Sher Fertility of Texas

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Texas to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 79.9
9.9
1 doctor
I really love this clinic [Sher Texas]. I feel like a patient they care about and that they are very vested in me getting pregnant. The 1:1 patient care received here vs other clinics in Dallas is amazing...Lisa is a great nurse. She has been available for phone consultations, meetings and also always answers questions via email. She is very organized and has done a great job communicating to me changes in protocol, etc...Dr Saleh has been extremely honest and compassionate with his recommended treatment and care. He is always available to answer questions via an appointment, email or phone call.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
I really love this clinic. I feel like a patient they care about and that they are very vested in me getting pregnant. The 1:1 patient care received here vs other clinics in Dallas is amazing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
We decided to see Dr Saleh after recommendations from several friends. The RE we had been seeing prior to Dr Saleh was not always available and I felt like a number in their practice. Dr Saleh is an excellent doctor - he listens, is always available for questions. Dr Saleh does all ultrasounds and procedures himself vs having sonographers and nurses - I really feel this helps with the quality of care and providing the best protocol. We are so pleased with Dr Saleh - we are in the middle of our first IVF cycle and are optmistic that we will have a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Ask questions
Describe the protocols Walid Saleh used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of Texas and their degree of success.
We are in the middle of our first IVF cycle. I am 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for several years. Dr Saleh suspected I have an egg quality issue. We did a cycle with Lupron, Gonal F and menopur. After retrieval and ISCI fertilization of 12 eggs, we had 8 make it to blast. We also did PGS screening; we have one good embryo and are optimistic for our frozen transfer in a few weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas.
We did a multi cycle plan with Attain
Describe Walid Saleh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of Texas.
We only have one to transfer
Dallas
Ya'll I had a nurse [at Sher Fertility of Texas-Dallas] sit on the phone with me after my 4th negative test and cry with me. These women are truly amazing!... The clinic is in Medical city, so I parked in 1st paring garage off of Forest Ln. Get on the second flood in parking garage near the back, go up the first set of stairs to get out, and you are right at the C entry. Go strait in elevator to 6th ? ha I always forget if its 6th or 4th. Pretty sure 6th floor, then go to the left! Yes, we had a very hard time finding it at first. So here you go!!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
Ya'll I had a nurse sit on the phone with me after my 4th negative test and cry with me. These women are truly amazing!
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
We love Dr. Saleh! I don't believe we could have picked a better Dr. in our area. Well sorta our area, we drive 4 hours to see him, defiantly worth it. Great bedside manor. Put it this way, this past November I happen to be ovulating on Thanksgiving, I took the month off so he could have family time. This is how much I respect this man. He is amazing!!
I wish you luck & tons of baby dust!! You have came to the perfect Dr.
We started off with ultra sound to check for cyst's around cycle day 3. then started clomid day 3 for 5 days. Once positive ovulation we went in for IUI the next day. Came in had the procedure, for me was cycle day 12 or 13. Then back for blood test in 12 days. After the negative results we would start over again, ultra sounds, clomid, Ovulation, IUI & then negative tests. We did this for 5 months.
Well, we're paying cash for all of our treatments. With that being said I am very appreciative of these prices. Ultra Sound $250ish IUI $500 includes Semen analysis, wash and the procedure. Trigger Shot (Walgreens) $350 HCG $35 I'm sure I'm missing something.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Two fresh cycles with 2 egg retrievals and FETs unlimited during cycle, ultrasounds, monitoring, ISCI, and one year of storage was about $21,000 with cash discount [at Sher-TX]. Cycles had to be used in 6 months. I also had a saline ultrasound and mock embryo transfer which was another $700. Medications separate.... Strengths: competent support staff, excellent doctor, great lab. Weaknesses: Decor could be updated.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
I always met with Dr. Saleh only unlike with my initial RE. He did the ultrasounds personally and not a nurse. I felt like a person and not a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Assigned a nurse.)
Competent and quickly responded by email to my questions. I just wish they were more personable.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I appreciated Dr. Saleh' candor and honest assessment of my outcome. Unlike my previous RE, he tests first for issues that may impact the success of treatment rather than down the road. He has a cheerful disposition and I really appreciated only being seen by him at each appointment.
The waiting room environment could be improved, but you're in the right place.
