425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

Dr T. [Tortoriello] is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results.... I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They [Sher Fertility of NY] accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.... On one occasion my test results were misread and they asked me to proceed with stims on a cycle that would have ended up being canceled due to a lead follicle.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is patient and understanding of what his patients are going through. He is also very candid but you have to ask a lot of questions and be an educated patient. I had to ask about other options available. At times, I felt as a number. On one occasion he misread my test results and didn’t realize until I questioned it. He is very responsive to emails and gets back to you promptly which is great but his emails were abbreviated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Be an educated patient. Ask questions. Schedule follow-up appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr T. is very responsive to emails, typically responding within 2 hours. Unfortunately, because I wasn’t a local patient and did remote monitoring (through another clinic), I didn’t get to have the regular/ frequent interaction with him during monitoring or speak with him about my results. If you do remote monitoring like I did, I would recommend arranging follow-up phone consultations after each monitoring. I found his emails too brief so I always had follow-up questions. All in all, I would have appreciated more communication and personal guidance.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I have DOR so he did not want to use BC for priming since it would suppress my eggs. He had me on Estrogen patches before my cycle started, then Gonal F and Menapur. He added another injectable to prevent early ovulation around D11. He then had me go in every couple of days and adjusted my dosage according to the results. he added HGH during my 2nd cycle which got cancelled due to a lead follicle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Cecilia is organized and helpful. On one occasion, she located a local pharmacy close to midnight for me when I was traveling and that allowed me to continue stims.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Strength: you feel less like a number comparing to other clinics since it's a small clinic. They accept insurance. They treat DOR patients and don't give them the donor egg speech. Weakness: if you are not a local patient, you don't have the frequent interaction with your doctor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do remote monitoring in another state, so Im not aware of Sher's practice when it comes to monitoring
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I haven't received a bill yet.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. ... Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in ... Frequently, the persons responding to a phone call were confused as to who should be consulted on a particular question. Appointment times were sometimes shuffled.
My wife had a serious complication that resulted from ovarian over-stimulation. She wound up in the hospital. Dr. Tortoriello actively participated in her treatment and remotely was able to correctly diagnose my wife's condition. His correct diagnosis allowed us to avoid a very dangerous surgery proposed by the hospital staff. For that, we are eternally grateful
Dr. Tortoriello is a very tactful person. Try to tamper your aggression. Trust this doctor to do the best for you. Ulterior motives exit when Dr. T enters
A number is faceless, a human (especially, a patient) requires compassion, attention to details, understanding, and I dare say empathy. Dr. Tortoriello treated my wife and I as if we were the only patients that mattered.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sometimes, there was confusion as to the appointment dates, test results, etc. We attribute this to a lack of primary nursing help assignment. No malice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic offers a variety of fertility doctors. It is centrally located. It is not the cheapest. But, its quality to cost ratio is very good. A little more nursing help (in the form of a dedicated nurse assigned to the case) would eliminate the majority of confusion that occasionally crept in
The cost of the cycle (hormonal pre-retrieval therapy, egg retrieval, ICSI, pre-implantation hormonal therapy, PGS/PGD, fertilization, implantation) ran close to $20,000
Unfortunately, we did not have the luxury of having the availability of multiple embryos. Therefore, this question is moot

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Dicken was very compassionate...was always available on email and very through during all the consults I had including phone consults. She is a very kind woman and made me feel empowered and involved in my treatment plan. She never was condescending and she would get back to me with through responses via email during very stressful times and always put me at ease...I have DOR and we attempted to bank embryos and she usually stuck to the same protocol of low dose folistim and 1 vial of menopur but at my urging we did add other things into my protocol. I urged her to raise my dose once and she finally complied and it was a mistake and ended up a canceled cycle but I’m glad we at least tried.
My nurse Marian [at Sher Fertility of New York] was lovely. Jackie another nurse there was incredible to me. All the nurse staff even the ones that naturally had a rough way about them were all my angels...There were a few mishaps here and there but nothing egregious. Doctors and nurses are human too...PICSI cost $1000 even if it was just 2 eggs retrieved. Consults were $50. Most of my other costs I was lucky enough to have covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr Dicken was always available on email and very through during all the consults I had including phone consults. She is a very kind woman and made me feel empowered and involved in my treatment plan. She never was condescending and she would get back to me with through responses via email during very stressful times and always put me at ease.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Tell her what you are thinking and she will work with you to do the best treatment for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I felt that this clinic treated me very well. Everyone was always kind as Dr. Dicken was very compassionate
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Marian)
My nurse Marian was lovely. Jackie another nurse there was incredible to me. All the nurse staff even the ones that naturally had a rough way about them were all my angels.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic is small and personal. The doctors are flexible and the nurse staff is wonderful. I felt well taken care of even though I did not have the outcome I wanted. When I got naturally pregnant after years of failed treatments I went back to this clinic because I could not imagine getting treatment from anywhere else. That was unfortunately a miscarriage at 8 weeks but I was so grateful to go through that surrounded by so many kind people who knew me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

After 2 successful IVF cycles at another boutique clinic...that resulted in 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks (devastating), we switched to Dr. T[ortoriello]. During my initial consult with Dr. T he recommended a different protocol, adding several new medications. On my 1st cycle with Dr. T, I became pregnant and successfully carried to term and delivered a beautiful baby boy into the world. 2 years later, we went back to Dr. T., the man worked his magic again, and voila, we now have baby boy #2. I intend to visit Dr. T again soon as my husband is eager for baby boy #3...ha!
