425 Fifth Ave
Purchase (closed)
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient AND person. He took into account my schedule & work demands. He made himself available by email, text, phone. He is, BY FAR, the best Dr. I've ever had...He is an excellent communicator! He gave me his email address and answered every and any question I had within the hour. He treated me with respect, kindness and compassion. I never felt like I was taking up his valuable time like at my previous clinic. He should teach other doctors how to interact and treat patients--that's how greathe is.
I am monitoring in a different state. The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was organized and effecient. The Dr. & staff was kind & compassionate...Currently I am doing Lupron flare protocol. It resulted in one dominant follicle. We canceled cycle...He is an excellent communicator! He gave me his email address and answered every and any question I had within the hour. He treated me with respect, kindness and compassion. I never felt like I was taking up his valuable time like at my previous clinic. He should teach other doctors how to interact and treat patients--that's how greathe is.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
If you are looking for a doctor who not only listens and communicates, but also a doctor who CARES about you, Dr. Wang is the Dr. for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He seemed genuinely concerned about me as a patient AND person. He took into account my schedule & work demands. He made himself available by email, text, phone. He is, BY FAR, the best Dr. I've ever had.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Strengths--quickly responds to emails. No weaknesses.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I am monitoring in a different state. The clinic was organized and effecient. The Dr. & staff was kind & compassionate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We would transfer 2-3 if I had that many.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him...Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step...I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation.
This clinic [Sher - Manhatten] was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there...The nurses who reached out to me after every tests were great. The nurses who took my blood tests were just ok...they bruised me a couple of times and couldn't answer some of my questions about what the test results would indicate...I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I knew I needed a doctor who would give me the personal care I need in this difficult process and Dr. Wang def. exceeded my expectation. If I could, I'd have Dr. Wang as my doctor for everything. He's amazing!
NONE!
Dr. Wang seemed super knowledgeable from the first meeting we had. He was extremely approachable and he followed up after our first consultation the same night. His prompt responses made me feel like he really took the time to speak with his patients. I was extremely comfortable working with him. Much better than the experience I had working with a different doctor before!!!
Dr. Wang provided the risks and complications that I'd experience in the treatment and he walked me through every step. The result was GOOD!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic was clean and organized. I felt comfortable going there.
I haven't received all the bills yet.

2017, Unknown Success
Cary [Dr. Dicken] is warm, smart, and professional. She has a friendly demeanor but still feels like your doctor...Cary did some very specific blood work for me that detected an elevated prolactin level, which may have been contributing to implantation problems. Along with prescribing a medicine for that, she also sent me for an MRI to make sure there wasn't something more serious causing that- very thorough...Pleasant, intelligent, answers all questions and emails.
[At Sher Fertility] I needed to get my ovidril injection ordered within a specific time frame due to travel needs and delivery times. The nurses were aware, but the attending doctor (not Dr Dicken) did not sign off on the prescription til the following day. This caused me to run around last minute to get it from a pharmacy in the city that didn't take my insurance: I had to pay $160 out of pocket...[The nurses are] Good with blood work, more attentive...The office is clean and bright, with tea in the waiting room – does not feel dreary like a hospital.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Cary is warm, smart, and professional. She has a friendly demeanor but still feels like your doctor. The office is clean and bright, with tea in the waiting room – does not feel dreary like a hospital.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Trust her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Pleasant, intelligent, answers all questions and emails.
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Good with blood work, more attentive
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Covered by insurance so far
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
my experience with Dr. T [Tortoriello] was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle...He is very warm and personable. He answered all of my very many emails promptly. He called me with results...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous...SIRM is great. Sixth floor is brand new and gorgeous. The MAs and nurses, especially Lindsay, are very kind and sweet and all KNEW ME. It would be nice if Dr. T had earlier appointments but that is the price of seeing one doctor and not twenty different docs...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Tortoriello was my third fertility doctor. I went through many IUIs and 2 IVF cycles elsewhere at a large factory clinic in NYC. By far my experience with Dr. T was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
No advice except see him first!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is very warm and personable. He answered all of m,y very many emails promptly. He called me with results.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Covered 100%.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I only had one blastocyst by day 5, and it took. But if I had another he said he still prefers one at a time.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The first time was awesome. [Dr. Tortoriello] went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy...was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
The clinic itself [Sher Fertility of New York] was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room...Our favorite nurse was Jackie. She was with us throughout both of our treatments. She got to know us as a couple and not just as patients. Very compassionate.
Dr. T was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
Do your research before seeing any doctor. We were blinded by the fact that we wanted a baby so badly that we put all our faith in our doctor and didn’t question his decisions.
The first time was awesome. Dr. T went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic itself was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room with Dr. T.
Luckily our treatments were covered by my health insurance. Unfortunately we maxed out.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had to email the nurse to remind her to call in the prescriptions.

