years of experience and I felt very confident from the beginning that the protocol she was using was the best for my case. She was not a great communicator, but I was a satellite patient so I never met her until my retrieval. Dr. O can be very blunt in her tone, but she wants the very best outcome. She is very direct and honest regarding your chances and your results. I consulted with four Dr's I had recommendations for. She was the only one who went thru my bloodwork thoroughly. If you are a satellite patient (meaning your doing all your monitoring at another facility) you just have to make sure you stay on top of your results, and ask a lot of questions. From a surgical stand point, I felt very confident with her and her team.
To make sure you are prepared with your questions during the monitoring phase. From my experience, I felt Dr O was not as attentive during this stage because its not as important to the dr. despite every day being important to the patient.
I did not do any monitoring here. I did my monitoring in Virgina at RMSVA, which I have to say was wonderful. They treated me like I was their patient and they sent my results on a timely manner.
Sher Fertility of New York
This clinic [Sher] was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well...[Nurse] Leslie was amazing to deal with. She was thorough and was on top of everything. She was super nice as well and emailed me back in a timely manner...They were very accommodating with monitoring...I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
I felt like a human with this dr because I saw him every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later. I sometimes email him with ideas that my new drs have and he always gives me his advice.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
This doctor is very easy to talk to and answers his emails within a few hours. He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account. My first IVF with him resulted in 36 eggs and 22 embryos that ALL arrested on day 3. It was a complete shock that not even one made it to blastocyst. He called me himself with this news and stayed on the phone with me as long as I needed him to. We did another IVF with him in which I also produced 36 eggs and 22 embryos. He called saying they werent looking good on day 3 and I begged if I can come in and transfer 2 to see if maybe they would survive better inside me than in a petrie dish. He agreed. This ended up being a chemical pregnancy. All my other embryos did arrest. This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news. He even admitted to try another clinic to see how my embryos would grow there. Its been 4 years since being treated by him and we still keep in contact. He is a very honest and kind dr. I wish it would have worked out by him.
My advice is that he is a really kind and caring doctor. He is on top of it all and will deliver news to you personally. You will have a human experience here.
My first IVF we used gonal F in varying amounts, menopur, and ganirelix and triggered with HCG. This resulted in 36 eggs, 22 embryos, and they all arrested by day 3. I also had slight OHSS from this cycle. I did another IVF with him and we changed the protocol. I was on BCP for 3 weeks before stims, lupron, gonal F, menopur, and ganirelix. We had 36 eggs, 22 embryos and transferred 2 embryos on day 3 since the dr called saying all the embryos weren't looking good. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy and had VERY bad hyperstimulation and was bedridden for a few weeks. This doctor believed that maybe my husbands balanced translocation caused this (later we tested some of the dead embryos and they were normal so this was not the reason) or that my embryos did not like their lab. He also suggested doing a day 1 or 2 transfer. Ultimately he suggested trying RMA since their lab protocol is difference there.
They were very accommodating with monitoring. Dr. Wang often came in 10 minutes earlier to see me so that I would not be late to work since I worked over an hour away.
I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with. We did 2 IVF egg retrievals here and one fresh transfer. We also paid to get embryos tested. My medications at the time were partially covered by insurance. I believe we spent around $30,000.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr Jeffrey Wang] retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist [at Sher Fertility of New York] spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
2013 - 2014
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
It's the opposite of a factory.
He has the best bedside manner of any doctor. I've never felt like someone cared as much about us or fought as hard for us. He kept us informed and gave us a voice. Infertility sucks, but he, and the baby he and his team are responsible for creating, were the good things to come out of the process.
Some nurses were fantastic, some were not as organized, and one was cold and never smiled.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
There aren't enough words in the English language to cover my admiration, appreciation, and respect for Dr. Wang. He kept us involved in the process, answered emails at all hours, was open to our ideas, and fully made it a "team" effort. He grieved our setbacks with us and plotted a new course, and celebrated our victories, including the birth of our child, with us.
Run, don't walk, to see him.
