425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] always changed my plan according to my needs. If something didn’t work, he looked for a solution. In my case he found it and we are blessed today at my age 44 with my own eggs. This is truly a blessing and miracle and It couldn’t happen without him. He didn’t turn me away where others did so it speaks to his compassion. He is dedicated and very diligent. I always felt 100 trust in him and his approach. He leveled with us when we asked the difficult questions and never gave us false hope... but somehow still managed to give us hope. I always felt relaxed with him because he is so easy going and very calm. That helps during such difficult times. I will forever be grateful to him.
[The staff at Sher Fertility of New York are] very responsive via email and in person and I never felt like a number. I felt unique in my journey and it was there approach that made me feel this way. They are amazing... They [nurses] were very responsive even communicating via email. I always felt comfortable knowing they would provide instructions when it came to my calendar and medications dosages. A couple times I ran out of medicine over a weekend and they provided me with some until I was able to get mine so I didn’t miss a cycle.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I don’t have enough words to describe the great Doctor he is. He is smart and is very knowledgeable in the latest research. He always changed my plan according to my needs. If something didn’t work, he looked for a solution. In my case he found it and we are blessed today at my age 44 with my own eggs. This is truly a blessing and miracle and It couldn’t happen without him. He didn’t turn me away where others did so it speaks to his compassion. He is dedicated and very diligent. I always felt 100 trust in him and his approach. He leveled with us when we asked the difficult questions and never gave us false hope... but somehow still managed to give us hope. I always felt relaxed with him because he is so easy going and very calm. That helps during such difficult times. I will forever be grateful to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Don’t ever give up and Trust Dr. T. And his approach. I feel he is not about the money.... but truly cares. I believe that he really is in this to help in this difficult journey of infertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The office staff and Dr. T were always very responsive via email and in person and I never felt like a number. I felt unique in my journey and it was there approach that made me feel this way. They are amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe and Frances Faundez)
I mainly worked with Frances Faundez and Cecilia Choe. They were both very easy to work with. They were very responsive even communicating via email. I always felt comfortable knowing they would provide instructions when it came to my calendar and medications dosages. A couple times I ran out of medicine over a weekend and they provided me with some until I was able to get mine so I didn’t miss a cycle. Frances was so compassionate and sweet when I had a miscarriage. And she took the time to make me feel like a person and not just another patient.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I think all the nurses should all be as compassionate and on the same page. I know it’s hard when dealing with so many patients but it really does help. When the staff are all professional and kind and take the time to know your name It separates the practice from any other infertility practice. This journey is hard as it is and when you deal with a practice that is professional and doesn’t treat you like a number or rush you or lose patience with you it makes it more tolerable. Their strength I feel is that they are all compassionate and willing to help... even when they seemed swamped. The one advice I would have is to make sure that their front desk staff (not the 6th floor) is professional. Sometimes on the other floor when I would go in for a procedure the girls were a little loud and not well spoken or professional. I felt they were not as approachable.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We asked Dr. T what he thought would be best for us and our situation. He would always give us his expert suggestions but ultimately try to let us decide how many we wanted transferred as long as it was safe. Based on my age we would transfer no more than two.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] wanted to make sure to explain things to me and would not provide an opinion as to the best course of action until he conducted preliminary tests/did a workup. Dr. T communicated with my husband and me throughout all of the treatments we did...I had to do three egg retrievals. Given my age, we PGS tested all embryos that survived to day 5. For the third retrieval, Dr. T decided to add in HGH...it was this cycle that led to the ONE embryo that tested viable and which we then transferred.
The doctors and nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] are very communicative and supportive. I did feel as though there needed to be more communication between billing and the drs/nurses. We were initially billed for storage of embryos that did not PGS test as viable and which [Dr. Tortoriello] wouldn't transfer, which was a little frustrating...I felt very supported and that she [nurse] cared about me/the success of my treatments. She was genuinely very sad to let me know the results of the PGS testing for the first round (none of the embryos tested as viable).
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and communicative from the second I consulted with him. I had previously been to another clinic where I felt like a number and that the clinic had decided I needed to undergo IVF before even diagnosing me or conducting any tests. The experience with Dr. T was entirely opposite. He wanted to make sure to explain things to me and would not provide an opinion as to the best course of action until he conducted preliminary tests/did a workup. Dr. T communicated with my husband and me throughout all of the treatments we did.
Ask him any questions you have...he will answer them.