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling...I was on low dose of injections for egg banking...I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.
He was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling.
Ask tons of questions
You can make an appt. but one time I had to wait for over an hour in the exam room.
I was on low dose of injections for egg banking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra)
I never met my nurse. I also got conflicting information regarding my meds. She told me one could be refrigerated and it couldn't.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I liked that you could make and appt. it was very easy to get to via train.
Copays and anesthesia
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient. Answered all my emails very quickly. Very kind. Understanding. Never makes you feel like a number and remembers the details of your situation. He doesn't push any treatments but always gave options and let me decide...Used estrogen priming for DOR. Used HGH, viagra suppositories, and stims for thin lining...Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
[Sher Fertility of New York was] Very organized...You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work...Bushra [nurse] was a bit disorganized but very kind...Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills...Around 25k for ivf...[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient.
You need to do your own research and bring those ideas and get his feedback.
Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: bushra)
Bushra was a bit disorganized but very kind
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very organized. Very expensive. You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work
Around 25k for ivf
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Dicken is smart, caring, compassionate. She understood the emotional implications that go along with treatment. She was always available and responded quickly to my emails. Can't recommend her more highly!!... At sher, you will not feel like your at a fertility factory but rather a human who she will care for and get to know !
It [Sher Fertility of New York] is a much smaller feel having some of the larger fertility clinics. I always felt well cared for by the front desk staff, nurses and of course Dr. Dicken.... At sher, you will not feel like your at a fertility factory but rather a human who she will care for and get to know !
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She is the best! Call her for a consultation! You won't be disappointed. At sher, you will not feel like your at a fertility factory but rather a human who she will care for and get to know !
Dr. Dicken is a warm, smart, caring doctor. She was always available to talk by email and wrote me personally to update me. I never felt like I was being treated at a factory. I felt cared for and important.
Letrozole, trigger shot & timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It is a much smaller feel having some of the larger fertility clinics. I always felt well cared for by the front desk staff, nurses and of course Dr. Dicken
She luckily accepted my insurance.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I thought that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking...Very flat affect in general....He used low dose meds bc I have DOR. He recommended banking for 3 cycles and then testing...
Loved that [at Sher - Manhatten] you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work...I never met her [the nurse] and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed...I thought that he [Dr. Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
I thought that he treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
Ask a tons of questions!
Very flat affect in general.
I never met her and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Loved that you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work.
Copays
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. O was always direct, yet empathetic in explaining any results. She conveys a familial-like vibe - sort of like your favorite Aunt. She remained positive despite my first negative pregnancy test, and was encouraging in our next cycle...Standard hormone injections for egg retrieval, Lupron treatment for slightly abnormal lining, and cleaning out of uterine fibroids. The Lupron treatment normalized my lining to produce a successful pregnancy.
My experience with SHER- NY was amazing. EVERYONE, from nurses to receptionists are welcoming and sensitive to your needs. Dr. O was always readily available via email, even responding on weekends and vacations. The ONLY time another doctor at the practice treated me, Dr. O called me just before the appointment to go over everything 1 more time. She is wonderful.
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Trust her. It's an emotional process- but try not to be too emotional. See it as a goal to be met and take care of business. Follow her orders and pray for the best!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Annie)
Excellent nursing staff. I had many of them work with me on various occasions and they were all amazing!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic itself is wonderfully laid out. Receptionists and financial planner are great! Very patient, taking time to answer any questions. The ONLY criticism I could possibly think of would be that you cannot really make a set appointment time in advance. You call and request your day and preferred time, then they call you to confirm the day before. Mostly though, the time they set is on or close to your preferred time. Also- I personally would prefer later appointment times, but they are not available beyond about 2-3pm.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I know they offered package deals for multiple cycles, but cannot remember how much they cost. I do know that they accepted our health insurance which meant we were only responsible for 10-20% of total cost, and some uncovered things (genetic screening, additional testing, prescription copays etc)
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Thank goodness it wasn't a big deal at all- and it may not have even been SHERs fault because it involved sending bloodwork to another testing facility and company. My genetic screening bloodwork seemed to have been mixed up with my husbands, deeming the samples ineligible for testing and when Dr. O called- she explained that she was VERY upset with the company and had just gotten off the phone with them. She asked how soon we could come in for redrawing blood and explained the company would NOT charge us for the testing.