We dealt with severe MFI, so he coordinated with my husband's urologist to time my egg retrieval with his surgery. He monitored me closely to keep my on schedule, and it worked perfectly. He retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
We had insurance coverage, so I can't comment beyond saying that the staff was very helpful in dealing with my insurance, despite the insurance company's hard work to make things as difficult as possible.
2008 - 2013
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
The 2 cycle plan [at Sher Fertility of New York] I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic...Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff...Clinic has good doctors and good office and flexible cycle dates as well as individual cycle dates. We did not normally wait a great amount of time. I think a handful of times we had to wait because there was an emergency or doctor had to be somewhere else that ran late but the vast majority of the time it was very good.
2008 - 2013
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
He would answer all questions calmly and completely in person, on the phone, by email and on the webboard
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking. We were given a less than 5% chance that they would both take and of course they both did. Now after PGD screening of the embryos and >$100,000 spent and 7 miserable years trying to build a family destroying my wifes body we have our first child and the twins with the boy twin being terribly sick with a very rare genetic mutation called CTNNB1 Haploinsufficiency that essentially means severe mental retardation and severe Cerebral palsy. SO we in essence gave up the best years of our lives to create a sick child that will drain us financially and emotionally for the rest of our lives- not to mention how it will mess up our children.
He is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice
Standard cycle medications and treatment were used though the ONLY success we had was after doing FROZEN transfers BOTH times. The second time my wife was given hormones to shut her reproductive system down for 3 months prior to the frozen transfer to get her ready and it worked--- A little too well it turns out.
the 2 cycle plan I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic
2011 - 2013
9 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Physically the offices aren't as fancy/expensive-looking as Cornell or New Hope or NYU, but don't let that influence your decision because overall, SIRM-NY is high quality where it counts! The most important thing is to find a good doctor who you feel is the right person to have on your team for what can be a very long and challenging process, and I found that in this clinic. Their scheduling and front desk staff was also good, which I don't think I've mentioned yet but which makes a difference when you have to have as many appointments as fertility treatment involves!
2011 - 2013
9 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and friendly and had a good sense of humor, but also very practical and straightforward when it came to discussing the details of my treatment with me. He listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
There were a lot of them so I was friendlier with some than others, but I got along with all of them and never had any unpleasant incidents of any kind in the three years I was a patient there. It helped that I could also always email my doctor directly too if necessary.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I already covered this in the why I felt like a human rather than a number section, and this interface won't let me cut and paste so unfortunately if you want more coherence you're going to have to refer to my previous answer. Short version, Dr. Tortoriello: -- listened to me -- was never patronizing or dismissive of my questions -- never discouraged me from doing my own research -- was kind -- was a straight talker about my treatment details -- had a good sense of humor -- was deft and gentle in his touch with both ultrasound and during retrievals
I remember all of this, but I did too many cycles to be extremely specific here. To give a quick overview, though, after my first disastrous high stim cycle (nothing frozen), I then always did a low-medium stim cycle with Femara for a few days, then added anywhere from 75-300 FSH plus a small dose of HGH (Omnitrope .5mL or less) per day. We then added Ganerelix to suppress ovulation when that became necessary, until it was time for retrieval. The standard 10,000iu hCG trigger shot was used every time. Occasionally we did a luteal phase start. The rationale for this was that the super high stim protocol oversuppressed me and my AFC was never that high anyway (although we would never start a cycle with less than 4, which meant I took off a couple of months after every cycle so my follicle count could replenish itself a bit). With this protocol, I always had at least 1 blastocyst frozen per cycle. I didn't do genetic testing so I've no idea how many of those embryos are normal, butvam assuming at least a few of them probably are.
I've tried to block it out, but it was commensurate with other equivalent clinics in NYC and slightly cheaper than a couple of the others I considered at the time
As long as my doctor is willing to do eSET, I think that's up to the patient; I never wanted it so it never came up, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Tortoriello would do it if that was what I wanted--it's my body/money/willingness to risk or reduce a multiple pregnancy!