Dr. Tortoriello was always available by email and his office was as well (by email and by telephone). He was sensitive to what I was experiencing emotionally and was encouraging.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I first went through three IUIs for insurance coverage purposes. I used clomid in the first and third cycles. The third cycle led to a chemical pregnancy which slightly delayed moving forward with IVF. I had to do three egg retrievals. Given my age, we PGS tested all embryos that survived to day 5. For the third retrieval, Dr. T decided to add in HGH...it was this cycle that led to the ONE embryo that tested viable and which we then transferred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Cecilia was available. She even called me on her day off to let me know the results of a day 5 check of embryos. She spent time with me on the telephone when I had questions or doubts or needed assistance in thinking through what made the most sense. I felt very supported and that she cared about me/the success of my treatments. She was genuinely very sad to let me know the results of the PGS testing for the first round (none of the embryos tested as viable).
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The doctors and nurses are very communicative and supportive. I did feel as though there needed to be more communication between billing and the drs/nurses. We were initially billed for storage of embryos that did not PGS test as viable and which Dr. T wouldn't transfer, which was a little frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Fortunately, my insurance covered a large portion of treatments. IUIs were covered; i had $50 co-pays every time I went for an appointment. IVF was 75% covered so I had a co-pay prior to treatment. Same for the transfer. I had to pay for medications.
I only had one viable embryo to transfer.

2016 - 2019, Successful
I felt that Dr. T[ortoriello] knew who I was as a patient - he was prepared to discuss my case every time and was very accessible...put me at ease during every appointment. He has an extremely calm bedside manner and explained what we were trying to accomplish at the beginning of every appointment. When we had an unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer, I felt that he truly took the results personally and had a different path to my care for the following attempt. I trust his professional judgment...was conservative in administering hormones (in a good way) so I wasn't overstimulated. I had heard horror stories from other clinics and felt fortunate to definitely avoid that experience.
Nursing and care coordination [at Sher Fertility of New York] was not very memorable. I didn't need hand holding so I don't think I relied on them for much other than coordinating beta tests...During my first transfer I was told I had a negative pregnancy test, which joyfully turned out to be incorrect. It was stressful to get re-tested at the time and was definitely shocking but a happy accident...doesn't employ the friendliest individuals on the phone. I know the staff may feel overrun but you are in the business of helping desperate families, a little compassionate would go a long way. I think there is some room for improvement when delivering bad news.
Dr. T put me at ease during every appointment. He has an extremely calm bedside manner and explained what we were trying to accomplish at the beginning of every appointment. When we had an unsuccessful frozen embryo transfer, I felt that he truly took the results personally and had a different path to my care for the following attempt. I trust his professional judgment.
I would advise anyone to come in equip with questions you have in mind. He is extremely knowledgeable but cannot read your mind and expectations.
I felt that Dr. T knew who I was as a patient - he was prepared to discuss my case every time and was very accessible.
I don't remember all of the exact treatment strategies used, however, I do think Dr. T was conservative in administering hormones (in a good way) so I wasn't overstimulated. I had heard horror stories from other clinics and felt fortunate to definitely avoid that experience.
Nursing and care coordination was not very memorable. I didn't need hand holding so I don't think I relied on them for much other than coordinating beta tests.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic doesn't employ the friendliest individuals on the phone. I know the staff may feel overrun but you are in the business of helping desperate families, a little compassionate would go a long way. I think there is some room for improvement when delivering bad news.
We had care under the Progeny insurance network.
Dr. T was very firm to transfer a single embryo each time given my younger age.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

I had gone to [Dr. Tortoriello] because I was told my egg quality was not good. On top of that, I had ashermans syndrome (scarring of the uterus due to 2 DNC's caused by another doctor). [He] was honest...I can successfully say I now have a healthy 4 month old son because of Dr. T. We did use a donor egg however I was able to carry my son the entire pregnancy - gave birth at 38 weeks - myself
Not one bad thing to say about [Sher Fertility Solutions New York]! The clinic was small which I liked because they knew me by name. I was always greeted with a smile. I ALWAYS saw my doctor. He ALWAYS answered my emails (questions or anxieties). The clinic and staff was clean and professional, yet warm...Bushra and Franny were the 2 nurses I had most contact with...every nurse was pleasant.
I was skeptical about Dr. T in the beginning because I had been through so many negative experiences with fertility doctors. But with every questions, concern, or anxiety I had, he stayed calm, patient, and kind. He treated me like a friend as opposed to a number. Hands down, the BEST experience. I recommend him to everyone looking for an IVF doctor.
Don't let your anxieties get in the way of Dr. T's expertise. He will tailor the treatment to you and will actually care about your outcome.
Dr. Tortoriello treated me, not only as a human, but more. From the first time I met him until the last, he was with me very step of the way. He did not turn his back. He always answered my questions and eased my anxieties, not only with his answers and experience, but with his calm demeanor.
