425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Dicken was a kind and understanding doctor, who did not hesitate to give us the information we needed but was sensitive and considerate when she had bad news to deliver. She remembered us, kept in touch and was always available when we needed her...took the time to explain things when we had questions. She was encouraging but was always clear about risks and the probability of success.
We dealt closely with two or three nurses under Dr. Dicken [at Sher Fertility of New York]. All were excellent. They were not only professional but were warm and friendly. It made a big difference to us that even the receptionists at the front desk remembered our names and greeted us warmly every time we saw them...We compared facilities and found that costs at SHER were about average.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We found Dr. Dicken to be a consummate professional who gave us clear information and took the time to explain things when we had questions. She was encouraging but was always clear about risks and the probability of success. Dr. Dicken also remained available to us when we had questions for her. She responded promptly to emails and made sure that her staff followed up when necessary. We saw her at every appointment that involved a doctor. It is hard to overstate how important this was for us. We went to Dr. Dicken after first seeing a well-known doctor at a major facility who we found cold, remote and insensitive. By contrast, we felt comfortable with Dr. Dicken as our guide through this sometimes difficult process. After some setbacks, we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy and we are eternally grateful to Dr. Dicken for her help in getting us there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The advice I would give is to see Dr. Dicken first before trying other facilities. Frankly, we wasted time and money with another doctor who was more of a big name but ended up a disappointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken was a kind and understanding doctor, who did not hesitate to give us the information we needed but was sensitive and considerate when she had bad news to deliver. She remembered us, kept in touch and was always available when we needed her. In contrast to other doctors we saw, Dr. Dicken was as kind and warm as she was totally professional. That made a great difference to us as we were going through a stressful process.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
When we first came to see Dr. Dicken, we were trying IVF using our own eggs. We knew the odds were against us - and Dr. Dicken was clear with us about the statistics - but we were not ready to give up. Dr. Dicken led us through two cycles and made some adjustments to the process. After two IVF cycles, we decided to use an egg donor. The first transfer was not successful, and Dr. Dicken again made some adjustments to the treatment. The second time it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We dealt closely with two or three nurses under Dr. Dicken. All were excellent. They were not only professional but were warm and friendly. It made a big difference to us that even the receptionists at the front desk remembered our names and greeted us warmly every time we saw them.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a relatively small clinic, which for us was a plus. Before going to SHER, we first went to another facility that was much larger and felt like an assembly line where no one knew our name; frankly, we came to feel unwelcome at this other facility, as though we were dragging down their success statistics. In contrast, SHER was a smaller, kinder and more welcoming place, while still being totally professional. As we were nearing the end of our treatment, SHER was sold to another company. Some changes started to happen, such as reorganization of offices and departments, but we saw only a little of this as we were on our way out (happily, we became pregnant and had a baby). So because we didn't have much experience with SHER after the sale, we don't feel that we can fully evaluate it today.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We compared facilities and found that costs at SHER were about average.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
One time, a nurse apparently lost some requested paperwork that we brought in and left at the front desk for her. We were annoyed with this but it was the only time anything like that happened. Otherwise they were completely organized and professional about all things.
Investment Banker
Email is [Dr. Drew Tortoriello's] best way of communication...My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron...was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable...During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt [at Sher Fertility of New York]. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr T was fantastic from my consultation wiith him to having 17 embryos frozen! Having infertility issues is devestating but finding a doctor like him and now being able to plan a family is amazing. I am grateful for meeting him. Every appt I had with him was comfortable and fast. I would sometimes go on my lunch break and didn’t have to take much time off of work. During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Email is his best way of communication and it was mine too because of work. That was perfect. Every email I sent was replied to within minutes by either the doctor or the nurse
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr T was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I was on menapur, gonal f, and ganirelix. My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron. Afterwards I took a prescription to lower hormones along with ganirelex
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I hate doing blood work because I have small veins but needed to do it every appt. but they were gentle and did a great job
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had Cigna so they covered most after I met my deductible. The prescription medicine was an expense I didn’t budget. Cigna covered it but I had to pay a copay and that was 1k
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Although Doctor Wang didn't have a lot of time the time that he did spend was meaningful. He always made me feel important and most of all he was extremely responsive via email. I've emailed other doctors and till this day some of them have yet to respond. Doctor Wang is an amazing doctor the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. In addition, he's extremely smart and thinks outside the box.
Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients... My insurance paid for two cycles with the doctor, but the times i paid cash it was extremely expensive.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, I can't say just how amazing he is. Smart, compassionate, and extremely responsive. I've dealt with other doctors for fertility and none of them can hold a candle to this doctor not even the doctors at NYU or Cornell. The only thing I wish is that prior to my third transfer we should have done more tests.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Before you do a transfer have doctor Wang do the tests like EFT especially if you've have prior failed transfers. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions via email, doctor Wang will always respond.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Doctor Wang used a low dose approach for me on mostly all of my cycles. Low dose of the stimulating drugs. For my first few retrievals we did microdose lupin and that worked with my first cycle with doctor Wang and I retrieved 5 eggs and transferred 4 on day three however the result was a chemical pregnancy. We used no more than 300 units of gonal f for the days that I stimulated. The doctor suggested low doses because i did not make a lot of eggs and the few I did make we didn't want to fry them. Ganirelex worked best for me as when I continued to use MDL i would ovulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie was great! Organized, responsive, and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Other staff members were not so great. The technician that assisted during my egg retrieval was unfortunately very nasty. I sent the clinic an email about her. I found this woman to be rude. Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My doctor preferred using multiple embryos because of my age. I would not transfer more than 2 embryos in the future
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Wang] is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
You see your doctor at every appointment [at Sher Fertility of New York] (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info...We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions but trust in his answers.
Dr. Wang was very warm from the beginning. I had a difficult diagnosis and he remained realistic but positive. With Sher, you see you doctor with every monitoring appointment so it was great to have so much face time with Dr. Wang. Even when we received disappointing news, it felt like he was right there with you. I researched everything so always had a lot of questions. Dr. Wang would email back quickly and took the time to explain everything.
We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs. first attempt at IVF - Estrogen prime (EPP) 225 gonal f - canceled poor response and converted to IUI. IVF 1 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 6 eggs/3 blasts (freeze all) IVF 2 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 3 eggs/1 blast (freeze all)
All the nurses I have dealt with were wonderful, however I am unsure if they are still there.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
You see your doctor at every appointment (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info.
