Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
555 N. New Ballas Rd
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine) to a friend?

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
It [SIRM St Louis] is newly renovated and easy to find. They just added a third doctor to their practice. At this time they do batched IVF cycles, which is both good and bad. I'd love to see them stop that and do the IVF based on where their patient is in their cycle...The nursing team work together to make sure your needs are met. You are assigned a specific nurse, and she is the one who makes your schedule and fields the majority of your questions. But almost every nurse there knows me by name and can answer any question I have regarding my treatment if my nurse is not available.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
This clinic has some of the best doctors around. It is newly renovated and easy to find. They just added a third doctor to their practice. At this time they do batched IVF cycles, which is both good and bad. I'd love to see them stop that and do the IVF based on where their patient is in their cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Molina Dayal at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Dayal always greeted me by name. She would ask questions that were more than just a "how are you doing?" nature to really get to know you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amy Albertson)
How was your experience with Molina Dayal at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr. Dayal has always been very straight forward with us. She tells us what treatment options are best for our situation. When a cycle failed, she changed things up so things looked different the next time. She genuinely cares about me as a patient and always weighs the risks and benefits of each treatment option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Molina Dayal at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Be prepared to never want to see another doctor again! Dr. Dayal will warm your heart and give you confidence that you'll walk out of that office pregnant.
Describe the protocols Molina Dayal used in your cycles at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
We attempted a timed intercourse cycle with a low dosage of stimulation drugs. I have a high number of eggs so she wanted to start with a low dose so as not to overstimulate me. That cycle was unsuccessful, but it did give Dr. Dayal an idea on how my body would react to a full stim IVF cycle. We moved straight forward with IVF, choosing the skip IUI as the issue was annovulation, not a sperm issue. She monitored me very closely as I did produce a very high quantity of eggs. Due to the large number of eggs we had to freeze all of our embryos and do a frozen cycle. Our first frozen cycle failed. After that cycle Dr. Dayal added on a bag of intralipids and had us do an ERA to determine our optimum window for implantation. Our second cycle also failed, and I will be speaking with Dr. Dayal tomorrow on what we can change for our next cycle to try to be successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Molina Dayal at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
I do not remember the costs. I know that my insurance did cover 85% of the total costs of treatment.
Describe Molina Dayal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
Dr. Dayal did recommend only transferring one embryo because of my younger age. She told us that transferring two embryos doesn't really increase your chance of getting pregnant, just your chance of having multiples.
Creve Coeur

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Molina Dayal at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).

Anovulation, Unexplained
The IUI’s [at SIRM St Louis] were out of pocket for us and were $1000...have called several times to ask about my bills or appointment times and they never make me feel like I’m wasting their time, even though I know how busy they are. The office staff is literally the most incredible staff I have ever dealt with...They [nurses] are always on time and organized. They always remember me and ask about me and how work is going. They spend a lot of time in the room with me and answer any and all questions I have. They always have a smile of their faces and make me feel so comfortable. Working as a nurse myself I know how important it is that your patients feel comfortable with you and I feel that 100%
Anovulation, Unexplained
The clinic is very clean and organized. They just remolded and have a very updated look and feel to it. They are amazing at communicating. They call just to make sure you know what office your going to or just anything little like that. I have called several times to ask about my bills or appointment times and they never make me feel like I’m wasting their time, even though I know how busy they are. The office staff is literally the most incredible staff I have ever dealt with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Witten at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
He has been very compassionate and understanding of my feelings. He takes the time to talk and listen. He listens and responds to all of my concerns, and since I work in healthcare, I feel that I probably have a lot more concerns than others.
The overall nursing staff is amazing. I have dealt with mostly the same two but throughout my visits have dealt with all. They are always on time and organized. They always remember me and ask about me and how work is going. They spend a lot of time in the room with me and answer any and all questions I have. They always have a smile of their faces and make me feel so comfortable. Working as a nurse myself I know how important it is that your patients feel comfortable with you and I feel that 100%
How was your experience with Barry Witten at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
I have had over 20 visits to this clinic and have seen Dr. Witten every single time besides once, when he was out of town. I have several friends who see different fertility Dr.’s and none of them have actually gotten to see they doctor as much as I’ve seen him. I feel like that says a lot about the care he provides his patients. He is always on board with any new idea I have or something new to try. He spends so much time with me each appointment and I never feel like he’s rushing to see the next patient. He’s also always been on time and I’ve never had to wait past my appointment time to see him. He has also done very cool things like let me see the sperm sample through the microscope so I am convinced that my husbands sperm are swimming correctly! Being able to do that was beyond one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen a doctor do for a patient and I’m a nurse and work with doctors on a daily basis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Witten at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Let him know everything about how your feeling or any issues you have with anything. He’s a very good listener and always wants to know how you’re feeling throughout each cycle. Be very open to him about your feelings.
Describe the protocols Barry Witten used in your cycles at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
Every cycle I have a baseline ultrasound to check for cysts, then I start my (cycles with IUI’s was 5 mg) 7.5 mg of femara on cycle days 3-7. I come back around cycle day 11 or 12 or another ultrasound to see how my follicles are responding. He has always been the one that does my ultrasounds. We have previously done 3 IUI’s three months in a row with no positive results. However, I did handle those cycles just fine with no issues. Before the first IUI he checked my cervical mucus to check for sperm. He was not able to find any so we thought IUI should work. Since the failed IUI’s he upped my dosage from 5mg to 7.5 to allow more eggs to produce to see if that would help. Before I was producing one egg each time. I also give myself a trigger shot every cycle with or without doing the IUI’s. Unfortunately I have not received a positive test from any cycles yet. This cycle we are currently on he’s checking my ph and we are trying a baking soda douche the night before I ovulate. He checked my cervical mucus again this cycle and there was living sperm in it which is better than when he checked before.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Witten at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
The IUI’s were out of pocket for us and were $1000. Femara and trigger shots are also out of pocket but they providing me with the cheapest pharmacies for me to get them through. All of the ultrasounds were run through insurance and we covered the rest out of pocket. Roughly around $250 per month.
Creve Coeur

We really like this clinic [Sher Fertiltiy of St. Louis]. Appointments are relatively easy to get at the time you want and I never have to wait long to be seen. Parking is also free :) Everyone knows our names and always greet us when we come in. They also have blood draws on site so you don’t have to go to an outside lab...Holly and Jamie [nurses] are great! They are very efficient during appointments and quick to respond to messages...My first prescription from this clinic was mistakenly not called in. The pharmacy was able to get a hold of the nurse at home and I was able to get my prescription.
We really like this clinic. Appointments are relatively easy to get at the time you want and I never have to wait long to be seen. Parking is also free :) Everyone knows our names and always greet us when we come in. They also have blood draws on site so you don’t have to go to an outside lab.
Dr. Witten may be a little blunt and no-nonsense, but he definitely treats his patients well. He has called me personally to make sure I understood everything and always seems disappointed when a treatment fails.
Holly and Jamie are great! They are very efficient during appointments and quick to respond to messages.
What specific things went wrong at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
We came to Sher and Dr. Witten after a bad experience elsewhere. He is very thorough and really took the time to run every test and go through every potential obstacle before recommending treatment. We started with Femera and Ovidrel and moved on to IUI. We’re perfect on paper, but just can’t get pregnant. Dr. Witten saw a fibroid, but performed a test that showed it was not inside the wall and decided it was not an issue. After a 2nd failed IUI we went in to discuss moving to IVF. Instead of just taking our money and starting IVF, he referred us to a surgeon to remove the fibroid. He didn’t want any obstacles when we finally start treatment. This will delay our treatment 3 months, but we will at least know that we did everything possible. We feel that he genuinely cares about us and our outcome and we continue to trust his treatment plan.
He is very sweet, but no-nonsense in his approach. Sometimes he can be very direct. My advice would be to ask as many questions as it takes so you understand exactly what is happening.
We started with Femera and the trigger shot with timed intercourse for several months. We did our first IUI, went back to Femera during the holidays and did a 2nd IUI two months later. He performed many tests including HSG and a saline ultrasound. Most recently we have been referred to a surgeon for fibroid removal. The surgeon seems to think this could be causing our issues. We will resume treatment with Dr. Witten after recovery.
IUI cost 1,000, but ultrasounds are included
Creve Coeur