I'm not sure the name, if there was a name, of the protocol Dr. T used but I can tell you we used Letrozole, Estrogen patches, baby aspirin, and progesterone suppositories. I had gone to Dr. T because I was told my egg quality was not good. On top of that, I had ashermans syndrome (scarring of the uterus due to 2 DNC's caused by another doctor). Dr. T was honest. He made no promises and in my eyes that's all I wanted! I can successfully say I now have a healthy 4 month old son because of Dr. T. We did use a donor egg however I was able to carry my son the entire pregnancy - gave birth at 38 weeks - myself!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra and Franny were my go to nurses. )
Bushra and Franny were the 2 nurses I had most contact with. However, I will say, that every nurse was pleasant.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Not one bad thing to say about them! The clinic was small which I liked because they knew me by name. I was always greeted with a smile. I ALWAYS saw my doctor. He ALWAYS answered my emails (questions or anxieties). The clinic and staff was clean and professional, yet warm.
It cost us approx $90k
I told Dr. T the gender of the baby my husband and I wanted and I let him pick with embryo looked the best and would give me the best chances. Can you tell I had faith in him?!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] couldn't remember my information, like I was remote monitoring. Seems pretty obvious since I told him at the consultation & all my forms had my out of state address on it...He suggested that I monitor in NYC instead of locally because he felt like my monitoring clinic wasn’t good. They are. I got pregnant using their labs before with a different dr. who retired from Sher, two yrs earlier. I live 1,000 miles away, not happening. He was not very caring or compassionate.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is very disorganized. Not all the nurses work every day so I don’t actually know who my nurse was because every day it seemed it was a different person...Terrible communication. They never receive faxes. I send same documents multiple times to the same fax number (called first to confirm the number). The office forgot to send a procedure order when I was traveling, so the entire cycle was canceled because they forgot. Then I left this clinic.
If you are looking for an out of the box thinker, or someone who treats you like a person, not just a number, he is not the Dr. for you.
He couldn't remember my information, like I was remote monitoring. Seems pretty obvious since I told him at the consultation & all my forms had my out of state address on it.
Menopur & Follistim. I started late on a cycle & asked if I should instead start the next month because I was already showing a lead follicle. He said no, start meds, big surprise, lead follicle the whole cycle. Wasted time & money when we should’ve just waited.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is very disorganized. Not all the nurses work every day so I don’t actually know who my nurse was because every day it seemed it was a different person.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were covered by my insurance
I already did.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. [Tortoriello] ... We used Clomid then injectables for PCOS, and then used IUI to help with sperm morphology issues ... Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process ... We had to call them sometimes to get all of the information we needed and they didn't always proactively call or explain. But overall was not a big problem
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. We had a bit of a difficult time getting pregnant and currently we are celebrating nearly a week with our healthy beautiful baby girl. Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out. It took a while and there were some struggles, but having him by our side throughout the process made things much easier. We recommend Dr. T highly without any reservations
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he always is patient and happy to explain things
Dr T has amazing bedside manner and explains all of your options to you. He expresses a realistic optimism that as we were having trouble let us know everything was going to be ok
Amazing all around
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Sergio Oehninger] is a doctor that knows the science behind everything and had studied fertility for a long time. He is friendly and approachable but he spends little time with his patients on a one on one basis. Perhaps he is busy or he could also just be awkward at times...Pay attention to your egg retrieval stats early on - he may overlook certain things...He was great and friendly but seemed very busy all the time.
Strengths [at Sher Fertility of New York]: convenient location, friendly and caring staff, attentive doctors. Great online portal. Weaknesses: facility is outdated, communication can be improved. Would be better to have one clinic staff member per patient instead of pooled clinicians...They [nurses] are very sweet, attentive and diligent. Some are better than others but they were all good at their jobs...I used birth control and estrogen to prepare for embryo transfer and then began progesterone as well.
How was your experience with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Sergio is a doctor that knows the science behind everything and had studied fertility for a long time. He is friendly and approachable but he spends little time with his patients on a one on one basis. Perhaps he is busy or he could also just be awkward at times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He was great and friendly but seemed very busy all the time.
Describe the protocols Sergio Oehninger used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
They are very sweet, attentive and diligent. Some are better than others but they were all good at their jobs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths: convenient location, friendly and caring staff, attentive doctors. Great online portal. Weaknesses: facility is outdated, communication can be improved. Would be better to have one clinic staff member per patient instead of pooled clinicians.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Unsure but over $10k
Describe Sergio Oehninger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No comments
Sergio Oehninger
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Oehninger has always been open, realistic and communicative with my husband and I. I appreciate his expertise in the field and I trust his recommendations. He has a very gentle approach when performing both IUIs.... assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Don’t be afraid to discuss your fertility struggles and journey with him. He is very open-minded and is willing to work with his patients.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient... Jane Wong, Cecilia Choe and another nurse that I spoke with after clinic hours all treated me with immense compassion and always communicated with me on the phone, patient portal and via email.
