425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Appoints always available [at Sher Fertility of NY], easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc...[Dr. Tortoriello] always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way...My experience over the past 2 years was wonderful all the way through. After 3 failed IUI treatments, we were ready to proceed into IVF. Dr T was there for us every step of the way. We valued his opinion 100 % and he always made us feel like we were all in this together. After 1 cycle of IVF, I am now in week 13 of my first pregnancy :) baby is strong and healthy, thanks Dr T!!!
To be open and honest no matter what, because that’s how Dr T can best guide you
Dr. T always made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. Always matter of fact and able to answer anything we sent his way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecelia)
Every single nurse at Sher was amazing! Shout out to Cindy :)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Appoints always available, easy to work through and insurance / payment questions. The staff was always accommodating and there to help with anything needed. Great teachers as well! During IVF the nurses were great at helping to set up ordering all meds, showing how to inject, etc
My insurance is AMAZING I’ll I paid for was my deductible - which was to cover the IVF meds. No other out of pockets payments at all
My husband and I always thought we wanted to transfer 2 embryos when the time came. Dr T walked us through the benefits and risk factors that 2 could possibly bring onto myself and the embryos. I’m a very small at 5ft 110lbs and his option really matters to us. We decided on 1 embryo transfer for the best possible outcome
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

With a frozen embryo transfer and genetic testing Dr Dicken advised the chances of success were high enough only one embryo was needed and we had success!...never made me feel rushed and always took her time to explain everything to me...She was kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. She even caught complications two other doctors I consulted with missed. She always took her time with me and fully explained everything. She’s the best and I will use her again.
All the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were very friendly and knowledgeable...The care was pricey but in line with anywhere else and definitely not the most expensive. They did offer financing though I didn’t take advantage of it...Loved the clinic. Everyone was very friendly. Easy to get in touch with them and to get an appointment. Never really had to wait. Everything was very clean and I always felt comfortable. Everyone was very professional. I will gladly go to them again for our next and already have recommended them to friends.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If things don’t work as planned first try keep trying and don’t loose hope.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Dicken never made me feel rushed and always took her time to explain everything to me.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
She supported egg transfer with medication/hormones which I think made all the difference.
All the nurses were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken is a skilled doctor who is willing to treat patients with severely diminished ovarian reserve. I went to retrieval with an AFC of 7 and an AMH of below .4. She specializes in this type of treatment and did not overmedicate me, in order to avoid compromising the quality of remaining eggs. She was willing to incorporate HGH at my suggestion, based on outside research I had done. At one point we had some communication glitches, which resulted in our having to delay a cycle, but we came to learn this was more the result of failed communication between her and the office staff. We are very grateful to her for her willingness to help patients like me - she will go to retrieval for only one egg, because she understands how precious that one egg is.
SHER is willing to work with patients who have DOR which was our biggest priority. I previously did a cycle at RMA who treated me like a number for sure. All doctors are skilled in this sub-area. The clinic is great about sending instructions and calendars, has very responsive and communicative staff who are always available by email, and has a great late-night nursing call back system. I would highly recommend for a patient with diminished ovarian reserve as they are one of few clinics who will go to retrieval for one or two eggs.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Ask questions, and be sure that you understand every aspect of the proposed treatment as well as the rationale. Maintain communication throughout.
Dr. Dicken is excellent at maintaining active correspondence during treatment. She always responded to our emails, which were often sent during periods of heightened emotion and anxiety, within 24 hours, and was both reassuring and realistic. She always read our chart before seeing us, and asked us how we were before delivering news.
Our first cycle, we used 150iu of Menopur and 150iu of Gonal F, then added in 250mg of Cetrotide three days before retrieval. We triggered with HCG. The rationale was to not overmedicate, as I have DOR and too much medication can compromise the quality of eggs. We retrieved 4 eggs, and froze one 5-day embryo, which tested PGS normal. The second cycle, we hoped to have similar results but possibly retrieve more eggs without compromising quality, so we kept the protocol the same for the first five days, but then increased the Gonal f to 225iu on the sixth day, and added 1mL of Omnitrope (HGH) to increase egg quality. We also started the Cetrotide sooner to allow the eggs to grow a bit longer while preventing premature ovulation. We triggered with a combination of HCG and Lupron. That cycle, we retrieved 9 eggs, though only 6 were mature. Of those six, three made it past day 3, and 2 made it to freeze. We tested both - one came back PGS normal, and the other was inconclusive (the cells that were biopsied did not have enough DNA to run the test - annoying). We are about to start a third cycle and will probably keep the treatment the same as the second, because we were happy with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian Gerges)
Marian was responsive, kind, and organized. We had one problem with communication that was frustrating - when we started our second cycle we did not have a full consultation, only a partial, so some decisions were made without our knowledge. They were responsive and rectified the situation with a mid-cycle consultation. We will not make the mistake again - the office staff in that case needed to be better as communicating as an entire team, but Marian herself was great. she even answered our late-night call when we had a panic attack about administering the double trigger We really love her and hope to work with her again.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We had two cycles covered by insurance. The next will be self pay. The first two cycles came out to about 5K each including the cost of PGS testing and co-pays. They have quoted the self pay cycle at about 12K.
