425 Fifth Ave
3020 Westchester Ave
Purchase, NY 10577

Dr. Dicken is qualified and professional. I am very happy that I was able to deliver a healthy child with her intervention. She was flexible about trying both IUI with my own eggs and transfer of donated embryos, as well as with different levels of medication with each IUI...Dr. Dicken is professional and friendly. I appreciate that she is available by email...
Consider the team and not just the MD. All staff members impact your care...I had to ask for instructions [at Sher Fertility] when I started injecting my medication; instruction was not offered. The nurse was rushed and the encounter was not helpful. The clinic's practice was to provide a link to a YouTube video, which did not exactly mirror my own situation. I had to rely on verbal advice from a nurse friend, by phone.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Consider the team and not just the MD. All staff members impact your care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Cary Dicken used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Three IUIs, each with increasing levels of ovulation monitoring and ovulation-producing medication. Then two transfers of privately donated embryos, under anesthesia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
I had to ask for instructions when I started injecting my medication; instruction was not offered. The nurse was rushed and the encounter was not helpful. The clinic's practice was to provide a link to a YouTube video, which did not exactly mirror my own situation. I had to rely on verbal advice from a nurse friend, by phone.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is pleasant and clean. I occasionally had a hard time being buzzed in first thing in the morning. The staff was solicitous, but throughout my long treatment process, problems arose. I was given conflicting or incorrect advice about obtaining medical records, when to fast vs. not fast before a procedure, when to have an empty vs. full bladder before a procedure, whether to take certain medications while fasting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I do not remember. They were comparable to other facilities in the area, but a bit lower.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Please see previous narrative.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. Dicken was very professional, accomodating and understanding. She is easy to reach and answers emails promptly. All appointments were right on schedule, never felt rushed and all questions were answered. Was pleased to know that patients' requests and considerations regarding treatment plan were taken into account and changes were made as needed during treatment plan. Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
All staff [at Sher - Manh] was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues...Keep track of what you do. If you send fax then call and confirm your fax was recieved, stay on top of things, ask questions, double check things if needed...Personalized care, short wait time, individual approach. Same doctors, same nurses, small practice, feels like home, not like factory....Good to know that patient's opinion also means something during this difficult journey.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
General advice for all patients undergoing fertility treatments - read, read and read. Be prepared when you go on interview so you can have a conversation. Be your own advocate, know your own history, do research on all procedures. This knowledge will not only allow you to get the best results but will also save you a lot of money.
Antagonist protocol, 3 day transfer, all to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
All staff was easy to reach, professional, all issues were resolved on the same day. For example medication prescription issues.
Mostly paid by insurance, 25 % copayment
Describe Cary Dicken's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. Dicken did have a preference to transfer the least number of embryos.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist...She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it....Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic [Sher - Manh]. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point...She [nurse] communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication...Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars...the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Cary was very candid and paid extreme attention to detail. I connected with her from the very first day. She took her time to review all my test results and explained clearly the best course of treatment. She insisted that I see other specialist in relation to other health issues I had and intact communicated with those specialist. She made sure :that health wise, I was ready to Cary a pregnancy
Listen to Cary and trust her
Cary L Dicken was very thorough and gave me her time absolutely. She was very candid and ensured I was in best of health before starting the fertility treatment. It was obvious she was not: desperate to collect my money and commence treatment until she was sure that my body was ready to carry a pregnancy. She was very firm and I'm now grateful for it.
Can't remember the details but I know the blastocyte was transferred on day 5
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
She communicated clearly my treatment regimen. She also helped with procurement of my medication
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
A very organised and we'll put together clinic. Pay extreme attention to detail. Communication is key to them. I. Got a call reminding me of all appointments and what's expected of me. I didn't feel alone at any point
Clinic and medication cost about 20000 dollars
Cary Dicken advised me to transfer a single embryo because of my history. I lost an 18 weeks twin pregnancy the previous year and suggested it was better not to risk a multiple pregnancy
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. T [Tortoriello] is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment ... He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
It's [Sher Fertility] a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Thanks to Dr. T, I have 2 beautiful children. I did 2 cycles with him, and each resulted in a singleton birth. I can't thank Dr. T enough for the joy of having full family. He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Listen to him and trust him. Don't be afraid to ask questions - he's there for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. T is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Cycle mostly covered by insurance. About $5000 out of pocket for medications, co-pay and non-covered tests
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr. T described what he thought would be best approach for the transfer and given my age expected outcomes. I always felt that I was making an educated decision
2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Wang is the most compassionate and caring doctor that I have ever had. He provides a level of personalized care that is simply a cut above the rest. I can't imagine ever feeling like I was just a number under his care. His level of attentiveness and kindness is what one can only hope for with every doctor but yet is so hard to find.