It was a combination of Dr. Tortoriello's bedside manner and the fact that Sher Institute's process is personable and didn't have the feel of an assembly line...After 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks while at another clinic, Dr. T added Lovenox and intralipids to my cycle medications. My previous clinic did not prescribe these. I was 27 during my 1st cycle, my husband was 45, and our issue becoming pregnant was likely male-factor though it also seemed that I had an issue maintaining pregnancy beyond 8 weeks.
It is my great honor and pleasure to write this recommendation for Dr. Tortoriello. He is a miracle worker. After 2 successful IVF cycles at another boutique clinic (on East 69th St. in Manhattan) that resulted in 2 miscarriages at ~8 weeks (devastating), we switched to Dr. T. During my initial consult with Dr. T he recommended a different protocol, adding several new medications. On my 1st cycle with Dr. T, I became pregnant and successfully carried to term and delivered a beautiful baby boy into the world. 2 years later, we went back to Dr. T., the man worked his magic again, and voila, we now have baby boy #2. I intend to visit Dr. T again soon as my husband is eager for baby boy #3...ha!
Be proactive about your case. This is true for any fertility doctor you visit.
The nurses were friendly, organized and communicative.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility's strength is that it is a boutique clinic that can provide personalized care. You never feel like a number. The staff is professional, organized and efficient. They are open on weekends, and I never had any issues with wait times.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000.
After I had my first son Dr. T recommended eSET for subsequent transfers due to my age and success getting pregnant with previous transfers.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Wang may be the most compassionate doctor I have ever been treated by. He makes himself readily available and has always returned my emails the same day, whether I reached out in the morning, afternoon, or late evening. He is always the one to see me for all my appointments and spends the time afterwards to discuss with me any issues or questions that may have arisen...He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
The billing dept [at Sher] is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts...I have always been able to get the early morning appointments. The office is extremely quiet and I'm seen as soon as I check in.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner. He is quick to respond to any and all questions that I may have (especially when I start to question or overthink everything or when I'm in a panic). He really is on this journey with you, and is rooting for you to have your dreams realized. He is very soft-spoken and gentle mannered. While I appreciate this, I do feel like sometimes you have to be a little more forceful in telling him you want something done.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Run, don't walk to go see him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
We did IUIs with no medications that all failed. We moved on 5 IVF cycles that were also unsuccessful unfortunately. I was on letrozole, estrace, and Crinone for my frozen cycles. I was on gonal f, cetrotide, menopur and HCG for my fresh transfer cycles following retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Leslie is a great partner to Dr. Wang. She is quick to answer my emails and goes out of her way to help me out. I always got my prescriptions without any issues.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The billing dept is the worst. I always get random bills and can't tell if it's truly the most up to date reflection of how much I owe. Some of the nurses are more warm and fuzzy than others. The front desk is great once you get to know them and they have gone out of their way to help me with scheduling my appts.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had insurance coverage
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Wang] is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
You see your doctor at every appointment [at Sher Fertility of New York] (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info...We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is a wonderful human being. I felt that he took my questions seriously and was patient driven. I had some questions about protocols and he explained why he suggested the protocol and why some protocols wouldn't be beneficial for me. He has a reassuring way to him, this process can lead to so many worries but I felt like I was able to trust in the process because of him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions but trust in his answers.
Dr. Wang was very warm from the beginning. I had a difficult diagnosis and he remained realistic but positive. With Sher, you see you doctor with every monitoring appointment so it was great to have so much face time with Dr. Wang. Even when we received disappointing news, it felt like he was right there with you. I researched everything so always had a lot of questions. Dr. Wang would email back quickly and took the time to explain everything.
We decided to do embryo banking in hopes to have multiple children. We also felt that I would benefit from a lower dose in hopes to get better quality eggs. first attempt at IVF - Estrogen prime (EPP) 225 gonal f - canceled poor response and converted to IUI. IVF 1 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 6 eggs/3 blasts (freeze all) IVF 2 - EPP, 225 gonal f, 150 menopur - 3 eggs/1 blast (freeze all)
All the nurses I have dealt with were wonderful, however I am unsure if they are still there.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
You see your doctor at every appointment (unless it's the weekend-rotating schedule). Small and personal approach. Billing department seems to be disorganized, you need to be on top of your account and insurance info.