Althea O'Shaughnessy

2014 - 2016, Successful
The SIRM Institute has many strengths, including it's "non factory-like" feel, easy scheduling of appointments, wide variety of ways to communicate with patients, and amazing doctors. Sometimes I had experiences with incorrect billing and needed to really stay on top of all bills, insurance claims, and paperwork.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I saw Dr. Wang after being treated (unsuccessfully) by another doctor at a different clinic. I was looking for a fresh perspective on my case and the possibility of doing additional testing to uncover potential issues (I had endometriosis and a blocked tube). I only wish I had gone sooner to Dr. Wang! He is an incredible listener and has a way of explaining information to patients that is clear, concise, and makes sense. He has the ability to think outside the box and is willing to try things and always work with the patient. His communication is top notch - always responding to patient concerns or questions quickly and thoroughly. I was never made to feel like a question was a stupid one or a bother. He was able to suggest additional tests that did confirm I needed some extra treatments around immunological issues and uterine receptivity issues. He always sees patients promptly and gives them 100% of his attention. Words really can't describe how great Dr. Wang is.
Make an appointment as soon as possible - don't delay.
Dr. Wang's personable bedside manner always made me feel like I was being treated like a real human. He is caring and compassionate. He always remembered the details of my case and I never felt like "just a chart".
I used the Gonal-F/Menopur protocol with Ganirelix. My protocol was always tailored and adjusted for each cycle based on my needs and response. An endometrial function test revealed I would benefit from 3 months of Lupron treatment. I then required IVIG (when Intralipid treatment did not work), Prednisone, and other immune related drugs. After adjusting this protocol, I was able to finally become pregnant.
I saw many different nurses but all were competent and knowledgeable. Some were more helpful and kind than others.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I used insurance to cover egg retrievals, frozen transfers, office visits, monitoring, and blood work. After exhausting insurance benefits, I paid out of pocket for 1 fresh IVF cycle. The cost for the fresh cycle was very reasonable compared to costs of other clinics.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Dicken took the time to discuss the issues we were having with recurrent miscarriages thoroughly with both me and my husband. She was kind and warm, but also gave us space to make decisions on our own. She really seems to understand how to support her patients while still giving them the space to deal with an intensely private matter...Dr. Dicken started treatment by meeting with my husband and I for a long period of time, covering every detail of our history. She then laid out a course of potential next steps and treatment, explaining the level of invasiveness of each step. She recommended starting with the least invasive course to gather information and then proceeding from there...
The [Sher -Manh] clinic is great - easy to get an appointment, little waiting time, friendly staff. The office is being renovated and the newer floors are beautiful - older floors are fine but a little dark...The staff was very informed and helpful. They were able and willing to answer questions, and consulted the doctor and got back to me in a timely manner whenever I had concerns...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken started treatment by meeting with my husband and I for a long period of time, covering every detail of our history. She then laid out a course of potential next steps and treatment, explaining the level of invasiveness of each step. She recommended starting with the least invasive course to gather information and then proceeding from there. She explained the details and purpose of each test and treatment in detail. We were experiencing recurrent miscarriages and she recommended genetic testing for both parents, and a round of Clomid based on our discussion of the timing of my cycles, in an attempt to control the timing of ovulation and improve egg quality. She discovered a few genetic mutations on my genetic test that can affect folic acid levels and can contribute to clotting, resulting in pregnancy loss. She prescribed medications to address the issue and I become pregnant with my son the next cycle abd delivered a healthy baby in September 2016.
Come prepared with as much information as you can - dates, cycle tracking, anecdotal evidence of how you have felt and reacted while trying to get pregnant or during other treatments. Dr. Dicken will gather as much information as possible and factor it into her recommendation. I was impressed that she looked at the length of my cycles, the timing of ovulation according to ovulation strips, the timing of my miscarriages, and noticed a pattern of Kate ovulation. I was glad I had tracked this information. She us extremely thorough.
Letrozole to stimulate earlier ovulation, before degradation of egg begins. Aspirin during conception and blood thinners after conception to prevent clots, after genetic testing revealed predisposition to clotting. High dose folic acid after genetic testing revealed mutation affecting folate levels. High dose omega 3 after natural killer assay was slightly elevated.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
the clinic is great - easy to get an appointment, little waiting time, friendly staff. The office is being renovated and the newer floors are beautiful - older floors are fine but a little dark.
I don't remember exact costs but I had good health coverage for these issues. I do recall that Dr Dicken was careful to warn about costs that might not be covered by insurance. The clinic also offers a financial counselor to meet with you at the beginning of treatment, but because my treatments were minimal and my health coverage was good we didn't have such a meeting.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. T [Tortoriello] meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Monitoring hours can be a little inconvenient, as they start at 8.45am. Besides that, I don't have many complaints about SHER as a whole. The nurses and front desk were kind and compassionate...I actually communicated frequently with Dr Tortoriello vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics... He [Dr. Tortoriello] would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Dr. T meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time. During our 3rd attempt, we did slow stimming and I had one embryo. This turned out to be my healthy and adorable daughter. We're planning to go back within the year to give her a sibling. If you have any doubts regarding your RE, go to dr. T!!! He is amazing.
Ask questions for your comfort, but trust him completely. He is a true expert, as well as ethical and fair.