The clinic's [Sher Institute of Westchester] main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc....[Nurse] Leslie seems to be very organized and on top of all the details when it comes to coordinating an IVF cycle. I was very impressed by her.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang is everything one could hope for in an RE. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough, communicative, progressive...I could go on and on. Truly, there is no other RE like him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Don't be shy to ask questions. Dr. Wang is very responsive and he never makes you feel like your questions are a bother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Estrogen priming to synchronize follicles then microdose Lupron, Gonal F and menopur and Omnitrope. Produced better results in terms of quality of the eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic's main strength is Dr. Wang himself. Patients come to the clinic for him. The clinic's main weakness seems to be some of it's other support staff. The administrative staff seems to be less knowledgeable about billing, insurance, scheduling out of town patients, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Insurance paid for most of it.
Purchase (closed)

Dr. Dicken is incredibly kind, compassionate and a good listener. She did not sugarcoat bad news but was very sensitive to the stress we were under and always gave me time to make decisions and listened to my concerns and questions. She always responded to my emails...She is excellent in explaining options based on her assessment of your situation. She was realistic but hopeful. She said to me, "if you were my sister, I would tell you not to give up on your own eggs." and it almost made me cry because it felt so good to hear...
The nursing staff [at Sher - Manh] overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left...Sher is a boutique clinic, you see your doctor when you go. They are very personalized. the only issue is with their billing, which is very disorganized...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Come in with all of your questions because she will make an effort to respond to them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The nursing staff overall was wonderful, very supportive and kind, sometimes you had to follow-up with them to be sure that they got your meds orders in but they were very flexible and even allowed me to come into the office to get the sample meds for free once when I didn't have any left.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They are covered for the most part by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Mostly with the billing department, which is managed out of their vegas offices.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

She [Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy] scheduled an appointment just to speak with us and explain what may have happened when we received a negative pregnancy test after our first transfer. She was also very personable...She was very knowledgable and thorough. Also seemed to enjoy her job. My husband and I actually discussed it and felt like she was somewhat like an aunt in nature- providing compassion, yet with direct facts...Genetic testing- because it seemed a standard practice there.
Appointments [at Sher] were somewhat inflexible. The doctor could only provide treatment in morning hours. Afternoons seemed to be reserved for new patients...Genetic testing- because it seemed a standard practice there...Everyone was wonderful at the office. Responsive, caring and attentive...Mostly covered by my insurance. But we had to pay 20% out of pocket. Came to around $3000 per cycle...She [Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy] was very knowledgable and thorough. Also seemed to enjoy her job.
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
She scheduled an appointment just to speak with us and explain what may have happened when we received a negative pregnancy test after our first transfer. She was also very personable.
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Genetic testing- because it seemed a standard practice there. Egg retrieval and embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Yes- cannot recall her name)
Everyone was wonderful at the office. Responsive, caring and attentive
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Appointments were somewhat inflexible. The doctor could only provide treatment in morning hours. Afternoons seemed to be reserved for new patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
It was a personal experience. Dr. Dicken was quick to communicate via email and always explained her decisions - even ones I wasn't happy with. She was open to my suggestions and really made it a team effort...Estrogen priming with high dose Antagonist. I also did intralipid therapy and immune therapy that seemed to help tremendously.
