425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2014 - 2016, Successful
I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T [Tortoriello] believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. ... He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case.
I really appreciated that this clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I found Dr. T after being dissatisfied with the care at another practice. I did a lot of research and chose to move to Sher so I could be treated by Dr. T. This was the best decision I made as he is truly one of a kind. I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. He referred me to a specialist who was able to remove my endometriosis surgically and he worked with that practice to continue my treatment until he delivered the amazing news that I was finally pregnant!! Throughout my time there, Dr. T always remained positive and always approached us with new ideas on how to change course (we requested this). He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case. 10 months after I had my daughter I found out I was pregnant again (naturally!) and my OBGYN was concerned that my hormone levels were very low, he was certain it was a bad pregnancy. I quickly emailed Dr. T, whom I hadn’t spoken to in over a year and asked his opinion. He was, as always, honest but hopeful. That pregnancy ended in a perfectly healthy baby. I will always be thankful to him for finally diagnosing my issue and providing a solution, and ultimately being responsible for the two beauties that are now in our lives! I cannot forget to also acknowledge the nurses and other doctors in the practice who were all so wonderful as well. This is truly a special practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I think all patients of all doctors should always advocate for themselves. Come to the appointment as informed as possible, think about what questions you want to ask beforehand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The practice seemed small and more intimate. You would see maybe 2 or 3 patients in the waiting room. At another practice I had been to there were more than 50 patients in the waiting room each time I went, a different doctor would see me every time and had no clue what my history was. Dr. T always met with me for a discussion whenever I requested, always responded to my emails within an hour and most importantly remembered who I was when I came into his office.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I really appreciated that this clinic was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The nurses and front desk [Sher Fertility NY] were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.... From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with compassion. The nurses knew my name, which made it feel like a comfortable place to be. My doctor was available, direct, but would consoul me when I needed it. I truly have wonderful memories from my experience, I can not think of any weaknesses.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is an amazing doctor. She was constantly present wether it was during a visit, over the phone and through email. She answered every question clearly and non-judgmental can, even if it was a question that I had asked a ton of times before. I felt she truly understood what U was going through not only medically and emotionally and handle it in a delicate manner but still direct and professionally. When I found out I was pregnant she was just as excited for me. I thought that was amazing because she sees so many people. But I felt I was the only one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
No matter what you are thinking or feeling tell Dr. Dicken. She is understanding and kind. Dr. Dicken wants the same outcome as you and she truly cares.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
from the moment I walked in to Dr.Dickens office I was treated with such kindness. She was direct, but had a nice way of speaking to me. I left her office hopeful.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
We used clomid to help with the folicals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
The nurses and front desk were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I would only have to pay our copay and for the shots, which were around $300. We also had to pay for some tests.
2014 - 2016, Successful
Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry...
TRUST HIM
Our dream came true thanks to Dr. Drew Tortoriello Everything began four years ago when we decided to start family. We tried to get pregnant for year with no luck met. That time I went to see my ob/gyn who sent us for some tests. We were confused, sad and depressed. She told us that IVF is our only option. So we went to clinic that was closest to our hometown. Doctors explained us what should we expect, but after failed IUI, IVF cycles and one miscarriage we were disappointed. We did not know what to do next, stay with clinic that follow protocol and won't make any changes or find someone else who can help us. At that time, I met a friend who was doctor’s T. patient and who got pregnant after first cycle of IVF in her 40s. So we called dr. T. office to make apt. and it was best decision of our live. Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry. We are happiest since this is something that wouldn't be possible without doctor T. What we want to say is beyond 5 stars, excellent service etc. He helped us made life dream come true, so make appointment with him and you will see by yourself. THANK YOU DR. TORTORIELLO and SHER INSTITUTE FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL AIMEE :)
TRUST HIM
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Dicken is in a league of her own. Her attitude and knowledge made for an excellent IVF experience. My wife and I were not only blessed with a positive outcome, but also felt totally cared for along the way. After quite a bit of fertility research, we had an initial meeting with Dr. Dicken to discuss our options. We quickly knew she was the best doctor and Sher the right practice to help us expand our family. The IVF process can seem quite overwhelming. Dr. Dicken and the wonderful staff at Sher made sure we had all appointments, calendars, RX’s, and most importantly knowledge along the way. The office is run like a well-oiled machine- rarely a wait, efficient and caring nurses, insurance know-how, and all services onsite. Another couple friend worked with Dr. Dicken/Sher as well; they had the same excellent results and glowing feedback. We enthusiastically recommend Dr. Dicken and Sher to anyone in need of their expertise.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice [Sher Institute] has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She is an excellent physician with a great staff. Take notes during an initial appointment but know she is available to answer any questions as you go along