Insurance covered IUIs, partial IVF
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We did not do any transfers
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Although Doctor Wang didn't have a lot of time the time that he did spend was meaningful. He always made me feel important and most of all he was extremely responsive via email. I've emailed other doctors and till this day some of them have yet to respond. Doctor Wang is an amazing doctor the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. In addition, he's extremely smart and thinks outside the box.
Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients... My insurance paid for two cycles with the doctor, but the times i paid cash it was extremely expensive.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, I can't say just how amazing he is. Smart, compassionate, and extremely responsive. I've dealt with other doctors for fertility and none of them can hold a candle to this doctor not even the doctors at NYU or Cornell. The only thing I wish is that prior to my third transfer we should have done more tests.
Before you do a transfer have doctor Wang do the tests like EFT especially if you've have prior failed transfers. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions via email, doctor Wang will always respond.
Doctor Wang used a low dose approach for me on mostly all of my cycles. Low dose of the stimulating drugs. For my first few retrievals we did microdose lupin and that worked with my first cycle with doctor Wang and I retrieved 5 eggs and transferred 4 on day three however the result was a chemical pregnancy. We used no more than 300 units of gonal f for the days that I stimulated. The doctor suggested low doses because i did not make a lot of eggs and the few I did make we didn't want to fry them. Ganirelex worked best for me as when I continued to use MDL i would ovulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie was great! Organized, responsive, and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Other staff members were not so great. The technician that assisted during my egg retrieval was unfortunately very nasty. I sent the clinic an email about her. I found this woman to be rude. Other staff member were nice but at times insensitive. I think because some of the aides were young and not trained well enough on dealing with fertility patients.
My doctor preferred using multiple embryos because of my age. I would not transfer more than 2 embryos in the future
Investment Banker
Email is [Dr. Drew Tortoriello's] best way of communication...My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron...was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable...During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt [at Sher Fertility of New York]. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
Dr T was fantastic from my consultation wiith him to having 17 embryos frozen! Having infertility issues is devestating but finding a doctor like him and now being able to plan a family is amazing. I am grateful for meeting him. Every appt I had with him was comfortable and fast. I would sometimes go on my lunch break and didn’t have to take much time off of work. During my egg retrieval he was calm and patient and caring and checked up on me afterwards to make sure I didn’t have complications. I plan on using his services when I am ready to implant.
Email is his best way of communication and it was mine too because of work. That was perfect. Every email I sent was replied to within minutes by either the doctor or the nurse
Dr T was very kind every time I went to see him. Very soft spoken and made me feel very comfortable
I was on menapur, gonal f, and ganirelix. My hormones were high leading up to my egg retrieval so he changed my trigger shot from hcg to Lupron. Afterwards I took a prescription to lower hormones along with ganirelex
I hate doing blood work because I have small veins but needed to do it every appt. but they were gentle and did a great job
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I never had to wait more than 5 minutes when I came in for an appt. After my appt they were very quick and good in explaining my next steps. I would have to say timeliness was their biggest strength. For weakness I would say I wish they had someone like a social worker or therapist on hand or that the recommend. Going thru this process can be very hard on your mind and being able to talk to someone about what your feeling would have been great
I had Cigna so they covered most after I met my deductible. The prescription medicine was an expense I didn’t budget. Cigna covered it but I had to pay a copay and that was 1k
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Dicken was a kind and understanding doctor, who did not hesitate to give us the information we needed but was sensitive and considerate when she had bad news to deliver. She remembered us, kept in touch and was always available when we needed her...took the time to explain things when we had questions. She was encouraging but was always clear about risks and the probability of success.
We dealt closely with two or three nurses under Dr. Dicken [at Sher Fertility of New York]. All were excellent. They were not only professional but were warm and friendly. It made a big difference to us that even the receptionists at the front desk remembered our names and greeted us warmly every time we saw them...We compared facilities and found that costs at SHER were about average.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We found Dr. Dicken to be a consummate professional who gave us clear information and took the time to explain things when we had questions. She was encouraging but was always clear about risks and the probability of success. Dr. Dicken also remained available to us when we had questions for her. She responded promptly to emails and made sure that her staff followed up when necessary. We saw her at every appointment that involved a doctor. It is hard to overstate how important this was for us. We went to Dr. Dicken after first seeing a well-known doctor at a major facility who we found cold, remote and insensitive. By contrast, we felt comfortable with Dr. Dicken as our guide through this sometimes difficult process. After some setbacks, we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy and we are eternally grateful to Dr. Dicken for her help in getting us there.
The advice I would give is to see Dr. Dicken first before trying other facilities. Frankly, we wasted time and money with another doctor who was more of a big name but ended up a disappointment.
Dr. Dicken was a kind and understanding doctor, who did not hesitate to give us the information we needed but was sensitive and considerate when she had bad news to deliver. She remembered us, kept in touch and was always available when we needed her. In contrast to other doctors we saw, Dr. Dicken was as kind and warm as she was totally professional. That made a great difference to us as we were going through a stressful process.