It [Sher Fertility of New York] is a smaller clinic for NYC but felt very personable. I was able to feel comfortable and see my doctor for every monitoring appointment. that was a real plus....She was very helpful at explaining things and putting us at ease. The difference in results was day and night - and that had to do with her having a great bedside manner and listening to my worries and reservations.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
To ask questions because they will be answered. It was a partnership.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: jackie)
they were all quick to email and very good at being supportive and nice.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It is a smaller clinic for NYC but felt very personable. I was able to feel comfortable and see my doctor for every monitoring appointment. that was a real plus.
i was completely self pay. I did a two cycle package
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. T[ortoriello] is the most honest fertility doctor I dealt with. I was a confusing case and he worked his hardest to find a way for me to become pregnant. He did not beat around the bush and was always up front about his thoughts and plans. He has a very dry sense of humor that I loved every time I saw him. He talked me like a peer not a patient. He knew how informed was about situation and never talked down to me. We always had collaborative conversations about my situation...He took time to review my situation and come up with personalized treatment. It was not cookie cutter.
my biggest issues with the office [Sher Fertility of New York] were with the staff. The nurses were not always correct about my medications and doses, but I was very knowledgeable and knew there were mistakes...I don’t think I had any major problems just little hiccups that were frustrating...There were many more strengths than weaknesses...Dr T[ortoriello] always made exceptions for me to come in for monitoring in the afternoons to accommodate my work schedule...He took time to review my situation and come up with personalized treatment. It was not cookie cutter.
Dr. T is the most honest fertility doctor I dealt with. I was a confusing case and he worked his hardest to find a way for me to become pregnant. He did not beat around the bush and was always up front about his thoughts and plans. He has a very dry sense of humor that I loved every time I saw him. He talked me like a peer not a patient. He knew how informed was about situation and never talked down to me. We always had collaborative conversations about my situation.
He’s very honest and has a dry sense of humor that could take some getting used to.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I have not been a patient in the office for 4 years but back then my biggest issues with the office were with the staff. The nurses were not always correct about my medications and doses, but I was very knowledgeable and knew there were mistakes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
When I was a patient 4 years ago, the only weakness was the lack of compassion from some of the staff. There were many more strengths than weaknesses. I loved that I always saw Dr T. I never saw another doctor for anything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Dr T always made exceptions for me to come in for monitoring in the afternoons to accommodate my work schedule.
I had insurance

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Dicken] is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality...
There are several doctors in the group [at Sher - Manh] and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me...The staff at Sher NYC is okay. They can do a better job of providing thorough and complete information to patients since they are the ones who make phone calls to patients and regularly provide them with information about next steps during treatment...
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Dicken is a knowledgeable doctor with excellent bedside manner. She is easy to talk to and cares about her patients. She thoroughly answers all questions her patients have and makes herself available by email which was a real blessing. I felt comfortable asking her questions that may have otherwise been uncomfortable to ask should I have had a different doctor (about bleeding I was having etc). I attribute this to her warm, easy-going personality. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr. Dicken and the 2nd cycle resulted in my husband and I having two beautiful twin boys! We couldn't be happier with our experience and highly recommend Dr. Dicken to anyone considering IVF treatment.
Don't be afraid to reach out and ask her about concerns you have (I even sent her a picture of a bloody pad)!
Dr. Dicken is warm and personable. She is very responsive to email and genuinely cares about her patients and their results. I felt comfortable asking her any questions I had and she was always patient and thoughtful when answering. I never felt rushed out of her office and felt well taken care of by her.
My 2nd IVF cycle we used a treatment where we quieted down the endometriosis I had. I was given 1 shot every month for 3 months so that my eggs could grow without the endo interfering with their growth. I think this was a key factor in my ability to get pregnant in my 2nd IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There are several doctors in the group and they communicate with each other to get advice about their patients. I really like that. It was great to know that my doctor was getting input from more than one physician about my situation and how to best help me.
My treatment was largely covered by my insurance. I think that the overall cost of care was somewhere in the $4,000 to $7,000 dollar range per IVF cycle.

2015, Unsuccessful
I was not notified when on Day 5, 6 or 7 to see how many embryos had made it to freeze. When I called [Sher-Manh], I was dismissed and told it was too late in the day and everyone was gone. When Dr. Dicken finally reached out it was with a 2 sentence email - "you're embryos didn't make it. please contact the office to schedule your next cycle". It was heartbreaking to read and I couldn't believe anyone could think after $20,000+, the emotional and physical journey I'd been on, etc... that this kind of communication is acceptable to a vulnerable patient.
