425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

[Dr. Tortoriello] listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages...also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
[Sher Fertility Solutions New York is] Well managed, smooth operations. Never had to wait long. The lab is also key and well-managed and follows the highest standards. You have the option to speak with the embryologist which is nice to hear directly from them...[nurses were] Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr T is a very experienced, trustworthy, and caring RE. He listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages. This should have been caught by the lab who initially said my karyotype was normal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is a little bit of an introvert so my advice would be to always ask questions if you feel unsure or unclear about something.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr T was always responsive to my questions, emails, and needs. You can tell he cares about the treatment of all his patients. He also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
For my retrievals, I was on 225 IU Gonal F and 75 IU of menopur. When I didn't produce any PGS normal embryos, he added HGH Omnitrope to my protocol which had better results. For transfer, I was on prednisone and did intralipid infusion. It was a medicated transfer where I took estrogen pills and 2ml of progesterone injections. Before transfer we did the ReceptivaRX test which had high BCL6 levels (indication of endometriosis). Per Dr T's recommendation I had a laparascopy to remove it. Also did an ERA test after my first failed transfer which said I needed an extra day of progesterone. My second transfer worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I was very fortunate and had a $30K lifetime max allowance under my insurance, excluding prescription meds.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Yes, preferred single embryo transfer
2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr T[ortoriello] had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you...consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc)...Treatment for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!
Treatment [at Sher Fertility of New York] for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!...All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them...Boutique feel, clean& organized...you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
I had a long infertility journey and just wish I found Dr Tortoriello and his colleagues sooner. His clinic is not a factory like many of the other academic centers in NYC. The doctor will see you at every appointment, the doctor explains things to you, and the doctor KNOWS your history. The doctors here are also better than most academic centers in that they have the best training but also consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc). Too many places in NYC blow off patients with autoimmunity or implantation failures but Dr Tortoriello (and his colleagues) will be able to manage it and bring success if you stick with it!!!! I’m so thankful for their help in creating my family.
Make an appointment and be willing to adjust your personal schedule to see the doctor every time. Don’t go to a factory with rotating doctors!! It’s worth it.
Dr T had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: All are excellent -too many to list )
All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique feel, clean& organized. Again- you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
Some though insurance some out of pocket
I was aligned with Dr T in that I preferred eSET. After such a long infertility journey, the last thing I wanted was a high risk multiples pregnancy!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

When I came to Dr. Tortoriello, I had one embryo from my previous doctor. We tried to implant, but it failed. We were not surprised since Dr. Tortoriello advised that the medications prescribed by my previous doctor actually lowered my egg quality and count. Thereafter, we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in April 2019.
[Sher Fertility of New York's] weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures...we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl...The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us.
He always answered all my questions completely and with compassion. He answered all e-mails in detail and promptly. He was always on time for his appointments and took time with me to make sure I understood everything going on. He gave me honest opinions while being optimist as possible. During my initial consult, he reviewed my file in advance of the meeting and was able to discuss potential future options.
Ask questions if you do not understand or want to know more
He remembered details about my fertility during our appointments and did not need to continue to refer to my chart. He spoke to me kindly and with compassion. He always made sure all of my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
Lindsay was an excellent nurse! I absolutely loved her positive attitude. She answered all of e-mails promptly and in detail. Unfortunately, she left the practice once I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us. The clinic's weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures. This was extremely time consuming but I did not mind doing it since I wanted to save myself money.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000. Retrieval was approximately $12,000 and transfer was approximately $4,000. All other appointments were specialist co-pays of $30.

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean...As our infertility was unexplained, we started with IUI which unfortunately did not work. After a few tries we moved to IVF which worked perfectly. Sadly we had a miscarriage and later discovered it would be due to autoimmune problems.
Drew Tortoriello is a great doctor who takes huge cafe of his patients. He really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
You are in good hands!
Dr T and his team would always answer all my questions via email or in person and treated me with a lot of care. Even when the autoimmune doctor recommended a protocol he thought was too strong for me, we would analyze it in detail and tailor it to my needs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean
Very reasonable costa always as they work with insurances
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

During my consultation with [Dr. Tortoriello], he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that... listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Everything was great [at Sher Fertility of New York]...One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing...Frances Faundez [nurse] was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Excellent doctor who listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Ger ready to get pregnant!
During my consultation with Dr. Tortoriello, he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that.
Dr. Tortoriello was going to put me on 50mg of Clomid. I suggested we increase that to 100mg since that's the dosage the previous doctor had given me which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. He listened and increased the doseage. I appreciated that. It led to my successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances Faundez)
Frances Faundez was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything was great. One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing.
My IUI was covered. I just had to pay for clomid which was discounted through insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his [Dr. Tortoriello] field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage ... Explained everything thoroughly and cared about what we were going through. Compassionate and caring
[Sher Fertility of New York] Absolutely amazing so helpful caring and compassionate. Talked us through everything. And understood what we were going through. Felt at ease after our first visit after the first dr we saw was horrible at another clinic ... [Nursing staff] Just like dr very compassionate and understanding ... Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage
Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
I dont remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Just like dr very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
When sher nj closed my records got lost in transfer
Purchase (closed)

2017 - 2019, Successful
Appoints always available [at Sher Fertility of NY], easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc...[Dr. Tortoriello] always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way...My experience over the past 2 years was wonderful all the way through. After 3 failed IUI treatments, we were ready to proceed into IVF. Dr T was there for us every step of the way. We valued his opinion 100 % and he always made us feel like we were all in this together. After 1 cycle of IVF, I am now in week 13 of my first pregnancy :) baby is strong and healthy, thanks Dr T!!!
To be open and honest no matter what, because that’s how Dr T can best guide you
Dr. T always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecelia)
Every single nurse at Sher was amazing! Shout out to Cindy :)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Appoints always available, easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc
My insurance is AMAZING I’ll I paid for was my deductible - which was to cover the IVF meds. No other out of pockets payments at all
My husband and I always thought we wanted to transfer 2 embryos when the time came. Dr T walked us through the benefits and risk factors that 2 could possibly bring onto myself and the embryos. I’m a very small at 5ft 110lbs and his option really matters to us. We decided on 1 embryo transfer for the best possible outcome
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

With a frozen embryo transfer and genetic testing Dr Dicken advised the chances of success were high enough only one embryo was needed and we had success!...never made me feel rushed and always took her time to explain everything to me...She was kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. She even caught complications two other doctors I consulted with missed. She always took her time with me and fully explained everything. She’s the best and I will use her again.
All the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were very friendly and knowledgeable...The care was pricey but in line with anywhere else and definitely not the most expensive. They did offer financing though I didn’t take advantage of it...Loved the clinic. Everyone was very friendly. Easy to get in touch with them and to get an appointment. Never really had to wait. Everything was very clean and I always felt comfortable. Everyone was very professional. I will gladly go to them again for our next and already have recommended them to friends.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If things don’t work as planned first try keep trying and don’t loose hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Dicken never made me feel rushed and always took her time to explain everything to me.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
She supported egg transfer with medication/hormones which I think made all the difference.
All the nurses were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Cary Dicken