When we first came to see Dr. Dicken, we were trying IVF using our own eggs. We knew the odds were against us - and Dr. Dicken was clear with us about the statistics - but we were not ready to give up. Dr. Dicken led us through two cycles and made some adjustments to the process. After two IVF cycles, we decided to use an egg donor. The first transfer was not successful, and Dr. Dicken again made some adjustments to the treatment. The second time it worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We dealt closely with two or three nurses under Dr. Dicken. All were excellent. They were not only professional but were warm and friendly. It made a big difference to us that even the receptionists at the front desk remembered our names and greeted us warmly every time we saw them.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a relatively small clinic, which for us was a plus. Before going to SHER, we first went to another facility that was much larger and felt like an assembly line where no one knew our name; frankly, we came to feel unwelcome at this other facility, as though we were dragging down their success statistics. In contrast, SHER was a smaller, kinder and more welcoming place, while still being totally professional. As we were nearing the end of our treatment, SHER was sold to another company. Some changes started to happen, such as reorganization of offices and departments, but we saw only a little of this as we were on our way out (happily, we became pregnant and had a baby). So because we didn't have much experience with SHER after the sale, we don't feel that we can fully evaluate it today.
We compared facilities and found that costs at SHER were about average.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
One time, a nurse apparently lost some requested paperwork that we brought in and left at the front desk for her. We were annoyed with this but it was the only time anything like that happened. Otherwise they were completely organized and professional about all things.
Investment Banker
I saw Dr. Tortoriello for every visit. He did each and every ultrasound and at the end of each scan he told me exactly where he thought i was in the process in relation to where he thought I ought to be. He did both my egg harvest and embryo implantation. He responded to all my many emails, even during his Easter weekend. ... He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run [Sher Fertility of New York]. I waited never more than 10 minutes. ... They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit. ... She [nurse] communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
He is my second IVF doctor and was a breath of fresh air. I genuinely felt he was my partner in this process...which was a big deal for me as my husband travels a lot and it's easy to get overwhelmed if you are doing a lot of this immense process alone. His warmth and intellect I found to be a perfect combination.
Consult with him early onward and then make your choice.
We did an estrogen priming protocol that incorporated omnitrope (growth hormone). We were planning to do a fresh transfer but I had fluid in my uterus so we had to freeze and then do a frozen transfer. I had fluid in my uterus with my previous doctors but they downplayed it and both prior transfers with them failed. So Dr. Tortoriello was the first to acknowledge this and correct for it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecily)
She communicated with me practically daily and I actually feel bad at the number of times I had her call me! she was patient and soft-spoken and read and responded to most emails within 15 minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The 6th floor is beautiful to look at and very well run. I waited never more than 10 minutes. (Plus they have my favorite cookies out). They need to open a bit earlier though as I had to rush to work after each visit.
No issues...was out of pocket.
Dr. Tortoriello told me that twins were a high risk pregnancy so we opted to transfer just one blast and it took!
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
She [Dr. Dicken] was so positive and encouraging. She was open to my own ideas and made me feel like we were partnering and not like I was a science project. At the same time she is professional knowledgeable and made a protocol that didn’t feel cookie cutter. ... Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with icsi. ... We transferred 2 as I was 44 at time of transfer. ...Embryo banking till we got enough embies to transfer.
On the clerical side [of Sher Fertility of New York], I was told the day before my transfer that I owed a substantial amount of money even though I was assured these charges were covered by insurance. I found it to be terrible timing and also not cool that the insurance coordinator wasn’t clean on what was covered. The lady was very sweet, but she needed to be more precise about that.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She was so positive and encouraging. She was open to my own ideas and made me feel like we were partnering and not like I was a science project. At the same time she is professional knowledgeable and made a protocol that didn’t feel cookie cutter.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and trust her instincts. I was so annoyed she sent me for an MRI of my uterus... it turns out my earlier RE’s totally missed that I had a uterine septum! Her instincts were right!
She a d her staff were just really cool and personable. They remember you and your case and everyone was positive and encouraging.
Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with icsi. Embryo banking till we got enough embies to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Mariam)
All the nurses were awesome, including my nurse coordinator, tho she started slipping a bit here and there. She sometimes gave incorrect updates which when I double checked was corrected. Generally, she was good, and I found two other nurses I could reach out to (also part of the team) who were always on point. Together, The team was amazing.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It’s hard for me to make much of a complaint on the clinical side, they gave me my rainbow baby at 45 with my own eggs. To me they are IVF superheroes. On the clerical side, I was told the day before my transfer that I owed a substantial amount of money even though I was assured these charges were covered by insurance. I found it to be terrible timing and also not cool that the insurance coordinator wasn’t clean on what was covered. The lady was very sweet, but she needed to be more precise about that.