2012 - 2013
The clinic manager [at Sher Fertility of New York] is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better...Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from
2012 - 2013
European, East Asian, Latino, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic [Sher] and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park...Jacqueline and Marian responded really promptly when I had questions or needed coordination with my old clinic who was still doing most of the monitoring. It was night and day between communication response times with Sher and my former clinic. Jacqueline made me feel really good when I showed up in NY, chatting and laughing with me.
European, Black or African-American, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Dicken is on the 6th floor which is decorated really nicely and feels good to be in. The 3rd floor where I had to go a couple times for monitoring, isn't as nice. But all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park.
Dr Dicken emails with me personally, takes my ideas seriously, and based my treatment on what was going on with my body, not just standard clinic protocol. I felt like she is really invested in coming up with something that will work for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo and Marian Gerges)
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Honestly, even if this doesn't work, I'm glad we tried our 2nd IVF with Dr. Dicken instead of staying at our old clinic. The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks.
Have all your tests and documentation ready for her to review. Tell her your concerns.
I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze. My first IVF I also had a split cohort of eggs growing at different rates. Because of this, she chose not to start me on BCP, but instead a week of estrogen priming, then 225 gonal f and 75 mg menopur. She also let me try Human Growth Hormone for 5 days, which my former clinic refused to do. Ganirelix the last few days. My eggs all grew at the same rate this time, meaning we could retrieve almost all.
My insurance covered it, so I had the percentage that they don't pay for, plus $400 for HGH which they don't cover, plus travel and lodging for the 5 days I had to be in NY for monitoring before egg retrieval. As well as cost for donor sperm and embryo freezing.
They will transfer 3 for my age group.
Sher Fertility of New York
Clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded...Leslie was very responsive and I felt I could always email her with any questions. She send the prescriptions to my pharmacy promptly. She even helped me with getting some paperwork from my previous doctor. Leslie kept me organized by sending me detailed calendar with each medication dosage and appointment/blood test scheduled. She would follow up with new calendar if anything changed. Leslie spend an hour with me showing me how to administer each shot or each medication by myself which made me very confident when I had to do it at home. She also send me some video links in case I forgot.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Clinic is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded.
Dr. Wang was very accessible to answer all my questions. I could call him as well as email him with any updates or questions and he responded right away, most of the time within an hour or two.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is very responsive. He takes his time to answer all the questions. Does not rush. After each setback he is eager to learn from the past and do testing to assure positive results in the future. I feel like he really cares to help me.
Try this doctor because you will not go wrong with him. Be as open as you can about your concerns or symptoms.
injectible drugs before the egg retrieval.
Dr. Wang educated me on eSET vs multiple embryo transfer not once but each time before the decision needed to be made. He left the decision to me and my husband. He was NOT preferring one over the other. Dr. Wang would not transfer more than 2.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
WEAKNESS [at Sher Fertility]: *the outcome for IVF retrieval and IVF transfer is sent via email. If your results are good, great! However, if it is not reading that via email could be traumatizing. *several instances were I was not informed that a retrieval or transfer would be performed by another doctor until I arrived. *If you have a billing issue be prepared for a long wait before your issue is addressed and/or resolved...Since I have a good ovarian reserve the Antagonist protocol was used...From very minor to big mistakes were made during my cycle. I.E., Administering medication too earlier, not ordering a specific test day of transfer...STRENGTHS: *sono & blood monitoring appointments are on time, *the waiting room is NOT crowded. *medical staff returns emails fairly quickly *old "matrixed" billing system was updated making medical expenses a lot easier to understand.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
STRENGTHS: *sono & blood monitoring appointments are on time, *the waiting room is NOT crowded. *medical staff returns emails fairly quickly *old "matrixed" billing system was updated making medical expenses a lot easier to understand. WEAKNESS: *the outcome for IVF retrieval and IVF transfer is sent via email. If your results are good, great! However, if it is not reading that via email could be traumatizing. *several instances were I was not informed that a retrieval or transfer would be performed by another doctor until I arrived. *If you have a billing issue be prepared for a long wait before your issue is addressed and/or resolved.