Where do I start with Dr. T...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Mika Dychiao)
I actually communicated frequently with Dr T vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Luckily we had insurance coverage so I'm not sure about OOP cycle costs.
I believe Dr. T preferred single transfer to avoid multiples. I didn't have that option so it wasn't an issue for us.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

It is small and more of a 'boutique' clinic. Individual appointment times for monitoring are a huge plus. The biggest weakness is that it is extremely expensive, much more than competing clinics...For the most part, they [nurses at Sher Fertility of New York] were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization...Monitoring was made by individual appointments rather than a giant cattle call. In addition, I was able to personally communicate with my doctor through email whenever I needed.
After initially being treated at Cornell for 4 failed cycles, I switched to Dr. T after my original doctor suggested using a surrogate. Although I should have been a very easy case (blocked tubes and a history of prior successful pregnancies, I was diagnosed with implantation failure. Dr. Tortoriello did a full and thorough work up with different testing and was willing and able to think outside of the box. This was EXACTLY what I needed. We transferred my last 3 frozen embryos - the ones that had been picked over each prior transfer - and it finally worked. I only kick myself for not going to him sooner. Dr. T is kind, compassionate to a point but also realistic. During our consultations, he didn't sugar coat things and gives you the honest facts. This was actually a little hard for me as a patient since I prefer a hand holder and a little more optimism. But he wholeheartedly wants it to work for his patients without making promises. During procedures and monitoring, he was upbeat and reassuring. I will 1000% be going back to him again. When everyone had given up on me, he made it happen.
Do your research beforehand. He is very willing to try new things.
We did a natural, frozen embryo cycle. He had me on 2 weeks of antibiotics during the first part of my cycle since I had been questioning infection. In addition, 5mg of prednisone and Foltanx. After the transfer, I supplemented with PIO and estrogen.
For the most part, they were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember the exact breakdown since I still had insurance coverage at that time. However, I know it is an extremely expensive clinic.
He based my transfer on my individual history (many prior failed transfers) and the grading of my embryos which I greatly appreciated. I think this is his approach with all his patients.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

From our first consultation, Dr. Dicken really made an effort to get to know us. She was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional. Even when she had bad news to deliver, Dr. Dicken was straightforward but still encouraging...For my IUI cycle, I saw Dr. Dicken for all monitoring appointments. She prescribed me Clomid, and then Ovidrel...Dr. Dicken is very knowledgeable, and thoroughly explains every step of the process.
her has a nice office space, conveniently located in midtown. We never had to wait for an appointment! They opened at 8:00, which allowed me to come in for monitoring before work. They are able to check what your insurance covers before you start treatment, and are organized with billing...The nurses were friendly and professional, and provided great care...She [Dr. Dicken] was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is very knowledgeable, and thoroughly explains every step of the process. From our first meeting, I trusted her expertise and knew I was in capable hands. She helps you decide what is best for you as a couple and doesn't force anything on you. Moreover, Dr. Dicken is kind and friendly, which made the whole process less intimidating. I cannot recommend her highly enough!
Don't be shy to ask questions! Dr. Dicken is great at breaking down complicated test results and procedures, and is always accessible over email.
From our first consultation, Dr. Dicken really made an effort to get to know us. She was always available to answer any questions over email, and her tone was always warm and professional. Even when she had bad news to deliver, Dr. Dicken was straightforward but still encouraging. Believing that she really cares for her patients helped me remain optimistic throughout the process.
For my IUI cycle, I saw Dr. Dicken for all monitoring appointments. She prescribed me Clomid, and then Ovidrel. My husband's counts had been all over the place, and the sample for the IUI wasn't ideal, but it was successful! Dr. Dicken timed it perfectly, and it resulted in a healthy full-term pregnancy.
The nurses were friendly and professional, and provided great care.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Sher has a nice office space, conveniently located in midtown. We never had to wait for an appointment! They opened at 8:00, which allowed me to come in for monitoring before work. They are able to check what your insurance covers before you start treatment, and are organized with billing.
I have GHI, and my treatment was covered. Each visit did have a $50 copay.
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We did not do IVF, but Dr. Dicken carefully monitored my follicles before IUI, so as not to risk multiple pregnancies.

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Dicken was empathetic and gentle in the way that she communicated with me during a very emotional IVF cycle. When asked questions (in-person/via email) she was patient and responded in "laymen" terms...Dr. Dicken missed some red flags in my blood results which led to me experiencing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). This syndrome is painful and caused my IVF cycle to be delayed. Subsequently, a frozen IVF cycle rather than a fresh transfer was the only recourse for that cycle...Since I have a good ovarian reserve the Antagonist protocol was used.