All of the staff were always pleasant and explained all procedures thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jane Wong)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strengths-friendly and knowledgeable staff, availability of nurses after hours, and clinic is open daily Weaknesses-messages on patient portal are not always answered in a timely fashion, assigned doctor may or may not perform treatments on assigned patient
$40-50 copay for each visit (including ultrasounds, HSG and IUI, $200 bloodwork
Sergio Oehninger
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
[Dr. Tortoriello is] Well manared, soft spoken, always available thru email, gave my opinion priority even if he felt different, never pushed any procedure to me, well explained, it was easy to get his appointment, spoke with empathy, ... He was very soft spoken and treated with care ... Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Francis [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy ... Nice location, clean, spacious, privacy, easily accessible, clean restroom, refreshments available, soothing environment, no screaming or hustle, designated areas for nurses, nice waiting area, things available to read, ...
Stick with one doctor, switching won't help
He was very soft spoken and treated with care
Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Francis)
Francis was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember, was billed for multiple visits so can't describe
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing...understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Very kind and always ready to help and explain things...We purchased a package that included free transfer until success...The clinic is small but very efficient and clean. The only negative is that they don't have their own lab so you have to wait longer to get the results of your tests. Other than that it is in a very central and convenient location...We just decided to test the embryos for genetic problems and then transfer the best looking one. We didn't want to put too much stress on the body. We also only had 4 embryos and didn't want to lose two in one shot in case it didn't work.
He is simply the best doctor I have experienced during my journey. My husband shares the same feeling. I remember my husband telling me: 'this doctor did it right this time!'. He really did, we got a gorgeous baby boy. I went to Cornell at first, thinking I would find the best doctors there but I was wrong, I had a horrible experience. Dr. Tortoriello understood my particular situation, took care of the medication management, oversaw the all process until the transfer of the embryo which he did personally and it was just flawless. He just knew the exact spot where to go place the embryo. While other doctors before just pushed the embryo in, I had the feeling that Dr. Tortoriello just knew the best spot for it. I would recommend anybody who is having a hard time getting pregnant to go see Dr. Tortoriello, he might hold the solution to your problems.
Follow his instructions to the T, like he like to be called Dr. T, and be confident. Don't worry if he doesn't talk a lot, he knows what he is doing.
The doctor was compassionate and reassuring. I remember he was very calm during the procedure and inspired confidence. He made me feel like it was going to work. He doesn't talk a lot but he gives you a great sense that he knows what he is doing.
Don't remember, there were so many medicines.
Very kind and always ready to help and explain things.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't remember. We purchased a package that included free transfer until success.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[The nurses at Sher Fertility of New York were] Helpful and responsive...professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T[ortoriello] and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend...sometimes it was hard to follow email trails because correspondence would come from multiple nurses...[Dr. Tortoriello] was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been...bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Dr.T was excellent. He took his time to explain everything to us and was kind and compassionate throughout the entire experience. We felt like we were in good hands and working with someone who understood how difficult our journey had been.
Dr. Tortoriello’s bedside manner was one of the things we appreciated most about him. He was understanding and kind throughout the entire process and made us feel like real people with someone in our corner.
Helpful and responsive.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Responsive, professional, friendly. I thought the clinic was great - both my experience with the Dr. T and the nurses was top notch and I would gladly recommend them to a friend..............
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Tortoriello is an absolute expert in his field. He always provides all information needed and explains all options carefully. We had a lot of questions during the process, and Dr. Tortoriello was always patient to answer them and to make sure we understand every aspect of the process...
The [Sher Fertility Solutions NY] clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway...Dr. Tortoriello is a great doctor whom we can't praise high enough! He was so compassionate and willing to answer any questions we had back then.
You are very lucky to have this doctor!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic has very strong doctors and nursing staff. They are well equipped. However be prepared for long wait dates if you request a new appointment. Location is good, close proximity to the subway.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages...also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
[Sher Fertility Solutions New York is] Well managed, smooth operations. Never had to wait long. The lab is also key and well-managed and follows the highest standards. You have the option to speak with the embryologist which is nice to hear directly from them...[nurses were] Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Dr T is a very experienced, trustworthy, and caring RE. He listened to our needs and wants and is willing to try new things and adjust his treatment protocols. I had a lot of issues that were uncovered throughout the process - the biggest thing we found is I have a balanced translocation which is likely the cause of my miscarriages. This should have been caught by the lab who initially said my karyotype was normal.
