425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

Dr. Dicken is approachable, direct and very up to date on recent developments in fertility technology. I had done a lot of research which she was very open to discussing. She’s also reachable via email and responds within 24 hours normally.... Trustworthy and knowledgeable. I saw her at every appointment. Very communicative and able to be reached directly via email. Only negative I can think of is the appointments are short / can sometimes feel slightly rushed.
This [Sher Fertility of NY] is a boutique clinic that makes you feel confident in your investment, both from a financial and time standpoint. You can book monitoring appointments which is a huge plus for anyone who’s also been treated at a “farm” like NYU or RMA. Only downside is some issues with billing - this department is not as organized as the doctors and nurses and I had some misunderstandings which had to be sorted out. Make sure you’re familiar with your coverage and are billed as such.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
SIRM patients are often those who’ve not seen success elsewhere, so feel free to do research and come armed with what you’re looking for (how aggressive you’d like to move, concerns, etc).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Letrezole, Ovidrel, IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Nursing staff was very nice, organized and compassionate. They tended to rotate between doctors so I often saw different staff.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a boutique clinic that makes you feel confident in your investment, both from a financial and time standpoint. You can book monitoring appointments which is a huge plus for anyone who’s also been treated at a “farm” like NYU or RMA. Only downside is some issues with billing - this department is not as organized as the doctors and nurses and I had some misunderstandings which had to be sorted out. Make sure you’re familiar with your coverage and are billed as such.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$1000-2000 for IUI and medication
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Billing issues
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. T[ortoriello] is the most honest fertility doctor I dealt with. I was a confusing case and he worked his hardest to find a way for me to become pregnant. He did not beat around the bush and was always up front about his thoughts and plans. He has a very dry sense of humor that I loved every time I saw him. He talked me like a peer not a patient. He knew how informed was about situation and never talked down to me. We always had collaborative conversations about my situation...He took time to review my situation and come up with personalized treatment. It was not cookie cutter.
my biggest issues with the office [Sher Fertility of New York] were with the staff. The nurses were not always correct about my medications and doses, but I was very knowledgeable and knew there were mistakes...I don’t think I had any major problems just little hiccups that were frustrating...There were many more strengths than weaknesses...Dr T[ortoriello] always made exceptions for me to come in for monitoring in the afternoons to accommodate my work schedule...He took time to review my situation and come up with personalized treatment. It was not cookie cutter.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. T is the most honest fertility doctor I dealt with. I was a confusing case and he worked his hardest to find a way for me to become pregnant. He did not beat around the bush and was always up front about his thoughts and plans. He has a very dry sense of humor that I loved every time I saw him. He talked me like a peer not a patient. He knew how informed was about situation and never talked down to me. We always had collaborative conversations about my situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He’s very honest and has a dry sense of humor that could take some getting used to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I have not been a patient in the office for 4 years but back then my biggest issues with the office were with the staff. The nurses were not always correct about my medications and doses, but I was very knowledgeable and knew there were mistakes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
When I was a patient 4 years ago, the only weakness was the lack of compassion from some of the staff. There were many more strengths than weaknesses. I loved that I always saw Dr T. I never saw another doctor for anything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr T always made exceptions for me to come in for monitoring in the afternoons to accommodate my work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had insurance
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr Dicken has always been very clear in her explanations and our expectations. She is been very easy to reach via phone or email and answered all of our questions in a very understandable way. She is also been very supportive from an emotional point of view...Thru frequent monitoring she adjusted my medications and stopped treatments if not worth it.
The entire team at [Sher Fertility Solutions New York] was easy to reach via phone or email. All the explanations along the way were very clear and communicated very well...The environment is nice and clean. The front-desk has been friendly and helpful. The wait was minimal and they were always trying to accommodate my schedule. They also took very good precautions during the Covid-19 epidemic.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Dicken has always been very clear in her explanations and our expectations. She is been very easy to reach via phone or email and answered all of our questions in a very understandable way. She is also been very supportive from an emotional point of view. She gave us hope but at the same time she is been very "real".