How was your experience with Cary Dicken at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
My Dr had left the practice rather suddenly and I appreciated Dr Dicken taking over my care. We discussed treatment and she said she treated similarly to the Dr I had been seeing. I don't know that she could have done anything better medically, although perhaps if she had seen me as more of her patient and not someone who was out of state and just coming for retrieval - My issue with Dr Dicken was her bedside manner. She was unapproachable, unavailable and very cold. On the few occassions we did see her, she kept us waiting for hours, acted very nonchalantly, and didn't seem invested in me as her patient. On Day 5, no one called me with results, and when I called, I was told it was too late in the day to get news. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Anyone who has undergone IVF and is waiting for day 5 to learn about their embryos knows no call is unacceptable. That evening I received an email from Dr Dicken stating my embryos didn't survive. It was two sentences - with zero kindness or compassion. It was an awful way to learn the outcome. I refused to see Dr Dicken again.
Don't expect kindness or compassion.
I was an out of state patient and it was difficult to ask questions and receive answers. When we did travel to NY, Dr Dicken kept us waiting for hours and was very cold, unreceptive to questions. I felt like patient 1234 versus having the individualized care I've received with other doctors.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
overworked. as an out of state patient it was difficult to communicate.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had seen a different Dr at this clinic and was very satisfied. It's an older office which looks antiquated compared to some other clinics. Know as an out of state patient you might not get the same emotional care as other patients -
monitored out of state
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I was not notified when on Day 5, 6 or 7 to see how many embryos had made it to freeze. When I called, I was dismissed and told it was too late in the day and everyone was gone. When Dr. Dicken finally reached out it was with a 2 sentence email - "you're embryos didn't make it. please contact the office to schedule your next cycle". It was heartbreaking to read and I couldn't believe anyone could think after $20,000+, the emotional and physical journey I'd been on, etc... that this kind of communication is acceptable to a vulnerable patient.

2014 - 2015, Successful
We did pretty straight forward antagonist cycles, the difference for us was using autoimmune meds during our last transfer and transferring a larger number of day 2 embryos, rather than waiting to make blasts. I firmly believe we would not have been successful without this early transfer protocol which Dr. Wang carefully put together for us...the warmest, most compassionate doctor I’ve ever had for any treatment.
I only went to SIRM for Dr. Wang. I feel the clinic is pretty expensive when compared to other options. Dr. Wang was absolutely worth it, but I’m not certain I’d pay on that level for anyone else. The clinic has a great location and is clean and professional, nothing bad to say about the space or basic set-up...I loved the nursing staff...I think around 60k for four cycles not including genetic testing which added about 10k. However, I think rates have changed since we were there.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang worked so hard with us for over a year, to bring us our son. He is the kindest, smartest, most caring doctor. He is considerate and brilliant and always a step ahead managing any road blocks. He always went above and beyond to look out for us and always treated us with such extraordinary care. He found autoimmune issues no other doctor had found, and that made all the difference for us. I will always look back at our treatments with Dr.Wang with incredible gratitude.
See him now. Don’t wait!
Dr. Wang is the warmest, most compassionate doctor I’ve ever had for any treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I loved the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I can’t remember exactly, but I think around 60k for four cycles not including genetic testing which added about 10k. However, I think rates have changed since we were there.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We transferred a larger number untested embryos which led to success after failed single and double transfers of pgd tested embryos.

2014 - 2015, Successful
After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!...
It is a charming little place [at Sher - Manh] where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!...Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch...
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 6 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
Never give up and trust Dr. Wang completely!
"The best ever RE you can find on the East Coast! Not only in the state of NY, but for the entire East Coast! After being a patient to many other REs, once I met Dr. Wang, I knew he was the RE I needed! We have our miracle son due to his fantastic work, incredible bedside manners, extreme knowledge of protocols and customizing treatments for his patient’s needs. Can’t say enough great things about Dr. Wang and his team! Extraordinary person with charismatic personality and fantastic mind! THANK YOU DR. Wang for making it happen for us after 8 years wait! WE LOVE YOU!!! Forever grateful!”