He is a little bit of an introvert so my advice would be to always ask questions if you feel unsure or unclear about something.
Dr T was always responsive to my questions, emails, and needs. You can tell he cares about the treatment of all his patients. He also sees you at every visit which is a nice continuation of the treatment process.
For my retrievals, I was on 225 IU Gonal F and 75 IU of menopur. When I didn't produce any PGS normal embryos, he added HGH Omnitrope to my protocol which had better results. For transfer, I was on prednisone and did intralipid infusion. It was a medicated transfer where I took estrogen pills and 2ml of progesterone injections. Before transfer we did the ReceptivaRX test which had high BCL6 levels (indication of endometriosis). Per Dr T's recommendation I had a laparascopy to remove it. Also did an ERA test after my first failed transfer which said I needed an extra day of progesterone. My second transfer worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Very organized and on top of the protocols and calendars.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I was very fortunate and had a $30K lifetime max allowance under my insurance, excluding prescription meds.
Yes, preferred single embryo transfer
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Tortoriello listened to me very patiently, tried to understand my concerns and tried to solve it though my English was not that great. He also tired to see me as much as possible (He went through the whole IVF cycle with me) while my previous doctor rarely showed up and always had other doctors or nurse take care of me instead...He is very professional, always tries to answer all of my questions and was always available and very responsive via e-mail. He treated me as a human not a number with good bedside manner
The [Sher Fertility Solutions New York] clinic is very clean and is not over booked so that you can have ample time with your doctor through out the treatment. Good team work within all of the three doctors, so even if your primary doctor is absent, you will be seen by other doctors properly and the data will be shared with your primary doctor seamlessly. Their financial coordinator is also very friendly and explains all the cost associated with the treatment thoroughly.
He is very professional, always tries to answer all of my questions and was always available and very responsive via e-mail. He treated me as a human not a number with good bedside manner. I would recommend doing your own research about fertility treatment beforehand so that you can ask him lots of question. He tried to identify the reason for my infertility one by one and treated it before starting IVF while my previous doctor tired to recommend me IVF without trying to identify the reason for my infertility. Dr. Tortoriello listened to me very patiently, tried to understand my concerns and tried to solve it though my English was not that great. He also tired to see me as much as possible (He went through the whole IVF cycle with me) while my previous doctor rarely showed up and always had other doctors or nurse take care of me instead.
I would recommend doing your own research about fertility treatment beforehand so that you can ask him lots of questions.
We didn't fell any coldness from Dr. Tortoriello that we felt from our previous doctor. He was very patient and tried to understand our concern even though our English is not that great. He tried to do check ups by him self as much as possible while our previous doctor rarely showed up and usually let nurses or other doctors to take care of me.
Having failed to get pregnant 2 times with IUI (5 times total including IUI with previous doctor), Dr. Tortoriello tested me to see if i was having endometriosis. The test result was negative so we started IVF cycle and during the egg retrieval, he collected a cell from my uterus and found out that I had endometritis, so he prescribed a medicine to treat it before putting back embryo. I was using intramuscular injection to take progesterone first but it got too painful, so he immediately switched it to gel type.
They are very friendly and responsive via email.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is very clean and is not over booked so that you can have ample time with your doctor through out the treatment. Good team work within all of the three doctors, so even if your primary doctor is absent, you will be seen by other doctors properly and the data will be shared with your primary doctor seamlessly. Their financial coordinator is also very friendly and explains all the cost associated with the treatment thoroughly.
I don't remember the exact numbers but I think they are within my expectation and also are within the general market standard.
He explained pros and cons of both eSET and multiple embryo transfer and let me choose which one I want to do.
2014 - 2019, Successful
Dr T[ortoriello] had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you...consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc)...Treatment for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!
Treatment [at Sher Fertility of New York] for poor egg quality, banking cycles, Cgh embryo testing, treatment for implantation failure (3-4mo Lupron depot) prednisone and ivig/intralipid infusions. I had it all!...All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them...Boutique feel, clean& organized...you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
I had a long infertility journey and just wish I found Dr Tortoriello and his colleagues sooner. His clinic is not a factory like many of the other academic centers in NYC. The doctor will see you at every appointment, the doctor explains things to you, and the doctor KNOWS your history. The doctors here are also better than most academic centers in that they have the best training but also consider every aspect of infertility before putting you through more cycles (egg quality, immune therapy, implantation failure etc). Too many places in NYC blow off patients with autoimmunity or implantation failures but Dr Tortoriello (and his colleagues) will be able to manage it and bring success if you stick with it!!!! I’m so thankful for their help in creating my family.
