425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2017, Unknown Success
Cary [Dr. Dicken] is warm, smart, and professional. She has a friendly demeanor but still feels like your doctor...Cary did some very specific blood work for me that detected an elevated prolactin level, which may have been contributing to implantation problems. Along with prescribing a medicine for that, she also sent me for an MRI to make sure there wasn't something more serious causing that- very thorough...Pleasant, intelligent, answers all questions and emails.
[At Sher Fertility] I needed to get my ovidril injection ordered within a specific time frame due to travel needs and delivery times. The nurses were aware, but the attending doctor (not Dr Dicken) did not sign off on the prescription til the following day. This caused me to run around last minute to get it from a pharmacy in the city that didn't take my insurance: I had to pay $160 out of pocket...[The nurses are] Good with blood work, more attentive...The office is clean and bright, with tea in the waiting room – does not feel dreary like a hospital.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Cary is warm, smart, and professional. She has a friendly demeanor but still feels like your doctor. The office is clean and bright, with tea in the waiting room – does not feel dreary like a hospital.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Trust her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Pleasant, intelligent, answers all questions and emails.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Good with blood work, more attentive
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Covered by insurance so far
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him...Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step...I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation.
This clinic [Sher - Manhatten] was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there...The nurses who reached out to me after every tests were great. The nurses who took my blood tests were just ok...they bruised me a couple of times and couldn't answer some of my questions about what the test results would indicate...I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation. If I could, I'd have Dr. Wang as my doctor for everything. He's amazing!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
NONE!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him. Much better than the experience I had working with a different doctor before!!!
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step. The result was GOOD!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I haven't received all the bills yet.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.

2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient AND person. He took into account my schedule & work demands. He made himself available by email, text, phone. He is, BY FAR, the best Dr. I've ever had...He is an excellent communicator! He gave me his email address and answered every and any question I had within the hour. He treated me with respect, kindness and compassion. I never felt like I was taking up his valuable time like at my previous clinic. He should teach other doctors how to interact and treat patients--that's how greathe is.
I am monitoring in a different state. The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was organized and effecient. The Dr. & staff was kind & compassionate...Currently I am doing Lupron flare protocol. It resulted in one dominant follicle. We canceled cycle...He is an excellent communicator! He gave me his email address and answered every and any question I had within the hour. He treated me with respect, kindness and compassion. I never felt like I was taking up his valuable time like at my previous clinic. He should teach other doctors how to interact and treat patients--that's how greathe is.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If you are looking for a doctor who not only listens and communicates, but also a doctor who CARES about you, Dr. Wang is the Dr. for you.
He seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient AND person. He took into account my schedule & work demands. He made himself available by email, text, phone. He is, BY FAR, the best Dr. I've ever had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Strengths--quickly responds to emails. No weaknesses.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I am monitoring in a different state. The clinic was organized and effecient. The Dr. & staff was kind & compassionate.
I don't remember
We would transfer 2-3 if I had that many.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Cary Dicken is a wonderful doctor who really cares about her patients. She answers her e-mails right away, makes time for each patient to ask questions or raise concerns both in person and over the phone. She is calm, nurturing and honest. The way she delivers information is with respect and care. She has amazing communication skills....I love Sher and would highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I highly recommend Cary Dicken to anyone who is exploring fertility treatment. I plan on going back to her again soon. She is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. She is kind, caring and sympathetic.
See her as soon as you can so she can explore all options with you.
I first went through blood work and for an HSG test with a radiologist. The doctor she recommended was outstanding. I then took oralmedications and injections to prepare for egg retrieval. On the 3rd try I became pregnant. She was there every step of the way!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Mellissa was the nurse and Jacqueline was her Coordinator. They were outstanding!)
Mellissa and Jaqueline were both amazing.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were very accommodating with my work schedule.