WEAKNESS [at Sher Fertility]: *the outcome for IVF retrieval and IVF transfer is sent via email. If your results are good, great! However, if it is not reading that via email could be traumatizing. *several instances were I was not informed that a retrieval or transfer would be performed by another doctor until I arrived. *If you have a billing issue be prepared for a long wait before your issue is addressed and/or resolved...Since I have a good ovarian reserve the Antagonist protocol was used...From very minor to big mistakes were made during my cycle. I.E., Administering medication too earlier, not ordering a specific test day of transfer...STRENGTHS: *sono & blood monitoring appointments are on time, *the waiting room is NOT crowded. *medical staff returns emails fairly quickly *old "matrixed" billing system was updated making medical expenses a lot easier to understand.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Do research so you better understand your hormone levels and how that impacts your IVF cycle.
Since I have a good ovarian reserve the Antagonist protocol was used.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
STRENGTHS: *sono & blood monitoring appointments are on time, *the waiting room is NOT crowded. *medical staff returns emails fairly quickly *old "matrixed" billing system was updated making medical expenses a lot easier to understand. WEAKNESS: *the outcome for IVF retrieval and IVF transfer is sent via email. If your results are good, great! However, if it is not reading that via email could be traumatizing. *several instances were I was not informed that a retrieval or transfer would be performed by another doctor until I arrived. *If you have a billing issue be prepared for a long wait before your issue is addressed and/or resolved.
Two embryos were transferred each of the two IVF cycles. My age was a factor.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Given my relatively young age at the time (30) and no egg quality or quantity factors, he [Dr. Melvin Thornton] selected a not aggressive stem process that left me with little to no side effects and success on the first try...Given my age (30) and quality of eggs, he recommended eSET unless we were ok with multiples...I always personally saw Dr. Thornton or a trusted colleauge at each of my appointments. If it was not going to be Dr. Thornton, he would let me know in advance.
Hours and location were convenient for monitoring appointments [at Sher Fertility of New York]. Retrievals and transfers were done in the NYC office, which was also accommodating with hours (my transfer was on a Sunday). Did not batch patients which I liked. However, sometimes long waits. The reception staff in the Westchester office were sometimes less than understanding and could be abrasive.
How was your experience with Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Warm, compassionate, calming presence. Matter of fact about all aspects of treatment. Always reachable, provided us with his cell and direct email. Selected the appropriate protocol given our infertility factors and history.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Don't be afraid to push for more details and clarity when needed. He can sometimes act like the treatment is simplistic but if you ask questions he will always take the time to answer them thoughtfully.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Melvin Thornton used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Gonal F 225. Given my relatively young age at the time (30) and no egg quality or quantity factors, he selected a not aggressive stem process that left me with little to no side effects and success on the first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Shardae)
Always compassionate, however, tended to see many different nurses and instructions were not always clear.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Hours and location were convenient for monitoring appointments. Retrievals and transfers were done in the NYC office, which was also accommodating with hours (my transfer was on a Sunday). Did not batch patients which I liked. However, sometimes long waits. The reception staff in the Westchester office were sometimes less than understanding and could be abrasive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melvin Thornton at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
24K plus prescriptions.
Describe Melvin Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Given my age (30) and quality of eggs, he recommended eSET unless we were ok with multiples. i agreed with this approach.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Again, it was just receptionist staff at Westchester clinic. They did not make scheduling appointments easy, and sometimes missed scheduling appointments I tried to make altogether. Reaching out to Dr. Thornton directly solved these issues.
Melvin Thornton
Purchase (closed)

She [Dr. Cary Dicken] was very honest in predicting our chances and I had the impression she tried everything to enhance our chances to get pregnant. She even gave us some extra medication for free when ours ran out and she felt like I need another injection before egg retrieval. She always made me feel welcome, understood and secure. I loved having her as my doctor in this critical, emotional challenging time.
I was on a "cheaper" low-stimulation plan which SHER institute doesn't offer anymore...the girls at the reception desk are not so well trained. For example, I was denied an appointment because the girl didn't know the difference between starting a cycle and doing some pre-testing. I had to contact the doctor directly who sorted things out very quickly... The doctors working there are all at the top of their field and have great bedside manners. The clinic treats you like a human being. You see one doctor all the time. The rooms are friendly and clean.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Cary Dicken is very understanding and top-notch in her field. We did one round of IVF with my own eggs with her and we got pregnant immediately. Before, we did an IUI with her which didn't result in a pregnancy. She advised us to go do IVF to increase our chances which we did and ended up with a beautiful baby boy. I saw Dr. Dicken every visit (apart from the egg retrieval which was on a weekend with another great doctor on duty). She always made me feel good and optimistic about the whole process. I especially liked that she also answers emails quickly and detailed. Dr. Dicken explains things very easily which was important since I am not a native speaker. I felt that she did her best in giving us the best chance to conceive. What I like most about her is her warm, caring personality. I would recommend her to anybody who wants to do IVF.
Just rest assured hat you are in good hands with her and that she will do the best to get you pregnant.