We used my eggs and my wife carried. Neither of us had any known fertility issues. Due to the way we wanted to have our child, IVF was the clear path. Dr. Dicken gave us options of a fresh transfer or a 5 day embryo, we chose the latter. Each process was clearly explained and we made the decision based on our preferred timeline. Felt 100% confident and very well educated
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were the perfect compliment to Dr. Dicken's expertise. Warm, caring, quite proficient... we left feeling like family and always knew we were working with intelligent professionals too.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
I don't recall exactly because we have insurance and were near our policy out of pocket max. Do remember thinking costs were very reasonable, inline with other practices researched, but with better care.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve....Dr. Dicken had the patience to answer my MILLION questions and gave me honest reassurance when I felt overwhelmed and afraid...She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby...The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of NY] was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring... I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available...Much of my treatment was covered by insurance but about a quarter of it was by me. Medications (and there were lots) was mostly covered, but I'm sure I spent a few thousand dollars on medication and treatment. Also, I have paid for egg freezing.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve. She also tested my husband's doer for amount and quality which were fine. She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby. I had a hysterioscopy first to clear my tubes. Then I started hormones and had to undergo three IUI. Dr. Dicken explained that IVF was more effective but I needed IUI's done before my insurance would cover IVF. She was correct. The second IVF resulted in a pregnancy. That IVF I didn't even need injections, just medications. The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
Have your health records ready to go, like genetic and medical history.
I had a low egg reserve so a lot of my treatment was smoking up the eggs I had. She measured my hormone levels and gave me hormones in response.
The nursing staff was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clothes mix was well run. I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...He spent over an hour at our first consult and he went over all my old records thoroughly and there was a lot! He didn't discourage me even though I was told I was "too old" and had "old eggs" by other doctors so he gave me hope. He saw me for EVERY visit !! he did all his own sonograms and the retrieval and transfer. This was night and day compared to my other centers where I saw my main doctor once or twice the whole time.
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...she [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat...new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
He is just a very kind man who cares. You can tell. He never rushed me and answered my emails, sometimes late at night, all the time. He was very realistic without dashing my dreams and prayers. He is incredibly busy but somehow always reached out to me to see how I was doing. Love that man.
See him first...not after schlepping through 2 factory centers first!!!
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
He used estrogen patches and then stimulation medication. Lower dosages than before. Felt much less bloaty. He triggered me a bit later I think. I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lesly)
she was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Great. new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Not much....my insurance covers me for 3 cycles.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
He offered to implant one, but I wanted both, and he said it was all right as I was nearly 40.

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Dicken] is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality...
There are several doctors in the group [at Sher - Manh] and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me...The staff at Sher NYC is okay. They can do a better job of providing thorough and complete information to patients since they are the ones who make phone calls to patients and regularly provide them with information about next steps during treatment...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is a knowledgeable doctor with excellent bedside manner. She is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr. Dicken and the 2nd cycle resulted in my husband and I having two beautiful twin boys! We couldn't be happier with our experience and highly recommend Dr. Dicken to anyone considering IVF treatment.
Don't be afraid to reach out and ask her about concerns you have (I even sent her a picture of a bloody pad)!
Dr. Dicken is warm and personable. She is very responsive to email and genuinely cares about her patients and their results. I felt comfortable asking her any questions I had and she was always patient and thoughtful when answering. I never felt rushed out of her office and felt well taken care of by her.
My 2nd IVF cycle we used a treatment where we quieted down the endometriosis I had. I was given 1 shot every month for 3 months so that my eggs could grow without the endo interfering with their growth. I think this was a key factor in my ability to get pregnant in my 2nd IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There are several doctors in the group and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me.