Make an appointment and be willing to adjust your personal schedule to see the doctor every time. Don’t go to a factory with rotating doctors!! It’s worth it.
Dr T had to give me bad news many times and he is gentle/kind but also honest/pragmatic and will get you through to the best results that are possible for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: All are excellent -too many to list )
All of the nurses are great- I’ve worked with all of them
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique feel, clean& organized. Again- you must make an appointment with your doctor as there are not bulk monitoring sessions. You are a person and not a number. They will know you. This is essential with something as stressful as an infertility battle
Some though insurance some out of pocket
I was aligned with Dr T in that I preferred eSET. After such a long infertility journey, the last thing I wanted was a high risk multiples pregnancy!

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean...As our infertility was unexplained, we started with IUI which unfortunately did not work. After a few tries we moved to IVF which worked perfectly. Sadly we had a miscarriage and later discovered it would be due to autoimmune problems.
Drew Tortoriello is a great doctor who takes huge cafe of his patients. He really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
You are in good hands!
Dr T and his team would always answer all my questions via email or in person and treated me with a lot of care. Even when the autoimmune doctor recommended a protocol he thought was too strong for me, we would analyze it in detail and tailor it to my needs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean
Very reasonable costa always as they work with insurances
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...His dedication to helping families is remarkable. He made me feel like there was never a question that I could have children - I needed that confidence! Also his approach to finding my fertility issues were methodical and clear. He also takes a holistic health approach to figuring out an issue. Simply put, I would not have gotten pregnant without Dr T.
Excellent and responsive staff [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York]. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment...Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...Luckily my insurance covered the treatments (I required testing and small procedures), so fortunately they were reasonable
Trust him and don’t give up. Use him as a resource.
He was always specific in his directions - ie what day to come in for ovarian reserve check and when to evaluate tubes, and what time to take meds etc. He also responded to emails at all times which is very appreciated!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Excellent and responsive staff. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

With a frozen embryo transfer and genetic testing Dr Dicken advised the chances of success were high enough only one embryo was needed and we had success!...never made me feel rushed and always took her time to explain everything to me...She was kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. She even caught complications two other doctors I consulted with missed. She always took her time with me and fully explained everything. She’s the best and I will use her again.
All the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were very friendly and knowledgeable...The care was pricey but in line with anywhere else and definitely not the most expensive. They did offer financing though I didn’t take advantage of it...Loved the clinic. Everyone was very friendly. Easy to get in touch with them and to get an appointment. Never really had to wait. Everything was very clean and I always felt comfortable. Everyone was very professional. I will gladly go to them again for our next and already have recommended them to friends.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If things don’t work as planned first try keep trying and don’t loose hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Dicken never made me feel rushed and always took her time to explain everything to me.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
She supported egg transfer with medication/hormones which I think made all the difference.
All the nurses were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken is a skilled doctor who is willing to treat patients with severely diminished ovarian reserve. I went to retrieval with an AFC of 7 and an AMH of below .4. She specializes in this type of treatment and did not overmedicate me, in order to avoid compromising the quality of remaining eggs. She was willing to incorporate HGH at my suggestion, based on outside research I had done. At one point we had some communication glitches, which resulted in our having to delay a cycle, but we came to learn this was more the result of failed communication between her and the office staff. We are very grateful to her for her willingness to help patients like me - she will go to retrieval for only one egg, because she understands how precious that one egg is.
SHER is willing to work with patients who have DOR which was our biggest priority. I previously did a cycle at RMA who treated me like a number for sure. All doctors are skilled in this sub-area. The clinic is great about sending instructions and calendars, has very responsive and communicative staff who are always available by email, and has a great late-night nursing call back system. I would highly recommend for a patient with diminished ovarian reserve as they are one of few clinics who will go to retrieval for one or two eggs.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Ask questions, and be sure that you understand every aspect of the proposed treatment as well as the rationale. Maintain communication throughout.
Dr. Dicken is excellent at maintaining active correspondence during treatment. She always responded to our emails, which were often sent during periods of heightened emotion and anxiety, within 24 hours, and was both reassuring and realistic. She always read our chart before seeing us, and asked us how we were before delivering news.
