425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

Investment Banker
I saw Dr. Tortoriello for every visit. He did each and every ultrasound and at the end of each scan he told me exactly where he thought i was in the process in relation to where he thought I ought to be. He did both my egg harvest and embryo implantation. He responded to all my many emails, even during his Easter weekend. ... He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run [Sher Fertility of New York]. I waited never more than 10 minutes. ... They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit. ... She [nurse] communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process...which was a big deal for me as my husband travels a lot and it's easy to get overwhelmed if you are doing a lot of this immense process alone. His warmth and intellect I found to be a perfect combination.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Consult with him early onward and then make your choice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
We did an estrogen priming protocol that incorporated omnitrope (growth hormone). We were planning to do a fresh transfer but I had fluid in my uterus so we had to freeze and then do a frozen transfer. I had fluid in my uterus with my previous doctors but they downplayed it and both prior transfers with them failed. So Dr. Tortoriello was the first to acknowledge this and correct for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecily)
She communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run. I waited never more than 10 minutes. (Plus they have my favorite cookies out). They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No issues...was out of pocket.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Tortoriello told me that twins were a high risk pregnancy so we opted to transfer just one blast and it took!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
She [Dr. Dicken] was so positive and encouraging. She was open to my own ideas and made me feel like we were partnering and not like I was a science project. At the same time she is professional knowledgeable and made a protocol that didn’t feel cookie cutter. ... Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with icsi. ... We transferred 2 as I was 44 at time of transfer. ...Embryo banking till we got enough embies to transfer.
On the clerical side [of Sher Fertility of New York], I was told the day before my transfer that I owed a substantial amount of money even though I was assured these charges were covered by insurance. I found it to be terrible timing and also not cool that the insurance coordinator wasn’t clean on what was covered. The lady was very sweet, but she needed to be more precise about that.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She was so positive and encouraging. She was open to my own ideas and made me feel like we were partnering and not like I was a science project. At the same time she is professional knowledgeable and made a protocol that didn’t feel cookie cutter.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and trust her instincts. I was so annoyed she sent me for an MRI of my uterus... it turns out my earlier RE’s totally missed that I had a uterine septum! Her instincts were right!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She a d her staff were just really cool and personable. They remember you and your case and everyone was positive and encouraging.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with icsi. Embryo banking till we got enough embies to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Mariam)
All the nurses were awesome, including my nurse coordinator, tho she started slipping a bit here and there. She sometimes gave incorrect updates which when I double checked was corrected. Generally, she was good, and I found two other nurses I could reach out to (also part of the team) who were always on point. Together, The team was amazing.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It’s hard for me to make much of a complaint on the clinical side, they gave me my rainbow baby at 45 with my own eggs. To me they are IVF superheroes. On the clerical side, I was told the day before my transfer that I owed a substantial amount of money even though I was assured these charges were covered by insurance. I found it to be terrible timing and also not cool that the insurance coordinator wasn’t clean on what was covered. The lady was very sweet, but she needed to be more precise about that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don’t remember actual prices as my insurance covered almost everything
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We transferred 2 as I was 44 at time of transfer. Ultimately one stuck and I am nursing her as I type!
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Just a couple times the coordinating nurse told me one thing in person and then emailed me something in error. When I wrote back to confirm, she was able to give the right info. Wasn’t a big deal.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen [with Dr. Tortoriello]. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer...was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
I love the fact that Sher is a boutique type of clinic. Everyone is always available to speak with you whether you are there in person, over the phone or via email. The office is bright, clean and just overall inviting. The staff always greets you with a smile. I honestly can not think of any weaknesses I experienced during my treatment. They are open on the weekends for monitoring and are very good at making sure you are seen at your appointment time. I have never had an issue waiting to be seen. I always saw Dr. Tortoriello during my visits. Overall, I had a great experience.
I felt at ease with Dr. Tortoriello during my first consultation with him. He is very soft spoken as well as very thorough in explaining the pros and cons, as well as answering all of my questions. It was very easy to make my decision to pick him to be my fertility doctor. Any other consultations I had at other clinics made me feel like a number and not a human. He always made me feel like a human. During my treatment with Dr. Tortoriello, he was always very personable and accessible. There was never a time that I did not get a call back or an email reply to my questions or concerns during treatment.
I would tell a prospective patient to pick him as your fertility doctor. He takes his time with you and explains everything to you. You will not be disappointed.
Dr. Tortoriello was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
In 2016, I had an egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 13 eggs retrieved, 10 matured and fertilized and 7 embryos were frozen. I did not do any PGS testing during this first egg retrieval. In the same year, I did two frozen transfers. I transferred 2 embryos the first time and 1 embryo the second time and got negative results on both occasions. I then decided to unfreeze and biopsy (PGS testing) the 4 remaining embryos and they all came back abnormal (chromosomes). I then decided to discard those abnormal embryos and not transfer them. In 2017, I had another egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer. In my case, my egg donor was my sister. It resulted in us having 2 normal PGS tested embryos. I transferred one of those embryos and got a positive pregnancy and a live birth. He is currently 7 months old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra Suddal)
My primary nurse was Bushra Suddal, but I also was helped by other nurses at Sher. Bushra and all of the staff were absolutely amazing. They were always responsive and answered all of my concerns immediately. I have reached out to Bushra during after hours as well as on weekends and she always replied (email or telephone) to any questions I had whether it was a medication question or just a general question I had at the time. The staff (no matter who I reached out to) was always quick to reply and handle any concern I had. Making my appointments was always easy and I never had an issue getting a date and time that worked with my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My care under Dr. Tortoriello was primarily covered under my husband's insurance plan. My insurance covered 2 egg retrievals (my own egg retrievals), 2 transfers and medication associated with both egg retrievals and both transfers using my own eggs/embryos. However, my egg donor process was paid out-of-pocket. My out-of-pocket cost for my egg donor process plus transferring the embryo was approximately $22K (including egg retrieval of egg donor, medication for her, anesthesia for her, my transfer and my medication).