Dr. Dicken has wonderful bedside manners. She answered all our questions in great detail. She even replied fast to emails. She was very honest in predicting our chances and I had the impression she tried everything to enhance our chances to get pregnant. She even gave us some extra medication for free when ours ran out and she felt like I need another injection before egg retrieval. She always made me feel welcome, understood and secure. I loved having her as my doctor in this critical, emotional challenging time.
I was on a low stimulation plan since my ovarian reserve was still good for my age (38 at the time of treatment). I was a case of unexplained infertility so I didn't have any known issues apart from being Vitamin D insufficient which Dr. Dicken found out in preliminary tests. I also did a genetic test as recommended by Dr. Dicken. The test revealed that I have a MTFHR Mutation, so Dr. Dicken prescribed me extra Folate. Overall, I didn't encounter any problems with the medication. I felt that her treatment plan was excellent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa who was my nurse coordinator did a good job explaining how to do all the injections and kept me updated about the next steps in the procedure. She was a little bit reserved and could have been a little bit more compassionate. We communicated a lot by email and she always replied in a timely manner. There was another nurse whom I particularly grew fond of. Her name is Jacqueline. She was so welcoming and nice. She really helped me go through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
SHER institute is a great clinic to do your IVF with. The doctors working there are all at the top of their field and have great bedside manners. The clinic treats you like a human being. You see one doctor all the time. The rooms are friendly and clean. The downside, they are very pricey, when you have to pay out of your own pocket. They don't offer any grants or discounts for people who don't make so much money like other clinics do. The accounting department is horrible. They gave us a lot of stress with wrong invoices. For example, they charged us for egg freezing while we didn't have anything to freeze. This was not only unprofessional, it was also very insensitive because we would have loved to have more embryos to try for a second child. Also, the girls at the reception desk are not so well trained. For example, I was denied an appointment because the girl didn't know the difference between starting a cycle and doing some pre-testing. I had to contact the doctor directly who sorted things out very quickly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The monitoring appointments fit well into my schedule and once I was there, the wait times weren't long. It was a pretty smooth process.
I don't remember the exact amounts anymore. I was on a "cheaper" low-stimulation plan which SHER institute doesn't offer anymore.
We only had two embryos worth transferring. Given my age Dr. Dicken would have let us decide if two or three embryos were going to be transferred if we had enough.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I was denied an appointment for testing on my third day of my period because the nurse claimed that the Doctor doesn't accept new cycles anymore this month. I couldn't make her understand that I am not starting a cycle I just wanted to come in for a test which was discussed with the Doctor. I had to contact the Doctor and in the end did the test one month later.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

The nurses and front desk [Sher Fertility NY] were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.... From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with compassion. The nurses knew my name, which made it feel like a comfortable place to be. My doctor was available, direct, but would consoul me when I needed it. I truly have wonderful memories from my experience, I can not think of any weaknesses.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is an amazing doctor. She was constantly present wether it was during a visit, over the phone and through email. She answered every question clearly and non-judgmental can, even if it was a question that I had asked a ton of times before. I felt she truly understood what U was going through not only medically and emotionally and handle it in a delicate manner but still direct and professionally. When I found out I was pregnant she was just as excited for me. I thought that was amazing because she sees so many people. But I felt I was the only one.
No matter what you are thinking or feeling tell Dr. Dicken. She is understanding and kind. Dr. Dicken wants the same outcome as you and she truly cares.
from the moment I walked in to Dr.Dickens office I was treated with such kindness. She was direct, but had a nice way of speaking to me. I left her office hopeful.
We used clomid to help with the folicals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Piccardo)
The nurses and front desk were a welcome sight durning such an emotional time. They understood the challenges of fertility and managing it with everyday life a family.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I would only have to pay our copay and for the shots, which were around $300. We also had to pay for some tests.

2014 - 2016, Successful
I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T [Tortoriello] believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. ... He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case.
I really appreciated that this clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
I found Dr. T after being dissatisfied with the care at another practice. I did a lot of research and chose to move to Sher so I could be treated by Dr. T. This was the best decision I made as he is truly one of a kind. I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. He referred me to a specialist who was able to remove my endometriosis surgically and he worked with that practice to continue my treatment until he delivered the amazing news that I was finally pregnant!! Throughout my time there, Dr. T always remained positive and always approached us with new ideas on how to change course (we requested this). He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case. 10 months after I had my daughter I found out I was pregnant again (naturally!) and my OBGYN was concerned that my hormone levels were very low, he was certain it was a bad pregnancy. I quickly emailed Dr. T, whom I hadn’t spoken to in over a year and asked his opinion. He was, as always, honest but hopeful. That pregnancy ended in a perfectly healthy baby. I will always be thankful to him for finally diagnosing my issue and providing a solution, and ultimately being responsible for the two beauties that are now in our lives! I cannot forget to also acknowledge the nurses and other doctors in the practice who were all so wonderful as well. This is truly a special practice.