Dr. Dicken recommends transferring two past the age of 35, though she is more cautious with PGS-tested normal embryos and the last time we spoke, indicated that it was ultimately up to us. We will most likely transfer the PGS normal embryo along with the inconclusive embryo at the same time, because that (according to her) gives us the highest chance of a single live birth. Overall, she is a good combination of realistic but cautious.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
As written in the nursing section, we had a glitch with our second cycle where the staff didn't give us a full consultation appointment so decisions were being made without communicating to us the rationale. Also, we had to delay a cycle because Dr. Dicken didn't tell us to abstain from intercourse in the weeks prior and didn't want to risk proceeding if I was possibly pregnant (I wasn't). This was very frustrating, though they were responsive to our concerns. Overall we were happy enough with the outcome and so grateful to her for treating us with DOR that we took this as a lesson to always make sure we are asking the right questions and insisting on appointments and rationale. We will take it upon ourselves to be hypervigilant in the future. This is the only reason for the lower ratings.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Wang] was immediately completely different from what I had experienced at a much bigger clinic. He is patient and kind and thoughtful and researches your case. His responses to your emails are extremely thorough. When I did a test with him (EFT test for implantation and it came back with suspected endometriosis) - he referred me to someone outside of their practice for further diagnosis and surgery. When I didn't agree with Dr Wangs suggestion of taking Lupron and forgoing the surgery, he was very agreeable and worked with the surgeon and continued to be responsive and available.
All of the nurses and coordinators at Sher are very responsive... they're generally very competent....Sher is a small clinic. You won't be in a massive waiting room of people for monitoring hours. You will only see your doctor for monitoring so you will have to work with their schedules a bit but it's worth it. It's not the most modern office...I had a few instances where prescriptions were called in wrong and I had to redo them. a few times my med chart was different than what I had discussed with the doctor but wasn't conveyed to the nurse.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
My background - I started seeing Dr. Wang after a terrible experience at another clinic. He was immediately completely different from what I had experienced at a much bigger clinic. He is patient and kind and thoughtful and researches your case. His responses to your emails are extremely thorough. When I did a test with him (EFT test for implantation and it came back with suspected endometriosis) - he referred me to someone outside of their practice for further diagnosis and surgery. When I didn't agree with Dr Wangs suggestion of taking Lupron and forgoing the surgery, he was very agreeable and worked with the surgeon and continued to be responsive and available. I really valued that even when I went to see someone else he was still open to hearing opinions and thoughts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Meet him. Do the consultation. Ignore that Sher may have lower SART stats (and really not statistically significant) than other big NYC clinics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
In spite of still not being successful, I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Wang. He is responsive, compassionate, thoughtful. He responds to emails on nights, weekends, all the time really, with thorough responses. He always asks what you think, too. Doesn't just give his opinion. He's open to your thoughts and feedback but is also authoritative when you need him to be. He manages all your monitoring appointments. His bedside manner is great. It feels like he is really invested in your success.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Round 1 : standard protocol - menopur, gonal f, ganirellex -- cycle cancelled due to too few follicles, converted to iui Diminished reserve diagnosis Round 2 : birth control pills, ganirellex to start - menopur, gonal f -- cycle cancelled. Low follicle count. Round 3 : birth control pills, gonal f, menopur, ganirellex, trigger shot -- 5 follicles retrieved, 4 fertilized, no blasts Round 4: similar to round 3, 4 follicles, converted to iui Round 5: similar to round 3 & 4, introduced steroid for inflammation; cancelled around day 5. Few follicles. Moved to donor embryos EFT test - revealed high levels of cyclin E consistent with possible endometriosis-- referred to surgeon for endo excision and immune panel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie )
All of the nurses and coordinators at Sher are very responsive. Like all clinics I do think you have to stay on top of them and be constantly checking that the plan is the same you agreed with the dr, the orders have been placed, etc. but they're generally very competent.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher is a small clinic. You won't be in a massive waiting room of people for monitoring hours. You will only see your doctor for monitoring so you will have to work with their schedules a bit but it's worth it. It's not the most modern office but everyone is very nice and you feel taken care of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
United healthcare coverage - 80/20 after $4k deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had a few instances where prescriptions were called in wrong and I had to redo them. And a few times my med chart was different than what I had discussed with the doctor but wasn't conveyed to the nurse.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Wang] treats you with so much compassion and he is the very best at what he does. He tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off, or didn't bother to look into at all...Jeff is really good with cases of poor responders (aka diminished ovarian reserve). ..Jeff is so patient about working with us through that plan. If he can't help us get pregnant, I am convinced no RE can...I've never met a doctor quite like Jeff before. Jeff really makes me feel like part of the team that is treating our infertility and not just a number in a paper gown.
The clinic [Sher] itself seemed to be undergoing some changes in management right around the time that I became a patient there. The financial division was somewhat difficult to work with prior to the onset of my cycle. But the clinic itself, or rather the chain of clinics, are nationally renowned for their outside of the box thinking and their successes with the most difficult of cases....Everyone seemed efficient. I don't have a lot to say about the nursing staff.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I can't stress this enough: if you have been to other clinics and have had failed IVF cycles but you are not done fighting infertility yet, you absolutely need to go see Jeff. He treats you with so much compassion and he is the very best at what he does. He tested us for things that other clinics either overlooked and blew off, or didn't bother to look into at all. We aren't pregnant yet, but we have plan of action and Jeff is so patient about working with us through that plan. If he can't help us get pregnant, I am convinced no RE can.
He's so worth it. I don't even live in NY. He's that worth it.
