425 Fifth Ave
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2014, Successful
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative...He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative. He actually made me feel as if he appreciated me as a patient and as a person; Dr. Wang almost made going through IVF pleasant!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions since Dr. Wang will answer any questions you have and never make you feel bad for asking them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang was incredibly kind and his communication skills were excellent. He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
Can't think of anything.

2008 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew. Tortoriello] is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice...He would answer all questions calmly and completely in person, on the phone, by email and on the webboard...He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking.
The 2 cycle plan [at Sher Fertility of New York] I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic...Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff...Clinic has good doctors and good office and flexible cycle dates as well as individual cycle dates. We did not normally wait a great amount of time. I think a handful of times we had to wait because there was an emergency or doctor had to be somewhere else that ran late but the vast majority of the time it was very good.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking. We were given a less than 5% chance that they would both take and of course they both did. Now after PGD screening of the embryos and >$100,000 spent and 7 miserable years trying to build a family destroying my wifes body we have our first child and the twins with the boy twin being terribly sick with a very rare genetic mutation called CTNNB1 Haploinsufficiency that essentially means severe mental retardation and severe Cerebral palsy. SO we in essence gave up the best years of our lives to create a sick child that will drain us financially and emotionally for the rest of our lives- not to mention how it will mess up our children.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Standard cycle medications and treatment were used though the ONLY success we had was after doing FROZEN transfers BOTH times. The second time my wife was given hormones to shut her reproductive system down for 3 months prior to the frozen transfer to get her ready and it worked--- A little too well it turns out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
the 2 cycle plan I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic
2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew Tortoriello] combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
The clinic manager [at Sher Fertility of New York] is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better...Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The whole pharmacy thing is complicated. Easy to make mistakes. Employers now are cracking down so can't use the usual fertility or compounding pharmacies that Sher is used to using.
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
Physically the offices aren't as fancy/expensive-looking as Cornell or New Hope or NYU, but don't let that influence your decision because overall, SIRM-NY is high quality where it counts! The most important thing is to find a good doctor who you feel is the right person to have on your team for what can be a very long and challenging process, and I found that in this clinic. Their scheduling and front desk staff was also good, which I don't think I've mentioned yet but which makes a difference when you have to have as many appointments as fertility treatment involves!
I already covered this in the why I felt like a human rather than a number section, and this interface won't let me cut and paste so unfortunately if you want more coherence you're going to have to refer to my previous answer. Short version, Dr. Tortoriello: -- listened to me -- was never patronizing or dismissive of my questions -- never discouraged me from doing my own research -- was kind -- was a straight talker about my treatment details -- had a good sense of humor -- was deft and gentle in his touch with both ultrasound and during retrievals
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and friendly and had a good sense of humor, but also very practical and straightforward when it came to discussing the details of my treatment with me. He listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
I remember all of this, but I did too many cycles to be extremely specific here. To give a quick overview, though, after my first disastrous high stim cycle (nothing frozen), I then always did a low-medium stim cycle with Femara for a few days, then added anywhere from 75-300 FSH plus a small dose of HGH (Omnitrope .5mL or less) per day. We then added Ganerelix to suppress ovulation when that became necessary, until it was time for retrieval. The standard 10,000iu hCG trigger shot was used every time. Occasionally we did a luteal phase start. The rationale for this was that the super high stim protocol oversuppressed me and my AFC was never that high anyway (although we would never start a cycle with less than 4, which meant I took off a couple of months after every cycle so my follicle count could replenish itself a bit). With this protocol, I always had at least 1 blastocyst frozen per cycle. I didn't do genetic testing so I've no idea how many of those embryos are normal, butvam assuming at least a few of them probably are.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There were a lot of them so I was friendlier with some than others, but I got along with all of them and never had any unpleasant incidents of any kind in the three years I was a patient there. It helped that I could also always email my doctor directly too if necessary.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I've tried to block it out, but it was commensurate with other equivalent clinics in NYC and slightly cheaper than a couple of the others I considered at the time
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
As long as my doctor is willing to do eSET, I think that's up to the patient; I never wanted it so it never came up, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Tortoriello would do it if that was what I wanted--it's my body/money/willingness to risk or reduce a multiple pregnancy!