Dr. Dicken was empathetic and gentle in the way that she communicated with me during a very emotional IVF cycle. When asked questions (in-person/via email) she was patient and responded in "laymen" terms.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken missed some red flags in my blood results which led to me experiencing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). This syndrome is painful and caused my IVF cycle to be delayed. Subsequently, a frozen IVF cycle rather than a fresh transfer was the only recourse for that cycle.
Do research so you better understand your hormone levels and how that impacts your IVF cycle.
Since I have a good ovarian reserve the Antagonist protocol was used.
Two embryos were transferred each of the two IVF cycles. My age was a factor.
Sher Fertility of New York
Monitoring hours can be a little inconvenient, as they start at 8.45am. Besides that, I don't have many complaints about SHER as a whole. The nurses and front desk were kind and compassionate...I actually communicated frequently with Dr Tortoriello vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics... He [Dr. Tortoriello] would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Where do I start with Dr. T...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Mika Dychiao)
I actually communicated frequently with Dr T vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time. During our 3rd attempt, we did slow stimming and I had one embryo. This turned out to be my healthy and adorable daughter. We're planning to go back within the year to give her a sibling. If you have any doubts regarding your RE, go to dr. T!!! He is amazing.
Ask questions for your comfort, but trust him completely. He is a true expert, as well as ethical and fair.
Luckily we had insurance coverage so I'm not sure about OOP cycle costs.
I believe Dr. T preferred single transfer to avoid multiples. I didn't have that option so it wasn't an issue for us.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Consider the team and not just the MD. All staff members impact your care...I had to ask for instructions [at Sher Fertility] when I started injecting my medication; instruction was not offered. The nurse was rushed and the encounter was not helpful. The clinic's practice was to provide a link to a YouTube video, which did not exactly mirror my own situation. I had to rely on verbal advice from a nurse friend, by phone.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic is pleasant and clean. I occasionally had a hard time being buzzed in first thing in the morning. The staff was solicitous, but throughout my long treatment process, problems arose. I was given conflicting or incorrect advice about obtaining medical records, when to fast vs. not fast before a procedure, when to have an empty vs. full bladder before a procedure, whether to take certain medications while fasting.
Dr. Dicken is professional and friendly. I appreciate that she is available by email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
I had to ask for instructions when I started injecting my medication; instruction was not offered. The nurse was rushed and the encounter was not helpful. The clinic's practice was to provide a link to a YouTube video, which did not exactly mirror my own situation. I had to rely on verbal advice from a nurse friend, by phone.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken is qualified and professional. I am very happy that I was able to deliver a healthy child with her intervention. She was flexible about trying both IUI with my own eggs and transfer of donated embryos, as well as with different levels of medication with each IUI.
Consider the team and not just the MD. All staff members impact your care.
Three IUIs, each with increasing levels of ovulation monitoring and ovulation-producing medication. Then two transfers of privately donated embryos, under anesthesia.
I do not remember. They were comparable to other facilities in the area, but a bit lower.
Sher Fertility of New York
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance [at Sher Fertility of NY] and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level...My experience as a patient was excellent. I was extremely nervous visiting Dr. Tortoriello because I was heavily bleeding and did not know why. Dr. T made sure I did multiple tests to diagnose my situation. He prescribed an endometrial biopsy, sonogram, and inter uterine sonogram. Once he diagnosed the fibroid pressing on my uterus, he knew I needed a hormone shot, medicine and surgical procedures. All went very well and the bleeding has stopped! I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a patient who was cared about. Dr. T. always remembered my case and plus he even wrote me in between visits to check on me. My experience with him has been wonderful. Thank you Dr. T!
Dr. Tortoriello was friendly and professional. He stated exactly what he found and diagnosed my condition immediately. He mentioned several options for my treatment and responded to all my emails. Dr. T talked with my on the phone to calm me down when I was very upset over my fibroid bleeding. He told me all would turn out well over time, and everything did. I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello for any and all fertility needs and female issues. He is kind, knowledgeable and treats you like a human being.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Be very honest with him about all your symptoms and trust him.
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level.