Ask any questions!
Felt very comfortable with Dr. Dicken. Her explanations were very easy to understand.
She managed my treatments very well. Thru frequent monitoring she adjusted my medications and stopped treatments if not worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The entire team at sher was easy to reach via phone or email. All the explanations along the way were very clear and communicated very well.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
approximately 60K for (3) cycles.
Dr Dicken tried to retrieve as many good eggs as possible.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello shows compassion and kindness towards his patients. He takes his time to explain everything when evaluating or consulting with you and is very genuine...He is always looking out for his patients best interest and presents with a calm demeanor that has made a difficult situation much less stressful..
SHER had a nice and clean atmosphere. They had morning and weekend appointments available which was very helpful for me since I do not live in Manhattan. The front desk and nursing staff was always kind and helpful...Nurses were always very responsive and there to assist with questions...SHER is a little more expensive than other fertility centers, however it is worth it for the care you get.
Dr Tortoriello is the best fertility doctor there is!! He is very knowledgeable and thorough in his diagnosis/treatment process and explains everything about your evaluation and treatment. He is always looking out for his patients best interest and presents with a calm demeanor that has made a difficult situation much less stressful.
I would advise prospective patients to see Dr Tortoriello and trust his recommendations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia )
SHER staff was always kind. You were always greeted with a kind word or smile. Nurses were always very responsive and there to assist with questions
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. T is absolutely amazing! From Day 1 in his office, he cared and wanted us to succeed-not for the “win” for his office or for the $. He wanted us to finally have a baby and succeed-for us. I couldn’t recommend him any more. He is truly a miracle worker...He actually believed in reproductive immunology-wherein all my issues were in the end. He tried everything and anything for us…and it all worked!
They’re simply fantastic [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York]! The only issue was that I live in NJ and the clinic is in NY…I made it work and every commute was worth it. The office staff was always helpful with commuting help, what parking garage to use, etc...Dr. T and his staff are AMAZING! Everyone knew my name and my story for every visit and phone call. My husband and I felt like he truly cared and wanted us to be successful.
Dr. T is absolutely amazing! From Day 1 in his office, he cared and wanted us to succeed-not for the “win” for his office or for the $. He wanted us to finally have a baby and succeed-for us. I couldn’t recommend him any more. He is truly a miracle worker!!!
Just see him! He figured out a plan for us that resulted in our baby. Previous doctors had openly given up on us, but never him. We’re eternally grateful.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They’re simply fantastic! The only issue was that I live in NJ and the clinic is in NY…I made it work and every commute was worth it. The office staff was always helpful with commuting help, what parking garage to use, etc.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Helpful and responsive...professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T[ortoriello] and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend...sometimes it was hard to follow email trails because correspondence would come from multiple nurses...[Dr. Tortoriello] was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been...bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Dr.T was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been.
Dr. Tortoriello’s bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Helpful and responsive.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Responsive, professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend..............

Investment Banker
Dr. Dicken is well informed, compassionate and kind. She’s a seasoned professional and practitioner. Still, there were times when she was not as clear as she could have been due to fatigue. It is my impression that the work/life balancing act was at times overwhelming. This at times led to inconsistent statements and instructions...
The offices [at Sher Fertility of New York] are very clean, cozy and welcoming. The staff are very professional and compassionate. All of the different practitioners know their stuff and do their very best to be attentive and supportive...People always greeted us by name and knew the details of our case file...They [nurses] definitely valued teamwork and worked together to provide good patient care.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Ask many questions and take copious notes.
People always greeted us by name and knew the details of our case file.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They definitely valued teamwork and worked together to provide good patient care.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The offices are very clean, cozy and welcoming. The staff are very professional and compassionate. All of the different practitioners know their stuff and do their very best to be attentive and supportive.
$5,000 per cycle with insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We were not told that we must completely abstain from sexual activity prior to starting a new cycle of retrievals. This nearly compromised one of our cycles.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Tortoiello] is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true.... He took the time out to answer all my questions even by email. He has great bedside manners and easy to talk to about anything.