I don’t remember actual prices as my insurance covered almost everything
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We transferred 2 as I was 44 at time of transfer. Ultimately one stuck and I am nursing her as I type!
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Just a couple times the coordinating nurse told me one thing in person and then emailed me something in error. When I wrote back to confirm, she was able to give the right info. Wasn’t a big deal.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen [with Dr. Tortoriello]. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer...was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
I love the fact that Sher is a boutique type of clinic. Everyone is always available to speak with you whether you are there in person, over the phone or via email. The office is bright, clean and just overall inviting. The staff always greets you with a smile. I honestly can not think of any weaknesses I experienced during my treatment. They are open on the weekends for monitoring and are very good at making sure you are seen at your appointment time. I have never had an issue waiting to be seen. I always saw Dr. Tortoriello during my visits. Overall, I had a great experience.
I felt at ease with Dr. Tortoriello during my first consultation with him. He is very soft spoken as well as very thorough in explaining the pros and cons, as well as answering all of my questions. It was very easy to make my decision to pick him to be my fertility doctor. Any other consultations I had at other clinics made me feel like a number and not a human. He always made me feel like a human. During my treatment with Dr. Tortoriello, he was always very personable and accessible. There was never a time that I did not get a call back or an email reply to my questions or concerns during treatment.
I would tell a prospective patient to pick him as your fertility doctor. He takes his time with you and explains everything to you. You will not be disappointed.
Dr. Tortoriello was always available to speak with me whether over the phone , in person or via email. He always took his time to explain all of my options and any answered any concerns or questions I had during my process. Loved his one-on-one communication.
In 2016, I had an egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 13 eggs retrieved, 10 matured and fertilized and 7 embryos were frozen. I did not do any PGS testing during this first egg retrieval. In the same year, I did two frozen transfers. I transferred 2 embryos the first time and 1 embryo the second time and got negative results on both occasions. I then decided to unfreeze and biopsy (PGS testing) the 4 remaining embryos and they all came back abnormal (chromosomes). I then decided to discard those abnormal embryos and not transfer them. In 2017, I had another egg retrieval. The medication used was as follows: Lupron 10 units, Ganirelix 250 mcg, Gonal F 225 units, Menopur 75 units and Trigger Shot 10,000 IU. I had 12 eggs retrieved and 6 embryos were frozen. I sent all the embryos for biopsy and PGS testing. They all came back abnormal. After discussions with Dr. Tortoriello and going over my PGS results, I decided to go the donor egg route as my egg quality was not resulting in normal embryos to transfer. In my case, my egg donor was my sister. It resulted in us having 2 normal PGS tested embryos. I transferred one of those embryos and got a positive pregnancy and a live birth. He is currently 7 months old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra Suddal)
My primary nurse was Bushra Suddal, but I also was helped by other nurses at Sher. Bushra and all of the staff were absolutely amazing. They were always responsive and answered all of my concerns immediately. I have reached out to Bushra during after hours as well as on weekends and she always replied (email or telephone) to any questions I had whether it was a medication question or just a general question I had at the time. The staff (no matter who I reached out to) was always quick to reply and handle any concern I had. Making my appointments was always easy and I never had an issue getting a date and time that worked with my work schedule.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
My care under Dr. Tortoriello was primarily covered under my husband's insurance plan. My insurance covered 2 egg retrievals (my own egg retrievals), 2 transfers and medication associated with both egg retrievals and both transfers using my own eggs/embryos. However, my egg donor process was paid out-of-pocket. My out-of-pocket cost for my egg donor process plus transferring the embryo was approximately $22K (including egg retrieval of egg donor, medication for her, anesthesia for her, my transfer and my medication).
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Wang] has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment...Dr. Wang is outstanding. He communicates extensively with me, gives thoughtful opinions and advice, and doesn't put me through anything hard unnecessarily. He truly considers me as a specific patient and doesn't automatically do or not do anything. He is clearly an expert, and has recommended things that have brought us increased success.
The nurse and financial teams [Sher - Manh] are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made...There were parts of my protocol that had been changed after discussion, but the calendar didn't reflect that. Another time, a medication was switched out but wasn't in a subsequent cycle. Also, they asked for financial forms, but I never got them emailed to me, and another time we faxed forms in several times to then learn their fax machine didn't work.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Share all of your questions and opinions so he can help make you very comfortable.
He has excellent bedside manner, allows me to be me while communicating with him, and solicits my own thoughts in how we approach my care and treatment.
PICSI was added for male factor infertility (sperm fragmentation) and this got us 2.5 more embryos than any prior cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The nurse and financial teams are not as great as Dr. Wang. There were missed communications, schedules not updated, etc. I had to really carefully ask questions and manage my care to make sure mistakes weren't made.