Jeff is really good with cases of poor responders (aka diminished ovarian reserve). Our first attempt with him I responded too quickly and unevenly so we cancelled, and the second time around we adjusted a few things and everything went much more smoothly. It was my 9th and 10th attempt overall and Jeff really studied all of my prior cycles so that he knew what had worked and not worked in the past.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Everyone seemed efficient. I don't have a lot to say about the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic itself seemed to be undergoing some changes in management right around the time that I became a patient there. The financial division was somewhat difficult to work with prior to the onset of my cycle. But the clinic itself, or rather the chain of clinics, are nationally renowned for their outside of the box thinking and their successes with the most difficult of cases.
This clinic is costlier than other clinics.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We have not yet transferred. We have only done retrievals with freezing. I believe that he assesses these things on a case by case basis.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout [my cycle with Dr. Drew Tortoriello]...a very calm and reassuring physician...Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly...He doesn't make promises, but he will take so much of the anxiety out of the process. If you need someone who is reassuring, honest, and thoughtful, Dr. T your best bet.
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility]. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband... I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
I met with a RE at another clinic before working with Dr. Tortoriello and the experience was like night and day. While the other physician had zero beside manner and barely let me speak, Dr. T really explained everything and answered all my questions. You can tell he cares deeply about patients, and I never felt like a number. I could email him and he would reply very quickly. If I pursue more IVF, it would definitely be under his care.
Dr. Tortoriello is a very calm and reassuring physician. He presented information without editorializing or imposing any judgement.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide. My follicles grew slowly so I had a long stimming cycle and adjustments were made throughout. Gonal-F started at 300 but increased to 350. Menopur started at 75 and increased to 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
I absolutely loved working with Lindsay. She was so incredibly helpful and responsive. Having that kind of support made me feel like I had a team going through the process with me, rather than just me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher has a pretty good system so for the most part you only deal with your primary physician. I had to come in on the weekend once for an ultrasound and met a different doctor on call but in terms of the care I received, it was the same.
I was able to use my insurance to cover my care, although we paid for medications out-of-pocket. I had a couple of great conversations with the Financial Coordinator who practically gave me a line item budget of what everything would cost, what insurance covered, etc. It was so very helpful to go into the process with a clear picture of what we would need to pay upfront.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Tortoriello] is quiet and introverted...For the first two FET rounds: Crinone Estrace Prednisone (slightly elevated NK levels) Lovenox (for slightly elevated anticardiolipin) Intralipids (slightly elevated NK levels) For third, I switched to PIO thinking maybe it was affecting implantation, skipped prednisone and intralipids and waited on the lovenox until a positive beta. This transfer worked, and so far so good.
[Sher Fertility has] Appointments rather than open monitoring...Don't feel like a number...It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized...Modern facilities Modern communications...Financial coordination is great...She [nurse] was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email...I believe they misplaced a test result (test for initial clearance for an FET) but overall were very organized
Dr T is a wonderful person, and I feel safe and well cared for with him. He knows his stuff and has zero ego. He is open to experimental treatment but committed to the standard fundamentals. I did have two failed transfers with him, however, with tested embryos. He recommended a very different protocol than I had had previously, and I wonder if it was too different, or too out there. His protocol included things like prednisone and intralipids, which I know are controversial. When I wanted to switch back to a more standard protocol he was very supportive, and so far this one has worked (I'm 11 weeks). I would feel very comfortable going to him for a future cycle.
You must do your own research and be proactive! He is quiet and introverted ... Make sure you ask all your questions!
His bedside care is amazing. He is warm, open, and caring. He listens and is incredibly patient. He remembers my case and responds to every email!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
She was very responsive and supportive. Easy to talk to by email. Seems to know her stuff but for some reason I'm not blown away by her capabilities as a nurse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Boutique Appointments rather than open monitoring Don't feel like a number It's almost always empty which makes me nervous! Big staff and sometimes feels disorganized Modern facilities Modern communications Financial coordination is great
$1540 per transfer with insurance Plus other costs
He was very open and asked my preference. Because I said single without hesitating, we didn't discuss it further
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

This clinic [Sher] is great to work with whether you are local to NY or if you live in another city. By being so easy to communicate with the nurses and the doctors, you never feel like you are far away or that you will be forgotten. They do make mistakes now and then... The only team that can be difficult to get answers from is the financial team...The other nurses - Cecilia and Lindsay - are also great. They are quick to reply to emails, and send out prescriptions to pharmacies quickly and to other clinics if you are monitoring remotely.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. He takes the time to answer all of your questions thoroughly. It is amazing and refreshing that patients are able to contact him directly instead of just communicating via nurses. Dr Wang understands that the infertility journey is difficult, scary, and ambiguous. He is open to ideas from his patients, but he will also tell you when he disagrees and the reasons why. You also never feel like his recommendations are just part of a script. Your protocols and other tests are always done for a specific reason and he will tell you those reasons. His bedside manner is warm, friendly, and compassionate. He takes the time to communicate both good and difficult information directly to his patients. Perhaps the only criticism is that sometimes he will leave some decisions up to his patients when sometimes as a patient you just want to be told what to do. However, he only does this when the outcome for either decision will remain unknown until tried, as every individual will react differently and there is know way to know ahead of time. Above all, you feel like you are part of a true doctor-patient relationship with Dr Wang and you feel like you can trust his recommendations. Even when some cycles don't work out as you hoped, you never feel like noone was watching or that a true attempt wasn't made. And that makes such a difference in the journey.
Ask every question you have, no matter how silly you think it might be. Dr Wang is a rare doctor that never makes you feel like any question is dumb, or that you are bothering him or insulting his role as a doctor.