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken was consistently warm and friendly, while still being honest and frank about our chances. She remembered me and the details our my history from appointment to appointment and answered emails quickly...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
It's a small clinic [Sher Manhattan], which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, Dr. Dicken was warm, friendly, available and kept my feelings in mind during a difficult time. She didn't withhold information or try to sugar coat anything, but she was clearly rooting for our success. At another clinic, I sometimes felt like their course of action was motivated more by their need to keep up their success rates.
I'm not sure -- I really felt like I received good care. I was transferring embryos from another clinic and I wish I'd done a better job of keeping all the details of all of my testing clear, but that is more a statement about my own level of disorganization. Dr. Dicken was thorough and considered all the aspects of my history.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were all very kind and encouraging. Again, I felt like a human at every turn. I will say I found it much easier to communicate via phone than email.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a small clinic, which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating.
My insurance covered 80% of the cost of the transfer. Some of the drugs weren't covered.
Dr. Dicken suggested we transfer only one embryo rather than the two we had to choose from b/c of my history of miscarriages.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The doctor [Dr. Tortoriello] communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions...He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so...He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring.
[Sher] Strengths: quick communication, billing was smooth (I have insurance), easy to make appointments in the near future. I only had to wait a long time in the waiting room once, and it was in the weekend so I didn't care too much...I actually never met the primary nurse on my doctor's team because She only spoke by phone to my husband (I had a meeting at work) and she wasn't available when I had my injections class. But she was great over email and the nurse I met at the injections class and at my retrieval was warm and organized.
He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so. He responds to emails very quickly which reassures me that my treatment is important.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and explain your ideal outcome. Initially he didnt recommend PGS testing but when we explained we wanted to bank frozen embryos he agreed PGS testing would be beneficial. I'm glad we made that choice.
The doctor communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions. The support staff also responds quickly and with empathy.
He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring. I only got 1 PGS embryo but I guess egg quality was a little worse than expected. He recommended ICSI and DNA sperm fragmentation for my husband because of low morphology.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra suddal)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My insurance paid for most of it, except retrieval anesthesia ($625) plus cost of PGS testing. I paid copays for office visits and medications. Calls with dr were $75 (not covered by insurance). Injections meeting with nurse cost $100. We had to pay co-pays on all testing. DNA sperm fragmentation test was not covered by insurance.
We told him we were very against twins so he didn't recommend iui or clomid. So he knows we would never transfer more than one embryo.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Dicken is up to date with the latest research, explains her opinion to our questions directly with the positives/negatives, shows compassion/empathy to the tough situation we are in, typically responds to our questions within hours, has a kind/understanding "bedside manner", remembers our preferences for almost every issue (e.g. preference for how medicated we want our cycle to be, how we prefer to take medication), is very sensitive to how we react to the medication, and basically goes ABOVE AND BEYOND IN EVERY SITUATION to provide excellent patient care.
It always feels very orderly and zen-like in the waiting area [at Sher]. The staff that picks up the phone/coordinates appointments are professional and efficient. The clinic's schedule is managed so well that I am simultaneously always able to get an appointment and yet there is never a wait to see the Dr...Dr. Dicken's nurse Jackie is efficient, friendly and caring. She answers all our questions promptly, takes extra time to send us our blood test results levels (our request) after every blood test (and there are many!) and efficiently executes tasks accurately e.g. calling in prescriptions and conveying doctor's response.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I wish I switched to Dr. Dicken sooner. Do not hesitate. She is an all around rock star in all aspects of patient care.
From the onset, Dr Dicken asked what our long term goals were and what we were willing to do to achieve them. She remembers practically every detail we've shared with her about issues ranging from our preference for non-medicated cycles to why we have a timing preference for our most recent planned transfer. She demonstrates empathy and always shares her professional opinion directly, kindly and without judgement.
Dr. Dicken monitored my results closely throughout the process and adjusted my protocol, as needed. Unlike my previous clinic, she was open to estrogen priming and allowed me to use the patch when the pill caused nausea.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It always feels very orderly and zen-like in the waiting area. The staff that picks up the phone/coordinates appointments are professional and efficient. The clinic's schedule is managed so well that I am simultaneously always able to get an appointment and yet there is never a wait to see the Dr.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She treated me for having overactive natural killer cells, PCOS and hormonal imbalance. Whether via email or in person, Dr. Dicken was readily available to me and my husband during a very challenging time...Dr. Dicken was responsive, attentive, patient and very accessible by phone, email or in person. She made me feel like I was her only patient...
The clinic’s strengths are that it has Flexible hours, great team, great with technology (e.g. email), resourceful (I.e. each doctor has their own expertise) , open minded (I.e. supportive of holistic measures like acupuncture) and comprehensive beyond just the medical/technical work involved (e.g. They have financial counseling)....
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken made me feel like I was her only patient. She was compassionate, accessible, has a strong command for her field and can explain things in terms that are easy for a non-medically trained person to understand. Dr. Dicken was the second doctor I saw after 2 failed IVF transfers with Greenwich Fertility and several IUI’s. On the first IVF transfer Dr. Dicken performed, I conceived. She treated me for having overactive natural killer cells, PCOS and hormonal imbalance. Whether via email or in person, Dr. Dicken was readily available to me and my husband during a very challenging time. We are grateful for our newborn son who was born just 13 months after our first time meeting with Dr. Dicken.
Ask as many questions as you must and avail yourself of asking questions of her via email or her team.
Progesterone, estradiol (to induce ovulation), Intralipids (to address natural killer cells), steroids (to address inflammation, Folgard (to address vitamin B deficiencies)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
Incredibly compassionate - I felt like Jackie felt everything I was going through personally and did everything she could to make me feel less alone.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken individualized my protocols and changed them as necessary based on my response and test results. I've done both natural and medicated transfer cycles. She added supplements and anticoagulants based on immune and clotting test results...She always mentioned treatment costs upfront as well as potential savings. .... She found a number of things that were missed by my previous doctor. She explains treatment and procedures, so that you know her rationale and what to expect.