Around 11k for IVF, 1000 for PICSI, 3600 I think for FET.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I really like Dr Wang. I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
Nothing good or bad to mention [at Sher Fertility of New York]. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean...[Dr. Wang has a ] Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared...I eventually learned from going to another Dr at another clinic that there were several tests he did not even mention that I wished were done, that i didn't even know about until I saw another Dr. It's possible we would have gotten there eventually, but I feel a little disappointed in how we started off because of that. Feels like lost time, and I didnt feel like i was well informed
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
As questions and ask about all possible testing that can be done early on
Very good manner and a great communicator. I really felt like he cared
Only did 3 rounds of IUI with progesterone support. 1 chemical pregnancy.
Nuetral
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Fine. Nothing good or bad to mention. I would not say it impacted my experience either way. Don't be surprised if you have to wait sometimes, but never anything too long. Clinic was always very clean
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. [Oehninger] is kind but direct and responds to emails via their secure system quickly...During my consultation with Dr. O he explained what tests he recommended and why, and what the course of action would be...bloodwork including NKa testing, an endometrial biopsy to test for inflammation (endometritis) and the Receptiva test to test for endometriosis. My husband also did a sperm analysis and DNA fragmentation test.
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of New York] is great, however my husband complained that getting blood drawn was painful and they collapsed a vein in his arm...A strength of SIRM is they test and treat conditions that the typical clinic may not even test for. I regret not seeing them sooner. Perhaps I could have had a successful transfer of a PGS tested embryo if I was given proper treatment for NK cells.
How was your experience with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I went to Dr. O and SIRM after having 3 retrievals and 5 failed embryo transfers at Cornell. My last two transfers were FET with PGS normal embryos which failed. My RE at Cornell (Samantha Pfeifer) did not believe in testing for Natural Killer Cells, immunological issues or other "out of the box issues" so I sought another opinion. During my consultation with Dr. O he explained what tests he recommended and why, and what the course of action would be. I did a multititude of tests that Cornell did not check for: bloodwork including NKa testing, an endometrial biopsy to test for inflammation (endometritis) and the Receptiva test to test for endometriosis. My husband also did a sperm analysis and DNA fragmentation test. (Cornell also did not recommend the DNA fragmentation test.) All results were normal except I had elevated NKa (25% vs the normal level of 10%). The treatment for this will involve presnidone and possibly intalipid therapy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. O is kind but direct and responds to emails via their secure system quickly.
Describe the protocols Sergio Oehninger used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
I have not yet begun treatment, only diagnostic testing. Will update this as I advance through treatment.
The nursing staff is great, however my husband complained that getting blood drawn was painful and they collapsed a vein in his arm.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sergio Oehninger at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
$50 to reserve consultation (can be applied to treatment), $50 for sperm analysis, $815 payable directly to Recepitva for endometrial biopsy testing for endometriosis. Other costs were covered by insurance.
Sergio Oehninger
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr T [Tortoriello] always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. ... Dr T recommendation was always to go with eSET, but i went with multiple transfer but he explained the risk involved beforehand. ... Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure.
Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments [Sher Fertility of New York] are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. ... Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. ... [nurses] Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Dr T always listens to patient suggestion if needed. During my IVF treatment i suggested some tweaks in protocol which he listened. When i came to this doctor it was my 3rd IVF which no positive hopes. But with this treatment i got my first positive test ever resulting in beautiful adorable daughter that i have now. without him it would never be possible for me to experience motherhood. Am forever thankful to Dr T and would recommend to any couple experiencing multiple failure. Dr T will do wonders in your life :)
Stay focused Dr T will take care and don't lose hope
Dr T was so open minded and always cared and listened to me.
Estrogen Priming protocol for Egg retrieval Depot Lupron shot before embryo transfer which was main reason for my success
They were so kind and compassionate. Greeted well during each visit. Coordinated well to pass on information on time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They have the best doctors in this clinic. Amazing staffs and there is 100% hope for patients going to this clinic to get successful . Prompt response from the call center representative. Appointments are quick and flexible. Early appointments for working professionals. Better results when compared to other clinic. Treatment methodology is very different from other clinic which gives better result
Monitoring appointment are usually quick. When you schedule for an appointment you will approximately being called for the procedure or monitoring around the same time. If you plan accordingly it will be as quick as grabbing a coffee from starbucks
approximately around $15,000
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr.T[ortoriello] always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked...I have diagnosed with Asherman syndrome after I lost my identical twin girls. Many Dr had told me that I probably have to do gestation as my uterus was not able to develop any lining. However, Dr.T said to me that I should not give up, and he was right. I was able to get pregnant with the first cycle. After I delivered a healthy baby girl, I started another IVF cycle to have a second baby. I had two IVF cycles to retrieve enough eggs, and I transferred two eggs at a time twice. With the second time, I was able to get pregnant again. Now, I have two beautiful girls with me. I can only thank him. He was very kind and had a passion for helping women like me. Do not give up to have a baby until you see him!!
I am not sure what are their [Sher Fertility of New York's] weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T[ortoriello] was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too...The nurses there were excellent. They were very organized and kind. I loved them...only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Just trust him, and ask him if you have any questions. He will give you answers.