They [Sher Fertility of NY] are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments... He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options.
He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true. I owe him a lot for helping me and my husband have the family we always dreamed of!
You are going to love this dr. He is amazing doctor and person always answering your questions and being honest. He also has great bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T[ortoriello] was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest...I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy...Two embryos were transferred, one was successful...I feel like Dr. T[ortoriello] and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I would recommend anyone struggling to have a baby to Dr. Tortoriello. I was advanced maternal age, had diminished ovarian reserve, and male factor issues. He recommended we try IVF and I became pregnant after the first round. Everyone in the Manhattan office from office staff to nurses were so kind. This is by not means an easy process to endure. I now have beautiful 7 year old boy thanks to Dr. T and his staff at Sher. I am forever grateful and blessed.
Dr. T was always positive, calm, respectful, and honest.
I received a few rounds of lipids during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy at the Sher office. I also gave myself daily Lovenox injections throughout my pregnancy. Placental health is of utmost importance to maintain a healthy pregnancy, especially with a history of miscarriages.
Great!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I feel like Dr. T and his staff knew exactly what to do and didn’t waste time with clinic, IUI etc. I personally know 3 other women who have had success with them. The only weakness I can think of is that sometime there would be a very long wait at the office so expect to be there a while. I wish Sher had NJ locations.
I don’t remember. It was covered under my insurance plan.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Two embryos were transferred, one was successful.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello is an absolute expert in his field. He always provides all information needed and explains all options carefully. We had a lot of questions during the process, and Dr. Tortoriello was always patient to answer them and to make sure we understand every aspect of the process...
The [Sher Fertility Solutions NY] clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway...Dr. Tortoriello is a great doctor whom we can't praise high enough! He was so compassionate and willing to answer any questions we had back then.
You are very lucky to have this doctor!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway.

2015 - 2020, Successful
I liked that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] wasn't so rigid and open to altering course when I wasn't having the best of luck. He incorporated new tests while also including other treatments that not all clinics were offering. I had egg retrievals at other clinics and always felt sore afterward but never felt any discomfort after my procedures with Dr T...is always willing to take the time to explain things and open to suggestions which makes for a great partnership.
Had Lupron to down regulate to try to improve egg quality [at Sher Fertility of New York]. Had some low level autoimmunity so also added on intralipids and prednisone. Had ERA and transferred during receptivity window...The staff are excellent. The initial outreach is via an appointment but afterward, they would reach out via email and were easily accessible... There is a specific scheduled appointment for your monitoring appointment which means you always see the same doctor/nurse. It is great since you don't have to wait very long and have the continuity of care versus other clinics where everyone shows up at 7 in the morning and waits their turn with the doctor on call. However, Sher doesn't start until 9am and so it can be challenging if you have to get to work so that is the only negative. In addition to the doctors and nurses, the finance team is excellent and always gets back to you right away with any billing questions (Yisraela and Jessica are awesome!) which can be a major source of stress during this whole IVF process as well.
Dr Tortoriello is fantastic. I had high expectations for my doctor since I am a physician myself and I found that Dr T is outstanding with his bedside manner as well as expertise. I had many questions and he always took time to answer them completely with up to date studies and recommendations. I liked that he wasn't so rigid and open to altering course when I wasn't having the best of luck. He incorporated new tests while also including other treatments that not all clinics were offering. I had egg retrievals at other clinics and always felt sore afterward but never felt any discomfort after my procedures with Dr T. After some failed cycles, I did try two other clinics but they didn't end up working either and Dr T had no issue with the fact that I tried elsewhere and picked up right where we left off and in the end, I got my two babies with Dr T!
Dr T is always willing to take the time to explain things and open to suggestions which makes for a great partnership.