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barry Witten at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Nurse Tayon [at SIRM STL] is great to work with. I definitely feel comfortable asking her any questions I have and she is always quick to respond. When she went on maternity leave Merry Kay took over as my nurse and she was equally as great. I feel like I always get the information I need. If I have concerns or inquiries about our cycle she is always willing to listen and ask Dr. Dayal if needed.... Overall the clinic is great. The best care I have ever received. When we first started their financial adviser for patients was hard to get a hold of and seemed very unorganized but she is no longer at the clinic. Everyone is so friendly, accommodating, and I love that I never feel rushed.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
The entire staff at SIRM is incredible and they always know exactly who I am, the laugh with me, joke with me; which makes the overall experience much more positive. Dr. Dayal is highly involved in my care and I see her every appointment I have which I really appreciate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amanda Tayon)
Nurse Tayon is great to work with. I definitely feel comfortable asking her any questions I have and she is always quick to respond. When she went on maternity leave Merry Kay took over as my nurse and she was equally as great. I feel like I always get the information I need. If I have concerns or inquiries about our cycle she is always willing to listen and ask Dr. Dayal if needed.
The thing I love the most about working with Dr. Dayal is I feel like we're part of a team. I can always ask her questions, mention concerns, and we work on a plan together. I never feel rushed with her in my appointments, even when I have a ton of questions. With both of my losses Dr. Dayal was incredibly compassionate and when I was ready mentioned procedures/tests we might consider to get to the bottom of the issue.
Ask all the questions you have. It isn't a reflection on Dr. Dayal or her staff because they are great with communication, more being your own advocate and not being afraid to ask any and all questions.
The first IVF cycle I did with Dr. Dayal was canceled. We had agreed to do a low dosage protocol and my follicles simply stopped growing at the mid-way point. Dr. Dayal suggested a low dose protocol because she was worried about hyper-stimulation due to my PCOS. We tried to work with the cycle but it just wasn't working so we wound up canceling it. Our second IVF we did complete and did a freeze all instead of doing a fresh transfer. We used a "middle of the road" dose protocol and it worked perfectly. She was still worried about hyper-stimulation and warned me if this occurred we would have to do a freeze all. While I didn't hyper-stimulate I did have a rough recovery with egg retrieval due to past abdominal surgeries, completed unrelated to Dr. Dayal, and we wound up having to do a freeze all anyway. With each of our 3 frozen embryo transfers (FETs) we used the same protocol because even though the first one was unsuccessful with a negative beta, my body responded exactly as wanted to the medication protocol. My 2nd and 3rd FETs resulted in positive betas but ended in miscarriage, both at 5 weeks 1 day. After learning this Dr. Dayal highly recommended doing an ERA test to make sure we were transferring on the right day.
I don't specifically remember costs because my Husband and I are very lucky to have health insurance that helps with infertility treatments. However, they do use an anesthesiologist who does not accept insurance and their cash/check payment cost is $500 which is due at time of service.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My experiences with the clinic [Sher-STL] have been the only thing that has not been great about the process. Everyone is VERY warm and friendly, and a lot of the staff gets to know you personally, but they honestly can be a bit disorganized at times. Nothing major so far, but things like calling to cancel/reschedule an appointment and it not getting noted. Sometimes I feel like I am responsible for reminding them of details that I think the should have recorded. Like I said, not horrible! But there have been a few moments.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My experiences with the clinic have been the only thing that has not been great about the process. Everyone is VERY warm and friendly, and a lot of the staff gets to know you personally, but they honestly can be a bit disorganized at times. Nothing major so far, but things like calling to cancel/reschedule an appointment and it not getting noted. Sometimes I feel like I am responsible for reminding them of details that I think the should have recorded. Like I said, not horrible! But there have been a few moments.
Dr. Dayal is very warm and compassionate. She remembers details about you when you visit (both medical and personal). While we were seeking a second opinion before doing IVF she called to get a check-up on our progress. Although she will give her medical opinion and guidance, she is 100% supportive of OUR decisions through the process. She treats us as intellectuals and explains ideas that need elaboration, but doesn't overexplain ideas that we've "got." She has never once rushed an appointment with us. She has made it clear that us having a successful pregnancy is her priority.
We've only met with Amy once so far (just starting out) but she seems kind, competent, and organized. I am relieved that she is our nurse.
Is it possible for a doctor to be too kind? I am struggling to come up with anything except that maybe at times I wish she was a little more forceful with her advice (ok, not really). But we may have made some different decisions to move quicker if she had guided us to. So have an idea of what your goals are when meeting with her.
If I remember correctly, IUIs were somewhere around $1,000 a piece (roughly), and we've been quoted about $10,000 for the first round of egg retrieval, $5,000 if we have to do a second round, $3,000-6,000 for meds (ours is $4,250), $450 for anesthetic, and approximately $5,000 for transfers.
We have not yet gone through the process of IVF, but in our preliminary discussions, she has mentioned the odds of success for single vs. multiple and does seem to have a medical bias towards single. It seems like she would allow us to do two if we chose two, but she is definitely recommending one (which we will likely follow!)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everyone in the clinic [SIRM St. Louis] was super helpful and supportive. We felt like they were all rooting us on which was great to have such a wonderful support team in people we had only met a couple months earlier.... Our nurse coordinator was AMAZING! If I had any questions or concerns I could email or call her and she would get back to me right away. She never made me feel like I was nuisance or that I asked too many questions.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everyone in the clinic was super helpful and supportive. We felt like they were all rooting us on which was great to have such a wonderful support team in people we had only met a couple months earlier.
Dr. Witten and his staff treated us like family. He made us feel super comfortable through out the process. We knew that he would always be honest with us even if it was something we didn't want to hear. I appreciated how he delivered any road blocks. He'd present it in a delicate way with solutions to follow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Witten. He was very thorough in explaining the process. He was great about changing our course of treatment as needed as different issues came up with my endo. I had an endometrioma pop up during the time I was getting shots. He decided he would do the egg retrieval but may need to delay the transfer for me to have surgery to remove the endometrioma. He knew how upset this made me as I had already had 2 laparoscopic surgeries that year to remove the endo. He wanted to do everything he could to avoid me having another surgery for the year. As he did my egg retrieval he was able to rupture the endometrioma so we could complete transfer right away!
Do EVERYTHING by the book. They lay out everything you need to know and do to achieve best results. Even though it may be hard or inconvenient it pays off.
Due to my diagnosis of endometriosis and low ovarian reserve, we used a higher dose of the follistim. During my treatment, an endometrioma began growing again. It caused a lot of discomfort as my ovaries were very enlarged from the meds. After retrieval I began to feel much better after about a week. My ovaries were going back to normal and Dr. Witten ruptured my endometrioma during retrieval. Because of the aggressive nature of my endometriosis, Dr. Witten recommended transferring 2 embryos. We now have 8 month old boy/girl twins!!
The cost was between $10,000-$15,000
Describe Barry Witten's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
My husband and I completely trusted Dr. Witten's advice on how many embryos to transfer. He recommended we transfer 2 due to the aggressive nature of my endometriosis. We understood the risks involved with multiples and decided to take his advice. We are very glad we did.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They [Sher Fertility of St. Louis] did not offer late appointments available for those of us that work. Latest appointments were 3pm. When you live 60 miles away and work, it made it very frustrating for my employer to work around this doctor's schedule. The receptionist was very loud when talking about my appointment when I would arrive. Which I found very embarrassing.... There were so many nurses running around. I had a different nurse at every appointment...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They did not offer late appointments available for those of us that work. Latest appointments were 3pm. When you live 60 miles away and work, it made it very frustrating for my employer to work around this doctor's schedule. The receptionist was very loud when talking about my appointment when I would arrive. Which I found very embarrassing. She was also very loud when asking for my payment at each appointment. Anyone sitting in the waiting room could hear the receptionist utter things like, 'So, we need your full payment for your 'IUI' or 'oh, you are here for your vaginal ultrasound?'. That's jus awful to blurt it all out right there. She never seemed to know what was going on and everytime Dr. Witten would tell me to schedule another appointment she had to ask me what it was for. I would think most places would just read the chart and make the appointment without asking 20 personal questions in the reception lobby for all to hear. Also, the clinic is extremely busy. Nurses speed walking everywhere, seems disorganized, phones ringing and only one person answering. Hard to get anyone's attention...
I usually was made to feel like a human being. There were times he was busy and I felt somewhat rushed but that was not the norm.
There were so many nurses running around. I had a different nurse at every appointment, especially once he permanently moved his office to Sher Institute. I had no idea who was coming and going in my room.
The right Reproductive Endocrinologist for you can be the difference between success or heartache. Therefore, I want my review to be as honest as possible so others can make an educated choice. My experience with Dr. Witten spans about a 2 year time frame and if I had to do it all over again, I would most definitely choose a different RE. We were struggling to conceive so I was instructed to see a RE by my Ob-Gyn. She gave me a list of RE's that came recommended but I settled on Dr. Witten, who was not on her list. We wanted to be seen by an older RE, thinking his years of experience would be an advantage. Under Dr. Witten's care, I received an HSG, which revealed one of my fallopian tubes was not spilling any dye. Dr. Witten said that he thought the other one was fine He recommended a laparoscopy surgery. Dr. Witten does not do surgery, he did not tell me this, I just figured it out after he advised me to have my Ob-Gyn do the surgery. My Ob-gyn said she preferred him to do the surgery so they went back and forth. I had been complaining for the majority of my life how awful my periods were but no one would ever listen. After 2 months in lingo, Dr. Witten referred me to the gynecological surgeon he apparently sends all of his patients to. So off I went to surgery with a different doctor, who ultimately discovered endometriosis and a damaged tube. He removed the tube and removed the endometriosis and sent me back to Dr. Witten. Dr. Witten continued to monitor me, we'd do ultra-sounds constantly but not much direction was given, other than he kept wanting us to do timed intercourse, which is what we'd been doing for the past 1.5 years with no luck without a RE. I felt like we needed medication but he wouldn't even discuss it. It took so many ultrasounds-2-3x a week, traveling 60 miles one way to his office and leaving work early just to hear the same old spiel. One day, during an ultrasound he mentioned IUI but he said I needed to do it right away because I was about to ovulate. I had not been on any medications but trusted him so I received 1 trigger shot and had an IUI the next day. It failed. I was told at his office that the IUI would cost $525 but once I got to Sher Institute, which is where he does the IUI, they told me the price was $1000. They did honor the original price I was told but informed me any future IUI's would be $1000 a piece. Then the next 2 cycles he put me on clomid, with no pregnancy resulting. He then suggested IVF, which is not in our budget no matter how bad we want to have a child. We were devastated and felt as though he did not give us enough time on medication early on to try an IUI again. He waited over a year to even attempt any medication, even after telling us that we had to rush because I have very low ovarian reserve. We are devastated and haven't been back. We are currently doing research to find a RE that better fits us.
Ask questions and demand answers. Do research before your appointments and ask about medication and treatment options starting with your first appointment and everyone thereafter. I regret that we didn't push harder, wasting valuable egg quality time.
IUI, with 1 trigger shot. Clomid with timed intercourse. His treatments are very reserved, not an aggressive go getter type.
At least $5000, maybe more for just doctor appointments, very little medicine and 1 IUI.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They [nurses at SIRM-STL]never sugar coated which I greatly appreciated. I am a "give it to me straight" and they always did this. I formed relationships with all of the staff and I would get excited to see them during my appointments. I coined MaryKay "my woobie" she was my security blanket and she always made me feel calm and relaxed. Also Jamie was fantastic to my husband and I. She gave me her cell number because I was such a worry wart and would let me text her whenever.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
My biggest complaint would be that it was bought out by Intermed and was ran a little more aggressively when it came to money. This was not anyone at the clinics fault and you would never know they were switched to a more corporate type place.
I knew she was in the trenches with us and wanted us to have a child. She was sympathetic and understanding to our needs. She never made us feel like we were anything but family. I can not speak highly enough about her or her staff. These people created my twins and will forever hold a spot in our hearts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: MaryKay)
Fantastic!! They never sugar coated which I greatly appreciated. I am a "give it to me straight" and they always did this. I formed relationships with all of the staff and I would get excited to see them during my appointments. I coined MaryKay "my woobie" she was my security blanket and she always made me feel calm and relaxed. Also Jamie was fantastic to my husband and I. She gave me her cell number because I was such a worry wart and would let me text her whenever.
Fantastic, compassionate, smart doctor. She would hug you on a bad day and be a cheerleader on a good day. She never made us feel like a patient but more like family. She cared whether we got pregnant or not.
Take each step of the fertility treatment one step at a time. I found it worked best for us by taking each hurdle of this process one at a time versus having everything thrown at you at once. Dr. Dayal always did this for us.
We did interlipid treatments before each transfer. When we had two miscarriages we added longer Interlipid treatments and more meds to ensure a positive test.
I want to say around 10,000.00 for a fresh cycle and 3,500 for a frozen.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
The clinic [SIRM-STL] is great, the appointments have good timing always doing ultra sounds and blood work before 10 am allowing me to get to work no problem.... I've only had one meeting with Amanda [a nurse] (since we just moved onto ivf) but she was extremely organized and prepared. Alerting us of all our choices and answering all of out questions. She presented us with a calendar of medications and other appointments bringing some serious organization and dependency to this chaotic life challenge. She is positive and bubbly which makes a big difference!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
The clinic is great, the appointments have good timing always doing ultra sounds and blood work before 10 am allowing me to get to work no problem. They have been able to answer all of my questions and have also assigned a doctor for my monitoring.
Dr Witten not only ensures timely and personal appointments, but he is committed to explaining the processes to both my husband and I - always ensuring we are both invested.
I've only had one meeting with Amanda (since we just moved onto ivf) but she was extremely organized and prepared. Alerting us of all our choices and answering all of out questions. She presented us with a calendar of medications and other appointments bringing some serious organization and dependency to this chaotic life challenge. She is positive and bubbly which makes a big difference!
Dr Witten is a pleasure to work with through this difficult life journey. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and personal he made this entire process so much better. He is dedicated to ensuring both my husband and I understand every step, but always makes sure we don't get ahead of ourselves. He is a rock during a very difficult time and I would recommend him to anyone.
I have PCOS and annovluation. I was not responding to clomid so he immediately switched me to low dose femara where we had great follicle growth. When he found out we weren't ovulating he adjusted our protocol by adding an hcg trigger shot to force ovulation. He performed all tests to ensure we didn't have any other problems but felt an IUi would still improve our chances of a positive cycle so we proceeded with that. After numerous failed cycles (just not the right genes!) he took us into the next step where we used follistim. He was very in tune with my bodies reactions and while we ultimately had 3 great eggs, none took and I showed signs of OHSS which has led us to begin ivf.
$10,000 is our estimated total cost to date which was composed of co pays, medications not covered by insurance, iui (also not covered by insurance).
Dr Witten is open to a single or double embryo transfer because I am young, have an optimal body weight, and in overall good health. We haven't made our decision yet but he has provided information so we feel very informed
Creve Coeur