Mine were mostly covered by my insurance plan. If I had to pay out of pocket they looked to be fair.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The first time was awesome. [Dr. Tortoriello] went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy...was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
The clinic itself [Sher Fertility of New York] was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room...Our favorite nurse was Jackie. She was with us throughout both of our treatments. She got to know us as a couple and not just as patients. Very compassionate.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. T was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Do your research before seeing any doctor. We were blinded by the fact that we wanted a baby so badly that we put all our faith in our doctor and didn’t question his decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The first time was awesome. Dr. T went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic itself was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room with Dr. T.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Luckily our treatments were covered by my health insurance. Unfortunately we maxed out.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had to email the nurse to remind her to call in the prescriptions.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
my experience with Dr. T [Tortoriello] was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle...He is very warm and personable. He answered all of my very many emails promptly. He called me with results...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous...SIRM is great. Sixth floor is brand new and gorgeous. The MAs and nurses, especially Lindsay, are very kind and sweet and all KNEW ME. It would be nice if Dr. T had earlier appointments but that is the price of seeing one doctor and not twenty different docs...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Dr. Tortoriello was my third fertility doctor. I went through many IUIs and 2 IVF cycles elsewhere at a large factory clinic in NYC. By far my experience with Dr. T was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle.
No advice except see him first!
He is very warm and personable. He answered all of m,y very many emails promptly. He called me with results.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous.
Covered 100%.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I only had one blastocyst by day 5, and it took. But if I had another he said he still prefers one at a time.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken is incredibly kind, compassionate and a good listener. She did not sugarcoat bad news but was very sensitive to the stress we were under and always gave me time to make decisions and listened to my concerns and questions. She always responded to my emails...She is excellent in explaining options based on her assessment of your situation. She was realistic but hopeful. She said to me, "if you were my sister, I would tell you not to give up on your own eggs." and it almost made me cry because it felt so good to hear...
The nursing staff [at Sher - Manh] overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left...Sher is a boutique clinic, you see your doctor when you go. They are very personalized. the only issue is with their billing, which is very disorganized...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Come in with all of your questions because she will make an effort to respond to them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The nursing staff overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are covered for the most part by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Mostly with the billing department, which is managed out of their vegas offices.
2010, Unknown Success
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions....Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was....[Nursing staff was] matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well....finance dept. was helpful...It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
Easy to schedule
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Oehninger has always been open, realistic and communicative with my husband and I. I appreciate his expertise in the field and I trust his recommendations. He has a very gentle approach when performing both IUIs.... assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Don’t be afraid to discuss your fertility struggles and journey with him. He is very open-minded and is willing to work with his patients.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Jane Wong, Cecilia Choe and another nurse that I spoke with after clinic hours all treated me with immense compassion and always communicated with me on the phone, patient portal and via email.
How was your experience with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
All of the staff were always pleasant and explained all procedures thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jane Wong)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$40-50 copay for each visit (including ultrasounds, HSG and IUI, $200 bloodwork
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Sergio Oehninger] is a doctor that knows the science behind everything and had studied fertility for a long time. He is friendly and approachable but he spends little time with his patients on a one on one basis. Perhaps he is busy or he could also just be awkward at times...Pay attention to your egg retrieval stats early on - he may overlook certain things...He was great and friendly but seemed very busy all the time.
Strengths [at Sher Fertility of New York]: convenient location, friendly and caring staff, attentive doctors. Great online portal. Weaknesses: facility is outdated, communication can be improved. Would be better to have one clinic staff member per patient instead of pooled clinicians...They [nurses] are very sweet, attentive and diligent. Some are better than others but they were all good at their jobs...I used birth control and estrogen to prepare for embryo transfer and then began progesterone as well.
Sergio is a doctor that knows the science behind everything and had studied fertility for a long time. He is friendly and approachable but he spends little time with his patients on a one on one basis. Perhaps he is busy or he could also just be awkward at times.
He was great and friendly but seemed very busy all the time.
Describe the protocols Sergio Oehninger used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
They are very sweet, attentive and diligent. Some are better than others but they were all good at their jobs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths: convenient location, friendly and caring staff, attentive doctors. Great online portal. Weaknesses: facility is outdated, communication can be improved. Would be better to have one clinic staff member per patient instead of pooled clinicians.