Insurance covered IUIs, partial IVF
We did not do any transfers
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Wang may be the most compassionate doctor I have ever been treated by. He makes himself readily available and has always returned my emails the same day, whether I reached out in the morning, afternoon, or late evening. He is always the one to see me for all my appointments and spends the time afterwards to discuss with me any issues or questions that may have arisen...He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
The billing dept [at Sher] is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts...I have always been able to get the early morning appointments. The office is extremely quiet and I'm seen as soon as I check in.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. He is quick to respond to any and all questions that I may have (especially when I start to question or overthink everything or when I'm in a panic). He really is on this journey with you, and is rooting for you to have your dreams realized. He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
Run, don't walk to go see him!
We did IUIs with no medications that all failed. We moved on 5 IVF cycles that were also unsuccessful unfortunately. I was on letrozole, estrace, and Crinone for my frozen cycles. I was on gonal f, cetrotide, menopur and HCG for my fresh transfer cycles following retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Leslie is a great partner to Dr. Wang. She is quick to answer my emails and goes out of her way to help me out. I always got my prescriptions without any issues.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The billing dept is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had insurance coverage
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She [Dr. O'Shaughnessy was caring, compassionate, and professional. She is a great communicator, easily reachable via email for questions/concerns. She performed every procedure and saw us for 99% of our visits.We felt like we were seen and heard and treated like individuals... I also tested for having elevated natural killer cells (NK) that could have been causing miscarriages so after the insemination I took steroids-- about 10mg/day of prednisone-- to help combat that.
Their [Sher] approach to patients is the best I've seen. There is no "cattle call" for morning check-ups (you always have an appointment), you aren't seen by any doctor on staff (you always see YOUR doctor), and you know that everyone there knows your unique situation and is working to help YOU...Incredibly friendly and upbeat [nurses]. They were such supporters of the whole process and felt like they were on our team!
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She was caring, compassionate, and professional. She is a great communicator, easily reachable via email for questions/concerns. She performed every procedure and saw us for 99% of our visits.We felt like we were seen and heard and treated like individuals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Speak up! Be your own advocate because she is more than happy to listen and follow your lead.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
At Sher you only ever see YOUR doctor and you always have an appointment. There are no "cattle calls" or long waits. Your doctor knows you, they work with you every day. Dr. O replied to emails quickly, never pressured us to try something we weren't comfortable with, and was a great combination of compassionate and professional. She treated us like an individual couple and prescribed a treatment plan specifically for us (unlike at another clinic where we felt like they had one thing they "do" and you were doing that thing that way regardless).
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
We were IUI patients. I believe I took follistim and the ovidrel for a trigger shot. I also tested for having elevated natural killer cells (NK) that could have been causing miscarriages so after the insemination I took steroids-- about 10mg/day of prednisone-- to help combat that.
Incredibly friendly and upbeat. They were such supporters of the whole process and felt like they were on our team!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Their approach to patients is the best I've seen. There is no "cattle call" for morning check-ups (you always have an appointment), you aren't seen by any doctor on staff (you always see YOUR doctor), and you know that everyone there knows your unique situation and is working to help YOU.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do not recall; they participated in my insurance at the time so we only had copays.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken individualized my protocols and changed them as necessary based on my response and test results. I've done both natural and medicated transfer cycles. She added supplements and anticoagulants based on immune and clotting test results...She always mentioned treatment costs upfront as well as potential savings. .... She found a number of things that were missed by my previous doctor. She explains treatment and procedures, so that you know her rationale and what to expect.
They [Sher] truly make the process as easy as possible for you. Everything runs on-time and almost seamlessly. Everyone, even doctors, email with you in record time. It's a warm, inviting environment, and staff take the time to get to know you. I'd never go anywhere else!...ackie, who communicates test results and instructions, is absolutely wonderful! She's friendly and greets each patient, and she's very efficient at communicating instructions and calling in prescriptions.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is the best doctor I've ever had...I often say to friends and family that I wish Dr. Dicken could be my doctor for everything! It's a very difficult process, but I got better results each cycle and didn't give up because of her excellent care. She is very thorough, pragmatic, and individualizes treatment. She found a number of things that were missed by my previous doctor. She explains treatment and procedures, so that you know her rationale and what to expect. She always has recommendations to improve the next cycle, and her recommendations always are a good balance of proven treatments and the latest research.
Communicate openly and honestly with Dr. Dicken--she really listens and respects patient concerns, questions, and wishes. When she makes a recommendation or communicates test results (you'll never need to follow up to get test results on time!), she asks what questions you have rather than asking if you have any questions. I was open about some embarrassing things and never been met with judgement, which is very different from my experiences with other doctors. My results and overall experience were definitely been much better because of it.
My treatment was highly individualized, and my care was very hands-on. Dr. Dicken makes recommendations based on medical needs but takes your preferences and resources into consideration as well. Somehow, she managed to recite almost all my numerous test results and numbers off the top of her head during appointments. She always mentioned treatment costs upfront as well as potential savings. Since I prefer less medication, Dr. Dicken always explained why she recommends a new medication or increase in dosage. I appreciated that I was informed and involved in my healthcare decisions.
Dr. Dicken individualized my protocols and changed them as necessary based on my response and test results. I've done both natural and medicated transfer cycles. She added supplements and anticoagulants based on immune and clotting test results. She used protocols with letrozole and lupron to address my ongoing receptivity problems and abnormal uterine biopsy results. I got better results each cycle and finally was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie, who communicates test results and instructions, is absolutely wonderful! She's friendly and greets each patient, and she's very efficient at communicating instructions and calling in prescriptions. The other nurses (it's changed a bit) that meet with you before your cycle are less helpful and often get instructions and information incorrect.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They truly make the process as easy as possible for you. Everything runs on-time and almost seamlessly. Everyone, even doctors, email with you in record time. It's a warm, inviting environment, and staff take the time to get to know you. I'd never go anywhere else!
Luckily, my insurance covered the majority of my costs. I chose to do a few more experimental tests that weren't covered by insurance, but they weren't pushed on me and the costs were made clear upfront. I've had a few errors on my bills, but they've been cleared up pretty easily. The biggest hurdle was the initial financial consult, but everything has been fine since.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Wang is amazing and treats everyone with care and compassion. He spends so much time and energy on every patient. He sets such a high standard for all doctors to follow... He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. ...He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas.
They [Sher] are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though....Leslie was amazing - she got back to me quickly even after hours and on the weekends. I did remote monitoring so i didn't see many nurses in person but always helpful via email, over the phone or when I was there for procedures.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Wang is the best doctor I've ever had (and I had been to several other clinics before). He spends lots of time with you reviewing everything. He answers emails all day and night and provides in depth explanations. I never waited longer than a couple of hours for a response even when he was in another country! He is caring and compassionate. Very open to new ideas. He was the one that figured out I had silent endo and suggested a treatment path. Most other docs keep just doing ivf after ivf without trying to find what is wrong. I would recommend him to anyone. He is truly amazing and I'm so glad I found him!