They [Sher] truly make the process as easy as possible for you. Everything runs on-time and almost seamlessly. Everyone, even doctors, email with you in record time. It's a warm, inviting environment, and staff take the time to get to know you. I'd never go anywhere else!...ackie, who communicates test results and instructions, is absolutely wonderful! She's friendly and greets each patient, and she's very efficient at communicating instructions and calling in prescriptions.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is the best doctor I've ever had...I often say to friends and family that I wish Dr. Dicken could be my doctor for everything! It's a very difficult process, but I got better results each cycle and didn't give up because of her excellent care. She is very thorough, pragmatic, and individualizes treatment. She found a number of things that were missed by my previous doctor. She explains treatment and procedures, so that you know her rationale and what to expect. She always has recommendations to improve the next cycle, and her recommendations always are a good balance of proven treatments and the latest research.
Communicate openly and honestly with Dr. Dicken--she really listens and respects patient concerns, questions, and wishes. When she makes a recommendation or communicates test results (you'll never need to follow up to get test results on time!), she asks what questions you have rather than asking if you have any questions. I was open about some embarrassing things and never been met with judgement, which is very different from my experiences with other doctors. My results and overall experience were definitely been much better because of it.
My treatment was highly individualized, and my care was very hands-on. Dr. Dicken makes recommendations based on medical needs but takes your preferences and resources into consideration as well. Somehow, she managed to recite almost all my numerous test results and numbers off the top of her head during appointments. She always mentioned treatment costs upfront as well as potential savings. Since I prefer less medication, Dr. Dicken always explained why she recommends a new medication or increase in dosage. I appreciated that I was informed and involved in my healthcare decisions.
Dr. Dicken individualized my protocols and changed them as necessary based on my response and test results. I've done both natural and medicated transfer cycles. She added supplements and anticoagulants based on immune and clotting test results. She used protocols with letrozole and lupron to address my ongoing receptivity problems and abnormal uterine biopsy results. I got better results each cycle and finally was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie, who communicates test results and instructions, is absolutely wonderful! She's friendly and greets each patient, and she's very efficient at communicating instructions and calling in prescriptions. The other nurses (it's changed a bit) that meet with you before your cycle are less helpful and often get instructions and information incorrect.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They truly make the process as easy as possible for you. Everything runs on-time and almost seamlessly. Everyone, even doctors, email with you in record time. It's a warm, inviting environment, and staff take the time to get to know you. I'd never go anywhere else!
Luckily, my insurance covered the majority of my costs. I chose to do a few more experimental tests that weren't covered by insurance, but they weren't pushed on me and the costs were made clear upfront. I've had a few errors on my bills, but they've been cleared up pretty easily. The biggest hurdle was the initial financial consult, but everything has been fine since.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She [Dr. O'Shaughnessy was caring, compassionate, and professional. She is a great communicator, easily reachable via email for questions/concerns. She performed every procedure and saw us for 99% of our visits.We felt like we were seen and heard and treated like individuals... I also tested for having elevated natural killer cells (NK) that could have been causing miscarriages so after the insemination I took steroids-- about 10mg/day of prednisone-- to help combat that.
Their [Sher] approach to patients is the best I've seen. There is no "cattle call" for morning check-ups (you always have an appointment), you aren't seen by any doctor on staff (you always see YOUR doctor), and you know that everyone there knows your unique situation and is working to help YOU...Incredibly friendly and upbeat [nurses]. They were such supporters of the whole process and felt like they were on our team!
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She was caring, compassionate, and professional. She is a great communicator, easily reachable via email for questions/concerns. She performed every procedure and saw us for 99% of our visits.We felt like we were seen and heard and treated like individuals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Speak up! Be your own advocate because she is more than happy to listen and follow your lead.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
At Sher you only ever see YOUR doctor and you always have an appointment. There are no "cattle calls" or long waits. Your doctor knows you, they work with you every day. Dr. O replied to emails quickly, never pressured us to try something we weren't comfortable with, and was a great combination of compassionate and professional. She treated us like an individual couple and prescribed a treatment plan specifically for us (unlike at another clinic where we felt like they had one thing they "do" and you were doing that thing that way regardless).
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
We were IUI patients. I believe I took follistim and the ovidrel for a trigger shot. I also tested for having elevated natural killer cells (NK) that could have been causing miscarriages so after the insemination I took steroids-- about 10mg/day of prednisone-- to help combat that.
Incredibly friendly and upbeat. They were such supporters of the whole process and felt like they were on our team!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Their approach to patients is the best I've seen. There is no "cattle call" for morning check-ups (you always have an appointment), you aren't seen by any doctor on staff (you always see YOUR doctor), and you know that everyone there knows your unique situation and is working to help YOU.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do not recall; they participated in my insurance at the time so we only had copays.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Wang is amazing and treats everyone with care and compassion. He spends so much time and energy on every patient. He sets such a high standard for all doctors to follow... He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. ...He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas.
They [Sher] are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though....Leslie was amazing - she got back to me quickly even after hours and on the weekends. I did remote monitoring so i didn't see many nurses in person but always helpful via email, over the phone or when I was there for procedures.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Wang is the best doctor I've ever had (and I had been to several other clinics before). He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas. He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. Most other docs keep just doing ivf after ivf without trying to find what is wrong. I would recommend him to anyone. He is truly amazing and I'm so glad I found him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
You will not regret going to Dr Wang - he is amazing!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
He recommended the Yale EFT test to test for silent endo and then a 3 month course of lupron depot - I believe it helped me to be successful ultimately. He also was able to retrieve the most eggs from me (21 each time). Previous docs got at most 8. His stim method is slow and patient so it took a while but paid off.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I was an out of town patient that monitored locally
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
20k per IVF cycle with PGS testing
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We transferred 2 embryos since my egg quality is poor. It also costs me a lot to transfer each time so I liked that he was willing to transfer 2.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side...If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang....One thing ihat I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. ...) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night ....