Our first cycle, we used 150iu of Menopur and 150iu of Gonal F, then added in 250mg of Cetrotide three days before retrieval. We triggered with HCG. The rationale was to not overmedicate, as I have DOR and too much medication can compromise the quality of eggs. We retrieved 4 eggs, and froze one 5-day embryo, which tested PGS normal. The second cycle, we hoped to have similar results but possibly retrieve more eggs without compromising quality, so we kept the protocol the same for the first five days, but then increased the Gonal f to 225iu on the sixth day, and added 1mL of Omnitrope (HGH) to increase egg quality. We also started the Cetrotide sooner to allow the eggs to grow a bit longer while preventing premature ovulation. We triggered with a combination of HCG and Lupron. That cycle, we retrieved 9 eggs, though only 6 were mature. Of those six, three made it past day 3, and 2 made it to freeze. We tested both - one came back PGS normal, and the other was inconclusive (the cells that were biopsied did not have enough DNA to run the test - annoying). We are about to start a third cycle and will probably keep the treatment the same as the second, because we were happy with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian Gerges)
Marian was responsive, kind, and organized. We had one problem with communication that was frustrating - when we started our second cycle we did not have a full consultation, only a partial, so some decisions were made without our knowledge. They were responsive and rectified the situation with a mid-cycle consultation. We will not make the mistake again - the office staff in that case needed to be better as communicating as an entire team, but Marian herself was great. she even answered our late-night call when we had a panic attack about administering the double trigger We really love her and hope to work with her again.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We had two cycles covered by insurance. The next will be self pay. The first two cycles came out to about 5K each including the cost of PGS testing and co-pays. They have quoted the self pay cycle at about 12K.
Dr. Dicken recommends transferring two past the age of 35, though she is more cautious with PGS-tested normal embryos and the last time we spoke, indicated that it was ultimately up to us. We will most likely transfer the PGS normal embryo along with the inconclusive embryo at the same time, because that (according to her) gives us the highest chance of a single live birth. Overall, she is a good combination of realistic but cautious.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
As written in the nursing section, we had a glitch with our second cycle where the staff didn't give us a full consultation appointment so decisions were being made without communicating to us the rationale. Also, we had to delay a cycle because Dr. Dicken didn't tell us to abstain from intercourse in the weeks prior and didn't want to risk proceeding if I was possibly pregnant (I wasn't). This was very frustrating, though they were responsive to our concerns. Overall we were happy enough with the outcome and so grateful to her for treating us with DOR that we took this as a lesson to always make sure we are asking the right questions and insisting on appointments and rationale. We will take it upon ourselves to be hypervigilant in the future. This is the only reason for the lower ratings.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout [my cycle with Dr. Drew Tortoriello]...a very calm and reassuring physician...Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly...He doesn't make promises, but he will take so much of the anxiety out of the process. If you need someone who is reassuring, honest, and thoughtful, Dr. T your best bet.
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility]. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband... I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
I met with a RE at another clinic before working with Dr. Tortoriello and the experience was like night and day. While the other physician had zero beside manner and barely let me speak, Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly. If I pursue more IVF, it would definitely be under his care.
Dr. Tortoriello is a very calm and reassuring physician. He presented information without editorializing or imposing any judgement.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout. Gonal-F started at 300 but increased to 350. Menopur started at 75 and increased to 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher has a pretty good system so for the most part you only deal with your primary physician. I had to come in on the weekend once for an ultrasound and met a different doctor on call but in terms of the care I received, it was the same.
I was able to use my insurance to cover my care, although we paid for medications out-of-pocket. I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] is quiet and introverted...For the first two FET rounds: Crinone Estrace Prednisone (slightly elevated NK levels) Lovenox (for slightly elevated anticardiolipin) Intralipids (slightly elevated NK levels) For third, I switched to PIO thinking maybe it was affecting implantation, skipped prednisone and intralipids and waited on the lovenox until a positive beta. This transfer worked, and so far so good.
[Sher Fertility has] Appointments rather than open monitoring...Don't feel like a number...It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized...Modern facilities Modern communications...Financial coordination is great...She [nurse] was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email...I believe they misplaced a test result (test for initial clearance for an FET) but overall were very organized
Dr T is a wonderful person, and I feel safe and well cared for with him. He knows his stuff and has zero ego. He is open to experimental treatment but committed to the standard fundamentals. I did have two failed transfers with him, however, with tested embryos. He recommended a very different protocol than I had had previously, and I wonder if it was too different, or too out there. His protocol included things like prednisone and intralipids, which I know are controversial. When I wanted to switch back to a more standard protocol he was very supportive, and so far this one has worked (I'm 11 weeks). I would feel very comfortable going to him for a future cycle.
You must do your own research and be proactive! He is quiet and introverted ... Make sure you ask all your questions!