My treatment was largely covered by my insurance. I think that the overall cost of care was somewhere in the $4,000 to $7,000 dollar range per IVF cycle.

2014 - 2015, Successful
After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!...
It is a charming little place [at Sher - Manh] where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!...Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 6 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Never give up and trust Dr. Wang completely!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
My successful cycle we transferred my lonely 2 embryos on Day 2 and I have my 1 year old son from that fresh D2 transfer. We used HGH as my quality was really bad especially after termination my first pregnancy with Dr. Wang due to a developmental issue with the baby. So we used everything we knew about .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch. Since I graduated from Dr. Wang, I have created a group of former, current and future patients of Dr. Wang called Wang Gang. We are about 90 ladies and we help each other in real life with advise, medications and support.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is not the typical cookie cutting clinic like Cornell, NYU or RMA. It is a charming little place where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had insurance coverage so all I had to do is keep a close eye to all the claims

2013 - 2014, Successful
There aren't enough words in the English language to cover my admiration, appreciation, and respect for Dr. Wang. He kept us involved in the process, answered emails at all hours, was open to our ideas, and fully made it a "team" effort. He grieved our setbacks with us and plotted a new course, and celebrated our victories, including the birth of our child, with us.
He [Dr Jeffrey Wang] retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist [at Sher Fertility of New York] spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Run, don't walk, to see him.
He has the best bedside manner of any doctor. I've never felt like someone cared as much about us or fought as hard for us. He kept us informed and gave us a voice. Infertility sucks, but he, and the baby he and his team are responsible for creating, were the good things to come out of the process.
We dealt with severe MFI, so he coordinated with my husband's urologist to time my egg retrieval with his surgery. He monitored me closely to keep my on schedule, and it worked perfectly. He retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
Some nurses were fantastic, some were not as organized, and one was cold and never smiled.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's the opposite of a factory.
We had insurance coverage, so I can't comment beyond saying that the staff was very helpful in dealing with my insurance, despite the insurance company's hard work to make things as difficult as possible.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There was a minor discrepancy in my calendar that was cleared up in a single email.

2014, Unsuccessful
I saw him [Dr. Wang] every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later...He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account...This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news.
This clinic [Sher] was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well...[Nurse] Leslie was amazing to deal with. She was thorough and was on top of everything. She was super nice as well and emailed me back in a timely manner...They were very accommodating with monitoring...I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
This doctor is very easy to talk to and answers his emails within a few hours. He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account. My first IVF with him resulted in 36 eggs and 22 embryos that ALL arrested on day 3. It was a complete shock that not even one made it to blastocyst. He called me himself with this news and stayed on the phone with me as long as I needed him to. We did another IVF with him in which I also produced 36 eggs and 22 embryos. He called saying they werent looking good on day 3 and I begged if I can come in and transfer 2 to see if maybe they would survive better inside me than in a petrie dish. He agreed. This ended up being a chemical pregnancy. All my other embryos did arrest. This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news. He even admitted to try another clinic to see how my embryos would grow there. Its been 4 years since being treated by him and we still keep in contact. He is a very honest and kind dr. I wish it would have worked out by him.
My advice is that he is a really kind and caring doctor. He is on top of it all and will deliver news to you personally. You will have a human experience here.
I felt like a human with this dr because I saw him every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later. I sometimes email him with ideas that my new drs have and he always gives me his advice.
My first IVF we used gonal F in varying amounts, menopur, and ganirelix and triggered with HCG. This resulted in 36 eggs, 22 embryos, and they all arrested by day 3. I also had slight OHSS from this cycle. I did another IVF with him and we changed the protocol. I was on BCP for 3 weeks before stims, lupron, gonal F, menopur, and ganirelix. We had 36 eggs, 22 embryos and transferred 2 embryos on day 3 since the dr called saying all the embryos weren't looking good. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy and had VERY bad hyperstimulation and was bedridden for a few weeks. This doctor believed that maybe my husbands balanced translocation caused this (later we tested some of the dead embryos and they were normal so this was not the reason) or that my embryos did not like their lab. He also suggested doing a day 1 or 2 transfer. Ultimately he suggested trying RMA since their lab protocol is difference there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were very accommodating with monitoring. Dr. Wang often came in 10 minutes earlier to see me so that I would not be late to work since I worked over an hour away.