Dr Wang gives very personalized care. And you can actually communicate with him directly. He takes the time to explain what he recommends and you never feel like he is just throwing out a cookie-cutter protocol.
Micro-dose lupron with Follitism and hgh - 1st cycle cancelled due to only 4 follicles growing. 2nd cycle - retrieved 4 eggs. Antagonist with follistim and hgh - 1st cycle cancelled due to low response. 2nd cycle - 5 eggs retrieved. Micro-dose lupron with Follitism, hgh, letrezole - 7 eggs retrieved.
Dr Wang has great nurses. Leslie is the main nurse and Dr Wang's right hand. She's amazing. The other nurses - Cecilia and Lindsay - are also great. They are quick to reply to emails, and send out prescriptions to pharmacies quickly and to other clinics if you are monitoring remotely.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic is great to work with whether you are local to NY or if you live in another city. By being so easy to communicate with the nurses and the doctors, you never feel like you are far away or that you will be forgotten. They do make mistakes now and then as all clinics, and people in general, are apt to make, but because they are so readily available through email, corrections are made quickly. The only team that can be difficult to get answers from is the financial team.
$9950 freeze all cycle - if monitoring not done at Sher. $3820 - FET (does not include monitoring. I'm a remote patient) $1800 - PGS testing. covered up to 8 embryos over 9 months.
Dr Wang approved transferring 3 embryos due to my age and embryo quality. Otherwise, I'm not sure if he has strong feelings to doing eSET vs multiple in other circumstances.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
There was a miscommunication in follistim dosage that was put on the calendar that was sent out. But I was able to confirm with Dr Wang directly with what had been discussed previously for dosage, and the nurse sent out a corrected calendar.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The moment my husband and I met Dr. Wang we felt a breath of fresh air...Dr. Wang sat with us and answered ALL of our questions. Not once did we feel rushed. He made us feel like all of our questions were important questions. He also suggested supplements that he felt might help us and told us not to hesitate to contact him via email...For my current cycle, Dr. Wang suggested I lower my sim doses...
I liked this clinic [Sher] very much. Everything was organized and I always felt I was treated with respect. The nurses were always friendly and there was never a long wait. I was always seen within minutes of arriving at the office. Since I am a teacher, the office staff worked with me to accommodate my schedule. I like how they communicate via email and are always quick to answer any questions.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang truly listens to his patients' concerns and does his best to answer any questions with complete honesty. Every time I asked him something, he was quick to offer his suggestions and feedback about what he think would work best for my cycle. At every appointment he sat with me for a few extra minutes so that he could answer all of my questions. I never felt rushed! He never hesitated to make sure I felt comfortable with the course of action.
If you have felt that all doctors have given up hope on you, please seek out Dr. Wang!
The moment my husband and I met Dr. Wang we felt a breath of fresh air. Coming off a very bad experience with a different doctor at a different clinic, we felt we were given no other options but donor eggs, after only one IVF cycle. On the contrary, Dr. Wang sat with us and answered ALL of our questions. Not once did we feel rushed. He made us feel like all of our questions were important questions. He also suggested supplements that he felt might help us and told us not to hesitate to contact him via email. I already felt like I was in good hands even though we hadn't even started our cycle yet. Whenever I emailed Dr. Wang he was always quick to write a response. It felt good that Dr. Wang actually cared.
For my current cycle, Dr. Wang suggested I lower my sim doses. At my prior clinic I was on very high doses, but Dr.Wang felt that lower doses would be just as effective. I was on Gonal, Menopur, Omnitrope, and also Predisone. I also did a double trigger for egg retrieval.
All the nurses at Sher were extremely organized and caring. I liked how they provided me with an email of what I had to do during sims. I liked this much better than phone communication. If I had any questions, I could email the nurse. Anytime I emailed them, they always got right back to me.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I liked this clinic very much. Everything was organized and I always felt I was treated with respect. The nurses were always friendly and there was never a long wait. I was always seen within minutes of arriving at the office. Since I am a teacher, the office staff worked with me to accommodate my schedule. I like how they communicate via email and are always quick to answer any questions.
I believe my treatment was approximately $7,000 with my insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken was always clear, efficient, and realistic but positive. She responded to emails quickly, within 24 hours on weekends and much sooner during business hours. She easily answered any questions I had, and I always felt cared for. She went out of her way to support me when a cycle went awry financially and while it was a small thing for her, it made a huge difference to me. She responded conscientiously to my financial needs as well as my body to adjust treatment and I never felt like I wasn't getting the best care just because I couldn't afford every option.
Very nice facility [Sher Fertility of NY]. Some weird art. The staff knew me and again always struck me as efficient and conscientious. While Dr. Dicken was based on the 6th floor mostly, many procedures are on the third floor, and that could sometimes be confusing. Doctors cover for each other occasionally, and the in interactions I had with Dr. Tortoriello and Dr. Wang, I found them both pleasant, responsive and effective.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If you're not sure, ask and she'll tell you.
Dr. Dicken and nurses and staff at the clinic were all kind and responsive in communicating.