You will not regret going to Dr Wang - he is amazing!!
He recommended the Yale EFT test to test for silent endo and then a 3 month course of lupron depot - I believe it helped me to be successful ultimately. He also was able to retrieve the most eggs from me (21 each time). Previous docs got at most 8. His stim method is slow and patient so it took a while but paid off.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are small which I like. You don't feel like a number - you get individualized care. Everyone seems to work after hours and on weekends to answer questions for you. The billing department can be disorganized though.
I was an out of town patient that monitored locally
20k per IVF cycle with PGS testing
We transferred 2 embryos since my egg quality is poor. It also costs me a lot to transfer each time so I liked that he was willing to transfer 2.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side...If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang....One thing ihat I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. ...) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night ....
[Nurse at Sher - Manh] always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away...the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000...I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If you have DOR or egg quality issues RUN to Dr Wang. I live in MA but traveled to NYC to cycle with him (did monitoring in Boston). I had 2 doctors in Boston tell me I might need donor eggs at 34 and with already having a naturally conceived child, and that seemed crazy. My first cycle in Boston was cancelled before retrieval due to no response (MGH). My second one in Boston got a good number of eggs for me (11) but nothing made it to day 5.... after this I wondered if I would never have another child. I read about Dr Wang on a fertility chat board and made a phone consult. What I loved about him is unlike the docs in Boston who had a very cookie cutter approach, he was willing to think out of the box. Like whereas they said I should do a 5 day transfer, he said sometimes those with quality issues do better on day 3 (which happened for me). While the Boston docs thought the problems were all me since my husband's sperm was always normal, he thought due to terrible quality of embryos on one cycle, it was worth doing a sperm DNA fragmentation test (which showed abnormality) and so we used PICSI in this cycle (no on in Bos would do it). He allowed HGH because while he agreed with Bos docs that it often doesn't help, it sometimes can, and when I told him I wanted to throw the kitchen sink at this, he said great..... His stance on many issues was "if it won't hurt and there's some evidence to suggest it will heko, let's do it" (eg giving me low dose prednisoe because i have an autoimmune disease) He responded to EVERY email I sent within 12 hours max, often in 20 mins. This includes emails sent in the middle of the night .... at other clinics the docs didn't even answer email, it was all filtered through nurses
Do not be afraid to ask him anything!!! he is very open minded
Dr Wang treats you like a human more than any doc I have ever experienced (and I have known a lot). He is honest but optimistic and understands the emotional side -- example, night before retrieval I freaked out when I had night sweats and worried my estrogen was dropping and I had ovulated. I emailed him at 2am!! HE emailed at like 5:30am saying it's probably fine but he gets I'm worried and we did a quick ultrasound before retrieval to be sure I hadn't ovulated (I had not)
Estrogen primed microdose lupron
always responded right away to email .... I did monitoring in Boston and she was in NYC and went above and beyond to get all my papers and info in right away. 1000% better than ppl at "top clinic" i went to in Boston
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I only went there for retrieval and transfer. I was surprised it wasn't more sleek/new/shiny but in the end that didnt matter .... if you travel from out of state it is very easy. we used hotels tonight to get cheap hotel
i had insurance coverage but believe the cycle was about $25K (it's expensive but worth it)... we paid out of pocket for PICSI at 1000
Given our horrible quality (never making a blast) and my insistence I was not doing IVF again (I had insurance coverage but emotionally could not handle it), and our saying we'd prefer twins to zero kids, we were aggressive. we transferred 4 day 3 embryos. We ended up with twins born healthy at 38 weeks
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She treated me for having overactive natural killer cells, PCOS and hormonal imbalance. Whether via email or in person, Dr. Dicken was readily available to me and my husband during a very challenging time...Dr. Dicken was responsive, attentive, patient and very accessible by phone, email or in person. She made me feel like I was her only patient...
The clinic’s strengths are that it has Flexible hours, great team, great with technology (e.g. email), resourceful (I.e. each doctor has their own expertise) , open minded (I.e. supportive of holistic measures like acupuncture) and comprehensive beyond just the medical/technical work involved (e.g. They have financial counseling)....
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken made me feel like I was her only patient. She was compassionate, accessible, has a strong command for her field and can explain things in terms that are easy for a non-medically trained person to understand. Dr. Dicken was the second doctor I saw after 2 failed IVF transfers with Greenwich Fertility and several IUI’s. On the first IVF transfer Dr. Dicken performed, I conceived. She treated me for having overactive natural killer cells, PCOS and hormonal imbalance. Whether via email or in person, Dr. Dicken was readily available to me and my husband during a very challenging time. We are grateful for our newborn son who was born just 13 months after our first time meeting with Dr. Dicken.
Ask as many questions as you must and avail yourself of asking questions of her via email or her team.
Progesterone, estradiol (to induce ovulation), Intralipids (to address natural killer cells), steroids (to address inflammation, Folgard (to address vitamin B deficiencies)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
Incredibly compassionate - I felt like Jackie felt everything I was going through personally and did everything she could to make me feel less alone.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Wang is the most caring, engaged, and dedicated doctor i have visited in 15 years of living in NYC. He takes as much time as needed to explain everything that is going on in your body (helpful for us non-medical professionals) and gives his candid evaluation in a straightforward but kind and patient way. His receptionists knew me by my first name, and his office is absolutely not a factory. He also is completely available and responsive by email, even once when he was on vacation and I called with a minor question that I thought another doctor would answer, he sent me an email.
This clinic is not a factory. The receptionists knew me by name and were always cordial and helpful. I always got the early appointments I wanted so that I could go to my monitoring before work, which was very helpful.... After not getting my period for 6 months I was prescribed three cycles of clomid by my OBGYN. After not getting pregnant i went to Dr. Wang, who immediately diagnosed me with PCOS. I went on to do three cycles of letrozole, and got pregnant on the third cycle with an injection to induce ovulation once the follicles were mature.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is a patient, kind doctor who treats you like a partner on the fertility journey. He explains everything and always treated me with the utmost respect. He shared equally in our disappointment when there were setbacks and in our happiness when I got pregnant. I always saw him (with the exception of one visit when he was on vacation).
Run, don't walk, to an appointment with him. You will not find someone more dedicated.
Kind and respectful.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had insurance coverage, but a high copay for the sonograms.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Dicken is up to date with the latest research, explains her opinion to our questions directly with the positives/negatives, shows compassion/empathy to the tough situation we are in, typically responds to our questions within hours, has a kind/understanding "bedside manner", remembers our preferences for almost every issue (e.g. preference for how medicated we want our cycle to be, how we prefer to take medication), is very sensitive to how we react to the medication, and basically goes ABOVE AND BEYOND IN EVERY SITUATION to provide excellent patient care.