Had Lupron to down regulate to try to improve egg quality. Had some low level autoimmunity so also added on intralipids and prednisone. Had ERA and transferred during receptivity window.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances, Bushra)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is smaller and so more intimate in feel. There is a specific scheduled appointment for your monitoring appointment which means you always see the same doctor/nurse. It is great since you don't have to wait very long and have the continuity of care versus other clinics where everyone shows up at 7 in the morning and waits their turn with the doctor on call. However, Sher doesn't start until 9am and so it can be challenging if you have to get to work so that is the only negative. In addition to the doctors and nurses, the finance team is excellent and always gets back to you right away with any billing questions (Yisraela and Jessica are awesome!) which can be a major source of stress during this whole IVF process as well.
Insurance didn't cover so I had a cash plan
Dr T was open to either option.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Tortoriello was so kind and never made me feel rushed. He took his time and made me feel comfortable with any decisions made...go in with an open mind and expect an upfront honest compassionate doctor...He’s honest and blunt but I appreciate that and he speaks in a kind gentle manner...
Marian and Cecilia and the entire team [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] were so sweet and kind...the other coordinators were always on top of their emails when I’d have a quick question and would answer so quickly...Monitoring was quick and easy...they have great bed side manners. They’re compassionate and are very clean and organized...
Dr Tortoriello is the kindest doctor. During the pandemic my husband and I were very nervous on how to go about this journey for our second child. We had our first with him and his clinic in 2017 and it just felt the same this time around. He made me feel very comfortable. He’s honest and blunt but I appreciate that and he speaks in a kind gentle manner as opposed to other doctors I’ve been to. I was never use to that so he was a breath of fresh air. I never felt like a number. Every time I went in for my appointment, I was taken either right away or within 5 mins. Even for my transfer when I saw a couple other patients waiting and I thought for sure it was going to be long but I was wrong. Every appointment was so smooth and never he hesitated to answer all my questions. I had to go a few times with my husband and son when I had no babysitter and was pleasantly surprised they allowed my son to be in the room. After one of my appointments my son said ‘wow that guy’s cool’ (he’s 3yrs old) Even my son liked him. My husband who is always very nervous with me and every doctor I have to come across was very happy with him too. We have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Tortoriello.
One advice would be to go in with an open mind and expect an upfront honest compassionate doctor. He does not make promises or give false hope but it’s just an awesome doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for some sort of help in their infertility journey.
Dr. T and his team worked on a a schedule for my body type. Since I’m 40yrs old I needed certain medication to get a regular period and then other injections to prep my body. I just hit my 12th week of pregnancy and recently finished the progesterone in oil and estrogen which was needed to sustain the pregnancy. Everything was very straight to the point and organized
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian Gerges)
Marian and Cecilia and the entire team were so sweet and kind. Marian helped me along with my first pregnancy so I was very comfortable with her. We chatted about our experience as a first time mother and gave me great advice. Her and the other coordinators were always on top of their emails when I’d have a quick question and would answer so quickly
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher fertility’s strengths are they have great bed side manners. They’re compassionate and are very clean and organized. Even after my last appointment I felt sad that I wasn’t going to see them again. They said to keep in touch which I definitely will
Monitoring was quick and easy. They went around my schedule for that specific day and they also allow my son to be in the room which I really appreciated when I had no baby sister.
Everything was under my insurance and I was just left with copays. Monitoring appointments were $50 but I’m not positive how much the rest were
He did tell me and my husband about the risk of multiples and the quality of 1 of my embryos but my husband and I knew that I was up in age and decided to go ahead and put the last 2 embryos in. It resulted in 1 current pregnancy but we expected this. We appreciated his honesty

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. T [Dr. Tortoriello] always explained where we were in the treatment and what each appointment was meant to accomplish. All scans were explained in real time while review the ultrasound and he took the time to answer any questions after each procedure. He was very to the point, which I appreciated...Dr. T added additional injection progesterone for my 2nd transfer cycle - with the oral progesterone and estrogen. I think this addition helped us conceive my daughter...
Marian [nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] was a blessing! She gave wonderful advice. Her tips/tricks for the injections and medicines were amazing. She was so compassionate and listened to me with a warm heart...Sher Clinic is very clean and calming. The seating area is never crowded. You are treated like an individual as soon as you are greeted in reception...They all knew my name and remembered where I was in treatment. I always felt very taken care of when in the office...
