425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2010, Unknown Success
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions....Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was....[Nursing staff was] matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well....finance dept. was helpful...It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Easy to schedule
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful

Unknown Success
Dr Dicken emails with me personally, takes my ideas seriously, and based my treatment on what was going on with my body, not just standard clinic protocol. I felt like she is really invested in coming up with something that will work for me...The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks...I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze.
all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic [Sher] and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park...Jacqueline and Marian responded really promptly when I had questions or needed coordination with my old clinic who was still doing most of the monitoring. It was night and day between communication response times with Sher and my former clinic. Jacqueline made me feel really good when I showed up in NY, chatting and laughing with me.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Honestly, even if this doesn't work, I'm glad we tried our 2nd IVF with Dr. Dicken instead of staying at our old clinic. The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Have all your tests and documentation ready for her to review. Tell her your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze. My first IVF I also had a split cohort of eggs growing at different rates. Because of this, she chose not to start me on BCP, but instead a week of estrogen priming, then 225 gonal f and 75 mg menopur. She also let me try Human Growth Hormone for 5 days, which my former clinic refused to do. Ganirelix the last few days. My eggs all grew at the same rate this time, meaning we could retrieve almost all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo and Marian Gerges)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Dicken is on the 6th floor which is decorated really nicely and feels good to be in. The 3rd floor where I had to go a couple times for monitoring, isn't as nice. But all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My insurance covered it, so I had the percentage that they don't pay for, plus $400 for HGH which they don't cover, plus travel and lodging for the 5 days I had to be in NY for monitoring before egg retrieval. As well as cost for donor sperm and embryo freezing.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They will transfer 3 for my age group.
Cary Dicken
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T[ortoriello] was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest...I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T[ortoriello] and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round. Everyone in the Manhattan office from office staff to nurses were so kind. This is by not means an easy process to endure. I now have beautiful 7 year old boy thanks to Dr. T and his staff at Sher. I am forever grateful and blessed.
Dr. T was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy. Placental health is of utmost importance to maintain a healthy pregnancy, especially with a history of miscarriages.
Great!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I don’t remember. It was covered under my insurance plan.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Two embryos were transferred, one was successful.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Browne is an amazing dr she’s so knowledgeable, sweet, caring , understanding, treats you like a friend and makes sure you know every detail there is to know , I’ve never been to such an amazing dr as she is . ... Take her advice and listen to her she knows what she’s doing be patient ... We did ultra sounds, blood, fertility drugs for a week and antibiotics, trigger shot , lots of monitoring.
Everything [at Sher Fertility of New York] is great ... had a great experience and wish I could do it all over again but we cannot afford it right now but dr brownes office is great and works with you and helps as much as they can. I would recommend them a millions times if I could [nurses] Sweet, caring and explains things properly ... [eset approach] I did two and sadly lost one and thank goodness I did that or I wouldn’t have my daughter
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Take her advice and listen to her she knows what she’s doing be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Browne is amazing at what she does , she’s so friendly and knowledgeable
Describe the protocols Hyacinth Nicole Browne used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Kamberi )
Sweet, caring and explains things properly
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything is great had a great experience and wish I could do it all over again but we cannot afford it right now but dr brownes office is great and works with you and helps as much as they can. I would recommend them a millions times if I could
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$6500plus $500 for anesthesiologists
Describe Hyacinth Nicole Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I would definitely recommend doing more then one I did two and sadly lost one and thank goodness I did that or I wouldn’t have my daughter
Hyacinth Nicole Browne
Purchase (closed)
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
8 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I found SIRM at the cutting edge of anything new in the fertility field. The staff was friendly, their phone calls prompt. Clinic clean and calm. During the difficult journey and many IVF cycles that many doctors had given up hope - they were the ones that ultimately were able to think out of the box and get me to my miracle...i loved going to the office!!! they were all fun and caring and professional.
The staff and Dr. Tortoriello were always a pleasure to deal with. Felt like they were my second family. Dr. T always had the time to talk - i never felt rushed, stopped to say hello if he saw me in the waiting room. Was open and honest about potential risks and his opinions. His calm and caring demeanor always made us feel confident we were in good hands.
use him! lol
always patient and attentive to all my questions
i loved going to the office!!! they were all fun and caring and professional.