It always feels very orderly and zen-like in the waiting area [at Sher]. The staff that picks up the phone/coordinates appointments are professional and efficient. The clinic's schedule is managed so well that I am simultaneously always able to get an appointment and yet there is never a wait to see the Dr...Dr. Dicken's nurse Jackie is efficient, friendly and caring. She answers all our questions promptly, takes extra time to send us our blood test results levels (our request) after every blood test (and there are many!) and efficiently executes tasks accurately e.g. calling in prescriptions and conveying doctor's response.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I wish I switched to Dr. Dicken sooner. Do not hesitate. She is an all around rock star in all aspects of patient care.
From the onset, Dr Dicken asked what our long term goals were and what we were willing to do to achieve them. She remembers practically every detail we've shared with her about issues ranging from our preference for non-medicated cycles to why we have a timing preference for our most recent planned transfer. She demonstrates empathy and always shares her professional opinion directly, kindly and without judgement.
Dr. Dicken monitored my results closely throughout the process and adjusted my protocol, as needed. Unlike my previous clinic, she was open to estrogen priming and allowed me to use the patch when the pill caused nausea.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It always feels very orderly and zen-like in the waiting area. The staff that picks up the phone/coordinates appointments are professional and efficient. The clinic's schedule is managed so well that I am simultaneously always able to get an appointment and yet there is never a wait to see the Dr.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Her strengths: she will answer emails in a timely manner. She seems like a nice person. Her weaknesses: very poor verbal communication skills. You may have to wait several days before receiving lab report. Dr. Dicken will call you herself. You will have no communication with the embryologist....Overall, Dr. Dicken disappointed us greatly. She failed to communicate important information to me and my partner several times which nearly cost us a cycle and caused emotional distress while we awaited our results FOR EIGHT DAYS! We also felt she didn't even take the time to read our notes before checking in with us during apts. Ie. In a conversation with me she did not remember my partner's name nor the fact that we'd opted for PICSI. I am also very concerned that the lab did not provide me with an embryology report---vital information for our next cycle.
Neither Dr. Dicken nor her team [at Sher] communicated with me or my partner for 8 days while we waited for the embryology report. An IVF clinic will typically provide you information about embryo growth at days 2, 3, 5, and 6. Not the case here. On the morning of day 8 she called me to tell me all embryos had suddenly arrested on day 3. However, she said she was not sure she could provide me or my partner with an embryology report because she wasn't sure the embryologist had even taken notes on day 3! It is important to note that I froze my eggs with Dr. Dicken two years ago. I had great results---18 eggs retrieved and 14 eggs frozen. I also had 6 eggs frozen from another clinic. We attempted to thaw and fertilize these 20 eggs along with the fresh cycle. I received a call from Dr. Dicken letting me know that only 25 percent of my eggs had properly tha
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I will say that I am impressed with Dr. Dicken's ability to help us improve our egg quantity during a cycle that was initially bound for failure. We had 8 eggs retrieved after she greatly lengthened our protocol. That said, I have read that longer stim protocols more often result in poorer outcomes. I wish she had iterated that information to us in order to help us make a decision about continuing with the cycle. Overall, Dr. Dicken disappointed us greatly. She failed to communicate important information to me and my partner several times which nearly cost us a cycle and caused emotional distress while we awaited our results FOR EIGHT DAYS! We also felt she didn't even take the time to read our notes before checking in with us during apts. Ie. In a conversation with me she did not remember my partner's name nor the fact that we'd opted for PICSI. I am also very concerned that the lab did not provide me with an embryology report---vital information for our next cycle.
Dr. Dicken informed us that we could have local monitoring (in conjunction with care at Sher) since we live in another state. However, neither the Sher medical team nor my local clinic techs communicated with one another throughout day 5 of my monitoring cycle. I had to call Sher several times to ensure the ultrasound and blood test results were received and read by my RE. In addition, when we arrived at Sher NYC for day 8 monitoring apt, Dr. Dicken said that she only saw 3 large follicles. She said that had been given more information by the local clinic (i.e. follicle sizes measuring under 10mm) then she would have known my follicles were not properly aligned and would have suggested I be placed on a full week of estrogen priming prior to the cycle. However, Dr. Dicken and her team failed to communicate this information to me or to my local clinic during the first 7 days of my cycle. As a result, I nearly cancelled this retrieval. Neither Dr. Dicken nor her team communicated with me or my partner for 8 days while we waited for the embryology report. An IVF clinic will typically provide you information about embryo growth at days 2, 3, 5, and 6. Not the case here. On the morning of day 8 she called me to tell me all embryos had suddenly arrested on day 3. However, she said she was not sure she could provide me or my partner with an embryology report because she wasn't sure the embryologist had even taken notes on day 3! It is important to note that I froze my eggs with Dr. Dicken two years ago. I had great results---18 eggs retrieved and 14 eggs frozen. I also had 6 eggs frozen from another clinic. We attempted to thaw and fertilize these 20 eggs along with the fresh cycle. I received a call from Dr. Dicken letting me know that only 25 percent of my eggs had properly thawed! She said she didn't know why---possible poor lab conditions (and 14 of my eggs were vitrified at Sher) or poor egg quality. Again, she couldn't give me a clear answer.
Estrogen priming (although not primed for long enough) 225 Gonal F, 75 menopur, ganirelix 16 day stim cycle because my follicles were many different sizes
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian)
Nurse was extremely organized and thorough. She was very busy and hard to reach but overall I enjoyed my experience with her.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Clinic is small boutique style which is nice. Compare this embryology lab to some of the more reputable clinics: NYU, CCRM Colorado, Cornell. Their SART rates are much higher. In retrospect, I regret not choosing another clinic regardless of my outcome because at least I would trust my eggs/embryos were in good hands!
14.5 K and 5 K for medications
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were extremely disappointed that she wasn't direct about the pros and cons of day 3/day 5 transfer. Also, had I known my embryos would arrest on day 3 I would have opted for this option. Since the embryologists do not check the embryos on day 2 there is no option for day 3 transfer if you opt for day 5.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Wang is very responsive. He takes his time to answer all the questions. Does not rush. After each setback he is eager to learn from the past and do testing to assure positive results in the future. I feel like he really cares to help me...Leslie was very responsive and I felt I could always email her with any questions. She send the prescriptions to my pharmacy promptly. She even helped me with getting some paperwork from my previous doctor. Leslie kept me organized by sending me detailed calendar with each medication dosage and appointment/blood test scheduled. She would follow up with new calendar if anything changed. Leslie spend an hour with me showing me how to administer each shot or each medication by myself which made me very confident when I had to do it at home. She also send me some video links in case I forgot.
Clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded...Leslie was very responsive and I felt I could always email her with any questions. She send the prescriptions to my pharmacy promptly. She even helped me with getting some paperwork from my previous doctor. Leslie kept me organized by sending me detailed calendar with each medication dosage and appointment/blood test scheduled. She would follow up with new calendar if anything changed. Leslie spend an hour with me showing me how to administer each shot or each medication by myself which made me very confident when I had to do it at home. She also send me some video links in case I forgot.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Try this doctor because you will not go wrong with him. Be as open as you can about your concerns or symptoms.
Dr. Wang was very accessible to answer all my questions. I could call him as well as email him with any updates or questions and he responded right away, most of the time within an hour or two.
injectible drugs before the egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Clinic is very organized. Appointments are on time. I never waited more than 10 minutes and most of the time my wait was less than 5 minutes. Staff is pleasant. The waiting room is clean and not crowded.
Dr. Wang educated me on eSET vs multiple embryo transfer not once but each time before the decision needed to be made. He left the decision to me and my husband. He was NOT preferring one over the other. Dr. Wang would not transfer more than 2.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets...Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he d
The billing system here [at Sher Fertility of New York] is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while...I did my monitoring remotely, so I can't talk about the monitoring appointments at SIRM-NYC. However, I CAN say that for remote patients, Dr. Wang and his office do a great job of getting results and orders handled and providing feedback within several hours.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Switching to Dr. Wang after my original doctor gave me the donor egg speech was like switching between night and day. He was candid about his expectations and limitations and was the first to say he was cautiously optimistic. He doesn't make promises, but he works the hardest anyone can to help you bring home a baby. He's also incredibly articulate, which my husband and I found invaluable as both of us are fact driven people who want to know as much as possible in order to feel secure about our choices. Dr. Wang always answered questions well the first time so I didn't have to ask for further clarification or wonder what he meant or feel like he didn't understand my question. With Dr. Wang, I go to sleep at night knowing that we're in excellent hands and even if we don't end up having children, we both know we tried everything and won't have regrets.
No question is off limit with him. He's open to everything and will give you feedback as to why or why not he thinks it's a good option. I wish I'd switched to him sooner, so I'd encourage everyone who is wondering if they should get a second opinion to go ahead and do it sooner than later.
Dr. Wang always took time to explain his thoughts and to answer any questions thoroughly. He never rushed me and never left me wondering what he meant or what the plan was. He also has an incredibly thoughtful personality and I truly felt like he was seriously invested in getting us pregnant and taking home a baby. He also remembered little bits about me that weren't pertinent to our fertility, which also made me feel like a real person and not just another patient. I also know for fact that his other patients also feel the same way as I've talked with several of them.
We failed to implant after transferring 3 nearly perfect looking day 3 embyros so he recommended doing the Yale EFT test. My results came back abnormal so we did the lupron depot 3 month suppression to help suppress my estrogen and essentially give the uterine lining a break and chance to "reset." We banked for two cycles before starting the lupron though, b/c with my DOR, there was a chance it would be hard to cycle afterwards and also b/c we wanted to make sure I could make blasts before undergoing the depot treatment. We then went straight into frozen transfer after the suppression phase was over and had a chemical; our first time implanting. We'll continue with more transfers.
Quick to reply via email, quick to send in meds, etc.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The billing system here is very frustrating in that they're very slow to file claims and don't always get it done right the first time. That said, it's worth the price of admission to see Dr. Wang, so don't let it discourage you. Just be prepared to not get bills right away and to sometimes get improper bills. The finance department always gets it sorted out, but it takes a while.
I had insurance for the year I did retrievals, but the out of pocket cost for FETs is 3800, not including monitoring visits.
Dr. Wang will support eSET or multiple. He encouraged us to try multiple embryo transfers given my past history of poor implantation.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
It's important to always check your protocol calendar and make sure it's what you and your doctor discussed. Once or twice I had to clarify some discrepancies between Dr. Wang and what Leslie had put on the calendar. Not a big deal for me, but for someone who isn't familiar with medicine or comfortable with emailing Dr. Wang, they might've done the wrong med/dose/etc.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The doctor [Dr. Tortoriello] communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions...He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so...He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring.
[Sher] Strengths: quick communication, billing was smooth (I have insurance), easy to make appointments in the near future. I only had to wait a long time in the waiting room once, and it was in the weekend so I didn't care too much...I actually never met the primary nurse on my doctor's team because She only spoke by phone to my husband (I had a meeting at work) and she wasn't available when I had my injections class. But she was great over email and the nurse I met at the injections class and at my retrieval was warm and organized.
He explains things calmly and in detail. I saw him at every visit except one weekend monitoring. I trust his judgement and results were close to what he had predicted. For my 2nd round I requested he change one aspect of treatment and he agreed to do so. He responds to emails very quickly which reassures me that my treatment is important.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and explain your ideal outcome. Initially he didnt recommend PGS testing but when we explained we wanted to bank frozen embryos he agreed PGS testing would be beneficial. I'm glad we made that choice.
The doctor communicates quickly by email -like within the half hour- to answer any questions. The support staff also responds quickly and with empathy.
He recommended a mid amount of medication for my poor egg quality and dimished ovarian resserve. He didn't change anything during monitoring. I only got 1 PGS embryo but I guess egg quality was a little worse than expected. He recommended ICSI and DNA sperm fragmentation for my husband because of low morphology.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra suddal)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My insurance paid for most of it, except retrieval anesthesia ($625) plus cost of PGS testing. I paid copays for office visits and medications. Calls with dr were $75 (not covered by insurance). Injections meeting with nurse cost $100. We had to pay co-pays on all testing. DNA sperm fragmentation test was not covered by insurance.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We told him we were very against twins so he didn't recommend iui or clomid. So he knows we would never transfer more than one embryo.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. O'Shaughnessy is very experienced and authoritative. She made me feel at ease after a bad experience at another clinic. She is very matter of fact, which for me, works well. She gives the facts and doesn't necessarily add much color commentary. She is responsive by email and also makes time available to talk on the phone...Dr. O'Shaughnessy is very real, upfront, and while not warm and fuzzy, she is responsive, and knows you and your issues and the plan.
Sher (SIRM) is a much smaller clinic than most in NYC but is still very highly rated. The best part is the you always see your doctor...[Nurse] Marian could be a little disorganized and on several occasions did send me calendars and medication details that were not reflective of what the doctor and I had spoken about. She is super responsive on email and quick to check with the doctor and correct the details... The outward appearance of the clinic is not the most modern - they could probably use a little office face lift, but the quality of the care makes up for that. The reception and nursing staffs are kind and familiar.