[Nurse at Sher - Manh] always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away...the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000...I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang. I live in MA but traveled to NYC to cycle with him (did monitoring in Boston). I had 2 doctors in Boston tell me I might need donor eggs at 34 and with already having a naturally conceived child, and that seemed crazy. My first cycle in Boston was cancelled before retrieval due to no response (MGH). My second one in Boston got a good number of eggs for me (11) but nothing made it to day 5.... after this I wondered if I would never have another child. I read about Dr Wang on a fertility chat board and made a phone consult. What I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. Like whereas they said I should do a 5 day transfer, he said sometimes those with quality issues do better on day 3 (which happened for me). While the Boston docs thought the problems were all me since my husband's sperm was always normal, he thought due to terrible quality of embryos on one cycle, it was worth doing a sperm DNA fragmentation test (which showed abnormality) and so we used PICSI in this cycle (no on in Bos would do it). He allowed HGH because while he agreed with Bos docs that it often doesn't help, it sometimes can, and when I told him I wanted to throw the kitchen sink at this, he said great..... His stance on many issues was "if it won't hurt and there's some evidence to suggest it will heko, let's do it" (eg giving me low dose prednisoe because i have an autoimmune disease) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night .... at other clinics the docs didn't even answer email, it was all filtered through nurses
Do not be afraid to ask him anything!!! he is very open minded
Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side -- example, night before retrieval I freaked out when I had night sweats and worried my estrogen was dropping and I had ovulated. I emailed him at 2am!! HE emailed at like 5:30am saying it's probably fine but he gets I'm worried and we did a quick ultrasound before retrieval to be sure I hadn't ovulated (I had not)
Estrogen primed microdose lupron
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away. 1000% better than ppl at "top clinic" i went to in Boston
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy. we used hotels tonight to get cheap hotel
i had insurance coverage but believe the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000
Given our horrible quality (never making a blast) and my insistence I was not doing IVF again (I had insurance coverage but emotionally could not handle it), and our saying we'd prefer twins to zero kids, we were aggressive. we transferred 4 day 3 embryos. We ended up with twins born healthy at 38 weeks
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Wang is the most caring, engaged, and dedicated doctor i have visited in 15 years of living in NYC. He takes as much time as needed to explain everything that is going on in your body (helpful for us non-medical professionals) and gives his candid evaluation in a straightforward but kind and patient way. His receptionists knew me by my first name, and his office is absolutely not a factory. He also is completely available and responsive by email, even once when he was on vacation and I called with a minor question that I thought another doctor would answer, he sent me an email.
This clinic is not a factory. The receptionists knew me by name and were always cordial and helpful. I always got the early appointments I wanted so that I could go to my monitoring before work, which was very helpful.... After not getting my period for 6 months I was prescribed three cycles of clomid by my OBGYN. After not getting pregnant i went to Dr. Wang, who immediately diagnosed me with PCOS. I went on to do three cycles of letrozole, and got pregnant on the third cycle with an injection to induce ovulation once the follicles were mature.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is a patient, kind doctor who treats you like a partner on the fertility journey. He explains everything and always treated me with the utmost respect. He shared equally in our disappointment when there were setbacks and in our happiness when I got pregnant. I always saw him (with the exception of one visit when he was on vacation).
Run, don't walk, to an appointment with him. You will not find someone more dedicated.
Kind and respectful.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had insurance coverage, but a high copay for the sonograms.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Wang is very responsive. He takes his time to answer all the questions. Does not rush. After each setback he is eager to learn from the past and do testing to assure positive results in the future. I feel like he really cares to help me...Leslie was very responsive and I felt I could always email her with any questions. She send the prescriptions to my pharmacy promptly. She even helped me with getting some paperwork from my previous doctor. Leslie kept me organized by sending me detailed calendar with each medication dosage and appointment/blood test scheduled. She would follow up with new calendar if anything changed. Leslie spend an hour with me showing me how to administer each shot or each medication by myself which made me very confident when I had to do it at home. She also send me some video links in case I forgot.
Clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded...Leslie was very responsive and I felt I could always email her with any questions. She send the prescriptions to my pharmacy promptly. She even helped me with getting some paperwork from my previous doctor. Leslie kept me organized by sending me detailed calendar with each medication dosage and appointment/blood test scheduled. She would follow up with new calendar if anything changed. Leslie spend an hour with me showing me how to administer each shot or each medication by myself which made me very confident when I had to do it at home. She also send me some video links in case I forgot.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Try this doctor because you will not go wrong with him. Be as open as you can about your concerns or symptoms.
Dr. Wang was very accessible to answer all my questions. I could call him as well as email him with any updates or questions and he responded right away, most of the time within an hour or two.
injectible drugs before the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Clinic is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded.
Dr. Wang educated me on eSET vs multiple embryo transfer not once but each time before the decision needed to be made. He left the decision to me and my husband. He was NOT preferring one over the other. Dr. Wang would not transfer more than 2.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets...Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he d
The billing system here [at Sher Fertility of New York] is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while...I did my monitoring remotely, so I can't talk about the monitoring appointments at SIRM-NYC. However, I CAN say that for remote patients, Dr. Wang and his office do a great job of getting results and orders handled and providing feedback within several hours.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he didn't understand my question. With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets.
No question is off limit with him. He's open to everything and will give you feedback as to why or why not he thinks it's a good option. I wish I'd switched to him sooner, so I'd encourage everyone who is wondering if they should get a second opinion to go ahead and do it sooner than later.
Dr. Wang always took time to explain his thoughts and to answer any questions thoroughly. He never rushed me and never left me wondering what he meant or what the plan was. He also has an incredibly thoughtful personality and I truly felt like he was seriously invested in getting us pregnant and taking home a baby. He also remembered little bits about me that weren't pertinent to our fertility, which also made me feel like a real person and not just another patient. I also know for fact that his other patients also feel the same way as I've talked with several of them.
We failed to implant after transferring 3 nearly perfect looking day 3 embyros so he recommended doing the Yale EFT test. My results came back abnormal so we did the lupron depot 3 month suppression to help suppress my estrogen and essentially give the uterine lining a break and chance to "reset." We banked for two cycles before starting the lupron though, b/c with my DOR, there was a chance it would be hard to cycle afterwards and also b/c we wanted to make sure I could make blasts before undergoing the depot treatment. We then went straight into frozen transfer after the suppression phase was over and had a chemical; our first time implanting. We'll continue with more transfers.