Dr. T always explained where we were in the treatment and what each appointment was meant to accomplish. All scans were explained in real time while review the ultrasound and he took the time to answer any questions after each procedure. He was very to the point, which I appreciated. My treatment spanned Covid and he was very respectful of all safety protocol during those scary times.
Ask questions if you need any additional information or clarification. Dr. T is happy to take the time to explain anything you would like to know.
All the staff from the front desk desk, to nurses, to Dr. T treated me with kindness. They all knew my name and remembered where I was in treatment. I always felt very taken care of when in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian)
Marian was a blessing! She gave wonderful advice. Her tips/tricks for the injections and medicines were amazing. She was so compassionate and listened to me with a warm heart. Our dog passed away during a planned treatment and she was so understanding when I decided to postpone while we grieved. Amanda the nurse who normally did my blood draws was so sweet. She always had a smile early in the morning and was amazing at finding my very difficult veins without any bruising. I had some problems with the main nurse Cecilia being far too brief and not explaining what to expect from my first treatment. I asked not to have Cecelia as my contact and was assigned to Marian, which was a wonderful change.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Clinic is very clean and calming. The seating area is never crowded. You are treated like an individual as soon as you are greeted in reception. I was never concerned during Covid that there would be any issues with safety.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The issues were very minimal and cleared up after 1 quick phone call.

2019 - 2021, Successful
I was told that I had a 2% chance of a genetic child, due to severe diminished ovarian reserve...They [Dr. Tortoriello and his team] never sugar coated my situation, helped me understand my odds, but were always were extremely supportive and kept me motivated to continue...Ask questions. Dr. T will answer them, including over email, usually within an hour of sending the email. He is very responsive and really helps you to understand your condition and what you can do to achieve your reproductive goals
The nursing staff at SHER fertility are amazing. I was with the clinic for over 2 years, so I knew many of them well. They were very kind and also very supportive of my reproductive goals. They were also very responsive to emails, including in the evening or weekends. I never had to wait more than an hour to two for a response to an email, and I was able to email them directly, I did not have to use a program.
I was told that I had a 2% chance of a genetic child, due to severe diminished ovarian reserve. Many other doctors that I consulted with made me feel bad about my condition and made sure to always emphasize how unlikely my odds were. Dr. T and his team at SHER were totally different. They never sugar coated my situation, helped me understand my odds, but were always were extremely supportive and kept me motivated to continue. I suffered many set-backs in the 18 months I was at SHER (failed IVF cycles, empty follicles, miscarriage) and the team just keep on working with me. I never felt that they pitied me or thought I was silly to keep on trying. They treated me with respect and kept providing me with the medical information I needed to make the right decisions to help me get pregnant.
Ask questions. Dr. T will answer them, including over email, usually within an hour of sending the email. He is very responsive and really helps you to understand your condition and what you can do to achieve your reproductive goals.
After 12 months of trying to conceive naturally (including 6 of those months being monitored at SHER to try to determine when I was ovulating), we decided to start doing IVF. The goal was to get 10 day 3 embryos before we started to transfer them in. Based on my severe diminished ovarian reserve, it was clear I was at the very end of my reproductive life (even though I was only 36). We tried to get out as many embryos as possible before I stopped ovulating. It took 18 months to produce 8 embryos. Some cycles were successful and I would have a follicle growing. Sometimes I would not have a follicle growing for 3+ months. Three times I had follicles growing, but when they went in to retrieve the egg, the follicle was empty. When I had a follicle growing generally I took menopur and cetrotide to prevent early ovulation. I did not have the emotional energy to get to 10 embryos. We got to 8 and then started transferring them in.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great. Medical care was great, nursing was great, scheduling of appointments was great, the financial team made it very easy. I am very grateful to them! Strengths: responsiveness of team, able to email nurse and doctor directly, ability to do back to back cycles, kindness of the financial team. Weaknesses: there was some doctor turnover, but it was not an issue for me.