They [Sher Fertility] are like family. They knew who we were every time and remembered things we told them. Just made us feel comfortable and relaxed...They are friendly and kind...They all communicate with me, not just my nurse. They all know me and what I'm going through. They have taken great care of us, I couldn't be any more blessed...[The nurse at Sher was] Friendly. Loving. Informative. There whenever I needed her
I love Sher. They are friendly and kind. They greet me just like family when I walk in. They all communicate with me, not just my nurse. They all know me and what I'm going through. They have taken great care of us, I couldn't be any more blessed
They are like family. They knew who we were every time and remembered things we told them. Just made us feel comfortable and relaxed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
Friendly. Loving. Informative. There whenever I needed her
I was so scared and nervous to start the IVF process. As soon as I walked into my first appointment I knew that The Lord put Dr. Witten and his team in my life for a reason. They made me feel comfortable and happy every time I saw them. This is a very hard and long processto go through but I always felt so much better and so hopeful after every appointment. It's like I have a extended family that knows me and greets me like they see me everyday even when I haven't seen them in weeks. I absolutely loved my doctor and am so thankful to have found Dr. Witten and the other ladies at the Sher Institute. They truly have been a blessing to me and my family & have made this process so much easier.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He will tell you everything and anything you want to know.
I started on birth control and Lipton gonal f and menopur for my egg retrieval. My dosage was very low because I'm so young and my body reacted fast and well. I had my egg retrieval and Dr. Witten retrieved 24 eggs. 15 made it to fertilization then we were able to freeze 8 day 5 blastocyst. I was very sore and in pain after my retrieval but Dr. Witten gave me antibiotics and pain meds that helped. I healed for the next month and started back on birth control and now I'm starting my transfer meds. Dexamethazon, Lupron again, Estrace, Prenatals, Folic Acid. My embryo transfer is scheduled for the end of this month. I couldn't be more excited and anxious.
My insurance told us that I was covered until two days before I started medication. We were going to cancel the entire thing but my mom decided to pay it on a credit card. She paid $8,000. Luckily my insurance paid most of my medication fees, we only paid about $200 out of pocket for those and probably less than $500 all together for other tests like bloodwork and ultrasounds. We live 3 hours away from clinic and it's the closest one so we did have to stay in hotels so that is about $500 in hotel costs through the entire process.
I agree with what Dr. Witten wants to do. If he feels like he should just do one I trust him.

Anovulation, Unexplained
They [Sher Fertility of St Louis] are very compassionate and caring. Great communication. Negatives are it's a very very small clinic in a large hospital...[Nurses] they were all very accommodating to my needs and requests. They got back in touch with you very promptly and with the answers you needed...$50 for each visit. $89-110 for each trigger shot About $400 to test for tubal blockage....He [Dr. Witten] is very thorough and wants to make sure his patient understands fully what is happening inside their body.
Anovulation, Unexplained
They are very compassionate and caring. Great communication. Negatives are it's a very very small clinic in a large hospital.
He always remembered my name and the name of others who came with me and the recreational activities I talked about during small talk from the previous visits. He always asked how each of my family members were doing.
They were all very accommodating to my needs and requests. They got back in touch with you very promptly and with the answers you needed.
He is very thorough and wants to make sure his patient understands fully what is happening inside their body. He was always very optimistic and had just a great overall energy about him. He was extra caring and accommodating for different circumstances that arose along the way.
He does have an accent because he is from New Zealand I believe so just keep that in mind. But I don't think it negatively affects his communication.
He wanted to make sure I was ovulating so we started out the first few cycles with just clomid and timed intercourse. Those all resulted in negative pregnancy results, but after the first few cycles of my body not responding, he decided to do a tubal X-ray to make sure my tubes were open. He determined they were open and I was in fact ovulating. So the 4th cycle I was on clomid and timed trigger shot. This was also negative. The next three cycles have been clomid, timed trigger shot, and IUI. The first two resulted in negatives and I am currently in the last cycle in the two week waiting period. If this results in a negative he wants to move on and do other tests and for me to lose weight.
An IUI costs $525 there and it was not covered by our insurance. It could be covered under another's. $50 for each visit. $89-110 for each trigger shot About $400 to test for tubal blockage.

Immunological, Unexplained
It's a smaller office [SIRM-STL] and everyone is so caring. You really feel like you're the only patient. They after hours call back is fast and they answer email on the weekends. A NA, Jamie, at the clinic even started a Facebook group for our clinic as a extra place to get support. They go above and beyond!!... I love that they offer discounts for law enforcement and teachera. I love the small office feel and how quickly you can get an apppintment. I love that Dr Dayal does all the ultrasounds and procedures herself. Sometimes the lady in the finance department can be a bit harsh. I also wish we could get bloodwork done in the office
Immunological, Unexplained
Dr. Fatal suffers from infertility herself so that alone ups the "human factor." She's so thorough and body language and communication skills truly make you feel like you are her only patient for the whole day. There is no rushed feeling.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amy)
It's a smaller office and everyone is so caring. You really feel like you're the only patient. They after hours call back is fast and they answer email on the weekends. A NA, Jamie, at the clinic even started a Facebook group for our clinic as a extra place to get support. They go above and beyond!!
It sounds cliche, but you can just tell she wants the best for you. She's quiet and thorough without being worrisome. She's open to input on cycles from her patients and makes sure everyone in on the same page at each step in the process. I never left confused or frsutrated; she talked through every step.
Sit down and talk with her! Ask questions and get her opinion.
Before we started out FET ahe redid most testing which I appreciated. She redid the saline sonogram, blood Work, and did a new test for natural killer cells. Based on results I had polyps removed again, did intralipids, baby asprin, lovonox, etc. We ended up having to move to a fresh cycle and based on previous success and test results we did a micro-ivf cycle. We did lower doses of meds gonal-f and menopur.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
Everyone had an appointment and everything was quick and on time!
With the discount for teachers, our FET was $2995. Our mini was $7995 (plus meds). Our next cycle, without help, is about $9000
I appreciated that a 5dt of 2 embryos was pretty much a given!

2013 - 2017
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
MerryKay is our primary nurse [at Sher Fertility] and she has always shown compassion during our cycles. Recently with finally coming to the terms of making the decision to use donor eggs, she us been nothing short of excellent in helping us and making us feel comfortable!...They will give you a package price, you pay a deposit to hold your place for the cycle...The whole SIRM -St. Louis staff is amazing, they ask about how you are doing personally.
2013 - 2017
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I truly love this clinic. I have been tonothers and here is where we have felt the most comfortable and actually like they care about us, from the receptionists all the way to the Dr!
The whole SIRM -St. Louis staff is amazing, they ask about how you are doing personally. Dr. Dayal takes the time to sit and talk to you before your appointment. Very personable!
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: MerryKay)
MerryKay is our primary nurse and she has always shown compassion during our cycles. Recently with finally coming to the terms of making the decision to use donor eggs, she us been nothing short of excellent in helping us and making us feel comfortable!
I feel like Dr. Dayal takes the time to get to know my husband and I and really cares about us and wants to do whatever she can to help us succeed in becoming parents. She is very knowledgeable, but also takes our ideas and feelings into consideration. She will always do what is best for us!
Listen to her! She is very knowledgeable and she herself has been through Infertility.
My first protocol with Dr. Dayal was very aggressive, inhave endo, adeno, fibroids, blocked tubes & DOR, so she went aggressive. Unfortunately there were only 2 eggs not even mature enough to retrieve. Our cycle was cancelled. We tried again, she went with a different protocol of low and slow and we ended up getting 5 eggs, but only 4 mature and fertilized. Day 5 nothing good enough to transfer and they said we could wait one more day. They called and our one little fighter had gone to a pre blast, so we got to transfer! Thought it was our miracle, but again ended in a negative outcome. We now are currently in the process of a Donor cycle that we will hopefully be retrieving in June!
I have never had this option

2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
PGS testing [at Sher Institute]. Its 1625 for biopsy and freezing, 385 for the first embryo and 250 for every embryo after that...The fresh retrieval and transfer was 8284, plus anesthesia, plus freezing, plus meds. The FET normally is 3700...My husband was scheduled for a semen analysis outside their normal time but they accommodated his schedule due to traveling through the area. But they forgot to put him on the schedule. They still fit him in though
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
The staff is their biggest strength. They all are wonderful and very friendly. Weaknesses are that they are so busy that they sometimes seem very rushed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
When i had the phone consultation we spent the first 20 minutes talking about life. She was asking qurstions about me, not just my medical histoey. The first time I met her she gave me a huge hug. At my second appt I bawled my eyes out while she hugged me because I had gotten upsetting news about a family member. The next time I came in she had gotten a card and had the staff sign it. She texts me to make sure I'm doing ok too.
Everyone is very sweet and caring. My nurse wasn't always that responsive. I sent her an email while she was on vacation and it wasn't all an urgent matter (the part that was I just text dr zarek). So I waited to hear from her. It's been over a week since she got back and I still haven't heard from except that she sent me my paperwork for my fet.
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Dr Zarek is amazing. She genuinely cares about her patients. She always asked me questions to really make sure I was doing ok and how my husband and I were doing. Very personal care. You can really feel that she wants you to have a successful cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine)?
Ask her questions about anything and everything. Utilize her helpfulness. Be prepared to have hard conversations. She is up front and honest about every possibility.
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
I started with lupron and prednisone. Then swapped lupron for Ganirelix. The day I started stims I added folic acid, 450 follistim (for just 2 days then 300 after that), lovenox and kept Ganirelix and prednisone. On day 3 of stims I added .5ml of menopur. I was on all of that until trigger. The day of my first ultrasound I also had 1 bag of intralipids.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shvetha Zarek at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
The fresh retrieval and transfer was 8284, plus anesthesia, plus freezing, plus meds. The FET normally is 3700 but because a freeze all was medically necessary and I did not have a transfer with my paid cycle they are not charing me. We also added PGS testing. Its 1625 for biopsy and freezing, 385 for the first embryo and 250 for every embryo after that.
Describe Shvetha Zarek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).
My dr was very straight forward ND said she usually only ever recommends 1 embryo. That way if it doesn't work you have the most chances to do everything you can. I.e. adding meds, changing meds,doing an era test, etc.
Creve Coeur

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shvetha Zarek at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine).