2013, Successful
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor who I have ever had the pleasure to work with (you read that correctly, work with). He was available to answer any questions at any time of the day. He responded quickly with pure scientifical, yet empathetic answers during such an emotionally fueled time....Dr Wang completed all of his ultrasounds. The appointments were in the afternoon. He was always thorough. He always explained everything he saw.
The front staff [at Sher Fertility of New York] were always friendly & welcoming. The embryologist was amazing & worked hard. The nurses in the office were friendly & always answered questions with a quick response...Dr Wang completed all of his ultrasounds. The appointments were in the afternoon. He was always thorough. He always explained everything he saw....He is the most compassionate man who saw me as an individual. He took his time to answer all of my questions. He listened to all of my concerned and addressed each one making me feel at ease and heard. He believed in my intuition. He is amazing!
Trust him.
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor who I have ever had the pleasure to work with (you read that correctly, work with). He was available to answer any questions at any time of the day. He responded quickly with pure scientifical, yet empathetic answers during such an emotionally fueled time. I still email this amazing doctor to show him pictures of my beautiful 27 month old girls. His smile was such a comfort to me during the ivf cycle. I would recommend him to anyone who would listen. He sets the bar so high for all of my future drs.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I was on gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, Saizon, prednisone, baby aspirin, lovenox.
The nurses that I worked with were quick to respond with thorough answers.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The front staff were always friendly & welcoming. The embryologist was amazing & worked hard. The nurses in the office were friendly & always answered questions with a quick response.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Insurance paid
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his [Dr. Tortoriello] field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage ... Explained everything thoroughly and cared about what we were going through. Compassionate and caring
[Sher Fertility of New York] Absolutely amazing so helpful caring and compassionate. Talked us through everything. And understood what we were going through. Felt at ease after our first visit after the first dr we saw was horrible at another clinic ... [Nursing staff] Just like dr very compassionate and understanding ... Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage
Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
I dont remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Just like dr very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
When sher nj closed my records got lost in transfer
2012, Successful
He [Jeff Wang] is amazing. Best doctor ever. Smart, compassionate and caring. We have been in touch for years. I moved to another doctor in the clinic for my FET 2.5 years after my fresh cycle with Jeff produced my daughter (for logistical reasons) and he kept in touch throughout my treatment and subsequent pregnancy with my twins even though i was no longer officially his patient.
All appointments [at Sher Institute] are scheduled (as opposed to some other clinics that have open hours). Its a bit annoying but your doctor does all your monitoring and procedures....first go round - no insurance - did a 3 cycle package for about 23k (not counting copays for bloodwork and meds) second go round - FET- had insurance - i think i paid maybe 200 out of pocket for copays...Dr Wang is the best doctor i have ever been to. He listens, he gives amazing advice and he cares so much.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is amazing. Best doctor ever. Smart, compassionate and caring. We have been in touch for years. I moved to another doctor in the clinic for my FET 2.5 years after my fresh cycle with Jeff produced my daughter (for logistical reasons) and he kept in touch throughout my treatment and subsequent pregnancy with my twins even though i was no longer officially his patient.
Trust him. Also don't be shy about asking potentially stupid questions - even at 4am.
IUI with injectables - chemical pregnancy Fresh cycle - antagonist protocol - negative but produced 3 frozen embryos that worked as a FET 3 years later (produced identical twins) Fresh Cycle 2- long lupron - produced fewer eggs but thought that the quality might be better - did a 3 day emergency transfer when all but 3 arrested at day 2 - produced a wonderful amazing baby girl
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
All appointments are scheduled (as opposed to some other clinics that have open hours). Its a bit annoying but your doctor does all your monitoring and procedures.