Dr.T always listen to me and answered any of my questions. The best thing was that I was able to email him for several questions, and he replied me very quickly. He cheered me up and told me that I did not have to give up having a baby(s). He was always kind and calm which I really liked.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Their lab was high level, so you can trust their techniques to develop your eggs there. I am not sure what are their weaknesses. Their strengths must come from their doctors' passion, and Dr. T was always his best when he sees his patients. Also, he is searching for new meds to treat his patients, and he is open to accept suggestions from his patients too.
Dr. T only transferred two eggs as max number. Actually, he wanted to transfer only one because he cared about me who lost identical twins before, but I pushed him to transfer two eggs, and he did it for me.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello. My husband and I will be forever grateful. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process.... You can tell they [Sher Fertility NY] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
You can tell they [Sher Fertility of New York] work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care.... I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff....His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful.... Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Tortoriello and his wonderful staff. After having a bad experience at a different clinic-we were referred to Dr Tortoriello by a close family member. All I have to say is My husband and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Tortoriello. His attentiveness, caring demeanor, guidance and knowledge made me feel at ease the entire process. His staff are always kind and smiling. His nurse Cecilia is wonderful. You can tell they work very hard to treat all patients with high level of care. Most importantly I’m here holding my 2 month old beautiful baby girl thanks to Dr. Tortoriello! He will be forever in my heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia chao)
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken is approachable, direct and very up to date on recent developments in fertility technology. I had done a lot of research which she was very open to discussing. She’s also reachable via email and responds within 24 hours normally.... Trustworthy and knowledgeable. I saw her at every appointment. Very communicative and able to be reached directly via email. Only negative I can think of is the appointments are short / can sometimes feel slightly rushed.
This [Sher Fertility of NY] is a boutique clinic that makes you feel confident in your investment, both from a financial and time standpoint. You can book monitoring appointments which is a huge plus for anyone who’s also been treated at a “farm” like NYU or RMA. Only downside is some issues with billing - this department is not as organized as the doctors and nurses and I had some misunderstandings which had to be sorted out. Make sure you’re familiar with your coverage and are billed as such.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
SIRM patients are often those who’ve not seen success elsewhere, so feel free to do research and come armed with what you’re looking for (how aggressive you’d like to move, concerns, etc).
Letrezole, Ovidrel, IUI
Nursing staff was very nice, organized and compassionate. They tended to rotate between doctors so I often saw different staff.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a boutique clinic that makes you feel confident in your investment, both from a financial and time standpoint. You can book monitoring appointments which is a huge plus for anyone who’s also been treated at a “farm” like NYU or RMA. Only downside is some issues with billing - this department is not as organized as the doctors and nurses and I had some misunderstandings which had to be sorted out. Make sure you’re familiar with your coverage and are billed as such.
$1000-2000 for IUI and medication
Billing issues
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. ... I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease. ... Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands. ... Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve).
Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. ... It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it. ... They [nurses] were on top of everything. ... Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention.
I was at RMA previously, and I chose to leave because they didn’t create a custom plan and I felt like a number. Dr. Tortoriello and his team knew my name every visit, studied my tests comprehensively and created a plan that fit my situation (low ovarian reserve). Also, the financial process and calendaring of meds, injections and appointments was handled super clearly by Lindsay on Dr.T’s team. Fir the first time in the process, I felt in confident hands.
Dr. T is very patient and thoughtful. Ask questions, because he has great info to offer.
I interviewed several doctors before selecting Dr. Tortoriello. Of all the doctors I spoke to, he was the most patient, thoughtful and comforting. I found the IVF process can be very intimidating, but Dr. T was the perfect combination of positive and honest. I felt at ease.
I have low ovarian reserve so Dr. T started me on a low dose birth control fir a longer period of time. After that, we did menapur and gonal to stimulate the follicals. I was closely monitored throughout to ensure they were growing routinely. When we had 4-5 (I did get 20+ like some women) we did a retrieval. I did 2 rounds to get as many eggs as possible, and ended up with 4, 5 day blastos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Cluff)
They were on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher is a smaller clinic than RMA but I liked that because you get more personal attention. It is a nice, bright office and very friendly staff. It takes a bit of time to get an appointment but worth it.
I had insurance that supported

Investment Banker
Dr. Dicken is well informed, compassionate and kind. She’s a seasoned professional and practitioner. Still, there were times when she was not as clear as she could have been due to fatigue. It is my impression that the work/life balancing act was at times overwhelming. This at times led to inconsistent statements and instructions...
The offices [at Sher Fertility of New York] are very clean, cozy and welcoming. The staff are very professional and compassionate. All of the different practitioners know their stuff and do their very best to be attentive and supportive...People always greeted us by name and knew the details of our case file...They [nurses] definitely valued teamwork and worked together to provide good patient care.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Ask many questions and take copious notes.