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
We feel so at ease and welcome when we go in [to Sher Fertility] for appointments. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor are so friendly and call you by name. You never have to wait for an appointment like at some offices, and our very first appointment Dr Zarek came to the waiting room herself to take us to her office. That is true customer service...Merry Kay [nurse] was so warm and compassionate. She further explained what we would be going through and how the process works. She's called promptly with lab results, and really took the time to listen to us. My husband and I are both nurses ourselves, but this is new territory for us and we were glad to have her as our nurse.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
This clinic is amazing g. This is our 2nd fertility clinic, and compared to the last one, we are over the moon happy with our plan to have a baby. We feel so at ease and welcome when we go in for appointments. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor are so friendly and call you by name. You never have to wait for an appointment like at some offices, and our very first appointment Dr Zarek came to the waiting room herself to take us to her office. That is true customer service.
Dr Zarek sat down with my husband and I and went in depth with us about our history, our previous fertility treatments, and our options and plan for further treatment under her care. We never felt like a burden, or that she wasn't interested. She is warm and has a positive outlook for our care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Merry Kay )
Merry Kay was so warm and compassionate. She further explained what we would be going through and how the process works. She's called promptly with lab results, and really took the time to listen to us. My husband and I are both nurses ourselves, but this is new territory for us and we were glad to have her as our nurse.
Dr Zarek went over every past treatment with our previous doctor and she went in depth as to what treatments we would be doing under hercare, what tests we'd undergo, how the process goes for an IVF cycle, we met with her nurse and the financial coordinator all in our initial appointment with her so we knew what to expect. She's warm and friendly and has an amazing bedside manner. After my unsuccessful HSG, and very painful fluid US, she hugged me and told me it will be ok, we will be successful. She told me to be positive, even after finding out my tubes are closed. She has such faith in what she does, plus her success in the past truly speaks for itself.
I've had no negative experience under her care, so I'd say my advice would be to expect to sit down for a lengthy meeting with her and it's not a fast process, it takes time to get your plan together.
Currently, she is treating me for critically low Vit D levels and I'm taking 50,000 Units once a week, also my thyroid is low so I'm on 75 mcg Synthroid once a day. We are finishing up initial testing so we can start an IVF cycle in July. We just found out that my tubes are closed, so my only option to ever carry my own child is via IVF. So we will start further meds in a couple months.
As of currently, we've paid $50 per appointment under our insurance and we've went to facilities appropriate for our labs and HSG testing, meaning no out of pocket costs yet. As far as IVF costs, we will have $4000 lifetime covered by insurance and we will put $4000 down as deposit, with the rest of costs to be discussed as we go through the process.
We have not done this yet, however, she does prefer to only transfer 1 embryo the first try, but will transfer 2 if we desire, but no more than that.
Creve Coeur

The clinic [Sher Fertility of St. Louis] is very organized and good with time management when dealing with patients. They take the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what is going on. I would highly recommend anyone to use this clinic!... Amy is very down to earth and welcomes any questions you have. All of the nursing staff are very helpful and more than willing to help in any way possible.
The clinic is very organized and good with time management when dealing with patients. They take the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what is going on. I would highly recommend anyone to use this clinic!
Dr. Dayal is very personable and easy to relate to. She takes the time to explain everything in terms you can understand and takes the time to answer any questions you have.
Dr. Dayal is so compassionate and personable. She seems more like a friend and someone you can confide in than a doctor. Dr. Dayal is truthful and won't steer you in the wrong direction. You always feel like she has your best interest at heart. Our first round with IVF, our embryos were not viable enough to transfer. Of course this is heartbreaking but she called a few days later to check on us and wanted us to know that she was thinking about us and wanted to go over everything. Then, on our second round, right be our transfer she hopped up on the bed next to me and asked how I was feeling and discussed the transfer before going into the operating room. I love that she is so relate-able!
Trust in Dr. Dayal! She is truthful and will give you great advise. She will treat your issues with the best of her abilities.
I was on various injections and oral medications. The progesterone in oil injections were the worst because they burned horribly because the shot is like a jelly substance. On our second cycle, Dr. Dayal increased my dosages of Follistim and added another medication to hopefully get more eggs, which it did.
Our medical bills with Dr. Dayal were probably around $3,000 to $4,000 with our insurance paying the majority of our bills. Our major costs were the medications. We probably spent around $7,000 total for our two cycles.
Dr. Dayal did inform us of the pros versus cons on a single versus a multiple embryo transfer. She gave us her opinion and we made a decision to go with her educated opinion.
Creve Coeur

They [the nurses at Sher Fertility] always called with results as soon as they got them from the lab. Always answered emails or messages I left if I had issues or questions quickly. Only bad thing was our nurse/case coordinator moved away so we were left in limbo for a little bit without a direct point of contact...Sometimes the front desk staff didn't answer the phone and would have to leave a VM which could get annoying. The staff was always very nice and helpful wether it's the front desk, insurance ladies or the embryologist (first babysitter).
When we came in for our first meeting with her she spent a long time with us and went over everything including what haooens to your eggs over your lifetime. Our previous infertility doctor would only spend 5 minutes with us and let his staff do everything else.
They always called with results as soon as they got them from the lab. Always answered emails or messages I left if I had issues or questions quickly. Only bad thing was our nurse/case coordinator moved away so we were left in limbo for a little bit without a direct point of contact.
Dr Dayal was very compassionate and had great bedside manner. She always explained everything in great detail. Spent an hour with us on our first consult visit. We conceived on our 3 IVF try and we never felt like just another statistic with her like with other clinics we had used.
Ask questions if you don't understand a procedure or the course of treatment. She is great about explaining everything.
Dr Dayal had us try ourselves first with just meds since the success rate was similar with IUI and waiting on insurance. That was not successful. We then moved to IVF due to my age and history and my husband's sperm issues. First time was a lower protocol to see how my body reacted to it. It did not succeed. We then moved to a very high protocol since we didn't get very many eggs at all with low one. 2nd time we did not succeed either due to egg quality. 3rd time we tried with high protocol, acupuncture, and reduced stressed and we where successful. Dr Dayal did suggest acupuncture and that my stress levels were to high.
Since we lived over 90 mins away I liked to be there first thing in the morning and they almost always got me in then. It never felt like a "cattle call".
I have insurance which covered most of my treatment. Still waiting to figure out my out of pockets/deductibles from insurance.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
The office staff [at Sher-STL] is great, hey answer calls quickly and efficiently. Emails are returned quickly as well. Wait times are minimal and appts are not hard to coordinate. Everyone was friendly and treated us like family. It always gelt like they genuinely cared about our cycles. It's also very clean.... Amy was our nurse and Jamie our Care Coordinator. Both had excellent bedside manner. Amy was knowledgeable and explained things in terms we could understand. Jamie helped keep us on track and plan our schedule. She is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable when going through such a scary process. Both were easy to get in contact with even after hours/weekends
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
The office staff is great, hey answer calls quickly and efficiently. Emails are returned quickly as well. Wait times are minimal and appts are not hard to coordinate. Everyone was friendly and treated us like family. It always gelt like they genuinely cared about our cycles. It's also very clean.
Dr Dayal talks to you in a friendly manner and seems to want to know your story. She remembers you and isn't just "reading from your chart". She is genuinely happy when you get good news and sad when you don't
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amy/Jamie )
I can not say enough good about Dr Dayal. She is not only knowledgeable about infertility and treatments but she treats you like family. They're up to date on new options and willing to dig deeper to find a treatment that works. Dr Dayal still checks in on us and our son is 6 months old.
Ask questions, she will answer then in a way you understand
I don't remember everything. I do remember we used lupron, menopur, and gonal-f. Also dexamethasone & progesterone in oil. I took heparin 2x daily for a clotting disorder and did Intralipid Infusion for Elevated Natural Killer Cells
It was on par with what we were quoted other places.

IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, Immunological
Their front office staff [at Sher - STL] is always smiling when they greet me, I was always able to make appointments that worked with my schedule. They are super organized, know what their doing and run it like a well oiled machine. That makes me feel great, as I tend to be a very organized person. I didn't get a lot of interaction with the lab directly but they definitely took good care of my embryos, so that's fine with me!...
Investment Banker
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, Immunological
I think there are a lot of strengths with this clinic. Their front office staff is always smiling when they greet me, I was always able to make appointments that worked with my schedule. They are super organized, know what their doing and run it like a well oiled machine. That makes me feel great, as I tend to be a very organized person. I didn't get a lot of interaction with the lab directly but they definitely took good care of my embryos, so that's fine with me!
Dr. Dayal never made me feel like I was a number. I saw her at every single appointment and she talked to me so kindly. I never was talked down to, any of my questions dismissed, or thought to be inferior to her. Her entire office was like this. They became like family to me.
My main nurse as well as the entire nursing staff were amazing to me. I had most of their email addresses and would email them at all hours (literally, I emailed some of them at 10 pm and got responses back). I had to call the on-call nurse once and got to talk to them late at night as well when I had a medication question. I had no hesitation in her voice as she helped me and walked me through a mini-freak out. The girls who brought me back for all the ultrasounds were always smiling and so excited to see me!
From the very first appointment, Dr. Dayal was always there. She came out and greeted us at the initial consultation and brought us back to her office. She thoroughly explained everything about infertility, our issues, possibly plans, testing, and everything else. During all of the initial testing, I always saw her. She was quick to give back results, even the ones that were abnormal. I always felt so at ease with her and it helped me to stay positive in the struggle of infertility.
Stay with her! She will work wonders for you! Trust her. She knows what she's doing!
I was on an agonist protocol with Lupron as my suppressant because my labs came back pretty good. I was on a medium protocol, Dr. Dayal said. I ended up getting 25 eggs, so it worked well for me and the maturity and embryo production was great! I didn't feel like it was a "cookie cutter" protocol at all!
I paid

1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Amy [nurse at SIRM] is smart, kind, and compassionate. Often times her patient load seemed to be on the heavy side though...There is very little flexibility with appointment times. It is also important to know that they provide preferential treatment times to those that are 'in cycle.' Whether a patient is in cycle receiving a treatment or receiving an ultrasound after a cycle - they should be treated with the same level of importance and respect...
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
It was fantastic to see Dr. Dayal at all of my visits and have ultrasounds interpreted in real time. As the clinic started to build a larger patient base, it became much harder to schedule timely appointments.
Amy is smart, kind, and compassionate. Often times her patient load seemed to be on the heavy side though.
Dr. Dayal is an extremely intelligent and compassionate healthcare provider. If anything, some of her talents in more complex cases may be limited by the protocols of belonging to a large organization like SIRM.
Research, research, research. For any fertility patient - you are your best advocate. The best way to partner with Dr. Dayal (and any doctor) is to educate yourself, ask questions, and understand the realities and difficulties of fertility treatment.
Under the care of Dr. Dayal I completed 1 fresh cycle - resulting in a miscarriage and 1 frozen embryo. 1 Frozen transfer - resulting in a chemical pregnancy. 1 egg retrieval with ICSI for CGH testing - resulting in 1 CGH normal pregnancy. 1 cancelled cycle - intended for banking more CGH screened embryos. 1 Frozen transfer of 1 CGH normal embryo - resulting in a current Mo-Di twin pregnancy.
Ultrasounds, visits, etc. were included in the treatment pricing packages. Medications and any extra procedures were not.
Creve Coeur