I think all patients of all doctors should always advocate for themselves. Come to the appointment as informed as possible, think about what questions you want to ask beforehand.
The practice seemed small and more intimate. You would see maybe 2 or 3 patients in the waiting room. At another practice I had been to there were more than 50 patients in the waiting room each time I went, a different doctor would see me every time and had no clue what my history was. Dr. T always met with me for a discussion whenever I requested, always responded to my emails within an hour and most importantly remembered who I was when I came into his office.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I really appreciated that this clinic was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
The doctor [Althea O'Shaughnessy] was very reachable and seemed very open in her communication. I cannot fully trust that the large number of tests that totaled more than $5,000 were only driven by necessity and not by the clinic's desires to make additional money ( tests were not covered by insurance). My cycle at the institute (which was my third IVF - and i"m a normal 35 yo with no known problems) did not succeed, so I have mixed feelings about the Dr., who seemed to be very convinced of success rates. Also, she put me on lupron depot which was probably the worst kind of medication for my body so far. I never was told of the side effects , and in my case happened to be quite bad.
I cannot fully trust that the large number of tests that totaled more than $5,000 were only driven by necessity and not by the clinic's desires to make additional money ( tests were not covered by insurance)....The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was very small, clean and quite well organized in terms of scheduling. I never had an issue with scheduling. The billing process however was very disorganized, they very convincingly sent me a bill for additional $2,000 and were pushy with immediate payments. Given that this is a private clinic, I did have the feeling that much of the treatments and tests were cost driven.
The doctor was very reachable and seemed very open in her communication. I cannot fully trust that the large number of tests that totaled more than $5,000 were only driven by necessity and not by the clinic's desires to make additional money ( tests were not covered by insurance). My cycle at the institute (which was my third IVF - and i"m a normal 35 yo with no known problems) did not succeed, so I have mixed feelings about the Dr., who seemed to be very convinced of success rates. Also, she put me on lupron depot which was probably the worst kind of medication for my body so far. I never was told of the side effects , and in my case happened to be quite bad.
Ask as many questions as possible and fully understand what you are actually being tested for - what the purpose is and how the results are being interpreted.
The care was very personal, and the clinic was very careful. It did feel however that some of the tests were done as a matter of practice, and upon their receipt there was no diagnosis provided. Ultimately, I never understood the true value of the results of the test - Endometrial function test and NK cell test.
She ultimately gave me the same treatment for the IVF as the past doctors. She used a lupron protocol. However, we did a genetic test on the embyos so we had to continue with a frozen cycle. Because the endometrial function test showed some slight abnormatlities ( a test debated by many) - she put me on lupron depot. This was followed by an FET cycle - one embryo out of 5 tested was deemed good - and we transfered it. I was put on nightly injections of progesterone and delestrogen. Ultimately the cycle failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: annie choi)
The nurse was good, a bit overwhelmed at times, but ok. I had to remind her of medication that Dr. Oshaughessy suggested, and needed to make sure that she called in all the medication to the pharmacy - so I can't say she was very careful, but was helpful most of the time.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic was very small, clean and quite well organized in terms of scheduling. I never had an issue with scheduling. The billing process however was very disorganized, they very convincingly sent me a bill for additional $2,000 and were pushy with immediate payments. Given that this is a private clinic, I did have the feeling that much of the treatments and tests were cost driven.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled generally early in the morning, but everyone was put on a waitlist with desired times. Usually if i requested lets say 8:30, i would get that time. So the appointment process was quite easy to manage.
$11,000 (+/- a few hundred) - it was so expensive that I actually did a spreadhseet. Also i had insurance cover the IVF - this was only for tests, and FET.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had issues with the nurse calling in medication to the pharmacy. I had to call back a few times, and send her an email detailing what the the decisions of our conversations were. It seemed difficult for her to make sure that medication was called in on time.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she [Dr Cary dicken] has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience....She is an extremely compassionate and competent doctor. Well informed and communicates clearly with her patients - and maybe most importantly listens to the patients and reassures them.
[Sher Fertility of New York] Weaknesses: Care coordination from cycle to cycle and payment procedures. Strengths: staff...10-15,000 per cycle all included with meds, but they do a package upgrade so that it is cheaper if you do 2nd and 3rd cycle with them....All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she [Dr Cary Dicken] has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
All the doctors at Sher are pretty good, but she has been our favourite. She is young enough to know all the new treatment and not be stuck in her ways, but also has a good amount of experience.
All the nurses know me and my case by name. Dr Dicken has a wonderful bed side manner and is very responsive to questions. She is very compassionate.