Quick to reply via email, quick to send in meds, etc.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The billing system here is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while.
I had insurance for the year I did retrievals, but the out of pocket cost for FETs is 3800, not including monitoring visits.
Dr. Wang will support eSET or multiple. He encouraged us to try multiple embryo transfers given my past history of poor implantation.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
It's important to always check your protocol calendar and make sure it's what you and your doctor discussed. Once or twice I had to clarify some discrepancies between Dr. Wang and what Leslie had put on the calendar. Not a big deal for me, but for someone who isn't familiar with medicine or comfortable with emailing Dr. Wang, they might've done the wrong med/dose/etc.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
In general I feel like the office [at Sher] is disorganized. I had to call or email in often to follow up about whether they had received paperwork, tests I had done, verified my insurance, ordering meds, scheduling my nurse and financial consults, etc. A lot of necessary tests were not ordered until the last minute which I found annoying considering I was signed up with the doctor months before. It was almost like having a second full time job trying to keep tabs on what the office staff had or hadn't received on my behalf and when things were supposed to be done or ordered. In the end it all worked out, and I think we should be set for our future cycles, but it was definitely a headache. Thankfully the doctor and embryology have their act together, which is the most important with all this.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is incredibly kind and compassionate. He listens and involves me and my husband with every step of the journey. How many doctors can you email personally and who actually find the time to write you back? I can tell you at least in my experienc - one! And it's Dr. Wang. He has gone above and beyond to help us, and I will never go to another doctor. I feel like we are partners in my care. I can't say enough about him. Just go to him - you won't regret it.
Be prepared to work with the best doctor in your life.
Dr. Wang is the best doctor I've ever had. Beginning with our consult, he welcomed us recording the session. He gave us some great advise and came up with a game plan right then. He never and still has never uttered the words "donor egg", even with now 5 IVF failures. We left there and he wrote down his personal email address to write him with any questions. Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
For my 5th IVF and first with Dr. Wang, he recommended estrogen priming with a lower dose stim protocol for me with my DOR. We also tried HGH. He said HGH will help 20-30% of people get better eggs, so it is worth a try. From that we got 10 eggs - more than ever retrieved, and 4 fertilized - more than I ever had fertilize. Unfortunately the quality was the same as all my other tries - highly fragmented and only 3-4 cells. So the HGH didn't help me in my case but I'm glad we tried. He tested my husband for DNA fragmentation to see if that could be a reason for poor embryo growth (he was normal). He also recommended I get an EFT test, which showed I had receptivity issues. From there he recommended I get a laparoscopy to see whether I might have endometriosis, which could potentially cause the receptivity issues. Sure enough, they found the endometriosis during the lap, which was removed. Knowing this, he may have discovered why we've had such trouble all along - no other doctor suggested looking into whether I had endometriosis. So now we are going to try a new protocol to tackle that somewhat and hope we get different results.
Leslie gets back to me quickly, just like Dr. Wang. However sometimes it takes a lot of back and forth to get a simple answer done. I feel like I need to follow up a lot to make sure things aren't forgotten or to make sure things are received. Often she'll tell me something wasn't received, so I have to call my local doctor or pharmacy and they will tell me it was sent, so there's a lot of back and forth and then Leslie will find it. I don't know if that's her fault or if maybe the office is not so organized in general.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
SIRM has a lovely, modern waiting room. As for the pre-op and operating rooms, I found them a bit outdated. I was surprised that the operating room was separated by just a curtain from the hallway, and I remember looking at a lot of messy shelves in the OR while I was waiting for the anesthesiologist. But in the end, it isn't pretty ORs or facilities or even the nurses or office staff that make a place great - it's the doctors and the lab that are going to get you your baby. And with Dr. Wang and the embryologists at SIRM NY, you've got a winning combo.
Everything was billed to my insurance - I haven't received any bills yet. We did pay ~$1,000 for various testing that was not covered by insurance.
For my poor embryos, I think we would have transferred 2. But mine didn't develop well enough to have that conversation.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
In general I feel like the office is disorganized. I had to call or email in often to follow up about whether they had received paperwork, tests I had done, verified my insurance, ordering meds, scheduling my nurse and financial consults, etc. A lot of necessary tests were not ordered until the last minute which I found annoying considering I was signed up with the doctor months before. It was almost like having a second full time job trying to keep tabs on what the office staff had or hadn't received on my behalf and when things were supposed to be done or ordered. In the end it all worked out, and I think we should be set for our future cycles, but it was definitely a headache. Thankfully the doctor and embryology have their act together, which is the most important with all this.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy.... I have endometriosis so approximately six weeks before my most successful cycle, I had my second laparoscopic excision. The month prior to the cycle, I primed with HGH (Omnitrope), BCP, and Femara. During the cycle, I used Gonal-F (low dose), HGH, and added low dose HCG at the end. I triggered with Lupron. I also did a two day transfer of embryos as my history suggests my body is a better place then the lab for our embryos to grow. I typically produce many eggs but struggle to make blastocysts. With this cycle, I produced about 17 eggs. We transferred five day-two embryos and froze five blastocysts (combination of day 5 & 6).
Dr. Wang is the clinic's [Sher- NY] strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.... Dr. Wang is an exceptional doctor. He genuinely cares for his patients and responds thoroughly to every question (not matter how seemingly insignificant) with care and concern. He takes his time to understand your case and never forgets a detail about you.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang was a gift to my husband and I after four very difficult pregnancy losses. He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy. He responded to every question I asked with care and helped me to truly understand the reasons behind my treatments/care. Dr. Wang is one of a kind and his care is unparalleled. He is an incredible combination of scientist, practitioner, and counselor. I have never met a doctor with better "bed-side manner." We could not survive infertility/RPL without him. He has your back and will see you through.
If Dr. Wang is an option for your family, do not hesitate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie was very responsive to questions, prescription requests, etc. She and Dr. Wang make a great team.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Wang is the clinic's strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.