Strengths [of Sher Fertility of St. Louis] : Short waiting times for appointments. Weaknesses: Poor communication. Generic protocol that does not work for everyone (our only infertility is male factor, yet my protocol yielded MANY immature eggs). We also paid for services in advance that we did not receive, and our refund for that is still "in process" several months later....The monitoring appointments went very smoothly. They got me in quickly and I did not have to wait long for Dr. Dayal. She explained what she saw during each appointment.
Strengths: Short waiting times for appointments. Weaknesses: Poor communication. Generic protocol that does not work for everyone (our only infertility is male factor, yet my protocol yielded MANY immature eggs). We also paid for services in advance that we did not receive, and our refund for that is still "in process" several months later.
Dr. Witten seemed kind and enthusiastic about our treatment. He was very encouraging when we saw him. I do want to point out though that, during my stimming for retrieval, I did not see him but was monitored by Dr. Dayal.
Mickey at Dr. Witten's office in the hospital was very informative and kind. She always returned our phone calls and explained our steps for each process. The staff at Sher were also kind, but difficult to reach and took days to return phone calls.
I felt like, once moving from IUI to IVF, Dr. Witten did not have much input on my treatment. He does his IVF through Sher, and so I believe he is bound to their medication protocol and monitoring. Dr. Witten seemed genuinely disappointed by my results. He was honest though in that IUI would not work for us and did not waste our time with months of IUI's. He did not prescribe me unnecessary medication as all of my levels were good and I ovulate without meds.
He is good for testing and IUI.
Dr. Witten does IVF through Sher and so he is bound to their treatment protocols. I do not believe he had any input on my medication protocol.
We have insurance coverage. We had to pay up-front for the treatment and were told we would be refunded for what insurance covered. I believe we paid around $7,000 and are owed a refund of around $6,000. Still waiting on that to process.
Creve Coeur

All if the nurses [at SIRM] were amazing. They are not just doing their job, but they are walking with along the way. MerryKay made sure all my calendars were up to date. She stayed in touch with me during the critical days and made sure I did not miss anything. After the emplantation, I was handed off to Mickey in Dr. Witten's office. She helped me through the first failing pregnancy, calling me every day to amke sure I was ok and to inform me if what is going on. During my successful pregnancy, Mickey was my personal cheerleader and she was so excited during every ultrasound. She also remembered me when I visited after giving birth, and made such a big deal about seeing my daughter.
Dr. Witten is not located at the Sher Institute so you sometines have to juggle two different offices. But the comnunication the Sher Institute has with his office is fantastic. The clinic does a lot to reach out to the community so you know you are not alone. They hold talks and seminars, and just recently started a private facebook group where people can get answers to questions, receive support from current and past patients and watch videos (both live and recorded). Everyone knows you at the clinic and you feel like part if a family. It is very clean and organized. And they follow procedure throughout. My husband did say that the room he had to use was a little awkward, but really what room would not be awkward. A big plus is that there is a lab right next door that they use for all the blood work, making it really handy to go to one location for two appointments.
After our chemical pregnancy, he personally called me to give his condolences. Then he dug through all the data to figure out what went wrong. He then had an appointment for my husband and me to discuss everything and to assess our mental status to assess when we would be ready for a next round.
All if the nurses were amazing. They are not just doing their job, but they are walking with along the way. MerryKay made sure all my calendars were up to date. She stayed in touch with me during the critical days and made sure I did not miss anything. After the emplantation, I was handed off to Mickey in Dr. Witten's office. She helped me through the first failing pregnancy, calling me every day to amke sure I was ok and to inform me if what is going on. During my successful pregnancy, Mickey was my personal cheerleader and she was so excited during every ultrasound. She also remembered me when I visited after giving birth, and made such a big deal about seeing my daughter.
Dr. Barry Witten was vary compassionate from the beginning. He understood the long journey we had already been on and was very realistic while also giving us optimism that we could achieve our dream of a family. I enjoyed his analytical approach to the science side, but he always said they can get everything there, but God has the final say. When we had a chemical pregnancy, he could not find the words and his nurse stepped in and comforted us. But later he was able to give us his condolence. On the second round when we got a positive blood test, Dr. Witten personally called me to congratulate me. He saw us through 8 weeks and then handed us off to my obgyn. But when I brought my daugter by two weeks after giving birth, he remembered us and was so delighted that we visited.
He might be short on words but he makes it up with his genuine caring of you physically and mentally.
The cost was not covered by my insurance. The first thing Sher Institute did was have you meet with the financial person. She explained the set cost and the varible costs. She detailed all of the companies that help with the cost and showed us what we needed to supply those companies with. She made sure we were ready financially before proceeding. I had and HRA through my work and she helped me figure out if that would be able to cover some of the cost. Everthing had to be paid in full before the treatment could begin.
Creve Coeur

The clinic [SIRM-STL] is very well ran and everyone works together as a team to help you in anyway possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else.... Amy [a nurse] was excellent. Always returned calls promptly and answered any questions we had. Always assured us to call if we needed anything and that's what she was there for. Also stopped into to see us every time we were at the office. Amy loves her job and it shows.
The clinic is very well ran and everyone works together as a team to help you in anyway possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
Dr Zarek personally called me to check to see how I was doing. We had her personal contact info during treatments and after. She still messages me to check in and it has been a year since we were under her care. She made sure all questions were answered and always talked in terms we understood. Absolutely loved Dr Zarek.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Amy was excellent. Always returned calls promptly and answered any questions we had. Always assured us to call if we needed anything and that's what she was there for. Also stopped into to see us every time we were at the office. Amy loves her job and it shows.
Dr Zarek was very thorough from the day we met her. She always explained things in ways we could understand and tested for things no once else did. She is very passionate about her job and it truly shows.
I would say trust her with your full heart because she has you best interest at heart. She will not put you through testing etc tgat is not needed.
Do to previous testing we had been through and our histories Dr Zarek recommended IVF for best results. This was not the case with previous Dr and we had wasted TONS of money and meds etc on multiple IUI. She also tested and treated myself for killer cells before and after each transfer. This was done because of positive blood test for killer cells. After 1st ivf which ended in chemical pregnancy my meds were adjusted and 2nd 1vf was successful.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Everyone [at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] was nice and polite and had an awsimd bed side manner...I would recommend this clinic to anyone! They are all around amazing facility...we moved on to IVF. We did one cycle retrieved 22 eggs. I think 8 were good but only 5 turned into embryos. I was a big candidate for having hoss. I decided to skip a cycle to avoid this. So we did a 2 frozen embryo transfer the next month and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
I would recommend this clinic to anyone! They are all around amazing facility.
My husband and I felt like we were part of her family, not just her patients. She is very caring, down to earth, blunt and funny.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Everyone was nice and polite and had an awsimd bed side manner.
She is very down to earth. She laid all possibilities and procedures. Where they were going to start first with testing and move on from what they find in testing. She explains things very clearly and makes sure if you have any questions you can get ahold of her at any time. She always gets back to you in a timely manner. She treats you like your part of her family but also keeps things professional at the same time. She is very sensitive to your individual needs as a person. She was very sucsessful in my personal treatment and was always eager to move on to the next step to success.
Make sure you keep in touch about instructions about each cycle. Personally I forgot to call on day one of cycle and missed a whole cycle because of it. So it was personal not because of anything the doctor or center did.
We did 2 iui's one with famara. I think that's what it's called. It's an alternative to clomid. She wrote a blog on the comparison between the two. Then we moved on to IVF. We did one cycle retrieved 22 eggs. I think 8 were good but only 5 turned into embryos. I was a big candidate for having hoss. I decided to skip a cycle to avoid this. So we did a 2 frozen embryo transfer the next month and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia.
My husbands insurance covered everything we only had a co pay.
Creve Coeur
Everyone was so friendly [at Sher Fertility] and when I was panicked and wasn't sure about a medicine they walked me through it...I loved it there. Always greeted with a smile and were very nice...Get as much information as you can. Be prepared for anything and no matter what keep trying...We were lucky, our insurance covered a lot. We had to pay for the intralipid infusions which were $300.00 a piece so a total of $600.00. Also had to meet our $300.00 deductible for both so that was $600.00 total. We paid for a portion of the medications which with both treatments came to about $800.00. We also had to pay for the anesthesia twice so that was $590.00 a piece so a total of $1180.00. We may receive more bills from different tests we have had done but we haven't received a bill yet.
I loved it there. Always greeted with a smile and were very nice.
He always called us by name and had a great sense of humor. He made it a lot less stressful.
Everyone was so friendly and when I was panicked and wasn't sure about a medicine they walked me through it.
Dr. Witten was always kind and put things in terms we could understand. When our first round didn't work he sat down with us and explained our options and what he felt was best. Never once discouraged us or made it feel impossible. He gave us hope.
I started out on birth control pills then had the intralipids infusion for the Natural Killer Cells. Started with the Dexamethasone then went to the injections. Cant remember the names of all of them but I know I did Gonal-F, Progesterone in oil, Estradiol Valerate, Menopur and Vaginal Suppositories. Then once I got a positive test I started Prenatal Vitamins and did another round of Intralipid Infusion.

Tubal Blockage, Immunological
The support staff in both his Mercy and Sher offices [at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] were very nice and helpful. Dr. Witten himself was friendly, but cryptic in his wording and didn't seem to want to answer my questions. He brushed them off most of the time....The staff is helpful and there is an on call nurse for any after hours medication questions. Sedation for egg retrieval is through an outside contractor and she doesn't accept insurance, so if you have insurance coverage you will have to submit the claim yourself which is a huge pain. The anesthesiologist is also somewhat flippant and didn't care about my comfort. She pushed drugs through my IV quickly and it burned horribly. She just laughed it off when she noticed she had hurt me. If Dr. Witten is your primary, some of your ultrasounds will be done with Dr. Dayal who also practices at Sher. She is sweet and very knowledgeable.
Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Thecinic is nicely furnished, clean and inviting. The staff is helpful and there is an on call nurse for any after hours medication questions. Sedation for egg retrieval is through an outside contractor and she doesn't accept insurance, so if you have insurance coverage you will have to submit the claim yourself which is a huge pain. The anesthesiologist is also somewhat flippant and didn't care about my comfort. She pushed drugs through my IV quickly and it burned horribly. She just laughed it off when she noticed she had hurt me. If Dr. Witten is your primary, some of your ultrasounds will be done with Dr. Dayal who also practices at Sher. She is sweet and very knowledgeable.
The support staff in both his Mercy and Sher offices were very nice and helpful. Dr. Witten himself was friendly, but cryptic in his wording and didn't seem to want to answer my questions. He brushed them off most of the time.
Nutsing staff was always friendly and helpful. Sher nurses weren't the best at placing IV catheters and I usually had to be stuck 2-4 times when I needed IV treatments.
Dr. Witten is obviously a very intelligent and experienced fertility doctor. I felt he had a very specific way he liked to do things and he didn't stray from that very much. When I would bring up questions or concerns, my concerns weren't heard or I was told I didn't need to worry about them. I felt like he would hear what I was saying but didn't want to listen.
Be prepared to do a lot of self research. He isn't an overly empathetic person and isn't great at answering questions.
My stim cycle was an agonist protocol. I have normal ovarian reserve but we were only able to get 5 eggs out of about 16 follicles. 4 were mature and all fertilized with ICSI, one arrested a day 4. My fresh cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy, and my 2 subsequent frozen transfers resulted in negative pregnancies. I was never given any rationale for the protocol chosen for me.
I have full insurance coverage. This covered all my diagnostic workup, IVF cycles and most medications. We had to pay out of pocket for my egg retrieval sedation as well as cryopreservation services associated with embryo freezing.