My successful cycle we transferred my lonely 2 embryos on Day 2 and I have my 1 year old son from that fresh D2 transfer. We used HGH as my quality was really bad especially after termination my first pregnancy with Dr. Wang due to a developmental issue with the baby. So we used everything we knew about .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Dychiao)
Leslie has become a lifetime friend after being my nurse coordinator while I was cycling with Dr. Wang in 2014 and 2015. We still keep in touch. Since I graduated from Dr. Wang, I have created a group of former, current and future patients of Dr. Wang called Wang Gang. We are about 90 ladies and we help each other in real life with advise, medications and support.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is not the typical cookie cutting clinic like Cornell, NYU or RMA. It is a charming little place where everybody knows you by name and you don't have to wait to be seen. It is in the heart of Manhattan so it is very easily accessible for all ladies coming from all over the world to find success. You will be treated in the best way possible by the entire staff!
I had insurance coverage so all I had to do is keep a close eye to all the claims
2015, Unknown Success
Investor
Dr. O'Shaughnessy is a great Dr. She has years of experience and I felt very confident from the beginning that the protocol she was using was the best for my case. She was not a great communicator, but I was a satellite patient so I never met her until my retrieval. Dr. O can be very blunt in her tone, but she wants the very best outcome. She is very direct and honest regarding your chances and your results. I consulted with four Dr's I had recommendations for. She was the only one who went thru my bloodwork thoroughly. If you are a satellite patient (meaning your doing all your monitoring at another facility) you just have to make sure you stay on top of your results, and ask a lot of questions. From a surgical stand point, I felt very confident with her and her team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
To make sure you are prepared with your questions during the monitoring phase. From my experience, I felt Dr O was not as attentive during this stage because its not as important to the dr. despite every day being important to the patient.
I was a satellite Patient. I do think if I was in NY for my whole treatment, I would give Dr. O'Shaughnessy a better result, but I felt like In the beginning stages she wasn't totally on top of my results. Once we got to the retrieval stage I felt more comfortable. That said, SHE did email me every time with my results or call, unlike bigger facilities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Annie Chan)
Again, because I was a satellite patient, I never really understood what role each nurse took. I also started with one nurse and then had another one emailing me. I felt they did not realize I was a satellite patient, so would send me my calendar after a monitoring appointment. They also forgot to order medications one time, which luckily turned out to be ok, but could have been an issue. I do think this was because of my status and would be different if i were an in office patient
I did not do any monitoring here. I did my monitoring in Virgina at RMSVA, which I have to say was wonderful. They treated me like I was their patient and they sent my results on a timely manner.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I felt like if I was not 100% on top of my protocol and medicines there would have been mistakes. They sent me blanket instructions for medications, which if I had followed, would have led to a mistake in mixing. They forgot to order one medication because it was from a different pharmacy so I had to pay extra for overnight and it was still a day late. They sent me instructions that were not always accurate in terms of timing (ie number of days drugs to refill)
Althea O'Shaughnessy

2015, Unsuccessful
At the beginning, I thought she [Dr. Browne] was great but as things progressed she didn't seem sound on her own opinion and would change it, eg. when to trigger me etc. she often changed her mind at the last min (eg, 3 day transfer v 5 day). On the last attempt she did not clearly explain why the volume of eggs was so low.
The office staff [at Sher Fertility] in Westchester are lovely. I had Dr. Browne's mobile number and was able to call her. She responded to all my emails... The staff in the city office are rushed.
How was your experience with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
At the beginning, i thought she was great but as things progressed she didnt seem sound on her own opinon and would change it, eg. when to trigger me etc. she often changed her mind at the last min (eg, 3 day transfer v 5 day). On the last attempt she did not clearly explain why the volume of eggs was so low.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
REally question her decisions, ask her why she keeps changing her mind. It felt like she was in a rush sometimes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hyacinth Nicole Browne at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The office staff in Westchester are lovely. I had Dr. Browne's mobile number and was able to call her. She responded to all my emails.