Insurance covered my IVF cycles. Some medications used in my care were deemed experimental so I had to pay out of pocket.
Dr. Wang made his decision about the number of embryos to transfer based on my history and past cycles. Other doctors would have only allowed one embryo given my age.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them...it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight...SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone The staff also seemed relaxed... SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them. I wasn't sure if I would care one way or the other, since in the first clinic I went to, the monitoring was done by techs and I loved those ladies, in the end I think I felt more comfortable with Dr. T doing the monitoring simply because it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
I recommend Dr. T, and from limited interaction with the other two doctors, all of the doctors at this clinic without reservation. They ALL come across as very serious and caring.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight. Unlike the first clinic I went to, there were never more than one or two other women waiting at any given time. The staff also seemed relaxed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra and Leslie)
The nurses are very organized about follow-ups, and are 100% available via email. I never had to wait more than an hour or so to get a response back to a question, and often it was within minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
In contrast to the first clinic I went to, SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone (again, in contrast to my first clinic). The doctors do their own monitoring visits, so the only thing support staff do is blood. It's all very very calm and professional. Secondly, SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
Monitoring (each visit) $525 Egg retrieval $2400 ICSI $2400 PICSI $1000 Embryo culture $1500 Extended culture $1500 PGD biopsy $500 per embryo Cryo $1000 Storage $80 FET - ? haven't seen the bill yet
I don't recall what Dr. T had to say about multiple transfer - I was never going to do more than single embryo transfer and it was never an issue since I only had one normal embryo post-PGS
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
There was just one visit when I was supposed to have two sets of tests and I ended up having to go back the next day because they hadn't taken blood for the 2nd test. That said, they make the time work for me and clearly told me it was their mistake.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello is very patient and is truly your doctor. He spent about 70 minutes with me at our first visit and he went over all the options and treatments. I asked him about PDG testing and he said it was an option but for me with such low egg number it might be best to just implant any healthy looking day 5 embryo. He really listened and he also did all my procedures...all of them. He also is great with emails...The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse
The strength is the doctors [Tortoriello] professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants [at Sher] and they were all friendly enough...I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule...Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work.
Dr. T was my first fertility doctor. (i saw one before him like a consult but never followed through because it was like a meat factory. ) I can't imagine any improvement except for the fact that his monitoring starts later than I was expecting, so i had to make some plans at work to accomodate that. Totally worth it though because I got to see him each time.
Just listen to him, and don't be afraid to ask any questions because he is very happy to answer them all.
I did not do a lot of medicine as my egg count is low. The first time I used a pill with gonal-F 150. The second time I did no pills but increased gonal to 250 I think. Over 2 cycles i made 2 blasts. i transferred one frozen blast and that took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work. She would even call me after emails I would send late at night sometimes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants and they were all friendly enough. The lab must also be good too as I got pregnant.
I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule. Once Dr. T waited to see me at 5:30pm !
Just co-pays. Everything was covered. My requirement for inseminations was waived because of our combined issues....too many to count it seemed.
I had 2 blasts and he recommended one at a time. Good advice as it took !
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. O was always direct, yet empathetic in explaining any results. She conveys a familial-like vibe - sort of like your favorite Aunt. She remained positive despite my first negative pregnancy test, and was encouraging in our next cycle...Standard hormone injections for egg retrieval, Lupron treatment for slightly abnormal lining, and cleaning out of uterine fibroids. The Lupron treatment normalized my lining to produce a successful pregnancy.
My experience with SHER- NY was amazing. EVERYONE, from nurses to receptionists are welcoming and sensitive to your needs. Dr. O was always readily available via email, even responding on weekends and vacations. The ONLY time another doctor at the practice treated me, Dr. O called me just before the appointment to go over everything 1 more time. She is wonderful.
Trust her. It's an emotional process- but try not to be too emotional. See it as a goal to be met and take care of business. Follow her orders and pray for the best!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Excellent nursing staff. I had many of them work with me on various occasions and they were all amazing!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic itself is wonderfully laid out. Receptionists and financial planner are great! Very patient, taking time to answer any questions. The ONLY criticism I could possibly think of would be that you cannot really make a set appointment time in advance. You call and request your day and preferred time, then they call you to confirm the day before. Mostly though, the time they set is on or close to your preferred time. Also- I personally would prefer later appointment times, but they are not available beyond about 2-3pm.
I know they offered package deals for multiple cycles, but cannot remember how much they cost. I do know that they accepted our health insurance which meant we were only responsible for 10-20% of total cost, and some uncovered things (genetic screening, additional testing, prescription copays etc)
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Thank goodness it wasn't a big deal at all- and it may not have even been SHERs fault because it involved sending bloodwork to another testing facility and company. My genetic screening bloodwork seemed to have been mixed up with my husbands, deeming the samples ineligible for testing and when Dr. O called- she explained that she was VERY upset with the company and had just gotten off the phone with them. She asked how soon we could come in for redrawing blood and explained the company would NOT charge us for the testing.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken took the time to discuss the issues we were having with recurrent miscarriages thoroughly with both me and my husband. She was kind and warm, but also gave us space to make decisions on our own. She really seems to understand how to support her patients while still giving them the space to deal with an intensely private matter...Dr. Dicken started treatment by meeting with my husband and I for a long period of time, covering every detail of our history. She then laid out a course of potential next steps and treatment, explaining the level of invasiveness of each step. She recommended starting with the least invasive course to gather information and then proceeding from there...
The [Sher -Manh] clinic is great - easy to get an appointment, little waiting time, friendly staff. The office is being renovated and the newer floors are beautiful - older floors are fine but a little dark...The staff was very informed and helpful. They were able and willing to answer questions, and consulted the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner whenever I had concerns...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken started treatment by meeting with my husband and I for a long period of time, covering every detail of our history. She then laid out a course of potential next steps and treatment, explaining the level of invasiveness of each step. She recommended starting with the least invasive course to gather information and then proceeding from there. She explained the details and purpose of each test and treatment in detail. We were experiencing recurrent miscarriages and she recommended genetic testing for both parents, and a round of Clomid based on our discussion of the timing of my cycles, in an attempt to control the timing of ovulation and improve egg quality. She discovered a few genetic mutations on my genetic test that can affect folic acid levels and can contribute to clotting, resulting in pregnancy loss. She prescribed medications to address the issue and I become pregnant with my son the next cycle abd delivered a healthy baby in September 2016.