Each IVF cycle was about $12,000 without meds (my insurance covered all monitoring visits). Meds for each IVF cycle were between $2-5,000. IUIs were covered with my insurance. The cost for each embryo transfer was $3,000 without meds (my insurance covered monitoring visits). They offered a package for 3 IVF cycles, which saved us a lot of money.
We did three transfers (two resulted in pregnancy, one pregnancy resulted in miscarriage at 7 weeks). The first two transfers were single embryos transfers, the third transfer we used two day 3 embryos. Dr. T provided me with information about the pregnancy chances for the different options, but of course left it up to me to decide.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Per my preference, Dr.T[ortoriello] started with the lowest level of intervention as possible, and moved our way up to IVF. He was thoughtful in hearing out my wishes, but also supportive in telling me that he saw my husband and I as good candidates for IVF. He and his team made IVF as less scary as possible...Thorough, compassionate, kind, so dedicated to our goal of conceiving. He was patient and answered all of my questions in a direct and helpful manner. So thankful that we switched to Dr T & Sher when we did.
[Sher Fertility of New York's] team made IVF as less scary as possible...I love the nursing staff. They were responsive to ALL of my many questions and were readily available for me when and if I needed them...The only weakness I can think of is that I believe when I was going there, there was a change in management/facilities going on. (The clinic used to occupy 2 floors, then in the midst of my cycle it changed to 1) There were a few points of confusion, but they were minimal and the team tried to reduce as much confusion as possible for me and other clients.
Fertility treatment is so emotionally hard! Dr.T and his team try to alleviate as much stress and confusion as possible. Be sure to come with questions to each of your appointments (the hormones make it hard to remember everything!) and Dr.T will spend time with you to make sure to answer them.
Per my preference, Dr.T started with the lowest level of intervention as possible, and moved our way up to IVF. He was thoughtful in hearing out my wishes, but also supportive in telling me that he saw my husband and I as good candidates for IVF. He and his team made IVF as less scary as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia, Frances, Samantha and more! )
can't quite remember...but did have a co-pay of $40 for each visit
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
this is somewhat minor, but when I was starting the medication for the egg retrieval process, I wasn't necessarily informed as to what I needed to limit myself to in terms of physical activity. Running and exercise had been part of my wellness/self care throughout this process, and I didn't realize until I went in for one of my scans, that I really should have been taking it easy during this process...
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Tortoriello listened to me very patiently, tried to understand my concerns and tried to solve it though my English was not that great. He also tired to see me as much as possible (He went through the whole IVF cycle with me) while my previous doctor rarely showed up and always had other doctors or nurse take care of me instead...He is very professional, always tries to answer all of my questions and was always available and very responsive via e-mail. He treated me as a human not a number with good bedside manner
The [Sher Fertility Solutions New York] clinic is very clean and is not over booked so that you can have ample time with your doctor through out the treatment. Good team work within all of the three doctors, so even if your primary doctor is absent, you will be seen by other doctors properly and the data will be shared with your primary doctor seamlessly. Their financial coordinator is also very friendly and explains all the cost associated with the treatment thoroughly.
He is very professional, always tries to answer all of my questions and was always available and very responsive via e-mail. He treated me as a human not a number with good bedside manner. I would recommend doing your own research about fertility treatment beforehand so that you can ask him lots of question. He tried to identify the reason for my infertility one by one and treated it before starting IVF while my previous doctor tired to recommend me IVF without trying to identify the reason for my infertility. Dr. Tortoriello listened to me very patiently, tried to understand my concerns and tried to solve it though my English was not that great. He also tired to see me as much as possible (He went through the whole IVF cycle with me) while my previous doctor rarely showed up and always had other doctors or nurse take care of me instead.
I would recommend doing your own research about fertility treatment beforehand so that you can ask him lots of questions.
We didn't fell any coldness from Dr. Tortoriello that we felt from our previous doctor. He was very patient and tried to understand our concern even though our English is not that great. He tried to do check ups by him self as much as possible while our previous doctor rarely showed up and usually let nurses or other doctors to take care of me.