Don't expect warm and fuzzy or humor. She's very pragmatic and straightforward.
Sher is a much smaller clinic. I had previously been at RMA and was very happy with the level of engagement you get with only your doctor. Dr. O'Shaughnessy is very real, upfront, and while not warm and fuzzy, she is responsive, and knows you and your issues and the plan.
1 IVF - Gonal F (150) / Menopur (75) / Omnitrope protocol. Day 5 of monitoring showed only 3 follicles. Decision to convert to IUI cycle due to low response. - IUI not successful. Diagnosis - diminished ovarian reserve 2 IVF - Estace pre-cycle // Letrazole / Gonal F (150) - "estrogen primed cycle" - introduced Menopur later in the cycle. Ganirellex. Trigger shot. 5 follicles retrieved. 3 fertilized (donor sperm) // 1 arrested at day 3 // 2 arrested at day 5. None made it for PGS testing. 3 IVF - about to begin // will use Ganirellex prior to cycle day 1 in hopes of getting more even growth across follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian Gerges)
Marian could be a little disorganized and on several occasions did send me calendars and medication details that were not reflective of what the doctor and I had spoken about. She is super responsive on email and quick to check with the doctor and correct the details. But I did need to be super on top of it and reconfirm everything. She is very very kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher (SIRM) is a much smaller clinic than most in NYC but is still very highly rated. The best part is the you always see your doctor. Your doctor does all your monitoring, your retrievals, your transfers - unlike some of the bigger clinics where the doctors all rotate. I think when you're dealing with multiple cycles and poor responses, this type of connection is so important. The outward appearance of the clinic is not the most modern - they could probably use a little office face lift, but the quality of the care makes up for that. The reception and nursing staffs are kind and familiar. They accommodate appointments easily. It may not seem like an important detail, but there is never a packed waiting room so you don't feel like you're being herded through like I have felt in other places. The doctors are still busy and dealing with lots of patients, but you very much feel like a patient and not a number when you're at Sher.
I have $25k Lifetime coverage through United Healthcare which Sher accepts. I gave a $1k deposit to cover all office copays at the start of my cycle. My medication is coverage through my medical insurance - minus $3k deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The only thing I had go wrong is sometimes the daily email from the nurse with meds and calendars was conflicting with what I had discussed with the doctor. It was always corrected, but I had to be paying close attention.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
In general I feel like the office [at Sher] is disorganized. I had to call or email in often to follow up about whether they had received paperwork, tests I had done, verified my insurance, ordering meds, scheduling my nurse and financial consults, etc. A lot of necessary tests were not ordered until the last minute which I found annoying considering I was signed up with the doctor months before. It was almost like having a second full time job trying to keep tabs on what the office staff had or hadn't received on my behalf and when things were supposed to be done or ordered. In the end it all worked out, and I think we should be set for our future cycles, but it was definitely a headache. Thankfully the doctor and embryology have their act together, which is the most important with all this.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is incredibly kind and compassionate. He listens and involves me and my husband with every step of the journey. How many doctors can you email personally and who actually find the time to write you back? I can tell you at least in my experienc - one! And it's Dr. Wang. He has gone above and beyond to help us, and I will never go to another doctor. I feel like we are partners in my care. I can't say enough about him. Just go to him - you won't regret it.
Be prepared to work with the best doctor in your life.
Dr. Wang is the best doctor I've ever had. Beginning with our consult, he welcomed us recording the session. He gave us some great advise and came up with a game plan right then. He never and still has never uttered the words "donor egg", even with now 5 IVF failures. We left there and he wrote down his personal email address to write him with any questions. Over the next month and a half, even while getting treatment elsewhere, we were in constant email communication with him and he provided guidance every step of the way. He always responds quickly and never makes me feel like any question is crazy or stupid. He has looked for, tested, and found issues that no other doctor thought to check before. I live 7 hours away and he is worth every second of the drive to see him. With my other doctors, I was stressed and frustrated because I never thought they listened or cared. Jeff is a true one in a million, and I will be eternally grateful for having found him.
For my 5th IVF and first with Dr. Wang, he recommended estrogen priming with a lower dose stim protocol for me with my DOR. We also tried HGH. He said HGH will help 20-30% of people get better eggs, so it is worth a try. From that we got 10 eggs - more than ever retrieved, and 4 fertilized - more than I ever had fertilize. Unfortunately the quality was the same as all my other tries - highly fragmented and only 3-4 cells. So the HGH didn't help me in my case but I'm glad we tried. He tested my husband for DNA fragmentation to see if that could be a reason for poor embryo growth (he was normal). He also recommended I get an EFT test, which showed I had receptivity issues. From there he recommended I get a laparoscopy to see whether I might have endometriosis, which could potentially cause the receptivity issues. Sure enough, they found the endometriosis during the lap, which was removed. Knowing this, he may have discovered why we've had such trouble all along - no other doctor suggested looking into whether I had endometriosis. So now we are going to try a new protocol to tackle that somewhat and hope we get different results.
Leslie gets back to me quickly, just like Dr. Wang. However sometimes it takes a lot of back and forth to get a simple answer done. I feel like I need to follow up a lot to make sure things aren't forgotten or to make sure things are received. Often she'll tell me something wasn't received, so I have to call my local doctor or pharmacy and they will tell me it was sent, so there's a lot of back and forth and then Leslie will find it. I don't know if that's her fault or if maybe the office is not so organized in general.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
SIRM has a lovely, modern waiting room. As for the pre-op and operating rooms, I found them a bit outdated. I was surprised that the operating room was separated by just a curtain from the hallway, and I remember looking at a lot of messy shelves in the OR while I was waiting for the anesthesiologist. But in the end, it isn't pretty ORs or facilities or even the nurses or office staff that make a place great - it's the doctors and the lab that are going to get you your baby. And with Dr. Wang and the embryologists at SIRM NY, you've got a winning combo.
Everything was billed to my insurance - I haven't received any bills yet. We did pay ~$1,000 for various testing that was not covered by insurance.