I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with. We did 2 IVF egg retrievals here and one fresh transfer. We also paid to get embryos tested. My medications at the time were partially covered by insurance. I believe we spent around $30,000.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
My only criticism was that I had OHSS during my second IVF there and I wish my dr would have lowered my stimulation doses to avoid this or use a dual trigger.
2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew Tortoriello] combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
The clinic manager [at Sher Fertility of New York] is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better...Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The whole pharmacy thing is complicated. Easy to make mistakes. Employers now are cracking down so can't use the usual fertility or compounding pharmacies that Sher is used to using.
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
Physically the offices aren't as fancy/expensive-looking as Cornell or New Hope or NYU, but don't let that influence your decision because overall, SIRM-NY is high quality where it counts! The most important thing is to find a good doctor who you feel is the right person to have on your team for what can be a very long and challenging process, and I found that in this clinic. Their scheduling and front desk staff was also good, which I don't think I've mentioned yet but which makes a difference when you have to have as many appointments as fertility treatment involves!
I already covered this in the why I felt like a human rather than a number section, and this interface won't let me cut and paste so unfortunately if you want more coherence you're going to have to refer to my previous answer. Short version, Dr. Tortoriello: -- listened to me -- was never patronizing or dismissive of my questions -- never discouraged me from doing my own research -- was kind -- was a straight talker about my treatment details -- had a good sense of humor -- was deft and gentle in his touch with both ultrasound and during retrievals
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and friendly and had a good sense of humor, but also very practical and straightforward when it came to discussing the details of my treatment with me. He listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
I remember all of this, but I did too many cycles to be extremely specific here. To give a quick overview, though, after my first disastrous high stim cycle (nothing frozen), I then always did a low-medium stim cycle with Femara for a few days, then added anywhere from 75-300 FSH plus a small dose of HGH (Omnitrope .5mL or less) per day. We then added Ganerelix to suppress ovulation when that became necessary, until it was time for retrieval. The standard 10,000iu hCG trigger shot was used every time. Occasionally we did a luteal phase start. The rationale for this was that the super high stim protocol oversuppressed me and my AFC was never that high anyway (although we would never start a cycle with less than 4, which meant I took off a couple of months after every cycle so my follicle count could replenish itself a bit). With this protocol, I always had at least 1 blastocyst frozen per cycle. I didn't do genetic testing so I've no idea how many of those embryos are normal, butvam assuming at least a few of them probably are.
There were a lot of them so I was friendlier with some than others, but I got along with all of them and never had any unpleasant incidents of any kind in the three years I was a patient there. It helped that I could also always email my doctor directly too if necessary.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I've tried to block it out, but it was commensurate with other equivalent clinics in NYC and slightly cheaper than a couple of the others I considered at the time
As long as my doctor is willing to do eSET, I think that's up to the patient; I never wanted it so it never came up, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Tortoriello would do it if that was what I wanted--it's my body/money/willingness to risk or reduce a multiple pregnancy!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] is not super warm and fuzzy and yet I can tell he cares about my case and wants me to achieve my goal. He is direct but with good bedside manner. He always remembers the exact details of my case. He treats me as a collaborator in my treatment rather than just someone to be told what to do...He will work with you to get tests that you want. For example, I asked for NK and thyroid tests before my first transfer and he agreed.
[The nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions NY is] SO organized. Quick email replies. Straightforward and thorough. Does a great job...No clinic is perfect. It doesn't have the bells and whistles and modern features as some of the others...the lab is excellent -- ALL of my mature eggs fertilized over 3 retrievals. The doctors are great and I know I'll have success here...aboutt $12000 per IVF cycle (not including meds)
Dr. T is not super warm and fuzzy and yet I can tell he cares about my case and wants me to achieve my goal. He is direct but with good bedside manner. He always remembers the exact details of my case. He treats me as a collaborator in my treatment rather than just someone to be told what to do.
At each step, ask about what diagnostics are available. He will work with you to get tests that you want. For example, I asked for NK and thyroid tests before my first transfer and he agreed.
I felt that he was always communicative and remembered the details of my exact case. I was always impressed with that.