I had exhausted my covered IVF cycles and prescriptions and was limited to paying out of pocket for all drugs but had unlimited covered IUI cycles. She prescribed letrazole for low side-effect follicle stimulation, which I responded well to, producing 3-6 follicles for each of 5 cycles, the third resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Around that time, she suggested injectables would produce more eggs, if I could afford it. After two more negative cycles, I felt I was ready to try the more aggressive injectables. She gave me the choice of Menopur or Gonal-F, giving me a timeline and estimated number of doses, saying the output would be about the same. She did not indicate that the number of doses could go much higher, based on how my body responded, but it did, by five days, the follicles needing more time to grow than anticipated. I might have made a different choice had I known, but when it happened, I couldn't just scrap the cycle and while I did incur some unforeseen debt, she helped me out with a box of Menopur they had on hand at the clinic. This made a big difference to me both in how much I had to pay and struck me as a caring, humane gesture that certainly she didn't have to make. It was worth it, though, since that sixth cycle has ended up in a viable pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
The nursing staff I encountered on visits were always kind, professional and efficient. I wish they all wore name tags because I often ended up seeing the same people and while they knew me, after a while, it was awkward not to know theirs and to have to ask. Jacqueline, the coordinating nurse, once or twice was party to minor miscommunication, but it was always resolved quickly. She always had a lovely affect, which goes a long way.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very nice facility. Some weird art. The staff knew me and again always struck me as efficient and conscientious. While Dr. Dicken was based on the 6th floor mostly, many procedures are on the third floor, and that could sometimes be confusing. Doctors cover for each other occasionally, and the in interactions I had with Dr. Tortoriello and Dr. Wang, I found them both pleasant, responsive and effective.
$50 copay each visit--30 for seeing the doctor, 20 for labs whether I had them done or not. I was billed later for fees. I ended up spending an average of $800 a month at the clinic and on associated out-of-pocket drug costs (I used Kings in Brooklyn) for IUI cycles using letrozole. I did not investigate discount online fertility pharmacies, and I wish I had.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Once a prescription was not sent in to the pharmacy. I sent an email and they remedied it quickly.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T. [Tortoriello] is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results.... I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They [Sher Fertility of NY] accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.... On one occasion my test results were misread and they asked me to proceed with stims on a cycle that would have ended up being canceled due to a lead follicle.
He is patient and understanding of what his patients are going through. He is also very candid but you have to ask a lot of questions and be an educated patient. I had to ask about other options available. At times, I felt as a number. On one occasion he misread my test results and didn’t realize until I questioned it. He is very responsive to emails and gets back to you promptly which is great but his emails were abbreviated.
Be an educated patient. Ask questions. Schedule follow-up appointments.
Dr T. is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results. If you do remote monitoring like I did, I would recommend arranging follow-up phone consultations after each monitoring. I found his emails too brief so I always had follow-up questions. All in all, I would have appreciated more communication and personal guidance.
I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur. He added another injectable to prevent early ovulation around D11. He then had me go in every couple of days and adjusted my dosage according to the results. he added HGH during my 2nd cycle which got cancelled due to a lead follicle.
Cecilia is organized and helpful. On one occasion, she located a local pharmacy close to midnight for me when I was traveling and that allowed me to continue stims.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do remote monitoring in another state, so Im not aware of Sher's practice when it comes to monitoring
I haven't received a bill yet.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. ... Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in ... Frequently, the persons responding to a phone call were confused as to who should be consulted on a particular question. Appointment times were sometimes shuffled.
My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. For that, we are eternally grateful
Dr. Tortoriello is a very tactful person. Try to tamper your aggression. Trust this doctor to do the best for you. Ulterior motives exit when Dr. T enters
A number is faceless, a human (especially, a patient) requires compassion, attention to details, understanding, and I dare say empathy. Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
Sometimes, there was confusion as to the appointment dates, test results, etc. We attribute this to a lack of primary nursing help assignment. No malice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in
The cost of the cycle (hormonal pre-retrieval therapy, egg retrieval, ICSI, pre-implantation hormonal therapy, PGS/PGD, fertilization, implantation) ran close to $20,000
Unfortunately, we did not have the luxury of having the availability of multiple embryos. Therefore, this question is moot

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Dicken was very compassionate...was always available on email and very through during all the consults I had including phone consults. She is a very kind woman and made me feel empowered and involved in my treatment plan. She never was condescending and she would get back to me with through responses via email during very stressful times and always put me at ease...I have DOR and we attempted to bank embryos and she usually stuck to the same protocol of low dose folistim and 1 vial of menopur but at my urging we did add other things into my protocol. I urged her to raise my dose once and she finally complied and it was a mistake and ended up a canceled cycle but I’m glad we at least tried.
My nurse Marian [at Sher Fertility of New York] was lovely. Jackie another nurse there was incredible to me. All the nurse staff even the ones that naturally had a rough way about them were all my angels...There were a few mishaps here and there but nothing egregious. Doctors and nurses are human too...PICSI cost $1000 even if it was just 2 eggs retrieved. Consults were $50. Most of my other costs I was lucky enough to have covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Dicken was always available on email and very through during all the consults I had including phone consults. She is a very kind woman and made me feel empowered and involved in my treatment plan. She never was condescending and she would get back to me with through responses via email during very stressful times and always put me at ease.
Tell her what you are thinking and she will work with you to do the best treatment for you.
I felt that this clinic treated me very well. Everyone was always kind as Dr. Dicken was very compassionate
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian)
My nurse Marian was lovely. Jackie another nurse there was incredible to me. All the nurse staff even the ones that naturally had a rough way about them were all my angels.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic is small and personal. The doctors are flexible and the nurse staff is wonderful. I felt well taken care of even though I did not have the outcome I wanted. When I got naturally pregnant after years of failed treatments I went back to this clinic because I could not imagine getting treatment from anywhere else. That was unfortunately a miscarriage at 8 weeks but I was so grateful to go through that surrounded by so many kind people who knew me.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

After 2 successful IVF cycles at another boutique clinic...that resulted in 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks (devastating), we switched to Dr. T[ortoriello]. During my initial consult with Dr. T he recommended a different protocol, adding several new medications. On my 1st cycle with Dr. T, I became pregnant and successfully carried to term and delivered a beautiful baby boy into the world. 2 years later, we went back to Dr. T., the man worked his magic again, and voila, we now have baby boy #2. I intend to visit Dr. T again soon as my husband is eager for baby boy #3...ha!