Sher Fertility of New York
All staff [at Sher - Manh] was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues...Keep track of what you do. If you send fax then call and confirm your fax was recieved, stay on top of things, ask questions, double check things if needed...Personalized care, short wait time, individual approach. Same doctors, same nurses, small practice, feels like home, not like factory....Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
All staff was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken was very professional, accomodating and understanding. She is easy to reach and answers emails promptly. All appointments were right on schedule, never felt rushed and all questions were answered. Was pleased to know that patients' requests and considerations regarding treatment plan were taken into account and changes were made as needed during treatment plan. Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
General advice for all patients undergoing fertility treatments - read, read and read. Be prepared when you go on interview so you can have a conversation. Be your own advocate, know your own history, do research on all procedures. This knowledge will not only allow you to get the best results but will also save you a lot of money.
Antagonist protocol, 3 day transfer, all to freeze.
Mostly paid by insurance, 25 % copayment
Dr. Dicken did have a preference to transfer the least number of embryos.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...she [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat...new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Great. new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
He spent over an hour at our first consult and he went over all my old records thoroughly and there was a lot! He didn't discourage me even though I was told I was "too old" and had "old eggs" by other doctors so he gave me hope. He saw me for EVERY visit !! he did all his own sonograms and the retrieval and transfer. This was night and day compared to my other centers where I saw my main doctor once or twice the whole time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lesly)
she was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is just a very kind man who cares. You can tell. He never rushed me and answered my emails, sometimes late at night, all the time. He was very realistic without dashing my dreams and prayers. He is incredibly busy but somehow always reached out to me to see how I was doing. Love that man.
See him first...not after schlepping through 2 factory centers first!!!
He used estrogen patches and then stimulation medication. Lower dosages than before. Felt much less bloaty. He triggered me a bit later I think. I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!
Not much....my insurance covers me for 3 cycles.
He offered to implant one, but I wanted both, and he said it was all right as I was nearly 40.
Sher Fertility of New York
The clinic's [Sher Institute of Westchester] main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc....[Nurse] Leslie seems to be very organized and on top of all the details when it comes to coordinating an IVF cycle. I was very impressed by her.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The clinic's main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc.
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate and caring doctor that I have ever had. He provides a level of personalized care that is simply a cut above the rest. I can't imagine ever feeling like I was just a number under his care. His level of attentiveness and kindness is what one can only hope for with every doctor but yet is so hard to find.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is everything one could hope for in an RE. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough, communicative, progressive...I could go on and on. Truly, there is no other RE like him.
Don't be shy to ask questions. Dr. Wang is very responsive and he never makes you feel like your questions are a bother.
Estrogen priming to synchronize follicles then microdose Lupron, Gonal F and menopur and Omnitrope. Produced better results in terms of quality of the eggs.
Insurance paid for most of it.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Immunological
I only went to SIRM for Dr. Wang. I feel the clinic is pretty expensive when compared to other options. Dr. Wang was absolutely worth it, but I’m not certain I’d pay on that level for anyone else. The clinic has a great location and is clean and professional, nothing bad to say about the space or basic set-up...I loved the nursing staff...I think around 60k for four cycles not including genetic testing which added about 10k. However, I think rates have changed since we were there.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Immunological
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Wang is the warmest, most compassionate doctor I’ve ever had for any treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
I loved the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang worked so hard with us for over a year, to bring us our son. He is the kindest, smartest, most caring doctor. He is considerate and brilliant and always a step ahead managing any road blocks. He always went above and beyond to look out for us and always treated us with such extraordinary care. He found autoimmune issues no other doctor had found, and that made all the difference for us. I will always look back at our treatments with Dr.Wang with incredible gratitude.
See him now. Don’t wait!
We did pretty straight forward antagonist cycles, the difference for us was using autoimmune meds during our last transfer and transferring a larger number of day 2 embryos, rather than waiting to make blasts. I firmly believe we would not have been successful without this early transfer protocol which Dr. Wang carefully put together for us.
I can’t remember exactly, but I think around 60k for four cycles not including genetic testing which added about 10k. However, I think rates have changed since we were there.
We transferred a larger number untested embryos which led to success after failed single and double transfers of pgd tested embryos.