Antagonist protocol. The 2nd cycle we added HGH during sims and 3rd cycle priming with HGH. Improved each time!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No clinic is perfect. It doesn't have the bells and whistles and modern features as some of the others. Not sleek like Columbia and Cornell. But the lab is excellent -- ALL of my mature eggs fertilized over 3 retrievals. The doctors are great and I know I'll have success here.
aboutt $12000 per IVF cycle (not including meds)
He recommends eSET for me b/c I have PGS normals. I do have an undetermined and he said he would transfer the undetermined along with a PGS normal if I wanted.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Geoffrey Sher was one of the only doctors that gave me a chance to transfer my mosaic embryos...I am treated like a human because he was able to help me right away. The consultation was pretty fast and he was able to add me to the cycle even though it was almost too late...The doctor is in Las Vegas but if you live in Los Angeles he goes there every 3 months and perform cycles at the LA IVF clinic.
I mostly had contact with her [Sher Fertility Solutions NY nurse] by email and saw her twice...More then 6,000 for the transfer and lab test and a surgery...The clinic is big, and clean. Everything is organized and I like the fact that my husband was able to be in the room with me when I had my transfer. That made me feel good because I think my partner should be part of this important moment. In another clinic my husband wasn’t able to be with me.
How was your experience with Geoffrey Sher at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Geoffrey Sher was one of the only doctors that gave me a chance to transfer my mosaic embryos. Not all doctors are willing to take that chance, but he did and I am grateful for that, even though I didn’t get a positive test. He explained the possibilities and the risks and we were aware of that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Geoffrey Sher at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Geoffrey Sher at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I mostly had contact with her by email and saw her twice. When I will go to my appointments I will be attended by other nurses they were all nice and friendly.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Geoffrey Sher at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
More then 6,000 for the transfer and lab test and a surgery
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I was trying to get the best prices for my medication. So I had different pharmacies get my medication. So that cause a mistake on the prescriptions
Geoffrey Sher
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. [Tortoriello] ... We used Clomid then injectables for PCOS, and then used IUI to help with sperm morphology issues ... Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process ... We had to call them sometimes to get all of the information we needed and they didn't always proactively call or explain. But overall was not a big problem
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. We had a bit of a difficult time getting pregnant and currently we are celebrating nearly a week with our healthy beautiful baby girl. Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out. It took a while and there were some struggles, but having him by our side throughout the process made things much easier. We recommend Dr. T highly without any reservations
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he always is patient and happy to explain things
Dr T has amazing bedside manner and explains all of your options to you. He expresses a realistic optimism that as we were having trouble let us know everything was going to be ok
Amazing all around
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Wang] has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment...Dr. Wang is outstanding. He communicates extensively with me, gives thoughtful opinions and advice, and doesn't put me through anything hard unnecessarily. He truly considers me as a specific patient and doesn't automatically do or not do anything. He is clearly an expert, and has recommended things that have brought us increased success.
The nurse and financial teams [Sher - Manh] are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made...There were parts of my protocol that had been changed after discussion, but the calendar didn't reflect that. Another time, a medication was switched out but wasn't in a subsequent cycle. Also, they asked for financial forms, but I never got them emailed to me, and another time we faxed forms in several times to then learn their fax machine didn't work.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Share all of your questions and opinions so he can help make you very comfortable.
He has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment.
PICSI was added for male factor infertility (sperm fragmentation) and this got us 2.5 more embryos than any prior cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The nurse and financial teams are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made.
Around 11k for IVF, 1000 for PICSI, 3600 I think for FET.

Unknown Success
Dr Dicken emails with me personally, takes my ideas seriously, and based my treatment on what was going on with my body, not just standard clinic protocol. I felt like she is really invested in coming up with something that will work for me...The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks...I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze.
all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic [Sher] and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park...Jacqueline and Marian responded really promptly when I had questions or needed coordination with my old clinic who was still doing most of the monitoring. It was night and day between communication response times with Sher and my former clinic. Jacqueline made me feel really good when I showed up in NY, chatting and laughing with me.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Honestly, even if this doesn't work, I'm glad we tried our 2nd IVF with Dr. Dicken instead of staying at our old clinic. The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks.