His bedside care is amazing. He is warm, open, and caring. He listens and is incredibly patient. He remembers my case and responds to every email!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
She was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email. Seems to know her stuff but for some reason I'm not blown away by her capabilities as a nurse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique Appointments rather than open monitoring Don't feel like a number It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized Modern facilities Modern communications Financial coordination is great
$1540 per transfer with insurance Plus other costs
He was very open and asked my preference. Because I said single without hesitating, we didn't discuss it further
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken was always clear, efficient, and realistic but positive. She responded to emails quickly, within 24 hours on weekends and much sooner during business hours. She easily answered any questions I had, and I always felt cared for. She went out of her way to support me when a cycle went awry financially and while it was a small thing for her, it made a huge difference to me. She responded conscientiously to my financial needs as well as my body to adjust treatment and I never felt like I wasn't getting the best care just because I couldn't afford every option.
Very nice facility [Sher Fertility of NY]. Some weird art. The staff knew me and again always struck me as efficient and conscientious. While Dr. Dicken was based on the 6th floor mostly, many procedures are on the third floor, and that could sometimes be confusing. Doctors cover for each other occasionally, and the in interactions I had with Dr. Tortoriello and Dr. Wang, I found them both pleasant, responsive and effective.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If you're not sure, ask and she'll tell you.
Dr. Dicken and nurses and staff at the clinic were all kind and responsive in communicating.
I had exhausted my covered IVF cycles and prescriptions and was limited to paying out of pocket for all drugs but had unlimited covered IUI cycles. She prescribed letrazole for low side-effect follicle stimulation, which I responded well to, producing 3-6 follicles for each of 5 cycles, the third resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Around that time, she suggested injectables would produce more eggs, if I could afford it. After two more negative cycles, I felt I was ready to try the more aggressive injectables. She gave me the choice of Menopur or Gonal-F, giving me a timeline and estimated number of doses, saying the output would be about the same. She did not indicate that the number of doses could go much higher, based on how my body responded, but it did, by five days, the follicles needing more time to grow than anticipated. I might have made a different choice had I known, but when it happened, I couldn't just scrap the cycle and while I did incur some unforeseen debt, she helped me out with a box of Menopur they had on hand at the clinic. This made a big difference to me both in how much I had to pay and struck me as a caring, humane gesture that certainly she didn't have to make. It was worth it, though, since that sixth cycle has ended up in a viable pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
The nursing staff I encountered on visits were always kind, professional and efficient. I wish they all wore name tags because I often ended up seeing the same people and while they knew me, after a while, it was awkward not to know theirs and to have to ask. Jacqueline, the coordinating nurse, once or twice was party to minor miscommunication, but it was always resolved quickly. She always had a lovely affect, which goes a long way.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very nice facility. Some weird art. The staff knew me and again always struck me as efficient and conscientious. While Dr. Dicken was based on the 6th floor mostly, many procedures are on the third floor, and that could sometimes be confusing. Doctors cover for each other occasionally, and the in interactions I had with Dr. Tortoriello and Dr. Wang, I found them both pleasant, responsive and effective.
$50 copay each visit--30 for seeing the doctor, 20 for labs whether I had them done or not. I was billed later for fees. I ended up spending an average of $800 a month at the clinic and on associated out-of-pocket drug costs (I used Kings in Brooklyn) for IUI cycles using letrozole. I did not investigate discount online fertility pharmacies, and I wish I had.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Once a prescription was not sent in to the pharmacy. I sent an email and they remedied it quickly.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T. [Tortoriello] is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results.... I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They [Sher Fertility of NY] accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.... On one occasion my test results were misread and they asked me to proceed with stims on a cycle that would have ended up being canceled due to a lead follicle.
He is patient and understanding of what his patients are going through. He is also very candid but you have to ask a lot of questions and be an educated patient. I had to ask about other options available. At times, I felt as a number. On one occasion he misread my test results and didn’t realize until I questioned it. He is very responsive to emails and gets back to you promptly which is great but his emails were abbreviated.
Be an educated patient. Ask questions. Schedule follow-up appointments.
Dr T. is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results. If you do remote monitoring like I did, I would recommend arranging follow-up phone consultations after each monitoring. I found his emails too brief so I always had follow-up questions. All in all, I would have appreciated more communication and personal guidance.
I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur. He added another injectable to prevent early ovulation around D11. He then had me go in every couple of days and adjusted my dosage according to the results. he added HGH during my 2nd cycle which got cancelled due to a lead follicle.
Cecilia is organized and helpful. On one occasion, she located a local pharmacy close to midnight for me when I was traveling and that allowed me to continue stims.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do remote monitoring in another state, so Im not aware of Sher's practice when it comes to monitoring
I haven't received a bill yet.