Describe the protocols Hyacinth Nicole Browne used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
1st attempt - Follistim (600) , menapur and generelix and HCG trigger - 6 eggs, 5 fertilized, 5 made it to Day 3. Transferred 3 at Day 3 other 2 did not make it to Day5. negative pregnancy test 2nd attempt - Natural IVF attemp with lower meds, Follistim (350), menapur and ganerelix - 2 eggs retrieved, both fertilized. Did not make it past day 4. - no transfer 3rd attempt - Lupron used this time. for 7 days. Follistim (600), menapur and ganerelix - 5 eggs, only 1 fertilized. - Scans showed 9 follicles measuring between 18 -20 but only 5 mature, only 1 fertilized. - transferred the 1 embryo on Day 3 - awaiting results.
The staff in the Westchester office are great and caring. The staff in the city office are rushed.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
on my 1st attempt the nurse at Westchester forgot to schedule my intralipid infusion.
Hyacinth Nicole Browne

2015, Successful
Dr. Dicken was the third doctor I met with and for whatever reason I knew she would be the doctor that would finally make us parents. I have a sexual assault history and I felt comfortable disclosing this information to her. Before we completed the egg retrieval my anxiety was sky high because I was going to be unconscious-this made me feel extremely vonerable. After discussing my history and anxiety, Dr. Dicken listened with an open mind and reassured me. After that I was mentally ready to finally move forward with IVF.
Most of the nurses [at Sher Fertility of New York] were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.... I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.... My only issue with the clinic is scheduling appointments. They will not schedule out appointmeant too far in advance for minetering.
Trust the process
She always listened to our questions and concerns. Even thought she was the doctor, she valued our opinion during our treatment.
For UIU, we switched from clomid to letrozole because it was better for my lining. The first round of IVF we used birth control but after we canceled that round we left our birth control because I was a slow responder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie P)
Most of the nurses were caring, but Jackie went above and beyond. When we found out we had a chemical pregnancy, Jackie gave me the warmest, comferting hug. She gave us hope that the process would work.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I had a tricky schedule and the clinic was able to work around my availability.
UIU's at the time, out of pocket cost roughly $650, since then the entire IUI procedure now costs around $950 a cycle.
We transferred both eggs because of my low numbers and age.
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. T. was very good at communicating, he replied very thoroughly / promptly to my questions. I think there was probably unnecessary part of the treatment and testing (immunology, hgh), i was stunned to have just one embryo after 2 months of prepping, and better results with other doctors...Nurse did not reply to my messages, when replied seemed to ignore the questions -- this was very stressful, but if I would ask Dr. T, they would come back .
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office [Sher Institute] is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc...Some treatment of immunology issues was done on me, it did not hurt probably. I also was taking hgh. Dr. T also adjusted protocol in the beginning of the cycle, given my hormone levels (there was a switch in drugs, and i actually lost some money on that). Since the results were dismal, I am not sure it worked.
Dr T. is very good at communicating, though his nurse was not.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The doctor is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc.
10-13K + meds
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had some issues with nurse ordering the drugs on time/right pharmacy.
2015, Successful
Dr. Wang was available to us basically 24/day. If we emailed him a frantic question, he would always respond in an appropriate time. He took our fears to heart and would even step out of the exam room for a moment if we needed to cry and gather ourselves together...Unfortunately the emails and instructions we received from the nurse were at times incorrect or confusing. But Dr. Wang was always able to clarify
Dr. Wang was available to us basically 24/day. If we emailed him a frantic question, he would always respond in an appropriate time....There was some confusion [at Sher Institute in Manhattan] about our prescriptions for the IVF cycle, but we do not place the blame wholly on the clinic. It can get confusing- we didn't have insurance coverage so we priced out medications from several local pharmacies so a few phone calls got lost in the shuffle. After we were done cycling, the billing department failed to update our address in their system so we had to communicate back and forth a few times to set things straight.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
We could not be happier with our experience. He tempered our expectations to be realistic, while ensuring we never lost hope. He treated all of our questions respectfully and never spoke down to us while explaining out care plan.
He no longer practices in NYC, but he is WELL worth the trip to Westchester
I cannot remember all of the medications we used
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lopez)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small. The offices and decor feel a bit dated, but are perfectly suitable for the treatment we sought.
On par with other nyc clinics we researched
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
There was some confusion about our prescriptions for the IVF cycle, but we do not place the blame wholly on the clinic. It can get confusing- we didn't have insurance coverage so we priced out medications from several local pharmacies so a few phone calls got lost in the shuffle. After we were done cycling, the billing department failed to update our address in their system so we had to communicate back and forth a few times to set things straight.