Have all your tests and documentation ready for her to review. Tell her your concerns.
I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze. My first IVF I also had a split cohort of eggs growing at different rates. Because of this, she chose not to start me on BCP, but instead a week of estrogen priming, then 225 gonal f and 75 mg menopur. She also let me try Human Growth Hormone for 5 days, which my former clinic refused to do. Ganirelix the last few days. My eggs all grew at the same rate this time, meaning we could retrieve almost all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo and Marian Gerges)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Dicken is on the 6th floor which is decorated really nicely and feels good to be in. The 3rd floor where I had to go a couple times for monitoring, isn't as nice. But all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park.
My insurance covered it, so I had the percentage that they don't pay for, plus $400 for HGH which they don't cover, plus travel and lodging for the 5 days I had to be in NY for monitoring before egg retrieval. As well as cost for donor sperm and embryo freezing.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They will transfer 3 for my age group.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Tortoriello was friendly and professional. He stated exactly what he found and diagnosed my condition immediately. He mentioned several options for my treatment and responded to all my emails. Dr. T talked with my on the phone to calm me down when I was very upset over my fibroid bleeding. He told me all would turn out well over time, and everything did. I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello for any and all fertility needs and female issues. He is kind, knowledgeable and treats you like a human being...
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance [at Sher Fertility of NY] and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level...My experience as a patient was excellent. I was extremely nervous visiting Dr. Tortoriello because I was heavily bleeding and did not know why. Dr. T made sure I did multiple tests to diagnose my situation. He prescribed an endometrial biopsy, sonogram, and inter uterine sonogram. Once he diagnosed the fibroid pressing on my uterus, he knew I needed a hormone shot, medicine and surgical procedures. All went very well and the bleeding has stopped! I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a patient who was cared about. Dr. T. always remembered my case and plus he even wrote me in between visits to check on me. My experience with him has been wonderful. Thank you Dr. T!
Be very honest with him about all your symptoms and trust him.
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level.
2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate and caring doctor that I have ever had. He provides a level of personalized care that is simply a cut above the rest. I can't imagine ever feeling like I was just a number under his care. His level of attentiveness and kindness is what one can only hope for with every doctor but yet is so hard to find.
The clinic's [Sher Institute of Westchester] main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc....[Nurse] Leslie seems to be very organized and on top of all the details when it comes to coordinating an IVF cycle. I was very impressed by her.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is everything one could hope for in an RE. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough, communicative, progressive...I could go on and on. Truly, there is no other RE like him.
Don't be shy to ask questions. Dr. Wang is very responsive and he never makes you feel like your questions are a bother.
Estrogen priming to synchronize follicles then microdose Lupron, Gonal F and menopur and Omnitrope. Produced better results in terms of quality of the eggs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic's main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc.
Insurance paid for most of it.
Purchase (closed)
Dr. Dicken was very professional, accomodating and understanding. She is easy to reach and answers emails promptly. All appointments were right on schedule, never felt rushed and all questions were answered. Was pleased to know that patients' requests and considerations regarding treatment plan were taken into account and changes were made as needed during treatment plan. Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
All staff [at Sher - Manh] was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues...Keep track of what you do. If you send fax then call and confirm your fax was recieved, stay on top of things, ask questions, double check things if needed...Personalized care, short wait time, individual approach. Same doctors, same nurses, small practice, feels like home, not like factory....Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
General advice for all patients undergoing fertility treatments - read, read and read. Be prepared when you go on interview so you can have a conversation. Be your own advocate, know your own history, do research on all procedures. This knowledge will not only allow you to get the best results but will also save you a lot of money.
Antagonist protocol, 3 day transfer, all to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
All staff was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues.
Mostly paid by insurance, 25 % copayment
Dr. Dicken did have a preference to transfer the least number of embryos.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist...She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it....Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic [Sher - Manh]. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point...She [nurse] communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication...Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars...the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist. She made sure :that health wise, I was ready to Cary a pregnancy
Listen to Cary and trust her
Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely. She was very candid and ensured I was in best of health before starting the fertility treatment. It was obvious she was not: desperate to collect my money and commence treatment until she was sure that my body was ready to carry a pregnancy. She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it.