2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
For me the main strength and the reason I'd never go anywhere else [than SIRM-STL] is the fact that you actually see the RE at each appointment, she does your monitoring ultrasound so there's no waiting around for a phone call later, you get your answer straight away. Half way through my time there a place opened right next door to get your blood work, they would send over your lab request so you could go there first, it's very efficient. Even Stephanie the receptionist would greet you by name and know why you were there, from the moment you walk in you feel welcome
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
For me the main strength and the reason I'd never go anywhere else is the fact that you actually see the RE at each appointment, she does your monitoring ultrasound so there's no waiting around for a phone call later, you get your answer straight away. Half way through my time there a place opened right next door to get your blood work, they would send over your lab request so you could go there first, it's very efficient. Even Stephanie the receptionist would greet you by name and know why you were there, from the moment you walk in you feel welcome. I would like to see prices on the Website but I'm very happy that they have recently joined up with a medical loan company. Even if we were to move away if we ever do another cycle we would travel back to Missouri to use Dr Dayal.
Dr Dayal would talk to us about our cycle and what was happening, she never talked in general terms of treatment, it was always about our specific cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Jamie Layman )
Jamie was my co ordinator and MerryKay was my nurse, I think they have very different styles, with Jamie making friends more and being the shoulder to cry on and MK being the cool and collected one that gave the answers and could pull you back to earth when the hormones are making you crazy. They both answered emails very quickly and made me feel not alone, they are a great team.
Dr Dayal took over my treatment half way through, Dr Sher had done my egg retrieval and first two transfers then he went back to Las Vegas and Dr Dayal took over. The first real time she saw us was for our first ultrasound of our very first pregnancy, I was 7 weeks pregnant, our baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks and she had to tell us there was no heartbeat, I could not have asked for a better experience at a horrible time, it was clear she was upset for us and she hugged me before I left. When we had issues getting my lining to grow for frozen transfers she was willing to try different things and never gave up. Our son is two and we've had some losses since he was born, Dr Dayal has still been there for us whenever we had questions or needed help. She is a very special person who is great at her job, I know you want objective comments but I genuinely don't have a bad thing to say.
Be honest with her, about your fears or goals, she will listen and even if it seems like you're asking a stupid question she will never make you feel that way.
My lining doesn't grow well for frozen cycles so I was on terbutaline and viagra, on my final cycle my lining still wasn't as good as she wanted so we added vaginal estrace, it worked in two days. I was also on intra lipid infusions for elevated nk cells and a partial dq alpha match.
We paid for the two cycle plan which included two fresh cycles and unlimited frozen transfers, we didn't get to use the second fresh because we had our son from the final frozen embryo, because we done four frozen cycles it saved us money. We had to pay separately for anesthesia and blood work.
Due to our partial dq alpha match we were only allowed to transfer one embryo at a time because of the belief if we put one back that was a match it could cause it's to lose both of them, I personally don't see a need to transfer more than one, out of 5 set we had 3 positive tests with one live birth.
Creve Coeur

I used an Attain shared risk plan [at SIRM St Louis]...This clinic makes you feel like a person and I have seen Dr. Dayal at nearly every appointment. This is very much in contrast to the approach I had at another clinic where I rarely met the RE and procedures were performed by the RE on service that week. Dr. Dayal performed every embryo transfer and FET I had under her care personally...Nursing staff is great at SIRM! Very thorough and great attention to detail. I have had very few issues with them, which is in contrast to my experience at another clinic.
Dr. Dayal is extremely warm and caring - you can tell she really cares about her patients and thoughtfully thinks about each case and the best approach.
Dr. Dayal is extremely warm, intelligent, and thorough. Despite the fact that I have still not achieved the outcome I want, I completely trust her and believe she has left no stone unturned. I would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone going through infertility.
Dr. Dayal is incredibly thorough and explains everything well but certainly feel free to ask her questions, which she will always answer!
Prior to egg retrieval, I used Lupron. I had two retrievals with Dr. Dayal which were much more successful than the retrievals I had with another RE. I felt Dr. Dayal carefully considered the best approach given my history, age, etc. For the FETs I have had under Dr. Dayal's care we have used both medicated and a semi-natural/gentle stim cycle.
I used an Attain shared risk plan.
I have only done single embryo transfers, which Dr. Dayal is strongly in favor of.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
The nurse coordinator [at Sher-STL] was absolutely amazing she was always quick and got in contact with me when needed or when I needed her. She always went above and beyond trying to help me!.. I believe the clinics strength is knowing you as a particular patient instead of just a number in the office, I do believe the weakness is batching the cycles because sometimes it wastes time where you could be doing a retrieval or transfer.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
They personally called me and made me feel like a human and not a number, I will say sometimes the batch cycles make you feel like a number but all in all the office knows you, your name and situation
The nurse coordinator was absolutely amazing she was always quick and got in contact with me when needed or when I needed her. She always went above and beyond trying to help me!
Very kind and comforting! Is a genuine doctor and wants to help! I do wish there was more sit down time with him and discussions but over all I have had a great experience so far! There were a couple times I felt like things were rushed or I was not listened to but mostly he had answered all my questions.
Just to ask a lot of questions and be diligent about it
During egg retrieval I used BC usually at the beginning then cetrotide, adding in gonal f and menopur, they did end up upping my dosage of the menopur, also towards retrieval time I was on a zpak, during transfer time I was on Lupron, progesterone and estradiol
Creve Coeur

Absolutely nothing is negative about SIRM. In fact, you can now do both your ultrasounds and your blood work in their office! It's not only great care, it's incredibly convenient....The care coordinators and nursing staff at SIRM-St. Louis are fantastic...It's a completely different scenario at SIRM...and much for the better. It's a sense of compassion and of comradery...Dr. Molina and her staff have a wonderful bedside manner.... without coverage, my cost would be around 11k/cycle.
Dr. Molina and her staff have a wonderful bedside manner. This is my 2nd center and I'm shocked at the difference in care between the two.
The care coordinators and nursing staff at SIRM-St. Louis are fantastic. For example, in my previous cycle prior to coming to SIRM, I was in my RE doctor's office once. I only communicated via email with my coordinator. I felt like a number. It's a completely different scenario at SIRM...and much for the better. It's a sense of compassion and of comradery.
If Dr. Dayal has a weakness, I've not noted it yet. She has been encouraging, yet realistic. I feel as if I get a sufficient amount of her time and she does not rush appointments. I've not yet had a question posed to her that wasn't answered in detail. Her compassion is evident...you can tell that it's not just a numbers game to her.
Try Dr. Dayal FIRST. Oh I wish someone had told me that prior to doing my first IVF round. Dr. Dayal's focus is on a customized plan that works best for YOUR body, not a one-size-fits-all approach that I've experienced elsewhere.
I have insurance coverage, but I have to say that without coverage, my cost would be around 11k/cycle. Note that I'm on an estrogen priming cycle, so my meds are expensive.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
All of the staff [at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] was excellent! The majority of my visits were with Dr Dayal 1:1, but the nurses were always available to answer questions and provide medication instructions as well as warm wishes...Appointments ran smoothly and on time. Small office made visits more comfortable...IUI cycle and monitoring was $1000 plus meds, insurance covered all by $25 copay for visits during medicated cycles. Medications cost between $150-500 per cycle
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
From the first consult, she explained things in detail while making them easy to understand. She was open about our course of treatment and made sure we had realistic expectations while showing true empathy for us.
All of the staff was excellent! The majority of my visits were with Dr Dayal 1:1, but the nurses were always available to answer questions and provide medication instructions as well as warm wishes
Dr Dayal understands how hard infertility is not only physically, but emotionally. She always made sure we were comfortable with the course of treatment and that we understood each step of the process. This was our first experience with fertility treatments, and she respected how overwhelming the whole process can be.
Be patient, and trust her
Cycle monitoring, femara (increasing dosages through cycles to achieve optimal follicle counts), hmg injections to stimulate follicle growth as needed, ovidrel trigger shot to induce ovulation. Positive, viable pregnancy occurred in the 6th cycle
Creve Coeur
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
...they [Sher Institute] need everything paid up front...The nursing staff was very good. My only complaint was that although they have a separate waiting room for women with children, the nurses paraded babies around the halls once you were brought back. I know they are proud of their work but I do not want to watch everyone squee over new babies while finding out that my cycle failed....Dr. Zarek was very involved. She texted and emailed to check on us and made me feel like she really, really cared about my care.
None
Dr. Zarek was very caring and made sure to always explain everything. She gave me good solid facts and good reasonable expectations.
Dr. Zarek was very involved. She texted and emailed to check on us and made me feel like she really, really cared about my care. I liked that she was able to be realistic but also positive. We never had false hope but she never suggested that we weren't going to be parents someday!
Dr. Zarek is wonderful (if you have Fertility coverage, we did not and they need everything paid up front which is no fault of Dr. Zarek' did course)
I took 5 mg of Letrozole. I used progesterone, folate, and vitamin D. It worked the first time but ended in miscarriage. We tried it four more times because I responded well and ovulated nicely. My husband's SA looked good. Dr. Zarek suggested IUI but I declined due to the cost of imjectables.
I do not remember exact costs but I do know that it added up really, really quickly!

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Mickey [nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] was nice, however was unorganized and didn't have us follow the initial steps in proper order. Calendar management was extremely confusing and could have been communicated better to us...Everything was explained in a personable way and over the months of visiting, we felt like we knew them. There was a congratulatory call upon discovering pregnancy and he seemed genuinely happy for us.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Amy was professional and a very kind and relatable down to earth kind of person. She was always available for questions and support.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Mickey)
Mickey was nice, however was unorganized and didn't have us follow the initial steps in proper order. Calendar management was extremely confusing and could have been communicated better to us.
At the outset we thought the doctor was very professional although a man of few words. Over the course of the following few months, as we started to visit more and more we found ourselves getting comfortable with his particular style.
I don't have any advice.
The estrogen intramuscular injections (2 Ml) daily was tough to get through for a period of about 6-8 weeks. They produced the desired outcome but it is a long and sometimes painful commitment. The subcutaneous injections were easier to tolerate, however this too was a daily commitment. There were so many drugs needed, I couldn't possibly list all of them and their dosages. Lupron, Gonal, Estradiol, dexamethasone, suppositories, are just some of what I took.
No idea. We got hit with so many bills from so many different places it was impossible to keep track of.