2014, Unsuccessful
I saw him [Dr. Wang] every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later...He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account...This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news.
This clinic [Sher] was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well...[Nurse] Leslie was amazing to deal with. She was thorough and was on top of everything. She was super nice as well and emailed me back in a timely manner...They were very accommodating with monitoring...I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
This doctor is very easy to talk to and answers his emails within a few hours. He is very compassionate and caring. He listens to you and takes your ideas into account. My first IVF with him resulted in 36 eggs and 22 embryos that ALL arrested on day 3. It was a complete shock that not even one made it to blastocyst. He called me himself with this news and stayed on the phone with me as long as I needed him to. We did another IVF with him in which I also produced 36 eggs and 22 embryos. He called saying they werent looking good on day 3 and I begged if I can come in and transfer 2 to see if maybe they would survive better inside me than in a petrie dish. He agreed. This ended up being a chemical pregnancy. All my other embryos did arrest. This dr was very sensitive when delivering such delicate news. He even admitted to try another clinic to see how my embryos would grow there. Its been 4 years since being treated by him and we still keep in contact. He is a very honest and kind dr. I wish it would have worked out by him.
My advice is that he is a really kind and caring doctor. He is on top of it all and will deliver news to you personally. You will have a human experience here.
I felt like a human with this dr because I saw him every time I came into the clinic. He was super involved and I was able to email him anytime I wanted in which he would answer within a few hours. He was very caring and compassionate. I did not have success with him and he still emailed me to see how I am doing years later. I sometimes email him with ideas that my new drs have and he always gives me his advice.
My first IVF we used gonal F in varying amounts, menopur, and ganirelix and triggered with HCG. This resulted in 36 eggs, 22 embryos, and they all arrested by day 3. I also had slight OHSS from this cycle. I did another IVF with him and we changed the protocol. I was on BCP for 3 weeks before stims, lupron, gonal F, menopur, and ganirelix. We had 36 eggs, 22 embryos and transferred 2 embryos on day 3 since the dr called saying all the embryos weren't looking good. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy and had VERY bad hyperstimulation and was bedridden for a few weeks. This doctor believed that maybe my husbands balanced translocation caused this (later we tested some of the dead embryos and they were normal so this was not the reason) or that my embryos did not like their lab. He also suggested doing a day 1 or 2 transfer. Ultimately he suggested trying RMA since their lab protocol is difference there.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This clinic was overall really good. I had a good experience with everyone here even though I had 2 failed IVFs. They are communicative and pretty organized as well. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
They were very accommodating with monitoring. Dr. Wang often came in 10 minutes earlier to see me so that I would not be late to work since I worked over an hour away.
I dealt with Jessica at billing and she was very easy to work with. We did 2 IVF egg retrievals here and one fresh transfer. We also paid to get embryos tested. My medications at the time were partially covered by insurance. I believe we spent around $30,000.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
My only criticism was that I had OHSS during my second IVF there and I wish my dr would have lowered my stimulation doses to avoid this or use a dual trigger.

2013 - 2014, Successful
There aren't enough words in the English language to cover my admiration, appreciation, and respect for Dr. Wang. He kept us involved in the process, answered emails at all hours, was open to our ideas, and fully made it a "team" effort. He grieved our setbacks with us and plotted a new course, and celebrated our victories, including the birth of our child, with us.
He [Dr Jeffrey Wang] retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist [at Sher Fertility of New York] spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Run, don't walk, to see him.
He has the best bedside manner of any doctor. I've never felt like someone cared as much about us or fought as hard for us. He kept us informed and gave us a voice. Infertility sucks, but he, and the baby he and his team are responsible for creating, were the good things to come out of the process.
We dealt with severe MFI, so he coordinated with my husband's urologist to time my egg retrieval with his surgery. He monitored me closely to keep my on schedule, and it worked perfectly. He retrieved a significant amount of eggs, and his amazing embyrologist spent 9 hours, until late in the evening, going through the surgical samples to inject the sperm into my eggs. After our fresh transfer resulted in a negative test, he suggested some tests just to be safe (since the frozen embryos were my husband's only chance for a biological child). He did an endometrial function test, and found an issue. I did 3 months of depot lupron to reset my system, and then prepared for an FET. That FET was successful. His treatment was such that, even if it hadn't worked, I never would have wondered "what if," which was a huge gift.