People always greeted us by name and knew the details of our case file.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They definitely valued teamwork and worked together to provide good patient care.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The offices are very clean, cozy and welcoming. The staff are very professional and compassionate. All of the different practitioners know their stuff and do their very best to be attentive and supportive.
$5,000 per cycle with insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We were not told that we must completely abstain from sexual activity prior to starting a new cycle of retrievals. This nearly compromised one of our cycles.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
He [Dr. Tortoiello] is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true.... He took the time out to answer all my questions even by email. He has great bedside manners and easy to talk to about anything.
They [Sher Fertility of NY] are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments... He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options.
He is a great person and doctor. He is very compassionate and explains everything so you understand. He had great bedside manners and gives you all options. He tells you his honest opinion and works hard to make your dreams come true. I owe him a lot for helping me and my husband have the family we always dreamed of!
You are going to love this dr. He is amazing doctor and person always answering your questions and being honest. He also has great bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are a very organized clinic answering all questions and explaining protocols in a timely manner so you understand everything. They also help accommodate scheduling with work so does the dr. This is important because it’s not easy working and doing fertility treatments
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

When I came to Dr. Tortoriello, I had one embryo from my previous doctor. We tried to implant, but it failed. We were not surprised since Dr. Tortoriello advised that the medications prescribed by my previous doctor actually lowered my egg quality and count. Thereafter, we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in April 2019.
[Sher Fertility of New York's] weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures...we did a egg retrieval and tested two embryos using PGD. We were able to transfer one embryo which successfully implanted. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl...The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us.
He always answered all my questions completely and with compassion. He answered all e-mails in detail and promptly. He was always on time for his appointments and took time with me to make sure I understood everything going on. He gave me honest opinions while being optimist as possible. During my initial consult, he reviewed my file in advance of the meeting and was able to discuss potential future options.
Ask questions if you do not understand or want to know more
He remembered details about my fertility during our appointments and did not need to continue to refer to my chart. He spoke to me kindly and with compassion. He always made sure all of my questions were answered.
Lindsay was an excellent nurse! I absolutely loved her positive attitude. She answered all of e-mails promptly and in detail. Unfortunately, she left the practice once I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic's strengths was that Dr. Tortoriello was able to use his advanced knowledge to assist us to have a child. We interviewed with other doctors who told us that there was nothing more we can do. Dr. Tortoriello confirmed that he had new techniques that we could try to help us. The clinic's weakness was dealing with my insurance company. I had to bear the load of reaching out to my insurance company about payments for procedures. This was extremely time consuming but I did not mind doing it since I wanted to save myself money.
I was covered by insurance up to $25,000. Retrieval was approximately $12,000 and transfer was approximately $4,000. All other appointments were specialist co-pays of $30.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

During my consultation with [Dr. Tortoriello], he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that... listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Everything was great [at Sher Fertility of New York]...One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing...Frances Faundez [nurse] was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Excellent doctor who listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Ger ready to get pregnant!
During my consultation with Dr. Tortoriello, he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that.
Dr. Tortoriello was going to put me on 50mg of Clomid. I suggested we increase that to 100mg since that's the dosage the previous doctor had given me which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. He listened and increased the doseage. I appreciated that. It led to my successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances Faundez)
Frances Faundez was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything was great. One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing.
My IUI was covered. I just had to pay for clomid which was discounted through insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken was consistently warm and friendly, while still being honest and frank about our chances. She remembered me and the details our my history from appointment to appointment and answered emails quickly...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
It's a small clinic [Sher Manhattan], which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating...I was doing an IVF transfer with a PGS'ed 5 day blastocyst. I did the usual drug protocol I'd done at another clinic, but I also did intralipid infusions every 2-3 weeks starting before the transfer and then through the beginning of the pregnancy. SIRM does this treatment for people who've has recurrent, unexplained miscarriages like me in the past.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, Dr. Dicken was warm, friendly, available and kept my feelings in mind during a difficult time. She didn't withhold information or try to sugar coat anything, but she was clearly rooting for our success. At another clinic, I sometimes felt like their course of action was motivated more by their need to keep up their success rates.
I'm not sure -- I really felt like I received good care. I was transferring embryos from another clinic and I wish I'd done a better job of keeping all the details of all of my testing clear, but that is more a statement about my own level of disorganization. Dr. Dicken was thorough and considered all the aspects of my history.
They were all very kind and encouraging. Again, I felt like a human at every turn. I will say I found it much easier to communicate via phone than email.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a small clinic, which I found helpful in navigating treatment, schedules, and billing. Nurses sometimes goofed on details of drug protocols and scheduling, but I just made sure to check things and follow up. They were always very kind and accommodating.
My insurance covered 80% of the cost of the transfer. Some of the drugs weren't covered.
Dr. Dicken suggested we transfer only one embryo rather than the two we had to choose from b/c of my history of miscarriages.