Unsure but over $10k
Describe Sergio Oehninger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No comments
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
[Dr. Tortoriello is] Well manared, soft spoken, always available thru email, gave my opinion priority even if he felt different, never pushed any procedure to me, well explained, it was easy to get his appointment, spoke with empathy, ... He was very soft spoken and treated with care ... Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Francis [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy ... Nice location, clean, spacious, privacy, easily accessible, clean restroom, refreshments available, soothing environment, no screaming or hustle, designated areas for nurses, nice waiting area, things available to read, ...
Stick with one doctor, switching won't help
He was very soft spoken and treated with care
Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Francis)
Francis was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember, was billed for multiple visits so can't describe
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I really like Dr Wang. I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
Nothing good or bad to mention [at Sher Fertility of New York]. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean...[Dr. Wang has a ] Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared...I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
As questions and ask about all possible testing that can be done early on
Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared
Only did 3 rounds of IUI with progesterone support. 1 chemical pregnancy.
Nuetral
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Fine. Nothing good or bad to mention. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient. Answered all my emails very quickly. Very kind. Understanding. Never makes you feel like a number and remembers the details of your situation. He doesn't push any treatments but always gave options and let me decide...Used estrogen priming for DOR. Used HGH, viagra suppositories, and stims for thin lining...Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
[Sher Fertility of New York was] Very organized...You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work...Bushra [nurse] was a bit disorganized but very kind...Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills...Around 25k for ivf...[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient.
You need to do your own research and bring those ideas and get his feedback.
Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: bushra)
Bushra was a bit disorganized but very kind
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very organized. Very expensive. You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work
Around 25k for ivf
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling...I was on low dose of injections for egg banking...I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.
He was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling.
Ask tons of questions
You can make an appt. but one time I had to wait for over an hour in the exam room.
I was on low dose of injections for egg banking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra)
I never met my nurse. I also got conflicting information regarding my meds. She told me one could be refrigerated and it couldn't.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I liked that you could make and appt. it was very easy to get to via train.
Copays and anesthesia
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Dicken is smart, caring, compassionate. She understood the emotional implications that go along with treatment. She was always available and responded quickly to my emails. Can't recommend her more highly!!... At sher, you will not feel like your at a fertility factory but rather a human who she will care for and get to know !
It [Sher Fertility of New York] is a much smaller feel having some of the larger fertility clinics. I always felt well cared for by the front desk staff, nurses and of course Dr. Dicken.... At sher, you will not feel like your at a fertility factory but rather a human who she will care for and get to know !
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She is the best! Call her for a consultation! You won't be disappointed. At sher, you will not feel like your at a fertility factory but rather a human who she will care for and get to know !
Dr. Dicken is a warm, smart, caring doctor. She was always available to talk by email and wrote me personally to update me. I never felt like I was being treated at a factory. I felt cared for and important.
Letrozole, trigger shot & timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It is a much smaller feel having some of the larger fertility clinics. I always felt well cared for by the front desk staff, nurses and of course Dr. Dicken
She luckily accepted my insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She [Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy] scheduled an appointment just to speak with us and explain what may have happened when we received a negative pregnancy test after our first transfer. She was also very personable...She was very knowledgable and thorough. Also seemed to enjoy her job. My husband and I actually discussed it and felt like she was somewhat like an aunt in nature- providing compassion, yet with direct facts...Genetic testing- because it seemed a standard practice there.
Appointments [at Sher] were somewhat inflexible. The doctor could only provide treatment in morning hours. Afternoons seemed to be reserved for new patients...Genetic testing- because it seemed a standard practice there...Everyone was wonderful at the office. Responsive, caring and attentive...Mostly covered by my insurance. But we had to pay 20% out of pocket. Came to around $3000 per cycle...She [Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy] was very knowledgable and thorough. Also seemed to enjoy her job.
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She scheduled an appointment just to speak with us and explain what may have happened when we received a negative pregnancy test after our first transfer. She was also very personable.