My protocol began 1 month prior to retrieval. The first five days, I took a prenatal, BCP, and baby aspirin. The next week, I added Lupron for 5 days and 5 units the last 2. No BCP for last 2 days also. For the next 4 days I added Cetrotide and had a baseline ultrasound and E2. The following 6 days, I added Estrace. The next 3 days I took Lovenox, prednisone and Gonal-F. The next 6 days I continued previous medications adding in Menopur. Day before retrieval, I only continued prednisone, prenatal, Cetrotide, and HCG. Retrieval day, I took prednisone, prenatal, E2V, and antibiotic. I also did acupuncture 3 months before retrieval and before retrieval and transfer. The goal was to allow me to produce as many quality eggs for my age group.
Two fresh cycles with 2 egg retrievals and FETs unlimited during cycle, ultrasounds, monitoring, ISCI, and one year of storage was about $21,000 with cash discount. Cycles had to be used in 6 months. I also had a saline ultrasound and mock embryo transfer which was another $700. Medications separate.
No. Due to my age, I was given the option to transfer 2, 5 day embryos or one. It was completely up to me and Dr. Saleh went over the clinic's statistics with me before I made my decision. I never felt pressured to go one way or the other.
Dallas
From the doctor, nurses, protocol coordinator, insurance contact, to front desk, EVERYONE [at Sher Fertility of Texas] is nice and helpful. You feel like everyone has a genuine interest in helping you create a family. No matter who my contact was for different types of questions, it was always answered quickly...Heather [nurse] met with me and provided a calendar that clearly communicated the protocol. She went over the process in an easy to understand way. I emailed with questions and she ALWAYS answered in a timely manner. Many times within an hour or two and weekends. I’m not sure how Heather does it all. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
From the doctor, nurses, protocol coordinator, insurance contact, to front desk, EVERYONE is nice and helpful. You feel like everyone has a genuine interest in helping you create a family. No matter who my contact was for different types of questions, it was always answered quickly.
Dr. Saleh sat down with my husband and I several times to discuss the process, outcome, and next steps. He patiently described everything and did so with such positivity and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heather Jackson)
Heather met with me and provided a calendar that clearly communicated the protocol. She went over the process in an easy to understand way. I emailed with questions and she ALWAYS answered in a timely manner. Many times within an hour or two and weekends. I’m not sure how Heather does it all. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr. Saleh is extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process and has a true passion for his job. Through the ups and downs Dr. Saleh adjusted as needed and stayed positive. He has incredible bedside manner!
I’m 40 with DOR. Dr. Saleh wanted to begin with an “aggressive protocol.” I stayed on stimulation medicine for about 16 days. Dr. Saleh was patient with my body’s response. Because of this he was able to retrieve more eggs than I expected.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility of Texas.
All monitoring appointments had to be made before noon. The majority of the time, appointments were exactly on schedule. He ran about 15 min late once and profusely apologized.
2012 - 2013
The nursing staff [at Sher Fertility of Texas] was very good at contacting the insurance to see if anything would be covered and provided me with a detailed cost analysis...The waiting area is a bit dim and doesn't represent the warmth of the rest of the office, reception could be improved, but the greatest strength is I felt the team and us we on the same side and striving for the same goal.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
He reviewed all aspects of what could be preventing pregnancy and helped us find out the cause and solution.
The nursing staff was very good at contacting the insurance to see if anything would be covered and provided me with a detailed cost analysis.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr Saleh is very direct and has a good knowledge of fertility options.
Listen to the options, and try to follow the most probable path.
He was unsure if a cycle of Clomid would help me because my ovarian reserve numbers were so low but was willing to compromise and let me cycle through before proceeding to a more expensive method.
Less than $1000
Dallas
Dr. Saleh was very knowledgeable about my infertility. He answered any and all questions I had about the process and had great bed side manner.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr Saleh is very knowledgeable about infertility. He can answer any question you have and does not rush through appointments. I was able to see him every appointment and didn't have to speak to someone other then him unless I wanted to. He was caring and compassionate and truly wanted a success for me.
Be patient and ask questions
Na
An overall IVF treatment with why retrieval, icsi, and a fresh transfer cost around $16,500
2012
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
I found Dr. Saleh [at Sher Fertility of Texas] to be warm, matter of fact and straightforward in his approach. His staff was very communicative and responsive to my questions....2 Ivf cycles, one with my eggs, one donor was 20,000 not including donor fees, costs and genetic testing.
2012
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I found Dr. Saleh to be warm, matter of fact and straightforward in his approach. His staff was very communicative and responsive to my questions.