It was a combination of Dr. Tortoriello's bedside manner and the fact that Sher Institute's process is personable and didn't have the feel of an assembly line...After 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks while at another clinic, Dr. T added Lovenox and intralipids to my cycle medications. My previous clinic did not prescribe these. I was 27 during my 1st cycle, my husband was 45, and our issue becoming pregnant was likely male-factor though it also seemed that I had an issue maintaining pregnancy beyond 8 weeks.
It is my great honor and pleasure to write this recommendation for Dr. Tortoriello. He is a miracle worker. After 2 successful IVF cycles at another boutique clinic (on East 69th St. in Manhattan) that resulted in 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks (devastating), we switched to Dr. T. During my initial consult with Dr. T he recommended a different protocol, adding several new medications. On my 1st cycle with Dr. T, I became pregnant and successfully carried to term and delivered a beautiful baby boy into the world. 2 years later, we went back to Dr. T., the man worked his magic again, and voila, we now have baby boy #2. I intend to visit Dr. T again soon as my husband is eager for baby boy #3...ha!
Be proactive about your case. This is true for any fertility doctor you visit.
The nurses were friendly, organized and communicative.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility's strength is that it is a boutique clinic that can provide personalized care. You never feel like a number. The staff is professional, organized and efficient. They are open on weekends, and I never had any issues with wait times.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000.
After I had my first son Dr. T recommended eSET for subsequent transfers due to my age and success getting pregnant with previous transfers.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Wang may be the most compassionate doctor I have ever been treated by. He makes himself readily available and has always returned my emails the same day, whether I reached out in the morning, afternoon, or late evening. He is always the one to see me for all my appointments and spends the time afterwards to discuss with me any issues or questions that may have arisen...He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
The billing dept [at Sher] is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts...I have always been able to get the early morning appointments. The office is extremely quiet and I'm seen as soon as I check in.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. He is quick to respond to any and all questions that I may have (especially when I start to question or overthink everything or when I'm in a panic). He really is on this journey with you, and is rooting for you to have your dreams realized. He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
Run, don't walk to go see him!
We did IUIs with no medications that all failed. We moved on 5 IVF cycles that were also unsuccessful unfortunately. I was on letrozole, estrace, and Crinone for my frozen cycles. I was on gonal f, cetrotide, menopur and HCG for my fresh transfer cycles following retrieval.
Leslie is a great partner to Dr. Wang. She is quick to answer my emails and goes out of her way to help me out. I always got my prescriptions without any issues.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The billing dept is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts.
I had insurance coverage
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Wang] is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
You see your doctor at every appointment [at Sher Fertility of New York] (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info...We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions but trust in his answers.
Dr. Wang was very warm from the beginning. I had a difficult diagnosis and he remained realistic but positive. With Sher, you see you doctor with every monitoring appointment so it was great to have so much face time with Dr. Wang. Even when we received disappointing news, it felt like he was right there with you. I researched everything so always had a lot of questions. Dr. Wang would email back quickly and took the time to explain everything.
We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs. first attempt at IVF - Estrogen prime (EPP) 225 gonal f - canceled poor response and converted to IUI. IVF 1 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 6 eggs/3 blasts (freeze all) IVF 2 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 3 eggs/1 blast (freeze all)
All the nurses I have dealt with were wonderful, however I am unsure if they are still there.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
You see your doctor at every appointment (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info.
Insurance covered IUIs, partial IVF
We did not do any transfers
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Although Doctor Wang didn't have a lot of time the time that he did spend was meaningful. He always made me feel important and most of all he was extremely responsive via email. I've emailed other doctors and till this day some of them have yet to respond. Doctor Wang is an amazing doctor the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. In addition, he's extremely smart and thinks outside the box.
Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients... My insurance paid for two cycles with the doctor, but the times i paid cash it was extremely expensive.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, I can't say just how amazing he is. Smart, compassionate, and extremely responsive. I've dealt with other doctors for fertility and none of them can hold a candle to this doctor not even the doctors at NYU or Cornell. The only thing I wish is that prior to my third transfer we should have done more tests.
Before you do a transfer have doctor Wang do the tests like EFT especially if you've have prior failed transfers. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions via email, doctor Wang will always respond.
Doctor Wang used a low dose approach for me on mostly all of my cycles. Low dose of the stimulating drugs. For my first few retrievals we did microdose lupin and that worked with my first cycle with doctor Wang and I retrieved 5 eggs and transferred 4 on day three however the result was a chemical pregnancy. We used no more than 300 units of gonal f for the days that I stimulated. The doctor suggested low doses because i did not make a lot of eggs and the few I did make we didn't want to fry them. Ganirelex worked best for me as when I continued to use MDL i would ovulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie was great! Organized, responsive, and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Other staff members were not so great. The technician that assisted during my egg retrieval was unfortunately very nasty. I sent the clinic an email about her. I found this woman to be rude. Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients.