For my poor embryos, I think we would have transferred 2. But mine didn't develop well enough to have that conversation.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
In general I feel like the office is disorganized. I had to call or email in often to follow up about whether they had received paperwork, tests I had done, verified my insurance, ordering meds, scheduling my nurse and financial consults, etc. A lot of necessary tests were not ordered until the last minute which I found annoying considering I was signed up with the doctor months before. It was almost like having a second full time job trying to keep tabs on what the office staff had or hadn't received on my behalf and when things were supposed to be done or ordered. In the end it all worked out, and I think we should be set for our future cycles, but it was definitely a headache. Thankfully the doctor and embryology have their act together, which is the most important with all this.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy.... I have endometriosis so approximately six weeks before my most successful cycle, I had my second laparoscopic excision. The month prior to the cycle, I primed with HGH (Omnitrope), BCP, and Femara. During the cycle, I used Gonal-F (low dose), HGH, and added low dose HCG at the end. I triggered with Lupron. I also did a two day transfer of embryos as my history suggests my body is a better place then the lab for our embryos to grow. I typically produce many eggs but struggle to make blastocysts. With this cycle, I produced about 17 eggs. We transferred five day-two embryos and froze five blastocysts (combination of day 5 & 6).
Dr. Wang is the clinic's [Sher- NY] strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.... Dr. Wang is an exceptional doctor. He genuinely cares for his patients and responds thoroughly to every question (not matter how seemingly insignificant) with care and concern. He takes his time to understand your case and never forgets a detail about you.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang was a gift to my husband and I after four very difficult pregnancy losses. He created a unique plan that was tailored to our case that helped us to generate many more embryos than previous cycles and resulted in a pregnancy. He responded to every question I asked with care and helped me to truly understand the reasons behind my treatments/care. Dr. Wang is one of a kind and his care is unparalleled. He is an incredible combination of scientist, practitioner, and counselor. I have never met a doctor with better "bed-side manner." We could not survive infertility/RPL without him. He has your back and will see you through.
If Dr. Wang is an option for your family, do not hesitate.
Leslie was very responsive to questions, prescription requests, etc. She and Dr. Wang make a great team.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Wang is the clinic's strength. I have heard good things about their embryologist and lab as well. Billing practices and cost of treatments/cycles is very expensive and prohibitive.
Insurance covered my IVF cycles. Some medications used in my care were deemed experimental so I had to pay out of pocket.
Dr. Wang made his decision about the number of embryos to transfer based on my history and past cycles. Other doctors would have only allowed one embryo given my age.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

I see Dr. Dicken for EVERY SINGLE THING - meetings, follow-ups, consultations, every single morning monitoring, egg retrieval, etc. If I ever have any questions - big or little - I email her and she responds directly to me within 24 hours. It's been amazing. Such great, personal care...Since she is so good at answering questions - bring ALL the questions you have! She will give you her honest, professional opinion. If you have a wild idea or heard of a new thing, mention it - she's open to talking about everything and seems to understand how hard and complex this is. She may stick to her professional assessment, but always worth mentioning anything and everything that crosses your mind.
[Nurses at SHER] They are all very nice, friendly and compassionate. They work pretty efficiently as well...It's a small clinic with personal care... At Sher, we feel very much seen. One time they messed up our consultation appointment time and that was annoying. But that was the only bump, logistically. The facilities are nice as well. I don't feel "gross" going there. I feel comfortable...It's a small clinic - only 4 total doctors...Freezing and boring embryos was about $80/month.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is great. She took the time in our first consultation to review our charts (from another clinic), give us her opinion and talk about ALL the options - something we did not get at our previous clinic. She is open-minded, caring, thorough and very responsive to all our questions in person and via emails. I feel very taken care of in a personal way with her.
It's a small clinic - only 4 total doctors. And I see Dr. Dicken for EVERY SINGLE THING - meetings, follow-ups, consultations, every single morning monitoring, egg retrieval, etc. If I ever have any questions - big or little - I email her and she responds directly to me within 24 hours. It's been amazing. Such great, personal care.
I did an antagonist protocol. I did a week of estrogen priming in hopes of creating good quality, uniform eggs. I did FSH only to start then added menopur. I did about 14 days (longer than originally expected) of stims to create as many follicles as possible. We also did ICSI and PGS. She also had me take a lot of supplements and antioxidants - CoQ10, Fertilaid, Vitamin C, D, Red wine extract.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Yisraela)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a small clinic with personal care - this is what we needed after being at Columbia where we never knew who we would see and did not get to really know our primary doctor and vice versa. At Sher, we feel very much seen. One time they messed up our consultation appointment time and that was annoying. But that was the only bump, logistically. The facilities are nice as well. I don't feel "gross" going there. I feel comfortable.
The first cycle was covered by our insurance. The next one we will wither choose 1 IVF with ICSI and1 FET for $13,000 (not including PGS) or two IVFs with ISCI and unlimited FETs for $26,000. Roughly. I believe the PGS was about $2,000. Freezing and boring embryos was about $80/month.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfers - after PGS tested - for best results
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
One time they messed up a consultation appointment - they had it down fro the wrong day. We took off work to get there only to be turned away. They tried to see if Dr. Dicken could see us, but she couldn't. So we had to reschedule.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken was consistently warm and friendly, while still being honest and frank about our chances. She remembered me and the details our my history from appointment to appointment and answered emails quickly...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
It's a small clinic [Sher Manhattan], which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, Dr. Dicken was warm, friendly, available and kept my feelings in mind during a difficult time. She didn't withhold information or try to sugar coat anything, but she was clearly rooting for our success. At another clinic, I sometimes felt like their course of action was motivated more by their need to keep up their success rates.
I'm not sure -- I really felt like I received good care. I was transferring embryos from another clinic and I wish I'd done a better job of keeping all the details of all of my testing clear, but that is more a statement about my own level of disorganization. Dr. Dicken was thorough and considered all the aspects of my history.
They were all very kind and encouraging. Again, I felt like a human at every turn. I will say I found it much easier to communicate via phone than email.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a small clinic, which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating.
My insurance covered 80% of the cost of the transfer. Some of the drugs weren't covered.
Dr. Dicken suggested we transfer only one embryo rather than the two we had to choose from b/c of my history of miscarriages.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello is very patient and is truly your doctor. He spent about 70 minutes with me at our first visit and he went over all the options and treatments. I asked him about PDG testing and he said it was an option but for me with such low egg number it might be best to just implant any healthy looking day 5 embryo. He really listened and he also did all my procedures...all of them. He also is great with emails...The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse
The strength is the doctors [Tortoriello] professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants [at Sher] and they were all friendly enough...I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule...Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work.
Dr. T was my first fertility doctor. (i saw one before him like a consult but never followed through because it was like a meat factory. ) I can't imagine any improvement except for the fact that his monitoring starts later than I was expecting, so i had to make some plans at work to accomodate that. Totally worth it though because I got to see him each time.
Just listen to him, and don't be afraid to ask any questions because he is very happy to answer them all.