2016 - 2019
Friendly and great staff [at SIRM STL]. Weakness would be billing and the fact that you can’t communicate directly with your doctor. If you need to communicate with your doctor you will have to leave a message with your nurse and she will tell/ask your doctor and your nurse will get back to you with an answer.... Lovenox and intralipids for mthfr and recurrent loss.... She [the nurse] listens to all my ideas and answers all my questions quickly.
2016 - 2019
Friendly and great staff. Weakness would be billing and the fact that you can’t communicate directly with your doctor. If you need to communicate with your doctor you will have to leave a message with your nurse and she will tell/ask your doctor and your nurse will get back to you with an answer.
Dr Dayal is compassionate, caring, and listens to my concerns. She wants me to succeed and have a successful pregnancy. She is not sure why we have not been successful yet but is hopeful we will be this next time.
She listens to all my ideas and answers all my questions quickly.
She’s compassionate and honest. She is a good listener. She explains everything carefully. She sets out a treatment plan for your treatment type and will try to adjust as needed. Only thing I would change is the fact that there is no way to communicate with her directly; you have to communicate with your nurse if there is something you need to communicate with her.
Advocate your needs and wants.
Lovenox and intralipids for mthfr and recurrent loss.
Don’t recall

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Weakness is that the lobby needs some music or a tv in there. Sometimes it feels stuffy in there and too silent. Even though we are going through the same thing. Sometimes you don’t want to talk to the other person. Strength is that the staff [Sher Fertility] is al very friendly! ... A single iui treatment is about 1200. Which is steep but worth it! ... They are very personable! They treated me like we were really good friends.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Weakness is that the lobby needs some music or a tv in there. Sometimes it feels stuffy in there and too silent. Even though we are going through the same thing. Sometimes you don’t want to talk to the other person. Strength is that the staff is al very friendly!
Dr. Dayal was always at my appointments and let me ask her questions.
They are very personable! They treated me like we were really good friends.
Strengths easy to talk to. Was at every appointment. She made the me feel comfortable at each appointment. Weakness was that sometimes I feel like more initial testing could have been done. I was tested for the natural killer cell to find out it runs high in me after the fact that I had 3 iui treatments.
Make sure you get all the testing that needs to or could be done beforehand.
I would go in for a base line check and then be prescribed letrozole and then had an ultrasound to see how many eggs I had. After we did the iui treatment!
A single iui treatment is about 1200. Which is steep but worth it!
When we did iui she did not want more than 3 eggs. But would allow 4 if we had it.
Creve Coeur

The office [Sher] is nice, staff is great, they are responsive to your needs. However they are a large clinic and like anywhere else you need to continue to advocate for yourself and your needs. I recommend having a note book with questions and be prepared with it at every visit ... had a scan done at another location and the report stated I had a septate uterus. ... I was not notified of report and the embryo transfer proceeded. My septate uterus was offically diagnosed 2 years later and I had surgery immediately.
The office is nice, staff is great, they are responsive to your needs. However they are a large clinic and like anywhere else you need to continue to advocate for yourself and your needs. I recommend having a note book with questions and be prepared with it at every visit
Dr Dayal and all of the staff do a wonderful job of making you feel like a person. They remember personal information and make you feel so comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amy A)
The nursing staff is amazing. They answer my questions, are very responsive to emails or calls, and have been supportive through some really hard times and helped celebrate through some big wins
Dr Dayal is very compassionate and seems to truly care. I have had issues that I have brought forward and she listens well and has attempted to make them right. I really appreciate that she is in every appointment, she answers all my questions and I have felt like I have a say in my care
Advocate for yourself, have questions prepared and don’t be afraid to adk
We have tried several different protocols. I did not stun well my first try at egg retrieval and we started making changes after that
I am not sure we had some coverage but each cycle seemed to be about 7000.00 prior to medications
I had a uterine anaomly and will always do a single transfer

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
They [nurses at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] were always very friendly and patient. Defintely compassionate and showed empathy for my fertility struggles...Wait time was a little long. I do appreciate them filling out paperwork for me to get a grant. They were always pleasant, the location was convenient, and clinic was nice and clean. Plenty of seating of patients...I had a lot of blood tests to determine follicle count, ovarian reserve. I also had an xray with dye to determine if my tubes were open. Lots of ultrasounds to look at my uterus and eggs to determin ovulation. Lastly, I had a MRI.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Witten was very thorough and seemed to really care about helping my medical condition.
They were always very friendly and patient. Defintely compassionate and showed empathy for my fertility struggles.
Dr. Witten is very knowledgeable. However there were times where I felt unsure of next steps, I didnt have a clear plan of what was next and why I was doing certain tests. He was compassionate and genuinely seemed liked he wanted to help. There was also a language barrier, but for the most part I understood his communication.
Ask Dr. Witten to put a detailed plan in place so you know step by step what to expect
Not sure.
Creve Coeur

I don't know that I have anything negative to say about the clinic [Sher-St. Louis] . I don't doubt that there are probably cheaper clinics (I think they have a tendency to require more blood testing than other clinics for example), but aside from that, the we've had a great experience. The staff are all very helpful and knowledgable at their jobs, and seem to be genuinely interested in helping us reach our goals.
I don't know that I have anything negative to say about the clinic. I don't doubt that there are probably cheaper clinics (I think they have a tendency to require more blood testing than other clinics for example), but aside from that, the we've had a great experience. The staff are all very helpful and knowledgable at their jobs, and seem to be genuinely interested in helping us reach our goals.
Dr. Dayal has always been very warm and open with us. She seems to genuinely care about helping us conceive a child, and has been very open with her own experiences with infertility.
The nursing staff was very knowledgable, and seemed able to answer any of our questions we had for them. They were always great at following up with us, I don't think we ever had to call them to remind them of anything.
Dr. Dayal is very professional, but also very warm. Her recommendations and treatments all seem to be evidence driven, which my partner and I appreciate. I never felt like she was just "humoring" my partner or myself, even when our questions may have been slightly neurotic.
Creve Coeur

The clinics [Sher Institute of Medicine- St Louis] is very clean and good part of town. All the staff is super nice and willing to assist you in any way... For our IVF we paid about $15k which included medications and procedures... Amy [a nurse] was always willing to help even if I had some silly questions and she never made me feel stupid for not knowing something
The clinics is very clean and good part of town. All the staff is super nice and willing to assist you in any way
Dr Zarek would always make sure we had her cell phone number that way if we had any questions she wanted us to call her!
Amy was always willing to help even if I had some silly questions and she never made me feel stupid for not knowing something
Dr. Zarek is a wonderful Doctor! I would recommend her to any friend or family going through fertility issues. She is always willing to answer questions or sit down with you to go over information. During our process she explained everything very thorough, always layed down our options, and prepared us for the good and the bad!
She is a smart doctor and cares for you like her own family!
I can't remember them but I know when I started all my medications Dr Zarek made sure I knew what I could and could not do because certain movements of my body could affect my ovaries
For our IVF we paid about $15k which included medications and procedures
I would like to say my doctor and the lab had to make an executive decision about our one and only embryo bc it wasn't doing the best. They were wanting to freeze it but they knew it wouldn't survive the freeze. I apploud Dr Zarek and the lab for making the decision to transfer our embryo on day 5 because it survived in me and now I'm pregnant

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
My IUIs [at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] were $1,000 plus the cost of meds...This clinic has so much experience behind it. The knowledge and bedside manner are what make this the best doctor's office...They [the nurses] were very nice, compassionate, knowledgeable, and made me feel like family...I was diagnosed with borderline PCOS so we tried an IUI with Letrozole to begin with because I wanted to be aggressive. After it didn't work, Dr. Dayal said that we could try conceiving on our own with the help of meds. Beside Letrozole, we used the injectable Menopure along with a viagra suppository. My body responded well each time to the meds.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I felt like a human because she was very sensitive, knowledgeable, and had experienced infertility too
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
They were very nice, compassionate, knowledgeable, and made me feel like family
My experience as a patient was excellent. The entire time I was comfortable and had no problem getting all of my questions answered. I would never go to another doctor. I feel more prepared at conquering infertility than I did before seeing Dr. Dayal.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions or share your experience with Dr. Dayal
My IUIs were $1,000 plus the cost of meds.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Very professional office [Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. Everybody so nice and extremely helpful. Easy to get into, unlike other places.... Amy very sweet and compassionate. Always readily available for questions and to let me know what's going on.... Dr Zarek made sure we felt as comfortable with her as possible from the moment she personally came to get us from waiting room for first visit. Was compassionate and helpful in everyway possible. We are early in our first cycle with her but she has been informative and caring the whole way through.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Very professional office. Everybody so nice and extremely helpful. Easy to get into, unlike other places.
She is so caring and wants to get to know you as a person/family. Not just as a patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Amy albertson)
Dr Zarek made sure we felt as comfortable with her as possible from the moment she personally came to get us from waiting room for first visit. Was compassionate and helpful in everyway possible. We are early in our first cycle with her but she has been informative and caring the whole way through. She even gave us her cell number to keep in close contact with her throughout treatment. She is an absolute Doll and we are so grateful to have found her.
Be open and ask any question may pop in your head. She is so understanding and informative.
I am early in treatment so far we are suppressing follicles using Lipton 10 then 5 units, then switched to ganirelix 125 . Had baseline ultrasound today. Will start follistim in couple days for stimulation. Then .5 of menopur. Will do the hcg trigger and have egg retrieval hopefully in two weeks

1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Everyone is amazing there [Sher Fertility of St. Louis]!! Very compassionate staff! Very organized and professional as well...Jamie [nurse] loves all of her patients!! She is super sociable and compassionate! She always answers emails quickly and answers any questions you might have...I researched immunology issues further and found Dr. Dayal. I scheduled a Skype consult and immediately knew after talking to her for just a short time that she was going to do everything she could to figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant. She ordered several tests that helped diagnose my infertility and scheduled a HSG which I had not had prior. Every visit with her is informative and she is very compassionate. You can tell that she loves what she does and is very passionate about it.
European, Native American, Other
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Everyone is amazing there!! Very compassionate staff! Very organized and professional as well.
She is very compassionate and caring. She puts you at ease and answers any questions you may have. From the first time speaking with her, I felt very comfortable and well taken care of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Jamie Layman)
Jamie loves all of her patients!! She is super sociable and compassionate! She always answers emails quickly and answers any questions you might have.
Dr. Dayal is an excellent doctor. I can't say enough good things about her. After receiving disappointing results with two previous doctors in my state, I researched immunology issues further and found Dr. Dayal. I scheduled a Skype consult and immediately knew after talking to her for just a short time that she was going to do everything she could to figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant. She ordered several tests that helped diagnose my infertility and scheduled a HSG which I had not had prior. Every visit with her is informative and she is very compassionate. You can tell that she loves what she does and is very passionate about it.
She recommended we do a single embryo transfer due to my allo-immune disorder.
Creve Coeur

I believe each IUI [at Sher Fertility] was $600 which included the sperm wash. I also had intralipid infusions that were $150 each...I think this clinic is great...The staff there is amazing. Everyone is so nice and makes sure you are comfortable at all times. When you call and tell them your treatment didn't work that cycle you can hear in their voice they are upset too...And I believe they've just got the embryoscope!
I think this clinic is great. And I believe they've just got the embryoscope!
I feel Dr. Dayal really cares for her patients. She explained everything very well and I feel that she was as excited as I was at my IUI's.
Dr. Dayal is a very nice person and she explains things very well. She does whatever she can to try and get you pregnant! :) My experience with her was great even though it didn't end in pregnancy. I felt very comfortable with every ultrasound and IUI I had.
Take it one day at a time and don't give up.
I used letrazole and an hcg trigger shot. I also had high NKCells so I had intralipid infusions before my IUI. I didn't get pregnant with either IUI I had.
I believe each IUI was $600 which included the sperm wash. I also had intralipid infusions that were $150 each.

Tubal Blockage, Immunological
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of St.Louis] was amazing. Amy Albertson and Jamie Layman kept me up to date on all of my results. They would return my calls within an hour or two...I completed a micro IVF cycle and the total cost with medications was between $10,000-$11,000.... I hyperstimulated during the procedure and my embryos had to be frozen. We were scheduled for a fresh transfer. We were not charged any additional costs as it was changed for a medical reason.
Tubal Blockage, Immunological
The clinic atmosphere is very positive and gives you a new sense of hope.
Dr. Dayal treated me with the upmost kindness and respect. She really cares and it shows through how well she knows your individual infertility issues.
The nursing staff was amazing. Amy Albertson and Jamie Layman kept me up to date on all of my results. They would return my calls within an hour or two.
Dr. Dayal did all of my ultrasounds, egg retrieval, transfer, and saw me at each appointment. I went to another doctor and they did not have the sincerity that Dr. Dayal has with her patients. I had a very positive experience at each appointment. She explained each step of the process thoroughly and kept me up to date on all of my results.
Have questions ready because she will answer any question that you have.
I completed a micro IVF cycle and the total cost with medications was between $10,000-$11,000. My and husband I received a loan to cover the cost. I hyperstimulated during the procedure and my embryos had to be frozen. We were scheduled for a fresh transfer. We were not charged any additional costs as it was changed for a medical reason.