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Genetic testing- because it seemed a standard practice there. Egg retrieval and embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes- cannot recall her name)
Everyone was wonderful at the office. Responsive, caring and attentive
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Appointments were somewhat inflexible. The doctor could only provide treatment in morning hours. Afternoons seemed to be reserved for new patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
It was a personal experience. Dr. Dicken was quick to communicate via email and always explained her decisions - even ones I wasn't happy with. She was open to my suggestions and really made it a team effort...Estrogen priming with high dose Antagonist. I also did intralipid therapy and immune therapy that seemed to help tremendously.
It [Sher Fertility of New York] is a smaller clinic for NYC but felt very personable. I was able to feel comfortable and see my doctor for every monitoring appointment. that was a real plus....She was very helpful at explaining things and putting us at ease. The difference in results was day and night - and that had to do with her having a great bedside manner and listening to my worries and reservations.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
To ask questions because they will be answered. It was a partnership.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: jackie)
they were all quick to email and very good at being supportive and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It is a smaller clinic for NYC but felt very personable. I was able to feel comfortable and see my doctor for every monitoring appointment. that was a real plus.
i was completely self pay. I did a two cycle package

2014, Successful
He was always there for me whether it would be through via cell phone text or email. Any questions day or night he was there to answer my call... And every appointment I always saw him. I was never put with another doctor.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Consult with him we knew right away that he was the doctor that we want to go it was extremely thorough but the same time very warm and kind And every appointment I always saw him. I was never put with another doctor.
You won't go wrong if you choose him! He will get you pregnant
He has the best bedside manner ever! He was always there for me whether it would be through via cell phone text or email. Any questions day or night he was there to answer my call. He's always warm and kind we see him and always remember the last conversation you had with him.
The first time we went to do a retrieval I was unable to do it because I ate the morning of. I was extremely distraught the nurses were there to help ease my pain. And every single appointment there always very caring. The day we found out that we were pregnant when we came in all the nurses were so excited for us and hugged us.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I thought that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking...Very flat affect in general....He used low dose meds bc I have DOR. He recommended banking for 3 cycles and then testing...
Loved that [at Sher - Manhatten] you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work...I never met her [the nurse] and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed...I thought that he [Dr. Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
I thought that he treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
Ask a tons of questions!
Very flat affect in general.
I never met her and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Loved that you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work.
Copays
2014, Successful
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative...He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative. He actually made me feel as if he appreciated me as a patient and as a person; Dr. Wang almost made going through IVF pleasant!
Don't be afraid to ask questions since Dr. Wang will answer any questions you have and never make you feel bad for asking them.
Dr. Wang was incredibly kind and his communication skills were excellent. He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Can't think of anything.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing...understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Very kind and always ready to help and explain things...We purchased a package that included free transfer until success...The clinic is small but very efficient and clean. The only negative is that they don't have their own lab so you have to wait longer to get the results of your tests. Other than that it is in a very central and convenient location...We just decided to test the embryos for genetic problems and then transfer the best looking one. We didn't want to put too much stress on the body. We also only had 4 embryos and didn't want to lose two in one shot in case it didn't work.
He is simply the best doctor I have experienced during my journey. My husband shares the same feeling. I remember my husband telling me: 'this doctor did it right this time!'. He really did, we got a gorgeous baby boy. I went to Cornell at first, thinking I would find the best doctors there but I was wrong, I had a horrible experience. Dr. Tortoriello understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
Follow his instructions to the T, like he like to be called Dr. T, and be confident. Don't worry if he doesn't talk a lot, he knows what he is doing.
The doctor was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing.
Don't remember, there were so many medicines.
Very kind and always ready to help and explain things.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't remember. We purchased a package that included free transfer until success.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T [Tortoriello] always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. ... Dr T recommendation was always to go with eSET, but i went with multiple transfer but he explained the risk involved beforehand. ... Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure.
Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments [Sher Fertility of New York] are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. ... Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. ... [nurses] Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Dr T always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. When i came to this doctor it was my 3rd IVF which no positive hopes. But with this treatment i got my first positive test ever resulting in beautiful adorable daughter that i have now. without him it would never be possible for me to experience motherhood. Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure. Dr T will do wonders in your life :)
Stay focused Dr T will take care and don't lose hope
Dr T was so open minded and always cared and listened to me.
Estrogen Priming protocol for Egg retrieval Depot Lupron shot before embryo transfer which was main reason for my success
They were so kind and compassionate. Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They have the best doctors in this clinic. Amazing staffs and there is 100% hope for patients going to this clinic to get successful . Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. Better results when compared to other clinic. Treatment methodology is very different from other clinic which gives better result
Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. If you plan accordingly it will be as quick as grabbing a coffee from starbucks
approximately around $15,000
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. [Oehninger] is kind but direct and responds to emails via their secure system quickly...During my consultation with Dr. O he explained what tests he recommended and why, and what the course of action would be...bloodwork including NKa testing, an endometrial biopsy to test for inflammation (endometritis) and the Receptiva test to test for endometriosis. My husband also did a sperm analysis and DNA fragmentation test.
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of New York] is great, however my husband complained that getting blood drawn was painful and they collapsed a vein in his arm...A strength of SIRM is they test and treat conditions that the typical clinic may not even test for. I regret not seeing them sooner. Perhaps I could have had a successful transfer of a PGS tested embryo if I was given proper treatment for NK cells.
I went to Dr. O and SIRM after having 3 retrievals and 5 failed embryo transfers at Cornell. My last two transfers were FET with PGS normal embryos which failed. My RE at Cornell (Samantha Pfeifer) did not believe in testing for Natural Killer Cells, immunological issues or other "out of the box issues" so I sought another opinion. During my consultation with Dr. O he explained what tests he recommended and why, and what the course of action would be. I did a multititude of tests that Cornell did not check for: bloodwork including NKa testing, an endometrial biopsy to test for inflammation (endometritis) and the Receptiva test to test for endometriosis. My husband also did a sperm analysis and DNA fragmentation test. (Cornell also did not recommend the DNA fragmentation test.) All results were normal except I had elevated NKa (25% vs the normal level of 10%). The treatment for this will involve presnidone and possibly intalipid therapy.
Dr. O is kind but direct and responds to emails via their secure system quickly.
I have not yet begun treatment, only diagnostic testing. Will update this as I advance through treatment.
The nursing staff is great, however my husband complained that getting blood drawn was painful and they collapsed a vein in his arm.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$50 to reserve consultation (can be applied to treatment), $50 for sperm analysis, $815 payable directly to Recepitva for endometrial biopsy testing for endometriosis. Other costs were covered by insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello. My husband and I will be forever grateful. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process.... You can tell they [Sher Fertility NY] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
You can tell they [Sher Fertility of New York] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care.... I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff....His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful.... Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff. After having a bad experience at a different clinic-we were referred to Dr Tortoriello by a close family member. All I have to say is My husband and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Tortoriello. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process. His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful. You can tell they work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia chao)
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr.T[ortoriello] always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked...I have diagnosed with Asherman syndrome after I lost my identical twin girls. Many Dr had told me that I probably have to do gestation as my uterus was not able to develop any lining. However, Dr.T said to me that I should not give up, and he was right. I was able to get pregnant with the first cycle. After I delivered a healthy baby girl, I started another IVF cycle to have a second baby. I had two IVF cycles to retrieve enough eggs, and I transferred two eggs at a time twice. With the second time, I was able to get pregnant again. Now, I have two beautiful girls with me. I can only thank him. He was very kind and had a passion for helping women like me. Do not give up to have a baby until you see him!!
I am not sure what are their [Sher Fertility of New York's] weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T[ortoriello] was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too...The nurses there were excellent. They were very organized and kind. I loved them...only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Just trust him, and ask him if you have any questions. He will give you answers.
Dr.T always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Their lab was high level, so you can trust their techniques to develop your eggs there. I am not sure what are their weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too.
Dr. T only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.