Come prepared with as much information as you can - dates, cycle tracking, anecdotal evidence of how you have felt and reacted while trying to get pregnant or during other treatments. Dr. Dicken will gather as much information as possible and factor it into her recommendation. I was impressed that she looked at the length of my cycles, the timing of ovulation according to ovulation strips, the timing of my miscarriages, and noticed a pattern of Kate ovulation. I was glad I had tracked this information. She us extremely thorough.
Letrozole to stimulate earlier ovulation, before degradation of egg begins. Aspirin during conception and blood thinners after conception to prevent clots, after genetic testing revealed predisposition to clotting. High dose folic acid after genetic testing revealed mutation affecting folate levels. High dose omega 3 after natural killer assay was slightly elevated.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
the clinic is great - easy to get an appointment, little waiting time, friendly staff. The office is being renovated and the newer floors are beautiful - older floors are fine but a little dark.
I don't remember exact costs but I had good health coverage for these issues. I do recall that Dr Dicken was careful to warn about costs that might not be covered by insurance. The clinic also offers a financial counselor to meet with you at the beginning of treatment, but because my treatments were minimal and my health coverage was good we didn't have such a meeting.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. T [Tortoriello] meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Monitoring hours can be a little inconvenient, as they start at 8.45am. Besides that, I don't have many complaints about SHER as a whole. The nurses and front desk were kind and compassionate...I actually communicated frequently with Dr Tortoriello vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics... He [Dr. Tortoriello] would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Dr. T meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time. During our 3rd attempt, we did slow stimming and I had one embryo. This turned out to be my healthy and adorable daughter. We're planning to go back within the year to give her a sibling. If you have any doubts regarding your RE, go to dr. T!!! He is amazing.
Ask questions for your comfort, but trust him completely. He is a true expert, as well as ethical and fair.
Where do I start with Dr. T...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Mika Dychiao)
I actually communicated frequently with Dr T vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Luckily we had insurance coverage so I'm not sure about OOP cycle costs.
I believe Dr. T preferred single transfer to avoid multiples. I didn't have that option so it wasn't an issue for us.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

It is small and more of a 'boutique' clinic. Individual appointment times for monitoring are a huge plus. The biggest weakness is that it is extremely expensive, much more than competing clinics...For the most part, they [nurses at Sher Fertility of New York] were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization...Monitoring was made by individual appointments rather than a giant cattle call. In addition, I was able to personally communicate with my doctor through email whenever I needed.
After initially being treated at Cornell for 4 failed cycles, I switched to Dr. T after my original doctor suggested using a surrogate. Although I should have been a very easy case (blocked tubes and a history of prior successful pregnancies, I was diagnosed with implantation failure. Dr. Tortoriello did a full and thorough work up with different testing and was willing and able to think outside of the box. This was EXACTLY what I needed. We transferred my last 3 frozen embryos - the ones that had been picked over each prior transfer - and it finally worked. I only kick myself for not going to him sooner. Dr. T is kind, compassionate to a point but also realistic. During our consultations, he didn't sugar coat things and gives you the honest facts. This was actually a little hard for me as a patient since I prefer a hand holder and a little more optimism. But he wholeheartedly wants it to work for his patients without making promises. During procedures and monitoring, he was upbeat and reassuring. I will 1000% be going back to him again. When everyone had given up on me, he made it happen.
Do your research beforehand. He is very willing to try new things.
We did a natural, frozen embryo cycle. He had me on 2 weeks of antibiotics during the first part of my cycle since I had been questioning infection. In addition, 5mg of prednisone and Foltanx. After the transfer, I supplemented with PIO and estrogen.
For the most part, they were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember the exact breakdown since I still had insurance coverage at that time. However, I know it is an extremely expensive clinic.
He based my transfer on my individual history (many prior failed transfers) and the grading of my embryos which I greatly appreciated. I think this is his approach with all his patients.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

From our first consultation, Dr. Dicken really made an effort to get to know us. She was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional. Even when she had bad news to deliver, Dr. Dicken was straightforward but still encouraging...For my IUI cycle, I saw Dr. Dicken for all monitoring appointments. She prescribed me Clomid, and then Ovidrel...Dr. Dicken is very knowledgeable, and thoroughly explains every step of the process.
her has a nice office space, conveniently located in midtown. We never had to wait for an appointment! They opened at 8:00, which allowed me to come in for monitoring before work. They are able to check what your insurance covers before you start treatment, and are organized with billing...The nurses were friendly and professional, and provided great care...She [Dr. Dicken] was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is very knowledgeable, and thoroughly explains every step of the process. From our first meeting, I trusted her expertise and knew I was in capable hands. She helps you decide what is best for you as a couple and doesn't force anything on you. Moreover, Dr. Dicken is kind and friendly, which made the whole process less intimidating. I cannot recommend her highly enough!
Don't be shy to ask questions! Dr. Dicken is great at breaking down complicated test results and procedures, and is always accessible over email.
From our first consultation, Dr. Dicken really made an effort to get to know us. She was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional. Even when she had bad news to deliver, Dr. Dicken was straightforward but still encouraging. Believing that she really cares for her patients helped me remain optimistic throughout the process.
For my IUI cycle, I saw Dr. Dicken for all monitoring appointments. She prescribed me Clomid, and then Ovidrel. My husband's counts had been all over the place, and the sample for the IUI wasn't ideal, but it was successful! Dr. Dicken timed it perfectly, and it resulted in a healthy full-term pregnancy.