2014 - 2018
I felt like part of a family [at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] and still do!...They [the nurses] are all so sweet and caring and most of all responsive!...It is very clean and love that it’s located so closely to a pharmacy. All the staff are really helpful and understanding since most of us are going through a pretty sensitive process...She [Dr. Dayal] is smart, patient and relatable! Best experience when the subject isn’t always so positive!
2014 - 2018
Location is good proximity from my work but far from my house. It is very clean and love that it’s located so closely to a pharmacy. All the staff are really helpful and understanding since most of us are going through a pretty sensitive process.
I felt like part of a family and still do!
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Merry Kay and Amy )
They are all so sweet and caring and most of all responsive!
She is smart, patient and relatable! Best experience when the subject isn’t always so positive! I was so nervous since we had tried a different doctor at a different clinic and she calmed every nerve I had. Never felt rushed and could call her even on her personal cell if i needed anything. Am blessed to find such a caring doctor
No question is dumb ask them all!
Had a ton of pills used can’t rememember them all. Did have to use blood thinners with my anti thrombin three difficency.
$15-$20 k
Creve Coeur
Clinic [Sher Fertility] is clean and exactly what I expected. I was a little confused at the first visit, they wanted my husband and I to book at the same time, but we were put in two separate rooms and I wondered why it was important to book together?... [Cost Of Treatment] $90 fertility check... Dr. Dayal is very thorough in explaining how the body functions, what is considered good, average or below average, and test results. She doesn't rush you
Clinic is clean and exactly what I expected. I was a little confused at the first visit, they wanted my husband and I to book at the same time, but we were put in two separate rooms and I wondered why it was important to book together?
Dr. Dayal is very thorough in explaining how the body functions, what is considered good, average or below average, and test results. She doesn't rush you or act like you are an inconvenience at all. She not only answers every question you have, she makes sure you fully understand what she's saying. I feel as though I can trust her and that in itself is invaluable.
Be patient. She won't recommend testing she doesn't think you won't need and if she suggests waiting a few more months without additional testing, then listen to her advice.
Right now she recommends waiting a few more months before we start treatment.
$90 fertility check... haven't done IVF so unsure of costs

1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Other
Amanda [a nurse at Sher-STL] is a very empathetic person. She is very prompt in responding to your phone calls or emails and is more than happy to go above and beyond to explain and help you in any way she can.... They are very informative on procedure, billing, and concerns you may have and are very prompt in returning calls and setting up appointments.... $14,000 the first round and for ou frozen $6,000 our second
1 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Other
She is very down to earth and is willing to explain and help you in any way. She has excellent bed side manners and is empathetic in your journey with you.
Amanda is a very empathetic person. She is very prompt in responding to your phone calls or emails and is more than happy to go above and beyond to explain and help you in any way she can.
She is a very knowledgeable doctor. She lays out all the pros and cons before treatment and even elaborate on each piece so you are comfortable and there is no confusion what the procedure and process entails.
You should definitely go with her on this journey.
Fluid ultrasounds, weekly checkup, following, lovenox, Lupton, dexamethasone.
$14,000 the first round and for ou frozen $6,000 our second

Male Factor, Immunological
The office [Sher Fertility of St. Louis] was very worried about getting paid. Several times they wanted to collect money when I didn't owe anything.... Lost billing paperwork. Would make some mistakes on medication. Forgot to add lovenox and high dose folic acid.... Mary Kay [a nurse] would find answers when asked. Not always the best bed side manner. Jamie that worked there was awesome! Always upbeat and cheerful!
Male Factor, Immunological
Always worried about bills. Would always ask for payments and most of the time, I had already paid it.
The office was very worried about getting paid. Several times they wanted to collect money when I didn't owe anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Mary Kay. )
Mary Kay would find answers when asked. Not always the best bed side manner. Jamie that worked there was awesome! Always upbeat and cheerful!
She was great! Very kind and gentle. Would of liked a little more communication when things did not go well with some possible explanations. She did a lot of traveling while I was a patient which at times was then hard to get answers.
Ask lots of questions. Make sure you are comfortable.
Did the same regimen as before when we had our last child
Would have to pay approx 200 for all us prior to actual cycle. Extra for anesthesia.
Would transfer 2
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological
You will always feel like a person here [at Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine- St Louis]. Everyone is so amazing and compassionate.... She [a nurse] always answered any questions I had within an hour (Email or phone call). Even the most ridiculous questions I had, she answered them with compassion and never made me feel like I was being crazy.... You won't regret seeing her
Anovulation, Male Factor, Immunological
You will always feel like a person here. Everyone is so amazing and compassionate.
She has lived through infertility. She saw me every time I entered that office. Even if I wasn't there to see her, she still came and talked to me. She does every ultrasound and every test. She is involved in every aspect of your treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Merry-kay )
She always answered any questions I had within an hour (Email or phone call). Even the most ridiculous questions I had, she answered them with compassion and never made me feel like I was being crazy.
She's the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. She has lived through the struggle of infertility so she knows how it feels and that gives her the advantage. She is extremely involved in her patients treatment plans. She seems them every time they enter her office.
You won't regret seeing her
7600 for mini IVF
She transferred 2 because that's the best chance for success

2017 - 2019
Scheduling [at SIRM STL] is quick and efficient. Nursing staff are all friendly and take time to know you. You will be greeted with a smile and a “hi ___.” You are more than a number, you are an individual with specific needs and plans. The nursing staff fully Acknowledges this.... Total IVF cycle including meds was $15,000... Dr. Written is very knowledgeable, has a good bedside manner and his primary goal is to achieve pregnancy.
2017 - 2019
Scheduling is quick and efficient. Nursing staff are all friendly and take time to know you. You will be greeted with a smile and a “hi ___.” You are more than a number, you are an individual with specific needs and plans. The nursing staff fully Acknowledges this.
Dr. Written is very knowledgeable, has a good bedside manner and his primary goal is to achieve pregnancy. Although we did not get pregnant with our IVF cycle, we have a plan moving forward that I trust completely will work for my husband and I.
Ask questions. He can talk quickly.
Total IVF cycle including meds was $15,000
Creve Coeur

Long wait times sometimes [Sher Fertility of St. Louis- Creve Coeur]. Very friendly. Very clean and nice. Lab right next door. Must pay for antheshia desperate. Believe in natural born killers cells and those treatment cost extra and take a ton of time.... Dr. Written and his staff were all so kind and caring. He spends so much time with his patients.... He did everything he could and wouldn't do another cycle until he looked me in the eye and told me the slim chance we had.
Long wait times sometimes. Very friendly. Very clean and nice. Lab right next door. Must pay for antheshia desperate. Believe in natural born killers cells and those treatment cost extra and take a ton of time.
He is flat out an awesome human. He did everything he could and wouldn't do another cycle until he looked me in the eye and told me the slim chance we had. Admitted when he had tried everything and advised that we explore NYC.
If you like fast paced, that is not Dr Witten.
Antagonist is all I can remember.
Must be a 5 day embryo.
Creve Coeur

She [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] was very kind to us, took our feelings into consideration & has called us personally to check in...I am a candidate for IVF, I did an ultrasound of my ovaries, it told us how many "Ready to fertilize" eggs were already there...They [The staff at SIRM] were attentive & answered all questions without getting short.
They were attentive & answeted all questions without getting short.
She was very kind to us, took our feelings into consideration & has called us personally to check in.
They were compassionate & professional.
Amazing!
Not to do tons of research on your own, your Dr. is full of knowledge not Google!
Creve Coeur

The clinics [Sher Fertility of STL] strengths would be compassion for their patients. A weakness would be communication through email. Would have liked to talk on phone more and being more direct. I liked the option of Skyping with Dr. Dayal in Peoria, Il when she was in STL.... They [the nursing staff] took care of me during my ultrasounds and my retrieval. They answered my questions and listened to my concerns.
The clinics strengths would be compassion for their patients. A weakness would be communication through email. Would have liked to talk on phone more and being more direct. I liked the option of Skyping with Dr. Dayal in Peoria, Il when she was in STL.
Dr. Dayal looked at our past retrieval and saw flags with my past fertility doctor and made sure I was well taken cared of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at SIRM St Louis (Sher institute for Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Corrie )
They took care of me during my ultrasounds and my retrieval. They answered my questions and listened to my concerns.
Dr. Dayal listened to my concerns and watched my labs very closely and adjusted my meds when it was neeeded. When I planned for a fresh embryo transfer and started feeling sick she knew we had to cancel so I didn’t get OHSS which I was very concerned about.
Be very open with Dr. Dayal. She listens and is very compassionate. She also looks and many options for you as a patient.
She adjusted my meds as I was in the middle of the cycle. She watched my labs and helped with any questions I had.
Paying your insurance deductible was a big stress on me.
Creve Coeur

Nursing staff [at Sher-St. Louis- Creve Coeur] were able to answer calls and questions any time we needed additional information or were confused about next steps in the process.... Standard workup included bloodwork, ultrasounds, semen analysis, and a thorough explanation of each step in the process. Monitoring of cycles, timed intercourse, and clomid cycles.... he nursing staff will answer any and all questions you have along the way. If you have questions, ask them. Be aware of certain things, research just a little so you can follow the dialogue.
Strengths. Dr Barry Witten is thorough and will y’all you through the process no matter what. The nursing staff will answer any and all questions you have along the way. If you have questions, ask them. Be aware of certain things, research just a little so you can follow the dialogue.
Excellent bedside manner. He took the time to listen to us and answer any and all questions we had.
Nursing staff were able to answer calls and questions any time we needed additional information or were confused about next steps in the process.
He was thorough and answered all the questions we had. If something came to mind after we left we were able to call and still get answers. He has excellent bedside manner and is easy to talk to. His time working as a specialist and referrals from previous patients put my mind at ease. I wish we could have covered more and received a baby from this.
Be honest. Tell him everything that is going on. Trust the process and be open to treatment options.
I can’t recall all the cost associated with this treatment.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
Jamie [nurse at SIRM St Louis] goes out of her way to make you feel important, welcome, and taken care of...absolutely love SIRM STL. We did do a little exploring with two other offices and found ourselves at home with SIRM. The waiting room time is hardly anything. The women that work in the office all remember you by name and take excellent care of you...Dr. Zarek offered a cell phone number that she could be reached at any any time. She was wonderful about reaching out after hours and even while away on vacation... is very welcoming. She remembers her patients and husbands as well as things they discussed about their lives outside of infertility/treatments. She’s someone that you want to keep in contact with long after infertility...She is an amazing doctor and friend. She will go the distance it takes or exhaust all options trying.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
My husband and unborn absolutely love SIRM STL. We did do a little exploring with two other offices and found ourselves at home with SIRM. The waiting room time is hardly anything. The women that work in the office all remember you by name and take excellent care of you.
Jamie goes out of her way to make you feel important, welcome, and taken care of.
Dr. Zarek is very welcoming. She remembers her patients and husbands as well as things they discussed about their lives outside of infertility/treatments. She’s someone that you want to keep in contact with long after infertility.