Endometriosis, None
Most of the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.... I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.... My only issue with the clinic is scheduling appointments. They will not schedule out appointmeant too far in advance for minetering.
Endometriosis, None
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
She always listened to our questions and concerns. Even thought she was the doctor, she valued our opinion during our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie P)
Most of the nurses were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Dicken was the third doctor I met with and for whatever reason I knew she would be the doctor that would finally make us parents. I have a sexual assault history and I felt comfortable disclosing this information to her. Before we completed the egg retrieval my anxiety was sky high because I was going to be unconscious-this made me feel extremely vonerable. After discussing my history and anxiety, Dr. Dicken listened with an open mind and reassured me. After that I was mentally ready to finally move forward with IVF.
Trust the process
For UIU, we switched from clomid to letrozole because it was better for my lining. The first round of IVF we used birth control but after we canceled that round we left our birth control because I was a slow responder.
I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.
UIU's at the time, out of pocket cost roughly $650, since then the entire IUI procedure now costs around $950 a cycle.
We transferred both eggs because of my low numbers and age.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The office staff [at Sher Fertility] in Westchester are lovely. I had Dr. Browne's mobile number and was able to call her. She responded to all my emails... The staff in the city office are rushed.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility of New York?
The office staff in Westchester are lovely. I had Dr. Browne's mobile number and was able to call her. She responded to all my emails.
The staff in the Westchester office are great and caring. The staff in the city office are rushed.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of New York?
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility of New York?
At the beginning, i thought she was great but as things progressed she didnt seem sound on her own opinon and would change it, eg. when to trigger me etc. she often changed her mind at the last min (eg, 3 day transfer v 5 day). On the last attempt she did not clearly explain why the volume of eggs was so low.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility of New York?
REally question her decisions, ask her why she keeps changing her mind. It felt like she was in a rush sometimes.
Describe the protocols Hyacinth Nicole Browne used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of New York and their degree of success.
1st attempt - Follistim (600) , menapur and generelix and HCG trigger - 6 eggs, 5 fertilized, 5 made it to Day 3. Transferred 3 at Day 3 other 2 did not make it to Day5. negative pregnancy test 2nd attempt - Natural IVF attemp with lower meds, Follistim (350), menapur and ganerelix - 2 eggs retrieved, both fertilized. Did not make it past day 4. - no transfer 3rd attempt - Lupron used this time. for 7 days. Follistim (600), menapur and ganerelix - 5 eggs, only 1 fertilized. - Scans showed 9 follicles measuring between 18 -20 but only 5 mature, only 1 fertilized. - transferred the 1 embryo on Day 3 - awaiting results.
Hyacinth Nicole Browne
2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
The front staff [at Sher Fertility of New York] were always friendly & welcoming. The embryologist was amazing & worked hard. The nurses in the office were friendly & always answered questions with a quick response...Dr Wang completed all of his ultrasounds. The appointments were in the afternoon. He was always thorough. He always explained everything he saw....He is the most compassionate man who saw me as an individual. He took his time to answer all of my questions. He listened to all of my concerned and addressed each one making me feel at ease and heard. He believed in my intuition. He is amazing!
2013
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The front staff were always friendly & welcoming. The embryologist was amazing & worked hard. The nurses in the office were friendly & always answered questions with a quick response.
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor who I have ever had the pleasure to work with (you read that correctly, work with). He was available to answer any questions at any time of the day. He responded quickly with pure scientifical, yet empathetic answers during such an emotionally fueled time. I still email this amazing doctor to show him pictures of my beautiful 27 month old girls. His smile was such a comfort to me during the ivf cycle. I would recommend him to anyone who would listen. He sets the bar so high for all of my future drs.
The nurses that I worked with were quick to respond with thorough answers.
Trust him.
I was on gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, Saizon, prednisone, baby aspirin, lovenox.
Insurance paid
2012
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
All appointments [at Sher Institute] are scheduled (as opposed to some other clinics that have open hours). Its a bit annoying but your doctor does all your monitoring and procedures....first go round - no insurance - did a 3 cycle package for about 23k (not counting copays for bloodwork and meds) second go round - FET- had insurance - i think i paid maybe 200 out of pocket for copays...Dr Wang is the best doctor i have ever been to. He listens, he gives amazing advice and he cares so much.