I did not do a lot of medicine as my egg count is low. The first time I used a pill with gonal-F 150. The second time I did no pills but increased gonal to 250 I think. Over 2 cycles i made 2 blasts. i transferred one frozen blast and that took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay called and emailed me often. She is the sweetest nurse I ever met, and I have met many in my line of work. She would even call me after emails I would send late at night sometimes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The strength is the doctors professionalism and compassion, and the same is true for his nurse. i saw many medical assistants and they were all friendly enough. The lab must also be good too as I got pregnant.
I had scheduled appointments for each visit. As I left the office I would book the next one. Sometimes I would have a time that was later than I wanted, but they would always manage to work with my work schedule. Once Dr. T waited to see me at 5:30pm !
Just co-pays. Everything was covered. My requirement for inseminations was waived because of our combined issues....too many to count it seemed.
I had 2 blasts and he recommended one at a time. Good advice as it took !
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them...it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight...SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone The staff also seemed relaxed... SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them. I wasn't sure if I would care one way or the other, since in the first clinic I went to, the monitoring was done by techs and I loved those ladies, in the end I think I felt more comfortable with Dr. T doing the monitoring simply because it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
I recommend Dr. T, and from limited interaction with the other two doctors, all of the doctors at this clinic without reservation. They ALL come across as very serious and caring.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight. Unlike the first clinic I went to, there were never more than one or two other women waiting at any given time. The staff also seemed relaxed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra and Leslie)
The nurses are very organized about follow-ups, and are 100% available via email. I never had to wait more than an hour or so to get a response back to a question, and often it was within minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
In contrast to the first clinic I went to, SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone (again, in contrast to my first clinic). The doctors do their own monitoring visits, so the only thing support staff do is blood. It's all very very calm and professional. Secondly, SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
Monitoring (each visit) $525 Egg retrieval $2400 ICSI $2400 PICSI $1000 Embryo culture $1500 Extended culture $1500 PGD biopsy $500 per embryo Cryo $1000 Storage $80 FET - ? haven't seen the bill yet
I don't recall what Dr. T had to say about multiple transfer - I was never going to do more than single embryo transfer and it was never an issue since I only had one normal embryo post-PGS
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
There was just one visit when I was supposed to have two sets of tests and I ended up having to go back the next day because they hadn't taken blood for the 2nd test. That said, they make the time work for me and clearly told me it was their mistake.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Strengths [of Sher]: Scheduled appointments (no early morning blood draws). Front desk staff was efficient. Care coordinator is amazing! Weaknesses: Not all doctors are created equal. Not all doctors will be as great as yours. (Pray your Doctor shows up on the day of your procedure).... My coordinator was Jacqueline. All of the support staff are helpful and nice. Jacqueline responded to me immediately. She had a big smile every time I saw her. I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about her.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
At our initial meeting, I thought Dr. Dicken was incredible (she still is). She was knowledgeable with just the right amount of empathy and professionalism. We went into detail about my concerns. On the day that we met, I got a surprise positive pregnancy test. I emailed Dr. Dicken and asked if I could use the progesterone that she had prescribed for my upcoming IUI. She responded quickly and gave me the go-ahead to use the progesterone. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Once my first period showed, I went back to SIRM for the IUI. Dr. Dicken was available for the first ultrasound. She explained that she would be out of office over the weekend and that I would see another doctor. Dr. O’Shaughnessy was neither warm nor patient centered. She gave me minimal information during the ultrasound. It felt very impersonal. Still, I figured its only one appointment. I was called that afternoon and told to trigger the next day and come in 2 days after. In that time, I emailed Dr. Dicken about my positive OPK. She assured me that I wasn't ovulating yet. I apologized profusely for constantly emailing her. I was having a tough time. She never responded to my email. Okay. I figured I was going to be seeing her anyway. On the morning of the IUI, I was told that the Doctor was with someone else and would be with me soon. I was taken to a room to undress. I was very surprised to see Dr. O’Shaughnessy walk in. I was baffled. One of the reasons I chose SIRM was the fact that they did things differently. Now, I understand that emergencies happen. What was confusing to me was why no one could let me know that my Doctor was not available. Dr. O’Shaughnessy was very rough. This was my third and most painful IUI ever. She didn't even say what she was doing. She just rammed the speculum and catheter inside of me. She gave me no instruction (even about the progesterone). Didn't tell me how long to lay down for either. I didn't even hear a good luck. I waited 20 minutes, dressed and left quietly. Downstairs in the car, I cried my eyes out. I guess my doctor was busy with another procedure. I just felt like my procedure was not important. She did the old bait and switch on me and I did not appreciate it. The whole "patient centered" thing is nonsense. I don't think I'll even bother going in for beta.
Communication is key. Ask questions and don't let yourself be treated like cattle. Being told that she would be unavailable would have allowed me to be informed and aware of the changes. That is important to women dealing with infertility as we already have little control over most things.
At first, everything was perfect. The structure of visits was totally different than the factories I was used to going to. Unfortunately, it ended up being like most places I have been to. Impersonal and another number.
150 of Menopur. Trigger shot of Ovidrel. Only one follicle. In the two week wait.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths: Scheduled appointments (no early morning blood draws). Front desk staff was efficient. Care coordinator is amazing! Weaknesses: Not all doctors are created equal. Not all doctors will be as great as yours. (Pray your Doctor shows up on the day of your procedure) Also, they need better monitoring equipment (you can not see what they see on ultrasound. In other clinics, there is a tv on the wall so you can view it too. No justified system where you can find your bloodwork results (you have to ask your coordinator to give you details).
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
My Doctor did not show up to my procedure. Instead, another doctor who did not give me pertinent information and had a terrible bed side manner.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The nurses and front desk [Sher Fertility NY] were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.... From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with compassion. The nurses knew my name, which made it feel like a comfortable place to be. My doctor was available, direct, but would consoul me when I needed it. I truly have wonderful memories from my experience, I can not think of any weaknesses.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is an amazing doctor. She was constantly present wether it was during a visit, over the phone and through email. She answered every question clearly and non-judgmental can, even if it was a question that I had asked a ton of times before. I felt she truly understood what U was going through not only medically and emotionally and handle it in a delicate manner but still direct and professionally. When I found out I was pregnant she was just as excited for me. I thought that was amazing because she sees so many people. But I felt I was the only one.
No matter what you are thinking or feeling tell Dr. Dicken. She is understanding and kind. Dr. Dicken wants the same outcome as you and she truly cares.
from the moment I walked in to Dr.Dickens office I was treated with such kindness. She was direct, but had a nice way of speaking to me. I left her office hopeful.
We used clomid to help with the folicals.
The nurses and front desk were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I would only have to pay our copay and for the shots, which were around $300. We also had to pay for some tests.