Difficult to answer. I have a specific genetic disorder so the protocol was pretty standard (sorry I can't remember all the meds) - I had to get pgs on any embryos created. We had a good protocol to begin with during cycle 1, it was disastrous during cycle 2, so we changed it and found one that worked which produced 1-2 good embryos each cycle - which is the best we could have hoped for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline)
I think the only issue that I have with the clinic is that my care coordinator changes ...and I'm never quite sure who it is. However all the nurses are lovely and competent - Jacqueline, cindy, Melissa, bouchra, etc. This only became an issue when it came to calendars and medications. I would have liked to understand why medication (and dosage) was changed each round, often it was changed back when I questioned it because the meds where in similar categories...but then why change it at all to begin with?
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry...
TRUST HIM
Our dream came true thanks to Dr. Drew Tortoriello Everything began four years ago when we decided to start family. We tried to get pregnant for year with no luck met. That time I went to see my ob/gyn who sent us for some tests. We were confused, sad and depressed. She told us that IVF is our only option. So we went to clinic that was closest to our hometown. Doctors explained us what should we expect, but after failed IUI, IVF cycles and one miscarriage we were disappointed. We did not know what to do next, stay with clinic that follow protocol and won't make any changes or find someone else who can help us. At that time, I met a friend who was doctor’s T. patient and who got pregnant after first cycle of IVF in her 40s. So we called dr. T. office to make apt. and it was best decision of our live. Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry. We are happiest since this is something that wouldn't be possible without doctor T. What we want to say is beyond 5 stars, excellent service etc. He helped us made life dream come true, so make appointment with him and you will see by yourself. THANK YOU DR. TORTORIELLO and SHER INSTITUTE FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL AIMEE :)
TRUST HIM
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Dicken is in a league of her own. Her attitude and knowledge made for an excellent IVF experience. My wife and I were not only blessed with a positive outcome, but also felt totally cared for along the way. After quite a bit of fertility research, we had an initial meeting with Dr. Dicken to discuss our options. We quickly knew she was the best doctor and Sher the right practice to help us expand our family. The IVF process can seem quite overwhelming. Dr. Dicken and the wonderful staff at Sher made sure we had all appointments, calendars, RX’s, and most importantly knowledge along the way. The office is run like a well-oiled machine- rarely a wait, efficient and caring nurses, insurance know-how, and all services onsite. Another couple friend worked with Dr. Dicken/Sher as well; they had the same excellent results and glowing feedback. We enthusiastically recommend Dr. Dicken and Sher to anyone in need of their expertise.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice [Sher Institute] has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She is an excellent physician with a great staff. Take notes during an initial appointment but know she is available to answer any questions as you go along
We used my eggs and my wife carried. Neither of us had any known fertility issues. Due to the way we wanted to have our child, IVF was the clear path. Dr. Dicken gave us options of a fresh transfer or a 5 day embryo, we chose the latter. Each process was clearly explained and we made the decision based on our preferred timeline. Felt 100% confident and very well educated
They were the perfect compliment to Dr. Dicken's expertise. Warm, caring, quite proficient... we left feeling like family and always knew we were working with intelligent professionals too.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Don't have any negative comments. Love that the practice has an office manager who researched our insurance coverage, then met with us to review costs ahead of time... this is a HUGE benefit. Scheduling was easy and appointments on time. We've had some invoice needs after our care, and appreciate how quickly we get responses and information via phone or email.
I don't recall exactly because we have insurance and were near our policy out of pocket max. Do remember thinking costs were very reasonable, inline with other practices researched, but with better care.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve....Dr. Dicken had the patience to answer my MILLION questions and gave me honest reassurance when I felt overwhelmed and afraid...She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby...The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of NY] was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring... I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available...Much of my treatment was covered by insurance but about a quarter of it was by me. Medications (and there were lots) was mostly covered, but I'm sure I spent a few thousand dollars on medication and treatment. Also, I have paid for egg freezing.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken was thorough and effective in identifying some problems I had with tubal blockage and low egg reserve. She also tested my husband's doer for amount and quality which were fine. She took me step by step through the process of IUI then IVF until I had my baby. I had a hysterioscopy first to clear my tubes. Then I started hormones and had to undergo three IUI. Dr. Dicken explained that IVF was more effective but I needed IUI's done before my insurance would cover IVF. She was correct. The second IVF resulted in a pregnancy. That IVF I didn't even need injections, just medications. The first IVF I think was rushed because she was trying to get it done before she herself left to have a baby. But the second round went perfectly. Dr. Dicken was patient with my constant questions and responded to a million emails.
Have your health records ready to go, like genetic and medical history.
I had a low egg reserve so a lot of my treatment was smoking up the eggs I had. She measured my hormone levels and gave me hormones in response.
The nursing staff was very personal and compassionate. Also, they were very well informed and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clothes mix was well run. I wish the hours went into the evening. Juggling work and treatment was very difficult. Also, I wish the financing staff were more readily available.