2012
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
All appointments are scheduled (as opposed to some other clinics that have open hours). Its a bit annoying but your doctor does all your monitoring and procedures.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
He is amazing. Best doctor ever. Smart, compassionate and caring. We have been in touch for years. I moved to another doctor in the clinic for my FET 2.5 years after my fresh cycle with Jeff produced my daughter (for logistical reasons) and he kept in touch throughout my treatment and subsequent pregnancy with my twins even though i was no longer officially his patient.
Trust him. Also don't be shy about asking potentially stupid questions - even at 4am.
IUI with injectables - chemical pregnancy Fresh cycle - antagonist protocol - negative but produced 3 frozen embryos that worked as a FET 3 years later (produced identical twins) Fresh Cycle 2- long lupron - produced fewer eggs but thought that the quality might be better - did a 3 day emergency transfer when all but 3 arrested at day 2 - produced a wonderful amazing baby girl
Sher Fertility of New York
This clinic [Sher - Manhatten] was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there...The nurses who reached out to me after every tests were great. The nurses who took my blood tests were just ok...they bruised me a couple of times and couldn't answer some of my questions about what the test results would indicate...I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
This clinic was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there.
Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him. Much better than the experience I had working with a different doctor before!!!
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation. If I could, I'd have Dr. Wang as my doctor for everything. He's amazing!
NONE!
Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step. The result was GOOD!
I haven't received all the bills yet.
Sher Fertility of New York
Cary Dicken is a wonderful doctor who really cares about her patients. She answers her e-mails right away, makes time for each patient to ask questions or raise concerns both in person and over the phone. She is calm, nurturing and honest. The way she delivers information is with respect and care. She has amazing communication skills....I love Sher and would highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Mellissa was the nurse and Jacqueline was her Coordinator. They were outstanding!)
Mellissa and Jaqueline were both amazing.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
I highly recommend Cary Dicken to anyone who is exploring fertility treatment. I plan on going back to her again soon. She is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. She is kind, caring and sympathetic.
See her as soon as you can so she can explore all options with you.
I first went through blood work and for an HSG test with a radiologist. The doctor she recommended was outstanding. I then took oralmedications and injections to prepare for egg retrieval. On the 3rd try I became pregnant. She was there every step of the way!
They were very accommodating with my work schedule.
Mine were mostly covered by my insurance plan. If I had to pay out of pocket they looked to be fair.
Sher Fertility of New York
Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous...SIRM is great. Sixth floor is brand new and gorgeous. The MAs and nurses, especially Lindsay, are very kind and sweet and all KNEW ME. It would be nice if Dr. T had earlier appointments but that is the price of seeing one doctor and not twenty different docs...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
He is very warm and personable. He answered all of m,y very many emails promptly. He called me with results.
Lindsay was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Tortoriello was my third fertility doctor. I went through many IUIs and 2 IVF cycles elsewhere at a large factory clinic in NYC. By far my experience with Dr. T was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle.
No advice except see him first!
Covered 100%.
I only had one blastocyst by day 5, and it took. But if I had another he said he still prefers one at a time.
Sher Fertility of New York
The nursing staff [at Sher - Manh] overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left...Sher is a boutique clinic, you see your doctor when you go. They are very personalized. the only issue is with their billing, which is very disorganized...
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. Dicken is incredibly kind, compassionate and a good listener. She did not sugarcoat bad news but was very sensitive to the stress we were under and always gave me time to make decisions and listened to my concerns and questions. She always responded to my emails.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The nursing staff overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
She is excellent in explaining options based on her assessment of your situation. She was realistic but hopeful. She said to me, "if you were my sister, I would tell you not to give up on your own eggs." and it almost made me cry because it felt so good to hear.
Come in with all of your questions because she will make an effort to respond to them.