Some nurses were fantastic, some were not as organized, and one was cold and never smiled.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's the opposite of a factory.
We had insurance coverage, so I can't comment beyond saying that the staff was very helpful in dealing with my insurance, despite the insurance company's hard work to make things as difficult as possible.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
There was a minor discrepancy in my calendar that was cleared up in a single email.
2014, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Tortoriello] isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs... He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch...I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
[Sher Fertility is] Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results...Everyone was great at drawing blood quickly and neatly. All were very kind and friendly...I went to the Westchester office for a Beta test one time on a Friday, and the results came in but there was a communication error between the two clinics and I didn’t get my results until the following Tuesday. I ended up staying on progesterone unnecessarily for three extra days. It was very stressful.
Dr. T is great! He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch.
Make sure you ask questions. He will answer, but isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs.
Sheri was a small facility. I never waited very long, and it always felt comfortable in the waiting room. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I always felt like I was in good hands.
We did Femara IUI. I am an SMC and didn’t have any proven infertility at the time, so we started slow. I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results. This place is terrific.
I had insurance, so I just paid copays.

2014, Successful
He was always there for me whether it would be through via cell phone text or email. Any questions day or night he was there to answer my call... And every appointment I always saw him. I was never put with another doctor.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Consult with him we knew right away that he was the doctor that we want to go it was extremely thorough but the same time very warm and kind And every appointment I always saw him. I was never put with another doctor.
You won't go wrong if you choose him! He will get you pregnant
He has the best bedside manner ever! He was always there for me whether it would be through via cell phone text or email. Any questions day or night he was there to answer my call. He's always warm and kind we see him and always remember the last conversation you had with him.
The first time we went to do a retrieval I was unable to do it because I ate the morning of. I was extremely distraught the nurses were there to help ease my pain. And every single appointment there always very caring. The day we found out that we were pregnant when we came in all the nurses were so excited for us and hugged us.
2014, Successful
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative...He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. Wang was the kindest, most compassionate doctor I've ever been to. He was realistic without being negative. He actually made me feel as if he appreciated me as a patient and as a person; Dr. Wang almost made going through IVF pleasant!
Don't be afraid to ask questions since Dr. Wang will answer any questions you have and never make you feel bad for asking them.
Dr. Wang was incredibly kind and his communication skills were excellent. He was always available by email and would respond quickly even on weekends and during odd hours.
Can't think of anything.

2008 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew. Tortoriello] is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice...He would answer all questions calmly and completely in person, on the phone, by email and on the webboard...He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking.
The 2 cycle plan [at Sher Fertility of New York] I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic...Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff...Clinic has good doctors and good office and flexible cycle dates as well as individual cycle dates. We did not normally wait a great amount of time. I think a handful of times we had to wait because there was an emergency or doctor had to be somewhere else that ran late but the vast majority of the time it was very good.
He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking. We were given a less than 5% chance that they would both take and of course they both did. Now after PGD screening of the embryos and >$100,000 spent and 7 miserable years trying to build a family destroying my wifes body we have our first child and the twins with the boy twin being terribly sick with a very rare genetic mutation called CTNNB1 Haploinsufficiency that essentially means severe mental retardation and severe Cerebral palsy. SO we in essence gave up the best years of our lives to create a sick child that will drain us financially and emotionally for the rest of our lives- not to mention how it will mess up our children.
He is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice
Standard cycle medications and treatment were used though the ONLY success we had was after doing FROZEN transfers BOTH times. The second time my wife was given hormones to shut her reproductive system down for 3 months prior to the frozen transfer to get her ready and it worked--- A little too well it turns out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
the 2 cycle plan I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic
2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew Tortoriello] combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
The clinic manager [at Sher Fertility of New York] is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better...Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The whole pharmacy thing is complicated. Easy to make mistakes. Employers now are cracking down so can't use the usual fertility or compounding pharmacies that Sher is used to using.