2010, Unknown Success
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions....Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was....[Nursing staff was] matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well....finance dept. was helpful...It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
Easy to schedule
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful

Unknown Success
Dr Dicken emails with me personally, takes my ideas seriously, and based my treatment on what was going on with my body, not just standard clinic protocol. I felt like she is really invested in coming up with something that will work for me...The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks...I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze.
all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic [Sher] and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park...Jacqueline and Marian responded really promptly when I had questions or needed coordination with my old clinic who was still doing most of the monitoring. It was night and day between communication response times with Sher and my former clinic. Jacqueline made me feel really good when I showed up in NY, chatting and laughing with me.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Honestly, even if this doesn't work, I'm glad we tried our 2nd IVF with Dr. Dicken instead of staying at our old clinic. The experience has felt much more respectful and caring. She listens, explains things patiently, and tries to be prepared for all roadblocks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Have all your tests and documentation ready for her to review. Tell her your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I have endometriosis and my first IVF cycle the clinic would only do a 5 day blastocyst transfer and none of my embryos made it to 5 days. She thinks endo can make it harder for them to last til 5 in the lab so wanted to try a day 3 freeze. My first IVF I also had a split cohort of eggs growing at different rates. Because of this, she chose not to start me on BCP, but instead a week of estrogen priming, then 225 gonal f and 75 mg menopur. She also let me try Human Growth Hormone for 5 days, which my former clinic refused to do. Ganirelix the last few days. My eggs all grew at the same rate this time, meaning we could retrieve almost all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo and Marian Gerges)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Dicken is on the 6th floor which is decorated really nicely and feels good to be in. The 3rd floor where I had to go a couple times for monitoring, isn't as nice. But all the staff are kind and friendly. It's a small clinic and I didn't feel like a number in a factory. It's in busy Midtown Manhattan so don't try to drive and park.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My insurance covered it, so I had the percentage that they don't pay for, plus $400 for HGH which they don't cover, plus travel and lodging for the 5 days I had to be in NY for monitoring before egg retrieval. As well as cost for donor sperm and embryo freezing.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They will transfer 3 for my age group.
Cary Dicken
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T[ortoriello] was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest...I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T[ortoriello] and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round. Everyone in the Manhattan office from office staff to nurses were so kind. This is by not means an easy process to endure. I now have beautiful 7 year old boy thanks to Dr. T and his staff at Sher. I am forever grateful and blessed.
Dr. T was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy. Placental health is of utmost importance to maintain a healthy pregnancy, especially with a history of miscarriages.
Great!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I don’t remember. It was covered under my insurance plan.
Two embryos were transferred, one was successful.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Browne is an amazing dr she’s so knowledgeable, sweet, caring , understanding, treats you like a friend and makes sure you know every detail there is to know , I’ve never been to such an amazing dr as she is . ... Take her advice and listen to her she knows what she’s doing be patient ... We did ultra sounds, blood, fertility drugs for a week and antibiotics, trigger shot , lots of monitoring.
Everything [at Sher Fertility of New York] is great ... had a great experience and wish I could do it all over again but we cannot afford it right now but dr brownes office is great and works with you and helps as much as they can. I would recommend them a millions times if I could [nurses] Sweet, caring and explains things properly ... [eset approach] I did two and sadly lost one and thank goodness I did that or I wouldn’t have my daughter
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Take her advice and listen to her she knows what she’s doing be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Browne is amazing at what she does , she’s so friendly and knowledgeable
Describe the protocols Hyacinth Nicole Browne used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Kamberi )
Sweet, caring and explains things properly
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything is great had a great experience and wish I could do it all over again but we cannot afford it right now but dr brownes office is great and works with you and helps as much as they can. I would recommend them a millions times if I could
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$6500plus $500 for anesthesiologists
Describe Hyacinth Nicole Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I would definitely recommend doing more then one I did two and sadly lost one and thank goodness I did that or I wouldn’t have my daughter
Hyacinth Nicole Browne
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
8 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I found SIRM at the cutting edge of anything new in the fertility field. The staff was friendly, their phone calls prompt. Clinic clean and calm. During the difficult journey and many IVF cycles that many doctors had given up hope - they were the ones that ultimately were able to think out of the box and get me to my miracle...i loved going to the office!!! they were all fun and caring and professional.
The staff and Dr. Tortoriello were always a pleasure to deal with. Felt like they were my second family. Dr. T always had the time to talk - i never felt rushed, stopped to say hello if he saw me in the waiting room. Was open and honest about potential risks and his opinions. His calm and caring demeanor always made us feel confident we were in good hands.
use him! lol
always patient and attentive to all my questions
i loved going to the office!!! they were all fun and caring and professional.