Having failed to get pregnant 2 times with IUI (5 times total including IUI with previous doctor), Dr. Tortoriello tested me to see if i was having endometriosis. The test result was negative so we started IVF cycle and during the egg retrieval, he collected a cell from my uterus and found out that I had endometritis, so he prescribed a medicine to treat it before putting back embryo. I was using intramuscular injection to take progesterone first but it got too painful, so he immediately switched it to gel type.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
They are very friendly and responsive via email.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is very clean and is not over booked so that you can have ample time with your doctor through out the treatment. Good team work within all of the three doctors, so even if your primary doctor is absent, you will be seen by other doctors properly and the data will be shared with your primary doctor seamlessly. Their financial coordinator is also very friendly and explains all the cost associated with the treatment thoroughly.
I don't remember the exact numbers but I think they are within my expectation and also are within the general market standard.
He explained pros and cons of both eSET and multiple embryo transfer and let me choose which one I want to do.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages...also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
[Sher Fertility Solutions New York is] Well managed, smooth operations. Never had to wait long. The lab is also key and well-managed and follows the highest standards. You have the option to speak with the embryologist which is nice to hear directly from them...[nurses were] Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Dr T is a very experienced, trustworthy, and caring RE. He listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages. This should have been caught by the lab who initially said my karyotype was normal.
He is a little bit of an introvert so my advice would be to always ask questions if you feel unsure or unclear about something.
Dr T was always responsive to my questions, emails, and needs. You can tell he cares about the treatment of all his patients. He also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
For my retrievals, I was on 225 IU Gonal F and 75 IU of menopur. When I didn't produce any PGS normal embryos, he added HGH Omnitrope to my protocol which had better results. For transfer, I was on prednisone and did intralipid infusion. It was a medicated transfer where I took estrogen pills and 2ml of progesterone injections. Before transfer we did the ReceptivaRX test which had high BCL6 levels (indication of endometriosis). Per Dr T's recommendation I had a laparascopy to remove it. Also did an ERA test after my first failed transfer which said I needed an extra day of progesterone. My second transfer worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I was very fortunate and had a $30K lifetime max allowance under my insurance, excluding prescription meds.
Yes, preferred single embryo transfer
2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr T[ortoriello] had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you...consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc)...Treatment for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!
Treatment [at Sher Fertility of New York] for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!...All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them...Boutique feel, clean& organized...you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
I had a long infertility journey and just wish I found Dr Tortoriello and his colleagues sooner. His clinic is not a factory like many of the other academic centers in NYC. The doctor will see you at every appointment, the doctor explains things to you, and the doctor KNOWS your history. The doctors here are also better than most academic centers in that they have the best training but also consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc). Too many places in NYC blow off patients with autoimmunity or implantation failures but Dr Tortoriello (and his colleagues) will be able to manage it and bring success if you stick with it!!!! I’m so thankful for their help in creating my family.
Make an appointment and be willing to adjust your personal schedule to see the doctor every time. Don’t go to a factory with rotating doctors!! It’s worth it.
Dr T had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: All are excellent -too many to list )
All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique feel, clean& organized. Again- you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
Some though insurance some out of pocket
I was aligned with Dr T in that I preferred eSET. After such a long infertility journey, the last thing I wanted was a high risk multiples pregnancy!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

When I came to Dr. Tortoriello, I had one embryo from my previous doctor. We tried to implant, but it failed. We were not surprised since Dr. Tortoriello advised that the medications prescribed by my previous doctor actually lowered my egg quality and count. Thereafter, we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in April 2019.
[Sher Fertility of New York's] weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures...we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl...The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us.
He always answered all my questions completely and with compassion. He answered all e-mails in detail and promptly. He was always on time for his appointments and took time with me to make sure I understood everything going on. He gave me honest opinions while being optimist as possible. During my initial consult, he reviewed my file in advance of the meeting and was able to discuss potential future options.