My doctor preferred using multiple embryos because of my age. I would not transfer more than 2 embryos in the future
Investment Banker
Email is [Dr. Drew Tortoriello's] best way of communication...My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron...was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable...During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt [at Sher Fertility of New York]. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
Dr T was fantastic from my consultation wiith him to having 17 embryos frozen! Having infertility issues is devestating but finding a doctor like him and now being able to plan a family is amazing. I am grateful for meeting him. Every appt I had with him was comfortable and fast. I would sometimes go on my lunch break and didn’t have to take much time off of work. During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
Email is his best way of communication and it was mine too because of work. That was perfect. Every email I sent was replied to within minutes by either the doctor or the nurse
Dr T was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable
I was on menapur, gonal f, and ganirelix. My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron. Afterwards I took a prescription to lower hormones along with ganirelex
I hate doing blood work because I have small veins but needed to do it every appt. but they were gentle and did a great job
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
I had Cigna so they covered most after I met my deductible. The prescription medicine was an expense I didn’t budget. Cigna covered it but I had to pay a copay and that was 1k
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Dicken was a kind and understanding doctor, who did not hesitate to give us the information we needed but was sensitive and considerate when she had bad news to deliver. She remembered us, kept in touch and was always available when we needed her...took the time to explain things when we had questions. She was encouraging but was always clear about risks and the probability of success.
We dealt closely with two or three nurses under Dr. Dicken [at Sher Fertility of New York]. All were excellent. They were not only professional but were warm and friendly. It made a big difference to us that even the receptionists at the front desk remembered our names and greeted us warmly every time we saw them...We compared facilities and found that costs at SHER were about average.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We found Dr. Dicken to be a consummate professional who gave us clear information and took the time to explain things when we had questions. She was encouraging but was always clear about risks and the probability of success. Dr. Dicken also remained available to us when we had questions for her. She responded promptly to emails and made sure that her staff followed up when necessary. We saw her at every appointment that involved a doctor. It is hard to overstate how important this was for us. We went to Dr. Dicken after first seeing a well-known doctor at a major facility who we found cold, remote and insensitive. By contrast, we felt comfortable with Dr. Dicken as our guide through this sometimes difficult process. After some setbacks, we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy and we are eternally grateful to Dr. Dicken for her help in getting us there.
The advice I would give is to see Dr. Dicken first before trying other facilities. Frankly, we wasted time and money with another doctor who was more of a big name but ended up a disappointment.
Dr. Dicken was a kind and understanding doctor, who did not hesitate to give us the information we needed but was sensitive and considerate when she had bad news to deliver. She remembered us, kept in touch and was always available when we needed her. In contrast to other doctors we saw, Dr. Dicken was as kind and warm as she was totally professional. That made a great difference to us as we were going through a stressful process.
When we first came to see Dr. Dicken, we were trying IVF using our own eggs. We knew the odds were against us - and Dr. Dicken was clear with us about the statistics - but we were not ready to give up. Dr. Dicken led us through two cycles and made some adjustments to the process. After two IVF cycles, we decided to use an egg donor. The first transfer was not successful, and Dr. Dicken again made some adjustments to the treatment. The second time it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We dealt closely with two or three nurses under Dr. Dicken. All were excellent. They were not only professional but were warm and friendly. It made a big difference to us that even the receptionists at the front desk remembered our names and greeted us warmly every time we saw them.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a relatively small clinic, which for us was a plus. Before going to SHER, we first went to another facility that was much larger and felt like an assembly line where no one knew our name; frankly, we came to feel unwelcome at this other facility, as though we were dragging down their success statistics. In contrast, SHER was a smaller, kinder and more welcoming place, while still being totally professional. As we were nearing the end of our treatment, SHER was sold to another company. Some changes started to happen, such as reorganization of offices and departments, but we saw only a little of this as we were on our way out (happily, we became pregnant and had a baby). So because we didn't have much experience with SHER after the sale, we don't feel that we can fully evaluate it today.
We compared facilities and found that costs at SHER were about average.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
One time, a nurse apparently lost some requested paperwork that we brought in and left at the front desk for her. We were annoyed with this but it was the only time anything like that happened. Otherwise they were completely organized and professional about all things.
Investment Banker
I saw Dr. Tortoriello for every visit. He did each and every ultrasound and at the end of each scan he told me exactly where he thought i was in the process in relation to where he thought I ought to be. He did both my egg harvest and embryo implantation. He responded to all my many emails, even during his Easter weekend. ... He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run [Sher Fertility of New York]. I waited never more than 10 minutes. ... They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit. ... She [nurse] communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process...which was a big deal for me as my husband travels a lot and it's easy to get overwhelmed if you are doing a lot of this immense process alone. His warmth and intellect I found to be a perfect combination.
Consult with him early onward and then make your choice.
We did an estrogen priming protocol that incorporated omnitrope (growth hormone). We were planning to do a fresh transfer but I had fluid in my uterus so we had to freeze and then do a frozen transfer. I had fluid in my uterus with my previous doctors but they downplayed it and both prior transfers with them failed. So Dr. Tortoriello was the first to acknowledge this and correct for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecily)
She communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run. I waited never more than 10 minutes. (Plus they have my favorite cookies out). They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit.
No issues...was out of pocket.
Dr. Tortoriello told me that twins were a high risk pregnancy so we opted to transfer just one blast and it took!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
She [Dr. Dicken] was so positive and encouraging. She was open to my own ideas and made me feel like we were partnering and not like I was a science project. At the same time she is professional knowledgeable and made a protocol that didn’t feel cookie cutter. ... Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with icsi. ... We transferred 2 as I was 44 at time of transfer. ...Embryo banking till we got enough embies to transfer.