The nurses were friendly and professional, and provided great care.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher has a nice office space, conveniently located in midtown. We never had to wait for an appointment! They opened at 8:00, which allowed me to come in for monitoring before work. They are able to check what your insurance covers before you start treatment, and are organized with billing.
I have GHI, and my treatment was covered. Each visit did have a $50 copay.
We did not do IVF, but Dr. Dicken carefully monitored my follicles before IUI, so as not to risk multiple pregnancies.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She [Dr. Cary Dicken] was very honest in predicting our chances and I had the impression she tried everything to enhance our chances to get pregnant. She even gave us some extra medication for free when ours ran out and she felt like I need another injection before egg retrieval. She always made me feel welcome, understood and secure. I loved having her as my doctor in this critical, emotional challenging time.
I was on a "cheaper" low-stimulation plan which SHER institute doesn't offer anymore...the girls at the reception desk are not so well trained. For example, I was denied an appointment because the girl didn't know the difference between starting a cycle and doing some pre-testing. I had to contact the doctor directly who sorted things out very quickly... The doctors working there are all at the top of their field and have great bedside manners. The clinic treats you like a human being. You see one doctor all the time. The rooms are friendly and clean.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Cary Dicken is very understanding and top-notch in her field. We did one round of IVF with my own eggs with her and we got pregnant immediately. Before, we did an IUI with her which didn't result in a pregnancy. She advised us to go do IVF to increase our chances which we did and ended up with a beautiful baby boy. I saw Dr. Dicken every visit (apart from the egg retrieval which was on a weekend with another great doctor on duty). She always made me feel good and optimistic about the whole process. I especially liked that she also answers emails quickly and detailed. Dr. Dicken explains things very easily which was important since I am not a native speaker. I felt that she did her best in giving us the best chance to conceive. What I like most about her is her warm, caring personality. I would recommend her to anybody who wants to do IVF.
Just rest assured hat you are in good hands with her and that she will do the best to get you pregnant.
Dr. Dicken has wonderful bedside manners. She answered all our questions in great detail. She even replied fast to emails. She was very honest in predicting our chances and I had the impression she tried everything to enhance our chances to get pregnant. She even gave us some extra medication for free when ours ran out and she felt like I need another injection before egg retrieval. She always made me feel welcome, understood and secure. I loved having her as my doctor in this critical, emotional challenging time.
I was on a low stimulation plan since my ovarian reserve was still good for my age (38 at the time of treatment). I was a case of unexplained infertility so I didn't have any known issues apart from being Vitamin D insufficient which Dr. Dicken found out in preliminary tests. I also did a genetic test as recommended by Dr. Dicken. The test revealed that I have a MTFHR Mutation, so Dr. Dicken prescribed me extra Folate. Overall, I didn't encounter any problems with the medication. I felt that her treatment plan was excellent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa who was my nurse coordinator did a good job explaining how to do all the injections and kept me updated about the next steps in the procedure. She was a little bit reserved and could have been a little bit more compassionate. We communicated a lot by email and she always replied in a timely manner. There was another nurse whom I particularly grew fond of. Her name is Jacqueline. She was so welcoming and nice. She really helped me go through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
SHER institute is a great clinic to do your IVF with. The doctors working there are all at the top of their field and have great bedside manners. The clinic treats you like a human being. You see one doctor all the time. The rooms are friendly and clean. The downside, they are very pricey, when you have to pay out of your own pocket. They don't offer any grants or discounts for people who don't make so much money like other clinics do. The accounting department is horrible. They gave us a lot of stress with wrong invoices. For example, they charged us for egg freezing while we didn't have anything to freeze. This was not only unprofessional, it was also very insensitive because we would have loved to have more embryos to try for a second child. Also, the girls at the reception desk are not so well trained. For example, I was denied an appointment because the girl didn't know the difference between starting a cycle and doing some pre-testing. I had to contact the doctor directly who sorted things out very quickly.
The monitoring appointments fit well into my schedule and once I was there, the wait times weren't long. It was a pretty smooth process.
I don't remember the exact amounts anymore. I was on a "cheaper" low-stimulation plan which SHER institute doesn't offer anymore.
We only had two embryos worth transferring. Given my age Dr. Dicken would have let us decide if two or three embryos were going to be transferred if we had enough.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I was denied an appointment for testing on my third day of my period because the nurse claimed that the Doctor doesn't accept new cycles anymore this month. I couldn't make her understand that I am not starting a cycle I just wanted to come in for a test which was discussed with the Doctor. I had to contact the Doctor and in the end did the test one month later.

2014 - 2016, Successful
I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T [Tortoriello] believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. ... He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case.
I really appreciated that this clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
I found Dr. T after being dissatisfied with the care at another practice. I did a lot of research and chose to move to Sher so I could be treated by Dr. T. This was the best decision I made as he is truly one of a kind. I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. He referred me to a specialist who was able to remove my endometriosis surgically and he worked with that practice to continue my treatment until he delivered the amazing news that I was finally pregnant!! Throughout my time there, Dr. T always remained positive and always approached us with new ideas on how to change course (we requested this). He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case. 10 months after I had my daughter I found out I was pregnant again (naturally!) and my OBGYN was concerned that my hormone levels were very low, he was certain it was a bad pregnancy. I quickly emailed Dr. T, whom I hadn’t spoken to in over a year and asked his opinion. He was, as always, honest but hopeful. That pregnancy ended in a perfectly healthy baby. I will always be thankful to him for finally diagnosing my issue and providing a solution, and ultimately being responsible for the two beauties that are now in our lives! I cannot forget to also acknowledge the nurses and other doctors in the practice who were all so wonderful as well. This is truly a special practice.
I think all patients of all doctors should always advocate for themselves. Come to the appointment as informed as possible, think about what questions you want to ask beforehand.
The practice seemed small and more intimate. You would see maybe 2 or 3 patients in the waiting room. At another practice I had been to there were more than 50 patients in the waiting room each time I went, a different doctor would see me every time and had no clue what my history was. Dr. T always met with me for a discussion whenever I requested, always responded to my emails within an hour and most importantly remembered who I was when I came into his office.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I really appreciated that this clinic was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.