Can't remember the details but I know the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
She communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point
Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars
Cary Dicken advised me to transfer a single embryo because of my history. I lost an 18 weeks twin pregnancy the previous year and suggested it was better not to risk a multiple pregnancy
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. T [Tortoriello] is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment ... He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
It's [Sher Fertility] a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Thanks to Dr. T, I have 2 beautiful children. I did 2 cycles with him, and each resulted in a singleton birth. I can't thank Dr. T enough for the joy of having full family. He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
Listen to him and trust him. Don't be afraid to ask questions - he's there for you.
Dr. T is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Cycle mostly covered by insurance. About $5000 out of pocket for medications, co-pay and non-covered tests
Dr. T described what he thought would be best approach for the transfer and given my age expected outcomes. I always felt that I was making an educated decision

2015, Successful
Dr. Dicken was the third doctor I met with and for whatever reason I knew she would be the doctor that would finally make us parents. I have a sexual assault history and I felt comfortable disclosing this information to her. Before we completed the egg retrieval my anxiety was sky high because I was going to be unconscious-this made me feel extremely vonerable. After discussing my history and anxiety, Dr. Dicken listened with an open mind and reassured me. After that I was mentally ready to finally move forward with IVF.
Most of the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.... I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.... My only issue with the clinic is scheduling appointments. They will not schedule out appointmeant too far in advance for minetering.
Trust the process
She always listened to our questions and concerns. Even thought she was the doctor, she valued our opinion during our treatment.
For UIU, we switched from clomid to letrozole because it was better for my lining. The first round of IVF we used birth control but after we canceled that round we left our birth control because I was a slow responder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie P)
Most of the nurses were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.
UIU's at the time, out of pocket cost roughly $650, since then the entire IUI procedure now costs around $950 a cycle.
We transferred both eggs because of my low numbers and age.
2015, Successful
Dr. Wang was available to us basically 24/day. If we emailed him a frantic question, he would always respond in an appropriate time. He took our fears to heart and would even step out of the exam room for a moment if we needed to cry and gather ourselves together...Unfortunately the emails and instructions we received from the nurse were at times incorrect or confusing. But Dr. Wang was always able to clarify
Dr. Wang was available to us basically 24/day. If we emailed him a frantic question, he would always respond in an appropriate time....There was some confusion [at Sher Institute in Manhattan] about our prescriptions for the IVF cycle, but we do not place the blame wholly on the clinic. It can get confusing- we didn't have insurance coverage so we priced out medications from several local pharmacies so a few phone calls got lost in the shuffle. After we were done cycling, the billing department failed to update our address in their system so we had to communicate back and forth a few times to set things straight.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We could not be happier with our experience. He tempered our expectations to be realistic, while ensuring we never lost hope. He treated all of our questions respectfully and never spoke down to us while explaining out care plan.
He no longer practices in NYC, but he is WELL worth the trip to Westchester
I cannot remember all of the medications we used
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lopez)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small. The offices and decor feel a bit dated, but are perfectly suitable for the treatment we sought.
On par with other nyc clinics we researched
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
There was some confusion about our prescriptions for the IVF cycle, but we do not place the blame wholly on the clinic. It can get confusing- we didn't have insurance coverage so we priced out medications from several local pharmacies so a few phone calls got lost in the shuffle. After we were done cycling, the billing department failed to update our address in their system so we had to communicate back and forth a few times to set things straight.
2014, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Tortoriello] isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs... He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch...I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
[Sher Fertility is] Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results...Everyone was great at drawing blood quickly and neatly. All were very kind and friendly...I went to the Westchester office for a Beta test one time on a Friday, and the results came in but there was a communication error between the two clinics and I didn’t get my results until the following Tuesday. I ended up staying on progesterone unnecessarily for three extra days. It was very stressful.
Dr. T is great! He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch.
Make sure you ask questions. He will answer, but isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs.
Sheri was a small facility. I never waited very long, and it always felt comfortable in the waiting room. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I always felt like I was in good hands.
We did Femara IUI. I am an SMC and didn’t have any proven infertility at the time, so we started slow. I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results. This place is terrific.
I had insurance, so I just paid copays.