On the clerical side [of Sher Fertility of New York], I was told the day before my transfer that I owed a substantial amount of money even though I was assured these charges were covered by insurance. I found it to be terrible timing and also not cool that the insurance coordinator wasn’t clean on what was covered. The lady was very sweet, but she needed to be more precise about that.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She was so positive and encouraging. She was open to my own ideas and made me feel like we were partnering and not like I was a science project. At the same time she is professional knowledgeable and made a protocol that didn’t feel cookie cutter.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and trust her instincts. I was so annoyed she sent me for an MRI of my uterus... it turns out my earlier RE’s totally missed that I had a uterine septum! Her instincts were right!
She a d her staff were just really cool and personable. They remember you and your case and everyone was positive and encouraging.
Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with icsi. Embryo banking till we got enough embies to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Mariam)
All the nurses were awesome, including my nurse coordinator, tho she started slipping a bit here and there. She sometimes gave incorrect updates which when I double checked was corrected. Generally, she was good, and I found two other nurses I could reach out to (also part of the team) who were always on point. Together, The team was amazing.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It’s hard for me to make much of a complaint on the clinical side, they gave me my rainbow baby at 45 with my own eggs. To me they are IVF superheroes. On the clerical side, I was told the day before my transfer that I owed a substantial amount of money even though I was assured these charges were covered by insurance. I found it to be terrible timing and also not cool that the insurance coordinator wasn’t clean on what was covered. The lady was very sweet, but she needed to be more precise about that.
I don’t remember actual prices as my insurance covered almost everything
We transferred 2 as I was 44 at time of transfer. Ultimately one stuck and I am nursing her as I type!
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Just a couple times the coordinating nurse told me one thing in person and then emailed me something in error. When I wrote back to confirm, she was able to give the right info. Wasn’t a big deal.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen [with Dr. Tortoriello]. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer...was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
I love the fact that Sher is a boutique type of clinic. Everyone is always available to speak with you whether you are there in person, over the phone or via email. The office is bright, clean and just overall inviting. The staff always greets you with a smile. I honestly can not think of any weaknesses I experienced during my treatment. They are open on the weekends for monitoring and are very good at making sure you are seen at your appointment time. I have never had an issue waiting to be seen. I always saw Dr. Tortoriello during my visits. Overall, I had a great experience.
I felt at ease with Dr. Tortoriello during my first consultation with him. He is very soft spoken as well as very thorough in explaining the pros and cons, as well as answering all of my questions. It was very easy to make my decision to pick him to be my fertility doctor. Any other consultations I had at other clinics made me feel like a number and not a human. He always made me feel like a human. During my treatment with Dr. Tortoriello, he was always very personable and accessible. There was never a time that I did not get a call back or an email reply to my questions or concerns during treatment.
I would tell a prospective patient to pick him as your fertility doctor. He takes his time with you and explains everything to you. You will not be disappointed.
Dr. Tortoriello was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
In 2016, I had an egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 13 eggs retrieved, 10 matured and fertilized and 7 embryos were frozen. I did not do any PGS testing during this first egg retrieval. In the same year, I did two frozen transfers. I transferred 2 embryos the first time and 1 embryo the second time and got negative results on both occasions. I then decided to unfreeze and biopsy (PGS testing) the 4 remaining embryos and they all came back abnormal (chromosomes). I then decided to discard those abnormal embryos and not transfer them. In 2017, I had another egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer. In my case, my egg donor was my sister. It resulted in us having 2 normal PGS tested embryos. I transferred one of those embryos and got a positive pregnancy and a live birth. He is currently 7 months old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra Suddal)
My primary nurse was Bushra Suddal, but I also was helped by other nurses at Sher. Bushra and all of the staff were absolutely amazing. They were always responsive and answered all of my concerns immediately. I have reached out to Bushra during after hours as well as on weekends and she always replied (email or telephone) to any questions I had whether it was a medication question or just a general question I had at the time. The staff (no matter who I reached out to) was always quick to reply and handle any concern I had. Making my appointments was always easy and I never had an issue getting a date and time that worked with my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My care under Dr. Tortoriello was primarily covered under my husband's insurance plan. My insurance covered 2 egg retrievals (my own egg retrievals), 2 transfers and medication associated with both egg retrievals and both transfers using my own eggs/embryos. However, my egg donor process was paid out-of-pocket. My out-of-pocket cost for my egg donor process plus transferring the embryo was approximately $22K (including egg retrieval of egg donor, medication for her, anesthesia for her, my transfer and my medication).
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Wang] has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment...Dr. Wang is outstanding. He communicates extensively with me, gives thoughtful opinions and advice, and doesn't put me through anything hard unnecessarily. He truly considers me as a specific patient and doesn't automatically do or not do anything. He is clearly an expert, and has recommended things that have brought us increased success.
The nurse and financial teams [Sher - Manh] are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made...There were parts of my protocol that had been changed after discussion, but the calendar didn't reflect that. Another time, a medication was switched out but wasn't in a subsequent cycle. Also, they asked for financial forms, but I never got them emailed to me, and another time we faxed forms in several times to then learn their fax machine didn't work.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Share all of your questions and opinions so he can help make you very comfortable.
He has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment.
PICSI was added for male factor infertility (sperm fragmentation) and this got us 2.5 more embryos than any prior cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The nurse and financial teams are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made.
Around 11k for IVF, 1000 for PICSI, 3600 I think for FET.