They are covered for the most part by insurance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
A very organised and we'll put together clinic [Sher - Manh]. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point...She [nurse] communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication...Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars...the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point
Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely. She was very candid and ensured I was in best of health before starting the fertility treatment. It was obvious she was not: desperate to collect my money and commence treatment until she was sure that my body was ready to carry a pregnancy. She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York.
She communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility of New York?
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist. She made sure :that health wise, I was ready to Cary a pregnancy
Listen to Cary and trust her
Can't remember the details but I know the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars
Cary Dicken advised me to transfer a single embryo because of my history. I lost an 18 weeks twin pregnancy the previous year and suggested it was better not to risk a multiple pregnancy
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office [Sher Institute] is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc...Some treatment of immunology issues was done on me, it did not hurt probably. I also was taking hgh. Dr. T also adjusted protocol in the beginning of the cycle, given my hormone levels (there was a switch in drugs, and i actually lost some money on that). Since the results were dismal, I am not sure it worked.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The doctor is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc.
Dr T. is very good at communicating, though his nurse was not.
Nurse did not reply to my messages, when replied seemed to ignore the questions -- this was very stressful, but if I would ask Dr. T, they would come back .
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T. was very good at communicating, he replied very thoroughly / promptly to my questions. I think there was probably unnecessary part of the treatment and testing (immunology, hgh), i was stunned to have just one embryo after 2 months of prepping, and better results with other doctors.
10-13K + meds
Sher Fertility of New York
[Sher Fertility is] Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results...Everyone was great at drawing blood quickly and neatly. All were very kind and friendly...I went to the Westchester office for a Beta test one time on a Friday, and the results came in but there was a communication error between the two clinics and I didn’t get my results until the following Tuesday. I ended up staying on progesterone unnecessarily for three extra days. It was very stressful.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results. This place is terrific.
Sheri was a small facility. I never waited very long, and it always felt comfortable in the waiting room. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. T is great! He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch.
Make sure you ask questions. He will answer, but isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs.
We did Femara IUI. I am an SMC and didn’t have any proven infertility at the time, so we started slow. I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
I had insurance, so I just paid copays.
2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was....[Nursing staff was] matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well....finance dept. was helpful...It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
2010
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Easy to schedule
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
The nurse and financial teams [Sher - Manh] are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made...There were parts of my protocol that had been changed after discussion, but the calendar didn't reflect that. Another time, a medication was switched out but wasn't in a subsequent cycle. Also, they asked for financial forms, but I never got them emailed to me, and another time we faxed forms in several times to then learn their fax machine didn't work.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
The nurse and financial teams are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made.
He has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
Dr. Wang is outstanding. He communicates extensively with me, gives thoughtful opinions and advice, and doesn't put me through anything hard unnecessarily. He truly considers me as a specific patient and doesn't automatically do or not do anything. He is clearly an expert, and has recommended things that have brought us increased success.
Share all of your questions and opinions so he can help make you very comfortable.
PICSI was added for male factor infertility (sperm fragmentation) and this got us 2.5 more embryos than any prior cycle.
Around 11k for IVF, 1000 for PICSI, 3600 I think for FET.
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Nothing good or bad to mention [at Sher Fertility of New York]. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean...[Dr. Wang has a ] Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared...I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
9 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Fine. Nothing good or bad to mention. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean
Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared
Nuetral
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility of New York?
I really like Dr Wang. I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
As questions and ask about all possible testing that can be done early on
Only did 3 rounds of IUI with progesterone support. 1 chemical pregnancy.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
[Sher Fertility of New York was] Very organized...You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work...Bushra [nurse] was a bit disorganized but very kind...Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills...Around 25k for ivf...[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of New York.
Very organized. Very expensive. You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work
Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of New York. (Assigned nurse: bushra)
Bushra was a bit disorganized but very kind
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility of New York?
Extremely patient. Answered all my emails very quickly. Very kind. Understanding. Never makes you feel like a number and remembers the details of your situation. He doesn't push any treatments but always gave options and let me decide.
You need to do your own research and bring those ideas and get his feedback.
Used estrogen priming for DOR. Used HGH, viagra suppositories, and stims for thin lining
Around 25k for ivf