Ask questions if you do not understand or want to know more
He remembered details about my fertility during our appointments and did not need to continue to refer to my chart. He spoke to me kindly and with compassion. He always made sure all of my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
Lindsay was an excellent nurse! I absolutely loved her positive attitude. She answered all of e-mails promptly and in detail. Unfortunately, she left the practice once I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us. The clinic's weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures. This was extremely time consuming but I did not mind doing it since I wanted to save myself money.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000. Retrieval was approximately $12,000 and transfer was approximately $4,000. All other appointments were specialist co-pays of $30.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. T [Dr. Tortoriello] is a very patient and kind doctor. He always sat down during visits and listened carefully (and without judgement) to any concerns that I had. He also was always available directly via email which during fertility treatment was incredible as instructions can be complicated and overwhelming at times...He was also open to my ideas in terms of medication and working with me to figure out the best path forward (rather than have only one approach). Often when I would email him a question he would respond within an hour, sometimes minutes which was amazing since it was a very stressful time.
The nurses [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] clearly communicate instructions and are patient if you have follow up questions. They always answer the phones and always fit you in for an appointment, even at a moments notice. Very short wait times when you arrive for an appointment as well...Well organized, friendly, compassionate, very short waiting times...
Overall, I had a very positive experience seeing Dr. T. He is very patient, calm, not at all judgmental and encouraged me to take things one step at a time. He was also open to my ideas in terms of medication and working with me to figure out the best path forward (rather than have only one approach). Often when I would email him a question he would respond within an hour, sometimes minutes which was amazing since it was a very stressful time.
Do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. T or the office if you have questions about treatment.
Dr. T is a very patient and kind doctor. He always sat down during visits and listened carefully (and without judgement) to any concerns that I had. He also was always available directly via email which during fertility treatment was incredible as instructions can be complicated and overwhelming at times.
I had PCOS - treatment included one "natural" cycle with Letrozole + trigger shot. That did not work so the next cycle was the same except with IUI and that was successful.
Well organized, friendly, compassionate, very short waiting times
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I only have positive things about the clinic. The nurses clearly communicate instructions and are patient if you have follow up questions. They always answer the phones and always fit you in for an appointment, even at a moments notice. Very short wait times when you arrive for an appointment as well.
Insurance covered almost everything related to my treatment
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean...As our infertility was unexplained, we started with IUI which unfortunately did not work. After a few tries we moved to IVF which worked perfectly. Sadly we had a miscarriage and later discovered it would be due to autoimmune problems.
Drew Tortoriello is a great doctor who takes huge cafe of his patients. He really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
You are in good hands!
Dr T and his team would always answer all my questions via email or in person and treated me with a lot of care. Even when the autoimmune doctor recommended a protocol he thought was too strong for me, we would analyze it in detail and tailor it to my needs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean
Very reasonable costa always as they work with insurances
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

During my consultation with [Dr. Tortoriello], he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that... listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Everything was great [at Sher Fertility of New York]...One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing...Frances Faundez [nurse] was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Excellent doctor who listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Ger ready to get pregnant!
During my consultation with Dr. Tortoriello, he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that.
Dr. Tortoriello was going to put me on 50mg of Clomid. I suggested we increase that to 100mg since that's the dosage the previous doctor had given me which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. He listened and increased the doseage. I appreciated that. It led to my successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances Faundez)
Frances Faundez was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything was great. One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing.
My IUI was covered. I just had to pay for clomid which was discounted through insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...His dedication to helping families is remarkable. He made me feel like there was never a question that I could have children - I needed that confidence! Also his approach to finding my fertility issues were methodical and clear. He also takes a holistic health approach to figuring out an issue. Simply put, I would not have gotten pregnant without Dr T.
Excellent and responsive staff [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York]. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment...Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...Luckily my insurance covered the treatments (I required testing and small procedures), so fortunately they were reasonable
Trust him and don’t give up. Use him as a resource.
He was always specific in his directions - ie what day to come in for ovarian reserve check and when to evaluate tubes, and what time to take meds etc. He also responded to emails at all times which is very appreciated!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Excellent and responsive staff. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment.