425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2019 - 2021, Successful
I was told that I had a 2% chance of a genetic child, due to severe diminished ovarian reserve...They [Dr. Tortoriello and his team] never sugar coated my situation, helped me understand my odds, but were always were extremely supportive and kept me motivated to continue...Ask questions. Dr. T will answer them, including over email, usually within an hour of sending the email. He is very responsive and really helps you to understand your condition and what you can do to achieve your reproductive goals
The nursing staff at SHER fertility are amazing. I was with the clinic for over 2 years, so I knew many of them well. They were very kind and also very supportive of my reproductive goals. They were also very responsive to emails, including in the evening or weekends. I never had to wait more than an hour to two for a response to an email, and I was able to email them directly, I did not have to use a program.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I was told that I had a 2% chance of a genetic child, due to severe diminished ovarian reserve. Many other doctors that I consulted with made me feel bad about my condition and made sure to always emphasize how unlikely my odds were. Dr. T and his team at SHER were totally different. They never sugar coated my situation, helped me understand my odds, but were always were extremely supportive and kept me motivated to continue. I suffered many set-backs in the 18 months I was at SHER (failed IVF cycles, empty follicles, miscarriage) and the team just keep on working with me. I never felt that they pitied me or thought I was silly to keep on trying. They treated me with respect and kept providing me with the medical information I needed to make the right decisions to help me get pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Ask questions. Dr. T will answer them, including over email, usually within an hour of sending the email. He is very responsive and really helps you to understand your condition and what you can do to achieve your reproductive goals.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
After 12 months of trying to conceive naturally (including 6 of those months being monitored at SHER to try to determine when I was ovulating), we decided to start doing IVF. The goal was to get 10 day 3 embryos before we started to transfer them in. Based on my severe diminished ovarian reserve, it was clear I was at the very end of my reproductive life (even though I was only 36). We tried to get out as many embryos as possible before I stopped ovulating. It took 18 months to produce 8 embryos. Some cycles were successful and I would have a follicle growing. Sometimes I would not have a follicle growing for 3+ months. Three times I had follicles growing, but when they went in to retrieve the egg, the follicle was empty. When I had a follicle growing generally I took menopur and cetrotide to prevent early ovulation. I did not have the emotional energy to get to 10 embryos. We got to 8 and then started transferring them in.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great. Medical care was great, nursing was great, scheduling of appointments was great, the financial team made it very easy. I am very grateful to them! Strengths: responsiveness of team, able to email nurse and doctor directly, ability to do back to back cycles, kindness of the financial team. Weaknesses: there was some doctor turnover, but it was not an issue for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Each IVF cycle was about $12,000 without meds (my insurance covered all monitoring visits). Meds for each IVF cycle were between $2-5,000. IUIs were covered with my insurance. The cost for each embryo transfer was $3,000 without meds (my insurance covered monitoring visits). They offered a package for 3 IVF cycles, which saved us a lot of money.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We did three transfers (two resulted in pregnancy, one pregnancy resulted in miscarriage at 7 weeks). The first two transfers were single embryos transfers, the third transfer we used two day 3 embryos. Dr. T provided me with information about the pregnancy chances for the different options, but of course left it up to me to decide.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off or didn't bother to look into at all. He is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He always takes the time to answer all of your questions thoroughly...It is amazing that I was able to contact him directly instead of communicating via his nurses...He is open to ideas from his patients, but will also tell you when he disagrees and the reasons why. His bedside manner is warm, friendly, and compassionate. He takes the time to communicate both good and difficult information directly to his patients.
The doctor and nurses [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] were very supportive throughout my treatment and beyond...They worked around the clock and were available all the time regardless of night, or weekends. They responded immediately to my emails and calls...Cecilia was my nurse and she was available both in-person and thru email and phone. I felt supported and that she cared about me/the success of my treatment
How to describe Dr. Tortoriello (Dr. T.)?? Honestly speaking I don't have words the only thing I can say that he is the best doctor in the whole wide world. I am his international patient. I saw doctors both in the USA and out of the USA as well but only got a positive result thru him. My first cycle didn't work however I just delivered my twin boys thru my second cycle done by Dr. T. The only thing I can say that if you have been to other clinics and had failed IVF cycles but you are not done fighting infertility yet, you absolutely need to see Dr. T. He tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off or didn't bother to look into at all. He is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He always takes the time to answer all of your questions thoroughly. Dr. T understands that the infertility journey is difficult, scary, and ambiguous. He is open to ideas from his patients, but will also tell you when he disagrees and the reasons why. His bedside manner is warm, friendly, and compassionate. He takes the time to communicate both good and difficult information directly to his patients. Above all, you feel like you are part of a true doctor-patient relationship with Dr. T and you feel like you can trust his recommendations. Even when some cycles don't work out as hoped, you never feel like no one is watching you or a true attempt wasn't made.
Just listen to his recommendation and trust him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He always takes the time to explain and give me satisfactory explanations for all of my questions and concerns. It is amazing that I was able to contact him directly instead of communicating via his nurses.
I don't remember all of the exact treatment and strategies that he used , however, the only thing I clearly remembered that he prescribed HGH during my egg retrieval cycle as well as in my transfer cycle. My second cycle was a success and resulted in a positive pregnancy with 2 healthy babies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Cecilia was my nurse and she was available both in-person and thru email and phone. I felt supported and that she cared about me/the success of my treatment.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The doctor and nurses were very supportive throughout my treatment and beyond. I don't remember the names of all of the nurses who took my blood and assisted Dr. T during my treatment. All of them were amazing. They worked around the clock and were available all the time regardless of night, or weekends. They responded immediately to my emails and calls.
I paid $14,500 for 1 egg retrieval and a frozen embryo transfer cycle.
2020, Unknown Success
Investor
I switched to Dr Dicken after a failed IVF cycle at another clinic and the difference is night and day. Dr Dicken is compassionate yet straightforward, always reachable, did 99% of my scans. She gave me information but also provided advice. She has customized my treatment and allowed for flexible timing depending on the likelihood of success at each baseline...she has been present at every scan and been very forthcoming with information, describing her thought process step by step. She was much more thorough in the diagnostic workup and has found potential issues that other doctors had missed.
I’ve worked with different nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York]. Some senior nurses are great, very helpful and compassionate. First primary nurse was kind but extremely disorganized - forgot to send my calendar, forgot to order meds, missed some consents, didn’t submit insurance authorization for meds...I’ve had repeated problems ordering meds...I asked four separate times to order meds through my insurance company’s in-network pharmacy but it never got done so i had to pay out of pocket.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I have had an excellent experience so far with Dr Dicken, she has been present at every scan and been very forthcoming with information, describing her thought process step by step. She was much more thorough in the diagnostic workup and has found potential issues that other doctors had missed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Get educated, ask questions, be an active partner in your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Estrogen prime antagonist protocol + PICSI: - estradiol, follistim 150iu, menopur 150iu, ganirelix, HGH, dual trigger (Lupron, Novarel) Supplements, acupuncture, thyroid medication. We prime every month but base treatment on my antral count at baseline to maximize results, delay stims until CD4 or 5 (long cycles). Results: 3 eggs retrieved, one day 6 embryo frozen. Prior doctor said I would never be able to retrieve more than 1-2 eggs per cycle, so this was above expectations.
It varies. I’ve worked with different nurses. Some senior nurses are great, very helpful and compassionate. First primary nurse was kind but extremely disorganized - forgot to send my calendar, forgot to order meds, missed some consents, didn’t submit insurance authorization for meds. Every step required chasing with repeated reminders, zero communication. Since then I have rotated between different nurses, some better than others.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths: I really like my doctor, and like that it’s a smaller clinic with more personalized care. I love that my doctor does every scan and procedure herself, this is a huge advantage over larger clinics. Weaknesses: they are experiencing financial difficulties and it shows, they seem increasingly disorganized and understaffed. Logistics at every step have been a challenge, if I didn’t have leftover meds from my prior clinic I would have had to cancel my cycle. I saw a different attending doctor one day who provided conflicting (incorrect) information with poor bedside manner. However, this only happened once vs my prior clinic where it was the norm to see a different doctor every day.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I’ve had repeated problems ordering meds. Eg I asked four separate times to order meds through my insurance company’s in-network pharmacy but it never got done so i had to pay out of pocket. It can be difficult to reach someone after hours. I have also had problems with billing since they began financial restructuring, hoping this gets rectified once the new billing team is in place.
Cary Dicken

2015 - 2020, Successful
I liked that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] wasn't so rigid and open to altering course when I wasn't having the best of luck. He incorporated new tests while also including other treatments that not all clinics were offering. I had egg retrievals at other clinics and always felt sore afterward but never felt any discomfort after my procedures with Dr T...is always willing to take the time to explain things and open to suggestions which makes for a great partnership.
Had Lupron to down regulate to try to improve egg quality [at Sher Fertility of New York]. Had some low level autoimmunity so also added on intralipids and prednisone. Had ERA and transferred during receptivity window...The staff are excellent. The initial outreach is via an appointment but afterward, they would reach out via email and were easily accessible... There is a specific scheduled appointment for your monitoring appointment which means you always see the same doctor/nurse. It is great since you don't have to wait very long and have the continuity of care versus other clinics where everyone shows up at 7 in the morning and waits their turn with the doctor on call. However, Sher doesn't start until 9am and so it can be challenging if you have to get to work so that is the only negative. In addition to the doctors and nurses, the finance team is excellent and always gets back to you right away with any billing questions (Yisraela and Jessica are awesome!) which can be a major source of stress during this whole IVF process as well.
Dr Tortoriello is fantastic. I had high expectations for my doctor since I am a physician myself and I found that Dr T is outstanding with his bedside manner as well as expertise. I had many questions and he always took time to answer them completely with up to date studies and recommendations. I liked that he wasn't so rigid and open to altering course when I wasn't having the best of luck. He incorporated new tests while also including other treatments that not all clinics were offering. I had egg retrievals at other clinics and always felt sore afterward but never felt any discomfort after my procedures with Dr T. After some failed cycles, I did try two other clinics but they didn't end up working either and Dr T had no issue with the fact that I tried elsewhere and picked up right where we left off and in the end, I got my two babies with Dr T!
Dr T is always willing to take the time to explain things and open to suggestions which makes for a great partnership.
Had Lupron to down regulate to try to improve egg quality. Had some low level autoimmunity so also added on intralipids and prednisone. Had ERA and transferred during receptivity window.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances, Bushra)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is smaller and so more intimate in feel. There is a specific scheduled appointment for your monitoring appointment which means you always see the same doctor/nurse. It is great since you don't have to wait very long and have the continuity of care versus other clinics where everyone shows up at 7 in the morning and waits their turn with the doctor on call. However, Sher doesn't start until 9am and so it can be challenging if you have to get to work so that is the only negative. In addition to the doctors and nurses, the finance team is excellent and always gets back to you right away with any billing questions (Yisraela and Jessica are awesome!) which can be a major source of stress during this whole IVF process as well.
Insurance didn't cover so I had a cash plan
Dr T was open to either option.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Per my preference, Dr.T[ortoriello] started with the lowest level of intervention as possible, and moved our way up to IVF. He was thoughtful in hearing out my wishes, but also supportive in telling me that he saw my husband and I as good candidates for IVF. He and his team made IVF as less scary as possible...Thorough, compassionate, kind, so dedicated to our goal of conceiving. He was patient and answered all of my questions in a direct and helpful manner. So thankful that we switched to Dr T & Sher when we did.
[Sher Fertility of New York's] team made IVF as less scary as possible...I love the nursing staff. They were responsive to ALL of my many questions and were readily available for me when and if I needed them...The only weakness I can think of is that I believe when I was going there, there was a change in management/facilities going on. (The clinic used to occupy 2 floors, then in the midst of my cycle it changed to 1) There were a few points of confusion, but they were minimal and the team tried to reduce as much confusion as possible for me and other clients.
Fertility treatment is so emotionally hard! Dr.T and his team try to alleviate as much stress and confusion as possible. Be sure to come with questions to each of your appointments (the hormones make it hard to remember everything!) and Dr.T will spend time with you to make sure to answer them.
Per my preference, Dr.T started with the lowest level of intervention as possible, and moved our way up to IVF. He was thoughtful in hearing out my wishes, but also supportive in telling me that he saw my husband and I as good candidates for IVF. He and his team made IVF as less scary as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia, Frances, Samantha and more! )
can't quite remember...but did have a co-pay of $40 for each visit
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
this is somewhat minor, but when I was starting the medication for the egg retrieval process, I wasn't necessarily informed as to what I needed to limit myself to in terms of physical activity. Running and exercise had been part of my wellness/self care throughout this process, and I didn't realize until I went in for one of my scans, that I really should have been taking it easy during this process...
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T[ortoriello] is supportive of immune protocols, experimental supplements, and the like in order to come up with creative solutions for personalized treatment. But I needed a second opinion to find success my second time around...was incredibly warm and personal. He always looked into my eyes, remembered my history, checked in with me as a human. He responded within minutes by email and was always thoughtful in his responses. I always felt cared for and like he was in the fight with me to create my family.
The process [at Sher Fertility] was less formal than the NYC hospital RE clinics and a lot of times that felt like a better patient experiences. But I don't think that the lack of formality helps Sher. It seems like doctors (outside of Dr T) come and go and so do nurses. Also I didn't get a sense that the equipment or labs were as new or updated as Cornell, for example.
Dr. T is an incredibly warm and caring doctor who always made me feel cared for. He is calming, methodical, and thoughtful about very personalized treatment. I felt like the patient experience at Sher, because of Dr T, was very special .... a unicorn in the fertility world.
Dr. T is supportive of immune protocols, experimental supplements, and the like in order to come up with creative solutions for personalized treatment. But I needed a second opinion to find success my second time around. Don't be afraid to compare protocols and ensure you are on the right path.
Dr. T was incredibly warm and personal. He always looked into my eyes, remembered my history, checked in with me as a human. He responded within minutes by email and was always thoughtful in his responses. I always felt cared for and like he was in the fight with me to create my family.
My first retrieval with Dr. T was successful enough. We retrieved 16 embryos, 13 were mature and 12 fertilized. 3 made it to day 5 frozen and all 3 tested normal. One is my daughter. The second implanted but I miscarried, and it turned out that it was not a normal embryo even though it tested as such. The third didn't result in a pregnancy -- but it turned out that I had severe uterine scarring (Asherman's Syndrome) and that embryo would have never implanted. I was also told by Dr. T to use the IVF meds intramuscularly, and to this day found that an odd recommendation. My second cycle with Dr. T yielded only 3 embryos and none made it to day 5. I got a second opinion and learned about the scarring, did another retrieval with a new doc where my meds were all increased based on my weight. That retrieval yielded 6 day 5 frozen embryos.
In my first retrieval with Sher I had a clear nurse and her name was Lindsey and she was incredible. She was personal, clear, communicative, etc. In my second transfer, I felt like I didn't have a head person taking care of me and just had to email the whole clinic to get answers. I found Cynthia to be cold and clinical. The billing department (Yisraela) was always WONDERFUL as was Frances (I wish she could have been my nurse!).
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher is a special place in the NYC fertility scene. It is SO personal and provides a really special patient experience. It does not feel like a cattle call of monitoring and the staff always recognizes you. It is not difficult to get appointments and I loved that my own doctor did my retrievals, transfers, etc. The process was less formal than the NYC hospital RE clinics and a lot of times that felt like a better patient experiences. But I don't think that the lack of formality helps Sher. It seems like doctors (outside of Dr T) come and go and so do nurses. Also I didn't get a sense that the equipment or labs were as new or updated as Cornell, for example.
I had insurance coverage for everything except a few medications and PGS testing.
based on my history the preference for me was always single!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] is very professional, he answers all your questions and also is always available via email. He is kind and compassionate but also direct. Sometimes when you get bad news, you would prefer not to be direct but he isn’t dismissive of your hopes and dreams. We had two miscarriages with both of our transfers so the embryos likely had chromosomal abnormalities and he indicated this early on when signs showed it via sonogram but also let me have hope.
It [Sher Fertility] is one of the best clinics I have been to for any healthcare. They really don’t have any weaknesses. They worked around my cycle, they are available at night, on weekends, they respond immediately to emails and calls.... Everyone is great, they explain in detail what to expect, they comfort you when you are upset, they are loving and compassionate.... 14,000k for IVF cycle, $3800 for frozen embryo transfer
He is very professional, he answers all your questions and also is always available via email. He is kind and compassionate but also direct. Sometimes when you get bad news, you would prefer not to be direct but he isn’t dismissive of your hopes and dreams. We had two miscarriages with both of our transfers so the embryos likely had chromosomal abnormalities and he indicated this early on when signs showed it via sonogram but also let me have hope.
Go with Dr. T and Sher, they are kind and know what they are doing. Ask questions when you need to and know that Dr. T is usually right when he says things don’t look right.
Everyone at Sher is so warm, they genuinely want to help you. Dr T. Is sensitive but also direct and tells you what to expect and doesn’t give you false hope. He also tries things when other Dr.s give up on you.
He put me on an estrogen patch for 5 days to increase my follicle count and it worked. He followed my follicles very carefully and didn’t have me trigger too early, he adjusted my medicines daily as needed and as a result he got 4 eggs and all of them made it to 5 day blastocyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances )
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It is one of the best clinics I have been to for any healthcare. They really don’t have any weaknesses. They worked around my cycle, they are available at night, on weekends, they respond immediately to emails and calls. I love Sher!
14,000k for IVF cycle, $3800 for frozen embryo transfer
He let me make the decisions.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] was always nice and kind and polite. I always met with him every visit except for one weekend monitoring appointment where I met with his partner. He always answered my emails and all my questions...He was always right about my treatment...we moved to injectables and timed intercourse which failed the first time but worked more in harmony with my body and again he was correct 100% on which drug protocol to use despite me asking about trying other drugs and him assuring me that his choice would be best for me. My 2nd round of injectables we tried IUI and I got pregnant.
I never had to long wait or really any wait at all at [Sher Fertility of New York]...it was well run...very flexible in my appointment scheduling which was such a relief because there was no way I could have attended other well known NYC clinics with my schedule...[The nurse is] Always lovely and kind and helpful and answered emails promptly even after business hours at times...they are very busy and sometimes some details are forgotten but minor things and all in all lot better than most clinics. Clinic Nps
I have a very tricky schedule living in NYC with two toddlers (one with special needs) and no family to help out so Dr. T was very flexible in my appointment scheduling which was such a relief because there was no way I could have attended other well known NYC clinics with my schedule. He always answered my questions via email or in person and I asked huge amount of questions. He was straight forward and honest but kind and compassionate at the same time. He was always right about my treatment.
Just ask questions and ask the office staff questions as well to put your mind at rest and email him your concerns. I never had to long wait or really any wait at all at his office...it was well run.
He was always nice and kind and polite. I always met with him every visit except for one weekend monitoring appointment where I met with his partner. He always answered my emails and all my questions.
Started with clomid even though I pushed that because I was new to fertility treatments and nervous about injectables, IVF etc and wanted to try something as simple as possible. He was right when he said it probably wasn’t the best course of action to take in my situation and it caused more issues for me. Then we moved to injectables and timed intercourse which failed the first time but worked more in harmony with my body and again he was correct 100% on which drug protocol to use despite me asking about trying other drugs and him assuring me that his choice would be best for me. My 2nd round of injectables we tried IUI and I got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances and Ivana )
Frances is Dr. T’s right hand woman. Always lovely and kind and helpful and answered emails promptly even after business hours at times.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths - small, kind, helpful, compassionate staff. Frances and Ivana went above and beyond. Also, I forget her name but the nurse who took my bloods and assisted Dr. T during examinations etc. was wonderful as well.
I only had co-pay each visit and co insurance until I met my deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
As with any clinic you just have to follow up sometimes in case they are very busy and sometimes some details are forgotten but minor things and all in all lot better than most clinics.

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] always changed my plan according to my needs. If something didn’t work, he looked for a solution. In my case he found it and we are blessed today at my age 44 with my own eggs. This is truly a blessing and miracle and It couldn’t happen without him. He didn’t turn me away where others did so it speaks to his compassion. He is dedicated and very diligent. I always felt 100 trust in him and his approach. He leveled with us when we asked the difficult questions and never gave us false hope... but somehow still managed to give us hope. I always felt relaxed with him because he is so easy going and very calm. That helps during such difficult times. I will forever be grateful to him.
[The staff at Sher Fertility of New York are] very responsive via email and in person and I never felt like a number. I felt unique in my journey and it was there approach that made me feel this way. They are amazing... They [nurses] were very responsive even communicating via email. I always felt comfortable knowing they would provide instructions when it came to my calendar and medications dosages. A couple times I ran out of medicine over a weekend and they provided me with some until I was able to get mine so I didn’t miss a cycle.
I don’t have enough words to describe the great Doctor he is. He is smart and is very knowledgeable in the latest research. He always changed my plan according to my needs. If something didn’t work, he looked for a solution. In my case he found it and we are blessed today at my age 44 with my own eggs. This is truly a blessing and miracle and It couldn’t happen without him. He didn’t turn me away where others did so it speaks to his compassion. He is dedicated and very diligent. I always felt 100 trust in him and his approach. He leveled with us when we asked the difficult questions and never gave us false hope... but somehow still managed to give us hope. I always felt relaxed with him because he is so easy going and very calm. That helps during such difficult times. I will forever be grateful to him.
Don’t ever give up and Trust Dr. T. And his approach. I feel he is not about the money.... but truly cares. I believe that he really is in this to help in this difficult journey of infertility.
The office staff and Dr. T were always very responsive via email and in person and I never felt like a number. I felt unique in my journey and it was there approach that made me feel this way. They are amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe and Frances Faundez)
I mainly worked with Frances Faundez and Cecilia Choe. They were both very easy to work with. They were very responsive even communicating via email. I always felt comfortable knowing they would provide instructions when it came to my calendar and medications dosages. A couple times I ran out of medicine over a weekend and they provided me with some until I was able to get mine so I didn’t miss a cycle. Frances was so compassionate and sweet when I had a miscarriage. And she took the time to make me feel like a person and not just another patient.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I think all the nurses should all be as compassionate and on the same page. I know it’s hard when dealing with so many patients but it really does help. When the staff are all professional and kind and take the time to know your name It separates the practice from any other infertility practice. This journey is hard as it is and when you deal with a practice that is professional and doesn’t treat you like a number or rush you or lose patience with you it makes it more tolerable. Their strength I feel is that they are all compassionate and willing to help... even when they seemed swamped. The one advice I would have is to make sure that their front desk staff (not the 6th floor) is professional. Sometimes on the other floor when I would go in for a procedure the girls were a little loud and not well spoken or professional. I felt they were not as approachable.
We asked Dr. T what he thought would be best for us and our situation. He would always give us his expert suggestions but ultimately try to let us decide how many we wanted transferred as long as it was safe. Based on my age we would transfer no more than two.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] wanted to make sure to explain things to me and would not provide an opinion as to the best course of action until he conducted preliminary tests/did a workup. Dr. T communicated with my husband and me throughout all of the treatments we did...I had to do three egg retrievals. Given my age, we PGS tested all embryos that survived to day 5. For the third retrieval, Dr. T decided to add in HGH...it was this cycle that led to the ONE embryo that tested viable and which we then transferred.
The doctors and nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] are very communicative and supportive. I did feel as though there needed to be more communication between billing and the drs/nurses. We were initially billed for storage of embryos that did not PGS test as viable and which [Dr. Tortoriello] wouldn't transfer, which was a little frustrating...I felt very supported and that she [nurse] cared about me/the success of my treatments. She was genuinely very sad to let me know the results of the PGS testing for the first round (none of the embryos tested as viable).
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and communicative from the second I consulted with him. I had previously been to another clinic where I felt like a number and that the clinic had decided I needed to undergo IVF before even diagnosing me or conducting any tests. The experience with Dr. T was entirely opposite. He wanted to make sure to explain things to me and would not provide an opinion as to the best course of action until he conducted preliminary tests/did a workup. Dr. T communicated with my husband and me throughout all of the treatments we did.
Ask him any questions you have...he will answer them.
Dr. Tortoriello was always available by email and his office was as well (by email and by telephone). He was sensitive to what I was experiencing emotionally and was encouraging.
I first went through three IUIs for insurance coverage purposes. I used clomid in the first and third cycles. The third cycle led to a chemical pregnancy which slightly delayed moving forward with IVF. I had to do three egg retrievals. Given my age, we PGS tested all embryos that survived to day 5. For the third retrieval, Dr. T decided to add in HGH...it was this cycle that led to the ONE embryo that tested viable and which we then transferred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Cecilia was available. She even called me on her day off to let me know the results of a day 5 check of embryos. She spent time with me on the telephone when I had questions or doubts or needed assistance in thinking through what made the most sense. I felt very supported and that she cared about me/the success of my treatments. She was genuinely very sad to let me know the results of the PGS testing for the first round (none of the embryos tested as viable).
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The doctors and nurses are very communicative and supportive. I did feel as though there needed to be more communication between billing and the drs/nurses. We were initially billed for storage of embryos that did not PGS test as viable and which Dr. T wouldn't transfer, which was a little frustrating.
Fortunately, my insurance covered a large portion of treatments. IUIs were covered; i had $50 co-pays every time I went for an appointment. IVF was 75% covered so I had a co-pay prior to treatment. Same for the transfer. I had to pay for medications.
I only had one viable embryo to transfer.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T [Tortoriello] really took the time to learn my entire background going back to teenage eating disorders to my current high blood pressure to recommend the next steps. He was an amazing listener (my husband and I are both talkers!) and asked questions that we were able to fill in. The day of our consultation we immediately got the ball rolling with an ultrasound and blood tests.
Incredibly clean and calming. There are two floors [at Sher Fertility of NY] and I'm occasionally confused about which floor to report to. As I had said, the receptionists are wonderful! They start off my appointments on the right foot.... I have received extremely prompt contact from my assigned nurse with very detailed instructions/suggestions over email. When we received our results for blood tests/semen analysis I received a call from both my nurse and a follow up with Dr. T to confirm my understanding.
Dr T really took the time to learn my entire background going back to teenage eating disorders to my current high blood pressure to recommend the next steps. He was an amazing listener (my husband and I are both talkers!) and asked questions that we were able to fill in. The day of our consultation we immediately got the ball rolling with an ultrasound and blood tests.
Ask as many questions as you need - he will take the time to answer them.
I have received extremely prompt contact from my assigned nurse with very detailed instructions/suggestions over email. When we received our results for blood tests/semen analysis I received a call from both my nurse and a follow up with Dr. T to confirm my understanding. My nurse (Cecelia) was thorough, but Dr. T was very comforting and understanding in the plan that we were hoping to move forward with. He understood my concerns and helped me set in place our path.
We are still in testing consultation mode after returning from a two week vacation. Our next steps will be IUI if needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecelia)
I have appreciated how through Cecelia has been, but on the phone she can speak a little too quickly for me to comprehend. I have made her slow down/repeat multiple times. She has been very kind to repeat. All nurses that have taken blood have been AMAZING! I usually have very bad veins and I have come out unscathed an mostly without any busing. Even the receptionists are very friendly and cheerful. I really appreciate for my 9 am appointments.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Incredibly clean and calming. There are two floors and I'm occasionally confused about which floor to report to. As I had said, the receptionists are wonderful! They start off my appointments on the right foot.
We have coverage through my husband's employer.

2016 - 2019, Successful
I felt that Dr. T[ortoriello] knew who I was as a patient - he was prepared to discuss my case every time and was very accessible...put me at ease during every appointment. He has an extremely calm bedside manner and explained what we were trying to accomplish at the beginning of every appointment. When we had an unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer, I felt that he truly took the results personally and had a different path to my care for the following attempt. I trust his professional judgment...was conservative in administering hormones (in a good way) so I wasn't overstimulated. I had heard horror stories from other clinics and felt fortunate to definitely avoid that experience.
Nursing and care coordination [at Sher Fertility of New York] was not very memorable. I didn't need hand holding so I don't think I relied on them for much other than coordinating beta tests...During my first transfer I was told I had a negative pregnancy test, which joyfully turned out to be incorrect. It was stressful to get re-tested at the time and was definitely shocking but a happy accident...doesn't employ the friendliest individuals on the phone. I know the staff may feel overrun but you are in the business of helping desperate families, a little compassionate would go a long way. I think there is some room for improvement when delivering bad news.
Dr. T put me at ease during every appointment. He has an extremely calm bedside manner and explained what we were trying to accomplish at the beginning of every appointment. When we had an unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer, I felt that he truly took the results personally and had a different path to my care for the following attempt. I trust his professional judgment.
I would advise anyone to come in equip with questions you have in mind. He is extremely knowledgeable but cannot read your mind and expectations.
I felt that Dr. T knew who I was as a patient - he was prepared to discuss my case every time and was very accessible.
I don't remember all of the exact treatment strategies used, however, I do think Dr. T was conservative in administering hormones (in a good way) so I wasn't overstimulated. I had heard horror stories from other clinics and felt fortunate to definitely avoid that experience.
Nursing and care coordination was not very memorable. I didn't need hand holding so I don't think I relied on them for much other than coordinating beta tests.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic doesn't employ the friendliest individuals on the phone. I know the staff may feel overrun but you are in the business of helping desperate families, a little compassionate would go a long way. I think there is some room for improvement when delivering bad news.
We had care under the Progeny insurance network.
Dr. T was very firm to transfer a single embryo each time given my younger age.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She did a very thorough phone consultation for us before cycling again, obviously reviewed our extensive records, and has been extremely responsive while cycling. ... Dr Dicken added a few tweaks to that protocol for poor responders (like a dual trigger, for example). I liked that she had poor responder data and observations to back up her protocol tweaks.
I believe the embryology lab at SIRM is top notch. Financial can be difficult to navigate. And honestly it would be so much easier if each patient were assigned a dedicated clinical coordinator/nurse. It’s also no picnic trying to cycle out of town as a satellite patient. You really have to be your own advocate and review all of the calendars they send you. ...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Honestly, when Dr. Wang left, I wanted to follow him to his new clinic. But because of various logistical reasons we decided to stay at SIRM. Dr. Dicken has been fantastic. As a poor responder, I appreciate that her protocol for our most recent freezing cycle hasn’t simply been a canned response.
If you’re a former patient of Dr. Wang’s and you’re thinking about staying with SIRM, Dr. Dicken is a wonderful option.
I went to Dicken after Wang left the Sher Institute. Nobody will ever be Wang, but Dicken is a good substitute! She did a very thorough phone consultation for us before cycling again, obviously reviewed our extensive records, and has been extremely responsive while cycling.
Our protocol has been shaped mainly by past failures and though our work with Dr. Wang. We use a combination of low-stims and estrogen priming, plus hGH. Dr Dicken added a few tweaks to that protocol for poor responders (like a dual trigger, for example). I liked that she had poor responder data and observations to back up her protocol tweaks.
There are a lot of clinical coordinators at SIRM. Sometimes you’re not sure who to communicate with when a problem arises.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I am a satellite patient and I monitored out of town and flew in for egg retrievals. It’s difficult but not impossible to do this but you have to be prepared to manage a lot of the appointment go-betweens yourself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I am fortunate to finally have IVF coverage but it’s not the greatest and many thing still aren’t covered. The things we have had to pay out of pocket for are required to be paid for before cycling. SIRM is much more expensive out of pocket than other clinics we have been to.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Dicken counsels each patient on this individually.
Cary Dicken
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] couldn't remember my information, like I was remote monitoring. Seems pretty obvious since I told him at the consultation & all my forms had my out of state address on it...He suggested that I monitor in NYC instead of locally because he felt like my monitoring clinic wasn’t good. They are. I got pregnant using their labs before with a different dr. who retired from Sher, two yrs earlier. I live 1,000 miles away, not happening. He was not very caring or compassionate.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is very disorganized. Not all the nurses work every day so I don’t actually know who my nurse was because every day it seemed it was a different person...Terrible communication. They never receive faxes. I send same documents multiple times to the same fax number (called first to confirm the number). The office forgot to send a procedure order when I was traveling, so the entire cycle was canceled because they forgot. Then I left this clinic.
If you are looking for an out of the box thinker, or someone who treats you like a person, not just a number, he is not the Dr. for you.
He couldn't remember my information, like I was remote monitoring. Seems pretty obvious since I told him at the consultation & all my forms had my out of state address on it.
Menopur & Follistim. I started late on a cycle & asked if I should instead start the next month because I was already showing a lead follicle. He said no, start meds, big surprise, lead follicle the whole cycle. Wasted time & money when we should’ve just waited.
The clinic is very disorganized. Not all the nurses work every day so I don’t actually know who my nurse was because every day it seemed it was a different person.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were covered by my insurance
I already did.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. [Tortoriello] ... We used Clomid then injectables for PCOS, and then used IUI to help with sperm morphology issues ... Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process ... We had to call them sometimes to get all of the information we needed and they didn't always proactively call or explain. But overall was not a big problem
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. We had a bit of a difficult time getting pregnant and currently we are celebrating nearly a week with our healthy beautiful baby girl. Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out. It took a while and there were some struggles, but having him by our side throughout the process made things much easier. We recommend Dr. T highly without any reservations
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he always is patient and happy to explain things
Dr T has amazing bedside manner and explains all of your options to you. He expresses a realistic optimism that as we were having trouble let us know everything was going to be ok
Amazing all around
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Sergio Oehninger] is a doctor that knows the science behind everything and had studied fertility for a long time. He is friendly and approachable but he spends little time with his patients on a one on one basis. Perhaps he is busy or he could also just be awkward at times...Pay attention to your egg retrieval stats early on - he may overlook certain things...He was great and friendly but seemed very busy all the time.
Strengths [at Sher Fertility of New York]: convenient location, friendly and caring staff, attentive doctors. Great online portal. Weaknesses: facility is outdated, communication can be improved. Would be better to have one clinic staff member per patient instead of pooled clinicians...They [nurses] are very sweet, attentive and diligent. Some are better than others but they were all good at their jobs...I used birth control and estrogen to prepare for embryo transfer and then began progesterone as well.
How was your experience with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Sergio is a doctor that knows the science behind everything and had studied fertility for a long time. He is friendly and approachable but he spends little time with his patients on a one on one basis. Perhaps he is busy or he could also just be awkward at times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He was great and friendly but seemed very busy all the time.
Describe the protocols Sergio Oehninger used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
They are very sweet, attentive and diligent. Some are better than others but they were all good at their jobs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths: convenient location, friendly and caring staff, attentive doctors. Great online portal. Weaknesses: facility is outdated, communication can be improved. Would be better to have one clinic staff member per patient instead of pooled clinicians.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Unsure but over $10k
Describe Sergio Oehninger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No comments
Sergio Oehninger
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Oehninger has always been open, realistic and communicative with my husband and I. I appreciate his expertise in the field and I trust his recommendations. He has a very gentle approach when performing both IUIs.... assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Don’t be afraid to discuss your fertility struggles and journey with him. He is very open-minded and is willing to work with his patients.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Jane Wong, Cecilia Choe and another nurse that I spoke with after clinic hours all treated me with immense compassion and always communicated with me on the phone, patient portal and via email.
All of the staff were always pleasant and explained all procedures thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jane Wong)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient
$40-50 copay for each visit (including ultrasounds, HSG and IUI, $200 bloodwork
Sergio Oehninger
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
[Dr. Tortoriello is] Well manared, soft spoken, always available thru email, gave my opinion priority even if he felt different, never pushed any procedure to me, well explained, it was easy to get his appointment, spoke with empathy, ... He was very soft spoken and treated with care ... Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Francis [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy ... Nice location, clean, spacious, privacy, easily accessible, clean restroom, refreshments available, soothing environment, no screaming or hustle, designated areas for nurses, nice waiting area, things available to read, ...
Stick with one doctor, switching won't help
He was very soft spoken and treated with care
Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Francis)
Francis was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember, was billed for multiple visits so can't describe
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing...understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Very kind and always ready to help and explain things...We purchased a package that included free transfer until success...The clinic is small but very efficient and clean. The only negative is that they don't have their own lab so you have to wait longer to get the results of your tests. Other than that it is in a very central and convenient location...We just decided to test the embryos for genetic problems and then transfer the best looking one. We didn't want to put too much stress on the body. We also only had 4 embryos and didn't want to lose two in one shot in case it didn't work.
He is simply the best doctor I have experienced during my journey. My husband shares the same feeling. I remember my husband telling me: 'this doctor did it right this time!'. He really did, we got a gorgeous baby boy. I went to Cornell at first, thinking I would find the best doctors there but I was wrong, I had a horrible experience. Dr. Tortoriello understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
Follow his instructions to the T, like he like to be called Dr. T, and be confident. Don't worry if he doesn't talk a lot, he knows what he is doing.
The doctor was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing.
Don't remember, there were so many medicines.
Very kind and always ready to help and explain things.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't remember. We purchased a package that included free transfer until success.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Helpful and responsive...professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T[ortoriello] and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend...sometimes it was hard to follow email trails because correspondence would come from multiple nurses...[Dr. Tortoriello] was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been...bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Dr.T was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been.
Dr. Tortoriello’s bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Helpful and responsive.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Responsive, professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend..............
2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr T[ortoriello] had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you...consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc)...Treatment for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!
Treatment [at Sher Fertility of New York] for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!...All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them...Boutique feel, clean& organized...you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
I had a long infertility journey and just wish I found Dr Tortoriello and his colleagues sooner. His clinic is not a factory like many of the other academic centers in NYC. The doctor will see you at every appointment, the doctor explains things to you, and the doctor KNOWS your history. The doctors here are also better than most academic centers in that they have the best training but also consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc). Too many places in NYC blow off patients with autoimmunity or implantation failures but Dr Tortoriello (and his colleagues) will be able to manage it and bring success if you stick with it!!!! I’m so thankful for their help in creating my family.
Make an appointment and be willing to adjust your personal schedule to see the doctor every time. Don’t go to a factory with rotating doctors!! It’s worth it.
Dr T had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: All are excellent -too many to list )
All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique feel, clean& organized. Again- you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
Some though insurance some out of pocket
I was aligned with Dr T in that I preferred eSET. After such a long infertility journey, the last thing I wanted was a high risk multiples pregnancy!

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean...As our infertility was unexplained, we started with IUI which unfortunately did not work. After a few tries we moved to IVF which worked perfectly. Sadly we had a miscarriage and later discovered it would be due to autoimmune problems.
Drew Tortoriello is a great doctor who takes huge cafe of his patients. He really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
You are in good hands!
Dr T and his team would always answer all my questions via email or in person and treated me with a lot of care. Even when the autoimmune doctor recommended a protocol he thought was too strong for me, we would analyze it in detail and tailor it to my needs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean
Very reasonable costa always as they work with insurances
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Appoints always available [at Sher Fertility of NY], easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc...[Dr. Tortoriello] always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way...My experience over the past 2 years was wonderful all the way through. After 3 failed IUI treatments, we were ready to proceed into IVF. Dr T was there for us every step of the way. We valued his opinion 100 % and he always made us feel like we were all in this together. After 1 cycle of IVF, I am now in week 13 of my first pregnancy :) baby is strong and healthy, thanks Dr T!!!
To be open and honest no matter what, because that’s how Dr T can best guide you
Dr. T always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way.
Every single nurse at Sher was amazing! Shout out to Cindy :)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Appoints always available, easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc
My insurance is AMAZING I’ll I paid for was my deductible - which was to cover the IVF meds. No other out of pockets payments at all
My husband and I always thought we wanted to transfer 2 embryos when the time came. Dr T walked us through the benefits and risk factors that 2 could possibly bring onto myself and the embryos. I’m a very small at 5ft 110lbs and his option really matters to us. We decided on 1 embryo transfer for the best possible outcome